PDA

View Full Version : Mesut Özil Thread (official!)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Kano
02-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Don't see the problem with Ozil and Cazorla in same team. The three behind striker are quite fluid anyway so they will probably switch between the left and central. Theo provides the balance on right. Jack and Rambo to fight it out for position next to Tets.
with no player who likes to play out wide, we'll find a lot of our play pushed into the middle. ozil is an awesome player, don't get me wrong but i just do not understand this transfer.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Give him the number 10.

Jack :wave:

Ozil at 10, Theo at 14.

The next Bergkamp and Henry tbh

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:14 AM
If we get Di Maria, that'd help.

Does he play on the left or right ? Thought he was on the right though

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 11:15 AM
If we get Di Maria, that'd help.

Does he play on the left or right ? Thought he was on the right though

Can play either.

LDG
02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
with no player who likes to play out wide, we'll find a lot of our play pushed into the middle. ozil is an awesome player, don't get me wrong but i just do not understand this transfer.

Unless we're getting rid of someone......

:ninja:

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Unless we're getting rid of someone......

:ninja:

Wenger?

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Sky Sources understand that Mesut Ozil is having a medical with Arsenal

:D

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Sky Sources understand that Mesut Ozil is having a medical with Arsenal

:D
They are a bit late.

We're past the celebrating he has a medical stage.

We are waiting for the confirmation now

The world awaits

LDG
02-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Real Madrid are our feeder club tbf.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Real Madrid are our feeder club tbf.
Bale in a couple of years?

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Let's celebrate when this is confirmed on Pravda and not a moment before.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Watching the Bale thing on SSN

Surely the Emirates should welcome Ozil like that ? I'd go :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZj9dssTwdI

Maestro
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
do we all have our collective jizz ready to make it rain on here? gots mine ready :whistle:

LDG
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Bale in a couple of years?

I wouldn't rule it out tbh.

I reckon he'll be a massive flop there, and will need a quick flight home within 18 months.

LDG
02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
do we all have our collective jizz ready to make it rain on here? gots mine ready :whistle:

Sadly I left all mine on my missus' back this morning before she woke up.

Syn
02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
This would be a game changer. Arsenal are back.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:29 AM

:haha:

Maestro
02-09-2013, 11:29 AM

you jizz waster

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:30 AM
@piersmorgan

Bale gone, Ozil arriving, United self-imploding. Happy days are here again! #Afc

:bow:

Nayan
02-09-2013, 11:31 AM

spoiled that travis song forever,man

Niall_Quinn

I know, you dirty bastard. It was sick having to mop that up.

milla

Sick fuk :haha:

Maestro
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I know, you dirty bastard. It was sick having to mop that up.

got a janitor's job at LDG's? The Cleaner :lol:

GP
02-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Superman dat ho

Maestro
02-09-2013, 11:36 AM
spoiled that travis song forever,man

now you'll never forget it

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Ozil. :bow:

Germans. :bow:

Real Madrid for weakening Spurs and giving us one of their top players. :bow:

Wenget. :bow:

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Tom Ince rejects the spuds :haha:

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
@GeoffArsenal

I think the chase for a top striker in this window may be dead. Targets not available. Still time but may take Demba Ba on loan for now. >

Maestro
mods, we need a jizz emoticon ASAP. knock one out for us quicktime

Niall_Quinn
got a janitor's job at LDG's? The Cleaner :lol:

Tesco delivery

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
http://www.tf2chan.net/fanart/src/126058428021.gif

GP
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/a/a9/Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Ralpheroo72
02-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Sky sources say that Ozil undergoing medical in German hospital

German hospitals :bow:

Maestro
02-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Tesco delivery

adventures of .....:haha:

someone needs to tip off Mr L

Power n Glory
02-09-2013, 11:42 AM

We need another creative player. If Cazorla gets injured then we're in serious trouble. It's a good signing and one we shouldn't turn down this move even if we have to make room for him. It's a long season.

LDG
02-09-2013, 11:43 AM
mods, we need a jizz emoticon ASAP. knock one out for us quicktime

http://www.mydisplayimage.com/aim/premium/anim_wanking.gif

Ralpheroo72
02-09-2013, 11:45 AM
:gp:

Kano
02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
We need another creative player. If Cazorla gets injured then we're in serious trouble. It's a good signing and one we shouldn't turn down this move even if we have to make room for him. It's a long season.
as i said earlier it makes sense in that scenario but in the main, they'll be in the same side together. santi is not useful out wide. pelligrini struggle to use him on the wing and found his best position centrally at malaga. this feels like arsenal spending one someone who we dont really need. a striker was the most important thing. if we can blow 42m on ozil then another few for higuain or 10 extra for suarez shouldve happened. i look forward to seeing ozil but i dont see how our first eleven lines up and improves on last years lack of balance.

Syn
02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Cheeky bid for Ronaldo?

#rmfc #sellingclub

Maestro
02-09-2013, 11:49 AM

boo ya LDG. just tweak it a bit, so we can see jizz raining then it'd be perfect

JonasTC
English with german accent on sky is so sexy when he is talking about ozils medical <3

Kano
Cheeky bid for Ronaldo?

#rmfc #sellingclub
he's too busy emo'ing at home for anything else at the moment.

The Emirates Gallactico
Redcafe is in complete meltdown right now. :haha::haha:

Bless their poor glory hunting hearts, they can't quite believe that they haven't gone after him. A lot of abuse for Moyes and Woodward. :lol:

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Ozil will break records IMO.

Most notably, player to be subbed most times in a season

GP
02-09-2013, 11:51 AM
boo ya LDG. just tweak it a bit, so we can see jizz raining then it'd be perfect

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/506b193fecad042771000000/ibwcp6h6eguyti.gif

JonasTC
The german reporter on sky is standing in munich at the german national teams hotel, saying ozil didnt show up with the rest of the team, because he was at a medical at munich stadium... Seems 100% legit, surely it cant be media bullshit anymore :pray:

Maestro

Bless their poor glory hunting hearts, they can't quite believe that they haven't gone after him. A lot of abuse for Moyes and Woodward. :lol:

will wait till official confirmation to laugh at them and spuds properly

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-09-2013, 11:52 AM

They're cracking up!

Hopefully the start of the collapse.

That's what happens when you appoint a shit manager after a club legend.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 11:53 AM
They're cracking up!

Hopefully the start of the collapse.

That's what happens when you appoint a shit manager after a club legend.

Start was when they got Moyes.

Kano
02-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Ozil will break records IMO.

Most notably, player to be subbed most times in a season
we only have to pay madrid 5 million euros if he plays less than 68.5 minutes, in 73% of games.

Maestro
02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/image/506b193fecad042771000000/ibwcp6h6eguyti.gif

Damn you GP you know I have a PE condition

Tesco delivery guy? Clean up in the storage room.

Power n Glory
02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
as i said earlier it makes sense in that scenario but in the main, they'll be in the same side together. santi is not useful out wide. this feels like arsenal spending one someone who we dont really need. a striker was the most important thing. if we can blow 42m on ozil then another few for higuain or 10 extra for suarez shouldve happened. i look forward to seeing ozil but i dont see how our first eleven lines up and improves on last years lack of balance.

Maybe he’s not useful wide because we don’t have a player like Ozil in the middle. We just don’t know yet. I wouldn’t say we lacked balance last year, we lacked quality overall.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Damn you GP you know I have a PE condition

Tesco delivery guy? Clean up in the storage room.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Spain football writer Andy West: "Interesting to hear Real Madrid fans at the Bale presentation breaking away from their lauding of the Welshman to launch into a chorus of 'Don´t sell Ozil'.

"Might be a bit late for that now, but it shows how highly Madrid fans regard the German playmaker. Big boots for Bale to fill."

That's how good Ozil is

LDG
02-09-2013, 12:00 PM
How long does a medical take ffs.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 12:01 PM
How long does a medical take ffs.

It will go on til we find something wrong, say he failed the medical and Wenger will say at least we tried to bring in players

LDG
02-09-2013, 12:03 PM
"His eyes were just too big"

Kano
02-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Maybe he’s not useful wide because we don’t have a player like Ozil in the middle. We just don’t know yet. I wouldn’t say we lacked balance last year, we lacked quality overall.
that was one of your biggest mantras on here last season - balance. im just looking at his on paper and hopefully the reality turns out to be completely different. i guess its nice to be back in the market at the top end for once.

milla
02-09-2013, 12:05 PM

Ah.. this Aussie bint, forgor her name. Very popular due to her warm up dance routine before her race. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 12:06 PM
as i said earlier it makes sense in that scenario but in the main, they'll be in the same side together. santi is not useful out wide. pelligrini struggle to use him on the wing and found his best position centrally at malaga. this feels like arsenal spending one someone who we dont really need. a striker was the most important thing. if we can blow 42m on ozil then another few for higuain or 10 extra for suarez shouldve happened. i look forward to seeing ozil but i dont see how our first eleven lines up and improves on last years lack of balance.

Ozil could make Giroud a more effective striker, maybe that's the plan. Here's the truth, we need somebody better than Walcott to tighten up everything in the final third. Nobody will like that but it's true, we give the ball away too much in that area. Add Di Maria into this and it might be enough to stick with Giroud.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Podolski up front again when he returns? He was pretty shit last time though, but is our best chance-goal scorer

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Please don't drag this out all day Arsenal, I need to get some work done.

People need their shopping FFS!

Syn
02-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Get Ozil and Santi in attacking mid., with Wilshere and Ramsey as the moppers and it doesn't matter what Giroud does. Theo will kill it. Get it done Arsene.

I'd still get Cayabe in too. That'd be £20m well spent IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
RVP. :lol:

The midfield he has backing him up now. :haha:

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 12:12 PM
This isn't done yet - don't jinx it FFS!

Kano
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Ozil could make Giroud a more effective striker, maybe that's the plan. Here's the truth, we need somebody better than Walcott to tighten up everything in the final third. Nobody will like that but it's true, we give the ball away too much in that area. Add Di Maria into this and it might be enough to stick with Giroud.

i dunno, it feels like the whole barsenalona thing again. santi, ozil, jack, ramsey, arteta, rosicky - all quite similar. maybe podolski and feo will play as striker more often, with ox on the right when he's back.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
RVP. :lol:

The midfield he has backing him up now. :haha:

Was thinking that earlier.

Could have played with Cazorla and Ozil and now he's stuck with Cleverley and Anderson

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 12:14 PM
If this really happends... All other teams :pal:

Guess for the first time ever, it was good for wenger to be in the waiting period :dance:

GP
02-09-2013, 12:20 PM
"His eyes were just too big"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTJ-maXCYAAVYs-.jpg

Power n Glory
02-09-2013, 12:20 PM
i dunno, it feels like the whole barsenalona thing again. santi, ozil, jack, ramsey, arteta, rosicky - all quite similar. maybe podolski and feo will play as striker more often, with ox on the right when he's back.

The balance your referring to is mixing solid defence with quality attacking players. The Barca lite years, we lacked the defensive stability to hold on to a 1 nil lead. We look a lot more solid now and certainly did last year but the creativity and goals weren't anywhere near the level we're used to seeing.

Ozil is a good addition. Did Man Utd really need RVP last season considering they already had Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez? It's like saying they shouldn't have bought him because they had Rooney. If we can't effectively integrate him into our team when we're lacking in quality in so much areas then we have serious problems.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Was thinking that earlier.

Could have played with Cazorla and Ozil and now he's stuck with Cleverley and Anderson

The child in him didn't think of that.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 12:22 PM

Yeah but the Barsenalona thing works when you have genuine world class players on the pitch. If this means we're taking Walcott off the wing, where frankly he's almost useless in terms of providing an end product, and using his pace more effectively through the middle then in Wilshere, Cazorla and Ozil (who has not been signed yet so I'm assuming nothing) we have the players to make that happen. Same with Giroud, he needs others to make things happen he can't do it himself. I'm hoping Di Maria is the next piece of this puzzle. With players like that you can make a convincing case we're back to a squad rather than a guaranteed starting eleven. It would mean proper depth on the bench with Podolski, Ox and either/ or Giroud/ Walcott.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 12:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTKCGFKIgAAo17O.jpg

Twitter saying Podolski visited Ozil after his medical :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Poldi. :bow:

BFG. :bow:

GP
02-09-2013, 12:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTJ8jQJIgAAnbY7.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
02-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Speaking of BFG, this is his penultimate year of his contract. He's a must renew right now.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Our best CB by a mile.

Get him signed up asap

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.aquariumfish.net/images_01/celestial_120517b2_w0640.jpg

Kano
02-09-2013, 12:35 PM
The balance your referring to is mixing solid defence with quality attacking players. The Barca lite years, we lacked the defensive stability to hold on to a 1 nil lead. We look a lot more solid now and certainly did last year but the creativity and goals weren't anywhere near the level we're used to seeing.

Ozil is a good addition. Did Man Utd really need RVP last season considering they already had Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez? It's like saying they shouldn't have bought him because they had Rooney. If we can't effectively integrate him into our team when we're lacking in quality in so much areas then we have serious problems.
last season you talked about arteta/cazorla/ramsey/wilshere a lot and our ineffective our midfield was. i'm surprised you don't remember it. our creativity level was as high as ever - there was an opta stat about chances created (and the definition was clear about one on ones, or likelihood to score - not just crosses and passes in) and we were in our usual place. we were wasteful in front of goal, moreso than ever, giroud did ok and will again but we needed someone who can hit 25-30 goals for real improvement. man utd clearly needed rvp, fergie never buys just because. welbeck doesnt score. hernandez is used as an impact sub and rooneys fitness cant be relied on, as well as other issues.

of course ozil is a great signing but it shouldnt have been our headline for the summer, thats the point. we could not have been serious about the other bids if wenger values ozil at 42mill yet cant push past 30 for higuain or more for suarez in areas we need someone like that. hopefully i'm very wrong about his because i could do with something to get my interest levels back up.

Kano
02-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Yeah but the Barsenalona thing works when you have genuine world class players on the pitch. If this means we're taking Walcott off the wing, where frankly he's almost useless in terms of providing an end product, and using his pace more effectively through the middle then in Wilshere, Cazorla and Ozil (who has not been signed yet so I'm assuming nothing) we have the players to make that happen. Same with Giroud, he needs others to make things happen he can't do it himself. I'm hoping Di Maria is the next piece of this puzzle. With players like that you can make a convincing case we're back to a squad rather than a guaranteed starting eleven. It would mean proper depth on the bench with Podolski, Ox and either/ or Giroud/ Walcott.

well exactly my concern. that barcelona mix was a certain period in time that is being figured out by the better teams out there so it worries me that wenger still seems to want to put that together, rather than mix it up a bit more.

Syn
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't know how they judge those chances because while we were taking more (pot)shots, our creativity was a major problem last season IMO. I didn't see Giroud missing sitter after sitter - he was no Van Persie but he needed support which he never got. Ozil is an old fabregas type of player. Phenomenal vision and intelligence. Won't score many but we'll start creating a lot more.

The Ogg Monster
02-09-2013, 12:44 PM
At the end of the day when Wengers done the business and got Ozil and a few others I have the feeling we'll see alot of the anti-Wenger bellends performing grovelling apologies and admiting that theyre stupid cunts.

Or maybe not.

PLEASE LET US SIGN OZIL.

Im off for a wank in anticipation.

Kano
02-09-2013, 12:44 PM
I don't know how they judge those chances because while we were taking more (pot)shots, our creativity was a major problem last season IMO. I didn't see Giroud missing sitter after sitter - he was no Van Persie but he needed support which he never got. Ozil is an old fabregas type of player. Won't score many but we'll start creating a lot more.
no and i'm not trying to hang giroud either but he wasnt the man who will score from one chance in a game and i still think we need that sort of striker.

i need to find it again but it was quite clear cut 'A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score usually in a one-on-one scenario or from very close range' or something.

Kano
02-09-2013, 12:48 PM
this is it - midseason figures

http://thefootballfront.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/clear-cut-chances-and-premier-league.html

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 12:49 PM
well exactly my concern. that barcelona mix was a certain period in time that is being figured out by the better teams out there so it worries me that wenger still seems to want to put that together, rather than mix it up a bit more.

In reality we aren't talking actual Barcelona style - we're 10 players short of that. But our tippy-tappy breaks down because the genuine quality is not there. Ozil (who has not signed yet) would be a massive fix and put some more class in like Di Maria and our pretty patterns could start to provide an end result. I think we could mix it up, Giroud and Walcott (if pushed centrally) are very different players. It can't hurt to add real quality, for 8 years it's what we've been saying we need to do.

Holy fuck, breaking off to confirm just how SHIT Sky is. Breaking News - Big News - Amazing News - Arsenal make enquiry about Demba Ba. Fuck off Sky you twats. Thought they were going to say Mata.

Even so, Ba is not as sexy but he provides yet more options.

Syn
02-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Suarez would've been perfect. Rooney would've been the next best thing. At this stage it's about simply signing the best player we can. I agree that a top striker would be better, but we've been missing a dominant, quality midfielder for some time. If he joins us, we'll see what impact he has but I fancy Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski to have the goals covered.

AKBapologist
02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Terry's right, but the targets just didn't exist... (well there was Higuain which was a mistake, a goal and assist in 2 games already)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Kano
02-09-2013, 12:52 PM
In reality we aren't talking actual Barcelona style - we're 10 players short of that. But our tippy-tappy breaks down because the genuine quality is not there. Ozil (who has not signed yet) would be a massive fix and put some more class in like Di Maria and our pretty patterns could start to provide an end result. I think we could mix it up, Giroud and Walcott (if pushed centrally) are very different players. It can't hurt to add real quality, for 8 years it's what we've been saying we need to do.

Holy fuck, breaking off to confirm just how SHIT Sky is. Breaking News - Big News - Amazing News - Arsenal make enquiry about Demba Ba. Fuck off Sky you twats. Thought they were going to say Mata.

Even so, Ba is not as sexy but he provides yet more options.
there's reality then there's venga's current state of mind. i love the fact we're signing ozil - i just hope wenger doesn't just think lumping him into the starting eleven and letting them get on with it will be enough.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
there's reality then there's venga's current state of mind. i love the fact we're signing ozil - i just hope wenger doesn't just think lumping him into the starting eleven and letting them get on with it will be enough.

I hope it means we are converting Walcott. I agree though, Ozil may well be our goalkeeping cover :-(

Power n Glory
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
last season you talked about arteta/cazorla/ramsey/wilshere a lot and our ineffective our midfield was. i'm surprised you don't remember it. our creativity level was as high as ever - there was an opta stat about chances created (and the definition was clear about one on ones, or likelihood to score - not just crosses and passes in) and we were in our usual place. we were wasteful in front of goal, moreso than ever, giroud did ok and will again but we needed someone who can hit 25-30 goals for real improvement. man utd clearly needed rvp, fergie never buys just because. welbeck doesnt score. hernandez is used as an impact sub and rooneys fitness cant be relied on, as well as other issues.

of course ozil is a great signing but it shouldnt have been our headline for the summer, thats the point. we could not have been serious about the other bids if wenger values ozil at 42mill yet cant push past 30 for higuain or more for suarez in areas we need someone like that. hopefully i'm very wrong about his because i could do with something to get my interest levels back up.

I remember that conversation and my take has always been that Arteta and Ramsey aren’t good enough and Wilshere may fall down into that bracket if he shape up quickly. Quality was the problem and the only way to balance it out since the transfer window was closed was to put Rosicky in the middle. That’s my stance on that situation. Address the balance with the resources we had at the time but now that the window is open, we need to add quality. Can Cazorla and Ozil play together in the centre? We’ll find out.

Edinburgh Gooner
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
This isn't done yet - don't jinx it FFS!

It was jinxed as soon as this thread was started imo.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 01:00 PM
wot dont u fuckers get bout 100% success rate ffs

Its happening

Kano
02-09-2013, 01:45 PM
http://girlswithmesutozileyes.tumblr.com/

Edinburgh Gooner
02-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Apparently we are announcing this at 4.30pm according to daily mail.

Asthmatic Kitty
02-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Jan Aage Fjortoft @JanAageFjortoft

Great news for Arsenal-fans. I understand that there is verbal agreement between Arsenal and Özil. My source: Just signature missing!

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Apparently we are announcing this at 4.30pm according to daily mail.

The Daily Mail wishes Hitler had won the war. Maybe that's why they have the inside track on German transfers.

LDG
02-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Hope this guy knows what he's doing :pray:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTKgMiHCQAE4l7t.jpg:large

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 02:31 PM
announcement at 4pm apparently

LDG
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Bild now reporting that he passed the medical, and has agreed personal terms.

#wenfer

Edinburgh Gooner
02-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Where's the obligatory welcome to Arsenal video?

Syn
02-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Where's the obligatory welcome to Arsenal video?

Doesn't really need one. Top no. of assists in league+champions league combined since 2010 - that's more than Cesc, Messi and all the rest. We all know he's a phenomenal player.

LDG
02-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Doesn't really need one. Top no. of assists in league+champions league combined since 2010 - that's more than Cesc, Messi and all the rest. We all know he's a phenomenal player.

That's why we're all so confused as to why WUMger is going to play him at CB.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Going to take a shower. Expect this to be confirmed when I return.

Maestro
02-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Going to take a shower. Expect this to be confirmed when I return.

You must be longest in the shower, ever, for that to happen

Letters
02-09-2013, 03:25 PM
A NLD win and a major signing?

I hope Zim's OK...

GP
02-09-2013, 03:26 PM

I hope Zim's OK...

I don't haha lol jk

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 03:26 PM

I hope Zim's OK...

not just a major signing. spending over 40 million on it too

Syn
02-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't haha lol jk

But not really.

Dein-machine
02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Hope so Munchies - new member 1st post, what a day to start - 4 wins in a row, above the Yids & the Mancs - looks like we could be spending some money!!!! - doesn't get much better!!!

Letters
02-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Hope so Munchies - new member 1st post, what a day to start - 4 wins in a row, above the Yids & the Mancs - looks like we could be spending some money!!!! - doesn't get much better!!!
Welcome on board :tiphat:

LDG
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Podolski RTing Ozil stuff now.

This has got to be done, surely.

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Podolski RTing Ozil stuff now.

This has got to be done, surely.

Turns out his medical was actually for Napoli.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Turns out his medical was actually for Napoli.

No

I_Killed_Kenny
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
its 4.40 now, wheres the fecking announcement

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 03:40 PM
"As soon as" 6pm for announcement apparently :doh:

Traxion
02-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Sky sports reckon a 6pm announcement due to him filming some commercial in Munich!

I_Killed_Kenny
02-09-2013, 03:42 PM
fair dues, just after I get home then. nice to see it completed by then.

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 03:43 PM
ANNOUNCE IT NOW YOU BASTARDS

Syn
02-09-2013, 03:44 PM
FUCKING CUNTS!! ANNOUNCE IT!!!

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 03:45 PM
ANNOUNCE IT NOW YOU BASTARDS

Thanks Ollie, somebody needed to put their foot down here.

:popcorn:

Letters
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
If we announce it now we'll have nothing to announce at 10:59pm

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
If we announce it now we'll have nothing to announce at 10:59pm

Benzema and DiMaria DUH

GP
02-09-2013, 03:48 PM
ANNOUNCE DA TING!

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Ollie? Have you sorted this yet? Still waiting. Tell your dad to get a fucking move on!

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 03:58 PM
if we do confirm this deal, does this mean that we will have spent the most on a single player in the premiership this summer?

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 04:01 PM
if we do confirm this deal, does this mean that we will have spent the most on a single player in the premiership this summer?

Indeed.

2nd most expensive signing in the Prem after Torres, unless I've forgotten about someone.

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Indeed.

2nd most expensive signing in the Prem after Torres, unless I've forgotten about someone.

wow. not something you would thought you would be saying about Arsenal and wenger this summer

Edinburgh Gooner
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
What's Durham saying on talkshite?

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 04:05 PM

that by signing some foreginer, we are ruining english football as it will stop jacks progress.

probably

GP

Nobody cares.

Marc Overmars
wow. not something you would thought you would be saying about Arsenal and wenger this summer

Make that 3rd most expensive. Didn't realise Tevez cost City 47m. :blink:

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Make that 3rd most expensive. Didn't realise Tevez cost City 47m. :blink:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferrekorde/wettbewerb_gb1.html

according to that, 2nd is shevenko at 40 so ozil would be second

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM

Praising it

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
It's done

milla
02-09-2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/09/02/4232610/done-deal-ozil-signs-for-arsenal?ICID=HP_HN_1

According to goal.com, the deal for Ozil to Arsenal is completed. :coffee:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-09-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/09/02/4232610/done-deal-ozil-signs-for-arsenal?ICID=HP_HN_1

According to goal.com, the deal for Ozil to Arsenal is completed. :coffee:

i'll wait for the reputable websites to report this if that's ok

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-09-2013, 04:55 PM
That said getting a bit impatient, going to BBC Sport every ten-twenty minutes waiting for confirmation of the deal for Brundlefly

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Wenget just can't help himself but troll the fans little bit more.

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzjelVtrXqg&feature=player_embedded

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Madrid fans are super picky about their players... If they sing dont sale Ozil, it just confirmes even more, how big of signing this really is. This must be the mythical super top top quality wenger has always been talking about :D

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
according to the telegraph, not only would we smash our transfer record, it would also beat both manchester clubs records. second to chelsea.

WE'RE SPENDING SOME FUCKING MONEY

Özil's Panoramic View
02-09-2013, 05:26 PM
What's happening here? Barely been on over the festive Labour Day weekend
Have we signed that owl as yet?

Syn
Yeah. Can we just fucking announce the transfer. Getting twitcher than...twitchy.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/iniestaozil.jpg

Munchies
===Giroud====
==Ozil === Cazorla === Walcott
===Flamini ===Rosicky/Wheelchair
=Gibbs ===BFG === Koscielny === Sagna
==== = Chesney====

JonasTC
http://i.imgur.com/uJyXPxx.jpg

Özil's Panoramic View
02-09-2013, 05:28 PM
===Giroud====
==Ozil === Cazorla === Walcott
===Flamini ===Rosicky/Wheelchair
Gibbs - BFG - Koscielny - Sagna
Chesney

2 players away from domination there.

Shaqiri Is Boss
You thought I was going to buy Ozil didn't you?

Acting.

McNamara That Ghost...
Yeah. Can we just fucking announce the transfer. Getting twitcher than...twitchy.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/iniestaozil.jpg

Who compiled those assist stats? Ignore me, forgetting about internationals.

Syn
02-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Who compiled those stats? :lol:

Dunno. Saw it on twitter.

GP
02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Cazorla to the left of me, Ozil to the right.... Here I am, stuck in the middle Giroud!

I_Killed_Kenny
I read somewhere that in 3 years at madrid he has scored or asissted 108 goals in 157 games

JonasTC
I think its legit, tho they have counted some unofficial games aswell... His official are 305 games and 46 goals, so i guess the assist cant be that far off.

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
27 goals and 81 assist for madrid in official games over 3 years... not bad (just counted it on transfermarkt).

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
He's miles better than Iniesta.

Don't think anyone will dispute that.

Anyway Durham putting it out there that Arsenal might be holding up the confirmation of this deal as there is no one else coming in so want to long this one out

Penguin
02-09-2013, 05:41 PM
I heard he was top assister for 3 seasons in a row in La Liga with 79 assists in total. That's an amazing stat in itself but especially when you remember he's beaten the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc!

EDIT - it's not true at all, Messi had one more assist in 2010/11, he was top by four assists in 2011/12, and Iniesta was top assister in 2012/13

Gonna have a word with my 'source' <_<

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-09-2013, 05:42 PM
He's miles better than Iniesta.

Don't think anyone will dispute that.

Anyway Durham putting it out there that Arsenal might be holding up the confirmation of this deal as there is no one else coming in so want to long this one out

That makes absolutely no sense

Syn
02-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I heard he was top assister for 3 seasons in a row in La Liga with 79 assists in total. That's an amazing stat in itself but especially when you remember he's beaten the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc!

Tbf he's had Ronaldo lashing them in from all angles. He won't get those numbers here, not that it matters.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 05:43 PM
That makes absolutely no sense

It's Durham. Does he ever?

He said the reason for taking so long is cos then the Arsenal fans will be so relieved it has gone through, they'll forget about the other players that we needed

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Oh right....to be honest if we bring in a striker even on loan i think we are ok until January

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 05:49 PM
we laugh at wenger for saying he will only sign super top quality players but my god hes pulled it out the bag if we sign ozil

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Tbf he's had Ronaldo lashing them in from all angles. He won't get those numbers here, not that it matters.

his average is 16 over 2 seasons for werder and 18.33 over 3 seasons for madrid, not that far off.

hobson's choice
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Is this shit done yet

Master Splinter
02-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Arsenal always take ages to make things official.

I don't think they've used any of the £70m budget to speed up the confirmation process.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Getting bored of it now.

Well done Arsene.

When it is confirmed, we'll be all meh instead of the excitement we all felt earlier.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Stop scrimping the pennies ffs Wenger

Got £70m in the bank, £40m on Ozil, spend the £30m on Benteke :coffee:

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Getting bored of it now.

Well done Arsene.

When it is confirmed, we'll be all meh instead of the excitement we all felt earlier.

you might be, the rest of will be buzzing with excitment.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 06:27 PM
you might be, the rest of will be buzzing with excitment.

Clearly.

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
@safwaansibda
Wenger sold Gervinho to Roma so Lamela could join Spurs which allowed Bale to leave Madrid and we could sign Özil. #genius @wengerknowsbest

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-09-2013, 06:46 PM
@safwaansibda
Wenger sold Gervinho to Roma so Lamela could join Spurs which allowed Bale to leave Madrid and we could sign Özil. #genius @wengerknowsbest

By implication they are saying Wenger is more of a machiavellian long game schemer than Francis Urqhart and his american counterpart Frank Underwood combined.

Özim
02-09-2013, 06:47 PM
:wave:

I hope Zim's OK...

You must have missed this post in this thread

:dancingman:

and this one in the match thread

Watched the game, performance was gritty and solid and great goal, looked pretty solid at the back and all in all a very good performance considering the circumstances and great win.

:fingers:

Syn
02-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Daily Heil say it's done. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408697/Mesut-Ozil-signs-Arsenal-Real-Madrid-42-5million.html

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Fuck off, is this not done yet? Went out expecting to come back and celebrate and they are still fucking around?

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Fuck off, is this not done yet? Went out expecting to come back and celebrate and they are still fucking around?

Still doing the medical

McNamara That Ghost...
Some idiot on RAWK:

Frankly, I think it's a bigger panic signing than Andy Carroll

Syn
Best keep our powder dry. Save up for January.

Özim
02-09-2013, 07:12 PM
we laugh at wenger for saying he will only sign super top quality players but my god hes pulled it out the bag if we sign ozil

It was Gazidis :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2013, 07:13 PM
It was Gazidis :coffee:

Wenger was tied up in the kit locker all day apparently.

Özim
02-09-2013, 07:13 PM

All good things come to those who wait....and wait....and wait.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 07:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTLhTnMIMAAc4Mg.jpg

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 07:14 PM
BBC Sport's David Ornstein
OZIL LATEST

"There a no issues or problems surrounding Arsenal's club-record signing of Mesut Ozil. The deal is being processed and Arsenal plan to announce it in the next couple of hours."

It was couple of hours, couple of hours ago.

This club is embarrassing.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger first tracked the midfielder six years ago, but Ozil has now been convinced to join the club by Germany team-mate Per Mertesacker and Wenger himself.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408697/Mesut-Ozil-signs-Arsenal-Real-Madrid-42-5million.html#ixzz2dlSO9Qmm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BFG :bow::bow:

Give the man a new bumper contract at once!!!!

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 07:16 PM

dno if its a fake profile tho. just checked it, its his official fb page.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 07:18 PM

dno if its a fake profile tho

Its real !

Syn

http://i.imgur.com/Feck6qa.jpg

Munchies
BFG :bow::bow:

Give the man a new bumper contract at once!!!!

BFG you big bastard :bow:

Özim
02-09-2013, 07:21 PM

It's a couple of hours Jamaican time.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Going to be refreshing this page like mad for the next few days until Ozil's name is available.

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-kit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/invt/479302r

Arsenal home kit made in Vietnam by child labour :bow::bow:

milla
02-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Going to be refreshing this page like mad for the next few days until Ozil's name is available.

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-kit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/invt/479302r

Arsenal home kit made in Vietnam by child labour :bow::bow:

Vietnamese & Indonesian kids :bow:

milla
02-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I wonder what would happen tomorrow if this deal fell apart. :coffee:

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I wonder what would happen tomorrow if this deal fell apart. :coffee:

there wont be anyone here. we will have all jumped of bridges

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 07:56 PM
If this doesn't happen, I'm killing you all

This

milla
02-09-2013, 07:59 PM

I will be fine cos I believe we have a world class player in Bendtner. Look forward to see him in his Arsenal shirt. :coffee:

Marc Overmars

Pretty much.

The reputation of the club is on the line tonight.

Cripps_orig
Pretty much.

The reputation of the club is on the line tonight.

Tbf our rep can't get any lower

Rors
02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Hell, if you don't sign him, even I will jump off a bridge. Just fricking get it done!!

The Emirates Gallactico
02-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Not before burning down the Emirates and London Colney.

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Tbf our rep can't get any lower

It would make the damage irreversible.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Us not getting Ba is down to financial reasons not rival reasons

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Its happening, no reason to worry. I think they're just delaying it because they want the presentation to be perfect since its probably the biggest signing in the clubs history. (plus i dont think boateng would upload a pic with ozil, saying something like good luck in arsenal in german).

Munchies
02-09-2013, 08:03 PM
What Durham said is making sense now :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Man up.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 08:04 PM
What Durham said is making sense now :haha:

Durham :bow:

Rors
02-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Durham :bow:

Banning offence surely?

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Ozil is a smokescreen for Kalou.

hobson's choice
02-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Can they hurry the fuck up, I need to go take a nap.

Boss
02-09-2013, 08:17 PM
You lads need to chill tf out.

It's happening.

Munchies
02-09-2013, 08:18 PM
@saschariether

welcome to London @MesutOzil1088

Fulham's German RB

Now get that striker ffs

milla
02-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Latest from BBC

Ozil has failed his medical at Arsenal due to a dust-induced asthma attack after he being shown the trophy room.

:coffee:

hobson's choice
02-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Latest from BBC

:coffee:

You almost gave me a heart attack

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Last hour.

Time to stop trolling us now please.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Ornstein calming all Gooners down again. :bow:

Though no announcement at 10 like he said he understood would happen.

milla
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Ander Herrera 2012/2013 34 games 2 assists 2 goals
Mesut Ozil 2012/2013 59 games 35 assists 16 goals

LDG
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
AS now reporting as official.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/09/01/primera/1378048668_664427.html

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
:sleep:

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Apparently Merts was instrumental in persuading him to come.

What a fucking man.

Edinburgh Gooner
02-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Spanish league official shit apparently no longer lists ozil as a player for madrid. only a matter of time til arse.com report it.

Japan Shaking All Over

What a fucking man.

too late to work his magic on Drexler?

Cripps_orig

What a fucking man.

He hasn't come yet.

And him not coming has stopped many Arsenal fans from coming

Cripps_orig
too late to work his magic on Drexler?

He's shit tbh

LDG
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
No longer registered as a la liga player.....

Rors
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Dare I even speak his name in this thread, but didn't the Arshavin deal go right up to the golden hour too? Don't panic. Yet.

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2013, 09:15 PM
james olley says we are to confirm ozil story around half ten

Maestro
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
He hasn't come yet.

And him not coming has stopped many Arsenal fans from coming

:good: this

fucked up our synchronized jizz

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 09:18 PM
BBC say its all done and dusted and will be confirmed publicly within half hour

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Pretty good that we've got a mini core of Spaniards and Germans. They can persuade their national teammates to join us.

United had no Spanish midgets to lure Thiago and Herrera. :pal:

Maestro
02-09-2013, 09:20 PM
are we all set to simultaneously spunk this place in half an hour?

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
are we all set to spunk this place in half an hour?

Not in the mood anymore.

I'm more in the "just get on with it ffs" stage

Maestro
02-09-2013, 09:22 PM
done dooooonnnneeeee

McNamara That Ghost...
Ozil quotes. YESSSS. :bow:

He's ours.

Maestro
DONE

JIZZ AWAY MOFO's

Rors
02-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Thank fuck for that....

The Emirates Gallactico
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maestro
Ozil quotes. YESSSS. :bow:

He's ours.

where's our jizzmotican?????

Munchies
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ME :bow:

Özil: "I want to bring trophies back to Arsenal."

JonasTC
:dance:

holy sheeet... World class player, one of the most expensive signings in the premier league ever, best signing in this transfer window.... MY BRAIN CANT HANDLE THIS WHAT IS HAPPENING

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Finally

Welcome home Ozil

Marc Overmars
02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Get in! :dance:

Ozil has confirmed it himself with an interview.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
SSN give it the big yellow bar treatment!

Rors
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
No chance Hughes, no chance :lol:

LDG

:woohoo:

:patrice:

:scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
Ornstein couldn't get his words out. :lol:

Cripps_orig
02-09-2013, 09:28 PM
5 year deal apparently

Brilliant player.

JonasTC
02-09-2013, 09:28 PM
:cloud9:

Munchies
02-09-2013, 09:29 PM
FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Emirates Gallactico
LOL AT THE ARSENAL FANS ON SSN.

Pretty sure the Cameraman fell over. :lol:

Marc Overmars
http://thegoonermonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/arsene-wenger-manages-a-smile-pic-getty-899923891.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/german-international-ozil-joins-arsenal

Boss
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/german-international-ozil-joins-arsenal

Asthmatic Kitty