Gnabbers :bow:

Ramsey :bow:

Merts, Kos, Flamster :bow:

Arsenal :bow:

Wumger :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
28-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Awesome win...

Didn't dominate possession, but when we did, we made it count.

Majestic goals those were.

Us. :bow:

Syn
28-09-2013, 06:33 PM
8 goals this season for Ramsey :haha:

He has truly cesc'd it around after he couldn't finish his dinner last season. Top player.

AKBapologist
28-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Still think wenger doesn't know how to set up a side to counter?
http://i.imgur.com/ZUiMXfq.gif

Wengerball 2.0 :bow:

Marc Overmars
28-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Bit of a stale first half but we cranked it up a notch after the break. Brilliant counter attacking and movement for both goals. :cloud9:

Defensively sound again, we had to be because Swansea move the ball so well.

Thought Özil was probably the weakest performer today, after facing Stoke and Sunderland he probably didn't realise there are some teams who can actually play football in this league like Swansea.

Top of the league and long may it continue.

Syn
28-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Also. That was a massive confidence boosting win. Swansea played some cracking football and we stepped up with two fantastic goals. Gnabry has a lot of balls. Like what I've seen of him in his two league games.

Letters
28-09-2013, 06:37 PM
NY :bow:

Blind Pig :bow:

Munchies
28-09-2013, 06:38 PM
NY :bow:

Blind Pig :bow:

How was the trip there ? Loads of gooners about ?

Munchies
28-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Still think wenger doesn't know how to set up a side to counter?
http://i.imgur.com/ZUiMXfq.gif

Wengerball 2.0 :bow:

I've been saying Wilshere has been shit recently, but he was class today ! Made the 2nd goal along with Big Sexy/Rambo

Letters
28-09-2013, 06:41 PM
How was the trip there ? Loads of gooners about ?

It's awesome. Just like an Arsenal pub in London.
Plenty of ladies too ##

footloose, the wanderer
28-09-2013, 06:41 PM
2 points clear +2 GD + WBA next :oldboy::good:

Darknight02
28-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Massive win. Swansea were brilliant in the second half and were it for a lack of final ball they'd have had us on the ropes. Credit to the boys though. Kept hanging on in there and as all good championship quality teams do stepped it up a notch for ten minutes.

Gnabry had a poor first half. Very defensive. Not confident. Not looking to run and take players on and just go safe. He didn't provide an outlet for the centre midfielders. Similarly Wilshere drifting in on multiple occasions and leaving the flanks open for their wingers. Towards the end of the 1st half, with that run and pass Gnabry just grew in confidence and stature and believed he deserved to be out there. Came out for the second half as a different player. Making runs and taking players on and scored a fabulous finish. Wilshere too. Tackling, hunger, energy all came out in that second half. Involved heavily in both goals and he determination for the run kept the ball in play for us. Lovely interchanging passing.

Ramsey. What more to say. The fittest player in Arsenal's team since the days of Vieira. What an engine he has. And he's added those lung bursting attacking runs at the end. What composure to play a lovely assist and reverse to Gnabry for the first goal. And what composure and a finish for the second.

Szcesney was fantastic in handling and controlled his area brilliantly. Can't credit the defence more today. Kept us in it at the end of the 1st half and were dominant but for one attack from Swansea in the second. Ozil poor today. But should have scored his first when one on one. He's missing two pacey wingers that he can release on the flanks. He'll shine when we get Walcott, Cambo and Podolski back.

Come on you gunners!

selassie
28-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Great result today, I thought we were superb in the 2nd half, countered with purpose and took our chances very well. I really like the look of this team, reminds me a little of the 06/07 team when we had the likes of Hleb, Cesc, Rosicky et al.

This team has a nice variety about it and seems quite resilient under pressure.

Once we sort out our depth issues in Attack and to a lesser degree Central Defence I think we have the makings of a great team/squad.

Its great to have Arsenal back, I'm really enjoying watching us play this season!

Munchies
28-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Hopefully if we can continue this form, Liverpool go down the table, a £50m bid for Suarez in Jan, and the title/everything else is ours , including the champions league !

Master Splinter
28-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Excellent win.

Poor first half, but another assured and mature away performance in the second period.

Gnabry, Ramsey and Wilshere really stepped up in the second half to help out Giroud who was impressive all game. Giroud was just as good defensively actually, along with Flamini, Mertesacker and Koscielny. Szczesny had another good game. Ozil wasn't so good. Hopefully he's saving his energy for Tuesday.

For an outfit with no depth, we're not doing badly to win two tough away games in four days and going top of the PL table with eight players out injured.

Just a shame about the +1 goal we keep conceding.

Arsenal :bow:.

Munchies
28-09-2013, 06:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVRU_LACQAA689J.jpg

footloose, the wanderer
28-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Just popping out to supermarket really fancy a Caerphilly & Leek tart to munch on for MOTD later

LDG
28-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Lol. What a waste of money Erzle is.

Nagry was cool.

Fucking love it.

:scarf:

Marc Overmars
28-09-2013, 06:53 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2435540/JAMIE-CARRAGHER-Why-I-want-Arsenal-fans-season.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Carra. :bow:

Always rated him.

Munchies
28-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Lol. What a waste of money Erzle is.

:scarf:

:lol: That's exactly how his name is pronounced aswell

footloose, the wanderer
28-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Read it earlier today - :clap:

:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2435540/JAMIE-CARRAGHER-Why-I-want-Arsenal-fans-season.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Carra. :bow:

Always rated him.

Munchies
28-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Ramsey post match intv:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15axzv_ramseyint_sport#from=embediframe

Basically, Wenget was playing me in the wrong position

Dein-machine
28-09-2013, 07:14 PM
ground out a very good victory, great 3 points especially with all the other results today. Wumger worries me with his substitutions though, Flamini's legs were heavy, he was on a yellow & we knew there would be a lot of tackling to do in our half in the last 15 minutes, he should have been a straight swap for Arteta - we took off the only player with any pace & with 18 year old legs (Gnabs) knowing we were going to play on the counter - could have easily had to defend with 10 men

Syn
28-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Joe ledley ‏@joe16led (https://twitter.com/joe16led)1h (https://twitter.com/joe16led/status/384012634192101376)
Get in there @aaronramsey (https://twitter.com/aaronramsey)

Aaron Ramsey ‏@aaronramsey (https://twitter.com/aaronramsey)23m (https://twitter.com/aaronramsey/status/384029357968064512)
@joe16led (https://twitter.com/joe16led) cheers Joe

Says it all, I'm not afraid.

Chuck Felsea
28-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Good win combined with Utd losing at WBA. That makes a good weekend.

Syn
28-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Good win combined with Utd losing at WBA. That makes a good weekend.

Great username :haha:

Harland
28-09-2013, 07:33 PM
excellent, excellent win.

I'm very worried about a squad burn out... we really need some of our injured players to start coming back.

LDG
28-09-2013, 08:00 PM
excellent, excellent win.

I'm very worried about a squad burn out... we really need some of our injured players to start coming back.

Very important that.

We need santi back. Miss that dude.

Transplanted Gooner
28-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Perfect weekend. So far.
Spuds Chavs draw
United lose. Citeh lose.
The Arsenal win.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Seems we've made it to Santi's return without losing which is bladdddy nice. He will be lovely jubbly to have back in the team with his twinkle toes.

LDG
28-09-2013, 09:17 PM
If Gnabbers can produce that kind of direct stuff regularly in a few years time, we have a fucking top player on our hands.

Nice to have someone to challenge Walcott for a place in the team.

Japan Shaking All Over
28-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Very proud of the lads! Ramsey is playing out of his skin, putting last season well and truely behind him.....we're going think there is something wrong with him when he doesn't get on the scoresheet

Gnarby has been a massive bonus, steping in for Walcott and doing the biz......worth remembering he played the full game mid-week....missed a pen but came up with a goal today :bow:

Flamini.....really thought he would just be a squad filler but could be in the early running for player of season

Come on you rip roaring reds......(who was that, who always used to shout that in the old North Bank?)

LDG
28-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Come on you rip roaring, top scoring, GUNNERS!!!!

Dein-machine
28-09-2013, 09:27 PM
If Gnabbers can produce that kind of direct stuff regularly in a few years time, we have a fucking top player on our hands.

Nice to have someone to challenge Walcott for a place in the team.

If he keeps that up Walcock will be a bench warmer

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-09-2013, 11:38 PM
So today was the first time I thought, "we could mount a title challenge".

These were the types of games we'd drop points in previous years.

In the words of LDG, IT'S ON!!!1111!!!!!1!!!

Özim
29-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Great win yesterday, at half time I was worried we'd blow our chance, when our rivals drop points we usually do as well but not this time. Ramsey briliant again, he's making unbelievable strides this season!

Dennis Bendtner
29-09-2013, 10:14 AM
I thought Wilshere was very good yesterday, apart from the hospital pass.

Marc Overmars
29-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Think he's been playing better since he was moved to a wider position.

Don't think he's good enough yet to dictate a game from the centre on a regular basis, so he hopefully he can gain some form and consistency playing where he is now.

GP
29-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, as soon as Santi's back he'll be part of the #Bench gang.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Wilshere's bulked up way too much.

It was his ability to glide past the defender that made him so good. Now he's slower and more mechanic. His brain clearly wants him to do something but his body is reacting a split second slower. It never used to be like that.

Ollie the Optimist
29-09-2013, 11:54 AM
What a win, two points clear of spurs, 8 points ahead of united (judas :haha: )

Thought the team was superb, defended well. Took our chances amd took the points home. Top of the league. Won our last 9 games amd since spurs, we have played 21 games and won 18. This team really can be special.

Also our away fans are the best, they don't stop singing at all. Was great to be a part of that. Great day out

hobson's choice
29-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Very good result yesterday, thought Wilshere had one of the best games, he's had as an Arsenal player particularly in the 2nd half.

Gnarby had a good game, after he made that run in the last minute of the 1st half, you just saw his confidence grow.

On to Napoli, keep it up boys.

Master Splinter
29-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Wilshere's bulked up way too much.

It was his ability to glide past the defender that made him so good. Now he's slower and more mechanic. His brain clearly wants him to do something but his body is reacting a split second slower. It never used to be like that.

There could be something in this tbf.

Or it could just be he's taking time to re-adjust to football and the changes in our team since he's come back. I'm sure it will just click and Sir Jack from 2010/11 will be back. It would be a shame if he's dead.

BOBN
01-10-2013, 12:12 PM
If he keeps that up Walcock will be a bench warmer
Ozil was poor because he didnt have Walcott running in behind.

Thats my theory, I await it being disproven.

hobson's choice
01-10-2013, 12:42 PM

We are not gonna see the best Ozil till Carzorla and Theo are playing alongside him.

JonasTC
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
We are not gonna see the best Ozil till Carzorla and Theo are playing alongside him.

http://einsteinsdesk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Özim
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
It'll take a bit of time to see the best of Ozil, it's a new league, new country (weather is sh*t :lol:), so he needs some time to settle, he needs to get to know his teammates better as well to gain a good understanding.

Xhaka Can’t
01-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Sell him, he's shit!

Dein-machine
01-10-2013, 03:37 PM

I agree tactically but how many times have you seen Theo run in behind this season. Seems a bit lazy to me this year, not having that desire to burst past defenders. Does it at times but not consistent enough. If Gnabbers is as quick & has more hunger then Theo needs to buck his ideas up. His been a victim of Wumger's poor transfer policy, not giving him enough competition, so he's lazy. Goes backwards & sideways when he should be burning past the full backs.