PDA

View Full Version : International Friendlies Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Olivier's xmas twist
23-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Not sure why Pearce is posturing by leaving Lampard out. Does he think Uncle 'Arry will do the same?

At least he's tempted Rob Green out of retirement. England's goalkeepers. :bow:

He said the reason he left lamps and Rio out was, he not learn anything from watching them playand he knows what they can do.

Master Splinter
23-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Blanc :haha:.

Bring back Domenech tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Sagna and Koscielny were left out :haha:

France :doh:

Don't worry Wumger will be in the hot seat soon

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Don't worry Wumger will be in the hot seat soon:pray:

Coney
23-02-2012, 11:15 PM
He said the reason he left lamps and Rio out was, he not learn anything from watching them playand he knows what they can do.

Makes sense.

Cripps_orig
24-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Torres has been dropped :lol:

Rors
24-02-2012, 10:58 PM
As plausible (and laudable) Psycho's reason for dropping Lumps was, notice that he got no censure from his new media chummies on the decision. AVB does the same, for equally understandable - and arguably better-explained - reasons, and he gets flayed alive. He's a 'furrener' more intelligent than Custis, Lipton and Samuel y'see...

GP
24-02-2012, 11:01 PM
He took our jobs!

Xhaka Can’t
24-02-2012, 11:19 PM
He tok yer jobs!

GP
24-02-2012, 11:41 PM
De derk a derk!

Cripps_orig
25-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Bent out of the squad

Olivier's xmas twist
26-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Harry Redknapp will raid Tottenham for his backroom staff when England come calling.
The people’s choice to be the next *England boss will seek reassurances that he can bring in his own coaching team.
Redknapp, 64, wants to take Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan with him to England and safeguard their immediate futures. The Spurs boss will also move swiftly to ensure that Stuart Pearce, the *current caretaker England coach, will have a pivotal role in the future England set-up.
Redknapp sees Pearce – in charge of England this Wednesday – as a vital *component in his backroom team if the White Hart Lane boss is invited to take charge of England’s *European Championship campaign.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EXCLUSIVE-Harry-Redknapp-wants-Tottenham-staff-Joe-Jordan-and-Kenny-Bonds-to-join-him-with-England-article870573.html

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Rafael van der Vaart has pulled out of the Holland squad for their friendly against England on Wednesday.
The Tottenham Hotspur (http://topics.skysports.com/Tottenham+Hotspur/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif midfielder, who came on as a half-time substitute in the weekend defeat to Arsenal, (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif has an ankle injury.
The Dutch Football Association (KNVB) said in a statement that Van der Vaart (http://topics.skysports.com/Rafael+van+der+Vaart/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif had picked up the injury during the match at the Emirates.
Van der Vaart is the second player to withdraw from Bert van Marwijk's squad, after Swansea's goalkeeper Michel Vorm was sidelined with an illness.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12010/7551846/Van-der-Vaart-ruled-out

Syn
27-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I think Van Persie's got one of them too.

Walcott's fine, though.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Brazil v Bosnia-H Tue 28 Feb 19:00
Armenia v Serbia Tue 28 Feb 01:00
New Zealand v Jamaica Wed 29 Feb 06:30
Israel v Ukraine Wed 29 Feb 14:00
Latvia v Kazakhstan Wed 29 Feb 14:00
Moldova v Belarus Wed 29 Feb 15:00
Armenia v Canada Wed 29 Feb 17:00
Cyprus v Serbia Wed 29 Feb 17:00
Hungary v Bulgaria Wed 29 Feb 17:00
Montenegro v Iceland Wed 29 Feb 17:00
Greece v Belgium Wed 29 Feb 18:00
Luxembourg v Macedonia Wed 29 Feb 18:00
Tunisia v Peru Wed 29 Feb 18:00
Malta v Liechtenstein Wed 29 Feb 18:30
Turkey v Slovakia Wed 29 Feb 18:30
South Africa v Senegal Wed 29 Feb 18:35
Denmark v Russia Wed 29 Feb 18:45
Morocco v Burkina Faso Wed 29 Feb 19:00
Austria v Finland Wed 29 Feb 19:30
Croatia v Sweden Wed 29 Feb 19:30
Italy v USA Wed 29 Feb 19:30
Romania v Uruguay Wed 29 Feb 19:30
Switzerland v Argentina Wed 29 Feb 19:30
Germany v France Wed 29 Feb 19:45
N Ireland v Norway Wed 29 Feb 19:45
Poland v Portugal Wed 29 Feb 19:45
Rep of Ireland v Czech Republic Wed 29 Feb 19:45
Slovenia v Scotland Wed 29 Feb 19:45
Wales v Costa Rica Wed 29 Feb 19:45
England v Netherlands Wed 29 Feb 20:00
Spain v Venezuela Wed 29 Feb 20:30
Paraguay v Panama Wed 29 Feb 23:30
Chile v Ghana Wed 29 Feb 01:00
El Salvador v Estonia Wed 29 Feb 01:00
Georgia v Albania Wed 29 Feb 01:00

Bolivia v Cuba Thu 1 Mar 00:00
Chile v Ghana Thu 1 Mar 00:00
Ecuador v Honduras Thu 1 Mar 00:00
Mexico v Colombia Thu 1 Mar 02:00
El Salvador v Estonia Thu 1 Mar 03:30

Germany v France :popcorn:

Also would be good to see how SirChesney does v the best player in the world

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Bent injured.

Out for 3 months, probably the remainder of the season.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Heskey to get a run in the Villa first team?

Also Bent out of Euro 2012?

With Rooney out of the first 2 games, Bent was sure to play.

Who now? Heskey back? Crouch?

Fuck me England are screwed

Coney
27-02-2012, 07:49 PM

:yawn: :tumbleweed:

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 07:49 PM

Villa to be relegated then cause i can't see themscoring another goal this season.

on england well defoe probs will get a call up.

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Crouch and Sturridge up front.

England. :lol:

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I actually look forward to International breaks these days.

With Arsenal being so shite, it gives us a break from watching them and we can watch the awesome Dutch

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 07:53 PM

:yawn: :tumbleweed:

More like England Reseves with all those players dropping out.

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I fear RVP will be GHEL'd and our season will be over as a result.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I fear RVP will be GHEL'd and our season will be over as a result.Some would say it already is

Master Splinter
27-02-2012, 08:12 PM
England's bravest and noblest warrior since JT, Lord Scott Parker, already succeeded in killing Vermaelen. He'll try it on RVP as well, in between bouts of running around passionately and headlessly in circles.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Parker has been awesome this season tbh

THank god he was shite v us yesterday though.

Need him back to his best for England asap

Master Splinter
27-02-2012, 08:23 PM
England need footballers, not admittedly committed water-carriers.

Wilshere should be the future, not players like Parker or Barry.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Wilshere and Parker would be great.

Should have had it for club but for Wenger. Lets hope we have it for country

Although Gerrard should get the nod in the middle.

Can Wilshere play on the left?

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Parker :lol:

Syn
27-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Scott Parker really surprised me with his performance on Sunday. I didn't think he was great. I remember him netting a couple of hit and hope efforts in a game for Charlton a while ago. Standard stuff. A couple of people I've talked to have said that Parker doesn't really do anything but charge at 100mph to block a shot and barge people out the way. But I thought they were exaggerating. How wrong I was. I never thought he'd be as awesome as this. I haven't been this excited about a player since Kevin Davies. Could be a true icon if he stays in the limelight enough. An absolute hero, he is.

In England I don't think we focus as much on technical ability as the rest and so we'll always be lagging behind. Maybe the future of the England NT does depend a bit on Wilshere, Oxlade and any other youngsters that can actually play football but while more credit is given for the sportsmanship of Scotty for making sure the player he cripples is alright rather than the best player in the league turning a couple of defenders and combing in a 20 yarder, we're fucked. But we can have some laughs along the way. Phil Jones is another one who has great potential to be the next Parker. Hope he seizes his opportunity.

GP
27-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Parker :lol:

:gp:

Alwful player

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I do like the phrase "combing it in".

Syn's GHEL degree. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 08:54 PM
:gp:

Alwful player

Yep

Dennis Bendtner
27-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Welbz, Studger, JD, Crouchy.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Welbz, Studger, JD, Crouchy.Please tell me you made those up and they arent actually called that

Master Splinter
27-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Wilshere and Parker would be great.

Should have had it for club but for Wenger. Lets hope we have it for country

Although Gerrard should get the nod in the middle.

I know you're so ensconced in the ways of the WUM that you probably don't even know what your real, honest, genuine assessment of something is anymore, but surely you must realise that limited players like Parker won't get England anywhere. Yes, he can do a job when some scrapping and 'honesty' is needed on the pitch, but to even think of challenging Spain, Holland, Germany and Brazil, you need players with composure, the ability to spot basic passing opportunities and the ability to actually make an effective attacking contribution. Thirty-yard hit and hope screamers don't count. And Gerrard is not a central midfield player. He is beyond a liability there. He only performs well when he has a free role behind a good striker to rampage about the pitch. That's why even a fifty five year-old Scholes is a better option than the indisciplined cloggers or pseudo-strikers masquerading as midfielders that will continue to clutter up the England set-up.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Ah the WUM thing :sleep:

I forgot anyone who doesnt agree with you is a WUM

Boring and dull

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Kyle Walker out of the England squad

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Kyle Walker out of the England squad

England will only have a starting 11 at this rate lol.

Master Splinter
27-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Ah the WUM thing :sleep:

I forgot anyone who doesnt agree with you is a WUM

Boring and dull

Well, no. But always using this as a rebuttal when someone challenges your views is.

Anyway, take that grossly offensive bit when I call you a WUM out and respond to the rest of it.

Was what I said wrong? Or is it only fun to say the opposite of what evidence shows rather than actually be reasonable for a change and discuss something sensibly?

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-02-2012, 10:12 PM
In the hole or in the centre, it's miles better than just sticking him out wide. That is just criminal.

God I miss Alonso though.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 10:13 PM
What evidence shows? Really?

How do you expect me to reply to garbage like that?

Have you not seen Parker at all this season or even last season where he was brilliant in a struggling team? So much so that he was awarded with the best player in some award but of course lets ignore that cos evidence shows otherwise :lol: Parker has been excellent this season for Spuds. No denying that. I know its some sort of rule not to praise players or ex players of rival teams on here hence people laughably claim Ronaldo isnt the best in the world but this is about Parker. He can tackle, pass, has a great engine, never gives up and so on. Doesnt score many but hes a DM so hes not expected to. Hes like a Didier Deschamps who was vital for France or if you prefer, a Gilberto, Brazils most important player in 2002 when they won the World Cup. Scolari himself said that. Is Parker the best in the world? No. Never claimed he was. Can he come in and do a job? Yes he can and until there is someone better then Parker should have that spot. He is exactly what we needed in our powderpuff midfield this season and at the price he went for, Wenger had a shocker.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 10:14 PM
In the hole or in the centre, it's miles better than just sticking him out wide. That is just criminal.

God I miss Alonso though.

Alonso :bow:

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 10:25 PM
England will only have a starting 11 at this rate lol.

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jones Cole

Barry Parker

Gerrard

Walcott Wellbeck Young

Likely team?

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 10:30 PM
What evidence shows? Really?

How do you expect me to reply to garbage like that?

Have you not seen Parker at all this season or even last season where he was brilliant in a struggling team? So much so that he was awarded with the best player in some award but of course lets ignore that cos evidence shows otherwise :lol: Parker has been excellent this season for Spuds. No denying that. I know its some sort of rule not to praise players or ex players of rival teams on here hence people laughably claim Ronaldo isnt the best in the world but this is about Parker. He can tackle, pass, has a great engine, never gives up and so on. Doesnt score many but hes a DM so hes not expected to. Hes like a Didier Deschamps who was vital for France or if you prefer, a Gilberto, Brazils most important player in 2002 when they won the World Cup. Scolari himself said that. Is Parker the best in the world? No. Never claimed he was. Can he come in and do a job? Yes he can and until there is someone better then Parker should have that spot. He is exactly what we needed in our powderpuff midfield this season and at the price he went for, Wenger had a shocker.

I agree. The problem is that England don't have any decent ball players. The idea of a player like Parker is that you sit him between the back 4 and midfield, whilst the players with technical ability do their thing, he'll protect them and he has done that well for Sperz this season. While "Scotty" is obviously not a fashionable player, there is always a role for an effective defence minded player.

With England, all the players are all cut from the same cloth. Not once ounce of intelligence in there which means any role Parker might play is just redundant.

Syn
27-02-2012, 10:32 PM
You can say a player has a never-say-die attitude, passion, grit, determination, courage, tenacity, heart...but it means he only has one quality. Lets be fair – he can’t tackle, the same way Scholes can’t. And Koscielny has a better passing range than Parker. I’d like to say I was joking (or maybe I would like to say I’m not joking) but I’m really not.

It’s handy to have a player like Scotty Parker in the squad though IMO. Makes you tough to beat if you have a player like Scotty Parker who can sprint around for 95 minutes, foul people and get away with it. If Ramsey continues to remain broken, he can always carve out a career as a Scotty Parker, because he, too, has the engine for it. And all you really need to be Scott Parker is the ability to sprint for 95 minutes, hold a British passport and know a shit barber.

Tbh, I wanted him at Arsenal last summer and now I want him at Arsenal even more. I wanted him in the summer because I wanted talentless twats who’ll go around kicking people. I have wanted that for some time. But I admit that I vastly underestimated the comedy value his ridiculous self could bring to the club. Humour is an underrated part of football.

Master Splinter
27-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I've said Parker can do a job. But if you want to improve as a team, do you want guys who can just do 'a job'? If England continue to play players like Parker and Barry, the cycle of looking like amateurs in knock-out ties will also continue. And Gilberto was infinitely better than Parker. He has excellent technical ability for a start. He wasn't just chargng round the pitch either.

Bale and Giggs won the POTY awards? Does that mean they were brilliant in those years? No, because Giggs started about four games and Bale is actually playing better this year and his sole qualifier was apparently scoring three goals in a 4-3 defeat. And that's before you bring up the writers' awards probably being worse, considering they're voted for by a large amount of London-based 'journalists' and West Ham fans.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I agree. The problem is that England don't have any decent ball players. The idea of a player like Parker is that you sit him between the back 4 and midfield, whilst the players with technical ability do their thing, he'll protect them and he has done that well for Sperz this season. While "Scotty" is obviously not a fashionable player, there is always a role for an effective defence minded player.

With England, all the players that are all cut from the same cloth. Not once ounce of intelligence in there which means any role Parker might play is just redundant.Exactly. A DM shouldnt be the best player in your team. If he is then you have problems. Look at West Ham last season for example. He gets the ball and he passes it to better players to do their stuff. All DMs do that and the best do it brilliantly. Gilberto was the best in the world in doing that but he didnt have Parkers energy so his game was more on intercepting the pass and reading the game. Parker is more GHELish in his way. Runs around, gets in your face type of player. Add the passing ability he has and the tackling and hes a damn fine player. We could do with either type of player this season. Shame hes not younger for Englands sake but delighted hes old as he plays for Spuds.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-02-2012, 10:43 PM
When you're a good defensive midfielder, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I have no idea if that's true, I just wanted to get involved.

Syn
27-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Play Carl Jenkinson at CM, and Arsenal shall be the proud owners of a Scott Parker.

And if he gets injured, raid a division 2 team's training session and purchase the one they call 'Trevinho'.

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I have no idea if that's true, I just wanted to get involved.

Quite close to the truth blud.

GP
27-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Play Carl Jenkinson at CM, and Arsenal shall be the proud owners of a Scott Parker.

And if he gets injured, raid a division 2 team's training session and purchase the one they call 'Trevinho'.

We've already got a Frimpong.

Same thing really.

Except black.

Master Splinter
27-02-2012, 10:56 PM
What Me posted is largely true.

Invisible Walls are good.

Parker is more Tasmanian Devil or the Pokemon Golem.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Exactly. A DM shouldnt be the best player in your team. If he is then you have problems. Look at West Ham last season for example. He gets the ball and he passes it to better players to do their stuff. All DMs do that and the best do it brilliantly. Gilberto was the best in the world in doing that but he didnt have Parkers energy so his game was more on intercepting the pass and reading the game. Parker is more GHELish in his way. Runs around, gets in your face type of player. Add the passing ability he has and the tackling and hes a damn fine player. We could do with either type of player this season. Shame hes not younger for Englands sake but delighted hes old as he plays for Spuds.

Your right but there are better players who play in the parker role we could ahve got, thats where Wenger failed. Parker don't fit into the way we play tbh, gives the ball alway too many times.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Your right but there are better players who play in the parker role we could ahve got, thats where Wenger failed.Like who? And at the price Parker went for?

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Yann M'Vila would have cost 15 -20 mill max but would be worth it in the long term. parker for me was a gamble and spuds have been lucky he has stayed fit tbh. Id also say had Westham not been relegated puds wouldhave paid some silly over the top price for him.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Some Pub Teamer no ones heard of? :lol:

And for that price?

Wenger would never have gone for him

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Some Pub Teamer no ones heard of? :lol:

And for that price?

Wenger would never have gone for him

A pub teamer who has 17 caps for france oppose to a pubtemer who has only played 10 times for England he can't be too bad then.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Parker. :lol:

It's a sad indictment of football in this country that he is so revered. Players of his type are ten a penny.

In the same way Spain can't help themselves but produce 'technical midgets', so it is true we'll continue to produce blunderbusses like Brave Scotty Parker.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Well you know us Brits, we love a hard working ghel nothing beats one of those feck those foreign pansies with their flair who'd want that.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Parker. :lol:

It's a sad indictment of football in this country that he is so revered. Players of his type are ten a penny.

In the same way Spain can't help themselves but produce 'technical midgets', so it is true we'll continue to produce blunderbusses like Brave Scotty Parker.
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ldp2/nov2010/5/2/spearing-300-206632587.jpg

Though, tbf, I do hope he plays against you on Saturday.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 11:44 PM
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ldp2/nov2010/5/2/spearing-300-206632587.jpg

Though, tbf, I do hope he plays against you on Saturday.So do we

Olivier's xmas twist
27-02-2012, 11:52 PM
So do we

We really do lol.

Syn
27-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Disgusting the way Spearing is treated on here.

I've been impressed by Jayinho. Wilshere-lite. He has ability, for sure. But he can't make it at Liverpool while he's playing alongside Gerrard, Lucas and Adam. Needs to play in a tippy-tappy team. He'll make it.

But I hope he plays against Arsenal too. The more footballers on the pitch, the better.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Disgusting the way Spearing is treated on here.

I've been impressed by Jayinho. Wilshere-lite. He has ability, for sure. But he can't make it at Liverpool while he's playing alongside Gerrard, Lucas and Adam. Needs to play in a tippy-tappy team. He'll make it.

But I hope he plays against Arsenal too. The more footballers on the pitch, the better.
:lol:

Yeah thanks for that.

Of course he has absolutely no ability as a footballer, I'm not that deluded, but he's an annoying little rat of a player who will annoy (and terrify) your midfield far more than Adam or Horrendouson. That and we need to pack the middle of the park with at least one player who can remember to defend.

The idea of your attackers running at Carragher is bad enough, the idea of a 50 yard gap in front of him is even worse.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 12:08 AM
We'd even welcome a few Adam pens tbh.

Syn
28-02-2012, 12:12 AM

Yeah thanks for that.

Of course he has absolutely no ability as a footballer, I'm not that deluded, but he's an annoying little rat of a player who will annoy (and terrify) your midfield far more than Adam or Horrendouson.

:blink:

I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely think he's a good prospect. Haven't seen Liverpool play many games but the couple of recent ones I have seen with Spearing in, he has shown he has ability - is able to play some intelligent passes and carry the ball quickly. Seems to have a decent shot on him too.

He made a mistake in the Man Utd game which cost them - and it's things like that which stick in people's minds and the player is written off. Koscielny was never a bad defender but he made a few errors in high profile games which stuck in people's minds. Wilshere's mistake against Liverpool denied us a win at Anfield at the start of last season. Eventually though, if they're mentally up for it, they'll make it. We need to see more of Spearing but he looks good (at football) from what I've seen.

Xhaka Can’t
28-02-2012, 08:14 AM
You can say a player has a never-say-die attitude, passion, grit, determination, courage, tenacity, heart...but it means he only has one quality. Lets be fair – he can’t tackle, the same way Scholes can’t. And Koscielny has a better passing range than Parker. I’d like to say I was joking (or maybe I would like to say I’m not joking) but I’m really not.

It’s handy to have a player like Scotty Parker in the squad though IMO. Makes you tough to beat if you have a player like Scotty Parker who can sprint around for 95 minutes, foul people and get away with it. If Ramsey continues to remain broken, he can always carve out a career as a Scotty Parker, because he, too, has the engine for it. And all you really need to be Scott Parker is the ability to sprint for 95 minutes, hold a British passport and know a shit barber.

Tbh, I wanted him at Arsenal last summer and now I want him at Arsenal even more. I wanted him in the summer because I wanted talentless twats who’ll go around kicking people. I have wanted that for some time. But I admit that I vastly underestimated the comedy value his ridiculous self could bring to the club. Humour is an underrated part of football.

You must really want him.##

Flavs
28-02-2012, 08:28 AM
anyone give a fuck about international footie anymore?

Marc Overmars
28-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Don't think anyone has for a long time, but I'd still like to see England do well for a change.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 10:46 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17189183

But of course the evidence suggests hes shit :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 10:54 AM

Thas nout to do with the prem though, thats to do with england and if he is englands player of the year it does not say much about the england team.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Thas nout to do with the prem though, thats to do with england and if he is englands player of the year it does not say much about the england team.Its the international thread....

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Its the international thread....

Still, if he is voted Englands best player it says alot about the england team.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-02-2012, 11:39 AM
:blink:

I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely think he's a good prospect. Haven't seen Liverpool play many games but the couple of recent ones I have seen with Spearing in, he has shown he has ability - is able to play some intelligent passes and carry the ball quickly. Seems to have a decent shot on him too.

He made a mistake in the Man Utd game which cost them - and it's things like that which stick in people's minds and the player is written off. Koscielny was never a bad defender but he made a few errors in high profile games which stuck in people's minds. Wilshere's mistake against Liverpool denied us a win at Anfield at the start of last season. Eventually though, if they're mentally up for it, they'll make it. We need to see more of Spearing but he looks good (at football) from what I've seen.
Now you see I genuinely can't tell with you. :lol:

Coney
28-02-2012, 12:55 PM
anyone give a fuck about international footie anymore?

Not like I used to. The Arsenal is the main focus for me and always will be. However, if the England team could get their shit together for tournament finals and make an effort, I could be convinced to care again.

The years since we were last in a semi-final under Venables have looked like a bunch of players who just did not care and after a few years of that kind of crap, I couldn't be arsed to watch them a lot of the time. And friendlies - that really is a waste of time. No-one on either side ever seems to give a shit about the result so I usually watch some paint dry for a bit of excitement when the matches are on.

Flavs
28-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I dont think its a lack of success, or even near success in Englands case. I think the loss of interest in international footie is down to 2 main reasons.

1) The emergence and over bearing presence of the premiership and sky

2) The lack of heroes within the team/set up.

Would I even if i followed England shout and support a team full of all those wankers I throw abuse at every weekend? Could I genuinely live with myself if I ever wanted the likes of Terry, Rooney, Cole and Gerrard to do well?

I was at Peterborough not long back when England were playing a qualifier against some back water pub team country and there was a big meeting of England fans there before getting the train down to Wembley and I would say at least 90% were lower league fans. I think he competition bred in the EPL by sky hasnt helped either.

Flavs
28-02-2012, 01:27 PM
and it seems UEFA agree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17191931

Although i am sure Platini will ruin that for everyone

Marc Overmars
28-02-2012, 01:36 PM
About time. There's absolutley no need for friendlies this week.

After the season ends, there is still 2-3 weeks before the Euros, so that is the window to play them.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 02:25 PM
and it seems UEFA agree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17191931

Although i am sure Platini will ruin that for everyone

Alwsome news tbh, no one cares about them this time of the year.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Johnson is out of the squad now :lol:

Lescott called in

Coney
28-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I dont think its a lack of success, or even near success in Englands case. I think the loss of interest in international footie is down to 2 main reasons.

1) The emergence and over bearing presence of the premiership and sky

2) The lack of heroes within the team/set up.

Would I even if i followed England shout and support a team full of all those wankers I throw abuse at every weekend? Could I genuinely live with myself if I ever wanted the likes of Terry, Rooney, Cole and Gerrard to do well?

I was at Peterborough not long back when England were playing a qualifier against some back water pub team country and there was a big meeting of England fans there before getting the train down to Wembley and I would say at least 90% were lower league fans. I think he competition bred in the EPL by sky hasnt helped either.

That is a bit of a mental problem. Switching from wanting Rooney to die to wanting him to score a hatful for England, and cheering if he does is a bit schizo. Still, it is something we have to manage at transfer windows when a player joins from another club. Even the players must have a bit of an issue where an opponent is suddenly a teammate for a few weeks.

I did see something about the manu players in the England team that might account for some of the underacheivement in recent years - the manu players would stick together all the time and not really mix with the others. That can't have helped any manager's attempts to build a team mentality.

I guess that the lower league fans are more interested as this is the best chance for a team representing them* to hit a high point, something we take a bit for granted at the top end of the PL.

* Yeah, I know. England winning something being their best chance. Poor bastards.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Johnson is out of the squad now :lol:

Lescott called in
We're finally learning! :trophy:

It's took us enough time.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Brazil won 2-1 v Bosnia

Needed a last minute OG for the winner

McNamara That Ghost...
28-02-2012, 11:19 PM

Ahead of stellar midfield competition like Barry? :faint: People love a tryer.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 08:10 AM
RVP is injured. Fuck.

He has a groin injury and is very doubtful for the game tonight.

Hopefully WUMger is at work here and he is fit for Saturday.

Xhaka Can’t
29-02-2012, 08:16 AM
What a stupid time for International Friendlies. :lol:

And by 'stupid time' I mean any time during the League calendar.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 11:38 AM
The BBC understand Spearing Parker will be captain for tonight's friendly. :lol:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Parker :bow:

Englands captain, Englands best player for 2011, won an award last season but the evidence suggests hes shit :lol:

GP
29-02-2012, 11:49 AM
The BBC understand Spearing Parker will be captain for tonight's friendly. :lol:

Shit captain of a shit team.

Flavs
29-02-2012, 11:50 AM
England :pal:

Syn
29-02-2012, 12:00 PM

:haha:

That’s awesome. I might actually try to catch the pre-match coverage now as a scotty wankfest will surely occur. The limited will be lapping it up as they can only identify with fellow inferiors.

Will De Jong be playing? Hope he plants one on Scotty’s kneecap. And then starts kicking his face in. Natural selection. Survival of the shittest.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 12:11 PM
He'll rally the troops, like he did at West Ham. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 12:16 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/dfb5h.jpg

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Is Scotty the permanent choice? Very surprised Stevie Me wasn't given it.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Gerrard will hopefully be retiring from international football after Euro 2012. :pray:

Syn
29-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Gary Speed's memorial match tonight - Wales vs Costa Rica.

A lot of fuss about Craig Bellamy's international future. Ramsey (who retains the Welsh captaincy) and Coleman have both publicly said that they want Bellamy to continue. And rightly so. Bellamy and Bale is a solid attacking threat. Also Ramsey appears to be a different player when he plays for Wales. A much, much better player.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Come on Joel Campbell. :popcorn:

GP
29-02-2012, 12:44 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Am0g7DiCEAAv_4m.jpg

Syn
29-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Flavs
29-02-2012, 01:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8792469.stm

Lets hope we see another ten tonight

Flavs
29-02-2012, 01:07 PM
He'll rally the troops, like he did at West Ham. :bow:

When he stopped tackling?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 01:08 PM
When he stopped tackling?

No, when he took them down.

Flavs
29-02-2012, 01:11 PM
No, when he took them down.

*highfives

Olivier's xmas twist
29-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Parker :bow:

Englands captain, Englands best player for 2011, won an award last season but the evidence suggests hes shit :lol:

Pearce showing how much of a pub team manger he is tbh.

Parker :pal:

England :pal:

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 05:31 PM
It was obvious Pearce-ey was going to pick Lord Parker as captain.

It really is a great metaphor for how alwful Ingerlund are.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 05:38 PM
England team confirmed

Hart

Richards Cahill Smalling Baines

Gerrard Scotty Barry

Young Welbeck Johnson

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Parker and Barry? :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't get it.

After the World Cup there was a clamour for England to match other teams technically and focus on technique and passing etc, ie: everything most English players don't/can't do. Now all of a sudden there is an urge for England to go back to "how English players should play; with heart, passion and desire".

It's matching the cycle of the foreign vs English manager debate for tedium....

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Arsenal and England midfielder Jack Wilshere on Twitter: "Scotty Parker great choice for me...top leader, top man and been the best English midfielder all season! Deserves it! Good luck mate!"Sir Jack speaking sense for once

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't get it.

After the World Cup there was a clamour for England to match other teams technically and focus on technique and passing etc, ie: everything most English players don't/can't do. Now all of a sudden there is an urge for England to go back to "how English players should play; with heart, passion and desire".

It's matching the cycle of the foreign vs English manager debate for tedium....

It's because all thoughts change to "trying to win the tournament" and for that, it apparently means keeping faith with the same old, same old.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 06:55 PM
P. Funk scored for the German under 21s.

P. Funk :bow:.

England under 21s beating Belgium 2-0. Lansbo and Caulker with the goals.

Syn
29-02-2012, 07:29 PM
England: Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Leighton Baines, Gareth Barry, Chris Smalling, Gary Cahill, Ashley Young, Scott Parker, Danny Welbeck, Steven Gerrard, Adam Johnson.

Holland: Stekelenburg, Boulahrouz, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Pieters, Van Bommel, Sneijder, De Jong, Kuyt, Van Persie, Robben

Kuyt? :haha:

Come on football. And come on no rough challenges.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Glad RVP is playing, weirdly, if only it eases my mind from thinking he isn't fit until Saturday.

Slovenia: Samir Handanovic, Brecko, Suler, Cesar, Jokic, Radosavljevic, Krhin, Kirm, Birsa, Ilicic, Dedic.
Subs: Jasmin Handanovic, Kelhar, Pecnik, Volas, Ljubijankic, Vuckic, Vrsic, Matic, Mavric, Belec.

Scotland: McGregor, Martin, Berra, Caldwell, Mulgrew, McArthur, Adam, Morrison, Forrest, Mackie, Mackail-Smith.
Subs: Gilks, Dorrans, Bannan, Robson, Cowie, Goodwillie, Miller.

Referee: Aleksandar Stavrev (FYR Macedonia)

Van Bommel and De Jong vs Parker and Barry. :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 07:31 PM
The fuckers are starting RVP after he missed training. :rose:

Syn
29-02-2012, 07:33 PM
The fuckers are starting RVP after he missed training.

I'd prefer it if he only got a half or summin but as Arseblog said, this current Dutch coach has always been quite good to RVP and Arsenal. He's not like Domenech was for our French players. So it's probably the case that Van Persie is completely fine. For now.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 07:34 PM
OMG Parker was in an advert?!

I'm surprised they haven't shown that before.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Wales: Price, Gunter, Blake, Williams, Matthews, Robson-Kanu, Allen, Crofts, Vaughan, Bellamy, Morison.
Subs: Brown, Vokes, Taylor, Ricketts, Gabbidon, Ledley, Earnshaw, Collison.

Costa Rica: Navas, Umana, Salvatierra, Miller, Cunningham, Barrantes, Azofeifa, Wallace, Oviedo, Ruiz, Campbell.
Subs: Cambronero, Mora, Brenes, Diaz, Tejeda, Gabas, Cubero, McDonald.

Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Joel Campbell starting along with Bryan Ruiz. :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
29-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I'd prefer it if he only got a half or summin but as Arseblog said, this current Dutch coach has always been quite good to RVP and Arsenal. He's not like Domenech was for our French players. So it's probably the case that Van Persie is completely fine. For now.

Hopefully the GHELing commences when he is off the pitch.

Syn
29-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Hopefully the GHELing commences when he is off the pitch.

De Jong on Young :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:42 PM
"For me you now have to talk about him as one of the best English midfielders in this Premier League era"

Stuart Pearce on Scott Parker

And he's so brave too!

GP
29-02-2012, 07:43 PM
And he's so brave too!

:haha: FFS

And that's why England will always fail.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Land of my Fathers. :bow:

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Joel Campbell starting along with Bryan Ruiz. :popcorn:

Time for Campbell to tap him up?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Time for Campbell to tap him up?

It gets my approval.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Northern Ireland: Camp, McAuley, Hughes, Jonathan Evans, McGivern, Corry Evans, Clingan, Davis, Ferguson, Shiels, Paterson.
Subs: Mannus, Hodson, McGinn, Healy, McCann, Duff, McQuoid, McCourt, Carson, McGovern.

Norway: Jarstein, Hogli, Rogne, Demidov, Riise, Henriksen, Nordtveit, Grindheim, Pedersen, Abdellaoui, Huseklepp.
Subs: Pettersen, Reginiussen, Elyounoussi, Ruud, Jenssen, Braaten, Berisha.

-------------------------------------
Rep of Ireland: Given, O'Shea, O'Dea, St. Ledger, Ward, Duff, Andrews, Whelan, McGeady, Keane, Long.
Subs: Forde, Hunt, Foley, Duffy, Walters, Coleman, McCarthy, Cox, Green, McClean, Henderson.

Czech Republic: Cech, Gebre Selassie, Limbersky, Sivok, Kadlec, Petrzela, Rezek, Stajner, Plasil, Baros, Jiracek.
Subs: Drobny, Rajnoch, Pekhart, Pudil, Rajtoral, Pilar, Hubschman, Kolar, Lafata.

Referee: Manuel de Sousa (Portugal)

:unsure:

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Angela scored again to put England U21s 3-0 up against Belgium. Lansbo and Chambo :bow:.

Oh, and Arshavin scored for Russia. :rolleyes: They lead Denmark 0-2 at half time.

Dennis Bendtner :haha:.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:52 PM
England u21 4-0 Belgium u21, OXOCUBE!!

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Our GHELs are awlsome :bow: :bow:.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Messi scores for Argentina against Switzerland.

Federer :haha:.

Blatter :haha:.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Messi. :lol:

Bottling it internationally again.

Djourou is on the bench for Switzerland. :(

GP
29-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Messi scores for Agentina against Switzerland.

Federer :haha:.

Blatter :haha:.

Toblerone :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Brings a tear to the eye...

Gerrard looks completely pissed off though :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I am crying at the lads bellowing the anthems.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Joel Campbell!!!!!!!!!!!

0-1 Costa Rica.

Wales without Rambo :rose:.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Bring him back, Arsene.

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Like the Dutch kit. Very nice.

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Joel Campbell!!!!!!!!!!!

0-1 Costa Rica.

Wales without Rambo :rose:.

Our lads are killing it tonight. Even Arshavin (technically ours) has scored.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Bryan Ruiz assist :bow:.

Our front two next season :bow:.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Our lads are killing it tonight. Even Arshavin (technically ours) has scored.

Only Oxo is here though :lol:.

WUMger at his very best :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Robben tried an own goal. :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Townsendbot in motion. He wants to see a fast winger 'get at' a defender he's never heard of.

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Sneijder :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Greece 1-1 Belgium, Chadli. Vermaelen is playing.

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Well left by Hart.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:11 PM
The Cannibal. :lol: Terrible pass, nowhere near Kuijt.

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Classic Scotty :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Robben shoots, well saved by Hart.

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 08:14 PM
That was a true Parker moment. 'Setting an example'.

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Bloody hell, the England defence are bricking it. They're backing off far too much.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Tiki-taka in defence from England followed by the big hoof upfield. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:19 PM
RVP. :cloud9:

Parker threw himself at one, he's a martyr.

Cripps_orig
Brilliant from Parker

Dennis Bendtner
Parker. :cloud9:

Syn
The human shield shows his talent again.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Robben. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:21 PM
"Top, top players. Technicians". Try footballers, Townsend.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Slovenia 1-0 Scotland, Kirm. :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/the-arsenal-youngster-scores-joel-campbell-costa-rica-v-wales/

Decent enough. Costa Rrrrrrricaaaaa.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Chaos in Netherlands' area. :haha:

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Ashley Young's instincts are always to dive :haha:

He's such a prick. De Jong - plant one on his shin.

Can't believe the commentators are giving Ashley Young credit...he played for the foul.

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 08:31 PM
'Just a bit clumsy there from Smalling', as he rugby tackles Van Persie.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Stevie Me off injured, Sturridge on. :lol:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Germany 0-1 France

Giroud

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:37 PM
RVP skies one. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
29-02-2012, 08:38 PM
And he's so brave too!

Stuart Pearce has got to get the England nod full time! :lol:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Berra equalises for Scotland

1-1

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:40 PM
De Jong Parkered Parker. Too physical says Townsend. :lol:

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Yes, De Jong.

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Townsend blaming De Jong for Kuyt flattening Parker :unsure:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Croatia 1-2 Sweden

Ibra and Larsson with the goals

Croat goal was an OG

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Kuyt would fit better in the England team. He just doesn't have what it takes to help the Netherlands tick.

Marc Overmars
Best player on the pitch, Scotty. Throwing himself infront of those shots, tracking back with sliding tackles. Scotty setting an example here, a lion hearted effort from our Scotty.

McNamara That Ghost...
0-0 HT. Lovely game of shitball.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Parker best player on the pitch again

Wenger :doh:

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:47 PM
FFS Wenger.

Take Van Persie off, and put Walcott on.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Romania 1-1 Uruguay FT

Cavani scored for the gays. Suarez played the whole match

Russia win 2-0 in Denmark

Arshavin is recovering from Wengeritis and scored

Joker
29-02-2012, 08:49 PM
What a shite game. Neither team has any creativity whatsoever.

Syn
29-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Lets see how the experts in the studio polish this turd.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Think England have done ok

Young team v a team in the world cup final, 9 of whom who played

Need Theo on and we'll score

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Swiss 1-1 Argentina

SHAQIRIIIIIIIIIII

Best player to score in that game

Joker
29-02-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't think the Netherlands have much chance of winning the Euros tbh, unless there are many players who would normally play but are missing due to injury. The players on display seem average, except Robben and van Persie.

Flavs
29-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Joel Campbell :bow:

Harvard Nordviet :bow:

Arshavin :bow:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Gerrard has a tight hamstring

Hope hes out for the weekend

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Bellamy should've equalised for Wales.

Master Splinter
Nordtveit and Giroud scoring.

Arsenal past and future.

Ashley Young getting credit for not falling over when the defender was about two miles away from him.

English honesty :bow:.

Taaaaaansend has to be the biggest slimeball in football.

Syn
I don't think the Netherlands have much chance of winning the Euros tbh, unless there are many players who would normally play but are missing due to injury. The players on display seem average, except Robben and van Persie.

Spain, Germany and Netherlands are the clear top 3 teams, but there is also a clear ordering; Spain then Germany then Netherlands. The Netherlands are probably missing one more Robben/attack-mid. You can't play Kuyt and expect to get away with it.

What I like about the Dutch is that they have a nasty streak. Even Van Persie will leave a foot in if things aren't going well. And that sits well with my demented self.

Spain will play 4-6-0 and crush everyone. Probably.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Barry hauled off, Milner on.

RVP off, Huntelaar on.

Syn
29-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Cheers, Bert. Good man.

Now Arsenal fans can continue watching without cringing. Well, at least, they could if they stick it on mute.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Dempsey scores v Italy.

Dempsey :bow: :bow:.

What a Must Get.

Cripps_orig
Sweden lead 3-1

Larsson again

Italy 0-1 USA

Dempsey

McNamara That Ghost...
Micah Richards booked.

Flavs
29-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Gary Megson has been sacked as Wednesday manager :doh:

2nd in the league and have just beat Sheff UTD in the steel derby

Mandaric :wanker:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Czechs leading in Ireland

Baros :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Stekelenburg saves from Sturridge.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 09:05 PM
All our ex-players and loanees scoring today.

WUMger :bow:.

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 09:06 PM

Mandaric :wanker:

Seems like the new trend.

Fergie sacked in the morning?

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:07 PM

Mandaric :wanker:Wrong thread?

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Just seen Spains starting 11

Lots of ****s

Flavs
29-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Seems like the new trend.

Fergie sacked in the morning?

:pray:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Huntelaar just wide

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Huntelaar strike, not far wide.

Syn
29-02-2012, 09:11 PM
This is shit. Nobody wants to take a risk in a 50/50 tackle. You'd see more intensity in a training session.

Just another example of why these friendlies during the club season are pointless. What can international managers learn from these games?

Nobody wants to take a chance and rightly so. All the money they earn is gained from their club team and they don't want to upset their club managers.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Spain 1-0 Venezuela

****iesta

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Time to bring Theo on tbf.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:13 PM
0-1 Holland

Brilliant from Robben

McNamara That Ghost...
England 0-1 Netherlands, Robben! Brilliant goal.

Syn
That was pathetic defending from England. They all went one way.

And it all happened because Parker miscontrolled the ball. :haha:

Well done, skipper.

McNamara That Ghost...
Brave Scotty Parker was nowhere to be seen. :rose:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:14 PM
The run from Huntelaar was first class as well

Flavs
Bale has got injured for Wales :pal:

Cripps_orig
0-2

Huntelaar

RVP :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
0-2. Huntelaar. And he has a mouthful of grass for his trouble.

England. :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Why can Kuyt not cross like that for us?

Huntelaar looks like he may be done for the night...

Syn
29-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Always been a fan of Kuyt.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Lots of crimson there

Shit, looks bad

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Smalling looks to have got the worst of it despite Huntelaar turning in to a cow.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Spain 2-0

Silva

LDG
29-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Nomnomnom grass nomnom

LDG
29-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Bale has got injured for Wales :pal:

Which monkey part got injured?

Coney
29-02-2012, 09:18 PM
RvP finished uninjured and only did half a match. That was the only thing I was concerned about this evening. If England get hammered, I'm less bothered.

Flavs
29-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Stuart Pearce :pal:

What a ****

LDG
God I hate ITV commentary.

Flavs
Which monkey part got injured?

His Hamstring

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Downing. :haha:

Master Splinter
England :haha:.

Pearce-ey :haha:.

RVP :haha:.

Should never play for Holland again tbf.

Cripps_orig
Downing shoots wide

LDG
29-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Stick Theo on for Wellbeck.

Dennis Bendtner
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17143010

Thanks for the offer :tiphat:

Coney
God I hate ITV commentary.

:gp: It's a bag of shit, isn't it?

LDG
His Hamstring

That's a shame.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:24 PM
England. :haha:

All the bluster in the play has gone now.

Cripps_orig
Young :haha:

Didnt even realise he was playing

Alwful player

Flavs
according to the beeb Adam Johnson has been substituted by...Adam Johnson

England cloning experiments :bow:

Master Splinter
Messi makes it 2-1 v Switzerland.

Djourou :haha:.

Hingis :haha:.

Malouda makes it 2-0 v Germany.

Germany without Mertesacker :haha:.

Syn
29-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Townsy is desperately trying to put this down to the inexperienced and youthful team. Plenty of these players will be playing in the Euros. "That's what happens at this level. In International football. It'll be a good learning curve for them". They're not that inexperienced.

McNamara That Ghost...
Robben is annhilating them.

Messi. :bow:

Flavs
France :bow:

Seb Larrson :bow:

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Messi hat-trick.

Wawrinka :haha:.

Big Phil :haha:.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley on Twitter: "Well done to the youth team! Hope Smalling is ok there after that nasty challenge."

What nasty challenge?

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Greece 1-1 Belgium FT

Vermaelen played the whole game

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 09:29 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibJVhZp3Gs5o4.gif

LDG
Oh my fuck. This is shit.

Scotty dominating though. Good lad is Scotty.

England captain. LolllerKopterzzzz

McNamara That Ghost...
Sturridge. :lol:

His finishing isn't very good.

Dennis Bendtner
Sturridge :lol:

Cripps_orig
Sturridge :haha:

Syn

Shaqiri Is Boss
What do you mean Sturridge had to improvise?

LDG
29-02-2012, 09:30 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibJVhZp3Gs5o4.gif

Ommmnomnomnomnom. Just need some bacon with that.

Bacon :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 09:31 PM
How have they twisted that into Sturridge being unlucky. There's biased and there's...