Bendtner ... Fuck off

What about the Muppet who keeps playing him

IBK
29-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Is the Ozil lift coming to an end?

Penguin
29-10-2013, 09:42 PM
He has hardly played him this season.

And hopefully never again on that showing.

LDG
29-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Poor from us. Too predictable.

Caught for the millionth time be a chelsea team from our own corner, then sucker punched when we were taking the game to them.

It could have been five years ago.

Jenks was woefully out of his depth, I hate to say.

Bendtner was dire.

Chelsea are so much better with Mata in the side. I really hope Mourinho keeps not playing him in the league.

RomfordPele
29-10-2013, 09:44 PM
What about the Muppet who keeps playing him

:gp:

Yup, wenger's transfer policy leaves us dangling over a precipice once again. One injury to giroud and we are royally fucked.

More worryingly, the whole team seems to be losing form by the week - all at the worst possible time.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 09:46 PM

Possibly - but it was unrealistic to expect one guy to just turn it all around.

However, the impact Flamini had is really showing now he is absent.

I think we need to just stay in contention by the time the next window opens so that we can get something, anything up front because we are going to be toothless against well organised teams. Luckily for us, there aren't too many well organised teams in the League.

Syn
29-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Don't really care that much about the result. But our midfielders clocked up another leggy performance and that might well hurt us for the Liverpool game. Worst possible outcome to this.

milla
29-10-2013, 09:47 PM
-Ramsey and Jack should never play in the same midfield. Both of them make too many mistakes taking turns giving possession away.
-Need a new right back, Jenks is hopeless defender.
-Ryo is not ready to play against big teams.
-We desperately need an organizer in midfield, those lot have no idea how to protect CBs. Look at how well Chelsea did! I hope Flamini will be fit to play against Pool next Sat.

:coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Don't really care that much about the result. But our midfielders clocked up another leggy performance and that might well hurt us for the Liverpool game. Worst possible outcome to this.

Worst outcome would have been ET.

When we went 0-2, we should have just taken Ozil off there and then and left Giroud on the bench.

At least neither of them got injured.

LDG
29-10-2013, 09:48 PM

First 11 is very good, and we do need some players back to give a few lads a rest.

Podolski, Theo, AOC etc can't get back quick enough, as we need to start varying our game.

We haven't been able to change the way we play much just recently, for lack of options, meaning we're getting easier to play against.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 09:49 PM
That was evident today. Chelsea didn't break sweat.

JonasTC
29-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I think this was Bendtners last game for Arsenal, what an arrogant cunt. Hasnt changed his attitude at all.

I dont think we got outplayed in anyway, this game just showed how bad we need an extra DM and Striker.

Sucks we have so many injuries, would have liked to see us play with our proper back-ups that actually have a chance to get in the starting line-up, so this would be their chance to show Wenger.

IBK
29-10-2013, 09:51 PM
First 11 is very good, and we do need some players back to give a few lads a rest.

Podolski, Theo, AOC etc can't get back quick enough, as we need to start varying our game.

We haven't been able to change the way we play much just recently, for lack of options, meaning we're getting easier to play against.

For me, problem is that because of injuries we have been unable to build on the positive performances. Lack of options becoming obvious and its not surprising that there is a question mark over our winning credentials.

Master Splinter
29-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Chelsea played that game perfectly. Sucked the life out of it and took their chances.

Arsenal playing with little energy and Jenkinson, Wilshere and Bendner stinking the place up added up to a forgettable night.

This match was always going to be an unwelcome nuisance, especially with so many players out. Players that would have added so much in the final third over a weak Ryo and uninterested Bendnter. If everyone is unscathed going into the coming games though, this result isn't too big a deal.

Only 3 or 4 of today's starters will play on Saturday, so the performance against Liverpool is hopefully far removed from that.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 09:53 PM
For me, problem is that because of injuries we have been unable to build on the positive performances. Lack of options becoming obvious and its not surprising that there is a question mark over our winning credentials.

There have been question marks over better Arsenal sides than this.

Globalgunner
29-10-2013, 09:55 PM

Yup, wenger's transfer policy leaves us dangling over a precipice once again. One injury to giroud and we are royally fucked.

More worryingly, the whole team seems to be losing form by the week - all at the worst possible time.

Wenger is a gambler. He keeps gambling on getting 4th place each season. The only sure thing is his contract. How can anyone start a season with only 1 capable striker. Did he know Ramsey would go beast mode this season. No he just keeps getting lucky, but not lucky enough to win anything.

Özim
29-10-2013, 09:58 PM
We had a few injuries it's part of the course for us, fact is Chelsea played their B team not their 1st 11 and still won easily. I can't see us beating them with our 1st 11 we just don't have enough up front.

I was frankly pleasantly surprised at how many 1st teamers we players today, sadly we lost comfortably which makes me wish we'd played the kids now.

IBK
There have been question marks over better Arsenal sides than this.

Trying to understand what this means. For me, the real question is whether our team has really changed. First, we had worryingly few fresh options tonight, even against a Chelsea b team. Second, we can make excuses, but the reality is that Dortmund and Chelsea have done us at home quite easily, even when we have been more buoyant than we have for a while. We have been nearly there for years. Its starting to feel as though we are still treading water a bit.

McNamara That Ghost...
Bit weird to be out of this one so early. :lol:

Ah well, nevermind. So long as we don't lose to Liverpool.

Özim
29-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Ozil was a great signing no question, but it was a get out jail card for the manager and club after a horrendous summer. Our start to the season has been fairly easy to be honest and whilst we've played well and got some excellent results and performances we've not really been tested (other than the Spurs match against a disjointed Spurs team with too many new players).

We coming up to a tough run now and on top of everything else our early season form has dipped badly.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Trying to understand what this means. For me, the real question is whether our team has really changed. First, we had worryingly few fresh options tonight, even against a Chelsea b team. Second, we can make excuses, but the reality is that Dortmund and Chelsea have done us at home quite easily, even when we have been more buoyant than we have for a while. We have been nearly there for years. Its starting to feel as though we are still treading water a bit.
It means that we have a fair bit of work to do to build a team that does not have question marks over it. We have had better teams than this in the not too distant past that couldn't cut the mustard.

We are improving, but there is a way to go yet.

Munchies
I think the main problem in the game was Bendnter. We had decent enough build up play, but he wasn't making any runs what so ever, nothing at all. And when he had that great opportunity, of which most strikers would take a touch and shoot at the goal, he passed it back. :wacko: .

Another thing is that our play is really narrow, and hardly any width is there for their full backs to open up on. We're really missing having Theo in the team really, it got too congested in the middle, as their full backs played as centre backs during our attacks.

Hopefully this fires the team up for Liverpool.

Özim

A few wins convinced everyone it had all changed, maybe we should have put those results into context until we'd played some of the better teams, just to be sure we're the real deal and this isn't just a false dawn again.

IBK
29-10-2013, 10:03 PM
It means that we have a fair bit of work to do to build a team that does not have question marks over it. We have had better teams than this in the not too distant past that couldn't cut the mustard.

Yes - I agree with you.

LDG
29-10-2013, 10:05 PM

Agreed, though 50% of it, is the age old problem of injuries.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I think the main problem in the game was Bendnter. We had decent enough build up play, but he wasn't making any runs what so ever, nothing at all. And when he had that great opportunity, of which most strikers would take a touch and shoot at the goal, he passed it back. :wacko: .

Another thing is that our play is really narrow, and hardly any width is there for their full backs to open up on. We're really missing having Theo in the team really, it got too congested in the middle, as their full backs played as centre backs during our attacks.
This is where we failed miserably during the summer. That Bendtner is still running moping around in an Arsenal shirt is a damning indictment of our transfer policy. I cannot remember a time in my life where we have had such a toothless strike force.

We have had some poor sides in my time, but we always seemed to have great quality up front. Until now.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Has it taken this defeat to remember What a hopeless forward Bendtner is or how badly prepared we are in forward options with even Park taking to the field? At least Eto'o was useful at heading the ball away from his goal!

Bendtner being one of our options never even mind Park is a joke.

I was hoping for a bit of a miracle tonight, which didn't happen. We were really narrow at times and I worry we are shaping up for a typical month of November blues.

We are out of the easiest cup to win and I don't think we can win any of the other 3 competitions without improving this situation in January.

LDG
This is where we failed miserably during the summer. That Bendtner is still running moping around in an Arsenal shirt is a damning indictment of our transfer policy. I cannot remember a time in my life where we have had such a toothless strike force.

We have had some poor sides in my time, but we always seemed to have great quality up front. Until now.

I think that's harsh on Giroud, who has been excellent.

We do lack other options though.

Marc Overmars
Awful game, very little quality on display.

Jenkinson was slaughtered, doesn't seem like the fans have much faith in him right now.

Bendtner. :haha:
All we can do is pray Bif stays fit.

Disappointing performance considering we had quite a few big players on display. I hope confidence is not affected too much with the big games coming up. Games which I'm thinking we may balls up now.

LDG
29-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Awful game, very little quality on display.

Jenkinson was slaughtered, doesn't seem like the fans have much faith in him right now.

Bendtner. :haha:
All we can do is pray Bif stays fit.

Disappointing performance considering we had quite a few big players on display. I hope confidence is not affected too much with the big games coming up. Games which I'm thinking we may balls up now.

Flamini getting and staying fit is vital.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I think that's harsh on Giroud, who has been excellent.

We do lack other options though.

He is good at what he does.

Unfortunately, banging in ~25-30 is not what he brings to the table. Which is what we had for many a year.

I'm not criticising Giroud, but we need someone that can partner him that will take advantage of his hold up play.

GP
29-10-2013, 10:11 PM

Yep, exactly. If we'd started Giroud it's a different game altogether.

Fine lines.

Bumble
29-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Wenger still hasn't beaten mourinho. That was pretty poor. Never looked like scoring.

I was sceptical about flamini when we signed him but he gives us energy and tenacity and a better tempo. We need theo back to add variety and another goal scorer.

Liverpool next and a real test. Lose that and we could go into freefall and the arsenal crowd can get very moany very quickly.

GP
29-10-2013, 10:13 PM
He is good at what he does.

Unfortunately, banging in ~25-30 is not what he brings to the table. Which is what we had for many a year.

I'm not criticising Giroud, but we need someone that can partner him that will take advantage of his hold up play.

That's still pretty harsh.

Even with his build up play, which is genuinely world class, he's still scoring at a rate of 1 in 2.

Super, super quality player.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Yep, exactly. If we'd started Giroud it's a different game altogether.

Fine lines.

But we can't start with him all the time.

Hopefully we'll sort this out in January. You have to believe they will at least try seeing as it would be nuts to outlay all that money on Ozil and not follow that up. If we are still in contention in January, we have a chance.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2013, 10:16 PM
I actually think we still would have lost with Giroud starting. He is not the sort of forward to get one chance all game and take it and our service today was really poor and Chelsea did score 2. They didn't really go hell for leather for a third because hey......why do that and give The Arsenal a chance on the counter. And they are managed by 'The special one'. He knows 2 goals is all he needs against an Arsenal team.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:17 PM
That's still pretty harsh.

Even with his build up play, which is genuinely world class, he's still scoring at a rate of 1 in 2.

Super, super quality player.

I'm not being harsh at all. I love what he does, but we need more up front to complement what he does.

Munchies
29-10-2013, 10:18 PM
We've all seen how vital a quality CDM is to our side, and we really need another one in.

Sven/Lars Bender in Jan... funny that the only CDM we have is the one who we didn't replace 5 years ago.

Globalgunner
29-10-2013, 10:19 PM
The football we play is still a problem. It is so easy to counter by the best teams. We do not shoot until the nth opportunity. Good players know when to take a shot, but it seems we actively coach this out of our players. If things don't change, then nothing will change. We will keep coming up short at crunch times. Chelsea had like 5 shots on our goal. We just keep passing around the box till we lose the ball and the counter is on. Same shit, different season

GP
29-10-2013, 10:20 PM
I actually think we still would have lost with Giroud starting. He is not the sort of forward to get one chance all game and take it and our service today was really poor and Chelsea did score 2. They didn't really go hell for leather for a third because hey......why do that and give The Arsenal a chance on the counter. And they are managed by 'The special one'. He knows 2 goals is all he needs against an Arsenal team.

Our service wasn't poor, we just had a so-called striker who never made himself available.

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:21 PM
If things don't change, then nothing will change.

I can't argue with that.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2013, 10:21 PM
If he doesn't ever get injured and plays in pretty much every game, then we will be expecting him to play near enough 70 games including internationals over the season. That is way too much for a forward if you want him to be at his best regularly.

Munchies
29-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Our service wasn't poor, we just had a so-called striker who never made himself available.

Yep this is pretty much it .

Giroud , if needed, can peel off to the wings dragging a player with him. With Bentdner , their full backs just sat as centre backs, it was too narrow and predictable with him.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2013, 10:24 PM

I thought we played too narrowly for too long which to me equated to the poor service to the attack. Our midfield were trying to find a way through which just didn't exist in the centre.

But you won't get an argument out of me in Bendtner's favour. I was campaigning for Chuba Akpom to play before the game started!

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I hate Bendtner.

Bumble
29-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Even worse than.bendtner playing was that ju young park is still with us. Surely we have a young striker with better prospects than him at the club.

gunnerrrrr
29-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Big game, big loss...under Wenger over the last 8 years this is no real shock.

Great start to the league, unless im mistaken we now start really playing the bigger clubs...

Our two most important players are Flamini and Giroud...simply because we have no adequate replacement for either...

Huge game this weekend...

Munchies
29-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Even worse than.bendtner playing was that ju young park is still with us. Surely we have a young striker with better prospects than him at the club.

Maybe this game was being shown in China/Korea/wherever on a major tv channel, so they thought of bringing him out to drive shirt sales ?

Seriously, no clue man, we all thought he had fucked off, and it was a massive surprise seeing him out there.

Nayan
29-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Utter shit. If injuries and suspensions mean that's the team that we default to later in the season forget about the league title

And What does wenger see in miyachi?

We are miles away from proper teams and are about to get found out big time.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2013, 10:34 PM
What teams are the proper teams?

Marc Overmars
29-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Big game, big loss...under Wenger over the last 8 years this is no real shock.

Great start to the league, unless im mistaken we now start really playing the bigger clubs...

Our two most important players are Flamini and Giroud...simply because we have no adequate replacement for either...

Huge game this weekend...

We will not beat Liverpool, Dortmund or United.

Power n Glory
29-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Dispatched with ease. Just brushed aside like nothing.

Ralpheroo72
29-10-2013, 10:46 PM
On the evidence of tonight, and the last few results, Liverpool look capable of beating us on Saturday. They have Suarez playing like a man possessed, and some in our starting XI showing the strain of overuse.

pmakgreb
29-10-2013, 10:51 PM
In bad need of getting injured players back. Seems like ox podolski and theo have been out for an eternity. My prediction for sat is we start flamini and he goes off Injured after 10 mins. Id take a draw now...

Xhaka Can’t
29-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Flamini is out for three weeks.

JonasTC
29-10-2013, 11:19 PM
People need to cheer up a bit in here, we've lost a close game to last years CHL finalist and today vs the europe league winners, in which we had most of the control and only lost because our backups, during a time with alot of injuries, is far from good enough. Imagine if we had played with Podolski and Ox instead of Bendtner and Ryo, i think we would have seen a different result. (Well we would still see Jenks fuck up)

I think we will see a good run of games again, as soon as most our of squad is fit again, right now we have so many injuries that we cant change anything in attack, we're forced to play the same way every single time, so its no suprise that good teams can easily counter that. I still hope to see a DM and striker signing in january tho :) (maybe a right back aswell? Cant figure jenks out, sometimes he's awesome and other times he's is worse than Bendtner, cant have players like that if we wanna win smth).

Marc Overmars
29-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Jenkinson is positionally awful.

Munchies
29-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Jenkinson is positionally awful.

Championship level player tbf.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Quite fun sitting behind the dugout, I don't envy the players who play shit because they get absolutely ripped, as was the case with Jenkinson and Bendtner. Quote of the night was some old timer calling Bendtner a "fucking mug" and telling him to cut his hair. :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 12:02 AM
just got back.

That fat, blonde haired, useless cunt of a sumo wrestler up front. I swear if I ever see that lesbian looking prick in the street I'll slap him in his face and use that ponytail to wipe the shit off my arse.

What the fuck did he do all game? I'll tell you what. Nothing. No runs, no movement and no shots. We played with 10 men all game because he looked 4 stone overweight and was never arsed.

Anyway, Rosicky was immense. Him and Jack were the only 2 with a sense of urgency. Rosicky was doing Bendtner's work i.e. chasing the keeper and defenders down when they had the ball, which was shameful for the fat cunt up top.

Jack was excellent.

Ryo too timid on the ball.

Cazorla didn't really get involved.

Giroud came on and changed the game. We actually made their keeper work when he was on.

God we missed Flamini. They shoved us off the ball too easily and we hardly battled for the ball.

Disappointed and yes it's a tin pot trophy but we only have 3 competitions to end this trophy drought. We aren't winning the champions league. That leaves 2. How many people are confident we'll win the premier league? Realistically, not many.

That leaves 1. The FA cup.

Worrying.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2013, 12:04 AM
We could end up in the Europa League I suppose. :good:

:lol:

Munchies
30-10-2013, 12:06 AM
just got back.

That fat, blonde haired, useless cunt of a sumo wrestler up front. I swear if I ever see that lesbian looking prick in the street I'll slap him in his face and use that ponytail to wipe the shit off my arse.

What the fuck did he do all game? I'll tell you what. Nothing. No runs, no movement and no shots. We played with 10 men all game because he looked 4 stone overweight and was never arsed.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Munchies
30-10-2013, 12:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXyFK31IYAAejUt.jpg:large

'Fuck u all, 52k in my bank each week, from your hard earned cash , into ma pocket for the hoesss'

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 12:12 AM

:bow:

Munchies
30-10-2013, 12:13 AM
:bow:

Yep, that made me laugh... alot :lol:

Good job SWAYR

Munchies
30-10-2013, 12:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXxx1aUCIAAZDsY.jpg

Ozils probably saying, why the fuck didnt you sign me :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 12:20 AM
That was evident today. Chelsea didn't break sweat.

That was the biggest problem.

Mourinho used his usual tactics and completely neutralised us. Where was our plan B? We were too predictable and one dimensional. I would have cared less if we went out with a bang but we went out on a limp. Chelsea were in 3rd gear for most of the game.

fakeyank
30-10-2013, 12:50 AM
When is Theo and Pod back? Do we have dates?

BOBN
30-10-2013, 01:26 AM
Need a gif of Bendtner passing the ball out of the box when it was easier to score :lol::sick::thumbsdown:

He needs to be behind Park now, why is this fraud ahead of Park?

Jenkinson and Wilshere are shocking too.

But at least Vermalean didnt fook up.

adzzzbatch
30-10-2013, 04:56 AM
Just got back, it was a pretty shitty performance both halves tbh!! We gifted the cunts a goal first half and did the same in on the return!!!!!

in anycase a ticket is worth fuck all

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 07:28 AM
That was the biggest problem.

Mourinho used his usual tactics and completely neutralised us. Where was our plan B? We were too predictable and one dimensional. I would have cared less if we went out with a bang but we went out on a limp. Chelsea were in 3rd gear for most of the game.

Yeah that was the most disappointing thing, it was all too similar to the countless other times we've made life very easy for them. It's not even a Mourinho thing either, you can count on one hand the amount of times we've beaten Chelsea in recent memory. Doesn't bode well for the big games coming up where we'll come up against similar type of tactics.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Need a gif of Bendtner passing the ball out of the box when it was easier to score :lol::sick::thumbsdown:

That was hilarious. Well, it would have been if it wasn't so horrific.

Can't believe this guy still plays for us. Any striker would have done in the summer just so we didn't have to watch this guy play for us again.

New striker is a must in January.

Letters
30-10-2013, 07:33 AM
You walk around with shit on your arse?

:sick:

Munchies
30-10-2013, 08:06 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KFBiGFAXOIY/UnAh__kJaGI/AAAAAAAAA0c/QVc291ezrT4/w506-h285/bendtnernotshoot.gif

Score at 0-1

Take a touch to the side, and shoot at the fucking goal :arry:

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Ramsey should have hit that ball first time.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2013, 08:12 AM
When is Theo and Pod back? Do we have dates?

Poldi is back in training now I think, so it can't be too far away for him. Theo just needs to sort his guts out and I don't think there's anything we can do about that until he is right, unless we mummify him.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Ramsey should have hit that ball first time.

He was probably in shock over what Bendtner just did :D

Munchies
30-10-2013, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVVsi5x66M

How did Bendnter do ?.... ' I don't want to go into individual players assessments'

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 08:47 AM
He was probably in shock over what Bendtner just did :D

For someone of Bendy's ability, so you think he'd have been able to control it, turn and shoot before he was closed down? I don't even think Giroud would have been able to score from that. That's an RVP situation.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2013, 09:05 AM
I think the point is that we didn't get to find out. If you won't chance your arm when 12 yards from goal, then there isn't going to be many other opportunities to do so.

Özim
30-10-2013, 09:09 AM

How did Bendnter do ?.... ' I don't want to go into individual players assessments'

Q: What did you learn about your squad tonight?
AW: That we have the needed quality and that when it will matter in the championship we will be there

Really :unsure:

Should have asked him what he thinks of the fact he's never beaten a Mourinho team :coffee:

Özim
30-10-2013, 09:12 AM
For someone of Bendy's ability, so you think he'd have been able to control it, turn and shoot before he was closed down? I don't even think Giroud would have been able to score from that. That's an RVP situation.

Chance didn't look that easy to me, he has no idea if there's someone behind him and it would actually be quite a difficult chance to execute, don't really see a whole lot wrong. He might have tried it but maybe he just didn't feel he could score.

You can point to the rest of the team that barely created a chance all night and the defending at times as well as poor play, we were disappointing in the end.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 09:15 AM
I think the point is that we didn't get to find out. If you won't chance your arm when 12 yards from goal, then there isn't going to be many other opportunities to do so.

True but why didn't Ramsey smack it when he had a clear site on goal. The ball was fizzed in to Bendy, under his feet and i doubt he has a deft enough touch to set himself up for a shot. Would have been a brilliant goals from Ramsey if he'd have hit it.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2013, 09:20 AM
True but why didn't Ramsey smack it when he had a clear site on goal. The ball was fizzed in to Bendy, under his feet and i doubt he has a deft enough touch to set himself up for a shot. Would have been a brilliant goals from Ramsey if he'd have hit it.

I don't know, he probably should have hit. All I know is Bendtner passed up the opportunity immediately to try and score with no defenders behind him and he's supposed to be the striker; that was Chamakh level play.

AFC Leveller
30-10-2013, 09:31 AM
First few minutes were reminiscent of the Dortmund game, we sat in our own half waiting for them to attack. Chelsea know how to play against us and were always conformtable, waiting for us to make the inevitable mistake and so we did and got punished.

I honestly dont know how a player like Jenkinson (league 2) can play for Arsenal, out of his depth in every single department. yet again in a big game we fail to hold our nerve and make the first error. Chelsea had their second string and some rookies in there at FB but they stayed solid and compact and found it really easy to defend against us. We on the other hand kept trying tio thread it through tight spaces in a very crowded midfielder and had a front man who looked so disinterested and lazy it was almost deliberate.

if you look at the big games over the last few years, nothing has changed and we wlays get picked off. last season home and away against Chelsea, man u away, City home etc. We might find it slightly easier against Liverpool as they wont do the containing job on us but with their front men in fine form it could be another game to forget.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't know, he probably should have hit. All I know is Bendtner passed up the opportunity immediately to try and score with no defenders behind him and he's supposed to be the striker; that was Chamakh level play.

That's a good point. Bendtner being here wasn't judged to be too bad because at least he was a better option than Chamakh. But this season he's turned into Chamakh and has offered nothing more than what the Moroccan would have. That's worrying.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 09:36 AM
To the guys who defends bendtner in that situation, have you ever played football yourself? Its not like its rocket science or you have to be RVP to be able to get a shot out of that, the way the ball came from Rosicky he could easily have let it bounced of his left heel/foot, turned and shot in a split second. He just took a lazy decision like he did the rest of the game.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Look at the pace of the pass. It's dead centre under Bendy's feet. The touch would have had to be immense to kill the pace and inch perfect to set up a shot with his right foot. By the time he'd have controlled it the opportunity would have been gone. Wasn't a great game from Bendy but I wouldn't use that moment to illustrate it. That wasn't a coward like or sloppy moment. Ramsey was calling for the pass before it reached Bendy because he saw the shot was on. Just a case of us overplaying if anything. But we need a world class striker! Giroud wouldn't have been able to deal with that.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 09:39 AM
To the guys who defends bendtner in that situation, have you ever played football yourself? Its not like its rocket science or you have to be RVP to be able to get a shot out of that, the way the ball came from Rosicky he could easily have let it bounced of his left heel/foot, turned and shot in a split second. He just took a lazy decision like he did the rest of the game.

Yes, I've played and know it's difficult to control a ball when fizzed in with great pace. Also, this is Bendy we're talking about. His touch isn't fantastic and he's not that agile and quick. He had his back to goal.

GP
30-10-2013, 09:40 AM
It was a clear cut chance. To not even attempt a shot is utter cowardice. Giroud would have dispatched it with ease. End of story.

PGFC
30-10-2013, 09:41 AM
It was a clear cut chance. To not even attempt a shot is utter cowardice. Giroud would have dispatched it with ease. End of story.

This.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Bulls. He's not right footed for starters and wouldn't have gone for the shot. If he'd have T'd up Ramsey and we'd scored, it would have been a great assist.

There are better examples of why Bendy is dreadful. I wouldn't hold that clip up as the epitome. He didn't shoot first time but why didn't Ramsey?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 09:47 AM
The main thing that struck me was the fact I could freely voice my displeasure and not be frowned upon in the stadium.

How the Emirates has changed.

If you said anything negative a few years back you'd have 5 people telling you to shut up. Hence why many turned to away days. But now it's got to the point where most have had enough and pretty much agree to voicing concerns, and have little patience when they see bad performances.

Sad indictment of where we are as a club and the pressure that Wenger faces. If it turns into another disappointing season then I fear the worst.

AFC Leveller
30-10-2013, 09:49 AM
ANY other team at home would have tested Chelsea more and made them them earn their victory. we were so shit.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Yes, I've played and know it's difficult to control a ball when fizzed in with great pace. Also, this is Bendy we're talking about. His touch isn't fantastic and he's not that agile and quick. He had his back to goal.

We're talking about a guy that makes millions playing football, he can actually play, despite us not liking him. What makes him look bad is that he's playing versus even better footballers (and his personality/attitude in Bendtners case), but in that situation there was no "better" player to take the chance away from him, so there's no excuse for him to not get a shot off, except for him being a lazy cunt that doesnt give a shit about football anymore.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Any striker should instictivley think about scoring in that position.

The guy is awful. He doesn't want to be here, the fans don't want him and the fact we've tried to sell him for 3 years suggests Wenger doesn't fancy him either.

Just go away you fucking ****.

Munchies
30-10-2013, 09:54 AM
I think we've seen how important it is to strengthen the team properly. We had a reported £70m 'warchest' in the summer. Yes we spent £40m or so on Ozil, but we actually brought in around £11m offloading Gervinho/Chamakh/Mannone so the net spend in the summer was of £30m, leaving £40m or so left.

We've seen how influential Flamini has been in our side, yet he's the only true CDM in our team. We should have bought an actual winger, a quality CDM, and a striker.

The transfer dealings in the summer were a shambles, the Ozil signing won't hide that, and its down to Wenger and the board really.

That being said, we do have Theo/Ox/Podolski to come back, so hopefully we won't have to see the likes of Ryo/Bendtner anytime soon. Still have a chance of having a good season, but we need to hope injuries don't play a part till January.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 09:56 AM
We're talking about a guy that makes millions playing football, he can actually play, despite us not liking him. What makes him look bad is that he's playing versus even better footballers (and his personality/attitude in Bendtners case), but in that situation there was no "better" player to take the chance away from him, so there's no excuse for him to not get a shot off, except for him being a lazy cunt that doesnt give a shit about football anymore.

Explain to me why Ramsey didn't shoot?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 09:57 AM

He's a guy with zero confidence. At least last time he was here he thought he was the best striker in the world so would shoot. Now he's doing a Chamakh and going the opposite direction when he has the ball.

Munchies
30-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't think you can blame Ramsey for not shooting it first time, there were more Chelsea players around him than Bendtner

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Any striker should instictivley think about scoring in that position.

The guy is awful. He doesn't want to be here, the fans don't want him and the fact we've tried to sell him for 3 years suggests Wenger doesn't fancy him either.

Just go away you fucking ****.

GP
30-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I don't think you can blame Ramsey for not shooting it first time, there were more Chelsea players around him than Bendtner

He was closed down very quickly, tried to make space and his shot was blocked.

Munchies
30-10-2013, 10:02 AM
He was closed down very quickly, tried to make space and his shot was blocked.

Whereas with Bendtner, it was just him and Schwarzer, enough space to get a shot away if he tried to.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KFBiGFAXOIY/UnAh__kJaGI/AAAAAAAAA0c/QVc291ezrT4/w506-h285/bendtnernotshoot.gif

LDG
30-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Given that Ramsey was about the only one who was trying to shoot, and had quite a few good efforts, I don't think you can hold that one against him....if I was him, I would have been suprised to a have received the ball back from a striker who was dead centre, unmarked and in prime position.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 10:04 AM

And you don't think Bendy would have been closed down even quicker after controlling the ball?

Özim
30-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I would assume he also possibly thought there was a defender near him, since you don't see him looking before he gets the ball.

LDG
30-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Looking at it again, Ramsey is after the first ball from Rosicky.

Tbh, Rosicky is at fault here for playing the wrong ball :lol:

He trys to play in Bender first. FAIL.

Ramsey calls for it, and he ignores him FAIL

Then opts to put the ball right on Bender, instead of in front of him. FAIL

Munchies
30-10-2013, 10:11 AM
And you don't think Bendy would have been closed down even quicker after controlling the ball?

The only player I can see who could close him down in enough time was Bertrand (I think, number 34)

LDG
30-10-2013, 10:13 AM
That said, Bender isn't looking for the chance, else he'd be truned toward goal slightly....which presumably Giroud would have been.

Özim
30-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Looking at this, it's typical Wenger ball isn't it, little intricate passing moves that don't always lead to us shooting when we should.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 10:15 AM

He was calling for Rosicky to pass him, who passes to Bendtner instead, so i would guess first of all he was surprised to get it back, seeing the position Bendtner was in, but there was a defender (+ Bendtner) infront of him when he gets it, so he tries to get in a better shooting position, but the Chelsea players swarmed him to quickly, so he couldnt get a shot off. If he had shot straight away, he would have had to shoot in between the chelsea player and Bendtner, which would have gotten straight into Schwarzers hands.

GP
30-10-2013, 10:16 AM
That said, Bender isn't looking for the chance, else he'd be truned toward goal slightly....which presumably Giroud would have been.

Giroud would have buried it. Without doubt.

BOBN
30-10-2013, 10:18 AM

Score at 0-1

Take a touch to the side, and shoot at the fucking goal :arry:
Didnt even look at the goal once.

It was a caricature moment.

In 20 years when somebody makes a comedy sketch of the overplaying and style over substance of the late Wenger years they could not perform a more exaggerated action than that. Farcical.

BOBN
30-10-2013, 10:24 AM
:sarcy:

Behave.

Anybody on this forum could get a shot on target from there.

Nayan
30-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Look at the pace of the pass. It's dead centre under Bendy's feet. The touch would have had to be immense to kill the pace and inch perfect to set up a shot with his right foot. By the time he'd have controlled it the opportunity would have been gone. Wasn't a great game from Bendy but I wouldn't use that moment to illustrate it. That wasn't a coward like or sloppy moment. Ramsey was calling for the pass before it reached Bendy because he saw the shot was on. Just a case of us overplaying if anything. But we need a world class striker! Giroud wouldn't have been able to deal with that.

Oh please. If was a decent enough ball and a good striker should be able to that dead & make space for a shot. Even if he scuffed it he shouldve given the goalie something to worry about.

BOBN
30-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Q: What did you learn about your squad tonight?
AW: That we have the needed quality and that when it will matter in the championship we will be there

Really :unsure:

Should have asked him what he thinks of the fact he's never beaten a Mourinho team :coffee:
They asked him before the game, his reply? Not concerned because the managers dont play on the pitch.

Translation? Its not my fault guv, its those fookers.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 10:31 AM
He was calling for Rosicky to pass him, who passes to Bendtner instead, so i would guess first of all he was surprised to get it back, seeing the position Bendtner was in, but there was a defender (+ Bendtner) infront of him when he gets it, so he tries to get in a better shooting position, but the Chelsea players swarmed him to quickly, so he couldnt get a shot off. If he had shot straight away, he would have had to shoot in between the chelsea player and Bendtner, which would have gotten straight into Schwarzers hands.

If you can analyse why Ramsey didn't shoot, why can't you do the same for Bendy? Circumstances on the pitch. I don't know why we go into the physiological analysis mode and assume he doesn't want to be here based on that one incident. Surely he knows his ticket out of here is to score, right?

But overall we need better strikers. It's scandalous that we're depending on Bendy and brought on Park of all people.

LDG
30-10-2013, 10:35 AM
But overall we need better strikers. It's scandalous that we're depending on Bendy and brought on Park of all people.

I think that's the point. I wonder if Podolski would have been preferred through the middle? Or Theo?

BOBN
30-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Chance didn't look that easy to me, he has no idea if there's someone behind him and it would actually be quite a difficult chance to execute, don't really see a whole lot wrong. He might have tried it but maybe he just didn't feel he could score.

Diddums, poor Bendy had no idea who was behind him. Did you want Billy from Islington in row 2 to give him detailed reconnaissance or something? Its his JOB to LOOK at what the FOOK is happening. Ive seen 12 year old players grasp the concept of looking at the surroundings before the ball gets to him. What a ridiculous defence.

Özim
30-10-2013, 10:38 AM
They asked him before the game, his reply? Not concerned because the managers dont play on the pitch.

Translation? Its not my fault guv, its those fookers.

:lol: I forgot managers don't have any control on tactics, team selection, signings, motivation, substitutions etc!

GP
30-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I think that's the point. I wonder if Podolski would have been preferred through the middle? Or Theo?

Exactly. It's a shame the pressure is all on Giroud. He's one player who has been faultless this season, though.

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2013, 10:41 AM

:haha:

Özim
30-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Diddums, poor Bendy had no idea who was behind him. Did you want Billy from Islington in row 2 to give him detailed reconnaissance or something? Its his JOB to LOOK at what the FOOK is happening. Ive seen 12 year old players grasp the concept of looking at the surroundings before the ball gets to him. What a ridiculous defence.

I've seen worse from other players tbh. He didn't shoot maybe it was bad play, but so is being at home and barely having a shot or creating a chance.

Didn't make a difference in the game because we got schooled again by a Chelsea B team no less, we would have lost regardless yesterday as we just didn't have a cutting edge.

Özim
30-10-2013, 10:42 AM
As for the people creaming themselves over Giroud, I didn't see him scoring any goals yesterday when he came on so I highly doubt he would have made a difference to the result had he started.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 10:46 AM
If you can analyse why Ramsey didn't shoot, why can't you do the same for Bendy? Circumstances on the pitch. I don't know why we go into the physiological analysis mode and assume he doesn't want to be here based on that one incident. Surely he knows his ticket out of here is to score, right?

Because there is no excuse for Bendtner not to get a shot out of that situation, the only way i can analyse it, is Bendtner not caring or being lazy, as he was in the rest of the game.

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2013, 10:47 AM

How can anyone explain that? He should have shot it.

That said, it should not have been played to him in the first place.

JonasTC
As for the people creaming themselves over Giroud, I didn't see him scoring any goals yesterday when he came on so I highly doubt he would have made a difference to the result had he started.

Atleast he tried and worked hard, even got a good shot off from a difficult position :)

Power n Glory
:haha:

He's not happy with Jenkinson and that header.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Atleast he tried and worked hard, even got a good shot off from a difficult position :)

As said before, the difference between him and Bendy is the work rate and work ethic.

Özim
30-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Maybe, but the fact remains he came on and we still really didn't create much or have much in front of goal. We were beaten by a more organised, disciplined side yesterday, as is the case when we play the big teams we just struggle to break them down as they know how to neutralise us.

We played a lot of our first 11 yesterday and despite that and them playing a weakened team we still couldn't really suss out a way to break them down, I'd say a top striker is a priority now, someone who can give the bigger teams more problems.

BOBN
30-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Whats funny is being an egomanic Bendtner clearly watched the Wilshere goal and thought "I can do what Giroud does, I can outdo him". But what he doesnt get is Girouds flicks are late decisions based on his circumstance. Bendtner knew he was gonna pass that ball before it was even played to him. It was a thick action.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 10:54 AM
How can anyone explain that? He should have shot it.

That said, it should not have been played to him in the first place.

Some have tried to explain it. It's just a case of overplaying and who knows what the player sees or feels in that moment but I think it's a far stretch to assume Bendy doesn't want to be here from that one moment.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Some have tried to explain it. It's just a case of overplaying and who knows what the player sees or feels in that moment but I think it's a far stretch to assume Bendy doesn't want to be here from that one moment.

He was timid all game, regardless of that moment. Besides I think everyone shared the same feelings about this waster long before last night.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 11:06 AM
He was timid all game, regardless of that moment. Besides I think everyone shared the same feelings about this waster long before last night.

It's really not wise to get on his back so early. We're talking about a player that isn't that good to begin with getting his first start in months! He's rusty but a lot of people or creating a more cynical narrative behind his performance. It's bad enough we have to depend on him as a second striker but the abuse from the crowd only harms us.

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2013, 11:13 AM

From that one moment?

Nobody is basing that on that one moment! He said he never wanted to play for us again. He has tried his heart out to get away for years.

He is completely and utterly disinterested in putting in any effort whatsoever.

And for years now, he had stunk up whatever place he has gone to.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-10-2013, 11:22 AM

I am both fascinated and amused by how much discussion this one isolated action has aroused. :d

Forgive me for getting technical but I shall, as we are determined to discuss this to death. What a right footed play should do in that situation is roughly a 45 degree turn clockwise whilst stopping the ball with the inside of his right foot all in one motion which is probably the easiest way to both face the goal and control the ball. THEN shoot at goal. Least that's what a right footed player like myself who's left foot is merely for standing on would have done to both compensate for my lack of a left foot and take advantage of one of the very few chances coming my way all night.

I surmise that the ball just came quicker than Bendtner could effectively think and his instincts took over, which was with his back to goal to pass to the form player in league. Instincts are natural but they are developed with games which he hasn't had many of. The killer instinct with a striker mos def improves with games, which is not to excuse Nicklas (perish the thought) but I was certainly not alarmed when he passed the buck in that scenario.

I happen to believe Bendtner isn't worth a place in this squad (which was why I was one of the few against him starting in the first place) and I do think he is often lazy and has a poor attitude to boot but not necessarily based on this one action we are all discussing. I think it just shows in rather stark fashion that he isn't very good.

Giroud would have had a decent chance of scoring if he hit it first time with his left in the same situation....but not if he tried to control it and then score imo.

I have thought all season that our forward options as a whole, are needlessly poor, ill considered and just not of the standard we need....but hey I have come over here form ahfc, so don't exactly want to wear everybody down with this all season long.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Nah, you let it bounce of the inside of your left foot, kind of between your legs and shoot with the outside of your right foot, there's not much to it :)

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-10-2013, 11:41 AM
You've been reading Dennis Bergkamp's book hey, lol....

AFC Leveller
30-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Someone like Suarez would have burried it or at least commited the defender got a peno/a man sent off. Bendtner is so far from world clas he cannot be seen.

Too late to get Suarez now as Liverpool look like challenging + Real madrid seem to be strongly linked with him, not ot mention the fact that we were told to eff off last time we bid.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I am both fascinated and amused by how much discussion this one isolated action has aroused. :d

Forgive me for getting technical but I shall, as we are determined to discuss this to death. What a right footed play should do in that situation is roughly a 45 degree turn clockwise whilst stopping the ball with the inside of his right foot all in one motion which is probably the easiest way to both face the goal and control the ball. THEN shoot at goal. Least that's what a right footed player like myself who's left foot is merely for standing on would have done to both compensate for my lack of a left foot and take advantage of one of the very few chances coming my way all night.

I surmise that the ball just came quicker than Bendtner could effectively think and his instincts took over, which was with his back to goal to pass to the form player in league. Instincts are natural but they are developed with games which he hasn't had many of. The killer instinct with a striker mos def improves with games, which is not to excuse Nicklas (perish the thought) but I was certainly not alarmed when he passed the buck in that scenario.

I happen to believe Bendtner isn't worth a place in this squad (which was why I was one of the few against him starting in the first place) and I do think he is often lazy and has a poor attitude to boot but not necessarily based on this one action we are all discussing. I think it just shows in rather stark fashion that he isn't very good.

Giroud would have had a decent chance of scoring if he hit it first time with his left in the same situation....but not if he tried to control it and then score imo.

I have thought all season that our forward options as a whole, are needlessly poor, ill considered and just not of the standard we need....but hey I have come over here form ahfc, so don't exactly want to wear everybody down with this all season long.

Thanks for that. You seem to get what I'm trying to put across.

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 12:12 PM
From that one moment?

Nobody is basing that on that one moment! He said he never wanted to play for us again. He has tried his heart out to get away for years.

He is completely and utterly disinterested in putting in any effort whatsoever.

And for years now, he had stunk up whatever place he has gone to.

Now why in the world would he purposely screw that chance up if he knows scoring goals is his ticket out of here?

Özim
30-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Suarez is world class, but he's a scumbag as well wouldn't want him here.

Bendnter isn't world class, hasn't played much, is clearly low on confidence (something you couldn't accuse him of in the past) and knows he's not really wanted here, hardly a recipe for success.

Really only one man to blame, the manager, he should have made sure he bought a striker in the summer.

Bendtner's hated here, we get it but in the situation he's in it's hard to see us getting much out of him unless his confidence increases and he starts scoring goals which will probably require him playing more games.

So he wanted to leave, big deal, can't blame him if he was stuck behind Chamakh to be honest, I'd want to leave too if I was stuck behind that donkey. Plenty of players have wanted to leave in the past after all.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 12:20 PM
You've been reading Dennis Bergkamp's book hey, lol....

Haha no i havent, but he (and Laudrup) had a huge impact on my playing style growing up, was quite succesful at it aswell, until i fucked up my knee and havent been able to play since.

Munchies
30-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Haha no i havent, but he (and Laudrup) had a huge impact on my playing style growing up, was quite succesful at it aswell, until i fucked up my knee and havent been able to play since.

:console:

I always played as a full back, wasn't that good with the ball, dribbling wise, but was fast enough to get up and down the pitch to put a cross in/defend. Haven't played a proper game in 3 years or so since I left school/sixth form.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-10-2013, 01:00 PM
As much as i am loathe to take on board anything Alan Hansen says i have to conceed he has a point about how we shoot ourselves in the foot from corners......our first choice back four is in my opinion very strong but we are doing them no favours when we force corners and leave too many forward and then end up conceeding goals from being caught in possession too high up the pitch. Yes Jenkinson had an absolute stinker and hasn't played well in my opinion since Sagna came back into the side last year (only game i can think of where he played well in that time was the away game in Munich).
It seems bizarre that we committ so many forward especially considering we aren't paritcurlarly effective at offensive set pieces to begin with, and despite the fact that the Arteta sending off wasn't even a foul (well it was a foul but it was a foul on him not by him) but should not have been put in that position to begin with.
Our tactical set up on the pitch is pretty much if not perfect getting better, we don't see our back four caught out with long balls or caught square anywhere near as much....despite the fact that Mertesacker gets so criticised by the pundits he is far and above one of the best defenders we have had in years at defending set pieces.
I still think we either need to look to our academy or to the transfer market for a defensive midfielder for the future considering both Flamini and Arteta are not exactly young and could be both injury prone.

BOBN
30-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Someone like Suarez would have burried it or at least commited the defender got a peno/a man sent off. Bendtner is so far from world clas he cannot be seen.

Too late to get Suarez now as Liverpool look like challenging + Real madrid seem to be strongly linked with him, not ot mention the fact that we were told to eff off last time we bid.
Mate, Remy or Lambert would have put that away.

And why werent we in for Negredo at 16 million?

Gets away with murder this Wenger.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-10-2013, 01:02 PM
A young sprightly bunch aren't you!

I haven't played 11 aside in a few years but play five aside. I've trained with semi pro teams and I can tell you the main difference between a pro and one of us in here (although there could be pro's amongst you!) is first touch, generally speaking.

At this level though, simply having a decent first touch isn't enough....

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 01:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sErjXi3.gif

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Speaking of your boy Remy, Leveller..... he's not doing too badly! I would have liked him over the Arse!

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Not sure why we didn't move for him. I guess Wenger will try Pod and Theo up front when they're fit.

Munchies
30-10-2013, 01:28 PM
‏@paddypower : One positive to come from yesterday for Arsenal fans. There are now only 243 days before Nicklas Bendtner's contract expires.

Fuck off already Please :(

selassie
30-10-2013, 01:44 PM
I wasn't overly surprised we lost yesterday, Chelsea's depth is ridiculous.

One thing I will say is that Arsene absolutely has to address our lack of quality (Giroud aside) and depth upfront.

If he doesn't bring in at least one more body in the January Window then the season is on his head. It's been stated already, but Bendtner shouldn't even be factored into this seasons squad or Park for that matter. Arsene has made a right pigs ear of the striker situation and it needs sorting out fast.

adzzzbatch
30-10-2013, 01:55 PM
We never looked like scoring yesterday, Chelsea were so comfortable it was unreal! Whenever we did break we stopped and let them get all 11 men behind the ball it was so frustrating! At 0-1 I said to my friend who I took to the game it would be 0-2, I thought they'd hit us on the counter with the sucker punch but nope, they didn't need to break sweat to get the 2nd.

Also why the fuck did glory hunters have a qauter of the stadium!?!? I understand it for an FA cup game, not a sodding league cup one!

Dein-machine
30-10-2013, 02:00 PM
It was a wierd selection yesterday - when I saw the midfield I was pleasently suprised but then I saw Bendtner & Miyachi in attack, game over. The only positive for me is that at least Bendtner, Miyachi & Jenkinson proved they are not Arsenal players last night & even arrogant Wumger had to see it yesterday. Can you inagine if we'd drawn 2-2 with two goals fro Bendtner but then when out in X-time or pens. Wumger would have offered the prick a new contract. If you going to play with two attackers who are Div 1 players at best then its totally unfair on the rest of the team & we may as well have played a 2nd string midfield. For those arguing about Bendtner infront of goal, he's not worth your typing effort.

adzzzbatch
30-10-2013, 02:22 PM
‏@paddypower : One positive to come from yesterday for Arsenal fans. There are now only 243 days before Nicklas Bendtner's contract expires.

Fuck off already Please :(

Last game for Arsenal? (again)

Letters
30-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Adzz :hug:

Power n Glory
30-10-2013, 02:36 PM
It was a wierd selection yesterday - when I saw the midfield I was pleasently suprised but then I saw Bendtner & Miyachi in attack, game over. The only positive for me is that at least Bendtner, Miyachi & Jenkinson proved they are not Arsenal players last night & even arrogant Wumger had to see it yesterday. Can you inagine if we'd drawn 2-2 with two goals fro Bendtner but then when out in X-time or pens. Wumger would have offered the prick a new contract. If you going to play with two attackers who are Div 1 players at best then its totally unfair on the rest of the team & we may as well have played a 2nd string midfield. For those arguing about Bendtner infront of goal, he's not worth your typing effort.

I don't get that. Surely we need Bendy, Ryo and Jenkinson to play well so they can provide some cover for the 1st team?

AFC Leveller
30-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Blink, he is a very very good player. We need a left sided attacker and he fits the bill. Scored 5 goals in 8 games already and always looks dangerous.

Fist of Lehmann
30-10-2013, 02:54 PM

When I was younger there was this kid who would pretend to be Hoddle and I would kick him as often as I could (fairly of course).

As for Bendtner, just fucking hit it you twat.

Dennis Bendtner
30-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I didn't give much of a fuq about this one (despite going), it is what it is. That said, it's mildly annoying to see it basically being a repeat of any number of 'big' games over the last few years. Easily blunted by a team happy to do the bare minimum. Now we have the added handicap of exhausting Ramsey - if not, he's superhuman - and Giroud having more minutes. Plus being next to Chelsea's cunt brigade didn't help. All in all quite irritating. Monreal was good. In these games - Chelsea specifically, really - it's absolutely imperative the team comes up with something new or else we'll be seeing more of the same.

Dein-machine
30-10-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't get that. Surely we need Bendy, Ryo and Jenkinson to play well so they can provide some cover for the 1st team?

What we need & what those players can give us a totally different things. To discuss Bendther is embarrasing, we want to compete with the best, we want to play technical football, WE CANT when Wumger continues with useless pricks like him. How many times did we say it about Eboue, Senderos, Adebayor, Denilson, Gervinho & yet we continued to play them when it was obvious they weren't good enough. Fuck nose what these guys do at training to impress.
We all make mistakes, Fergy bought some shit players in over the years but he got rid of them just as quickly - Wumger won't be told so we have to put up with crap in the squad. There is no need for Bendtner to ever put on an Arsenal shirt again, the youth forwards will be more hungry & lively than him. Do you want Ryo or Jenkinson providing cover for the 1st team, would they provide cover at either Manc club, Chelski or any of the other top European teams we are trying to compete with.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2013, 06:57 PM
shit game shit result. the whole experience was a complete joke. Arsenal need to take a long hard look at themselves. the stewarding and the policing last night was appalling.

read this about it. everything this blog says is spot on. i was in the same block

Many will know that at the BSM we're passionate about getting a better deal for fans, and that part of this is to get an enjoyable matchday experience for those going to matches, supporting the team. One of our initiatives is 'Bring Back The Clock End' - a move to get season tickets in that area of the stadium, providing a place for like-minded fans who want to make a noise and get loud, vocal support going.

With season tickets not valid for League Cup games, it gave us a good chance of trying to do something similar, i.e. get a good number of like-minded supporters together in the ground. We therefore invited BSM members to get involved, and asked that they buy tickets in blocks 19, 18 and 17 - close to the away fans and not shoved as far away as possible, as the club did with the REDsection.

The idea was greeted with real enthusiasm from our members, and it was great to hear that a good few hundred had managed to buy tickets in this area of the ground. It was all set up to be an enjoyable night and on the concourse before the game, the songs started. The mood was positive and upbeat, and I was looking forward to taking my place in the ground.

Walking into block 19 a few minutes before kick off, our fans in that area of the ground were already in good voice. Volume was increasing and the atmosphere was building nicely. Of course with 9,000 away fans to our left we were up against it and it would take a decent effort to make a dent. But for the first 10 or 15 minutes we held our own and had some good exchanges back and forth across the divide. I saw some good stuff from fans on Twitter talking about block 19 buzzing, and some Chelsea fans have told me today that it was vocal back and forth at the start. But then, it began.

All of a sudden there was a constant stream of stewards up and down the aisle, telling people to sit down, checking tickets and generally causing a nuisance. This carried on all night but from that moment on, all that happened was arguing between fans and stewards over standing, noise, singing at the Chelsea fans, whether they had the right ticket - it was real disruptive tactics and in my opinion this was orchestrated by the stadium management. One female steward patrolled up and down the aisle with a notebook, furiously scribbling notes and ordering other stewards around.

Soon after this, Chelsea were gifted a goal and that invited their fans to start the provocation of our supporters. Standing on seats hurling abuse, acting brave and offering fights to anyone who'd give them some abuse back. When they scored, some Chelsea fans tried to light a blue flare but never managed to get it going. No action from police or stewards, which is puzzling when you think a fan of ours who did that at Stamford Bridge in 2010 received a £385 fine and was banned from football grounds for 3 years.

Don't get me wrong I am up for wind-ups and banter between opposing supporters. It's part of football and has been so for decades. But last night it was a one-sided affair with Chelsea fans allowed to get up to all sorts, while stewards and police caused endless trouble for our supporters with threats of arrest for anyone who "engaged with Chelsea supporters" (that's an actual quote from a policeman last night). One steward then said to the bloke next to me "Sorry, we're under orders tonight". That told us all we needed to know.

At half time I saw two people pulled aside on the concourse by police and get questioned. Apparently this was for being abusive to stewards, though I was informed no such abuse was given. Arguing a point yes, but no actual abuse.

On going back to our seats after half time, stewards then saw it fit to check the ticket of every fan trying to get back in. I've never seen this happen at any home game of ours in all the time I've been going - some 30-odd years. Naturally this caused a huge bottleneck of fans trying to get back to their seats, and many of us missed the start of the second half.

The rest of the game was just more of the same. Hassle from stewards and bugger all happening on the Chelsea side. Over came a bottle from their fans, our supporters reacted angrily and in came the police and stewards to threaten our supporters. Any stewards or police their side plucking out the person who threw it? Of course not. Truly laughable.

Overall, I have to give a big thanks to those BSM members who came along last night with the intention of getting behind the team, creating some noise and having a good time at football. I'm just sorry that an obvious ploy from our stadium management ensured that fans spent most of their time arguing with stewards and police, being threatened with arrest for the most ridiculous reasons, and some even being followed and told off by police after leaving the ground.

Every now and then we hear noises from Arsene Wenger and the players about the need for a positive atmosphere at home games. It's therefore disappointing that the club do all they can to stifle any attempts to generate loud vocal support. Last night it wasn't even a case of pissing into the wind, it was more like pissing into that St Jude storm while being battered with a water cannon of piss at the same time.

Needless to say, we'll be taking these events up with the club and we will continue to fight to get a positive atmosphere back in our stadium. The club may want a big group of people who sit there in silence, tapping away on their iPad or knitting (yes, that has been spotted), taking pictures and clapping every now and then. To us, that's not football. It's not the way football has ever been, or ever should be.

We continue, onward. A better deal for fans, that's what we strive for. It's our club, it's our game, and we won't give up easily. Football without the fans is nothing.

Up The Gunners

'Highbury Harold'

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 07:22 PM
It's unlikely but I really hope at some point in the future the club brings in a safe standing area, because I hate having to get up and sit down depending on what the fuckers infront of me are doing.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2013, 07:23 PM
I really hope at some point in the future the club brings in safe standing areaa, because I hate having to get up and sit down depending on what the fuckers infront of me are doing.

we just stood all game. stewards gave up in the end. most of lower tier blocks near me stood as well. You only have to look at the away games, everyone stands there. just bring it in

Özim
30-10-2013, 07:26 PM
They heard some of the GW lot were coming down apparently :run:

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2013, 07:29 PM
So, has it been decided whether or not Bendtner should have taken a shot yet?

Özim
30-10-2013, 07:31 PM
He shot after the match, she said he missed.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 07:48 PM
we just stood all game. stewards gave up in the end. most of lower tier blocks near me stood as well. You only have to look at the away games, everyone stands there. just bring it in

Unfortunately I haven't been in many blocks of the stadium where everyone is happy to stand. Some miserable old wanker and his wife nearly bit my head off last night because I kept getting up. I felt bad for them because they clearly didn't appear to be very sprightly but what else am I supposed to do if rows of people in front of me stand up every 5 minutes?

Just seems logical to have areas for people who want to sit and those who'd rather stand, if the Bundesliga can do it so can we.

Özim
30-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately I haven't been in many blocks of the stadium where everyone is happy to stand. Some miserable old wanker and his wife nearly bit my head off last night because I kept getting up. I felt bad for them because they clearly didn't appear to be very sprightly but what else am I supposed to do if rows of people in front of me stand up every 5 minutes?

Just seems logical to have areas for people who want to sit and those who'd rather stand, if the Bundesliga can do it so can we.

Will never happen, Germans are organised and efficient.

Letters
30-10-2013, 08:00 PM
we just stood all game.
You're dicks then with no consideration for the people behind you who may be less able to.
Agree with MO about a safe standing area, if there are people who want to do that then fine and at least anyone who books in that section knows what they're getting.
But right now it's an all seater stadium and those who persistently stand are just selfish twats.

No offence, like.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2013, 08:02 PM
You're dicks then with no consideration for the people behind you who may be less able to.
Agree with MO about a safe standing area, if there are people who want to do that then fine and at least anyone who books in that section knows what they're getting.
But right now it's an all seater stadium and those who persistently stand are just selfish twats.

No offence, like.

i agree to an extent, except the whole block was standing. the only people trying to make us sit where the stewards themselves. no one complained about it at all. we just sang instead

Letters
30-10-2013, 08:06 PM
If everyone is doing it then fine and it's not the ballet, you can't expect people to just sit there all game. It's when it's just a few people here and there that there's a problem and as MO says if the person in front of you is standing up then you have to if you want to see (make up your own "you wouldn't see anyway, shortarse" joke here).
At some point someone is going to be standing up and the person behind them isn't able to, or just doesn't want to. Then you've got a problem.

Terraces would be pretty safe these days IMO, you don't have the hooligan culture any more - not to the same extent anyway, Chelsea sure have their knuckle-draggers though - and with the electronic ticketing and so on you wouldn't get over-crowding with thousands turning up on the day.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2013, 08:12 PM
there are a few blocks that seem to stand the whole game. block 19 (by the away fans) and the some over in north bank. think its accepted that if you are there, you stand to a certain degree. same with away games, everyone just stands there.

i do understand obviously that some people can't stand all game be it because they are old or disabled, and also young children but i believe there are sections for them etc.

GP
30-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Mate of mine is in block 5. No one sits.

Dennis Bendtner
30-10-2013, 08:57 PM
I did think the stewarding was strange yesterday. A load of Chavs in the next block were being shitheads as expected but anyone giving even a bit back was told to shut up. Nothing major but very lame.