PDA

View Full Version : Samir "The Weasel" Nasri - The Epitome of Wenger's Failings!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Newguy
10-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I couldnt wait to get him out the club tbh, I feel the same about Nasri now. It seems to happen with us more than any other top 4 club, but players have 1 good season (nasri had 3 good months) and they want the money that the big boys are on. With Ade he wanted Henry money, Nasri allegedly wants Cesc money.

I hope Nasri is shown the same treatment as any other player that shows a lack of respect towards the club and the supporters - actually i hope he doesnt get that treatment because I hope we sell him, I dont even care if he goes to united as long as we get 16million for him as a bare minimum.

Actually, the last parts a lie, I'd destroy wenger on here if he sold him to United lol

Mr. Lahey
10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
haha, fine then

i believe he deserves the pay raise and the money and this is why. Him and Cesc have been our best players over the last 3 years arguably. His first season he was voted player of the season on here. he came 2nd on Arsenal.com. His first seasonn was better than Jacks first season with us and everyone creams themselves over him. His second season started out with him having his his leg broken and out for 2 months at the begining of the season, not the greatest start and i believe this was the reason of his poor form. He even admitted that this was the reason , I posted the interview on the other Nasri thread. This season has been his best season to date. 15 goals this season and was mentioned alongside Messi, Ronaldo and others as one of the best players in the world. Fantastic return on a 23 year old Id say. Hes been getting better and better every year and will only continue to get better.

I truly believe under a different manager he would be more consistent and he could be to Arsenal what Ronaldo was for United. If we had a manager who would play him in his preferred position and that would tell him to be more selfish and direct this could be possible.

Mr. Lahey
10-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Theres a difference Adebayor took the money which was fine but he started to put in half assed performance then fecked off at the first chance. I was an Adebayor fan before he left the club in the way he did. I even touted him to become better than Drogba until his massive ego got in the way.

Dog Toffee
10-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Its funny how many people want a player (like Nasri) to leave, just because of a few quotes in the paper, and then blame Wenger for not keeping onto our best players.

Nasri is class, we should be paying him near Cesc money tbh, their the same age and Nasri has many qualities that Cecs doesnt have- (pace, dribbling..)

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 09:43 AM
although I don't like to hear the so called 'quotes' I still think that Nasri can offer Arsenal a lot, but not out wide........in the beginning I thought that the truth behind the Nasri story was related to seeing what Cesc was going to do, Nasri would much prefer and would be better in the AM role which at the moment is Cesc's

if we can cash in on Cesc then there is no reason why Nasri cannot make that position his, he has tenacity and the skills to do well there. I rate Cesc very much and it would be hard to see him walk away but we know that the club cannot go through the same 'don't know what the hell is going on' roller coaster ride every year. If Nasri is to stay then we may not be able to keep Cesc or visa versa........it may not hurt to give Nasri more but this time I would tie him down with a similar length contract we got Cesc to sign and in hindsight that wass only done so we don't lose him to the Bosman ruling rather than Cesc having an intention of seeing it out!

GP
11-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Let him go if we wants to go.

Soon he'll come crawling back like a bird on it's belly.

north bank nutter
11-06-2011, 10:50 AM
There is no way we should sell Nasri to manure. Offer him a contract extension and if he declines send him to spain/italy. Arsenal should not be in the business of strengthening other premiership sides teams.

Nasri is a very good player who with ramsey and wilshere will make a very strong midfield trio.

milla
11-06-2011, 10:56 AM
There is no way we should sell Nasri to manure. Offer him a contract extension and if he declines send him to spain/italy. Arsenal should not be in the business of strengthening other premiership sides teams.

Nasri is a very good player who with ramsey and wilshere will make a very strong midfield trio.

It's a no brainer, Nasri is better than both combined. I think Nasri will sign the contract before the season start IMO, he is not as bad as GW potrayed him on this thread. :coffee:

north bank nutter
11-06-2011, 11:48 AM
It's a no brainer, Nasri is better than both combined. I think Nasri will sign the contract before the season start IMO, he is not as bad as GW potrayed him on this thread. :coffee:

Disagree about wilshere, he is a few years younger than nasri and has really come on last season. Ramsey hasnt got the experience he should have by now thanks to that thug shawcross. In any case, they all seem to complement each other.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Nasri is good and everyone knows that he has the ability to change the game, whether it is true or not I think that the bad vibes have come from what seems an abilty to not keep his mouth shut

think there is a game of poker going on hete and the Cesc situation is close to it
a Cesc transfer will free up money for salary and provide a larger transfer kitty

am I shouting from the rooftops for Cesc to go! No ...

but I dont think we are a bad team without him and I run the wrath of some by saying we could be better if we spend wisely

a combination of Nasri, Wilshere Ramsey or Song in the centre would not be a bad start

Özim
11-06-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd be disappointed to see Nasri going, I think he's very talented and last season showed some of that, a bit more experience and he could become very good.

If he decided the leave I wouldn't hold it against him either, as a club nothing changes from season to season, it must be frustrating for the better players with ambitions of success.

Wenger doesn't help himself or indeed his chances of keeping players with his stubborness and reluctance to change things when required.

Dog Toffee
12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Because hes the manager.

Force him? No but you can see why players want to leave and not play under a manager who doesnt have a clue. Nasri had a good couple of months indeed and then disappeared.

Is this the same Rooney who signed a new contract at Man Utd and is going to stay there for quite some time? Good comparison :good:

FFS. It wasnt a comparison, thats the point, I said Rooneys behaviour was far worse, Rooney said publicly that we was going to leave, forced united to pay him Ģ1 million a month a subsequentially put in average performances. Nasri has done nothing like that, and as I said he would, looks like signing a contract extension (fingers crossed).

Marc Overmars
12-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Rooney stopped being average after he signed his deal. He was one of the best in the league from January onwards to be fair.

Elreactor
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I donīt see the problem in Nasriīs being paid Fabregas wages. Heīs one of the best players in this short squad, plus the catalan is leaving, and hasnīt got much more quality than Nasri anyway, or at least he fails every time we need him to show it.

If Nasri leaves, who do we think will replace him? The poor Denilson? Itīs better to keep him with some of the highest salaries in the squad, according to his quality, than to spend the little money available in a replacement, who wouldnīt be nearly as good as Nasri. And if he goes to the mutd shit, of all the possible clubs, well then thereīs no point in replacing him or playing any idiot of the current crop in his position, it wonīt make any difference.

Pay the guy and dispose of all the deadwood asap.

Dog Toffee
13-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Rooney stopped being average after he signed his deal. He was one of the best in the league from January onwards to be fair.

Hardly. And its not exactly respectful to the club to only start playing after getting a insane pay-rise that the club can hardly afford with all the debt they have.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-06-2011, 12:16 PM
It's Wenger's policy, it wasn't enforced on him. He wouldn't get away with it anywhere else. ;)

This... End of the day Wenger would not get away with it at Barca or Real he knows here he can do what the feck he likes and no one will say anything.

LDG
14-06-2011, 01:31 PM
This... End of the day Wenger would not get away with it at Barca or Real he knows here he can do what the feck he likes and no one will say anything.

Oh do shut up.

Yes, it is his policy. Yes, the board are happy with that....but it has been drawn out as far as they can draw it out now. I fully expect a change of tact.

Dunno, maybe one day we'll thank him when the billionnaires piss off.

I'm not hanging him for this policy though. I'm more pissed off that he can't coach a defence, or teach players how to take a corner.

Yes, he could have spent more money, but in all honesty, the current crop should have won the league last year. There are other departments his managerial style is flawed, much more so than the fact he's not taken a punt in the transfer market.

Toronto Gooner
14-06-2011, 01:36 PM
he's not taken a punt in the transfer market.
Unless I am missing something, the actual window has not yet opened. Therefore it is premature to complain about the lack of a punt.

AKBapologist
14-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Unless I am missing something, the actual window has not yet opened. Therefore it is premature to complain about the lack of a punt.
Domestic signings have been possible since the last game of the season, international signings can only be ratified after july 1st, but are you seriously suggesting that he should wait until then to finish negotiations?

LDG
14-06-2011, 01:40 PM

I meant in general. Not specifically now....1st July I believe??

Toronto Gooner
14-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Domestic signings have been possible since the last game of the season, international signings can only be ratified after july 1st, but are you seriously suggesting that he should wait until then to finish negotiations?
Okay.

No I am not, but as many/most of Arsenal's transfers are done away from the glare of the media, we do not know what is going on right now. I sincerely hope that there are plenty of discussions taking place and that some of those are completed satisfactorily. Let's not forget that many of the footballers are away on holiday or picking up the pieces of their cancelled weddings.

Toronto Gooner
14-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I meant in general. Not specifically now....1st July I believe??
I was not certain whether you were being general or specific. I do agree that Arsenal (and Wenger) need to make a true statement of intent. In my opinion, the club, squad and fans need a signing of the quality and standing of a Bergkamp when he joined.

LDG
14-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I was not certain whether you were being general or specific. I do agree that Arsenal (and Wenger) need to make a true statement of intent. In my opinion, the club, squad and fans need a signing of the quality and standing of a Bergkamp when he joined.

Oh I agree. There are a few things we need with that though.

i) Defensive coaching
ii) More willingness to change and adapt within a game
iii) Change in mentality. 100% every game / winners attitude
iv) A much more bullish Arsene Wenger, who takes no shit from his players

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Okay.

No I am not, but as many/most of Arsenal's transfers are done away from the glare of the media,
The reason for that is not cos of Arsenals doing. Its cos the media dont have any interest that we buy these shite ass players from France

Alan B'stard
14-06-2011, 04:43 PM
So I guess you've all read the "quotes" from Nasri regarding his future at the club, you most likely heard Wenger mentioning that the stall on the new deal is down to Nasri wanting Cesc money and today I have read that Nasri will be waiting to see if the "man united rumours a re real and concrete" (regarding them making a bid for him).

IMO Nasri is an example of Wenger's failings as a manager, firstly lets not go over board, Nasri is a weasel and this should be expected, I felt he was a waste of money and bottled it when it came to crunch time, regarding his quality I may have been proven wrong during the middle parts of last season, however he proved he couldnt really step up to the plate when it was needed of him in the last 10 games of the season.

At any other time I would be happy to see this guy leave the club, but in spectacular Wenger fashion, this weasel has managed to get his contract down to where he only has 12 months left on it. It is abundently clear that Wenger doesnt learn from any mistakes on or off the pitch.

Wenger obviously felt confident that Nasri would sign an new deal and will still be confident of sorting out a new deal for him even if the season starts and he hasnt put pen to paper, but I belt he felt the same about Flamini and we all know how that turned out.

The fact that Nasri (and his agent) have found themselves in this position of power irritates me, the fact that Nasri can flirt with the possibilities of moving to Man U becasue he knows he is in the position of power shows a disrespect to the club and reveals what type of footballer he is.

If we can at least break even on him I would gladly let him go.

so youre saying this is wenger's fault for not renegotiating his contract last year. At which point he would have had to give a pay rise and tie in to a player most people on here (yourself included) were slagging off as an inconsistent slacker and major disappointment?

ok then.

Boss
14-06-2011, 04:46 PM
He's done it for numerous others including the likes of Denilson, Bendtner, Diaby etc... not sure why he wouldn't do it for one of his players with bigger potential and (more importantly) one of his players that cost 13M.

Darth Vela
14-06-2011, 04:52 PM
He's done it for numerous others including the likes of Denilson, Bendtner, Diaby etc... not sure why he wouldn't do it for one of his players with bigger potential and (more importantly) one of his players that cost 13M.

Probably cos they weren't demanding top money, they're on good wages no doubt but demanding to be paid the same as the best in our team on the back of 3 months of good form is in a different league to upgrading contracts that pay a fair bit less.

Boss
14-06-2011, 05:09 PM
To be fair to Wenger, I do remember quotes saying that he's been trying to sort out the Nasri situation for 2(?) years or so. To be fair to Nasri, I highly doubt he's asking for similar wages to Fabregas or that the main issue of his not signing on is a few extra thousand per week.

Like Cesc's situation before, I'd wager Nasri wants to be paid more (if the case) to compensate for the unlikeliness that we will win something soon.

Power n Glory
14-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Probably cos they weren't demanding top money, they're on good wages no doubt but demanding to be paid the same as the best in our team on the back of 3 months of good form is in a different league to upgrading contracts that pay a fair bit less.

Don't you think that's short sighted? Wouldn't it be more sensible to secure the future of your first team players and those worth more to the club? It's like going to the market and spending all your money on 'magic' beans. If we have a budget and plan carefully for projections as said at the AST meeting, then we should have sorted out the most valuable player contracts first and worked our way down. If there isn't enough left in the pot for Eboue and Rosicky then sell them on in the summer, which is what we're likely to do anyway.

Newguy
14-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Don't you think that's short sighted? Wouldn't it be more sensible to secure the future of your first team players and those worth more to the club? It's like going to the market and spending all your money on 'magic' beans. If we have a budget and plan carefully for projections as said at the AST meeting, then we should have sorted out the most valuable player contracts first and worked our way down. If there isn't enough left in the pot for Eboue and Rosicky then sell them on in the summer, which is what we're likely to do anyway.

Exactly, again i dont know how many times i need to stress this, but my problem isnt with the potential loss of Nasri, it's losing him for less money than we could and IMO should get. The only way we get the money we should is by making sure he has more than 12 months on his contract, especially when you consider the form of the club, it's not like in the past where we were winning trophies and top players wanted to extend their contract.

Alan B'stard
15-06-2011, 08:45 AM
got to say that 'parity with cesc' at 90k/week is a bit of a throwaway line. IF cesc is on 90k/week (and payiong 50% tax on it) he is earning far less at arsenal than he ccould earn elsewhere and youd exp[ect arsenal to have to up his wages to hve any hope of to keeping him.
If we cant do that then no point fucking around - move him on and rebuild with the cash ASAP

Dog Toffee
15-06-2011, 08:46 AM
The reason for that is not cos of Arsenals doing. Its cos the media dont have any interest that we buy these shite ass players from France

Yeah like Henry, Vieria, Nasri, Pires, Sagna, Petit, Lauren etc... Shite.

LDG
15-06-2011, 09:49 AM

:crying:

Man, come on Arsene. Do it just once more.

:unsure:

Hump
15-06-2011, 10:27 AM

Wot no Grimandi? :arry:

Power n Glory
15-06-2011, 12:23 PM
He told calciomercatoweb: "I want to clarify that there has been no break with the Gunners over the contract's renewal and we should meet again soon with Arsene Wenger. (http://topics.skysports.com/Arsene+Wenger/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6990308,00.html

The talks are still on.

LDG
15-06-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6990308,00.html

The talks are still on.

The talks are on, like donkey kong.

Cripps_orig
15-06-2011, 08:02 PM

We didnt buy Henry or Lauren from France :coffee:

Also a lot of good these players will do us now

Darth Vela
15-06-2011, 11:34 PM

I think we should pay players what they're worth not what they think they're worth. In principle, I think tying guys down to long term contracts and keeping it totted up is a fine idea, especially with first teamers but there's a line somewhere that giving a big upgrade for a slight increase in overall efficacy on the pitch falls pretty close to imo, that's only relevant to this season though, if we failed to look at the situation and start negotiating last summer then we were pretty negligent, I agree. In fact, looking back I don't even particularly agree with my own post, I'm gonna blame the hangover. :)

Darth Vela
15-06-2011, 11:36 PM
We didnt buy Henry or Lauren from France :coffee:

Also a lot of good these players will do us now

I dunno, we'd be better off with Henry instead of Bendtner, he puts away chances late on in games against Barca, right?

milla
16-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I dunno, we'd be better off with Henry instead of Bendtner, he puts away chances late on in games against Barca, right?

Henry missed a few during CL final 2006 against Barcelona :coffee:

Ernesto
16-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Conflicting reports today suggest that Nasri wants to stay so long as he gets paid Ģ6mil a year.

Who's he think he is? F***in Blofeld or something?!

Ironing
16-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Conflicting reports today suggest that Nasri wants to stay so long as he gets paid Ģ6mil a year.

Who's he think he is? F***in Blofeld or something?!

Conflicting reports suggesting the same thing eh?

People like are the reason the papers print bollocks and get away with it

Relax, muppet

Boss
16-06-2011, 11:35 AM
6M a year is nothing if we tie him down to a longer contract, given that it would add at least 10-15M to his valuation.

Sign him up, Arsene.

Alan B'stard
16-06-2011, 11:37 AM
6mill/year = 115 grand a week, more or less. ie what he's been asking for all along.

this shouldnt even count as news

Marc Overmars
16-06-2011, 11:39 AM
The little cunt better hit the ground running next season.

Ernesto
16-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Conflicting reports suggesting the same thing eh?

People like are the reason the papers print bollocks and get away with it

Relax, muppet

You're a bit of a dick, ain't ya...

See, I can do this name-calling shit as well.

LDG
16-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Cock.

Syn
16-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Lesbian fuckface imo.

Alan B'stard
16-06-2011, 01:19 PM
arent Kok and Dick the names of Martin Jol's brothers?

Ollie the Optimist
16-06-2011, 02:00 PM
The little cunt better hit the ground running next season.

this. if he doesnt, we gonna have an ade situation all over again

fakeyank
16-06-2011, 02:54 PM
this. if he doesnt, we gonna have an ade situation all over again

Of course Of course! We will score the goats!

Alan B'stard
17-06-2011, 10:00 AM
nasri / eto'o straight swap. hmm

Master Splinter
17-06-2011, 10:38 AM
nasri / eto'o straight swap. hmm
So Nasri becomes straight and Eto'o becomes the lesbian?

Alan B'stard
17-06-2011, 10:57 AM
not sure what movies you beenw atching mate. I was going with "nasri can stick his wage demands up his mum's arse, cos if we are paying that sort of money we'd rather have a league/CL winning CF."

Flavs
17-06-2011, 02:44 PM
here we go

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6994119,00.html

as he and his agent realise that if we dont sell them the last thing they want is people lighting torches.

selassie
17-06-2011, 02:49 PM
here we go

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6994119,00.html

as he and his agent realise that if we dont sell them the last thing they want is people lighting torches.

The damage has already been done.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-06-2011, 03:38 PM
guilty until proven innocent

Injury Time
17-06-2011, 04:08 PM
GW Law 1. http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/judge.gif

selassie
17-06-2011, 06:03 PM

I think it's safe to say Nasri's Agent has been hawking him around Europe over the past few weeks.

Of course he's free to do whatever he pleases for his client.

"Silent Samir" is Nasri's new nickname, he certainly wasn't airing statements such as "Don't believe the rumours" at the time when he was being linked with Man U, Inter et al.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2011, 12:10 PM
SAMIR NASRI cast further doubt on his Arsenal future last night after failing to confirm if he will sign a new deal.

The France star, 23, has just 12 months left on his contract and the Gunners will not let him sit it out and walk for nothing.
But he has once again spurned the chance to stop fans worrying by failing to give a clear answer on whether he will stay.
Winger Nasri said: "There is not much to say, apart from don't listen to all the rumours.
"Earlier in the season I spoke with the boss and we said we would talk during the summer, which is what we are going to do." Nasri insists Arsenal were the league's best team last season but failed because they were so desperate to win the title - not because they lacked the guts for a fight.
And he is adamant the North Londoners will finally end their six-year trophy drought provided Arsene Wenger spends this summer.
He added: "Our desire is so big that we rush things and make mistakes. It's not because we are scared but because we want to win so badly, we don't think enough.
"We had everything but if you look at it, every time we played to go top of the league, we never did.
"I feel we had the best squad and played the best football. If the boss adds some good players, I really believe a trophy will be won."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3645124/Samir-Nasri-fails-to-confirm-if-he-will-sign-a-new-deal-at-Arsenal.html#ixzz1Pd2n0s2M

Delusional

LDG
18-06-2011, 02:07 PM
What a crock of shite that article is.

He's basically saying he wants to stay provided we show some ambition.

Where do they get the headline from. And also that was a twitter quote from days ago.