PDA

View Full Version : Winter Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Let's buy all the players. :bow:

LDG
30-10-2013, 11:00 AM
And then sell them. Cos they're shit.

GP
30-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Roberts :pray:

The Ogg Monster
30-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Someone I met down the pub told me we will sign Ba.

Wenger really can put it away you know.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-10-2013, 11:57 AM
What's geoff saying? And gayfccamden?

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Which DM do u guys reckon would be good enough and available in january? Flamini have showed us the light, how bad we need to be playing with atleast one proper DM everytime, but we need one more of atleast Flamini quality.

LDG
30-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Which DM do u guys reckon would be good enough and available in january? Flamini have showed us the light, how bad we need to be playing with atleast one proper DM everytime, but we need one more of atleast Flamini quality.

It's not the position as such, it's the organisation he instructs, an dthe tempo he sets the side.

Arteta covers just as much ground, and has been fantastic, but the one drawback is that he doesn't set the tempo as quick as Flamini sets it.

That's what's missing at the moment. Tempo. And other attacking options, who are unfortunately injured at present.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 12:25 PM
It's not the position as such, it's the organisation he instructs, an dthe tempo he sets the side.

Arteta covers just as much ground, and has been fantastic, but the one drawback is that he doesn't set the tempo as quick as Flamini sets it.

That's what's missing at the moment. Tempo. And other attacking options, who are unfortunately injured at present.

I dont agree about Arteta, but thats another discussion :) My question still stands about who you guys think is good enough DM and could be available in january

GP
30-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Don't need one really. One of Arteta or Flamini is fine.

Munchies
30-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Let's hope this thread brings more joy than the other one :rose: .

If we only sign one player, I hope its a striker.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Time for Lukaku to come home.

Bumble
30-10-2013, 06:39 PM
I would he very surprised if we sign anyone decent.

I can't see us signing a striker as everyone has forgotten about sanogoo

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Dortmund would rather Lewandoski went anywhere but munich so if we put in a bid of around 15-20 million, i reckon they would accept and then get Arsene to give the same speech to him as he did with Ozil and job done

Özim
30-10-2013, 07:17 PM
I would he very surprised if we sign anyone decent.

I can't see us signing a striker as everyone has forgotten about sanogoo

Me too.

Not everyone, Wenger hasn't, he'll be like a new signing.

Özim
30-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Wenger has spent his money for the next 4 years.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2013, 07:27 PM
oh give it a rest. you spent the whole summer telling us wenger would never pay 40 million for a player. he did. don't now change and come up with some other bullshit claim you can't back up.

Özim
30-10-2013, 07:29 PM
We'll see what he spends, can't see him spending money in January though.

Yeah I didn't think he would spend 40 million I admit it, but he was probably backed into a corner with loads of fans ready to riot, that's never happened before. It's all calmed down now and everyone is largely content. Whilst it was a massive signing, it was a disastrous summer in reality only made bearable by some miracle signing at the end of the window.

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Hopefully France will start their millionaire taxes, so we can buy falcao in January :D Or maybe Liverpool will start on a losing streak after we beat them on saturday jinx jinx jinx, so Suarez stirs up some shit and demands to be sold because he wants to play european cup games.

But to be serious, i dont think we're going to buy in January unless our injuries keep going, since i think Wenger belives both Podolski and Walcott can do a job up front (with both Cazorla and Özil, i believe especially walcott could probably do some damage and give some much needed change in games were Giroud doesnt work out)

Master Splinter
30-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Ollie, we're not signing Lewandowski.

He's an RVC-esque cunt who's done the deal with Bayern already.

Suarez is the only super quality striker who's not playing in Europe really. And Falcao......

Master Splinter
30-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Or maybe Liverpool will start on a losing streak after we beat them on saturday jinx jinx jinx, so Suarez stirs up some shit and demands to be sold because he wants to play european cup games.

Hope this happens.

Grebbo
31-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Ozil wouldn't have joined us unless assurances were made that we are going to spend big again. No chance we land a player like him unless we tell him of our desire to spend cash... or "project" as some people call it.

Striker and DM are the most obvious requirements. Wenger's seen what Flamini brings and surely he'll be looking for his younger replacement.

Özim
31-10-2013, 10:41 AM
We wouldn't make guarantees on signings, we'd just sell him the vision IMO, so I'm not sure that's true.

We're being linked with Pato :doh: I hope this is BS cos he's absolute dogshite.

BOBN
31-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Ollie, we're not signing Lewandowski.

He's an RVC-esque cunt who's done the deal with Bayern already.

Suarez is the only super quality striker who's not playing in Europe really. And Falcao......
And I know Bayern are an attractive club but it comes across as cowardly and unambitious move, wheres the test? The modern footballer is a beta male who would walk over their own grandmothers to leave the second best team to join the first best. Why cant some of these "world class players" trust in their ability to elevate an already competitive side to that top tier. Reminds me of the RVP move, and thats why id never critise Falcao. Top move. Hes gone there for a challange, to be top dog and to elevate the club. This summer we heard Bale and Neymar sucking off Ronaldo and Messi respectively, talking about how theyd come to serve their masters.

Heres what Micheal Jordan said when Lebron James transfer to a "dream team" and subsequently had articles like this written about him http://uk.askmen.com/sports/business_250/255_lebron-james-is-a-coward.html

"There's no way that in hindsight now, I would have ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson], and said "hey, let's get together and play on one team." But things are different - I can't say that's a bad thing. That's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys and I don't know if they would have been on my team."

Modern footballers are cowards tbh.

Dein-machine
31-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Modern day quality players want quality players around them - its why I've never slagged of those who have left us to go onto bigger & better things ie Cashley, Cesc, Nasri & RVP. If we want to blame anyone, we need to blame our buying policy, simple as that. RVP almost single handedly kept us in the C.L, we did fuck all to help him or take the pressure off & people on here call him a cunt. Does anyone think Cashley regrets leaving us with what he has won since he left, what has Gibbs won. The signing of Ozil is the 1st statment that we are doing something to compete - finally. We need to back that up with others of his calibre & quickly. We seem to have an abundance of riches in midfield at the moment but we need that in defence & attack before we can truly start to win things. Example, this week League cup - attacking line up using cover players for the big 4. Man Utd = Young & Hernadez, Man City = Subotic & Dzeko, Chelsea = Eto & Mata, Arsenal = Bendtner & Miyachi - woeful.

GP
31-10-2013, 11:50 AM
thats why id never critise Falcao. Top move. Hes gone there for a challange, to be top dog and to elevate the club.

:haha:

Marc Overmars
31-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I agree with BOBN's sentiment but I'm not sure Falcao is the best example to use, given his "handlers" are probably calling the shots and making money off his back.

GP
31-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Obviously. He hasn't gone there for a challenge.

He's gone there for Half a million a week tax-free.

BOBN
31-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Yeah the money greased the wheels a bit but whats all this nonsense from the media that hes effectively retired early cos hes not joined a CL team. Er, hello. I think Falcao trusts himself to wipe the floor with a few Frenchies and drag Monaco right there.

I wanted to see articles about Nasri and RVP like the one about Lebron James in Askmen but no, the media actively encourage this sort of cowardice.

Suarez to us would have been pretty brave too. Hes thinking "with me these could win the league" but all the media concentrated on was "Arsenal iz only in da top 4 lolz". What so a man can only join a team on top of the fooking thing? He cant aid anything?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-10-2013, 12:27 PM

At times I sense that suddenly Flamini can actually do no wrong. Every goal we concede when he is not there is exactly because he isn't there and a lot of the goals we concede when he is there is swept aside, lol. Whilst I like Flamini's impact on the team, particularly his willingness to constantly communicate I feel like past players like Song and Arteta have at times got a bit of a rough deal. Playing in the holding role, they were constantly cited in reasons for our goals against (despite individual errors emanating from others), whilst people seem a lot more willing to ignore the fact we have conceded too many goals this season with Flamini there because we have generally won games.

In past seasons we were a lot higher up on the individual error count and this season we have done better on that front, so the teams performances generally look better. Small changes like Kos and Merts combining well together, Ramsey coming of age, Szczesny really knuckling down and focusing have helped as well as Flamini. That much is apparent from the run of results we put together at the back end of last season.

I do think we need to start looking at a long term successor to playing the DCM role or the key role in the 'double pivot', which neither Flamini nor Arteta are. I think that is why we were looking at Bender, Gundogan and the Brazilian fella who's name I forget at Wolfsburg.

Hopefully France will start their millionaire taxes, so we can buy falcao in January :D Or maybe Liverpool will start on a losing streak after we beat them on saturday jinx jinx jinx, so Suarez stirs up some shit and demands to be sold because he wants to play european cup games.

But to be serious, i dont think we're going to buy in January unless our injuries keep going, since i think Wenger belives both Podolski and Walcott can do a job up front (with both Cazorla and Özil, i believe especially walcott could probably do some damage and give some much needed change in games were Giroud doesnt work out)

I think we should keep a serious eye on Falcao, given his situation. I don't necessarily think Wenger will need to wheel out the same speech he did for Ozil. Every player is different and Wenger knew Ozil personally as it was his third or so attempt at signing him.

Our ambition doesn't need to be talked up so much having just spent 42.5 million on one of the best players in the world only months ago and (possibly) sitting top of the league or thereabouts......

BOBN
31-10-2013, 12:43 PM
RVP almost single handedly kept us in the C.L, we did fuck all to help him or take the pressure off & people on here call him a cunt.
He played with a prime Fabregas and a prime Nasri. Not our fault he reserved his best football for when they left, maybe he was scared of Fabregas' presence. Also if hed done something in the 07/08 season we'd have won the league.

Also, if hed hung on and played with Cazorla hed have had another big chance.

Id fooking luv it if Manchester miss out on the top 4 this season.

Dein-machine
31-10-2013, 01:00 PM
He played with a prime Fabregas and a prime Nasri. Not our fault he reserved his best football for when they left, maybe he was scared of Fabregas' presence. Also if hed done something in the 07/08 season we'd have won the league.

Also, if hed hung on and played with Cazorla hed have had another big chance.

Id fooking luv it if Manchester miss out on the top 4 this season.

Well he won the league for the Mancs last year & wasn't scared of the likes of Rooney - not sure RVP is scared of anyone, his arrogance is like Bentders but justified. Why would he have hung on for another year at he's age, false promises of good times ahead from Wumger & the board can only last so long. I'm sure we're all with you on the Mancs missing out on top 4 this year.

selassie
31-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Modern day quality players want quality players around them - its why I've never slagged of those who have left us to go onto bigger & better things ie Cashley, Cesc, Nasri & RVP. If we want to blame anyone, we need to blame our buying policy, simple as that. RVP almost single handedly kept us in the C.L, we did fuck all to help him or take the pressure off & people on here call him a cunt. Does anyone think Cashley regrets leaving us with what he has won since he left, what has Gibbs won. The signing of Ozil is the 1st statment that we are doing something to compete - finally. We need to back that up with others of his calibre & quickly. We seem to have an abundance of riches in midfield at the moment but we need that in defence & attack before we can truly start to win things. Example, this week League cup - attacking line up using cover players for the big 4. Man Utd = Young & Hernadez, Man City = Subotic & Dzeko, Chelsea = Eto & Mata, Arsenal = Bendtner & Miyachi - woeful.

:gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-10-2013, 01:45 PM

Young? Most Man Utd fans hate him. Subotic plays for Dortmund, assuming you mean Jovetic, who is perennially injured. Bendtner might be cover, currently, fair enough, Ryo only played because it was the COC. Eto'o is an old man now.

JonasTC
31-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I think its unfair to say that Bendtner and Ryo is our cover, when we have Podolski, Ox and Walcott injured.

Normally our back-up attack would be something like; ox, wilshere, rosicky & podolski.

JonasTC
31-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah the money greased the wheels a bit but whats all this nonsense from the media that hes effectively retired early cos hes not joined a CL team. Er, hello. I think Falcao trusts himself to wipe the floor with a few Frenchies and drag Monaco right there.

I wanted to see articles about Nasri and RVP like the one about Lebron James in Askmen but no, the media actively encourage this sort of cowardice.

Suarez to us would have been pretty brave too. Hes thinking "with me these could win the league" but all the media concentrated on was "Arsenal iz only in da top 4 lolz". What so a man can only join a team on top of the fooking thing? He cant aid anything?

I kinda agree with you about Falcao, i do believe that he went there for the money, but fact is, right now he is topscorer in the french league and are 2. with monaco which means CL football next year.

GP
31-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I kinda agree with you about Falcao, i do believe that he went there for the money, but fact is, right now he is topscorer in the french league and are 2. with monaco which means CL football next year.

That's because the French league is shit.

Why is that more of a challenge then the club he was already at?

Syn
31-10-2013, 02:59 PM

It's not. But shit wums gonna wum shit.

BOBN
31-10-2013, 03:17 PM

La Liga is shyt too. Its too bent in favour of the big 2 to hang around if you are anti-establishment. This Falcao is the Che Gervara of football the more I think about it. Top top move.

GP
31-10-2013, 03:22 PM
La Liga is shyt too. Its too bent in favour of the big 2 to hang around if you are anti-establishment. This Falcao is the Che Gervara of football the more I think about it. Top top move.

So he bailed out of a challenge to be a flat-track bully?

I see.

BOBN
31-10-2013, 04:31 PM
So he bailed out of a challenge to be a flat-track bully?

I see.
La Liga is beyond a challange. So corrupted in favour of the big 2 its beyond a sport. Falcao being a man of the people had to leave.

And going head to head with the best player in the world in Ibrahimovic is not bad for a challenge by the way let me tell you.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-10-2013, 04:35 PM
He isn't the best player in the world in my view and if he is, he was rather lukewarm in the shyt league that Spain is.

Dein-machine
31-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I think its unfair to say that Bendtner and Ryo is our cover, when we have Podolski, Ox and Walcott injured.

Normally our back-up attack would be something like; ox, wilshere, rosicky & podolski.

Fair point - does this mean lack of injuries in the future means we have seen the last of the great Dane?

GP
31-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Hopefully.

Injuries are the only reason he's played at all.

LDG
31-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Fair point - does this mean lack of injuries in the future means we have seen the last of the great Dane?

We can but hope.

It's a shame, as I think the lad had potential when younger and fitter. People forget that he actually had a decent touch, and what he could have become was not to disimilar to what Giroud is now.

But he's a twat, and he's also fat, which means he's cooked himself.

Time to go and waste away on someone else's wage bill.

Dein-machine
31-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Young? Most Man Utd fans hate him. Subotic plays for Dortmund, assuming you mean Jovetic, who is perennially injured. Bendtner might be cover, currently, fair enough, Ryo only played because it was the COC. Eto'o is an old man now.

Agree on Young but he's a good COC player & I think United fans would rather seem him play in that competition to give others a rest. Thanks for correction on the -----tic, knew if was one of them!. Understand Ryo only played because it was COC but we were obviously taking it semi serious with the midfield we played & therefore unfair on all of them. Had we played an inexperienced midfield with the likes of Olsen & Eisfeld then Ryo probably wouldn't have looked so useless. Didn't help the poor kid that had a stationary Bendtner to assist him. Yes Eto is an old man but his movement made Bendtner look like a 90 year old.

BOBN
31-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Arsenal are making a move for Lazio veteran Miroslav Klose.

The Germany international, 35, comes off contract in June and is preparing to leave Italy in the summer.

Klose has considered moving to MLS, but also has stated ambitions of moving to England.

Corriere della Sera says Arsenal are in contact with Klose's minders about the prospect of a pre-contract agreement in January.
:sick:

Were taking this German lark too far now.

Dein-machine
31-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Germany UTD of North London - wonder if Beckenbaur can do us a turn in defence. Bet he's not much slower than Merts.

Munchies
31-10-2013, 05:33 PM
:sick:

Were taking this German lark too far now.

He can score goals.

Definitely an upgrade on Bendtner though so :good:

GP
31-10-2013, 05:39 PM
We won't sign Klose.

Syn
31-10-2013, 05:43 PM
We won't sign Klose.

Might as well moan about it though.

Munchies
01-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Monaco consider £34million January swoop for Arsenal ace Walcott

French giants Monaco are considering a €40million (£34m) January swoop for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott.

The England international has been sidelined with an abdominal strain and has not played since the Gunners’ 2-1 victory over Marseille in September.

But manager Arsene Wenger is unlikely to let the 24-year-old leave the club while Walcott is believed to be happy to stay at Arsenal.

Monaco, whose summer signings included Falcao and Joao Moutinho, lie second in Ligue 1, tied with Paris Saint-Germain.

That is literally all that there is in the article by DailyMail :pal: .

I_Killed_Kenny
01-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Take that and slap the lot on rues

Penguin
01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
There's no way that can be true :haha:

Özim
01-11-2013, 09:18 AM
£34 million, yes please!

BOBN
01-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Would make Monaco CL contenders. Final piece in the jigsaw.

Also would kill our title hopes.

Özim
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
:lol: Yeah Lolcott isn't making anyone CL contenders he's not at that level.

JonasTC
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
:lol: Yeah Lolcott isn't making anyone CL contenders he's not at that level.

Yeaaa... those 20 goals and 20 assist a season sucks! haha..... :doh:

Özim
01-11-2013, 12:58 PM
He's not top class and never will be. Good player but not the type of player who is turning anyone into CL contenders.

I'd take 34 million for him, for that money we should be able to buy someone of top quality.

Dr Singh
01-11-2013, 04:55 PM
And I know Bayern are an attractive club but it comes across as cowardly and unambitious move, wheres the test? The modern footballer is a beta male who would walk over their own grandmothers to leave the second best team to join the first best. Why cant some of these "world class players" trust in their ability to elevate an already competitive side to that top tier. Reminds me of the RVP move, and thats why id never critise Falcao. Top move. Hes gone there for a challange, to be top dog and to elevate the club. This summer we heard Bale and Neymar sucking off Ronaldo and Messi respectively, talking about how theyd come to serve their masters.

Heres what Micheal Jordan said when Lebron James transfer to a "dream team" and subsequently had articles like this written about him http://uk.askmen.com/sports/business_250/255_lebron-james-is-a-coward.html

"There's no way that in hindsight now, I would have ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson], and said "hey, let's get together and play on one team." But things are different - I can't say that's a bad thing. That's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys and I don't know if they would have been on my team."

Modern footballers are cowards tbh.

Brilliant post.

Completely agree. Lewendowski is a pussy, just like that twerp Gotze. Dortmund aren't far from assembling a pretty dreamy squad themselves. Their fans and stadium are probably the best I've seen.

Lewendowski, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Gotze, Gundogan, Bender, Hummels, Subotic would have been an absolutely insane group of players to base your squad around. It's hardly a surprise they won the German league recently. If those two idiots had some balls, they could have made a legendary team and immortalised themselves forever in German football history. Instead they sold out, threw it all away, and will be forgotten as quickly as anyone.

Ollie the Optimist
01-11-2013, 06:13 PM
they can have Theo if they give us Falcao

Master Splinter
01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Falcao would be ideal back-up for Giroud, along with Lewandowski.

JonasTC
04-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Alot of rumours going around about Pato, injuries and the italian circus ruined his time en Europe, but still managed to get a decent scoring record for Milan. Havent seen any pricetags, but with the brazilian economy not being the best it cant be much more than 10-12mil, for that price i would say go for it.

Unai Tea
04-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Alot of rumours going around about Pato, injuries and the italian circus ruined his time en Europe, but still managed to get a decent scoring record for Milan. Havent seen any pricetags, but with the brazilian economy not being the best it cant be much more than 10-12mil, for that price i would say go for it.

They only signed him last year for £12.8m so would expect any fee to be closer to the £15m mark. He's only 24 though and very experienced. Worth a chance I think considering there are few viable high-quality strikers on the market in January

JonasTC
04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Add in that he can play in european cup games for us, and there aint many choices left.

Munchies
04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Frimpong is set to be loaned out in Turkey in Jan, his contract is up in the summer.

:wave:

fakeyank
04-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Pato would be an excellent signing. The fact that he can play CL games (if we are involved in that) then it seems like a great piece of business!

Munchies
05-11-2013, 01:34 PM
The only issues with him are his fitness/injuries really, but when things are going for him, he is world class.

Özim
05-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Pato is sh*t, was always very overrated, really did very little to merit his reputation.

Özim
05-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Frimpong is set to be loaned out in Turkey in Jan, his contract is up in the summer.

Oh noes :yikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmkb_5sNnE

Syn
05-11-2013, 01:48 PM

Hopefully the Turks are more tolerant than Wenger towards those of colour.

Penguin
05-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Pato is sh*t, was always very overrated, really did very little to merit his reputation.
I agree that he was overrated but he does have talent. He's one of those players that it could be worth a gamble on. Especially since he's available in January and not cup tied.

AFC Leveller
06-11-2013, 07:47 AM
We need a striker/wide attacker like Suarez, someone who takes on players, makes space for himself and can do it in the tight games. Remy might not be in that class yet but id love us to go for him, scores goals for fun (6 for the bar codes already) and has pace, something we lack right now.

KSE Comedy Club
06-11-2013, 08:41 AM
I saw a rumour that bendtner is off in January.
Thankfully.

If that's the case then a striker has to be top priority surely

Marc Overmars
06-11-2013, 01:59 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11899/9011146/robert-lewandowski-has-confirmed-he-has-decided-who-he-will-join-in-the-summer

Lewandowski has already chosen his next club apparently.

Fist of Lehmann
06-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Seems like a dick.

And if we're buying a dick, I'd rather we go for a top, top exceptional dick.

Syn
06-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Everyone knows he's off to Bayern. What we need is a much better version of Giroud and I'm not sure he is. We need a top creative striker. We obviously need better backup than Bendtner but that backup would be Giroud with a good signing. From my limited viewings of hipster choice footballers, I propose than we sign out of favour El Shaarawy who can eventually turn into a world class player. Or the cheap option would be to turn Gnabry into a centre forward.

Zerlathon
06-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Nothing is set in stone, and I do believe that Arsenal are (at present) a very tempting option.

I would be very happy with either Lewandowski or El Shaarawy.

Penguin
06-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Buy Lewandowski at all costs. I don't care if we have to sell that cunt Giroud to fund it. :coffee:

milla
06-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Everyone knows he's off to Bayern. What we need is a much better version of Giroud and I'm not sure he is. We need a top creative striker. We obviously need better backup than Bendtner but that backup would be Giroud with a good signing. From my limited viewings of hipster choice footballers, I propose than we sign out of favour El Shaarawy who can eventually turn into a world class player. Or the cheap option would be to turn Gnabry into a centre forward.

One of El Shaarawy, Pato or Balotelli would do IMO. There is another kid in Dutch league but I don't remember his name. :coffee:

Munchies
11-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Looks like Wojciech Szczesny is sharing a room with Robert Lewandowski on Polish international duty

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1454609_248966611924736_942050710_n.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYzUC9hCAAARiyN.jpg:large

January signing ? :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Hope Ches realises scissors beats paper.

BOBN
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM
One of El Shaarawy, Pato or Balotelli would do IMO. There is another kid in Dutch league but I don't remember his name. :coffee:
3 nice suggestions tbh. Would take any of them.

Suarez is gone, and Falcao and Ibrahimovic are too expensive. All the other established strikers in the world are pretty shit. We need to take a punt on somebody like these who have the potential to become top top top.

Master Splinter
11-11-2013, 05:18 PM
El Shaarawy could play in different positions too, which would be ideal.

So could Jay Rodriguez tbf........

McNamara That Ghost...
11-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Time for Rossi. :pray:

Master Splinter
11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Or indeed, just buy Rossi.

Who'd be out for the three seasons as soon as he stepped into England.

Penguin
11-11-2013, 05:49 PM
I would take Balotelli if it was just on footballing ability but he annoys the fuck out of me. I wouldn't want to watch him in an Arsenal shirt week in week out.

Munchies
11-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Anyone seen Luis Muriel ? Been mentioned a fair bit

I am invisible
12-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Anyone seen Luis Muriel ? Been mentioned a fair bit

Heard his name mentioned, don't really know anything about him - any good?

I am invisible
12-11-2013, 09:48 AM
I'd say no to Balotelli, personally - good player, but seems like a step back to that kind of sulky, self-obsessed individual that we've worked so hard to eradicate from the squad. Great to watch when they're on form and in the mood, but they just never seem to handle any kind of set-back or adversity well...

Munchies
12-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Germany international Marco Reus does have a release clause in his contract.

Dortmund executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has acknowledged there is a clause in Reus' contract, with reports putting the figure in the region of €35million (£29.4m).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11899/9021767/borussia-dortmund-attacker-marco-reus-does-have-release-clause-in-his-contract

GP
12-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Sign him up!

Marc Overmars
12-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Must get of all must gets.

Munchies
12-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Moyes will probably offer them Kagawa in exchange plus some money on top, but if we bid the clause, its down to him choosing Wenger/Ozil/BFG/Pods/Rosicky or Moyes ...

Imagine Reus and Lewandowski in Jan :popcorn:

GP
12-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Moyes will probably offer them Kagawa in exchange plus some money on top, but if we bid the clause, its down to him choosing Wenger/Ozil/BFG/Pods/Rosicky or Moyes ...

Imagine Reus and Lewandowski in Jan :popcorn:

Moyes doesn't need him, he has Anderson and Jones...

milla
12-11-2013, 11:56 AM
:lol:

It would be hard to move Reus from Dortmund. Dortmund is his boyhood club (he is still a fan), unless we offer him a lot of money etc he won't come here. I could see Ozil/BFG/Pods/Rosicky factor would influence him but not that much IMO. As for ManU? small chance IMO. If he would care about his football career, he would stay away from Citeh, Chelsea, Monaco, PSG etc. :coffee:

Syn
12-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Reckon Dortmund won't get the release clause for him. Will go for £15-20m rather than £30m.

milla
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Reckon Dortmund won't get the release clause for him. Will go for £15-20m rather than £30m.

£15 mil is what they paid to Mönchengladbach. They will get at least £30 million IMO, Reus is as good if not better than Gotze. :coffee:

Penguin
12-11-2013, 12:27 PM
In explaining his dynamic style of play, Reus reveals that: "My idol was always Tomas Rosicky [who played at Dortmund for five years before joining Arsenal in 2006]. He used to be phenomenal. He had such a good eye for an opening and knew where his team-mates were, and he was so quick. Rosicky had great technique and was so intelligent and mature even though he was still young at Dortmund. I copied everything about him – right down to his sweatbands. He was so unlucky he had bad injuries at Arsenal because, otherwise, he would be one of the world's best players."

Has Reus seen much of Jack Wilshere? The young German nods vigorously and his eyes open wide. "A perfect player," he says. Reus leans forward, across the table, and switches to conspiratorial English. "Boy, he's fucking good," he says of Wilshere. "He's so quick and skillful with the ball at his feet."
Put old man Tomas in charge of the negotiations :bow:

selassie
12-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Germany international Marco Reus does have a release clause in his contract.

Dortmund executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has acknowledged there is a clause in Reus' contract, with reports putting the figure in the region of €35million (£29.4m).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11899/9021767/borussia-dortmund-attacker-marco-reus-does-have-release-clause-in-his-contract

That's pocket money for a player of his ability, we would be crazy not to try and make a push for him.

He's a brilliant player IMO, could play out wide or even as a Central Striker in our system.

milla
12-11-2013, 02:29 PM
That's pocket money for a player of his ability, we would be crazy not to try and make a push for him.

He's a brilliant player IMO, could play out wide or even as a Central Striker in our system.

Yeah, he could play anywhere up front in our system, brilliant player. We will stick with Bendtner and Mr Postman though. :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Have we not got enough creative attacking midfielders :coffee:

Save the money for a top striker.

Özim
12-11-2013, 02:41 PM
We iz signing Benzema and Llorrente I as seen it in the papers.

milla
12-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Have we not got enough creative attacking midfielders :coffee:

Save the money for a top striker.

He is a striker :good:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Time for Rossi. :pray:

I always quite fancied Rossi....probably because I see a little of Bergkamp in him. Seems to be over his injuries too...

Reus is a sensational player, although I don't actually see Wenger signing him.

Master Splinter
12-11-2013, 03:03 PM

He's exactly the same as Ozil, Cazorla, Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey and all our other attacking midfield midgets.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM

So he isn't :good:

JonasTC
12-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Cant see us buying Reus, if Wenger wanted a really fast right-footed inside forward with a good shot on left wing, he would have put Walcott over there years ago.

Marc Overmars
12-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Think Reus would be an amazing option for us. We've talked a lot this season about needing some runners and this guy is as good as they come for that.

milla
12-11-2013, 05:53 PM
He's exactly the same as Ozil, Cazorla, Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey and all our other attacking midfield midgets.

Did you watch his pre Dortmund career? The only reason he is on the left/right flank for Dortmund is to accommodate Lewandowski. :coffee:

JonasTC
12-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Did you watch his pre Dortmund career? The only reason he is on the left/right flank for Dortmund is to accommodate Lewandowski. :coffee:

Are you sure he was a striker? He's scoring more goals for Dortmund, than he did before, but cant find any information about it, so its an honest question.

But his rolemodel being Rosicky, us having a bunch of awesome germans and he has a fairly cheap buy-out clause (compaired to todays standards), i would say we should go all in for him

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-11-2013, 11:11 PM
It would appear a strange move given he could have had Remy who is starting to look a very smart move for Newcastle. Reus/Remy are infinitely more productive than Gervais.

It hasn't escaped me that he is doing well at Roma, but it shouldn't have escaped our attention that the Italian league is different to our own....and one in which Erik Lamela was exceptional in and is now struggling....

Our prime targets in the summer were a forward and a DCM so I would be surprised if the target is now a left winger (and let's face it, that is where he is most likely to play) especially as it might mean Cazorla and Podolski, previously first team players last season are now subs.

GP
12-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Well, there's a very good reason he didn't go for Remy.

I am invisible
13-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Reus would definitely be a left sided attacker for us - haven't seen too much of his pre-Dortmund days, but from what I've seen since he looks tailor-made for that role (and is one of the few forwards around who seems to 'get' that that's where most of the more traditional striking now happens in a modern 433 system, that plays around a big target man or false 9).

Hmmm... if the chance was there to sign him, I'm honestly not sure what I'd do? On the one hand it would be a bit of a luxury move (once everyone's fit), and not really one that we really need in terms of numbers (not to mention it would be incredibly hard on whoever makes way for him, and someone would have to make way)? But on the other, we're fast moving towards a place where the only things that will really improve us are upgrades and luxury buys, and, if he's that much better than what we currently have in his area, then we really do need to consider it. For me, a lot of it will hinge on who we get as a second striker - if we're lucky enough to get someone like Suarez who can literally do any job across all 3 forward positions to a world-class standard, then it's probably not necessary, but if we end up going for someone who is purely a CF, and outright competition for Giroud (as seems more likely), then I wouldn't mind seeing us go for a second player at the same time, and add a bit more punch to the wide areas as well as the middle - probably being greedy there, but, you know... f--k it! We're worth it...

Özim
13-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Well, there's a very good reason he didn't go for Remy.

Because we had Bendtner?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Reus would definitely be a left sided attacker for us - haven't seen too much of his pre-Dortmund days, but from what I've seen since he looks tailor-made for that role (and is one of the few forwards around who seems to 'get' that that's where most of the more traditional striking now happens in a modern 433 system, that plays around a big target man or false 9).

Hmmm... if the chance was there to sign him, I'm honestly not sure what I'd do? On the one hand it would be a bit of a luxury move (once everyone's fit), and not really one that we really need in terms of numbers (not to mention it would be incredibly hard on whoever makes way for him, and someone would have to make way)? But on the other, we're fast moving towards a place where the only things that will really improve us are upgrades and luxury buys, and, if he's that much better than what we currently have in his area, then we really do need to consider it. For me, a lot of it will hinge on who we get as a second striker - if we're lucky enough to get someone like Suarez who can literally do any job across all 3 forward positions to a world-class standard, then it's probably not necessary, but if we end up going for someone who is purely a CF, and outright competition for Giroud (as seems more likely), then I wouldn't mind seeing us go for a second player at the same time, and add a bit more punch to the wide areas as well as the middle - probably being greedy there, but, you know... f--k it! We're worth it...

Depends what Rosicky does too. His contract runs out in the summer.

I am invisible
13-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Depends what Rosicky does too. His contract runs out in the summer.

True - even if he does stay on (and I hope he does), I suppose you have to be thinking that he's 33 now, and maybe won't feature quite so regularly from this point onwards?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Dunno. He's the hardest work in the team bar Ramsey and still has an engine on him. The fact he missed so many years out injured means he hasn't 'used up' his footballing years yet, as to speak. He has plenty more to offer. He could be our very own Giggs.

Marc Overmars
13-11-2013, 12:33 PM
I hope he decides to stay on, he's a reliable player to have around. His body seems to be holding up well despite all the injuries.

LDG
13-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Me too.

That said, we'll all be cursing Wenget when Super Tom signs a new deal, and then gets injured for a year.

The hindsight of GW is a force to be reckoned with.

I am invisible
13-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I'd absolutely offer him a new deal, and Sagna and Arteta (when it comes to it) too - all 3 are experienced assets that are worth keeping at the club. But, all the same, it still doesn't change the fact that we'll need to start thinking about life beyond them at some point, and probably sooner rather than later. If the opportunity comes along to bring in a long-term, world-class successor (or even a world-class option in another area that allows us to shuffle the pack) then I think we need to be considering it...

Özim
13-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I like Rosicky and think he's a very good player, even though he's getting older, but personally I wouldn't give him a new contract as he's too injury prone and can't really be relied on for a whole season. Pretty much every season he's out injured for an extended period and our squad just can't cope with it, for this reason i'd replace him with someone younger and less injury prone.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on.

The Ogg Monster
13-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Come on guys we all like discussing transfers but Wenger will ONLY be signing an out and out striker if anyone in Jan. Reus, no way, with Ox Theo Podolski all due back we are overloaded in attacking midfield. I do not want that cunt Suarez even tho that will never happen, thank god, but we need an out n out goalscorer. Who? Ill leave that decision in the capable hands of mr Wenger.

I am invisible
13-11-2013, 03:58 PM
I reckon we'd probably be eying someone like Draxler more than Reus anyway, and in the summer rather than Jan (at the earliest) - I'm thinking more long term here than what we need to see us through the season.

Striker definitely has to come first though...

Master Splinter
13-11-2013, 04:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jmmpXCd.jpg

It's on!

I am invisible
13-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Big time.

JonasTC
13-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Dunno. He's the hardest work in the team bar Ramsey and still has an engine on him. The fact he missed so many years out injured means he hasn't 'used up' his footballing years yet, as to speak. He has plenty more to offer. He could be our very own Giggs.

Was gonna say the same thing, Giggs is what, 6 years older than Rosicky? Rosicky looking really fit and working his ass off everytime he plays. I think its a nobrainer to offer him atleast 2 years more, unless the medical team are afraid he will die again.

Özim
13-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Was gonna say the same thing, Giggs is what, 6 years older than Rosicky? Rosicky looking really fit and working his ass off everytime he plays. I think its a nobrainer to offer him atleast 2 years more, unless the medical team are afraid he will die again.

Yeah but Giggs doesn't spend 1/2 his time on the treatment table, Rosicky does and has throughout his 7 years with us. It's definitely not a no brainer, just look at how injuries hamper us every season and Rosicky is part and parcel of that (If the medical team don't think he's injury prone and likely to be injured then they will be confirming what we already know, that they are clueless).

IMO it's time to wave goodbye to him, good player on his day but you just can't rely on him to stay fit, it's time we tried to stop this injury crisis we have every season.

fakeyank
13-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah but Giggs doesn't spend 1/2 his time on the treatment table, Rosicky does and has throughout his 7 years with us. It's definitely not a no brainer, just look at how injuries hamper us every season and Rosicky is part and parcel of that (If the medical team don't think he's injury prone and likely to be injured then they will be confirming what we already know, that they are clueless).

IMO it's time to wave goodbye to him, good player on his day but you just can't rely on him to stay fit, it's time we tried to stop this injury crisis we have every season.

Exactly! Its like saying Diaby hasnt used up his last 6 years, so when he comes back, we offer him a 12 year deal since he is only 21 years old footballistically! :lol:

fakeyank
13-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Come on guys we all like discussing transfers but Wenger will ONLY be signing an out and out striker if anyone in Jan. Reus, no way, with Ox Theo Podolski all due back we are overloaded in attacking midfield. I do not want that cunt Suarez even tho that will never happen, thank god, but we need an out n out goalscorer. Who? Ill leave that decision in the capable hands of mr Wenger.

Pato :good:

fakeyank
13-11-2013, 08:25 PM
I'd absolutely offer him a new deal, and Sagna and Arteta (when it comes to it) too - all 3 are experienced assets that are worth keeping at the club. But, all the same, it still doesn't change the fact that we'll need to start thinking about life beyond them at some point, and probably sooner rather than later. If the opportunity comes along to bring in a long-term, world-class successor (or even a world-class option in another area that allows us to shuffle the pack) then I think we need to be considering it...

Sagna- Absolutely!
Arteta- Sure thing
Rosicky- No

GP
13-11-2013, 08:28 PM

Absolutely. No question, sign him up.

Power n Glory
13-11-2013, 08:31 PM
I like Rosicky and think he's a very good player, even though he's getting older, but personally I wouldn't give him a new contract as he's too injury prone and can't really be relied on for a whole season. Pretty much every season he's out injured for an extended period and our squad just can't cope with it, for this reason i'd replace him with someone younger and less injury prone.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on.

I can't agree with that at all. He's perfect for the squad and we really need to stop chopping away at our experienced players. He's a squad player and a quality squad player at that. Would prefer to see him on the bench or used in odd games to give key midfield players a rest. We'll be lucky to find a player that can play at his level. He does well to fill in when we have injuries and he's okay with being rotated. Where else are we going to get that? We need to keep him around.

Özim
13-11-2013, 08:46 PM
I can't agree with that at all. He's perfect for the squad and we really need to stop chopping away at our experienced players. He's a squad player and a quality squad player at that. Would prefer to see him on the bench or used in odd games to give key midfield players a rest. We'll be lucky to find a player that can play at his level. He does well to fill in when we have injuries and he's okay with being rotated. Where else are we going to get that? We need to keep him around.

I'm not debating his quality as he is very good, but his fitness record is appauling, he can barely be considered a squad player with the amount of time he's spent on the treatment table, where was he last Sunday when we needed him, you guessed it.....out!

Sometimes you have to use your head, our injury record for as long as I can remember has been terrible, we always seems to have 4-5 players out and that's then used as an excuse as to why it's hard for us to compete, well this is easily sorted, start by getting rid of the injury prone players, it's no guarantee but it will certainly improve our chances of having a largely fit squad.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-11-2013, 08:57 PM

So you want an out and out goalscorer but you don't want Suarez? :haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Exactly! Its like saying Diaby hasnt used up his last 6 years, so when he comes back, we offer him a 12 year deal since he is only 21 years old footballistically! :lol:

You don't want to give Rosicky a new contract because he's injury prone but then you name Pato? :haha: :haha:

milla
13-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Reus is out an out goalscorer. :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-11-2013, 09:01 PM

Spot on.

Master Splinter
13-11-2013, 09:18 PM

No, he's a midget fancy attacking midfielder whom Arsenal have plenty of already.

Master Splinter
13-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Spot on.

Hard to disagree.

GP
13-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Exactly right.

Özim
13-11-2013, 09:47 PM
So it's agreed Rosicky is injury prone and old and we should get rid.

Glad we sorted that out.

milla
13-11-2013, 09:56 PM
So it's agreed Rosicky is injury prone and old and we should get rid.

Glad we sorted that out.

No :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
13-11-2013, 10:39 PM

Dennis Nilsen was by all accounts a good cook. But I wouldn't want to go round his gaff for dinner.

milla
13-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Dennis Nilsen was by all accounts a good cook. But I wouldn't want to go round his gaff for dinner.

He'll make a pork chops out of you mate :coffee:

Power n Glory
13-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm not debating his quality as he is very good, but his fitness record is appauling, he can barely be considered a squad player with the amount of time he's spent on the treatment table, where was he last Sunday when we needed him, you guessed it.....out!

Sometimes you have to use your head, our injury record for as long as I can remember has been terrible, we always seems to have 4-5 players out and that's then used as an excuse as to why it's hard for us to compete, well this is easily sorted, start by getting rid of the injury prone players, it's no guarantee but it will certainly improve our chances of having a largely fit squad.

Why get rid of him to spend money on a squad player that will either be too young and inexperienced to have a positive impact or someone experienced but not good enough to play at the top level. It's hard to strike that balance. Santos, Squallaci and Park are key examples of that. They might as well have been injured because Wenger was reluctant to use them. Detrimental to the team some of them. It's also costly. We don't want to over shoot and by someone that will oust a main starter but at the same time you don't want to aim so low you bring in a guy ill equipped for the job when called upon.

On the other end, if we go for youth, we have a player on our hands that isn't ready at this level for a number of years but the only way to get them to that level is to keep giving them games. That's costly as well.

Rosicky is fine. Because of his injury record, he'll know he won't start every game but when he does he's not woefully out of his depth. No point in chopping away at the numbers when we need more bodies for cover. Sign him up. It's not as if we need anymore central midfield players anyway.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-11-2013, 11:44 PM

I've got just the person for you

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Chef+Ainsley+Harriot+Promotes+Cookbook+Melbourne+5 DOqDC9y9GZl.jpg

fakeyank
13-11-2013, 11:59 PM
You don't want to give Rosicky a new contract because he's injury prone but then you name Pato? :haha: :haha:

1) Pato is 24
2) He has at least finished half a season, once in his life
3) Most realistic target who can play CL

Munchies
14-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Rosicky has been fine as of late, touch wood, a few times he's been out for a few weeks, but nothing like it was previously. He is still a massive player for us.

Özim
14-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Why get rid of him to spend money on a squad player that will either be too young and inexperienced to have a positive impact or someone experienced but not good enough to play at the top level. It's hard to strike that balance. Santos, Squallaci and Park are key examples of that. They might as well have been injured because Wenger was reluctant to use them. Detrimental to the team some of them. It's also costly. We don't want to over shoot and by someone that will oust a main starter but at the same time you don't want to aim so low you bring in a guy ill equipped for the job when called upon.

On the other end, if we go for youth, we have a player on our hands that isn't ready at this level for a number of years but the only way to get them to that level is to keep giving them games. That's costly as well.

Rosicky is fine. Because of his injury record, he'll know he won't start every game but when he does he's not woefully out of his depth. No point in chopping away at the numbers when we need more bodies for cover. Sign him up. It's not as if we need anymore central midfield players anyway.

I see your point I really do, my issue is that he really is rarely when it matters and is part of a major problem at this club, injuries. Every season we complain about injuries and make excuses about how unlucky we are because we have so many, yet we have a number of key members of the squad (and Rosicky is a key member, he's not really just a squad member) who are constantly out injured.....we don't have the money to do a Chelsea but at the same time won't cut our losses on injury prone players and replace them with quality but not injury prone ones.

We're basically cutting off our nose here, because our squad can't cope with the injuries and we can't afford to cover for them, so what do we do just keep going in the hope these guys manage to stay fit like they never have before?

Özim
14-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Rosicky has been fine as of late, touch wood, a few times he's been out for a few weeks, but nothing like it was previously. He is still a massive player for us.

I'd agree with you but he only played 16 games last season.

GP
14-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Rosicky has been fine as of late, touch wood

Homo

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-11-2013, 12:41 AM
1) Pato is 24
2) He has at least finished half a season, once in his life
3) Most realistic target who can play CL

Injury prone, out of form, shite.

Thank you and good night.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-11-2013, 01:22 AM
I would love Rosicky to stay on and I think with the amount of competition we have in midfield Rosicky being out never really leaves us in dire straights even if it is an inconvenience. Even if he was fully fit, he may not play more than 20/30 games anyway with the likes of Chamberlain, Ramsey, Wilshere, Flamini, Arteta, Ozil and Cazorla who can all play in midfield.

I don't mind Pato as a player either although it's been a considerable while since I run my eye over him in any game whatsoever. I would be absolutely delighted to see him oust Bendtner. You might argue that that is as much because I think little of Bendtner, but nevertheless, Pato is a talented player.

Bury Da Bwoy
14-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Just no benzema please

Thanks

JonasTC
14-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Diego Costa apperently have a buy-out clause of 20m. If true, this should be the guy we should go for. He's almost as tall as Giroud, but has speed to him and can play on both wings aswell.

Bumble
14-11-2013, 06:37 AM
I would give rosicky a new contract and if injuries are a real worry throw in a pay as you play bonus. He does add something to the team when he plays and pass on his knowledge to those around him.

In terms of strikers as nasty as suarez is, he is absolutely top class. Also people always go on about world class players, not many exist and to win the league you need very good players who can offer different skill sets.

The invincibles had five world class players, players who could play in any other team but I think that is still the best team to play in the premier league and would make mince meat of this arsenal side and other premier league sides.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Diego Costa apperently have a buy-out clause of 20m. If true, this should be the guy we should go for. He's almost as tall as Giroud, but has speed to him and can play on both wings aswell.

We [Liverpool] apparently matched his release clause in the summer; about £22m, but he rejected us and signed a new contract, trebling his wages in the process. Whether his release clause also increased though :shrug:

Özim
14-11-2013, 09:30 AM
If we're happy to keep hold of injury prone players, then let's not use the excuse of injuries when we lose a game or struggle in a season, we have a number of injury prone players we choose to keep hold of, if we do so then we pretty much they're going to be injured for a period of time during the season.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-11-2013, 10:18 AM
I haven't seen that much of Costa but it always sounds like he is a very useful player. I'm not sure why Spain are going to the trouble they are if he isn't. 20 million sounds a decent price considering.....

If he has tripled his wages though, I'd like to know what he is on now.

JonasTC
14-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Its Atl. Madrid, they're not really the richest club in the world, we just bought a star from Real Madrid and gave him a raise, dont think its gonna be a problem.

Just google'd it, seems like triple his wages means that he's on Bendtner wages now... :lol:

I am invisible
14-11-2013, 11:28 AM

Yeah, I agree. I think there's also an argument that it's worth keeping the more experienced characters at the club as an example for the younger players to follow, and as mentors who they can go to for guidance, even if their actual playing time is scaled right back. Obviously salary may have to start reflecting that more scaled back role, but once you're well into your 30s I don't think too many players will be expecting to get the same kind of money they were on at their peak anyway.

The other point worth remembering is that it doesn't have to be a choice between keeping an experienced player at a club and bringing in a younger, long-term option - if you have the available spaces on your squad quota, and the you can afford to do it, then why not do both?

I am invisible
14-11-2013, 11:36 AM

I haven't seen that much of Costa but it always sounds like he is a very useful player. I'm not sure why Spain are going to the trouble they are if he isn't. 20 million sounds a decent price considering.....

If he has tripled his wages though, I'd like to know what he is on now.

Its Atl. Madrid, they're not really the richest club in the world, we just bought a star from Real Madrid and gave him a raise, dont think its gonna be a problem.

Just google'd it, seems like triple his wages means that he's on Bendtner wages now... :lol:

Sounds like another no-brainer, if true? And we know Wenger is a confirmed fan...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I agree. I think there's also an argument that it's worth keeping the more experienced characters at the club as an example for the younger players to follow, and as mentors who they can go to for guidance, even if their actual playing time is scaled right back. Obviously salary may have to start reflecting that more scaled back role, but once you're well into your 30s I don't think too many players will be expecting to get the same kind of money they were on at their peak anyway.

The other point worth remembering is that it doesn't have to be a choice between keeping an experienced player at a club and bringing in a younger, long-term option - if you have the available spaces on your squad quota, and the you can afford to do it, then why not do both?

Keeping Rosicky at the club as a recognisable figure will be beneficial when tapping the German market as he's seen as a legend there, especially at clubs like Dortmund. With our new found German vision and clear preference for the German market, he can play a big role in attracting their top players, many of whom idolise him.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-11-2013, 01:04 PM
I was asking because I was interested to know just how low his wages started off on, not because I don't think we can match whatever he's on.

I often think the German market is good for this very reason. Not only are there a lot of efficient yet skilful players, most of them are on very relative wages. A couple of years ago a report came out revealing Gotze's wages as 14k a week at Dortmund and I remember being astounded. I was desperate for us to sign him at the time. Offering to quadruple a player's wages sounds good when thrown in with the rest of the salesman talk in regards to getting him over here.

Reus was waxing lyrical on Rosicky like I've never heard anyone wax lyrical before. If we fancy the kid, now's the time I'd say.... although I do think a forward is the more pressing need.

I was interested to here Adrian Clarke say on the latest clock end podcast that Wenger Would sign a forward in January, as a statement of fact. He is seldom so forthcoming or sure of himself. Trying not to get my hopes up though....

Syn
14-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Trusting Wenger's judgement on Rosicky. He certainly isn't playing like he's 33. Looks about as busy as he ever has. He makes a lot of mistakes but it's about the numbers game with him; because it's so hard to keep him out of the game, he is bound to have an influence. But Gnabry looks ready - perhaps a loan move to Swansea for Serge and if he plays well, he can take Rosicky's minutes next season.

Sagna though. Pay him what he wants. He seems to have improved his play going forward this season too - certainly more consistent in putting in a couple of top crosses a game. Doubt we can find a better option for the next two years. Bellerin looks like the only other good youngster from the reserves (aside from Gnabry) who could make it...so give him another couple of years as back up.

IBK
14-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Rosicky should be offered a new deal but for once I'd go with the one year option given his age and injury record. This will be the clincher with him as I suspect there would be German teams willing to offer him more but they won't be able to match his wages.

Sagna is a no brainer. We should have tied up his contract ages ago, and all our main rivals would have done so. We are risking yet another of our best players going to a rival, because this is what's most likely to happen if the club pisses about any longer.

BOBN
14-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Said in the summer we should just get whoever Althletico Madrid are after and now Costas flying. Just get whichever striker these dudes want next. They have voodoo powers when it comes to forwards.

Munchies
14-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Jeffers in jan ?

From almost invincible to almost invisible... An £8m Arsenal striker and goalscoring England international, now Jeffers is plying his trade with Bury in League Two
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2507251/Francis-Jeffers-journey-Arsenal-England-Bury.html

The Emirates Gallactico
14-11-2013, 07:26 PM
You morans, Rosicky is a must keep! His experience and talent is extremely valuable to the squad. He's not going to demand to play ever game, won't command massive wages, is incredibly experienced in the PL & CL and because of longevity at the club, really committed here. We used to moan about not having enough experience in the squad for the youngsters to learn of yet the same people now want to get rid of one of our most experienced players who has shown this season has it in him to still give us an option.

Do you think Ferguson was an idiot for keeping the likes of Giggs and Scholes for so long despite them playing ever less frequent roles at the club over the years? Of course not. Rosicky, Sagna, BFG and Arteta need to be resigned asap!!!

JonasTC
14-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Trusting Wenger's judgement on Rosicky. He certainly isn't playing like he's 33. Looks about as busy as he ever has. He makes a lot of mistakes but it's about the numbers game with him; because it's so hard to keep him out of the game, he is bound to have an influence. But Gnabry looks ready - perhaps a loan move to Swansea for Serge and if he plays well, he can take Rosicky's minutes next season.

Sagna though. Pay him what he wants. He seems to have improved his play going forward this season too - certainly more consistent in putting in a couple of top crosses a game. Doubt we can find a better option for the next two years. Bellerin looks like the only other good youngster from the reserves (aside from Gnabry) who could make it...so give him another couple of years as back up.

Dont forget about our young german Zelalem ;)

Penguin
14-11-2013, 08:20 PM
You morans, Rosicky is a must keep! His experience and talent is extremely valuable to the squad. He's not going to demand to play ever game, won't command massive wages, is incredibly experienced in the PL & CL and because of longevity at the club, really committed here. We used to moan about not having enough experience in the squad for the youngsters to learn of yet the same people now want to get rid of one of our most experienced players who has shown this season has it in him to still give us an option.

Do you think Ferguson was an idiot for keeping the likes of Giggs and Scholes for so long despite them playing ever less frequent roles at the club over the years? Of course not. Rosicky, Sagna, BFG and Arteta need to be resigned asap!!!

Özim
14-11-2013, 09:03 PM

Giggs and Scholes weren't injury prone so it's not really the same, they were available a lot of the time.

Bumble
14-11-2013, 09:33 PM
You talk like rosicky will cost 50m or something. We are talking say 2-3m that's it a season. Hardly excessive to keep rosicky. He only needs to be around for 20 games. Hardly required week in week out.

Xhaka Can’t
14-11-2013, 09:33 PM
I see why you don't want his contract renewed, but I disagree. He really adds something to the team, he is professional and a player others can look up to. I think he is contributing well this season and I doubt he will be expensive (relatively speaking) to keep on the books.

Özim
14-11-2013, 09:37 PM
You talk like rosicky will cost 50m or something. We are talking say 2-3m that's it a season. Hardly excessive to keep rosicky. He only needs to be around for 20 games. Hardly required week in week out.

It's not the money, it's more a case of him being there meaning we won't bring anyone else in, which means than although he's very good we're left with a player who is injured a lot of the time.

Özim
14-11-2013, 09:40 PM
I see why you don't want his contract renewed, but I disagree. He really adds something to the team, he is professional and a player others can look up to. I think he is contributing well this season and I doubt he will be expensive (relatively speaking) to keep on the books.

I agree with everything you say, I actually rate him but what I'm looking at is our injury situation every season and how we struggle to cope, keeping a whole host of injury prone players means we're always light quality and numbers wise in the squad, if he was just one injury prone player that would be fine but we're probably have 4-5 of them now who all spend long periods out during the season.

If he could stay fit for more of the season I'd be happy to sign him up, I just don't believe he will, I think he'll miss a fair chunk of any given season.

If we look back at Sunday people were saying we were tired, had we had all of our injured players we'd probably not have been as tired, the fact we have to play largely the same team for 3 tough games takes it's toll, but that's due to injuries really, Walcott, Diaby, Rosicky, Gibbs are all injury prone, add to that the usual injuries you get during a season and it becomes a real problem.

milla
14-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Giggs and Scholes weren't injury prone so it's not really the same, they were available a lot of the time.

Giggs and scholes had a long injury spell in their early 30s. :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
14-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Yeah, but who can remember that far back?

Özim
14-11-2013, 10:39 PM

What every season? Yeah didn't think so :coffee:

milla
14-11-2013, 10:54 PM
What every season? Yeah didn't think so :coffee:

Quiet a few seasons if I remember correctly. Their biggest contribution didn't come from playing 90 minutes week in and week out but for their contribution on and off the pitch. Do you think Giggs 2/3 started of ManU games last season and the season before? He was there to keep the team check, give confidence to young lads, add experience to the team etc. It is not just about being season pro footballer but being a full grown adult at 33 years old.

Rozza is an asset to this team, he has been a good servant to the club, professional, talented with bags of experience. Only a fool wouldn't want him in this team. :coffee:

Power n Glory
14-11-2013, 11:03 PM
It's not the money, it's more a case of him being there meaning we won't bring anyone else in, which means than although he's very good we're left with a player who is injured a lot of the time.

But who or what sort of player are we going to bring in that can fulfil that squad role?

JonasTC
14-11-2013, 11:06 PM

So who exactly do you want us to bring in, that will cost the same as rosicky, is as good as rosicky, has the same experience as rosicky, has the same status amongst younger players, especially in germany and are willing to only play around 20 games a season/be a bench player!? You are blinded by your hatred towards Arsenal so bad.

Just give a name, i dont want some explanation about "bla bla bla", all im asking for right now is, who would you bring in instead?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-11-2013, 11:08 PM
So who exactly do you want us to bring in, that will cost the same as rosicky, is as good as rosicky, has the same experience as rosicky, has the same status amongst younger players, especially in germany and are willing to only play around 20 games a season/be a bench player!? You are blinded by your hatred towards Arsenal so bad.

Just give a name, i dont want some explanation about "bla bla bla", all im asking for right now is, who would you bring in instead?

Jason Roberts.

Marc Overmars
14-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Rosicky is a good player who's happy to play a squad role. Keeping him is a no brainer IMO.

I understand the concerns about his fitness however he's not on Diaby's level, he still offers the team something.

Munchies
14-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Rosicky is a good player who's happy to play a squad role. Keeping him is a no brainer IMO.

I understand the concerns about his fitness however he's not on Diaby's level, he still offers the team something.

Yeah, he's not as broken as he was previously (which probably cost us the title back then), rather than missing months, he's missing at most 2-3 weeks at a time these days.

The Ogg Monster
15-11-2013, 09:56 AM

Yes. An out and out goalscorer thetes plenty about who arent greasy spic cannibalistic money grabbing treacherous cunts. Arent there?

Özim
15-11-2013, 10:02 AM

Why does he have to cost the same as Rosicky? The way I see it I'd be looking to bring a quality player in who can play regularly and allow us to rotate, my choice would be Hamsik, we shouldn't be looking for bench players, barely a quarter of the way through the season and we're already "tired"

It's not hatred towards Arsenal at all, just a fact that Rosicky has been injured all of his career.

I am invisible
15-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I still don't see why this has to be an either / or choice? Why can't we keep Rosicky around, and still bring in someone long-term if the opportunity is there? We've got more money coming in than we've ever had now, and I think we're still some way below our squad quota limit, with all the players we have who count as home-grown - things like this shouldn't be an issue any more.

Özim
15-11-2013, 10:29 AM
I still don't see why this has to be an either / or choice? Why can't we keep Rosicky around, and still bring in someone long-term if the opportunity is there? We've got more money coming in than we've ever had now, and I think we're still some way below our squad quota limit, with all the players we have who count as home-grown - things like this shouldn't be an issue any more.

It's not a case of why, it's just a fact we won't, it's not the way Wenger likes to operate.

I am invisible
15-11-2013, 12:54 PM
It's not a case of why, it's just a fact we won't, it's not the way Wenger likes to operate.

We don't know that for certain though - he might not have had much choice but to operate on a 'one in, one out' basis until the last year or so, but who knows what will happen now we're pulling in some serious green from Emirates and Puma (not to mention the massive hike in TV revenue)?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes. An out and out goalscorer thetes plenty about who arent greasy spic cannibalistic money grabbing treacherous cunts. Arent there?

The problem is you're trying to attach morals to a sport that lost its morals years ago.

Ollie the Optimist
15-11-2013, 07:21 PM

with respect Zimm, this is the same Wenger that you told us all summer would never ever spend 40 million on a player nor sign a world class player. you were wrong there, you cannot say what Wenger will or won't do.

and also, why are you ignoring the fact that in the last two years, Rosicky has been on of the key players in us getting fourth place over the scum? he might not play every game, but if he plays 20-30 games a season, thats fine by me

JonasTC
15-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Why does he have to cost the same as Rosicky? The way I see it I'd be looking to bring a quality player in who can play regularly and allow us to rotate, my choice would be Hamsik, we shouldn't be looking for bench players, barely a quarter of the way through the season and we're already "tired"

It's not hatred towards Arsenal at all, just a fact that Rosicky has been injured all of his career.

Zimm i told you to give me a realistic name... And then you throw Hamsik in there? You really think he's willing to only play 20ish games a season and often played out of position?

JonasTC
15-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Btw Edin Dzeko is being thrown in amongst the other strikers, rumoured to join us in January.

milla
15-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Btw Edin Dzeko is being thrown in amongst the other strikers, rumoured to join us in January.

Dzeko wtf is he doing at Citeh. Striker of his talent is not worth warming the bench at any top club, let alone Citeh. :coffee:

GP
15-11-2013, 08:50 PM
He'd be decent backup for Bendtner.

Power n Glory
15-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Unless it's a free transfer, it won't happen. City won't strengthen a rival.

Power n Glory
15-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Zimm i told you to give me a realistic name... And then you throw Hamsik in there? You really think he's willing to only play 20ish games a season and often played out of position?

It's not realistic. A player of that calibre will be a starter.

Master Splinter
15-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Unless it's a free transfer, it won't happen. City won't strengthen a rival.

It wouldn't really be strengthening. Dzeko is a much better finisher than Giroud, but his all-round game is worse.

Not that they would sell to us, or that we'd pay ridiculous wages for a bench player.

Jovetic would have been an ideal option though.

JonasTC
15-11-2013, 11:05 PM
It wouldn't really be strengthening. Dzeko is a much better finisher than Giroud, but his all-round game is worse.

Not that they would sell to us, or that we'd pay ridiculous wages for a bench player.

Jovetic would have been an ideal option though.

I dont agree, i think Dzeko is alot better, he's just been in and out of city's team and i think we've never really seen him to his fullest here in england. He's not only a goalscorer, in his last full season as a starter (which were at wolfsburg a couple of years ago), he had 30+ goals and 15 assists. If Wenger managed to get this guy, i would rate it up there with Özil, i think he would fit perfectly in our system and i think Wenger could push him to take the last step up, to become a world class striker.

GP
16-11-2013, 12:57 AM
We don't know that for certain though - he might not have had much choice but to operate on a 'one in, one out' basis until the last year or so, but who knows what will happen now we're pulling in some serious green from Emirates and Puma (not to mention the massive hike in TV revenue)?

http://www.blogography.com/photos26/DaveBangHead.gif

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-11-2013, 02:05 AM
We need a different option to Giroud, not another tall striker lacking pace.

No thanks.

JonasTC
16-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Then why even get another striker? We got Walcott if you want pace

fakeyank
16-11-2013, 06:44 AM
We should buy fat Ronaldo

Penguin
16-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Theo's not good enough, or at least untested as a lone striker in our system. Wenger tried him there last season but moved him back on the wing in no time so he clearly isn't keen. He'd fare better if we played with two strikers but we aren't likely to change formation.

No, he's a midget fancy attacking midfielder whom Arsenal have plenty of already.

He's not like our CAMs. He's a fast, direct and a proven goalscorer. He'd be perfect for us on that left side.

I can't see him going for £30m though. That will be the starting point for a bidding war and considering we need to buy a CF too I can't see us getting him. It would be a kick in the teeth to see him go to one of the Manc teams or Chelsea.

Power n Glory
16-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Theo will soon find himself in no mans land with Arsenal. He's altered his game dramatically on the right side since last season where he's no longer trying to take on his wing back by dribbling past. He spends even less time with the ball at his feet now and just hangs off the should of defenders looking to be thread through.

That sort of game isn't helping his development and it's why he won't get a game up front either. Wenger doesn't like classic number 9 strikers in that central role and that's what he's playing as on the right. But playing in that area and in that way means he's not learning how to play and move in the box, what to do against bigger defenders and how to get around the height and strength difference or how to drop deep and link up with his team mates.

If we really have the money in the bank, we can afford to look for a winger that can stretch play, has pace, score goals, create for others as well as space for himself. As for strikers, we can do better than Giroud and look for a player that has that triple threat we're looking for. No need to have players that excel in one area but drastically lack in others. Theo needs to look at what's going on around him. He has the potential to be a polished number 9 that would have been useful 15-20 years ago! I think we're the only club that's going to play him in this unique role. He'd be screwed anywhere else. We're like a company that's made use of a windows 98 pc somehow in this modern era.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Eh? Because Theo's not a striker yet.

Globalgunner
16-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Eh? Because Theo's not a striker yet.

Nor will he ever be. In 5 years time Theo will be playing for Villa or Sunderland, and be often referred to as the former England winger. Hell, he might not even make Englands squad for the next WC.

milla
16-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Nor will he ever be. In 5 years time Theo will be playing for Villa or Sunderland, and be often referred to as the former England winger. Hell, he might not even make Englands squad for the next WC.

Or he could be collecting £200k/week tax free in Monaco. :coffee:

Globalgunner
16-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Or he could be collecting £200k/week tax free in Monaco. :coffee:
Anythings possible. I'll get back to you in 5 years

Ollie the Optimist
16-11-2013, 03:36 PM

when his competition is Andros Townsend, Theo's seat is already booked on the flight to brazil

Master Splinter
16-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Theo's never going to be a great, but as long as he stays fit and is playing in a vibrant Arsenal team, he'll score goals. And lots of them. One dimensional players are extremely useful. Especially if Theo hones his one dimension (finishing).

Munchies
16-11-2013, 04:19 PM
He's massive for our team right now, we're far too narrow , and he'd give us a much needed outlet on the wings if needed.

He's scored over 60 goals for us, with the majority of those coming from the wings and scored 21 last season. He's a big player for us.

fakeyank
16-11-2013, 07:27 PM
He's massive for our team right now, we're far too narrow , and he'd give us a much needed outlet on the wings if needed.

He's scored over 60 goals for us, with the majority of those coming from the wings and scored 21 last season. He's a big player for us.

Exactly! I dont think he is a great player for us, but at the moment, he is exactly the type of player we need. We are getting too predictable and we need him, Ox and Pod to put in some pace in the team. We are too slow!

Penguin
16-11-2013, 07:51 PM
That's true but its partly because our team is stacked with tons of CAM's. We've got an unbalanced squad. Of course we miss Theo when we're resorting to use Ramsey and Wilshere on the wings!

JonasTC
16-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Walcott had 21 goals and 19 assists last season, show me another Winger/Wide foward that did that last season on the highest level. People need to show some respect in here, he's an Arsenal player and he's a damn good one.

Power n Glory
17-11-2013, 08:06 AM
His numbers are phenomenal. No other Arsenal winger has scored more in a season. He works hard on his game but as said, I think we can get more out of him. If he keeps playing on that right side, he'll never get the due credit because he's playing an unorthodox role custom made for Arsenal. Half winger, half striker. I'll always maintain that he should be developed as a striker or played as an inverted winger. He's valuable to us now,but if we'd have bought Bernard, I'd worry about his future in football.

JonasTC
17-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I would love to see Walcott play from left wing, he's scored a bunch of nice goals running down that side. With Özil in the middle and Cazorla on the right, we would see perfect through balls to him all day, which will probably happend anyway, no mather where he plays, but i just think he would benefit ALOT more, if he ran down left side. But maybe Wenger wants to convert the Ox into that role instead? All respect to Walcott, but i think Oxlade has a much higher potential than him, he's almost as fast as him, is stronger and got better technique, i could see him develop into a dangerous inside forward from the left side.

Marc Overmars
17-11-2013, 10:13 AM
I would love to see Walcott play from left wing, he's scored a bunch of nice goals running down that side. With Özil in the middle and Cazorla on the right, we would see perfect through balls to him all day, which will probably happend anyway, no mather where he plays, but i just think he would benefit ALOT more, if he ran down left side. But maybe Wenger wants to convert the Ox into that role instead? All respect to Walcott, but i think Oxlade has a much higher potential than him, he's almost as fast as him, is stronger and got better technique, i could see him develop into a dangerous inside forward from the left side.

Oxlade has always been talked about as being a CM though, probably because of his athlete ball qualities. Do not forget the performance against Pirlo and Ambrosini.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Woy. :haha:

BOBN
17-11-2013, 11:04 AM
You could say the same about Wilshere tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
17-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Moureen wants to get rid of Torres in January so he can buy falcao.

Worth a punt?

GP
17-11-2013, 02:47 PM

He wouldn't even lend us Ba.

Globalgunner
17-11-2013, 02:53 PM

He wouldn't even lend us Ba.

Maureen wouldnt even sell us a virus...Unless it was Ebola

Marc Overmars
17-11-2013, 02:55 PM
We should tempt City to give us Dzeko.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Nah.

Similar to Giroud.

GP
17-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Dzeko IS similar to Dzeko.

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I don't get Dzeko.

Whenever he starts a game he seems to be a bit of an oaf, but whenever he is needed as a sub he's brilliant.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-11-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't get Dzeko.

Whenever he starts a game he seems to be a bit of an oaf, but whenever he is needed as a sub he's brilliant.

I just don't see him changing our game dramatically, which is what we need from a second striker.

Globalgunner
17-11-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't get Dzeko.

Can you let us have Borini, 22 years old italian International, or are you still pissed off at us over Vlad the impaler

Marc Overmars
17-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Nah.

Similar to Giroud.

I was of the opinion we needed a different kind of striker but it's evident that Giroud is possibly the reason our style of play is working at the moment. If we're going to play with a sea of ball playing midfielders we're going to need a focal point to it, so another tall striker would be ideal for consistency.

Master Splinter
17-11-2013, 05:50 PM
If we're going to play with a sea of ball playing midfielders we're going to need a focal point to it, so another tall striker would be ideal for consistency.

I don't think it's Girouds's tallness that makes him excellent for our system, tbf.

GP
17-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Is it his beautiful face and chiselled abs?

Marc Overmars
17-11-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't think it's Girouds's tallness that makes him excellent for our system, tbf.

Well just his overall presence and work rate really.

I'm sure Wenget could fine tune Dzeko. I don't really think artificial environments like City is the best place for any player to hone their ability.

fakeyank
17-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Is it his beautiful face and chiselled abs?

No, its his big dick

Marc Overmars
17-11-2013, 08:52 PM
No, its his big dick

There's a picture of it doing the rounds.

It's...big.

Bumble
17-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Maureen wouldnt even sell us a virus...Unless it was Eboladoesn't he play for galatassaray (sp)

mastermind84
17-11-2013, 10:47 PM
I often think the German market is good for this very reason. Not only are there a lot of efficient yet skilful players, most of them are on very relative wages. A couple of years ago a report came out revealing Gotze's wages as 14k a week at Dortmund and I remember being astounded. I was desperate for us to sign him at the time. Offering to quadruple a player's wages sounds good when thrown in with the rest of the salesman talk in regards to getting him over here.

Goetze was like 18 back then, tbf.

German players tend not to leave Bundesliga unless they get ridiculous money offer because they get paid very well in Germany.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
18-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Walcott had 21 goals and 19 assists last season, show me another Winger/Wide foward that did that last season on the highest level. People need to show some respect in here, he's an Arsenal player and he's a damn good one.

Once upon a time on ahfc, Theo's numbers were passed off as merely the result of RvP's brilliance. His numbers subsequently improved the season after when the Skunk was no longer there any more.

I think his lack of technical ability at times has meant many gooners are quicker to slight him in a football sense, even to the point where they marginalise what he does have going for him.

Part of the genius of Wenger is to recognise that players with natural attacking ability do not so much need coaching as their skills need honing. To put it differently, he is wary of formulating or overly contriving a method in which they can use their skills. Rather he sets an adaptable framework. The flip side of that is that Wenger is less likely to tell Cazorla/Ozil/another to play on the shoulder to stretch the game a little. He may say things that imply to the player that they should consider it but he won't necessarily expressly and explicitly state it to a player directly. That is why so many players under him feel 'liberated' imo.

In Theo's absence somebody needs to be trying to stretch the play by varying their own play and getting beyond the oppositions back line. Wenger likes Rosicky because he seems to have a natural knack for sensing when he should do as much, when to drop back, when to push on and when to look for a ball behind the lines. That is hard to coach. We have enough intelligent players on the field at any one time to make it work, but Theo's persistence and speed with stretching the play means a defence never gets a rest and the lines between the oppositions back line and midfield are wider for longer periods of time. That liberates others who need not worry so much about varying their own game. Que the on rushing midfield wizards we have in midfield. Give them an inch and they usually take a yard.

Djeko's ability is a little marginalised too because of his bit part of role, but he is a well rounded player in my view. In an ideal world the next forward through the door would offer something significantly different to Giroud, but I'd take two Giroud's over one + Bendtner....that's not to say that Djeko precisely the same player though.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
18-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Goetze was like 18 back then, tbf.

German players tend not to leave Bundesliga unless they get ridiculous money offer because they get paid very well in Germany.

He was 19 and his age was part of the reason he represented such a good acquisition. He was reasonably expected to improve for some considerable time at his age and as much as we hate to think about it, he would probably retain an incredible and increasing resale value in business terms.

At the time he was already a regular at this club and one of the best players in Germany and that was the reason why the wages he was on was made public at all. As a player and as an economist he represented the sort of deal Wenger looks to do and I am pretty sure Wenger was watching him closely, although he was a lot more hesitant shall we say about parting with the sort of money he would have cost.

We pay Podolski 100k and we signed him from Cologne, so yeah, we have to pay good players accordingly, but Goetze's scenario was quite a unique one at the time really.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I was of the opinion we needed a different kind of striker but it's evident that Giroud is possibly the reason our style of play is working at the moment. If we're going to play with a sea of ball playing midfielders we're going to need a focal point to it, so another tall striker would be ideal for consistency.

Maybe.

Or he could be the reason we're not excelling even more than what we could be.

Having a fast, agile forward like Suarez may inject further pace and energy into our attacks, making us even more deadly.

fakeyank
18-11-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10456524/Arsenals-Nicklas-Bendtner-says-he-would-like-to-join-Real-Madrid-or-Barcelona-in-January-transfer-window.html

Oh dear Lord Dennis..

LDG
18-11-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10456524/Arsenals-Nicklas-Bendtner-says-he-would-like-to-join-Real-Madrid-or-Barcelona-in-January-transfer-window.html

Oh dear Lord Dennis..

McNamara That Ghost...
18-11-2013, 05:02 PM
One of Fat Sam's first signings for Real Madrid. :cloud9:

Power n Glory
18-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Once upon a time on ahfc, Theo's numbers were passed off as merely the result of RvP's brilliance. His numbers subsequently improved the season after when the Skunk was no longer there any more.

I think his lack of technical ability at times has meant many gooners are quicker to slight him in a football sense, even to the point where they marginalise what he does have going for him.

Part of the genius of Wenger is to recognise that players with natural attacking ability do not so much need coaching as their skills need honing. To put it differently, he is wary of formulating or overly contriving a method in which they can use their skills. Rather he sets an adaptable framework. The flip side of that is that Wenger is less likely to tell Cazorla/Ozil/another to play on the shoulder to stretch the game a little. He may say things that imply to the player that they should consider it but he won't necessarily expressly and explicitly state it to a player directly. That is why so many players under him feel 'liberated' imo.

In Theo's absence somebody needs to be trying to stretch the play by varying their own play and getting beyond the oppositions back line. Wenger likes Rosicky because he seems to have a natural knack for sensing when he should do as much, when to drop back, when to push on and when to look for a ball behind the lines. That is hard to coach. We have enough intelligent players on the field at any one time to make it work, but Theo's persistence and speed with stretching the play means a defence never gets a rest and the lines between the oppositions back line and midfield are wider for longer periods of time. That liberates others who need not worry so much about varying their own game. Que the on rushing midfield wizards we have in midfield. Give them an inch and they usually take a yard.

Djeko's ability is a little marginalised too because of his bit part of role, but he is a well rounded player in my view. In an ideal world the next forward through the door would offer something significantly different to Giroud, but I'd take two Giroud's over one + Bendtner....that's not to say that Djeko precisely the same player though.

I think Theo’s gotten a raw deal playing on the right side because he’s not a natural winger. He’s just adapted to the situation and has managed to carve out a unique position for himself here at Arsenal. I can’t imagine any other club playing him this way. He’s not considered as a winger or a striker so if he were to lose his place at the club, he may find it hard to find another club that can find a use for him. I have no idea why we’re not playing him on the left as an inverted winger so he’s cutting in on his preferred foot or why he’s not being developed as a striker. Theo isn’t the best technical player we have in our squad, but playing down that side exposes him even more.

It’s why I slightly disagree with your point about Wenger being a genius and honing his skills. If it wasn’t for Theo’s persistence, work ethic and ability to bat off the criticism, most other players would have crumbled a long time ago or kicked up a stink to play in their preferred position. I’m thinking of Ramsey, Bendy and Eboue as recent examples. Or when Flamini had to kick up a stink to play as a DM instead of left back and Song wanting to play as DM instead of a CB. Theo has done really well with what he’s been given but it my opinion we’re only seeing a fraction of what he could potentially be for this club. The plan for Theo was to turn him into a Henry type striker. The right wing was only supposed to be a part of his development and I think Theo has learned everything he can from that position.

Letters
18-11-2013, 05:15 PM

Oh dear Lord Dennis..

Why do you want to be a bench warmer for them?

Power n Glory
18-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Cut him some slack. Ask any player at any level which club they'd love to play for and they'd mention Real or Barca as a dream move.

Saw this in the comments section and he's right. Don't fall for the BS!

what i find sad is how easily you readers fall in to the snare set by tabloids. Those of you who mocking and bashing bendtner are the reason why these buffoons continue to publish rubbish articles. I can't believe journalism has become this desperate. Football is looking more and more like hollywood. I m pretty sure his statements were taken out of context. Even then, if they were honest, majority of the players on the planet will say they want to go to real madrid or barca. so whats the big deal.

Letters
18-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Fine. It's a dream move for any player but on the back of his generally ludicrous opinion of his ability it does make him sound like a twerp.

Power n Glory
18-11-2013, 05:41 PM
That's the angle they were shooting for. If he's said a lower league team or somewhere more realistic, they'd have whipped a nasty story where everyone would have said he's being totally disrespectful to us.

Fist of Lehmann
18-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Presumably his comment was meant as a joke. Even Bendtner has some level of self-awareness.