PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Cardiff (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Top of the league by seven points.

Another awlsome away display.

milla
30-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Arsenal :loveblush:

Syn
30-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Top of the league by seven points.

Marc Overmars
30-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Excellent result.

Didn't see the game but sounds like it was another hard fought, solid win. Another clean sheet as well, fucking love that me.

Tougher tests to come.

Syn
30-11-2013, 04:58 PM
How important was Szczesny's save? Fantastic reactions to get down low to his right from around 7 yards. Also quick out of the blocks to stop a couple of goalscoring opportunities. He's shit hot atm.

Ollie the Optimist
30-11-2013, 05:00 PM
we are flying right now. novemeber is our worst month historically. one goal conceded all month. the rest of the games, we've won. this team is special.

Master Splinter
30-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Brilliant.

Ramsey gonna Ramsey.

Ozil with two moments of exceptional quality.

Arteta superb in the centre.

Defence fantastic again. Szczesny :bow: :bow:.

Arsenal :bow:. Quite a good football team.

Lee Mason :haha: :haha:.

Master Splinter
30-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Tougher tests to come.

Cardiff were poor. They didn't get in Arsenal's faces. Didn't let them know they were there.

City lost here but look at their shiny squad.

United drew here but United always come good in the second half of the season.

We have to wait until Arsenal play City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Brazil and The Hurricanes.

The Ogg Monster
30-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Cardiff bent over and we got our dicks out.

7 points clear is insane, I love this team.

Is anyone keeping count of how many goals Ramseys got? Ive lost count.

Anything less than the treble is a disappointment now.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-11-2013, 05:11 PM
In the first 20 minutes I thought, crikey, how are we going to get past this lot. Cardiff true to their form all season are really good and just keep coming at you.

Giroud wasn't too clever and Cazorla was particularly poor but great result, great team effort and what a tiring routine finding something that isn't trite to say about Ramsey. Fantastic performance.

I've ignored the goaly being the best in the league talk up until this game, but I think it is a serious shout now. In Mertesacker we have the form centre half in the league too. The defence are water tight.

Up the Arse!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Cardiff were poor. They didn't get in Arsenal's faces. Didn't let them know they were there.

City lost here but look at their shiny squad.

United drew here but United always come good in the second half of the season.

We have to wait until Arsenal play City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Brazil and The Hurricanes.

:d

Syn
30-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Is anyone keeping count of how many goals Ramseys got? .

8 goals in the league, 15 in all competitions.

Globalgunner
30-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Flamini too with a brilliant cameo

Getting goals all over now.

We have to believe now. When the bigger tests come we have to remind ourselves, that we are a the best team in England

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Whole game is being shown on Sky Sports 1 at 8pm, I think.

Transplanted Gooner
30-11-2013, 05:22 PM
We have to believe now. When the bigger tests come we have to remind ourselves, that we are a the best team in England

That's right. We ARE the biggest test.

I read that back, and I'm hearing Bryan Cranston saying "I AM the one who knocks"

Marc Overmars
30-11-2013, 05:24 PM
I do wonder if the media will ever acknowledge how good we are defensively now.

GP
30-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Nah, they'll continue with the perception. Every goal we concede will be held up as proof.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Stewart Robson today: Despite their defensive record, they aren't a great defensive team. :wacko:

Transplanted Gooner
30-11-2013, 05:33 PM
We started by shipping three on opening day, which reinforced the view that we are soft defensively.
Whilst we were on the run of games right after that, we were still letting those dross teams score against us.
Strangely enough, it was during that time that we were shutting the 'tougher' teams out... 5pur2, Liverpool, Napoli.
But for the moment, yup, we are the form team defensively.
It will take a lot longer than a month for the media's image of our defence to change. Let's face it, they were still in Invincibles mode as to how we're such a great counter attacking side until last season... 6 years behind the curve.

Ollie the Optimist
30-11-2013, 05:36 PM
we've faced this list of strikers this month

van Persie
Rooney
Lewandowski
Reus
Suarez
Sturridge

And only conceded 1 goal

GP
30-11-2013, 05:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaVg5RYIcAAYNEY.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Flamini didn't score a goal with cut off sleeves.

Wenger knows. :scarf:

Penguin
30-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Anything less than the treble is a disappointment now.

You ruined my mood <_<

Munchies
30-11-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo4oCwFWAQ

Ollie the Optimist
30-11-2013, 05:51 PM
not sure if this stat is correct but saw it on twitter. apparently we have scored more goals today then spurs have in the whole of october and novemember :haha:

Transplanted Gooner
30-11-2013, 06:14 PM
not sure if this stat is correct but saw it on twitter. apparently we have scored more goals today then spurs have in the whole of october and novemember :haha:

The same.... 3. Premier League only.

footloose, the wanderer
30-11-2013, 06:17 PM

Just shows what £110 million in the hands of a Spurs brain will get you.

LDG
30-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Is anyone keeping count of how many goals Ramseys got? Ive lost count.

One less than spurs :good:

Munchies
30-11-2013, 06:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaVanV5CEAASRaJ.png:large

footloose, the wanderer
30-11-2013, 06:54 PM
That's a Rolls-Royce of an engine

Xhaka Can’t
30-11-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo4oCwFWAQ

A good defensive performance.

What planet is Wenger on? :lol:

Munchies
30-11-2013, 07:32 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xwHCyBWpa2I/UpoZqTDadFI/AAAAAAAAApE/4t3OgnwkWa4/223489.gif

What a pass.

Ozil :bow:

JonasTC
30-11-2013, 07:39 PM
42.5m pass

Munchies
30-11-2013, 07:42 PM
I'd rest him midweek against Hull for Everton, and play Cazorla in the centre.

And on that note, have Ozil and Cazorla played that good together ? We were all looking forward to seeing how they'd do, but right now, one of them will have a good game and the other will play like Arshavin.

Syn
30-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Cazorla is just coming back from injury. Give him time. We hammered Ramsey and then Wilshere and reading around now (admittedly not much here) it seems like Cazorla's the new target. Let's learn a lesson or two and give him time.

And don't rest anyone for the next two games. If we are shit in Naples so be it . We're not going to lose 3-0 even if we play Rosicky, Walcott, Gnabry, Monreal etc.

We can kill this league. Let's rack up a massive points cushion.

LDG
30-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Cazorla is just coming back from injury. Give him time. We hammered Ramsey and then Wilshere and reading around now (admittedly not much here) it seems like Cazorla's the new target. Let's learn a lesson or two and give him time.

And don't rest anyone for the next two games. If we are shit in Naples so be it . We're not going to lose 3-0 even if we play Rosicky, Walcott, Gnabry, Monreal etc.

We can kill this league. Let's rack up a massive points cushion.

You sound like an old woman.

Syn
30-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Ramsey's best game of the season, and that's saying something. Best midfielder in the league right now. He's probably going to end up with 25 goals in all comps, the most number of tackles, most ground covered, most number of poncy dinked balls and most importantly he's going to do ever so well.

Syn
30-11-2013, 08:02 PM
You sound like an old woman.

Now now, come on, be nice.

Xhaka Can’t
30-11-2013, 08:02 PM
I still can't forgive him for not tearing it up as soon as he came back.

Xhaka Can’t
30-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Now now, come on, be nice.

Oh, he's nice to old women.

Syn
30-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Oh, he's nice to old women.

LDWazza.

Wenger when asked if he would sell Ramsey for £50m:

"No. We don't want to sell anybody. I've suffered enough for years for having to sell the players."

:bow:

http://i.minus.com/ibi1myyWTJN27X.gif

http://i.minus.com/ieHvpx8qSNfMF.gif

Munchies
30-11-2013, 08:39 PM
That header :bow:

You make those gifs Syn ?

Put a watermark on it atleast.

Ollie the Optimist
30-11-2013, 08:41 PM
that cross by Ozil for Ramseys goal is incredible. inch perfect. he's a special player but best of all, he's our special player

Munchies
30-11-2013, 08:44 PM
that cross by Ozil for Ramseys goal is incredible. inch perfect. he's a special player but best of all, he's our special player

He's only been here for 3 months or so aswell, we've hardly seen anything yet :bow: .

Yes he's had a few anonymous games , but the more he gets used to the league and the team, it's only a matter of time before he adapts properly. No proper wide players either right now, lets see how he does when Feo starts.

Syn
30-11-2013, 08:45 PM
That header :bow:

You make those gifs Syn ?

Put a watermark on it atleast.

Nope, just stealing them from Twitter.

Munchies
30-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Nope, just stealing them from Twitter.

:lol: Fair enough, pretty good :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
30-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Watching the game now

Ramsey :bow: of course
Sir Ches :bow: just saw his save
I like Giroud, love what he does for the team even though he is not a goal a game striker

Cardiff fans :respect:

Özim
30-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Another great thing about Ramsey is he doesn't scuff shots.

Syn
30-11-2013, 10:04 PM
http://i.minus.com/i7Ra0fhm5cstf.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibomz8UVYqdKG7.gif

fakeyank
01-12-2013, 12:42 AM
How the fuck did we lose the first game of the season....? FFS!!! :banghead:

Brilliant win though.. Wenger proving all his doubters wrong (as I predicted). Wenger haters :pal:

Xhaka Can’t
01-12-2013, 12:55 AM
:lol:

Munchies
01-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Losing to a team managed by Moyes is a bigger bewilderment :wacko:

Sirjackofwilshere
01-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Great win. Team looks solid as ever and Wenger looks focused and up for it..great substitutions, tactics and ruthlessness from him this season and back end of last. Lets hope the old Wenger is back and the trophies too.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Arteta my man of the match.

He was outstanding.

Tipsychubbs
01-12-2013, 02:48 AM
We's getting through games due to our defensive solidity, which is a positive. But is anyone else concerned about our attack? Seems a bit slow, pedestrian, lacking urgency and intelligent movement as a team.

The goals came from good, cohesive movement, but we barely saw that throughout the 90 minutes, and this keeps happening game after game even though we're grinding out results. It will surely come back to bite eventually :/

hobson's choice
01-12-2013, 02:58 AM
But is anyone else concerned about our attack? Seems a bit slow, pedestrian, lacking urgency and intelligent movement as a team.

The goals came from good, cohesive movement, but we barely saw that throughout the 90 minutes, and this keeps happening game after game even though we're grinding out results. It will surely come back to bite eventually :/

This is what has worried me about this team for the past 3 seasons, and even with the results this season, that's why i'm hesitant to really believe that we can pull the title off this season. They can create a couple moment of great fluid play, but it's not consistent.

But in the last 4 games since United I have seen some changes. In the United and previous games the attacking play was strictly concentrated on the right side, at times they completely ignore the middle and especially the left. The last 3 games, the play has had a lot more balance to it

Underhill and over Grove
01-12-2013, 07:28 AM
I think playing 5 players who are happiest being central midfielders in the same team is always going to create a bit of congestion, but while we are getting the results this can mostly be accomodated. With Walcott back however we finally have another option to stretch teams at pace and give our other midfielders more space to operate in, and with Arteta growing in to the defensive midfielder role, all we need now is a clinical striker who is able to take advantage of the one chance/half chance which will come his way against top class opposition.

AFC Leveller
01-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Ozil's two passes were maginificent. The one to Flams was too sexy.

Great win, another clean sheet thanks to Chesney + back 4. We look stronger and more dangerous away from home at the moment. Theo coming back will be a real bonus as well.

I agree with some of the comments above though regarding the lack of movement from the midfieders at times. Ramsey's first goal was the perfect example of that and we need to see more from the others. Against Man u, all 5 midfielders kept asking for it to feet and not doing anything with it and against Chelsea (esp) and City we'll need to vary our game and play with a higher tempo than we did at OT.

Özim
01-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Was a very good win, really tough away trip and we won at a canter. We're doing really well at the moment, hopefully we can keep up the good run through the festive period!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Jon Champion's commentating on MOTD :bow:

Giving us credit where it's due.

Best thing about that shitty programme is him.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I thought Cazorla in particular last night was just playing too deep. I know they like to keep close in midfield so they can play quick short balls to each other, but sometimes it gets to overkill. A player as talented and as two footed as Cazorla is, you really want to be in the oppositions third a lot more.

AFC Leveller
01-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Agreed Blink.

He's been below par this season, esp in the last few games. has given the ball away too often (to be fair to him he has tried to track back and win it) and hasnt assisted or attempted a shot at all. His shooting is very good with either foot so im surprised he's been shot shy of late.

Syn
01-12-2013, 03:18 PM
We can't have everyone in the opposition's 1/3. He could probably do without getting clattered further up the pitch every minute just as he's coming back from injury. Will take him a few games but he should be happy to play a secondary role while Ramsey and Ozil want the ball near the goal.

Munchies
01-12-2013, 03:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaaJE2MCMAIgWOo.jpg:large

Syn
01-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Why had everyone played 2-3 games more by that stage? 21 points from 15 games is really bad. No wonder we were crying about it all day.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm not overly concerned but there are opportune times when we either have everybody in the oppositions goal area or nobody/just Giroud. I just thought that last night he was coming deep and staying there too often to be a threat, when it wasn't necessary. At least when we had the ball anyway.

Usually he will start from deep and advance his and the teams position with a few one-two's but yesterday he stopped short on a number of occasions... or his execution was uncharacteristically off.

Of all the players we have, Cazorla is the one guy with the unique and deadly skill set which makes him particularly threatening in those key areas. Even more so than Ozil. He has the close ball control of Ozil but has the shooting technique equal to or above any other player we have.

As I said I'm not overly concerned yet but knowing how well he can play, it doesn't go unnoticed with him. A little like with Ozil in a way. When Ozil plays below the level we know he can it is quite readily noted because of his reputation, price tag and the fact he has just joined us.

Penguin
01-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah I agree with that. This isn't a kneejerk to his poor performance against Cardiff, it's a general observation on his performances and decision making on the pitch. I haven't been too impressed with Cazorla on the left. He had a much bigger impact for us as a number 10 last season, popping shots off left, right and centre. I know he's coming back from injury but he's had over a month back in the side. He doesn't get involved enough in the final third, and he tends to drop back too far after making a pass to Giroud, or to Gibbs on the left. He should be pushing further on and making some combos with Gibbs down that left wing ala Pires & Cole, but we hardly see any of that.

He does do well when he moves infield but its the same old problem for Wenger's teams recently - we play too narrow and in front of the opponents making it us more predictable. We're making it harder than it should be.

JonasTC
01-12-2013, 04:49 PM
We have to remember, Ramsey and Giroud starting to score more goals doesnt mean that we'll be scoring 20+ more goals than last season, those goals are being taken from players like podolski, walcott and cazorla. We cant compare their stats with last year, if Cazorla drops deep means that Ramsey can get into the box and score, im perfectly fine with Cazorla not getting those same stats, i still think he's awesome and an important part of our possesion football. Who knows, maybe its Wenger telling our CAM's-played-on-the-wings to drop down (not at the same time tho'), so Özil can go wide and let Ramsey run through the middle.

Penguin
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
It's not just about the goals (he's already scored and hit the post a few times) it's the level of performance. Cazorla has been ineffective and well below the standards we've come to expect. If it's a planned tactic by Wenger he's intentionally making us even more narrow. I don't think that's a good thing...

JonasTC
01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
I would say its worked out pretty well for us :)

Letters
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Fantastic win yesterday. Cardiff haven't exactly been setting the PL alight but they have got some decent results at home beating City and drawing with ManYoo.

The importance of the save from Chesney at 1-0 cannot be overstated. It makes a real difference having a top 'keeper, last few years we haven't. Having a 'keeper who can pull out a save like that in a tight game can make the difference if we're serious about competing for the title. Brilliant by Ramsey, showed real class after his goals (were you watching, RvP?) and fair play to the Cardiff fans who not only applauded Ramsey but also applauded the Arsenal fans' Pat Rice chant. Outstanding pass from Özil for the 2nd goal, good to see him looking good again. Our midfield really is outstanding.

Tougher tests to come , obviously. We need to get through the Chelsea and City games before Christmas. If we get points in both of those then I'll start to believe we have a chance.

:patrice:

Syn
02-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Tougher tests to come , obviously. We need to get through the Chelsea and City games before Christmas. If we get points in both of those then I'll start to believe we have a chance.

:patrice:

Then you'll believe we will win it. I find it very hard to believe there is a single Arsenal fan right now that doesn't already think we have a chance.

edit: sorry, twatty post.

Edit2: but true.

Letters
02-12-2013, 08:04 AM
I certainly won't believe we will win it. Long way to go, Brian. Marathon not a sprint. We'll take one game at a time. Etc. But the pundit's claim that we can't be taken seriously until we've played - and beaten - last season's top 3 isn't that unreasonable. Every time I've seen Arsenal win the title we've done well in those 6 pointers and we've only played one so far and lost it. Not a disaster but IMO we need to get results in the City and Chelsea games to be taken more seriously.

Saturday I thought we looked like a team who could seriously challenge - I think that might be the first time I've thought that. Concerns about our squad depth remain though. If Giroud, Rambo or Ozil get injured then it will hurt us and we don't have cookie cutter £50m replacements in the bench like Chelsea and City have acquired with their dirty money. There's also the mentality issue. That pressure in the last 10 games of a title run-in is different, especially if fixtures start piling up.

But anyway, at the start of the season the debate was about whether we could stay in the top 4 so I'm just enjoying the football we're playing and the results. Anything else would be a bonus.

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Even if we lost all the 6 pointers (I don't think we will) against the big boys, we'd still win the league based purely on our form against the rest of the teams in the league.

Also, Man Utd are fast becoming a team that won't be a 6 pointer.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
We have to remember, Ramsey and Giroud starting to score more goals doesnt mean that we'll be scoring 20+ more goals than last season, those goals are being taken from players like podolski, walcott and cazorla. We cant compare their stats with last year, if Cazorla drops deep means that Ramsey can get into the box and score, im perfectly fine with Cazorla not getting those same stats, i still think he's awesome and an important part of our possesion football. Who knows, maybe its Wenger telling our CAM's-played-on-the-wings to drop down (not at the same time tho'), so Özil can go wide and let Ramsey run through the middle.

My own observations were made in the light of Cazorla's performances alone and not the stats at all. It would be a little silly to make a whole hearted comparison with last season because Cazorla played every game last season and didn't even start this new season fit never mind play every game so far.

It's really in light of the fact that he is almost as finely balanced an attacking player as you will find. His ball retention skills, his passing range the fact I still don't know which foot he is better shooting with.... He just doesn't have an obvious footballing weakness imo. There is a stark lack of genuinely two footed players in the game at his level.

Maybe I'm going a little overboard (I have liked him long before he came to us and couldn't believe Wenger actually signed a player I wanted) but I don't see that Mata, Silva, Kagawa or anyone else of that ilk is more talented.

When he hits top form we will look back at this time and think.....Ohhhh, that's why we expected more.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2013, 12:56 PM

I was thinking this the other day. :lol:

They're just a banana skin more than anything now tbh.

City and Chelsea are the only credible challengers at the moment.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Even if we lost all the 6 pointers (I don't think we will) against the big boys, we'd still win the league based purely on our form against the rest of the teams in the league.

But it wouldn't be as satisfying.

I mean I wouldn't complain if we won the league without beating them but the media would write it off as a nothing title.

Winning against the big boys is crucial going into the second half of the season.

Syn
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
When all is said and done, it's hard to imagine Man Utd not pubbing a title challenge together.

Letters
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't think you can overestimate the Fergie effect. They won't finish in mid-table but they're not looking that great.

Zerlathon
02-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't think you can overestimate the Fergie effect. They won't finish in mid-table but they're not looking that great.

It would be glorious if Man Utd had to try and get used to the Channel 5 Cup along with Spuds.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-12-2013, 02:01 PM
I'd much prefer them to go out of business.

Syn
02-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Usually when Man Utd were in trouble of getting caught by us or Liverpool, they'd just exercise their financial advantage and sign a couple of big players. Should be interesting that they can't do that now - or, at least, even if they can, the title rivals will be doing the same.

Grebbo
02-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Hopefully January will see Manure over pay for a load of shite like they did for Fellaini. If they're 5th/6th they'll spend big - no champs lge football would be a monumental disaster for them.

I think City are still the team to beat, they have the best squad. I'm just glad we've had a great start for a change.

Ollie the Optimist
02-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I certainly won't believe we will win it. Long way to go, Brian. Marathon not a sprint. We'll take one game at a time. Etc. But the pundit's claim that we can't be taken seriously until we've played - and beaten - last season's top 3 isn't that unreasonable. Every time I've seen Arsenal win the title we've done well in those 6 pointers and we've only played one so far and lost it. Not a disaster but IMO we need to get results in the City and Chelsea games to be taken more seriously.

Saturday I thought we looked like a team who could seriously challenge - I think that might be the first time I've thought that. Concerns about our squad depth remain though. If Giroud, Rambo or Ozil get injured then it will hurt us and we don't have cookie cutter £50m replacements in the bench like Chelsea and City have acquired with their dirty money. There's also the mentality issue. That pressure in the last 10 games of a title run-in is different, especially if fixtures start piling up.

But anyway, at the start of the season the debate was about whether we could stay in the top 4 so I'm just enjoying the football we're playing and the results. Anything else would be a bonus.

i said this in the "believe" thread before i read your post. i know I'm repeating myself but feel its better to make the point to you here then in other thread.

Arsenal away wins this season - 5. scoring 13 conceding 3

Liverpool, city, chelsea away wins COMBINED - 5

but apparently stats like this don't count in favour of Arsenal because its universally known that the league is decided on whoever beats chelsea and city and as we haven't done that. no one can consider us title contenders.

seriously, when you see stats like that, it really does enforce the belief that we are ready and by far the best team right now. yes it could all unravel like previous years but right now it looks like it won't. i know everyone says we have a small squad and we won't cope with injuries and city/chelsea will be much better because of the size of their squads but look at those results. their fringe players don't give a shit, they don't play well away from home, they have a big squad but whats the point if they just don't perform? we might have a small squad who are one injury crisis away from imploding, however, we've had a huge injury crisis already this season and guess what. we are top. by four points.

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2013, 08:58 PM
But it wouldn't be as satisfying.

I mean I wouldn't complain if we won the league without beating them but the media would write it off as a nothing title.

Winning against the big boys is crucial going into the second half of the season.

Man, you want it ALL!!!

I like that. :tiphat:

IBK
02-12-2013, 09:11 PM
We should be very grateful that the media is not all over us. Less pressure and we can do things our own way. Consistency rarely makes as much copy as spectacular results. This is a strange season where unfancied teams are taking points off the so called big boys. I'm more than happy to be bucking that trend, even if we drop points against the likes of Citeh and United.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I've never been totally at ease with being backed by all the pundits, so I am perfectly happy for them to recycle their scripts about us falling short till we win the bloody thing. It would only be sweeter.

Transplanted Gooner
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Why had everyone played 2-3 games more by that stage? 21 points from 15 games is really bad. No wonder we were crying about it all day.
I'm going to guess that we've had an extra interlull this season.

Maestro
03-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm going to guess that we've had an extra interlull this season.

Always prior to the WC