PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Everton - Sunday 8th Dec - 16:00 KO

Pages : 1 [2]

Niall_Quinn
08-12-2013, 06:37 PM
see that's just it, see my response to LDG above. we should we be happy with that performance and lack of maximum points from this game?

is a draw a good enough outcome in the scheme of things?

don't know if we should be okay with this or not?

The difference between winning that game and drawing is huge, for me. Makes a huge difference in terms of momentum going into three big games. You hold on for 7 minutes and suddenly you are unstoppable even when you play as badly as we did today. But fail and suddenly it becomes a doubt. Not what we need going into the next game. So for me today was a big fuck-up, not just the result but the way we played from kick off. Lots of the old, niggly problems on display and typical of how we've performed in the past when we've had a chance to really press an advantage. Everton were decent, not great, just decent. We gave them all the space and time they needed to play their game. If we do that against City we'll be mauled. The only potential positive from today is the fact we have bounced back well from defeat so far this season so hopefully the same will apply against Napoli.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 06:37 PM
We will drop points throughout the season, but we want to win our home games in reality.

Everton aren't as good as Chelsea or Man City so I can see more dropped points in those games. I reckon we'll probably lose at City (especially with their record at home) and at best get a draw against Chelsea though I can see them winning that as well as we never seem to be able to get a results against them.

We will also win big away games so on balance the games we "should" and "shouldn't" be winning even out.

The only disappointing thing about the game was conceding so soon after scoring, otherwise I'm not overly downbeat.

Özim
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM
We will also win big away games so on balance the games we "should" and "shouldn't" be winning even out.

The only disappointing thing about the game was conceding so soon after scoring, otherwise I'm not overly downbeat.

Looking at it though we beat Liverpool and Spurs at home and have now drawn with Everton, we lost our only big away game against a top side to Man U.

That means we have Chelsea and City and Man U at home but have Spurs, Liverpool, City, Everton, Chelsea away.

So that's 5 away games and 3 at home against the best sides in the PL. I don't fancy us much against Chelsea or City at home, reckon we'll get a draw at best in both, so suddenly away game become more important and those will be hard to get points from being away.

Basically the hard part of the season is starting from now essentially so dropping points today gives us a lot less leeway, Everton, Liverpool and to some extent Spurs I fancy our chances against, we have a good record against those sides, Man U, Chelsea and City however I don't.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 06:49 PM
The fact there are so many sides you choose to mention means there are so many of those tough clashes in the season so any point, even a draw is important. Liverpool play Tottenham, Man City and Chelsea all before the New Year and I would suggest it's unlikely they will lose all three, with how they have been playing.

Özim
08-12-2013, 06:54 PM
The fact there are so many sides you choose to mention means there are so many of those tough clashes in the season so any point, even a draw is important. Liverpool play Tottenham, Man City and Chelsea all before the New Year and I would suggest it's unlikely they will lose all three, with how they have been playing.

Spurs I'm not worried about, I reckon City and Chelsea however will do them and I am worried about them.

They're the two sides we need to worry about, those two can turnover any of the others and probably will as they have the best squads and perhaps teams. We also beat Liverpool and to be honest they weren't particularly great against us, sure they've been winning the games against the lesser sides, but in the big games I'm not convinced they'll pick up too many points.

A win today would have opened up a nice 7 point gap, given us extra belief before those two big clashes and given us some leeway if we did drop points against them.

We still have some but I agree with NQ draws like this don't help confidence/belief and affect momentum, this team needs belief as it's been a long time since we won anything and the doubts are still there until we do.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Although those 3 games are all away from home. Our away form hasn't been the best this season and City are phenomenal at home.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Spurs I'm not worried about, I reckon City and Chelsea however will do them and I am worried about them.

They're the two sides we need to worry about, those two can turnover any of the others and probably will as they have the best squads and perhaps teams. We also beat Liverpool and to be honest they weren't particularly great against us, sure they've been winning the games against the lesser sides, but in the big games I'm not convinced they'll pick up too many points.

I don't know why you're getting so pent up then if you rate them so highly, it's just them doing what you expect. Liverpool are good for a draw at the Etihad, they do relatively well there, not really sure why though. Indeed if you are so concerned about Chelsea then any point gained on them should be viewed far more favourably than you currently are.

Our away record has been so good for a while now; I'm not hugely concerned.

milla
08-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Basically the hard part of the season is starting from now essentially so dropping points today gives us a lot less leeway, Everton, Liverpool and to some extent Spurs I fancy our chances against, we have a good record against those sides, Man U, Chelsea and City however I don't.

Regardless of the opponents, dropping points will always result in smaller leeway. :coffee:

milla
08-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Our home fans are a bit of cunts though, those lots love picking on small mistakes made on the pitch.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Dropped points I think

1-1

Sensible SWAYR :bow: