The Emirates Gallactico
01-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Never in any doubt :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ollie the Optimist
smashed the festive period. nine points out of nine. you cannot ask for more then that.

top of the league. up the Arsenal

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:57 PM
3 points :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
01-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Never in doubt tbh, though hard fought....

Toppa da League :yippee:

Happy New Year, lads.

Özim
01-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Great win thanks to super Bendtner! He's done a great job for us, all is forgiven.

Also throw ins :bow:

milla
01-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Bendtner :bow:

Jack :bow:

Rozza :bow:

Feo's late show :bow:

Arsenal :bow:

LDG
01-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Thank fuck.

Bendy :bow:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Terrible 1st Half

Lord Bendtner!!

What a goal by Theo

What a time to make your first post.

:bow:

JonasTC
01-01-2014, 05:05 PM
:bow: Top of the league :bow:

We're not gonna see any striker signings now :D

fakeyank
01-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Did Bendtner pull his hair and go off injured?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 05:12 PM
The Kingslayer. :rose:

Zak
01-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Fair to say we can't use Walcott or Podolski upfront in this system.

Bentdner looked much better upfront when he came on.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-01-2014, 05:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc5sxvlIQAAendD.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Fair to say we can't use Walcott or Podolski upfront in this system.

Bentdner looked much better upfront when he came on.

Erm Walcott went up top and scored within 2 minutes.

LDG
01-01-2014, 05:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc5sxvlIQAAendD.jpg

WUMger :bow:

Özim
01-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Erm Walcott went up top and scored within 2 minutes.

Bit easier when your opponents are chasing the game tbh.

IBK
01-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Another good win with many players injured. Nice one Gunners.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Bit easier when your opponents are chasing the game tbh.

The poster said we can't use Walcott up front this season. He went there and instantly scored.

I think we can.

Zak
01-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Cardiff were going for an equaliser so they had space at the back.

During the first half when they sat back we didn't do much. 0 shots on target till the 60th minute at home isn't acceptable IMO.

Would you be happy playing with either Walcott or Podolski upfront against the top teams?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Cardiff were going for an equaliser so they had space at the back.

During the first half when they sat back we didn't do much. 0 shots on target till the 60th minute at home isn't acceptable IMO.

Would you be happy playing with either Walcott or Podolski against the top teams?

Yes. Walcott is our joint best finisher (alongside Podolski) and scored within 2 minutes of going up front.

Only a thicko would argue otherwise.

Darknight02
01-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Hmm.

Plenty of points to note from this one.

Podolski is not a central striker. He doesn't put pressure on the defenders and he can't play with his back to goal.

Giroud may not have any shooting boots but he is the only striker that can play in our system as he's strong and can hold the ball and win it and make lay offs for our midfield runners and is a presence in the centre meaning gaps and space for our midfield runners. We hardly had anything but range shots because of this.

Bendtner immediately gave us a presence up front. That will have done his confidence no end. Shame he's injured. Hope it's not too serious as we would be truly fcuk without him or Giroud.

Lastly you can see Wengers plan for Sanogo. A striker to hold the ball like Giroud.

It means that if we invest in a player it will be a player who can play as a striker and come in from the flanks working with Giroud - someone like Suarez would have been perfect. If not I hope we go for Reus or Costa. Or even Draxler.

Regardless I hope Wengers learnt a lesson regarding how best to utilise Podolski.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-01-2014, 05:23 PM
‏@regun_oti:
Bendtner scored and had the decency to injure himself in the process so that Wenger will be forced to buy a striker in January.
What a man.

:haha: :haha:

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 05:28 PM
It might have been hard work in the end, but it wasn't a bad performance. Just a a bit of sharpness in the box and the game would have been over at half time. Good defending in the second half from Cardiff, but the goals when they came were fully deserved for the effort all the players put in.

Wilshere had his best game of the season. He was mature and composed for the whole game, made all the right decisions, was forceful and creative going forward and didn't make the stupid basic errors which have plagued his game all season. He's had a few good games before this and then returned to being inexplicably hapless, but hopefully a new year means the old Wilshere is back.

Well done to Bendtner for a huge contribution. Dennis :bow:.

Need some players back for the coming games, but this result should be useful in keeping the confidence and momentum going.

And Giroud showed how good he is by not playing.

LDG
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
FACT: Nicklas Bendtner has scored more goals this year than Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Ribery, Aguero & Rooney combined

Globalgunner
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
We were really poor but kept at it and won. Shades of our last 7 games last season. On another day a crap ref like Down would have given the pen against us.
In short. Mighty relieved

milla
01-01-2014, 06:22 PM
FACT: Nicklas Bendtner has scored more goals this year than Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Ribery, Aguero & Rooney combined

Bendtner has sprained ankle and will be out for a few weeks. You have to feel sorry for the boy. :coffee:

Globalgunner
01-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Little bit sorry we may not be able to sell him before the summer now

Xhaka Can’t
01-01-2014, 06:31 PM
I got drenched on the way to the match. Was in the first row of the North Bank upper and the wind blew rain on us up there. It has been a long time since I felt that cold at a match. I don't think MOe will be thanking me now for telling him there were tickets available.

That must have been very tough for the teams to play in. But it was more advantageous to Cardiff as the weather was a leveller for sure.

That said, we showed a lack of inventiveness up front to the point where we couldn't even get a clear shot on target for most of the match.

I have to give Bendtner credit, he was lively from the moment he came on, right up to the goal and subsequent injury.

I noticed that Theo was getting stick, but I thought he had another good game but was short of options when he had the ball, but managed to beat a few players to get some balls into the box.

I've been to better games, but am grateful for the three points.

Globalgunner
01-01-2014, 06:40 PM
I got drenched on the way to the match. Was in the first row of the North Bank upper and the wind blew rain on us up there. It has been a long time since I felt that cold at a match. I don't think MOe will be thanking me now for telling him there were tickets available.

That must have been very tough for the teams to play in. But it was more advantageous to Cardiff as the weather was a leveller for sure.

That said, we showed a lack of inventiveness up front to the point where we couldn't even get a clear shot on target for most of the match.

I have to give Bendtner credit, he was lively from the moment he came on, right up to the goal and subsequent injury.

I noticed that Theo was getting stick, but I thought he had another good game but was short of options when he had the ball, but managed to beat a few players to get some balls into the box.

I've been to better games, but am grateful for the three points.
Theo seems to have added to his game this season, probably worried by the hype over Andros Townsend. He has discovered it seems that you can actually do more than just run headlong in one direction. He now checks back, changes direction and feints. Soon he may graduate to doing step overs. Seems he wants that holiday in Brazil with the rest of the boys.

Marc Overmars
01-01-2014, 06:44 PM
The weather was indeed horrific but I was nestled safely under the clock end.

Game should have been dead and buried long before it was. Thank fuck we got the job done in the end because it would have been a very poor result otherwise.

Well done to Dennis.

Little bit disappointed we weren't ruthless today but I suppose Cardiff were quite stubborn defensively.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Gotta say, fair play to bendtner. He saw his chance and took it, cant argue with that.

It would just be nice if he was doing it for the club, shirt and team rather than himself.

But....what a win. Everyone else took the points today and it was close to being a typical day from seasons past where we drop points and loose confidence and table position.

Instead we knuckled down a ground out a win. So fucking proud of this team, and hats off to Bould who clearly has some new influence of wenger and the defence :bow:

Syn
01-01-2014, 06:49 PM

Was going to make the point that we seem to be struggling at handling the extreme weather. I think it didn't help against Chelsea and again today, but hopefully conditions won't be as bad for the rest of the league games.

Absolutely battered them in the second half though. Mertesacker missed two heading chances, Wilshere hit the post. With Kos' quick interceptions and Sagna getting up and down the right side, we had wave after wave of attacks. There were a couple of instances where Cazorla, Podolski, Wilshere and Walcott had the ball in very good positions but were too greedy. That has been noticeable for a while now, actually. But when everyone is crying about players chickening out, this was always going to be the natural response.

Good that we've managed to win the games without Ozil and Ramsey. Wenger says Ozil could be back for Saturday which would be very handy.

9th clean sheet for us in the league. Defence could do it for us this season.

Marc Overmars
01-01-2014, 06:51 PM
3 clean sheets and just the one goal conceded from a Chesney error since the City horror show.

Fair to say that was an anomaly.

Ollie the Optimist
01-01-2014, 07:34 PM
todays win and the newcastle win are just fantastic. we played quite badly in those two games yet took 6 points. those are the wins that make you champions. great to see the comeback from the city game. great end to 2013, great start to 2014.

Power n Glory
01-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Bendy isn't all that bad. Hats off to him and it's a shame he's injured. Always had a decent goal record for us when he played but was never trusted as the lead striker. The Chamakh signing was the last straw for him and it went sour from then on.

Great 3 points and itching to see the highlights. Was sweating for ages whilst it was 0-0.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I hope shearer is on MoTD tonight.

See if he comes out with the same shit again.

LDG
01-01-2014, 08:00 PM

"If the ref had given the blatent penalty to Cardiff, it could have been a different game"

Munchies
01-01-2014, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjcXlf4KmHw

:lol:

LDG
01-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Shit. That's fucked us then if Crooks is a believer.

Letters
01-01-2014, 08:24 PM

I'm sure he'll come out with a load of new shit instead.

Bergkampwonderland10
01-01-2014, 10:12 PM
‏@regun_oti:
Bendtner scored and had the decency to injure himself in the process so that Wenger will be forced to buy a striker in January.
What a man.

:haha: :haha:

Any news on the Bendtner injury…to be fair on him, he's got himself fit and is finally working hard…took all this time…but he's given100% each time he's put the shirt on this season. Looked like their keeper landed on his ankle…ligaments? Shame…but yes, at least it will force Wenger's hand a bit…isn't Bendtner's contract up this sumer or is it next? To be honest, if he knuckled down like he's finally shown he can, I'd give him a new contract…at 0-0 half time I said that the game had a last minute Bendtner winner written all over it! Been a while…wasn't it Wolves last time?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Most nervy game we've had for some time! Nice to put some shine on it at the end and make sure of the result.

Good on Bendtner coming through for us. Whatever his motivation was, I'm just glad we won. I thought Podolski was approaching non existent in the first half but even before this game I have not fancied him in the central forward role.

Good to see Wilshere have a really busy game especially as the most advanced of the midfielders. I thought Flamini was quite superfluous as it is Arteta who really anchors the midfield and spreads the play about and Rosicky could have done with starting, but at least he came on.

Mertesacker looked visibly unsettled after his two missed chances which I suppose is no surprise so I'm sure he would have jumped on Bendtner had he not gone and already injured himself.

Lovely save by the number 1 too. I think he pulls off a couple of absolutely crucial saves a game....eve if he does try to knock the opponents forward out a little too readily for our liking.

Up The ARSE!!!

Somebody put a hex on City so they bloody lose.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Any news on the Bendtner injury…to be fair on him, he's got himself fit and is finally working hard…took all this time…but he's given100% each time he's put the shirt on this season. Looked like their keeper landed on his ankle…ligaments? Shame…but yes, at least it will force Wenger's hand a bit…isn't Bendtner's contract up this sumer or is it next? To be honest, if he knuckled down like he's finally shown he can, I'd give him a new contract…at 0-0 half time I said that the game had a last minute Bendtner winner written all over it! Been a while…wasn't it Wolves last time?

Sprained ankle Wenget said so it's going to be a couple of weeks at least. Having said that, we have another long break between the Spuds game and the Villa game so he's not going to miss much.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 10:44 PM

He's putting himself in the shop window.

He doesn't want to be here and I bet he's hoping for a move away in the summer.

Ollie the Optimist
01-01-2014, 10:48 PM

works out well for both parties that. he puts performances in and we get goals etc, he gets noticed a new club. win win

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 10:52 PM
works out well for both parties that. he puts performances in and we get goals etc, he gets noticed a new club. win win

indeed

GP
01-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Then lets hope he bangs in 30 and earns a move to Barca.

Power n Glory
01-01-2014, 10:59 PM

Bendy has always been a good plan B striker. He's come off the bench on many occasions to get us the vital goal so it's not just the shop window. This isn't something new. Consistency has always been his problem and playing well for the full 90 over a period of games.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
I thought Cazorla was very good today.......from the left. He can play exceptionally well there.

Özim
01-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Bendy has always been a good plan B striker. He's come off the bench on many occasions to get us the vital goal so it's not just the shop window. This isn't something new. Consistency has always been his problem and playing well for the full 90 over a period of games.

Yup agree with this, he's scored some important goals over the years.

Dein-machine
02-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Wumger got away with another tactical disaster today. Ozil, Giroud & Ramsey out - our main attacking threats all season & we decide to play Arteta & Flamini in midfield against Cardiff. When we have a lack of forward quality you cannot afford to have 2 defensive midfielders, we had no cutting edge because the 4 players trying to attack are too easy to pick up. We swamped then later part of the 2nd half because we had more players in attacking positions, doesn't Wumger realise we can do this from the start of games rather than from the 65th minute.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Wumger got away with another tactical disaster today. Ozil, Giroud & Ramsey out - our main attacking threats all season & we decide to play Arteta & Flamini in midfield against Cardiff. When we have a lack of forward quality you cannot afford to have 2 defensive midfielders, we had no cutting edge because the 4 players trying to attack are too easy to pick up. We swamped then later part of the 2nd half because we had more players in attacking positions, doesn't Wumger realise we can do this from the start of games rather than from the 65th minute.

Yeeeeah. Top of the league.

Syn
02-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Wenger really needs to take more tips from GW.

AFC Leveller
02-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Bendtner has 6 goals in his last 12 PL games! not too bad.

It was a typical Arsenal against dire but very organised team performance and the longer the game went on the more i worried we'd drop points. The team looked disjointed without a big man upfront and we couldnt open them up until late in the second half.

well done though for keeping at it and getting the points. this is another proof that we can now win the game we'd have drawn a few years ago or draw games we'd have lost.

milla
02-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Great performance against Cardiff

http://i.imgur.com/fjPFh8z.jpg

JonasTC
02-01-2014, 02:04 PM

Ehh Arteta is a #10 playing deep playermaker and flamini is a box-2-box player, so wouldnt really call it playing with 2 deffensive midfielders. We put so much pressure on them, that i wouldnt say it was a bad thing with those 2 in midfield, we just couldnt get the ball in.

LDG
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
https://vine.co/v/hVtXjgPZtZ1

Flamini :bow:

Grebbo
02-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Good performance yesterday and good to see Jack producing a fine performance. It's amazing what a run of games can do for a player isn't it :rolleyes:

Wenger's trainers :lol:

Power n Glory
02-01-2014, 06:37 PM
It was his birthday yesterday. A great way to celebrate.