PDA

View Full Version : Theo Out for SIX Months!

Master Splinter
06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Theo out for six months:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...for-six-months (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/theo-walcott-ruled-out-for-six-months)

Out of the World Cup too. Poor Feo. :rose:

:ilt:

We are little bit cursed.

Come on Gnabry and Oxlade :bow:.

And come on Draxler, Di Maria and Costa.

Penguin
06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
:(

GP
06-01-2014, 06:27 PM
ACL? Fuck it.

Got to make a signing now.

Syn
06-01-2014, 06:30 PM
:banghead:

Bad news. All the best to him for the recovery - hope there's no long term problem with his pace or movement. He must be gutted.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Fucking hell!

That's absolutely shit news. Hope his recovery goes well.

Even more reason to get a striker in now.

FFS. Can't believe it.

Gooner23
06-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Feel sorry for Theo more than anything. Right wing should be adequately covered by the Ox and Gnabbers, but we definately now need another striker.

fakeyank
06-01-2014, 06:33 PM
FFS :banghead:

Marc Overmars
06-01-2014, 06:34 PM
The poor fucker is never going to play in a World Cup. What shit luck.

GP
06-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Letters :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Theo. :(

That's what defending gets you.

JonasTC
06-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Well now we have to sign a top striker for sure :s

Not really too worried about our wings tho' we have plenty of quality there, especially with Gnabry showing that he can do a quality job there aswell. Hopefully Ox will comeback and beast it aswell.

But what a fucking warrior Walcott is, fucked up his ACL and still got up and put in some work before he went down in agony and then went out as a legend :bow:

Heisenberg
06-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Disastrous news. Not only is it losing a player, it's losing one in the area we're a little short, plus he had been in good form. Even though Oxlade-Chamberlain is supposedly close to a return, we absolutely have to buy now.

Syn
06-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Those saying we could have Gnabry or Ox on the wing are missing the point. We don't really have anyone that offers what Theo does - we're not really missing a winger, we're missing a proper forward because his average position is usually very high up and his main assets are his movement off the ball and finishing. Could've got a shedload of goals for us in the second half of the season. Ox and Gnabry might have the pace but they're more about carrying the ball rather than making forward runs and scoring.

We covered well for Walcott's absence earlier, but Wenger will need to ask Podolski/Gnabry/Ox to play a different type of game now. We'll need numbers in the box and with Ramsey still injured, we don't have any runners from midfield either. Pretty sure Wenger won't buy big though and he probably won't buy at all.

Grebbo
06-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Wow! That's the title challenge over.

I said a couple of months ago that to have any chance of winning the league we'd need Walcott to produce Suarez style match winning performances as he's the one player we have that can really damage the opposition. His stats in the last few games shows this.

Massive blow.

Master Splinter
06-01-2014, 06:58 PM
At least he doesn't have to reclaim his England place from Townsend anymore.

Jackson Martinez or Diego Costa bids ASAP Wenget tbfh.

Or Pedro + Jason Roberts.

Xhaka Can’t
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm gutted for Theo.

This is horrific enough - but in a World Cup year, that is terrible.

Hope he gets through this as best he can.

LDG
06-01-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm gutted for Theo.

This is horrific enough - but in a World Cup year, that is terrible.

Hope he gets through this as best he can.

:gp:

Well said.

GP
06-01-2014, 07:18 PM
At least he doesn't have to reclaim his England place from Townsend anymore.

:lol:

RomfordPele
06-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Ffs. We never get ANY good news on injury front.

Massive loss for us - even when he's playing shit theo stretches teams with his pace which gives others space. We don't have anyone else who can do that.

Big test for wenger this month. He wouldn't dare not sign anyone, would he...? :unsure:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-01-2014, 07:25 PM
HUGE blow. Absolutely gutted for us and him. You couldn't make it up....

Penguin
06-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Those saying we could have Gnabry or Ox on the wing are missing the point. We don't really have anyone that offers what Theo does - we're not really missing a winger, we're missing a proper forward because his average position is usually very high up and his main assets are his movement off the ball and finishing. Could've got a shedload of goals for us in the second half of the season. Ox and Gnabry might have the pace but they're more about carrying the ball rather than making forward runs and scoring.

We covered well for Walcott's absence earlier, but Wenger will need to ask Podolski/Gnabry/Ox to play a different type of game now. We'll need numbers in the box and with Ramsey still injured, we don't have any runners from midfield either. Pretty sure Wenger won't buy big though and he probably won't buy at all.

Agreed. The lack of pace and positive movement we have in our forward positions is worrying even with Theo fit so it is a mini disaster to lose him for 6 months. It's not the end of the world but the fact that we don't have a similar player in our whole squad means we can't stick to the same tactics and other players will have to compensate for what we're losing.

It's a good opportunity for Gnabry and Ox to step up and make the position their own, so I hope one of them takes it.

gunnerrrrr
06-01-2014, 07:30 PM
speechless.....

Munchies
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Fucking hell !!!

BOBN
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Feel sorry for Theo more than anything. Right wing should be adequately covered by the Ox and Gnabbers, but we definately now need another striker.
Please. Walcott is our sole goal threat.

Massive blow. This could shatter our season.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-01-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't think it'll shatter our season but we're probably going to be winning most games from now on by the odd goal. Somebody does usually step up in Wenger teams though, in terms of goals.

Munchies
06-01-2014, 07:44 PM
So devestated by this, he was just hitting form as well :(

Maestro
06-01-2014, 07:47 PM
fuck fuck fuck, is all

are we cursed or what?

tough luck kid, get well and back to playing next season.

Wenget really better buy now just to augment our attacking options.

Munchies
06-01-2014, 07:49 PM
What a cunt this twat is :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdUg-fqCIAAuZjc.jpg

BFG :bow:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdUjsZAIMAAieww.png

The Emirates Gallactico
06-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Oh Cock!!! Even though this doesn't have the stinging emotional pain of the Eduardo situation I just can't help feeling a sense of Deja Vu about this. It's seems like a potential tipping point for our season -Theo was absolutely important to our title challenge!

One of the few players that could scare the opposition with just his prescene, streching them and disorganising them in the process. It's up to the Ox and Gnabry to step up but we need to buy a striker now just to provide cover for up front.

Feel gutted for him as well personally though. He was lighting up the league with his recent performances and was certain starter for England in Brazil. :(

Syn
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
It's just banter. Or at least that's what we told the spuds when Walcott was on the WUM. Have to allow it.

selassie
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Gutted

Grebbo
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Plus history has proved that any injury time frame published on arse.com has to be tripled for accuracy :(

RomfordPele
06-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Sympathy for theo aside, we badly need wenger to pull something out of the bag in the transfer window. Top 4 is by no means a certainty even if we are currently top.

Lets hope someone at the club has been a bit proactive and got a few things lined up - we needed a striker even before this happened, after all...

Marc Overmars
06-01-2014, 08:18 PM
We'll do it for Theo!

Munchies
06-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Di Maria just got booed off for Madrid...

Munchies
06-01-2014, 08:23 PM
We'll do it for Theo!

Similar to Pires when we won the double :pray:

Ralpheroo72
06-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Get well soon Theo! Poor guy, he really tries for us, and that is all you can ask. He has been brilliant of late, and Wenger needs to sign someone of pure quality asap!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Title challenge over.

Özim
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Was showing some good form even if his finishing was off at the weekend, we'll miss his pace thought him Gnabry and Rosicky really made us much more direct.

Shame for him, we have to sign a new striker now, most of our forward options are now injured.

Özim
06-01-2014, 08:36 PM
What a cunt this twat is :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdUg-fqCIAAuZjc.jpg

BFG :bow:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdUjsZAIMAAieww.png

Feel sorry for Theo and obviously it's not good for us but this is kinda funny considering what he did at the weekend :lol:

We thought what he did at the weekend was great and in light of this has to be viewed in the same way.

hobson's choice
06-01-2014, 08:44 PM
This may sound harsh, but from now on, Wenger has to look at Theo as a luxury player, as in whatever contributions we get from him, as just a bonus.

Wenger simply has to go into every season assuming that Theo will miss a healthy portion of it. It sucks, but he simply can't stay fit for a whole season.

Grebbo
06-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Good job Sanogo is back

LDG
06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Do not forget, we have also Diaby who is 2 months away.

DO NOT FORGET

Munchies
06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Do not forget, we have also Diaby who is 2 months away.

DO NOT FORGET

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSiR-YaIEAEsweM.jpg

Özim
06-01-2014, 09:01 PM
This may sound harsh, but from now on, Wenger has to look at Theo as a luxury player, as in whatever contributions we get from him, as just a bonus.

Wenger simply has to go into every season assuming that Theo will miss a healthy portion of it. It sucks, but he simply can't stay fit for a whole season.

Very true, he's always been injury prone like a number of others and more often than not does miss a large chunk of the season, Wenger doesn't ever take this into consideration which has been part of the problem in recent years, our squad has always been left depleted by the loss of these injury prone players.

Darknight02
06-01-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't think our seasons over as this squad seems to have far more mental strength and belief about it.

But Wenger simply must buy now.

Reus or Costa would be my number 1 choices. Draxler good but perhaps may not do a job in the next six months

I am invisible
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
That sucks for Theo, but things haven't changed that much for us - we needed a CF before and we still need one, albeit a little more urgently than we did. With the Pod back, Ox soon to be back, Gnabry knocking on the door, Cazorla getting back to his best and Özil (hopefully) recharged, we should still be better off in wide attack than we have been all season, even without Walcott.

Just out of interest, how long until Giroud is back?

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2014, 09:58 PM
It's just banter. Or at least that's what we told the spuds when Walcott was on the WUM. Have to allow it.

Nah, it's not banter from them. They are celebrating injuries and chucking coins at injured players - way, way worse than what Adebayor did when he scored against us, which in turn was way, way worse than Theo indicating the score with a smile on his face. Fortunately for myself I don't have any dignity to preserve or standards to maintain so I hope the guy sitting in front of his TV celebrating gets cancer and dies.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2014, 10:00 PM
That sucks for Theo, but things haven't changed that much for us - we needed a CF before and we still need one, albeit a little more urgently than we did. With the Pod back, Ox soon to be back, Gnabry knocking on the door, Cazorla getting back to his best and Özil (hopefully) recharged, we should still be better off in wide attack than we have been all season, even without Walcott.

Just out of interest, how long until Giroud is back?

He's back for Villa.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Feel sorry for Theo and obviously it's not good for us but this is kinda funny considering what he did at the weekend :lol:

We thought what he did at the weekend was great and in light of this has to be viewed in the same way.

Funny? For the first time in years we see Walcott performing consistently while the rest of the team are also firing? I wouldn't describe it as funny and I'm not sure how you can equate that spud prick celebrating injuries with Theo smiling at the fans while they were lobbing shit at him. Two different stories entirely.

Letters
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Very true, he's always been injury prone like a number of others and more often than not does miss a large chunk of the season
Last 3 season he's played 28 then 35 then 32 league games out of 38
:shrug:
It's really not been that bad over the last few years.

Power n Glory
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Similar to Pires when we won the double :pray:

I bloody hope so because I'm thinking of Eduardo. Wenger has to buy this time.

Letters
06-01-2014, 10:09 PM
You can compare the Ade thing to the Theo thing but not this.
I'd like to think I'm above celebrating another player's long term injury.

Bumble
06-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Gutted about this, Theo just by playing instilled fear in the opposition and had them playing deeper thus allowing our midfielders more space. Now without him, teams can press higher up the pitch against us. He is the best finisher at the club and would have ended up highest goalscorer had he finished the season despite missing most of the early parts.

I still be surprised if we sign a top drawer striker, just don't think the best are really available.

The luckily for us though, there is enough confidence in the team that one goal can win us a lot of games and I think this could help us maintain the title challenge. We know how to win 1-0 and so the loss of a striker can be absorbed easier.

gutted for the world cup as well, want England to be as strong as possible for that.

GP
06-01-2014, 10:28 PM
England will be ok, they have Townsend...

:haha:

Özim
06-01-2014, 10:29 PM
You can compare the Ade thing to the Theo thing but not this.
I'd like to think I'm above celebrating another player's long term injury.

Is it celebrating an players injury or just a bit of banter in response to what he did though?

Letters
06-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Is it celebrating an players injury or just a bit of banter in response to what he did though?Meh. I suppose. Not very classy though.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Nah, it's not banter from them. They are celebrating injuries and chucking coins at injured players - way, way worse than what Adebayor did when he scored against us, which in turn was way, way worse than Theo indicating the score with a smile on his face. Fortunately for myself I don't have any dignity to preserve or standards to maintain so I hope the guy sitting in front of his TV celebrating gets cancer and dies.
I absolutely wholeheartedly 100% agree. I find it quite odd that anyone would make out that the two things are on the same footing.

Minus your part about the bloke getting cancer and dying..... that was a little harsh lol.

I am invisible
06-01-2014, 10:44 PM
He's back for Villa.
Oh well that's something then - not all doom and gloom on the striker front...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-01-2014, 10:47 PM
And to top it off, I pulled/tore my calf at footy tonight. :rolleyes:

Don't all cry at once....... There goes new years plan.

Özim
06-01-2014, 10:56 PM
I absolutely wholeheartedly 100% agree. I find it quite odd that anyone would make out that the two things are on the same footing.

Minus your part about the bloke getting cancer and dying..... that was a little harsh lol.

Why odd, Walcott did the 2-0 sign thing during the match, this guy just decided to do something similar as a joke. It's what people do on the Internet these days.

I don't really see the harm, he's not wishing cancer on him or hoping he dies, now that would be awful!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Something along the lines of what has already been alluded to. Taking the mickey in light of a player getting injured is in extremely poor taste.

If a PLAYER actually did it, he would be widely and roundly condemned for it unlike what Theo did who's actions an overwhelming proportion believe were not outrageous.

KSE Comedy Club
06-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Gutted for Theo he was starting to get his form back and looking good. Im also gutted as I was gonna put him in my dream team. Oh well back to the drawing board.

But...

Our title challenge does NOT and never did depend on him staying fit for the season.

We still have a good squad to do the business, however, our title challenge now depends on what Wenger does in this transfer window.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Really saddened by Theo's ill-fate. Was on good playing and scoring form and situation made even worse considering it's a WC year.

Get well soon, Theo.

And dare I say, Cripps woz rite on Theo. :lol:

Already a proper legend.

And, as to that neanderthal scum fan, I won't afford him the attention he so badly seeks; not even by way of condemnation. After all, it's what most football fans do. I myself have wished terminal illness on the Judas cunt a few times, or that someone would at least snap him like a twig.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Is it celebrating an players injury or just a bit of banter in response to what he did though?

Well they already knew he was injured because they were lobbing stuff at him when he was lying on the pitch (despite the fact the ref didn't even stop the game), plus they were lobbing shit at him when he was on a stretcher. Anyone who didn't know he was injured was missing all the hints. The "six" is a celebration of the length of the injury, what else can it be. Theo on the one hand says, thanks for all the shit but we're winning - this cunt says, ha, you are injured and out for six months. But, as they are fond of saying on Glory Glory, they wouldn't want to be like us because we don't have any class. They do - apparently.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Why odd, Walcott did the 2-0 sign thing during the match, this guy just decided to do something similar as a joke. It's what people do on the Internet these days.

I don't really see the harm, he's not wishing cancer on him or hoping he dies, now that would be awful!

Not really. It's just a joke. Just a bit of banter.

See how it works?

For more banter I think I'll start racially abusing people.

2-0 was the score, Bale did the same thing, loads of players have done it no doubt. It was also spur of the moment.

But to go to the trouble of setting up the scene with the TV in the background, getting the shirt on, posting it all up to the Internet - the guy had plenty of time to think about what he was doing and stop at any point. He didn't. Obvious conclusion - he's an epic cunt who has no defence whatsoever.

fakeyank
07-01-2014, 02:56 AM
Well, I hope the spud gets cancer too

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I am invisible
07-01-2014, 06:48 AM
And to top it off, I pulled/tore my calf at footy tonight. :rolleyes:

Don't all cry at once....... There goes new years plan.
Ah mate, I tore my calf at boot camp last summer - hurts like a mother f*****!

Power n Glory
07-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Sad but true. You see it all the time on the internet. I’m not surprised by the picture. People make jokes like that all the time these days. It’s expected. I have more of a problem with Spurs fans throwing coins at Theo whilst down on the field and being stretchered off.

Dein-machine
07-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Not really. It's just a joke. Just a bit of banter.

See how it works?

For more banter I think I'll start racially abusing people.

2-0 was the score, Bale did the same thing, loads of players have done it no doubt. It was also spur of the moment.

But to go to the trouble of setting up the scene with the TV in the background, getting the shirt on, posting it all up to the Internet - the guy had plenty of time to think about what he was doing and stop at any point. He didn't. Obvious conclusion - he's an epic cunt who has no defence whatsoever.

I have no problems in life letting those less fortunate than ourselves have a bit of fun. You'd have people on here doing the same if a Spud player had got injured after making the 2-0 gesture. The guys a Spud, therfore retarded so he won't know what he is doing in his little bedsit with a pink floral settee wearing his shirt after we've just ended their season - on no sorry they have that Thursday night thing they play in.

Ollie the Optimist
07-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Gutted for Theo, thought given his gesture that it wasn't a serious injury. We got where we are now this season mostly without Theo, so we can cope without him to an extent but he was the key to a successful title challenge. its going to be a lot harder without him. we can cover the wing with Ox and Gnabry, plus rosicky etc if really needed but his goals and pace were going to be key. gutting but we have to buy now. 6 days until our next game. lets be proactive and get it done

Xhaka Can’t
07-01-2014, 10:26 AM
The crap on the internet ain't important. It was the throwing of coins that was disgusting. I keep reading reports of Spuds fans throwing missiles AFTER Theo's gesture. That serves as a way of somehow justifying the knuckledraggers actions.

The fact is, they were throwing missiles before, during and after he was treated on the pitch.

Ollie the Optimist
07-01-2014, 10:28 AM
The crap on the internet ain't important. It was the throwing of coins that was disgusting. I keep reading reports of Spuds fans throwing missiles AFTER Theo's gesture. That serves as a way of somehow justifying the knuckledraggers actions.

The fact is, they were throwing missiles before, during and after he was treated on the pitch.

this. they threw coins, its clear to see via tv pictures, while he was lying there injured and according to some in the stadium, where chanting "let him die". they did the same to Sagna when he broke his leg at their ground a few years ago. they are pure scum.

contrast that with our reaction to capoue being stretchered off in september in the derby. a polite round of applause and no vile chants etc while he was being treated.

IBK
07-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Poor Theo - absolutely gutted for him. Not only missing the World Cup - but who knows if he will ever be the same again. Different injury - but Eduardo never was.

Speaking of Eduardo - I fervently hope that this doesn't turn out to be our Eduardo moment of 2014. We often struggle to score goals - and like it or not, Theo is the best finisher in our squad. He often scores in the big games - the ones we often struggle in - and his assists record is excellent. This is a big blow - no doubt about it.

Trying to be positive, we have a much stronger squad than in 2008 - both in terms of personnel and mentality. Plus Theo is at his best when teams try to play against us - and precious few do this these days. And surely, SURELY Wenger will be persuaded to do something in the transfer window now to get us reinforcements up front?

Power n Glory
07-01-2014, 12:27 PM
It's a bad injury. Players in the past never came back the same. I think Owen suffered the same sort of injury.

Marc Overmars
07-01-2014, 12:34 PM
It's pretty much the worst kind of injury a player like Theo could get, given he is reliant on his pace and movement.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Ah mate, I tore my calf at boot camp last summer - hurts like a mother f*****!

The doc has seen it this morning and she thinks my range of movement is pretty good, so it's not too bad. I was obviously being a big girl's blouse! It's a really strange sensation. When it happened (just before I put the ball into the net....silver lining of sorts!) I looked around to see the stone I thought somebody had thrown at my leg! :doh:

Can't exactly be 'run off' which is exactly what the lads on my team told me to do of course. :d

On Theo it is a really big opportunity for Gnabry to progress further and show us what he's got. I agree with Maccy that in Wenger teams a player or two usually steps up when something like this happens so let's hope it can happen again. We are in a very privileged position to have both Chamberlain AND Gnabry who can play there and are both players with quite the skill set.

I thought we needed to sign a forward before it happened so it that respect little has changed.

I am invisible
07-01-2014, 01:43 PM
The doc has seen it this morning and she thinks my range of movement is pretty good, so it's not too bad. I was obviously being a big girl's blouse! It's a really strange sensation. When it happened (just before I put the ball into the net....silver lining of sorts!) I looked around to see the stone I thought somebody had thrown at my leg! :doh:

Can't exactly be 'run off' which is exactly what the lads on my team told me to do of course. :d

On Theo it is a really big opportunity for Gnabry to progress further and show us what he's got. I agree with Maccy that in Wenger teams a player or two usually steps up when something like this happens so let's hope it can happen again. We are in a very privileged position to have both Chamberlain AND Gnabry who can play there and are both players with quite the skill set.

I thought we needed to sign a forward before it happened so it that respect little has changed.

Well the way I see it, we were without Walcott, Podolski, Cazorla and Chamberlain from the start of the season (or from the first couple of games onwards), and we weren't really seriously looking at Gnabry as an option until now, so if we now have Cazorla, Podolski and Chamberlain available again (or imminently available), and are starting to view Gnabry as a serious option, then we should still be in a better place than we have been all season in that area. As others have said, it's Theo's unique qualities that we're going to miss more than it being a problem with numbers in that area, per se - without him, we don't really have anyone who regularly looks to make runs beyond the CF. Like you, I'd stick to the original plan - concentrate on getting another CF in, and we'll just have to adapt our wide play slightly to suit the options we have.

Hopefully things will get a little easier over the coming weeks too - Giroud should be back for the next game, Ramsey should be back in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping Özil will have benefitted from his more sparing use of the festive period...

Japan Shaking All Over
07-01-2014, 01:44 PM
this. they threw coins, its clear to see via tv pictures, while he was lying there injured and according to some in the stadium, where chanting "let him die". they did the same to Sagna when he broke his leg at their ground a few years ago. they are pure scum.

contrast that with our reaction to capoue being stretchered off in september in the derby. a polite round of applause and no vile chants etc while he was being treated.

Tbf this is the Scum's behaviour is solid evidence that they recognise their inferiority to us on at every level, on the pitch, in the standings, the quality of play, running of club, the fans, you name it....we are on a different level/planet to those inbreds! Hence envy fuels caveman like reactions! They have nothing else to offer but that.....

Btw gutted over Feo.....even though I have been a strong critic of his in the past.....it's a blow for the club all around most of all him. I have always said that Inqanted him to prove me wrong and I will admit his value to the club is stronger than it has ever been.....wish him a speedy recovery

GP
07-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Vermaelen up front.

Syn
07-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Podolski will get the job done. Needs to win a starting place for Germany. And Gnabry. When in doubt, play all the Germans.

Master Splinter
07-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Great article here:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/big-deal-walcott-won-t-missed-122029314.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/fqDYSjeQhyV0IeDKXDXkkw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7aD04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/389/2012/12/03/05-expert-header-630x85-093520-1--jpg_121720.jpg

Xhaka Can’t
07-01-2014, 06:22 PM
When did 'great' come to mean 'steaming pile of turd'?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GP
07-01-2014, 06:31 PM
but when you think of a guy like Raheem Sterling coming to the fore at Liverpool, I would say he is in better form and is a better fit for England than Theo.

omfg :haha:

Power n Glory
07-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Great article here:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/big-deal-walcott-won-t-missed-122029314.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/fqDYSjeQhyV0IeDKXDXkkw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7aD04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/389/2012/12/03/05-expert-header-630x85-093520-1--jpg_121720.jpg

Stopped reading when he said we want Gerrard would be missed for England. 4 years ago maybe!

I hope we don't miss Theo but we wouldn't be top of the table now without his contribution. Any player that can get you goals and assists will be missed.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Great article here:

:gp:

Couldn't agree more.

Syn
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Hard to disagree.

GP
07-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Exactly right

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2014, 08:38 PM
All I know is Walcott is a fucking bastard. I didn't really like the bloke. Since the spuds game I have no choice but to like him. Also, I am more passionate about the steadily accumulating knobcheese on my tool than the English football team which is (and has been for years) a pile of horse manure, particularly because overrated shit like Parker played in it.

Syn
07-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Nothing wrong with scotto tbf.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Nothing wrong with scotto tbf.

Apart from the fact Dixon was 84 times better than him.

fakeyank
07-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Great article here:

Raheem Sterling?! :haha:

I thought this was a piece from the onion!

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Raheem Sterling?! :haha:

I thought this was a piece from the onion!

No, the Onion tries to mix elements of reality with farce to achieve a humorous result. Here we have only farce.

Master Splinter
07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Tbf, Sterling has been playing well and is a far superior player (now and in the future) to one-week wonders like Lennon, Townsend and Youngy.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Tbf, Sterling has been playing well and is a far superior player (now and in the future) to one-week wonders like Lennon, Townsend and Youngy.

But he's not in their league when it comes to diving and I think we'll need to rely heavily on that. So Youngy for me, he is world class.

footloose, the wanderer
08-01-2014, 03:52 AM
Bobby Pires did! Was that ACL or PCL? Calling Dr Singh.....

Bobby missed 2002 WC ........before becoming an INVINCIBLE!!!

There's a parallel to follow

I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby is involved in helping Theo along his road to recovery

It's a bad injury. Players in the past never came back the same. I think Owen suffered the same sort of injury.

selassie
08-01-2014, 02:14 PM
It's pretty much the worst kind of injury a player like Theo could get, given he is reliant on his pace and movement.

Yeah it's not good. I am hoping Theo is really eased back in because this type of injury tends to lead to a load more injuries when players come back, just niggling little injuries like muscle strains etc.

The one saving grace is Theo has time on his side, I think if he would have picked up this injury in say 5 or 6 years time then it would have been curtains for him because he would be naturally losing his pace anyway.

If rehabilitated properly he should be OK...

JonasTC
08-01-2014, 03:09 PM
The kind of injury is not that bad for Theo, since he's mostly reliant on running 100mph straight. It would be much for players like Cazorla or Özil, that are running left, right, up and down. When it happend to me, the doctor told me that it hits in when you do what he described as "running around corners". Walcott is getting the best care in the world for that injury, so we'll see him come back strong for next season :)

fakeyank
08-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Flamini tore his ACL too but he looks as good as new. I agree with JonasTC that its not the speed you have a problem with, its the instant change of direction or lateral movements which are the biggest concerns.. I should know, having torn my right ACL :(

BOBN
08-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Bobby Pires did! Was that ACL or PCL? Calling Dr Singh.....

Bobby missed 2002 WC ........before becoming an INVINCIBLE!!!

There's a parallel to follow

I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby is involved in helping Theo along his road to recovery
Nah, he was never as good as that 01-02 season again tbh.

Best player in the world for a few months.

fakeyank
09-01-2014, 12:37 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/08/arsenal-could-shelve-transfer-plans-as-nicklas-bendtner-makes-early-injury-return-4255530/

Looks like our new signing of the transfer window :doh:

WMUG
09-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Pure conjecture.

KSE Comedy Club
09-01-2014, 07:43 AM
All theo needs is some good old fashioned horse placenta.

Either that or the same 'non performance enhancing' injections that Messi had in his legs, you know, the ones that didn't make him dribble like the ball is stuck to his feet.

He'll be fine.

I am invisible
09-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Good news if Bendtner will be back in a couple of weeks - with Giroud, Ramsey and the Ox back soon too, we'll be going from an injury crisis that threatens to derail out season to just Walcott being out. Still need a world-class striker, but this makes things much easier...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah, true.