PDA

View Full Version : Kim Kallstrom (official)

AKBapologist
31-01-2014, 03:49 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/31/article-2549295-1B18BDA600000578-480_634x494.jpg
31 years old

Midfielder

Played 108 times for Sweden

Has won - Ligue 1 title and Coupe de France twice

Last league start for spartak moscow 83 days ago

Joins us on 6 month loan.

Super super quality.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 03:57 PM
MEH

Munchies
31-01-2014, 04:02 PM
:yawn:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Kall Me Maybe.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Oh fuck it, if this is how it's going to be then welcome to Arsenal and please kick the shit out of that bitch Nasri if you want to be an instant hero.

BOBN
31-01-2014, 04:16 PM
We spunked all our money on Ozil. Best Run Club In Europe Apart From Porto And That :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Well Wenger did say we were on the look out for anything exceptional.

Marc Overmars
31-01-2014, 04:19 PM
On FM 2005 there were a small group of players I always signed. Podolski and Kallstrom were 2 of those. Just need Guarin, Adu and Mokoena to complete the set now. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 04:21 PM
On FM 2005 there were a small group of players I always signed. Podolski and Kallstrom were 2 of those. Just need Guarin, Adu and Mokoena to complete the set now. :bow:

9 years later he must be awesome!

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Well Wenger did say we were on the look out for anything exceptional.

Remarkable bit of business.

JonasTC
31-01-2014, 04:51 PM
9 years later he must be awesome!

Podolski is... :)

fakeyank
31-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Looks like Lampard :sick:

Arsenal Football Club :rose:

Gooner23
31-01-2014, 05:01 PM
He hasnt played a league game for almost 3 months, how is that going to help us in the short-term?

Centre mid is probably the last position I thought we needed to strengthen. If Giroud, Sagna or one of Merts/Kos pick up a serious injury in the 2nd half of the season we are utterly fucked.

selassie
31-01-2014, 05:04 PM
We're awash with money and the best we can come up with is a crocked swedish midfielder who has never realised his potential.

Yeah I know its a loan but....this is just ridiculous.

Where is our striker or are we still working on the Klose deal? :rolleyes:

Özim
31-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Wenger January transfer plans =======>>>>> A joke

topgun
31-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Neither surprised or disappointed,its par for the course really,this clubs board and manager are totally focused on a top four slot so why spend big money to bring in the talent that the fans and every man and his dog knows is required to have a chance of maybe winning when its not a priority.I'm sure they have looked at City and like a lot of others think they will be very difficult to finish above anyway so why chuck money away.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Neither surprised or disappointed,its par for the course really,this clubs board and manager are totally focused on a top four slot so why spend big money to bring in the talent that the fans and every man and his dog knows is required to have a chance of maybe winning when its not a priority.I'm sure they have looked at City and like a lot of others think they will be very difficult to finish above anyway so why chuck money away.

What have you done with Coney?

I am invisible
31-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Underwhelming. I mean sure, the squad's stronger than it was yesterday, but still...

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2014, 07:40 PM
And so it has been done.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/club-agrees-loan-move-for-kim-kallstrom

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2014, 07:40 PM
The news has broken SSN's cameras at the Emirates.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-01-2014, 07:46 PM
I think there was more excitment for the Yaya Sanago signing.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Massive tbf. Can't see what will stop us winning the title now. Provided he doesn't get injured or die of old age, of course.

Marc Overmars
31-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Welcome to Arsenal Kim.

GP
31-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I dated a chick called Kim.

Fucking bitch.

Power n Glory
31-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the Arsenal bench!

Özim
31-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Wenger talks about super super quality and finding better players than we have and then signs players like Kalstrom and tried to sign Kalou. He makes himself look like a real plank sometimes :doh:

Letters
31-01-2014, 09:08 PM
. He makes himself look like a real plank sometimes :doh:
You two have so much in common

Özim
31-01-2014, 09:13 PM

I only look like a plank when I do the side plank in the gym.

Özim
31-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Massive tbf. Can't see what will stop us winning the title now. Provided he doesn't get injured or die of old age, of course.

JonasTC has seen him, with him being Danish and all and he's as good as Arteta and Flamini.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Kim is Swedish.

Anyway, I wonder if Dennis Lachter is his agent?

Özim
31-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Kim is Swedish.

Anyway, I wonder if Dennis Lachter is his agent?

Yeah but JonasTC said something about Danish.

fakeyank
31-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Wenger talks about super super quality and finding better players than we have and then signs players like Kalstrom and tried to sign Kalou. He makes himself look like a real plank sometimes :doh:

Sometimes? :lol:

JonasTC
31-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah but JonasTC said something about Danish.

I said that i'm danish and i know quite a bit about scandinavian footballers :)

Özim
31-01-2014, 09:34 PM
I said that i'm danish and i know quite a bit about scandinavian footballers :)

Scandinavian football is poor at the moment, there's not many quality players, unlike 15 years ago.

Zlatan is a bit special but you'd struggle to name another decent Swede player anyone would really want, they seem to be efficient and solid rather than anything special.

IBK
31-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Underwhelmed. Sorry. This would be news for a bottom half EPL team. Not for us.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Oh well, at least it's only on loan. A stopgap before we get Draxler and Bender this summer.

Looking at the pics he seems to be delighted to get out of Russia and play for a team like ours.

Penguin
31-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Kallstrom's always been a good footballer tbh. He wouldn't be a bad signing if made in conjunction with the right signings in the positions we're weak in. That's the problem though, Wenger doesn't know what the weak areas are. :wacko:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Yesh, this is like the Flamini/ Ozil summer but without Ozil and half of Flamini.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 09:59 PM
'I’m here to do my best for Arsenal and to help out the team, so we can achieve good results for the last part of the season.'

Fair enough I suppose, let's see what he can do. If he even gets a game.

Injury Time
31-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Well that is worth the entrance fee for Bayern added to my season ticket alone :ilt:

GP
31-01-2014, 10:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfVyI15CAAEAl26.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2014, 10:16 PM
FFS. :haha:

fakeyank
31-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Absolute car crash of a winter transfer window

Wenger has officially lost the plot :rose:

Tear up that new contract that is on offer tbh.. make him earn it.

Master Splinter
31-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Kim :bow:.

Hope he plays well for us and lessens the impact of losing two of our most prolific scorers and assisters and not having a reliable back-up for Giroud. He can do it. Come on Kim.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 10:43 PM
It's not much to ask.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-02-2014, 12:15 AM
How does it feel to be United? How does it feel to be small? You signed Mata, we signed Kimmy Kallstrom, Kimmy Kallstrom, Kimmy Kallstrom

:getcoat:

Alpha
01-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Some people as usual make ridiculous comments without even knowing the player and I bet they have never seen him play . Kim is actually a decent player with bags of experience . He has a nice shot , hard tackles and can read the game well .
To be fair , Wenger tried to sign some other players notably : Blaise Matuidi from PSG , Vucinic from Juve , Cisse from Newcastle , Klose, Julian Draxler from Schalke ..etc but it didn't work out .

Even the mighty Monaco ,who has unlimited funds for the transfer, couldn't find a player to replace the injured Falcao . They went for the ageing Berbatov .
Man United got Mata because they paid excessive money and Chelsea did not want him and could not have turn down such an amount .

Bumble
01-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Some people as usual make ridiculous comments without even knowing the player and I bet they have never seen him play . Kim is actually a decent player with bags of experience . He has a nice shot , hard tackles and can read the game well .
To be fair , Wenger tried to sign some other players notably : Blaise Matuidi from PSG , Vucinic from Juve , Cisse from Newcastle , Klose, Julian Draxler from Schalke ..etc but it didn't work out .

Even the mighty Monaco ,who has unlimited funds for the transfer, couldn't find a player to replace the injured Falcao . They went for the ageing Berbatov .
Man United got Mata because they paid excessive money and Chelsea did not want him and could not have turn down such an amount .

don't think the mata price was that excessive considering you know what you are getting with him in English football with the number of goals and assists he has had over the last two season.

kallstrom was quality in championship, always a top young player to buy.

Injury Time
01-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Kallstrom does not speak particularly good English.
He'll fit straight in :good:

Alpha
01-02-2014, 10:21 AM
don't think the mata price was that excessive considering you know what you are getting with him in English football with the number of goals and assists he has had over the last two season.

kallstrom was quality in championship, always a top young player to buy.

I don't deny Mata is a good player . But if 37millions was a good price that could surely have triggered a bidding war and Man U could have been easily outbid by the likes of Monaco , PSG and the Russian teams .

Özim
01-02-2014, 11:03 AM
This is a totally pointless signing, I'd actually rather we'd signed nobody rather than getting this guy and played Gnabry and some of the other kids more.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2014, 12:17 PM
12:12: The wrong Kim

Somehow, I think Arsenal supporters have been tweeting the wrong Kim Kallstrom...

Kim Kallstrom: Thanks...I did play soccer back in the day, but won't be playing for the Arsenal. I am just a soccer mom in Tennessee now!

https://twitter.com/KKallstrom

:lol:

WMUG
01-02-2014, 12:44 PM
This is a totally pointless signing, I'd actually rather we'd signed nobody rather than getting this guy and played Gnabry and some of the other kids more.

Oh yeah, no way you'd be the first one moaning and grumbling if we'd gone to sign him and failed/changed our minds.

Penguin
01-02-2014, 12:47 PM
https://twitter.com/KKallstrom

:haha:

Özim
01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah, no way you'd be the first one moaning and grumbling if we'd gone to sign him and failed/changed our minds.

Complaining about us not signing a nobody, you mean just like I'm complaining we haven't signed Kalou.....get real!

Heisenberg
01-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Well, whatever. He's an Arsenal player now, which means I'll cheer him when he plays and hope he does well here.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 01:49 PM

Man United got Mata because they paid excessive money and Chelsea did not want him and could not have turn down such an amount .Ok, let me stop you there.

Kallstrom isn't what we need. We should be looking to make a permanent signing not a loan deal, but ultimately we need a goal scorer and he isn't it.

Monaco don't need to buy another player to replace Falcao, because they will have Falcao back at some point, so a loan deal is a better option.

Man Utd paid a fair price for Mata. There is nothing wrong with his price for a player of his quality and from a 'rival team'

We are now a club which is stocked with midfielders and not much else.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 01:54 PM

Yeh, but this time, Zim is right.

Syn
01-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Jeebus, I have you pegged as one of those people that are far more interested in transfers/signings than what actually happens on the pitch. Amirite?

GP
01-02-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm a big fan, me. I watch a bit of the Russian league. 'Es quick, he's got pace, he's fast.

T'riffic.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Jeebus, I have you pegged as one of those people that are far more interested in transfers/signings than what actually happens on the pitch. Amirite?
Er...no.

I just care that when we are short and need strengthening in at least one certain position to push on and, oh I don't know, maybe win the title and or other silverware, we don't really do what's necessary.

We've done fantastically well up until this point considering what we were expecting at the start of the season, but you can see that the last few games we have been struggling on the pitch. We needed reinforcements and something to give the team a boost and most importantly some help for Giroud and that hasn't happened.

I wish Kim all the best and I will cheer him on as an Arsenal player as I do everyone else each week as its not his fault.

But let's not make excuses for another poor window.

Syn
01-02-2014, 02:12 PM
We don't need help for Giroud we just need a better striker than Giroud, and at the least better than Podolski. But January was clearly not going to be the time to make than move, we needed to make it in the summer. No fan is going to be particularly happy with this window but this sea of moaning and negativity is a bit silly considering where we are in the league. But maybe crying together will make it all better. Therapeutic. Shhh it b'alright jebus. We're all going to make it breh.

Power n Glory
01-02-2014, 02:26 PM
:doh:

The Ozil signing lifted spirits but this is the sort of signing that brings us down and divides the fans. Some very patronising posts and given the last 8 years, I can't understand how posters on here can be so dismissive of others that are disappointed and concerned. We'll see how the season pans out but I think we've missed a massive opportunity and could have one of those weeks where all our hard work for the season is undone.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Apparently Kallstrom's been injured in training today and is out for 2-3 months

AKBapologist
01-02-2014, 02:35 PM

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 02:41 PM
We don't need help for Giroud we just need a better striker than Giroud, and at the least better than Podolski. But January was clearly not going to be the time to make than move, we needed to make it in the summer. No fan is going to be particularly happy with this window but this sea of moaning and negativity is a bit silly considering where we are in the league. But maybe crying together will make it all better. Therapeutic. Shhh it b'alright jebus. We're all going to make it breh.

It doesn't matter where we are in the league now. The point is we probably wont be there at the end of the season because, yet again, we didn't do what was necessary!

We could have got a striker in this window it really isn't the impossible thing its being made out to be.

Im just expressing my views on an open forum, that is what it is here for.

I didn't realise GW was a communist state, apologies oh great leader :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Sounds like BS to me. How exactly is a random Swedish newspaper able to diagnose an injury and estimate the injury period before most likely our own medical team have been able to do their analysis?

If it's true, at least he'll have access to top medical facilities, all free of charge of course.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Sounds like BS to me. How exactly is a random Swedish newspaper able to diagnose an injury and estimate the injury period before most likely our own medical team have been able to do their analysis?
If it's true, at least he'll have access to top medical facilities, all free of charge of course.

Because our medical team is made up of witchdoctors and diploma's off ebay?

Munchies
01-02-2014, 02:49 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-02-2014, 02:53 PM
reports were right about aaron ramsey being out for six weeks

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 02:54 PM
reports were right about aaron ramsey being out for six weeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7xQIXaGcA

Munchies
01-02-2014, 02:55 PM
He's got a back injury :lol:

Guess he really is out for that long.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 02:57 PM
FFS Sky Sports confirm it but all they say is that he won't play tommorow.

Syn
01-02-2014, 02:57 PM

We'll do it for Kallstrom.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-02-2014, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7xQIXaGcA

That was me by the way, sent a fake goal alert to someone in the crowd.

GP
01-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Sure

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Another useless signing. Wenger sure likes giving away free wages.

Should just stick Zelalem in the middle, he's already a better player.

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Reports relating to worst-possible-scenario injury news are always reliable when it comes to Arsenal. Even if it's Tribalfootball, Goal.com or Myles Palmer reporting it.

There must be a curse on the club. Only wild explanations are left when the situation has gone completely and permanently beyond the ridiculous.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Injuries happen. Could have been to a player we signed for £30 million too.

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Injuries happen. Could have been to a player we signed for £30 million too.

Not when you sign a player who's hardly been match fit this season, AKA Kallstrom.

Wenger has dropped the ball on this.

Useless signing. He won't even get in the team when everyone is back , if they do get back that is.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Sure

you doubt the veracity of my claim which i can in no way substantiate?

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Another useless signing. Wenger sure likes giving away free wages.

Just out of interest, which of our recent signings have been useless?

WUMger in transfer season really does have the magic touch.

Edinburgh Gooner
01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
He was not signed in time to make tomorrow's squad I believe. All these outlets saying injury has put him out are a little premature I hope.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Not when you sign a player who's hardly been match fit this season, AKA Kallstrom.

Useless signing. He won't even get in the team when everyone is back , if they do get back that is.

We get players injured no matter whether they have played often or infrequent. Anyway this 2-3 months stance is supposedly inaccurate says Ornstein.

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Just out of interest, which of our recent signings have been useless?

WUMger in transfer season really does have the magic touch.

Sanogo. Park Santos from the top of my head

Not to mention Diaby is a crock, and is still on the wage bill. Get the fucker off, he'll never be back ffs

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-02-2014, 03:15 PM
a back injury in a first training session does suggest the player wasn't fit.

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Exactly.

And he's aggravated it most likely. Probably a underlying injury which the shoddy medical didn't catch.

selassie
01-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Because our medical team is made up of witchdoctors and diploma's off ebay?

:d

He'll probably have a setback when he returns right in time to be fit for Spartak Moscow's season!

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 03:17 PM

Isn't the point of a medical meant to determine this?

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Isn't the point of a medical meant to determine this?

You're forgetting our medical team are a load of Nick Riviera students.

No team has as useless of a medical team as we do.

Power n Glory
01-02-2014, 03:19 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/01/arsenals-new-signing-kim-kallstrom-injured-in-first-training-session-4286865/

That's a joke!

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Sanogo. Park Santos from the top of my head

Not to mention Diaby is a crock, and is still on the wage bill. Get the fucker off, he'll never be back ffs

Park, Santos are not really recent.

Sanogo was a free experiment. But even if you were to include him, he's the only one that's been 'useless'. All other signings have been excellent additions to the squad who have helped us to become an extremely consistent and solid team.

McNamara That Ghost...
You're forgetting our medical team are a load of Nick Riviera students.

So why would it have made any difference if it had been Draxler ie somebody else who also hasn't played for a while?

Darknight02
You just cannot make this shit up.

Marc Overmars
01-02-2014, 03:22 PM
This fucker is injured already?

Wonderful.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM
So who's the cover for the cover?

Zealem? Eisfield? I do rate them both, more them Kallstrom in fact so it may not be all that bad news.

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM

And I understand you're upset, but making things up doesn't help.

He may not have played every game, but he's been fit and available.

And you do know they're on their winter break since December in Russia too?

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/12278/?cc=5739

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Park, Santos are not really recent.

Sanogo was a free experiment. But even if you were to include him, he's the only one that's been 'useless'. All other signings have been excellent additions to the squad who have helped us to become an extremely consistent and solid team.

Fair enough, but overall, we're a top striker away from winning the league. We needed a striker last summer, and it was a top priority of ours, and we still haven't gotten one. What's the point if the whole team is consistent, but up front we've ended up with Bentdner/Sanogo.

So why would it have made any difference if it had been Draxler ie somebody else who also hasn't played for a while?

I guess so, but still, Draxler has played more than Kallstorm has this season, around 3 times more.

Özim
01-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Wow the player we never wanted is injured. It's almost like we never signed him and decided to give away a chunk of money for no reason.

This serves Wenger right for signing a player who's 31 and hasn't played in 3 months.

Wenger :lol:

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Wow the player we never wanted is injured. It's almost like we never signed him and decided to give away a chunk of money for no reason.

This serves Wenger right for signing a player who's 31 and hasn't played in 3 months.

That's all you can do really, so pathetic it's funny :lol:

Munchies
01-02-2014, 03:33 PM
And I understand you're upset, but making things up doesn't help.

He may not have played every game, but he's been fit and available.

And you do know they're on their winter break since December in Russia too?

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/12278/?cc=5739

What'd I make up ? He's hardly played this season.

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM

The 8th of December was three months ago?

Özim
01-02-2014, 03:36 PM
The 8th of December was three months ago?

I don't get it :unsure:

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 03:38 PM
What'd I make up ? He's hardly played this season.

You said he hadn't been fit. He clearly has been, if he's played games and been on the bench.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Serves wenger and the club right for fucking about and not doing what they should have done in the first place.

There is no defending this at all, on any level.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-02-2014, 04:39 PM
The Calvary has gone down....abandon ship Cap'n!..... You could not make it up.

It's so incredible I actually just laughed. Heard it from a Manure supporting friend who I instantly assumed was on a wind up. I confess that I hadn't realised Kallstrom was as old as he was but he has been a reasonable pro over his career and I was happy enough to have him. That's not to say I was at all satisfied with the lack of other dealings though and this becomes rather like a tour/extended break for Kallstrom. He must love us....

I have mostly be ruing the failure of last summer this season than anything else but that becomes a broken record and I have long since bored myself with it.

GP
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 4m
Clarification - Kallstrom out for at least 6 games with back injury found in medical before signing. Not done in training #afc #bbcfootball

Marc Overmars
01-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Good cover then.

LDG
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 4m
Clarification - Kallstrom out for at least 6 games with back injury found in medical before signing. Not done in training #afc #bbcfootball

So we took him on loan, injured, as cover, knowing he would miss six games.

Good call.

GP
01-02-2014, 04:57 PM
So we took him on loan, injured, as cover, knowing he would miss six games.

Good call.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl7ThEfccvxvp8qGU0m_1NP1OdyBsXI-g9maTmu6YkhHIMvWZ5

Munchies
01-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Oh my

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2014, 05:04 PM
And people thought we failed to pick up the injury during the medical. :lol:

:unsure:

Darknight02
01-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Is this a fcuking joke? Out for six weeks? Missing the season defining parts of our season? Will need more time to get up to speed and fitness after recovering so you can add another 4 weeks to that.

I have a lot more patience that a lot but can anyone make sense of this signing unless he's Wenger a illegitimate child?

"New Arsenal signing Kim Kallstom is set for a spell on the sidelines with a back injury that was discovered in the medical beforre he signed on loan from Spartak Moscow.

"The 31-year-old Sweden midfielder sustained the problem on Tuesday while playing football on a beach during Spartak's pre-season tour in Abu Dhabi.

"He informed Arsenal of discomfort upon arriving at the club on Friday but, despite an MRI scan showing no damage, a CT scan found an issue with his back.

"The Arsenal medical team provided manager Arsene Wenger with the prognosis, but it was decided Kallstrom would still join and undergo his rehabilitation with the Gunners.

"He is expected to miss at least Arsenal's next six games, in which they face Crystal Palace, Liverpool twice, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Sunderland.

"Kallstrom did not train with his new team-mates on Friday or Saturday and will briefly return to Sweden and Russia before moving to London and beginning a course of treatment.

"The former Lyon player, Arsenal's only signing in the January transfer window, joined on loan until the end of the season to provide cover for injured midfielders Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, plus the suspended Mathieu Flamini."

GP
01-02-2014, 05:07 PM
:shrug:

I don't care that much tbh.

He wasn't likely to play many games anyway.

Munchies
01-02-2014, 05:08 PM
And people thought we failed to pick up the injury during the medical. :lol:

:unsure:

It's even worse now :lol:

Bumble
01-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Maybe he was signed to provide cover on the treatment table when Wilshire, ramsey etc need to go to the toilet.

Darknight02
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Lol @ Bumble.

fakeyank
01-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Oh dear lord... cant wait to see Ollie and Jonas defend Wenger on this crap! :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2014, 05:30 PM
This is a loan right?

Just send him back.

Power n Glory
01-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Oh dear lord... cant wait to see Ollie and Jonas defend Wenger on this crap! :lol:

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 05:37 PM
WUMger has surpassed himself.

His finest WUM?

It would have been easier to not sign anyone but he just couldn't resist a +1.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Just baffaling. What's the point in him then if he can't provide cover when needed.

I mean there's no way he's even making the bench when everyone's fit.

Master Splinter
01-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Just baffaling. What's the point in him then if he can't provide cover when needed.

I mean there's no way he's even making the bench when everyone's fit.

Baffaling :bow:.

Darknight02
01-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I reiterate.

I really would like to ask those of us on here who support Wenger more (I'm usually one of them mind!) what they think of this?

If he wasn't injured and before we found this I at least understood this because truth be told I was concerned about our midfield options.

But with this information I really am struggling to see how it will benefit us in anyway.

He's out for six weeks and six key games.

What is the point?

Marc Overmars
01-02-2014, 05:45 PM
This is a loan right?

Just send him back.

We'll need him for our late push for 4th.

RomfordPele
01-02-2014, 05:53 PM
This is dodgy as hell if they already knew he was injured.

Brown envelopes all round?

selassie
01-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Sky Sports were reporting that we signed him knowing full well he had a back problem, surely this has got be a joke?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Wenger must have just thought 'fuck it', we're not getting anybody else now.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Maybe we're planning on asking him to be our new Swedish scout after he retires.

IBK
01-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Madness. Along with Park and Bischoff another WTF moment from our flawed manager.

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2014, 06:11 PM
There is no non brown envelope excuse that has this making any sense whatsoever.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Utter incompetence all round.

By the time this has been is back fit Ramsey, Wilshere, Flamini will all be back playing.

Jesus fucking Christ!!!

Letters
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
It doesn't matter where we are in the league now. The point is we probably wont be there at the end of the season because, yet again, we didn't do what was necessary!That isn't why.

Arsenaladdict
01-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Can't we get one of the other Sex and the City birds to step in?

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Can't we get one of the other Sex and the City birds to step in?

We're more likely to end up with the last of the Golden Girls.

LDG
01-02-2014, 07:24 PM
When he comes back from injury. He will be like a new signing.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Not that it makes the entire situation any less ridicolous but apparently he injured his back playing beach football in Abu Dhabi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26000458

I blame Citeh :coffee:

LDG
01-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Not that it makes the entire situation any less ridicolous but apparently he injured his back playing beach football trying to emulate Abou Diaby.

I blame Citeh :coffee:

Fixed that for ya.

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2014, 07:35 PM
When he comes back from injury. He will be like a new signing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Hopefully it gives a chance for one of the creative players to play alongside Arteta with Podolski left wide.....

Might give us an attacking edge...?

fakeyank
01-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Sack Wenger tbh. He has lost the plot.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Letters
01-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Sack Wenger tbh. He has lost the plot.

You are such a toddler.

Fist of Lehmann
01-02-2014, 08:00 PM
So run this shit past me one more time.

If reports are true, we just signed cover for Ramsey (out 6 weeks) with a guy who is out for 6 weeks¿

Totally baffalafelling.

Munchies
01-02-2014, 08:06 PM
So run this shit past me one more time.

If reports are true, we just signed cover for Ramsey (out 6 weeks) with a guy who is out for 6 weeks¿

Totally baffalafelling.

And Wenget knew he was injured when he signed him.

Marc Overmars
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
It is pretty strange to say the least.

Looks to be nothing but a punt. Hopefully he can be useful if we are still in contention when he's fit.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 08:39 PM
:haha: just read all this, I am panting with the laughter. It's agony.

This is the master wind up of all time from WUMger. You have to laugh at this, no point doing anything else. It's a genius gag. Fuck, I think I'm going to shit myself laughing.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Wenger has to go? You're kidding me, right? Name one comedian who can pull this sort of shit off. The guy deserves a raise as far as I'm concerned, biggest laugh I've had in years.

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2014, 08:40 PM
This is as pointless as Pal Lydersen. Perhaps moreso.

Letters
01-02-2014, 08:42 PM

This is the master wind up of all time from WUMger. You have to laugh at this, no point doing anything else. It's a genius gag. Fuck, I think I'm going to shit myself laughing.
:lol: He's probably been reading GW and did it specifically to push Zim over the edge.

Wenger :bow:

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 08:44 PM
No, this is miles better. We weren't having the equivalent of Draxler waved under our noses on the Lyderson deal. This is a classic.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
The loan fee was "not much money" :haha: Remember that?

Grebbo
01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
He's just a white Sanogo

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 08:47 PM
This has GOT to be on Sunday Supplement tomorrow, I can't wait for this. I hope it's Martin Samuel.

Özim
01-02-2014, 08:54 PM
:lol: He's probably been reading GW and did it specifically to push Zim over the edge.

Wenger :bow:

He doesn't realise how much mental strength I have. He should know better really.

Grebbo
01-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Every time Martin Samuel laughs on Sunday Supplement I think he's about to have a heart attack.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Every time Martin Samuel laughs on Sunday Supplement I think he's about to have a heart attack.

Yes, exactly.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 09:01 PM
I saw the thread had jumped to 15 pages and wondered WTF had happened. The thought he was already injured crossed my mind but I ruled it out as too ridiculous even by our standards. Hilarity ensued when I found out it actually was an injury but the urine really started flowing when I heard he was injured on arrival. The the bit about being waved through the medical, 24 carat comedy gold.

It's actually not a bad way at all to laugh off this transfer window and just get on with it.

Grebbo
01-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Yes, exactly.

Haven't watched SS for months, does he still keep moving his fringe from his eyes? Just cut it you fat cunt!

I do like him though tbh, not sure why.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Haven't watched SS for months, does he still keep moving his fringe from his eyes? Just cut it you fat cunt!

I do like him though tbh, not sure why.

I deliberately dislocate my kneecap when it's his turn to speak.

Letters
01-02-2014, 09:07 PM
He doesn't realise how much mental strength I have. He should know better really.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
I deliberately dislocate my kneecap when it's his turn to speak.

Diaby. :bow:

Letters
01-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Maybe he was signed to provide cover on the treatment table when Wilshire, ramsey etc need to go to the toilet.

:haha: Brilliant.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Utter incompetence all round.

By the time this has been is back fit Ramsey, Wilshere, Flamini will all be back playing.

Jesus fucking Christ!!!
Hmm, nice editing.

I see communism runs rife on this MB :sulk:

Fist of Lehmann
01-02-2014, 09:32 PM
He doesn't realise how much mental strength I have.

About as much as Arshavin in a cake shop.

Munchies
01-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Diaby. :bow:

Wot ?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSiR-YaIEAEsweM.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-02-2014, 10:02 PM
He has a lower body cast on under those pants.

Just incase he falls off the kerb.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Haha!

Wasn't he a footballer once?

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2014, 10:55 PM

I suppose you think this is a laughing matter.

fakeyank
01-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Wenger has to go? You're kidding me, right? Name one comedian who can pull this sort of shit off. The guy deserves a raise as far as I'm concerned, biggest laugh I've had in years.

I'm sorry to call for his head. Man's a genius tbf... no one ever, not even Ashley Cole, could ever get on so many gooners nerves acting like nothing happened!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Alpha
01-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Ok, let me stop you there.

Kallstrom isn't what we need. We should be looking to make a permanent signing not a loan deal, but ultimately we need a goal scorer and he isn't it.

Monaco don't need to buy another player to replace Falcao, because they will have Falcao back at some point, so a loan deal is a better option.

Man Utd paid a fair price for Mata. There is nothing wrong with his price for a player of his quality and from a 'rival team'

We are now a club which is stocked with midfielders and not much else.

Fair enough . Kallstrom was not what we needed in the first place . I totally agree with you .But that was when our midfield was overcrowded . Now ,everything has changed with injuries and suspension .
Also , our goals don't come from our strikers . We get more goals from our midfield . That is the reason why we don't really need a goalscoring striker but a powerful striker who can make space for our midfielders and bring them into play . Giroud is doing that superbly and can still score some goals . Giroud is a tough guy . Not a guy who can get injured easily . In case the unexpected happen , Bendtner can be a good cover even though most fans hate him .

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Bendtner can be a good cover even though most fans hate him

No

GP
01-02-2014, 11:29 PM
I suppose you think this is a laughing matter.

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Özim
01-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Fair enough . Kallstrom was not what we needed in the first place . I totally agree with you .But that was when our midfield was overcrowded . Now ,everything has changed with injuries and suspension .
Also , our goals don't come from our strikers . We get more goals from our midfield . That is the reason why we don't really need a goalscoring striker but a powerful striker who can make space for our midfielders and bring them into play . Giroud is doing that superbly and can still score some goals . Giroud is a tough guy . Not a guy who can get injured easily . In case the unexpected happen , Bendtner can be a good cover even though most fans hate him .

You're wrong, we do need a goalscoring striker it would make us a much better side, recently we've just looked quite toothless and struggled to get goals, this idea that our midfield score the goals and we don't need a striker is rubbish, why wouldn't you want a goalscoring striker as well to give the team another dimension?

Giroud has done quite well but he's very limited, we actually got a preview of what it would be like to have someone decent up front when we played against Spurs and looked really dangerous, Walcott missed a few that day but played well and we looked so much more potent that usual.

Ralpheroo72
02-02-2014, 12:20 AM
This is a loan right?

Just send him back.

Send the buggers back...

Xhaka Can’t
02-02-2014, 12:45 AM
That would be an ecumenical matter.

ARSE!

Xhaka Can’t
02-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Send the buggers back...

Great. Just fuckin wonderful.

How am I gonna go to sleep with that going through my head?

Thanks a lot.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-02-2014, 01:43 AM
Can't even be arsed to be angry, being angry has done nothing over the past 8 years.

Think I'll just laugh.

Bumble
02-02-2014, 04:41 AM
6 weeks takes us to mid march plus couple weeks training to build up fitness. So perhap he will be available start April. So for last 5-6 games of the season, marvellous.

AFC Leveller
02-02-2014, 07:22 AM
Sanogo, Diaby, Park and now Kalstrum joins the list of useless fucking nobodies who are taking undeserved wages and vital squad spaces.

WTF are you doing AW?

Ralpheroo72
02-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Apparently we are trying to send the bugger back

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/02/arsenal-try-to-send-kim-kallstrom-back-to-spartak-moscow/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+ Post%29

Gooner23
02-02-2014, 10:19 AM
This has got to be Wengers biggest WUM yet

Bumble
02-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Why would Spartak agree. We knew of his injury and considering he was meant to provide short term cover in midfield. why would you sign someone with any sort of injury as you need the cover now!!!!

Alpha
02-02-2014, 10:30 AM
You're wrong, we do need a goalscoring striker it would make us a much better side, recently we've just looked quite toothless and struggled to get goals, this idea that our midfield score the goals and we don't need a striker is rubbish, why wouldn't you want a goalscoring striker as well to give the team another dimension?

Giroud has done quite well but he's very limited, we actually got a preview of what it would be like to have someone decent up front when we played against Spurs and looked really dangerous, Walcott missed a few that day but played well and we looked so much more potent that usual.

Maybe you got me wrong when I said we don't need a goalscoring striker . Giroud is not a Heskey . He was prolific in France . He is still accommodating himself in our system . It is not easy to do strait away what he is doing and score many goals .
Two seasons back , we had what you can call a top goalscorer in RVP . Did we get to the level we are today ? He scored around 30 for us and got us nowhere . Giroud will not score that much but , at least , we are competing for the title .
Individual and isolated performance are good but teamwork is much better in my opinion . I also think that scoring goals or defending is not an issue for us this season .Maybe talk about cover to crucial positions .

Alpha
02-02-2014, 10:39 AM
No

Well ,the only reason you say No is because you are amongst those who hate him .Until now he has proved his worth . Didn't he score in FA cup when Giroud was injured and when we desperately needed a goal ?

I am not his fan but I always try to be fair . The kind of abuse he receives from his own fans can not improve his performances . And we are not doing ourselves any favour at all . We are playing with a boomerang .Which might strike ourselves . We need to support all our players as long as they pulling our jersey .

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Bendtner doesn't give a damn about this club. He's here because nobody else is dumb enough to pay him 52k a week. When his contract expires and the milk supply dries up he'll be gone. He's had many chances to establish himself here, he's blown them all. Useless lump. Maybe he has scored a few for Denmark but the quality of international football is very low once you look beyond Spain, Germany.

Power n Glory
02-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Why would Spartak agree. We knew of his injury and considering he was meant to provide short term cover in midfield. why would you sign someone with any sort of injury as you need the cover now!!!!

I'm telling you, the guy must be gay and he's seeking asylum! He wants out of Russia and they're happy to oblige.

On a serious note, it makes no sense how this has happened but it ranks up their with the Bishoff and Park deals. I can almost understand why we'd take a gamble on injury prone young players like Bishoff and Sanogo because they're young and have potential. This one makes no sense because it's a 6 month loan and defeats the purpose of the move. The scouting network needs a real shake up. It's getting worse.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Surely the worst transfer window in the history of world football? Can anyone think of a bigger farce anywhere else at any time? Park was the second worst in history, Sanogo probably top 10. You cast around for reasons why this guy even appeared on our radar, never mind landed a loan deal, and there's nothing there. No conceivable answers. But the biggest problem is not what we did, it's what we didn't do. We didn't do a single thing to suggest we are now serious about moving on as a serious contender. On the contrary, we took a giant step backwards. That doesn't mean we haven't played well this year, it doesn't mean we haven't performed well overall, it just means the good work has been setback by Wenger taking careful aim and shooting his foot off.

You can't criticise him too much for baulking at paying almost £40mill for a kid with potential, fair enough. But it's perfectly valid to criticise him for not correcting the errors of the summer by signing a striker of some sort just to provide the cover for Giroud. That's the oversight that will cost us a realistic shot at the title this year. And it's no good saying we tried hard on the last day of the window. What were we doing for the other 30 days?

Basically, what a fuck up.

Letters
02-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Apparently we are trying to send the bugger back

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/02/arsenal-try-to-send-kim-kallstrom-back-to-spartak-moscow/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+ Post%29
I hope we kept the receipt <_<

IBK
02-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Surely the worst transfer window in the history of world football? Can anyone think of a bigger farce anywhere else at any time? Park was the second worst in history, Sanogo probably top 10. You cast around for reasons why this guy even appeared on our radar, never mind landed a loan deal, and there's nothing there. No conceivable answers. But the biggest problem is not what we did, it's what we didn't do. We didn't do a single thing to suggest we are now serious about moving on as a serious contender. On the contrary, we took a giant step backwards. That doesn't mean we haven't played well this year, it doesn't mean we haven't performed well overall, it just means the good work has been setback by Wenger taking careful aim and shooting his foot off.

You can't criticise him too much for baulking at paying almost £40mill for a kid with potential, fair enough. But it's perfectly valid to criticise him for not correcting the errors of the summer by signing a striker of some sort just to provide the cover for Giroud. That's the oversight that will cost us a realistic shot at the title this year. And it's no good saying we tried hard on the last day of the window. What were we doing for the other 30 days?

Basically, what a fuck up.

Yup. Don't get it at all.

Darknight02
02-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Wenger explains Kallstrom signing.

Interesting thoughts.

I think 4-6 weeks is purely precautionary. He'll be up and mobilising and probably training with the team.

Interesting that AW feels that when you consider the stature of the player and the quality he must see something decent in him to take that chance.

We have strong midfield options don't forget and I suppose it's fine for what he'll give us.

Anyway still disappointed without a striker or winger but I can kind of begin to understand the signing.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Basically Spartak are paying for his holiday.

saintnickle
02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Wenger explains Kallstrom signing.

Interesting thoughts.

I think 4-6 weeks is purely precautionary. He'll be up and mobilising and probably training with the team.

Interesting that AW feels that when you consider the stature of the player and the quality he must see something decent in him to take that chance.

We have strong midfield options don't forget and I suppose it's fine for what he'll give us.

Anyway still disappointed without a striker or winger but I can kind of begin to understand the signing.

So why has it taken till now to try and sign him(on loan??)Is it cos hes free??

Ollie the Optimist
02-02-2014, 07:34 PM
even after Arsene's explanation of signing him knowing about the injury, it makes sense to me. not a player i would have myself signed but its clear he has been signed as cover for the title run in. makes sense. It did make me laugh though seeing people moan about signing a 31 one year old on twitter then the next tweet saying they can't wait to see Rosicky back on saturday who is 33 :lol:

Syn
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Just seen the Wenger post match explanation of this deal. Reading between the lines, the pessimist in me is thinking that's Ramsey done for the season.

everybody says he is back in six weeks but because he had two setbacks who can guarantee that it will not last longer?

saintnickle
02-02-2014, 08:43 PM
even after Arsene's explanation of signing him knowing about the injury, it makes sense to me. not a player i would have myself signed but its clear he has been signed as cover for the title run in. makes sense. It did make me laugh though seeing people moan about signing a 31 one year old on twitter then the next tweet saying they can't wait to see Rosicky back on saturday who is 33 :lol:

Ollie i admire your optimism but even you cant believe what you have just posted.Would you as arsenal manager with over £50m at your disposal with the season as it stands and not won a trophy in 9 long years,sign an aging 31 year old on the last hour of a transfer window knowing that he was injured and only be available of 1 month at the end of a season??I thought not..This sort of move would be normally be asscotiated with a relegation threatened team without a pot to piss in ..Get real..

Özim
02-02-2014, 09:07 PM

You think it makes sense to sign an injured player, really? You do realise that even if he does come back it's not unusual for an injured player to get injured again quickly (especially being a bit older) and that even if he doesn't he'll take time to get his fitness back. In addition our tough run of games is in February and March, if he's out for 6 weeks he won't be match fit for any of those games.

Ignoring the fact he's 31 and not what we need, it doesn't make sense in any way.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2014, 09:22 PM

LOL - come on Ollie, best you can do with this window is have a laugh at it. It was an epic fuck up, even by our standards. Okay so maybe the guy is a good player, maybe he could have done a job as cover so I'll grant that much. But spending the last few hours of the window chasing an injured player when we could have gone after somebody useful, that's bonkers. Wenger said if we didn't sign the injured guy we would end up signing nobody. Why? Why not try to sign somebody who wasn't injured instead?

WMUG
02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
LOL - come on Ollie, best you can do with this window is have a laugh at it. It was an epic fuck up, even by our standards. Okay so maybe the guy is a good player, maybe he could have done a job as cover so I'll grant that much. But spending the last few hours of the window chasing an injured player when we could have gone after somebody useful, that's bonkers. Wenger said if we didn't sign the injured guy we would end up signing nobody. Why? Why not try to sign somebody who wasn't injured instead?
Well we didn't know he was injured until he had the medical, by which time it was too late to go after anyone else. He was a last resort, and we were banking on him having a clean bill of health.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Well we didn't know he was injured until he had the medical, by which time it was too late to go after anyone else. He was a last resort, and we were banking on him having a clean bill of health.

Apparently we did know, two days in advance.

WMUG
02-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Apparently we did know, two days in advance.

Wenger's saying he only knew at 5pm on Friday. :shrug:

Özim
02-02-2014, 10:22 PM

I believe he said he knew about the injury before, but didn't know of the full extent until the medical.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2014, 10:47 PM

Didn't he say they had from 5pm to make the decision? Supposedly they got the word 2 days previously. Unless he's saying he pulled Kallstrom's name out of his arse at the last minute. Surely we did at least some cursory groundwork on this deal?

KSE Comedy Club
03-02-2014, 01:01 AM

Still not a good enough explanation, and doesn't explain why we were hunting around in the last few hours to sign an injured player we really didn't need, when we had the whole of January to get our shit in order.

As it stands, signing Kallstrom is the equivalent of using a chocolate teapot.

There is no excuse for this at all.

Add to that the fact that Kallstrom has hardly been a prolific player in the last.......er.......fuck knows!?!

Its utter madness.

KSE Comedy Club
03-02-2014, 01:04 AM
:haha: Ollie!

You do make me laugh sometimes.

fakeyank
03-02-2014, 02:10 AM

http://www.picturesnew.com/media/images/facepalm-photo.jpg

JonasTC
03-02-2014, 02:31 AM

Yep, same people who said we should sign 31-year old Berbatov and his amazing 18/4 game/goal ratio :D I seriously think some people in here, only know Arsenal through football manager or smth, because they have absolut no form of realistic vision on arsenal or football in general. The logic is non-existent :D

fakeyank
03-02-2014, 02:48 AM
Yep, same people who said we should sign 31-year old Berbatov and his amazing 18/4 game/goal ratio :D I seriously think some people in here, only know Arsenal through football manager or smth, because they have absolut no form of realistic vision on arsenal or football in general. The logic is non-existent :D

Need a striker? So, buy a midfielder who is injured and has 3 goals in 30 appearance for a team playing in Russia. Logical much? Of course..

Intelligence is just becoming a very rare commodity these days. For some, AW could kill a kitten and do a mass massacre, he just cannot be wrong!

JonasTC
03-02-2014, 04:54 AM

Need a striker? So, buy a midfielder who is injured and has 3 goals in 30 appearance for a team playing in Russia. Logical much? Of course..

Intelligence is just becoming a very rare commodity these days. For some, AW could kill a kitten and do a mass massacre, he just cannot be wrong!

End of January, have 2 of your 3 injuried midfielders, who was suppossed to come back, have setbacks in their recovery and are out for longer time, a 3rd one get 3 match suspension suddenly and last one just comming back from injury, going into a tough run? Check. But ofc we should get a striker instead! Fakeyank you're the football god, why do we have Wenger, when they could hire you? :D

Any quality strikers available in January transfer window? Nope. Hell even the silly money clubs couldnt get a striker, even tho' they wanted to. But hey, i guess its fun sitting on goonersweb saying "LOOOOL WENGER OUT, IN FOOTBALL MANAGER I JUST BOUGHT LIKE 5 STRIKERS NO PROBLEM".

But if you're such a football oracle, please tell me who we should have went out and signed instead? :)

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2014, 07:56 AM
For some, AW could kill a kitten and do a mass massacre, he just cannot be wrong!

Or he could be top of the league, manager of the only team seriously competing with City and the Chavs and do no right. :whistle:

fakeyank
03-02-2014, 08:41 AM
End of January, have 2 of your 3 injuried midfielders, who was suppossed to come back, have setbacks in their recovery and are out for longer time, a 3rd one get 3 match suspension suddenly and last one just comming back from injury, going into a tough run? Check. But ofc we should get a striker instead! Fakeyank you're the football god, why do we have Wenger, when they could hire you? :D

Any quality strikers available in January transfer window? Nope. Hell even the silly money clubs couldnt get a striker, even tho' they wanted to. But hey, i guess its fun sitting on goonersweb saying "LOOOOL WENGER OUT, IN FOOTBALL MANAGER I JUST BOUGHT LIKE 5 STRIKERS NO PROBLEM".

But if you're such a football oracle, please tell me who we should have went out and signed instead? :)

Here is our midfield options- Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Ozil, Wilshere, Santi, Ramsey and if needed, we could use Ox, Zelalem and Frimpong. Ramsey out of that lot is out for the season.. that leaves us 6 players to play in 3 positions. Why on earth do we need another player? Let's say we do, why do we need a player who is for sure out for 6 weeks and doesnt help us in ANY way?
As for strikers... didnt Fulham sign a striker? Didnt 'money bags' Monaco get Berbatov? We needed a striker the most.. I am sure thats not debated. If Giroud is out, the back up names are atrocious! Heck, even bringing back Chamakh made more sense than getting a midfielder who has never played in england and most importantly, someone who IS injured! Might as well not have signed anyone than to wind up the fans! Kallstrom is on the level of Bischoff in terms of absolute garbage value signing.

And since you asked, who we couldve signed as striker for the short term- fulhams striker, berbatov, michu, eduardo, Vucinic or just ANY FIT striker. Sure, the names are not world class out there but they definitely make more sense than Kallstrom, an injured midfielder in his thirties playing in the Russian league. Agree?

fakeyank
03-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Or he could be top of the league, manager of the only team seriously competing with City and the Chavs and do no right. :whistle:

Not saying he has done 'no right' but what he has done in the transfer window is criminal. I have said this many times, I hope I am wrong and we remain top after 38 games but history (last 8 years) suggest I will be right. This window was awfully similar to the time when we didnt get a GK in place of Aluminium or when Eduardo got injured. We were screaming out for players in obvious positions... Arsene did fuck all and we won fuck all. Its just a sense of deja vu.. I hope I'm wrong!

To even have the thought of having Giroud injured gives me the shivers, in terms of who will start... Oh dear Lord no! :pray:

Heisenberg
03-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Read on the BBC this morning that Spartak are going to continue paying his wages for six weeks. So, we're not wasting any money on an injured player yet.

JonasTC
03-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Here is our midfield options- Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Ozil, Wilshere, Santi, Ramsey and if needed, we could use Ox, Zelalem and Frimpong. Ramsey out of that lot is out for the season.. that leaves us 6 players to play in 3 positions. Why on earth do we need another player? Let's say we do, why do we need a player who is for sure out for 6 weeks and doesnt help us in ANY way?
As for strikers... didnt Fulham sign a striker? Didnt 'money bags' Monaco get Berbatov? We needed a striker the most.. I am sure thats not debated. If Giroud is out, the back up names are atrocious! Heck, even bringing back Chamakh made more sense than getting a midfielder who has never played in england and most importantly, someone who IS injured! Might as well not have signed anyone than to wind up the fans! Kallstrom is on the level of Bischoff in terms of absolute garbage value signing.

And since you asked, who we couldve signed as striker for the short term- fulhams striker, berbatov, michu, eduardo, Vucinic or just ANY FIT striker. Sure, the names are not world class out there but they definitely make more sense than Kallstrom, an injured midfielder in his thirties playing in the Russian league. Agree?

Again with the logic. our #10 position has nothing to do with our 2 central midfield spots. For the 2 central midfield spots we have Arteta and Flamini who can cover the #6 spot and Ramsey/Wilshere who can cover the #8 spot, then Ox can do a job at the #8 spot, but its still a project, since he have never played there in his proffesional career, Rosicky can do a job at the #8 spot aswell, but certainly not for 90min. So with 3 of our 4 normal midfielders suddenly out for longer than expected in the end of January, it was the highest priority to get someone in who could cover both midfield positions, Wenger himself told us yesterday that all this happend super fast, so they had less than a day to find someone who could do a job, be cool with a 6 month loan deal and sit on the bench for most of that time. Kallström were probably the only one who fitted all those expections, when it turned out that he might be injuried, they were forced to take a gamble, since they had no time to get someone else in.

For strikers, there's probably a reason Fulham and West Ham were the only one after that guy. As much as you hate Bendtner, he's on par with or better than 3 out of those 4 you mention (same 3 being "old as fuck", the part you didnt like about Kallstrom) and Michu rather wants to play #10 role and he's injuried so that was not an option.

So please tell me again, who should we have signed instead? :)

IBK
03-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Ollie i admire your optimism but even you cant believe what you have just posted.Would you as arsenal manager with over £50m at your disposal with the season as it stands and not won a trophy in 9 long years,sign an aging 31 year old on the last hour of a transfer window knowing that he was injured and only be available of 1 month at the end of a season??I thought not..This sort of move would be normally be asscotiated with a relegation threatened team without a pot to piss in ..Get real..

Mate - I think that's a big disparaging of relegation threatened teams :lol:

Hear the sound of our transfer window
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPHDUaFXdaE

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Not saying he has done 'no right' but what he has done in the transfer window is criminal. I have said this many times, I hope I am wrong and we remain top after 38 games but history (last 8 years) suggest I will be right. This window was awfully similar to the time when we didnt get a GK in place of Aluminium or when Eduardo got injured. We were screaming out for players in obvious positions... Arsene did fuck all and we won fuck all. Its just a sense of deja vu.. I hope I'm wrong!

To even have the thought of having Giroud injured gives me the shivers, in terms of who will start... Oh dear Lord no! :pray:

It was a joke.

KSE Comedy Club
03-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Again with the logic. our #10 position has nothing to do with our 2 central midfield spots. For the 2 central midfield spots we have Arteta and Flamini who can cover the #6 spot and Ramsey/Wilshere who can cover the #8 spot, then Ox can do a job at the #8 spot, but its still a project, since he have never played there in his proffesional career, Rosicky can do a job at the #8 spot aswell, but certainly not for 90min. So with 3 of our 4 normal midfielders suddenly out for longer than expected in the end of January, it was the highest priority to get someone in who could cover both midfield positions, Wenger himself told us yesterday that all this happend super fast, so they had less than a day to find someone who could do a job, be cool with a 6 month loan deal and sit on the bench for most of that time. Kallström were probably the only one who fitted all those expections, when it turned out that he might be injuried, they were forced to take a gamble, since they had no time to get someone else in.

For strikers, there's probably a reason Fulham and West Ham were the only one after that guy. As much as you hate Bendtner, he's on par with or better than 3 out of those 4 you mention (same 3 being "old as fuck", the part you didnt like about Kallstrom) and Michu rather wants to play #10 role and he's injuried so that was not an option.

The problem is that yet again we are being cheap ass and looking at cover for 6 months instead of adding a permanent quality player to the squad.

Kallstrom is neither.

I'm sure we could've picked up a capable striker if we put up the money. Everyone thinks it's impossible, but for £30m+ we could've got Costa or Martinez. Improbable is right but not impossible, money talks. However it's more than likely the case that it wouldn't fit in with Wengers plans of turning Draxler into RVP 2.

We must have known it would have been tough to sign him though and should have had a plan B as a back up (if need be loan option) striker to help up front where we are in a worse position than we are in midfield.

Syn
03-02-2014, 11:20 AM
But I must tell you, to describe Kallstrom as a panic buy is little bit disrespectful. Kallstrom has 108 caps for Sweden. He also has 78 pairs of shoes, 34 shirts and 15 coats. We have to be patient. I remain absolutely convinced Kallstrom will be ready by late February, in the middle of March, next April.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/robin-van-persie-arsenal-return-3107287#.Uu96jj2KWSp

Power n Glory
03-02-2014, 11:38 AM

selassie
03-02-2014, 01:46 PM

Just burst out laughing in the middle of the office at that Syn! Everybody thinks I am crazy.:lol:

KSE Comedy Club
03-02-2014, 01:51 PM

fakeyank
03-02-2014, 08:39 PM

Other than Arteta and Flamini, no other names I mentioned plays the traditional 6, 8 and 10 role in our team. All of them are equally capable, some better than the other. If it was about cover in Arteta and Flamini's position, why not go with someone who has played in England and we have in-house: Frimpong. I dont rate that guy much but surely he is a better bet than Kallstrom who has never played in England and who is past his best and may I add again- Injured!
Sure, things happened at the last minute but here are 2 things: He had the whole month to look at players plus time before the transfer window, why wait till the last moment? Again, if he is not going to offer anything in the short term (and his deal is short term), why even get him?

As for strikers, like I said, we needed a striker. Short term, Berbatov made more sense. As for W.ham and Fulham being interested... well West ham were the only ones interested in Tevez and Mascherano once... that does take away his stats and his form. As for you rating Bendtner, I really cannot argue with you on that, because what you just said is just not true! He is decent when he has game time but nowhere is near the quality of players like Vucinic, Berba etc. Heck, even Kevin Mirallas makes sense!