PDA

View Full Version : Lets all moan together.

JonasTC
31-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Arsenal is shit. Wenger out. We're only 1 point from 1st place, when we should be 10 points ahead. Özil is shit, not worth 42m. But Draxler is worth 37m, why didnt we spend those extra 7m!? Wenger out (Again). Our board just wants the money for themself. We should've signed the amazing Berbatov with his 0.225 goal/game ratio. Wenger is probably the worst manager, wish we would have got Owen Coyle.

Am i the only one!? :censored: :wwf: :angry: :thumbsdown: :crying:

:fingers:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Childish thread.

Nobody except Zim is saying Wenger out. Nobody except Zim is complaining about our league placing. etc, etc.

People are a bit frustrated on transfer deadline day we haven't taken the opportunity to strengthen and really show ambition to go on and win this league. At an even more basic level, we're over reliant on Giroud up front and this was a chance to at least correct that.

As a result of this inactivity it will be another year where we win nothing. And that's frustrating after 10 years. A big club like Arsenal should be able to pick up the odd trophy over the course of a decade.

JonasTC
31-01-2014, 08:06 PM
I could mention quite a few more than zim, saying those things. So i figured i'd make them a threat were they can moan together, cause im tired of seeing it in all other threads :)

Syn
31-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Arsenal fans depressed. Losing hope. Guilty wank and then eating a pot noodle. Looking at February and March fixtures and sobbing.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Where's the guilt in having a wank? Ridiculous post.

Özim
31-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Nobody except Zim is saying Wenger out.

Yeah I am to be honest, because no matter our position he refuses to maximise our chances of success, the way he conducts his business he'll never win a thing again and it's not anyone else's fault but his.

He's had his chance now, the Ozil signing was his chance of changing things and showing he's still up to it, this transfer it seems has just shown it's most likely a one off which came about due to the fans threatening to topple the stadium.

Letters
31-01-2014, 09:06 PM
You see no improvement this season?

Özim
31-01-2014, 09:12 PM

There is improvement, I'm not questioning that I just never see us going beyond that, Wenger won't use the resources at his disposal to give us the best chance.

I'm starting to think the Ozil signing was just made due to the pressure the fans put on the club.

IBK
31-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Childish thread.

Nobody except Zim is saying Wenger out. Nobody except Zim is complaining about our league placing. etc, etc.

People are a bit frustrated on transfer deadline day we haven't taken the opportunity to strengthen and really show ambition to go on and win this league. At an even more basic level, we're over reliant on Giroud up front and this was a chance to at least correct that.

As a result of this inactivity it will be another year where we win nothing. And that's frustrating after 10 years. A big club like Arsenal should be able to pick up the odd trophy over the course of a decade.

Mate. You nailed that. :gp:

IBK
31-01-2014, 09:40 PM

We've debated this. Yes improvement. A step change? Looking less likely as time goes on, i'm afraid.

RomfordPele
31-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Surely the main goal for this window was simply to find a striker better than bendtner. Apparently we couldn't manage it! I find that absolutely baffling and wonder what our scouting team does anymore! The fact that we are still bidding for kalou makes me think they are taking the piss.

Time for a clear out there too as they seem to have run out of ideas.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Perhaps Kalou hasn't joined because he's pissed at being the last ditch desperate option every window, after we've fucked up everything else. Lucky for us the guy has some pride.

Letters
01-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm starting to think the Ozil signing was just made due to the pressure the fans put on the club.
Yeah. Wenger is famed for listening to the fans' views.

Özim
01-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah. Wenger is famed for listening to the fans' views.

It's not just Wenger it's the board as well, people we threatening a revolt!

Letters
01-02-2014, 11:11 AM
It's not just Wenger it's the board as well, people we threatening a revolt!
Yeah. The board are famed for listening to the fans' views.

Özim
01-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah. The board are famed for listening to the fans' views.

Sometimes they have little choice, it's them that line their pockets.

Munchies
01-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Surely the main goal for this window was simply to find a striker better than bendtner. Apparently we couldn't manage it! I find that absolutely baffling and wonder what our scouting team does anymore! The fact that we are still bidding for kalou makes me think they are taking the piss.

Time for a clear out there too as they seem to have run out of ideas.

We had 31 days to sign a striker.
Wenger knew he needed one, hence the late attempt for Ba.
Theo (an option we could've used) also got injured since.

What makes Wenger think he can go round on deadline day, offering loan deals for Klose/Kalou etc thinking the team would accept them ? On the last fuckin day of the transfer day so they can't get anyone in. What an idiot, I just hope Giroud doesn't get injured on sunday.

Özim
01-02-2014, 11:32 AM
We had 31 days to sign a striker.
Wenger knew he needed one, hence the late attempt for Ba.
Theo (an option we could've used) also got injured since.

What makes Wenger think he can go round on deadline day, offering loan deals for Klose/Kalou etc thinking the team would accept them ? On the last fuckin day of the transfer day so they can't get anyone in. What an idiot, I just hope Giroud doesn't get injured on sunday.

Great post, you're absolutely spot on, why would you leave it until the last day when you know how short we are? I find our transfer policy weird, we seem to make a point of leaving it until the last few hours to sign anyone, it's just plain weird and makes no sense, it's actually incompetence tbh.

Also Wenger's smile is the new smokescreen apparently.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 01:32 PM
This thread is laughable.

Jonas I get that you might be tired of hearing the same things in different threads but come on, even you cant believe that we are going to be ok for the rest of the season with what we have?

Wenger said we didn't need anymore midfielders, then he signed a 30 year old has been - on loan.

Then we went scratching around the bargain bin looking for 6 month loan deals, for the last 4 hours of the window. I mean FFS that is pathetic for a club of our size/stature/commercial value/bank balance.

Ive read so much conflicting crap today from the shit rags about it that Im sick of reading it.

The Metro had a piece saying that you cant blame Wenger because the January window is awkward, player prices are inflated, you cant get your main targets, etc, blah, blah.

That is bullshit. We had our target in mind - Draxler. Wenger has scouted him for at least 2 years, he rates him, he wants him, we spent the whole of January trying to do a transfer which was looking a bit slim due to schalke not wanting him to go midway through the season. So when we are in pole position to sign him and the club are willing to pay the asking price for him (and that is the important part, doesn't matter if it was £10m, £37m or £100m, the club were willing to pay) It was Wenger who said no because it didn't meet HIS valuation of the player.

What kind of fucked up shit is that??

At the end of the day, if you want to sign 'the next big thing' and the asking price is £37m, then you pay the £37m, End of. Does he really think that we will get him cheaper at the end of the season?

No chance of that. Schalke don't have to sell, there's a world cup happening and his price will either stay the same or go even higher. Then Citeh, Utd, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, RM, etc will also be interested in him if he performs well, and that will be the end of it.

Wenger always says 'if we can find a top, top player, then we will do it' Well he found him and when it came down to it he didn't want to part with the cash. The guy is full of shit and a liar.

I said at the end of the summer that signing Ozil was a step in the right direction, but in total it wasn't enough. we were still 2-3 players short and our transfer business on the whole was poorly planned.

We've all agreed that we were desperately short up front, and the first priority at the start of January should have been a striker or similar on a permanent basis. Again we have failed and Wenger has reverted to type.

Its unacceptable.

Watching Soccer Saturday now, they are discussing Arsenal and our fixtures and they are all saying the same thing. Why not just pay the £37m for Draxler, why not sign a forward, best chance in years to win the title and if Giroud gets injured we might struggle to make the top 4.

And for once I agree with them.

IBK
01-02-2014, 02:51 PM
This thread is laughable.

Jonas I get that you might be tired of hearing the same things in different threads but come on, even you cant believe that we are going to be ok for the rest of the season with what we have?

Wenger said we didn't need anymore midfielders, then he signed a 30 year old has been - on loan.

Then we went scratching around the bargain bin looking for 6 month loan deals, for the last 4 hours of the window. I mean FFS that is pathetic for a club of our size/stature/commercial value/bank balance.

Ive read so much conflicting crap today from the shit rags about it that Im sick of reading it.

The Metro had a piece saying that you cant blame Wenger because the January window is awkward, player prices are inflated, you cant get your main targets, etc, blah, blah.

That is bullshit. We had our target in mind - Draxler. Wenger has scouted him for at least 2 years, he rates him, he wants him, we spent the whole of January trying to do a transfer which was looking a bit slim due to schalke not wanting him to go midway through the season. So when we are in pole position to sign him and the club are willing to pay the asking price for him (and that is the important part, doesn't matter if it was £10m, £37m or £100m, the club were willing to pay) It was Wenger who said no because it didn't meet HIS valuation of the player.

What kind of fucked up shit is that??

At the end of the day, if you want to sign 'the next big thing' and the asking price is £37m, then you pay the £37m, End of. Does he really think that we will get him cheaper at the end of the season?

No chance of that. Schalke don't have to sell, there's a world cup happening and his price will either stay the same or go even higher. Then Citeh, Utd, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, RM, etc will also be interested in him if he performs well, and that will be the end of it.

Wenger always says 'if we can find a top, top player, then we will do it' Well he found him and when it came down to it he didn't want to part with the cash. The guy is full of shit and a liar.

I said at the end of the summer that signing Ozil was a step in the right direction, but in total it wasn't enough. we were still 2-3 players short and our transfer business on the whole was poorly planned.

We've all agreed that we were desperately short up front, and the first priority at the start of January should have been a striker or similar on a permanent basis. Again we have failed and Wenger has reverted to type.

Its unacceptable.

Watching Soccer Saturday now, they are discussing Arsenal and our fixtures and they are all saying the same thing. Why not just pay the £37m for Draxler, why not sign a forward, best chance in years to win the title and if Giroud gets injured we might struggle to make the top 4.

And for once I agree with them.

This. And its only going to get harder in the future. I find it difficult to accept that our manager has a serious intention to win the title. The business efficiency of our club has become everything.

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Some have said "why not spend the £37m".

OK, we may have that money - but it is still a finite resource and £37m is a fucking shitload of money! That said, it was the type of money we should have been using to get a striker in.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Some have said "why not spend the £37m".

OK, we may have that money - but it is still a finite resource and £37m is a fucking shitload of money! That said, it was the type of money we should have been using to get a striker in.

Its also an amount that the club were willing to pay.

Again, according to reports, it was Wenger who decided it was too much.

If that is the case, then it's time someone at the club at board level, just told Wenger to worry about who he wants to sign and leave the transfer fees up to them.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2014, 03:59 PM
That report, came from Ornstein on Twitter, who then said on Five Live that decision was made in conjunction between both the manager and the board.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
That report, came from Ornstein on Twitter, who then said on Five Live that decision was made in conjunction between both the manager and the board.

Fair enough.

But reading between the lines.......it was Wenger ;)