PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool vs Arsenal Sat 8th Feb 12.45 BTSport aka Bloodzeed

Pages : 1 [2]

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I suspect we'll be at the end of 90 min of the cuptie still waiting for our two.

If we haven't got at least 1 back by 60 mins it's time for Wenger to give this game up and take off Santi, Ozil and Giroud to rest them. No point tiring them out for lost causes.

This is obviously assuming we don't conceed again.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Giroud really offers nothing, I couldn't give a toss about all his layoffs to be honest, I want to see a striker who's 1 interest is scoring goals like Suarez.

He does fuck all.

He's shit.

One little pass last time in the whole game and people got off his back. He's useless.

Niall_Quinn
Good grief Monreal, get up you pansy.

Özim
Knee jerk stuff isn't going to help, the window is closed so we can't sign anyone so no point going on about it. We put some pressure on and we can get a draw here. That's what we have to focus on instead of feeling sorry for ourselves.

I don't think it's knee jerk, I think it was clear we weren't good enough despite all the upbeat comments, you can't play like we have and expect to be winning things, just isn't going to happen.

We've been totally devoid of ideas up front for a while now and to be honest the midfield has also been very stale of late, what's the solution, sign a 31 year old injured crock apparently.

Marc Overmars
I wasn't convinced we would win today but to completely embarrass ourselves like this is unacceptable.

Title challengers my arse.

Globalgunner
08-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Betcha there won't be any changes till the 70th min. We have seen these pithy performances before. Other teams when losing possession in midfield will put in a blocking tackle of foul to stop the counter, but we, we all freeze and watch it unfold

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 01:28 PM
9 points from those guaranteed. Bet your wife on it.

I bet mine, btw :pray:

I hope you've got a good divorce attonery lined up, Niall Quinn.

Özim
We're 4-0 down and we're trying to pass it round and play with Liverpool players (then we lose it), please :lol:

fakeyank
On the plus side, Arsene Wenger will be offered a new 3 year deal.

http://www.soccersouls.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/cheeky-smile.jpg

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:29 PM
You see, this is more like the real Liverpool. Ordinary. They got one of those once a season flyers at the same time we were asleep. So settle down and use the next 50 mins to at least drag back a few goals.

Krishen
Who's says football isn't fun? :mwah:

Niall_Quinn
I hope you've got a good divorce attonery lined up, Niall Quinn.

Going to bet my mother in law on the Utd game.

RomfordPele
Sorry it's not knee jerk if you could see this coming a mile off. Hope gazidis tucks that big fat contract for wen get back in his brief case until the summer. Or preferably tears it up entirely.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 01:30 PM
This pressing nonsense. :(

Munchies
Ozil's done his disappearing act again

Özim
Betcha there won't be any changes till the 70th min. We have seen these pithy performances before. Other teams when losing possession in midfield will put in a blocking tackle of foul to stop the counter, but we, we all freeze and watch it unfold

Manager's job to do something to be honest, he's done absolutely nothing, I'm amazed he's watched us being taken apart and just left it as is. We may as well have a cardboard cut out of him on the sidelines with a recorded message at half time and a message telling us the subs on 70 minutes.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:31 PM
You see, this is more like the real Liverpool. Ordinary. They got one of those once a season flyers at the same time we were asleep. So settle down and use the next 50 mins to at least drag back a few goals.

You need to shoot at goal to score.......sadly we need to pass it 150 times first in our case though and since our passing is awful today not much chance of that.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Jack is going to get himself sent off.

Ernesto

Typically, they'll bottle it when Man City and Chelsea come to town.

Game-raising, self-pitying w@ankers.

Niall_Quinn
Good stuff from Wilshere - he thumps Starfish, we need a lot more of that.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Wenger's half time words

"Would you like a croissants and cafe au lait, we can then go out in the 2nd half and show some great spirit"

hobson's choice
The irony off having this type of performance, with Silent Stan in attendance

Marc Overmars
Typically, they'll bottle it when Man City and Chelsea come to town.

Game-raising, self-pitying w@ankers.

They'll probably beat both of those as well. Liverpool are a good side now and if we don't sort our lives out in the coming weeks they will overtake us.

PGFC
A great day for the haters, Zim must have wanked himself into a coma by now…

4-5 anyone?

Özim
Good stuff from Wilshere - he thumps Starfish, we need a lot more of that.

Yeah, shame he doesn't seem to be able to pass 5 yards today though.

Ralpheroo72
08-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Arsene, you don't need another contract.

Munchies
The irony off having this type of performance, with Silent Stan in attendance

The cunt's there ?

Globalgunner
Sorry it's not knee jerk if you could see this coming a mile off. Hope gazidis tucks that big fat contract for wen get back in his brief case until the summer. Or preferably tears it up entirely.

Nah, he'll get his contract. Our balance sheet is good and the faithful are still optimistic. Arsenal are like the WWE it's not real, our title ambitions, but good entertainment.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 01:35 PM
4-0 HT. That went well.

Munchies
Quick, sub off either Merts or Kosc so their record still stands :haha:

Özim
Shocking from the off, could have been 6-7 quite easily.

Marc Overmars
HT.

Well done lads. Showing your true credentials.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Quick, sub off either Merts or Kosc so their record still stands :haha:

:lol:

hobson's choice
08-02-2014, 01:37 PM
The cunt's there ?

Yeah the NBC guys said he's there

Munchies
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf9JWHzIEAAW74G.jpg

Anyone ?

Maestro
Who's says football isn't fun? :mwah:

errmm, you may want to come back on this site tomorrow. not fun or funny right now

Munchies
Yeah the NBC guys said he's there

You're right, perfect :lol:

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Okay HT. Worst half for years. Liverpool's best for years. Once in a blue moon it happens. Now we make the next 45 ours and see what comes of it.

OH FUCK - OWEN IS EVEN ON THE ADS! DIE YOU CUNT!

But I digress. When you're getting your arse kicked then you need to show character. Some of the fans here have already show theirs, oh boo, hoo. Let's hope the team can find some balls, another 45 to come and we need to make it our best of the season.

Mr. Lahey
Id take ozil, arteta and Montreal off - all 3 have been NONEXISTENT out there. I would drop them for the effort they have out in so far - the rest of them aren't to far behind. Is there even a point in tuning in the 2nd half!?

Oh and LOL at those saying knee jerk and haters - this happens every year around the same time!

Özim

Sorry, that only happens at your age :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
They'll probably beat both of those as well. Liverpool are a good side now and if we don't sort our lives out in the coming weeks they will overtake us.

They're a good side but it's easy to play with this intensity when you don't have European commitments to worry about. Hopefully at the very least they take points of City and the Chavs to make our result today not seem as horrendous.

Despite today's result I still think we should have more than enough to see them off. There defence has flatered to deceive and they've had amazing performances like this followed by terrible performances the week after this season.

Someone needs to take Suarez of them though! We can't go into another season with that cunt scoring left, right and centre!!

Arsenaladdict
08-02-2014, 01:39 PM

4-5 anyone?

absofuckinglutely!!

selassie
Jesus Christ...I am genuinely lost for words. That was an absolute abomination...not one of our players can walk off there with there heads held high. A rating of 2 all round, pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong, Defence all over the place, Midfield non existence, Attack non existence, 2nd to every ball, weak, slow, just plain awful.

I am also getting the impression we did ZERO preparation on the Liverpool before the game. There front 4 absolutely tore us to pieces, the sad thing is every time they go forward they look like they are going to score.

Munchies
Ozil, Arteta, Giroud off

Gnabry,Rosicky,Podolski on

Munchies
08-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Sorry, that only happens at your age :lol:

:haha:

Özim
Okay HT. Worst half for years. Liverpool's best for years. Once in a blue moon it happens. Now we make the next 45 ours and see what comes of it.

That's nonsense to be honest, Liverpool gave Everton a similar thrashing and have hammered a few sides this season, sadly now it's our turn. As for our worst, it was bad yes, there's been plenty of bad ones under Wenger though, even in recent years.

Maestro

some people are blind to this fact. they are decent and have never held any fear of going up against the top sides, except us ..we've had their number for a while but i think that may be coming to an end now.

selassie
08-02-2014, 01:44 PM
some people are blind to this fact. they are decent and have never held any fear of going up against the top sides, except us ..we've had their number for a while but i think that may be coming to an end now.

Yep. Offensively Liverpool are not that far off Man City IMHO. I watched them against both City & Chelsea away and they were very good in both of those games offensively. We def need to pick ourselves after today because we are by no certain for a top 4 finish.

Özim
Got to say Liverpool's attacks have been really pacey, once again it shows you the merits of pacey football over the pass pass approach....our passing approach has been a liability, we've continuously given the ball away.

Shaqiri Is Boss
I'd still like another couple, tbf.

There's precedent for a comeback like this.

And we are notoriously shite in second halves this season. We'll likely do pretty much what we were towards the end; sit back and try to break.

Our defence is still the same it was yesterday. Dodgy.

Christ I'm a pessimist.

milla

OH FUCK - OWEN IS EVEN ON THE ADS! DIE YOU CUNT!

But I digress. When you're getting your arse kicked then you need to show character. Some of the fans here have already show theirs, oh boo, hoo. Let's hope the team can find some balls, another 45 to come and we need to make it our best of the season.

It is not a boo hoo, it is the obvious thing IMO. The team has been poor for since late Dec, we lost dynamic when Ramsey got injured and made worst with Wenger persistent playing Ozil and Jack (two off form players) in midfield. These two just can't handle the high pressing, we saw it against Soton and seeing it again today. :coffee:

Maestro
Jesus Christ...I am genuinely lost for words. That was an absolute abomination...not one of our players can walk off there with there heads held high. A rating of 2 all round, pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong, Defence all over the place, Midfield non existence, Attack non existence, 2nd to every ball, weak, slow, just plain awful.

I am also getting the impression we did ZERO preparation on the Liverpool before the game. There front 4 absolutely tore us to pieces, the sad thing is every time they go forward they look like they are going to score.

tbf when did we ever prepare for an opponent, as in try to nullify their strengths and capitalise on their weaknesses?

Niall_Quinn
This has nothing to do with Merts and Kos, it's to do with allowing yards of space on the flanks and providing no support from the middle. Two centre backs can't defend on their own against 3 pacey front men, that much is obvious.

MOTM so far - the away lads. We're going to win 5-4. LOL.

Xhaka Can’t
Id take ozil, arteta and Montreal off - all 3 have been NONEXISTENT out there. I would drop them for the effort they have out in so far - the rest of them aren't to far behind. Is there even a point in tuning in the 2nd half!?

Oh and LOL at those saying knee jerk and haters - this happens every year around the same time!

Stay classy.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Feel sorry for those fans.

~Ł45+ for a ticket, + Travel and everything.

To watch this dog shit performance.

KSE Comedy Club
Well, clutching at straws here, a striker wouldn't have helped out too much today with that defending.

No but a decent non-Injured midfielder would've been a good start to maintaining some kind of strength.

fakeyank
On another bright thought... we are playing bayern munich in 1.5 weeks time... with pretty much the same team! :ilt:

RomfordPele
Fair few excuses being made here for a performance that is inexcusable - from the manager downwards, a farce.

Have we signed up to at least one comedy Sunday league style performance a season now under wenger?

Second half is an irrelevance. Just make sure we end the game with all 11 players. Best we can hope for.

Özim
Yep. Offensively Liverpool are not that far off Man City IMHO. I watched them against both City & Chelsea away and they were very good in both of those games offensively. We def need to pick ourselves after today because we are by no certain for a top 4 finish.

Yeah they have a potent attack, their defence was weakened today but it has looked like we're the ones with the weakened defence, we've been terrible at the back, given the ball away constantly in midfield and have had no threat up front, the Liverpool defence have Giroud in their pocket.

milla
08-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Got to say Liverpool's attacks have been really pacey, once again it shows you the merits of pacey football over the pass pass approach....our passing approach has been a liability, we've continuously given the ball away.

We have the same of players, in fact we have more runners but we never use them. Everything has to be pedestrian, just the the way Wenger wants it. :coffee:

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Even though it's definitely terrible some of the hysteria is a tad unwarranted now. In reality, it doesn't matter if we lose 1 - 0 or 9 - 0; City have the goal difference table sewn up already. Worst case scenario is that we lose three points but that still leaves us in the mix.

Obviously that's unless this does lead onto further collapse but honestly, mentally this squad seems a lot better than previous teams we've had under Wenger so it's too early to call that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-02-2014, 01:47 PM

They have two decent strikers, you can comfort yourself by saying how good Liverpool are but take Suarez and Sturridge out and this side would be mid table only. Our starting line up was a joke....Monreal is awful and two of their goals have come from him being dispossessed, why is Ox playing central midfield that's the kind of nonsense you can get away with against Palace.
Koscielny and Mertesacker were nowhere when defending set pieces, we gave the ball away in midfield under the minimal of pressure and we have not tested that abjectly poor defence even once.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:47 PM
This has nothing to do with Merts and Kos, it's to do with allowing yards of space on the flanks and providing no support from the middle. Two centre backs can't defend on their own against 3 pacey front men, that much is obvious.

MOTM so far - the away lads. We're going to win 5-4. LOL.

Please, it has everything to do with them they have been shocking, so have the rest....these two don't get off scott free though they have been awful, I though Mertesacker was the new Adams? If so he should organise his defence, not sit and watch them run around aimlessly.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Monreal over Gibbs is something Wenger deserves to be slaughtered for. Nothing wrong with Monreal when he's not up against pace, but we see the results when he is.

Özim
We have the same of players, in fact we have more runners but we never use them. Everything has to be pedestrian, just the the way Wenger wants it. :coffee:

I agree, it's our style of play that's wrong, Ozil looks totally ineffective with the way we play.

McNamara That Ghost...
Gibbs and Rosicky not playing was a bit daft. Supress our fastest players against a team with fast players. Having said that, it does let the players already playing off the hook by talking about 'who should have played' I guess.

fakeyank
08-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Even though it's definitely terrible some of the hysteria is a tad unwarranted now. In reality, it doesn't matter if we lose 1 - 0 or 9 - 0; City have the goal difference table sewn up already. Worst case scenario is that we lose three points but that still leaves us in the mix.

Obviously that's unless this does lead onto further collapse but honestly, mentally this squad seems a lot better than previous teams we've had under Wenger so it's too early to call that.

Based on recent history, we can say that the title race is over for us. Recall anytime in recent history when we were in the reckoning for the title come Jan/Feb... we are headless chickens. So no, the reaction isnt unwarranted. And to think of the teams we will be playing soon, you can be rest assured, we will make a big fuck up of getting 4th place. Probably have the 4th place trophy guaranteed only on the last day of the season!

Thierrymon
Second half starting. Less of the same lads. Restore some pride please.

Niall_Quinn
Please, it has everything to do with them they have been shocking, so have the rest....these two don't get off scott free though they have been awful, I though Mertesacker was the new Adams? If so he should organise his defence, not sit and watch them run around aimlessly.

Yes, this is like manna from heaven for you, but as I stated 2 CBs against 3 pacey front men is a no contest. Put any pair in there and the lack of cover will leave them just as badly exposed.

OH FUCK OWEN IS BACK.

KSE Comedy Club
I don't think it's knee jerk, I think it was clear we weren't good enough despite all the upbeat comments, you can't play like we have and expect to be winning things, just isn't going to happen.

We've been totally devoid of ideas up front for a while now and to be honest the midfield has also been very stale of late, what's the solution, sign a 31 year old injured crock apparently.
I agree with Zimm (for once)

It's definitely not knee jerk. Some of us said all through January and shortly after the window closed that we needed to strengthen. I've even said it to work colleagues in December, "it depends what business we do in January" was always my answer.

We didn't have enough at the start of the season and we still don't now. The evidence has been there all the time and it's games like this that expose our shortcomings.

Marc Overmars
Come on Arsenal. Lets win the 2nd half.

Or just get battered again.

Whatever.

McNamara That Ghost...
Come on Arsenal. Time to be gallant losers.

The Emirates Gallactico

It's just one game Zimm. Let's not turn on the BFG, who has been imperious all season, on one game.

Truth be told we seemed woefully underprepared from the get go. It's common knowledge that Wenger, unlike say a Mourinho or Benitez is more recticent to adapt our style to combat the opponents strengths but it looks like it was needed here to deal with Liverpools pace up front.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Gibbs and Rosicky not playing was a bit daft. Supress our fastest players against a team with fast players. Having said that, it does let the players already playing off the hook by talking about 'who should have played' I guess.

Agreed. Thought they'd be the first names on the sheet.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Good run from Wheelchair, Henderson brings him down.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Monreal over Gibbs is something Wenger deserves to be slaughtered for. Nothing wrong with Monreal when he's not up against pace, but we see the results when he is.

Trouble is Gibbs can't defend for toffee, never has been able to.

McNamara That Ghost...
Cazorla freekick, deflects for a corner.

Darknight02
Ok we are shite and this team has been dreadful and shocking today.

But as people have alluded to we aren't getting anywhere near city's goal difference.

This team has thoroughly let down the manager today. The players need to stand up and take se responsibility.

Wenger would not have expected that. Especially given that this is pretty much the team that out classed them without Ramsey only.

Good game to bring the players back down to Earth that they can't perform like this against the big teams as they will get slaughtered.

End of the day all the other teams need to come to Anfield and Liverpool will give them a game.

Lose this and we'd be one behind the rest.

For all the faults of Wenger not strengthening this is what we are stuck with for the rest of the season. Might as well get behind the team and fcuking get with it as there's nothing else to do.

As people have said those first two set piece goals killed us. As the remainder of the twenty minutes show our season is built on keeping clean sheets and the team were dreadful in helping defend in the first half.

If only we had 2008 Arshavin here...

Niall_Quinn
Good start, let's keep it going for 45 mins.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Based on recent history, we can say that the title race is over for us. Recall anytime in recent history when we were in the reckoning for the title come Jan/Feb... we are headless chickens. So no, the reaction isnt unwarranted. And to think of the teams we will be playing soon, you can be rest assured, we will make a big fuck up of getting 4th place. Probably have the 4th place trophy guaranteed only on the last day of the season!

As I said mentally the current seem a lot better than the previous lot we had. Plus the last two seasons have involved us putting ridcolous end of seasons runs together (albeit to get fourth :coffee:).

For the time being it's just one loss and failure to secure three points and should be treated as such. It only becomes a massive problem if we fail to beat Man Utd. Pressure is really on us now though.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Trouble is Gibbs can't defend for toffee, never has been able to.

Agreed, all our players are shit and our manager is shit. Which means our club is shit.

:GP:

Couldn't agree more.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Come on, Liverpool don't need any more help.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:55 PM
That linesman :haha:

How can you fuck up a decision like that?

Munchies
08-02-2014, 01:56 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZnQQRmLgQ9k/UvYyVRLlRGI/AAAAAAAABic/pYzn_u88xQc/s0/08-02-2014-GifNumber-130.gif

Özim
As I said mentally the current seem a lot better than the previous lot we had. Plus the last two seasons have involved us putting ridcolous end of seasons runs together (albeit to get fourth :coffee:).

For the time being it's just one loss and failure to secure three points and should be treated as such. It only becomes a massive problem if we fail to beat Man Utd. Pressure is really on us now though.

Dropped points against Southampton, dropped point today and from now our run only gets harder.

5-0

McNamara That Ghost...
5-0 Sterling.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Good start, let's keep it going for 45 mins.

Er yeah....

Not Mertesackers fault for playing him onside, it's the other's fault.

Niall_Quinn
Ah, scoring is one thing, scoring for Liverpool was not what I'd hoped for.

gunnerrrrr
WEGER YOU CUNT AT LEAST MAKE A FUCKIN CHANGE YOU WANKER

The Emirates Gallactico
Oh well. Time to call it a day.

Have the players sit on the halfway for the rest of the match and let Liverpool score as much as they want.

Marc Overmars

lol.

Arsenaladdict
i feel ill

Thierrymon
This is getting worse than the Old Trafford mauling.

pmakgreb
08-02-2014, 01:58 PM
i would expect the following to start
Ches, Sagna, Kos, Mert, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, ozil, Cazorla, Giroud, Ox (maybe rosicky in place of ox).

I feel this game could be make or break. Think of the statement it would send out if we win, 6 points from the next 2 games not only would give us a massive boost but also send out a message to city and chelsea that we will not give up easily. Unfortunately its these games that more than often send us into a downward spiral for a few weeks then pick up again when the title is gone. You get the feeling if we lose then the utd game on wednesday becomes crucial and we do seem to crumble in those crucial games. Id take 4 points now and even 3 points would be acceptable. anything less and we will be chasing city and chelsea. I fear more for the games in March as they are against better quality than utd and liverpool. If we are top come that tough run of games in march then a defeat against one of them wont be critical but it depends on us getting at least 3/4 points this week.

probably 1-1 though i can see liverpool having one of those performances where everything goes right. If we play the way we did v southampton then the game will be over at HT. Play the way we can and we will get a draw at least.

Take no pleasure in that but it was predictable

Maestro
08-02-2014, 01:58 PM
anymore excuses here?

nothing knee jerk here fellow, this is fuckery and we've been here before ...year after year, after year

the collapse is on

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Er yeah....

Not Mertesackers fault for playing him onside, it's the other's fault.

Yep, well done mate. Fair do's, you're the better team today.

Munchies
:wwf:

Özim
Yep, well done mate. Fair do's, you're the better team today.

Nice try pal, hard to admit you're wrong isn't it?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Nearly six. :lol:

Make some changes Wenget FFS.

The Emirates Gallactico
Dropped points against Southampton, dropped point today and from now our run only gets harder.

5-0

Look I'm prepared to join you jumping of your cliff we if fuck up against Man Utd but for the time being let's try and support the team. No matter the result today, it's still a very realistic prospect.

Xhaka Can’t
Arsenal don't lose too often.

But when they do...

Özim
Liverpool 14 attempts, Arsenal 1.

Niall_Quinn
Nice try pal, hard to admit you're wrong isn't it?

Just find it a little disconcerting how much fun you seem to be having today.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:01 PM
That linesman :haha:

Clueless.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Nearly six. :lol:

Make some changes Wenget FFS.

I just don't get why you wouldn't try and change something, it's a total mystery.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 02:02 PM

But when they do...

I think I speak for everyone here but I'll take a 12 - 0 mauling here if we go on to win all our remaining games 1 - 0.

McNamara That Ghost...
Giroud heads, Mignolet saves.

Effort on target. :bow:

Niall_Quinn

But when they do...

We're the Carlsberg of shitty results, true enough.

Maestro
not a single change, not a tactical response, not a rant from the touchline, no direction or leadership from the manager ...absolutely nothing!

Marc Overmars
We got an effort on target. :faint:

Thierrymon
Ox only player who looks like he is trying.

Özim

Do you really? I'm not having fun at all actually just pretty much saying what I think of our team.

I don't believe and this is why, we don't turn up for big games. Wenger's time is up, he can't hack it he's had enough chances...tme for someone new to have a go and bring a different take on things.

gunnerrrrr
08-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Liverpool 14 attempts, Arsenal 1.

hes outdated mate...useless..Wenger out...how can anyone want him to stay

McNamara That Ghost...
Wilshere you idiot.

Xhaka Can’t

What is it with some people? When we win, it's 'ho-hum'. When we lose it is the only time emotion gets shown?

I'm disconsolate now, but I'll still enjoy our victories.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Ox only player who looks like he is trying.

He's a quality player and will be for years IMO.

The Emirates Gallactico
Wilshere needs to be hauled off. No point losing him for a few games for a stupid red.

Özim
Gibbs, Rosicks and Podolski about to come on, a bit late but better than never at this stage.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:05 PM
What is it with some people? When we win, it's 'ho-hum'. When we lose it is the only time emotion gets shown?

I'm disconsolate now, but I'll still enjoy our victories.

We haven't had any victories, we're bottom with 0 points.

RomfordPele
08-02-2014, 02:05 PM
No fucking reds arsenal. That's the only thing you can get out of the game. Take Wilshere and giroud off now, you clown.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Wenger with a triple substitution. :lol:

Poldi, Rosicky and Gibbs on.

Özil, Monreal and Oxocube (I think) off.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Moral victory if we can get three.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Should never have taken Ox off, one our few players who could score.

Xhaka Can’t
not a single change, not a tactical response, not a rant from the touchline, no direction or leadership from the manager ...absolutely nothing!

This is something that has bothered me for a long time.

Last season, I had a seat near the benches for a few games. The contrast in activity between the Managers was astounding. There was nothing from Wenger at all. If he sends out a team and it works...great. But when it isn't working, we're pretty much fucked for that game.

Marc Overmars
I would start Rosicky, Gibbs and even Gnabbers on Wednesday.

Özim
Koscielny yet another foul, he's done that a lot today.

McNamara That Ghost...
What a save from Ches to deny Suarez.

Özim
Suarez almost caught Chesney out.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:09 PM
If we are going to lose it's actually better to lose 5-0 than 1-0 going into this run of fixtures. If they can't recover their pride after this then it's all over anyway.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Koscielny yet another foul, he's done that a lot today.

I know - he's shit and he's been shit all season. Alwful player.

KSE Comedy Club
Why did he take Ox off and leave wilshere and Arteta on?!?

Niall_Quinn
Suarez almost caught Chesney out.

Translation into Arsenal fan speak: GREAT SAVE CHES!

Munchies
Ozil is shit.

I'd always start Rosicky ahead of him, you'll get non stop work from him.

KSE Comedy Club
08-02-2014, 02:11 PM
I know - he's shit and he's been shit all season. Alwful player.

I'm surprised at you NQ.

You're better than this tbh.

Marc Overmars

Last season, I had a seat near the benches for a few games. The contrast in activity between the Managers was astounding. There was nothing from Wenger at all. If he sends out a team and it works...great. But when it isn't working, we're pretty much fucked for that game.

This is something ex players have spoken about many times, most recently Vieira who said it was a strength but also a weakness of the manager. Just because you have a decent set of players comfortable with a style of play doesn't mean you can ignore the merits of the opposition.

Özim
If we are going to lose it's actually better to lose 5-0 than 1-0 going into this run of fixtures. If they can't recover their pride after this then it's all over anyway.

Yeah cos losing 5-0 is better than a narrow defeat and doesn't have any impact on confidence at all :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
Henderson. :lol:

Brilliant from Coutinho.

A Gunner
08-02-2014, 02:12 PM
No doubt we are playing bad, but commentators cannot be more bias...

Niall_Quinn
I'm surprised at you NQ.

You're better than this tbh.

Perhaps there was a touch of sarcasm in there. Need to follow the thread tbh.

Henderson with a nothing effort.

Özim
Translation into Arsenal fan speak: GREAT SAVE CHES!

Nothing is great when you're 5-0 down, not unless you're a Spud.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 02:13 PM
PELANTY!!!

Thierrymon
Pen! Comeback is on

KSE Comedy Club
Ozil is shit.

I'd always start Rosicky ahead of him, you'll get non stop work from him.

I didn't want to believe people moaning about Ozil the last couple of months but I'm slowly starting to agree with them.

I expect a fuckin lot more from a Ł42m playa, not to just turn up and be a passenger for an entire match!

Xhaka Can’t
Oh great - a pel for us to miss.

McNamara That Ghost...
Oxocube didn't go off.

Me. :haha:

Niall_Quinn
Yeah cos losing 5-0 is better than a narrow defeat and doesn't have any impact on confidence at all :rolleyes:

Well you hope it will shatter our confidence, but I hope it signifies a landmark moment where the lads say FUCK THIS SHIT!

Pen.

We'll miss.

The Emirates Gallactico
Well at least we lost 5 - 0 away unlike the Spuds.

McNamara That Ghost...
ARTETA!!!

Özim
Penalty.

Arteta scored

5-1

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Oh great - a pel for us to miss.

It's on.

A Gunner
At least got one back

The Emirates Gallactico
Comeback is on.

Marc Overmars
IT'S ON!

Niall_Quinn
Thought it was on eof those days and we'd miss.

But fair do Arteta, 5-1

IT'S ON!

Özim
Well you hope it will shatter our confidence, but I hope it signifies a landmark moment where the lads say FUCK THIS SHIT!

Pen.

We'll miss.

Well no, I'm just using common sense something you seem to lack.

KSE Comedy Club
08-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Perhaps there was a touch of sarcasm in there. Need to follow the thread tbh.

Henderson with a nothing effort.

:tiphat:

Fuck yes!! Now let's see some fucking fight arsenal!!!

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:15 PM
I didn't want to believe people moaning about Ozil the last couple of months but I'm slowly starting to agree with them.

I expect a fuckin lot more from a Ł42m playa, not to just turn up and be a passenger for an entire match!

I don't think he's sh*t, I just think we don't play the right way to make the most of his talents. He's basically a creative runner, our play is too slow and pretty much nullifies a lot of his talents.

Maestro
08-02-2014, 02:16 PM

I've been seeing it for years too and enough ex and current players have spoken of the "freedom" that wenger gives them, to go out and just play their game. this is a good thing when it works, like you said but there is quite a lot times players need direction/instructions, a tactical or even an almighty kick up the backside.

as upset as i am at the performance today, deep down it's the manager that i am really upset at and am strongly feeling he will not be the man to take us further because of these limitations. we have a good team, but i am feeling a little sorry for them today and worried about our future with wenger in charge.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Terrible challenge from Flanagan, should be off.

Özim
Arteta with a very good free kick, good save.

Niall_Quinn
Should be red for that awful attempt at a leg breaker.

Ref has tried to play it fair but he's just not competent.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Ches saves from Coutinho.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Coutinho shoots, Chesney saves.

KSE Comedy Club
08-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I don't think he's sh*t, I just think we don't play the right way to make the most of his talents. He's basically a creative runner, our play is too slow and pretty much nullifies a lot of his talents.

Agreed but you'd still think he was the type of playa who would take he game by the balls and get the team to follow his way of playing when he did so. Inspire them if you will.

But he doesn't do that.

At all.

KSE Comedy Club
I'm still shocked that we were actually given a penalty.

Did it really happen?

Thierrymon
Not sure what flannagan was doing there, really ugly tackle there.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:20 PM
LOL - we really aren't at the races today. Let's get to the 90 without conceding another. Pool aren't even trying so let it fizzle out.

Niall_Quinn
I'm still shocked that we were actually given a penalty.

Did it really happen?

Yes, it's safe at 5-0.

Özim
Agreed but you'd still think he was the type of playa who would take he game by the balls and get the team to follow his way of playing when he did so. Inspire them if you will.

But he doesn't do that.

At all.

I don't think he's a leader, he relies on others to some extent, it's his 1st season though so maybe it'll take a bit of time for him to settle, plus we've been playing poorly which won't help players performances.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Ozil is shit. He'd be good if he played for city, but we all know who he plays for so he's shit.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Ozil is shit. He'd be good if he played for city, but we all know who he plays for so he's shit.

Relax mate.

fakeyank
Arsene's match reaction guesses?

Özim
Wenger post match interview:

"We showed great spirit and togetherness in the 2nd half, it was 1-1 in the 2nd half".

Niall_Quinn
Site has got faster - everyone has fucked off.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:23 PM

We lacked a little bit conciousness.

KSE Comedy Club
Yes, it's safe at 5-0.

Niall_Quinn
Anyone else find it strange GP and MS are missing at the same time?

Just saying.

Queers.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2014, 02:25 PM

Just saying.

Queers.

They're in Sochi.

KSE Comedy Club

'We played with a little bit handbrake on today'

Err....

Fuck knows what else after that :shrug:

Globalgunner
Arteta, possibly the worst DM in humanity

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:26 PM
80 minutes gone, we're trying to win this now.

cheesy bites
Well it was fun while it lasted. The usual 4th place scrap and dreams of Wembley in May.

Niall_Quinn
They're in Sochi.

Convenient.

KSE Comedy Club

Just saying.

Queers.
Also where is Ollie?

It's his fault we're loosing, we need that blind optimism every week tbf.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:27 PM
LOL - 100% pen right in front of the ref.

Özim

I think he's vamp.

Munchies

Just saying.

Queers.

Marc Overmars
Normally I don't bother with streams for matches but when I do I pick the worst games.

It's my fault guyz.

Master Splinter
Are we dropping to 14th after this result?

I missed the early part of the match, but it was already over by the time I switched on.

It seems like the AC Milan match from a few years ago. But worse. Everything that could go wrong has and we just froze and offered nothing.

As others have said, Gibbs and Rosicky should have started. They're both fresh and should always play in high-intensity matches. WUMger has been on a rampage in the last few weeks.

Maestro
08-02-2014, 02:28 PM

but he's not a DM, he's just being played in that position. don't blame him he's doing what he can, given his skill set

Niall_Quinn
Also where is Ollie?

It's his fault we're loosing, we need that blind optimism every week tbf.

Ollie is getting optimism coaching.

Özim
Are we dropping to 14th after this result?

I missed the early part of the match, but it was already over by the time I switched on.

It seems like the AC Milan match from a few years ago. But worse. Everything that could go wrong has and we just froze and offered nothing.

As others have said, Gibbs and Rosicky should have started. They're both fresh and should always play in high-intensity matches. WUMger has been on a rampage in the last few weeks.

How's Sochi?

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Site has got faster - everyone has fucked off.

I think everyone has complained about everything possible. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
Fair play to Cibbles for staying out of the thread while we suffer this.

Munchies
Giroud needs to leave in the summer.
Ozil needs to have a good world cup and fuck off to PSG, can't cut it here.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:30 PM

Behave

Özim
+'s

Biter did not score

The Emirates Gallactico

I know it's a bit late for it now, but let's not over react here.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Mertersacker totally done for pace there!

Master Splinter
Szczesny has been good again.

Poor guy.

Munchies
Nearly 6 :faint:

Xhaka Can’t

Ozil needs options to make use of his game. He hasn't got that now.

Niall_Quinn
Well done Ches - he's kept it down to an embarrassing scoreline at least.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Fair play to Cibbles for staying out of the thread while we suffer this.

I've been watching from a distance.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:32 PM
+'s

Biter did not score

GP is in Sochi

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Was that Sterling MOTM.

We've got a bit of that haven't we, in the bank.

+'s

We're partly MOTM

KSE Comedy Club
08-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Ollie is getting optimism coaching.

Shit.

In that case we're fucked.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Ozil needs options to make use of his game. He hasn't got that now.

He's shown what he can do in glimpses. It's Wenger that has fitted the handbreak, I bet you.

We play one way, pass the opposition to death, make them run. When you are up against a (let's face it) kick and rush team who have genuine quality up front then the midfield Wenger relies on just gets bypassed.

Ozil should have been told to run at them every time he got the ball, shoot every time he caught sight. But not Wenger's way.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:35 PM
+'s

Biter did not score

GP in Sochi

We're partly MOTM

We scored a goal

We lost 5-1 so should have pride for Wednesday's match

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I've been watching from a distance.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Emirates Gallactico
Moral of the story: Milla should be banned from making match threads from now on. :coffee:

Master Splinter
Get Koscielny or Mertesacker off the pitch to preserve the record FFS.

Just feign injury.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Mertesacker and Koscielny have been rock solid in the last 5 minutes.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:38 PM
+'s

Biter did not score

GP in Sochi

We're partly MOTM

We scored a goal

We lost 5-1 so should have pride for Wednesday's match

Imagine how hard we'll laugh if the chavs and the gypos draw.

RomfordPele
If only kallstrom had been fit...

Maestro
Moral of the story: Milla should be banned from making match threads from now on. :coffee:

so that's what it is, mods get on it

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:39 PM

Wenger said he could make the thread.

FT - not as good as I hoped for really.

Özim
08-02-2014, 02:39 PM
FT 5-1 Unlucky.

Master Splinter
08-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Moral of the story: Milla should be banned from making match threads from now on and also killed. :coffee:

Pretty much.

I'm still 100% this year.

Milla and Fakeyank :doh:.

Marc Overmars
We drew the 2nd half. Get in.

The Emirates Gallactico
so that's what it is, mods get on it

Unless FakeYank was at Anfield today that's got to be the reason.

Master Splinter has the best record. He should be thread maker for the rest of the season. :coffee:

Maestro
woosah

okay anger gone, it's all quite funny now.

...but wenger out, bhai

Niall_Quinn
Come on now lads, you fucked us up there. Time to sort this out now.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Pretty much.

I'm still 100% this year.

Milla and Fakeyank :doh:.

Quick, make the next thread while you still have the chance!!

Munchies
08-02-2014, 02:42 PM
:getcoat:

Read through the early pages of this thread to have a laugh.

Master Splinter
08-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Master Splinter has the best record. He should be thread maker for the rest of the season. :coffee:

Hard to disagree.

Also, every time I listen to a match on radio, even if for 5 minutes, we concede goals. Fucking 5 live.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Quick, make the next thread while you still have the chance!!

And all the others !

Make them as far in advance as possible now MS.

And if we fuck up, it's your fault though :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Hard to disagree.

Also, every time I listen to a match on radio, even if for 5 minutes, we concede goals. Fucking 5 live.

OMG! Haven't you figured out - never listen to the match on the radio! Everyone knows that FFS.

Maestro
08-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Unless FakeYank was at Anfield today that's got to be the reason.

i think this time he didn't tell anyone he's coming over. stowaway in stan's suitcase?

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 02:45 PM
i think this time he didn't tell anyone he's coming over. stowaway in stan's suitcase?

I volunteered to kill him any everyone was just meh. On your own heads.