PDA

View Full Version : The BFG appreciation thread

Ollie the Optimist
03-02-2014, 06:36 PM
I can't see a thread for him so i thought it was time to make one. He has been outstanding this season, a real leader, a superb defender and a great character in the team. He just gets it. every game he claps the fans, goes mad when we score/win, isn't afraid to bollock team mates if they make mistakes. Id make him captain right now. He loves the club and we all love him. He's a real leader on and off the pitch and its clear all his team mates love and respect him. He also connects brilliantly with the fans, after villa game he was the last one off the pitch and was fist pumping towards the fans because of the win. He brings out the best in Koscienly because they complement each other so well. everyone says he has no pace, yet he doesn't need it, he reads the game so well and just times his tackles to perfection. I don't think he has even been booked this season.

Id go so far as to even say that perhaps the BFG is one of Arsene's greatest signings. A slow start but in the last two years he has been an absolute rock, a leader and a great character to have at the club. For those that say Arsene doesn't get defending etc, he's developed Gibbs, signed Sagna, Koscienly (who is one of the best centre backs in europe right now) and BFG, as well as monreal. not bad

Marc Overmars
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Yeah but he's slow.

Edinburgh Gooner
03-02-2014, 07:25 PM
He's been booked twice. Yesterday's game being the second one.

Bumble
03-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Proper defender. Best defender we had since Campbell.

Master Splinter
03-02-2014, 07:48 PM
He still hasn't completed a full turn since he arrived in London.

Also, remember that time when all the fast players blazed past him and helped themselves to hat-tricks?

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Kos and Merts are proof positive Ozil will never amount to anything at this club.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-02-2014, 01:12 AM
New Tony Adams

fakeyank
04-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Need to sign Kos and him on long deals before the cunts come in. Same goes for Sagna.

selassie
04-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Jesus Christ, some of the compliments are way OTT. He's a good solid Defender, him and Kos make a very solid partnership and complement each other.

I do agree he should strongly be considered as captain though.

Xhaka Can’t
04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Jesus Christ, some of the compliments are way OTT. He's a good solid Defender, him and Kos make a very solid partnership and complement each other.

I do agree he should strongly be considered as captain though.

So...the new Tony Adams then?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fakeyank
04-02-2014, 07:58 PM

More like Cygan

IBK
04-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I can't see a thread for him so i thought it was time to make one. He has been outstanding this season, a real leader, a superb defender and a great character in the team. He just gets it. every game he claps the fans, goes mad when we score/win, isn't afraid to bollock team mates if they make mistakes. Id make him captain right now. He loves the club and we all love him. He's a real leader on and off the pitch and its clear all his team mates love and respect him. He also connects brilliantly with the fans, after villa game he was the last one off the pitch and was fist pumping towards the fans because of the win. He brings out the best in Koscienly because they complement each other so well. everyone says he has no pace, yet he doesn't need it, he reads the game so well and just times his tackles to perfection. I don't think he has even been booked this season.

Id go so far as to even say that perhaps the BFG is one of Arsene's greatest signings. A slow start but in the last two years he has been an absolute rock, a leader and a great character to have at the club. For those that say Arsene doesn't get defending etc, he's developed Gibbs, signed Sagna, Koscienly (who is one of the best centre backs in europe right now) and BFG, as well as monreal. not bad

He's been great - but perhaps his most remarkable feature has been being as good as he promised to be when we paid decent money for him. The shame is that probably the best back 5 in the league will be undone because of lack of investment up front.

Master Splinter
04-02-2014, 09:49 PM
£8m is nothing in this day and age. Especially for a vastly experienced German international.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2014, 10:54 PM
He's been great - but perhaps his most remarkable feature has been being as good as he promised to be when we paid decent money for him. The shame is that probably the best back 5 in the league will be undone because of lack of investment up front.

More likely the best back 5 in the league is undone by some dirty arab waving a chequebook around. We need to get these guys on long term contracts. Can't have another 10 years fishing around for a stable defence.

IBK
05-02-2014, 12:00 AM
£8m is nothing in this day and age. Especially for a vastly experienced German international.

True - but let's enjoy what we expected then.

selassie
05-02-2014, 09:43 AM

:lol:

fakeyank
07-03-2014, 05:32 PM
https://vine.co/v/MqaBT5qDuU6

Ollie the Optimist
07-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Big Fucking German :bow:

Penguin