PDA

View Full Version : Bayern Away

Chippy
23-02-2014, 07:46 PM
It was suggested in the media today by George Graham that it may be wise to rest players for this game and concentrate on domestic games. Just wanted to know what the views on this are from the forum? Me personally, I would certainly rotate and keep players fresh to the Scum game on the following Sunday.

Ollie the Optimist
23-02-2014, 07:51 PM
do what we did last year. fairly strong team but rest some players. 2-0 isn't unassaible so we should give it a go, but if we go 1 down before half hour, then id give up and not fight so much and sub players etc

Letters
23-02-2014, 08:12 PM
The game is on Tuesday I think and the Spurs game isn't till the Sunday so we've got a decent rest but IMO we're not going through whatever we do so I think we should rest some players.

Syn
23-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Wenger should've listened to me the first time. Throw the cup, win the league.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/mug-throw-big-lebowski.gif

IBK
23-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Was thinking about this. No way will Wenger chuck it. He may have a surprise like Sanogo in the first leg but IMO CL is more of an obsession for him than the league.

Marc Overmars
24-02-2014, 07:34 AM
I would rotate as much as possible. To be honest I can't see the likes of Gnabbers, Poldi, Oxlade etc doing any better or worse than the first choice players would. It would be amazing and a huge upset if we went through, so just play the percentages and realise there are 2 other competitions we have a genuine chance to win.

Penguin
24-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Rotate a bit but still field a strong side and try to win. If we field too weak a team we will get murdered. Lose by 4 or 5 goals (or worse...) and the confidence of our team will be destroyed. It will have the opp/site effect of the 2-0 win there last season.

LDG
24-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Turn it into a goal fest.

Make it open as fuck. No defending.

Play with all of our attackers anl very little in the way of defensive set up.

Explain to the!players before,$that we're prepared to get mullered if it doesn't come off.
But we may win 5-7 or something. Which woudd be awesome.

5-7

Özim
24-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Play the reserves and kids, that way if"we get hammered it doesn't matter as moqt of these players won't be with us in a couple of years.

This tie is oone IMO, no point wasting our players on it, we have bigger fish to fry.