PDA

View Full Version : WWE Thread.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Keith
09-09-2011, 10:40 PM
The Nash thing is strange, if he had meds now something must have changed as he competed in the Rumble. It must be storyline.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
He'll be dead within the year

All the talent in the world but fucked in the head

Same could be said for Kurt Angle really. Although I think Jeff Hardy is just a spot-monkey.

Ernesto
11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Christian's finishing move must be the most easily "counterable" manouevre since the Razor's Edge.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2011, 02:55 PM
MICK FOLEY admits he flopped during his three-year stay with TNA — but is ready to re-establish himself in WWE.

The four-time world champion — who embarks on a multi-date UK Stand Up Comedy tour in November — joined Dixie Carter's organisation in late 2008, vowing to make an immediate impact with the wrestling firm.

But in an exclusive interview with SunSport, Foley conceded: "I cannot look back and say I did everything I wanted to do in TNA.

"I would have liked to have been considered a good investment that Dixie Carter made. I don't think that she or I would think that the investment they put into me paid off for them.

"I think I could have contributed more and in a better way, but it did not work out that way."

Foley parted ways amicably with TNA in June, having only just been given the role of 'Network Executive' on the Impact Wrestling TV show. But he felt it was time to move on.

He said: "I was very honest with (Head of Talent Relations) Terry Taylor, and told him I just kind of lost faith in the company and that I really shouldn't be one of the guys that they centred their future around.

"The Network role was a great role for someone that really believed in the company. I wish they would have allowed me to leave a couple of weeks earlier or allowed me to stay another six or seven weeks, to make something out of that role."

Yet despite being out of the business for just three months, Foley is already being linked with a shock return to WWE.

After leaving in acrimonious circumstances prior to his TNA run, Foley was endorsed by the company on several occasions despite working for their main rivals, with his TNA-themed book even publicised on WWE television.

And the 46-year-old legend refused to quash rumours he is set to return to Vince McMahon's organisation before the end of the year.

Foley said: "I'm open to doing any number of things. It's a very good company with a lot of ways for a guy like me to make a contribution.

"Without knocking Impact Wrestling, your contribution was largely limited to what you could do in the TV show. WWE is a bigger company with a bigger infrastructure and a lot more ways to make a contribution."

Foley was semi-active as a wrestler during his time in the Impact Zone and revealed he would be open to a return to the ring in WWE — should the right opportunity present itself.

But he indicated that should the lacing of his boots not be required, he is satisfied with his body of work, and his last match particularly.

Foley said: "I was really happy with that last match I had with Ric Flair. If that turns out to be my last match ever that would be a really good way to go.

"But if there is something big, if there is one or two matches I could have with WWE, to elevate one of the younger talents or does big business for the company, then I would certainly do my best to give people a memorable match."

Despite displaying an imaginative mind for the inner working of the wrestling business, Foley does not believe that working with creative teams backstage is one of the many role he could fulfil in WWE.

He said: "That's the one thing that's not on the table. I wouldn't want that pressure and I couldn't take that pressure.

"Having to come through with ideas every week. I think Brian Gewirtz and Michael Hayes deserve some type of special peace prizes for being able to it on a weekly basis. I couldn't do it and wouldn't do it."

After years in the wrestling wilderness, Bret "The Hitman" Hart returned to WWE in January 2010, and has featured sporadically ever since.

He has made one-off appearances on TV, helped to further angles and hosted house shows. Would this be the kind of role that appeals to Foley?

He said: "That would be a pretty neat role and that's something that has been talked about.

"Back in 2004 Vince McMahon basically told me to consider WWE to be my playground, and that I could come and play any time I wanted to.

"It has been pointed out that I have a couple of days off on my tour when WWE just happens to be in the UK. So you never know. I may ask if I can play around for a little while."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3810022/Mick-Foley-I-wasnt-good-value-for-TNA.html

Can see him back in the WWE especially at a Raw episode where the Rock takes part

McNamara That Ghost...
13-09-2011, 03:27 PM
He'll be on very soon I reckon.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Just watched Raw.

CM Punk and Triple H :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-09-2011, 04:53 PM
We want Ice Cream.

:bow:

Rors
13-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Phil Brooks :bow:

Rors
14-09-2011, 08:22 PM
:doh: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/201758

McNamara That Ghost...
14-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I really hope he is committed soon. He needs it.

Cripps_orig
14-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Should do a Matt v Jeff match. Loser gets rehab. The winner doesnt and probably dies

Wrestlemania 29, Vince make it happen

Rors
14-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Should do a Matt v Jeff match. Loser gets rehab. The winner doesnt and probably dies

Wrestlemania 29, Vince make it happen

Something tells me they'd book a draw for that one. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Scott Hall as special guest ref. Kurt Angle as special enforcer.

:cheers:

:beer:

Rors
14-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Scott Hall as special guest ref. Kurt Angle as special enforcer.

:cheers:

:beer:

Jake Roberts as guest time(gentlemen, please)keeper

Cripps_orig
16-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Apparently The Rock will be at Survivor Series and he will team with Cena

McNamara That Ghost...
16-09-2011, 05:51 PM
On the same team? Hmm, I don't know, I can't work out a scenario where they would need to be on the same team. The Rock being at Survivor Series is pretty much guaranteed though. Maybe it is all dependent on the CM Punk/HHH stuff.

Also, HBK's tweet earlier today:

ShawnMichaels_ Shawn Michaels
Begrudgingly finished my workout, off 2 WWE Land 2 do heaven knows what w/HHH. Guess I'll find out when I get there. Luv last minute stuff!!
3 hours ago

On screen Kliq. :pray:

Cripps_orig
19-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Watching Night of Champions

Michael Cole :lol:

Cripps_orig
19-09-2011, 06:24 PM
WWE sources have confirmed that The Rock and John Cena will be a part of a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Tag Team Match.

from the wwe site

Marc Overmars
19-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Awesome, can't wait to see Rock back in action!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Watching Night of Champions

Michael Cole :lol:

Hope it happens more often tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Hope it happens more often tbf.

What happend

McNamara That Ghost...
20-09-2011, 08:22 AM
He lost his voice. :lol:

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Also forgot to mention

Awesome Truth :bow:

But also the referee :bow:

Rors
20-09-2011, 06:20 PM
As long as it doesn't get too convoluted (which was not the case for the finish of the NoC main event - WCW 2000-style overbooking there), I like the way Miz and Truth have been brought into this. Will they eventually head a new renegade group with Nash involved? :popcorn:

Oh, and stop treating Morrison like Iron Mike Sharpe, okthanksta.

Rors
20-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Spoiler is TNA-related, but on the off-chance that anyone actually watches that trash* http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/202550/Hulk-Hogan-TNA-Update-(SPOILERS).htm I agree with the comment from 'Kristian' at the bottom of that page should this be legit. I fear we really haven't seen the last of him... :(

* Noticed I actually have Challenge (and GOLD, and Dave) despite not changing my Sky package. Zuh? :unsure:

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 06:42 PM
So Miz and Truths firing isnt genuine then? :lol:

I wonder how they'll come back especially as HHH is the one whos fired them and hes the boss. Vince cant bring them back.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Spoiler is TNA-related, but on the off-chance that anyone actually watches that trash* http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/202550/Hulk-Hogan-TNA-Update-(SPOILERS).htm I agree with the comment from 'Kristian' at the bottom of that page should this be legit. I fear we really haven't seen the last of him... :(

* Noticed I actually have Challenge (and GOLD, and Dave) despite not changing my Sky package. Zuh? :unsure:

Challenge is one of the free ones with Sky I thought.

nWo? :popcorn: If that is what happens, I hope they run with it long term for once.

Rors
20-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Ah. Just seen I have been 'upgraded' to Entertainment Super Pack or something :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Ah that'll explain it then.

Cripps_orig
26-09-2011, 09:24 PM
STEVE AUSTIN'S dream final wrestling match would be against current WWE star CM Punk.

Stone Cold retired due to injury in 2003 after battling The Rock at WrestleMania XIX but has since built a successful career as a movie star.

His latest release, Born To Fight, is out on DVD next week and the grappling legend reckons his current Twitter banter with Punk could turn into a full-blown scrap at WWE's showpiece pay-per-view event.

Austin, who was the face of the WWE's revamped Tough Enough series, told SunSport: "I think Punk is a great guy.

"I'd say he looks up to me for what I did in the ring back in the day — and I look up to him for what he is doing now. I'd say it's a case of mutual respect.

"I hear the stories and if the stars aligned and all things worked out to benefit us all — the WWE, myself and Punk — I'd say that he is the guy I'd pick to face.

"I'm sure I could get another match out of this carcass of mine."

Austin, 46, had a taste of what it would be like to step back in the ring at WrestleMania when he officiated the Michael Cole-Jerry Lawler match at this year's event — which also featured his close friend and mentor Jim Ross.

He added: "Mania was a lot of fun. If you can't be one of the guys in the ring competing, why not be the guy who is pulling the strings in there instead?

"I enjoyed the experience and it's always fun to be in a WWE ring. I really get the fans and they still appreciate what I've done and continue to do.

"WWE has changed, it was a lot edgier in my day, but things do move on and that was my time I guess.

"It's fun being closer to wrestling again. I loved Tough Enough and hear there may be a second series.

"If a few other things get ironed out in the company first, I'd say it's a good 95 per cent guaranteed. My Involvement was a lot more hands on than I expected and I enjoyed that.

"Wrestling is part of my system. I don't miss the bumps, the travel grind or the pain, but I do enjoy it when I get back and feel the rush of being in front of a crowd."

Stone Cold also gave us his views on one match set for next year's WrestleMania — John Cena against his old rival The Rock — and the Hulk Hogan-Sting bout that is likely to take place at TNA's showpiece event Bound For Glory.

Austin said: "A year-long build is something no one has ever done so Cena v Rock will be very interesting. Rock is doing his thing in Hollywood so can't make every taping, plus you can't overdo these things.

"WWE are doing their part and keeping it moving along, but there is still a long time until the pay-off.

"I'll be honest, I hadn't heard about Hogan v Sting. That will be interesting too, I mean Hogan had back surgery didn't he?

"They are both great guys. I'm a fan of Sting's and he can still go with the best of them. I know Hogan well and he still has it when he needs it.

"It will be a very interesting night at the office that one and I will most certainly be watching Bound For Glory to see how it works out.

"I get annoyed when people say that such and such should retire, or they shouldn't compete due to injury or age.

"I know how it works and many of these guys find it hard to stay out of the ring. Hogan, for example, was put on this world to be there.

"There may often be money involved when guys step back in the ring, but it's more about their need to be there than the financial rewards.

"The other thing is that there are so few people coming up through the ranks who can match the success of guys like Hulk, Flair, Sting or myself.

"Cena may be the only one who has reached that level — I've yet to see another hit that peak yet."

Born to Fight takes Austin away from his comfort zone of action films.

Telling the tale of a young man new to high school who experiences bullying, this is one film that Stone Cold feels will appeal to more than just his loyal fan base.

He said: "Born to Fight shows a softer side to me than the previous ones I guess. I'd call it the Karate Kid meets Rocky type of film.

"I play an ex-boxer turned school janitor. I see this kid being bullied and I train him to become a boxer — teaching him how to stand up for himself, while learning more about myself too.

"I enjoyed the role as it stretched me as an actor. There was more dialogue for me to tackle for a start — and I don't even cuss once in this one!"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3836427/Steve-Austin-Id-pick-CM-Punk-for-my-final-match.html

Wrestlemania 28, Vince, Make it happen

Rors
27-09-2011, 07:52 PM
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Steve-Austin-The-Most-Popular-Superstar-Of-All-Time-DVD-4-Discs.html

Fang McFrost :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Vinnie. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Hell In A Cell tonight. Would be nice if they just thought "fuck it, let's have it as TV-14". A pipe dream though I guess.

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Just read the results of Hell in a Cell

Want to see the ending

McNamara That Ghost...
03-10-2011, 05:25 PM
It was very good. I imagine it'll be put on youtube and taken away very quickly so just keep searching I guess!

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Like what they did with the Intercontinential title

McNamara That Ghost...
03-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Agreed. Just need to do the same for the WWE Championship now. Well, actually the tag belts firstly. Their current versions are just horrible.

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Is the WWE Championship considered the best? Or is there no difference between that and the world title.

And yeah I've hated the look of the WWE title since John Cena introduced it.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Is the WWE Championship considered the best? Or is there no difference between that and the world title.

And yeah I've hated the look of the WWE title since John Cena introduced it.

Yes because it wll always be the WWE's major belt as far as im concened the World title will always be the WCW heavyweight title

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 09:47 PM
I've noticed it's changed hands loads of times in the last few months. Devalues it tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Kinda plays in to this idea that HHH's reign has brought nothing but confusion though. It's true that some of the changes have been a bit unnecessary.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Agreed. Just need to do the same for the WWE Championship now. Well, actually the tag belts firstly. Their current versions are just horrible.

Its Weird it was only yesterday or sat after watching smackdown thinking the IC belt needed a change then hoping for the white one to come back and it did lol , bit spooky

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I've noticed it's changed hands loads of times in the last few months. Devalues it tbh. It kind of has too though, don't think fans are Patient enough to see one man hold onto it for long like Cena did that time.

I can see it changing hands a few times more before WM

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Watching Raw

Theres a guy with an Inter top with Ibrahimovic on the back

Yanks :lol:

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I actually understood every word Jinder Mahal said

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 06:29 PM
That was a pretty good 6 on 6 match as a main event.

Well main event in terms of matches, theres still half hour left of the show

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
A very unexpected ending

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
You'd think the resolution to it will be the first thing that happens on Smackdown. Otherwise it's just going to be two hours of the Big Show...

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Dont usually watch Smackdown bar bits and pieces when skipping through channels.

Might watch this one.

None of the major fan favourites were out there at the end of Raw. That was surprising

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah that's often the case with things like this when everybody was supposed to be out there. Same thing happened not so long ago (two weeks ago possibly) when they were all outside the ring too.

Not sure if it's storyline or not because it happens so often.

Rors
04-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Yeah that's often the case with things like this when everybody was supposed to be out there. Same thing happened not so long ago (two weeks ago possibly) when they were all outside the ring too.

Not sure if it's storyline or not because it happens so often.

I think the reason here might be they didn't want any one of their three top faces taking on the face COO. (Probably explains why the list of 'speakers' was such a random one!). What that gives in terms of integrity preservation though, it takes away in realism

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2011, 08:18 PM
That could be it. Or it's part of the C-O-N spiracy.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Dont usually watch Smackdown bar bits and pieces when skipping through channels.

Might watch this one.

None of the major fan favourites were out there at the end of Raw. That was surprising

was Strange but i thought as long as both the WWE and the World heavyweight champ where there it did not matter much. Thought the refs were a bit pathetic. Being afraid of coming to work now. Has The WWE been "dangerous always anyway.

I Guess raw will be good next week

Cripps_orig
11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
You guessed wrong

Although i havent seen all of it yet as theres still the main event to go but its more of the same old shit tbh

Cripps_orig
11-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Guess i posted too soon..

Rors
11-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Bit of a waste to have come all this way just for the sake of revealing Heel GM Part 5472945.

Cripps_orig
11-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Just the interim though tbh

Whos likely to be the permanent guy?

Welcome back Mick tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2011, 05:42 PM
CM Punk.

That'd make me laugh.

HHH is still COO so god knows where they will go with it. Can't be long before Nash is back though, Johnny Ace is obviously undoing all the personnel decisions that HHH made. Which would mean wishing Morrison well in his future endeavours.

Rors
11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I suspect that they were leaving the door open for some kind of NwO reformation (which could still happen up to a point), then they had to rethink when Terry signed a new contract with TNA (and TFFT!! ). So they have really gone around the house to get to this, and at least as yet it's not all that satisfying..

I have no doubt that - sadly legit - Morrison will soon be on his way. Jobbing in 60 seconds to a transitional move, and then taking a beat-down? He's done. What a waste!

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah he has to be, it's probably still being with Melina that has done it.

I think rather than holding out for the nWo, they could've just ran with The Outsiders. If Hall is sober, that is.

Rors
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
From February of this year:

http://i.wrestlinginc.com/pics/scotthall-new.jpg

There might be some work to do there....

Marc Overmars
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Razor Ramon. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-10-2011, 08:30 AM
From February of this year:

http://i.wrestlinginc.com/pics/scotthall-new.jpg

There might be some work to do there....

He's looking more and more like Fake Razor Ramon.

Cripps_orig
12-10-2011, 03:13 PM
FORMER WWE and TNA star Tyson Tomko has been arrested on robbery charges in Florida.

The 38-year-old — real name Travis Tomko — is alleged to have entered a pharmacy in St Augustine and demanded all the Oxycodone they had.

Oxycodone is a powerful painkiller similar to Morphine known to have been a factor in the death of many wrestlers including Test and Sherri Martel.

Upon leaving the pharmacy, Tomko went to a nearby restaurant and asked for a spoon. He was discovered in the toilets approximately half an hour later, and admitted to crushing, melting and injecting the pills into his arm. He denied threatening the pharmacist.

Tomko was first brought into WWE in 2004 as Christian's 'problem solver', and stayed aligned to the Canadian for much of his WWE run. He left the company in 2006.

Shortly afterwards, concurrent with a stint in Japan, Tomko joined TNA, and was again paired up with Christian (then known as Christian Cage), who had jumped ship the previous year.

Although featuring prominently in storylines as an enforcer and tag partner, Tomko was not given a serious singles push.

Upon leaving TNA he re-signed with WWE, but never made it back to television.

Another brief stint in TNA followed last year, but it was short-lived and unmemorable.

Tomko's bail was posted at $7,500 and was understood to not have been paid as of Tuesday night.
•Lucha Libre wrestling star Clemente Marcelino Valencia Najera — known as Doctor X — was shot in the head and killed when he tried to break up a fight while attending a party last night in Mexico City. He was 43.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/

Next in line to go probably

McNamara That Ghost...
13-10-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/205855/%5BVIDEO%5D-Preview-of-Scott-Hall-Story-on-ESPN-E:60.htm

Fucking hell. :(

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 11:18 PM
He looks grim.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Watching Raw so was Ross really Fired or is it Kafaybe.

Cena firgting for thr title Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 03:53 PM
After being fired Monday night on RAW, Jim Ross is selling the angle, noting that he was blindsided by the firing and claims that he had no idea that it was going to occurr. He said the following in an interview with Yahoo!: “No, no idea whatsoever. It came as a complete surprise. My wife, we’re celebrating our eighteenth anniversary today, none of us knew. It took me completely by surprise. It was one of those embarrassing moments you endure and move on. It’s like anything else in life – when you get faced with a challenge or an uncomfortable situation, you have to make some choices on how you handle it.”

Regarding it being a storyline, Ross responded, “If it is, no one has told me about the storyline. I just think WWE upper management has made the decision, again, to go with a different presentation at the announce position and I’m not in the plans. So, we move on.”

http://wrestleheat.com/jim-ross-comments-fired-wwe-claims-storyline=12653

Probably true as no one really gives a fuck about Good Ol JR anymore for it to be a storyline

Olivier's xmas twist
14-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Shame about ross tbh/ CM punk should have got the title match but i suppose his tag match will be more interesing anyway. Raw was ok not the best though.

Rors
14-10-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/205855/%5BVIDEO%5D-Preview-of-Scott-Hall-Story-on-ESPN-E:60.htm

Fucking hell. :(

That was horrible. The man needs help. Now.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Razor Ramon. :bow:

looks more like Rubharb Ramon

McNamara That Ghost...
15-10-2011, 08:04 AM
That was horrible. The man needs help. Now.

Yup. Not much you can do when someone feels like they can't quit though.

Rors
18-10-2011, 05:31 PM
You just knew they'd do a Visa angle.. :lol:

(Oh, and...Hogan. :haha: Pathetic)

Cripps_orig
18-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Watching Raw atm. An hour in

Pretty dull.

Not enough mic time for wrestlers and too many matches. Also John Laurinaitis just doesnt do it as a GM

McNamara That Ghost...
18-10-2011, 08:45 PM
You just knew they'd do a Visa angle.. :lol:

(Oh, and...Hogan. :haha: Pathetic)

Not going to take a bump, brother!

Rors
22-10-2011, 04:42 PM
been cheering myself up with the latest Botchamania installment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb67bjNHdxk&feature=feedu

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Vengeance on tonight on SS1

McNamara That Ghost...
24-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I thought it was quite good. I guess the build to Survivor Series starts now. :popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 12:09 PM
I thought it was quite good. I guess the build to Survivor Series starts now. :popcorn:

Did not see it but saw who won what and what happend don't think i missed much but think it was ok

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Just watched it.

Pretty good. Hopefully in the 4 weeks from now til Survivor Series, we see a lot of the Rock as he is scheduled to wrestle at SS.

Hope hes at the O2 Arena in London on November 11th

Rors
25-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Cena's announcement of his SS partner would have looked a little more convincing if WWE hadn't been trailing The Return for the last four weeks :lol:

Cripps_orig
27-10-2011, 02:41 PM
So we wont see the traditional elimination matches for SS?

Bit annoyed with that.

Just watched Raw. Kevin Nash :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Raw was ok, shame about what they are doing to Morrison seems Rors was right, looks like he could be on the way soon.

As for ross vs cole, really ross leaving agin.

Smackdown the begining is Alwsome, i mean Punk is alwsome

Punk :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2011, 09:48 PM
So now Johnny Ace is a Face GM now

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2011, 10:44 PM
CM Punk is possibly getting the loudest cheers of anybody at the moment, outside of The Rock. His merch has been outselling Cena too.

And nah Johnny is not a face. He's playing that tweener role (though only just about). I don't think anybody will be particularly convinced with that but it does make sense he would want to be seen as having control, given what happened with HHH. And everything that happened to HHH has stemmed through him, or whoever he is working for.

My feeling is that JR will beat Cole on Monday (in whatever his challenge is) and Cole will go on to be the full-time RAW GM or at least a more prominent TV role, unless it's just to humiliate JR again but why would JR sign up for that, again?

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2011, 11:29 PM
CM Punk is possibly getting the loudest cheers of anybody at the moment, outside of The Rock. His merch has been outselling Cena too.

And nah Johnny is not a face. He's playing that tweener role (though only just about). I don't think anybody will be particularly convinced with that but it does make sense he would want to be seen as having control, given what happened with HHH. And everything that happened to HHH has stemmed through him, or whoever he is working for.

My feeling is that JR will beat Cole on Monday (in whatever his challenge is) and Cole will go on to be the full-time RAW GM or at least a more prominent TV role, unless it's just to humiliate JR again but why would JR sign up for that, again?

Suppose so

Cripps_orig
29-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Still find it hilarious that the anonymous GM has been forgotten about after the major part it played for ages. I know its not the first time a story line has been dropped but still funny.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Still find it hilarious that the anonymous GM has been forgotten about after the major part it played for ages. I know its not the first time a story line has been dropped but still funny.

Problem was it was getting tedious, they should have found someone and shown him quick tbh all even made it Cole all along.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I liked it in the sense they could get a decision made clear to everyone without needing to bring somebody out. Look at Teddy Long who only ever comes out during action to make tag matches.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I liked it in the sense they could get a decision made clear to everyone without needing to bring somebody out. Look at Teddy Long who only ever comes out during action to make tag matches.

Just like Johnny Ace does now lol

McNamara That Ghost...
31-10-2011, 08:25 AM
The Muppets are on RAW tonight. :haha:

And The Rock apparently will respond to Cena's choice of him as a tag partner.

Cripps_orig
03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3912430/Holy-Foley-Mick-returns-to-WWE.html

Hes back

McNamara That Ghost...
03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I've seen the video of he, R-Truth and The Miz in the ring. Funny stuff.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-11-2011, 02:54 PM
The usual impressive showing from Danny Alexander....

http://i41.tinypic.com/2a4plbm.jpg

:haha:

Cripps_orig
08-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Raw was a bit shit last night in Liverpool

Hope Friday is better at the O2

Rors
09-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Raw was a bit shit last night in Liverpool

Hope Friday is better at the O2

Yep, def. in a Pre-Rock holding pattern.

Cripps_orig
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
GARY NEVILLE had better watch out or he could be on the end of WWE star Sheamus' trademark Brogue Kick.

When quizzed on which footballer he would most like to take down with his signature finishing move, lifelong Liverpool fan Sheamus did not hesitate in singling out ex-Manchester United star Neville.

Sheamus said: "I'd definitely like to Brogue Kick that Gary Neville fella. I don't know what it is about him.

"I know he played for Manchester United and there is a big rivalry between Liverpool and them, but every time you look at him he has an 80-year-old granny's face on him — he looks as though he's eaten 10 bags of lemons or something!

"So definitely Gary Neville, I never liked him at all."

Sheamus was given a tour of Anfield ahead of his Smackdown World Tour Show at the Liverpool Echo Arena and admitted he loved every minute of it.

The Irishman said: "It's been brilliant — I've felt like a little kid walking around.

"I've just been in the museum and been around the whole stadium. Liverpool are the football club I've supported ever since I was a kid.

"I've always loved them. They had four great Irish players — Ronnie Whelan, Ray Houghton, Steve Staunton and John Aldridge. I particularly loved Whelan, I thought he was a great player.

"My uncle was a big Liverpool fan and he'd come over to our house and bring me videos.

"I remember picking up the official history of Liverpool FC video, which ran from the very beginning until just after we won the Double in 1986. I must have watched that tape about twice a day — it was great.

"It gave me great inspiration and I fell in love with the history of the club and everything about it. The rest is history."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3924928/WWE-star-Sheamus-has-Gary-Neville-in-his-sights.html

:haha:

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 07:32 PM
At the O2. Show due to start any second. Lots of Ric Flair Wooooos from the crowd

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2011, 09:50 PM
At the O2. Show due to start any second. Lots of Ric Flair Wooooos from the crowd

How good was it then

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Not finished yet.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2011, 12:04 AM
So was the Rock good live and does Cena really suck

Cripps_orig
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
CM Punk :bow:

The ending :bow:

Kevin Nash is massive.

Miz and R Truth are brilliant

Fair play to Cena. Got the loudest reaction.

Drew Mcintyre got a big pop as well as Mason Ryan

Dolph Ziggler is the next best thing tbh

Cripps_orig
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
So was the Rock good live and does Cena really suck

Rock wasnt there

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Rock wasnt there

Ah, he's was meant to be on raw nest week which i assumed would be.

Cripps_orig
12-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Ah, he's was meant to be on raw nest week which i assumed would be.

He is on Raw next week

This is still this week though

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2011, 12:18 AM
He is on Raw next week

This is still this week though

So what you saw won't air then?

Cripps_orig
12-11-2011, 12:20 AM
So what you saw won't air then?

Nope. It was a house show. Still pretty good though.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Nope. It was a house show. Still pretty good though.

Cheers matey :D:

Cripps_orig
12-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Ive got to say Miz is fucking awesome on the mic. He had the crowd eating out of his hand today. Brilliant. Didnt expect to see Nash either so when he came out as Mizs and Truths partner, that was a good surprise.

Bella twins :bow:

Kelly Kelly :bow:

Eve and Beth :sick:

Few heels jumped Punk at the end of his match v Del Rio which in turn made a few faces run out led by Cena. In the end, Dolph Ziggler was surrounded in the ring by Cena, Kofi, Ryder, Punk and Eve. Yes Eve. Fuck knows why she ran out when the faces did as she didnt do anything but anyway they all did their finishers on Ziggler. CM Punk spun around with Ziggler on his shoulders for ages before hitting the GTS. Punk couldnt walk properly afterwards as he was dazed the fuck out.

During his match, he hulked up and also hit the Macho Man flying elbow, both of which got a good pop. Was also going to do HBKs finisher but Del Rio moved.

Also if John Morrison is let go from WWE, Vince needs to be shot. Hes too damn good. Needs a decent push.

On we go to the WrestleMania Revenge Tour in April which i will also look to go to as it will be televised

Cripps_orig
15-11-2011, 01:21 PM
CHRIS JERICHO has stunned the wrestling world by claiming his grappling career is over.

The 41-year-old left WWE after his contract ended in September last year but was expected to return after recording and touring commitments with his band Fozzy were completed.

However, Jericho told his 420,000 Twitter followers that he has no intention of ever working for Vince McMahon's company again.

He said: "Let me get something straight...I will never wrestle for the WWE again.

"But there is some big news coming up in the world of dance..."

Jericho's statement suggests fans have seen the last of him competing inside the squared circle.

Speaking to SunSport earlier this year, he admitted he would NEVER work for another wrestling promotion because of his loyalty to WWE.

He said: "I'm not against going back but I'm busy elsewhere and at present I have no plans to appear for the WWE.

"If I never go back I'm fine with that. I'd want to come back for a reason and make it a long run. I wouldn't do a one-off show.

"I'm either in or out, no one-shot deals or false starts.

"But my loyalties are with WWE, so I won't be turning up in TNA or doing a Japanese show.

"I don't see the sense on going somewhere else when I have worked for the best."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3936634/WWE-news-Chris-Jericho-claims-his-grappling-career-is-over.html

Hope he changes his mind

Cripps_orig
15-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Just watched Raw

WTF is this obsession with twitter?

Just STFU about it, Rock and do what you do best

Niall_Quinn
15-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Wrestling is gay, btw.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Just watched Raw

WTF is this obsession with twitter?

Just STFU about it, Rock and do what you do best

Mike foley sucking Cena's dick Wtf

:bow: Bull Buchanon LOL

Olivier's xmas twist
16-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Mick Foley :pal:
Rock :bow:

Rors
20-11-2011, 10:03 AM
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/211368/UPDATED:-Matt-Hardy-Arrested-Again.htm Somebody we can safely say won't be doing a run-in tonight..

McNamara That Ghost...
20-11-2011, 10:53 AM
I thought he had been reborn?

Rors
20-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I thought he had been reborn?

They forgot to cut the cord...

Cripps_orig
20-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Worth ordering Survivor Series tonight?

McNamara That Ghost...
20-11-2011, 11:21 PM
I reckon so. Can't imagine The Rock doing any more matches until Wrestlemania.

Marc Overmars
21-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I reckon they'll have Cena beat The Rock at WM.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Just read SS results

Seems like a decentish show.

Raw should be good

Marc Overmars
21-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Crazy to think most Cena fans were just nippers when The Rock was doing his thing.

Makes me feel old.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Also i really hope the Sin Cara injury is a work

Doesnt seem like it though. Someone get Shane Longs medical staff on him and he'll be back in a few weeks. Send Arsenals and hes out for 3 years

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Not a work

Hes out for 6 to 9 months

GP
21-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Crazy to think most Cena fans were just nippers when The Rock was doing his thing.

Makes me feel old.

Super Cena :bow:

The best around tbh

Rors
21-11-2011, 07:05 PM
The Cena heel turn has to be coming. He was clearly playing with the crowd with the climb-the-buckle thing at the end. They might take a hit over merchandise, but sometimes needs must. Now as long as they don't turn Punk into Hogan '87 II...

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Punk v Del Rio rematch at the next event

Also Triple H v Kevin Nash as well

Quite enjoy the months after SS as its a build up to the Rumble which then leads to WM

Can see Cena winning the title probably at the Rumble, Rock makes a guest appearance and wins it making their match at WM for the title

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Read the Unofficial DX book

Dont know how Unofficial it is seeing as HBK and HHH write it but its a decent read.

Ive been looking for HHH to write a book and this is a light hearted version of events in his career

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 10:17 PM
The Cena heel turn has to be coming. He was clearly playing with the crowd with the climb-the-buckle thing at the end. They might take a hit over merchandise, but sometimes needs must. Now as long as they don't turn Punk into Hogan '87 II...

I dunno, I don't think Cult of Personality and Real American are the same thing. Or, actually maybe they are. :ninja:

It was funny at Survivor Series, pretty much every match had a 'we want Ryder' chant, apart from the Punk one and the Rock one.

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 01:33 PM
There was a "We want Ryder" chant after Survivor Series when Rock was speaking to the crowd :lol:

Anyway watching Raw atm. Lawlers lost his voice :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I saw RAW this morning. Good stuff mostly, the Punk - Ziggler match was particularly good.

Also, Lawler. :lol:

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I love R Truth and Miz

They, pardon the pun are truly awesome

Wtf, just seen it all now. Looks like Awesome Truth are over. FFS.

Rors
22-11-2011, 06:27 PM
For those who don't yet know, R-Truth failed a Wellness test and now has to undergo the mandatory 30-day suspension - which would explain the rushed and awkward break-up angle at the end of Raw. I suspect this has actually been held against Ol' Ron for a while, but they decided not to activate the ban until getting Survivor Series out of the way.

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 06:39 PM
In that case, R Truth :doh:

What an idiot

Hes finally gotten that push hes no doubt wanted for a decade and then he does this.

Evan Bourne is also suspended :doh:

These wrestlers arent the brightest are they?

Rors
22-11-2011, 07:36 PM
In that case, R Truth :doh:

What an idiot

Hes finally gotten that push hes no doubt wanted for a decade and then he does this.

Evan Bourne is also suspended :doh:

These wrestlers arent the brightest are they?

Makes you wonder. The current WWE Champion is somebody who is no longer thought of as 'too small' to hold the big title. Yet there still seems to be a suggestion that you need 'alternative means' to bulk up in order to get noticed. Truth was main eventing one of the Big Four PPVs, which makes it even stranger..

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Its a shame as well cos i and judging from the crowd response they got back at the O2 a couple of weeks ago many other were enjoying Miz and Truth together.

Excellent on the mic. Punk stole the show in terms of Wrestling but Awesome Truth were equally as good on the mic

McNamara That Ghost...
22-11-2011, 10:54 PM
There are so many of these Wellness violations now, which is good they are being picked up on. You can't help but feel if wrestlers are taking those drugs though to try and cope with the pretty gruelling schedule (in Evan Bourne's case it was synthetic marijuana and possibly R-Truth's too).

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2011, 10:57 PM
New Sin Cara shirt. :doh: Not exactly PG (NSFW).

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/67051sm_124368.jpg

Rors
29-11-2011, 07:26 PM
So they're drawing attention to the Cena boos now then, to the point of actually making an angle out of it? Interesting...

Cripps_orig
29-11-2011, 07:42 PM
His journey to the dark side is nearly complete

GP
29-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Cena :bow:

Rors
29-11-2011, 09:11 PM

Clockwork :bow: :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Cena. :lol:

I feared the worst on WWE'12 when you start off on Road to Wrestlemania as him. It doesn't last though, thankfully.

As for Cena's turn, I don't know, they can't do it until they decide they don't want to market him at kids. Unless the kids are too stupid to realise he is being a heel.

Also, live Smackdown is on tonight. :popcorn:

Cripps_orig
29-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Is WWE 12 as good as it looks or is it Smackdown v Raw with just a different name?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2011, 10:42 PM
It's essentially the same, though Road to Wrestlemania is one continuous story leading from one wrestler to another, rather than doing the same path multiple times with different wrestlers. I didn't have last years version but it is a bit more fluid in play - I can't help but feel the amount of moves you can do is limited. Having said that, I haven't made my own wrestler yet and the standard rosters do tend to just have armlock, punch, german suplex, pumphandle slam. There's barely info on screen as well (it's default setting is to hide the energy bar and you can't ever bring them up for the CPU). :doh:

On another note of a :doh: Michael Cole is on commentary too which automatically gives it a negative rating, even if it probably is the best one I have played since No Mercy.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Cena. :lol:

I feared the worst on WWE'12 when you start off on Road to Wrestlemania as him. It doesn't last though, thankfully.

As for Cena's turn, I don't know, they can't do it until they decide they don't want to market him at kids. Unless the kids are too stupid to realise he is being a heel.

Also, live Smackdown is on tonight. :popcorn:

What did he do to become a heel

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Nothing, yet.

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 01:46 PM
As expected, Morrison has left

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2011, 02:07 PM
RAW was good. Laurinaitis made me laugh out loud, twice.

Rors
06-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Good stuff. I really hate the 'distraction finish' though. Ref-bump and interference - fine. Staring at/chasing after someone not in the match and forgetting about your opponent - not fine.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I can understand it on occasion for Orton as his character is a bit of a nutter and would do it on purpose just to "kick you IN the skoll" but to then stand on the ramp looking bemused at being counted out? Weird.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
As expected, Morrison has left

WTF, Shame he was one who had potential

Vince what a douche

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Not sure whos decision it was tbh.

Morrisons contract had run out. Dont know if it was him who decided to leave or if WWE didnt want to keep him on.

Either way, he was underused. Very talented guy but a bit suspect mentally imo

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I suspect it had more to do with his continued relationship with Melina, she's a bit of a trouble maker tbf. Not sure why he's still even with her given she had been doing Batista and Mike Knox behind his back.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
How alwsome is punk

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Pretty alwsome tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Best bit of raw was the last.

Punk "If you say its because its your destiny i swear to jebus im'a star drinking" lol

Cole "Photo Op"

Punk "Oh come on even your contract signings are boring"

LOL

Cripps_orig
10-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Lilian Garcia is back permanently

Xhaka Can’t
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Lilian Garcia is black. Permanently

Racist.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Kane with the mask. :bow:

Marc Overmars
13-12-2011, 03:28 PM

Just youtubed that. Original music and everything!

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2011, 03:32 PM

about fecking time too.

Rors
13-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Issac Yankem/Fake Diesel :bow:

Cripps_orig
13-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Just watched it

Kane :bow:

Road Dog :bow:

Brought back memories of some great times

Rors
13-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Interesting to see Brian 'Road Dogg' James back. Search out his shoot interview from a short while back, he tears Vinny and Levesque a new one. I think we can safely say he needs the money... Oh, and Lita? That has to be someone's idea of a rib (She was nicked over the weekend for driving offences)

McNamara That Ghost...
13-12-2011, 07:09 PM
As far as I know, RD is in the company as a producer now.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Issac Yankem/Fake Diesel :bow:

Glen jacobs has played a few characters too boot. LOL

Flavs
14-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Interesting to see Brian 'Road Dogg' James back. Search out his shoot interview from a short while back, he tears Vinny and Levesque a new one. I think we can safely say he needs the money... Oh, and Lita? That has to be someone's idea of a rib (She was nicked over the weekend for driving offences)

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla ides and getleman, boys and girls of all ages...

:bow:

Flavs
14-12-2011, 11:25 AM

Wha?

Did you see him inaugurated into the Hall of Fame?? He even got a pop for some other random bloke. Consummate professional tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2011, 11:30 AM
You have to be to keep this gimmick going for 14 years in fairness.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 11:35 AM

It was a different guy for a while though wasnt it? I seem to remember a distinct change in movement and mannerisms for a while, Jacobs is easy to spot to be fair due to the he moves.

The Royal Rumble when he went apeshit :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2011, 11:37 AM
They had an angle where there was a 'Fake Kane' but it has been Jacobs for most of that time.

Royal Rumble 1998. :bow: Although he goes apeshit on most RR's. Speaking of which, that's only five weeks away or so. :dance:

Flavs
14-12-2011, 11:44 AM
I just got £85 for al my old video's of wrestling on Ebay. Including the Royal Rumble that Big John Stud won way back in the day

Oldskool :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2011, 11:57 AM

so true

Flavs
14-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I just got £85 for al my old video's of wrestling on Ebay. Including the Royal Rumble that Big John Stud won way back in the day

Oldskool :bow:

Just remembered, this was the year that Demolition were 1 and 2 and stated unloading on each other, then Andre was number 3 and everyone just kicked the fuck out of him :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Edge should have got the award that Cena And rock one, proper dumb.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Edge should have got the award that Cena And rock one, proper dumb.

:blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2011, 03:03 PM
:blink:

?

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Just seen the return of Kane Alwsome btw, but are wer suppose to believe Henry would be scared because he has the mask on.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2011, 03:08 PM
He's not going to want to take Kane on so soon after the Big Show maimed his ankle especially ahead of Sunday. Also, Cena could eat the chokeslam as he doesn't have anything on at TLC either.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2011, 03:19 PM
True, i guess.

Good too see kane, now for the UT to return lol, so pople can stop saying he is kane.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 03:19 PM
?

Never mind love, back on your head

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Its Strange Cena not having a match at TLC or not even being there, he must be involed somehow, maybe a full heel turn.

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 03:58 PM
THE RETURN of a masked Kane was the highlight of the WWE's 2011 Slammy Awards.

The Big Red Machine — who has been absent from WWE for five months and without his mask for eight-and-a-half years — returned on the Raw show, Chokeslamming John Cena in the process.

Joining Kane in making comebacks on the programme were new road agent Road Dogg Jesse James, Rey Mysterio and Christian. Popular former Diva Lita and Tony Atlas also made appearances.

The show was good in places, although we could have done without some of the attempts at 'comedy' and the now almost-weekly humiliation of Jim Ross.

Among the highlights of the awards presented on the night were ones for the Mark Henry/Big Show ring collapse, Triple H Tombstoning The Undertaker, Kelly Kelly winning the Divas title and The Rock's triumphant return to the WWE.

CM Punk was named Superstar of the Year.

Perhaps nowhere near the level of popularity they achieved in their prime, The Slammy Awards are a fun addition to WWE programming for many fans.

And as for Kane's mask coming back, well that will become clearer at WrestleMania time when the WWE are planning an indoor-mask wearing Guinness World record attempt.

Now that we've got to see...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4000538/Look-whos-back-with-a-slam.html

:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah they were planning Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara (and give out masks to the crowd) but given both are out long term injured, that went a bit tits up. I personally think they were going to bring Kane back with the mask anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-12-2011, 05:44 PM
When Kane goes to chokeslam Cena

what does Lawler say, is it "who's this" or "Whats This"

GP
16-12-2011, 06:27 PM

The best around tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2011, 08:19 PM
When Kane goes to chokeslam Cena

what does Lawler say, is it "who's this" or "Whats This"

"Sell this" probably, knowing Cena.

GP
16-12-2011, 08:42 PM

He could sell ice to eskimos.

Cripps_orig
19-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Just read the TLC results

Daniel Bryan cashes in his MITB clause and becomes champion pinning The Big Show who had beaten Mark Henry but was then attacked post match by Henry. Henry wasnt meant to lose the title but he has an injury. CM Punk is still the champ in the best match of the night.
Orton beat Barrett. HHH beat Nash. Not sure what storyline Nash will be involved in now. Zack Ryder is the new US champion which probably means Ziggler is going on to bigger and better things. No sign of Cena or Kane although i just skimmed through the results and didnt actually read what happened in each match.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Just read the TLC results

Daniel Bryan cashes in his MITB clause and becomes champion pinning The Big Show who had beaten Mark Henry but was then attacked post match by Henry. Henry wasnt meant to lose the title but he has an injury. CM Punk is still the champ in the best match of the night.
Orton beat Barrett. HHH beat Nash. Not sure what storyline Nash will be involved in now. Zack Ryder is the new US champion which probably means Ziggler is going on to bigger and better things. No sign of Cena or Kane although i just skimmed through the results and didnt actually read what happened in each match.

TLC was amazing, for once i thought i got value for money. I thought a ppv without cena would suffer but it was the opposite tbh. everyone was brilliant.

Cripps_orig
20-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Watched Raw

Kane and Cena story line for the next few weeks then? Nothing more than a time filler imo.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Eddie and Vicky's daughter has joined the wwe.

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/shaul-marie-guerrero-wwe-pictures/

Quite fit tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Watched Raw

Kane and Cena story line for the next few weeks then? Nothing more than a time filler imo.

Cole needs to feck off or STFU tbh.

Rors
21-12-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Best-of-The-King-of-the-Ring-DVD-3-Discs.html

Missed opportunity this one, spread a bit thin. And why no Owen - Waltman from KOTR '94? Despite only being given 3 minutes (nice one Patterson), that match rocked bells.

Marc Overmars
21-12-2011, 06:28 PM
King of the Ring. :bow:

Great PPV, shame they scrapped it.

First one I watched was 96, arguably the start of the epic era that followed.

Cripps_orig
21-12-2011, 07:54 PM
1994 is the best ive seen

Owen :bow:

Cripps_orig
28-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Just watched Raw

Dolph Ziggler :bow:

Rors
02-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Tonight..we find out. :popcorn:

Ernesto
02-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Tonight..we find out. :popcorn:

Ooh, elaboration, please!

Is this to do with them teaser videos that have been intersperesed in recent Smackdown/Raw shows?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah. General consensus was that it would be Jericho but now what with Brock Lesnar losing his UFC match and subsequent retirement that has been thrown in to some doubt.

If it turns out to be Vince, I am going to kill someone.

Cripps_orig
02-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Probably Brodus Clay

McNamara That Ghost...
02-01-2012, 08:31 PM
That'd be horrible. Especially as he has been mentioned on TV at least once a week.

Cripps_orig
02-01-2012, 09:48 PM
I havent really been paying that much attention to these videos so i genuinely have no idea who it could be.

I hope its someone good

McNamara That Ghost...
02-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Videos like that always strike me like they're set up to be a red herring.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Or not in this case. :lol:

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Just watched it

:lol:

Rors
03-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Well that was bloody brilliant. For those who don't know, it was indeed Jericho making his return. He did nothing but play the crowd, yell "come on baby" a few times, get the crowd to partake in those 'who's the loudest side?' challenges and few very entertaining laps of honour. He then retreated to the back with a smirk on his face without actually saying a word. The fact so many comments online- but not the ones here! - seem to be calling it 'lame', 'boring', 'pointless', and 'cheesy' misread the situation completely. It was supposed to be 'lame', 'boring', 'pointless', and 'cheesy'. He was parodying the cliche/cliched behaviour of the Returning Babyface and how people will cheer without questioning why - thrown into even sharper focus by the fact he was a Grade 'A' heel when he left! I'd even wager that the vignettes were intentionally over-the-top pieces as well.Considering Jericho booked the HBK and Rey feuds himself - in conjunction with the two of them respectively as appropriate - he has shown in the past he has a real mind for the business, I have no doubt all of this is his own idea. Not sure where this is going to go next, and that's how it should be. Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcUazK6OrmM

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Think we have our Royal Rumble winner sewn up

Rors
03-01-2012, 09:51 PM
"Since he's back yes @IAmJericho did come back and train with me at SWA. We spent a couple days in the ring including a 17 min match #norust" - Lance Storm. If he can be serious for a minute...

McNamara That Ghost...
03-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Well if he is coming back for a charisma lacking stint, Lance Storm is who you would go to...

Olivier's xmas twist
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Masked kane is getting boring already, only good thing from war was Y2j and CM punk with Lanrenguitus

KSE Comedy Club
06-01-2012, 11:52 AM
I thought Y2J's return was pretty shite tbh.

Cliche or not, its just another lame angle/storyline. I also dont like his short hair, he was my favourite wrestler when he first appeared with his rockstar long hair and then that big beard!

Flavs
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Isnt it all a bit wank and predictable, totally recycled and cliched to hell though?

I watched a fair bit over the holidays and was shocked at how poor it had become. Also watched the top 50 superstars which was gay and "stars of WWE 2000-2010" which was quite good except Cena was on it and i fooking hate him

Rors
06-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I thought Y2J's return was pretty shite tbh.

Cliche or not, its just another lame angle/storyline. I also dont like his short hair, he was my favourite wrestler when he first appeared with his rockstar long hair and then that big beard!

Well, we don't know what the storyline IS yet, so we can't really call it lame at this point...

Olivier's xmas twist
07-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Just seen SD, Daniel Bryan now a heel wtf.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
He's not quite a heel yet. It might be that Big Show turns, they're keeping it open.

Mark Henry was great as the guest commentator. :lol: Mainly telling Michael Cole to shut up and stop asking stupid questions.

GP
07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
He's not quite a heel yet. It might be that Big Show turns, they're keeping it open.

Mark Henry was great as the guest commentator. :lol: Mainly telling Michael Cole to shut up and stop asking stupid questions.

Someone needed to.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-01-2012, 02:57 PM

Agree he was Alwsome

Rors
08-01-2012, 01:37 PM
HulkHogan Hulk Hogan
My FIT KIT is on the kitchen table,it looks like a weapon of mass destruction but it's really a weapon of mass construction for gettingfitHH

There are no words...

Olivier's xmas twist
09-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Raw should be good in the morning, good to see what his return is all about.

KSE Comedy Club
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM

I fucking hate Michael Cole.

He gets given far too much air time.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I fucking hate Michael Cole.

He gets given far too much air time.

agree, wish he'd stick to one show too.

Cripps_orig
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
He makes me laugh tbh

Just watched Raw

Jericho :bow:

Cripps_orig
10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh and also

Brodus Clay :blink:

Wtf?

KSE Comedy Club
11-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh and also

Brodus Clay :blink:

Wtf?

Really wasnt expecting that!?!

I thought Jericho's bit sucked arse.

I know its part of his return story but Im already bored of it.

Looks like he's gonna be a heel again.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Funkasaurus. :lol:

It's like he has been given the Dusty Rhodes role.

Jericho is going to be heel from now until the end of his career probably. Cena/Kane/Ryder has somehow found its way to the main event of RAW, whereas Punk/Ziggler/Big Johnny is somehow in the mid-card.

Rors
11-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Funkasaurus. :lol:

It's like he has been given the Dusty Rhodes role.

The vignettes with him shovelling horse manure, delivering pizzas and working in a butcher's* can't be too far away.

* Direct quote from that one. "You can beat my prices, but you can't beat my meat". Think we can safely say Vinny was in full-on 'rib' mode there...

Rors
11-01-2012, 07:03 PM
@EBischoff
Eric Bischoff
Have some BHE TV business in London the week before our tapings there. Looks like 10 days in London is on my itinerary!

Please bump into Heyman when waiting for a tube train, please bump into Heyman when waiting for a tube train, please bump into Heyman when waiting for a tube train. :pray: :popcorn:

Cripps_orig
11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Really wasnt expecting that!?!

I thought Jericho's bit sucked arse.

I know its part of his return story but Im already bored of it.

Looks like he's gonna be a heel again.

Not expecting that at all from Clay. The way he was before, the way he was built up by Ace every week. Someones got to be taking the piss surely? This gimmick will die quicker than an Arsenal title challenge after 2006

As for Jericho, loved it last week. Annoyed this week. Wanted to hear what he had to say. Mainly because my Skys geting cut off on the 28th (a day before RR, an event i was thinking of ordering :() and i want to see more of this Jericho storyline before its gone

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2012, 10:39 PM
The vignettes with him shovelling horse manure, delivering pizzas and working in a butcher's* can't be too far away.

* Direct quote from that one. "You can beat my prices, but you can't beat my meat". Think we can safely say Vinny was in full-on 'rib' mode there...

Vince. :haha: That's what you get for being the competition.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Not expecting that at all from Clay. The way he was before, the way he was built up by Ace every week. Someones got to be taking the piss surely? This gimmick will die quicker than an Arsenal title challenge after 2006

As for Jericho, loved it last week. Annoyed this week. Wanted to hear what he had to say. Mainly because my Skys geting cut off on the 28th (a day before RR, an event i was thinking of ordering :() and i want to see more of this Jericho storyline before its gone

RAW is usually uploaded on to Youtube in multiple parts soon after the programme is shown - the afternoon of the same day usually. I have many clips favourited from RAW this year that are still there now!

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 05:35 PM
RAW is usually uploaded on to Youtube in multiple parts soon after the programme is shown - the afternoon of the same day usually. I have many clips favourited from RAW this year that are still there now!

Thats how i watch raw these days.

Rors
17-01-2012, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJWYNtG62I4

6:00 - 6:49 :bow: :haha:

Cripps_orig
17-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Just watched Raw

McNamara That Ghost...
17-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Jeritroll. :bow:

Punk's 'shoot' on Big Johnny. :bow:

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Actor Liam Neeson was asked during the press junket for The Grey about a rumor that he's in talks to portray Vince McMahon in the upcoming Chris Benoit biopic Crossface.

The Grey director Joe Carnahan answered first, telling Neeson, "I can't see you doing that dude." Neeson added, "No, I never heard of [the movie]."

Neeson added that he has no interest in the role, largely because he knows very little about the WWE CEO, almost nothing about Benoit, and is not a fan of professional wrestling.

Crossface was announced last month. Casting is underway and production is set to begin this fall.

http://www.rajah.com/base/node/25784

:popcorn:

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Evan Bourne suspended for 2 months/60 days for his 2nd violation of the wellness program :doh:

What an idiot he is

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Just watched Raw

:gp:

Flavs
18-01-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJWYNtG62I4

6:00 - 6:49 :bow: :haha:

Cripps_orig
24-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Just watched Raw

It was alright i guess

Royal Rumble on Sunday

Predictions? Im going for Jericho

McNamara That Ghost...
24-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah I think it might be. Although if not, then Orton.

Rors
24-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I see Jericho getting number 3, doing 3minutes of babyface-stuff until (and during) Miz and whoever number 2 is eliminate each other..
Orton to win it though...

Cripps_orig
24-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Any chance of seeing Undertaker?

Has he been seen since last WM?

I dont watch Smackdown.

Rors
24-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Any chance of seeing Undertaker?

Has he been seen since last WM?

I dont watch Smackdown.

He'll be back soon enough, that's for certain...

Cripps_orig
26-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Apparently there will be a big twist at RR in the actual 30 man battle royal.

Not sure what the twist is but could be something to do with the unique stipulation in place where "every superstar is eligible" :popcorn:

Might stream this. Not seen a RR for some time. I assume the 2 title matches and Cena v Kane will be up first before the main event? Dont care about those.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah with that stipulation it must mean the Royal Rumble is last, always better when it is.

Rors
26-01-2012, 09:26 PM
RR should always be last. '96-'98 it wasn't, and in '06 both title matches went after it!

--

Interesting discussion here (as there always is on the Scott Keith pages) about possible surprise entrants:
http://www.rspwfaq.com/2012/01/25/rumble-surprise-entrants/

I think we will mainly be talking people who are already on the payroll, so the likes of Road Dogg, Simmons, IRS, Malenko, Steamboat, Duggan ( :doh: ) could well feature. I don't reckon will we see a 'big name' - a la a Lesnar or Dave ( :doh: ) unless they are planning on sticking around for a while afterwards. One suggestion did crack me up in particular:

Early on in the RR, Santino is in there....alone, after eliminating 2 or 3 lower card guys (Tyson Kidd, JTG, etc.). Screaming NOBODY CAN BEAT THE COBRA after each one.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BUZZ..............Enter Jake Roberts.

:haha: Jake would only agree to that if he answered the phone to Vince while completely blooter...oh, right.

Rors
26-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Papa Shango would be fantastic. In fact, let him do the Mic Foley thing,. "It's Papa Shango." "Now it's The Godfather." "Now it's The Goodfather." "What is Kama The Supreme Fighting Maching doing out here?" "Is that Kama Mustafa??

Cripps_orig
26-01-2012, 10:15 PM
My outside bet with good odds at 50,000,000/1 is the Rock winning the RR, Cena winning the title sometime soon, maybe at the next event and their match at WM being for the WWE title