PDA

View Full Version : WWE Thread.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

McNamara That Ghost...
26-01-2012, 10:24 PM
RR should always be last. '96-'98 it wasn't, and in '06 both title matches went after it!

--

Interesting discussion here (as there always is on the Scott Keith pages) about possible surprise entrants:
http://www.rspwfaq.com/2012/01/25/rumble-surprise-entrants/

I think we will mainly be talking people who are already on the payroll, so the likes of Road Dogg, Simmons, IRS, Malenko, Steamboat, Duggan ( :doh: ) could well feature. I don't reckon will we see a 'big name' - a la a Lesnar or Dave ( :doh: ) unless they are planning on sticking around for a while afterwards. One suggestion did crack me up in particular:

:haha: Jake would only agree to that if he answered the phone to Vince while completely blooter...oh, right.

Could they really risk Jake? :lol: Although he might get to put the snake on Lawler again. :bow:

Rors
27-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Could they really risk Jake? :lol: Although he might get to put the snake on Lawler again. :bow:

Revelations :bow:

Cripps_orig
29-01-2012, 02:04 AM
You’re the first man in to Sunday’s 30-man Royal Rumble. Big task, no?
Yes it is a big task, thanks for reminding me. But I see it as ‘yeah, I’m no.1, now I can break a record’. And the record I want to break is not only being the longest entrant in a Rumble ever – and winning – but also throwing 29 other people over the top rope. No one has ever done that before, and I plan on doing that this Sunday.

You weren’t involved in the Rumble last year as you were fighting Randy Orton. Do you think you’re out of practice?
No, the Rumble is basically stamina. It’s also using your brain. When Big Show or the other big guys come in, stay in the corner, duck down, and don’t do anything. When their back is turned, you throw them over. That’s the object of the Rumble; to be as sneaky and devious as possible. Make friends for a little bit and then throw that friend over the top rope.

You’ve had a few issues keeping tag partners. Why do you think that is?
I’ve had the issues?! Or they’ve had the issues?! I have brought my tag partners up to my level. Out of the goodness of my heart I’ve brought up Alex Riley, the Big Show, John Morrison and R-Truth, and what to they do? Let me down by not coming up to my level. They try to bring me down and I don’t like it, so I get rid of them!

If you had to face anyone at Wrestlemania, past or present, dead or alive, who would it be?
LeBron James. I’m from Cleveland, Ohio. LeBron said he was going to bring an NBA Championship to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Cleveland suck at most sports, but finally we had this basketball savior, and what does he do? Backstabs us and goes to Miami Heat! Miami is where Wrestlemania will be, so I’d like to face him.

What’s the best thing you’ve ever received from a fan?
God, I’ve received letters, underwear, sports cards of me, posters. There’s this one piece of artwork this guy sent me which must have taken him months, and it’s this huge poster of Pro Wrestling Illustrated rating me as No.1. That was a huge feat for me because these were the people who were saying I sucked and that I should be fired, and they ranked me No.1 out of 500. That’s kind of a nice thing and someone painted that cool thing for me.

You came in to WWE through Tough Enough (wrestling X Factor) - what was the biggest challenge?
Being categorised as a reality star. WWE is like a fraternity. If you’re an outsider they don’t want you, and they didn’t want me. Whether it was in the locker room or out in the audience, they hated me because I was a reality star, but through hard work I think I’ve built enough of a repertoire where people realise I’m here to stay.

Who thought of your jazzy old ring attire?
My first outfit I actually did myself. I painted it and did all the artwork on my own. Then I got a seamstress and she took my ideas and made it what it was. I just wanted to be the most annoying person possible and I think I succeeded at it.

Who would win a fight between a brown bear and a polar bear?
Brown bear. It’s grizzly, it’s rugged and there are more of them!

Who’s your favourite sports star of all time?
Football, Dan Marino. Baseball was Jose Canseco. Now my favourite sports star would have to be The Miz, because he is incredible.

If you could reach the top of any other sport what would it be?
I’m at the sport where I want to be the top at, but I guess if I had to choose another one it would be football. American, not your soccer!

Did you choose your own entrance music?
Yeah, there was a bunch of options. There was rapping that sounded like bad Run DMC. Then there was bad Kid Rock, then finally they got Down State to do ‘I Came To Play’ and it was perfect.

What’s The Miz listening to at the moment?
Favourite band of all time is a native from England – Def Leppard. Lately though, I’ve been listening to Volbeat.

Volbeat? Never heard of them!
You will!

Who’s your biggest idol in the WWE of all-time?
The Miz.

I walked into that one! A close second?
When I watch his matches now I go ‘oh those were disgusting’, but growing up it had to be Ultimate Warrior. I used to put streamers on my arms as a kid, run around with his make-up on me driving my mum nuts. Then in the Attitude era it had to be The Rock.
If John Cena can be seen as the face of WWE, CM Punk the voice, The Rock as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, what are you?
The most must-see WWE Champion of all time. They can all be the face, or the voice, but if you’re not seen then it doesn’t really matter.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/888715-the-miz-targets-royal-rumble-record-and-calls-out-lebron-james#ixzz1koCgGVO7

Miz :bow:

Rors
29-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Six hours to go...

--

Hogan will be on Pienaar's Politics on Fivelive this hour. I give up...

Rors
29-01-2012, 07:05 PM
That'll be Terry's second Fivelive appearance in five months. He showed up on Richard Bacon's show during the riots, on which he gave us the following pearl:

"I tell you brother, I am thinking about getting on a plane, coming to London, and dropping the leg on all of them brother!"

What a mark. :lol:

Rors
29-01-2012, 07:06 PM
He supports the benefits cap :haha:

Rors
29-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Here he comes...

Rors
29-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when Mike bleedin' Tenay makes an appearance on a Fivelive Politics programme.. :haha:

Cripps_orig
29-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Is it possible to order stuff on Sky Box Office even though you have cancelled Sky?

Olivier's xmas twist
29-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Just finsished watching SD, shame they made Riley a jobber tbh. Me thinks it will be between Orton/Miz/Jerico/ Barret/ undertaker who will win the rumble.

expect del rio to make a comeback too

Cripps_orig
29-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Just finsished watching SD, shame they made Riley a jobber tbh. Me thinks it will be between Orton/Miz/Jerico/ Barret/ undertaker who will win the rumble.

expect del rio to make a comeback tooDel Rio is still injured i think

Olivier's xmas twist
29-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Is it possible to order stuff on Sky Box Office even though you have cancelled Sky?

Yes you can still order espn if you cancel sky. its like renting a movie or watching playboy channel.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-01-2012, 09:48 PM
He supports the benefits cap :haha:

I knew he'd be a Tory, brother.

Who do we reckon will be the 'nostalgia' entries? I've read that Road Warrior Animal was supposed to be there but a 'deal' couldn't be agreed. And Hacksaw Jim Duggan pulled out of an independent appearance.

Rors
29-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I knew he'd be a Tory, brother.

Who do we reckon will be the 'nostalgia' entries? I've read that Road Warrior Animal was supposed to be there but a 'deal' couldn't be agreed. And Hacksaw Jim Duggan pulled out of an independent appearance.

If those spoilers are to be believed...then hold me back :lol:

Terry Tebbit :bow:

Cripps_orig
29-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Anyone streaming this?

Links will do nicely

McNamara That Ghost...
29-01-2012, 11:07 PM
If those spoilers are to be believed...then hold me back :lol:

Terry Tebbit :bow:

It's not great.

And Cripps, I usually try anything on firstrow.tv. It has been flawless for football (granted you sometimes need to wait for the ads to close or press x on them).

Cripps_orig
29-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Il try that :good:

If i do get a stream, can we post about it on here whilst RR is going on? Or do we use the spoiler tag?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-01-2012, 11:14 PM
We can post general things about the matches, I mean we know what the matches are and we probably have a good idea of the Royal Rumble participants. I'd say spoilers for results though, obviously.

Marc Overmars
29-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Always the best time for WWE starting with the RR and then the road to WM. :popcorn:

Cripps_orig
29-01-2012, 11:24 PM
RR is the best event

If Survivor Series ever went back to only elimination matches as the first few years, that'd be good

Olivier's xmas twist
29-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Anyone streaming this?

Links will do nicely

http://atdhe1.net/

Cripps_orig
29-01-2012, 11:37 PM
http://atdhe1.net/Thats the one i usually use for football/wrestling but couldnt remember its name :lol:

Dont care about the title matches too much so i have til half 2 to get a good stream?

Oh and how long til entrants join the RR?

Should go back to 2 minutes

McNamara That Ghost...
29-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Royal Rumble. :bow:

And especially now it is back to the usual 30. :scarf:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Thats the one i usually use for football/wrestling but couldnt remember its name :lol:

Dont care about the title matches too much so i have til half 2 to get a good stream?

Oh and how long til entrants join the RR?

Should go back to 2 minutes

Justin TV is another 1 loads od streams on there

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Smackdown title match up first

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Bryan won. Divas match next. Beths team won.

Cena v Kane next

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Well that was shit. Pretty much what we see on Raw every week. Didnt further the storyline/feud at all

Think its Punk v Ziggler next

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Ok maybe not

Drew McIntyre v Brodus Clay

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 02:18 AM
No idea who won that as the stream died :lol:

Good match to die on tbh

Punk v Ziggler now

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Punk won. Hardly any incident with Laurinitis. Nothing worth mentioning anyway. Another let down.

Time for the main event

McNamara That Ghost...
30-01-2012, 02:43 AM
The Royal Rumble match. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-01-2012, 02:45 AM
We already know Miz is #1. Who 'drew' No.2? :popcorn:

I'm having a guess at R-Truth.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-01-2012, 02:50 AM
Ah he was my second idea. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Off to enjoy this, I'll be back at the full time result. :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Wow. Very surprised by the winner. Great Rumble though.

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Yup surprising winner indeed. Miz lasted around 45 mins, Cody around 43. Rors was right about Hacksaw and Road Dogg :lol: Stream crashed so i missed Kofi walking on his hands to avoid elimination. Got the expected comedy moments with Santino, Mick Foley, all 3 announcers although not at the same time which is a shame as that would have been funny. My pick was the runner up. Think Jericho might still have a title shot at WM if Seamus goes for Daniel Bryan. Jericho v Punk would and probably should steal the show at WM as Punk claims hes the best wrestler in the world and Jericho used to claim hes the best in the world at what he does. The matches were a disappointment but the rumble itself was great fun. Thankfully the last 15/20 mins, the stream didnt die on me so i could see the end. On we go to Raw tomorrow night

Olivier's xmas twist
30-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Just seem the rumble, happy for the winner he deserved it, was not bothered by the 2 title matches tbh. But gald of the outcome of the wwe title match.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Kofi Kingston :bow: :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-01-2012, 12:37 PM
That was great, probably a better spot than John Morrison's last year.

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Just saw it on Youtube.

Impressive

Rors
30-01-2012, 05:28 PM
That was awesome. Push Kofi. Now.

Rors
30-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Not sure where this leaves Jericho now though. So the end of the world was nigh according to last week on RAW, but then he just enters the rumble as normal and then gets eliminated. Time for a big promo I think to sort all this out

McNamara That Ghost...
30-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I wonder if he and Kharma are linked. Then again, WrestleMania isn't until April so it could take a long, long time for the videos to even slightly be explained.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Not sure where this leaves Jericho now though. So the end of the world was nigh according to last week on RAW, but then he just enters the rumble as normal and then gets eliminated. Time for a big promo I think to sort all this out

He will be in the chamber match at elimination chamber for the wwe title with a few others you'd feel.

KESSLER
30-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Kurt Angle taking on Lawro in his predictions :lol:

Rors
30-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Trying to watch 'The Wrestler' on FilmFour. Doubt I'll last too long, just made mention of bout in 1988 against...erm.. "Mr.Magnificent"

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Havent you seen it before?

Rors
30-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Havent you seen it before?
Nope.

Rors
30-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Blimey, both Amish Roadkill and Necro Butcher are in it.

Marc Overmars
30-01-2012, 09:37 PM
The Wrestler is a great film Rors! Stick with it.

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Surprised.

But yeah its a good film.

Rors
30-01-2012, 10:33 PM
R-Truth eh?

Cripps_orig
30-01-2012, 10:42 PM
R-Truth :bow:

Rors
30-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Well there you are then. Not a massive amount in there that was 'about' wrestling, but it handled the parts that involved it pretty accurately - which is rare! A well-handled and acted 'riches'-to-rags tale, not bad at all. Now if only the Blue Meanie wasn't in it....

Rors
31-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Thought he looked familiar, 'The Ayatollah' was played by none other than Ernest 'The Cat' Miller! "Owww!"

Rors
31-01-2012, 06:41 PM
It begins... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dDITIxAio8

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Thought he looked familiar, 'The Ayatollah' was played by none other than Ernest 'The Cat' Miller! "Owww!"

He can't happy with Brodus.

Also,Taker :bow: although that was surely a wig?

Rors
31-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Clearly a syrup :haha: "You're as bald as a plucked chicken man!"

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2012, 09:12 PM
:haha:

Cripps_orig
31-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Just watched Raw on Youtube

Cant wait for next weeks edition

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I guess Im the only one who gets bored of Takers constant 'returns'.

And with such a predictable storyline. I was just waiting for the 'you, me, wrestlemania' comment.

Except he did it with his eyes instead. Fortunately Triple H told him politely to fuck off.

How long that will last for I dont know but for now, at least we dont have to listen to John Larangitis next time.

Marc Overmars
01-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Hopefully Triple H ends the streak this time, if anyone should, it's got to be him.

Does Undertaker only show up for WM now then?

GP
01-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Hopefully Triple H ends the streak this time, if anyone should, it's got to be him.

Well it takes him all year to get down to the ring.

Worst entrance ever.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2012, 10:53 AM

It's all his body can take, probably. Shame he isn't coming to the ring with Ain't No Grave again though.

Also, http://i.imgur.com/KWyXG.gif

:bow:

Flavs
01-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Well it takes him all year to get down to the ring.

Worst entrance ever.

he's also fat

and ginger

and a bit shit

and fat

Marc Overmars
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm surprised he's only 46 as well.

Flavs
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised he's only 46 as well.

46 in the same way Kanu is 40...

Olivier's xmas twist
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
He will be in the chamber match at elimination chamber for the wwe title with a few others you'd feel.

:bow: ME

Olivier's xmas twist
01-02-2012, 03:16 PM
R-Truth :bow:

Use ta is the rooster for brewster :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I guess Im the only one who gets bored of Takers constant 'returns'.

And with such a predictable storyline. I was just waiting for the 'you, me, wrestlemania' comment.

Except he did it with his eyes instead. Fortunately Triple H told him politely to fuck off.

How long that will last for I dont know but for now, at least we dont have to listen to John Larangitis next time.

Yes we do he was not sacked yet.

Rors
03-02-2012, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrs5Ez2uUOo :lol: Plenty of comedy in that one. Nash being Nash, and even if you didn't listen to a single word of the interview itself you'd crack up at who was hosting it and who his guest was*

*Sadly we don't get "Eric Bischoff is full of shit" from Heyman here, had to wait 12years for that one.

Cripps_orig
03-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Former WWE superstar John Morrison, who is now competing as John Hennigan, spoke to the UK's SportsVibe to promote his upcoming appearance at the WWFX wrestling show in Manilla, Phillapines. Here are some highlights of what Hennigan said about:

The MNM Tag Team: "What I loved about MNM was that it was our idea, us being Melina, Mercury, and myself. We were MNM in OVW (developmental wrestling) for a year before we were brought up to Smackdown. MNM was the first time I really felt at home in wrestling."

His Favorite WWE Moment: "Some of my favorite moments are my debut match, MNM vs. Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, and beating Sheamus to become the number 1 contender at TLC 2011. To be honest with you thinking about it, some of my favourite moments are from matches that I lost - losing the ECW championship to CM Punk in August 2007 plus Falls count anywhere versus Miz; MNM vs. the Hardy's, Morrison vs. Ziggler any given night of the last Europe tour; the infamous Limo explosion on Z True Island story."

Why He Left WWE: "I was starting to accumulate injuries faster than they were healing… neck surgery, and a lot of nagging injuries; shoulder, knee, ankle- I decided that time off is my best option. I’m working on elevating every part of my game during the time I have off, physical in ring stuff and mic work."

Vince McMahon As A Boss: "Vince is a perfectionist, a work-a-holic, and a micro-manager. He expects everyone to work as hard as he does, and he really does work like a mad man. He cares very much about his business, and you have to respect that about him. If I had to pick out any one flaw, I’d say that I think it would behoove him to delegate more. Give power to others in the organization for longer periods of time without allowing them to be undermined."

Sounds to me like he'll be back

Rors
04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Phillapines :doh:

----

Watching SD at the moment. Orton's "dazed" sell really is rubbish :lol:

Rors
04-02-2012, 11:59 AM
That was disappointingly one-sided. I'm still not absolutely sold on Barrett (quoting lyrics from 'the Holy Bible' on Twitter or not :lol: ),but he was treated as a bit of a punk in that one which doesn't help...

Cripps_orig
06-02-2012, 01:32 AM
WHATCHA gonna do, SunSportManiacs, when the world's No1 wrestling podcast and Hulkamania combine, brother?

The Immortal Hulk Hogan visited Sun HQ on the eve of TNA Wrestling's historic UK Tour to talk to WrestleCast's JOEL ROSS and ROB McNICHOL on all manner of topics.

Foremost in the Hulkster's mind was just how important in TNA's history the first ever TV tapings at Wembley Arena were.

Hogan told us: "Being with TNA for a couple of years, and I'm not just saying this because I'm here in the UK, it's actually the biggest day for this company.

"It's an historic venue. Some of the greatest things in the wrestling business have happened in this country. The fans know what wrestling is all about. They are the greatest fans in the world."

TNA's tour was their best selling in the country to date and tickets are already on sale for next January's return visit from www.gigsandtours.com/tna2013. Appropriately, Hogan singled out a British TNA star for praise.

Talking about Nick Aldis, aka Magnus, Hulk said: "Nick's got something. He's really come on in the last month with Samoa Joe, since they teamed up. I've watched him before but he didn't really poke his head up.

"But all of a sudden, with the Joe thing, he started talking with Joe. Joe came at him like a tough guy and Magnus stood up to him and said 'I'll take care of my s**t, you take care of yours'.

"It showed that little bit of fire that I hadn't seen. Then in the ring, he was really aggressive. I think there is something there.

"We definitely need to pay a lot of attention to him. He definitely, without a push and without any help, he is starting to shine through."

You can listen to our exclusive interview in full and for free by clicking on one of the links below. Subscribe via iTunes or listen on your PC.

To get you in the mood for the full 45-minute interview, here are some more of Hogan's best bits:

ON CREATIVE CONTROL AND VINCE RUSSO: "People say 'Hogan, you have this creative control clause?' and I say 'yeah, but the only time I've ever exercised it in 30 years is when Vince Russo screwed me'. And it didn't even help then! I got screwed and couldn't do anything about it!

"Nowadays, we have a working relationship. I would have bet my bottom dollar that we wouldn't work together again. There was a point in time where if I was to go to TNA it was him or me. The truth is Eric Bischoff sold me on it. Eric had met with Vince and explained to me how things were different and we should sit down to talk."

ON ULTIMATE WARRIOR: "What is the Warrior doing? What has this guy been saying? I've never approached him for sex. I can't speak for my ex-wife!

"We had a guest house, he stayed in it. We worked in my gym, he hung out in the pool all day with my kids, he was super nice to family. There was nothing but respect.

"All the insane, crazy stuff he is saying is nuts. Now even the most hardcore Warrior fans know he's a goof. His cover's gone now, he's so far out of line everybody just knows he is an idiot. He has no credibility. It's sad."

ON NOT LOSING TO MICHAELS IN THE WWE: "The WWE is Vince's show, and when we went to the dressing room, Vince came in and said 'I want Hogan to go over'.

"Those were Vince's wishes. When Vince wanted Shawn to do the job, we went out and had the match, and everybody said 'Shawn oversold and he was making fun of you' and this, that and the other.

"I can look at it and see why people may say that. If Shawn was really doing that, you'd have to ask him. He's done it several times, not just with me. The reason the feud then didn't go any longer was because I shut it down.

"The next day, on the interview, I was expecting to return the favour. You beat me now I beat you and get the third one and keep it going, because he was such a great worker I thought we were going to have a great run.

"It could be my fault, maybe I had my feelings too much involved, but I thought his interview was going to be, 'You know what, I gotta give it to Hogan. He was better than me on that one night. But it will never happen again. I'm faster than him, but just at that moment the crowd were with him and he had the momentum, but it will never happen again'.

"I thought that was going to be the interview. I thought it was going to be a business interview but he came out and (sarcastically) went 'ooh, he was too fast, he was too young, he had too much hair' and I went 'ugh, I'm out'. I said to Vince 'Your boy... it's business'.

"It wasn't a creative control thing. I just said 'if it's going to be a clown show from this point on then I don't want to be out there'. I thought this guy wanted to dig and draw some money.

"I've been around Shawn since then and there is not that attitude at all. We've talked on the phone and hung out together and stuff. That piece of business is behind us."

ON BRET HART AND MONTREAL: "I still don't understand what happened with Shawn and Bret. It was a shoot. Everything's a shoot with Bret. He's in a business which is a work. But when it comes to him having the belt it's a shoot.

"How come you can't do a job in Canada? So I can't do a job in Florida? Vince asks Bret to drop the belt but he won't do it? It's Vince's business.

"I don't understand him not putting Shawn over. It's fake wrestling! It's acting! If it was a competitive sport, Andre the Giant would probably never have been beat and Kurt Angle would probably be the champion now. It sure wouldn't be Bret Hart or Hulk Hogan."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4107308/Hulk-Hogan-news-Hogan-on-Bret-Hart-Ultimate-Warrior-Shawn-Michaels-and-TNAs-UK-tour.html

Hulkster :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-02-2012, 09:24 AM
That was disappointingly one-sided. I'm still not absolutely sold on Barrett (quoting lyrics from 'the Holy Bible' on Twitter or not :lol: ),but he was treated as a bit of a punk in that one which doesn't help...

You can't have a feud without Ortion eventually going over. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
R-Truth was injured on RAW, unsurprisingly. :sick:

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
I havent watched Raw yet and not read Maccy spoilers but i assume this will be on Youtube again like last week?

Marc Overmars
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Dusted off my old WM 15 VHS last night. Great event that was.

Undertaker hanging Big Boss Man. :yikes:

The Ministry of Darkness. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah it will, I imagine. The spoiler isn't about anything major, thought I'd leave that out completely until you and others have seen it.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM

That was my first ever DVD. :lol:

The Ministry of Darkness theme was great.

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Just watched it.

Jericho and Punk :bow:

R-Truth is ok. Nothing serious. John Laurinaitis's fate has been decided this morning.....he stays unsurprisingly. No Cena at Raw though which was surprising. HHH v Undertaker will happen no doubt even though HHH refused but it'll be interesting to see how we get to it and with Shawn Michaels due next week, we'll hear more on it.

A decent show.

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 03:28 PM
- After Monday's RAW from Oklahoma City went off the air, John Cena wrestled Kane in the scheduled dark match main event. The crowd was very hot, with the "Lets Go Cena" chants drowning out the "Cena Sucks" chants. Cena defeated Kane by disqualification. After the match, John Cena tweeted the following, taking yet another swipe at The Rock:

"Just finished the advertised main event in OKC. Sorry match didn't make RAW..but sometimes..ya just gotta be there. Dwayne u know what im.. Actually...sorry. wrong guy. See you soon movie star." :lol:

:popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
:bow: Punk he is alwsome

So we know who will win the chamber match and who will be facing punk at WM

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Supposedly CM Punk will be the one doing the chasing going in to Wrestlemania. Things can change of course, Orton, Jericho and Cena were all toyed with as Royal Rumble winners but they went with Sheamus but I don't see the point in taking the belt off him only to give it back at Wrestlemania.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Thought as much, can see Barret Winning the smackdown one and losing to Sheamus at WM

Rors
07-02-2012, 07:05 PM
R-Truth was injured on RAW, unsurprisingly. :sick:

Fuck that looked painful... :sick:

Rors
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM

"You got that huh?" :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Fuck that looked painful... :sick:

HHH gave Miz the hairdryer backstage. :lol:

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 07:41 PM
During the Six-Pack Challenge on Monday's Raw SuperShow, R-Truth attempted a slingshot somersault onto The Miz but his fall was not absorbed due to the former WWE Champion being out-of-position. R-Truth ended up falling back-first onto the floor, causing his head to whip back. At that point, the referee decided R-Truth was no longer able to compete and personnel assisted him to the locker room area.

WWE.com has confirmed that R-Truth avoided serious injury after suffering the fall. PWInsider.com reports that the basic outline of the match remained the same but adjustments were made from what was initially planned.

The Miz is being blamed for the errant spot. There was a ton of heat on him from company officials, including Triple H, backstage after the show. The WWE Executive Vice President of Talent "loudly disciplined" The Miz in front of wrestlers as soon as he returned to the back.

Looks like Miz wont be getting a push anytime soon.

I assumed he'd have been involved in the Money In The Bank match at WM and even if he is, he wont be winning that

Rors
07-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Looks like Miz wont be getting a push anytime soon.

I assumed he'd have been involved in the Money In The Bank match at WM and even if he is, he wont be winning that

Even without this happening he'd have very little chance of winning MITB at WM, as this there isn't going to be one. They've got their own PPV for that now..

--

The WWE Executive Vice President of Talent "loudly disciplined" The Miz in front of wrestlers as soon as he returned to the back.
Wonder if he picked up any tips on doing that from when he himself was "loudly disciplined in front of wrestlers" on November 9th 1997..by Julie Hart. "Don't give me that shit!Because you guys knew it!Swear to God all you want to!"

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 10:56 PM
MITB (the PPV) is supposed to have been canned.

Rors
07-02-2012, 10:58 PM
MITB (the PPV) is supposed to have been canned.

Much in the way of confusion about this. I read one list that said it had, and another that said it was still going - but moved - and Bragging Rights 2012 had got the boot. Get a grip Vinny!

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 10:58 PM
No MITB? Did they have one last year? I cant remember.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Much in the way of confusion about this. I read one list that said it had, and another that said it was still going - but moved - and Bragging Rights 2012 had got the boot. Get a grip Vinny!

From what I have seen the 'empty' PPV is in June. Hoping it would be KotR but I doubt it. :(

Rors
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
From what I have seen the 'empty' PPV is in June. Hoping it would be KotR but I doubt it. :(

Burger King crowns on standby? :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2012, 11:12 PM
:lol: Oh dear Bret.

Cripps_orig
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
FINALLY, The Rock is coming back to...The White House?
Have you ever imagined having the chance to tell politicians to "Know your role and shut your mouth"?

Well, it seems that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, not content with conquering the wrestling and acting worlds, is thinking of laying the Smackdown on politics someday.

And who knows what he would do to those jabronies in the US congress?

Johnson, 39, told Moviefone.com that he has aspirations of a political career when the time is right.

He said: "Right now the best way that I can impact the world is through entertainment.

"One day, and that day will come, I can impact the world through politics. The great news is that I am American, therefore I can become President."

Rock would not be the first wrestler to turn to the area of politics. Jesse 'The Body' Ventura became the Governor of Minnesota in 1999 and served one term, while recently Linda McMahon, wife of WWE supremo Vince, failed in an attempt to run for Senate in Connecticut.

Johnson also said in the interview that he knew about the death of Osama Bin Laden hours before it was announced by President Obama to the American public.

"I got my sources. I got friends in high places and low places," said Dwayne. "It was a very interesting day; I'm proud of our country and proud to be American.

"The individuals who were there were proud to let me know. I knew the President was going to give his speech; I thought he was going to give it at a certain time and so I thought, "I think it's appropriate that I tweet 'I'm damn proud to be an American' and keep it in that space without giving away too much information.

"And then I got a call saying, "Now the President will give his speech in a couple of hours." So we had about two hours of Rock tweets out there."

So it seems that not only will John Cena have to contend with The Great One at Wrestlemania, but a man who has the ear of the President. We can see The Rock and Barack Connection being a legendary tag team if given the right push.

But then, like all teams, they will have to break up. So while Obama is busy trying to stem the billions...and billions of dollars that the US government is losing, Rock can swoop in, put Barack through the metaphorical Barber Shop Window, and become The People's President and The Most Electrifying Man in Politics.

It might not be popular with traditionalists in Washington but let's face it...it doesn't matter what they think.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4120023/Wrestling-news-The-Rock-considering-switch-to-politics.html

Would be the best presidential election race ever tbh

Rors
11-02-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4120023/Wrestling-news-The-Rock-considering-switch-to-politics.html

Would be the best presidential election race ever tbh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHt0EyGuzTc

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 11:07 AM
RAW: The HBK/HHH segment was brilliant. :bow:. Also with Taker shaving the wig, a return for the Big Evil or American Badass version? R-Truth was hilarious again. Shame that the Kane Cena stuff has to get the main event billing, doesn't makes sense to me. Cena has to be heel soon though surely?

Rors
14-02-2012, 07:39 PM
RAW: The HBK/HHH segment was brilliant. :bow:. Also with Taker shaving the wig, a return for the Big Evil or American Badass version? R-Truth was hilarious again. Shame that the Kane Cena stuff has to get the main event billing, doesn't makes sense to me. Cena has to be heel soon though surely?

We All Hate You :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Cena. :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 03:39 PM
The Lil girl at the end :lol:

thought Raw quite sucked at the end tbh apart from that it was ok.

Rors
16-02-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Ky8RBr0lA

Wot, no "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!" Randall?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Ky8RBr0lA

Wot, no "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!" Randall?

Big Show was supposed to push away the RKO but instead he went splat. The fat disgrace went down like a sack of spuds.

:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Smackdown Chamber match :rose:

Rors
18-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Smackdown Chamber match :rose:
FEEL THE WORKRATE!

McNamara That Ghost...
18-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing someone will annhilate Santino on the way to the ring, although the locker room is resembling Arsenal's treatment table so not too sure who that could be.

Khali in a main event. :sick:

Thank the lord this is on Sky Sports 1.

Rors
18-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm guessing someone will annhilate Santino on the way to the ring, although the locker room is resembling Arsenal's treatment table so not too sure who that could be.

Khali in a main event. :sick:

Thank the lord this is on Sky Sports 1.

I'll be doing my half-the-PPV-before-work/half-after thing. Might even be less than half-and-half if the SD Chamber stays as it is - judicious use of fast forward might be needed to make it palatable. I'm not exactly bursting with anticipation for a Cena - Kane Ambulance Match either...
Raw Chamber has 5 excellent in-ring participants and 1 very good heel character though, so I think that one will be worth the space on the Sky+ Hard Drive alone.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 01:48 PM
FEEL THE WORKRATE!

Worst thing of all, was i had to endure that rubbish Battle royale where reallt 90% of the particpants should not even be in the wwe, just woeful.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 01:49 PM
FORMER WWE and WCW head writer Vince Russo has left the TNA creative team after 10 years on and off with the company.

Russo played a key role in TNA when it was first created in 2002 and is even credited by some for coming up with the name.

He left two years later, but was rehired by TNA President Dixie Carter in 2006 and has played a major role in creative since that time.

However last night, Dixie revealed: "TNA and Vince Russo have mutually parted ways as of this week.

"The separation is amicable and professional. We are glad for the opportunity to have worked together and wish each other nothing but good luck and success in the future."

Russo was always controversial with fans, splitting opinion between those who credited him with the success of the WWE Attitude Era and those who blamed him for the death of WCW.

Although many TNA storylines and matches under his watch won rave reviews, there were also regular "Fire Russo" chants from fans who disliked some of the more corny and crazy aspects of TNA booking.

Bruce Pritchard recently replaced Russo as head writer and is thought to be retaining that role going forward.

Former WWE and ROH booker Dave Lagana has now joined the Impact Wrestling creative team, after his success working on Ring Ka King in India.

Eric Bischoff — who also has a hand in the running of the shows — welcomed Lagana, by tweeting: "Had the opportunity to work with David in WWE and learned to respect his knowledge of story structure and detail."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4131390/TNA-shake-up-as-Vince-Russo-departs.html

:lol: Vince hope he stays away from wwe.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 01:54 PM
What happend to Orton in reality.

Rors
19-02-2012, 02:45 PM
A mere 10sovs for the Bret/Shawn DVD? Don't mind if I do!

Entertainment Exchange :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Is that it? Bargains. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2012, 03:04 PM
What happend to Orton in reality.

The messed up RKO as shown above presumably. It is a concussion he has.

Rors
19-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Is that it? Bargains. :bow:

Superb documentary. Won't go into detail as not to spoil it, suffice to say it's warts 'n' all!

Onto the matches now

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Aye, it'll be good to see more of those kind onf DVD's but not many will have that real life aspect to it.

Cripps_orig
19-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Finally got to watch Raw

Well worth the wait

Wrestlemania season always produces and next week should be a good one as well with it being the first Raw after the EC event

Rors
19-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Aye, it'll be good to see more of those kind onf DVD's but not many will have that real life aspect to it.

Yep. I think the initial plan was for 'Greatest Rivalries' to be a series, but there would need to be a 'point' for both participants to take part in a shared sit-down interview. There aren't that many contenders.

---
Onto Survivor Series '92. Great match, and audio..:
"Shawn Michaels is still favouring that arm. But he's got two good feet. Kick his teeth in!"

Heenan :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Heenan. :haha:

What a man.

If they do decide to go the kayfabe route for future sets, an Austin and McMahon one together would be funny. I daresay a McMahon and Hogan one would be impossible, plus not really a rivalry, even though there was real life tension there.. Apart from that, I can't think of many other contenders.

Cripps_orig
19-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Monsoon and Heenan :bow:

Best in the world at what they did

Cripps_orig
20-02-2012, 01:48 AM
FFS

Cos i watched Raw today, i thought Elimination Chamber would be next week, i just realised its today :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Just seen the RAW Chamber
Punk wins, quite poor really, Jerico never even got pinned

McNamara That Ghost...
20-02-2012, 12:00 PM
It's to keep him strong going in to Wrestlemania I imagine. It was generally good, granted that only encompasses the two elimination chamber matches. Why Cena vs Kane was the main event is anybody's guess.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-02-2012, 12:16 PM
All in All it was a terrible PPV

Cripps_orig
20-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Missed the first match as i had forgotten it was on and when i found out the first match was the only match i wanted to see, i turned off

Olivier's xmas twist
20-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Don't worry aftet that match you did not miss much.

Rors
20-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Glad I didn't pay for it, but not bad. Just for a second there it looked like they were going to pull the trigger on Santino! Good booking in that respect. They looked to be teasing something with Jericho when we saw him being looked at backstage, but nothing more was made of it? And why was 'that' the main event? :doh:

Cripps_orig
20-02-2012, 07:30 PM
FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista has told how he rarely watches wrestling anymore, after his former company turned PG.

The star, who is now carving out a successful acting career with a role in Scorpion King 3, says he left the business after WWE decided to take a more child-friendly direction.

In an exclusive interview, The Animal told SunSport: "I don't keep up with wrestling that much these days.

"The reason I left was the PG direction the company took, it got too corny for me. I was a hug fan of the edgy era of DX, Stone Cold Steve Austin and those guys. The change in direction really ruined it for me.

"It's well recorded I'm not a fan of the likes of John Cena or The Miz. It's such a different company these days and not in a good way."

In a world where everyone always seems to return to the WWE eventually — Batista is not ruling out following the likes of Chris Jericho and making an in-ring comeback.

But he does insist things would have to get more grown-up again before he'd consider it.

He said: "I've no plans to return anytime soon. I was offered the job of working on Tough Enough, I just didn't think it was for me. I hear it went well with Steve Austin and good luck to them.

"I need to be excited by a project and I didn't feel that way about Tough Enough.

"If I did return to the WWE, it would be for a run not just a one-shot deal.

"I'd have to be a constant for them not someone who drifts in and out to boost ratings. If I did I'd love to work with Triple H again or Undertaker.

"They are the best workers there in my opinion and they'd make it worthwhile to return.

"The show would have to change though, so I can't see my return being anytime soon can you?

"But, you know, I pretty much did it all. My favourite wrestling moments are not necessarily my best ones, they are however the ones that mean most to me.

"My first World Title win meant a lot to me, winning the tag team titles with Ric Flair is up there too.

"I can't complain about the matches I had and the people I faced, I had an amazing time in the WWE."

Looking at other wrestling companies such as TNA, ROH and New Japan, Batista added: "For me, the WWE is the number one wrestling organisation.

"I'd hate to end my career somewhere that's a step down. If I go out, I go out on top and working for the company on top."

The star, whose real name is Dave Bautista, is concentrating on the world of film instead — his latest big budget flick is The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption.

However he insists that he'll never forget his wrestling roots.

Dave told us: "I'm trying to learn the craft of acting, coaching and getting advice from my co-stars.

"Scorpion King 3 was an exciting and very positive experience. My role is a pivotal one and it was good to work with such talented guys as Billy Zane and Ron Perlman. The whole cast helped me greatly.

"I would love to try comedy one day, but I firmly believe at heart I'm a wrestler and I act, I'm not trying to distance myself from that.

"Wrestling is what gave me these opportunities."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4140789/Batista-PG-approach-has-now-ruined-WWE-wrestling-for-me.html

When was Scorpion King 2 made? :unsure:

Rors
20-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Oh, and they should only do 'surprise'/'bonus' matches on PPV when they genuinely have to replace something (Bad Blood '97 springs to mind). I don't need to see Hornswoggle eating cheese followed by a sub-Superstars Swagger - Gabriel non-event (at least announce the match beforehand). Not exactly sure why the Johnny/Otunga/Del Rio/Christian/Henry thing couldn't have waited for TV either..

Cripps_orig
20-02-2012, 11:07 PM
ELIMINATION CHAMBER is usually a highlight on the road to Wrestlemania — but this was more of a detour.

The Raw chamber match kicked proceedings off, pitting WWE champion CM Punk against Chris Jericho, The Miz, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler.

The bout was slightly clunky to begin with, but all participants worked hard and took some daring bumps in a strong 32-minute opener.

R-Truth was the first man eliminated, pinned by CM Punk after a Randy Savage tribute elbow.

When Jericho entered, the focus was largely on him and he was responsible for taking out Ziggler with a Codebreaker then Kofi with a Lion Tamer.

As he roughed up Kofi post-fall, he threw him through the door. Upon turning back to the ring, he was kicked by Punk, and took a dive to the outside via a cameraman.

The story was that he was too hurt to continue. Punk pinned Miz to close the match. Not all will be satisfied by the outcome, but it was smart booking.

Punk was able to look strong and retain, while Jericho played the heel role brilliant before losing in a fashion for which he has a legit gripe. They are dead set for a Wrestlemania match.

The Smackdown chamber match also started slowly. The opening 15 minutes was rather pedestrian, as Big Show, Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett cautiously got things underway.

When Santino Marella entered the crowd began to stir, and after Great Khali entered and was eliminated mercifully quickly, business noticeably picked up.

In a very cool spot, Big Show broke into Daniel Bryan's yet-to-open pod via the chain-link roof, and set upon the champ. When Bryan escaped though, all participants ganged up on Show, and he was out.

As Rhodes mocked for his departure, he was rolled up by Santino for a shock pin. Things would take a wilder turn as Marella would pin Barrett too following punishment by Bryan.

Many suspected Santino wouldn't even make the match, but now he was in the final two.

And then the penny dropped.

The crowd were so massively behind Santino that it made the crowd's anger towards Bryan after his victory all the more vocal.

They hated the champ for puncturing Marella's dream.

Post-match, Sheamus took Bryan out with a Celtic Cross, effectively declaring his intention to wrestle the American Dragon at Wrestlemania — a match which, ironically, was bumped from the show last year.

But apart from the two Chamber bouts, the action was weak.

Beth Phoenix beat Tamina Snuka in a perfectly acceptable short match, but neither had any heat and the match passed the crowd by.

In a match added during the show, Jack Swagger quickly saw off Justin Gabriel.

Sadly the biggest let down was the night's main event of John Cena v Kane. It was simply formulaic and oh-so-typical of a Cena match.

Cena won, forcing Kane into an ambulance per the stipulation of the match, but it lacked any kind of wow factor and reinforced how tired Cena's act feels to anyone whose age can be written in double figures.

Combined with more video packages for John's upcoming bout with The Rock, the message for Wrestlemania is clear.

Feel free to enjoy the undercard — and yes, the world and WWE titles are undercard — but Cena is still the be-all and end all.

How WWE make you feel about him and Rock over the next six weeks is going to make or break the Wrestlemania buy rate.

No pressure then!

We give WWE Elimination Chamber a rating of 6 out of 10.

Didnt watch it so would that be an accurate article on it?

McNamara That Ghost...
20-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Oh, and they should only do 'surprise'/'bonus' matches on PPV when they genuinely have to replace something (Bad Blood '97 springs to mind). I don't need to see Hornswoggle eating cheese followed by a sub-Superstars Swagger - Gabriel non-event (at least announce the match beforehand). Not exactly sure why the Johnny/Otunga/Del Rio/Christian/Henry thing couldn't have waited for TV either..

Natalya's farting gimmick managed to make it on to PPV too. :haha:

And yeah Cripps, I can't really argue with what they say.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 11:09 AM
RAW: Hmm started off horribly, got better eventually. HIAC for HHH - Taker makes sense, surprised 'Taker got what? treatment though! Chaos in the ending battle royale, Ziggler faceplanted the announce table (he is alright though), Wade Barrett hurt his arm, let out multiple fucks and then Santino was elminated landing on Barrett's arm to further the injury.:doh:

Smackdown live tonight. :popcorn:

Rors
21-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Cody.Bright lad :doh: Dislocation for Barrett apparently, looked - and sounded - a lot worse than that!

Rors
21-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Would have made a lot more sense to hold back the battle royal - if that's really the way they wanted to install Jericho as number one contender - until next week. Still allows plenty of time for WM build-up, and above all means they could have recovered a bit. No doubt in my mind the injuries and over-dangerous landings were exacerbated by all participants being in the pretty-legitimately-painful-actually Chamber the night before. Well okay, maybe not Khali :lol:

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 07:04 PM
When is The Rock due to turn up for RAW? Must be soon for the build with his match with Cena.

Rors
21-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Next week :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Should be a good card at WM. When I say card though, I really mean 2 matches.

Old skool. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Would have made a lot more sense to hold back the battle royal - if that's really the way they wanted to install Jericho as number one contender - until next week. Still allows plenty of time for WM build-up, and above all means they could have recovered a bit. No doubt in my mind the injuries and over-dangerous landings were exacerbated by all participants being in the pretty-legitimately-painful-actually Chamber the night before. Well okay, maybe not Khali :lol:

Khali. :lol:

He is truly awful. They're having too many battle royals at the moment, just a lazy way of deciding who gets to contest something. I want to see a scramble match again!

Rors
21-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Khali. :lol:

He is truly awful. They're having too many battle royals at the moment, just a lazy way of deciding who gets to contest something. I want to see a scramble match again!

I make it four this year already!! ('over-the-top-challenge', RR, last week on Smackdown, and now this week on Raw). Before too long there will be a 30-man battle royal every week in which the winner gets to participate in a 30-man battle royal. :wacko:

Scramble Match :bow:

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Just watched it

Cena :bow:

Spot on about the Rock.

Lets see how Hollywood Boy reacts next week. Hope Cena kicks his ass at WM

Triple H v Taker was always going to happen. Wondered how we'll get to it and it didnt disappoint.

Punk v Jericho should steal the show though.

Daniel Bryan v Sheamus was a match that was bumped from last years WM and now it gets main event billing a year later :lol:

Dont mind the battle royals. They are fun.

Also good to see the tag titles make an appearance. Bloody hell that division has died quicker than an Arsenal season after Xmas.

Eve Torres? Whos gives a shit?

Also to go back to Taker, was surprised as well that he got the What treatment. Austin has a lot to answer for for making arguably the 2nd greatest catch phrase of all time.

Also ffs stop with this twitter/trending shite

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Just watched it

Cena :bow:

Spot on about the Rock.

Lets see how Hollywood Boy reacts next week. Hope Cena kicks his ass at WM

Triple H v Taker was always going to happen. Wondered how we'll get to it and it didnt disappoint.

Punk v Jericho should steal the show though.

Daniel Bryan v Sheamus was a match that was bumped from last years WM and now it gets main event billing a year later :lol:

Dont mind the battle royals. They are fun.

Also good to see the tag titles make an appearance. Bloody hell that division has died quicker than an Arsenal season after Xmas.

Also to go back to Taker, was surprised as well that he got the What treatment. Austin has a lot to answer for for making arguably the 2nd greatest catch phrase of all time.

Also ffs stop with this twitter/trending shite

Cena fans :pal: he sucks

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Not a Cena fan at all. My posts on the WWE threads would justify that.

Doesnt make him wrong though

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Not a Cena fan at all. My posts on the WWE threads would justify that.

Doesnt make him wrong though

Never said you was a Cena fan, was just laughing at the cena fans.

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Whats going between CM Punk and Chris Brown? :blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Whats going between CM Punk and Chris Brown? :blink:

Have not heard anything.

Seriously dude, she is fine and one of the best Diva's out there.

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Shes a diva

Enough said

As for Punk and Brown, http://blogs.thescore.com/wwe/2012/02/20/cm-punk-vs-chris-brown/

Olivier's xmas twist
23-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Shes a diva

Enough said

As for Punk and Brown, http://blogs.thescore.com/wwe/2012/02/20/cm-punk-vs-chris-brown/

Wrestlemainia PR Stunts :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Mick Foley is on SSN at 3:30. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-02-2012, 03:56 PM
John Shayna. :haha:

Jim White you tit.

Cripps_orig
24-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Numerous WWE workers were giddy backstage over John Cena's pseudo-shoot tirade toward Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Monday's Raw SuperShow since many share similar real-life sentiments. Those disgruntled are upset with Johnson being prominently featured at WrestleMania XXVIII since he is not a full-time performer and is taking away a prime spot that could be used to elevate an up-and-comer.

Based on claims of Johnson having "heat" within WWE circles, a Twitter user asked the actor/wrestler, "Haters claim you're keeping them from wrestling at 'Mania and they can't get over. Why couldn't they get over when you were gone?"

Johnson, who is well aware of the backstage vipers, responded Wednesday night, "The ones who are complaining are the ones who will never get over anyway, Too busy complaining."

Following Monday's Raw in Minneapolis, Minnesota, one such WWE worker aired out his grievances toward Johnson via text to PWInsider.com (with permission to be quoted under the condition of anonymity): "[Johnson] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one.

"He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their asses off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

http://rajahwwf.com/base/node/26272

Whos that WWE worker? :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 09:17 PM
A pub teamer jealous he will never reach the heights The Rock has in WWE?

Cripps_orig
24-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Pub Teamer v Rock, Wrestemania 29

Vince, make it happen

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 09:26 PM
A pub teamer jealous he will never reach the heights The Rock has in WWE?

Probs some Cena fan

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I think Cena will win at WM anyway. He needs it more.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Cena Winning will be dangerous for vince he will loose a lot of hardcore fans if he does.

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm watching the Triple H vs Cactus Jack Hell in a Cell match on Youtube. :bow:

Hope the one at WM is this brutal. What have HIAC matches been like in recent years? Can't imagine they've been as good with a PG rating.

Rors
24-02-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm watching the Triple H vs Cactus Jack Hell in a Cell match on Youtube. :bow:

Hope the one at WM is this brutal. What have HIAC matches been like in recent years? Can't imagine they've been as good with a PG rating.

:bow: indeed.

Having a PPV dedicated specifically to them hasn't done the concept any favours. The fact that an HIAC can and should be a feud-ender* is often worth an extra half-a-mark in the match rating itself. Should build up to the HIAC, not just throw the latest title matches in there just because it's that time of year.

*HBK - UT wasn't a feud-ender in '97, but there's your rule-proving exception....

---
Shayna/Dwayne/Jim White shoot fight at WM29 :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Cena loosing will be dangerous for vince he will loose a lot of hardcore fans if he does.

The hardcore fans hate Shayna so I doubt it.

As for HIAC, if there is one match you would reserve blading for, it's that kind of one. Having said that, even in PG land they can still do some brutal spots, they'll just have to pay up for a fine to do so. What the problem is they have as Rors alluded to, is having a HIAC match for a feud that hasn't reached that kind of level, it should only be used for when a feud has become personal.

On a general point of gimmick named PPV's, having the Elimination Chambers not as the Elimination Chamber main event is supremely dumb and just shows why the idea is ridiculous.

Backlash should be the first event after Wrestlemania, it's the perfect name for the follow-up to the biggest show of the year.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-02-2012, 10:08 AM
The hardcore fans hate Shayna so I doubt it.

As for HIAC, if there is one match you would reserve blading for, it's that kind of one. Having said that, even in PG land they can still do some brutal spots, they'll just have to pay up for a fine to do so. What the problem is they have as Rors alluded to, is having a HIAC match for a feud that hasn't reached that kind of level, it should only be used for when a feud has become personal.

On a general point of gimmick named PPV's, having the Elimination Chambers not as the Elimination Chamber main event is supremely dumb and just shows why the idea is ridiculous.

Backlash should be the first event after Wrestlemania, it's the perfect name for the follow-up to the biggest show of the year.

Sorry meant Rock Losing

Rors
25-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Foley sat next to Sue Johnston on Soccer Am sofa :lol: Give us a "bloody hell Barb!" Mick :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I've missed most of it, will have to watch best bits. I did see Foley get the cheap pop for his gig in Liverpool though. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Mick's shot. :lol:

Sue Johnston's shot. :haha:

Rors
25-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Mick's shot. :lol:

Sweet shin music indeed Mick :lol:

Rors
25-02-2012, 11:58 AM
And now Soccer AM is back in "oh dear" territory.. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-02-2012, 12:05 PM
It's not going to stay above the level of total crap for too long these days.

GP
26-02-2012, 10:06 PM
For anyone interested, there's a sale on DVDs here.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/page1.html

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Good stuff.

Also, The Rock is on RAW tonight. :popcorn:

Flavs
27-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Good stuff.

Also, The Rock is on RAW tonight. :popcorn:

Is he back "wrestling" again?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 10:43 AM
He might have one match before Wrestlemania but I am guessing it will be promos and a few Rock Bottoms here and there.

Flavs
27-02-2012, 10:47 AM
For anyone interested, there's a sale on DVDs here.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/page1.html

Wish they would make a DVD around the invasion, do it dual with what was going off in real life around the purchase of WcW and WCW mixed with the in ring stories of the splits and turnarounds. Shame they had to ruin it really, up until the NWO came in it was fucking epic then it kind of fizzled out.

I still remember the speech the Undertaker and Classie Freddie Blassie gave about standing up to the threat :bow:

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah the Invasion was awesome. I think the brand split after was when I started to lose interest.

Flavs
27-02-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-zhlw_hnGU

*Shudders

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Wish they would make a DVD around the invasion, do it dual with what was going off in real life around the purchase of WcW and WCW mixed with the in ring stories of the splits and turnarounds. Shame they had to ruin it really, up until the NWO came in it was fucking epic then it kind of fizzled out.

I still remember the speech the Undertaker and Classie Freddie Blassie gave about standing up to the threat :bow:

It's a shame they couldn't have the big players for the Invasion, the final match with Sting, Hogan, Nash, Ric Flair and Goldberg instead of the WWE 'lending' Angle and Austin would've been amazing. Unfortunately the timing wasn't right for it.

Flavs
27-02-2012, 10:56 AM
It's a shame they couldn't have the big players for the Invasion, the final match with Sting, Hogan, Nash, Ric Flair and Goldberg instead of the WWE 'lending' Angle and Austin would've been amazing. Unfortunately the timing wasn't right for it.

Sting vs The Rock :faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Money tbf.

Speaking of The Rock, he is expected to work WM29. Austin - Rock IV. :pray:

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I didn't like how they turned Stone Cold heel at WM17 as well, that was a mistake. He turned into a bit of a joke after that, kissing Vince's ass. Although it was awesome for a bit when he and Triple H won all the titles and kicked the fuck out of everyone in doing so.

Attitude era. :bow:

Epic.

Flavs
27-02-2012, 12:48 PM
WM17 is my all time fav! Even more so than 3/6 and 7 (seven was awesome but the main event was wank, Hogan :shithead:)

Flavs
27-02-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aip8YIb-fjk

*Goosebumps

Also just watching this and remembered Palumbo and O'Hare :bow:

Flavs
27-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Uber LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN9xFloK_js&feature=related

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I didnt watch WCW/ECW at the time

Who was the biggest star to take a part in the invasion? I know the real big names didnt take part

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 03:13 PM
DDP and Booker T I guess for WCW. Everyone you know of as an ECW guy for ECW.

Flavs
27-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Hall, Nash and hogan as well. Booker was champion when they folded and continued this when he came over. I think RVD was ECW champion at the time.

The saddest one for me was when they tried to use Sabu and it was just lame.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Hall, Nash and Hogan didn't come in until that part of the invasion was over. It was at No Way Out 2002 the NWO debuted.

GP
27-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Didn't Tazz beat someone high profile on his debut? I'm thinking HHH?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Kurt Angle if I recall. Royal Rumble 2000 I think that was, then he went back in to commentary, reconciled with ECW, then became Austin's bitch then he went back to commentary. :lol:

Flavs
27-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Didn't Tazz beat someone high profile on his debut? I'm thinking HHH?

yeah at the royal rumble

Sorry didnt see maccy's post

Marc Overmars
27-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah Kurt Angle hadn't lost a match at the time, then Tazz beat him.

Angle. :bow:

He was awesome. Shame he's with some pub team company now.

Marc Overmars
28-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Just watched The Rock's promo from last night, wasn't that great tbh and Cena kind of burned him.

GP
28-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Super Cena :bow:

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Just watched The Rock's promo from last night, wasn't that great tbh and Cena kind of burned him.Just watched it. Pretty much spot on with what you say. All this twitter/trending crap is pretty pathetic and dull and the Rock is having a shocker. Cena shut him the fuck up and lets hope he kicks the rocks ass all over Wrestlemania as well.

Also the start of Raw, Jericho and Punk :bow:

Marc Overmars
28-02-2012, 06:32 PM
The Rock didn't seem himself, he didn't even start with "Finally..."

After Cena left he picked it up a little bit but the damage was done.

He needs to man up.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 06:45 PM

After Cena left he picked it up a little bit the damage was done.

He needs to man up.He did the finally thing after the cameras stopped rolling and yeah the old Rock was back after Cena came and went but too little too late, Cenas round i believe.

Can Rock retaliate or will Cena pull away? :popcorn:

Rors
28-02-2012, 09:37 PM
NotesGate :popcorn:

GP
28-02-2012, 09:40 PM

After Cena left he picked it up a little bit the damage was done.

He needs to man up.

Rock and Cena. The two best wrestlers ever :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Cena Sucks

Xhaka Can’t
28-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Cena Sucks

cock?

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Cena SucksAlways been a Rock fan and never been a Cena one

But i hope Cena kicks his ass at WM

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Always been a Rock fan and never been a Cena one

But i hope Cena kicks his ass at WM

Have not seen raw for 2 weeks so don't know whats happend, but in General Cena Sucks lol give me Randy Boreton anyday.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Have not seen raw for 2 weeks so don't know whats happend, but in General Cena Sucks lol give me Randy Boreton anyday.Cena pretty much owned Rock 2 weeks running

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Cena pretty much owned Rock 2 weeks running

Then in that case

He's my fave Wrestler but
:haha: Dewayne

Rors
28-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Talk of the town at the moment is the aforementioned notes scenario. For those who didn't see what happened, Dwayne had a few promo bullet points clearly written on his wrist, and Cena called him out on it. Dwayne looked pretty legitimately piddled off with it( as his off-mic "motherfucker" seemed to illustrate). So work, shoot, or somewhere in between? My opinion is that Vince noticed the notes, then informed Cena to go out there and mention it(if this entire feud were a 'shoot', Vinny would be siding with Cena and no mistake).I don't think DJ even knew Cena was scheduled to interrupt the interview - as MO said, he went seriously off-track - let alone that he was going to bring that up.

Still, even if that element of it is 100% work, then it shows how well the wheels are finally getting set in motion.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-02-2012, 10:07 PM
The Punk/Jericho promo was fantastic.

"All the while, I'm here, on top, swimming with sharks, while you're dancing with stars!" :bow:

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Talk of the town at the moment is the aforementioned notes scenario. For those who didn't see what happened, Dwayne had a few promo bullet points clearly written on his wrist, and Cena called him out on it. Dwayne looked pretty legitimately piddled off with it( as his off-mic "motherfucker" seemed to illustrate). So work, shoot, or somewhere in between? My opinion is that Vince noticed the notes, then informed Cena to go out there and mention it(if this entire feud were a 'shoot', Vinny would be siding with Cena and no mistake).I don't think DJ even knew Cena was scheduled to interrupt the interview - as MO said, he went seriously off-track - let alone that he was going to bring that up.

Still, even if that element of it is 100% work, then it shows how well the wheels are finally getting set in motion. That was fucking awesome. Il need to watch it again to see if i can see the notes.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 10:12 PM
The Punk/Jericho promo was fantastic.

"All the while, I'm here, on top, swimming with sharks, while you're dancing with stars!" :bow:This

For all of Cena owning Rock again, the best promo of the night was Punk and Jericho.

They are the best in the world at what they do

Marc Overmars
28-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah that was a good promo. I've only been following Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker but Punk and Jericho is shaping up to be a pretty good. It's refreshing to have someone like Punk in the picture at the moment, bit of a throwback to years gone by.

Is the Smackdown champion any good? Looks like a pub teamer to me.

Cripps_orig
28-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Punk and Jericho if all goes well should steal the show in terms of best match at WM

As for Daniel Bryan, hes a good wrestler, knows his stuff. Not the best on the mic though but hes getting there.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Smackdown :pal: terrible show

Xhaka Can’t
28-02-2012, 11:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1B1yf.gif

McNamara That Ghost...
28-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Smackdown :pal: terrible show

Five months ago it was brilliant, now they have turned in to RAW with barely any wrestling and little of the star power. Shame.

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Watching Beyond The Mat

Bit of a shocker ive never seen this before

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 11:57 PM
JOHN CENA won the war of words with The Rock on Raw this week, as the two men headed to their 'match made in The Sun' at WrestleMania 28 next month.

The feud between the two — which began after Cena slammed The Rock on SunSport's WrestleCast in 2008 — kicked off again on the show, as Rock made his first appearance for many months.

However the movie star's show-closing promo was nowhere near his typical dazzling best.

Rock seemed more pre-occupied with cracking wise with puerile name calling and referencing Twitter than talking up his huge Mania encounter with Cena.

In a stilted promo — which admittedly the live crowd in Portland ate up — he even appeared to have notes reminding him what to say on his arm.

Amongst other juvenile insults, Rock called Cena a 'Kung Pao bitch' and once more talked of his 'ladyparts'.

The star, real name Dwayne Johnson, told his foe that while Cena claims to be fighting for the boys in the back, he is fighting for the people.

Rock said: "Those same people that are fed up with having a Kung Pao bitch shoved down their throat every single night.

"Listen to them John, they are tired of you. They try to tell you every single night.

"But they are not tired of being entertained. And that's where I come in."

Cena, though, interrupted The Brahma Bull with a stinging response. He shot back: "You're right, I'm the guy who runs you down when you're not here.

"But as usual you're only half right, because I'm the guy who runs you down when you are here.

"These people love 'The Rock'. I was one of these people until I got to meet 'Dwayne Johnson'.

"Dwayne Johnson is a self-centred, egotistical, see-through son of a bitch that wouldn't give a rat's ass if this company closed its doors tomorrow.

"I'll tell you something. I don't need words like 'loyalty' and 'respect' to trend worldwide, just like I don't need my notes for my promo on my wrist.

"On April 1, when the millions see John Cena versus The Rock, John Cena's going to be eyeing up Dwayne Johnson, and I don't like Dwayne Johnson. I'm going to be looking into the eyes of Dwayne Johnson and see a man afraid.

"You're going to be looking a dude who may not have balls, but a dude that's going to beat the hell out of you at WrestleMania."

Many viewers watching felt the animosity between the two was real Kung Pao especially after Cena mentioned the notes on Rock's arm Kung Pao and that, at least, will carry on building momentum into WrestleMania 28.

This year's Mania is shaping up to be a strong show, with Triple H v Undertaker, CM Punk v Chris Jericho and Sheamus v Daniel Bryan also on the card.

Of course, you can follow all the twists and turns right here on SunSport as we build up to the Granddaddy of Them All.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4162519/WrestleMania-28-John-Cena-takes-upper-hand-in-war-with-The-Rock.html

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 12:00 AM
WRESTLING legend Mick Foley has told how he wants to be a part of WrestleMania 28 — but would prefer to be behind the commentary desk than in the ring.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/img/buttons/btn-have-ur-say.png (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4162476/Mick-Foley-wants-WrestleMania-28-moment.html#comment-rig)
5 comments (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4162476/Mick-Foley-wants-WrestleMania-28-moment.html#comment-rig)

Related Stories
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01459/trish_stratus_14_1_1459151f.jpg
Stratus: I'd return to fight Beth (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4151579/Trish-Stratus-Id-return-to-WWE-to-fight-Beth-Phoenix.html)TRISH STRATUS says she would return to wrestling to fight WWE Diva Beth Phoenix (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4151579/Trish-Stratus-Id-return-to-WWE-to-fight-Beth-Phoenix.html)

Ray: I know what I can handle (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4145798/TNA-news-Bully-Ray-has-told-the-critics-to-stop-attacking-hardcore-wrestling.html)
Chamber not made for 'Mania (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4140882/Chamber-not-made-for-Mania.html)
PG has ruined wrestling for me (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4140789/Batista-PG-approach-has-now-ruined-WWE-wrestling-for-me.html)
Our thoughts are with Jesse (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4134456/Roode-retains-but-thoughts-are-with-Jesse.html)

The multiple time WWE Champion — affectionately known as the Hardcore Legend — appeared for an in-ring cameo at this year's Royal Rumble, but wants a less energetic role on April 1 in Miami.
Speaking on Sport Tonight TV's The Slam, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnYWqplNTI&list=PLECD08DF737570887&index=1&feature=plpp_video)Mick said: "I would like to be involved in WrestleMania at the show but I would rather not have a match.
"I think they've got the spotlight on four matches, and there are other guys who really do deserve the chance to be on that stage.
"I got my thing at the Royal Rumble and I don't think there's a possibility of building something up quick enough to be important enough to be on that show.
"I have a couple of ideas of where I could fit in, and I'm going to suggest them.
"I'd like to go back to the announce desk and I'd like to provide commentary for that match.
"I don't know if it's The Undertaker's last match, I haven't heard him say it's his last match.
"I'm just guessing that if he leaves 20-0 — or even 19-1 — I'm guessing there's a possibility that it is.
"As I guy loves wrestling history and who personally appreciates what Undertaker did for me, I'd like to be part of that.

"I think I could lend more as a commentator than I could as a referee.
"I don't get the sense that I would add, dramatically, as a referee. But I do think I would add as a commentator."
At the Rumble in January, Mick entered the 30-man match early in the proceedings and memorably jousted with Ricardo Rodriguez and Santino Marella in a light-hearted section of the contest.
Mick recalled: "When I got to the back a bunch of the wrestlers gave me a standing 'o'.
"Usually when I got a standing ovation it meant I was about to get emergency surgery done!
"It wasn't until I watched it back the next day I thought: 'That was really good'. Not only with Santino but the stuff with Ricardo.
"I guess I eliminated three guys. I guess the truth is that is how I should be used now.

"When it was said and done, Santino and I had an image for the ages – Socko and the Cobra – it was a pretty good use of my limited talents these days. It was fun, and it was something I'm glad I did."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4162476/Mick-Foley-wants-WrestleMania-28-moment.html
(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4162476/Mick-Foley-wants-WrestleMania-28-moment.html)

Olivier's xmas twist
01-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Five months ago it was brilliant, now they have turned in to RAW with barely any wrestling and little of the star power. Shame.

Yep too many Jobbers on SD tbh and too many fillers. Need guys like Dolph and Miz on there tbh to make it watchable. Can't stand bryan Awlful champ tbh.

Rors
01-03-2012, 08:09 PM
These'll do nicely:
Description Quantity Item Value Item Tax Item Total Line Total
WWE1258 WWE Best PPV Matches Of The Year 2009-2010 DVD (3 Discs) 1 4.99 4.99
WWE1212 Viva La Raza! The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero DVD (4 Discs) 1 6.99 6.99
WWE1265 Breaking The Code Behind The Walls of Chris Jericho DVD (3 Discs) 1 8.99 8.99
10.00% discount applied (2.10)

SilverVision :bow:
Payday :bow:

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Looks like Orton and Kane will have a feud for WM

Marc Overmars
01-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Any decent tag teams around these days? Who are the champs?

They should have another mental TLC match. :bow:

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Epico and Primo are the champs

McNamara That Ghost...
02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
These'll do nicely:
Description Quantity Item Value Item Tax Item Total Line Total
WWE1258 WWE Best PPV Matches Of The Year 2009-2010 DVD (3 Discs) 1 4.99 4.99
WWE1212 Viva La Raza! The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero DVD (4 Discs) 1 6.99 6.99
WWE1265 Breaking The Code Behind The Walls of Chris Jericho DVD (3 Discs) 1 8.99 8.99
10.00% discount applied (2.10)

SilverVision :bow:
Payday :bow:

Bargains. :bow:

Also, they barely put any effort in to the tag team division.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Epico and Primo are the champs

Some pub teamers tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
I agree with that article, pg has made wrestling shite.

It needs to go back to the attitude era.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Yep WWE is PG for the Cena fans. Needs an over haul quickly.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure I agree that much. There was a lot about the attitude era that was poor, the majority of the storylines were crap (hi Russo) save for Austin vs McMahon of course, the matches weren't great either unless they were gimmicked...but the characters were brilliant. What the problem they have is the characters are hamstrung by how much they are allowed to do, it's only Punk that you could say has been given the license to say much and even now, he's a company man in most of his non WWE programming appearances.

It's much harder to draw ratings now because of it probably and look at how watered down The Rock seems in comparison since his return. Maybe when the current 'kiddies' become teenagers, it will change again but not until then. It's better now though than say 90-93 and that was a PG era.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah the characters were excellent and I think that also made WWF believable to the audience.

There's probably more money to be made with PG though. Kids buy all sorts of shit.

KSE Comedy Club
04-03-2012, 11:54 PM
I agree to some extent, but Im talking about the late nineties early 2000's. They had some great wrestlers back then that would literally put their bodies through all kinds of shit to entertain. When was the last time you saw a 30 foot leap into a stack of tables? Or someone smash a steel chair over another guys head? Where are the TLC matches, the hardcore matches, that made it great fun to watch?

I remember hhh punching the rock repeatedly in the head with knuckle dusters until he bled, just after a steel cage match when dx had stormed the ring and beat him down.

Also I don't think any of the modern wrestlers have the level of charisma that the older guard do. I find most of them rather irritating now tbh. Yeh punk seems to have a voice, but there's nothing exciting coming out of his mouth when he speaks. I wish the miz would fuck off and take Daniel Bryan with him, even most of the matches lack the intensity that they used to have. Cena had his most exciting moment a few weeks ago when he stormed down to the ring and beat the living crap out of jack swagger. Angry cena is good to watch, after that it was back to normal with 5 move cena back in action :rolleyes:

They do need to make some changes to the whole thing IMO.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 11:55 PM
There deffo is more money to be made thats true so can see from a business sense why Vince is going with it. Its the little things that p me off like Changing the FU to the Attitude Ajuster and the STFU to the STF.

Smackdown seem full off jobbers bar 7 wrestlers not like in the Attitiude Area where it was a joy to watch both shows.

I suppose having 2 heavyweight champs sucks a bit as well.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
They've also changed Raw into the raw supershow now as well.

It's being entirely geared towards the child market, there's very little adult material in it.

WWF was better when it had to compete against WCW and ECW, but that started to change when Vince bought them both out.

I suppose we faintly hope that TNA becomes much, much bigger and forces the WWE to have a rethink.

Cripps_orig
05-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Harsh on Miz tbh

When i went to Raw last year, he was the one who had the fans in the palm of his hand. He was brilliant. Him and R-Truth. Shame they brought that to an end. R-Truth :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-03-2012, 12:07 AM

It's being entirely geared towards the child market, there's very little adult material in it.

WWF was better when it had to compete against WCW and ECW, but that started to change when Vince bought them both out.

I suppose we faintly hope that TNA becomes much, much bigger and forces the WWE to have a rethink.

Yep WWF was good WWE not so much. Either get rid of SD and make Raw SS 3 hours or go back to it just being Raw with only raw superstars.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Harsh on Miz tbh

When i went to Raw last year, he was the one who had the fans in the palm of his hand. He was brilliant. Him and R-Truth. Shame they brought that to an end. R-Truth :doh:Yeh he was good, once upon a time, but he hasn't changed at all. He needs to step up a gear to make him good again, but I don't think he has it in him.

It's not just him, there are plenty of others that could all tag along too.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeh he was good, once upon a time, but he hasn't changed at all. He needs to step up a gear to make him good again, but I don't think he has it in him.

Miz is ok Just think their not sure what to do with him, they don't want ti give him the title, but don't want him to go back to the US title either, so he seems a bit of a jobber right now.

Much prefer him over Bryan on SD who should not be Champ.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2012, 12:30 AM
I agree to some extent, but Im talking about the late nineties early 2000's. They had some great wrestlers back then that would literally put their bodies through all kinds of shit to entertain. When was the last time you saw a 30 foot leap into a stack of tables? Or someone smash a steel chair over another guys head? Where are the TLC matches, the hardcore matches, that made it great fun to watch?

I remember hhh punching the rock repeatedly in the head with knuckle dusters until he bled, just after a steel cage match when dx had stormed the ring and beat him down.

Also I don't think any of the modern wrestlers have the level of charisma that the older guard do. I find most of them rather irritating now tbh. Yeh punk seems to have a voice, but there's nothing exciting coming out of his mouth when he speaks. I wish the miz would fuck off and take Daniel Bryan with him, even most of the matches lack the intensity that they used to have. Cena had his most exciting moment a few weeks ago when he stormed down to the ring and beat the living crap out of jack swagger. Angry cena is good to watch, after that it was back to normal with 5 move cena back in action :rolleyes:

They do need to make some changes to the whole thing IMO.

Yeah I know when the Attitude Era was. I mention 90-93 in addition because that was another 'PG' era.

The gimmicks you mention are great and all on occasion but they aren't wrestling, they're one level down from being ECW. Anyway, the last December PPV was TLC. :unsure: They don't have the insane spots, like say when Edge speared Jeff Hardy but thank god for that given Edge has since had to retire. And that's another pertinent point, you can't expect to put your talent continually in to high-risk match types time and again and not expect a correlation to be made with so many untimely deaths; it's publicity they can do without. Mick Foley can barely move about now but at least he was willing to be flung off a cage for our entertainment.

Watch CZW. It's stupidly hardcore but clearly it's better suited to you now.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2012, 12:36 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by adult material? I can't see how the Punk Jericho feuds and HHH - Taker are geared towards children. They're wrestling feuds, that should be universal, shouldn't it?

I bet if there was another attitude era now you'd consider it much inferior to the one that had come and gone.

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Do the wrestlers themselves decide how they're going to work a match or is it from the higher people above?

HIAC at WM surely has a license to be a throwback to the attitude era, with HHH wanting to "end" the Undertaker and all that. I plan on watching it but I've never seen a PG HIAC match before so I'm not really sure if the expectations I have in my head are the right ones.

Flavs
05-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Do the wrestlers themselves decide how they're going to work a match or is it from the higher people above?

The way it used to work was that they had "script-points" within the matches where they had to do certain things around certain times and then the commentators could build upon it. Also the endings, if part of a storyline, are organised but the rest is "freestyle" for want of a better term.

Their are examples of complete free-style though, the dark matches always are and when someone dies and they have a night off or after 9/11 and the story lines are suspended you get some outstanding matches. Sadly you also get some horrific ones where the 2 guys just don't click.

The other thing i used to like was when someone had stepped out of line and they got given something really shit to do as punishment, you remember Perry Saturn and the mop? That was cos he had hurt a kid during a squash match, you remember HHH losing to the ultimate warrior? That was for mouthing off at Vince and so on.

Outside of Vince there is one guy you want on your side and that's Jim Ross, he can literally make or break your career.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2012, 09:30 AM

HIAC at WM surely has a license to be a throwback to the attitude era, with HHH wanting to "end" the Undertaker and all that. I plan on watching it but I've never seen a PG HIAC match before so I'm not really sure if the expectations I have in my head are the right ones.

You'll probably see most of what you would in say the very first HIAC but without blood (at least not intentionally), they still use the cell as much as they did but without 'grazing' an opponent on it. And I doubt they'll ascend to the roof!

And Flav's, I think you might well see The Miz get that treatment, for nearly letting R-Truth get killed. HHH is back in action, could be a two second burial if he faces The Miz.

Flavs
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
And Flav's, I think you might well see The Miz get that treatment, for nearly letting R-Truth get killed.

what?

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
what?

R-Truth was supposed to do a over the rope dive to the outside, Miz was in the right position to 'catch' him but then inexplicably moved to the right allowing Truth to hit the mat outside full on his back. :sick:

There's a video but I am guessing you can't see it at work.

Flavs
05-03-2012, 09:55 AM
I dont think i want to see it, was it like when Benoit hit the announcers table :sick:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Funnily enough Dolph Ziggler faceplanted the announcers table recently, Big Show wasn't watching where he was throwing him. :lol:

Either way, Truth's landing wasn't nice.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I dont think i want to see it, was it like when Benoit hit the announcers table :sick:Pussy

Flavs
05-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Pussy

That is totally inappropriate

Rors
05-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Going back to one of Jebus' points, I don't want to see many more unprotected chair shots to the head. Knowing what we do about Benoit of course, and with a concussion doing for Nowinski's career among others, I am more than happy to suspend my disbelief enough that a chair to the back will - kayfabe -have just as much impact on an opponent. Only in very expectional circumstances should they occur now. Hell,when HHH and Undertaker (yes, both the boss' son-in-law and most protected man in the business respectively) worked a bonce-shot in at WM last year, they were fined - that's how much it is now correctly frowned upon backstage.

During the latter part of the Attitude era, and even beyond it, you were even getting both competitors juicing in things like mid-card US title matches on Smackdown! How can blood have any meaning if it can be 'got' in matches like that?!

The PG rating certainly has its problems, but they are more with characterisation limits as opposed to anything in the ring. You still get kerrazy spots, but with - slightly :lol: - less of the risk.

Rors
05-03-2012, 07:06 PM
In other news, DVDs arrived today. Now just got the issue of which one to watch first...

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Have they banned chair shots to the head altogether? Can they still put their hands up to take some impact?

Rors
05-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Have they banned chair shots to the head altogether? Can they still put their hands up to take some impact?

Unprotected ones are now an absolute no-no without being hit in the pocket afterwards. Hands-up? Not sure actually...

Cripps_orig
05-03-2012, 08:57 PM
FFS

Thought it was tuesday today and was looking forward to watching Raw on youtube.

My working week started yesterday and has put my timing all wrong

Rors
05-03-2012, 10:32 PM
In other news, DVDs arrived today. Now just got the issue of which one to watch first...

Random draw, Eddie one came out first. Watched the first three matches so far, and I'd put them at very good (Scorpio), incredible (Malenko[!]), and excellent (Otani, the first WCW one on the list). Match V Flair coming up next, but I'll take that drain factor after the great start (Even Eddie was no miracle-worker) :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Is is just a collection of matches that one?

Rors
05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Yep, it's the preamble-match-preamble-match format.