PDA

View Full Version : WWE Thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Rors
03-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Brock has been enjoying the good life with Sable. :bow:

Also, they loved Daniel Bryan in Miami. It'll be funny if Vince has unintentionally made a star, although ultimately, he still wins!

Yes!Yes!Yes! (that will get tiresome very quickly should it catch on..)

McNamara That Ghost...
03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Did make me laugh when they said Si! Si! Si! to Del Rio though. I don't think I'll mind it too much as it is more likely to enhance, in contrast to 'What?'.

Rors
03-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Did make me laugh when they said Si! Si! Si! to Del Rio though. I don't think I'll mind it too much as it is more likely to enhance, in contrast to 'What?'.

Aye that were good.

Makes a change to hear a Florida crowd making a bit of racket. Jericho's return in Nov '07 in Fort Lauderdale was met by the proverbial crickets!

--

Going to press on with Best PPV Matches of 09-10 DVD after CL matches today I think.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Vince must have raised their ire.

And good choice!

Cripps_orig
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Rock :bow:

Brock :bow:

Cripps_orig
03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
In sadder news, Chief Jay Strongbow has passed away :(

Rors
04-04-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.rspwfaq.net/2012/04/revenge.html :bow:

Cripps_orig
05-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Just booked tickets to Raw on April 16th :popcorn:

Hope the Brock and Rock connection are there

McNamara That Ghost...
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.rspwfaq.net/2012/04/revenge.html :bow:

World Tour. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
The rumours for the WM29 card:

CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
Undertaker vs John Cena (the streak could well go here if true).
The Rock vs Brock Lesnar (WWE title match).

:popcorn:

Marc Overmars
05-04-2012, 05:20 PM
:popcorn: Indeed.

Austin vs Punk would be promo gold.

I can't recall if Cena has ever faced Taker?

Who would be the champion heading into that title match? I'd like it to be Lesnar so The Rock can gain revenge for Summerslam 02 and pretty much go out as champion. (Can't imagine both will stick around for much longer after WM29?)

Rors
05-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Still wouldn't rule out us getting Cena - Rock II at some point (Summerslam?With The Omnipotent One getting his win back?) Otherwise that rumoured line-up is :popcorn: stuff and no mistake. No Hogan - Warrior III though. Sorry Ach...

McNamara That Ghost...
05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
The Lesnar contract is a year long I think.

Cena was paired with Taker at the very beginning of his career I think, not sure if they had a match or not, didn't get to see it much at that time.

As for Lesnar vs Rock, I'd have thought Rock would beat Punk at some point to gain the title.

Rors
05-04-2012, 07:14 PM
The Lesnar contract is a year long I think.

Cena was paired with Taker at the very beginning of his career I think, not sure if they had a match or not, didn't get to see it much at that time.

As for Lesnar vs Rock, I'd have thought Rock would beat Punk at some point to gain the title.

Re Spoiler 2, UT took on Cena at Vengeance '03 - it's on the 'Tombstone' set. If my memories of it are correct, I'm not about to dig it out :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-04-2012, 07:27 PM
He was a bit green, still is tbf.

Cripps_orig
05-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Still wouldn't rule out us getting Cena - Rock II at some point (Summerslam?With The Omnipotent One getting his win back?) Otherwise that rumoured line-up is :popcorn: stuff and no mistake. No Hogan - Warrior III though. Sorry Ach...When was Hogan v Warrior II?

Must Watch. 2 biggest wrestlers when i got in to wrestling. If it wasnt for them, i wouldnt be here

Marc Overmars
05-04-2012, 07:46 PM
When was Hogan v Warrior II?

Must Watch. 2 biggest wrestlers when i got in to wrestling. If it wasnt for them, i wouldnt be here

My version of that is HBK vs Bret Hart Iron Man match. :bow:

Rors
05-04-2012, 07:49 PM
When was Hogan v Warrior II?

It was Halloween Havoc '98. Unlike WM VI, not planned out by Pat Patterson, and it shows. Containing such blistering segments as Warrior using a log-roll as an offensive move(yes, as in getting on the floor and knocking Terry off his feet by the ankles), and Horace Hogan executing the single wussiest chair shot in history.Enjoy.

Cripps_orig
05-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Ah i remember that. Bored the fuck out of me that did tbh

One pinfall and that in Fergie time

Admittedly at that time, all i wanted to see was chair shots, high flying moves etc and didnt appreciate the wrestling as i do now.

I was only a young whipper snapper of 13 tbh

Cripps_orig
05-04-2012, 07:50 PM
It was Halloween Havoc '98. Unlike WM VI, not planned out by Pat Patterson, and it shows. Containing such blistering segments as Warrior using a log-roll as an offensive move(yes, as in getting on the floor and knocking Terry off his feet by the ankles), and Horace Hogan executing the single wussiest chair shot in history.Enjoy.Hardly ever watched WCW other than early 90s

Dangerous Alliance :bow:

Rors
05-04-2012, 07:54 PM
My version of that is HBK vs Bret Hart Iron Man match. :bow:

:gp:

Cripps_orig
05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Speaking of Dangerous Alliance, with Brock back, will Heyman make an appearance?

Marc Overmars
05-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Ah i remember that. Bored the fuck out of me that did tbh

One pinfall and that in Fergie time

Admittedly at that time, all i wanted to see was chair shots, high flying moves etc and didnt appreciate the wrestling as i do now.

I was only a young whipper snapper of 13 tbh

I watched it casually before then but that match and WM12 really cemented my interest. Of course I thought wrestling wasn't scripted back then so it seemed a lot better!

Rors
05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Speaking of Dangerous Alliance, with Brock back, will Heyman make an appearance?

It's being bandied about..

:pray:

Cripps_orig
05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Someone has said the following

"I don't watch it as much as I used to—but it's not the same as it was; they don't have the same guys. But Triple H is coming back, the WWE is coming back, and I'd like to do whatever I can to be a part of that, to help them in any way I can."

Vince, make it happen

Rors
06-04-2012, 05:16 PM
According to 411(and my application of the exchange rate), Brock is getting the equivalent of 3million sovs for his one year. That's about the same as Bent-y gets...

GP
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Worth it for that shooting star press.

Rors
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Worth it for that shooting star press.

Let's hope he hits it this time....

Rors
06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Let's hope he hits it this time....

That reminds me, I might well dig out the WM19 DVD at some point during the week. Was an excellent event, complete with Vinny carrying Hogan(yes..) to something watchable(yes..)

Olivier's xmas twist
08-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Good see Brock back almost gave up on the WWE till i saw that.

PS Why do people hate WM 9 so much.

Cripps_orig
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Worst wrestlemania ive seen and ive seen most

Olivier's xmas twist
08-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Worst wrestlemania ive seen and ive seen most

Was the 1st one i watched, was about 10 and quite enjoyed it tbh, mainly because it was outside like WM28.

Cripps_orig
08-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Apparently a DVD is being made of Undertakers streak...

Surely that means if he fights next year, its all over?

Cripps_orig
08-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Was the 1st one i watched, was about 10 and quite enjoyed it tbh, mainly because it was outside like WM28.WrestleMania 8 was mine.

That was pretty good

Ernesto
09-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Was the 1st one i watched, was about 10 and quite enjoyed it tbh, mainly because it was outside like WM28.

To be honest, WM9 is a guilty pleasure of mine, as well! Being about 8 at the time, I recall most of my favourite wrestlers were involved in that showpiece event. I also wanted to see how the Giant Gonzalez/UT match would pan out. But I s'pose, in hindsight, that they could've done a lot better. When you're not facing stiff competition from WCW, you're not really going to challenge yourself!

Maybe it's the fact that it WAS outside, and that it was a great year otherwise ('93, the cup double!) that's clouding my judgement, but I still think WM11 and WM14 are worse.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 05:18 PM
11 was awesome

Pamela Anderson :bow:

Jenny McCarthy :bow:

The football lot :bow:

Which one was 14? Austin v HBK with Tyson? Other than that match, i dont know what else happened :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
The first 'Taker vs Kane match was at WM14. Three tombstones. :bow:

New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlier in a Dumpster match. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 05:25 PM
11 was awesome

Pamela Anderson :bow:

Jenny McCarthy :bow:

The football lot :bow:

Which one was 14? Austin v HBK with Tyson? Other than that match, i dont know what else happened :lol:

14 was rubbish, got 12-17 on DVD WM Anthology and 14 is boring.

Only remember JR shouting Ausitin wins loads of times almost as embaressing as him shouting " He did it", " He did it"," He did it"," He did it"

When Breat beat Yokozuna for the titleat WM10.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 05:25 PM
13 and 14 was around the time i quit watching wrestling. Missed the screwjob cos of it :doh:

Got back in to it end of 1998 though with the rise of the corporation and the attitude era and watched it since

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 05:41 PM
The first 'Taker vs Kane match was at WM14. Three tombstones. :bow:New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlier in a Dumpster match. :lol:

Watching it now is painful to watch lol, Kane was not all that scary as he seemed at the time. Thought it was funny seeing Pete Rose get toombstoned by him lol.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah Kane was booked as being more indestructible than Taker was back in 1990. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah Kane was booked as being more indestructible than Taker was back in 1990. :lol:

Yep :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Brock fucked up Cena within a few seconds! :haha:

Rors
10-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Brock needs to work on his promos (at the same time he's hitting the treadmill :lol: ).That one with Matthews was hewn from the finest teak. Right decision to have him take on Cena at the April PPV*, shades of Rock-Goldberg at Backlash '03. Brings in the 'big name' in a big debut against a 'big star', whilst 12 months out from the next Mania.

*From a business/logical booking standpoint, if not an artistic/workrate one :lol:

Marc Overmars
10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I gather this Extreme Rules PPV is a card of gimmick matches?

Should be a good main event. :popcorn:

Rors
When you're laid off work for the week, you tend to do strange things. I am indulging one of those now, by watching (selections from!!!) Wrestlemania VIII on YT :lol: . Got Heenan to help me through the fallow periods..

Rors
I gather this Extreme Rules PPV is a card of gimmick matches?

Should be a good main event. :popcorn:

:good:

Rors
10-04-2012, 09:08 PM
"I think you should go and see your occulist, Brain"
"There's nothing wrong with my feet!"

:bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2012, 09:15 PM
When you're laid off work for the week, you tend to do strange things. I am indulging one of those now, by watching (selections from!!!) Wrestlemania VIII on YT :lol: . Got Heenan to help me through the fallow periods..

Papa Shango. :bow:

Rors
10-04-2012, 09:17 PM

Mistiming his run-in and all. His voodoo magic failed him there alright. That's why Sid had to kick out of the leg-drop. I'm sure Terry was fine with it in the dressing-room afterwards though ( <_< )

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Somehow that managed to makes its way to the main event when Flair vs Savage for the title did not. No idea how!

Also, Smackdown is on live tonight. 80's themed, I think. Or at least featuring old school guys.

Rors
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh great, Ray "After the bell!" Combs...

Cripps_orig
10-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Wasnt Wrestlemania VIII classed as having a double main event?

Anyway just watched Raw.

Punk and Jericho :bow:

3 stooges :doh:

Although cos of them, we did hear arguably the greatest entrance music of all time. Real American :bow:

Il be at the newxt Raw show. Hope Brocks there

KSE Comedy Club
11-04-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm just wondering what exactly is the plan for cena?

They seem to be all but hanging him out to dry. The fans hardly give a shit about him anymore and now brocks back to slap him around.

I reckon he may be getting some away time soon, maybe a reinvention too.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Cena still gets massive reactions (mostly negative) and merch sales (that new green monstrosity t-shirt has sold very well). I think his character is undergoing change though, for sure.

As for WMVIII yes it was a double main event but what was the last match on the card was not exactly a dream match. I mean you could understand Hogan v Rock being the last match, not that it actually was but Hogan vs Sid, over the World Title match? :lol:

Also, Flair did quite the blade job that night. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Smackdown was horrific.

Rors
11-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Excellent point on the Scott Keith blogs about this week's SD. Since they went PG, the WWE have been effectively marketing to kids. So as such - and especially given SD attracts a younger audience then even RAW does - why the hell should the attendees care about Ted Dibiase showing up, or an edition of Piper's Pit, or Jimmy Hart squabbling with Mick Foley? No wonder it sounded like a morgue at times.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Why has Vince gone PG?

Pressure from TV or personal choice?

Rors
11-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Also, Flair did quite the blade job that night. :lol:

he did indeed. Bret/Piper managed to convince Vince the blood in their match was hardway(it wasn't).Flair came clean however, and was very nearly sacked for it. Vince - perhaps understandably - didn't think his WWE Champion wearing the crimson mask* would be a good image with the sex/Dr Zahorian scandals bubbling under the surface.

*Or in Flair's case, virtually dying his hair with the stuff ( :wacko: )

--

Sid Eudy has headlined two Wrestlemanias. Just think about that :lol:

Marc Overmars
11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Why has Vince gone PG?

Pressure from TV or personal choice?

Money probably. Sponsors are more likely to affiliate themselves with the company if it's not too edgy and controversial. Kids also buy all sorts of shit.

After the Benoit incident they're big on welfare now as well, and I guess it's much safer to produce something PG than half the shit that went on during the attitude era.

Rors
11-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Money probably. Sponsors are more likely to affiliate themselves with the company if it's not too edgy and controversial. Kids also buy all sorts of shit.

After the Benoit incident they're big on welfare now as well, and I guess it's much safer to produce something PG than half the shit that went on during the attitude era.

I think they'd been planning it for a while, but the Benoit thing forced their hand (although even then it took 14 months).

Flavs
11-04-2012, 11:20 AM

Shame its dull as fuck though

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 11:25 AM
he did indeed. Bret/Piper managed to convince Vince the blood in their match was hardway(it wasn't).Flair came clean however, and was very nearly sacked for it. Vince - perhaps understandably - didn't think his WWE Champion wearing the crimson mask* would be a good image with the sex/Dr Zahorian scandals bubbling under the surface.

*Or in Flair's case, virtually dying his hair with the stuff ( :wacko: )

--

Sid Eudy has headlined two Wrestlemanias. Just think about that :lol:

I suppose in a feud where the heel says he has photos of Elizabeth from a centrefold, it's going to indicate the other guy wanting to bloody him up.

Sid's match with Undertaker was terrible. :lol: Still, at least he lost the belt then.

Can't think of Sid without thinking of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhGF4C_GjQY

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Shame its dull as fuck though

Maybe. It will probably change again when the kids they are marketing themselves on now become teenagers, the ones that have grown up with the product.

Flavs
11-04-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhGF4C_GjQY

:haha:

:lol:

Rors
11-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Sid :haha: He was shooting there alright :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Smackdown was horrific.

What happend ?, not that SD has not been that way for a while now anyways lol.

Rors
11-04-2012, 04:47 PM
What happend ?, not that SD has not been that way for a while now anyways lol.

Not much. As this proves - http://www.rspwfaq.net/2012/04/smarkdown-rant041012.html

--

Back to 09/10 PPV Matches DVD. Pre-amble for Punk - Hardy at Summerslam '09 TLC now(not previously seen this one). Seems odd watching Punk promoting Straight Edge from the heel side these days!

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
And funnier still seeing him now say he never tried to stop anyone from doing what they want to do. :lol:

Rors
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Just finished the Orton - Cena 'I Quit' From Breaking Point '09. My criticisms of it on these pages at the time still very much stand. I.e for 17 of the match's 19 minutes Orton handed Cena's arse to him (including incredibly stiff Singapore Cane shots, and credit to Cena for taking those), Cena then grabs the key, uncuffs himself, hauls Orton back in, effectively no-sells an RKO, then wins via cuff-assisted STF whilst Orton tries to nab the key back.

Cena......

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
WM16 was quite a good one tbh.

HHHvs the RockVs Foley Vs Bigshow for the title lol with Vince screwing the rock and all the McMahons getting Rockbottomed excpet linda, and steph got the peoples elbow lol.

Also was the Kurt vs Benoit vs Jericio For both the Intercontiental and European titles lol.

WM 17 was good too Vince Screwing the rock again and team up with Austin :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
To be honest, WM9 is a guilty pleasure of mine, as well! Being about 8 at the time, I recall most of my favourite wrestlers were involved in that showpiece event. I also wanted to see how the Giant Gonzalez/UT match would pan out. But I s'pose, in hindsight, that they could've done a lot better. When you're not facing stiff competition from WCW, you're not really going to challenge yourself!

Maybe it's the fact that it WAS outside, and that it was a great year otherwise ('93, the cup double!) that's clouding my judgement, but I still think WM11 and WM14 are worse.

Giant Gonzalez had to be one of the worst giants in the buisness of all time. no wonder Vince gotrid of this guy.

OMG OMG those were the days lol

Flavs
13-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Wasn't Wrestlemania 9 the one in Vegas? Where Bret Hart and Yokuzuna (RIP :rose) had a very good main event only for Hulk "biggest ****ing twat ever" to come down to ringside and leg drop big Rodney and take the title, you know completely ignoring the fact there was no match booked and it made no sense at all. (Pretty much like Hogans entire WWF career really)

Flavs
13-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Sorry wasn't Papa Shango the same bloke as the Godfather?

Choo-choo

Rors
13-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Correct on all counts Flavs.

-

There's a -kayfabe of course - interview with Bret on the History Of Wrestlemania VHS* in which he talks about trying to get Yokozuna tired in that match, and if you watch it that's definitely the angle they try to take. I think with that approach in mind, it comes across as better than the WMX one actually (although in both cases the endings are dumb, even by New Generation standards).

* "Who knows, maybe there'll be a Wrestlemania on the moon one day" - Vince (inevitably)

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Shame Russo isn't around, we could've had a flag that is moving that allegedly isn't supposed to match.

Rors
13-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Shame Russo isn't around, we could've had a flag that is moving that allegedly isn't supposed to match.

:lol: "on a pole"

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Pink slip on a pole. :bow:

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Any news on what the likely card is for Raw on Monday?

Would Brock have traveled to Europe?

Last year, i saw R-Truth turn heel. Hope this is when we see Cena do likewise

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 11:58 AM
CM Punk vs Mark Henry no DQ. The other matches will be short and not so sweet I imagine.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Wasn't Wrestlemania 9 the one in Vegas? Where Bret Hart and Yokuzuna (RIP :rose) had a very good main event only for Hulk "biggest ****ing twat ever" to come down to ringside and leg drop big Rodney and take the title, you know completely ignoring the fact there was no match booked and it made no sense at all. (Pretty much like Hogans entire WWF career really)

Yes it was, but i suppose if you were young when you watched it live like me. I was 9 and the Baddy Yoko losing the title to Hulk was amazing then.

Now i'd agree it sucks and Hulk lost the belt a month later anyways at KOTR.

Think i might buy WM anthology 1-11 tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 03:57 PM
At Monday's Raw SuperShow at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C., WWE had arena security confiscate signs referencing Lord Tensai's past characters—Prince Albert, Albert and A-Train. The signs were taken away prior to his match against Yoshi Tatsu. During the bout, the crowd could be heard chanting "Albert," which Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler did not acknowledge.
While Cole referred to Lord Tensai as a returning WWE Superstar in his Raw SuperShow debut last week, there has not been any specific references made to any of his former personas on television. However, WWE.com has acknowledged that he previously competed as Albert and A-Train before "embarking on a journey of self-discovery in Japan."

-- The official website of the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri is advertising Raw SuperShow on July 23, 2012 as the historic 1000th episode of the program. The start time is set for 6:15 p.m., which suggests it will be a three-hour episode.

-- WWE returns to the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. on Saturday, December 29, 2012. It will be a Raw SuperShow taping airing on New Year's Eve. Tickets officially go on sale this Saturday via Ticketmaster.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0412/551720/#ixzz1rw89Gf9H

Never knew Albert was back.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 10:54 PM

Never knew Albert was back.You havent seen Raw last few weeks?

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Kurt Angles Olympic dream is dead

London 2012 :rose:

​http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4255224/Injury-ends-Kurt-Angles-Olympic-dream.html

Olivier's xmas twist
14-04-2012, 12:30 AM
You havent seen Raw last few weeks?

No, Just watch the endings or hilights on bottom line. its only on friday i saw raw on sky sports and saw him lol.

Watched SD tonight was what all the fuss was about lol.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2012, 01:33 AM
I dont watch SD but do Raw wrestlers appear on that regularly like SD ones do on Raw?

Also the draft should be soon. Maybe even on the 23rd

Rors
14-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I dont watch SD but do Raw wrestlers appear on that regularly like SD ones do on Raw?

Also the draft should be soon. Maybe even on the 23rd

Ah yes, the draft. Which they will stick to for about 2 weeks :lol:

--

Have a good time at the RAW show, you'll probably get a big-names tag dark match after the recording too.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Last 2 events i went to, i saw Cena and Orton v Miz and Punk and a huge 4 v 4 match with all the major babyfaces taking on the main heels. Ended with the good guys doing all their finishing moves on Dolph Ziggler plus Hulks, Macho Mans etc finishing moves as well

Pretty good.

Cant believe some people actually leave early during wrestling as well :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-04-2012, 10:31 AM
I dont watch SD but do Raw wrestlers appear on that regularly like SD ones do on Raw?Also the draft should be soon. Maybe even on the 23rd

Yeah the ones like Del rio and Zac,Ziggler/Swagger but the ones like Cena/Brock/Punk/Jerico don't.

SD is rubbish and needs a bost deffro need to put a few more stars to make it better instead of mking it a better version of Superstars.

Marc Overmars
14-04-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't mind the brand split but I think it should be done properly, like in the early days. The only time there were interpromotional matches was at WM. The Royal Rumble was also the only other time the roster would be in the same ring together.

I haven't watched Smackdown for god knows how long but I get the impression it's a bit lame now because all the huge storylines are on Raw and their best stars also appear on Raw anyway.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Just go back to how it was.

Same wrestlers on both shows

Rors
14-04-2012, 12:17 PM
In the Bragging Rights match in '09 (fresh in my mind as I re-watched it on the 09-10 DVD yesterday), you had both babyfaces and heels in the Raw/Smackdown team, which is fair enough. However, the contest ended when Big Show (heel at the time) turned on and chokeslammed Kofi. If the characters themselves don't care about the brand split, why should we?

i still agree with the idea of it, but it gets too watered-down. As the old saying goes - shit or get off the pot.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Just go back to how it was.

Same wrestlers on both shows

This, but having to heavyweight champs means they kind of have to have to showa with each champ having their own storyline.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2012, 11:27 PM
The person i was supposed to go Raw with cant make it and ive already got the tickets.

£40 down the drain unless i find someone else but its unlikely as no one really likes wrestling enough to pay for a ticket.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Damm that sucks. Well there is always Ebay, id would say try and sell to someone on here in the ticket exchange thing, but i doubt you have any luck.

Rors
16-04-2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/16/lembit-opik-wrestling_n_1427648.html?1334567408 What a seller :lol:

Rors
16-04-2012, 09:59 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/16/lembit-opik-wrestling_n_1427648.html?1334567408 What a seller :lol:

Best(worst) part, his attempt at the "come on then you then son of a bitch" 'point of doom' at 3:58 :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Please feed him to Brock tonight. :pray:

Rors
16-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Please feed him to Brock tonight. :pray:

And maybe a Ken/Boris 'contract signing'... :pray:

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Raw tonight :dance:

I had to print the tickets out though. Does it matter if its in colour or black or white?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 12:09 PM

I had to print the tickets out though. Does it matter if its in colour or black or white?

when is the one your going to shown on tv?

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:10 PM
when is the one your going to shown on tv?2am tonight

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 12:11 PM

As long you have booking confirmation to show them you should be fine. And ID, possibly.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 12:14 PM
2am tonight

Cheers should be a good card. I know Cena and Puk are teaming up.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Cheers should be a good card. I know Cena and Puk are teaming up.Punk has a match v Henry

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:24 PM
As long you have booking confirmation to show them you should be fine. And ID, possibly.I have the receipt printed out which is guess should be ok.

ID is a Must Take. Probably wont need it but id rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Punk has a match v Henry

Maybe its Orton then.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Might buy a Cena t-shirt and wear it.

I'll be the oldest Cena fan there. Hopefully enough to get me on tv and Vince likes the way i look and hires me.

Me v Lesnar Wrestlmania 29

Vince make it happen

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 02:52 PM

I'll be the oldest Cena fan there. Hopefully enough to get me on tv and Vince likes the way i look and hires me.

Vince make it happen

Well seen as Cena fans are about 10 and younger its not that hard.

Though a 15 year old Cena fan would be a 1st. Maybe when Vince See'e you he may decide cena can appeal to the teens after all and make him more Heel Cena.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 02:52 PM

Vince make it happen

I'll be in your corner.

Waiting to screw you. :coffee:

GP
16-04-2012, 02:58 PM
lol buttsecks

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I'll be in your corner.

Waiting to screw you. :coffee:

Thats what hotel rooms are for.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Thats what hotel rooms are for.Hotel room match?

A new concept?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 03:05 PM
lol buttsecks

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Walked right into that one.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Walked right into that one.

Poor Ach.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Charlie's Cousin. :bow:

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Waiting in a big ass queue at the O2. Gates don't open til half 6. Getting tired. Not as young and fit as I used to be

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 05:34 PM
From 411mania:

- WWE continues their European Tour with both Raw and Smackdown crews traveling to London, England for this week's Raw TV taping. Here is what is expected for tonight's show…

* WWE champion CM Punk vs. Mark Henry for the WWE Title is scheduled in a no DQ, no countout match.

* WWE is expected to set up the CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho at the Extreme Rules PPV.

* Brock Lesnar is not advertised for an overseas trip to London for the Raw taping, but WWE is expected to run an angle involving Lesnar and John Cena ahead of their PPV main event at Extreme Rules in two weeks.

* The dark match for tonight's live crowd is John Cena vs. Kane in a Last Man Standing match.

* Smackdown stars Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Big Show, and Cody Rhodes are advertised for the show.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 10:55 PM
What a night

Thank fuck i went to this and didnt stay home to watch Arsenal

WWE :bow:

Daniel Bryan :bow: That YES chant is awesome.

Crowd went nuts for CM Punk

Cena got the usual.

No Diva matches either unless you count the pre show which isnt televised.

Speaking of Divas, god damn that bint with Primo and Epico looks :yikes: in the flesh

Ending (not televised ending) but the dark match was great as expected.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 10:55 PM
From 411mania:4 out of 5 aint bad.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Two morons from the crowd ran in to the ring after the dark match. :lol:

How come they couldn't find Santino a recent Arsenal shirt? Still it was nice to see one from the 70's. :bow:

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I only recognised the Man Utd top he wore. Was sitting too far to see properly.

So i booed all of them

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I only recognised the Man Utd top he wore. Was sitting too far to see properly.

So i booed all of them

Was Eve there? did she do the buttshaking thing.

Is she at fit in real life as on screen.

what about Kane is he really Chillin.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Was Eve there? did she do the buttshaking thing. Yes although she had a match on Superstars, not on Raw. She appeared backstage on Raw with John Laurinaitus and Otunga. What thing? When shes in the corner and stick her ass in to her opponents face and shakes it? No but Kelly Kelly did it to her

Is she at fit in real life as on screen.

I would say no to her or Kelly Kelly tbh but that Rosa bint was "god damn id bend her over and fuck her raw (pun intended)" worthy

what about Kane is he really Chillin.Define chilling? As in did we feel a chill when he came out? No. Well i didnt but my nephew jumped when the fireworks went off.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Yes although she had a match on Superstars, not on Raw. She appeared backstage on Raw with John Laurinaitus and Otunga. What thing? When shes in the corner and stick her ass in to her opponents face and shakes it? No but Kelly Kelly did it to her

I would say no to her or Kelly Kelly tbh but that Rosa bint was "god damn id bend her over and fuck her raw (pun intended)" worthy

Define chilling? As in did we feel a chill when he came out? No. Well i didnt but my nephew jumped when the fireworks went off.

Chlliing like a chill, scary like the UT.

Kelly kelly meh not bothered about her tbh.

Rors
17-04-2012, 11:59 AM
No dark Punk-actually-eating-fish-and-chips = no buys :lol:

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Then no. Im a bit too old for that tbh. Id be more scared of Isaac Yankem DDS tbh

Kelly Kelly and Eve are just run of the mill normal bimbos tbh

Still, we wouldnt say no

We'd say as a great man once said and as thousands continuously said last night "YES YES YES YES"

Daniel Bryan :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-04-2012, 12:03 PM
No dark Punk-actually-eating-fish-and-chips = no buys :lol:

Punch-up at the Chippy match. :bow:

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Did you guys watch the dark match at the end as well?

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:09 PM
One disappointment from last night was there was no Miz.

His banter with the crowd the 2 times i went last year was one of the highlights.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Did you guys watch the dark match at the end as well?

Nah, I haven't seen it yet. It will probably be posted online at some point.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:14 PM
The dark match was

Punk v Jericho for the title. No one thought Jericho was in the building. He only appeared on the Titantron during Raw so when his music hit, the place went mad. Match didnt last long and there was no winner as Daniel Bryan, Del Rio and Cody ran down to beat on Punk and Sheamus, Show and Orton ran down for the save.

Orton :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Then no. Im a bit too old for that tbh. Id be more scared of Isaac Yankem DDS tbh

Kelly Kelly and Eve are just run of the mill normal bimbos tbh

Still, we wouldnt say no

We'd say as a great man once said and as thousands continuously said last night "YES YES YES YES"

Daniel Bryan :bow:

Did you buy your Cena tshirt for you and the little one/s you took. Or any tee shirts and where they expensive.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Did you buy your Cena tshirt for you and the little one/s you took. Or any tee shirts and where they expensive.I was only kidding about that although the people in front of us had Cena t shirts on and they were grown men as well. My nephew still had his t shirt from last time so no point buying a new one at £25.

I did check the shop though to see what they had. They had Brock, Cena, Punk, Rey Mysterio (is he dead?) etc. No Rock though. Id have got one of his

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:22 PM
I was only kidding about that although the people in front of us had Cena t shirts on and they were grown men as well. My nephew still had his t shirt from last time so no point buying a new one at £25.

I did check the shop though to see what they had. They had Brock, Cena, Punk, Rey Mysterio (is he dead?) etc. No Rock though. Id have got one of his

Dude their is no shame in buying a team bring it shirt not matter how old you are lol.

if i took my Nephew id may have nought one of those lol.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 12:02 AM
THIS year's WrestleMania is set to break all records and become the most watched wrestling pay-per-view event in history.

WWE have announced that the show — which took place in front of over 78,000 people at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami — is estimated to have drawn 1.3 million buys around the world.

If that number proves to be correct then it will lead to a gross event sale of more than £42m, including ticket sales.

WrestleMania 28, which took on April 1, was a critical as well as commercial success. For the first time in years, the major critics gave it a general thumbs up.

The Rock v John Cena feud, which has its root in a 2008 SunSport interview with Cena, was the main attraction, but the show also featured stellar bouts between CM Punk and Chris Jericho, and legends Triple H and The Undertaker.

The previous highest buy rate for a grappling show came for WrestleMania 23, which was headlined by Cena v Shawn Michaels.

That event took place in 2007 and drew approximately 1.25m buys worldwide.

Wrestlemania 17, in Houston, was the first Mania to reach one million buys.

Since then five more Manias have topped the million mark, but none have exceeded the estimated figure for this year’s extravaganza.

Best WM of all time?

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 05:40 PM
STEVE AUSTIN reckons The Undertaker's Wrestlemania showdown against Triple H saved the event from being a flop.

Six-time WWE world champion Austin told SunSport: “‘I don’t watch all the WWE PPV events these days, but WrestleMania is always a must see.

"The Undertaker and Triple H match made it special. Going into it, I thought how will they better last year? How do you follow something like that?

“But they did. It was at about the 8-10 minute mark when I saw them dig beyond the solid work they had done and pull out all of the stops.

"Shawn Michaels was a real benefit there too. He was perfect in his referee role.

“I believe the match they had was off the charts. If it hadn’t been for it, the event would have failed. It was very average until then.”

Stone Cold added: “I felt bad for Daniel Bryan, as his match with Sheamus was so short and I really wanted him to get the chance to shine.

“He is a great kid and he can work, you just want to see him work and he didn’t get that chance there.

"I hope they use him better down the line as there aren’t a lot of guys that truly work like he does.

“Daniel does need some polishing on his promos, but then so do a lot of the guys there.

“There are a few prime spots for main eventers now and the WWE need to push some guys into them.

“They have Brock Lesnar back and he is a real monster, he also has his UFC success behind him too.

"He is right in at main event level. You have Cena there too and then they have very limited opponents. The job now is to move people to that position.”

Austin himself has been rumoured to return to the main event position for a one-off match, possibly against CM Punk at next year’s WrestleMania.

And although long-retired from in-ring action, Austin, 47, has hinted at returns in the past and enjoyed a playful war of words with Punk on Twitter.

He told us: “Maybe Punk’s not the guy to go against. He needs to pick up his intensity. We’ll have to see what I do, I’m happy now doing what I am.

“In a perfect world, where I could step back into the ring for one last match I would be willing to have that discussion with management.

“I do miss the business and working a live crowd, going out there and wrestling your hearts out.

"I’m still in contact with a few of the guys. I speak to Kevin Nash the most, Nash and I talk about once a week.

“I also keep in contact with Jericho, Punk and Cena, but not as often. I’m not a big phone or email guy and they are always on the road or doing their thing.”

Away from the ring, Austin is enjoying his new career as an action star with a string of movies under his belt.

His latest DVD/Blu-ray release is Recoil and sees him playing a man avenging the death of his wife and child. It’s a thirst for justice that the star sympathises with.

He said: “Recoil is certainly more violent and gritty than my previous movies. My character here is in a very dark place.

“I’m an eye for an eye kind of guy and I feel the justice system, at least here In the US, is too easy on guys who commit violent crimes.

“But I'm through with movies where my family die and I’m in a dark place.

“I want to move away from this type of role and get to exercise a personality.

"I’m working on a few things right now, so maybe you’ll see me doing comedy next — who knows?"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4266791/Mania-was-average-until-Taker-faced-Triple-H.html

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 09:56 AM
So Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli from Ring of Honor) made his TV debut on Smackdown.

His gimmick?

A European rugby player. :doh:

I must've woken up in 1995.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 09:58 AM
There was a European Rugby player gimmick in 1995? :unsure:

Anyway was there anything interesting on commentary this week on Raw? I was at the event so didnt hear Cole and the King and i cba watching it on Youtube having already seen all the matches

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 10:03 AM
:lol: No I mean, those kind of gimmicks. Thinking about it, it was 1996 when there was, The Goon. :lol:

Hockey. :bow:

And the only semi-interesting thing on commentary is when the King is talking through the different shirts Santino wears.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Does sound like a shit gimmick admittedly but then so did Funkasaurus and that **** is over with the fans big time

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Does sound like a shit gimmick admittedly but then so did Funkasaurus and that **** is over with the fans big time

Nout wrong with that tbh, just a bit of harmless fun, like Rakishi dancing was.

Rors
22-04-2012, 02:11 PM
So Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli from Ring of Honor) made his TV debut on Smackdown.

His gimmick?

A European rugby player. :doh:

I must've woken up in 1995.

"..and no doubt he will 'try' to defeat his opponent here tonight".

McNamara That Ghost...
22-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Vince wouldn't have had too much experience of those kinds of hookers...

Rors
22-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Er, Extreme Rules is PPV only over here?!

McNamara That Ghost...
22-04-2012, 06:04 PM
If true, it's payback for all the 'free' ones over here before. :lol:

I'll stream it in any case, I think.

Rors
22-04-2012, 06:06 PM
We'd better at least get one more to make up for it - Over The Limit perhaps.....

McNamara That Ghost...
22-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Probably. Bet they're still regretting Capitol Punishment being on PPV whilst Money In the Bank was not. :lol:

Rors
24-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Last week - a rugby player gimmick
This week - Somebody being stuffed into a freezer :lol:

"Anything can happen here....!"

Rors
24-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Shame they weren't over here this week too. They could have fed Jezza Hunt to Brock :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2012, 04:32 PM
RAW was hit and miss. Possibly not a huge surprise when Teddy Long introduces John Cena as the two time WWE champion and the 10-time H-WWE Champion! in the very first part of the show.

:doh:

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 04:37 PM
CM Punk :bow:

Is Extreme Rules on Sky Sports?

Rors
24-04-2012, 05:00 PM

No :banghead:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 05:07 PM
RAW was hit and miss. Possibly not a huge surprise when Teddy Long introduces John Cena as the two time WWE champion and the 10-time H-WWE Champion! in the very first part of the show.

Whats the teddy Losing his job all about, did he want to step down in rel life?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2012, 05:20 PM
It's just storyline, I mean, he was only ever a storyline GM.

Rors
24-04-2012, 05:23 PM
It's just storyline, I mean, he was only ever a storyline GM.

That's right playa. One they dragged out for 10 years and all :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Bet he couldn't believe his luck after being a ref.

Rors
26-04-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcRxwOp_tQ

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2012, 11:00 AM
The contract signing was shite too.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcRxwOp_tQ

The face-mapping cracks me up. Polygons. :bow:

GP
26-04-2012, 11:30 AM

The face-mapping cracks me up. Polygons. :bow:

The Stone Cold one looks pretty good :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Easier when you don't have any hair to think about I suppose!

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 11:54 AM
The contract signing was shite too.

:gp:

Rors
26-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Not bad selection here (no, not you WM 1/2) http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Tagged-Classics-Sale/page1.html

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2012, 01:39 PM
They should re-do an nWo DVD, the one there leaves a huge part of their history out, maybe they didn't want to portray them as weak whilst they were back.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I was watching Lesnar-Taker Hell in a Cell earlier. What a beast Brock was when he started.

Looking forward to seeing how he does against Cena.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Not bad selection here (no, not you WM 1/2) http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Tagged-Classics-Sale/page1.html

King of the Ring 96 :bow:

Owen Hart Comentary :bow:

King vs Warrior :lol:

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 11:43 PM
FORMER World Champion Rey Mysterio has been suspended for 60 days by WWE for a violation of the company’s Wellness Programme.

It is the second time the masked superstar has fallen foul of the policy, which forbids wrestlers for taking drugs for recreational use and tests for non-prescribed medication, including anabolic steroids.

Mysterio, 37, is currently sidelined with a knee injury, and has not appeared in a wrestling capacity on WWE TV since August last year.

However, he recently stated that he hoped to return in May. Due to this suspension, the earliest he could now return is June 25.

Mysterio, real name Oscar Gutierrez, was first suspended for a violation in August 2009. He received a 30-day ban as it was his first transgression.

On that occasion he told The Record in Mexico that he tested positive for a painkiller he was taking for arm and knee problems.

He argued that he was not given enough time to produce the prescription he had for the painkillers due to being on a promotion tour.

In 2007 Gutierrez was named, along with numerous other WWE stars, in a Sports Illustrated report which alleged numerous wrestlers had obtained subscriptions for steroids. The allegations pre-dated the introduction of the Wellness Policy.

Mysterio is a two-time World Champion, has held the WWE title once and has been Intercontinental champion twice. He held Tag team and cruiserweight gold in both WWE and WCW.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4281972/Rey-Mysterio-drugs-shock.html

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Forgot about this guy.

Rors
27-04-2012, 12:03 PM
King of the Ring 96 :bow:

Owen Hart Comentary :bow:

King vs Warrior :lol:

I think Rey may well be done now. Too many arguments over contracts along with double-wellness? He's Jeremy Hunt-ed over this.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I thought Rey had already done two suspensions? It's probably painkilling stuff, he's very beat-up I think.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Time to make Big show a heel again tbh. Bring the mean giant back

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 10:34 AM

Punk fucked up the abc thing and no one noticed he said S before T when counting backwards :lol:

Rors
29-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Punk fucked up the abc thing and no one noticed he said S before T when counting backwards :lol:

haha, yup :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Wonder if Jericho will work it in to being robbed of the title? :ninja:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Wonder if Jericho will work it in to being robbed of the title? :ninja:

If he did not bring it up then he never will lol.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Pre-show of Extreme Rules starts on Youtube at 00:30, Miz vs Santino on that.

I'll be watching it on a stream, hopefully it will be stable.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 08:53 PM
The one I found during WM was pretty good. As it was for WM last year infact. So from that I deduce WWE streams are much better than Football ones.

I'll Youtube or Daily Motion Lesnar-Cena tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can avoid the result.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Forgot about this

And no work tomorrow means streaming is likely if a good one can be found

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I'll be half asleep so I probably won't be posting anything about it until the morning, or whenever it is I get up. If I do though, it'll be in spoiler tags of course.

Hopefully firstrow will come to help out again.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 09:08 PM
How many PPV's do we get on Sky Sports these days or are they all on Box Office now?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 09:11 PM
About five or six in a year usually. The May PPV should be on Sky Sports (Elimination Chamber was the first this year).

Cripps_orig
29-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Line up plus predictions

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar (Extreme Rules Match) -Brock. Cant see him losing this although Cena losing another big match?

World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan (2-out-of-3 Falls Match) - Sheamus in the 3rd fall. Has a 2 out of 3 falls match ever not gone to a 3rd fall?

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Chicago Street Fight) - Punk. Can see his family being involved

Randy Orton vs. Kane (Falls Count Anywhere Match) - Orton after Cowboy Bob inteferes or even Paul Bearer

Intercontinental Champion Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes - Show

United States Champion Santino Marella vs. The Miz - Miz

Divas Champion Nikki Bella vs. Beth Phoenix - When did Nikki become champion? :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 09:23 PM
On RAW.

It's apparently a way of pre-empting Kharm's return, so they have someone to feed to her. The Bellas are apparently on their way out of the company anyway.

My predictions:

Lesnar.
Sheamus.
Punk.
Orton.
Cody Rhodes.
Santino
Nikki Bella.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Pre-show of Extreme Rules starts on Youtube at 00:30, Miz vs Santino on that.

I'll be watching it on a stream, hopefully it will be stable.

The miz :rose:

Mike must have pissed someone off.

1st they put him on Superstarts facing riley now he don't make the main show of the PPV.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 09:34 PM

Yeah his star has fallen pretty hard in the space of one year. Impressive.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 09:41 PM
John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar (Extreme Rules Match) Cena for me, maybe he will get help from someone or supercena will come out.
World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan (2-out-of-3 Falls Match) - Sheamus - Aj to screw Bryan

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Chicago Street Fight) - Jerico for me 1 title will change hands this will be it.

Randy Orton vs. Kane (Falls Count Anywhere Match) - Orton

Intercontinental Champion Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes - Show

United States Champion Santino Marella vs. The Miz -Satino

Divas Champion Nikki Bella vs. Beth Phoenix - Beth for me because of what Maccy posted about the Bella's.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 09:43 PM
About five or six in a year usually. The May PPV should be on Sky Sports (Elimination Chamber was the first this year).

Bring back WWE on Channel 4 tbf.

Lol.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Heat. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Bring back WWE on Channel 4 tbf.

Lol.

What WWe was on CH 4 ?

Cripps_orig
29-04-2012, 09:48 PM
What WWe was on CH 4 ?Yup

Even had a Royal Rumble on it

Cant remember what else.

Dont even remember the year

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah they had the Royal Rumble 2000.

With ad breaks. :lol:

I thought Heat was a good show though, especially prior to PPV's because they normally built on storylines during it.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Yup

Cant remember what else.

Yeah now i remember taping the rumble can't remenber the date either lol.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah they had the Royal Rumble 2000.

With ad breaks. :lol:

I thought Heat was a good show though, especially prior to PPV's because they normally built on storylines during it.

Sunday night Heat followed by the PPV was awesome tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 09:59 PM

Yeah his star has fallen pretty hard in the space of one year. Impressive.

Well if it keeps going this way he'll be in TNA very soon.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Decided I might stream a bit of this, even though I'll probably fall asleep. They're gimmick matches at least and should have some good spots I hope.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 11:42 PM
The crowds in Chicago are always brilliant.

First match just finished in the pre-show. Santino won.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Stipulation decided for Rhodes - Show Tables match. I bloody hate these kind of matches.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Need links.

First Row aint working for some reason for me

McNamara That Ghost...
30-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Kane vs Orton first up. Love Falls Count Anywhere matches - this is a bit like the Savage vs Crush match from WMX opening a PPV.

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 12:26 AM
I love Booker T's commentary. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Shuckyducky!

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 12:48 AM
What a naff end to that match.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-04-2012, 12:51 AM
It's to play up Big Show's embarrassing moments I guess. Anyway, that's why I hate those matches!

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Who the hell are these pub teamers?

McNamara That Ghost...
30-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Proper pub teamers. They do that on Smackdown every week now too.

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 02:52 AM
What a load of BS.

Cena gets destroyed, pretty much a squash match for the best part, yet he still wins.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-04-2012, 02:58 AM
SuperCena rides again. Although not sure what that ending promo was all about.

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Also, can Lesnar even wrestle anymore? :lol:

Or is he just going to kick the fuck out of everyone UFC style.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-04-2012, 10:06 AM
I suppose it's the best way with all this 'legitimise' stuff. He can probably do a few mat moves, like you would do in UFC.

Cripps_orig
30-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Fell asleep

Didnt even last one match

Read the results.

Seems a bit shit

Olivier's xmas twist
30-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Suprise suprise super cena won just like i said lol.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Leyla back wtf.

Rors
30-04-2012, 03:56 PM
FFS.

Ernesto
30-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Yup

Cant remember what else.

They had a few good'uns y'know.

That PPV, 'Invasion', I think it was. With the Inaugral Brawl. Where Austin was Team WWF until he screwed them and turned WCW.

Also, the one in which Jericho, verbatim 'defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock on THE SAME NIGHT!' Vengeance, was it?

Ahh, halcyon days.

GP
30-04-2012, 04:05 PM
SuperCena :bow:

Arguably the best ever.

KSE Comedy Club
30-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm quite happy that he won it tbh.

Cena would be great if he dumped all the saluting shit and just turned into angry cena

Olivier's xmas twist
30-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm quite happy that he won it tbh.

Cena would be great if he dumped all the saluting shit and just turned into angry cena

Don't mind him winning, but him taking a beating then turning all super Cena is just a piss take tbh lol.

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah exactly. You can count on one hand the amount of moves Cena managed to stick on Lesnar but we're supposed to believe he found to strength finish him off! :lol:

He's out with an injury now, so it would have been perfect have him destroyed AND lose. That way they could run a believable "will we ever see Cena again" etc angle.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing who Brock is going to kill next. :popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Whats this about Cena leaving for a bit i heard somewhere?

Cripps_orig
30-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah exactly. You can count on one hand the amount of moves Cena managed to stick on Lesnar but we're supposed to believe he found to strength finish him off! :lol:

He's out with an injury now, so it would have been perfect have him destroyed AND lose. That way they could run a believable "will we ever see Cena again" etc angle.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing who Brock is going to kill next. :popcorn:Orton apparentl

Olivier's xmas twist
01-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing who Brock is going to kill next& :popcorn:

HHH apprently.

Rors
01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
If that's the best they can do for Cena, then he really should have taken some time off after ER after all...

Rors
01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Jim Ross ‏ @JRsBBQ Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Dastardly/cowardly/embarrassing RT @CenaFanForLife: @JRsBBQ What is your opiniun about John Laurinits assault to Injured Cena last night???

:blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Is JR Charlie in disguise?

Olivier's xmas twist
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Is JR Charlie in disguise?

Heyyy :censored:

Cripps_orig
02-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Just seen Raw

:blink:

Marc Overmars
02-05-2012, 06:41 PM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/aftermath/files/2012/04/the-rock-wahlberg.jpg

Think Rocky has been hitting the protein shakes?

Or something else? :ninja:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Just seen raw John laryngitis :wacko:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/aftermath/files/2012/04/the-rock-wahlberg.jpg

Think Rocky has been hitting the protein shakes?

Or something else? :ninja:

He has been inflated.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
No way They let a SD Superstar win the WWE belt right.

When is the draft?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-05-2012, 11:01 PM
There isn't one. No need for it anymore really.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Not a huge amount on RAW happened.

Though Paul Heyman returned. :bow:

Over The Limit will indeed be on Sky Sports.

Rors
08-05-2012, 07:09 PM
A comment on the Scott Keith Blog that made me laugh, mainly because it represents my views entirely!:

Yes. I'm so bothered by the "let's make the main event in the first twenty minutes of the show" nonsense. WTF was the kayfabe plan when they showed up to Omaha, or Milwaukee, or Orange County, or Portland, ME?

"Hey, we only have like one match tonight, boss."

"Don't worry. I'm kind of a dick, I'm sure someone will rile me up enough to hastily book a bunch of handicap and non-title bouts."

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2012, 08:13 PM

They re-wrote RAW three times on the same day apparently.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-05-2012, 08:17 PM

They re-wrote RAW three times on the same day apparently.

I dread to think how bad this weeks Smackdown will be then :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
09-05-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm really starting to go off raw at the moment.

The stories are fucking wank, John cockenitus is fucking lame, and I'm already bored of Brock lesnar.

He isn't a wrestler anymore, I just don't see the point in him being there.

Even the actual wrestling matches are tame in comparison to what they used I be like.

It needs a huge overhaul, something interesting to happen.

I'm just getting fed up with it, ever since the end of ECW and WCW it's been going downhill, it just doesn't have the motivation of good competition anymore.

Ernesto
10-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I know wrestling ain't real and all that, (and I'm already embarrassed about asking this) but did Lesnar really do something to Levesque's arm? (i.e. break it)

Reason I ask is, it seemed a little weird to edit the move out in re-runs of Raw/Bottom Line.

Can't help but feel a bit Robert Webb-y as I ask the question :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNgmdGMpuY

McNamara That Ghost...
10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I don't think so, if he was legitimately hurt you probably would've seen the 'x' signal. They did make it look like he had moved it where it wasn't supposed to be though.

Plus he made an appearance with Floyd Mayweather afterwards, in a sling. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm really starting to go off raw at the moment.

The stories are fucking wank, John cockenitus is fucking lame, and I'm already bored of Brock lesnar.

He isn't a wrestler anymore, I just don't see the point in him being there.

Even the actual wrestling matches are tame in comparison to what they used I be like.

It needs a huge overhaul, something interesting to happen.

I'm just getting fed up with it, ever since the end of ECW and WCW it's been going downhill, it just doesn't have the motivation of good competition anymore.

Raw is getting shiter and shiter tbh.

And also may i just add.

John cockenitus :haha: :haha: :haha:

that is all .

Olivier's xmas twist
11-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Not a huge amount on RAW happened.

Though Paul Heyman returned. :bow:

Over The Limit will indeed be on Sky Sports.

Big waste of time him returning offeref nothing tbh. Im guessing Brock should be back next week then.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-05-2012, 11:15 AM
No, he was only signed to a contract of limited appearances - this is just long term stuff so they can have him more regularly in the lead-up to SummerSlam (probably against HHH).

On Heyman, something will probably happen with Punk. He is the only remaining guy named by Punk in that promo not to have appeared on TV, until now.

Rors
13-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Yep, there's no way Brock would have agreed to a full-time contract. Too many chances there of picking up injuries should he decide to return to UFC after next year's WM (highly likely I would imagine).

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 11:03 PM
He'd probably want one last big payday there probably, true.

Cripps_orig
14-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Just watched last weeks Raw

A bit shit

KSE Comedy Club
15-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Just watching raw.

You thought last weeks was bad? The opening 10 mins has been dogshit.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Apart from the intrigue with Punk and AJ and what Heyman said the promos were bad. The matches were decent though. Jeebus, I'd advise you don't watch the closing segment.

Rors
15-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Not good, not good at all. Looks clear to me that Big Show will cost Cena the match against Johnny Ace, turning him heel for the 38394759th time. Because the world needs a Cena-Show feud, it's been eight years since the last one after all <_<

Heyman might well be around for a while though. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Cena chokeslammed through a spotlight. :bow:

:pray: