PDA

View Full Version : match reaction v citeh

Bumble
29-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Much improved second half, we are good at home only villa and dortmund have won at the Emirates.

Good effort but odd celebrating a draw.

ARightTouch
29-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Much improved second half, we are good at home only villa and dortmund have won at the Emirates.

Good effort but odd celebrating a draw.

As much as anything I think we are celebrating the effort and are just relieved that there was no collapse after the 1st goal :lol:

Master Splinter
29-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Good effort from the team. The fact that we nearly beat them with half our team dead and no threat in the forward positions is pleasing.

Could have done with Oxlade and maybe Gnabry coming on earlier while we were on top.

Improved game from the defence and Cazorla in the second half. Rosicky excellent all game.

Hopefully this decent result and solid performance will stabilise us for the last few games and ensure we're relatively confident for the FA Cup game/s.

Marc Overmars
29-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Didn't see the game.

Sounds like we had a bit of life in us though.

Meh. All about making it FA Cup #11.

Come on you Gunners.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Beat Everton and we've come through the death run ok. :scarf:

Although Everton will magically gain five points from that game according to David Jones on SS1.

Özim
29-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Decent result and performance today, too little too late though and still haven't beaten one of the big boys.

Thought City were average today, our best chance to beat them.

ARightTouch
29-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Beat Everton and we've come through the death run ok. :scarf:

Really? :lol:

Slacker
29-03-2014, 07:42 PM

?

ARightTouch
29-03-2014, 07:46 PM
?

I think the death run might still cost us

I suppose beating Everton makes it ok if all you are after is 4th place

LDG
29-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Decent result and performance today, too little too late though and still haven't beaten one of the big boys.

Thought City were average today, our best chance to beat them.

What about Liverpool?

Slacker
29-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I think the death run might still cost us

I suppose beating Everton makes it ok if all you are after is 4th place

If we can't beat anyone above us (apart from L'pool at home and then they mullered us away) what can we expect? Citeh, Chelsea and Liverpool have wanked over us this season, do we deserve to finish above them???

Özim
29-03-2014, 07:48 PM
What about Liverpool?

Oh yeah sorry that was the 1 win in 16 games against the top 4 sides.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-03-2014, 07:49 PM

Yes. I presume you thought we'd get less points from it than we actually did.

LDG
29-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Oh yeah sorry that was the 1 win in 16 games against the top 4 sides.

Won one, drawn two at home against them. Not too bad.

Away form has been poorly managed IMO.

Bumble
29-03-2014, 07:50 PM
What about Liverpool?
That was probably the best we played all season. Didn't give them a sniff.

Slacker
29-03-2014, 07:52 PM
AW looks like the cat that got the cream. Hopefully the 4th place trophy is ours...

Newguy
29-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Expected a loss so happyvwith a point but I just think what could have been if we had a striker upfront today...the Swansea game also looks like an even more f up as as crazy as it sounds wed still be in he mix now.

Rosicky was outstanding today. This guys is a constant reminder of the way EVERYONE in the side used to play during the good times.

Flamini shows that determination every game and took the chance well.

Difficult playing with out a striker until sanogo came on...

Bumble
29-03-2014, 07:55 PM
We have 9 points from last 8 games so not exactly title challenging form.

Özim
29-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Rosicky was lucky to stay on but it swings in roundabouts, in the 1st game people blamed decisions going against us for the loss, in the one we had some favourable decisions, that's what happens in football.

1st game they were the better team, in this game we edged it but a draw was probably fair enough in the end.

Özim
29-03-2014, 08:04 PM
We have 9 points from last 8 games so not exactly title challenging form.

Yeah the tough runs of games in December and February/March were a disaster, ultimately that's where we lost it, in those runs of games against the big boys.

Slacker
29-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Rosicky was lucky to stay on but it swings in roundabouts, in the 1st game people blamed decisions going against us for the loss, in the one we had some favourable decisions, that's what happens in football.

1st game they were the better team, in this game we edged it but a draw was probably fair enough in the end.

Silva was lucky to stay on but we had no chance with that cnt Dean as referee. Surprised he didn't send off Tommy.

fakeyank
29-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Need to wrap up 4th place trophy soon.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Marc Overmars
29-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah the tough runs of games in December and February/March were a disaster, ultimately that's where we lost it, in those runs of games against the big boys.

Yep. Our form against the top half sides in general has been the undoing, a shame really after how we were dispatching many of the weaker sides which gave us such a great platform. The doubters were right in fairness but fuck it, hopefully we can at least put the no trophies line to bed this season.

ARightTouch
29-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes. I presume you thought we'd get less points from it than we actually did.

I think the death run lived up to its name, as it normally does with us. :crying:

Completely killed our confidence, and killed us as any sort of force to be reckoned with.

If you are looking solely at points, then we have done ok. You would have expected us to beat Man Utd at home though??

McNamara That Ghost...
29-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I think the death run lived up to its name, as it normally does with us. :crying:

Completely killed our confidence, and killed us as any sort of force to be reckoned with.

If you are looking solely at points, then we have done ok. You would have expected us to beat Man Utd at home though??

Yeah and I would have thought we wouldn't win at WHL given we hadn't done so for a considerable time. I think being five point behind Chelsea with just Everton to go is not bad, even though we didn't actually win many games in that time.

ARightTouch
29-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Yeah and I would have thought we wouldn't win at WHL given we hadn't done so for a considerable time. I think being five point behind Chelsea with just Everton to go is not bad, even though we didn't actually win many games in that time.

I'll give you that one at WHL, that was sweet.

Though this is what our expectations have come to, before the death run we are firmly in the title race, after the death run we are out of the title race our confidence has been shot to bits but apparently we have done ok?? This is why I disagree, but lets see what we dish up vs Everton.

Niall_Quinn
29-03-2014, 08:51 PM
We shared the spoils in the first half, their fluked effort separated the teams. Dean bottled the big decision of the match by refusing to send Silva off for a nasty studs up lunge. Second half we took them to the cleaners, pocketed Toure, hassled Silva until he quit and hid, made that so-called player of the year bloke they have in midfield look like a pubber. Dzeko and the hyped Negredo were kept quiet without much fuss. Sagna, Cazorla, Rosicky and Flamini all stepped up in the second half to boss proceedings. With a better striker (or indeed a striker) up top we might have bagged a nice haul against a defence that was comical at times. I expect Liverpool to blow these gypos away given they have in abundance what we lack up top, the pace and the firepower. Which was our only real negative. Giroud was worthless. Sanogo immediately started winning challenges as soon as he came on. Bif is already on holiday and shouldn't be played again. Shame it wasn't a deserved 3 points but certainly a good enough result to steady the ship.

Niall_Quinn
29-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Also, heavily biased Sky commentators were awful.

Niall_Quinn
29-03-2014, 08:56 PM
More of this required for the remainder:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/29/article-2592203-1CAC46B800000578-415_634x495.jpg

Injury Time
29-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Wasn't expected to come home frustrated that we didn't win. Officials were shit, linesman North Bank End looked at Dean every fucking time before moving his flag, and Dean gonna Dean trying to nullify Rosicky.
Rosicky just awesome, Pod was trying forward and back :faint:, Verm has been rebooted to a resemblance of his good form of old, Merts has been on the go forward pills, Gibbs is definitely improving just little bit improvement final ball plz, Santi was fired up I hope they show his mugging of 3 of their midfielders reminded me Pires mugging Vieira in chumps league. Giroud was dogshit, that sort of slimy smelly dogshit that is so bad if it got in your car you'd have to set fire to the fucker to get rid of the smell :sulk: what took long with the subs I don't know, we were flagging and really needed a lift. Did I mention Giroud was shit?
We need a striker.

Letters
29-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Only 833,333.33 miles away now :patrice:

IBK
29-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Face saver today. The kind of performance a 4th placed team should be able to muster. We do have some credentials - just not good enough to be champions.

selassie
29-03-2014, 11:27 PM
I thought we played well 2nd half, more of that and we'll def finish 4th, might even win the FA Cup too. ##

Munchies
30-03-2014, 12:15 AM
First half was shit.

Second half alot better, players burst forward and provided options notably Flamini.

Podolski finally starting to have productive games too, assist and a goal last game, and an assist today.

GP
30-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Fully deserved a win today. The better side by a distance. Proud to be a gooner.

JonasTC
30-03-2014, 06:18 AM
Only saw the last 15min. looked pretty good, especially considering that we're missing all our key players.

AFC Leveller
30-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Ive missed 5 game this season and we didnt lose any of them.

Good performance, none of us expected us to get anything so the team has done well in that respect.

A win at Goodison would more or less seal our 4th place trophy.

Alpha
30-03-2014, 08:55 AM
That was a missed opportunity to close the gap . Man City is a great team but yesterday was a winnable game for the Arsenal . Overall , it was a good game to watch .
The only regret is Giroud . He is a very likable player . He works hard for the team. He tries his best and has a great attitude . But whatever he does is not good enough for the standard of Arsenal. It is a proof , sadly, he is not a top striker we are all looking for and will never push Arsenal to the next level . I 'd be glad he is given another chance if Wenger can buy a top young striker like Morata . Otherwise a top striker like Diego Costa should be our priority when the transfer window reopen .

Power n Glory
30-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Flamini is a warrior. Love the enthusiasm. A surprise candidate for the goal but I'll take that.

Good result but it's a shame we're out of the title race now. This weekend just shows that the oil rich clubs are far from invincible. Even though our title chances are slim, let's hope we carry that form over to Everton. We didn't play too badly yesterday and it's something to build on.

AFC Leveller
30-03-2014, 09:36 AM
The Everton game will be crucial. A draw would keep them at arms length and give us some breathing space. Considering they have to play City and Man ure at home, i think the'll drop points.

Gooner23
30-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Wasn't expected to come home frustrated that we didn't win. Officials were shit, linesman North Bank End looked at Dean every fucking time before moving his flag, and Dean gonna Dean trying to nullify Rosicky.
Rosicky just awesome, Pod was trying forward and back :faint:, Verm has been rebooted to a resemblance of his good form of old, Merts has been on the go forward pills, Gibbs is definitely improving just little bit improvement final ball plz, Santi was fired up I hope they show his mugging of 3 of their midfielders reminded me Pires mugging Vieira in chumps league. Giroud was dogshit, that sort of slimy smelly dogshit that is so bad if it got in your car you'd have to set fire to the fucker to get rid of the smell :sulk: what took long with the subs I don't know, we were flagging and really needed a lift. Did I mention Giroud was shit?
We need a striker.

This should be the match report on the official website.

Özim
30-03-2014, 11:40 AM
It was a decent display though I'm not taking too much from this in terms of where we are, City really didn't perform and seemed fairly content with a draw after the results earlier in the day, they were a long way from their best.

We did OK, think a draw was fair in the end, we didn't create many clear cut chances but certainly an improvement on recent results. Helps our cause for 4th place which is let's face it our aim, title however is long gone, seems we can only perform to get 4th place.

Ollie the Optimist
30-03-2014, 12:05 PM
So all the games against the top clubs are done amd while we have an awful away record against them, our home form is much better. Against Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool, united, city we have concededed 1 goal in the league and remained unbeaten.

I don't buy that city didn't play well, it just seems like an excuse not to give arsene any credit. We all expected a thrashing and yet we gave a very good performance and probably should have won. It still doesn't change the fact that change is probably needed but we aren't a million miles away. Yes we seem to lose when we go to the big clubs but when they come to us, we haven't this season. I'm not quite sure what that tells us but I think with better tactics and one or two big players. We really would be a right in the mix.

AFC Leveller
30-03-2014, 12:34 PM
So all the games against the top clubs are done amd while we have an awful away record against them, our home form is much better. Against Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool, united, city we have concededed 1 goal in the league and remained unbeaten.

I don't buy that city didn't play well, it just seems like an excuse not to give arsene any credit. We all expected a thrashing and yet we gave a very good performance and probably should have won. It still doesn't change the fact that change is probably needed but we aren't a million miles away. Yes we seem to lose when we go to the big clubs but when they come to us, we haven't this season. I'm not quite sure what that tells us but I think with better tactics and one or two big players. We really would be a right in the mix.

I agree.

Its only fair to give credit to the manager and players for doing things right considering we slaughter them (rightly so) when they lose (badly). City have been on fire lately and the way they dismantled Man ure had me worried but we played well and could have won in the end so well done Arsenal.

If we had a striker who wasnt a lamp post we'd have at least 6-9 points more, not to mention if we had our best players available more often but thats not the reason we were thrashed three times this season so i think that although change is needed (approach, tranfers, tactics, mentality) we arent far off where we should be.

Özim
30-03-2014, 12:46 PM

Yes our home form is better as you'd expect, games are always easier at home, hence the reason teams generally have better home records than away records on the whole.

First half they were fluid enough, but unusually for them they didn't create that much, now sure we did restrict them to some extent but at their best you just can't stop them, probably not quite the same team without Aguero to be fair as he seems to be the guy that makes things happen a lot for them.

As for not being a million miles away, don't really agree, City, Chelsea etc have had some poor results away but they are clearly superior to us, Chelsea are lacking a striker but you'd expect them to remedy this in the summer, these results whilst good paper over the cracks IMO and convince Wenger all is good, just like the unbeaten runs at the end of season after a disastrous first half of season. If we were that good we would have got better results against the top sides over the course of the season.

Fact is we've have two hard runs and in both we've been left wanting, this has been the case for years so little has changed in that respect. I said yesterday we are to City like what Newcastle were to us when we were really good, not a great side but always tough away from home where they use to raise their game.

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Bad WUMing this time from Zim, too obvious, not enough composure. Possibly choking at the final hurdle.

Özim
30-03-2014, 12:49 PM
It's not wumming, I've seen this before false dawns that management look at and use to prove we're a top side. One result (only a draw) doesn't change anything.

When things have changed we'll know because we'll be capable of beating top sides again on a regular basis, Palace managed it in a one off result yesterday does that mean they are a top side now?

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2014, 12:53 PM
It's not wumming, I've seen this before false dawns that management look at and use to prove we're a top side. One result (only a draw) doesn't change anything.

Of course you are. You did everything you could after the game yesterday to get a bite. But it wasn't as subtle as usual. There's no way you can be as fundamentally anti-Arsenal as you appear, it's a routine. I don't have nearly as many problems with you as the I do with the assholes who repeat what you spoonfeed them.

Özim
30-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Of course you are. You did everything you could after the game yesterday to get a bite. But it wasn't as subtle as usual. There's no way you can be as fundamentally anti-Arsenal as you appear, it's a routine. I don't have nearly as many problems with you as the I do with the assholes who repeat what you spoonfeed them.

Sorry you're wrong, I wasn't trying to get a bite at all, might be the way you take it but you're wrong.

I'm not anti-Arsenal, just sick of Wenger and his ways and basically want him to leave now, yesterday's draw changes nothing for me, I judge the team over a whole season and we've been left wanting again.

It seems to me he can have a stack of poor results and then get one half decent one and it changes everything with some people, it just doesn't.

Another season of Wenger would essentially be torture for me, it's just a repeat of the same old same old every season, what's enjoyable about that, have we become so small time we now celebrate a draw at home? It was a decent result, but that's it.

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Sorry you're wrong, I wasn't trying to get a bite at all, might be the way you take it but you're wrong.

I'm not anti-Arsenal, just sick of Wenger and his ways and basically want him to leave now, yesterday's draw changes nothing for me, I judge the team over a whole season and we've been left wanting again.

No Zimster, I'm right. And there's no way anybody could be so pro Maureen unless it was a wind up.

Özim
30-03-2014, 01:01 PM
No Zimster, I'm right. And there's no way anybody could be so pro Maureen unless it was a wind up.

I'm not pro Mourinho, I just rate him as a manager, he doesn't beat around the bush and addresses issues with his teams, as a manager I respect him because he gets results and delivers.

In my eyes we have a manager who just doesn't do that, maybe that's why seeing a manager that does is so frustrating, I'm seeing what we could be under a different manager.

He does and says some stupid things sometimes, but I prefer to look at his management record, if we had a manager that delivered I wouldn't care what he came out with, it wouldn't matter.

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2014, 01:03 PM
The little horse thing you did was class, I laughed.

Özim
30-03-2014, 01:05 PM
:lol: Sometimes I like to be funny!

Poor result for them yesterday no question about it, I expect them to be a lot stronger next season though and in that sense it's a real missed opportunity for us.

Incidentally, I respect Rodgers too, he's changing things and moving Liverpool forward which is all any fan wants to see.

Never rated Moyes at Everton for precisely the same reason I have issues with Wenger, he never ever seemed to progress.

1_nilto the arsenal
30-03-2014, 01:15 PM
It just proved that the quality of our players are no match for Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. We've stagnated and our managers directors and and players have no ambition as each season they only see 4th place as the holy grail. That sums us up, we are the specilists in finishing 4th and even our manager portrays it as a equal to winning a trophy. I only wish the champions league went back to the old system with only champions participating. I wonder what might have been had we had to finish 1st to play in the European Cup?

Bumble
30-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Zim and NQ are very similar people both give the same response for each game regardless of result. One goes on about how we deserved to win every game and it the cheating refs, media fault etc that we don't win 38 out of 38. The other won't give credit for a good performance because the previous performance wasn't good. Very tedious.

Draw was fair result, they had more possession, shots and shots on goal but we had a high tempo second half without really testing the keeper.

If Everton win today then next week's game is huge, we can't afford to lose. The fourth place trophy is within touching distance.

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Nicely said. It's true, I'm a fan and therefore 100% biased in favour of my club but only because it's not possible to be 101% in favour. Never aspired to be a "let's be reasonable" spectator decked out in merchandising. Reason is for science, not sport. This is why the rise of the sandwich munchers has been bad for the game.

Özim
30-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Maybe but my reasoning is I don't think we're that good a team.

Palace beat Chelsea yesterday I would assume it's because Chelsea weren't at the races seeing as Chelsea are better than Palace.

Likewise with us, Man City are a better team than us, we don't give credit to other smaller teams when they beat us, we look at our side and complain they've been poor.

Wasn't one of our best performances yesterday either, we did OK but we've played better.

Letters
30-03-2014, 03:12 PM
It was a decent display though I'm not taking too much from this in terms of where we are.

:lol:

Letters
30-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Zim and NQ are very similar people both give the same response for each game regardless of result. One goes on about how we deserved to win every game and it the cheating refs, media fault etc that we don't win 38 out of 38. The other won't give credit for a good performance because the previous performance wasn't good. Very tedious.
At least NQ is actually an Arsenal fan though and gets behind the team and manager. Personally I try to be realistic about things but I'd rather listen to someone who clearly supports the club than someone who constantly attacks us when we do poorly and belittles or dismisses when we do well.

Özim
30-03-2014, 03:32 PM
At least NQ is actually an Arsenal fan though and gets behind the team and manager. Personally I try to be realistic about things but I'd rather listen to someone who clearly supports the club than someone who constantly attacks us when we do poorly and belittles or dismisses when we do well.

Yeah so am I, seems to me that unless you're praising the manager and team you're not, how tedious.

Personally I prefer to listen to someone who is realistic and after 9 years see's pears as pears and apples as apples, don't have a problem with NQ though, however underhand digs like you've just made irritate me.

Özim
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM

I know where we are, a million miles away from the top sides that's why we've collapsed and taken some heavy beatings something almost unheard of pre-Wenger.

Letters
30-03-2014, 04:23 PM
underhand digs like you've just made irritate me.

The constant digs you make at the manager, players and club you say you support are kinda irritating too :shrug:
Meanwhile you fawn over the players and managers of other clubs.

You have no idea what being an Arsenal fan is about and this is not an 'I'm a better fan than you because I go to games', I don't go to games any more. But I do get behind the team and don't spend all my time moaning about our bad results and finding any excuse to belittle our good ones.

Bumble
30-03-2014, 04:28 PM
I suppose the only difference between us and Chelsea is that at home we have only beaten Liverpool whereas they have beaten us city Liverpool and United. It's bridging that gap at home.

Özim
30-03-2014, 04:50 PM
The constant digs you make at the manager, players and club you say you support are kinda irritating too :shrug:
Meanwhile you fawn over the players and managers of other clubs.

You have no idea what being an Arsenal fan is about and this is not an 'I'm a better fan than you because I go to games', I don't go to games any more. But I do get behind the team and don't spend all my time moaning about our bad results and finding any excuse to belittle our good ones.

I'm entitled to have an opinion on them, especially after 9 years of what I regard failure and a manager who clearly isn't up to the job (unless you rate 4th place as some sort of achievement which I don't).

Yesterday's result was a draw at home, not a win, this after a month of some awful results (as predicted by many, though maybe not by cricket scores), yesterday's result does f*ck all to change that, it's a draw, one point in our goal for 4th place, WHOOPEEF*CKINGDOO! The draw really doesn't give me much pleasure and why should it when we actually needed a win not a draw.

As for being a fan, you're not the fan police so who are you to decide what it is to be or not be a fan?

I'm not impressed with how this season has gone, you might be but I'm not and for me enough is enough change is needed especially after 9 years of this nonsense. Since December we've been average at best, we've have two hard runs of games and been blown out of the water in both and we're still hearing the same noises from a manager in total denial, I'm sorry but for me that's just not good enough, you can always predict what is going to happen to us and it always pans out as we expect it.

IBK
30-03-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm entitled to have an opinion on them, especially after 9 years of what I regard failure and a manager who clearly isn't up to the job (unless you rate 4th place as some sort of achievement which I don't).

Yesterday's result was a draw at home, not a win, this after a month of some awful results (as predicted by many, though maybe not by cricket scores), yesterday's result does f*ck all to change that, it's a draw, one point in our goal for 4th place, WHOOPEEF*CKINGDOO! The draw really doesn't give me much pleasure and why should it when we actually needed a win not a draw.

As for being a fan, you're not the fan police so who are you to decide what it is to be or not be a fan?

I'm not impressed with how this season has gone, you might be but I'm not and for me enough is enough change is needed especially after 9 years of this nonsense. Since December we've been average at best, we've have two hard runs of games and been blown out of the water in both and we're still hearing the same noises from a manager in total denial, I'm sorry but for me that's just not good enough, you can always predict what is going to happen to us and it always pans out as we expect it.

Zimm. you are hard to please, but you have always been consistent - and as regards your scepticism about the team for the past few years - the basic truth is that you have mostly been proven right. We played surprisingly well yesterday - but those who are using this as an 'I told you so' to the doubters need to remember that this was only a point at home against a good Citeh side. Liverpool will be disappointed if they don't win against them at Anfield. A sense of relief that this team has still got the ability to respond under pressure does not, IMO, mean that there has been any real change in a team that has been in this position (as regards playing for 4th) for almost all of our trophyless years.

LDG
30-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Nobody is saying I told you so.

We all know there are problems.

IBK
30-03-2014, 08:18 PM

The worrying thing is that we pretty much never confound our critics. Letters is right - fans should get behind their team. But my God - if any fans have stuck by their team and manager these past few years it has been Gooners. As fans, we have seen our bragging rights eroded to a miserable extent. And we have believed in all the promises that have been made. Wenger has done much for our club, and he deserves our gratitude - but he has benefited from us as well - and any fan is entitled to take the view that Zimm does.

IBK
30-03-2014, 08:19 PM

Ok - poetic license! ;) But I think what we are criticising Zimm of is his pessimistic viewpoint, not his validity?

LDG
30-03-2014, 08:22 PM
The worrying thing is that we pretty much never confound our critics. Letters is right - fans should get behind their team. But my God - if any fans have stuck by their team and manager these past few years it has been Gooners. As fans, we have seen our bragging rights eroded to a miserable extent. And we have believed in all the promises that have been made. Wenger has done much for our club, and he deserves our gratitude - but he has benefited from us as well - and any fan is entitled to take the view that Zimm does.

Lots of fans take the stance of zimm in respect of Wenger, and I fully understand those views.

But they hold those views and will still back their team in a tribal way. i.e rally against any rival piss taking, stand up to supposed bias (whether biased or not), hate on refs, show passion and strangely enough, appear happy when we win or do well!

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Second that.

Interesting that people go on about Wenger not signing a striker and costing us the title. So does that mean we are a signing away from being genuine title contenders? In which case, how can Wenger have done such an awful job? And what's wrong with waiting to see if he signs a striker in the summer - considering he put in a totally legit bid for the best striker around last summer?

There's little logic in the arguments of those blaming Wenger for everything.

IBK
30-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Lots of fans take the stance of zimm in respect of Wenger, and I fully understand those views.

But they hold those views and will still back their team in a tribal way. i.e rally against any rival piss taking, stand up to supposed bias (whether biased or not), hate on refs, show passion and strangely enough, appear happy when we win or do well!

Good point and well made.

Letters
30-03-2014, 08:49 PM

That :good:

There will be a range of views among the fans of any club. Some will be ludicrously optimistic (I'm looking at you, Ollie :lol:), others will be more Eeyore like and between those two extremes there will be some in the middle. BUT, come match day we're fans of The Arsenal aren't we so f*** everyone else. To coin a chant:

F*** 'em all, f*** em all.
United, West Ham, Liverpool.
'Cos we are the Arsenal and we are the best.
We are the Arsenal so f*** all the rest.

My issue with Zimm is not the pessimism, it's that he takes every opportunity to take a swipe at the club he purports to be a fan of. Meanwhile he fawns over other clubs and their managers. It's weird behaviour from someone to claims to be an Arsenal fan. It's perfectly valid to think Wenger needs to go but bad results are whined about endlessly, good results are often met by "Meh, the other side were rubbish".

I can't see the point in following football at all if you get zero enjoyment from it.

fakeyank
30-03-2014, 08:52 PM
:lol: Sometimes I like to be funny!

Poor result for them yesterday no question about it, I expect them to be a lot stronger next season though and in that sense it's a real missed opportunity for us.

Incidentally, I respect Rodgers too, he's changing things and moving Liverpool forward which is all any fan wants to see.

Never rated Moyes at Everton for precisely the same reason I have issues with Wenger, he never ever seemed to progress.

IMO this attitude of attacking a posters loyalty just because they don't rate Wenger is tedious. Its probably worse than calling Wenger a Cunt. I think zim supports arsenal like a true fan and frankly speaking he has been right about Wenger for the past 4-5 years.
I don't think he needs to apologize for calling a spade a spade. Just going by our record at the end of the season and our football style, we have not made much progress (if any) in 7-8 years.

Personally, I'd rather have people who talk around facts and don't wear rose tinted goggles.
Zim, you are a top poster my man. Haters gonna hate. They are 2% away from interpreting facts.

Letters
30-03-2014, 08:56 PM
IMO this attitude of attacking a posters loyalty just because they don't rate Wenger is tedious.
It's not because of that if you bother reading my posts properly :good:

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Read :haha:

GP
30-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Raede :lol:

fakeyank
30-03-2014, 09:11 PM
It's not because of that if you bother reading my posts properly :good:

It unfortunately is. Zims posts are not anti-arsenal, they are anti-Wenger. A difference not many are able to make. Its Arsenal FC, not Arsene FC.
I don't see why he would need to come and jump with joy when we win, when it is clear as daylight what's going to happen eventually. He is looking at the bigger picture of where we are heading footballistically.
Sure, he can be happy like many just because we earned the most points in 2013 or because we did not lose to any of the top sides at home.. but what is the end product? The same shit like every season. Call Zim miserable or just a sad poster but he is definitely a fan.. might I say, a better fan than most.

Özim
30-03-2014, 09:15 PM

There's some people I like in football and some I don't that's how I roll, the refs things does get on my nerves a bit because people blame our results on them, whilst they may have some impact, I see games week in week out now where if not for the ref we'd have won, or not lost. In the old days when we were a top team we more often than not took the ref out of the equation, when you are a really good team that's what you do, it only really becomes an issue when your team isn't quite good enough and can't overcome what's in front of them. Therefore the comments about ref are like a cop out for me and after hearing years of this from Wenger hearing fans making the same excuse rather than facing reality is somewhat tedious, but that's just my view on it.

I love it when we win and win well, games like Spurs in the cup where we played brilliant football and deservedly won, I don't get the same pleasure when we scrape wins or get draws however, it doesn't make me believe we can be successful. Teams that win hit form at some stage and show their credentials, IMO this season whilst we've picked up a lot of points I haven't really seen evidence of our title credentials, that's unless you consider a more solid defence evidence of this.

We've had a decent run this season, but what's really held me back is the lack of belief we could beat the top sides, even when we had more points I still knew that until we could overcome this hurdle we'd not be realistic challengers, sadly we've been unable to overcome this.

What I'd love to see is us taking on one of these top teams, outplaying them and beating them with good football, whilst as a result yesterday's result was decent and we played OK, we've had a bad few weeks and I'm deflated by it and the draw really doesn't give me a huge buzz, because ultimately we're out of the title race and playing for 4th, win the cup would though.

Letters
30-03-2014, 09:23 PM
It unfortunately is.

Ok.

Özim
30-03-2014, 09:23 PM
My issue with Zimm is not the pessimism, it's that he takes every opportunity to take a swipe at the club he purports to be a fan of. Meanwhile he fawns over other clubs and their managers. It's weird behaviour from someone to claims to be an Arsenal fan. It's perfectly valid to think Wenger needs to go but bad results are whined about endlessly, good results are often met by "Meh, the other side were rubbish".

It not really as simple as that, after the same pattern year on year I just don't believe, I'm frustrated by the lack of changes at the club, we've been in the same situation for years and just seem happy to stagnate, I just have no belief in the current setup, I don't believe it can deliver and to be honest expect us to fail and sadly we invariably do and that's really disappointing.

This season we got to December and it was looking really good, this may have raised my hopes somewhat until we proceeded to drop points at the crucial time, it was been there done that again for me, my worst fears about the team rearing their head again, it's been made worse by real spankings which seem to be made light of a week or two later, defeats like that really should be taken more seriously than they have been by the management IMO.

As for the comments about other clubs, it's a wishful thinking thing, it's looking back at what we were and then looking at them and seeing what I wish we could be in a sense, in the case of Chelsea (or Mourinho) to have a forward thinking manager who acts and doesn't stick to tactics that don't work, in the case of City to play more expansive counter attacking football (I've wished for that since 2005 when we inexplicably IMO abandoned a winning formula) and in the case of Liverpool to hold onto players who are adamant they want to leave and show evolution.

That's three things we lack at the club which I wish we had which is the reason why I have positive comments about the above, they're basically three things I long to have back at this club, three things which just aren't going to happen with Wenger IMO.

Özim
30-03-2014, 09:28 PM
It unfortunately is. Zims posts are not anti-arsenal, they are anti-Wenger.

Nail on the head, I love Arsenal, I don't love Wenger's Arsenal, not as it has been since he switched from counter attacking football to tippy tappy, since then for me it's been nothing but frustration and disappointment, not just because we don't win trophies, but because realistically we never will with a manager who is so stubborn, stuck in his ways and refuses to accept the failings of his team.

Having to listen to him coming out with the BS he does really doesn't help either, people might say you can ignore it, but you really can't, when you hear what he says and see what happens every season you can only come to the conclusion that there is at least some truth in what he says about his belief about the quality of the team he has and team which he conveniently has let him down time and time again (someone asked him about this recently and he skirted around the issue and failed to answer the question).

Özim
30-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Zim, you are a top poster my man. Haters gonna hate. They are 2% away from interpreting facts.

Thanks Bud, I rate you too, some people might not agree with you but you make your point and stick to your guns when you believe something.

Özim
30-03-2014, 09:43 PM

As usual a good well thought through post, it's too black and white for many, you seem to be able to read between the lines better than many others.

IBK
31-03-2014, 12:32 AM
As usual a good well thought through post, it's too black and white for many, you seem to be able to read between the lines better than many others.

I accept that some Gooners see the positives in what we have achieved. And there are positives. But I dislike the way we have been conditioned to defend what is often indefensible. Very few clubs qualify failure to win like we do. And I'm beginning to struggle to see what good its really doing us.

Power n Glory
31-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Nail on the head, I love Arsenal, I don't love Wenger's Arsenal, not as it has been since he switched from counter attacking football to tippy tappy, since then for me it's been nothing but frustration and disappointment, not just because we don't win trophies, but because realistically we never will with a manager who is so stubborn, stuck in his ways and refuses to accept the failings of his team.

Having to listen to him coming out with the BS he does really doesn't help either, people might say you can ignore it, but you really can't, when you hear what he says and see what happens every season you can only come to the conclusion that there is at least some truth in what he says about his belief about the quality of the team he has and team which he conveniently has let him down time and time again (someone asked him about this recently and he skirted around the issue and failed to answer the question).

You shouldn't have to explain yourself - fuck em'! Especially not to Letters!

The result against City was way too late and we'll need a serious run and luck to get back into this title race. Hopefully, we stop hiding behind the Billionaire Boys Club money as an excuse for poor results and poor tactics. If teams like Palace and Wigan can get results against them, we should be able to.

KSE Comedy Club
31-03-2014, 07:52 AM
I take the odd swipe at Zimm sometimes, just for a laugh :lol:

But he's been spot on about wenger for years and I now think along the same lines as he does.

Really when you look at it on the whole, we have watched the same things happen each season for 10 years.

10 years!!
10 bloody frustrating years!!!!

Ok so this time we might win a trophy, but even now at this stage, my confidence in the team to pull it off is at an all time low and I actually think we stand more chance of bottling it again when the time comes.

That's why I think wenger should walk at seasons end even if we win it.

It's time for some major changes, starting with the guy in charge of the team.

Dein-machine
31-03-2014, 08:52 AM
You shouldn't have to explain yourself - fuck em'! Especially not to Letters!

The result against City was way too late and we'll need a serious run and luck to get back into this title race. Hopefully, we stop hiding behind the Billionaire Boys Club money as an excuse for poor results and poor tactics. If teams like Palace and Wigan can get results against them, we should be able to.

This - the Billionaires club haven't stopped Liverpool reaching top of the league so why is it an excuse for us. We are now in a dog-race for 4th with a team very limited on spending compared to others inc us. Liverpool & Everton will be seen as the most improved teams this year, how many billions did they spend in both transfer windows?

Maestro
31-03-2014, 06:17 PM
every single thread on here has descended into a wenger in/out, pro/anti and associated fuckery

is anyone still modding on here :sulk:

KSE Comedy Club
31-03-2014, 09:30 PM
every single thread on here has descended into a wenger in/out, pro/anti and associated fuckery

All roads lead to rome, as they say.

Injury Time
31-03-2014, 10:05 PM

Welcome to Goonersweb, you must be new. Most don't stay long tbf

Niall_Quinn
31-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Maestro out!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-03-2014, 10:31 PM

It was fine until Charlie was demoted.

Maestro
01-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Maestro out!

shhhh, hush hush ....this board doesn't need mods, it needs shrinks. A gold mine GW is for pyschiatrists

Maestro
01-04-2014, 12:50 PM
It was fine until Charlie was demoted.

why was Charlie demoted, is he Ukraniain?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-04-2014, 01:11 PM
why was Charlie demoted, is he Ukraniain?

He was demoted for ethnic reasons. Letters was keen to uphold the pro-white agenda courted by the moderators. Ethnic cleansing also led to the likes of Cripps being banned.

GP
01-04-2014, 02:09 PM
I'll have you know the mods are very ethnically diverse.

Some of Letters' best friends are black.

LDG
01-04-2014, 02:41 PM
I'll have you know the mods are very ethnically diverse.

Some of Letters' best friends are black.

Yeah, like Black Doug, and Dusky Dave :good:

GP
01-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah, like Black Doug, and Dusky Dave :good:

Don't forget Chalky.

IBK
03-04-2014, 09:33 PM
That :good:

There will be a range of views among the fans of any club. Some will be ludicrously optimistic (I'm looking at you, Ollie :lol:), others will be more Eeyore like and between those two extremes there will be some in the middle. BUT, come match day we're fans of The Arsenal aren't we so f*** everyone else. To coin a chant:

F*** 'em all, f*** em all.
United, West Ham, Liverpool.
'Cos we are the Arsenal and we are the best.
We are the Arsenal so f*** all the rest.

I can't see the point in following football at all if you get zero enjoyment from it.

TBF - I don't see anything other than Zimm wanting the best and being more impatient and exacting than most. And part of me does feel that given our club's aspirations, most Gooners have accepted excuses for failure a bit too readily. If Zimm simply posted bile I could understand the reaction. But he is prepared to argue his points, and is probably the most consistent poster on here for the past 4 years....

KSE Comedy Club
05-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Don't forget Chalky.
Or Whitey......

Or Midnight