PDA

View Full Version : Joey Barton

IBK
06-04-2014, 07:41 PM
His interview with Sir Clive woodward is being replayed on 5 live now. Well worth a listen if you want to hear something different to the platitudes we mostly hear these days.

Gubby Allen
06-04-2014, 07:58 PM
His interview with Sir Clive woodward is being replayed on 5 live now. Well worth a listen if you want to hear something different to the platitudes we mostly hear these days.

Listened to it all, very interesting. I quite like him.

IBK
06-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Listened to it all, very interesting. I quite like him.

He is refreshing, intelligent and convincing.

Niall_Quinn
06-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Will have to have a listen. Don't mind listening to anyone who doesn't have a brown nose.

Özim
07-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I've listened to him on TV before and he sounds like a fairly normal individual with some interesting views, it's hard to forget the reputation he's earned though.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
None of us know what really goes on on the pitch. Ever met one of those spotty loudmouthed kids that hangs around with a gang of bigger kids and gives everyone lip because he thinks he's protected? This is what some players seem to be like - tough guys provided there are rules in places to prevent them getting a smack in the gob. Barton didn't obey those rules. Not condoning it, just saying there are always two sides. Of course he could just be a thug who likes slapping people for no reason. We don't really know. Hated when he played against us - dirty bastard. But there have also been times I wish he had been playing the odd game for us, like when Rooney is on the pitch.

Özim
07-04-2014, 04:07 PM
It's not just been on the pitch though see the link below and what he did when at Newcastle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Barton