View Full Version : Unconfirmed - Diaby injured again

Munchies
09-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Twitter updates right now, Diaby supposedly injured again.

https://twitter.com/search?q=diaby&src=typd&f=realtime

:haha:

Marc Overmars
09-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Diaby. :lol:

I remember him.

fakeyank
10-04-2014, 06:56 AM

I am invisible
10-04-2014, 07:13 AM
He must be gutted - now he won't get to play for France again this season...

GP
10-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Oh noes how will we cope without him?

He's dead to me.

Özim
10-04-2014, 08:21 AM
That's it, we won't win the Champions league or premier league now.

Dein-machine
10-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Another success story for our medical team. We should see how much we could get selling our medical team to that hospital in Switzerland that allows people to kill themselves - save a fortune on drugs, just let our guys try to make them better.

AFC Leveller
10-04-2014, 08:29 AM
One of AW's biggest jokes.

Top 5:

-Diaby
-Bischoff
-Sanogo
-Kalstroum
-Mart Poom

Özim
10-04-2014, 08:34 AM
I liked Guillhaume Warmuz

Letters
10-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Twitter.

The world's most reliable news source

AFC Leveller
10-04-2014, 08:43 AM
I liked Guillhaume Warmuz

At least he played over 250 games in ligue un and waasnt a wind up.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Bischoff :haha:

I think his most memorable thing in an Arsenal shirt was getting on the wrong coach after a game. Says it all really.

Now slogging it out in the third tier of German football. I'm guessing Wenger owed his dad a favour or something there.

Power n Glory
10-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Forget Diaby...our injury list is a joke. Ox, Rosicky, Gibbs...what the heck is going on in training?

Niall_Quinn
10-04-2014, 10:20 AM
There must be a clause in the contract that allows the club to get rid of this guy if he doesn't play a game in, say, 5 years? Or what about his residency status - if he doesn't have a job, can he be deported?

I feel sorry for Diaby of course, and it'd be great if that clogger who injured him gets run down by a bus, but we need the money being wasted on Diaby to pay a player who can actually play. That's just common sense isn't it?

Dein-machine
10-04-2014, 10:41 AM
There must be a clause in the contract that allows the club to get rid of this guy if he doesn't play a game in, say, 5 years? Or what about his residency status - if he doesn't have a job, can he be deported?

I feel sorry for Diaby of course, and it'd be great if that clogger who injured him gets run down by a bus, but we need the money being wasted on Diaby to pay a player who can actually play. That's just common sense isn't it?

Love the deportation idea, infact lets widen it slightly & suggest every French person at Arsenal is sent home, especailly if their retirement age & beginning to become a burden - oh hang on a minute, we need to come up with a plan for Kos.

fari
11-04-2014, 09:30 PM
if true i'm really sorry for the guy. thing is he is still 27...even if we release him (i think we are close to doing so what with his squad number being changed and all) then he could always go back to ligue 1 and play out the winter of his career.

Penguin
12-04-2014, 07:39 AM
We've given him enough charity now, get rid.

IBK
12-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I think we should have a testimonial for Diaby.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I think we should have a testimonial for Diaby.

Fuck me, not that far off is he ?

Hopefully the next manager in puts him down asap

Bumble
12-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Fuck me, not that far off is he ?

Hopefully the next manager in puts him down asapits been 8 years I think. Joined same time as Walcott and that January window just before world cup in 2006.

Marc Overmars
22-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Diaby is playing for reserves tonight. :faint:

Power n Glory
22-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Good luck to him. Break a leg, Diaby! :lol:

Honestly, I hope he gets a good few injury free years of football. He has so much potential and it's a real shame.

Munchies
22-04-2014, 05:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl2BumLIMAA6zYk.jpg

He's back... for now:lol:

GP
22-04-2014, 07:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl2RXIbCcAAVjVx.jpg

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Good luck to him.....hope he comes through it unscathed.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Come on Abou. Save your one Good Diaby performance for the Cup Final. :bow:

fakeyank
22-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Hope this is his last season and we can just let him go to some championship team

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Would he ever remember how to play football now? His last game was in a previous life.

fakeyank
22-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Dont know how true this link is, but if true then be sure that he will have a blinder of a next season and join chelsea or Utd for free..

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/abou-diaby/profil/spieler_26763.html

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-04-2014, 09:01 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Letters
22-04-2014, 09:07 PM
New Signings :bow:

Munchies
22-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Dont know how true this link is, but if true then be sure that he will have a blinder of a next season and join chelsea or Utd for free..

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/abou-diaby/profil/spieler_26763.html

They've put his 'transfer value' at £2m on that . :haha:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/fc-arsenal/startseite/verein_11.html

Jenko at £6m ?
Wilshere at £33m??
Santi at £30m
Giroud at £20m

Sell , sell, sell !

Ollie the Optimist
22-04-2014, 09:55 PM
there have been quite a few stories this season that Diaby refused to be paid until he was fit again. Fair play to him. You never read stories about him out clubbing etc, only stories that he works hard to be fit. His career was ruined by some thug but I really hope he gets fit and stays fit. He can be a very good player. Ive never understood the hate towards him from some.

Munchies
22-04-2014, 09:58 PM
there have been quite a few stories this season that Diaby refused to be paid until he was fit again. Fair play to him. You never read stories about him out clubbing etc, only stories that he works hard to be fit. His career was ruined by some thug but I really hope he gets fit and stays fit. He can be a very good player. Ive never understood the hate towards him from some.

I don't think anyone genuinely hates the guy, we all wish him well, and I want nothing else to see him replace Arteta in the team.

But the realistic chances of him playing again for us week in week out are unlikely.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-04-2014, 11:56 AM
I hate the cunt and I hate Arteta too. Cunts.

IBK
23-04-2014, 02:05 PM

Orly?

I am invisible
23-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Good for Diaby if he's back playing again, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team (or his country's) until next season now - we've got too much at stake to be gifting game time to rusty players back who have been out for that long, and I'm not sure it's worth the risk from his POV either?

Özim
23-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Diaby is a perfect example of what's wrong at the club anyone with any common sense would have got rid of him a quite while ago, he's 28 next month and he's only played about 3 good games for us in his entire career, what a total waste of money, he's got talent but he's never going to be fit.

Blind faith if ever you saw it.

Ollie the Optimist
23-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Diaby is a perfect example of what's wrong at the club anyone with any common sense would have got rid of him a quite while ago, he's 28 next month and he's only played about 3 good games for us in his entire career, what a total waste of money, he's got talent but he's never going to be fit.

Blind faith if ever you saw it.

I really hope that if you ever suffer an injury or illness and go on sick leave, your boss doesn't have the same attitude as you. you'd be fucked

Özim
23-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I really hope that if you ever suffer an injury or illness and go on sick leave, your boss doesn't have the same attitude as you. you'd be fucked

They will, no one keeps someone on for 8 years if they are ill it doesn't make economic sense for a business, you'll get a few months at best, it's a business not a hospital. Think you get x amount of days paid sick leave in the normal world, the rest of the time your on your own.

Might sound harsh but that's life.

Power n Glory
23-04-2014, 04:20 PM
I wish Diaby the best. He's an injury prone player but I really don't trust our medical staff and training methods. With the amount of injuries we pick up for healthy players, Diaby doesn't stand a chance. He should look to move on if he wants to stay fit. The past few injuries have been picked up in training or having being rushed back and straight into first team action.

Power n Glory
23-04-2014, 04:25 PM
They will, no one keeps someone on for 8 years if they are ill it doesn't make economic sense for a business, you'll get a few months at best, it's a business not a hospital. Think you get x amount of days paid sick leave in the normal world, the rest of the time your on your own.

Might sound harsh but that's life.

With this sort of case, I won't begrudge the club for keeping him on. He picked up a nasty injury when he was young and full of potential. In the real world, he'd have been moved on but I'm glad Arsene and the club aren't that harsh. I just hope we get a few decent years out of him because he has a load of potential.

Özim
23-04-2014, 04:34 PM
With this sort of case, I won't begrudge the club for keeping him on. He picked up a nasty injury when he was young and full of potential. In the real world, he'd have been moved on but I'm glad Arsene and the club aren't that harsh. I just hope we get a few decent years out of him because he has a load of potential.

True but to be fair footballers earn a lot of money, in the real world if you get sick you'll get a few weeks pay and that'll be it, it's not the clubs fault he got injured, I don't really feel sorry for him when he earns in a week what many people don't even earn in a year so he's got plenty to live on and won't go without.

The problem for us is that due to our wage bill being so high keeping players on long term injuries in doesn't make any sense with our current policy, we've had an awful lot of injury prone players and to be honest very little back for keeping them.

With so many injuries it's unlikely he'll stay fit for any prologonged period of time now and he's 28 in May, that's peak years for a footballer.

Power n Glory
23-04-2014, 04:47 PM
True but to be fair footballers earn a lot of money, in the real world if you get sick you'll get a few weeks pay and that'll be it, it's not the clubs fault he got injured, I don't really feel sorry for him when he earns in a week what many people don't even earn in a year so he's got plenty to live on and won't go without.

The problem for us is that due to our wage bill being so high keeping players on long term injuries in doesn't make any sense with our current policy, we've had an awful lot of injury prone players and to be honest very little back for keeping them.

With so many injuries it's unlikely he'll stay fit for any prologonged period of time now and he's 28 in May, that's peak years for a footballer.

We don't have many long term lay offs on the wage bill so Diaby is a rare case. If he was bought in his mid twenties and had a major career before us, I'd agree with you, but in this case, I think sticking by him is the right thing to do. We're acting with some compassion. He earns a lot but if he's gone without pay for this year then it shows he wants to get back to fitness. I remember he used a whole summer to get fit one season but eventually broke down.

Honestly, I think the training methods aren't helping an already injury prone player and this time he needs to be handled with a lot more care. In this modern day with a player so young, we should be able to get this right.

Munchies
25-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Abou Diaby suffers new Arsenal injury blow… just three days after comeback

Wenger on Diaby: "He had a little groin problem after [under-21] game so will not be available on Monday"

:yawn:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Put him down.

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Why don't we just sign an amputee or something? Make the dead spot in the squad official.

Özim
25-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Won't be long before he can have a testimonial so we can thank him for his many years of service, I'm sure a bumper crowd will show up for him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Why don't we just sign an amputee or something? Make the dead spot in the squad official.

Letters
25-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Won't be long before he can have a testimonial so we can thank him for his many years of service.
:lol:

Oh dear...I do feel for him, it must be massively frustrating for him, but we have to get rid. He should just retire, it's getting silly now.

I am invisible
25-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Oh, for f... it has to be a wind-up?

Injury Time
25-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Unusual to retire a shirt with the player still in it...