PDA

View Full Version : Who should play in goal in the FA Cup final?

Heisenberg
14-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Szczesny is the first choice goalkeeper.

Fabianski has played each round of the cup this season and is likely to leave in the summer.

Marc Overmars
14-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Fabianski, no doubt about it. It would be ridiculous to drop him now and I thought that before the Wigan game as well, when it was discussed last month if Chesney should be brought in.

He deserves it.

Niall_Quinn
14-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Wenger has already said it will be Flappy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-04-2014, 03:54 PM
i think Wenger needs to try and convince him to sign an extension

If he doesn't, what could be more fitting than him to leave us as a cup winner....his performance in the shoot out merits it.

fakeyank
14-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Flappy all day err day

Munchies
14-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Fabianski. Been here since 2006 ? Leaving in the summer, great displays throughout.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlCvWMhIQAA4VHs.jpg

Saved Wenger's job. (for now that is :lol: )

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-04-2014, 04:17 PM
What will that do to Chesney? Should Chez not be getting accustomed to high pressure situations i.e. finals?

Waited so long to win a trophy and if Chesney doesn't start then you wonder how much of a blow that will be to him, who we must remember, will be number 1 when Fabianski leaves in 2 months time.

Marc Overmars
14-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Having a cup keeper is normal, if Chesney doesn't like it then boo hoo for him tbh.

If he had played some of the big ties earlier then maybe he'd have a case, but he hasn't played a single minute in the competition so I don't think he'll be affected anyway.

Gooner23
14-04-2014, 05:00 PM
You could argue that on form Flappy starts all our remaining games this season. He was excellent against Bayern, and the cup matches this season.

fari
14-04-2014, 07:57 PM
fabianksi or die

Munchies
14-04-2014, 08:23 PM
You could argue that on form Flappy starts all our remaining games this season. He was excellent against Bayern, and the cup matches this season.

Start him in all the games, and make him a new contract already.

I wouldn't mind keeping Ches on the bench, and he just signed a long term contract so it wouldn't be too bad for us :lol:

Penguin
14-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Fabianski deserves the spot for his form alone. Don't forget he got us in the semi-final with a MOTM performance against Liverpool too.

He also deserves his starting place morally for playing such a major role in getting us there.

selassie
14-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Fabianski. Been here since 2006 ? Leaving in the summer, great displays throughout.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlCvWMhIQAA4VHs.jpg

Saved Wenger's job. (for now that is :lol: )

:lol:

Letters
15-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Fabianski for me. He's earned his place, not just with his penalty saves on Saturday but throughout the competition.
I don't believe there's that much between the 'keepers now anyway so I'd be happy with either.

KSE Comedy Club
15-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Erm...is this not a pointless thread??

Wenger has already said that Fabs will play in the final barring injury so why even ask the question?

PGFC
15-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Fabs, a winners medal will be as good a leaving present as any.

Heisenberg
15-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Erm...is this not a pointless thread??

Wenger has already said that Fabs will play in the final barring injury so why even ask the question?

I was curious whether that decision would be one accepted by the fans, seeing that it's a final and Fabianski is not the regular starting keeper for this club.

KSE Comedy Club
15-04-2014, 05:51 PM
I was curious whether that decision would be one accepted by the fans, seeing that it's a final and Fabianski is not the regular starting keeper for this club.

I see, fair enough.

However I think the general consensus has always been that he deserves to play regardless.