PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction Vs Hull

LDG
20-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Really good once we got it under control, and Hull stopped fouling the shit out of everything.

Repeat in the final please :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Little bit clinical, yes.

selassie
20-04-2014, 03:44 PM
We play a little bit with the handbrake off.

AFC Leveller
20-04-2014, 03:46 PM
"I felt that as well (we) played without any fear and (Hull) defended a lot"

Munchies
20-04-2014, 03:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlrQGfCIQAAs5j1.jpg

Kosc :haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Gay!!!

Globalgunner
20-04-2014, 04:01 PM

Arteta cant smile....Dentists appointment 2mrw then

Alpha
20-04-2014, 04:10 PM
We were a bit under pressure at the beginning . Took control later on and the goals added a bit of confidence .
If Wenger has learnt his lesson , FA Cup is coming home .
What did we learn from the game ?
1) Hull are not afraid of playing football .
2) Do not take them lightly as they can hurt you even though they didn't do it today .
3) They make mistakes when under pressure in counter-attack . We have to capitalise when the opportunities arise .
4) They don't give up until the end even when they are chasing the game .

I think we will have too much for them in the final as they will be away from home and today's score would have dented their confidence . Plus they will be without Long Jelavic .

Munchies
20-04-2014, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9B7Dfqgto

Munchies
20-04-2014, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkylRd-Hesk

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Those cunts at Sky are trying to turn the story of the match into a non-foul by Arteta. That's a comfortable 3-0 win that hinged delicately on one 50/50 decision over 320 miles from the goal the ball eventually ended up in. Not a word about our stonewall penalty.

fakeyank
20-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Great win today. Needed it, in light of the result at Goodison. I despise Arteta and how he plays. If he wanted a Denilson, then we might as well have kept Denilson.

Ramsey is God. He is absolutely EVERYWHERE! :bow:

LDG
20-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Wenger in front of a cash converters advertisement.

That's just a sick joke.

RomfordPele
20-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Those cunts at Sky are trying to turn the story of the match into a non-foul by Arteta. That's a comfortable 3-0 win that hinged delicately on one 50/50 decision over 320 miles from the goal the ball eventually ended up in. Not a word about our stonewall penalty.

It was one of sky's most blatantly biased performances from start to finish. Your namesake ignoring every act of thuggery by hull players and then laying it on thick every time an arsenal player breathed on a hull man, and of course the inevitable wailing and gnashing of teeth after the second goal. There are some folk there who are going to sick to their stomachs when we fluke fourth place again.

As for the game, obviously Ramsey will get the main plaudits but well played chesney today - flawless goalkeeping under real physical pressure at times. I think careering out to every ball with fists flying was a fucking good strategy against these scrotes. Let's hope flappy does the same at wembley.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Great win today. Needed it, in light of the result at Goodison. I despise Arteta and how he plays. If he wanted a Denilson, then we might as well have kept Denilson.

His distribution is more consistent and refined than any other here which is the main reason he has remained in the side despite his flaws since joining the club. Without him here we would have failed to control a heck of a lot of games.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Ramsey had a part to play in all three goals. :(

Just shows you what we missed.

A fit Ramsey, Theo and a world class striker (Higuian/Suarez) and we would have walked the league this season!

Alpha
20-04-2014, 07:21 PM
A Foul against Arteta would have been hash and soft . He didn't touch him . The hull player went down too easily even though thank God he wasn't theatrical as some would have done .
Surprisingly , there was a clear Arsenal penalty appeal which would have kept the same scoreline , had the referee decided to give a a foul but they talk about it . Skysports double standard as usual .

LDG
20-04-2014, 07:22 PM

Yeah, Arteta was a bit toothless today, tbf.

Munchies
20-04-2014, 07:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlsD-fcIIAA9pvH.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Podolski greeting the Referee before the game. Like old pals. :lol::lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Ad7uvYo.jpg

Munchies
20-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Podolski greeting the Referee before the game. Like old pals. :lol::lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Ad7uvYo.jpg

:haha:

GP
20-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Love him. What a man.

Shit player with no position :haha:

Özim
20-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Today's conclusions:

Good win 4th place will be ours as expected (we knew this when the season started anyway)
Ramsey is a brilliant player, forward thinking, wants to get goals and creates
Podolski is our best striker and should play
It's difficult to work out if Quiff is playing except when he decides to dive

Munchies
20-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Love him. What a man.

Shit player with no position :haha:

Blame Wenger for that .

Far too often, he brings in players with no idea where to play them.

Eg, Arshavin was one of the best number 10s in the world after the Euros, and he shoves him to the wing.

Munchies
20-04-2014, 08:55 PM
His distribution is more consistent and refined than any other here which is the main reason he has remained in the side despite his flaws since joining the club. Without him here we would have failed to control a heck of a lot of games.

He never stops running. Even when it was in stoppage time, he was still running all over the place.

He's a true box-to-box player, and he's as good in defence too.

Özim
20-04-2014, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkylRd-Hesk

:lol: The guy makes me laugh, re the supposed foul by Arteta he says it's 70 yards from the goal and had no effect and you could pick a few of these for each team, yet whenever this happens to his team he's unhappy about it even if it's 70 odd yards away, you don't hear him say it had no impact then!

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2014, 09:07 PM
And yet Wenger is 100% correct and gives an entirely reasonable interview. Wasn't a foul. Wasn't the cause of Hull defending like drunks. Was a total non-event, unlike our legitimate penalty that was denied.

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Blame Wenger for that .

Far too often, he brings in players with no idea where to play them.

Eg, Arshavin was one of the best number 10s in the world after the Euros, and he shoves him to the wing.

Arshavin was dire when we played him up front for a spell. Same with Podolski. I would say given Podolski is scoring goals - don't fix something that clearly isn't broken.

Özim
20-04-2014, 09:12 PM
And yet Wenger is 100% correct and gives an entirely reasonable interview. Wasn't a foul. Wasn't the cause of Hull defending like drunks. Was a total non-event, unlike our legitimate penalty that was denied.

Explain to me why it's different any time it happens to us then, because he doesn't say it's 70 yards away then, he just complains it was a foul and that the goal shouldn't have been.

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Explain to me why it's different any time it happens to us then, because he doesn't say it's 70 yards away then, he just complains it was a foul and that the goal shouldn't have been.

It's different because it wasn't a foul.

Özim
20-04-2014, 09:16 PM
It's different because it wasn't a foul.

That wasn't my question besides he mentions the 70 yards, the question was why doesn't he mention if was 70 odd yards away and had no effect when one of ours is fouled and a goal occurs 45 seconds later?

I am an entertainer, Fact
20-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Good win, ramsey continuing where he left off.

Good to see Ozil back and being incisive just shows when he has runners ahead of him and off the ball he will find them time and time again.

Frustrated that Podolski doesn't get more game time than he does as he is deadly inside and around the edge of the box.

Just an extra thought, having watched the Everton game makes me want Martinez as our manager even more. The way they beat united today was a totally different way to how they beat us was so impressive. He always gives great interviews, always calm, knows what he is talking about and clearly thinks about tactics and how to set up a good football team. I can only imagine what he could do with our players which lets be honest are of a better standard than those he has currently at Everton. If he can get Naismith, mirallas, McCarthy, Coleman etc playing the way they are then imagine what he could do with Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla etc.

I feel if we don't strike now at the end of this season I feel we will miss the boat on getting him as boss as I feel he'll go to a really big club before too long.

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Seriously, what is wrong with you? This is the only thing you can find to try and pour cold water on the win today? He said he didn't think it was a foul and anyway it was 70 yards from goal. Big deal, the main point is he didn't think it was a foul, I guess because it clearly wasn't, and even if it had been then playing on didn't mean Hull's goal was immediately under threat. I guess when our players actually do get fouled on the edge of the opposition box and we lose a goal he might have a problem with that because our legitimate free kick has become their goal. Maybe you should become a TV interviewer so you can cross examine him on discrepancies in his post match interviews.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Arteta was a bit toothless today, tbf.

Bravo.

Munchies
21-04-2014, 12:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlstJ1fIIAA1Ngs.jpg

Letters
21-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Final spurt :sick:

Ernesto
21-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Beggars belief when you consider that we could end up with 77 points and STILL miss out on Champions League football next season.

If it did come down to that (and it really doesn't bear thinking about!), would it be the highest amassed number of points for the team in 5th in EPL history?

I am invisible
21-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Amazing the difference having just one player like Ramsey in the side makes - all of a sudden everything just seems to work, and players who looked useless now look useful?!

Letters
21-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Amazing the difference having just one player like Ramsey in the side makes - all of a sudden everything just seems to work, and players who looked useless now look useful?!
I still don't think we'd have won the league had he stayed fit, we need more up front, but we'd have been closer.
During the collapse some were talking like the squad needs a complete overhaul. I don't see it that way. This squad + a bit more depth + a top class forward would be very close to the title.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Beggars belief when you consider that we could end up with 77 points and STILL miss out on Champions League football next season.

If it did come down to that (and it really doesn't bear thinking about!), would it be the highest amassed number of points for the team in 5th in EPL history?

It would be, the previous er best being the Spuds' 72 last season. :lol:

I am invisible
21-04-2014, 09:50 AM
I still don't think we'd have won the league had he stayed fit, we need more up front, but we'd have been closer.
During the collapse some were talking like the squad needs a complete overhaul. I don't see it that way. This squad + a bit more depth + a top class forward would be very close to the title.
Very close.

I suppose we also have to factor in how much our rivals will improve over the summer as well when considering what we need to do to build a winning side, but I pretty much agree with that - one or two more top-class players in key areas, and the rest is just depth. I still think we may need about 6 players, but not all of them have to cost the earth - I think it's doable, even in a WC year...

Özim
21-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Even with them fit we'd have never won the league, two players don't reverse the defficiencies highlighted in our thrashings, that shows no appetite for the fight and that comes from the manager.

Slacker
21-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Our thrashings weren't all totally comprehensive, although we were beaten by the better team on each occasion, if that makes sense. The defeat against Citeh deserved to be a lot closer but for some ridiculously myopic officialdom, perfectly good goals being disallowed and a dodgy pel at 5-3.

Chelsea mullered us at the Bridge although their first two goals were stunners and then the ref wrongly sent off the wrong bloke. Sure we would have lost that anyway but not the walloping we received. Even at Liverpool their first two goals were the result of a free kick given for a dive in a dangerous area and the second was clearly offside.

Saying that, Liverpool and Chelsea were always going to beat us because our defence are incapable of dealing with marauding pace from attackers given time, space and a fluid system where they are not restricted to what position they play. Until AW addresses that weakness we will always be susceptible to a system he developed and then seemed to forget.

Power n Glory
21-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I think we can throw all the billionaire boys club excuses out the window because they haven't run away with the league as predicted. I knew stability would be a factor and if we'd have strengthened in key areas, we'd have had a shot. Or so I thought. I can't believe we won't break the 80 points barrier this season. The manager is our main problem. Even if we kept key players fit, would they have been fresh going into the final stage of the season and not running in empty like we now see with Giroud? Was just reading Le Grove and that's a good point they've made about this season.

A good victory yesterday but still very bitter about seeing Liverpool top of the table. That really should be us. On to the FA Cup, I guess.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Our thrashings weren't all totally comprehensive, although we were beaten by the better team on each occasion, if that makes sense. The defeat against Citeh deserved to be a lot closer but for some ridiculously myopic officialdom, perfectly good goals being disallowed and a dodgy pel at 5-3.

Chelsea mullered us at the Bridge although their first two goals were stunners and then the ref wrongly sent off the wrong bloke. Sure we would have lost that anyway but not the walloping we received. Even at Liverpool their first two goals were the result of a free kick given for a dive in a dangerous area and the second was clearly offside.

Saying that, Liverpool and Chelsea were always going to beat us because our defence are incapable of dealing with marauding pace from attackers given time, space and a fluid system where they are not restricted to what position they play. Until AW addresses that weakness we will always be susceptible to a system he developed and then seemed to forget.
Tbf that was the same goal.

Slacker
21-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Tbf that was the same goal.

I stand corrected sir. I am rather old...

IBK
21-04-2014, 05:23 PM
It was one of sky's most blatantly biased performances from start to finish. Your namesake ignoring every act of thuggery by hull players and then laying it on thick every time an arsenal player breathed on a hull man, and of course the inevitable wailing and gnashing of teeth after the second goal. There are some folk there who are going to sick to their stomachs when we fluke fourth place again.

As for the game, obviously Ramsey will get the main plaudits but well played chesney today - flawless goalkeeping under real physical pressure at times. I think careering out to every ball with fists flying was a fucking good strategy against these scrotes. Let's hope flappy does the same at wembley.

Aye. Last couple of Sky games have grated - in particular the idea that a blatant refereeing mistake handed us our second goal. IMHO the Arteta Jelavic thing could have been called either way - and there seems to be a little anti Arsenal bias about the focus on it. No doubt the press would like to see us stumbling re 4th as Citeh and Chelsea are for the title - but that issue in particular rung hollow.

Özim
21-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Thing is Nial Quinn is a former gunner, not so sure it's bias, more likely human error.

Some of the challenges he called bad, looked bad in real time but not bad when slowed down in the replays.

If people are saying they are biased against us then you have to ask why, it can only be because they don't like Arsene Wenger's ways.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Thing is Nial Quinn is a former gunner, not so sure it's bias, more likely human error.

I guess they are concious of possible bias and then fuck up by over-compensating. They should realise that bias players are a lot more appealing to fans. Much rather have someone like Wrighty leaping around the studio than Adams trying to be measured in the hope of appealing to allcomers. Anyway, it was mostly the cunt presenter in the studio who piled on the bullshit. Good job Carragher slapped him down.

IBK
21-04-2014, 05:31 PM

Some of the challenges he called bad, looked bad in real time but not bad when slowed down in the replays.

If people are saying they are biased against us then you have to ask why, it can only be because they don't like Arsene Wenger's ways.

I'll buy that - but the Arteta thing showed bias. IMO.

Özim
21-04-2014, 05:47 PM
I'll buy that - but the Arteta thing showed bias. IMO.

I don't really understand the bias thing to be honest, not by a whole panel of pundits. If that is the case then people are saying Arsenal are disliked, I'm not sure why that would be the case, the teams that are disliked I'm sorry to say are the ones that win all the time.

They often praise Wenger and the way the club is run in a proper way, there is criticism but of the things we also criticise as fans.

IBK
21-04-2014, 06:02 PM
I don't really understand the bias thing to be honest, not by a whole panel of pundits. If that is the case then people are saying Arsenal are disliked, I'm not sure why that would be the case, the teams that are disliked I'm sorry to say are the ones that win all the time.

They often praise Wenger and the way the club is run in a proper way, there is criticism but of the things we also criticise as fans.

Generally, I agree with you. I don't think that there is an anti Arsenal bias, per se. But I do sense that the pundits have been disappointed by the way our last 3 results have interfered with a sensationalist story...

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2014, 06:18 PM
It's self evident and beyond reasonable dispute there is a bias against Arsenal shown by most of the refs. Not a win-lose bias, maybe not even a concious one except in the case of a couple. It's in the free kick and card count, our lot will get booked for nothing, we'll get a red first and questions after. The opposition gets to kick hell out of us mostly with impunity. It influences games, there's no doubt about it and we see it almost every week. Just yesterday, if Flamini had committed the exact same fouls as Huddlestone he would have been sent off TWICE.

As for the pundits, I don't think they have a bias because they favour one club over another, I think they talk such utter shit because they are always trying to create rather than just report news. Arsenal losing to plucky Hull is a dream headline, plucky Hull going toe to toe with Arsenal and almost winning if it hadn't been for that decision - that's a better than nothing story. Arsenal smashing a useless bunch of cloggers who shouldn't even be in the top flight, that's not sexy at all. So the pundits create shit out of thin air. Shit like we're collapsing our way into the CL and FA Cup final. Shit like the gypos are the best club ever or Toure is among the greats. Shit like Rooney has been a decent player over the last few years. All made up to suit agendas and to sell newspapers filled with absolute shit. This isn't just in sport. Look at Dimbleby on QT for example, same sort of made up shit and framed debate. The formula works, it sells. Trouble is, if shit like this takes hold, such as player X is a diver, player Y doesn't like a physical challenge, thick footballers can start acting on it and incompetent and cowardly refs cans start taking it into account. So it's worth calling a journo or a pundit what they are - cunts.

IBK
21-04-2014, 06:20 PM
It's self evident and beyond reasonable dispute there is a bias against Arsenal shown by most of the refs. Not a win-lose bias, maybe not even a concious one except in the case of a couple. It's in the free kick and card count, our lot will get booked for nothing, we'll get a red first and questions after. The opposition gets to kick hell out of us mostly with impunity. It influences games, there's no doubt about it and we see it almost every week. Just yesterday, if Flamini had committed the exact same fouls as Huddlestone he would have been sent off TWICE.

As for the pundits, I don't think they have a bias because they favour one club over another, I think they talk such utter shit because they are always trying to create rather than just report news. Arsenal losing to plucky Hull is a dream headline, plucky Hull going toe to toe with Arsenal and almost winning if it hadn't been for that decision - that's a better than nothing story. Arsenal smashing a useless bunch of cloggers who shouldn't even be in the top flight, that's not sexy at all. So the pundits create shit out of thin air. Shit like we're collapsing our way into the CL and FA Cup final. Shit like the gypos are the best club ever or Toure is among the greats. Shit like Rooney has been a decent player over the last few years. All made up to suit agendas and to sell newspapers filled with absolute shit. This isn't just in sport. Look at Dimbleby on QT for example, same sort of made up shit and framed debate. The formula works, it sells. Trouble is, if shit like this takes hold, such as player X is a diver, player Y doesn't like a physical challenge, thick footballers can start acting on it and incompetent and cowardly refs cans start taking it into account. So it's worth calling a journo or a pundit what they are - cunts.

This is what I mean. There is bias - not against Arsenal, but in favour of the sensational story.

Fist of Lehmann
22-04-2014, 12:08 PM

Little bit projection.