PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Barcodes (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Hatchet job on Özil post match from MNF. Bizarre for a player that got MotM.

Arsenal. :bow:

Munchies
28-04-2014, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INFe1KEvEeQ&feature=youtu.be

:haha:

Marc Overmars
28-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Easy, didn't need to get out of 2nd gear.

4th place cup nearly ours.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Anonymous MOTM :bow:

Munchies
Citeh win next week, and we won't even have to do anything for the top 4 trophy. :trophy:

McNamara That Ghost...
MotM stealing a living.

Niall_Quinn
Citeh win next week, and we won't even have to do anything.

Bare minimum :bow:

LDG
28-04-2014, 09:12 PM
All good.

Apart from the pundits. What are they on? :lol:

Ozil = shit

Rules of offside = what rules?

Fuckin idiots

Letters
28-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Training match really, nice and comfortable.
4th place trophy is coming home :cool:

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2014, 09:14 PM
All good.

Apart from the pundits. What are they on? :lol:

Ozil = shit

Rules of offside = what rules?

Fuckin idiots

Stealing a living

Gooner23
28-04-2014, 09:17 PM
It's mainly Carragher to be fair, the guy is a plank.

Probably the most comfortable 3 points of the season. Cheers Pards.

Happy St Totts Day.

LDG
28-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Pardew :haha:

Made in shitville

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2014, 09:20 PM
i think coventry city gave us more of a game than that lot

Munchies
28-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Seems Yohan Kebab is missed :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Pardiola. :lol:

The Barcode fans probably turned up hating him more than Arsenal fans did.

gunnerrrrr
28-04-2014, 09:25 PM

Unsurprising really coming from two complete idiots and one wanker of an ex player.

These two same knobs were raving about Moureens parking the bus mid team tactics before the game...do me a favour. When you have a team costing £500m or whatever it is, even Big Sam could pull results playing like a knob.

Anyway...Ozil and Rambo really make this team tick.
If we had a more pace up top we could be devastating.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2014, 09:27 PM
So let's see - Ozil is shit, he's MOTM, and Pards has done well.

Pundits :bow:

Munchies
28-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Neville saying we need a big black tank in midfield

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMzfYxpMIxU&feature=youtu.be

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Neville is so obsessed with power.

LDG
28-04-2014, 09:29 PM
First decent point made by Neville, and it's the last sentence of the programme :haha:

LDG
28-04-2014, 09:32 PM
That Mars advert with Gerrard has just made me
laugh, long and hard.

LDG
28-04-2014, 09:34 PM
That Mars advert with Gerrard has just made me
laugh, long and hard.

Left a horrric opening for an edit there :lol:

Munchies
28-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Randomly went onto Ozil's website, http://www.mesutoezil.com/

Scroll down for the music playlist he has , this song is there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcG9lpZV24
What a tune :music:

--
Goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQtXR-yoFi0

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Seems Yohan Kebab is missed :lol:

:haha:

Özim
29-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Didn't see this game but expected this as Newcastle are playing very poorly at the moment, good win nonetheless and 4th place all tied up as we all knew it would.

Watched Wenger's interview (I really shouldn't), the comment about injuries harming our chances worries me a bit, whilst it's true we always have injuries and secondly I don't think this was the telling factor. I worry because in his head he might be thinking not a lot needs to be done in the transfer market.

I worry because we hear this kind of thing every season, it's always "if this" or "if that" and invariably it leads to a poor summer.

Letters
29-04-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't think this squad is a million miles away from seriously challenging. We clearly need a top striker, we tried to get Suarez last year so there's obviously some intent to show more ambition now. We need to sign one this summer and sort out the injury issues, we need a bit more depth too but I don't think we're that far away.

Dein-machine
29-04-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't think this squad is a million miles away from seriously challenging. We clearly need a top striker, we tried to get Suarez last year so there's obviously some intent to show more ambition now. We need to sign one this summer and sort out the injury issues, we need a bit more depth too but I don't think we're that far away.

Need a lot more than 1 for next years starting line-up. Replacement for Sagna ( Jenks is poo ), Are we that happy with Gibbs/Monreal, Proper DM (Flamini/Arteta not good enough), Left sided attacking midfielder, quick agile striker (Suarez style).
This just for starting 11 - then on top of that we may need defensive cover at CB (especially if Tommy V leaves) & goalkeeping cover (Fabs gone) & if Giroud does us all a favour by going home then we need good striking cover as well.
Your comments on just adding the one & then having a few more to add strength is no different to what we normally do. The continuous injury problems we have every year means that we often have our key players out for long periods with only relatively poor replacements - take away the quality & you lose the momentum that the better players give you - shown this year by our performances after Ramsey & Walcott injuries - we had no other players like them, so the style changes & our results suffer.

Flavs
29-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Never in doubt really, funny that first teamers return and we start winning again...I wonder if there is a correlation there...

Dont have a problem with Giroud at all 21 goals and 8 assists while playing a lot of the season without his main providers is great, we just need something different (not Walcott) up top. I kinda wanted Swansea relegated so we could nip in fro Bony but we might have to settle for Benteke instead....

Dein-machine
29-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Never in doubt really, funny that first teamers return and we start winning again...I wonder if there is a correlation there...

Dont have a problem with Giroud at all 21 goals and 8 assists while playing a lot of the season without his main providers is great, we just need something different (not Walcott) up top. I kinda wanted Swansea relegated so we could nip in fro Bony but we might have to settle for Benteke instead....

Giroud's scored goals but its his overall game & ability that affects the team. He is too slow, too lazy & his touch is not good enough for us to retain possession, often leading to opponents counter attackign because the rest of our midfield had moved ahead of the ball. We need a striker that runs the channels & is able to make the box after laying off a pass to the wing.
Not a bad shout about Bony, why couldn't we get him with Swansea staying up - he'll cost because he's under contract but that's football nowadays, we're either "in it to win it" or not.

Globalgunner
29-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Picked this comment up on Le Grove. Cracked me up no end
“Our third goal happened coincidentally, Özil just kicked the ball on L’Oreals head.
That it went inside was pure luck.”:haha:

Giroud just cant get any love round here....except when he pays cash for it

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Yeah, it's fair enough on Giroud, his 21 goals have been important. He's frustrating as fuck though. A nearly striker. We need someone who looks as shit as Sturridge did a year ago and then miraculously turns into what Sturridge is today. Whoever we get, it needs to be all about pace. Blazing Anelka type pace with Ozil and Rambo firing the bullets.

Dein-machine
29-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Picked this comment up on Le Grove. Cracked me up no end
“Our third goal happened coincidentally, Özil just kicked the ball on L’Oreals head.
That it went inside was pure luck.”:haha:

Giroud just cant get any love round here....except when he pays cash for it

looks like he gets away with it quite lightly on GW - poor bastard, must admit though he couldn't have been aiming his header where he did otherwise it wouldn't have gone it - I'm in agreement with the pure luck brigade

Özil's Panoramic View
29-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Quality striker and a Must Keep.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2014, 12:34 PM
looks like he gets away with it quite lightly on GW - poor bastard, must admit though he couldn't have been aiming his header where he did otherwise it wouldn't have gone it - I'm in agreement with the pure luck brigade

Towards the end of the game he had finally figured out how to get into the box and at least be there when the chances came. Fluke or not he had to be there and that was his main battle yesterday, and on other days. He's too slow to regularly get himself into the key positions that matter for a big striker who relies on stuff through the air and scrambles in the box. So he needs brains instead. He's a bit slow in that department too but there are a few signs he could learn.

Globalgunner
29-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Towards the end of the game he had finally figured out how to get into the box and at least be there when the chances came. Fluke or not he had to be there and that was his main battle yesterday, and on other days. He's too slow to regularly get himself into the key positions that matter for a big striker who relies on stuff through the air and scrambles in the box. So he needs brains instead. He's a bit slow in that department too but there are a few signs he could learn.

Theres always hope. Sheringham was stupid and slow and yet scored tons of goals. He was also ugly and a Spud yet ended up banging Miss GB

Flavs
29-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Yeah, it's fair enough on Giroud, his 21 goals have been important. He's frustrating as fuck though. A nearly striker. We need someone who looks as shit as Sturridge did a year ago and then miraculously turns into what Sturridge is today. Whoever we get, it needs to be all about pace. Blazing Anelka type pace with Ozil and Rambo firing the bullets.

Problem with that fella is that our whole transition game is based on the front man being able to hold the ball up while the inside forwards or the attacking midfielder catch up. Otherwise we would be like in Henry's last couple of seasons when he was so fast he would often find himself completely alone up top with no support. Higuain would have been a great player for us in hindsight as he is big and dirty enough but also has the brain to create that half a yard to swing his foot at it, Giroud doesnt have that for me.

Giroud was outstanding at Montpellier because he had Soulemayne Camara at the side of him in a free role unless we are going to push Ozil up into a striker type role he is less effective.

Weird team Arsenal under wenger, we went from having a solid all round team to having a few stars and a lot of guff to being back to the solid team again.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Giroud has done as well as could, he's not clinical or ruthless enough but hopefully we don't need to be so reliant on him next year.

Get Jackson Martinez tbh.

Özim
29-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Quite surprised Quiff has got 21 goals this season, this means if we'd had a decent striker up top he'd have got closer to 50.

Munchies
29-04-2014, 01:47 PM
I don't mind Giroud as our bench striker.

But I'd perhaps see if Higuain is available again. There were a few links of him to Chelsea if they don't get Costa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqq1hsFQc18

Giroud doesn't offer anything like that

Dein-machine
29-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't mind Giroud as our bench striker.

But I'd perhaps see if Higuain is available again. There were a few links of him to Chelsea if they don't get Costa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqq1hsFQc18

Giroud doesn't offer anything like that

I'm glad the Chav's are going to waste a lot of money on Costa. looks less mobile than Giroud in most of the games Ive seen of him this year. Also think he has a weight problem which is not going to get better with age. Should go to City though because he is a proper pikey. Don't worry about his 30 goals - Johhny Jenson could have scored at least 3 goals in his career if he'd been playing in that Micky Mouse league.

Bumble
30-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Newcastle were robbed by corrupt cheating officials.