PDA

View Full Version : Alexis Sanchez (official).

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Munchies
18-06-2014, 09:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqcRlZ7IAAAl67u.jpg

:pray:

Marc Overmars
18-06-2014, 09:55 PM
No chance

Özim
18-06-2014, 10:57 PM
What does WayneGooney have to say about all this, after all he's the man in the know.

The Emirates Gallactico
18-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Would do horrible things to get him here - he's exactly what we need.

But I thought he had all but agreed a move to Juventus?

Tbh we actually need to make some kind of quality signing soon to deflate the built up pressure and tension among Arsenal fans which is rising as each day passes.

And also wasn't GeoffArsenal widely ridiculed last summer for being a complete fraud?

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2014, 11:39 PM
And also wasn't GeoffArsenal widely ridiculed last summer for being a complete fraud?

Unfairly. He's an incomplete, amateurish fraud.

I am invisible
19-06-2014, 06:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqcRlZ7IAAAl67u.jpg

Truth!

Xhaka Can’t
19-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Then again, we might not.

Letters
19-06-2014, 06:51 AM
Then again, we might not.

Not with that attitude :sulk:

Penguin
19-06-2014, 07:22 AM
He would be an awesome signing but I don't think Wenger would be interested

I am invisible
19-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Is this actually a name that we'd all agree on? :o

selassie
19-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Don't even know why there is talk of Barca selling him. Whenever I watched him for them last season he was very good. He's having a very good world cup too, can't see them letting him go.

Özim
19-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Don't even know why there is talk of Barca selling him. Whenever I watched him for them last season he was very good. He's having a very good world cup too, can't see them letting him go.

If we get linked with players who are a no-go we can waste all summer pretending to chase them, tis the best way to do business.

I am invisible
19-06-2014, 09:38 AM

The way it's being reported, it's Sanchez that wants out - doesn't get on with Messi, or something, and there's only going to be one winner there...

selassie
19-06-2014, 01:12 PM
If we get linked with players who are a no-go we can waste all summer pretending to chase them, tis the best way to do business.

:lol: sad but true

selassie
19-06-2014, 01:14 PM
The way it's being reported, it's Sanchez that wants out - doesn't get on with Messi, or something, and there's only going to be one winner there...

Ah didn't realise he didn't get on with Messi. Can't see him coming to us if he does want out and is allowed to leave, there will be way too much competition for his signature.

I am invisible
19-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Ah didn't realise he didn't get on with Messi. Can't see him coming to us if he does want out and is allowed to leave, there will be way too much competition for his signature.

I get the feeling it's the papers putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22 - apparently Messi didn't trot over and congratulate / celebrate with him when he scored a couple of goals against someone, so that's proof conclusive that they don't get along. If he does want out, I think it's far more likely to be because he's still not a guaranteed starter over there, when he has the talent to be one of the first names on the team sheet in almost any other club in the world?

Oddly enough, I'm not actually too fussed about the competition? As long as we're not up against Man City, Chelsea or PSG (and I think Chelsea are pretty much done with their business already), then I think we could outbid most other clubs, with our income and cash reserves. What I'm more concerned with at this stage is whether our interest is actually genuine or not!

AKBapologist
19-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Papers? So far it's only Geoff

selassie
24-06-2014, 09:38 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10923375/Arsenal-look-to-sign-Alexis-Sanchez-from-Barcelona.html

Arsenal look to sign Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona

Arsene Wenger wants to sign at least one new forward this summer and is also chasing Italy's Mario Balotelli, who AC Milan are keen to cash in on Arsenal look to sign Alex Sanchez from Barcelona
Wanted man: Arsenal are considering a £25 million bid for Alexis Sanchez Photo: EPA

Arsenal have made an enquiry over signing Chile World Cup star Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez is the leading member of the Chile squad that has booked a last-16 place against hosts Brazil on Saturday.
The 25 year-old scored and made a goal in the 3-1, Group B victory over Australia and also helped inspire the famous win against Spain.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been in Brazil in his capacity as a commentator for French television and has used the trip to look at a number of transfer targets.
Wenger wants to sign at least one new forward this summer and is also chasing Italy's Mario Balotelli, who AC Milan are keen to cash in on.

Sportswear manufacturer Puma, who sponsor both Arsenal and Balotelli, are understood to be keen for a deal to happen. Juventus have been leading the chase for Sanchez, while the forward could also be offered to Liverpool as part of a Barcelona bid for Luis Suarez. But Arsenal have now registered an interest in Sanchez, who would cost around £25 million if Barca could be persuaded to sell.

Wenger has the funds at his disposal to sign both Balotelli and Sanchez, but that scenario appears to be unlikely. Unsurprisingly, the biggest worry over Balotelli is his temperament but the 23 year-old would undoubtedly represent an upgrade on Olivier Giroud and is an out-an-out striker. Sanchez is more versatile and can play in a variety of positions across the forward line. He scored 21 goals from the right for Barca this season, his best return since moving to Spain. Sources close to Barca claim the Spanish club are extremely reluctant to let 25-year-old Sanchez go, but that could change if they manage to sign a new top-class forward this summer.
Other than chasing forwards, Arsenal are searching for a new right-back, a dominant central midfielder and a back-up goalkeeper.

I would absolutely love Sanchez here, great player and very versatile. I also feel he would deliver immediately. Sanchez and Balotelli is being too greedy, I can't see us bringing in both.

I am invisible
24-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Fucking A!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Sanchez doesn't fancy playing with players that good huh? Maybe we should give Bendtner another contract....Sanchez will love him.

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-06-2014, 05:34 PM
We're also strongly linked with Sanchez.

Depending on where you read he's either closer to us as part of a Suarez deal, closer to us but separate to any Suarez deal, closer to you or closer to Juve. The reality... who knows.

Injury Time
25-06-2014, 07:24 PM

Depending on where you read he's either closer to us as part of a Suarez deal, closer to us but separate to any Suarez deal, closer to you or closer to Juve. The reality... who knows.
Arsene?

fakeyank
25-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Arsene?

He doesnt know anything. He is busy commentating for the WC. That is obviously more important than running a stupid football club.

Gooner23
25-06-2014, 08:17 PM
He needs the money to be fair

Injury Time
25-06-2014, 08:54 PM
He needs the money to be fair

Tax bill little bit indeed.

Munchies
26-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Apparently he wants to join us..
https://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_/status/481940005892661248

If Suarez does go to Barca, and Liverpool get Shaquiri, then it leaves us in the running.

Alot of it will depend on the Suarez deal, and if they offer him directly to Liverpool.

Grebbo
26-06-2014, 05:04 AM

If it's a straight choice between Arsenal and Pool then I can't see why he'd choose Pool over us. I guess all fans have rose tinted glasses so I wont be shocked if I'm proved wrong.

If, however, Pool want to include him a Suarez deal then I think it will drag on and on. Liverpool simply cannot lose Suarez, he is their team. Also do Barca still want him given he's a PR disaster? They have Neymar and Messi so they're not exactly short of attacking talent.

Man Utd will undoubtably also enter the race for Sanchez maybe even Chelsea as well.

selassie
26-06-2014, 10:08 PM
If it's a straight choice between Arsenal and Pool then I can't see why he'd choose Pool over us. I guess all fans have rose tinted glasses so I wont be shocked if I'm proved wrong.

If, however, Pool want to include him a Suarez deal then I think it will drag on and on. Liverpool simply cannot lose Suarez, he is their team. Also do Barca still want him given he's a PR disaster? They have Neymar and Messi so they're not exactly short of attacking talent.

Man Utd will undoubtably also enter the race for Sanchez maybe even Chelsea as well.

I think he is obtainable if we don't fuck around with the fee and wages. Sanchez is as good as we are likely to get, he's a very good player, in that tier of players below truly world class so Ozil/Di Maria kind of level. He would be a massive signing for us IMO, I hope these rumours of Arsene speaking to his agent are true and I hope we have turned his head.

GP
26-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Ozil is truly world class.

selassie
26-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Ozil is truly world class.

Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi (previously) type level, like top 5 in the World. Ozil isn't there yet.

Alpha
27-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi (previously) type level, like top 5 in the World. Ozil isn't there yet.

Ozil is a world class player , Selassie . Make no mistake . Having a dip form doesn't take away his class .We don't rate him because he plays for us . Had we have a top striker we would have valued him more .

selassie
27-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Ozil is a world class player , Selassie . Make no mistake . Having a dip form doesn't take away his class .We don't rate him because he plays for us . Had we have a top striker we would have valued him more .

I rate Ozil as a top class player, I just don't rate him as one of the top 5 players in the world. Maybe my use of the term "world class" is misleading in this thread, I mean "world class" in the sense of an elite player, a game changer like say Messi, Ronaldo, Robben etc.

I am invisible
27-06-2014, 09:00 PM
No, no, no! Don't start the 'define world-class' argument again!

selassie
27-06-2014, 10:58 PM
No, no, no! Don't start the 'define world-class' argument again!

:lol:

I am invisible
01-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Barcelona's Sporting Director, Andoni Zubizarreta, on Alexis Sanchez (http://football-talk.co.uk/93027/barcelona-confirm-offers-for-alexis-sanchez/?)...

“Regarding the future of Alexis Sanchez, there have been offers for the player,”

“But I do not know how it will all end – we are looking for a solution which will be best for everyone...”

Bearing in mind he also had this to say about Pedro...

“...Pedro, however, is not transferable. I count on Pedro for the future.”

...then it looks pretty likely that Sanchez will be on his way, if the right offer comes in.

Özim
01-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Barcelona's Sporting Director, Andoni Zubizarreta, on Alexis Sanchez (http://football-talk.co.uk/93027/barcelona-confirm-offers-for-alexis-sanchez/?)...

Bearing in mind he also had this to say about Pedro...

...then it looks pretty likely that Sanchez will be on his way, if the right offer comes in.

We should offer £10,000,001.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Looks like Chelsea have their next signing wrapped up then.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2014, 01:28 AM
I'd understand if we get beaten out by the chavs or the gypos, but if we lose out on this guy to Liverpool then really, WTF?

The Emirates Gallactico
02-07-2014, 02:54 AM
No offence to Bibbles or other Liverpool fans on here but I genuinely don't think there's any chance that if it came down to it he'd choose Liverpool over us. We're based in London, probably can offer more in wages, have consistently featured in the CL, have a more respected manager in the world game, will certainly have at least one world superstar at the club next year (Ozil), are on the definite trend up and dare I say it, currently the bigger club. Don't think one really good season from Liverpool will excuse their previous run of poor ones. Even their star player Suarez was itching for a move to us last year when the offer came in.

Similar to the effect of signing Ozil it is absolutely imperative we wrap up a signing of this calibre this summer if not just to flex our muscles and to create an environment conducive to bringing in more world stars in the future. World class players want to play with other world class players - having Ozil, Sanchez and beast Ramsey will certainly entice more to join us in the future.

Marc Overmars
02-07-2014, 07:12 AM
It just depends whether the club are willing to force the issue themselves and go after the player, rather than hang around waiting for something to happen.

I am invisible
02-07-2014, 08:01 AM
A few sites are saying that we've opened the bidding at €25m - apparently that's what Barcelona were originally asking, but they reckon they'll probably bump the price up now after his WC showings?

selassie
02-07-2014, 09:01 AM
The "word on the street" is that Sanchez wants to join us. He would favour a move to us over Liverpool. I have a good feeling about this but I have no doubts that it will drag on for weeks...it wouldn't be an "Arsenal" transfer otherwise.

AFC Leveller
02-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Sanchez would be an amazing signing. Pure quality, perfect age and nevermind off the pitch, the boost he'd give us on the pitch would be bigger than bergy or Ozil.

I am invisible
02-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Moving away from the actual bidding for a second, how do we use him if we do sign him? Does he come in as a world-class wide-forward, or do we make him our main striker? Or do we chop and change between the two depending on the game?

Power n Glory
02-07-2014, 09:51 AM
A few sites are saying that we've opened the bidding at €25m - apparently that's what Barcelona were originally asking, but they reckon they'll probably bump the price up now after his WC showings?

It's not going to happen. His fee will double and we'll pull out.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-07-2014, 10:01 AM
At the moment Sanchez would be my number 1 signing. He has pace, agility, intelligence and can dribble. The closest thing to Suarez without actually buying a cannibal.

I know converting a midfielder into a striker may not be ideal, and usually I would be against it, but I think this guy could do it with ease. He is fucking class.

I am invisible
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
At the moment Sanchez would be my number 1 signing. He has pace, agility, intelligence and can dribble. The closest thing to Suarez without actually buying a cannibal.

I know converting a midfielder into a striker may not be ideal, and usually I would be against it, but I think this guy could do it with ease. He is fucking class.
He pretty much plays as a second striker for Chile, and wide-forwards are near enough the modern day equivalent of goal-poachers (certainly in set-ups like Barcelona's, where you have a 3-man attack with a false 9 in the middle), so I don't even think it would be that much of a transition for him? If you took elements from both roles, then you've pretty much got yourself a main CF...

AFC Leveller
02-07-2014, 10:10 AM
If Liverpool and Barcelona do a deal with Suarez then i think the scousers will be favourites to sign him.

We need to jump right now and make our move before anything happens with the canibal.

The way Sanchez toyed with Brazil was really impressive.

I am invisible
02-07-2014, 10:13 AM
It's not going to happen. His fee will double and we'll pull out.

I don't know if it will double, but I can certainly see it running into the 30s (and that's £s, not €s).

How much do we reckon Barcelona still owe us for Fabregas and Song? And how much do they owe us from the sell-on to Chelsea? Could we put those towards it?

I am invisible
02-07-2014, 10:23 AM
If Liverpool and Barcelona do a deal with Suarez then i think the scousers will be favourites to sign him.

We need to jump right now and make our move before anything happens with the canibal.

The way Sanchez toyed with Brazil was really impressive.
Maybe, maybe not? It's a 3-way decision, involving the player as well as the two clubs, and Sanchez will still have a massive say in where he ends up? It may even work out better for Barcelona, financially, to sell Sanchez independently and do a straight cash deal for Suarez? If, for example, Liverpool are only prepared to drop their asking price by £25m if they chuck Sanchez in, but Barca could sell Sanchez for £35-40m to another club, then it's not actually the best deal for them?

Marc Overmars
02-07-2014, 10:24 AM
I would be stunned if we signed him.

Barca don't sell us shit, it's usually the other way round.

Özim
02-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Talk of Liverpool wanting Sanchez in a deal for Suarez, they have CL football at the end of the day and Barca want Suarez so if he's available and Barca want Suarez enough it could well happen.

Özim
02-07-2014, 10:28 AM
I would be stunned if we signed him.

Barca don't sell us shit, it's usually the other way round.

Yeah don't think we'll be willing to pay what they want either, with Liverpool Barca have an incentive in that they really want Suarez so a deal may suit all parties. If we wanted him we should have gone after him before now just like other clubs have with their signings.

Master Splinter
02-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Don't these slimy, snivelly, wheeling-dealing, dodgy rat bastards still owe us for Cisc and Song (they bought Song :haha:)?

We should have started the bidding at £4m.

I am invisible
02-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Don't these slimy, snivelly, wheeling-dealing, dodgy rat bastards still owe us for Cisc and Song (they bought Song :haha:)?

We should have started the bidding at £4m.

Don't forget Cesc's sell-on clause - our bid is now £0.00 (+ £1), and they give us Sanchez + cash, tbh.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Surely these tapping-up, public purse snatching sons of whores paid up when the chavs dumped a wad on them for Flabbercash? If they still owe us despite the fact the player has been and gone then we aren't as smart with money grabbing and hoarding as we think we are.

selassie
02-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Daily Fail says Sanchez will reject Liverpool for us. Link below...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2677843/Alexis-Sanchez-says-prefer-join-Arsenal-not-Liverpool-despite-Barcelona-wanting-use-Luis-Suarez-deal.html

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Yes, Suarez showed a lot of character by apologising. And Barca randomly praising him was nice too. You know, I think things are starting to improve in football, some of the cynicism and self interest seems to be leaving the sport and this episode is the proof.

Also, just in case we do sign Sanchez, the Daily Fallout has pictured him in the worst pose they could find and remind us he missed a penalty. Despite the fact it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic it still shows admirable prudence and foresight.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-07-2014, 03:52 PM
RAWK as usual getting into a huff about Sanchez allegedly preferring us to them. They still think it's the 80's with how much weight they attach to their brand pulling players like Sanchez in. :rolleyes:

Anyway I've really got this uneasy looming feeling that he'll end up Juventus. It was reported that he had already agreed terms prior to the WC with them and as a former Udinese player he's already used to Italian football and the culture over there. I'm just hoping the allure of playing in a more competitive and respected league like the PL is a big enough draw for him.

Syn
02-07-2014, 04:01 PM
RAWK as usual getting into a huff about Sanchez allegedly preferring us to them. They still think it's the 80's with how much weight they attach to their brand pulling players like Sanchez in. :rolleyes:

Link us up plz.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Yes, Suarez showed a lot of character by apologising. And Barca randomly praising him was nice too. You know, I think things are starting to improve in football, some of the cynicism and self interest seems to be leaving the sport and this episode is the proof.

Also, just in case we do sign Sanchez, the Daily Fallout has pictured him in the worst pose they could find and remind us he missed a penalty. Despite the fact it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic it still shows admirable prudence and foresight.

It's definitely all a massive coincidence.

Tbh, the only way I can see us getting Sanchez is if it's integral to us letting Suarez go. Else I just can't see it.

I am invisible
02-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Anyway I've really got this uneasy looming feeling that he'll end up Juventus. It was reported that he had already agreed terms prior to the WC with them and as a former Udinese player he's already used to Italian football and the culture over there. I'm just hoping the allure of playing in a more competitive and respected league like the PL is a big enough draw for him.
I'm not sure Juventus would be able to match the spending power of the English clubs, if any of us got serious, so let's see what happens...

The Emirates Gallactico
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Link us up plz.

Someone needs to send Alexis a video of us tearing them a new arse hole at Anfield, 4-0 after 20 minutes.

Oh, and them getting rimmed by Manchester City and Chelsea, utter collapse.

They also need to send him the pictures of all the players they've had worth anything, and what's happened to them since joining Arsenal, and after leaving.

There is absolutely no footballing reason why a player would join them over us, none. Even Wenger seems to have lost his touch.

Got to say, i'd be disappointed if we lost Suarez and didn't get Sanchez. Even more so if he went to Arsenal. Im willing to guess we can throw more money at him, since we will be clearing Suarez wages of the bill. Then again, thats not ideal either.

For me, a player with no affiliation to either club should be choosing Liverpool over Arsenal 9 times out of 10 (assuming both are in CL) - then again, I guess you could call me biased. ;D

They are keeping their best players??? Nasri, RVP, Fabregas, Song even this season Sagna. I maybe hugely biased but we have got to be a better prospect under Brendan than Arsenal the serial 'pleased to take parters' And that's just the previous 8 seasons, when you actually compare both club histories then........ I don't need to go on

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314549.1080

A lot of it is just them bashing the article and questioning it's sources.

I'm not sure Juventus would be able to match the spending power of the English clubs, if any of us got serious, so let's see what happens...

If they sell Pogba to us they'll certainly have enough cash. :ninja:

Marc Overmars
02-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Jesus, now I hope we get him just to spite them. :lol:

Syn
02-07-2014, 04:24 PM

Thanks.

Guess they'll be thrilled about this new Telegraph article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10941515/Arsenal-try-to-hijack-Liverpools-signing-of-Chile-and-Barcelona-striker-Alexis-Sanchez.html

No developments, but just more guesswork that Wenger really wants Sanchez.

Marc Overmars
02-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Hopefully we get him and screw up their plans, it would be fitting after being mugged off last year.

Syn
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
They've tied Suarez down to a contract last year. All this talk of selling and replacing Suarez seems mad to me. Even Sanchez would be a significant downgrade. Suarez is absolutely unplayable atm. Must be the best player that's not Messi or Ronaldo. He's entering his prime years and clearly is worth the hassle. Why would they sell? (or swap with Barca for Sanchez?)

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
By all accounts the contract contains a release clause, so if there's no chance of getting Sanchez then I imagine we'll try and keep to that.

I don't think he is worth the hassle anymore. Even last summer I might have said different, but the guy seemingly can't go a season without accruing a long, insane ban. At some point patience will wear thin, no matter how good he is.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-07-2014, 05:31 PM

If they sell Pogba to us they'll certainly have enough cash. :ninja:

:lol: They've only won 1 carling cup in the last 8 years. And also haven't been in the champions league for 5 years.

Idiots.

Syn
02-07-2014, 05:35 PM
By all accounts the contract contains a release clause, so if there's no chance of getting Sanchez then I imagine we'll try and keep to that.

I don't think he is worth the hassle anymore. Even last summer I might have said different, but the guy seemingly can't go a season without accruing a long, insane ban. At some point patience will wear thin, no matter how good he is.

Fair enough. You're trading that off against the likelihood that he'd land you a league title if you made a couple of good signings in midfield and defence. Agree that it'd either end in glory or tears. Sanchez would be a good fit at Liverpool in one of the wide positions, but wonder after being in the shadow at Barca if he wants to be the lone striker from now on.

Marc Overmars
02-07-2014, 05:45 PM
:lol: They've only won 1 carling cup in the last 8 years. And also haven't been in the champions league for 5 years.

Idiots.

Yeah but they're on an "upward trajectory" apparently.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Yeah but they're on an "upward trajectory" apparently.

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/05/when_does_the_future_start-47932.gif

Munchies
02-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Imagine their fans if Liverpool actually won the league

I bet all of you 'save football' posters back when they were in the running are pleased Stevie Me let it slip

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2014, 07:16 PM

I bet all of you 'save football' posters back when they were in the running are pleased Stevie Me let it slip

Liverpool winning it would be like inappropriate petting, but the chavs and gypos, that's unstaunchable anal bleeding after a brutal rogering at gunpoint.

Özim
02-07-2014, 08:02 PM

Great post, I'm so glad Liverpool never won the title, they would have been intolerable! Save football my arse! :lol:

Munchies
02-07-2014, 09:22 PM
GeoffArsenal just done his usual 'yes we're in for so and so' then deleted the link regarding Sanchez :lol:

Metro saying we're offering him a 6 year contract on 130k. Massive amount of money, which is why I think he's favouring us

GP
02-07-2014, 09:30 PM
It's happening.

Maestro
02-07-2014, 09:40 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-liverpool-barcelona-3801658

rag rumour says it's straight cash suarez

selassie
02-07-2014, 09:53 PM
GeoffArsenal just done his usual 'yes we're in for so and so' then deleted the link regarding Sanchez :lol:

Metro saying we're offering him a 6 year contract on 130k. Massive amount of money, which is why I think he's favouring us

Rumour is that we have offered 25Million Euros, the Scousers have offered 35Million Euros, classic "Arsenal" lowballing.

I do think we stand a high chance of signing him but I do worry about our insistence on paying what we morally believe to be the correct fee and not the market rate, we shall see.......

Xhaka Can’t
02-07-2014, 10:03 PM
How much for a Mars bar?

selassie
02-07-2014, 10:05 PM
How much for a Mars bar?

Munchies
02-07-2014, 10:06 PM
How much for a Mars bar?

bought like 4 for a £1 from tesco the other day as it was on offer :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Twitter is going fucking insane. Shit load of journo's saying we've agreed a deal.

They can't all be wrong can they?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Why do we do it to ourselves....

ARightTouch
03-07-2014, 02:11 AM
CMON Wenger please...Feo and Sanchez in front of Ozil = :cloud9:

Here we go again though getting carried away with a big signing when in reality we know whats going to happen - or not as the case may be!!!!!

If this is our only 20m+ signing ill be happy

I am invisible
03-07-2014, 09:22 AM

£130k a week plus a big signing on on fee.

Allegedly.

I am invisible
03-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Rumour is that we have offered 25Million Euros, the Scousers have offered 35Million Euros, classic "Arsenal" lowballing.

I do think we stand a high chance of signing him but I do worry about our insistence on paying what we morally believe to be the correct fee and not the market rate, we shall see.......
The more I think about it, the more I think that €25m offer rumour is probably bollocks. I don't doubt that we're very much interested, and may well be involved in discussions with all parties, but it all sounds suspiciously like the £20m figure that the gossip sites were putting out there before the WC? I'm guessing someone has just rehashed that number and added our name to make a new "exclusive", because it sounds exactly like the kind of cheap-ass thing that most people would expect us to do...

Marc Overmars
03-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Liverpool will get him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-07-2014, 09:56 AM
£20m or whatever we've offered is not bollocks because they still owe us money for Cesc and Song. If they value him at £30m, which seems to be the asking price for Liverpool, then £20m from us is the equivalent as they probably owe us £10m.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Liverpool will get him.

Fuck, think positive! THINK BIG!

Liverpool will get him and we'll sell them Ramsey for a big a chunk of the cash they get from Suarez.

I am invisible
03-07-2014, 10:13 AM
£20m or whatever we've offered is not bollocks because they still owe us money for Cesc and Song. If they value him at £30m, which seems to be the asking price for Liverpool, then £20m from us is the equivalent as they probably owe us £10m.

True enough, but it could also mean that it's £20m in total, with us only looking to pay £10m cash after we've written off what they still owe us?

Or there's this new theory going around, that we've agreed terms with the player in principal, but haven't got as far as thrashing out a fee with Barca yet? Who knows - sounds like these guys are just chucking every possibility out there at the moment, so they can claim that they were right if something happens...

Power n Glory
03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Look, when papers are still speculating about prices and fees, we've already lost and too slow off the mark. It's not a good sign and reminds me of Higuain and Suarez.

Özim
03-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Look, when papers are still speculating about prices and fees, we've already lost and too slow off the mark. It's not a good sign and reminds me of Higuain and Suarez.

By the time we get our act together someone else will have signed him if he's available, we're just too slow at doing business, if we really want a player we should just pay up and sign him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
True enough, but it could also mean that it's £20m in total, with us only looking to pay £10m cash after we've written off what they still owe us?

Or there's this new theory going around, that we've agreed terms with the player in principal, but haven't got as far as thrashing out a fee with Barca yet? Who knows - sounds like these guys are just chucking every possibility out there at the moment, so they can claim that they were right if something happens...

If we've made a bid of £20m it means we've offered £20m. If we wanted to make it a total of £20m we would have bid £10m.

The Emirates Gallactico
03-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Also, the reason we may have only offered 22 million is that it's all cash up front, because as we're all to painfully aware by now ....... we have a LOT of cash reserves, sitting gathering dust in a bank somewhere.

Barca are going after Suarez and I don't think they're currently in a healthy position regarding cash (Spanish economy + Neymar debacle + poor season) so I suspect they may desperately need cash up front. 22 million in a one of cash injection may be more attractive than 30 million spread over the course of four years.

Very clever on our part if true and it works.

And even though I'm one of those of those that keeps complaining about lowball offers at the expense of us missing out, because it's Barca, part of me kind hopes we can fleece them off using our financial muscle. I still haven't forgiven those cunts for constantly lowballing us for our players, the worst of it for Cesc who we really should have got 50 million for but for him getting unsettled from the "constant Barca DNA" stuff their press team of Puyol, Pique, Xavi + <insert greasy Catalan twat> came out with.

Syn
03-07-2014, 11:31 AM
You have to be annoyed with Arsenal, not Barca. It wasn't like a Van Persie/Nasri/Sagna situation where contracts were running out. We accepted a low offer for Cesc and also Song, Hleb and Henry when they had many years of their contract left. I don't think Liverpool would've sold for those bids. If they don't get their £75m for Suarez, they'll make him stay whether he likes it or not. We weren't tough enough.

Kano
03-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I think it's Liverpool in the weaker position here. Only last year they signed him up to a new contract, put all that effort in to 'rehabilitate' him and made noises he's going nowhere. Only a season later they realise what a disaster he is to have at their club and have to sell. They'll pitch it at 80m but they'll sell for less. Barca, Suarez and everyone else knows they have to.

Power n Glory
03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Why do they have to sell?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I agree, they don't have to sell and deep down they already knew what trouble he was....but they will have their price for him. Their fans would pardon Hitler if he could play a bit. I expected Suarez to leave this summer even before he took to Imperitor Chiellini's shoulder. I just thought that it would be to Real rather than Barca. But if it happens, somebody at Barca will need to give way and get pissed off. We would do well to capitalise.

On this Barca still owe us money thing, it is obviously true that they do but paying transfers in 2-4 instalments over a few years is a pretty standard arrangement between many teams and an awful lot of deals are done this way. I suspect that Barca will be happy to keep the arrangement in place as it is as many teams do, even in repeat negotiations with the team they have the arrangement with. We won't necessarily factor it in and offset the amount in any deal involving Barca imo.

As far as I can see, we are going to pay some way over the odds for a world class CF(who may well be unideal too ability wise)...or a little over the odds for a world class wide forward and that is why Sanchez who really is flavour of the month on here, represents a very good deal.

Özim
03-07-2014, 12:44 PM
I agree, they don't have to sell and deep down they already knew what trouble he was....but they will have their price for him. Their fans would pardon Hitler if he could play a bit. I expected Suarez to leave this summer even before he took to Imperitor Chiellini's shoulder. I just thought that it would be to Real rather than Barca. But if it happens, somebody at Barca will need to give way and get pissed off. We would do well to capitalise.

On this Barca still owe us money thing, it is obviously true that they do but paying transfers in 2-4 instalments over a few years is pretty standard arrangement between many teams and awful lot of deals are done this way. I suspect that Barca will be happy to keep the arrangement in place as it is as many teams do, even in repeat negotiations with the team they have the arrangement with. We won't necessarily factor it in and offset the amount in any deal involving Barca imo.

As far as I can see, we are going to pay some way over the odds for a CF...or a little over the odds for a wide forward and that is why Sanchez who really is flavour of the month on here, represents a very good deal.

selassie
03-07-2014, 12:55 PM
By the time we get our act together someone else will have signed him if he's available, we're just too slow at doing business, if we really want a player we should just pay up and sign him.

Yeah I am getting a horrible feeling our approach for him is going nowhere. I can just picture Chelsea or Man City swooping in and buying him.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Why do they have to sell?

They have to sell because once one of these comedy dopers unsettles the player and flashes enough stolen cash around it becomes a shitfest, more trouble than it's worth if you want to actually get on with the business of competing in a football league. You've seen the dirty shit the Spanish dopers have got up to when chasing our players, the fuckers going as far as to pull a shirt over Fabregas' head. They'll do what it takes, they don't play by any rules, they are not held to account. It's just not worth the hassle to try and hang onto a player once one of these clubs comes calling and the player and agent have their heads turned.

Now selling to a direct rival in the same league - that's a completely different matter because the pain of the chase may not be as great as the pain experienced on the pitch.

However, until the authorities (who are the most corrupt of all) magically turn into an agency that has the interests of the game at heart every non-doping club is a target for these cuntish anti-football outfits. Just a fact. With Suarez, add on all the other shit including the most recent dramas and it's worth grabbing the 80 mill and bringing in some players who want to be at the club.

Power n Glory
03-07-2014, 01:08 PM
They have to sell because once one of these comedy dopers unsettles the player and flashes enough stolen cash around it becomes a shitfest, more trouble than it's worth if you want to actually get on with the business of competing in a football league. You've seen the dirty shit the Spanish dopers have got up to when chasing our players, the fuckers going as far as to pull a shirt over Fabregas' head. They'll do what it takes, they don't play by any rules, they are not held to account. It's just not worth the hassle to try and hang onto a player once one of these clubs comes calling and the player and agent have their heads turned.

Now selling to a direct rival in the same league - that's a completely different matter because the pain of the chase may not be as great as the pain experienced on the pitch.

However, until the authorities (who are the most corrupt of all) magically turn into an agency that has the interests of the game at heart every non-doping club is a target for these cuntish anti-football outfits. Just a fact. With Suarez, add on all the other shit including the most recent dramas and it's worth grabbing the 80 mill and bringing in some players who want to be at the club.

They'd be foolish not to sell him for £80m by why would they have to settle for less? That's the question.

saintnickle
03-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Also, the reason we may have only offered 22 million is that it's all cash up front, because as we're all to painfully aware by now ....... we have a LOT of cash reserves, sitting gathering dust in a bank somewhere.

Barca are going after Suarez and I don't think they're currently in a healthy position regarding cash (Spanish economy + Neymar debacle + poor season) so I suspect they may desperately need cash up front. 22 million in a one of cash injection may be more attractive than 30 million spread over the course of four years.

Very clever on our part if true and it works.

And even though I'm one of those of those that keeps complaining about lowball offers at the expense of us missing out, because it's Barca, part of me kind hopes we can fleece them off using our financial muscle. I still haven't forgiven those cunts for constantly lowballing us for our players, the worst of it for Cesc who we really should have got 50 million for but for him getting unsettled from the "constant Barca DNA" stuff their press team of Puyol, Pique, Xavi + <insert greasy Catalan twat> came out with.

:haha:

Özim
03-07-2014, 01:13 PM
I'd be surprised if they sold him for anything less that what they wanted, as we saw last summer when they dig their heels in then they don't budge.

That's unless there's a clause in his contract stipulating a price, or they've just had enough of him (possible) of course, the ban will obviously help lower the fee a bit perhaps.

I am invisible
03-07-2014, 01:24 PM
They had the advantage of it being a WC year when they dug their heels in last summer though - what's gonna be Suarez's motivation this season, if they block his big move and force him to stay?

Penguin
03-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Why did Suarez sign a new contract with them anyway? There must have been some kind of clause to allow him to get a move, otherwise there would be no chance of him signing. If it was just a verbal agreement he deserves to stay there and rot for his own stupidity.

Syn
03-07-2014, 01:43 PM
They had the advantage of it being a WC year when they dug their heels in last summer though - what's gonna be Suarez's motivation this season, if they block his big move and force him to stay?

The idea that players sulk and under perform if made to stay is talked about too much. It generally doesn't happen, especially not with a character like Suarez who is obsessed with winning. If he's on the pitch you get 100% commitment.

KSE Comedy Club
03-07-2014, 01:48 PM
The latest is that we have agreed personal terms with him but not a fee with barca.

Currently our offer is less than pools.

No surprises there then tbh.

Özim
03-07-2014, 01:50 PM
I never get this, isn't agreeing personal terms before agreeing a fee tapping up?

I would have thought agreeing a fee with his club should be the first thing you do, bit of a waste of time if they don't want to sell.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Yup. Never quite got that either.....

Power n Glory
03-07-2014, 01:56 PM
The idea that players sulk and under perform if made to stay is talked about too much. It generally doesn't happen, especially not with a character like Suarez who is obsessed with winning. If he's on the pitch you get 100% commitment.

Yeah, in most cases the players just get on with it. I thought Suarez would have thrown a major strop last summer since Liverpool broke their contractual agreement and word regarding his release clause. Then you also have Bale/Spurs as another example. They milked Real for every penny. Then blew the lot on magic beans. :lol:

Power n Glory
03-07-2014, 02:02 PM
I never get this, isn't agreeing personal terms before agreeing a fee tapping up?

I would have thought agreeing a fee with his club should be the first thing you do, bit of a waste of time if they don't want to sell.

Things must be so loose in football, nobody is willing to drag the affair out in court. What we did with Cole didn't really work. We still had an unhappy player on our hands that ended up going to Chelsea anyway.

Maybe clubs are working with the agents and it's not tapping up unless the player actually meets with the club reps. Who knows. All BS.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-07-2014, 02:02 PM
It doesn't serve the players purpose to 'sulk' for a year and churn out dross performances because that doesn't keep him as a desirable asset for the next club. You might still get a club but the biggest clubs are fickle and their attention span is short for players not playing well.

I agree that it is often overplayed and telling a player to to shut the fuhk up and lump it is something that has been long overdue over the Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I suppose the club gives permission for the player's agent to whore his arse around the place. Or it's written into the contract.

Niall_Quinn
It doesn't serve the players purpose to 'sulk' for a year and churn out dross performances because that doesn't keep him as a desirable asset for the next club. You might still get a club but the biggest clubs are fickle and their attention span is short for players not playing well.

I agree that it is often overplayed and telling a player to to shut the fuhk up and lump it is something that has been long overdue over the Arsenal.

In most cases. But then there are the Tevez types who don't give a shit. Depends on the player.

Dein-machine
The latest is that we have agreed personal terms with him but not a fee with barca.

Currently our offer is less than pools.

No surprises there then tbh.

Are we still letting this Dick Turpin or whatever the fuck his name is do our dealings for us. Pay the extra bit Dick, you prick. Is he some kind of pensioner that still thinks a pint is a few bob.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Are we still letting this Dick Turpin or whatever the fuck his name is do our dealings for us. Pay the extra bit Dick, you prick. Is he some kind of pensioner that still thinks a pint is a few bob.

Wish he was Dick Turpin.

AFC Leveller
03-07-2014, 03:15 PM
We cannot lose out to Liverpool, NO way. we have more cash and better players. please wumger dont let us down again.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Their fans would pardon Hitler if he could play a bit

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Xhaka Can’t
03-07-2014, 07:13 PM

I believe that a Club can agree to let you agree terms with a player concurrently while negotiating the transfer fee.

The Emirates Gallactico
03-07-2014, 08:14 PM

Idiots.

Their small minds don't seem to extend far past last season to the seasons where they struggled to even make it into Europa. :lol:

They seem to also attach a lot of weight to the fact we're not in CL proper unlike them because we have a qualifying match to play. As if we've never got past some pub team from Macedonia before. :rolleyes:

I honestly do think any neutral fan/player would agree that we're currently a bigger draw to play for than Liverpool and it's not only because London > Liverpool. Hence it's not that surprising to me that we're hearing reports that Sanchez prefers to come to us.

Anyway that thread descended into a bitter dig about London and why it isn't so great. :lol:

It happens this way in nearly every semi big transfer.

I think what normally happens is that the club discreetly meets with one of the myriad of advisers/representatives/agents of the player and often using to a third party themselves to avoid accountability. The player is sounded out about a move and general non-official/committal terms are agreed between the groups. It's a lot more time and resources consuming to agree a fee between two clubs which is why clubs don't want to waste time with it if the player is not directly open to a move.

Only a complete moron of a player (*cough* Cashley *cough*) would directly meet with an actual club representative of another club when still in contract. :doh:

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-07-2014, 08:25 PM
I think I've figured this out.

Liverpool fans think they're the bigger club and players would rather play for them. Also, London is a shit hole.
Arsenal fans think they're the bigger club and players would rather play for them. Also, Liverpool is a shit hole.

One side is rational and measured whilst the other side is mad and blinkered.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Pretty much.

I think most players, from other countries love a bit of London though.

Munchies
03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Sánchez's agent Fernando Felicevich (@ffelicevich) has just followed Özil, Santi, Giroud, Arteta and Arsenal on twitter.

https://twitter.com/ffelicevich/following

:popcorn:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I wanted Liverpool to win the league last season but thank fuck they didn't. The way their fans have been going on and they're only just back in Europe.

Never making that mistake again.

Munchies
03-07-2014, 09:14 PM
I wanted Liverpool to win the league last season but thank fuck they didn't. The way their fans have been going on and they're only just back in Europe.

Never making that mistake again.

MO, NQ and Maccy were goin on about that save football shit all the time, man it was dragging on.

THank fuck City won the league, no one even cares that they won it :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
All fans chat bollocks, of course you'll find lunatics on RAWK, that'd be the case if they finished tenth.

No need to name names Munchies, bit low tbf.

Grebbo
03-07-2014, 09:22 PM
I think I've figured this out.

Liverpool fans think they're the bigger club and players would rather play for them. Also, London is a shit hole.
Arsenal fans think they're the bigger club and players would rather play for them. Also, Liverpool is a shit hole.

One side is rational and measured whilst the other side is mad and blinkered.

That's fair except London for a rich person is one of the best cities in the world, Liverpool certainly is not.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Not RAWK btw, Twitter.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-07-2014, 09:25 PM
QED.

Having said that, it is annoying with so many having the same view. It's not just restricted to Liverpool fans in their view of us, Man Utd fans have been fairly embittered over it too - much like Özil. I think they have a hard time adjusting to the fact we've signed a high profile player from a club much bigger than us, when they never have.

They get involved in this obsession with 'trophies, of course all players want to them but if it was just about that then players would never leave Barca or Marketing.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2014, 09:46 PM
MO, NQ and Maccy were goin on about that save football shit all the time, man it was dragging on.

THank fuck City won the league, no one even cares that they won it :lol:

Don't associate my good name or my handsome visage with those dubious characters.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2014, 09:48 PM
QED.

Having said that, it is annoying with so many having the same view. It's not just restricted to Liverpool fans in their view of us, Man Utd fans have been fairly embittered over it too - much like Özil. I think they have a hard time adjusting to the fact we've signed a high profile player from a club much bigger than us, when they never have.

They get involved in this obsession with 'trophies, of course all players want to them but if it was just about that then players would never leave Barca or Marketing.

They haven't had nearly as hard a time adjusting as the media. They fucking hate us for signing Ozil and have embarked on a bitter campaign which has followed the poor sod to the world cup, not that he's bothered I suppose. Then we went and won a trophy. They must have been cutting themselves after that.

Marc Overmars
03-07-2014, 10:49 PM
That's fair except London for a rich person is one of the best cities in the world, Liverpool certainly is not.

Pretty much.

Sanchez knows the score. It's just down to whether that dastardly lot at Barca want to deal with us.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Liverpool are certainly a bigger club than us. Not sure how that is even up for debate, even if they aren't currently any more competitive but Liverpool as a City is hardly comparable to London IMO.

I can understand why a player might want to join them over us.....much as I'd rather not admit to that, but an argument can be made in our favour.

But yes....nobody really cares that City won it and it is simply what they are expected to do.

Harland
04-07-2014, 06:08 AM
So apparently the agent of Sanchez followed the official Arsenal twitter page along with Ozil, Giroud, Cazorla and Arteta.

So that means Sanchez is definitely joining Arsenal then.

Or it could also mean Arsenal, Ozil, Giroud, Cazorla and Arteta are joining Barca.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/alexis-sanchezs-agent-hints-at-arsenal-transfer-by-following-gunners-stars-on-twitter-4786271/

GP
04-07-2014, 06:49 AM
Arteta :lol:

Munchies
04-07-2014, 11:25 AM
ffs City are reportedly interested in him again

Özim
04-07-2014, 11:39 AM
They don't have that much to spend though right?

The Emirates Gallactico
04-07-2014, 11:43 AM
They don't have that much to spend though right?

Hearing reports that they may sell Negredo to free up a berth but to also bring in funds to allow them to buy Sanchez.

City :doh:

Especially with a fellow Chilean in Pellegrini there, can't see any chance of us getting him if City are involved. Come on Wenger wrap this up asap. :pray:

Niall_Quinn
04-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Odd, because Negredo is the best striker in the history of the universe - Wenger :doh:

These gypo cunts don't need any more playa, but I guess it hurts them to see any other clubs trying to sign a few. This is why we'll have to pay over the odds for anyone we want. Get the player and agent interested, bid high, get the deal done before the desert mob or the Russian Mafia can move. Fuck around trying to get a cheap arsed meal deal though and all we are doing is waving a flag for the comedy mob to come in flashing their wad.

AKBapologist
04-07-2014, 01:35 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/alexis-sanchezs-agent-hints-at-arsenal-transfer-by-following-gunners-stars-on-twitter-4786271/?

twitter :lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Odd, because Negredo is the best striker in the history of the universe - Wenger :doh:

These gypo cunts don't need any more playa, but I guess it hurts them to see any other clubs trying to sign a few. This is why we'll have to pay over the odds for anyone we want. Get the player and agent interested, bid high, get the deal done before the desert mob or the Russian Mafia can move. Fuck around trying to get a cheap arsed meal deal though and all we are doing is waving a flag for the comedy mob to come in flashing their wad.

He's certainly better than our lot....as is Djeko and they are unsurprisingly both expendable to a team who regularly stock pile players. As were Sturridge, Balotelli and Tevez off the top of my head, all of whom are better than Giroud and Sanogo.

I'm not really convinced they want Sanchez though....it seems a sheepishly easy thing for a journo to throw into the mix of all this fuss, but unfortunately if they really want him, it's hard to see how they won't get him. They are the champions, the manager is Chilean, they will offer the highest wages and the biggest chance of trophies.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-07-2014, 03:54 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

Arsenal in talks to sign Sanchez & Debouchy. AS complicated by #FCB Suarez move but #AFC confident. MD advanced but no fee agreed #LFC #NUFC

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/485421582878535680

Only one thing left to say really - he's on his way!

Poor spelling on Debuchy though.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-07-2014, 03:58 PM
http://www.angryblackladychronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/panic.gif

Master Splinter
05-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Remember when Liverpool got one over us with Sahin and Napoli with Higuain?

Thank fuck they did.

Hope Juventus don't do it this time though.

Syn
05-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Remember when Liverpool got one over us with Sahin and Napoli with Higuain?

Thank fuck they did.

Hope Juventus don't do it this time though.

He'll move to Juventus if they offer a reasonable fee. If they don't, then Man City will get him because of Pellegrini (and money etc.).

The Wengerbabies
05-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Whats the point?

Wenger will just break him a la Ozil, Arshavin etc.

Wenger used to make stars now he kills them.

We should have got rid of him and got Van Gaal when we had the chance.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Wenger used to make stars

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/07/article-0-182A6AE900000578-455_306x423.jpg

The Wengerbabies
05-07-2014, 11:02 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/07/article-0-182A6AE900000578-455_306x423.jpg

A good half season nothing more yet.

Injury Time
05-07-2014, 11:13 PM
A good half season nothing more yet.

Got married, just need a kid or two, pile on the pounds and turn to shit...damn hold on that's me (apart from the married bit :doh: )

Japan Shaking All Over
05-07-2014, 11:26 PM
:console:

The Emirates Gallactico
06-07-2014, 01:34 PM
More on the dick measuring contest between us and Liverpool regarding Alexis' preferred destination. A neutral arbitrator has waded in:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2682153/Alexis-Sanchez-wanted-Arsenal-Liverpool-clock-ticks-Barcelona-career-English-powerhouse-pick-World-Cup.html

Not sure how Rodgers gets a 7 and Wenger only one more than that. Rodgers has barely done anything in the league compared to Wenger who's built a legacy!! Our training ground should have got a 10 (it's the best in England) though I'm not sure about us having a larger global fanbase than Liverpool. At best we're even though I suspect that Liverpool's is still higher. They're massive in Scandinavia and in Australia (had 90,000 singing YNWA at the MCG last summer) whereas we "outfan" them in Asia (Far East + Middle East) and Africa ...... basically the areas where interest in the PL skyrocketed in the early 00's when the game got globalised which coincided with us being really good and Liverpool not. Think it's even in the States though I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool is more strongly supported there due to the influence of English expats.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-07-2014, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8#t=94

Niall_Quinn
06-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Gypos will probably wheel a barrow load of stolen cash in anyway. They must have been alerted to the fact other clubs want to buy players by now.

Power n Glory
06-07-2014, 03:41 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/06/arsenal-have-32m-alexis-sanchez-transfer-offer-accepted-by-barcelona-4788690/

Our bid has been accepted according to Metro and Goal. Waiting for a more reliable source! :lol:

Niall_Quinn
06-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Looks like Sanogo may have seen off Campbell's challenge.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/05/arsenals-joel-campbell-set-for-another-loan-spell-as-everton-newcastle-southampton-and-west-ham-hover-4787920/

If true...

D

O

H

and

F

U

C

K

AFC Leveller
06-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Some reports suggesting Liverpool have signed Markovic from Benfica. It could mean they have given up on Sanchez.

Munchies
06-07-2014, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=73zskaCNbrw

Wow!!!

GP
06-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Yep, he's the real deal.

Not like that Fraud Ozil.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-07-2014, 07:15 PM
It will be utterly sickening if it doesn't happen now. We should be used to it by now though.

ARightTouch
06-07-2014, 07:25 PM
It will be utterly sickening if it doesn't happen now. We should be used to it by now though.

Would you really be surprised if it doesn't happen???

Pissed off yes....surprised no

The longer we drag it out now the less likely it will happen imo, why cant we get a deal done and dusted like other clubs?

As soon as Debuchy, Sanchez exited the world it should have been bish bosh bang, announcement, move onto the next targets.

Get them in for pre season not halfway through the league!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-07-2014, 07:42 PM
No, I wouldn't as I suggested. Not arsed about DeDouche but Sanchez ticks a lot of boxes, so if we sign him I will be almost willing to forgive weakening our backline. Almost...

As we all keep exasperatingly saying, there are a few positions to fill this summer so I wish we would just get on with it, but we all know it won't be completely over till the window closes. So I am sitting comfortably till the very end......or rather, uncomfortably.

Syn
06-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Lol at hope havers. Just lol. Man Utd will sign Vidal for £50m, giving Juventus the money to get Sanchez. Wenger will be playing beach football and play Jenkinson upfront for the new season. And as we poast our rage, he'll be burning £50 notes in front of starving orphans.

Injury Time
06-07-2014, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=73zskaCNbrw

Wow!!!

Pfft 8 miss hit crosses and a couple shin ins not sure what the hype is about tbh, we have Campbell to sell and a Sanogo to ruin further in that position, and some gargoyle mimicking pretty boy who can miss there- Sanchez not Arsenal quality :sulk:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I think it's safe to say this one has moved on to It's on! territory now.

Injury Time
06-07-2014, 10:15 PM

Still in talks with Liverpool :coffee:

Injury Time
07-07-2014, 07:21 AM

Citeh to gazzump the deal etc :coffee:

selassie
07-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Yup, this one is dragging on, let's hope it isn't "Higuian" MKII.

I got to admit I have switched off from this one, can't be investing my time in it for fear of us screwing up the deal..

AFC Leveller
07-07-2014, 10:04 AM
September 2014, Wenger says:

Yes (we were in for him) but as well you will be surpirsed at how many players we almost signed. We have Giroud, Campbell and Sanogo when he comes back, who i have high hopes for. the solution is not always to buy, we like to find internal solutions.

I am invisible
07-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Yup, this one is dragging on, let's hope it isn't "Higuian" MKII.

I got to admit I have switched off from this one, can't be investing my time in it for fear of us screwing up the deal..

The Higuain collapse was more about our own indecision than anything else - we pretty much abandoned that deal in favour of going after a better player that we wanted more. It looks like we're pretty set on Sanchez this time though, so hopefully we won't get bored and wander off half way through the talks again...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-07-2014, 03:07 PM
September 2014, Wenger says:

Yes (we were in for him) but as well you will be surpirsed at how many players we almost signed. We have Giroud, Campbell and Sanogo when he comes back, who i have high hopes for. the solution is not always to buy, we like to find internal solutions.
:d :lol:

AKBapologist
07-07-2014, 09:43 PM
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-admit-defeat-pursuit-7386726
well thats that then.

Marc Overmars
07-07-2014, 09:46 PM

Injury Time
07-07-2014, 09:48 PM

You're worshiping the wrong God <_<
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/07/five-facts-about-new-arsenal-trialist-ahmed-fathi/?

selassie
07-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Got a horrible feeling he is going to choose Juve over us....I hope I am worrying for nothing...

Seymour Butts
08-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Got a horrible feeling he is going to choose Juve over us....I hope I am worrying for nothing...

Metro have reported that the Italian press are saying he is flying to London to complete move to AFC after rejecting late offers from Milan and Juve - fingers crossed

AKBapologist
08-07-2014, 11:42 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10953560/Arsenal-hope-to-complete-Alexis-Sanchez-signing-and-fend-off-competition-from-Juventus.html
hmmmm

Until Ornstein says it's a done deal... Not believing a word of it.

Marc Overmars
08-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague · 49m

Convinced Alexis will be an Arsenal player very soon. He wants 2 play 4 Wenger. And the transfer fee won't be huge. Sound business by AFC

Munchies
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
:whistle:

The Emirates Gallactico
08-07-2014, 04:23 PM
It seems to be done though the longer we don't get any official confirmation the more worried I'll be about a possible last minute gazumption by Juventus or City.

At any rate, I do pray that the club have learnt from the Higuain/Suarez debacle last year and don't linger around trusting shady agents/advisers, in the process letting other possible targets slip underneath us. If Sanchez even starts looking like it's not going to go through we need to be on the phone immediately to Greizemann's agent. Whilst Sanchez is the superior player right now, I reckon Greizemann will be at the same level in a year or two from now. That boy is quality and I wouldn't in any way be disappointed if we got him instead of Sanchez.

Maestro
08-07-2014, 04:39 PM
come home sanchez, make it happen Dick & Gazdick ..chop chop! Sky ticker tape ribbon please change status from "confident of" to "having a medical"

I am invisible
08-07-2014, 04:42 PM
SSN Breaking News!

"Arsenal confident of Sanchez having a medical"

Letters
08-07-2014, 04:48 PM
SSN Breaking News!

"Arsenal confident of Sanchez having a medical problem"

Just corrected your error there.

Marc Overmars
08-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 8m

Been told Arsenal will pay less than 30m for Alexis. Lallana was 25. Fair valuation u think considering age, goal record, experience?

The Emirates Gallactico
08-07-2014, 05:03 PM

Been told Arsenal will pay less than 30m for Alexis. Lallana was 25. Fair valuation u think considering age, goal record, experience?

Absolute steal if we get him for less than 30 million!

AFC Leveller
08-07-2014, 05:11 PM
I remember we were all excited and jizzing over the Higuian deal last season before the whole thing turned into one huge mess.

Please Arsenal dont do it again, we cannot take this **** anymore.

Maestro
08-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Right! Off to teacher parents night, please make sure Sanchez is our horse placenta by the time I return!

Knowing my son, it may be a long stint

The Emirates Gallactico
08-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Just read the replies to that tweet on his feed. Nothing but pure and unadulterated abuse from Liverpool fans. :lol::lol:

@GuillemBalague HAHAHA FUCK OFF U SPANISH CUNT

@GuillemBalague You've been told nothing, that's why everyone calls you Gullible Blag.

@GuillemBalague Oh shut up, yer tit.

@GuillemBalague How about you F*CKOFF! Your constant negativity towards Liverpool since your boyfriend Rafa left pisses me off!

Marc Overmars
08-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Catalan press claiming it is a done deal, should be announced this week along with Suarez to Barca.

Not believing shit until it's on Arsenal.com tbf.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-07-2014, 05:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsCfyXzIMAADmLW.jpg

Can't verify this but this is allegedly him at the Emirates after completing his medical.

GP
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Yeah that's the Arsenal museum, innit?

Photoshop?

BOBN
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Didnt want Higuain, Benzema, Fabregas back and wasnt excited by Ozil.

But for Sanchez I :whacky:

The Emirates Gallactico
08-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah that's the Arsenal museum, innit?

Photoshop?

Could well be. It's from twitter and you really can't trust anything from there.

Edit - It's confirmed fake. Wearing the same shirt as when he completed his Barca move.

Me :doh:

Twitter :doh:

The Emirates Gallactico
08-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Didnt want Higuain, Benzema, Fabregas back and wasnt excited by Ozil.

But for Sanchez I :whacky:

Erik Lamela - £30 million.
Luke Shaw - £30 million.
Adam Lallana - £25 million
Andy Carroll - £35 million
Stewart Downing - £20 million
David Luiz - £50 million

Alexis Sanchez - < £30 million.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsCa5gJCIAINqlM.jpg

fakeyank
08-07-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm literally pissing my pants in excitement. Make it happen! :dancingman:

Hopefully its not a smokescreen like Higuain last season!! :pray:

Zerlathon
08-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Could well be. It's from twitter and you really can't trust anything from there.

Edit - It's confirmed fake. Wearing the same shirt as when he completed his Barca move.

Me :doh:

Twitter :doh:

I was wondering if it was when I 1st saw it, not you confirmed it it's actually pretty obvious when you look at his outline.

Maestro
08-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Is it done already?

Xhaka Can’t
08-07-2014, 07:09 PM
It seems to be done though the longer we don't get any official confirmation the more worried I'll be about a possible last minute gazumption by Juventus or City.

At any rate, I do pray that the club have learnt from the Higuain/Suarez debacle last year and don't linger around trusting shady agents/advisers, in the process letting other possible targets slip underneath us. If Sanchez even starts looking like it's not going to go through we need to be on the phone immediately to Greizemann's agent. Whilst Sanchez is the superior player right now, I reckon Greizemann will be at the same level in a year or two from now. That boy is quality and I wouldn't in any way be disappointed if we got him instead of Sanchez.
It may actually have been done with the timing of the official announcement held back to coincide with the kit launch.

Niall_Quinn
08-07-2014, 07:16 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/sanchez-signs_zps968a9499.jpg

It's done!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Would prefer Lawrie Sanchez tbf.

Niall_Quinn
08-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Any ideas for an angle on moaning about this transfer? It's a toughie. Wenger has fucked us over.

Özim
08-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Great signing.

hymppi
08-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Any ideas for an angle on moaning about this transfer? It's a toughie. Wenger has fucked us over.

Well, he's short. And won't score over 25 goals. #wengerout

I am invisible
09-07-2014, 06:28 AM
HOW ABOUT IF WE JUST SPEAK IN CAPITALS?!! WENGER OUT!

I am invisible
09-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Arseblog (http://news.arseblog.com/2014/07/report-wengers-private-meeting-seduced-sanchez/) are running a story from Sport.es who, in turn, are saying that Wenger and Sanchez had a private meeting in Brazil, and that's what swung the deal for us - hopefully there's been a few other private chats going on with other players too, in between the sunbathing and pina coladas?

selassie
09-07-2014, 09:01 AM
This one is pretty much done. Great signing, Ozil and Sanchez in successive summer windows is not too be sniffed at. Hoping for a top class DM now to round off what could be a great window.

AFC Leveller
09-07-2014, 10:40 AM
http://ucesy-sk.happyhair.sk/celebrity_img/thumbsa/bledel2f1610.jpg

Alexis Bledel

Penguin
09-07-2014, 10:41 AM
ok.. :unsure:

Fist of Lehmann
09-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Arseblog (http://news.arseblog.com/2014/07/report-wengers-private-meeting-seduced-sanchez/) are running a story from Sport.es who, in turn, are saying that Wenger and Sanchez had a private meeting in Brazil, and that's what swung the deal for us - hopefully there's been a few other private chats going on with other players too, in between the sunbathing and pina coladas?

In fact, they say Wenger 'seduced' him.

But overall, I suppose it gives the lie to the idea we can't do business in his absence.
Or that that he wasn't doing anything useful out there.

Have to give props to Sheriff Dick Law on this one too.

milla
09-07-2014, 01:03 PM
http://ucesy-sk.happyhair.sk/celebrity_img/thumbsa/bledel2f1610.jpg

Alexis Bledel

my missus is 10 times better :coffee:

Marc Overmars
09-07-2014, 01:28 PM
In fact, they say Wenger 'seduced' him.

But overall, I suppose it gives the lie to the idea we can't do business in his absence.
Or that that he wasn't doing anything useful out there.

Have to give props to Sheriff Dick Law on this one too.

I think it shows that while Wenger may have fallen behind competitively in recent years, he's still one of the most respected and highly regarded figures in the game.

AFC Leveller
09-07-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.h1n.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/arsene-wenger-cheeky-smile-h1n-net-300x180.jpg
I think it shows that while Wenger may have fallen behind competitively in recent years, he's still one of the most respected and highly regarded figures in the game.

Marc Overmars
09-07-2014, 01:36 PM
http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/wenger5.jpg

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2014, 01:41 PM

That's not as erotic as he thinks.

AFC Leveller
09-07-2014, 01:42 PM
http://purelyfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/wenger-craig-709x453.jpg

Grebbo
09-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Give Wenger money and he'll sign good players. Glad he's been given this Puma cash to spend, fuck knows he's waited long enough for it. Wouldn't have felt right seeing him leave before he had a chance to spend the money that he effectively created.

Master Splinter
09-07-2014, 03:18 PM

http://israbox.com/uploads/posts/2009-01/1232722820_2000.jpg

Globalgunner
09-07-2014, 03:40 PM
http://israbox.com/uploads/posts/2009-01/1232722820_2000.jpg

Men of a certain age fancy ladies of a certain age.

i still would though!

GP
09-07-2014, 06:49 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 13m
Arsenal close to completing Sanchez signing for around £30m. Deal in principle & personal terms agreed, just some details to sort #AFC #FCB

http://media0.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Barca getting rid of Sanchez and keeping Neymar :haha:

Master Splinter
09-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Ha ha ha we're signing Kalou aren't we?

And Barry ha ha ha.

RomfordPele
09-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Fair play wenger and the board. This is an awesome signing.

Just need to finish the job now and get the DM slot sorted as we could genuinely have a title winning side on our hands.

Massively exciting times - roll on august, can't wait!

Maestro
09-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Is he signed then?

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Is he signed then?

No, but we are in the assumption period.

RomfordPele
09-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Ornstein saying deal in principle now in place and personal terms agreed.

Even our negotiators would be hard-pressed to fuck it up from here.

fakeyank
09-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Time to bring De Jong home tbh.. :coffee:

GP
09-07-2014, 08:33 PM
They got it all wrong. We've actually signed Alexei Sayle.

Munchies
09-07-2014, 08:56 PM
It'll coincide with the Puma shirt announcement then

:popcorn:

My threads :bow:

Marc Overmars
09-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Good for Puma so all the Sanchez shirts fly off the shelf on launch day. All about the monies.

Munchies
09-07-2014, 11:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsI3IWQCUAEWldd.jpg

Marc Overmars
09-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Nike kit. :doh:

Photoshoppers getting lazy.

Munchies
09-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Not long for him to appear in a Puma shirt :whistle:

Will Wenger stick him out wide ala Arshavin/Nasri?

Munchies
09-07-2014, 11:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsHv5u0IcAA0C0k.png

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Not long for him to appear in a Puma shirt :whistle:

Will Wenger stick him out wide ala Arshavin/Nasri?

Honestly speaking, where else will he go? I'd be amazed if he doesn't play wide. Amazed. We have enough central players as it is and Wenger fancies a unit in the central forward role these days.

Marc Overmars
10-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Puma launch is at 11pm, think it's live on Arsenal player. Strange really to have an event like this so late, unless something extra big is planned...

Sanchez to do a Goldberg entrance? :popcorn:

I am invisible
10-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Honestly speaking, where else will he go? I'd be amazed if he doesn't play wide. Amazed. We have enough central players as it is and Wenger fancies a unit in the central forward role these days.

If we're planning on using Sanchez as a wide forward, then we need another CF - Giroud is OK for one option, but Sanogo isn't ready (and may never be), and I'm really not convinced by either Walcott or Podolski in that central role.

Not that I'd be unhappy with bringing in a CF as well as Sanchez - it just means there's more work to do. Who's left as a realistic target now?

Özim
10-07-2014, 11:50 AM
I'd be amazed if he doesn't play wide. Amazed.

Central midfield I reckon.

Syn
10-07-2014, 12:11 PM
David Ornstein, @bbcsport_david: Final Sanchez fee around £35m, medical later today, not unveiled at kit launch.

Solid work, Arsenal. Hopefully should take some of the pressure off the potential World Cup winning failure Ozil.

AFC Leveller
10-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo have confirmed on Thursday afternoon that Alexis Sanchez is indeed currently in London having his medical with the Gunners.

MD also say that the signing will be made official in the next few hours , and Arsenal could spend could spend up to 40 million euros with the variables included.

MD are attached a cheeky photograph to their piece showing Alexis Sanchez in an airport, however it’s not clear whether that image is new or not. We suspect is a stock photo.

It’s also worth noting that BBC reporter David Ornstein has also been tweeting that the Sanchez deal is basically done.

Özim
10-07-2014, 01:17 PM
MD are attached a cheeky photograph to their piece showing Alexis Sanchez in an airport, however it’s not clear whether that image is new or not. We suspect is a stock photo.

Is he wearing a Nike kit?

AFC Leveller
10-07-2014, 01:36 PM
LOL yes.

Does anyone else think Sanchez looks like that cop from the movie "takers"?

I am invisible
10-07-2014, 01:37 PM
How long has this medical been going on for now - about 3 days?

Marc Overmars
10-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Probably been sent off for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion knowing our medical team.

Munchies
10-07-2014, 02:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsMJqtGCcAElA3n.jpg

AFC Leveller
10-07-2014, 03:04 PM
We're hearing that Chile forward Alexis Sanchez has now passed his medical at Arsenal and the 25-year-old's switch from Barcelona to the Emirates should be confirmed very soon. Alexis is understood to have agreed a four-year deal and the fee will be around £32million, money that Barca will use to buy Luis Suarez from Liverpool.

GP
10-07-2014, 03:08 PM
You're welcome, Liverpool.

Marc Overmars
10-07-2014, 03:14 PM
2 great assists from Spurs last year and now Liverpool. :tiphat:

Hopefully Wenget continues to lurk in the shadows whenever Madrid and Barca need to raise funds for a big signing.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-07-2014, 03:14 PM
You're welcome, Liverpool.

Well they can move on to more feasible targets from their Suarez money like Reus, Benzema and Hummels.

:RAWK::RAWK:

GP
10-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Lee Dixon ‏@LeeDixon2 6m
Just spoke to Arsene. He's very happy about Sanchez and Debuchy