PDA

View Full Version : Wojciech Szczęsny: Is he good enough?

GP
26-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Probably.

Xhaka Can’t
26-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Maybe

Kano
26-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Based on last season? Yes. When you compare to Hart or Mignolet he's the very least of our problems, if one at all.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Yes, though I still think having strong competition so that he doesn't get complacent and take his spot for granted is essential.

Can't really remember many errors from him that have led to goals. Only perhaps that one against West Ham away where he spilled a cross (iirc), though he was lucky twice against Liverpool (home) at Newcastle (away) where he nearly cost a goal by having one too many touches. That needs to be cut out of his game.

Munchies
27-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Yeah, but he still has those moments where he clangers and just about gets away with it.

Eg Newcastle away (I think) passing it straight to Remy

I am invisible
27-06-2014, 07:57 AM
He was as good as any keeper I saw in the PL last season, and I think he has room to improve even further, which is encouraging. Also worth noting the understanding he's developing with the CBs.

Still need another keeper though, and ideally someone who can push him hard (and even push him out of the team if his form dips) - can't go through the season with just Szczesny as our only option. I appreciate that cost may be a factor here though - we might not be able to spend too big on this area with everything else we need to get done...

Letters
27-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Yes, though I still think having strong competition so that he doesn't get complacent and take his spot for granted is essential.
That.

Yes, he is good enough but we could do with a better backup now Fabs has gone