PDA

View Full Version : Happy 40th Diaby

Injury Time
09-08-2014, 08:59 PM
:wave:Stick a fork in him he's done.

Abou Diaby injured: Arsenal midfielder suffers his 40th injury since joining the Gunners to throw future in doubt
http://tehresistance.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/602__image_091.jpg
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/abou-diaby-injured-arsenal-midfielder-suffers-his-40th-injury-since-joining-the-gunners-to-throw-future-in-doubt-9659122.html
Much as I like the guy and feel sorry for him, it's time for him to quit or Arsene to man up.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2014, 09:05 PM
He's been fit all throughout pre-season but no one considered him an option, says it all really.

Power n Glory
10-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Not really. I think we may have to take it easy with his recovery and take a different approach. Ease him back in instead of going full pelt and straight into the starting line up. I've always been surprised to see Diaby starting games a week or two after resuming full training.

Xhaka Can’t
10-08-2014, 08:21 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U0ZAx3PbgLo/UhOT92rbLkI/AAAAAAAAEsc/SbBvjyJx_Pk/s1600/Tha's+all.jpg

Injury Time
10-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Not really. I think we may have to take it easy with his recovery and take a different approach. Ease him back in instead of going full pelt and straight into the starting line up. I've always been surprised to see Diaby starting games a week or two after resuming full training.
Rushed back? :blink:

Hip/Thigh Injury Arsenal Injuries 2014 July 26th
Groin/Pelvis Injury Arsenal Injuries 2014 April 22nd
ACL Knee Injury Arsenal Injuries 2013 March 27th
Calf/Shin Injury Arsenal Injuries 2013 February 23rd
Illness Arsenal Injuries 2013 January 22nd
Thigh Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2012 September 29th
Muscle Injury Arsenal Injuries 2012 September 7th
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2012 April 28th
Illness Arsenal Injuries 2012 April 23rd
Hamstring Injury Arsenal Injuries 2012 March 29th
Hamstring Injury Arsenal Injuries 2012 March 3rd
Hamstring Injury Arsenal Injuries 2011 November 26th
Ankle/Foot Injury Arsenal Injuries 2011 July 22nd
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2011 January 2nd
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2010 December 30th
Ankle/Foot Injury Arsenal Injuries 2010 October 19th
Ankle/Foot Injury Arsenal Injuries 2010 October 4th
Ankle/Foot Injury Arsenal Injuries 2010 September 13th
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2010 August 11th
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2010 March 27th
MCL Knee Ligament Injury Arsenal Injuries 2010 February 17th
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2010 January 20th
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2009 November 7th
Ankle/Foot Injury Arsenal Injuries 2009 October 10th
Groin Strain Arsenal Injuries 2009 August 12th
Knee Injury Arsenal Injuries 2009 July 27th
Thigh Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2009 April 1st
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2009 February 24th
Thigh Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2009 January 31st
Abdominal Strain Arsenal Injuries 2008 November 22nd
Thigh Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2008 August 3rd
Thigh Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2008 April 25th
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2008 March 7th
Calf Muscle Strain Arsenal Injuries 2008 February 8th
Back Injury Arsenal Injuries 2007 November 22nd
Sprained Ankle Arsenal Injuries 2007 August 14th
Concussion Arsenal Injuries 2007 April 20th
Sprained Ankle Arsenal Injuries 2007 February 25th
Knee Injury Arsenal Injuries 2007 February 2nd
Ankle/Foot Injury Arsenal Injuries 2006 May 1st

Penguin
10-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Not even Forsythe can save him. RIP Diaby :violin:

I am invisible
10-08-2014, 09:39 AM
There's no point in fretting over Diaby any more - we can't fire him for being injured, and the time for being able to sell him off is loooooong gone, so there's nothing left to do but let him see out his contract. I just hope we weren't basing any of our plans around him, even if it were in the most minor of ways as a bit if squad cover...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Not really. I think we may have to take it easy with his recovery and take a different approach. Ease him back in instead of going full pelt and straight into the starting line up.

:haha:

Power n Glory
10-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Rushed back? :blink:

:doh:

We're all aware of his injury record but I don't think you guys realise he started all three of the opening Prem games and also the Champions League game. He started away against Hull, away to Liverpool and also started against Chelsea and City.

He can't start every game after coming back from a long lay off. Rosicky doesn't even start 4 games on the trot. If we want to get anything out of him, we need a different approach. Check last seasons line up and you'll see what I'm talking about. No games are easy but back to back games and then going into intense CL games or up against our rivals....too much in my opinion. He can't feature like a regular player.

I hope the club take a similar approach to how we've managed Rosicky. It's been a while since Rosicky has picked up a long lay off.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-08-2014, 10:45 AM
So we have a footballer that shouldn't be played

Power n Glory
10-08-2014, 10:49 AM
So we have a footballer that shouldn't be played

Yes. That's exactly what I said. :doh:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Thanks for confirming.

Injury Time
10-08-2014, 11:24 AM

We're all aware of his injury record but I don't think you guys realise he started all three of the opening Prem games and also the Champions League game. He started away against Hull, away to Liverpool and also started against Chelsea and City.

He can't start every game after coming back from a long lay off. Rosicky doesn't even start 4 games on the trot. If we want to get anything out of him, we need a different approach. Check last seasons line up and you'll see what I'm talking about. No games are easy but back to back games and then going into intense CL games or up against our rivals....too much in my opinion. He can't feature like a regular player.

I hope the club take a similar approach to how we've managed Rosicky. It's been a while since Rosicky has picked up a long lay off.
Yes, but my point is he has to be fit to be played even selectively. I really like good Diaby but he usually needs a run of games to not look like he's stoned when receiving the ball and deciding what to do with it. Every knock, every little strain seems to result in a few weeks i.e. not rushed back- lets hope our new fitness guru can bring him back from the dead, (and Wenger heeds this 40th warning).

Xhaka Can’t
10-08-2014, 11:37 AM

How about building a new wing to the training ground?

http://www.dragroup.com.au/site/dragroup/templates/grfx/photos/abattoir/abattoir6.jpg

Letters
10-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Diaby :rose:

Sell him, he's dead

Power n Glory
10-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Yes, but my point is he has to be fit to be played even selectively. I really like good Diaby but he usually needs a run of games to not look like he's stoned when receiving the ball and deciding what to do with it. Every knock, every little strain seems to result in a few weeks i.e. not rushed back- lets hope our new fitness guru can bring him back from the dead, (and Wenger heeds this 40th warning).

I get that he has to be fit, but I'm saying when fit, he should be eased back in and not stating. I have no problem with the club leaving him out for the recent friendlies.