View Full Version : Robin Williams.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2014, 11:05 PM
He has died. :blink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28749702

The Emirates Gallactico
11-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Suspected suicide as well. :unsure:

Genuinely quite hurt and moved by this as I really had major respect for the guy from all his work. Could make people laugh so effortlessly. :(

Thierrymon
11-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Really sad news. I had heard that he had financial problems. Wonder if that might have been a factor.

:rose:

Letters
12-08-2014, 02:07 AM
Genuinely quite hurt and moved by this as I really had major respect for the guy from all his work. Could make people laugh so effortlessly. :(

:gp:

Haven't been this upset by a celebrity death for a long time. Fantastic comedian and a genuinely great actor.

RIP, Robin :rose:

:upset:

Letters
12-08-2014, 05:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Egi5V_jNU

:upset:

Marc Overmars
12-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Very sad. :(

Great actor.

Xhaka Can’t
12-08-2014, 07:39 AM
This is sad news, and just about everyone thinks so. My FB feed is jammed full of tributes to a man that created so much genius and joy to billions through his work. Some of his material was iffy, that was the nature of someone who took great risks with his work, forever pushing boundaries and improvising.

When he was on top of his game, as he was a lot, you were watching one of the comedy and acting greats of all time.

RIP :rose:

adzzzbatch
12-08-2014, 09:29 AM
So sad to hear this news, I loved him in films when I was a kid: Mrs Doubtfire, Hook, Jimanji, Flubber a brilliant actor.

His serious roles were fantastic to, Good Will Hunting, Insomnia and One Hour Photo. the world has lost a guy :(

Ollie the Optimist
12-08-2014, 10:35 AM
such sad news. A comic genius whose work was enjoyed by everyone. Remember as a child, my family all watching Aladdin or Hook, and everyone roaring with laughter no matter how many times we had seen it before. Depression is such a horrific illness. RIP Robin

Ollie the Optimist
12-08-2014, 10:40 AM
The Academy tweeted this picture last night with the words
"Genie, You're free"

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuzKgOoIcAAHYNa.jpg

Syn
12-08-2014, 11:42 AM
So sad to hear this news, I loved him in films when I was a kid: Mrs Doubtfire, Hook, Jimanji, Flubber a brilliant actor.

His serious roles were fantastic to, Good Will Hunting, Insomnia and One Hour Photo. the world has lost a guy :(

Liked him more in those films. Had the perfect style for playing the disturbing roles and he was great in them.

Horrible illness.

Letters
12-08-2014, 03:55 PM
I kinda forgot about One Hour Photo till I saw someone mention it on FB, really good film and he's outstanding in it.
There are some great comedians and some great straight actors, it's very rare that someone is both and he was.
:(

fakeyank
12-08-2014, 05:08 PM
I liked his movies but was never a super fan like most people are claiming on social media. I am very surprised at the story that this could be a suicide though... he seemed like the kinda person who had his head in the right place.

Well RIP Mr. Williams :rose:

Marc Overmars
12-08-2014, 05:18 PM
I guess that's what makes depression so deadly, onlookers can't really tell what's going on behind closed doors.

GP
12-08-2014, 06:52 PM
RIP Mr Williams.

He gave all his happiness to others and kept none for himself.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2014, 06:57 PM
The guy was 10 times funnier when he was on coke. Why not just let people do whatever drugs they need to keep things on track instead of trying to beat them into being sober and skull fuckingly ordinary? If I had enough cash I wouldn't be sober for 5 minutes. What's the advantage? Most drugs are great, that's why they are illegal. The shitty drugs, tobacco and alcohol, are legal. Enough said.

Not a Hicks or Carlin, but up there nonetheless.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-08-2014, 07:20 PM
If it's any consolation I'd have sworn you were on drugs.

LDG
13-08-2014, 12:34 PM
What will Take That do without him.

Too soon?

Sorry.

In all honesty, tragic and very sad loss. A talented and funny bloke.

JohnWhite
17-08-2014, 09:16 PM
He was a great comedian, but from what I read is that he was depressed, because of the lack of money. What happened to the 200 million that he earned in his career?

GP
17-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Worst ever first post?

Marc Overmars
17-08-2014, 09:26 PM
He's not really dead, he's just waiting for someone to roll a 5 or an 8...

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2014, 09:29 PM
He was a great comedian, but from what I read is that he was depressed, because of the lack of money. What happened to the 200 million that he earned in his career?

Drugs and government, two ruinously expensive afflictions.

Thierrymon
18-08-2014, 03:17 AM
That's the problem with marriage. Its basically gambling half of your money that you will stay with that one person for the rest of your life.

The laws need changing.

Also, he did a lot of cocaine.