19-08-2014, 08:40 PM
giroud sucks cock

adzzzbatch
19-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Crap.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2014, 08:42 PM
:lol:

The season begins when we get our Germans back.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Another duff performance but the tie still very much in our hands.

Need to find this mythical sharpness quickly though, Everton will pump us otherwise.

Xhaka Can’t
19-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Away goals are now a major concern.

Power n Glory
19-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Away goals are now a major concern.

We'll really need to hold our nerves in the home game.

Newguy
Giroud was terrible, possibly his worst performance from a technical stand point.

Ramsey was stupid for his red cards.

Why Sanchez was taken off is beyond me.

It could have been worst, but equally could have been and IMO should have been better.

Could be tense next week.

Dicks and chicks
:lol:

The season begins when we get our Germans back.

we have such a great midfield but such a poor attack, is there any other team in europe with a greater disparity between the two?

LDG
19-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Very much down to anti-teflon and ramshackle organisation in midfield.

All huff and puff. Little end result. Poor on and off the ball.

We should batter this lot at our gaff though.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Another blind, bent ref, a dodgy pen, a didn't hear the whistle red card, a fluke - we've left ourselves plenty to do against a team that will park the bus and kick and stab everything that moves. These turks are extreme cheats, real 50/50 proposition.

At least Wenger is pointing out the cheating of the ref and his bent linesman.

Power n Glory
19-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Unlike Palace, we played a team willing to come out and attack and we struggled to create chances. A lot that is down to Giroud but I hope Wenger doesn't persist with this. Why not just start with Ox and Sanchez on the wing at least?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Giroud :haha:

He's not even trying.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Our left side is really poor from an attacking sense. Only bit of action coming from the right these days.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Everyone can have an off day but Bif refused to run, jump or get in the box. That's what he should be rightfully slaughtered for. Trouble is Wenger will look at a performance like that and be more determined than ever to keep on playing him so he can get the confidence back. Could be in for some big time frustration.

Injury Time
19-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Shaznay was alright I thought, shot stops and clattering punch out
Monreal not bad
Chamaber other than one dropped bollock was good
Kos still a bit rusty
Debuchy I thought was good, encouraging
Arteta :rose:
Ramsay meh
Wilshire less rusty but ran out of steam
Sanchez must be wondering what he's signed up to, replaced by Ox...Wenger out!
Giround just fuck off, no wonder Sanogo was starting
Flamini (who won the sweep for booking within a minute?)
Ox directness we needed on too fucking late
Rosicky MotM :bow:

AKBapologist
19-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Giroud and Carzola were completely gash. We'll get slaughtered avant Everton if we put the same team and performance.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Yep, another free ride for Santi. Did nothing. But at least he didn't play for the turks, which is what Giroud effectively did. Awful from him, he's completely lost the ability to trap a ball or shield it. He needs to urgently get back to the most basic of basics so if he must play then at least he's not a 12th man on the opposition team.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Cazorla has been hot and cold for a while now but he's capable of scoring or playing a killer pass at any moment, you need to keep players like that on the pitch really. Wish he'd find some consistency though.

Power n Glory
19-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Santi was better today but I still feel we'd have benefitted from him playing in the centre with Ramsey and Ox out on the left.

AKBapologist
19-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Nah, would have used the last 30 minutes to give Campbell some time to show what he could do on the left, as everything came from the right all game.

fakeyank
19-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Need to get Remy on. Giroud was absolutely useless today... I actually like the guy but if he is refusing to be a striker, he can fuck off!

Marc Overmars
19-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't think our attacking dimension is going to change much until Theo is back.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-08-2014, 09:43 PM
James Olley ‏@JamesOlley 10m
Arteta doesn't look good. Just walked through the mixed zone wearing a protective boot, limping badly. Wenger says he "turned his ankle".

:pray:

Marc Overmars
19-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Arteta doesn't look good. Just walked through the mixed zone wearing a protective boot, limping badly. Wenger says he "turned his ankle".

Time for Khedira to come home...

adzzzbatch
19-08-2014, 09:49 PM

2 games in 2 medium term injuries, yay.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Time for Khedira to come home...

Heard the fee is agreed, the wages sorted, the plane ticket and cab ride paid for, just negotiating his tube fare to the medical plus newspapers, Mars bars and sundry spending money. Wenger's not convinced the player can eat 1.5million Mars bars or read 375,000 papers in one visit.

Ralpheroo72
19-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Awful game, we need strikers as we have none now. All our attack was on the right hand side, so predicatable. Pitch didnt help either.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2014, 10:24 PM

Haven't won without him completing 90 minutes this season tbf.

Heisenberg
19-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Disappointed with Ramsey, both his bookings were soft, but he's mature enouhgh to know better, especially since the second one came about because he was trying to be too clever and not take a simpler option. Still we ought to have enough to beat them outright in the return and go through, even without him. The fact that the Emirates doesn't have a fucking awful pitch will also come in handy.

Master Splinter
20-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Giroud, Cazorla, Ramsey were terrible.

Ramsey's worst game in 18 months probably. Hope he got it out of his system. He talked about simplicity being the key to his resurgence and today was an unfortunate return to all his bad habits. Still provided a perfect pass for Giroud to fuck up with though.

If the rest of the team had been on his wavelength, Sanchez would have had a stellar first have with at least 3 assists. It was similar to Ozil's first game when Feo fluffed about 76 chances that had been laid on for him perfectly.

Chambers :bow:. He's almost a blend of Koscielny and Mertesacker. Not quite as aggressive as Bosscielny, but has that intercepty, nipping-it-before-the-forward-settles quality and is obviously great on the ball. He's also slow like BFG. Or more accurately, serene and composed.

Ox has to be starting from now on. He always makes a positive impact.

Should batter them at home really.

Özim
20-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Not a great result, but not the end of the world either, we should beat this lot comfortably at home.

Higuain scored a blinder yesterday, we need a striker like that not Giroud, it would make such a huge difference to our team.

Power n Glory
20-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Giroud couldn’t even control the ball last night. Almost everything bobbled off him and I’m not even exaggerating. His pass success rate must have been lower than 50/50. If he’s not fit, Wenger needs to bench him.

I am invisible
20-08-2014, 08:27 AM
We still look a little off the pace to me? Individually, the players are starting to look a bit fitter and sharper, but the impression I get is that nobody is really running around any more than they have to in order to get their own job/s done - the attacking players (barring Alexis, who put in a shift) are generally staying forward, the defensive players (barring Debuchy, who was getting up and down the right pretty well) are staying deep, and the midfielders are being left with too much ground to cover in the ocean of space in between. We need to close that gap between front and back, and start moving as a team: when we defend, everyone needs to get back; and we we attack; everyone needs to shuffle up, and more players need to commit to getting in the box. Collectively it will mean that everyone has to run that little bit more, but individually it will mean that we're not burning out the one or two players who are trying to do it all themselves...

pakgunner
20-08-2014, 08:57 AM
I'm beginning to think that we need a top striker more than a defensive midfielder, Giroud's inconsistency and lack of quality is going to be a huge liability to our attack. Last season our defense wasn't that bad on the whole, however with Chambers given a chance at defensive mid and Bellerin as our backup rb and Monalos 3rd choice cb I'd be happy to bring in a player like Cavani or Higuain. Giroud is just not good enough to be first choice at Arsenal.

selassie
20-08-2014, 09:47 AM
We look very disjointed and off the pace, we were very poor yesterday. Agree with others regarding Giroud, in fact I would say we need a new Midfielder and top class Striker if we are to challenge properly this season.

Edited to add: With Everton coming up on Saturday and matches against Chelsea and City coming very soon we have to step up our performances otherwise we could be right off the pace of the title. I really worry about Saturday's game at Everton TBH.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Nah, would have used the last 30 minutes to give Campbell some time to show what he could do on the left, as everything came from the right all game.
Would that have 'cup-tied' him?

He is to be transferred. What other reason could there be for the cavalcade of crap that has started ahead of him?

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2014, 10:55 AM

He is to be transferred. What other reason could there be for the cavalcade of crap that has started ahead of him?

Good point, didn't think of that.

Campbell :rose:

Injury Time
20-08-2014, 11:13 AM

Don't think so as it's a qualification round, pretty sure we don't have to declare our Chumps league squad until group stage :unsure:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Giroud couldn’t even control the ball last night. Almost everything bobbled off him and I’m not even exaggerating. His pass success rate must have been lower than 50/50. If he’s not fit, Wenger needs to bench him.

Costa's not better than Giroud

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2014, 11:52 AM
We were appalling yesterday, no fluency in our play and players looked like they were strangers with each other with some of the passing. Cazorla looks well off the pace and Ramsey just seemed to be trying too hard to make things happen.

However, a draw isn't the worst result but it does leave us vulnerable to the away goal. really have to start the home leg at pace and get a couple of early goals.

Also, although the referee did not affect the result, i.e. no major decisions, the standard of referring is utterly appalling. He was giving fouls against us for being within ten metres of the opposition, yet when one of theirs kicks ramsey in the bollocks nothing happens. Its a real shame that with all the money in football, Uefa etc just don't care about the standard of referees

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2014, 12:05 PM
We were appalling yesterday, no fluency in our play and players looked like they were strangers with each other with some of the passing. Cazorla looks well off the pace and Ramsey just seemed to be trying too hard to make things happen.

However, a draw isn't the worst result but it does leave us vulnerable to the away goal. really have to start the home leg at pace and get a couple of early goals.

Also, although the referee did not affect the result, i.e. no major decisions, the standard of referring is utterly appalling. He was giving fouls against us for being within ten metres of the opposition, yet when one of theirs kicks ramsey in the bollocks nothing happens. Its a real shame that with all the money in football, Uefa etc just don't care about the standard of referees

Ramsey's second "foul" was a joke. He hardly touched him and the bastard dived like he'd been shot. Diver should have got the red for cheating, not Ramsey.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Arsenal have been warned to expect a zero-tolerance refereeing performance in their Champions League play-off against Besiktas.

Uefa’s chief refereeing officer, Pierluigi Collina, has ordered match officials to crack down on serious foul play, diving, and dissent from both players and managers ahead of Tuesday night’s first leg in Istanbul.

“We are not interested in referees being liked,” Collina said at a pre-season referees’ course in Nyon.

“We want to have referees taking correct decisions when needed, even if a red card needs to be given in the fifth minute of a match.”

With the turks kicking everything that moved and engaging in blind side thuggery at every opportunity, plus their fans chipping in with missiles it was Ramsey who suffered under this zero-tolerance directive. I don't see where Collina stated the policy should be selective, but I guess the incompetent moron selected to ref the game brought his own interpretation. With performances like those offered by Giroud and Cazorla we didn't deserve to win the match, but we did deserve a competent and impartial referee which we certainly didn't get. Hopefully the same useless cunt won't be flown in for the second leg.

Kano
20-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Just a reminder of how poor we are in the striking areas. All the talk of defenders, DM's etc and we have a squad style striker as our main man.

Get a proper striker or it'll just be another season of scraping top four and maybe winning the fa or league cup.

Özim
20-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Last summer we were interested in Higuain and Suarez, the fact we've not shown much interest in strikers this summer despite little changing up front suggests Wenger see Sanchez as that striker we needed.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Ramsey's second "foul" was a joke. He hardly touched him and the bastard dived like he'd been shot. Diver should have got the red for cheating, not Ramsey.

You mean the theatrics of Ozyakup(sp?) an ex Arsenal protege. The little shi*. It was worrying how laboured we looked though against a side we really should brush aside in terms of European opposition. They weren't in their own stadium and it was far from full.

Ramsey was poor but he has looked the complete opposite in pre season. Arteta going off was a worry though...

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2014, 10:31 PM
You mean the theatrics of Ozyakup(sp?) an ex Arsenal protege. The little shi*. It was worrying how laboured we looked though against a side we really should brush aside in terms of European opposition. They weren't in their own stadium and it was far from full.

Ramsey was poor but he has looked the complete opposite in pre season. Arteta going off was a worry though...

That's why we got rid of him, because he's a shit.

The Wengerbabies
22-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Shit game.

CL football :bow: