PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Besiktas (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2014, 08:39 PM
1-0 to the Arsenal. :bow:

Alexis. :bow:

Arsenal. :bow:

Ba. :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Jack :bow::bow:

I take it all back.

GP
27-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Jack Wilshere was fucking immense. One of his best Arsenal performances.

Ralpheroo72
27-08-2014, 08:41 PM
The ref :bow::bow:

selassie
27-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Phew, that was hard work!

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Napoli out as well :haha::haha:

Rafa :haha::haha:

Penguin
Alexis :bow:

Marc Overmars
Bloody hell that was tense.

Scrappy but we did it. Again.

Alexis and Wheelchair were awesome.

Now go and sign a defender and striker please Wenget.

I am invisible
27-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Job done. Another £30m in the bank. Sanchez already paid for himself. Let's go out and buy some Cavanis or something...

LDG
27-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Jack showed what he is capable of. Brilliant performance (apart from that stupid cameo at the end where he kept giving the ball back)

Sanchez is awesome.

Ref was disgusting.

Demba Ba is a twat. As is that Motta cunt.

Kano
Just buy a fucking striker please.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
i'm sorry i know it's not an pleasant word, but what an unbelievable cunt that referee was

I'm glad we knocked those troglodytes out, they obviously loved the feel of our turf (unlike the murky dried out shite that was in istanbul last week) because they took every oportunity to come into full bodily contact with it either through diving or sliding challenges.

Wilshere started badly but just kept on improving and improving until he became the player we all know he can be

Sanchez worked his nuts off and deserved his goal

Power n Glory
27-08-2014, 08:47 PM
It was intense and hard fought. Battled in the end. What a bent ref!

We struggled to get going in the first half but you can see as the team kept playing the moves started to come together.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Alexis and Jack were mental - ran until they dropped.

Big story is how unbelievably bent the ref was, because incompetence just doesn't cut it any more.

Other than that. Defenders were great, especially when the ref started upping the pressure. Flamini was pretty good today. Ox played well in spells and was a danger. Even Santi did a bit of running. Ozil was knackered by the end, but okay in patches too.

Not a great first half, better in the second until the ref stamped his idiocy on the game. Good fighting performance in the end to hold on.

What a bunch of thugs and divers those turks are.

Munchies
27-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Wilshere was one of our best players tonight.

Fair play to him!

fakeyank
27-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Santi, Jack and Sanchez were fucking awesome. :bow:

Santi Haters :pal: :haha:

Monreal was impressive as well, along with the other 3 at the back. Kos is BOSS! :bow:

Ozil was garbage.. as usual. So far, it looks like we wasted 65 million dollars for nothing.

Oh, the ref was a massive cunt

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2014, 08:49 PM
No one can say we didn't deserve it.

Dominated the game and had the chances to make it 3/4 nil .... poor finishing cost us.

Anyway on to the main event. Hoping for an interesting group.

GP
27-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Napoli out as well :haha::haha:

Rafa :haha::haha:

Cheeky bid for Higuain?

LDG
27-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Just buy a fucking striker please.

Why?

When we start playing like we showed glimpses of there, we'll hammer teams with pace.

Given it's only the second time Sanchez has played up on his own, and things are a bit rusty. I'd much rather watch that than another leggy front man like Welbeck or some other player who slows the game down.

Give this set up more time (preferably with a strong ball carrier in that fabled "DM" spot).

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Cheeky bid for Higuain?

Don't actually rate Higuain that much - goes missing on the big occasion (see World cup) and is a flat track bully ............ but we're kind of desperate at the moment.

20 million sounds about right.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Redknapp reckons the decisions went our way :wacko:

GP
27-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Oli out until January.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Oli out until January.

Is that in Arsenal months or calendar months?

Penguin
One thing I didn't like was how Chambers thought he was brought on as a CB. He left our right-hand side right open and expected Ox to play as the RB. If that was Wenger's plan, Ox clearly knew nothing about it. Meh, we got away with it but it was a bit worrying.

LDG
In that case. We need a new striker :ninja:

Syn
27-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Oh jesus, we bring it on ourselves tbf. Should've been 3 or 4 up and comfortable even before Debuchy's sending off. Had a chance or two after it as well. Guilty of missing a couple of chances but Alexis' work rate is unbelievable. Him and Ramsey in the team means we'll be ending games very strongly. Besiktas were pretty good but we'll face much harder teams and we've got to make these games easier on the fitness levels or we'll be dead in the league.

Cazorla was MOTM, mainly for his workrate on the left. Mature stuff to prevent any panic. Monreal has been solid all season. Flamini went mental for about 5-10 mins in the second half but was otherwise good too.

Wilshere is getting sharper. Wenger said he needed 6-7 games in a row without getting injured and he might find some consistency. Created a few chances with lovely reverse balls and managed to carry the ball a bit further before getting battered. A bit sloppy and lacking streetsmarts in the final 5 mins though.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Wengers says Sanogo is a very good striker.

:lol: He's such a teaser

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 08:58 PM
The fake Niall Quinn trying to embarrass me by saying he like Sanogo

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Good job we didn't have the pen shouts or else Sky would have had no highlights

Master Splinter
Arsenal :bow:.

An easy 4-0 turned into a contest by corrupt officials.

Letters
Ozil was garbage.. as usual. So far, it looks like we wasted 65 million dollars for nothing.

Well, that's obviously bullshit.

Kano
Why?

When we start playing like we showed glimpses of there, we'll hammer teams with pace.

Given it's only the second time Sanchez has played up on his own, and things are a bit rusty. I'd much rather watch that than another leggy front man like Welbeck or some other player who slows the game down.

Give this set up more time (preferably with a strong ball carrier in that fabled "DM" spot).
Because we don't have one and we struggle to out games away without one. We aren't barcelona.

Sanchez isn't the answer through the middle on his own.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Wenger "I bought Sanchez to be a striker"

Pretty much confirms that'll be our lot in that position. Sanchez, Sanogo and possibly Campbell until Olly returns.

Reckon we'll go big on a DM who can also provide cover for CB and that'll be it.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

An easy 4-0 turned into a contest by corrupt officials.

We were murdered, they should have had two obvious, obvious pens, Ba won't sleep tonight for letting us off. We had no chances (except the 15 odd and there's no way we nearly got 5 goals). Besiktas definitely, maybe, might have got a shot on target.

Munchies
27-08-2014, 09:06 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24pcki_arsenal-1-0-besiktas-jack-wilshere-post-match-interview_sport

fakeyank
27-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Well, that's obviously bullshit.

My bad.. he probably did have some good games in a parallel universe. Didnt subscribe to that channel though.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Bilic not biased enough to answer the completely biased cunt from Sky's questions. Has to give unbiased answer instead.

Master Splinter
27-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Obviously not counting our new signings, I think Koscielny is our only player not to suffer a long-term injury. Including keepers.

We can blame the club for a lot, but to get get so many long-term injuries from so many innocuous and odd situations is just plain fucking bastardry of the highest order.

Oh and Koscielny will surely complete the set after twisting his little finger while picking the ball up in January and be ruled out for the season.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 09:12 PM
And now the biased cunt from Sky goes back for another bite. Bilic has to slap him again.

Biased cunt from Sky :pal:

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 09:14 PM
LOL - Now Stelling crying about us going into pot #1.

Syn
27-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Can't believe we're still hanging on in Pot 1, Dortmund in pot 2. We're in a higher pot than Man City (who won the title last year) and Liverpool, despite the fact that we haven't gone past the quarter finals since 2009 or past the last 16 in the last 3 years.

I think we need to make the semi finals this year or we'll drop down (depending on who in the pot 2 impresses of course).

Syn
27-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Watch Sky Sports 5 now!

Incredible situation in one of the other CL qualifiers.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2014, 09:17 PM
It's one of the few rules that the dopers can't buy their way past. Sure enough, the stinky chavs and dirty gypos will eventually buy the spots but at least there's a respectable pause. As for Liverpool, if they qualify for the next 5 years and become something more than infrequent visitors then they have a shot at a better pot too.

Or put another way - Stelling is a cunt.

Munchies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z1aX6GiULNs

Giroud q at 1:50

McNamara That Ghost...
Shill the Champions League thread tbf.

Dein-machine
27-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Another pub win - no killer instinct upfront.
On the plus side thought Jack & Santi had better games which was needed without Rambo.
If we don't get a goal scorer it's gonna be a long hard season.

Asthmatic Kitty
27-08-2014, 10:26 PM
thank fuck the ref was so bad he didn't award them two stone-wall pens. that was tense.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Flamini was absolutely superb. That, is what you call, a defensive midfield performance.

Sanchez showed glimpses of magic in 2nd half.

5 days left of transfer window. Let's pray for additions.

Xhaka Can’t
27-08-2014, 10:40 PM
We are through but the ref was so 'bad' my first comment on the match has to be about him. He was bent. No doubt about it. Some syndicate somewhere has fucking hit the jackpot spread betting on bookings.

Injury Time
27-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Wengers says Sanogo is a very good striker.

:lol: He's such a teaser

Spell checker strikes on tosser

Shaznay didn't have to much to do
Kos was conservative but ok
BFG reading the game well
Monreal another good game and that cross for Ox :bow: on a fucking plate
Dabitchy very good but need to use his brain more to read the refs mind when a tackle is a foul :banghead:
Ox hot and cold, his tracking back identical to Özil, is it specified by Wenger to keep shape? :blink:
Flamini no booking or red? :faint:
Jack getting there still the odd brain fart to lose possession in dangerous places
Özil in full Casper mode, expect he'll need another holiday soon
Carzola the DM and playmaker, mad workrate and calm head :bow:
Alexis is enjoying the physical battles and his ability to retain the ball under pressure legal and otherwise is immense, loved the goal selfish off Jacks feet rAn himself to a standstill I wonder if he can really maintain that for entiree season?
Chambers managing to get booked coming on the pitch :blink: nice cross in too

The ref useless Grade A twat, other than not giving a pen I thought it could be the same muck spreader as the away leg- I expect Wenger to beat the fuck out of him in the tunnel (in the same way Burns would no doubt :handbags:

Injury Time
27-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Oh and had to say to eldest that she didn't learn the word shit from the bloke behind Us :run:

BOBN
28-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Ive been a little critical of the Debuchy signing but fair play, the guys the real deal. France have the right back heirachy about right.

Mine you, we would be out of Europe this morning if Wenger collapsed under the pressure of the "give him chance cos ez a gooner innit" bandits :coffee:

Syn
28-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Just seen the highlights and Debuchy's first yellow challenge was quite brutal. Surprised the Besiktas player managed to get up quickly. Clocked him, knew exactly what he was doing. With this ref I would've expected a red.

Wasn't convinced about the signing and he seems like a tougher scrote than Sagna. Sagna hardly ever used to take anyone out the game or have a nasty side to him, whereas this guy seems a bit mental. Which is fun.

BOBN
28-08-2014, 08:26 AM
He is a bit thuggy, and very decisive on the cover.

Get his type for CM and we may go again.

Letters
28-08-2014, 08:42 AM
My bad.. he probably did have some good games in a parallel universe. Didnt subscribe to that channel though.
So he's crap (he created 15 chances for Germany in the World Cup, the most of any German player. In case you missed it, they won the World Cup) and last season was shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or.

Ok :good:

I think it's fair to say we've not seen the best of him yet but he's clearly a quality player, stop being ridiculous.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Quite impressed with Debuchy as well, looks like he enjoys a scrap and gets up and down the pitch really well. #decent signing.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2014, 11:01 AM
In a game where the referee was booking people for being subbed onto the pitch, I'm amazed that Flamini didn't get booked :lol: although that ref was a massive bent cunt.

One thing I've noticed this season is a desire not to lose. We saw it against palace where we kept going and got the winner, last week 2-0 with 8 minutes left and we drew. Yesterday when we went down to ten, the team stood up and just repelled attack after attack.

Also no doubt about it, Koscienly is the best centre back in Europe. He was superb last night. He reads the game so well, mops up everything. One of Arsene's best signings

Xhaka Can’t
28-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Ive been a little critical of the Debuchy signing but fair play, the guys the real deal. France have the right back heirachy about right.

Mine you, we would be out of Europe this morning if Wenger collapsed under the pressure of the "give him chance cos ez a gooner innit" bandits :coffee:
Did Jenkinson steal your boyfriend or something?

Penguin
28-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Kos wasn't great against Palace and the Besiktas first leg but he was fantastic last night. Such an intelligent defender, his anticipation and timing is top notch. He's the type of CB that strikers hate to play against.

Mertesacker doesn't look quite there yet but he got a clean sheet under his belt and looked much better with Koscielny next to him. Mertescielny :bow:

Dein-machine
28-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Kos wasn't great against Palace and the Besiktas first leg but he was fantastic last night. Such an intelligent defender, his anticipation and timing is top notch. He's the type of CB that strikers hate to play against.

Mertesacker doesn't look quite there yet but he got a clean sheet under his belt and looked much better with Koscielny next to him. Mertescielny :bow:

"Mertesacker doesn't look quite there yet" - :bow: He's a mix of Rodney Trotter & Herman Munster - he'll never look "quite there"

Syn
28-08-2014, 01:41 PM
What did people make of Ozyakup? We let him go but he's only 21, physically strong and caused us problems. He's too good for Besiktas.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2014, 02:53 PM
We have loads of ex-players all over the place who do well for themselves. I guess Wenger lets these guys go because even though they are good they aren't good enough to ultimately break into the team. I often think Larsson would still be a useful player in some situations.

Dein-machine
28-08-2014, 02:54 PM
What did people make of Ozyakup? We let him go but he's only 21, physically strong and caused us problems. He's too good for Besiktas.

Excellent - couldn't believe it when I heard we'd taught him all he knows. Amazing to think that we let him go whilst paying Bentdner £50,000 + a week.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2014, 02:57 PM
This kid would have wanted football I suppose, Bendtner just wanted cash so he stuck around like a stink.

The Emirates Gallactico
28-08-2014, 03:00 PM
He looked good but bear in mind it was his cup final and he had a point to prove against his old club that decided he wasn't good enough.

Whether he could sustain such a level and push on is a completely different matter.

fakeyank
28-08-2014, 03:41 PM
So he's crap (he created 15 chances for Germany in the World Cup, the most of any German player. In case you missed it, they won the World Cup) and last season was shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or.

Ok :good:

I think it's fair to say we've not seen the best of him yet but he's clearly a quality player, stop being ridiculous.

15 chances at the world cup? What does that mean? Surely not assists because he officially has 1 from the 2014 WC. He did score a goal too, so thats 2 'chances created'. I dont know what criteria they use to nominate a player for Ballon d'Or or which time period they look at to determine a player should be shortlisted, but in Ozil's case, it surely could not have been for his time at Arsenal... but then again, you have Stevie G and Rooney in that list, so..

He probably is a quality player. He definitely was world class at Real Madrid but for some reason other than the Napoli game last season, he never stood out like a 60+ million signing. We probably need to play him in a different position to get the best out of him but at present he hasnt done anything to warrant his place in the starting XI.

fakeyank
28-08-2014, 03:48 PM

:gp:

:haha:

Dein-machine
28-08-2014, 04:02 PM
15 chances at the world cup? What does that mean? Surely not assists because he officially has 1 from the 2014 WC. He did score a goal too, so thats 2 'chances created'. I dont know what criteria they use to nominate a player for Ballon d'Or or which time period they look at to determine a player should be shortlisted, but in Ozil's case, it surely could not have been for his time at Arsenal... but then again, you have Stevie G and Rooney in that list, so..

He probably is a quality player. He definitely was world class at Real Madrid but for some reason other than the Napoli game last season, he never stood out like a 60+ million signing. We probably need to play him in a different position to get the best out of him but at present he hasnt done anything to warrant his place in the starting XI.

We will only get the best out of Ozil if we have quality going forward. Playing Ozil with the likes of Giroud or Sonogo is a crying shame

Power n Glory
28-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Ozil was alright. He just needs to sort out his fitness. On the counter, he could be an important weapon. He breaks with pace and can provide the killer pass. I also saw one or two attempts to take on his man also which makes a change but I suppose he’ll be forced to do that more if played down the flanks.

Letters
28-08-2014, 05:04 PM
15 chances at the world cup? What does that mean?
It means what it says. He created that many chances. The fact they weren't taken is neither here not there, I remember a game last season where he put 3 on a plate for Theo in about 20 minutes and Walcott missed all of them, that isn't Ozil's fault.

I'd kinda agree he hasn't looked like a £40m signing but he hasn't been 'crap' either. IMO we need players like Walcott to get the best out of him, with Walcott's pace (if he still has it after the injuries) he should be running on to Ozil's passes, that could get us a lot of goals this season.

Özim
28-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Ozil is a quality player, I rated him very highly before he arrived and was thrilled we signed him, he does need to step up however as he's been disappointing for us, looked a shadow of the player he can be, could be due to our system though, he's best when in a team who counter attacks and he can make those penetrating runs at speed, I think our style of play is just too slow to make the most of his talents.

BOBN
28-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Just glad weve seen the last of him tbh. Its nice having reasonable defenders.

But tbh, maybe hes proving me wrong over there. Let us take a peak...

The 22-year-old Arsenal loanee, signed last Thursday, endured a debut to forget as West Ham lost 2-0 to Málaga in the Schalke 04 Cup on Sunday. Jenkinson conceded a first-half penalty before a hamstring injury forced him off and Allardyce will be hoping for good news following a scan to see if the injury will rule the England full-back out of the start of the new season.

:lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Glad Wilshere had a good game.

He was starting to get a disproportionate amount of stick for every mistake. I agree with what Alan Davies said about him recently. It is slightly worrying how off it we look at times but it is very encouraging to see just how hard Alexis works. My word! No pushover either.

Power n Glory
29-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Wilshere had his best game in ages. But was that down to Ramsey being absent? I've never seen the pair really work together to get the best out of each other's game. There is a lack of understanding between them from what I've seen so far. Hopefully, they work it out soon.

What did Alan Davis say? The Tuesday club back?