View Full Version : Match reaction vs. Leicester

cheesy bites
31-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Useless garbage

Sanogo isn't good enough for a Championship team

Tip tap tip tap tip tap

adzzzbatch
31-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Absolutely crap from us. It was said after the bestakis games but this was the worst game in a while.

All the good will after the FA Cup win has gone.

Munchies
Pile of shit

selassie
We have been woeful in pretty much every match so far this season. We were decent in spells in the first half today but absolutely horrible in the 2nd half, worst I have seen us play in quite some time.

I just dunno....we seem short in pretty much every position yet we don't seem to be in the market for anyone.

fakeyank
31-08-2014, 05:00 PM
At least our defense looked good against filth last season. Thats gone this season too.

Why on earth we waited till 75 minutes to bring on subs is baffling... Wumger is truly clueless.

Ozil needs to be benched or loaned out. Stealing a living off his past.

Sanchez is a beast though.. only positive this season tbf!

LDG
31-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Ramsey and Flamini were woeful today.

Ozil was in and out.

Cazorla tried, as did Sanchez.

We just don't look like we know what the fuck we're supposed to do with it. As soon as we're in the oponents half, we have one thought. Play it accross the middle and look for the killer pass inbehind a wall of players.

It's not the players, beacuse any striker would struggle the way we play.

Sanogo isn't crap, bug he's not the calibre of player you want if you're serious about winning the title.

Well set for 4th place again.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:03 PM
SANOGO

IS

SHIT

http://img1.etsystatic.com/006/0/5176714/il_fullxfull.393927691_565h.jpg?ref=l2

Marc Overmars
31-08-2014, 05:03 PM
We were far too methodical, played on auto-pilot and created barely anything of note.

Easiest point Leicester will probably pick up all season.

Xhaka Can’t
31-08-2014, 05:04 PM
If this is the team Wenger thinks is good enough for this season, it would have been far better for all concerned had he gone out having won the FA Cup.

Successfully defending the FA Cup is the best we can hope for this season.

LDG
We're soooo slow at movinv the ball.

Why take fifteen passes when one will do? It's fucking murder to watch.

Niall_Quinn
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/well-shit-horse.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Flamini superb

Sanogo :haha:

Wenger's tactics :haha:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Flamini superb

Wind up or serious?

cheesy bites
31-08-2014, 05:06 PM
What happened to Ramsey?

I really have no idea what to think of Ozil - he's undroppable but I have no idea what he does

Sanchez is our only direct player (Ox when he comes on can be too)

Flamini is finished

If we don't sign a striker or a midfielder with some presence, we'll be fighting Spurs and Everton for fourth once again. How utterly fucking depressing. Year after year, we can see what we need, everyone can, but we do nothing about it.

fakeyank
If this is the team Wenger thinks is good enough for this season, it would have been far better for all concerned had he gone out having won the FA Cup.

Successfully defending the FA Cup is the best we can hope for this season.

:gp:

Wouldve been the best thing for all concerned- club, manager and fans.

adzzzbatch
Flamini superb

you what?

Dein-machine
31-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Absolute crap.
Can you imagine what Sanchez is thinking playing with this lot. Stadium or no stadium, we should be ruining teams like Leicester. We're struggling to beat teams with players that no ones heard of.
Wenger is so tactically shite it's embarrassing - when they went 3 up top bringing on Vardy it was obviously the time to get Ox on to run at tired legs but he leaves it till 75 mins

Master Splinter
31-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Awlful.

Sanchez and Cazorla played well and tried to spark us but were let down by incompetence all around them. Ozil and Ramsey in particular were horrific and actually damaging to us.

It's painful watching Flamini in the middle. He offers nothing. We really do need an upgrade here. Or at least play Rosicky, or an unfit Diaby, it can't be any worse.

Debuchy, in amongst some good play, is constantly out of position and is a bit stupid in his decision-making. Could really hurt us if he doesn't curb this.

Ox seems to have actually become Gibbs with his never-ending injuries. He and Ozil are probably out for the season.

Anthony Taylor is fucking terrible.

fakeyank
31-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Absolute crap.
Can you imagine what Sanchez is thinking playing with this lot. Stadium or no stadium, we should be ruining teams like Leicester. We're struggling to beat teams with players that no ones heard of.
Wenger is so tactically shite it's embarrassing - when they went 3 up top bringing on Vardy it was obviously the time to get Ox on to run at tired legs but he leaves it till 75 mins

https://arsenalarsenal.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/arsene_wenger.jpg

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Absolute crap.
Can you imagine what Sanchez is thinking playing with this lot.

I thought that myself as I watched him chasing back for the 100th time as the rest of them strolled around. Great player. But very sad to see him humiliated by having to play second fiddle to a non-player like Sanogo.

Globalgunner
31-08-2014, 05:10 PM
This is your life Arsenal fans. At least for the next 3 years. We flicked the FA cup last season and gave another 3 years to a man with no desire for winning, only an ambition to keep his job for as long as possible. He won't buy quality unless serendipity planks it into his lap. At the end of this season, his excuse will be his main striker was out for 4 months and he was bedding his 2nd striker in.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Anthony Tylor is fucking terrible.

They all are. The rule is self evident, kicking Arsenal is allowed. The fucker was even laughing about it. Then all the booking come in the last 5 mins so the incompetent moron can cover his useless arse.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Did Rosicky and Campbell touch Wenger inappropriately in the shower? How would it have hurt to give them a game today considering how badly the team has been misfiring?

Gooner23
31-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Impotent up front and worryingly shakey at the back.

Feel sorry for Sanogo. He works hard and makes good runs but is woefully short in every other department. He'll get a lot of stick this season but shouldn't be exposed like this, really poor management.

Also, Wenger in full on Wengbot mode with his subs. Chamberlain should have been on much earlier.

cheesy bites
31-08-2014, 05:14 PM
To be honest, a lot of the good play from us seems to be in spite of Wenger, not because of him.

When we decide to take a shot instead of an extra pass, Wenger is probably wincing inside, yet that's what we need.

fakeyank
31-08-2014, 05:14 PM
This is your life Arsenal fans. At least for the next 3 years. We flicked the FA cup last season and gave another 3 years to a man with no desire for winning, only an ambition to keep his job for as long as possible. He won't buy quality unless serendipity planks it into his lap. At the end of this season, his excuse will be his main striker was out for 4 months and he was bedding his 2nd striker in.

:gp:

It really is not about 'buying' though... that man is clueless regarding tactics. Sanogo might have potential but he is nowhere close to being a starter. Why are Campbell and Podolski warming the bench when we can use them. These 'big' signings may win us games against the big boys but we need to be steamrolling over teams like Leicester City.

I am not saying we cannot draw against teams from the bottom half.. what I am asking for is us to create chances against them. No one watching today's game can say that we deserved to win. I thought we were lucky to even get a point out of it. Shameful!

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Why do people think Sanogo has potential?

Plainly he doesn't.

RomfordPele
31-08-2014, 05:16 PM
I thought that myself as I watched him chasing back for the 100th time as the rest of them strolled around. Great player. But very sad to see him humiliated by having to play second fiddle to a non-player like Sanogo.

Poor bastard. Must be feeling like arshavin being played up front in 2011ish. Our 4ft 8 target man - another wumger classic.

Ralpheroo72
31-08-2014, 05:17 PM
We are desperate for a striker, and sign no one. Chavs score 6, and they sign Remy. Woeful, Wenger should've went after the fa cup. League title? Not likely.

Master Splinter
31-08-2014, 05:19 PM
@philmcnumpty
"Got absolutely hammered for suggesting Arsenal might finish fifth. Still think it could happen unless Wenger acts in the market."

This mug is the BBC's chief football writer and he makes his agenda so clear. These imbeciles never learn. They think wishing for it in their weekly column makes it so.

Great reply though:

@_Compo
You got hammered because you're a cunt not because of that.

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:20 PM
You got hammered because you're a cunt not because of that.

The truth.

cheesy bites
31-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Here come the excuses

adzzzbatch
31-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Here come the excuses

Heard it all before.

cheesy bites
31-08-2014, 05:22 PM
"We are open, and we work on it. But the solution is not just to buy a new player. We want to and we are open to it"

cheesy bites
31-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Asked about if we were ever in for Remy: I do not want to talk about individual cases. We are very active.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:24 PM
He's looking at least. I hope it's not in some car park at a French supermarket though.

Gooner23
31-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Sanchez was our only bright player today.

Ramsey had a shocker, but we can't rely on him every single week. Cazorla was ok but nothing special. I'm not normally an Ozil hater but he was very poor today. I'm really not a fan of Flamini at all, terrible on the ball and a liability with his rash tackling.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2014, 05:25 PM
I am fairly sure having a striker that can't score is not a great answer either.

Fuck this, time for pizza.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:26 PM
I am fairly sure having a striker that can't score is not a great answer either.

Fuck this, time for pizza.

This pizza, can it play?

RomfordPele
31-08-2014, 05:27 PM
I also feel really sorry for sanogo. Completely out of his depth and being mercilessly exposed by Wenger's stubbornness. He needs to be given a chance to develop in a lower league. Then he might have a chance at a premiership career. #freesanogo

Dein-machine
31-08-2014, 05:27 PM
I'll take a point today if he now knows what we all new ages ago - WE NEED A STRIKER.
If we'd pubbed another win I doubt he'd have bothered which will mean finishing outside the top 4 this year.
We shouldn't be buying a striker to replace Giroud, whoever we buy needs to be better than Giroud

Kano
31-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Just buy a fucking striker please.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I also feel really sorry for sanogo. Completely out of his depth and being mercilessly exposed by Wenger's stubbornness. He needs to be given a chance to develop in a lower league. Then he might have a chance at a premiership career. #freesanogo

That's true. But the kid isn't learning either. He looks no different now than he did 17 appearances ago.

Xhaka Can’t
31-08-2014, 05:30 PM
This pizza, can it play?

I too, have been active in the market for pizza.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Ramsey's hair looks a lot better that way. He hasn't been as good since he got that stupid looking hair cut.

Syn
31-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Everyone's screaming out for a striker but I still think the problem is in centre midfield. Flamini was awful today, nearly cost us the one point we got with the Yardy chance. There's no physical presence or control in the centre, the opposition can just storm straight through us. we should keep playing Sanchez upfront and soon try Walcott there, but who else can we try at defensive midfield? Chambers perhaps but it's asking a lot from such an inexperienced player.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2014, 05:36 PM
This pizza, can it play?

It can deliver. Unlike some postmen I can mention.

Syn
31-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Ramsey's hair looks a lot better that way. He hasn't been as good since he got that stupid looking hair cut.

He was awful today. Very sloppy and didn't give us the usual drive. Too soon to question his attitude so I won't. But keep an eye on the new becks.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-08-2014, 05:38 PM
"We are open, and we work on it. But the solution is not just to buy a new player."

Syn
31-08-2014, 05:38 PM
And Ozil, out of position or not, need more from him than that. We had the big names out there but they're not delivering. Unlike Dominos.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Luckily Flamini was excellent and kept us in the game with his aggression.

As for Sanogo, I didn't actually think it was possible for Wenger to find someone worse than Bendtner but to his credit, he's done it.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2014, 05:43 PM
And Ozil, out of position or not, need more from him than that. We had the big names out there but they're not delivering. Unlike Dominos.

Ah balls, forgot Colne has a Dominos now.

If we get injuries in every game we don't have a hope - that's three probably today.

Penguin
31-08-2014, 05:44 PM
After Giroud got injured Wenger said that he bought Alexis as a striker... that's obviously bollocks after he played Sanogo there instead today. If he had any conviction in that statement, this would have been the perfect time to play him there. Our main striker is out for 4 months and we're playing against a side that's just come up from the Championship - what better time could there be to bed in your new CF?

Ok so if you don't consider him to be a CF that's fine. He's a world class winger and will be great for us there too. But then fucking buy a striker that can do the job :rolleyes:

Master Splinter
31-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Everyone's screaming out for a striker but I still think the problem is in centre midfield. Flamini was awful today, nearly cost us the one point we got with the Yardy chance. There's no physical presence or control in the centre, the opposition can just storm straight through us. we should keep playing Sanchez upfront and soon try Walcott there, but who else can we try at defensive midfield? Chambers perhaps but it's asking a lot from such an inexperienced player.

Pretty much.

And if we don't have a big black beast there, at least play someone who can control a ball and distribute quickly under pressure.

It's why we don't build attacks consistently anymore.

Also, you called him Yardy. :haha:

topgun
31-08-2014, 05:57 PM

All the top teams have a strong spine,we don't that's why we need both positions filled that's along with the need to be more tactically astute, and as long as the current incumbent remains in charge that situation won't change any time soon.:fury:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 06:03 PM

I think the CDM is an 8/10 problem whereas the striker position is now a screaming emergency. There's not a prayer of signing a quality CB, DM and Striker in the next few hours so what should be the absolute priority? In the end if you get somebody who can score a goal it can go some way to masking inadequacies elsewhere. Even if you keep a clean sheet, if you can't score then you lose 2 points against teams like the chavs and gypos who will relentlessly pile on the points.

So late in the day now, chances are we end up with nothing.

Munchies
31-08-2014, 06:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lMMHxQMK044

Munchies
31-08-2014, 06:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uqSMfj8WONw

Xhaka Can’t
31-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Ah balls, forgot Colne has a Dominos now.

If we get injuries in every game we don't have a hope - that's three probably today.

You get more taste and texture from the cardboard box a Dominos comes in.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2014, 06:28 PM
i don't think the overall performance was that bad, for two thirds of the match we had a lot of cohesive pace and movement unfortunately it was all rather spoiled when Sanogo got on the ball, very much reminded me of a performance we would have given ten years ago quick out the blocks, dominating the game take the lead but let it slip because we are sloppy in possession. Then again for me Koscielny shoudln't have been on the pitch at that point to have been beaten in the air by Ulloa and Debuchy also should have stopped the cross from coming in.
Wenger is responsible a) for not bringing off koscielny as soon as he suffered a head injury and b) waiting until the 75th minute to bring on Oxlade Chamberlain and Podolski by that time we had lost all cohesion and we never able to regain the momentum.

Ernesto
31-08-2014, 06:47 PM
This mug is the BBC's chief football writer and he makes his agenda so clear. These imbeciles never learn. They think wishing for it in their weekly column makes it so.

Great reply though:

Hahaha!

That's f***in awesome. That that, McNulty!

Chippy
31-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Spot on! We have some very good players (except for San-nogoal!, fucking Sunday league player). We need a decent manager who has some tactical knowledge! Wenger is buffoon! Sanchez must be regretting his move to Arsenal!

Ernesto
31-08-2014, 07:09 PM
In terms of the match, it was awful. Leicester didn't outmuscle us, didn't play dirty, didn't "let us know they were there", and yet we still put in a lethargic, pathetic end-of-season performance as if we'd already secured the title.

The display was epitomised by Yaya Sanogo. Now, I don't know if his lacklustre performances are due to limited ability or limited effort. The former is forgiveable but if it's the latter, he should kindly do one.

The major fault lies with Wenger. Podolski, à World Cup winner no less has been waiting patiently on the sidelines for the best part of 3 years. He finally gets à break (literally, in terms of Giroud's ankle) and he STILL can't make the team. Yes, he doesn't make intelligent runs as a lone striker, but are you genuinely telling me Sanogo is more likely to score à 1 on 1 than Lukas?

I'm flabbergasted.

Injury Time
31-08-2014, 07:37 PM
In terms of the match, it was awful. Leicester didn't outmuscle us, didn't play dirty, didn't "let us know they were there", and yet we still put in a lethargic, pathetic end-of-season performance as if we'd already secured the title.

The display was epitomised by Yaya Sanogo. Now, I don't know if his lacklustre performances are due to limited ability or limited effort. The former is forgiveable but if it's the latter, he should kindly do one.

The major fault lies with Wenger. Podolski, à World Cup winner no less has been waiting patiently on the sidelines for the best part of 3 years. He finally gets à break (literally, in terms of Giroud's ankle) and he STILL can't make the team. Yes, he doesn't make intelligent runs as a lone striker, but are you genuinely telling me Sanogo is more likely to score à 1 on 1 than Lukas?

I'm flabbergasted.
No he signed for the Chavs :sulk:

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2014, 07:58 PM
There is no way that we should have not won this game with all the chances we had......shit sorry forgot Sanogo was playing up front.....now I am one of the least anti anybody on this site apart from when I was giving Theo it in the neck but Sanogo needs to one have surgery to connect his feet to his brain because they are defo not on the same wavelength and two, be sent out on loan.

We cannot seriously go into another game without having added to the striker, CM and defence. I truly believe we need at least three more players, whether we get them is another matter but if Falcao costs 20mil to loan for a year and the deal includes salary then bloody do it. We need someone that can naturally find the back of the net.

Ramsey was a bit of a let down today as were most of the team. We lack some much pave and directness. I used to slate Walcott but we need him back do badly. To have him and Sanchez on the flanks would be great. Sanchez was the only one that worked his socks off today.....Chambers did well for the most part too.

We need Ozil as the number 10 not because Santi is shit but because Ozil is so disinterested out wide. He needs to be in the thick if things. Santi can play better out wide or provide an impact as a sub! I didn't think Flams was that bad but his lunge towards the end when he should have stood up almost cost us.....not long to go before TW closes and Wenger needs to pull out some masterstrokes

Falcao
Carvalho
Papa Smurf

GP
31-08-2014, 09:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7dpx5i2.gif

Letters
31-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Very poor. I do think that potentially this could be a very good side. We do need more up front but with the players we've got we should be full of goals. There's little evidence of that so far. We've just not got going yet but so far we've got away with it, this was the first really poor result and we've not been beaten yet. With the games coming up though we've got to do better.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Falcao - £30mill for 1 year then he's off to Madrid, £5mill wages saved by Podolski going out, plus fee of say £10mill. Real cost for 1 year, £15mill - could recoup instantly if he scored the winning goal to put us into last 4 of CL.

Carvalho - £24mill + £4mill wages*

Papa Smurf - £16mill + £3mill wages

Less £1 for selling Sanogo to glue factory

Total outlay: $61,999,999

Probability of it happening: 0%

* All figures made up out of thin air.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Very poor. I do think that potentially this could be a very good side. We do need more up front but with the players we've got we should be full of goals. There's little evidence of that so far. We've just not got going yet but so far we've got away with it, this was the first really poor result and we've not been beaten yet. With the games coming up though we've got to do better.

You can't be full of goals when you have Sanogo in the box, because it means you don't have somebody else in the box. Plus with all his offsides and giving the ball away etc, he's the most affective thing the opposition has in nullifying our goal threat.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2014, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7dpx5i2.gif

Kid is way smarter than most adults, but they'll train it out of him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Wenger has 24 hours to save his legacy.

Letters
01-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Wenger has 24 hours to save his legacy.
Not really. It's a long season, we've not looked good yet but we've mostly got away with it, results wise - yesterday was the first really poor result. Marathon not a sprint, Brian.
That said, out options up front are depressing and I do worry where goals are coming from if he doesn't sign anyone.

Power n Glory
01-09-2014, 07:36 AM

We need a CB, DM and Striker. The Kos concussion/sub situation probably wouldn't have happened if we had more cover in that area. Chambers is good but young and Wenger will try to protect him.

DM - it's been a problem for seasons l and I hope someone more solid will help the midfield mount better attacks whilst also helping to snuff out counters.

There isn't much else to say on our striking options. It's just not good enough and the manager must know that by now.

AKBapologist
21-09-2014, 04:33 PM
I was just thinking, "oh gosh, not looking forward to playing this leicester city side away...."

And then I remembered
:lol:

Perhaps not a bad point in retrospect? Hopefully these guys will nick a few points from our rivals.