PDA

View Full Version : Wenger Sacked

Alpha
04-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Arsene Wenger has been sacked by TF1 where he was an analyst and pundit . The french cooperation has let him know of their decision when Wenger spent a few hours in France from Switzerland . The decision would certainly benefit Arsenal as their manager will have now to dedicate himself fully to his managerial role .

Injury Time
04-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Apparently his commentary style lacked POWER and PACE! :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Arsene? What are your views?

I didn't see it!

Master Splinter
04-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Did my commentary of top, top, top quality leave an outstanding global impression?

I believe yes.

But as well you know we live in a society of opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Was the judgement of TF1 that I was maybe little bit past it?

I do not have an opinion on that.

Slacker
04-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Lacking a little sharpness possibly???

Letters
05-09-2014, 06:11 AM
TF1 hasn't been the same since Zim took over.

Bumble
05-09-2014, 06:39 AM
I heard he wasn't direct enough with the issues and tended to tip tap round them.

Ollie the Optimist
05-09-2014, 09:41 AM
these days, modern pundits just have to say something controversial to get hits and spark outrage on twitter, like robbie savage, whereas someone like Wenger who most could sit and listen to for hours talking about football won't do that. Wonder if the french tv is going the same way as english tv and getting morons to be pundits rather then people who know what they are talking about

Injury Time
05-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Apparently he didn't said anything until the 69th minute regardless of what was happening on the pitch...

LDG
05-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Was I commentating little bit with the handbrake? You can say that. I think (I) controlled the mic, but perhaps suffer from the world cup where I commentated two games every four days.

Of course, you think the solution is always to sack the co-commentator. Nobody questions Alan Parry "Unbelievable" catchphrase, yet you look always at my "Fuck me! That was shit!".

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Alan Parry? Little bit Kammy, yes.

LDG
05-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Alan Parry? Little bit Kammy, yes.

He says that a lot too, iirc.

Are there other Alan Parryisms?

Clive = "That night in....."

Motty = "Oh!!! It's gone in!"

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2014, 10:05 AM
"whoops"

[STAT]...as a matter of fact. .. [STAT]

On a player passing badly throughout a game: "That's unlike him".

Letters
05-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Apparently he didn't said anything until the 69th minute regardless of what was happening on the pitch...

:haha:

Letters
05-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Just to clarify, I was laughing at the awlful grammar, not the joke :coffee:

LDG
05-09-2014, 10:20 AM
:lol:

Just found these gems from Clive

“He’s not George Best, but then again, no-one is.”

“He went through a non-existent gap.”

“One or two of their players aren’t getting any younger.”

“If they come back it’s a night we’ll remember for a long time. But that’s a capital if.”

“David O’Leary’s poker face betrays the emotions.”

Penguin
05-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Andy Townsend's favourite:

"He almost hit that shot TOO well... He almost wants to scuff it so it bounces over the keeper"

Uh... no. If he hit it 'too well' it would have gone in the top corner :doh:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
he has lost any credibility he had remaining as an expert in football since signing Danny Welbeck

LDG
05-09-2014, 12:53 PM
he has lost any credibility he had remaining as an expert in football since signing Danny Welbeck

Same reason we don't listen to you after your Ramsey debacle.

:run:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-09-2014, 01:06 PM
:lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Same reason we don't listen to you after your Ramsey debacle.:run:

Listen you my opinions are just as valid as anyones

- Like when i text my brother last Sunday and said i'd be incredibly surprised if Spurs didn't beat Liverpool
- Or when i said England would get out of Group C unbeaten
- Or when i said Wenger would never dream of going into the season with only two recognised centre backs in the squad

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Ramsey hasn't particurlarly played well this season thus far either, he's done well in a goalscoring sense by getting two crucial goals in the league...but his overall play has been disappointing...he's kind of reverting to some of his old habbits...overcooked passing, poor touches...giving away the ball and then giving away fouls in dangerous areas when he tries to make amends.
But let's be fair no-one has been fantastic in an Arsenal shirt consistently this season.

Injury Time
05-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Just to clarify, I was laughing at the awlful grammar, not the joke :coffee:

Your face is a joke. :fingers:

Globalgunner
05-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Your face is a joke. :fingers:
Beware the grammar police who can't spell the word awful properly

LDG
06-09-2014, 04:49 AM
Beware the grammar police who can't spell the word awful properly

Letters :haha:

Awlful spelling. In fact, just to take the piss, we should always spell awful, "awlful", from now on, just to take the piss.