PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2011 thread 20 June - 3 July

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Tsonga serves for the match at 5-4

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:14 PM
5-2 Fed leads, Mannarino serving to stay in the first set. Fed hasn't dropped a single point on his serve yet. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Two set points for Federer.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:18 PM
And Fed takes it 6-2.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Tsonga is broken.

Had a couple of match points there

5-5

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I'd just walk off court if I was Mannarino tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Fed breaks and leads 2-0 in the second set. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Mannarino finally wins a point on Fed's serve.

:yikes:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:27 PM
3-0 Fed.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Mannarino is serving to stay in the second set.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Tsonga wins 6-7 6-4 6-4 7-6

Great match unfortunately. Was hoping for a easy Tsonga win so we'd see Sharapova v Robson.

Oh well

Tsonga jumps over the net to hug the other guy. Great last point

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Federer is serving for the second set at 5-3 up.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Three break points for Mannarino. :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
Two remaining.

McNamara That Ghost...
One break point remaining.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Deuce. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Fed takes the second set 6-3.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 08:02 PM
And Fed leads 2-0 in the third set.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Break point for Federer.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Fed breaks and leads 4-1 in the third set.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Mannarino is serving to stay in the match.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 08:18 PM
And he does. Fed to serve it out.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Fed wins 6-2 6-3 6-2.

:bow:

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Murray back on Centre tomorrow. Last match on

Nadal on Court 1

Robson v Sharapova is first on Court 1 :banghead:

Hoping for a rain delay for a hour and a half

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Almagro beat Isner in four sets.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 11:14 AM
BBC showing Baltacha v Peng.

Come on Baltacha

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Robson vs Sharapova on now.

:popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Break point for Sharapova.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Saved pretty well.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Adv. Sharapova.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 01:07 PM
6-5 to Robson now. Was 3-0 up at one point.

4-4 in the third set in the Baltacha match. Baltacha should have won this by now.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Tie break in Robbo v Sharapova :popcorn:.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Baltacha goes out looses the final set 7-5 and sharapova takes the 1st set

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Out goes Robson after a hard fought battle against sharapova

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Missed the main match of today.

FFS

Roddick is 2 sets down to Lopez and a break down in the 3rd.

The woman seeded number 1 whoever she is just won as well

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Venus is out on Centre now.

Watching Roddicks match though

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Roddick serving to stay in the match at 3-5

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Lopez to serve for the match

5-4

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Lopez wins it

7-6 7-6 6-4

Scheduled to meet Murray in the QFs as Castle keeps mentioning.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Venus is out on Centre now.

Watching Roddicks match though

Well you Obvioulsy ain't as roddick is on Centre and Venus on court 1

Missed the main match of today.

FFS

Roddick is 2 sets down to Lopez and a break down in the 3rd.

The woman seeded number 1 whoever she is just won as well

Nah you did not miss much Robson had a good chance but she blew it and you knew shara would beat her in to sets.

Özim
24-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Like I said Murray always gets a p*ss easy route to the semi's.

Federer has Nalbandian and Djokovic has Baghdatis.....Murray is still playing mickey mouse names and now Roddick has gone out another possibly tough game disappears.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Like I said Murray always gets a p*ss easy route to the semi's.

Federer has Nalbandian and Djokovic has Baghdatis.....Murray is still playing mickey mouse names and now Roddick has gone out another possibly tough game disappears.

Hes facing a former world number 3 today....They have faced each other 6 times and its 3 all. Not easy at all.

Next round its probably Gasquet who is never easy and then Lopez or Monfils in the QFs and the Nadal and Federer

If thats easy, i dont want to know what hard is

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:42 PM
No decent mens match going on atm.

Women have taken over on Centre, 1 and 2.

Venus is 5-0 in the first on 1 so cba watching that.

Zvonareva lost the first set on 2 so thats a possibility plus shes a looker.

Hantuchova v a pub teamer on centre though and she looks great as always so i might watch that

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Zvonareva lost 6-2 6-3

Del Potro up next on that court

Özim
24-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Hes facing a former world number 3 today....They have faced each other 6 times and its 3 all. Not easy at all.

Next round its probably Gasquet who is never easy and then Lopez or Monfils in the QFs and the Nadal and Federer

Lubicic was number 3 5 years ago, he's 32 now and ranked 33.....not much of a player and should be easy for him.

Gasquet is very talented, but I have to say he's the bottler of all bottlers. He'll play two good sets lose a game and then collapse faster than a rice paper table with a 2 tonne block of concrete sitting on it.

Lopes isn't that good either, Monfils has talent but no stamina for Grand Slams.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Hantuchova v a pub teamer on centre though and she looks great as always so i might watch that

You do realise Azarenka is world number 5?

Does pub teamer just mean someone you haven't heard of ? :lol:

She makes more noise than Sharapova and Schiavone put together, so I hope Hantuchova destroys her. She picked up an injury last week though, so she may not be 100%.

Also, Roddick :doh:

He just looked completely out of ideas. Lopez is always incredibly tricky on grass though, so not a huge shock.

Cameramen will be disappointed they can't constantly perv on his wife anymore.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Zvonareva :doh:

Oh dear.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:03 PM
You can only beat who you're up against.

Not Murrays fault Roddick wasnt good enough today to beat Lopez who is one of those dangerous floaters in the mens draw. Can beat the best but can also lose to shite players.

Depends on which Lopez turns up on the day.

If all goes well, then yes Murray should reach the semis without too much difficulty but thats down to how good he is more than who hes facing

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:06 PM
You do realise Azarenka is world number 5?

Does pub teamer just mean someone you haven't heard of ? :lol:

She makes more noise than Sharapova and Schiavone put together, so I hope Hantuchova destroys her. She picked up an injury last week though, so she may not be 100%.

Also, Roddick :doh:

He just looked completely out of ideas. Lopez is always incredibly tricky on grass though, so not a huge shock.

Cameramen will be disappointed they can't constantly perv on his wife anymore.
Yes i knew that

Pretty much.

Hantuchovas shoulder is bandaged up but looks fine atm and yes the grunting is annoying.

Roddick :doh: indeed

Pics of his wife or GTFO

Hewitts missus will be missed though

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:09 PM
1605: I was wondering what that racket was. Victoria Azarenka is currently on Centre Court against Daniela Hantuchova and if you are near an open window you can probably hear her. What's most impressive/annoying about the fourth seed is not only the volume of her shrieks, but also the length of them. Throw in some unusual variety of noises into the mix and she is probably the best all-round grunter in women's tennis. "I cannot change it," she said recently. "It's what helps me play."

Its pretty bad.

Ive changed over to the Man Beast Venus' match

I think Azarenka just broke though and is 3-1 up

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Venus breaks

4-2 up in the 2nd set

Nadal should be on by half 4 i reckon

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I simply can't watch her matches.

Good to see our great hope for the future of womens tennis doesn't make a sound, if I was Sharapova I'd be embarrassed making noises like that whilst my opponent is maintaining a dignified silence.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Lubicic was number 3 5 years ago, he's 32 now and ranked 33.....not much of a player and should be easy for him.

Gasquet is very talented, but I have to say he's the bottler of all bottlers. He'll play two good sets lose a game and then collapse faster than a rice paper table with a 2 tonne block of concrete sitting on it.

Lopes isn't that good either, Monfils has talent but no stamina for Grand Slams.

Like Ach said, you beat what's in front of you. He didn't rig the draw. He would find Roddick easier than Lopez anyway. The top 4 earn their position in the draw by being the best in the world.

And why is it that Nalbandian and Baghdatis are still great players despite having past glories behind them and Ljubicic is not? They are all ranked lower than in their heyday but still class players. There's no logic in your comments.

You may not like Murray, but there's no conspiracy to get him an easy route into the finals.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Venus wins 6-0 6-2

Nadal v Muller next

Syn
24-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I think the grunts from Sharapova are irritating for the crowd perhaps but I'm not sure how off-putting it is. In cricket, if some pace bowler grunts as he releases the ball, it doesn't really affect the batsman, I don't think.

Don't really play tennis myself but my sister played tennis to a decent level and she reckons it's not off-putting. The much more off-putting thing is having an opponent (or the crowd) celebrate/clap/cheer an unforced error. That is apparently very bad form. :shrug:

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Hantuchova broke back

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 03:28 PM
I think the grunts from Sharapova are irritating for the crowd perhaps but I'm not sure how off-putting it is. In cricket, if some pace bowler grunts as he releases the ball, it doesn't really affect the batsman, I don't think.

Don't really play tennis myself but my sister played tennis to a decent level and she reckons it's not off-putting. The much more off-putting thing is having an opponent (or the crowd) celebrate/clap/cheer an unforced error. That is apparently very bad form. :shrug:

Either way, it annoys the hell out of me and for that reason alone they should stfu.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:31 PM

Yeah but thats easy compared to what others have to have. ok he may get nadal in the semis and go out, but he does have it easy.

You'd never see Murry on court 2 put it that way even Court 1 you'd be lucky to see him on.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Pics of his wife or GTFO

Hewitts missus will be missed though

Roddck's wife is some type of famous model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Decker

Hewitt's wife should go back to Home And Away tbh. Hewitt should join her.

Syn
24-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Either way, it annoys the hell out of me and for that reason alone they should stfu.

:lol:

Sounds reasonable.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:32 PM

sharapova was a disgrace today compared to robson who never had to grunt. Its off putting and interupting.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah but thats easy compared to what others have to have. ok he may get nadal in the semis and go out, but he does have it easy.

You'd never see Murry on court 2 put it that way even Court 1 you'd be lucky to see him on.
He was on court 1 for his last match...

I havent seen the others possible routes to the final so cant comment

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:33 PM
roddck's wife is some type of famous model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/brooklyn_decker

hewitt's wife should go back to home and away tbh. Hewitt should join her.

lmao

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Roddck's wife is some type of famous model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Decker

Hewitt's wife should go back to Home And Away tbh. Hewitt should join her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLeOSOe4GmQ

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:36 PM
He was on court 1 for his last match...

I havent seen the others possible routes to the final so cant comment

and yet the media still moaned he was not on Centre. Lets be real if they had ther way he'd been on centre court full time.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:37 PM
and yet the media still moaned he was not on Centre. Lets be real if they had ther way he'd been on centre court full time.

Thats the media.

Murray himself said he didnt give a fuck. He might not have used those exact words but it was close enough

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I simply can't watch her matches.

Good to see our great hope for the future of womens tennis doesn't make a sound, if I was Sharapova I'd be embarrassed making noises like that whilst my opponent is maintaining a dignified silence.

i swear our best hope is Baltacha if you believe the media that is.

TBH for me Watson and Robson are our best hopes tbh

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:38 PM

There's no 'easy'. It's just a draw. A draw that's equally fair to all players. If it conspires that Murray has some lower-ranked opponents than expected, that's down to higher-ranked players being beaten. It's Murray's job to beat whoever is in front of him and whoever it is will have earnt their place.

And the court you play on has nothing to do with the draw. The top men will always play on the show courts, because they are the main attraction. Murray being British helps, but he's also the fourth best player in the world. Roddick would be on the show courts in America. Berdych would be on the show courts every mach if there was a Czech Grand Slam.

And he was on Court 1 on wednesday.

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Oh yeah, he gets the pick of the courts usually, unlike those poor Wiliams'.

In tennis I think the best guy usually wins so regardless of how the draw starts, by the 3rd or 4th round you're either playing guys who are of a reasonable quality or just in the form of their lives, either one is dangerous imo.

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 03:41 PM
i swear our best hope is Baltacha if you believe the media that is.

TBH for me Watson and Robson are our best hopes tbh

Hmm, interesting.

Baltacha is number one I guess but given the bottle job today and their ages, I'd agree with you.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Azarenka wins the first set 6-3

Muller has beaten Nadal at Wimbledon before btw

Ok it was back in 2005 when Nadal was 7 years old or something. Still, its a claim to fame

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:45 PM
There's no 'easy'. It's just a draw. A draw that's equally fair to all players. If it conspires that Murray has some lower-ranked opponents than expected, that's down to higher-ranked players being beaten. It's Murray's job to beat whoever is in front of him and whoever it is will have earnt their place.

And the court you play on has nothing to do with the draw. The top men will always play on the show courts, because they are the main attraction. Murray being British helps, but he's also the fourth best player in the world. Roddick would be on the show courts in America. Berdych would be on the show courts every mach if there was a Czech Grand Slam.

And he was on Court 1 on wednesday.

Fair points but would we see him on court 2 no matter how good he is whould we our or being fair to others? No and maybe rightly so, he does entertain ill give him that so does desreve to be on the show courts.

Oh yeah, he gets the pick of the courts usually, unlike those poor Wiliams'.

In tennis I think the best guy usually wins so regardless of how the draw starts, by the 3rd or 4th round you're either playing guys who are of a reasonable quality or just in the form of their lives, either one is dangerous imo.

Not sure how the Willam's get the pick of the court they both played on number 2 or 3 recently(even if they moaned)

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Petkovic and Kuznetsova are another two big-name casualties.

Women :lol:.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Hmm, interesting.

Baltacha is number one I guess but given the bottle job today and their ages, I'd agree with you.

Baltacha like Anne keovathong will Always be Round 2 girls and lucky enough round 3.

Just think the other 2 are exciting to watch and have more potenatiall and the crowd gets behind them more

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 03:47 PM
It was a spot of facetiousness on my part, momentarily forgot the Internet is impervious to changes of tone.

Edit: The comment about the Williams' that is.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Petkovic and Kuznetsova are another two big-name casualties.

Women :lol:.
:rose: Womens tennis for what it was not for what its become, Shame really not even the Willam's sisters or Sharacantstand her Can't save it.

We have a workd number 1 who is useless and don't not need to win a slam to get that ranking.

really and truly Womens tennis should have got better.

Oh how i miss the day off Hingis/Daveport/Capriati.Serena and Venus of the old even Monia Seles.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Hantuchova breaks

2-0

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:53 PM
:rose: Womens tennis for what it was not for what its become, Shame really not even the Willam's sisters or Sharacantstand her Can't save it.

We have a workd number 1 who is useless and don't not need to win a slam to get that ranking.

really and truly Womens tennis should have got better.

Oh how i miss the day off Hingis/Daveport/Capriati.Serena and Venus of the old even Monia Seles.

Few of the Womens matches this year at Wimbledon have been pretty good.

Serena has been taken to 3 sets in both rounds, Venus had that epic v that 40 year old virgin, Li Na yesteday in her defeat to the German pub teamer.

Whilst its not what it was, its better than it has been the last few years

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Few of the Womens matches this year at Wimbledon have been pretty good.

Serena has been taken to 3 sets in both rounds, Venus had that epic v that 40 year old virgin, Li Na yesteday in her defeat to the German pub teamer.

Whilst its not what it was, its better than it has been the last few years

Im talking in terms or talent rather then matches lol, i means i did enjoy watching Li nah even if she did go out yesterday.

ANd i enjoy Marion Batoli who i feel coould go all the way(watch this space). But over all i think Womens tennis needs to be changed, though some may say its better because unlike the mens you don't know who may win

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:59 PM
It was a spot of facetiousness on my part, momentarily forgot the Internet is impervious to changes of tone.

:lol:

Also, Robson needs to improve her movement and speed around the court or she will never become a top player. She has a great forehand and good serve, but looks cumbersome at times. Agility and court coverage is essential these days. Look at the top four men: amazing athletes.

Watson looks like the real deal though, shame she got that elbow injury.

Baltacha and Keothavong were never going to be special players. They are solid professionals who have done well and will get the odd good result here and there. They've shown alot more balls then most British men though and worked hard to get their rankings higher. They've both suffered long-term injuries too, so should continue to do reasonably well from now on if they can stay healthy.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Azarenka breaks back

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 04:20 PM
2 set points for Muller on Nadals serve at 5-6

Hantuchova wins the 2nd set

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Hantuchova takes the second set 6-3.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Tie break in Nadal v Muller.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Nadal holds

6-6

First set tie break

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Muller has the mini break

0-2

Nadal serving

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 04:27 PM
3-3 atm

Özim
24-06-2011, 04:30 PM
You can only beat who you're up against.

Not Murrays fault Roddick wasnt good enough today to beat Lopez who is one of those dangerous floaters in the mens draw. Can beat the best but can also lose to shite players.

Depends on which Lopez turns up on the day.

If all goes well, then yes Murray should reach the semis without too much difficulty but thats down to how good he is more than who hes facing
That's true but he always seems to get a pretty easyish run.

Gasquet is one of the most talented players not to have won a major, a few years ago he annhiliated Murray for two sets then relaxed and let him back in, he then totally bottled it.

Talent wise he's up there with the best, but his temperament is questionnable like most French players, shame really because when he plays well he's something else.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Nadal takes the first set 7-6 (8-6)

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Raining now

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Nadal takes the first set 7-6 (8-6)

heard nadal slippped how bad was it

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 05:52 PM
heard nadal slippped how bad was it
I don't think it was too bad. The rain delay should help him.

Azarenka beat Hantuchova 3-6 6-3 6-2 :(

Murray v Ljubicic starting soon :popcorn:.

Rors
24-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Muzzah break point down :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Murray saves break point.

Rors
24-06-2011, 06:02 PM
The Grinning Buffoon liked that one.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Two break points remaining for Murray.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Deuce. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Adv. Murray.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Deuce again.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Ljubicic holds. 3-3.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Three break points for Ljubicic. Stunning shot.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:23 PM
And Ljubicic breaks to love. 4-3.

Rors
24-06-2011, 06:24 PM

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Break point for Murray.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Ljubicic gives the break back with a double fault. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Ljubicic is serving to stay in the first set at 5-4 down.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Two set points for Murray.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:37 PM
One set point remaining.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:38 PM
And Murray takes the first set 6-4.

Rors
24-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Well won point there alright

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Two break points for Ljubicic. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:44 PM
And Murray gives him the break with a double fault. 1-0 to Ljubicic, Ljubicic to serve.

Rors
24-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Bagful of mistakes on offer from both players.

Rors
24-06-2011, 06:51 PM
The "A new Andy Murray" shtick getting a bit of a pasting from Mac here, and quite rightly.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Murray is going for the Hollywood shots.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Six double faults from Murray. That's pretty dreadful.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Ljubicic is serving for the second set.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:18 PM
And Ljubicic takes the second set 6-4.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Two break points for Murray.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:29 PM
One remaining. Not a bad serve I suppose.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Murray breaks and leads 2-0 in the third set.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Murray now has a doublebreak. 4-0 he leads.

Young Guns 11
24-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Ljubicic's sweaty veiny dome is making me feel ill

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Murray takes the third set 6-1.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Break point for Ljubicic.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Deuce.

Rors
24-06-2011, 07:57 PM
'Lubi' :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Murray. :lol: Never should've put that break point er point long.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Murray breaks and leads 3-2 in the fourth set.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Ljubicic is serving to stay in the match.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Two break points for Ljubicic.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Ljubicic breaks. It's 5-5. Murray's first serve was in but he didn't challenge it. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Murray is serving to stay in the fourth set.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:40 PM
It's tiebreak time.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:45 PM
3-3 at the changeover. Murray with one more service point.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Three match points for Murray.

Rors
24-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Three match points now then...

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Two remaining.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:49 PM
And Murray wins 6-4 4-6 6-1 7-6 (7-4).

Özim
24-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Rusedski saying Gasquet won't give Murray any problems with his serve like Like Ljubicic did....Ljubicic's serve was cr*p :lol:

Gasquet on form and a much better player than this guy, only problem is he bottles it badly when the pressure is on.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Good match. As expected, it was a tough match. Both players 2nd serve was shit but the first serves were pretty awesome.

Gasquet next. Don't think he'll be too much of a problem

Özim
24-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Reckon you're underestimating Gasquet, I'd say he's one of the most naturally talented players around, a couple years ago for two sets Murray was totally outplayed but then Gasquet took his foot off the gas and faltered badly (his game fell apart), for the first two sets though Murray had no answers to his play.

He's a lot more talented than Ljubicic in terms of natural ability, if he ever did sort out his temperament he's be a genuine threat to the top 4.

That's the big question mark over him really, his bottle...he's cruised through so far though not dropping a set.

Hope it's a good match and Gasquet plays like he can.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Rusedski saying Gasquet won't give Murray any problems with his serve like Like Ljubicic did....Ljubicic's serve was cr*p :lol:

Gasquet on form and a much better player than this guy, only problem is he bottles it badly when the pressure is on.

Meh when was what Rusedski's ever said credible lol what did he ever win.

I think it will be a much tougher macth then yesterday's one. This guy will have pace to his game that the croation did not.

did guy ain't dropped a set in these championships question is, is he ready to start now?

Rors
25-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Write off Gasquet at your peril. After his issues away from the court it's very easy to criticise him, but if he can hold it together this time, he has got more than a chance. He's less likely to out-and-out give it up like 'Lubi' did.

Aunt Bessie(complete with what looks like an industrial sized marble in her mouth) and Poor Old Tim opening up BBC TV proceedings with Barker this morning then. Over on Fivelive it's Jana 'EyeHawk' Novotna and Jeff Tarango ( :pal: ).

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Sharapova is playing at the moment, has already traded breaks with Zakopalova.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 11:50 AM
And Sharapova took the first set 6--2.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Nadal is out on court now to finish his match with Muller.

Rors
25-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Zakopalova a break up in the second. This one is threatening to get interesting!

Rors
25-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Great - I was hoping we'd seen the last of this middle-Saturday procession, but no. Typical Empirical All-England Bollocks

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Virginia Wade hasn't been impressed with Sharapova today. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Great - I was hoping we'd seen the last of this middle-Saturday procession, but no. Typical Empirical All-England Bollocks

I elected not to watch that, or rather, luckily missed it.

Rors
25-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Sachin "Teldulkar" looking suitably pissed-off, and who can blame him..?

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Sachin Tendulkar is there :bow:

And 2 pub teamers that no one has heard of that played for England :shrug:

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Sachin "Teldulkar" looking suitably pissed-off, and who can blame him..?
Understandably. Chew Bacca got his name wrong and then he had to share the limelight with 2 shite ass players

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:13 PM
FFS get on with it

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Virginia Wade hasn't been impressed with Sharapova today. :lol:

Not sure why thats her ususal standard anyways. Only comes to pick up a cheque anyway. Winning a trophy is a bonus for her i mean when your worth 70 million who needs a trophy right.

and would sue barker STFU

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Sharapova is favourite for the title.

And rightly so

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I elected not to watch that, or rather, luckily missed it.

its still fecking going on

oh wait her comes the female world number 1

Rors
25-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Back on serve now on Court 2.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Sharapova is favourite for the title.

And rightly so

not really thers others much better than her look at the rankings

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:21 PM
not really thers others much better than her look at the rankings

Not many are in better form though :good:

And the rankings especially in the womens game mean f all when you consider the top 2 are pub teamers who have never won a slam, 3rd was a nobody before she fluked the French.

One of the Williams or Sharapova will win this. All depends on the Serena v Sharapova match up in the semis i think

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:23 PM
its still fecking going on

oh wait her comes the female world number 1

Is it still on now? I've got the F1 qualifying on tv and the Nadal match on the BBC website. :lol:

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Nah they are showing Tennis now

Sharapova serving for the match

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Is it still on now? I've got the F1 qualifying on tv and the Nadal match on the BBC website. :lol:

Nah its done lol, can only take so much of barker lol

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Muller's serving has been just as good as yesterday, so far.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Not many are in better form though :good:

And the rankings especially in the womens game mean f all when you consider the top 2 are pub teamers who have never won a slam, 3rd was a nobody before she fluked the French.

One of the Williams or Sharapova will win this. All depends on the Serena v Sharapova match up in the semis i think

thye may meet in the 1/4 her ans Serena not sure how the draw works. but i agre

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:29 PM
And Sharapova wins 6-2 6-3.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Sharapova wins 6-2 6-3

I know her and Serena are in the same side of the draw but not sure if they'll meet in the Quarters or Semis

Rors
25-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Ho hum... Come on Lisicki sort this out.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Del Potro v Simon up next on Court 2

DP a set up but a break down in the 2nd in that

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Bartolis father has been kicked out of the court

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Great chance for Muller. Somehow puts it wide on the doubles court.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:34 PM
http://gototennis.com/wp-content/gallery/hantuchova_si/09_daniela-hantuchova_08.jpg

What ever happend to this chick Nasri's missus

She was diagnosed with lower back inflammation and was forced to stop playing competitive tennis indefinitely

From Wiki

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Bartolis father has been kicked out of the court

Where did you here that.

She's my tip to win the thing

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:41 PM
He shouted some coaching tips for Bartoli, not sure if it was today though, not the way Virginia Wade mentioned it anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-06-2011, 12:41 PM
From Wiki

Thats a pic of Huntichova i think, not sure why it had Tatianna Govalins name under it.

Rors
25-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Thats a pic of Huntichova i think, not sure why it had Tatianna Govalins name under it.

In the immortal words of Joe Fagin "When you kiss the dames but you don't ask their names/that's living alright"

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Muller is serving to stay in the second set at 5-4 down.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Muller serving to stay in the set at 4-5

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 12:52 PM
And he does so. Amazing serving.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Wozniacki won the first set.

Shouldnt be too long before we see Federer v Nalbandian on Centre

McNamara That Ghost...
Muller serving to force a second set tiebreak.

Cripps_orig
Del Potro broke back in the 2nd set

4-4

Rors
25-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Wozniacki took the first set 6-3

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:00 PM
And it is a second set tiebreak between Nadal and Muller.

Rors
25-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Tiebreak time again here then. Nadal is banging his head against a wall with Muller's serve.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:04 PM
3-3 at the changeover.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Nadal slipped again.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Set point for Nadal. And on Nadal's serve.

Cripps_orig
Set point Nadal on his serve

Rors
That was really the time for a defensive backhand slice wasn't it Muller? :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:09 PM
And Nadal takes it 7-6 (7-5).

Muller. :doh:

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 01:09 PM
That could be all she wrote for Muller

Expect Nadal to take the 3rd quite comfortably now

Berdych is through

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Nadal breaks

Rors
25-06-2011, 01:14 PM
And there's a break. That'll do it.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Del Potro wins the 2nd set 7-6 (7-5)

2 sets up now.

Nadal v Del Potro in the 4th round by the looks of it :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Nadal breaks again.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Nadal breaks again and will serve for the match.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Nadal serving for the match at 5-0

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Wozniacki wins 6-3 6-2. Federer and Nalbandian should be on soon.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Nadal wins 7-6 (8-6) 7-6 (7-5) 6-0.

Rors
25-06-2011, 01:40 PM
After all that it ends with a bagel :lol:

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Serena on next on Court 1

Master Splinter
25-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Just three unforced errors from Nadal in the whole match :lol:.

Ridiculous.

Gwen Stefani or her pub-teamer husband not spotted in Federer's area so far this year. Maybe they'll make an appearance today.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Break point for Fed.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Deuce.

Master Splinter
25-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Monfils on the verge of going out :doh:.

Haase just couldn't be bothered carrying on against Fish :lol:. He's a bit mental.

McNamara That Ghost...
Adv. Fed. Nalbandian's forehand is all over the place.

McNamara That Ghost...
Fed breaks and leads 2-1 in the first set.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Break point for Nalbandian.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Deuce.

Master Splinter
25-06-2011, 02:02 PM
And Kubot beats Monfils.

Monfils :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Adv. Nalbandian.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Del Potro breaks in the 3rd and will serve for the match at 6-5

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Well played from Fed. Deuce again.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Del Potro win 7-6 (10-8) 7-6 (7-5) 7-5

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Second serve ace from Fed. :lol: He eventually holds, 3-1.

Master Splinter
25-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Del Potro through in straight sets.

Del Potro v Nadal on monday :bow:

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Top half of the draw has been sorted

Nadal v Del Potro
Fish v Berdych
Murray v Gasquet
Kubot v Lopez

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Tsonga v Gonzalez on Court 2 next

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Breakpoint for Nalbandian.

Cripps_orig
Serena breaks

2-0

Nalbandian breaks back

McNamara That Ghost...
And Nalbandian breaks back, it's 3-3.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Break point for Federer.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Fed breaks, 4-3.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Nalbandian is serving to stay in the first set at 5-3 down.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Bartoli wins

5-7 6-4 9-7

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Fed takes the first set 6-4.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Ivanovic loses

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Adv. Federer.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Fed breaks and leads 2-0 in the second set.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:35 PM
I was a bit ahead of myself, it is 2-0 now though. :lol:

Master Splinter
25-06-2011, 02:38 PM
On BBC Live Text:

Meetal via text to 81111The greatest cricketer of all time watching the greatest tennis player of all time.
Is that you, Ach?

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Serena won the first set 6-3

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:50 PM
On BBC Live Text:

Is that you, Ach?

Nope.

Probably embarassing for tennis players to know that the best sportsman at Wimbledon today isnt even a Tennis player

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Two break points for Federer.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Fed breaks, 5-2. And to serve for the second set.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Federer takes the second set 6-2.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Tsonga won 6-3 in the first set

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Airshot from Federer.

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Break point for Federer.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Nalbandian does hold though. 2-1 he leads, Fed to serve.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Tsonga takes the second set 6-4 against Gonzalez.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Adv. Federer. After a double fault.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Federer breaks and will serve for the match.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Serena wins 6-3 6-2

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Match point for Federer.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Fucking hell Fed. :haha:

Deuce.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:34 PM