PDA

View Full Version : Will Cesc be booed on Sunday?

BOBN
01-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Because he better be.

I reckon hes expecting the Lampard treatment, think he fancies himself as a bit of a club legend :haha:

Most unsuccessful Arsenal captain of all time and refused to play/forced his way out in his final season.

The away boys dont seem as sentimentally lily-livered as the average Arsenal fan. I'm confident they'll do the job.

Marc Overmars
01-10-2014, 08:52 AM
I suspect he will get booed but I'll be surprised if its on the same level as Cole, RVC, Adebayor and Nasri.

Niall_Quinn
01-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Well he's a mercenary chav cunt, so he gets booed by default surely?

Injury Time
01-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Only when he kisses the chav badge after scoring his third of the eight they've put in...

Letters
01-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Only when he kisses the chav badge after scoring his third of the eight they've put in...

I think most of the away fans will have left before then.

Dein-machine
01-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Booed for what? - wanting to play for a manager/club with ambition. Cesc & RVP were all part of a team let down by the manager & the board when the Emirates move was supposed to result in better quality players to improve the squad. This didn't happen & I don't blame either of them at all for the decision they made. If we endure another transfer window where we fail to address the glaring weaknesses in the team, when we know the money is there, would we blame Ozil or Sanchez for wanting to leave?

Fist of Lehmann
01-10-2014, 11:17 AM

He'd make a show of refusing to celebrate I think.

Dip of the head, thousand yard stare, trot back to the centre circle.

Syn
01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been booed if he stayed at Barcelona and we played them. So then it would be absolutely stupid to boo him just because we didn't want to buy him, and I don't think our fans will.

AFC Leveller
01-10-2014, 12:45 PM
He doesnt deserve the kinda of treatment Cashly and RVP/Ade/Nasri got but at the same time he wont get clapped on/off like Thierry or Pires when they came back to the Emirates.

For me, he would have come here if Wenger wanted him and je only ended up at Chelsea because they were the only club seriously in for him.

I am invisible
01-10-2014, 12:49 PM
He shall be taunted and booed until my throat is sore, but that goes for anyone wearing that shitbag C-----a shirt. I'm not prejudiced.

I am invisible
01-10-2014, 12:51 PM
In all seriousness, I reckon the most hurtful reaction to Cesc would be no reaction at all - no cheering, no booing... he's just some bloke who elicits no strong feelings one way or the other...

Xhaka Can’t
01-10-2014, 12:58 PM
I agree

It'll never happen.

fakeyank
01-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Boo him for what? Not wanting to sit on the bench for Barca because we wouldnt come in for him? If anything, boo Wenger for letting him go away.

PGFC
01-10-2014, 03:24 PM
He shall be taunted and booed until my throat is sore, but that goes for anyone wearing that shitbag C-----a shirt. I'm not prejudiced.

:good:

Xhaka Can’t
01-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Fuck it. I'll boo him tonight because I haven't got a ticket for the massacre on Sunday.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I'll be saying boourns on Sunday.

Bumble
01-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Yes. He plays for Chelsea, all there players should be booed. The are a disgusting club with cretinous fans and their manager displays everything that is horrible about football.

Letters
01-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Booed for what? - wanting to play for a manager/club with ambition.
Ambition :lol:

Letters
01-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Not wanting to sit on the bench for Barca because we wouldnt come in for him?
Yes. Why would he want to be a bench warmer for them?

:ollie:

Letters
:ollie:
:lol:

:getcoat:

GP
I'd boo the everloving shit out of him, the greasy jumped up prick.

Master Splinter
01-10-2014, 09:32 PM
I hope Wenger doesn't coach the booing out of the fans.

Letters
01-10-2014, 09:33 PM
:haha:

If he had his way the whole middle section of the stadium would be empty and people would only sit at either side.

Penguin
01-10-2014, 09:47 PM
He'll be booed, there's no doubt about that. Whether he deserves it or not, nobody likes seeing their former players playing for a rival. Especially not for a horrible club like Chelsea and for a despicable cunt like Mourinho.

RomfordPele
01-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Bit unfair to boo him. He pretty much begged to come back here but we inexplicably didn't want him. If anyone should be booed, it should be wenger for not re-signing him. The same wenger now moaning about how short he is of midfield options because of injuries.

But fans are illogical, so yeah of course hel'll get the treatment on Sunday. And it'll probably inspire him to produce a match-winning performance against us.

Marc Overmars
01-10-2014, 10:02 PM
But fans are illogical, so yeah of course hel'll get the treatment on Sunday. And it'll probably inspire him to produce a match-winning performance against us.

Put your house on it.

BOBN
03-10-2014, 12:29 PM
The "free Cesc - Chelsea prisoner" brigade :pal:

“I didn’t speak to him directly. I was informed that he might go to Chelsea, but when I was informed I thought the deal was already done.

“My instinct tells me the deal was done. I also tell you why it was not a subject for us. We were in search of more up front and more defensive opportunities than creative midfielders. We have many."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11138143/Chelsea-vs-Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-feels-no-animosity-to-Cesc-Fabregas.html

He goes where the going is good. Lets be real hes been a disloyal cant since he abandoned Barca in 03.

Power n Glory
03-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Bit unfair to boo him. He pretty much begged to come back here but we inexplicably didn't want him. If anyone should be booed, it should be wenger for not re-signing him. The same wenger now moaning about how short he is of midfield options because of injuries.

It's probably best we didn't sign him. We'd starting with Ozil and Cesc on the wing otherwise. He shouldn't be booed if we chose not to resign him.

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Not sure what the issue is here. The cunt plays for the chavs - what more do people need to boo him? Of course he gets booed, like the rest of those chav cunts and the filth that manages them and the gangster that bankrolls them. Horrible fucking team full of horrible fucking wankers.

Power n Glory
03-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Any one remember if Petit was booed when playing for Chelsea?

Marc Overmars
03-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Not sure I'd boo him personally, although maybe if I were at the game I would join in for the sake of it.

Everyone has their own opinion on the way he left but I think he just ran his course here. We were going nowhere and he wanted to join the best team on the planet, hardly the biggest cause for resentment given he's not an Arsenal man. We all knew he was likely to join Barcelona at some point.

He's barely a footnote in Arsenal's history and should be treated with complete indifference.

AFC Leveller
03-10-2014, 02:05 PM
modern day footballers only care about themselves, they kiss the badge today and play for a rival next year. did anyone honestly expect cesc to reject chelsea and stay on the bench? plus its not like he left us to join them directly, he went to his boyhood club and won tites there and as soon as they wanted to sell him, his first choice was arsenal

just look at lumpard for example, he is chelsea's top all time top scorer and is a legend for them but who does he play for now? their closest rivals today and he actually scored against them and those dropped points might come back to haunt them. he is 36 and nearing the end of his career so could have chosen a team that wasnt owned by city but he knew full well what he got into and didnt think twice about playing against his club and scoring.

bottom line is footballers dont love theor clubs like us fans do.

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2014, 03:55 PM
I forgot to boo him on Wednesday

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Don't boo Cesc, boo Wenger for not signing him

Then playing Ozil on the left :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I forgot to boo him as well on Wednesday.

Injury Time
03-10-2014, 06:01 PM
I forgot to boo him as well on Wednesday.

Call yourself a fan :sulk:

Me for staying home with a headache :pal:

mr_brighterside
03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
why boo him? certainly not for joining chelski. Maybe for leaving but then would we boo Vieira for his annual flirt with real madrid?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-10-2014, 09:38 PM
This whole booing is a murky business....

I agree with leveller that footballers defintely don't love clubs like the fans....but then why should they. I'm pretty sure that if most fans were pro's they would see the love/affection differently...for the most part. Human beings are prone to having their views moulded by circumstances and situations directly experienced be it fan or pro. They are only doing what most would do in their position so I am often uncomfortable in drawing the battles lines between players and fans as readily as some are

I don't take much issue with anyone who wants to boo him, but I won't be myself and I tend to think back on Cesc fondly. I think whilst he clearly got out the club as he was always destined to and is now a rival, he always speaks with respect and great poise when talking about us. I think he is quite socially aware in that sense.

I wish no goodwill on any Chelsea player but I can be seldom bothered to boo each and every one of their players with each touch be it on tv or on the odd occasion I can afford to get down there. Even Didier dogbreath I absolutely loathed but could seldom be arsed to actually boo. I just swore at him blindly every time he hit the turf. They amount to the same thing in truth (I will stop the pedantry now) but I can't see myself doing the alike to Cesc either. Booing is quite a concerted show of disdain for somebody and I just don't really feel that way about him. I do also think it is ironic that in return Wenger will not be booed in equal measure for allowing such an abhorrent eventuality to become a reality having inserted the bleeding clause of first option to buy himself.....only to then look down his nose at it all sniffy.

Also this is the time he chooses to point out how stocked we are in the creative central positions......really Professor? Really? Kept that one quiet when we signed Ozil and numerous creative midgets hey!

I also can't quite be indifferent or completely of the school of stoics about seeing him play against us. For one thing, seeing him next to EBJT on a football field in the same shirt is weird enough, without the pair of them arguing and getting along. Then there's the fact he was once our best player and most definitely one of the best/most talented players to play for the club and he is still the very best 16 year old I have ever seen play the game.

Moanyhinho has assembled the pieces of the puzzle he cried about not having last season so it's difficult to see how we won't come away dissatisfied and bitter on Sunday and any optimism out there seems to simply stem from the law of averages simply and blindly falling in our favour or being the exception that proves the rule in some nebulous way.

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2014, 11:31 PM
So the tldr version is, you aren't booing him and you think we'll get tonked. :good:

Power n Glory
04-10-2014, 10:21 AM
This whole booing is a murky business....

I agree with leveller that footballers defintely don't love clubs like the fans....but then why should they. I'm pretty sure that if most fans were pro's they would see the love/affection differently...for the most part. Human beings are prone to having their views moulded by circumstances and situations directly experienced be it fan or pro. They are only doing what most would do in their position so I am often uncomfortable in drawing the battles lines between players and fans as readily as some are

I don't take much issue with anyone who wants to boo him, but I won't be myself and I tend to think back on Cesc fondly. I think whilst he clearly got out the club as he was always destined to and is now a rival, he always speaks with respect and great poise when talking about us. I think he is quite socially aware in that sense.

I wish no goodwill on any Chelsea player but I can be seldom bothered to boo each and every one of their players with each touch be it on tv or on the odd occasion I can afford to get down there. Even Didier dogbreath I absolutely loathed but could seldom be arsed to actually boo. I just swore at him blindly every time he hit the turf. They amount to the same thing in truth (I will stop the pedantry now) but I can't see myself doing the alike to Cesc either. Booing is quite a concerted show of disdain for somebody and I just don't really feel that way about him. I do also think it is ironic that in return Wenger will not be booed in equal measure for allowing such an abhorrent eventuality to become a reality having inserted the bleeding clause of first option to buy himself.....only to then look down his nose at it all sniffy.

Also this is the time he chooses to point out how stocked we are in the creative central positions......really Professor? Really? Kept that one quiet when we signed Ozil and numerous creative midgets hey!

I also can't quite be indifferent or completely of the school of stoics about seeing him play against us. For one thing, seeing him next to EBJT on a football field in the same shirt is weird enough, without the pair of them arguing and getting along. Then there's the fact he was once our best player and most definitely one of the best/most talented players to play for the club and he is still the very best 16 year old I have ever seen play the game.

Moanyhinho has assembled the pieces of the puzzle he cried about not having last season so it's difficult to see how we won't come away dissatisfied and bitter on Sunday and any optimism out there seems to simply stem from the law of averages simply and blindly falling in our favour or being the exception that proves the rule in some nebulous way.

:gp:

The fan/player relatiosnhip is fickle on both ends. We only 'love' the players when they're good and playing well for us. Players like Diaby are on the other end of the spectrum.

mastermind84
06-10-2014, 01:51 AM

only idiots think that cunt wanted to come back. He just played you all like has played you all for the last 4 or 5 years. And you all keep falling for it.

IBK
06-10-2014, 06:49 AM
only idiots think that cunt wanted to come back. He just played you all like has played you all for the last 4 or 5 years. And you all keep falling for it.

This. One of our club's specialities under Wenger is that our best players leave and are total cunts. Adebayor, RVC, Nasri, Fabregas - hell, even Vieira! Wenger has a knack of it, seemingly.