PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction - Galatasaray

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Hopefully that's the beginning of the end for Chesney. Ospina will get a run of games and take over from that calamity.

Sanchez is head and shoulders above the rest of our players in terms of ability. What a class act.

Welbeck brilliant. How is he so fast for someone so tonk.

Good little morale boost ahead of a thrashing on Sunday.

Marc Overmars
01-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Fast, purposeful and clinical. Ox, Welbz and Alexis worked really well together, I don't know how much of that was the wank defenders they were up against but it was good to see none the less. Can Welbeck finish? Yes he fucking can.

Also good to see Cazorla in a more natural position, he was excellent but of course we know Wenget will play Ramsey/Wheelchair once they're fully fit, meaning Santi is shoved out wide.

Chesney is a moron.

LDG
01-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Was good.

Wish it would be that easy against Chavs on Sunday.

Welbz :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Welbz. :bow:

Definitely tonk.

Maestro
01-10-2014, 09:01 PM
:d

:yippee: :yikes: :partytime:

Welbeck - smile Danny, smile,great night for the lad and some cool finishing. pace to burn, keep working on your ball control and you're a good bet to take giroud's place.
Sanchez - it was a true celebration of football every time he touched the ball, period.
ozil - some eye-popping incisive passing and what an assist, revelled in his preferred role. maestro like.
ox - son of tyson, it was party time for sure. ripped into their back line with pace and menace, spiced with direct intent. a threat throughout and great assist.

okay it was only gala, but i quite enjoyed the game tonight. a glimpse of what the team is capable of when Wumget takes his meds.

Bumble
01-10-2014, 09:02 PM
i did say welbz will score 20+ goals for us this season and that would be a good tally. Gala were rubbish, Chesney was very unnecessary maybe he was bored and wanted something to tweet about. a good win and I think welbz could easily cause trouble for the Chelsea back line just cant see how we are going to keep a clean sheet.

Xhaka Can’t
01-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Van Moyes is a genius

Marc Overmars
01-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Van Moyes is a genius

Falcao. :haha:

Master Splinter
01-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

But we conspire to avoid giving a team a proper beating again. Hopefully we do it on Sunday. Even with 10 men it should have been 6-1.

Welbz :bow:. Great all-round game from him. What a man. What a smile.

Sanchez :bow:. He's just fucking brilliant tbf.

Ox :bow:. It finally all came together for him today. Hope he's not unceremoniously dropped at the weekend just as he's showing some form..

That ref was woeful though. An absolute clown. And Melo is filth.

Maestro
01-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Falcoa. :haha:

the genius

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Lovely jubbly! Wilshere looked lively when he came on too!

Beskitas were much better. My Gala supporting mate would never forgive me if he could see this, but it's true.

Munchies
01-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Falcao. :haha:

who's this Falcoa?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-10-2014, 11:22 PM
When I was at the Emirates on Saturday I was prevented from bringing in a can of coke, and yet seemingly stewards turn a blind eye to flares. You have to wonder what the priorities are.
I hope they get fined, the away fans prevented from travelling and the home matches played behind closed doors.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Merson summed Woj up well. He gets to 60-70 minutes then probably thinks 'fuck I haven't had much to do here, I need to do something of note in the game to stand out and make people think I've had a good game'. In the act of wanting to impress he does something stupid.

Munchies
02-10-2014, 12:39 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/GlossyGaseousAcouchi.gif

I am invisible
02-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Let me guess - we went back to 4231 for this one?

Gooner23
02-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Cazorla played a bit deeper than usual, with Flamini holding and Ozil in the free role. The front 3 of Ox, Alexis and Welbeck did the damage though, they were electric.

AFC Leveller
02-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Great performance from Welbz, took his goals really well and showed what he is about. Sanchesz and the Ox were very good down the flanks and their pace and trickery was too much for Gala.

I dont think the midfield 3 of Caz, Flamini and Ozil would be good enough against Chelsea though so i expect Jack to come back in for Cazorla.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Cazorla is brilliant in that deeper role. He is excellent with both feet and never loses the ball. Exactly the type of player you want in tight spaces.

Power n Glory
02-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Let me guess - we went back to 4231 for this one?

I think the formation is dictated by the personnel. We only tend to play this 4-1-4-1 formation when we have Ramsey and Wilshere playing together because they’re both central midfield players and work their way in from deeper positions.

I am invisible
02-10-2014, 10:04 AM
I think the formation is dictated by the personnel. We only tend to play this 4-1-4-1 formation when we have Ramsey and Wilshere playing together because they’re both central midfield players and work their way in from deeper positions.

It's only really dictated by Ramsey and Wilshere, if you ask me? I really don't think the other players are given a whole lot of consideration when we run with that formation.

And, to be honest, I'm not even sure it suits Ramsey and Wilshere that well either? Both look more effective when they start deeper, and I suspect this is a large part of the reason why Ramsey's performances have looked a little disjointed this year (the timings of his runs are now messed up because he's starting too far forward and arriving too early), and why Wilshere seems to turn in much better performances whenever Ramsey is out (because we then go back to 4231, and drop him deeper)...

AFC Leveller
02-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Ozil takes 0 shots per game these days, i dont know why because his technique is very good. I wish he'd shoot from time to time because teams know he wont and tend to stand off him knowing he'll pass to a team mate.

Power n Glory
02-10-2014, 10:16 AM
It's only really dictated by Ramsey and Wilshere, if you ask me? I really don't think the other players are given a whole lot of consideration when we run with that formation.

And, to be honest, I'm not even sure it suits Ramsey and Wilshere that well either? Both look more effective when they start deeper, and I suspect this is a large part of the reason why Ramsey's performances have looked a little disjointed this year (the timings of his runs are now messed up because he's starting too far forward and arriving too early), and why Wilshere seems to turn in much better performances whenever Ramsey is out (because we then go back to 4231, and drop him deeper)...

Yes, it’s like Lampard and Gerrard again. I don’t know why the pair can’t just sort it out between themselves. They’ve had plenty of games together now. Jack should probably being playing more like an attacking midfielder and more in the final third but they both seem to occupy each other’s space.

Özim
02-10-2014, 10:25 AM
It's a good win, but let's be honest we never really struggle against teams of this level, it always the better teams we seem to have no answers to.

Nice to see Wellbeck getting a hattrick though, hopefully it's the beginning of something good for him.

Letters
02-10-2014, 11:20 AM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121215223327/simpsons/images/1/11/Tumblr_mcu2n9is8I1qzycpbo1_500.png

adzzzbatch
02-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Arsenal to be fined as well as galatasary because of the flares :lol: :doh:

I am invisible
02-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Yes, it’s like Lampard and Gerrard again. I don’t know why the pair can’t just sort it out between themselves. They’ve had plenty of games together now. Jack should probably being playing more like an attacking midfielder and more in the final third but they both seem to occupy each other’s space.

I don't know why we can't just rotate them in the same role? It's a squad game now, and it's not like both players wouldn't benefit from regular rest, given their injury woes over recent years. When you add up all domestic, european and international games across a playing year, then I'm sure there's more than enough games to keep everyone happy (especially when they'll most likely still be on the bench and coming on as subs, even on their rest weeks).

Ditto for Ozil and Cazorla - if they both like playing the same role, then rotate them! Our other attacking options are now strong enough to handle it...

Power n Glory
02-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Arsenal to be fined as well as galatasary because of the flares :lol: :doh:

Aren't flares banned in the UK? How did they get past our security?

AFC Leveller
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
A midfield of DCM + Jack and Ozil with 2 wingers looks more ballanced than one with DCM, Jack AND Rambo with ozil wide and makes our play more fluid.

Letters
02-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Aren't flares banned in the UK? How did they get past our security?

Have you been to The Emirates? If you're holding a bottle they're all over you. They don't bother looking in anyone's bags though or at best it's a cursory glance.
It's easy to smuggle things into the ground.

Globalgunner
02-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Have you been to The Emirates? If you're holding a bottle they're all over you. They don't bother looking in anyone's bags though or at best it's a cursory glance.
You could also pretend the flare is your 3rd leg. Or in Letters case his 3rd and 4th

Power n Glory
02-10-2014, 12:11 PM

I remember my bag being checked once but there have been other occasions where they haven't. It's crazy to make a fuss about bottles but not to bother with peoples bags. That's probably why they've fined us as well. Not sure how security works at other grounds.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Unless they are going to start groping people and asking everyone to turn up 8 hours early there's no way to stop stuff being smuggled into grounds, especially as the Galatasaray "fans" are such huge arseholes in which it's easy to hide stuff.

When are the Turks going to be banned from Europe though - for sports and geographically?

Letters
02-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I remember my bag being checked once but there have been other occasions where they haven't. It's crazy to make a fuss about bottles but not to bother with peoples bags. That's probably why they've fined us as well. Not sure how security works at other grounds.

It's probably the same. With 60,000 people it's very hard to do comprehensive security checks.

Power n Glory
02-10-2014, 01:01 PM
It's probably the same. With 60,000 people it's very hard to do comprehensive security checks.

Indeed. But I'm sure they'd find a way if some crazy shit went down. I'm sure they did some sort of search when I went to the Wireless Festival.

Either way, UEFA should be coming down hard on the fans and clubs that can't behave themselves .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Have you been to The Emirates?

:lol: Thinking people on here go to the Emirates.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-10-2014, 01:05 PM
I remember my bag being checked once but there have been other occasions where they haven't.

Yeah the rules have changed since 2001.

Power n Glory
02-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeah the rules have changed since 2001.

They probably should if UEFA are going to fine us for what away fans do.

Injury Time
02-10-2014, 03:35 PM

Hence your dad smuggling you in all those years :cloud9:

Letters
02-10-2014, 03:40 PM
There are advantages to being this short :cool:

LDG
02-10-2014, 03:55 PM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121215223327/simpsons/images/1/11/Tumblr_mcu2n9is8I1qzycpbo1_500.png

:haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
lol why the fuck are we being charged for the Gala fans acting like humongous cretins?

UEFA :doh:

Gooner23
02-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Because UEFA are humongous cretins as well.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-10-2014, 08:16 PM
It's a good win, but let's be honest we never really struggle against teams of this level, it always the better teams we seem to have no answers to.

Nice to see Wellbeck getting a hattrick though, hopefully it's the beginning of something good for him.

Were you on holiday to Jupiter when we played Besiktas?

Ralpheroo72
02-10-2014, 09:42 PM
lol why the fuck are we being charged for the Gala fans acting like humongous cretins?

Because Platini needs a new watch

Bumble
03-10-2014, 07:23 AM

the rules are it is the home teams responsibility to check all fans on entering the ground. so I suppose technically it is our fault for not doing the job properly.

Letters
03-10-2014, 07:50 AM
It kinda makes sense but unless you have airport style security and everyone has to get there an hour or two before the game starts then there's no way to stop this sort of thing.

Power n Glory
03-10-2014, 08:16 AM
I think they’d find a way if flares were thrown at fans and people hurt.

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2014, 09:43 AM
There are advantages to being this short :cool:
Yeah that.

And that you can fit into your orange Arsenal shirt.

Gooner23
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Anyone listen to Arsecast this morning, football through the eyes of Tony Gale. Quite funny.

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Anyone listen to Arsecast this morning, football through the eyes of Tony Gale. Quite funny.

That sounds painful. Was it an hour dedicated to slagging Ozil?

Letters
03-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Yeah that.

And that you can fit into your orange Arsenal shirt.

Not any more :(
It had 'Fabregas' on the back...

Munchies
03-10-2014, 10:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzAlpikIAAAWJI0.jpg

Fucking idiots :doh:

1_nilto the arsenal
03-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Danny fits in just perfectly in our style of play. I think he could score the match winner on Sunday before he heads off to Ingerland. Brilliant clinical finishing, havent see that kind of goals since Henry. What a shrewd purchase, I have a bet with all my Man Ure mates that Wellbz will outscore Falcao in the EPL. He is in the mood and loved by his manager, playing in his favourite position and with a major point to prove. This could be the signing of the decade.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Danny fits in just perfectly in our style of play. I think he could score the match winner on Sunday before he heads off to Ingerland. Brilliant clinical finishing, havent see that kind of goals since Henry. What a shrewd purchase, I have a bet with all my Man Ure mates that Wellbz will outscore Falcao in the EPL. He is in the mood and loved by his manager, playing in his favourite position and with a major point to prove. This could be the signing of the decade.

Erm RVP?

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Erm RVP?

He meant Brilliant clinical finishing, haven't seen that kind of goals from a non-cunt since Henry

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Not any more :(
It had 'Fabregas' on the back...
:haha:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-10-2014, 08:07 PM

I do think some are getting a little carried away in the aftermath of the game.....and I say that as somebody who liked him long before we signed him. Scoring in Henry's style is nothing like being close to the actual level of the player.

He will have to reach some lofty heights to be the signing of the decade.

If he outscores Falcao it will probably be because Falcao won't play anywhere near as much and as of yet he is nowhere near Falcao's level and if he ever gets even close to that level we can be satisfied.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-10-2014, 08:15 PM
I know he is short (this is not a letters joke before you start thinking it....) and he has been out a long time, but I should point out that Theo has often finished in a similar fashion to Henry.... Not trying to take anything away from Welbeck, anyone who shows anything like Henry's finesse, all power to him.....but Theo has done it all too. He just did it without the tour de force touch before the finish....

Tim Stillman made an interesting point with Welbeck on the Arseblog in that he reduces the reliance on a Giroud-Theo alliance as he has close to the ability of Giroud's hold up play, whilst he also has the something of the speed of Theo and even the ability to execute a smart finish when he wants to.

BOBN
04-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Listened. He gets stick for being an unfunny but hes fine by me.

These Irish have a nack for it. My favourite football podcast is one called "Second Captain". A professional one by some Paddies.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2014, 01:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzAlpikIAAAWJI0.jpg

Fucking idiots :doh:

CSKA Moscow forced to play Manchester City behind closed doors following racist behaviour of fans
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/11139523/CSKA-Moscow-forced-to-play-Manchester-City-behind-closed-doors-following-racist-behaviour-of-fans.html

Let's keep an eye on this one. Moscow get ban because their fans shouted shit, what do Galatasaray get for throwing flares onto the pitch and smashing up the place? Be interesting to see. Words or actions - which does Uefa find more offensive?

Marc Overmars
04-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Went on a tour of the Emirates today and the Turks proper smashed their corner up. Looks like a right dump.

Fuckers.

adzzzbatch
04-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Went on a tour of the Emirates today and the Turks proper smashed their corner up. Looks like a right dump.

Fuckers.

Koolies (the tour not the damage) Legend or just a regular one?

Xhaka Can’t
04-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Let's keep an eye on this one. Moscow get ban because their fans shouted shit, what do Galatasaray get for throwing flares onto the pitch and smashing up the place? Be interesting to see. Words or actions - which does Uefa find more offensive?
Well seeing as it was our ground where rhe destruction took place, the only rational decision would be for us to play our next home match behind closed doors.