18-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Leave our club Wenger.. please!

McNamara That Ghost...
18-10-2014, 04:03 PM
On it goes.

Two wins in the league. Bloody hell. :lol:

Power n Glory
18-10-2014, 04:06 PM
wow. Only 2 wins? Didn't realise it was that bad.

Could have been worse. We could have lost to Hull at home. But it's still not good enough.

Darknight02
18-10-2014, 04:07 PM
This club is finished as long as Wenger remains in charge.

He will stay for three more years unless we miss out on CL places and he will leave with all the fans hating him.

Much as I hate to say it, with his 8 million pay check he'll leave as a mercenary.

If only he had a decent amount of pride to apologise and leave. Rapidly losing my love for football watching the same old mistakes year after year and the same pathetic failure to properly develop the team and re same soporific performances

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Only entertainment was the novel ways Hull devised to waste time. Otherwise - S H I T

Shit everything by the manager. Very careless from the players. Always worrying going into these games as our lethargic and stupidly over-complicated style of play is very much a confidence booster for supposed underdogs.

Campbell looked okay when he came on. His play is refreshingly direct suggesting he's a bit slow in the head on the training pitch. He'll learn and soon he'll be as impotent as the rest.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Wenger :haha: :haha: :haha:

Marc Overmars
18-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Just...poor.

Nothing new, same shit, different toilet.

adzzzbatch
18-10-2014, 04:11 PM
That was absolutely appalling! I never think we can get any shitter but Arsenal prove me wrong every time.

Darknight02
18-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Does anyone on here believe we will ever challenge for the title with Wenger in charge of this team?

Master Splinter
18-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Good start for once. But then they equalised and we responded with poor control, passes into empty space, one-twos with no-one and no shots on goal.

Still had enough chances to win at the end, but we shouldn't be leaving it until that late.

We're just an incohesive mess at the moment. Even the players who play well spend 75% of the game making poor decisions and failing with the basics. We seem to have lost the ability to execute the fundamentals of the game. An expensive pub team.

Sanchez the bright spark. Full-backs OK.

Oxlade just abysmal. It's hard to make a case for him to be a regular when he's played that carelessly for most of the season.

Ref MOTM.

Coyle in.

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2014, 04:14 PM
You have to wonder what Wenger sees in these performances week after week to make him stick with his game plan. In his own way he's become as big an enemy of football as Maureen, sucking the joy out of every aspect of the game and replacing it with mind numbing tedium. You could put Ronaldo and Messi in that system and they'd fare no better. It's only when the individual brilliance of a player escapes the suffocation of Wenger that we ever look like scoring. Otherwise we could play for years without getting a goal.

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Does anyone on here believe we will ever challenge for the title with Wenger in charge of this team?

Ollie would have, before his breakdown.

topgun
18-10-2014, 04:16 PM

No chance,the game has moved on ,if the guy really cares he will move aside asap

topgun
18-10-2014, 04:21 PM
You have to wonder what Wenger sees in these performances week after week to make him stick with his game plan. In his own way he's become as big an enemy of football as Maureen, sucking the joy out of every aspect of the game and replacing it with mind numbing tedium. You could put Ronaldo and Messi in that system and they'd fare no better. It's only when the individual brilliance of a player escapes the suffocation of Wenger that we ever look like scoring. Otherwise we could play for years without getting a goal.

My thoughts exactly.:banghead:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 04:22 PM
The board are responsible for this, Chips Keswicks statement tells you everything you need to know about the club. How can one man be solely responsible for every aspect of the club in a footballing sense, even beetroot cheeks had some checks and balances.

It's appalling because it emphasises we have a board that doesn't give a fuck about the club or its supporters, for better or worse you backed Wenger by giving him a three year contract, don't just whistle and turn the other way when he doesn't have a plan how is that giving him backing?

Wenger has had it in terms of ideas, tactics, transfer policy everything but he's left to get on with this self destructive behaviour whilst his kingdom crumbles.

If you truly believe this guy is the man for the job than take him hand and stop him twisting in the wind.

Power n Glory
18-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Good start for once. But then they equalised and we responded with poor control, passes into empty space, one-twos with no-one and no shots on goal.

Still had enough chances to win at the end, but we shouldn't be leaving it until that late.

We're just an incohesive mess at the moment. Even the players who play well spend 75% of the game making poor decisions and failing with the basics. We seem to have lost the ability to execute the fundamentals of the game. An expensive pub team.

Sanchez the bright spark. Full-backs OK.

Oxlade just abysmal. It's hard to make a case for him to be a regular when he's played that carelessly for most of the season.

Ref MOTM.

Coyle in.

Absolute chaos on the pitch. We have no structure. When failing to do the basics, like passing the ball, we can't pull off the this Total Football shit. Players taking turns to drop deep, move infield, play out wide....we need to cut that crap out when when we're struggling like that. Get the basics down first before trying the complex.

Munchies
18-10-2014, 04:26 PM
#WengerOut

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 04:27 PM

Well we need to adopt the system we do in order to suit the players we have...well actually to build a team around the player we had who left us three years ago and scored at Selhurst Park. We might as well have bought him because we seem to be holding a permanent candle to the diminutive little fuck. Wenger didnt want to re sign him because he hasn't actually fully come to terms with the fact that he's left, you can hear him calling out to him in the corridors of the Emirates at times.

Penguin
18-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I used to get angry, upset and surprised by that kind of performance, but it happens so often that I'm going numb to it. I'm not letting Wenger ruin my day. Fuck it, I'm shutting myself off from football until Wednesday. :coffee:

fakeyank
18-10-2014, 04:29 PM

There are some.. shocking, I know!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 04:31 PM
There are some.. shocking, I know!

Yay straw man arguments!!!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 04:42 PM
And the greatest manager in the world ever has lost his fifth match in seven games

fakeyank
18-10-2014, 05:03 PM
And the greatest manager in the world ever has lost his fifth match in seven games

Chelsea lost?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Chelsea lost?

Hmmm don't know how to respond to that, but by all means if you pine for Mr Mourinho to be our manager that's your affair, personally I think some things have too high a price.

fakeyank
18-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Never said he needs to be our manager. You just mentioned the best manager in the world.

I'd prefer almost any manager over who we have tbh.

LDG
18-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Stank to high heaven of everything I now despise about football and Arsenal.

Waste of money. Waste of time. Waste of talent.

Xhaka Can’t
18-10-2014, 05:31 PM
wow. Only 2 wins? Didn't realise it was that bad.

Could have been worse. We could have lost to Hull at home. But it's still not good enough.

I know I just said this on the match day thread but it probably needs to be worse.

I don't want it that way. But I don't want it this way either. In any event it is getting worse and we are soon to hand Man United the big confidence boost they need to kick on.

Injury Time
18-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Just back. The reading out of team and subs :ilt:, who is that Semi guy :unsure: ?Bright 15 minutes, score fall asleep. Hull put on reserve keeper before half time. Start second half get out passed by Hull, Gibbs standing off, BFG asleep/ expecting Shaznay to come off his line and contest it....almost 45 minutes after reserve keeper comes on we test him with a shot on target. Injury time we think oh guess we should perhaps you now attack the fucking goal.

Alexis carrying the team, if I was him I'd hand in a transfer request and get the fuck out of the crap he has landed in.

Ref, just wow, no authority on the game, kept stopping for all the fake injuries and allowing Hul to waste as much time as they liked with impunity-he can fuck off.

It's first time mate and I seriously discussed jacking in our season tickets, 3% more? I'm tempted to write and ask for a refund based on players turning up for max 20 mins a match, and ask for a they bother-to-play I'll bother-to-pay contract.

Eta Hector was alright for debut, I was more worried about BFG erratic behaviour tbh.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Never said he needs to be our manager. You just mentioned the best manager in the world.

I'd prefer almost any manager over who we have tbh.

That's why it's a good thing you have completely no say in the matter

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Mourinho isn't the best manager in the world in any event, you could probably put any half decent manager in at Stamford Bridge currently and they'd be doing exactly the same job.

Xhaka Can’t
18-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Mourinho isn't the best manager in the world in any event, you could probably put any half decent manager in at Stamford Bridge currently and they'd be doing exactly the same job.

Too bad they can't stick Wenger there.

adzzzbatch
18-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Post match comments:

on the match…
It was a disappointing afternoon because we got a point but we had 80 per cent possession. It is a very disappointing result. We were unlucky with the referee on the first goal but on the second goal we can only blame ourselves. We came out of the dressing room with a lack of focus and gave them the lead straight away. It was difficult. I cannot fault the effort or the heart that we had in the game. The defensive concentration was missing on the second goal and when you make it difficult at that level you cannot give the goals away like that.

on whether they did enough to win…
I think so.

on the dominant opening 20-minute spell…
If you watch the game again you will be surprised that we played better than the result indicates. Even in the last five minutes we had three clear-cut chances on goal. It’s difficult when we play against teams who are physically stronger and organised. It was 10 against 10 in one half and that’s always difficult. This was the kind of game where we couldn’t afford to concede another goal when we came out at 1-1. We know that - we have enough experience to know that and we cannot give a goal away like we did. They had two shots on goal in the whole game. At Chelsea we had three shots on goal in the whole game. We conceded two goals. It’s difficult to score three goals against any team in the world.

on whether another experienced defender would have made a difference…
Look at the two goals and tell me after.

on Jack Wilshere…
He’s well.

on whether he can play on Wednesday…
If he’s selected, yes.

on whether his team knows how he feels…
I think the performance was quite good but we put ourselves in trouble because we gave two goals away. We put our heart and effort in until the last second and I cannot fault the effort, the spirit and the work rate of the team. I’m quite respectful for that.

on what the result is down to…
The first goal is for the referee. The second one is for us and I said that.

on being 11 points behind Chelsea…
Of course [it’s a concern]. I cannot say it’s not a concern, it’s a big concern because the other teams have won their games and we haven’t. I cannot say it’s not a big concern.

Xhaka Can’t
18-10-2014, 05:57 PM
It’s difficult when we play against teams who are physically stronger and organised.

Organised?!?!?!

Hull are fucking cheats.

Injury Time
18-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Perry stick a fork in this guy please :pray:

Eta WUMger not this mysterious stranger above.

Marc Overmars
18-10-2014, 05:58 PM
It's fairly clear Wenger no longer has a grasp on what made him so successful and what it takes to be an effective team in this league. The signing of Alexis has proven beyond all doubt star players will not fix anything, that guy is a fucking worldie but as a team we're actually somehow worse than last year despite his impressive contributions. We have a good squad with some potentially explosive players, but none of that will come to fruition without a manager who has a clear and effective plan and the nous to actually implement it and work to the strengths of what he's got.

Wenger has had years to get it right, years. More than most top managers are afforded but we're no better now than we were when the first doubts about him arose. Yes he steadied the ship when the waters were choppy after the Emirates move, and for that he deserves credit, but It's obvious we won't finish higher than 4th again and there's every chance we may miss out altogether given United are back in the mix.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 06:02 PM

The Arsenal Board would never let him go, he's worth his weight in gold to them because he will get the minimum required with the minimum expenditure allowing them the club to make obscene revenues which will be a veritable cash cow for the two main investors if they ever wanted to sell up. Second because of his almost senile bumbling in terms of match preparations and tactics he's a wonderful scapegoat for the clubs real problems.

Worth every penny of his salary.

IBK
18-10-2014, 06:10 PM

I tend to agree with that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Or could it be that there is no system at all and the problem is most of these players can't perform with individual brilliance because they are shit?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-10-2014, 06:17 PM
The thing that sums it up is that he rushed ramsey back and threw him in today because we needed him. The transfer window closed 2 fucking weeks ago and we're rushing ramsey back, which will only result in him getting injured AGAIN. Going round in fucking circles.

Letters
18-10-2014, 06:58 PM

Well, no. But I don't think anyone could have predicted we'd be quite this shit this season

:ilt:

selassie
18-10-2014, 07:17 PM
It's fairly clear Wenger no longer has a grasp on what made him so successful and what it takes to be an effective team in this league. The signing of Alexis has proven beyond all doubt star players will not fix anything, that guy is a fucking worldie but as a team we're actually somehow worse than last year despite his impressive contributions. We have a good squad with some potentially explosive players, but none of that will come to fruition without a manager who has a clear and effective plan and the nous to actually implement it and work to the strengths of what he's got.

Wenger has had years to get it right, years. More than most top managers are afforded but we're no better now than we were when the first doubts about him arose. Yes he steadied the ship when the waters were choppy after the Emirates move, and for that he deserves credit, but It's obvious we won't finish higher than 4th again and there's every chance we may miss out altogether given United are back in the mix.

:gp:

Agree with all of this. I have already written off this season 8 games in.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Last season was our chance to win the title but he blew it when he decided to bank the money in January and rely on Sanogo to lead the line when Giroud got tired.

Summer 2013 we bought Ozil, we got rid of the crap and we had a crop of young, exciting players. When Ozil came in it gave players like Ramsey belief. We were going into games looking like a tight knit, organised unit, controlling games and playing good football. As such, we went into the new year top. That January was our moment to strengthen and push on but Wenger decided to be a stubborn arsehole and go back to his old ways again. In the end, we had to field Sanogo, who isn't fit to lace boots for a championship team let alone lead the line for us.

For the first time in years we felt we had a real chance but that went down the drain. Now we've gone back 3 years and it's like we're back in the 2011-12 season where we'd look incredible one game, shite another.

Spent 128 days at the top and still finished 4th. That was the moment I realised we'd never win the league with Wenger again.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Didn't watch this......but the mood following it on Sky/Internet put me in such fu#king bad mood that I had to walk out the house and take the boy to the park.......felt mild relief to see Welbeck got us a draw but I can vividly imagine what we were like......(this is not going to be new) but how the fu#k can we consider ourselves challengers when we entertain the notion that we can get through games with patchwork starting 11s? Yes our injuries are at freak stage but (and may not have been that bad, as I didn't see the game) Nacho at CB?

I am ready to come out of January's transfer window with the attack as it is but if we don't buy another defender and DM we are just a joke.......no doubt Wenger will have his troops back by then and will have an excuse not to bring someone in but FFS get that guy from Crltic or Winston Reid and then spend the money on Sami!

This might sound like sour grapes and I was ready to go into this year believing Wenget but I am starting to think we missed the boat on Cesc.....we went further cheap option of staying with what we had but Cescs passing would have been a massive upgrade on what we have ATM he would help us unlock defences

Xhaka Can’t
18-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Last season was our chance to win the title but he blew it when he decided to bank the money in January and rely on Sanogo to lead the line when Giroud got tired.

Summer 2013 we bought Ozil, we got rid of the crap and we had a crop of young, exciting players. When Ozil came in it gave players like Ramsey belief. We were going into games looking like a tight knit, organised unit, controlling games and playing good football. As such, we went into the new year top. That January was our moment to strengthen and push on but Wenger decided to be a stubborn arsehole and go back to his old ways again. In the end, we had to field Sanogo, who isn't fit to lace boots for a championship team let alone lead the line for us.

For the first time in years we felt we had a real chance but that went down the drain. Now we've gone back 3 years and it's like we're back in the 2011-12 season where we'd look incredible one game, shite another.

Spent 128 days at the top and still finished 4th. That was the moment I realised we'd never win the league with Wenger again.

I seem to have missed the 'incredible' games.

Unless you mean incredibly as in incredibly shite. I've not missed any of those - but probably will if this keeps up.

There is only so much joyless dirge I can stomach.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-10-2014, 08:18 PM
AC Milan.

Munchies
18-10-2014, 09:30 PM
We won't even get 4th this season.

Shockingly bad form

Munchies
18-10-2014, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28IBdLJA3Ag

Oh dear.

Seriously. Wow.

He's breaking, at his remark to her :lol:

Munchies
18-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Shit the ending :haha:

He's done.

adzzzbatch
18-10-2014, 09:46 PM

Oh dear.

Seriously. Wow.

Would you kindly paraphrase? I can't bare watching him talk anymore.

Power n Glory
18-10-2014, 09:51 PM

Oh dear.

Seriously. Wow.

She has balls on her. :lol:

Grilled him a little when most wouldn't have so we get the same old answers. She won't be interviewing him again.

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2014, 09:52 PM
The interviewer was a very irritating cunt, that's for sure. But aside from that she (like all the other cunt interviewers) fails to ask any of the key questions.

1. Why so few triangles in midfield, are 36 really enough?

2. What would happen to the team if they only made 499 passes in a game?

3. What punishment would you impose on a player who opts to shoot when a colleague is available square?

4. Why haven't you bought more attacking midfielders, did you really thing 20 would be enough?

5. What else can you do to minimise Bould's impact on the training, or have you gone as far as you can go?

6. Have you had any luck getting the January transfer window banned and will you boycott it as usual this season?

Marc Overmars
18-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Wenget. :lol:

:rose:

Munchies
18-10-2014, 10:01 PM
JacquiOatley: most adversarial interview I've done with Mr Wenger. Direct questions but I felt fair.

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/523583985947930625

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Morgan urgently needs to die.

adzzzbatch
18-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Morgan urgently needs to die.

As equally as Wenger needs to fuck off.

Xhaka Can’t
18-10-2014, 10:21 PM
She ran rings round him.

Someone should send her to the next AGM.

It won't change anything but it will at least it'll make the fuckers running our club squirm for a couple of minutes.

Xhaka Can’t
18-10-2014, 10:28 PM
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s640x640/10290051_783623341697064_1175303025842584011_n.jpg ?oh=21d8888d87c7282bf880ba741e2286c1&oe=54EBEE82

adzzzbatch
18-10-2014, 10:30 PM
"you don't really listen well to me" :haha: :haha: :haha:

"you have to respect everybody's opinion" :haha: :haha: :haha:

He's done!

Xhaka Can’t
18-10-2014, 10:33 PM
In time his legacy will be appreciated, but why is he doing everything in his power to fuck it all up?

Please just fucking go!

Ralpheroo72
19-10-2014, 12:41 AM
That was shitter than the last dose of shit

Özil's Panoramic View
19-10-2014, 02:01 AM
Wenget. :haha:

He's done tbh.

That bird that ribbed him. :bow:

Afraid that's her last interview of Heinrich Himler.

Globalgunner
19-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Hubris, paranoia and delusion. Wenget exhibiting the classical symptoms of impending madness.

AFC Leveller
19-10-2014, 08:02 AM
He doesnt like people questioning him and you can tel he's not used to it. I thought she was decent with her questions and he looked like a broken man.

AFC Leveller
19-10-2014, 08:07 AM
I have to say though, Wenger is a genius. He buys 20 attacking players, goes into a season with 2 CBs and then looks bemused when we concede against pub teams and fail to score/create proper chances.

Whats the point in haivng all these attacking midgets non of them can score or stay fit?

alexander
19-10-2014, 08:23 AM
On Radio five live yesterday, they mentioned Pirlo. They were not talking about Arsenal, but his quote was roughly that if he was a club president he wouldnt just buy star attacking players. No team can win with just attacking players and it needs a solid base. A president that just buys attacking players is just buying the fans. Thats not exactly how he said it, but along those lines. Thats like us, what the hell were we doing going into this season with such a small defence and mostly shambolic? I cant believe we are only 8 games in, it seems this shit has been going on forever. 11 points behind chavs at this stage is a joke.
Oh, and whats with pundits and players from other teams still bigging us up? `when you come to arsenal they are one of the best possesion teams in europe` and `this is not the arsenal we are used too`. NO, this IS the Arsenal we are used too, it has been for the last 8-9 years. Forget all that stuff from the early 2000s, that dream is well over.

mr_brighterside
19-10-2014, 08:24 AM
he does give the impression he hasn't had any of his managers question him before by those responses to some very reasonable questions. it's human to be grumpy after drawing against dull but seriously deluded to deny responsibility or reject the notion of having to put anything right!

Munchies
19-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Diame dominated our midfield.

Easily an upgrade on Flamini/Arteta... but no ones available

Penguin
19-10-2014, 09:49 AM
I just saw that interview, I was expecting worse after reading the posts in this thread. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
19-10-2014, 09:55 AM
It was shockingly bad. He. was shown up in a post match interview by an interviewer asking relevant questions and following them up when he obfuscated or contradicted himself. Which he did throughout. That was a quality post match interview for the reporter and a train wreck of an interview for Wenger.

adzzzbatch
19-10-2014, 10:20 AM
WDDDWDLD

It's very hard to see where our next win is going to come from. You would think Sunderland after being thrashed yesterday but I don't see us getting anything more than a point if we continue to play the way we are. Even Burnley at home should be a banker for us but most would have thought that about Hull!

I'm not holding out much hope for Wednesday night either! :(

AFC Leveller
19-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Wenger is like a cancer right now, he IS the problem. the amount of freedom he gets and lack of critisim from the board is all getting outa hand now.

A few legitimate questions from the journo and he gets fidgety. He doesnt like being challenged or questioned.

Xhaka Can’t
19-10-2014, 10:47 AM
WDDDWDLD

It's very hard to see where our next win is going to come from. You would think Sunderland after being thrashed yesterday but I don't see us getting anything more than a point if we continue to play the way we are. Even Burnley at home should be a banker for us but most would have thought that about Hull!

I'm not holding out much hope for Wednesday night either! :(
Mate, there is genuinely no such thing as a banker for us any longer.

If anything, we've become the banker for some teams.

Munchies
19-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Cesc asked whether Chelsea could go unbeaten..

https://vine.co/v/ObbQgz7uiAd

Ffs Wenget :(

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-10-2014, 11:06 AM
I think many people are so fed up with Wenger (and with total justification) that they want to see everything he says and does in a negative light.

If you compare him to Ferguson and now Mourinho who perceives any tough question as a personal attack he's usually quite open in his responses, for whatever the rights and wrongs of what he's doing (mainly wrong at the moment) I think it would be hard to stomach armchair critics.

As far as the Jacqui Oatley interview she didnt ask anything unfair but you got a feeling she wasnt listening to the answers being given.

I think if you watch his interview with Skysports he is just as tetchy with them, it's because he was frustrated and fed up, admittedly at a situation largely of his own making but how many times especially this early in a season has he described a draw even at home as a "very, very disappointing result"

We are stuck with him until 2017 nothing will change this, so I just wish he would take this frustration and look at himself, if the defenders are having concentration lapses what are you going to do to address this?.

Xhaka Can’t
19-10-2014, 12:24 PM
She was obviously listening to his answers to the point she pulled him up on his contradictory statements on our 'defence'.

Ernesto
19-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Where does Gary Lineker get off defending Jacqui Oatley and then labelling Wenger as arrogant? This coming from the same man who mocked Wenger live on Match of the Day. Someone ought to remind him of that. The jug-eared tw@t.

Power n Glory
19-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Wenger was rude and I've never seen him be that blatant about it. I don't think anyone has before which is why the story is doing the rounds.

It's about time someone pulled him up on the nonsense so we're not getting the same 'lacked a bit of sharpness' responses.

Ernesto
19-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Cesc asked whether Chelsea could go unbeaten..

https://vine.co/v/ObbQgz7uiAd

Ffs Wenget :(

The more I hear about/from Fabregas, the more it infuriates me. He ain't our player any more and, to be fair, he was a major c*nt while he was with us anyway. He isn't our player and I couldn't care less for him. I, for one, am actually with Wenger in that we didn't need himin the summer. To use Wenger's words, it would've "killed" the likes of Ramsey, Ozil and Wilshere. And even if he had come back, would it have made a blind bit of difference to us? Honestly? His incisive passes wouldn't have gone through to Costa at Arsenal. We're blunt up front. Furthermore, we're going through a tough time at the moment. Fabregas is the first to go missing during a time like this.

I think, to give my opinion about the unbeaten season, Munchies, I can't see Chelsea going to Liverpool and getting anything. They could also come unstuck at somewhere like White Hart Lane where a typically game-raising performance by Spurs could catch Chelsea cold.

Xhaka Can’t
19-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Nothing up front? We have Welbeck up there who has pace and can finish.

Do we use his pace?

Fabregas would have a field day picking him out.

Ernesto
19-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Nothing up front? We have Welbeck up there who has pace and can finish.

Do we use his pace?

Fabregas would have a field day picking him out.

I was thinking Welbz is possibly the only one who could work with Fabregas, but I think the jury's out on him, too. Danny only tends to show up every other game, and I don't think that's due to limited supply.

I honestly rack my brains to think of any performance this season where Fabregas would have influenced the result to read differently. Knowing the way he used to be and the fact that his game hasn't changed so much, I believe we'd still be in the same mess. Only difference is, we'd have a sulky Catalan to contend with, too.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Half the the time you could shut your eyes, let it hit you somewhere and the ball would be in the back of the net Fabregas is that good.

More concerned where we are/are not going than where Chelsea are going though....

Wenger played his hand a couple seasons ago when he tried to sign a world class forward and a DM of which he still does not have. Of course there are going to be intermittent residual questions regarding at least one of those things, especially when his team are performing well below the level that they are capable of. Being in a situation where Monreal is even being considered as a CB never mind playing there is a situation he should be grilled about by somebody.

After all..... 'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'.....

topgun
19-10-2014, 01:49 PM
I find it really strange that people are just so accepting of the situation that Wenger is here until 2017, the guy is on 8 f-----g million a year, he should be put under pressure to get things right but this guy seems to get a free ride.Its not interviewers who are going to put pressure on him he will just brush that aside, its the fans voice that can't be ignored if it's loud enough.

Niall_Quinn
19-10-2014, 01:58 PM
People missing the point as always. There shouldn't even be a female football interviewer, she should be at home looking after kids or something. It's a fucking joke, this is football not knitting.

Power n Glory
19-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I was thinking Welbz is possibly the only one who could work with Fabregas, but I think the jury's out on him, too. Danny only tends to show up every other game, and I don't think that's due to limited supply.

I honestly rack my brains to think of any performance this season where Fabregas would have influenced the result to read differently. Knowing the way he used to be and the fact that his game hasn't changed so much, I believe we'd still be in the same mess. Only difference is, we'd have a sulky Catalan to contend with, too.

I disagree. Cesc made Adebayor look like a world class player. He'd work well with Welbeck and let's not forget Sanchez and Ox. We have pace in this squad but it's not utilised. All these playmakers but not one we can that can pick the killer pass.

Back in the day, players used to just trust Cesc to see the run they make and execute the perfect pass and he would. On a plate for you where you don't even need to break your stride. Think about that assist to Schurrle this season. Sanchez would eat up those chances all day.

gunnerrrrr
19-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I disagree. Cesc made Adebayor look like a world class player. He'd work well with Welbeck and let's not forget Sanchez and Ox. We have pace in this squad but it's not utilised. All these playmakers but not one we can that can pick the killer pass.

Back in the day, players used to just trust Cesc to see the run they make and execute the perfect pass and he would. On a plate for you where you don't even need to break your stride. Think about that assist to Schurrle this season. Sanchez would eat up those chances all day.

Cesc if fucking mustard...he is possession with purpose. Dont you guys recall, he was the first to get his head up and look for a pass. Its no coincidence he has so many assists.

Although i dont think it would have changed much. Wilshire is Wengers pet project this season, so Cesc would have been forced to play on the wing or in goal....who knows.

Wenger should just leave already.

AFC Leveller
19-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Give these players a go under a tactically astute manager and i guarantee they'd win more than they do now. The fact that we (fans) know what's gonna be served up each and every game, esp the big one, is what's most frsutrating. we know we wont get any exciting, high temppo football, we know we wont start on the front foot, we know the tactis and formations wont change and the inevitable will happen.

fakeyank
19-10-2014, 04:01 PM

:haha:

fakeyank
19-10-2014, 04:07 PM
The interviewer was a very irritating cunt, that's for sure. But aside from that she (like all the other cunt interviewers) fails to ask any of the key questions.

1. Why so few triangles in midfield, are 36 really enough?

2. What would happen to the team if they only made 499 passes in a game?

3. What punishment would you impose on a player who opts to shoot when a colleague is available square?

4. Why haven't you bought more attacking midfielders, did you really thing 20 would be enough?

5. What else can you do to minimise Bould's impact on the training, or have you gone as far as you can go?

6. Have you had any luck getting the January transfer window banned and will you boycott it as usual this season?

:haha:

That would be an awesome interview!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Interestingly Dortmund have 7 points from 8 and are 13 points behind Bayern.

Wow. His second team embarrassed us but they can't average a point a game right now over in Germany where Bayern buy anybody good.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I do think other managers would prepare more for the opposition than Wenger does but they also wouldn't stand by idly whilst our DCM options were Arteta, Flamini and Coquelin he must have got lost on his way back to France to still be here.

What is exactly are we trying to achieve by identifying deficiencies in a position and then taking 3 seasons to actually fill it? There was way too much leeway and emphasis in the summer on how Wenger had signed Sanchez and Debuchy and Chambers and how he was spending money.

I always think how much money you actually spend should be secondary. We should have been asking whether we had filled the holes up with recruits with the requisite quality. The amount you spend doing that is totally secondary to that end, otherwise what's the point?

I got tired with you lot banging on about Schindler's list all summer long but boy do I wish we had him now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-10-2014, 04:57 PM
I find it really strange that people are just so accepting of the situation that Wenger is here until 2017, the guy is on 8 f-----g million a year, he should be put under pressure to get things right but this guy seems to get a free ride.Its not interviewers who are going to put pressure on him he will just brush that aside, its the fans voice that can't be ignored if it's loud enough.

What do you suggest?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Interestingly Dortmund have 7 points from 8 and are 13 points behind Bayern.

Wow. His second team embarrassed us but they can't average a point a game right now over in Germany where Bayern buy anybody good.

The difference between Dortmund and Arsenal is that Klopp will address the issues in January and strengthen. We'll just sit back and accept the shit we have, then wonder why we haven't improved.

If we invested adequately to address our deficiencies we'd probably be more lenient on the idiot in charge and he'd be given a bit more sympathy, as it takes time for players to gel and for new players to fit into a system etc. But the fact we've failed to strengthen in key areas makes it completely unforgivable.

Xhaka Can’t
19-10-2014, 05:10 PM
It doesn't help that there's no system either. We are aimlessly listing towards wherever we end up. And it is as boring as hell watching it happen, knowing there is nothing we can do about it.

Arsenal simply aren't worth watching any more. At any price.

Penguin
19-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I think many people are so fed up with Wenger (and with total justification) that they want to see everything he says and does in a negative light.

If you compare him to Ferguson and now Mourinho who perceives any tough question as a personal attack he's usually quite open in his responses, for whatever the rights and wrongs of what he's doing (mainly wrong at the moment) I think it would be hard to stomach armchair critics.

As far as the Jacqui Oatley interview she didnt ask anything unfair but you got a feeling she wasnt listening to the answers being given.
Agreed about the interview, I honestly don't see what the big deal is about it. He was absolutely right to call the interviewer out when she tried to twist his words to manufacture a headline. After that it's just dodging questions about blame and his transfer dealings - hardly the worst thing to happen in an interview.

A Gunner
20-10-2014, 12:14 AM
To be honest, Wenger has always been like this, even when playing with The Invincible, but back in the days, we win stuff, so you guys never really complained.

Grebbo
20-10-2014, 01:57 AM
That second half was terrible. Hulls stand in keeper looked super dodgy and we should have been taking shots at him every chance we had, how many did we have in the 2nd half? 3 or 4?

Having said that we played very well until their fake goal and it completely took the wind out of our sails.

Bunch of pussies tbh.

Oh and I'm getting bloody annoyed with Wilshere lying dead on the pitch 10 times a game. FFS man up. Stop making dumb ass tackles if you know you're made of sand.

Dein-machine
20-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Have nothing to say about what we saw Sat other than to those who think that Wenger leaving may harm us - Get used to this shit, you've got it for another few years.
The problem for me started after the Invincible season & as some of those players started to leave. We had a blue-print, something that worked for us & cetainly worked in the P.L. However, like many others Wenger became infatuated with the new brand of passing football being shown by Barca. With a young Messi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Xavi etc, all of us started to watch C.L. highlights & Spanish football to watch the brilliance of Barca.
Wenger being a fan of the passing game felt this was the way forward, so we see the emphasis moved from power & physicality in midfield to small, nimble players.
However because of his transfer policies, we have only been able to buy poor replicas of the players above & the ONLY way the Barca plan can work is if you have absolute quality in all attacking positions. The difference in the footballing brain of a Xavi or Iniesta compared to those midfielders we've had in the past decade is huge. Only Fabregas would be in their bracket but obviously not close enough according to Barca.
With the possession we enjoy in most games, especially in & around the opponents area, the percentage of chances we create is very poor. Most opponents attacks are started by us losing possession in this area. We are simply not good enough to play "eye of the needle" football, we don't have the quality.
This emphasis on passing your opponents to death also leads to taking your defending for granted. You look at full backs who can bomb on & link up with play rather than full backs who can defend. If you have a team continually losing the ball due to passing errors or lack of movement then you will be prone to the counter attack, with defenders committed upfield - sound familiar!
The other issue is that the small nimble players can go missing in the winter months when even P.L pitches get boggy & the weather has a say.
Wenger wont be told that he doesn't have the ability to get a team playing like Barca, maybe he does, but not unless he buys quality & stops the bargain hunting. Even so, I'm not sure the Barca way would be such a success in English football - the power & pace of the Invincibles is what he should have tried to maintain.

AFC Leveller
20-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Have nothing to say about what we saw Sat other than to those who think that Wenger leaving may harm us - Get used to this shit, you've got it for another few years.
The problem for me started after the Invincible season & as some of those players started to leave. We had a blue-print, something that worked for us & cetainly worked in the P.L. However, like many others Wenger became infatuated with the new brand of passing football being shown by Barca. With a young Messi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Xavi etc, all of us started to watch C.L. highlights & Spanish football to watch the brilliance of Barca.
Wenger being a fan of the passing game felt this was the way forward, so we see the emphasis moved from power & physicality in midfield to small, nimble players.
However because of his transfer policies, we have only been able to buy poor replicas of the players above & the ONLY way the Barca plan can work is if you have absolute quality in all attacking positions. The difference in the footballing brain of a Xavi or Iniesta compared to those midfielders we've had in the past decade is huge. Only Fabregas would be in their bracket but obviously not close enough according to Barca.
With the possession we enjoy in most games, especially in & around the opponents area, the percentage of chances we create is very poor. Most opponents attacks are started by us losing possession in this area. We are simply not good enough to play "eye of the needle" football, we don't have the quality.
This emphasis on passing your opponents to death also leads to taking your defending for granted. You look at full backs who can bomb on & link up with play rather than full backs who can defend. If you have a team continually losing the ball due to passing errors or lack of movement then you will be prone to the counter attack, with defenders committed upfield - sound familiar!
The other issue is that the small nimble players can go missing in the winter months when even P.L pitches get boggy & the weather has a say.
Wenger wont be told that he doesn't have the ability to get a team playing like Barca, maybe he does, but not unless he buys quality & stops the bargain hunting. Even so, I'm not sure the Barca way would be such a success in English football - the power & pace of the Invincibles is what he should have tried to maintain.

I think we have about 7 or 8 of the 11 who are of the right physical/technical quality but we lack steel at CM and CB.

One of the major issues we have is the manager's reluctance to adapt, his lack of tactical nous and insistance on playing slow tippy tappy through the middle.

Dein-machine
20-10-2014, 11:21 AM
I think we have about 7 or 8 of the 11 who are of the right physical/technical quality but we lack steel at CM and CB.

One of the major issues we have is the manager's reluctance to adapt, his lack of tactical nous and insistance on playing slow tippy tappy through the middle.

With regards to Barca we certainly have players with their physicality because they're not a big team but what I'm saying is that we don't have the technical quality. 80% of what makes a footballer great is he's brain. Messi's brain is controlling his legs & telling his body what it will do next. Xavi & Iniesta may be small but on the ball they already know what they're doing with it before they've touched it. I'm afraid the likes of Rambo, Jack, Santi, Arteta whilst very good technically, simply don't have the footballing brain required to emulate Barca football. We can see it with Sanchez. As good as he is, he still runs we he should pass, his passing is average at best & his decision making is poor - it was not a big loss to Barca.

The tippy tappy passing has not got us very far in the past 10 years & it won't going forward. We need to apply a more modern direct style of play, pressing high up the pitch. The years of teams trying to replicate Barca is over, they will even have to change their style when current players start to retire. They have been lucky through their youth system to produce a team with a style of play that only comes along once in a very long while.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2014, 11:50 AM
The high tech, tippy-tappy thing may also have been a consequence of the (failed) youth policy the club (Wenger) adopted as an alternative to buying experience when the funds were tight. Younger players aren't as physical. So we've attempting to bring on a bunch of relatively cheap (but still overpaid) youngsters designed to keep the ball away from the opposition and pass them to death, but it didn't work. It's too easy for the brutal teams in the PL to compensate for their lack of footballing ability by kicking their opponents into orbit, part and parcel of the game over here. I wonder how Barca, even at their best, would have coped week-in, week-out in this league, especially if they had been tagged with a weakling, "don't like it up 'em", reputation that the refs were happy to go along with?

Now we're caught in the worst of all places, we can afford to bring the experience in but the whole philosophy is geared towards a system that's probably incompatible with the league we play in. It will take time to change it and realistically it will take another manager to do it. Wenger's not going to start from scratch at the tail end of his career, somebody else will have to do that. If only a face saving solution could be found that saw Wenger kicked upstairs and Bould brought in on a temporary basis to instil the basics of what it takes to win in the PL. Alexis, Ramsey, Jack, Welbeck, Ox, they may not be the biggest but they are tough enough for the league.

To think Wenger used to be slaughtered for his teams picking up too many red cards. Those were the days. More red cards is what we need, resulting from nastier bastards on the pitch. Like all the other teams in this league. Our players wouldn't get injured as much either, if the opposition knew they'd get a swift kick in the bollocks for trying to rough us up.

1_nilto the arsenal
20-10-2014, 12:41 PM
I just want to say fair play to jackie oatley from the BBC for grilling the cunt. he hates it when he gets questions he cant answer, all he ever wants is for reporters is to ask easy questions and then can waffle on. Its about time his decisions were accountable, fucking wanker that he is.

Globalgunner
20-10-2014, 01:34 PM
When people are caught in a lie, many respond with abuse. I can only imagine what he really wanted to say. We have seen this before with his "why do you look at me" diatribe. The man lives in his own fantasy world. Reality is dealing him a swift kick up nthe behind. There was once a time when our inherent quality could see us win most of the timne against 16 out of the 20 other teams in the league. This time I fear Wenger may have gambled too far. I hope the Pope has another charity match lined up at Xmas so that Gazidis can get some proper players bought behind this fools back.

Only the Pope can save us now. I think we all ought to pray.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Tottenham went to see him, and got told to fuck off.

Syn
20-10-2014, 02:05 PM
I just want to say fair play to jackie oatley from the BBC for grilling the cunt. he hates it when he gets questions he cant answer, all he ever wants is for reporters is to ask easy questions and then can waffle on. Its about time his decisions were accountable, fucking wanker that he is.

innit. The fucking pedo. The scummy, wrinkly runty cunt. The cunting deer molesting shit stick.

Globalgunner
20-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Tottenham went to see him, and got told to fuck off.

Why does that not surprise me. Pope Francis is known as a down to earth kind of guy. He will no doubt call a Spud a Spud.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2014, 02:24 PM
The high tech, tippy-tappy thing may also have been a consequence of the (failed) youth policy the club (Wenger) adopted as an alternative to buying experience when the funds were tight. Younger players aren't as physical. So we've attempting to bring on a bunch of relatively cheap (but still overpaid) youngsters designed to keep the ball away from the opposition and pass them to death, but it didn't work. It's too easy for the brutal teams in the PL to compensate for their lack of footballing ability by kicking their opponents into orbit, part and parcel of the game over here. I wonder how Barca, even at their best, would have coped week-in, week-out in this league, especially if they had been tagged with a weakling, "don't like it up 'em", reputation that the refs were happy to go along with?

Good point tbf. While Barcelona had Xavi, Iniesta and were splashing £30m+ on David Villa to play the tippy tappy way, we tried to replicate tippy tappy with Denilson, Diaby and Bendtner.

Then he wonders why we didn't win anything.

Özim
20-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Not much to say to be honest, years of neglect seems to be catching up with us, if there's a problem area in the team you do something about it, sign a player or two who can help solve this problem. If you're tactics mean you don't create enough or can't break down teams, you change the style or have an alternative strategy to deal with this. If you have an injury prone squad, you either sell those players and replace them with tougher less fragile players or buy enough cover to deal with them.

We just don't do any of the above, we buy players because Wenger likes the look of them not because they are what the team needs, everyone knew what positions needed filling in the summer, everyone it seems except Wenger.

I'm glad an interviewer is finally calling him out on his bs, been calling for someone to do it for years, as has been mentioned he lives in his own little world where he's untouchable, 8 million a year, a licence to do whatever he likes and no questions asked. About time someone confronted him and asked him questions that actually matter, rather than those questions about stuff noone really gives a toss about.

Özim
20-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Just watched the interview again, IMO Wenger made an arse of himself and was very defensive, she brought up valid points and he was very tetchy and contradicted himself rather than answering the questions.

When asked about not signing a DM or CB his answer was that many teams have bought players and concede goals, that may be true but it's utter tripe with respect to our situation.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Ah well. We're back to calling our manager a cunt again. Any kind of agreement from anyone who doesn't want to see Wenger dead is just an encouragement for this kind of stuff. And as always, despite his inadequacies, he'll have fans lining up behind him every time this sort of abuse is rolled out.

For the record, the BBC is the biggest coven of cunts imaginable. Hard to know why anyone would agree with a cunt from that organisation whether they are right or wrong. Their filthy lies, propaganda, indoctrination stretch back decades and far outweighs anything one of their slimy representatives might come up with that, so uncharacteristically for them, has a grain of truth.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Not much to say to be honest, years of neglect seems to be catching up with us, if there's a problem area in the team you do something about it, sign a player or two who can help solve this problem. If you're tactics mean you don't create enough or can't break down teams, you change the style or have an alternative strategy to deal with this. If you have an injury prone squad, you either sell those players and replace them with tougher less fragile players or buy enough cover to deal with them.

We just don't do any of the above, we buy players because Wenger likes the look of them not because they are what the team needs, everyone knew what positions needed filling in the summer, everyone it seems except Wenger.

I'm glad an interviewer is finally calling him out on his bs, been calling for someone to do it for years, as has been mentioned he lives in his own little world where he's untouchable, 8 million a year, a licence to do whatever he likes and no questions asked. About time someone confronted him and asked him questions that actually matter, rather than those questions about stuff noone really gives a toss about.

A skanky whore throwing shit from a gutter is hardly ground breaking. The fact Piers Morgan wanked over her should be enough to deter anyone with an ounce of self respect.

BOBN
20-10-2014, 05:24 PM

Now we're caught in the worst of all places, we can afford to bring the experience in but the whole philosophy is geared towards a system that's probably incompatible with the league we play in. It will take time to change it and realistically it will take another manager to do it. Wenger's not going to start from scratch at the tail end of his career, somebody else will have to do that. If only a face saving solution could be found that saw Wenger kicked upstairs and Bould brought in on a temporary basis to instil the basics of what it takes to win in the PL. Alexis, Ramsey, Jack, Welbeck, Ox, they may not be the biggest but they are tough enough for the league.

To think Wenger used to be slaughtered for his teams picking up too many red cards. Those were the days. More red cards is what we need, resulting from nastier bastards on the pitch. Like all the other teams in this league. Our players wouldn't get injured as much either, if the opposition knew they'd get a swift kick in the bollocks for trying to rough us up.
Middle of the road, slight, tika-taka player are cheap. Go to any Baltic state and you can find players like Rosicky, Hleb. Southampton went and got Tadic who tbf looks comfortably above average. Its like picking stawberries. Small guys who can pass and move are produced in every academy in the world, small guys with a little bit of talent have those little fast feet and just have to drill them to a system. Easy as shit.

What costs is getting technical players with physical gifts. Strong, athletic and/or quick guys who can play. Academies know these guys cant just be produced every 5 minutes and price them accordingly. Portuguese tika-taki young types? 3million a pop, take your pick. Christiano Ronaldo? 12million. Wenger baulked. This Carvalho boy? 20million+ Wenger out. But he'll get that Rabiot guy cos hes cheap, because hes slight and PSG know hes a dime-a-dozen.

Thats why I have no respect for our "technical" football. Anybody can put together 7-8-9 tika-taka types from around europe and have them play a technical game on a budget.

AFC Leveller
21-10-2014, 09:53 AM
If you compare our results against the sides we've played this season and last, its clear we've gone backwards. We beat Hull at home, Spuds, Cardiff (Leicester this season) where as we drew all three this season. Thats 6 points dropped already.

Dein-machine
21-10-2014, 10:54 AM
A skanky whore throwing shit from a gutter is hardly ground breaking. The fact Piers Morgan wanked over her should be enough to deter anyone with an ounce of self respect.

No at all - If I had a few minutes with Dot Cotton I'd be asking him far harder questions in relation to the fucked up decisions he now regularly makes. Good luck to her & hope that all journo's now ask him questions that he is uncomfortable with. £8 mill a year & you can't admit your mistakes - fucking embarrassment to the club now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Only wenger would fail to sign a DM and centre back then come out with 'I don't know why we lacked defensive efficiency' :haha:

Top class WUM :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-10-2014, 11:59 AM
No at all - If I had a few minutes with Dot Cotton I'd be asking him far harder questions in relation to the fucked up decisions he now regularly makes. Good luck to her & hope that all journo's now ask him questions that he is uncomfortable with. £8 mill a year & you can't admit your mistakes - fucking embarrassment to the club now.

What I love about this supposed "outrage" is that Jacqui Oatley doesn't believe Wenger was out of line, rude, patronising etc and doesn't understand why there's such a fuss. She just remarked that the l'ouisseau was a bit tetchy due to a poor result which is basically all it was.

Power n Glory
21-10-2014, 02:49 PM
What I love about this supposed "outrage" is that Jacqui Oatley doesn't believe Wenger was out of line, rude, patronising etc and doesn't understand why there's such a fuss. She just remarked that the l'ouisseau was a bit tetchy due to a poor result which is basically all it was.

It comes with the territory in her line of work but she did say it’s the most ‘adversarial interview’ she’s done with Wenger and thought her questions were fair. IMO, Wenger reacted badly and it showed. That’s what the fuss is about. He’s usually cool in post-match interviews. Even after awful performances.

AFC Leveller
21-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Only wenger would fail to sign a DM and centre back then come out with 'I don't know why we lacked defensive efficiency' :haha:

True say.

torontogooner
21-10-2014, 04:45 PM

fakeyank
21-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Wenger lives in a different world in his head!

Fist of Lehmann
22-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Much as I agree with the need for a CB and the mythical, magical, rainbow unicorn DM, I think our problems are further reaching than that.

Fact is, we're inefficient all over the pitch, not just in defense. Teams genuinely challenging generally hit a rate of about 2 to 3 goals to 1. We're scoring and conceding goals at roughly 1:1, that's upper mid-table form. Keep this up, we're on course to finish ~6th-9th.

Lack of quality and numbers in the squad, injuries/suspensions, previously reliable players tired and off form, new players still struggling to find an understanding. All contributing factors in individual games. But the underlying theme has been largely the same all season, the change in system.

You can question the wisdom of making a fundamental style change directly after a truncated pre-season where the team came back in installments. But Wenfer seems convinced it can work, and it looks like he's willing to accept poor results while the team grapples with it. Those are the actions of a man who has tenure.

While he might not admit it publicly, it may be that he views this season as transitional, he may even forgo the scrum for 4th now the money is less critical in order to implement his glorious 3 year plan. Meanwhile we're likely to suffer a patchy season unless he has a change of heart or this 4-1-4-1 finally clicks. Chances are, it'll get worse before it gets better.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-10-2014, 12:40 PM
It comes with the territory in her line of work but she did say it’s the most ‘adversarial interview’ she’s done with Wenger and thought her questions were fair. IMO, Wenger reacted badly and it showed. That’s what the fuss is about. He’s usually cool in post-match interviews. Even after awful performances.

Hmmm to be honest it became more of an argument about sexism with some of the reactions I read.

I made the point that he was just as tetchy with sky sports, and I have frequently seen him get ratty with journalists in the last couple of years. The examples off the top of my head would be post Aston Villa away in 2012 and the pre match conference against Bayern Munich in 2013.
He isn't as happy as he was if you go back to his time at Highbury, and I felt for a long time he would let his contract run down in 2014 and leave. Partly I think in his head that he signed a contract extension because the board looked completely clueless about how to replace him.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-10-2014, 12:45 PM
When since did CDMs become magical, mythical creatures?

I recall a time when we had quality in that position. Round about the same time when Wenger was being hailed as bit of a genius and a top manager.

Globalgunner
22-10-2014, 01:51 PM

I recall a time when we had quality in that position. Round about the same time when Wenger was being hailed as bit of a genius and a top manager.

City have 2 of these hard to find creatures in Fernando & Fernandinho
Chelsea have Matic and sometimes Mikel. Not to mention that turd Ramires
Pool have 2 (names escape me at the moment, 1 Brazilian and 1 Englishman)
We....after searching amongst 7 Billion bipeds came up with Flamini and Arteta, both not up to much cop

Defenders.......Now they are really hard to find. Steve Bould might get a game tonight, I hear.

Fist of Lehmann
22-10-2014, 04:21 PM

In their scarcity? Never.

In their mythical abilities to cure all problems from stupidly conceded goals to world hunger? Maybe a year.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-10-2014, 04:52 PM
In their scarcity? Never.

In their mythical abilities to cure all problems from stupidly conceded goals to world hunger? Maybe a year.

Bit disingenuous that argument you posit. Haven't seen anyone saying getting in a proper cdm will be the panacea of ills.

It's a glaringly deficient area in our team for however long now. One that if properly addressed, could possibly see us faring better as a defensive unit.

Fist of Lehmann
22-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Bit disingenuous that argument you posit. Haven't seen anyone saying getting in a proper cdm will be the panacea of ills.

It's a glaringly deficient area in our team for however long now. One that if properly addressed, could possibly see us faring better as a defensive unit.

FROM: Stopping stupidly conceded goals (which they ought to)
TO: Curing world hunger (which they probably wont)

And everything in between. Reading around in the Arseosphere, Arsenal fans have run the full gamut.

But no matter where they stood they all pretty much agreed. We need a DM, we need a DM. It becomes like a mantra. It's not a myth in the sense of a falsehood, it's a myth in the sense of a conceptual ideal.

Arsenal fans still pine for a reincarnated Vieira.