PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 12:16 AM
ARSENAL’S billionaire shareholder Alisher Usmanov has sparked speculation that he could launch a takeover tilt after talks with Gunners legend Thierry Henry. Henry flew to Moscow to meet Usmanov on Monday after which the Russian stated the club’s record scorer should be handed a behind-the-scenes role.
Henry is expected to sign again on loan from New York Red Bulls next month but Usmanov, who owns 29 per cent of Arsenal, would rather he filled a position similar to that of Patrick Vieira at Manchester City.
He said: “I don’t have decision-making powers but Thierry Henry should already be a part of the club but not as a player.
“He has a far more important role to play. The presence of a champion can change the soul of a team.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4696777/Alisher-Usmanov-takeover-talk.html#ixzz2EyrsR9UX

GP
15-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Great news!

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Wilshere close to new Arsenal deal, Ramsey & Jenkinson done & likely to be announced with Ox & Gibbs as #afc build British core

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Ramsey needs to be sent out on loan, if the plan is for WUMger to keep him as he is he should just retire now. And Wenger too.

Mr. Lahey
16-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4696777/Alisher-Usmanov-takeover-talk.html#ixzz2EyrsR9UX

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

i couldnt agree with Usmanov more regarding TH14, its about time we bring back champions from that era, get him in ASAP.

KSE Comedy Club
16-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Ramsey needs to be sent out on loan, if the plan is for WUMger to keep him as he is he should just retire now. And Wenger too.

Ramsey needs to be sold ASAP.

He's broken and shit.

KSE Comedy Club
16-12-2012, 01:44 AM

[/COLOR][/LEFT]jabba :bow:

He's the future, tbh.

Globalgunner
16-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Lets hope he brings Princess Leia in her bikini with him not the Cruella Deville show currently on offer

Injury Time
16-12-2012, 08:52 AM
:gp:

Kano
16-12-2012, 09:43 PM
that would be the best thing for him but its hard to see it happening. he hasn't been helped being stuck out wide a lot and he needs to figure out exactly the style of player he wants to be. such a shame to see his development halt so suddenly over the past couple of seasons. you can never accuse ramsey of hiding though. he has had some awful games but never shirks looking for the ball.

-Xs-
17-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Only to give it away again...

Seriously, wtf has he done to earn himself a new contract?

Gervinho's Forehead
17-12-2012, 10:11 PM
After tonight we're on target for 60 points which is good enough for 7th.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Three high-profile Premier League games are now at risk of postponement after London Underground drivers voted in favour of striking on Boxing Day.

Members of the ASLEF union continued their long-running row with Tube bosses over bank holiday pay by deciding on three, 24-hour strikes - including a third consecutive Boxing Day walkout.

The decision puts Arsenal v West Ham, Fulham v Southampton and QPR v West Brom under threat, with many fans using the Underground network to travel to stadiums and many modes of public transport already affected by reduced services.

An ASLEF spokesman supported the strike, saying "The ballot result shows the strength of feeling that remains on this issue."

London Underground reacted unhappily to the news, with Chief Operating Officer Howard Collins stating: "Further industrial action will not achieve anything."

"London Underground has a long-standing agreement with all trade unions which covers working arrangements on bank holidays, including Boxing Day," Mr Collins added.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/struck-out-tube-driver-walkout-1494186

Grebbo
18-12-2012, 06:51 AM
I hear we're giving Ramsey a new 5 yr deal on £60k pw

:haha:

KSE Comedy Club
18-12-2012, 09:52 AM
I hear we're giving Ramsey a new 5 yr deal on £60k pw

It beggars belief :doh:

Kano
19-12-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/dec_12/gun__1355928975_5signings.jpg

Özil's Panoramic View
19-12-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/dec_12/gun__1355928975_5signings.jpg

An uncanny resemblance all I'd say.

Poppa Wenger :bow:

GP
19-12-2012, 03:14 PM
GHELkers :bow:

The most important of the six of them.

Özim
19-12-2012, 03:14 PM
It beggars belief :doh:
I wish I could play for Arsenal, if nothing else you can get a new long term contract on big money for doing nothing at all. Just don't become too good or they'll let you run down the contract to nothing.

Kano
19-12-2012, 03:15 PM
GHELkers :bow:

The most important of the six of them.

Özim
19-12-2012, 03:15 PM
An uncanny resemblance all I'd say.

Poppa Wenger :bow:
He insist on being called Papa Wenger actually, remember he's French. At Christmas he puts on a beard and a red suit and gives out the presents (usually from the one pound shop but you don't get some gems there sometimes) and talk of you know who is banned.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-12-2012, 03:17 PM
He insist on being called Papa Wenger actually, remember he's French. At Christmas he puts on a beard and a red suit and gives out the presents (usually from the one pound shop but you don't get some gems there sometimes) and talk of you know who is banned.

In that case, please pardon my French.

GP
19-12-2012, 03:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-fNzZKCEAI75xL.jpg

GP
19-12-2012, 03:29 PM
In that case, please pardon my French.

The French :lol:

Awful breath

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-12-2012, 03:33 PM
a club that rewards the likes of djourou and ramsey with new contracts but lets rvp, nasri, song, sagna, cesc leave.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I wish I could play for Arsenal, if nothing else you can get a new long term contract on big money for doing nothing at all. Just don't become too good or they'll let you run down the contract to nothing.

Not with Jack though

Jack :bow:

Jenks :bow:

Ox :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 03:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-fNzZKCEAI75xL.jpg

:bow:

Jack sure does love this club.

GP
19-12-2012, 03:37 PM

Jack sure does love this club.

Nah he just had some nutella on his shirt.

Nutella :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 03:45 PM

Özil's Panoramic View
19-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Bloody wise crack

Pity you have to be such a prick on here at times.

Wit :bow:

GP :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Bloody wise crack

Pity you have to be such a prick on here at times.

Wit :bow:

GP :bow:

Bit harsh.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Bit harsh.

GP never said that.

GP
19-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Never said I wasn't a prick.

GP
19-12-2012, 04:44 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/563754_10152326741250313_722016361_n.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 06:02 PM

Good to see a core of English players. Remember the days when wumger would not touch them with a barge pole.

Özim
19-12-2012, 06:02 PM
We're pretty quick to hand out new deals to players who haven't performed to be honest, Gibbs has been injured his entire career so it would have been good to see if he can stay fit for one season at least before offering him a long term contract (noone will be after him anyway), Ramsey has been pretty poor, we could have let his deal run down and noone would have gone in for him either.

Wilshere I accept appears to be a bit of a talent but he's relatively unproven and was never really going to leave, plus he's just come back from a year and a half out, Oxo well he's not really delivered thus far but I'm hopeful he will (again seems happy enough here so could have waited a bit longer). Jenkinson well again noone is going to sign him so it's not like we desperately needed him to re-sign.

Be good if we re-signed our top players in the same way we do with the kids. Two of the players we've signed have potentially (that's the key) got big futures, the rest are nothing special IMO.

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Has there ever been a bigger feeling of meh to contract signings before? Arguably more reasons why we shouldn't have offered them contracts than there are to offering them. Ramsey - he's a bit shit and has been for a while even before his injury. Jenkinson - had a car crash of a season last season and whilst he's improved this, surely should have waited a bit more before the wage increase. Gibbs - injury prone and still prone to stupid errors. Should get him fully fit for a long time before giving him a contract. Ox - 2 good games since he's joined us. Says it all. Now the main event Wilshere - offered more money than we offered Theo who is far more important :haha: also been out for a year and a half and done nothing since coming back to merit such a wage increase.

Keith
19-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Clever move by the board, sign them up before the new commercial deals and the top money players arrive

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 10:47 PM
http://futbolita.com/2012/12/19/real-madrid-arsenal-throw-christmas-parties-romeo-beckhams-ad-criticized-balotelli-snubs-newborn-daughter/

Xmas parties :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2012, 11:09 PM

Judging from the time you spend here, you're half way there.

Özim
19-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Judging from the time you spend here, you're half way there.
You say that but you have more posts than me, I'd say you're closer than I am at the moment.

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2012, 11:26 PM
You say that but you have more posts than me, I'd say you're closer than I am at the moment.

Lighten up, it was a joke.

Özim
19-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Lighten up, it was a joke.
Yeah so was mine :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah so was mine :lol:
I hate people with their cruel and hurtful jibes.

I have feelings you know.

Özim
19-12-2012, 11:31 PM
I hate people with their cruel and hurtful jibes.

I have feelings you know.
No smiley, no feelings sorry!

Ollie the Optimist
19-12-2012, 11:49 PM
we could announce anything these days and people will still moan. we could sign messi, and people would say he has no premiership experience.

5 talented players who will be here for a very long time signed to new deals, and the best thing about it for me, is they signed them quickly. jack said about two weeks ago, i want to stay at Arsenal, two weeks later, signs a new deal because he wants to stay with us, ramsey i read has not got an increase in wages but wanted to stay with us, jenkinson is a fan so he was always going to stay, gibbs and ox will be very good.

but because none of these players have scored 500 goals, and won 17 billions trophies, people will moan. some are happy to give theo 6 years to do fuck all in reality and blame the club for not signing him, yet because one player hasnt won everything already, they think its a shit deal.

we seem to moan that the club never get contracts right, why wait for them to be in their last two years before renewing them, so we renew them and the club still get moaned at. as far as i can tell, everyone in this club is now signed up for the long term bar theo and sagna. (and possibly chesney) vermealen, kos, gibbs are here for the long term in defence having all signed new deals in the last year, mertsacker will be too i assume given he only signed last year. in midfield, arteta signed a new deal in summer i think, cazorla has a 4 year deal, rosicky has a new deal, jack now comitted, ox, podolski, gervinho, ramsey have all got years to run and up front giroud has at least another 3 years left.

that means all of our squad is committed, theo and sagna are the only exceptions. this squad is good enough on its day, it needs additions of course, but we have seen performances such as liverpool away and city away that show how good this squad really is, and if i remember correctly, theo was only on the bench those games and sagna didnt play, it shows we have a real basis to build on. if we can get david villa next month, a good defensive midfielder and a winger, suddenly we have a committed squad, a talented squad, however there are problems with motivation and tatics, but that can be worked on, we wont be worrying about players leaving for a while like we were with rvp, nasri etc because they all have years left on contracts. if we get sagna and theo done, then contracts dont become an issue until about 2016. not bad eh?

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 11:51 PM
we could announce anything these days and people will still moan. we could sign messi, and people would say he has no premiership experience.

5 talented players who will be here for a very long time signed to new deals, and the best thing about it for me, is they signed them quickly. jack said about two weeks ago, i want to stay at Arsenal, two weeks later, signs a new deal because he wants to stay with us, ramsey i read has not got an increase in wages but wanted to stay with us, jenkinson is a fan so he was always going to stay, gibbs and ox will be very good.

but because none of these players have scored 500 goals, and won 17 billions trophies, people will moan. some are happy to give theo 6 years to do fuck all in reality and blame the club for not signing him, yet because one player hasnt won everything already, they think its a shit deal.

we seem to moan that the club never get contracts right, why wait for them to be in their last two years before renewing them, so we renew them and the club still get moaned at. as far as i can tell, everyone in this club is now signed up for the long term bar theo and sagna. (and possibly chesney) vermealen, kos, gibbs are here for the long term in defence having all signed new deals in the last year, mertsacker will be too i assume given he only signed last year. in midfield, arteta signed a new deal in summer i think, cazorla has a 4 year deal, rosicky has a new deal, jack now comitted, ox, podolski, gervinho, ramsey have all got years to run and up front giroud has at least another 3 years left.

that means all of our squad is committed, theo and sagna are the only exceptions. this squad is good enough on its day, it needs additions of course, but we have seen performances such as liverpool away and city away that show how good this squad really is, and if i remember correctly, theo was only on the bench those games and sagna didnt play, it shows we have a real basis to build on. if we can get david villa next month, a good defensive midfielder and a winger, suddenly we have a committed squad, a talented squad, however there are problems with motivation and tatics, but that can be worked on, we wont be worrying about players leaving for a while like we were with rvp, nasri etc because they all have years left on contracts. if we get sagna and theo done, then contracts dont become an issue until about 2016. not bad eh?

Pretty much.

IBK
19-12-2012, 11:54 PM

Some perspective, eh? Interesting...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-12-2012, 12:11 AM
yay

Cripps_orig
20-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Someone post a summary

Özim
20-12-2012, 01:13 AM

Fantastic news, we've got the worst Arsenal team in memory signed up for years....whoopedeedoo!

-Xs-
20-12-2012, 02:41 AM
More to the point, why the hell hasn't Diaby just been given a new contract worth 150k a week. Surely he deserves it.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-12-2012, 04:40 AM

5 talented players who will be here for a very long time signed to new deals

uhm...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/shifterkart/1278791064473.jpg

Master Splinter
20-12-2012, 04:50 AM
Windchime is the future of Spain's national team.

Oxo and Gibbs are very talented and technically as good as you could hope for young English players.

GHELkers (apart from the :doh: moment against Swansea) has been excellent when he has played this season.

Ramsey at the moment is the only one who's future you'd worry about. But he has shown flashes of top, top quality in the past.

Theo :lol:.

Awlful traitor.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Fantastic news, we've got the worst Arsenal team in memory signed up for years....whoopedeedoo!

yay

LDG
20-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Yet, if we didn't sign them up, and they (AOC and Shakespear especially) fucked off for nothing, you'd moan that we hadn't signed them up, and that it was terrible for the club to let them run down their contracts :lol:

This is good news. Good news in and amongst a stinking pile of turd. But good news nonetheless.

Özim
20-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Yet, if we didn't sign them up, and they (AOC and Shakespear especially) fucked off for nothing, you'd moan that we hadn't signed them up, and that it was terrible for the club to let them run down their contracts :lol:

This is good news. Good news in and amongst a stinking pile of turd. But good news nonetheless.
Firstly I assume the only ones I'm interested in keeping, Oxo and Wilshere still have some time to run on their contracts (i.e a few years), in addition I don't think either has any intention of leaving as they haven't really performed well enough yet, so IMO it could have probably waited, though I don't mind we signed up those two.

The other 3 players I couldn't give a damn about to be honest, not a big fan of them. If you reward failure as much as we do it's no surprise we fail so much to be honest.

LDG
20-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Firstly I assume the only ones I'm interested in keeping, Oxo and Wilshere still have some time to run on their contracts (i.e a few years), in addition I don't think either has any intention of leaving as they haven't really performed well enough yet, so IMO it could have probably waited, though I don't mind we signed up those two.

The other 3 players I couldn't give a damn about to be honest, not a big fan of them. If you reward failure as much as we do it's no surprise we fail so much to be honest.

Fair enough.

I like Ghelkers. And I think Gibbs is pretty #decent. I don't see anyone much better than him, aside from Cole, possibly Evra. Clichy certainly isn't.

Ramsby is the only one I don't think should be rewarded. In fact, I think he should be set on fire. But four out of five ain't bad.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 01:05 PM

Who is rewarding failure? End of the day if you think thats rewarding failure, then we were right to sell of Cesc. RVP, Nasi etc. Cause all of them failed with us too. Your right these lot have a lot to prove, but the club believes they are the future and thats why thwy have long deals.

People moaned we never have a English or brithish back bone. Now we do lets be happy with that. That is not to say we should not go out now and buy quality players.

Its irrelvant though End of the world tomorrow anyways.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Alisher Usmanov has said it is still his dream to own Arsenal and has given the under-fire Arsène Wenger his full backing. The Russian billionaire already owns a 30% stake in the club but has no seat on the board and has been frozen out by the majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke.

In a rare interview, Usmanov told CNBC: "I want to take this opportunity to just reaffirm that in order to help the team, we would be ready to buy more shares, to buy control, to buy all shares. It is my dream to have a controlling stake of Arsenal. I would never instruct the chief executive, and I would ask if they need my help.

"If I had a big stake in Arsenal of course I would have my opinion of what we must do, for example on the commercial side. I think there are also many questions about the management of Arsenal's commercial activity. We will see and we will wait. Maybe one day I will wake up and have control of Arsenal."

Usmanov said it was a mistake to sell Robin van Persie to Manchester United in the summer and added if he had more involvement in the club he would back the manager in the transfer market.

"Today less, but over the last five years he has not had enough support to provide his conceptions of his game in Arsenal from the board, either for transfers or for keeping players etc. We are ready to do all that we can in order to help the company, in order to consider any form of cooperation or ownership with the team.

"This decision [losing Van Persie] was a mistake. If I am one of Wenger's players I would want to stay for the finish, but he explained Robin wanted to go to win trophies."

Asked about his influence in the transfer window, Usmanov said: "I never interfere with things over which I have no control, this question [about buying players] is for Wenger. I never ever give instruction to chief executive of my plans I only ask you need my help or not."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/20/alisher-usmanov-arsenal-wenger-van-persie

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2012, 05:48 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/15moaz5.png

:doh:

Özim
20-12-2012, 05:52 PM
There's more balls in that picture than the team has ever shown on the pitch :run:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Johan Djourou's agent believes the Switzerland international would be an ideal signature for Napoli.

The Serie A club are on the lookout for defensive reinforcements after Paolo Cannavaro and Gianluca Grava's were handed six-month bans.

Djourou has struggled to get a look-in at Arsenal this season, making only two appearances for Arsene Wenger's side, and has been linked with a move to the San Paolo.

Napoli already have three Swiss players in their squad - Gokhan Inler, Valon Behrami and Blerim Dzemaili - and Djourou's representative, Flavio Ferraria, believes that would him settle in.

However, he revealed Napoli have yet to make an approach for the 25-year-old.

Ferraria said: "Johan could be the ideal player for Napoli, but I have never had any contact with them.

"If Napoli want him, they know where to turn. They must first speak with Arsenal."

Ferraria said that although Napoli had appeal, Djourou would not leave the Emirates Stadium hastily.

He added: "Djourou is closely bound with Arsenal. He has a contract until 2014 and before considering any proposals, it is clear that he should think very well.

"To leave Arsenal, he should find a team as prestigious. Napoli has grown a lot in recent years and we have to not forget that there are many Swiss players that would help him to fit into the group".

Cannavaro and Grava were banned for failing to report former Napoli player Matteo Gianello's involvement match-fixing.

Gianello confessed to attempting to fix a game between Napoli and Sampdoria in 2010, leading to the club being deducted two points on Tuesday.

Don't miss any live and exclusive football coverage this festive season. Click here to visit Sky Sports' Festive Calendar

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8345751/Arsenal-defender-Johan-Djourou-would-be-ideal-for-Napoli-says-agent

Özim
20-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Who is rewarding failure? End of the day if you think thats rewarding failure, then we were right to sell of Cesc. RVP, Nasi etc. Cause all of them failed with us too. Your right these lot have a lot to prove, but the club believes they are the future and thats why thwy have long deals.

People moaned we never have a English or brithish back bone. Now we do lets be happy with that. That is not to say we should not go out now and buy quality players.

Its irrelvant though End of the world tomorrow anyways.
Who is? Arsenal FC.

The players you cited weren't failures, they'd put in top class performance after top class performance (with the exception of Nasri who had half a season) they'd proved themselves and it wasn't their fault the manager couldn't build a team of players who could help them achieve success.

The club and the future, how long have we been hearing that.....it's started 6-7 years ago and look how that turned out, f*ck the future let's look at things in the present and in the present none of those players are proven, I think Wilshire and Oxo will prove themselves but it doesn't change the fact they haven't yet (one has just come back from a year and a half out) and that they are happy and probably had a few years left on their contracts.

When people wanted a British backbone they wanted quality British players, 3 of them aren't at all IMO, the other two could be so I guess the club can be forgiven there.

The point is we've been rewarding failure for years, look at the players we've got lumbered with because of this, Djourou, Denilson, Bendtner to name but three, the players don't have to prove a thing we just hand out long term contracts on the basis of thin air.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-12-2012, 09:58 PM
ohan Djourou's agent believes the Switzerland international would be an ideal signature for Napoli.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8345751/Arsenal-defender-Johan-Djourou-would-be-ideal-for-Napoli-says-agent

:pray:

Özim
20-12-2012, 09:59 PM
:pray:
There's a shortage of Lions in Naples I believe.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Who is? Arsenal FC.

The players you cited weren't failures, they'd put in top class performance after top class performance (with the exception of Nasri who had half a season) they'd proved themselves and it wasn't their fault the manager couldn't build a team of players who could help them achieve success.

The club and the future, how long have we been hearing that.....it's started 6-7 years ago and look how that turned out, f*ck the future let's look at things in the present and in the present none of those players are proven, I think Wilshire and Oxo will prove themselves but it doesn't change the fact they haven't yet (one has just come back from a year and a half out) and that they are happy and probably had a few years left on their contracts.

When people wanted a British backbone they wanted quality British players, 3 of them aren't at all IMO, the other two could be so I guess the club can be forgiven there.

The point is we've been rewarding failure for years, look at the players we've got lumbered with because of this, Djourou, Denilson, Bendtner to name but three, the players don't have to prove a thing we just hand out long term contracts on the basis of thin air.

Well no they never won anything like these so by your logic they must be failures.

Maybe so and maybe it was a mistake. However i don't see anything wrong with building a team around the players mentiond. We can't just sell of the whole sqaud and buy a whole new one.

What has happend in the past is the past,we can only look forward and get behind the boys.

Özim
21-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Well no they never won anything like these so by your logic they must be failures.

Maybe so and maybe it was a mistake. However i don't see anything wrong with building a team around the players mentiond. We can't just sell of the whole sqaud and buy a whole new one.

What has happend in the past is the past,we can only look forward and get behind the boys.
Well no those players may not have won anything but they contributed a lot and became top players so I'd say they earnt the money they were on, unlike the nobodies we're handing out contracts to.

The past is the past, problem is we learn learn and the present becomes the same as the past, so there's not an awful lot to look forward to right now.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Well no those players may not have won anything but they contributed a lot and became top players so I'd say they earnt the money they were on, unlike the nobodies we're handing out contracts to.

The past is the past, problem is we learn learn and the present becomes the same as the past, so there's not an awful lot to look forward to right now.

Well their a lot became nothing as they failed to help us win anything, don't make them the inocent's in this they ain't. The past is the past cause you can't do f all about it and only look forward.

Don't see this as rewarding failure, not with these players anyway. You may have a point if its squid, maroune, dojo etc.

End of the day you either get behind the team or don't.

fakeyank
21-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Well theie a lot became nothing as they failed to help us win anything, don't make them the inocent's in this they ain't.

The fuck? :unsure:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2012, 09:56 AM
The fuck? :unsure:

What i saying is, those players he mentiond, good players and may have contributed alot. But in terms of winning the league its the same as those nobodies he mentiond too.

His point would make more sense if the players we sold won us the league and we sold them off. Only going by Zimm logic anyways.

Özim
21-12-2012, 11:26 AM
What i saying is, those players he mentiond, good players and may have contributed alot. But in terms of winning the league its the same as those nobodies he mentiond too.

His point would make more sense if the players we sold won us the league and we sold them off. Only going by Zimm logic anyways.
No not really, one or two players cannot win the league by themselves, they still need some quality about them.

The players mentioned did everything they could and performed very very well so much so all the top clubs came sniffing around, Cesc created a hatful and scored a few, RVP scored a hatful....so that's my logic.

The players we've rewarded have done precious little so the case is totally different.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2012, 12:58 PM
No not really, one or two players cannot win the league by themselves, they still need some quality about them.

The players mentioned did everything they could and performed very very well so much so all the top clubs came sniffing around, Cesc created a hatful and scored a few, RVP scored a hatful....so that's my logic.

The players we've rewarded have done precious little so the case is totally different.

Meh what does it matter, end of the world today lol's.

Cripps_orig
21-12-2012, 01:09 PM
You really are a weird dude

fakeyank
21-12-2012, 04:29 PM
You really are a weird dude

Gervinho's Forehead
22-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Arsenal away fans getting a £10 gift voucher handed to them as they go through the turnstiles at wigan to spend at The Emirates.

Class. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Arsenal away fans getting a £10 gift voucher handed to them as they go through the turnstiles at wigan to spend at The Emirates.

Class. :bow:

Bout time they did something for the fans.

GP
22-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Martin Keown wrote this measured, well thought-out piece about defending at set-pieces...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2251907/Martin-Keowns-boot-room-Marouane-Fellaini-headbutt-wrong-sly-Ryan-Shawcross-defence.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

All very reasonable stuff.

The best part of it , though, is the reaction it sparked, which is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=204623

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Martin Keown wrote this measured, well thought-out piece about defending at set-pieces...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2251907/Martin-Keowns-boot-room-Marouane-Fellaini-headbutt-wrong-sly-Ryan-Shawcross-defence.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

All very reasonable stuff.

The best part of it , though, is the reaction it sparked, which is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=204623

Monkey headed ****.

:haha: Stoke fans so classy.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:23 AM
One of the greatest players of all time – Holland legend Johan Cruyff – has revealed why Arsenal would be crazy to get rid of Arsene Wenger.

Cruyff has given the Gunners boss solid backing and says the Arsenal board would be mad to even consider parting company with the Frenchman.

“Wenger will ALWAYS bring the club back to the top,” said Cruyff, who is credited by Pep Guardiola for establishing the La Masia academy at Barcelona, which *produced Lionel Messi, Xavi *Hernandez and *Andres Iniesta.

“There is one *unwritten law at the highest level of football.

“And that is that all the big clubs, which have become the biggest and most established names in world *football, have been built on a strong philiosophy of long-term managers.

“They have *developed talented players at the club and bought players to fit the style of the existing players.”

Wenger has come under fire after his team’s indifferent start to the *season, which *included the shock Capital One Cup exit at lowly Bradford.

And they have made their worst start to a Premier League season, leading Gunners fans to turn on Wenger.

But Cruyff has particular praise for Wenger’s Arsenal side of the 90s. They are part of a rich history, which also included the *Manchester United side of the 1960s under Sir Matt Busby, the Ajax team of the 70s under Rinus Michels, AC Milan in the 80s and, currently, *Barcelona.

Sir Alex *Ferguson was also *mentioned – with Wenger – for the *success he has brought to Old Trafford over 25 years.

“I have so much respect for the football vision and philosophy at *Manchester United and *Arsenal,” said Cruyff. “Both clubs have had the same manager for 15 or 25 years. Alex Ferguson is not only the man who makes sure he *performs miracles and keeps *trophies flowing in.

“He – in my eyes – is also the *symbol of values Manchester United stands for. In the same breath, I speak about Arsene Wenger.

“People do not realise the *achievement of this manager at *Arsenal.

“I find it *incredible that *Arsenal have stayed at the *highest level of *European *competition and *England under his management without ever ending up in debt.

“I cannot remember red figures at Arsenal over the last 15 years. How many clubs in Europe can say they have qualified for the Champions League for 16 *consecutive seasons under the same management? Arsene Wenger has put his life and soul into Arsenal.

“In 15 years, I have not seen him make any *irresponsible *purchases in the transfer *market.

“That is why the work of Arsene Wenger at *Arsenal is the prime example for every club in *Europe.

“I cannot even imagine the board or the fans would ever think for a moment of putting Arsene’s position in doubt.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/johan-cruyff-on-why-arsenal-should-never-1502106

Guess he don't read GW then.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Cruyff :haha:

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Just realised a possible 10 games of ours in a row might be televised.

We already had 3

Sky and ESPN :lol:

Globalgunner
23-12-2012, 08:27 AM
All these chumps who are not fans all talk the same crap. Would he be happy if Barca or Ajax went 8 years without winning anything. Would he be trumpeting keep the manager. If Wenger is so great he should try his magic hat somewhere else. There might be a vacancy at Madrid come the end of this season. Pundits always talk benign crap. None of them ever say what they really think, Only what would be most palatable and cause less damage to their reputations.

Özim
23-12-2012, 01:15 PM
All these chumps who are not fans all talk the same crap. Would he be happy if Barca or Ajax went 8 years without winning anything. Would he be trumpeting keep the manager. If Wenger is so great he should try his magic hat somewhere else. There might be a vacancy at Madrid come the end of this season. Pundits always talk benign crap. None of them ever say what they really think, Only what would be most palatable and cause less damage to their reputations.
Totally agree, at Barca Cruyff wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes without winning, Ajax too wouldn't have put up with it, it seems we're the only big club that does.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:17 PM

You mean the guy who said he be happy if his team did not win a trophy as long as they played the way barca do, then yes he would.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Easy to say that when youre winning stuff

Özim
23-12-2012, 01:18 PM
You mean the guy who said he be happy if his team did not win a trophy as long as they played the way barca do, then yes he would.
He'd have been out of job though so I doubt he's have been happy being sacked.

Özim
23-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Name me 1 other big club where a manager would last 7+ years if they won nothing and constantly bottled opportunities like we have. You won't be able to because other than us they don't exist.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:22 PM
He'd have been out of job though so I doubt he's have been happy being sacked.

No he would not, he is not the manager at Barca.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Name me 1 other big club where a manager would last 7+ years if they won nothing and constantly bottled opportunities like we have. You won't be able to because other than us they don't exist.

Its a hard one, because most big clubs win stuff. So its not something we'd ever know tbh. And with managers Changing clubs every few years you'd never find out.

Özim
23-12-2012, 01:27 PM
No he would not, he is not the manager at Barca.
If he was in charge of a top football club yes he would, we were referring to Barca and Ajax anyhow because the team he currently manages isn't a proper team and can't take part in competitions.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Catalonia :lol:

Özim
23-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Its a hard one, because most big clubs win stuff. So its not something we'd ever know tbh. And with managers Changing clubs every few years you'd never find out.
The reason they change managers is because the manager isn't delivering generally, so that kinda answers the question. Yes you're right most big clubs do win stuff because that's the aim for big clubs, other than us that is.

Don't hear the pundits talking about that when they refer to how healthy and well run our club is, I always thought success was measured on the pitch in football, not off it.

Özim
23-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Catalonia :lol:
:lol: I don't see the point in being manager of them when all they can play is friendlies!

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:38 PM
The reason they change managers is because the manager isn't delivering generally, so that kinda answers the question. Yes you're right most big clubs do win stuff because that's the aim for big clubs, other than us that is.

Don't hear the pundits talking about that when they refer to how healthy and well run our club is, I always thought success was measured on the pitch in football, not off it.

Lets be honest though Wenger is there for Sentimental reasons and for what he has done. Not sure the new manager will be given such time, but with this board you never know.

And to Answer your main question, no not 1 manager would last and this is why if Wumger went to a Madrid you'd see him spending like never before, He'd have to win that season, not down the line. End of the day its what your employers accept.

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 07:59 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/merry-christmas-from-arsenal-football-club-

Never thought id see the day our songs would actually sound decent but now i have. This is how the fans should sing it during match days rather than the crap way

Master Splinter
29-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Wenger on changing the offside rule:

“Where you would maybe make an amendment is where you are not offside [if you are in] line [with] a defender. If one part of your body which you can score with is in front, then you are offside. If your head is a little bit in front, you are offside. I would change that.”
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-officiating-has-improved-radically

Master Splinter
29-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Not that some trinket given to you by an anachronism is worth much more than a Smash Hits award, but good to see Patrice being recognised for his excellent career:

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Pat Rice has been awarded an MBE in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List.

Rice, who left his role as assistant manager at the end of last season after a 44-year association with Arsenal, is to receive an MBE in the New Year as a result of his services to sport.

Rice has a rich history with Arsenal Football Club, having first joined as a youth team player back in 1964. A Northern Ireland international right back, he was a Double winner in 1971 and captained the side to FA Cup glory in 1979. In total, he made 528 appearances for Arsenal across 14 seasons.

After a spell with Watford between 1980 and 1984, Rice returned to Arsenal as a youth team coach, winning two FA Youth Cups in 1988 and 1994. He took up a senior coaching role as assistant manager when Arsène Wenger joined in 1996. In this role, he helped guide the Club to seven major honours, including Doubles in 1998 and 2002, three Premier League titles and four FA Cups.

Rice said: “I’m delighted and honoured to be receiving an MBE. The news of the award came as a complete surprise and I’m just so flattered to be included in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List.

“Football and Arsenal have been my life and I have so many fantastic memories during my career. I have been lucky to have played and worked with so many great individuals, and through hard work I have enjoyed some success along the way.

“It has been a privilege to have represented Arsenal Football Club for more than forty years, a great club with great values. I am also proud to have represented my country on many occasions, and also a special mention to Watford Football Club, who I enjoyed a short spell with as well.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped me throughout my career, and importantly, a special thank you to all my family, who have always been there for me and supported me throughout my career.”
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/pat-rice-receives-mbe-in-honours-list

Patrice :bow:.

Bould :haha:.

Wenget with some +1s:

On learning of the news of Rice’s MBE, Wenger said: “I am absolutely delighted because if someone deserves it, it's Pat Rice.

"He had 100 per cent genuine commitment to Arsenal every single day and you respect that when you see that from someone. Pat Rice is someone you could go to war with, and you would love to be in the trenches with him. These are very difficult qualities to find in modern society and I am delighted that Pat is being rewarded.

"Pat is an Arsenal legend and a great human being. We’re all so proud and happy for Pat and his family.”

Can you be participating in modern warfare and be in the trenches? It is possible.

Gervinho's Forehead
29-12-2012, 07:28 PM
We're on target for 5th with 66 points! :scarf:

milla
30-12-2012, 12:57 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibxsXTsT2Ms4LQ.gif

Sick fuk! :coffee:

Özil's Panoramic View
30-12-2012, 01:10 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibxsXTsT2Ms4LQ.gif

Sick fuk! :coffee:

Bloody ****s, the lot of you :haha:

Grebbo
03-01-2013, 04:22 PM
This is quite a cool video. Hopefully players like Ramsey can do what Lampard went on to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ctWS52IA_JY

Marc Overmars
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Weirdly I said in the pub the other night that Ramzi could actually be our Honest Frank. If you watch whenever we counter, he's always the one busting a gut to join the attack and maybe latch onto something. One of the very few who actually bother infact.

He's obviously a million miles behind Honest Frank at the moment but I do think he's similar in style.

Gervinho's Forehead
03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Aaron will turn out to be much better than jack. You heard it here first.

Joker
03-01-2013, 04:47 PM
True he does seem to have excellent fitness and stamina, and despite being a relatively poor finisher makes some decent runs into the box. However, he does need to seriously work on the technical side of his game. He takes far too long to make a decision when in possession which leads to him losing the ball or having to rush to release the ball, therefore squandering possession more often than not.

Marc Overmars
03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
True he does seem to have excellent fitness and stamina, and despite being a relatively poor finisher makes some decent runs into the box. However, he does need to seriously work on the technical side of his game. He takes far too long to make a decision when in possession which leads to him losing the ball or having to rush to release the ball, therefore squandering possession more often than not.

He's Welsh and should therefore stop pretending he can play Football. He's a World Cup doubles player who's only aim should be to run and take pot shots.

Bale knows the score.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-01-2013, 04:54 PM
He's Welsh and should therefore stop pretending he can play Football. He's a World Cup doubles player who's only aim should be to run and take pot shots.

Bale knows the score.

Top post

Kano
03-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Weirdly I said in the pub the other night that Ramzi could actually be our Honest Frank. If you watch whenever we counter, he's always the one busting a gut to join the attack and maybe latch onto something. One of the very few who actually bother infact.

He's obviously a million miles behind Honest Frank at the moment but I do think he's similar in style.
one thing with ramsey is he never hides or shirks responsibility. if he misses one pass, he's there to miss the next one too. no seriously, he does give his all when on the pitch, even in recent times that has not been much at all. i'm still of the belief that he will develop into a fine player, box to box with very good technical ability but only once he stops going hollywood and trying too hard.

Gervinho's Forehead
03-01-2013, 05:27 PM
one thing with ramsey is he never hides or shirks responsibility. if he misses one pass, he's there to miss the next one too. no seriously, he does give his all when on the pitch, even in recent times that has not been much at all. i'm still of the belief that he will develop into a fine player, box to box with very good technical ability but only once he stops going hollywood and trying too hard.

I agree.

Syn
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
But you can say all that for Gervinho too. He never stops trying either but he just has zero composure. Ramsey is still young but he needs to get a grip pretty quickly if he's going to make it at the highest level. He has a top footballing brain as far as I can see, but his legs don't go the same pace as his brain tells them to and what we get as a result is a bunch of over-ambitious fuck ups.

milla
03-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Ramsey and Gervinho are both shit :good:

Özil's Panoramic View
03-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Aaron will turn out to be much better than jack. You heard it here first.

:haha: :haha:

IBK
03-01-2013, 10:05 PM

I agree.

Seconded. The Fat Frank comparison is an interesting one.

BlindFaith_8
03-01-2013, 10:46 PM
'Arsenal buy Messi!' That's the only transfer headline Gooners want to read moans Wenger

Arsene Wenger claims Arsenal CANNOT sign unknowns in the transfer market - because the fans are demanding Lionel Messi.

The Gunners come up against the bargain of the season in the FA Cup third round on Sunday when they face Swansea's Michu - who cost just £2million from Rayo Vallecano last summer but is the Premier League's top scorer.

But Wenger says Gooners would not accept him making such a bargain-basement deal in the current winter window.

The Frenchman is under pressure to buy big and says the days when he could unearth hidden gems are gone.

Wenger built his reputation at Arsenal on uncovering Nicolas Anelka, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor and turning them from bit-part players into stars.

However, his recent track record when trying to buy players on the cheap has often been a disaster, as the likes of Marouane Chamakh and Sebastien Squillaci and Gervinho, who has been hugely disappointing for £11m, have failed to blossom.

“It’s very difficult. Because the level of expectation is very high,” said Wenger. “Because people want to come here and they want to see Lionel Messi.

“They don’t want to see a promising guy.

"First of all, the name gives hope. When a guy has no name, people are already sceptical. So it’s much more difficult for us.

“We had heard of him (Michu). He was a guy who disappeared a little bit. He was in clubs where he was bombed out and so you always think, ‘OK, he doesn’t make it there why should he make it here?

“But he has done extremely well. He looks as well it is not accidental what he is doing. He is a really good player.

“You needed to know really deeply the market in Spain to do that.

"Swansea manager) Michael Laudrup did that because he worked there in Spain and he has connections there. We have quite good connections in Spain as well, but Michu is one who never came to my attention.”

Wenger is looking to strengthen this month and admits that his scouts are under pressure to deliver quality players who can help maintain Arsenal’s push for the top four.

Chief scout Steve Rowley is one of the most respected talent-spotters in the game, former player Gilles Grimandi is Arsenal’s man in France while transfer fixer Dick Law is the man charged with getting contracts and deals sorted.

Rowley has spent much of the season in Germany, with Wenger admits they are looking beyond his homeland.

The Gunners boss says Schalke midfielder Lewis Holtby, who's set to be out of contract at the end of the season, is on his radar.

Arsenal are also targeting the Japanese market.

But Wenger says the market has changed dramatically since he first arrived in English football in 1996 and brought over the likes of Patrick Vieira and Emmanuel Petit.

Wenger said: “The competition is higher on the scouting front. That is for sure.

"The country where we were really, really competitive was France. They produce less players than they did 10, 15 years ago - at top, top, top level - in France.

“The emerging countries now to produce players look to be Germany and Spain, and they have many good young players. They have taken over.

“When you look at the results of France against Germany at Under-17s, Under-16s, in the last few years - 4-0, 4-1 [to Germany]. That shows the trend in the coming years will be more in favour of the Germans.

"We have looked at him (Holtby), yes - we have played against him.

“We keep our scouts on alert and the quality of the scouting is linked with that. We have some other clubs who are doing very well and sometimes when you are at a big club your scouts are a bit more cautious because they think, ‘Oh, it is Arsenal, it has to be a top-four player.’

“So naturally they are less looking at players who play at smaller clubs. That is what Swansea can afford to do.

"You are always scared that he is a player who does not do well - the scouts are looked at as responsible.”

Wenger confirmed he was interested in Demba Ba, and did make checks on the Chelsea-bound Newcastle striker, but was put off because he already has a player of his type in Olivier Giroud.

That means that if Arsenal do sign a forward in the winter window, it will be a different type of player - Atletico Madrid’s Adrian Lopez could fit the bill.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-fans-only-want-signings-1516401

Injury Time
03-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Japan :ilt:
Spain scouting gone to shit
thought Holby Blue orwhsteverhisfuckinameis was signing pre-contract agreement with spurs :sick:
God need to stop reading WUMger statements :banghead:

-Xs-
03-01-2013, 11:46 PM
I give Ramsey the benefit of the doubt because Wenger keeps playing him as a winger. He looks generally gash, but I find it hard to know whether that's his true form.

As to the above, no one is asking for Messi. That's just a Strawman from Wenger. What the fans expect is that if we are promised super, super, super quality, we get it. Not complete shit players like Chamakh, Gervinho, Santos, etc.

Gervinho's Forehead
04-01-2013, 12:42 AM
‘For us it was either Giroud or Demba Ba’

Well you sure fucked up there wenger didn't ya? But that doesn't suprise me.

-Xs-
04-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Neither as good as RvP. What an awesome bit of business that was...:coffee:

Cripps_orig
04-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Tbf we had to sell RVP for footballing reasons so potential replacements saw those reasons and declined

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-01-2013, 01:15 AM
wenger has had the luxury of the most patient fans in the world but all he does is constantly disrespect us.

off yer go.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
I only edited the post instead of putting my own one in. :lol:

Anyway I'll post it again:

Wenget did actually mention signing Messi only a few weeks ago.

Also, WUMger strawman is in full effect here, you really don't need to have delved in to the 'Spanish market' to know about Michu, just watching La Liga regularly would've been enough. Same for De Guzman.

Joker
04-01-2013, 09:56 AM
He always brings up the Messi argument as a convenient strawman that he then proceeds to destroy. No one is asking for Messi, just good quality, experienced players who can come in and perform on a consistent basis to at least a relatively high level.

Gervinho's Forehead
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
wenger has had the luxury of the most patient fans in the world but all he does is constantly disrespect us.

off yer go.

He gets more disrespectful to the fans by the day.

GP
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm asking for Messi.

Letters
04-01-2013, 10:28 AM
we need a Messi finish.

*giggles*

GP
04-01-2013, 10:29 AM
In and around the box?

Letters
04-01-2013, 10:32 AM
I heard he lobbed Seaman once.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-01-2013, 11:40 AM
15th December 2012:
He added: "What do you call big [in terms of a signing]?

"We will buy Lionel Messi in January and surprise you!"

3rd January 2012:
[...]people want to come here and they want to see Lionel Messi.

http://i47.tinypic.com/23hubz4.jpg

Boss
04-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Well you sure fucked up there wenger didn't ya? But that doesn't suprise me.

Giroud: 9 goals in 15 starts, 6 assists, French league winner, will only get better.

Ba: 13 goals in 20 starts, 0 assists, potential crock.

Giroud actually has a better goal contribution this season than Ba (in a team that barely crosses the ball) but let's not let that get in the way of your whining. :coffee:

Gervinho's Forehead
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Giroud: 9 goals in 15 starts, 6 assists, French league winner, will only get better.

Ba: 13 goals in 20 starts, 0 assists, potential crock.

Giroud actually has a better goal contribution this season than Ba (in a team that barely crosses the ball) but let's not let that get in the way of your whining. :coffee:

Don't worry I won't. :D

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-01-2013, 02:23 PM
:lol: whining.

almost as pointless as dining.

Ollie the Optimist
04-01-2013, 03:14 PM
ba has dodgy knees. they seem to hold up at newcastle, but if we signed him, he would never play,

plus he had 5 agents apparently, demadning about 7.5 million in fees alone, would have doubled his price

AKBapologist
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
15th December 2012:

3rd January 2012:

http://i47.tinypic.com/23hubz4.jpg

Falcao :pray:

fakeyank
04-01-2013, 03:30 PM
ba has dodgy knees. they seem to hold up at newcastle, but if we signed him, he would never play,

plus he had 5 agents apparently, demadning about 7.5 million in fees alone, would have doubled his price

What is the source of this?

Joker
04-01-2013, 04:24 PM
What is the source of this?

Gunnerblog mentioned it on twitter I think.

Kano
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM

i've read a few articles on the past 6 months mentioning some sort of 'secret' held by newcastle about his knees etc.

as he didn't pass his medical at stoke and newcastle, i wonder if he did at chelsea. it makes sense that he is looking for as much money as poss as he prob knows he'll be a goner in a couple of years.

Özim
04-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Gunnerblog mentioned it on twitter I think.
So it wasn't the second cousin of the uncle of the sister of his wife's friends brother then? That's a relief.

LDG
04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
So it wasn't the second cousin of the uncle of the sister of his wife's friends brother then? That's a relief.

Nah. He's only 2 years old.

GP
04-01-2013, 10:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_zBfpNCIAEvJ19.jpg

Keith
04-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Quick save the picture for when he signs for united!

Özil's Panoramic View
04-01-2013, 10:49 PM
i've read a few articles on the past 6 months mentioning some sort of 'secret' held by newcastle about his knees etc.

as he didn't pass his medical at stoke and newcastle, i wonder if he did at chelsea. it makes sense that he is looking for as much money as poss as he prob knows he'll be a goner in a couple of years.

Must be rueing that he never really got a chance to come here.

GP
05-01-2013, 01:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_zyfdwCEAAo9_x.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_zyvKBCUAADliu.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_zysCKCQAEdGNm.jpg

GP
05-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Alleged kits for next season.

All 3 look really good, imo.

Though some people will say they look shit just like every year.

BlindFaith_8
05-01-2013, 02:11 AM
The 3rd kit looks like the french fcuking national team kit, the first two only have slight changes, I havent bought an Arsenal shirt in about 5 years, too costly if you ask me.

Boss
05-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Me likey.

Gooner23
05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Not normally a fan of Addidas kits, but those are better than any of the chelski or pool ones.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-01-2013, 10:38 AM
that white kit is fucking sick.

in fact they are all fucking sick blud.

Marc Overmars
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
It's very PSG.

Maestro
05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
How much is the new Adidas kit sponsorship deal worth per year to us and how long is it for, if anyone knows?

LDG
05-01-2013, 11:54 AM
125 million over 5 years.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-01-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't think it's been officially announced yet.

But probably about £20m over 4/5 years.

LDG
05-01-2013, 11:59 AM
I was pretty close with my guess then.

Me :bow:

Maestro
05-01-2013, 12:40 PM
That's decentish, any front-loading on the deal?

Gervinho's Forehead
05-01-2013, 12:49 PM
that white kit is fucking sick.

in fact they are all fucking sick blud.

Arsenal kits are supposed to be red and white and yellow and blue.

Oh and fuck Adidas, much prefer Nike.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-01-2013, 12:55 PM

Arsenal kits are supposed to be red and white and yellow and blue.

Oh and fuck Adidas, much prefer Nike.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sick

Ralpheroo72
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Would normally buy them all, but I wont be buying as long as we have the current people in charge.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_zyfdwCEAAo9_x.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_zyvKBCUAADliu.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_zysCKCQAEdGNm.jpg

Gervinho's Forehead
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sick

Oh, you were using chav speak.

I think the original meaning of the word sick is the one that applies here.

Gervinho's Forehead
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
I don't think it's been officially announced yet.

But probably about £20m over 4/5 years.

Should be able to buy a smallish yacht for that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
that figure and other deals are highly contingent on us getting 4th and champions league revenue.

if we dont you can forget about companies giving us top money.

for a board that seems to be so on point with finances they're taking a very high risk approach.

4th is a big ask this year.

KSE Comedy Club
05-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Those kits are awesome, much better than nikes recent efforts.

GP
05-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I hope they're real.

I especially like the home shirt.

Marc Overmars
05-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Away one is my fav.

Don't particuarly like the navy strip across the home one.

Grebbo
05-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Away one is my fav.

Don't particuarly like the navy strip across the home one.

Same. Lose the navy strip.

GP
05-01-2013, 02:26 PM
The white one is apparently the away kit, blue is the 3rd kit.

Kano
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
i like them i guess but not sure about that band in the middle.

Ollie the Optimist
05-01-2013, 03:00 PM
there are some rumours on twitter that alex song is set to leave barcalona at the end of the season.

well that worked out well didnt it. idiot :coffee:

GP
05-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Alyaksandr Song :haha:

Gervinho's Forehead
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Not really Arsenal related news is it tbf :coffee:

Boss
05-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Sign him up, tbh.

cricketsi
05-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Hate Adidas kits, always plastering their 3 stripes everywhere, taking over the whole thing. Those kits look shit to me.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Hate Adidas kits, always plastering their 3 stripes everywhere, taking over the whole thing. Those kits look shit to me.

Finally! Someone else that doesn't like them! :hug:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-01-2013, 01:00 AM
erm i dont really know where to put this

but song was voted the worst signing in la liga in a recent poll

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Grebbo
06-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Song is shit. A couple of chipped passes to the best striker in the league and everyone starts wanking over him.

We hardly miss him and wouldn't miss him at all if we had someone better than Arteta as a holding midfielder.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 02:11 AM
Song is shit. A couple of chipped passes to the best striker in the league and everyone starts wanking over him.

We hardly miss him and wouldn't miss him at all if we had someone better than Arteta as a holding midfielder.

I agree! Song was/is very overated.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 02:20 AM
He's a bit shit but he's better than Arteta

Boss
06-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Like Flamini, Song was better in our system than for other teams but hasn't really been given a chance to play there.

Think Modric has been the worst signing in the league by some distance, imho... :lol:

Letters
06-01-2013, 09:58 AM
He made 14 assists last year which isn't bad. He was a bad signing for Barca simply because he's not good enough for them. But nor are any of our midfield. Nor are most of the mid-fielders in the Premiership, that says more about Barca than it does them.
He's not shit, neither is he Barca quality. There is quite a big middle ground in between those two extremes.

Ollie the Optimist
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
so arsenal have made our replay against swansea at catergory b game, meaning tickets are more expensive then when we played swansea in december which was a catergory c game.

****s

Grebbo
07-01-2013, 01:58 PM
He made 14 assists last year which isn't bad. He was a bad signing for Barca simply because he's not good enough for them. But nor are any of our midfield. Nor are most of the mid-fielders in the Premiership, that says more about Barca than it does them.
He's not shit, neither is he Barca quality. There is quite a big middle ground in between those two extremes.

He was assisting the most clinical striker in the league though who scores from nothing. Be interesting to see what his assist stats would be like with a normal striker playing for us.

Ok he's not shit, that was too strong a word to use, and I agree it's no disgrace not to get into that Barca team (Fabregas).

I don't think we miss Song at all though. I just wish we had a decent holding midfielder because Arteta is not the answer.

Fist of Lehmann
07-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Really?

Last year he was our leading assister and constantly broke forward with the ball.
This year we often struggle to create chances, look static in midfield and seem unable to break the lines.

Coincidence?

Not only that, he was the only physical presence we had in midfield.
100 tackles, 66 interceptions and 73 fouls in the league goes a long way toward breaking up the opponent's play.

He could also play at centreback do not forget.

It's fine to question his quality, but I don't think you can really question his influence. Had we replaced him we wouldn't be missing him now. But we didn't, so we do.

Xhaka Can’t
07-01-2013, 03:20 PM
so arsenal have made our replay against swansea at catergory b game, meaning tickets are more expensive then when we played swansea in december which was a catergory c game.

****s

It is not that Arsenal want to cash in. It is all about maintaining the allure of the FA Cup. An allure that would have been tarnished by putting it in Category C territory.

We are single handedly ensuring the mystique of the Cup.

Marc Overmars
07-01-2013, 03:23 PM
He was assisting the most clinical striker in the league though who scores from nothing. Be interesting to see what his assist stats would be like with a normal striker playing for us.

Ok he's not shit, that was too strong a word to use, and I agree it's no disgrace not to get into that Barca team (Fabregas).

I don't think we miss Song at all though. I just wish we had a decent holding midfielder because Arteta is not the answer.

Song isn't the greatest player we've ever had but he was a solid all round midfielder. Liked to put his foot in and also join in (very effectively) with the attacks.

Compare Ramzi and Song and it's a no contest.

Cripps_orig
07-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Song isn't the greatest player we've ever had but he was a solid all round midfielder. Liked to put his foot in and also join in (very effectively) with the attacks.

Compare Arteta and Song and it's a no contest.
Just corrected your little mistake there

Marc Overmars
07-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Just corrected your little mistake there

There is that as well.

Fist of Lehmann
07-01-2013, 03:32 PM
It is not that Arsenal want to cash in. It is all about maintaining the allure of the FA Cup. An allure that would have been tarnished by putting it in Category C territory.

We are single handedly ensuring the mystique of the Cup.

Arsenal Football Club - Reassuringly Expensive.

Grebbo
07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Really?

Last year he was our leading assister and constantly broke forward with the ball.
This year we often struggle to create chances, look static in midfield and seem unable to break the lines.

Coincidence?

Not only that, he was the only physical presence we had in midfield.
100 tackles, 66 interceptions and 73 fouls in the league goes a long way toward breaking up the opponent's play.

He could also play at centreback do not forget.

It's fine to question his quality, but I don't think you can really question his influence. Had we replaced him we wouldn't be missing him now. But we didn't, so we do.

We miss RVP, we don't miss Song. Song in our current team would create fuck all.

Fist of Lehmann
07-01-2013, 04:19 PM
We miss RVP, we don't miss Song. Song in our current team would create fuck all.

And as I said, he wasn't only about providing bullets.

Not only are not creating chances this year, we are at times conceding the majority of the possession.

Everything is connected.

Grebbo
07-01-2013, 04:58 PM
And as I said, he wasn't only about providing bullets.

Not only are not creating chances this year, we are at times conceding the majority of the possession.

Everything is connected.

Well you need to post the possession stats with and without Song so we can compare them.

I seem to remember us being very exposed last season and the season before with Song as the holding midfielder.

Gooner23
07-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Arsenal Football Club - Reassuringly Expensive.

Can't believe this. Was thinking of going to this as assumed tickets would be cheaper than normal.

Absolute pisstakers they really are.

GP
07-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Song never played as a defensive midfielder.

Grebbo
07-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Who said he did?

Fist of Lehmann
07-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Well you need to post the possession stats with and without Song so we can compare them.

I seem to remember us being very exposed last season and the season before with Song as the holding midfielder.

Unfortunately I don't have those. Overall we are down on average possession compared to last year (-1.5%).

GP
07-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Who said he did?

Goonersweb.

Ollie the Optimist
07-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately I don't have those. Overall we are down on average possession compared to last year (-1.5%).

after the newcastle game i saw this stat. compared to this time last year we have scored more goals and conceded less. so while we might be down on possession, we have still scored more.

SayNoMore
07-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Possession is overrated. Counter attacking football is far more dangerous and exciting to watch which with ox theo and pod we could do.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Possession is overrated. Counter attacking football is far more dangerous and exciting to watch which with ox theo and pod we could do.

In Arsenal terms, yes it's overrated. But not when it wins you everything almost every season a la Barca.

Cripps_orig
07-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Tbf Barcas style of football is boring as fuck. Best team ever in most people's opinion is theReal team of last year which broke all kinds of record and the football they played was counter attacking fast placed enjoyable brilliant football.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Tbf Barcas style of football is boring as fuck. Best team ever in most people's opinion is theReal team of last year which broke all kinds of record and the football they played was counter attacking fast placed enjoyable brilliant football.

:haha: you are fecking good, you know?

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Guardiola said today that he intends on coaching a team next year but he does not yet know where (I wanted to bump the thread of what manager we would want to replace Wenger but coudn't find it).

In any case, :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
07-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Time for Pep to come home.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 07:33 PM
With Falcao hidden in his pocket.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Guardiola needs to come home.

Boss
07-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Guardiola needs to prove himself with a harder project than Barcelona before he can be trusted with a club that needs serious work like ours.

GP
07-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Guardiola needs to prove himself with a harder project than Barcelona before he can be trusted with a club that needs serious work like ours.

We'll stick with Wenger, then.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Guardiola needs to prove himself with a harder project than Barcelona

Which is why he's perfect for us.

Come home, please :pray:

Boss
07-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Until Wenger stops qualifying for the CL, yes, we should stick with him.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 07:46 PM

That sound like you want to appoint someone to cure all the ills from boardroom down. Isn't that the problem in the first place, one person wielding so much influence?

Boss
07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
That sound like you want to appoint someone to cure all the ills from boardroom down. Isn't that the problem in the first place, one person wielding so much influence?

I believe that Pep's greatest work as manager was done in his first season, when he got rid of the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco etc and won the treble the next year. He also had a bit of luck (Messi's emergence as a consistent threat which only grew over time) but he was left with probably the greatest collection of talent the world has ever seen over the next few years and (admittedly) won most of what he could. He's never really had a huge setback to deal with - the first, last season where they won nothing of note saw him run off to New York, and he's also presided over quite a few fuckups (most notably Ibrahimovic).

I believe it's harder to not win the league were you in charge of such talent as he had in Barcelona (which to me is shown by Tito's seamless transition as new manager) and he's not yet shown himself capable of achieving the work required to turn us into challengers again (both being astute in the transfer market as well as a few major tactical reshuffles).

Özim
07-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Let's not forget Rijkaard had a fair amount of success with Barca before Guardiola, it's not too hard to achieve success when you have such good players at your disposal, though the style of play of course is something he did develop well.

Personally though I wouldn't want us to play the short passing type of football, we tried and it was boring as hell, counter attacking is where it's at if you want excitement.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I believe that Pep's greatest work as manager was done in his first season, when he got rid of the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco etc and won the treble the next year. He also had a bit of luck (Messi's emergence as a consistent threat which only grew over time) but he was left with probably the greatest collection of talent the world has ever seen over the next few years and (admittedly) won most of what he could. He's never really had a huge setback to deal with - the first, last season where they won nothing of note saw him run off to New York, and he's also presided over quite a few fuckups (most notably Ibrahimovic).

I believe it's harder to not win the league were you in charge of such talent as he had in Barcelona (which to me is shown by Tito's seamless transition as new manager) and he's not yet shown himself capable of achieving the work required to turn us into challengers again (both being astute in the transfer market as well as a few major tactical reshuffles).

That's not really answering my question.

Anyway though, one of the first things he did (well I say first things it was a few games in to 08/09) was put Messi in that mainstay role, which wasn't exactly the most obvious move to do with Henry and Eto'o still there. Nobody made him bring in Busquets and Pedro but he did it. Why? Because he worked with them at the B levels. Did it work? Yes, immensely so.

Tito doing well doesn't show up Guardiola as being lucky at all - he was Guardiola's assistant. It's fairly safe to assume he's not going to rock the boat (though there have been some differences). Saying he ran off to New York is asanine, he was one of Barcelona's longest ever serving coaches and he was only appointed in 2008. He always maintained that if he felt the players were not responding to hearing the same things again and again in the same way, he would leave before it becomes terminal. I think knowing when to let go is probably one of the qualities most people have been crying out with regards to Wenger, isn't it?

It sounds like you want the perfect candidate (and to win trophies immediately given you say we should just stay with Wenger until we don't make the Champions League), which I am guessing could only possibly be Mourinho.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Let's not forget Rijkaard had a fair amount of success with Barca before Guardiola, it's not too hard to achieve success when you have such good players at your disposal, though the style of play of course is something he did develop well.

Personally though I wouldn't want us to play the short passing type of football, we tried and it was boring as hell, counter attacking is where it's at if you want excitement.

The team Rijkaard had success with had quite a few differences in personnel to the one in 08/09 and very different to the one that Guardiola had success with in 10/11 (compare Champions League final starting XI's).

Özim
07-01-2013, 08:20 PM
The team Rijkaard had success with had quite a few differences in personnel to the one in 08/09 and very different to the one that Guardiola had success with in 10/11 (compare Champions League final starting XI's).
Yes I agree but he didn't develop Barca's youth team, he was lucky enough to have players come through who were top quality (not least Messi who is an extraordinary player), he did have the core of a winning team that he simply added a few expensive signings to.

His acheivements were very good, but I think they need to be put in perspective a little bit.

I think the problem with Barca's style of play is that it can be nullified by good organised teams, just as Chelsea did several times to them (Barca won one they were fortunate to win), Barca have top players and their style works very well for them, I wouldn't want to see him trying to reproduce it with inferior players though (which invariably they will be) as we'll end up with another post 2006 AW Arsenal.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Guardiola was heavily involved with Barcelona B in fairness, it also helped that his stature as a player is such that players are going to be receptive to him with immediacy.

We can put anybody's achievements in to perspective but you would surely take him over Wenger in a straight choice, in a heartbeat? And I ask that without meaning to sound your qualms about Guardiola's abilities as a coach are any less valid.

Barca's style can be nullified (what teams can't) but those instances are going to be very rare, especially as I do think they are a bit more direct this season.

Özim
07-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Yes I'd take him over Wenger for sure because first and foremost it's clear winning is important to him, the style of play however worries me. Barca are an exceptional side with exceptional players, we won't be seeing that here as we don't have the players or the kind of money to bring those players in, take Messi out of the Barca team and suddenly they don't look quite as good.

Counter attacking gives you much more flexibility and a great margin for error IMO.

KSE Comedy Club
07-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Until Wenger stops qualifying for the CL, yes, we should stick with him.

So that'll be the end of this season then?

Thank fuck for that!

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes I'd take him over Wenger for sure because first and foremost it's clear winning is important to him, the style of play however worries me. Barca are an exceptional side with exceptional players, we won't be seeing that here as we don't have the players or the kind of money to bring those players in, take Messi out of the Barca team and suddenly they don't look quite as good.

Counter attacking gives you much more flexibility and a great margin for error IMO.

I would doubt he would try and replicate Barcelona over here to such a precise degree, I don't think he is that close-minded. In any case, Wenger tries to adhere to a Barcelona template but I don't think we do many of the things that they do anyway, aside from pass it well, without even accounting for comparisons of talent.

Barcelona weren't afraid of counter-attacking, or at least what seems like counter-attacking with the speed they move the ball at. I'm not sure it's something you can really set your stall out as your main tactic, over here, just coach for it when the opportunities arise.

GP
07-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Does anyone watch the Fans Forum?

Some mouth-breather has just phoned in with this gem...

'I wanted to talk about the transfer window, right, wot we should do, right, is sign some decent players'

Pro tip right there.

Boss
07-01-2013, 08:48 PM
That's not really answering my question.

Anyway though, one of the first things he did (well I say first things it was a few games in to 08/09) was put Messi in that mainstay role, which wasn't exactly the most obvious move to do with Henry and Eto'o still there. Nobody made him bring in Busquets and Pedro but he did it. Why? Because he worked with them at the B levels. Did it work? Yes, immensely so.

Tito doing well doesn't show up Guardiola as being lucky at all - he was Guardiola's assistant. It's fairly safe to assume he's not going to rock the boat (though there have been some differences). Saying he ran off to New York is asanine, he was one of Barcelona's longest ever serving coaches and he was only appointed in 2008. He always maintained that if he felt the players were not responding to hearing the same things again and again in the same way, he would leave before it becomes terminal. I think knowing when to let go is probably one of the qualities most people have been crying out with regards to Wenger, isn't it?

It sounds like you want the perfect candidate (and to win trophies immediately given you say we should just stay with Wenger until we don't make the Champions League), which I am guessing could only possibly be Mourinho.

Although A&W covered some of my thoughts above, basically I think the level of control Wenger has is impossible to shake given how the club is setup (a board that is either unwilling to participate in on pitch matters or knows nothing about football (Kroenke, Gazidis) unlike the 'holy' partnership of Wenger and Dein, so until we get something like that we have to stick with Wenger and the level of control he has.

For us to be successful, it's quite a long shot as in our league we're dealing with two teams that can comfortably outspend us (Chelsea, Citeh) and also the best manager football has ever seen (ManU). No other manager in world football has really had to deal with the problems we have (remain competitive on a budget) apart from ManU and I truly believe Ferguson is so far ahead of the rest that he's the only manager I think would 'guarantee' us success if he come in as a straight swap. For the other managers in world football, even the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho haven't really had to deal with financial constraints Wenger has - if he made some of the fuckups those two have (Ibrahomovic, Chygrynskiy, Caceres etc - even for Mourinho, who has made some errors such as SWP, del Horno, Boulahrouz).

I believe Wenger has made (on average) less mistakes than those managers have but we have a smaller margin for error in terms of replacing them so if we fuck up we have to stick with such players (a la Arshavin, Gervinho) unless someone takes them off our hands. Essentially, I don't think anyone apart from Ferguson or a tactical whizkid could see us win the Premiership in its current climate - Mourinho would improve us tactically for sure, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to turn us into competitors without the ability to massively spend to fix our deficiencies.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I thought the financial constraints excuse was sent packing already. Didn't Wenger spend something like 50 mil after the United embarrassment last season?

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Although A&W covered some of my thoughts above, basically I think the level of control Wenger has is impossible to shake given how the club is setup (a board that is either unwilling to participate in on pitch matters or knows nothing about football (Kroenke, Gazidis) unlike the 'holy' partnership of Wenger and Dein, so until we get something like that we have to stick with Wenger and the level of control he has.

For us to be successful, it's quite a long shot as in our league we're dealing with two teams that can comfortably outspend us (Chelsea, Citeh) and also the best manager football has ever seen (ManU). No other manager in world football has really had to deal with the problems we have (remain competitive on a budget) apart from ManU and I truly believe Ferguson is so far ahead of the rest that he's the only manager I think would 'guarantee' us success if he come in as a straight swap. For the other managers in world football, even the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho haven't really had to deal with financial constraints Wenger has - if he made some of the fuckups those two have (Ibrahomovic, Chygrynskiy, Caceres etc - even for Mourinho, who has made some errors such as SWP, del Horno, Boulahrouz).

I believe Wenger has made (on average) less mistakes than those managers have but we have a smaller margin for error in terms of replacing them so if we fuck up we have to stick with such players (a la Arshavin, Gervinho) unless someone takes them off our hands. Essentially, I don't think anyone apart from Ferguson or a tactical whizkid could see us win the Premiership in its current climate - Mourinho would improve us tactically for sure, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to turn us into competitors without the ability to massively spend to fix our deficiencies.

Do you think that Wenger will still be at the club regardless of who is next to be appointed? I do get that impression that would be the case personally and would be shocked if we didn't end up appointing Stojkovic.

I think the amount of money that will be coming in to the club next season, even not accounting for the Champions League shortfall (though I think we'll qualify again) is such that there will be more than enough to at least make us far more competitive than we have been before, of course, the likelihood that chance is taken is rather slim but still, the possiblity is greater than before.

I don't want to go on too much about transfer stinkers because all managers will have them, especially as Barcelona (and Real Madrid) will have a President making transfer proclamations so often (and of course wielding influence over transfers anyway) but it also doesn't account for the ability to correct the many coaching deficiencies we have which I am sure you will have noted in that long list you talked about right at the start of the conversation; the parts that should not need multiple sums of money to patch up.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2013, 09:02 PM

'I wanted to talk about the transfer window, right, wot we should do, right, is sign some decent players'

Pro tip right there.

'Arry. :bow:

Kano
07-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I thought the financial constraints excuse was sent packing already. Didn't Wenger spend something like 50 mil after the United embarrassment last season?
how much did we sell the previous season?

Özil's Panoramic View
07-01-2013, 09:28 PM
how much did we sell the previous season?

Doesn't matter really.... Point is, Wenger could have made better buys with what is available. Everyone and their dogs knew we weren't good enough barring Wenger, whose eyes were only opened after a soul sucking loss to the Mancs. 11th hour shopping and a pile of more dross was what we got for 50 mil.

This season we sold 2 players, bought 3, yet still we're more shit than last season.

But then, he just might scrape 4th place again, delivering glory to those who label those of us who want more as glory hunters.

Xhaka Can’t
07-01-2013, 09:29 PM

Pro tip right there.

It took me ages to get through their rigorous screening process.

Kano
07-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Doesn't matter really.... Point is, Wenger could have made better buys with what is available. Everyone and their dogs knew we weren't good enough barring Wenger, whose eyes were only opened after a soul sucking loss to the Mancs. 11th hour shopping and a pile of more dross was what we got for 50 mil.

This season we sold 2 players, bought 3, yet still we're more shit than last season.

But then, he just might scrape 4th place again, delivering glory to those who label those of us who want more as glory hunters.
i couldn't care less about that boring discussion we've all had a million times.

you said the financial prudence excuse was washed up by us spending so much.

that's what i responded to.

-Xs-
07-01-2013, 10:30 PM
It took me ages to get through their rigorous screening process.

:lol:

Can you be our manager?

Fist of Lehmann
08-01-2013, 12:12 PM
i couldn't care less about that boring discussion we've all had a million times.

you said the financial prudence excuse was washed up by us spending so much.

that's what i responded to.

We made a profit overall. We could have spent more but Gazibis came out with line about keeping our powder dry or some such PR BS.

Kano
08-01-2013, 12:25 PM
We made a profit overall. We could have spent more but Gazibis came out with line about keeping our powder dry or some such PR BS.
exactly. we may have splurged but it was on the back of big outgoings.

the financial restriction excuse is here to stay for quite some time.

Fist of Lehmann
08-01-2013, 12:52 PM
exactly. we may have splurged but it was on the back of big outgoings.

the financial restriction excuse is here to stay for quite some time.

The scarier thing is the possibility that someone somewhere figured we'd be alright without spending the extra £26.5m (Dos Santos 6.2, Arteta 10, Per 7.6, Park 2.7, YFB Loan).

£50m was the entire window spend.

Ollie the Optimist
08-01-2013, 05:33 PM
city havnt managed to sell out their 2000 seat allocation for sunday so the tickets are on sale to us now.

city - small club, shit fans

McNamara That Ghost...
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
It's to do with the price of the tickets, I believe.

Grebbo
08-01-2013, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't pay £62 to go either. Madness

Ollie the Optimist
08-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't pay £62 to go either. Madness

perhaps though if they and chelsea hadnt upped the market by paying stupid money to players in wages and transfers, then clubs wouldnt have to charge more in ticket pricing to keep up.

Kano
08-01-2013, 08:25 PM
perhaps though if they and chelsea hadnt upped the market by paying stupid money to players in wages and transfers, then clubs wouldnt have to charge more in ticket pricing to keep up.
oh yes they would

Özim
08-01-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't think the two are related, we're a money making club and that's what we're interested in, if it means screwing over the fans so be it. Just look at our ticket prices in relation to clubs that actually win stuff and actually spend money on quality players.

IBK
08-01-2013, 08:36 PM

Alex Song set to be released by Barca after one season?
Posted on December 20, 2012 by admin
Is Alex Song going to be struck by the jinx that seems to destroy many ex-Arsenal players careers after the leave Arsene Wenger’s side? It is being reported that the Cameroonian is expected to leave the Nou Camp this summer after starting only six games so far this season, and falling out of favour with new boss Tito Vilanova.

Song was quite unimpressive many times this season and doesn’t seem to fit into their free-flowing system,epecially when he played in Barca’s embarrassing defeat by Celtic in Scotland during the Champions League Group Stages, and according to the Spanish sports paper AS, he is also happy to leave the Catalan club.

They claim that Song has been talking to the French giants PSG, who are now readying an approach to Barcelona at the end of the season if the 25 year-old is continually sidelined by Vilanova. Perhaps Song will get to play more often if he joins Paris St Germain and can recapture the excellent form he had with Arsenal, or will his career suddenly hit a brick wall like what happened to Alexandre Hleb, Mathieu Flamini, Emmanuel Adebayor and countless others.

Will they never learn………..

Interesting

Ollie the Optimist
08-01-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't think the two are related, we're a money making club and that's what we're interested in, if it means screwing over the fans so be it. Just look at our ticket prices in relation to clubs that actually win stuff and actually spend money on quality players.

the only club we can compare too who win stuff is united. chelsea and city, we can't. they could make all their games free and not worry a thing about loss of revenue because the money doesnt matter.

Özim
08-01-2013, 08:38 PM
It's to do with the price of the tickets, I believe.
They're probably wondering why they pay peanuts to watch a trophy winning team but have to pay sky high prices for a dogshite team who've won nothing in years.

Özim
08-01-2013, 08:40 PM
the only club we can compare too who win stuff is united. chelsea and city, we can't. they could make all their games free and not worry a thing about loss of revenue because the money doesnt matter.
We can compare them because the owners still want money coming in from the gates they could charge the highest prices as they have a legitimate reason for doing so, success and transfer spending.....we simply don't.

It's like going to McDonalds but paying the same as you would for dinner at the Fat Duck.

Grebbo
08-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Yeah cos we're really keeping up aren't we

Maestro
08-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Eating at Maccy D's and paying Fat Duck prices ....like the analogy

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Interesting

is that even a surprise? who was it that said he would be in ligue 2 within 3 years?

he was the boss man here because he grew up here. it was his home. he had a manager who believed in him and fans that loved him. at barca he's instantly their worse player and by some margin too. their fans will never accept him because he's automatically seen as a B grade player. hopefully it puts barca off in the future when it comes to taking our players.

LDG
09-01-2013, 09:46 AM

That isn't their fans fault though, is it. And their own tickets are cheaper, despite.

Fair play to them.

Letters
09-01-2013, 09:50 AM
That isn't their fans fault though, is it. And their own tickets are cheaper, despite.

Fair play to them.
City and Chelsea don't need to raise prices to fund their infinite money cheat, they have sugar-daddies to do that.
They wouldn't break even if they charged a million pounds a ticket* so they don't deserve any credit (and that sentence could end right there) for not raising prices.

* - not actually true.

LDG
09-01-2013, 09:54 AM
City and Chelsea don't need to raise prices to fund their infinite money cheat, they have sugar-daddies to do that.
They wouldn't break even if they charged a million pounds a ticket* so they don't deserve any credit (and that sentence could end right there) for not raising prices.

* - not actually true.

That wasn't my main point. More a side issue...and I take your own point on the matter.

It ain't the Citeh fans fault, however retarded they may be.

£62 is a fucking rip off.

Letters
09-01-2013, 10:01 AM
No, it's not City's fans fault.
We deserve criticism for upping our prices so much, City and Chelsea don't deserve any credit for not doing the same. They don't need to.
We do need to although when my hard ( well, sort of :lol:) earned money is going into the pockets of players like Gerhinho and Chammakh, it does grate somewhat.

Going to suggest to dad we don't renew next year, that £1500 a year could go on a very nice holiday and we can still go here and there with red memberships and via various contacts. I'd pay £1500 a year to watch Bergkamp and Henry. This lot, not so much.

GP
09-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Giroud's face alone is worth the entry fee :loveblush:

Joker
09-01-2013, 10:08 AM
It's misleading to assume that our prices are so exorbitant purely because of City's spending. We've had high ticket prices for a very long time, well before the Sheikh took over. And in any case, it's not as if our wage bill is actually low is it? Dross gets paid so much that we're unable to off-load them. You can argue we're only paying these players such wages because of City distorting the market, but like I said in the Match thread we did pay Sol Campbell £100K back in 2001, so no club is whiter than white.

City's owners have played a part yes, but the people who own our club know that football fans' loyalty makes it very easy to raise prices without a significant fall in demand, especially given our supporters in general are more affluent than those in the North and Midlands (however this then prices out the less well off). If City and Chelsea didn't get taken over, we'd still see ticket price inflation significantly above general inflation.

GP
09-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Sol's wage was artificially high because of the huge signing-on fee. We don't even pay anyone that much now.

Özim
09-01-2013, 11:29 AM

* - not actually true.
Realistically though the owners still want money back on their investment so they're basically charging what they think is a fair price, unlike us so they do deserve some credit....they could just rip off the fans as well (and would have a better case to do so than us).

Letters
09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't think they do. Abramovic is NEVER going to get his money back, nor are the people who own City.
I don't think they care. They've got more money than God, they're playing a real-life game of fantasy football, having a bit of fun.
'Cos they can.