PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Ollie the Optimist
10-12-2013, 06:20 PM
this is possibly the best picture of Podolski. ever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHv81h3CUAAPTKo.jpg

Maestro
10-12-2013, 06:20 PM
:haha:

One of us :bow:

Grinch Munchies for your Christmas name btw

Maestro
10-12-2013, 06:21 PM
this is possibly the best picture of Podolski. ever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHv81h3CUAAPTKo.jpg

something little bit mental about the lad tbf

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-12-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.givemesport.com/409328-manchester-united-fan-switches-allegiance-to-arsenal?autoplay=on&utm_source=outbrain-rss&utm_medium=outbrain-rss&utm_campaign=outbrain-rss

Charlie's back :bow:

Maestro
10-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Charlie's back :bow:

Maestro
10-12-2013, 10:09 PM
keane & paddy on itv4 now

Marc Overmars
10-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Keane had his number.

Just saying.

GP
10-12-2013, 10:26 PM
:lol:

No

Munchies
10-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Napoli hotel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbKDkvaIYAAXyUD.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
10-12-2013, 11:09 PM
To Vieira: Did he intimidate you?

No, he excited me. :unsure:

Marc Overmars
10-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Quite a good retrospective look back, shame there aren't really any battles like that in the game anymore.

There's a show on Dids as well.

Hope ITV 4 have more shows like these coming up.

Munchies
10-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Quite a good retrospective look back, shame there aren't really any battles like that in the game anymore.

There's a show on Dids as well.

Hope ITV 4 have more shows like these coming up.

Ever since the foreign owners like Roman/Sheikhs came in and we stagnated, it pretty much ended our duels with United.

I really enjoyed them, and the game we had last month actually had an old United game aura to it. Albeit we played shit, and lost to a shit team managed by a shit manager, but I felt we could've won it.

Hopefully they end up getting relegated under Moyes , but whenever we played United, I was genuinely excited and nervous and scared :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-12-2013, 04:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SCNLyPY.gif

Munchies
11-12-2013, 08:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SCNLyPY.gif

:wacko:

Munchies
11-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Henry will be a pundit for Sky tonight, and they're having a vote on his best goal, with a vid of their top 10 on the page:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9065721/thierry-henry-watch-his-best-goals-and-vote-for-your-favourite

:bow:

Just watched it, man .... :crying:

GP
11-12-2013, 09:28 AM
He's good, but he's no Kolo Toure

:BONBON:

Munchies
11-12-2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWAtovPSFv8

ICYMI, other parts here:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ543CwQXprC8ruOvZM7WLw/videos

Özim
11-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Really enjoyed the Vieira Keane show, makes me feel even more sure Wenger was wrong to sell him, he was Arsenal through and through and as he proved he still a few good years left. Interestingly he picked Petit in his best team which I agree with, him and Petit were the best CM we ever had, they complimented each other perfectly.

Would love Vieira to come back one day, one of my favourite players of all time.

Vieira :bow:

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Forget Paddy, especially when you read his recent comments about us lacking leaders and the ability to win ugly.

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 01:48 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9065721/thierry-henry-watch-his-best-goals-and-vote-for-your-favourite

True legend!

Syn
11-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Forget Paddy, especially when you read his recent comments about us lacking leaders and the ability to win ugly.

Quite a lot of our ex players hardly seem to watch Arsenal play. I doubt Vieira feels much of an arsenal connection given his role with Man City. And the fact that he wanted to fuck off every summer. Incredible, rare player but not an Arsenal man as far as I can see.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2013, 02:02 PM
He's a legend but yeah I don't think he's an Arsenal man, not in the same way Henry, Adams etc are.

Özim
11-12-2013, 02:09 PM
He said he wanted to finish his career at Arsenal and was surprised to be sold. I reckon he was an Arsenal man.

So he's at Man City, so what, he has to work somewhere and players don't always work for clubs they support or love.

He said the same in that program about us being able to win when we play well (said the same about the sides he played in) but not when we didn't, I don't think we should look into that too deeply.

BOBN
11-12-2013, 02:09 PM
People are allowed to criticise the team you know, plus he was talking about the last 8 years as a collective. Anyway it remains to be seen if this current team has any leaders or can win ugly. You dont deserve praise for struggling against mediocre clubs like Southampton at home just because you struggled.

Most interesting thing he said is Llungberg wasnt comfortable on the ball but made up for it with his movement/runs. Food for thought for the Walcott naysayers and football snobs who want 11 tiki-takis in the team.

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 02:16 PM
People are allowed to criticise the team you know, plus he was talking about the last 8 years as a collective. Anyway it remains to be seen if this current team has any leaders or can win ugly. You dont deserve praise for struggling against mediocre clubs like Southampton at home just because you struggled.

Most interesting thing he said is Llungberg wasnt comfortable on the ball but made up for it with his movement/runs. Food for thought for the Walcott naysayers and football snobs who want 11 tiki-takis in the team.

What about Dortmund?

The criticism is fine, I just wouldn’t hold him up as an Arsenal man. If he wanted to finish his career here he shouldn’t have kept on flirting with other clubs every summer and let’s not forget those stinging comments about his own team mates.

Wenger has been showing Theo old Freddie tapes. I just think he's better off playing as a striker or on the left at least. We played in a different way back then.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2013, 02:25 PM
He said he wanted to finish his career at Arsenal and was surprised to be sold. I reckon he was an Arsenal man.

So he's at Man City, so what, he has to work somewhere and players don't always work for clubs they support or love.

He said the same in that program about us being able to win when we play well (said the same about the sides he played in) but not when we didn't, I don't think we should look into that too deeply.

He only wanted to stay once the door to his move to Real Madrid closed. He slaughtered the team at one point as well and this was when we had a decent side who had been successful.

Not bothered about his job at City, I just don't feel the same way about him as I do with other legends.

Maestro
11-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Q: What is Wenger's greatest strength?
A: Complete trust he places in players to go out there and make the right decisions

Q: What is Wenger's biggest weakness?
A: That same trust is also a weakness, because sometimes players need direction and a kick up the arse sometimes

Paddy

BOBN
11-12-2013, 02:36 PM
What about Dortmund?
Ok i'll give you that one.

And with the joint XI, Vieira insisted Ronaldo and Henry had to be in it, fought for Pires and Cole, but with Bergkamp? :tumbleweed: And Keane didnt even entertain the idea of him getting into a joint side.

People need to accept that Bergkamp is a fan favourite and thats it. Hes our Steve Bull.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-12-2013, 02:40 PM
At the end, Vieira said Bergkamp had to be in it, then Keane said the same about RVN. Please stop making things up to try and get someone drawn in, it's so tedious now.

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Q: What is Wenger's greatest strength?
A: Complete trust he places in players to go out there and make the right decisions

Q: What is Wenger's biggest weakness?
A: That same trust is also a weakness, because sometimes players need direction and a kick up the arse sometimes

Paddy

That’s true. It’s why project youth was a disaster and probably why our defensive record was so poor. Seems like we’re on our way to getting that right this season.

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Ok i'll give you that one.

And with the joint XI, Vieira insisted Ronaldo and Henry had to be in it, fought for Pires and Cole, but with Bergkamp? :tumbleweed: And Keane didnt even entertain the idea of him getting into a joint side.

People need to accept that Bergkamp is a fan favourite and thats it. Hes our Steve Bull.

You don't rate Bergkamp? You serious?

BOBN
11-12-2013, 02:45 PM
At the end, Vieira said Bergkamp had to be in it, then Keane said the same about RVN. Please stop making things up to try and get someone drawn in, it's so tedious now.
Whispering after the credits have rolled is not "saying he had to be in it". You see how he fought for Cole?

Bergkamp isnt that player. Hes not the Arsenal figurehead some people make him out to be.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Whispering after the credits have rolled is not "saying he had to be in it". You see how he fought for Cole?

Bergkamp isnt that player. Hes not the Arsenal figurehead some people make him out to be.

That's ITV's choice of how to end the show, not Vieira's. And Vieira says explicitly he had to be in, not just some hear say I've made up.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-12-2013, 02:52 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

BOBN
11-12-2013, 02:53 PM
You don't rate Bergkamp? You serious?
Of course hes a good player but Keane said it at the end, and its probably the feeling of neutrals. "He doesnt fly".

His peak was terrific, 97-99. Apart from that im not too fussed about him as a player tbh.

Master Splinter
11-12-2013, 02:56 PM
BOBN is on a roll.

Big fan of BOBN's rolls me.

BOBN
11-12-2013, 03:00 PM
That's ITV's choice of how to end the show, not Vieira's. And Vieira says explicitly he had to be in, not just some hear say I've made up.
The team had been decided. Be real it was a token gesture.

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Of course hes a good player but Keane said it at the end, and its probably the feeling of neutrals. "He doesnt fly".

His peak was terrific, 97-99. Apart from that im not too fussed about him as a player tbh.

Okay.:rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-12-2013, 03:06 PM
The team had been decided. Be real it was a token gesture.

Yes, the team that will never exist. Co-constructed by a managerial team that will never exist either. :lol:

GP
11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
BOBN is on a roll.

Big fan of BOBN's rolls me.

Bonbon rolls :bow:

BOBN
11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Okay.:rolleyes:
Did you watch him in his peak? I think maybe some of the newer fans didnt really see him deciding games during those 2 years so are just happy with any old tiki-taka he produced in his later years.

In fact he was a favourite of mine while he was at Inter where he supposedly flopped, loved watching him as a boy.

I criticise him because I love him.

Dein-machine
11-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Did you watch him in his peak? I think maybe some of the newer fans didnt really see him deciding games during those 2 years so are just happy with any old tiki-taka he produced in his later years.

In fact he was a favourite of mine while he was at Inter where he supposedly flopped, loved watching him as a boy.

I criticise him because I love him - if this can be true I'll be over the moon, it'll mean my wife loves me after all - you said earlier that you were'nt to fussed with him as a player

BOBN
11-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Arsenal Football Club has announced that Josh Kroenke has been appointed as a non-executive director.
Announcing the appointment, Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick said: “We are delighted to welcome Josh Kroenke to the board of Arsenal. He has great experience in running sports organisations and brings extensive knowledge of what is required to succeed as we develop our Club for the future.”
Yeah bringing in somebodys son is really gonna give us an edge in the market. :sick:

Watch us sign a 70 year sponsorship deal with Nike for 2 bob and a sack of tracksuits now.

Xhaka Can’t
11-12-2013, 03:55 PM
PV: sell me
AFC: no.
AFC: no
AFC: oh, ok then
PV: I wish they hadn't sold me.

Dein-machine
11-12-2013, 04:02 PM

Those were the days - when we said NO to selling our best players

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 04:30 PM

this is a threat from him about leaving in 2002 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-55834/Vieiras-Highbury-feud-turns-ugly.html

this is an interview of him saying that his one regret is he didn't leave us to go join madrid in 2004 http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Patrick-Vieira-admits-he-should-have-quit-Arsenal-sooner-than-he-did-to-join-Real-Madrid-Exclusive-interview-article401449.html

now he is legend and superb player in our history but an arsenal man? not in the slightest. there are more interviews from him saying he wanted to leave then wanted to stay. kind of tells you everything you need to know. he was not an arsenal man nor was this another mistake from AW selling him. he spent years trying to leave

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 04:34 PM
also Vieiras comments about leadership were correct up until 2013. this year, we have the most points in england, we've produced some brilliant results when people didn't expect us too (dortmund, bayern, spurs, liverpool) to name four. we overcame 7 point gap to beat spurs when we were down and out.

this year we have leaders everywhere in our squad. Szcesney, BFG, Sagna, Flamini, Arteta, Vermaelen, Giroud, Ramsey, Wilshere.

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 04:53 PM

Indeed I did. Fantastic player and I strongly disagree with you. No point in arguing about it.

BOBN
11-12-2013, 04:53 PM
also Vieiras comments about leadership were correct up until 2013. this year, we have the most points in england, we've produced some brilliant results when people didn't expect us too (dortmund, bayern, spurs, liverpool) to name four. we overcame 7 point gap to beat spurs when we were down and out.

this year we have leaders everywhere in our squad. Szcesney, BFG, Sagna, Flamini, Arteta, Vermaelen, Giroud, Ramsey, Wilshere.
They will prove whether or not the have leadership qualities in the spring of 2014 and not a moment before.

Power n Glory
11-12-2013, 05:00 PM

He's full of shit!

BOBN
11-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Ronaldo, Henry, Vieira...

All the best players in the league, the ones sought by Real/Barca have all looked to move on.

The ones not good enough or just not wanted stayed.

Its as simple as that really.

United fans dont have a beef with Ronaldo and neither should we.

Syn
11-12-2013, 05:10 PM
We don't have any beef with him. We don't have any beef with Wright or Adams either. But if they talk shit, we'll comment on it.

GP
11-12-2013, 05:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbOKciCIgAATiaX.jpg

Özim
11-12-2013, 08:38 PM

Actually everything was agreed in 2005 and he turned the move down.

Besides works two ways, the club has been happy to flog players when it suited them as well, no loyalty in football.

Özim
11-12-2013, 08:44 PM
this is a threat from him about leaving in 2002 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-55834/Vieiras-Highbury-feud-turns-ugly.html

this is an interview of him saying that his one regret is he didn't leave us to go join madrid in 2004 http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Patrick-Vieira-admits-he-should-have-quit-Arsenal-sooner-than-he-did-to-join-Real-Madrid-Exclusive-interview-article401449.html

now he is legend and superb player in our history but an arsenal man? not in the slightest. there are more interviews from him saying he wanted to leave then wanted to stay. kind of tells you everything you need to know. he was not an arsenal man nor was this another mistake from AW selling him. he spent years trying to leave

Well yeah because we flogged him the following year to Inter, he could have gone to the biggest club in the world had he known we wanted rid.

You guys are so bitter towards an Arsenal legend, loved the guy and still do don't have a bad word to say against him.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Well yeah because we flogged him the following year to Inter, he could have gone to the biggest club in the world had he known we wanted rid.

You guys are so bitter towards an Arsenal legend, loved the guy and still do don't have a bad word to say against him.

yeah so him wanting to leave every where and threatening it is fine but as soon as he actually does leave, we flogged him? ok then.

also, heres a direct quote from him
“There were years when Arsene said to me: ‘No, you are not leaving’,” Vieira added. “When in 2005 there was an offer from Juventus, I was in the Bahamas. When I came back, Arsene said to me: ‘There is an offer from Juve, what do you want to do?

so he was asked what he wanted to do, and he left. clear arsenal man there.

we arent bitter towards him at all, nobody is, but as Syn says, if says something we disagree with, we call him up on it.

Özim
11-12-2013, 10:22 PM
yeah so him wanting to leave every where and threatening it is fine but as soon as he actually does leave, we flogged him? ok then.

also, heres a direct quote from him

so he was asked what he wanted to do, and he left. clear arsenal man there.

we arent bitter towards him at all, nobody is, but as Syn says, if says something we disagree with, we call him up on it.

He never left did he?

Actually he said in the show last night he wanted someone at Arsenal to show him they wanted him to stay, they didn't so he agreed to leave. Arsenal had already accepted the offer which says it all really.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 10:24 PM
He never left did he?

Actually he said in the show last night he wanted someone at Arsenal to show him they wanted him to stay, they didn't so he agreed to leave. Arsenal had already accepted the offer which says it all really.

he never left? why the fuck was he playing for juventus in 2006 then?

also any particular reason why you are completely ignoring the fact that he said they asked him what he wanted to do AND HE CHOSE TO LEAVE?

Özim
11-12-2013, 10:27 PM
he never left? why the fuck was he playing for juventus in 2006 then?

also any particular reason why you are completely ignoring the fact that he said they asked him what he wanted to do AND HE CHOSE TO LEAVE?

Because we wanted to sell him, so he didn't stick around.

I watched the show last night, he talked about it, he said he left because noone at the club came to him to try and persuade him to stay on, we'd accepted the offer and that's a clear indication to a player that a club is happy to see him leave. I'm not ignoring the quote, I heard it from the horse's mouth last night, you should watch it.

Prefer to go by words I can see a player speak as opposed to a random quote.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Because we wanted to sell him, so he didn't stick around.

I watched the show last night, he talked about it, he said he left because noone at the club came to him to try and persuade him to stay on, we'd accepted the offer and that's a clear indication to a player that a club is happy to see him leave. I'm not ignoring the quote, I heard it from the horse's mouth last night, you should watch it.

Prefer to go by words I can see a player speak as opposed to a random quote.

opposed random quote? right read those two interviews i posted earlier. then tell me that he really fought to stay. his biggest regret is not leaving a year earlier. how the fuck can you argue he is an arsenal man and wanted to stay from that?

amazing how you blame the club for not fighting to keep him but completely let him off the hook despite trying to leave every year. he even admitted the deal was done with madrid but he backed out not because he wanted to stay but because he was worried he wouldn't get enough attention. contradicting yourself as always ximm

LDG
11-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Fucksake Oli

GP
11-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Paddy tried to leave every year for about 5 years.

He then complained that we didn't sell him to the club he wanted.

End of.

Goodnight.

Özim
11-12-2013, 10:32 PM
opposed random quote? right read those two interviews i posted earlier. then tell me that he really fought to stay. his biggest regret is not leaving a year earlier. how the fuck can you argue he is an arsenal man and wanted to stay from that?

amazing how you blame the club for not fighting to keep him but completely let him off the hook despite trying to leave every year. he even admitted the deal was done with madrid but he backed out not because he wanted to stay but because he was worried he wouldn't get enough attention. contradicting yourself as always ximm

Once again, I don't need the quote he talked about it in the show, I heard him say it that's enough for me.

He said it was his regret but only because we sold him a year later, understandable, I'd have been p*ssed off if I'd turned down a move to the biggest club in the world only to be sold off a year later.

Again he didn't leave though did he though, he spent what nine years with us, the he left when we didn't want him anymore and just chucked him away.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Once again, I don't need the quote he talked about it in the show, I heard him say it that's enough for me.

He said it was his regret but only because we sold him a year later, understandable, I'd have been p*ssed off if I'd turned down a move to the biggest club in the world only to be sold off a year later.

Again he didn't leave though did he though, he spent what nine years with us, the he left when we didn't want him anymore and just chucked him away.

so because he said something last night on tv that you saw, all other interviews that he has given automatically become redundant? ok then

he spent 9 years with us, but for the last 4 he threatened to leave every summer. he even had a deal with madrid and stayed not because he wanted to but because his ego wouldn't be massaged. are you going to ignore that too?

Özim
11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
so because he said something last night on tv that you saw, all other interviews that he has given automatically become redundant? ok then

he spent 9 years with us, but for the last 4 he threatened to leave every summer. he even had a deal with madrid and stayed not because he wanted to but because his ego wouldn't be massaged. are you going to ignore that too?

Well yes because when someone says something and you see them saying it then it's fair to say it's the real story (unless they're a compulsive liar of course which he clearly isn't), noone has re-hashed it or changed it slightly or taken it out of context.

Did he leave even though he could have (Real move was done and dusted, he turned it down btw)? No he didn't not until it suited us to cast him aside. That's loyalty for you, so is 1 year contracts for over 30's who have played for the club for years.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Well yes because when someone says something and you see them saying it then it's fair to say it's the real story (unless they're a compulsive liar of course which he clearly isn't), noone has re-hashed it or changed it slightly or taken it out of context.

Did he leave even though he could have (Real move was done and dusted, he turned it down btw)? No he didn't not until it suited us to cast him aside. That's loyalty for you, so is 1 year contracts for over 30's who have played for the club for years.

yeah because tv can't edit programs to suit their agendas either can they? ive taken a quote where he says that arsenal asked him what he wanted to do? how can that be spun to say kicked him out? he was asked what he wanted to do, and he chose to leave

also how is it loyalty when the reason for not leaving is that you wouldn't get your ego massaged as much as he would over here?

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Fucksake Oli

It's just like the good old days.

Where we all wanted to kill ourselves.

Özim
11-12-2013, 10:47 PM
yeah because tv can't edit programs to suit their agendas either can they? ive taken a quote where he says that arsenal asked him what he wanted to do? how can that be spun to say kicked him out? he was asked what he wanted to do, and he chose to leave

also how is it loyalty when the reason for not leaving is that you wouldn't get your ego massaged as much as he would over here?

I saw him say it, I don't need quotes from god knows who, taken out of who knows what context etc etc.

He said he chose to stay when the deal with Madrid was done, then the following year he wasn't even thinking of leaving and wanted to finish his career at Arsenal, Arsenal contacted him told him they'd accepted an offer from Juve, noone tried to convince him to stay, thus because noone made an effort he felt he wasn't really wanted and moved on, totally understandable.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2013, 10:50 PM
I saw him say it, I don't need quotes from god knows who, taken out of who knows what context etc etc.

He said he chose to stay when the deal with Madrid was done, then the following year he wasn't even thinking of leaving and wanted to finish his career at Arsenal, Arsenal contacted him told him they'd accepted an offer from Juve, noone tried to convince him to stay, thus because noone made an effort he felt he wasn't really wanted and moved on, totally understandable.

so you don't need a quote from vieira himself? ok then

why should arsenal fight to keep a guy who tried to leave several seasons running. he clearly wasn't 100% committed. i know you will ignore this any way but he is a quote from vieira again on his madrid move

It was complicated at Madrid,” Vieira recalled. “I was suspicious. The lack of recognition for Makelele over there scared me. I was scared it would happen to me. But I should have gone there. Today I don’t regret the career that I have had but if I could have changed one thing, it would be that. To go to Madrid.”

now thats the words of a man who wanted to stay at us for loyalty

Özim
11-12-2013, 10:52 PM
so you don't need a quote from vieira himself? ok then

why should arsenal fight to keep a guy who tried to leave several seasons running. he clearly wasn't 100% committed. i know you will ignore this any way but he is a quote from vieira again on his madrid move

now thats the words of a man who wanted to stay at us for loyalty

No, not when I've seen him explain the whole thing :lol:

Why didn't they sell him the season before in that case? Clubs get rid of players when it suits them, don't play the moral card as the club doesn't have a leg to stand on on that score.

Dein-machine
12-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Wumger got rid of Viera because our medical staff thought his legs were fucked. A good move for good money but then Wumger forgot to replace him & the rest is history.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
He replaced him with Diaby.

Whose legs are perfectly fine.

Dein-machine
12-12-2013, 10:37 AM

:ilt:

Letters
12-12-2013, 10:54 AM

:(

Özim
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Wumger got rid of Viera because our medical staff thought his legs were fucked. A good move for good money but then Wumger forgot to replace him & the rest is history.

Wasn't really good money though in reality, what was it £13.75 million which is peanuts, he was also outstanding at the 2006 World Cup where he was one of the best midfielders so he wasn't past his best.

What bugs me the most is how little we got for him and how we didn't replace him.

Marc Overmars
12-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Cisc replaced him in a way and with that basically changed our style of play.

Dein-machine
12-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Correct - it also changed our trophy challenge.

Özim
12-12-2013, 11:11 AM

Yeah but he was already at the club, plus in reality there was no need to change our style of play, it was great to watch, effective and we won plenty with it, changing our style of play was an odd thing to do and hasn't reaped any rewards. Kinda surprised we haven't reverted back to be honest.

Never understood the change of style thing to be honest, why change a winning formula, seemed kind of an odd thing to do.

Dein-machine
12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Huge difference between Viera's days & now is this "need" for a defensive midfielder. Viera & Petite could play in attacking roles, both had engines to get up & down but they had a defence they could trust. We had the magic formula, a quality finsher who ran defences ragged, a provider with ultimate awareness & quality with the ball, 2 central midfielders who battled hard & were quality passers, 2 wide players who got in behind the defences, took us forward & kept full backs busy defensively.
Now we have 1 striker who is not a quality finsher, nor does he run defences ragged. We don't have anyone in the Bergkamp role ( Ozil could do it but we keep playing him wide ), we don't have any natural wide players without Theo.
Having Henry & Bergkamp upfront with Pires & Freddy wide meant we played with 4 guys that hardly defended at all. Attack is the best form of defence.

BOBN
12-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah but he was already at the club, plus in reality there was no need to change our style of play, it was great to watch, effective and we won plenty with it, changing our style of play was an odd thing to do and hasn't reaped any rewards. Kinda surprised we haven't reverted back to be honest.

Never understood the change of style thing to be honest, why change a winning formula, seemed kind of an odd thing to do.
Think its because tika-taka player are cheap. You can go to any Balitic state and get a Rosicky, Hleb, Arteta or Wilshere for 7 million. Lightweight, tidy players.

You try getting a technical player who is physically capable, one with thrust or power. A Henry, Pires, Ronaldo...even a Lukaku, Yaya Toure, Ballack. Theres no messing about anymore pricewise, no blagging or bargains. You have to pay proper money. I mean Lukaku cost 18 mill when he'd done dick all, because anybody can see that a physical-technical player is going to be a player regardless of systems and all that nonsense.

Wenger prefers the interchangeable 7million types these days. It seems an economic decision.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Our possible fixture list:

Bayern Munich/Atletico Madrid/Real Madrid/Barcelona or PSG (a)
Tottenham (a)
Chelsea (a)
CL QF 1st Leg.
Man City (h)
Everton (a)
CL QF 2nd Leg.

Somebody is having a sick laugh at our expense. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dnaimages/boards/images/all_emoticons/f_grr.gif

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Just goes to prove.... tougher tests to come.

Marc Overmars
12-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Annual February/March collapse. :rose:

Xhaka Can’t
12-12-2013, 03:32 PM

LDG
12-12-2013, 03:38 PM

Tottenham (a)
Chelsea (a)
CL QF 1st Leg.
Man City (h)
Everton (a)
CL QF 2nd Leg.

Somebody is having a sick laugh at our expense. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dnaimages/boards/images/all_emoticons/f_grr.gif

:sick:

AFC Leveller
12-12-2013, 03:47 PM
How shit is jenkinson? looks out of his depth every time i see him and gives the ball away needlessly.

Sagna cannot come back soon enough.

fakeyank
12-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Tottenham (a)
Chelsea (a)
CL QF 1st Leg.
Man City (h)
Everton (a)
CL QF 2nd Leg.

We do not need to worry about the highlighted games

milla
12-12-2013, 05:12 PM

Tottenham (a)
Chelsea (a)
CL QF 1st Leg.
Man City (h)
Everton (a)
CL QF 2nd Leg.

Insyaallah we will do well, amen :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
12-12-2013, 07:18 PM
We do not need to worry about the highlighted games

Are you over for the Round of 16?

fakeyank
13-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Are you over for the Round of 16?

Perhaps..

:getcoat:

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2013, 02:53 AM
Perhaps..

:getcoat:

No, I don't think so. 3K miles is the minimum safe distance you need to observe, if you care anything about the club.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Watched Henry on the Champions League coverage. He was very good tbf.

I've read that BBC, BT and Sky have been trying to tap him up now for further appearances. :lol:

Syn
13-12-2013, 12:27 PM
*raise eyebrows, deep inhale and look away* Well maybeyouknow.

LDG
13-12-2013, 12:48 PM
*raise eyebrows, deep inhale and look away* Well maybeyouknow. *deep exhale making puffing noise with cheeks*

FTFY

GP
13-12-2013, 01:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbXku-JIcAAtyl3.jpg

Dein-machine
13-12-2013, 03:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbXku-JIcAAtyl3.jpg

How we ever gonna everyone back fit if we keep loaning players to Munster. Imagine Diaby on a rugby pitch, he would just be a torso after 5 minutes.

Munchies
13-12-2013, 03:36 PM
How we ever gonna everyone back fit if we keep loaning players to Munster. Imagine Diaby on a rugby pitch, he would just be a torso after 5 minutes.

He's big, he's black, he'll break his own back :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
13-12-2013, 04:08 PM

He's big, he's black, he'll break his own back :bow:

Enough about his penis.

Your views about him actually playing rugby?

Munchies
13-12-2013, 05:53 PM

Ticket prices gone up by 3% :doh:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/club-announces-ticket-prices-for-2014/15

Letters
13-12-2013, 05:58 PM
We're more than 3% better than last year so in real terms it's better value for money

Arsenal :bow:

Munchies
13-12-2013, 06:06 PM

On the outset, 3% may seem like a small increase, but its going to add up over the season. I only go to like 3-4 games a season so it won't feel to be a massive difference for me, but the fans who go regularly each week will feel the increase on their wallet.

As long as the money is reinvested into the squad, I'd understand. Hopefully the Ozil signing was a step in the right direction.

Syn
13-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Watched Henry on the Champions League coverage. He was very good tbf.

I've read that BBC, BT and Sky have been trying to tap him up now for further appearances. :lol:

@GaryLineker: Tasty and busy weekend ahead. MOTD with Thierry Henry joining us, followed by SPOTY on Sunday. The tasty part starts now, with a curry.

Syn
13-12-2013, 07:30 PM
@GaryLineker: “@RobbieSavage8: Shearer,lineker,Henry on @BBCMOTD who would you have had in their prime. #shearer #lineker #henry < Henry, all day long.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-12-2013, 07:35 PM
@GaryLineker: Tasty and busy weekend ahead. MOTD with Thierry Henry joining us, followed by SPOTY on Sunday. The tasty part starts now, with a curry.

Henry must be little bit broke.

JonasTC
13-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Apperently Barca refused to sell David Villa to us back in January, despite the offer to the club and player being good enough. Gets my hopes up for the January window :)

Injury Time
13-12-2013, 08:41 PM

Ticket prices gone up by 3% :doh:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/club-announces-ticket-prices-for-2014/15
3% more than my "pay-rise", so mega deals income due in, yet still time to thank the fans with another freeze squeeze the fans with the most expensive tickets in the EPL

Özil's Panoramic View
13-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Wenger's 24mil 3 year deal has to be recuperated somehow, you know.

Munchies
13-12-2013, 11:18 PM
John Cross saying Sagna will sign a 2 year deal

Wenger said: “Yes, that could be decided in next two weeks. It looks positive. It would be a great boost, of course.”

The full-back , who is rated at 50-50 of being fit to play at Manchester City, believes he is worth one last big contract at Arsenal after staying loyal to the club.

Mirror Sport understands that big-spending City have tried to sign him TWICE in the past but, while other top names have left, Sagna has stayed and now wants his loyalty rewarded.

Sagna is likely to get around £70,000-a-week to stay with Arsenal showing more flexibility these days when they only used to give over-30s the maximum of a one-year extension.

Phew !

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Great news.

Syn
13-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Would be great and it'd be another sign things are changing at the club.

Maestro
14-12-2013, 12:46 AM
:good:

MOTD must be little bit broke.

:good:

Munchies
14-12-2013, 01:01 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25375166

He's going to be a pundit for the BBC for the world cup

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Please stop with irrelevant GIFs.

Also, Henry. :bow:

GP
18-12-2013, 03:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbxrDPwCIAAnifi.jpg

Globalgunner
18-12-2013, 05:49 PM
A 6'7" elf?!!!. Now ive seen everything.

Cue the jokes about the Czech, Pole and German.

LDG
18-12-2013, 07:32 PM
The was a czech, a pole and a german dressed up as elves

The pole says to the german "you look stupid!"

The german replied " not as stupid as the czech!"

GP
19-12-2013, 12:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb2TaZjIYAA4ZPg.jpg

GP
19-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Can't believe Wenger didn't wear a costume haha lol

LDG
19-12-2013, 02:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1455948_825266367484681_1788605521_n.jpg

Marc Overmars
19-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Bananas in pyjamas. :lol:

LDG
19-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Bif :haha:

Grebbo
19-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Bananas in pyjamas. :lol:

:lol: Who went as them?

Park... piss poor effort

LDG
19-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Can't see: Jack, Gibbs, Tomas, Gnabbers, Kos, Tets, Theo, Diaby or Sanogo......I was going to say no Sagan either, but then I spotted him and shat bricks.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2013, 02:46 PM
The Justice League. :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
19-12-2013, 03:04 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2526394/Cole-attends-Arsenals-Christmas-bash-five-days-Chelsea-visit-Gunners.html

for more pictures.

lol at Ozil.

Gibbs attracting the slappers with his giant banana.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Flamini as Super Mario. FFS Daily Heil, he's only wearing Santi's hat.

LDG
19-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Gibbs has gotten hold of a couple of right dogs there :lol:

Marc Overmars
19-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Cashley coming home. :bow:

LDG
19-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Cashley coming home. :bow:

With Cripps apparently :unsure:

The Emirates Gallactico
19-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Frimpong came as himself :lol:

Also lol at Cashley, Schurle and Bertrand gatecrashing it after Mourinho cancelled theirs. :lol:

Want to know who's in the Spiderman outfit. Gnarby perhaps? Can't see him anywhere. Though I also can't see Rosicky, Theo or TV either.

Marc Overmars
19-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Just realised someone is in an Avatar outfit. :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
19-12-2013, 03:31 PM
More pics from the mail here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2526311/Watch-Lukas-Podolski-The-Hulk-Arsenal-players-fancy-dress-Christmas-party.html

Theo was the other banana and Viviano the blue character from Avatar.

Also I think Giroud's mocking Jack's gesture against City. lol BIF, what a troll. :lol:

Globalgunner
19-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Amazing how females always outnumber the dudes at high roller parties. Broads! Eh? Honey chasing after bees.

Özim
19-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Amazing how females always outnumber the dudes at high roller parties. Broads! Eh? Honey chasing after bees.

Yeah except I think it's actually bees chasing after money here.

GP
20-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Jack went as Thomas the Tank Engine

http://i.imgur.com/R6pj5GE.png

Penguin
20-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Rambo :bow:

I am invisible
20-12-2013, 09:21 AM
You guys seen that picture that's going around of Frimpong's Christmas lights? Shit almighty...

GP
20-12-2013, 09:23 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb3_ntAIcAAPU_k.jpg

I am invisible
20-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I'd love it if one of those bulbs went...

Letters
20-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Honey chasing after bees.
Right...

:blink:

Transplanted Gooner
20-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Jack went as Thomas the Tank Engine

http://i.imgur.com/R6pj5GE.png
Robbie Fowler

...allegedly

The Emirates Gallactico
20-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Just in case any one was wondering who was who in that picture.

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9015794.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Arsenal-party.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UGtMfYG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/e9WMzbF.jpg

Rosicky was in the Spiderman outfit. TV was the blue avatar. No Gnabry for some reason :(

Özim
20-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Right...

:blink:

It's that genetically modified stuff, very unpredictable.

Özim
20-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Just in case any one was wondering who was who in that picture.

http://i.imgur.com/bdAgNC9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WkkP1jt.jpg

Rosicky was in the Spiderman outfit. TV was the blue avatar. No Gnabry for some reason :(

I'm still wondering, but now I've got a bad neck as well.

milla
20-12-2013, 09:30 PM
No Gnabry for some reason :(

He is underage, can't drink and no whores after midnight. :coffee:

The Emirates Gallactico
20-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm still wondering, but now I've got a bad neck as well.

Apologies forgot to edit it.

Sorted it out now.

He is underage, can't drink and no whores after midnight. :coffee:

He's 18 now.

Penguin
21-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Ryo - the worst fred flintstone ever :lol:

Globalgunner
21-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Ryo - the worst fred flintstone ever :lol:

I bet he's even wearing shoes.

Munchies
23-12-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOdzhK7Pids

Decent watch this.

Syn
30-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Arsenal.com have pictures of some moments in 2013. All this season but here's 3 of them:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/jenny_jenkins/17207723/347628/347628_original.jpg

http://ftp.arsenalcn.com/RemoteUpload/ForumUpload/2013/11/27/45892031304782.jpg

http://ftp.arsenalcn.com/RemoteUpload/ForumUpload/2013/09/23/149270639006492.jpg

mkkreuk
01-01-2014, 07:14 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72030000/jpg/_72030455_arsenal.jpg

Nice to see from the boys.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-01-2014, 07:45 PM
A clearer image of the above:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc6opYPIMAARgDY.jpg:large

lol at Kos' briefs. Looks like his mum knitted them for him for Christmas.

milla
01-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Super Nik, what a man. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-01-2014, 10:28 AM
@JackWilshere

Wow! That was close! Thought I wasn't going to come! Fans were amazing, saw us through today!

:unsure:

LDG
02-01-2014, 10:35 AM

Globalgunner
02-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Heck, if that jewel doesn't remain the funniest post of the year, I don't know what could!

Heisenberg
02-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Park (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/ju-young-park).

I just remembered that this guy exists. He's played very little for us. Just one appearance from the bench in the league, and only a substitute appearance in the League Cup this season. What is the deal with him?

GP
02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
T shirt sales in the far east.

Bizarre that he's never played though. It's not even like he's been a flop. He never even had the chance to flop.

milla
02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Park (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/ju-young-park).

I just remembered that this guy exists. He's played very little for us. Just one appearance from the bench in the league, and only a substitute appearance in the League Cup this season. What is the deal with him?

The club sold a lot of shirts in North Korea. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
02-01-2014, 05:04 PM
I find it staggering the guy is making a living like this.

A fraud if there ever was one.

KSE Comedy Club
02-01-2014, 11:09 PM
A clearer image of the above:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc6opYPIMAARgDY.jpg:large

lol at Kos' briefs. Looks like his mum knitted them for him for Christmas.

WTF is Kos doing??!!?? :blink:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Gilberto is training with the first team :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
03-01-2014, 01:19 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/756x1000/jan_14/zp_461014029_SM_6886_E9_12D686_3296.jpg

BFG now giving lifts to kids. :coffee:

Injury Time
03-01-2014, 09:38 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/756x1000/jan_14/zp_461014029_SM_6886_E9_12D686_3296.jpg

Can't imagine ho we get so many ankle injuries...

Globalgunner
04-01-2014, 07:33 AM

Somebody really should have given Walcott an Oxygen mask....the altitude.

Just as an aside. Who else believes that Clattenburg is a louse. Twice now he has been accused of loose talk to players. the first time it was Mikel of Chelsea now Lallana of Southampton. Why always him?

The Emirates Gallactico
04-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Just as an aside. Who else believes that Clattenburg is a louse. Twice now he has been accused of loose talk to players. the first time it was Mikel of Chelsea now Lallana of Southampton. Why always him?

Personally I quite like Clattenburg. He's had some shit moments in the past, like most refs, but on the whole he's been quite fair and resonable to us especially compared to some of his colleagues. I have him down as one of the better refs in the league. I don't get the same horrible worrying feeling in my stomach whenever he's reffing one of our matches that I do whenever an oaf like Mike Dean, Lee Mason, Anthony Taylor i.e. the real terrible refs in the league.

As for this incident, what a completely ridicolous thing for Southampton and Lallana to get upset by let alone going as far as to take the drastic action of actually making a formal complaint to the FA. Is he really that petty and sensitive? It's like Jack's finger against City, footballers have no problem abusing the ref, intimadating him for 90 mins but god forbid the ref decides to cheekily respond back ....... that's heresy!

Edit - Just incase anyone is unawares, what's he's alleged to have said to Lallana according to the BBC is:

""you’re very different now you have played for England, you never used to be like this."

GP
04-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Lallana :lol:

Still crying after 17 years

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Here's a good piece on the winger / wideman debate. I think it's quite concise in making a case for us having one more traditional winger and one unorthodox wide midfielder.

From the tactics column

Wide players

The unfortunate injury to Theo Walcott – arguably the one player that gives “depth” to Arsenal’s team – means Arsenal might revert back to a “wingerless” system, although the returns of Lukas Podolski and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can soften the blow of the loss. It’s an interesting system Arsenal used without Walcott earlier this season. Normally, you think of selecting players by their positions on the pitch – one striker, two wingers, an attacking midfield etc. With Arsenal, it’s about how they can manipulate space better. Usually that means playing a creative midfield on one flank, to allow Arsenal to keep the ball better, and one winger on the other side who stretches play.

Arsenal know as well, that they’ll often face teams that defend with two holding midfielders so what they’ll do is ask one of the wide players, or both as it has been at various points this season, to come off the flanks and create an overload in the middle. That creates space, of course, for the full-backs to push forward, but it also gives space to that wide player – who initially might have been suffocated on the flanks – in the hole in between the opposing full-back and just to the side of one of the two holders in a 4-2-3-1. That’s what Arsenal frequently try to do; get into that space (sometimes called the half-space or the quarter-space) because they know it is hard to cover. Why? Because the opposing winger will never track that far, while the full-back knows that if he tucks in too narrow, it distorts the shape of the team. The onus then, is on one of the holders to squeeze the space but of course, by trying to engage one of those creative wingers of Arsenal’s, say Santi Cazorla, he runs the risk of leaving the middle open.

It’s hard to explain but it’s an opportunity area for Arsenal to exploit, a gap where good players often take advantage of (think about it as the hole in the Death Star; imperceptible at first but a weakness nevertheless). One team who frequently expose this space is Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich who instead of asking the creative wingers to narrow, they move wider and open that space for the full-backs or another midfield to run into and occupy. With Arsenal’s attacking game all about dragging opponents about, watch closely and see how many goals they create this way. Lukas Podolski is particularly adept at this, drifting inside and playing one-twos before bursting behind the marker to play a cut-back or get onto one himself.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Ox finally back in first team training!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdd6IR_IEAA7EUj.jpg:large

Probably another couple of weeks before he's ready though. Just remember to go easy on him once he returns. We've seen from Ramsey how difficult it can be to return to the same level from a long term injury.

I_Killed_Kenny
08-01-2014, 04:09 PM
arseblog thinks he may be on bench for Villa mate

Marc Overmars
08-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Good to see him back. We could do with more athlete ball options.

I_Killed_Kenny
08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
i cant remember where but also read that we may not send akpom out on loan as we are considering bringing him into 1st team proper. silly move. we cant afford projects to push for a title, we need established players IMO and that's also why i don't think Morata would be good. but that's for another thread.

but ox, gnabry on wings is pretty decent. both seem to play without fear and like to take on the man. both seem footballistically intelligent as well.

GP
08-01-2014, 04:24 PM
i cant remember where but also read that we may not send akpom out on loan as we are considering bringing him into 1st team proper. silly move. we cant afford projects to push for a title, we need established players IMO and that's also why i don't think Morata would be good. but that's for another thread.

but ox, gnabry on wings is pretty decent. both seem to play without fear and like to take on the man. both seem footballistically intelligent as well.

I heard we were considering him for the Coventry game and sending him on loan after. Which makes sense.

Power n Glory
08-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Here's a good piece on the winger / wideman debate. I think it's quite concise in making a case for us having one more traditional winger and one unorthodox wide midfielder.

From the tactics column

Wide players

The unfortunate injury to Theo Walcott – arguably the one player that gives “depth” to Arsenal’s team – means Arsenal might revert back to a “wingerless” system, although the returns of Lukas Podolski and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can soften the blow of the loss. It’s an interesting system Arsenal used without Walcott earlier this season. Normally, you think of selecting players by their positions on the pitch – one striker, two wingers, an attacking midfield etc. With Arsenal, it’s about how they can manipulate space better. Usually that means playing a creative midfield on one flank, to allow Arsenal to keep the ball better, and one winger on the other side who stretches play.

Arsenal know as well, that they’ll often face teams that defend with two holding midfielders so what they’ll do is ask one of the wide players, or both as it has been at various points this season, to come off the flanks and create an overload in the middle. That creates space, of course, for the full-backs to push forward, but it also gives space to that wide player – who initially might have been suffocated on the flanks – in the hole in between the opposing full-back and just to the side of one of the two holders in a 4-2-3-1. That’s what Arsenal frequently try to do; get into that space (sometimes called the half-space or the quarter-space) because they know it is hard to cover. Why? Because the opposing winger will never track that far, while the full-back knows that if he tucks in too narrow, it distorts the shape of the team. The onus then, is on one of the holders to squeeze the space but of course, by trying to engage one of those creative wingers of Arsenal’s, say Santi Cazorla, he runs the risk of leaving the middle open.

It’s hard to explain but it’s an opportunity area for Arsenal to exploit, a gap where good players often take advantage of (think about it as the hole in the Death Star; imperceptible at first but a weakness nevertheless). One team who frequently expose this space is Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich who instead of asking the creative wingers to narrow, they move wider and open that space for the full-backs or another midfield to run into and occupy. With Arsenal’s attacking game all about dragging opponents about, watch closely and see how many goals they create this way. Lukas Podolski is particularly adept at this, drifting inside and playing one-twos before bursting behind the marker to play a cut-back or get onto one himself.

Good article from Arseblog.

This also caught my attention.

Wenger says, by deploying a central player wide, it allows him to “get used to using the ball in a small space, as the touchline effectively divides the space that’s available to him by two; when you move the same player back to the middle, he breathes more easily and can exploit space better.”

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Glad to see the Ox back indeed who I personally don't think is particularly less talented than Mr Popular Ross Barkley.

It will be interesting to see where Chamberlain plays long term wise....

I_Killed_Kenny
08-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Glad to see the Ox back indeed who I personally don't think is particularly less talented than Mr Popular Ross Barkley.

It will be interesting to see where Chamberlain plays long term wise....

some type of central role I think. 2 good feet and seems adept at taking balls (ahem) from any angle and moving forward so to sit him on one side or the other may take much from his game.

ever seen him train? clips i have seen, he has a smashing shot, strikes the ball very cleanly. also saw him taking corners and the whip and bend on the ball is brill. really wana see him take on some set pieces in games

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-01-2014, 06:52 PM
I think I mentioned it in a thread recently. Every clip of him in training I've ever seen, he looks amazing in. Like you say, shooting and scoring from all over.

Most 2 footed player after Cazorla at the club.

Master Splinter
08-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Ox had a really good pre-season, like Ramsey. Started off the season well, too. Then :(.

Ox, Theo and Podolski have all been super productive in their cameos this season. As has Ger Nabry. Ger Nabry is next :rose:.

Actually, Bendtner has two goals and an assist from his few performances and he was struck down too. :lol:

This theory holds water. :(

At least it means Diaby will score two amazing solo goals and set up five more upon his return.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-01-2014, 07:01 PM
At least it means Diaby will score two amazing solo goals and set up five more upon his return.

...he's not due back on February 8th by any chance?

milla
08-01-2014, 07:06 PM

Nah, he said Giroud will do it for him. :coffee:

Master Splinter
08-01-2014, 07:06 PM

Should be more worried about Cazorla tbf. He's your genuine new nemesis.

Özim
08-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Ox finally back in first team training!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdd6IR_IEAA7EUj.jpg:large

Probably another couple of weeks before he's ready though. Just remember to go easy on him once he returns. We've seen from Ramsey how difficult it can be to return to the same level from a long term injury.

Great news, can't wait to see him back, he's got so much talent and we could do with someone who can play on the wing.

fakeyank
08-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm excited to have him back too. I think he has everything needed to be a world class player! And I'm not using the term 'world class' lightly here. With a little bit of maturity and more chances, I can see him becoming one of the top players in the PL.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2014, 02:27 PM
The classiest message to fans so far this year: 'This is intended as a small thank you for your great support in 2013.' Keeping things in proportion rather than blowing it up into something ridiculous like the PL would certainly do.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2536371/Bayern-Munich-subsidise-tickets-fans-travelling-Arsenal-Champions-League-tie.html

Dortmund cleverly start rumours about a bid for Gnabry, we'll have to give him more game time I suspect.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2536407/Arsenal-braced-Gnabry-bid-Dortmund-boss-Klopp-targets-Gunners-youngster.html

Sorry mate, but gay is not big or clever in football, especially if you keep it quiet. If it's okay for this bloke to wander around men's showers then why can't I wander around women's showers? Serious question. What's the difference? Wouldn't I be prosecuted, so why isn't he?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2536379/Homosexuality-shouldnt-big-deal-Hitzlsperger-hopes-revealing-gay-alter-attitudes-football.html

BOBN
09-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Sorry mate, but gay is not big or clever in football, especially if you keep it quiet. If it's okay for this bloke to wander around men's showers then why can't I wander around women's showers? Serious question. What's the difference? Wouldn't I be prosecuted, so why isn't he?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2536379/Homosexuality-shouldnt-big-deal-Hitzlsperger-hopes-revealing-gay-alter-attitudes-football.html
This is disgusting, utterly shocking. How is it that in this day and age, in this modern society, a man like Thomas Hitzlsperger can amass 52 caps for Germany?

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2014, 03:08 PM
This is disgusting, utterly shocking. How is it that in this day and age, in this modern society, a man like Thomas Hitzlsperger can amass 52 caps for Germany?

Seriously though, do you or don't you know some loophole that would allow me to wander around women's showers?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I was actually thinking about this as the only issue about the whole gay thing in footy. Segregation by sex (toilets, changing rooms etc) is a given thing, but that is loosely based on the idea that we aren't attracted to the same sex isn't it?

A gay person in a changing room of heterosexual's kinda turns that on its head. In the case of Hitzlsperger it may not have been an issue because his team mates probably didn't know.

Will all changing rooms and toilets be unisex in the distant future?

Marc Overmars
09-01-2014, 03:19 PM

I went to a bar in Ibiza with unisex toilets.

Seedy as fuck tbh.

GP
09-01-2014, 03:22 PM
I went to a bar in Ibiza with unisex toilets.

Sticky as fuck tbh.

fixed it for you

Özim
09-01-2014, 03:43 PM

I doubt it, don't think women will like walking in large pools of piss, nor will they appreciate pint glasses blocking toilets or the doors being smashed up.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-01-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't like it either.

Özim
09-01-2014, 03:49 PM
I don't like it either.

Yeah but you don't have a choice, it's what blokes do.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-01-2014, 04:01 PM
lol...

Munchies
10-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Wenger on Bayern subsidising ticket prices: "It is something we already do. We just don't talk about it like Bayern Munich."

Yeah £2.50 off an away game :haha:

GP
10-01-2014, 10:50 AM
It's easy to subsidise tickets when your stadium was donated by the government.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-01-2014, 11:42 AM
And when you exploit your dominant status in German football to monopolise commerical income (allowing them to buy stars from their top rivals).

PR stunt from Bayern. Hope no one is fallen for it. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
10-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Every giveback would be a PR stunt then. They could hardly keep this a secret, unless they pushed notes under doors anonymously. The real stunt is the British media having a pop at PL clubs in order to pretend the scum in the media are friends of the fans. Without those high charging PL clubs how would a bunch of useless hacks get their jollies or even a job? In their press release Bayern referred to a "small" thank you. Correct. But who are the beneficiaries? The fans, not some corporate gaggle or the media hacks.

KSE Comedy Club
11-01-2014, 11:24 AM
I was actually thinking about this as the only issue about the whole gay thing in footy. Segregation by sex (toilets, changing rooms etc) is a given thing, but that is loosely based on the idea that we aren't attracted to the same sex isn't it?

A gay person in a changing room of heterosexual's kinda turns that on its head. In the case of Hitzlsperger it may not have been an issue because his team mates probably didn't know.

Will all changing rooms and toilets be unisex in the distant future?does anyone think he had to walk around with a jock strap on all the time in case he had to hide an erection?

Serious question.

Also, does anyone think that some players that played against him now feel violated when he was 'letting them know he was there' ??

milla
11-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Seriously though, do you or don't you know some loophole that would allow me to wander around women's showers?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/cd161c5175/woman-exposed-in-shower

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Wenger on Bayern subsidising ticket prices: "It is something we already do. We just don't talk about it like Bayern Munich."

Yeah £2.50 off an away game :haha:

you laugh but actually although £2.50 is not a large sum of money, it rewards everyone. if you go to almost every away game, the amount you saved by the £2.50 off each time would basically mean that one of the matches is free, thus rewarding those who go almost every week.

to those who go quite regularly they save money and those who go once or twice get a small saving. they could have said we will pay for every fan to go to game x then only those who go to that game get a saving. the £2.50 rewards any away fan who goes to watch the club. fairest and best way to do it IMO and good gesture from Arsenal

KSE Comedy Club
13-01-2014, 10:24 PM
you laugh but actually although £2.50 is not a large sum of money, it rewards everyone. if you go to almost every away game, the amount you saved by the £2.50 off each time would basically mean that one of the matches is free, thus rewarding those who go almost every week.

to those who go quite regularly they save money and those who go once or twice get a small saving. they could have said we will pay for every fan to go to game x then only those who go to that game get a saving. the £2.50 rewards any away fan who goes to watch the club. fairest and best way to do it IMO and good gesture from Arsenal
I admire you're attempt at looking on the brightside of this Ollie, but £2.50 off when most arsenal fans are paying a fucking shedload more for games than other clubs fans, is a piss take not a good gesture ;)

IBK
13-01-2014, 11:40 PM
I admire you're attempt at looking on the brightside of this Ollie, but £2.50 off when most arsenal fans are paying a fucking shedload more for games than other clubs fans, is a piss take not a good gesture ;)

Yup. :gp:

GP
13-01-2014, 11:44 PM

:gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Somebody buy Wenger a new coat.

IBK
14-01-2014, 12:21 AM
does anyone think he had to walk around with a jock strap on all the time in case he had to hide an erection?

Serious question.

Also, does anyone think that some players that played against him now feel violated when he was 'letting them know he was there' ??

See, this is what I don't understand. Lets be honest here - for heterosexual men I reckon that of all females they come into contact with (all ages/all types) perhaps 5% would be sexually attractive. Taking the age range of footballers, this may rise to 20%. Lets face it, most human beings are 'normal' - and for non-teenagers relationships are based as much on character as on looks. For women, I'd say that an even lower percentage are attracted simply by looks. So why do people think that homosexual men are any different. Why would a gay man fancy a greater percentage of men than women?

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2014, 12:25 AM
for heterosexual men I reckon that of all females they come into contact with (all ages/all types) perhaps 5% would be sexually attractive

??? 5% ???

By attractive do you mean - yes I'd give her one? In which case where do you get 5%? Must be close on 100% surely?

IBK
14-01-2014, 12:29 AM
??? 5% ???

By attractive do you mean - yes I'd give her one? In which case where do you get 5%? Must be close on 100% surely?

Of all females, of all ages? Nah. If you hang around 18 to 35 year old women all the time, of course it would be higher. But think about being, say, in a supermarket. Unless you are hormonal, I would be surprised if you seriously fancy more than 5% of the women you see. (ok - MAYBE 15% MAX)

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Of all females, of all ages? Nah. If you hang around 18 to 35 year old women all the time, of course it would be higher. But think about being, say, in a supermarket. Unless you are hormonal, I would be surprised if you seriously fancy more than 5% of the women you see. (ok - MAYBE 15% MAX)

Sometimes if they don't move for a long time I don't fancy them as much. But how many women stay completely still for days (probably weeks) at a time? Not many. So anything below 99% is unrealistic.

Ollie the Optimist
14-01-2014, 11:33 AM

arsenal don't set the price of away tickets though do they? the home club do that. if it was a home game with £2.50 off then id agree but its not. its £2.50 off what the opposition are charging us

Ollie the Optimist
15-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Podolski was asked on twitter if he would rather play for spurs or retire.

he answered "retire"

i love him :haha:

Penguin
15-01-2014, 09:58 PM
I'd play for spurs :ninja:

Xhaka Can’t
15-01-2014, 11:07 PM
And I want you to play for them!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GP
15-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Why would you want to improve them??

PGFC
17-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Huawei? Whoareya?

LDG
17-01-2014, 09:20 AM

LDG
17-01-2014, 09:21 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/jan_14/gun__1389799374_hoohendijk_signs.jpg

Go on Vic.

You get yours son :lol:

:faint:

PGFC
17-01-2014, 09:28 AM

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-and-huawei-in-global-partnership

Keep up, ffs.

Globalgunner
17-01-2014, 06:10 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/jan_14/gun__1389799374_hoohendijk_signs.jpg

Go on Vic.

You get yours son :lol:

:faint:

Poor Vic . In 10 years time some hard pressed biddy likely is going to sue him claiming he groped her while she was signing her contract

Munchies
17-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Thought we were playing in the fa cup tonight coz of Shitty the other day :doh:

Training for FUlham:
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/876x1000/jan_14/zp_463206143_SM_7A74_A8_1455F1_4410.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeM3i8_CAAAM5yE.jpg:large

He's back :bow:

Thierry :bow:

One legged Postie :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
17-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Is per doin his version of the robot?

The Emirates Gallactico
18-01-2014, 06:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/A2ayUoI.gif

What is Giroud doing? :lol:

LDG
18-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Spunking on Santi :shrug:

Maestro
19-01-2014, 01:04 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-appoint-new-academy-coach-3038327#.UtvM0tLFJkg

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-01-2014, 08:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BebZ4S1CYAAscbc.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
20-01-2014, 08:43 PM
He's tweeted a semi apology for that now. :lol:

Santi Cazorla ✔ @19SCazorla

Our apoligizes to the Totenham fans, we couldn't see the paper. #alwaysfootballalwaysrespect @piresrobert7 and @19SCazorla

Marc Overmars
20-01-2014, 08:43 PM
The club were forced to warn Santi about his responsibilities after that. :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
20-01-2014, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U43ceU049pg

:haha::haha:

Mertesacker :haha:

Giroud: "Heart attack!!" :haha:

Munchies
20-01-2014, 08:57 PM

Art Attack :bow:

JonasTC
20-01-2014, 11:14 PM
I love this team :bow:

Letters
21-01-2014, 08:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BebZ4S1CYAAscbc.jpg

I thought that was Trigger on the right :blink:

Gooner23
21-01-2014, 10:01 AM
I thought that was Trigger on the right :blink:

Santi should be given a pay rise for this, not asked to apologise

Master Splinter
21-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Fifth best in the world at what we do:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/01/21/revealed-barcelona-best-at-producing-big-5-players-ajax-most-across-europe-210101/

Similarly interesting/boring stuff here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25819091

Arsenal have the highest percentage of academy-trained players in England at 32.3%, equating to 10 players.

Chelsea have one academy-trained player in their squad - John Terry

Syn
21-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Fifth best in the world at what we do:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/01/21/revealed-barcelona-best-at-producing-big-5-players-ajax-most-across-europe-210101/

Similarly interesting/boring stuff here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25819091

You must've made that information up. Everyone knows project youth was a failure.

JonasTC
23-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Just found this recently updated list of passing completion of players from the 5 biggest european leagues.

1. Alex, PSG - 94 %
2. Matias Fernandez, Fiorentina - 93,5 %
3. Sergio Busquets, Barcelona - 93,1 %
4. Mathieu Flamini, Arsenal - 92,9 %
5. Thiago Motta, PSG - 92,9 %
6. Thiago Silva, PSG - 92,8 %
7. Laurent Koscielny, Arsenal - 92,7 %
8- Per Mertesacker, Arsenal - 92,7 %
9. Xavi, Barcelona - 92,6 %
10. Nigel de Jong, AC Milan - 92,3 %

Mathieu Mertescielny :bow:

Özim
23-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Deloitte Football Money League

1. Real Madrid: 518.9m euros
2. Barcelona: 482.6m euros
3. Bayern Munich: 431.2m euros
4. Man Utd: 423.8m euros
5. Paris Saint Germain; 398.8m euros
6. Manchester City: 316.2m euros
7. Chelsea: 303.4m euros
8. Arsenal: 284.3m euros
9. Juventus: 272.4m euros
10. AC Milan: 263.5m euros

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25844751

GP
25-01-2014, 12:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS_fMQ_mlwE

Syn
25-01-2014, 02:13 AM

Poor (52k a week) Nik.

Munchies
25-01-2014, 09:35 AM

Özim
27-01-2014, 11:24 AM
We seem to have so many midfielders at the club, our 1st team squad midfield is full of them and our best young players are midfielders as well, would be good to have a young striker come through.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-01-2014, 02:45 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x746/jan_14/zp_464640571_SM_0819_5B_1C0CE4_8332.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x730/jan_14/zp_464640571_SM_7096_AE_1C0D02_3936.jpg

Rambo and Arteta back in training. Great News with the run up to come. Fancy them to feature tommorow.

GP
28-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Fun Fact:

Rudolf Dassler, founder of Puma, was a Nazi.

LDG
28-01-2014, 11:23 AM
If he was still alive (he may be, but can't be arsed to look), he probably would be a Grandpa Nazi. Or even a Great Grandpa Nazi.

Munchies
28-01-2014, 11:36 AM

Was on a bored break, and looked at the history of puma. Then onto Nazism, Hitler, holocaust, and all the battles in WW2 eg Netherlands.

Wikipedia :getcoat:

Marc Overmars
28-01-2014, 01:13 PM
FA Cup match with Liverpool is a cat B fixture. The club haven't made it an A game because the fixture falls in between a string of them already.

Nice move. May go now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Squad rotation will be a factor when the big games come thick and fast for Arsenal next month but their manager does not intend to take one competition more seriously than the others.

"We are not at a stage where we have a choice," he said. "For example we play in the Champions League after the FA Cup. If I sacrifice the FA Cup and we go out in the Champions League, then we look stupid.

"We just have to go for it and hope it goes well and we stay in the competitions."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-scheduling-hampers-us-in-europe

Arsene is really going for it this season, previously he would have rested players in the cup but he knows he needs a trophy. Breath of fresh air.

Syn
30-01-2014, 07:10 PM
http://twitter.com/thepositivedan/status/428859740202885120/photo/1

#fuckoffmourinho

The Emirates Gallactico
03-02-2014, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFc4KJTnYCM&list=UUBTy8j2cPy6zw68godcE7MQ&feature=c4-overview

Zimm :sulk::sulk:

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: Whinging git in video.

We're missing the "old attitude"? Thank fuck for that. Chelsea are 5 points behind us you knob!

JonasTC
03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
I wonder if he knows that it says 'Reds' in danish on his microphone (like in 'the reds'). Its an australian brand, that has nothing to do with Denmark at all or the color red, its short for rodent, with an added 'Ø' to be creative. I just find it ironic that its being used by an Arsenal fan, for his youtube show :geek:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-02-2014, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFc4KJTnYCM&list=UUBTy8j2cPy6zw68godcE7MQ&feature=c4-overview

Zimm :sulk::sulk:

Josh :bow: