PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 02:00 PM
The difference between having an Ozil and not having Ozil is the difference between Messi playing for Argentina/Ronaldo playing for Portugal and Messi playing for a Barcelona/Ronaldo playing for a Real Madrid.

I'm not confused, sometimes things need saying more than once so as to affirm that their importance cannot be overstated

And it seems bizarre not to think that you wouldn't have the best creative midfielders to complement the top strikers. And considering there aren't many creative midfielders out there who have Ozils footballing ability, range of passing and vision it seems obvious that that is harder to replace than a goal scoring winger/striker (yes it will cost us but there are more players of that kind avaliable)

In that sense Ozil becomes more irreplaceable because he is a rare breed, maybe I am confused because I don't know how to explain that to you in any simpler way. You don't have to agree, I have already made it abundantly clear that I'd have to go a long way to find something I care less about than what you think.

But it seems bizarre that I seem to be talking a foreign language to you, I have an opinion which you vehermently disagree with, I'm not even asking you to respect that view because see above but as you seem to be inferring stupidity on my part I am choosing to come to the conclusion that you must have the capacity to understand what I'm saying, but maybe that's an assumption too much.

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 02:21 PM
The difference between having an Ozil and not having Ozil is the difference between Messi playing for Argentina/Ronaldo playing for Portugal and Messi playing for a Barcelona/Ronaldo playing for a Real Madrid.

Get out of here. :lol: Overstating his importance. He's one man! You're comparing a whole national team with different egos wanting the ball and playing with weaker players in all areas. Ronaldo's game hasn't suffered since Ozil left. Ozil wasn't even the most important player for his own national side when winning the World Cup. He wasn't even playing in his preferred position and slated by the German press.

And it seems bizarre not to think that you wouldn't have the best creative midfielders to complement the top strikers. And considering there aren't many creative midfielders out there who have Ozils footballing ability, range of passing and vision it seems obvious that that is harder to replace than a goal scoring winger/striker (yes it will cost us but there are more players of that kind avaliable)

In that sense Ozil becomes more irreplaceable because he is a rare breed

Maybe he's a rare breed because such players aren't as relevant in football? Have you considered that? I mean, how are the other top teams able to flourish without an Ozil? We're seeing more deep laying creative players that can also defend coming through. If he's so essential, why is he so rare with other teams finding success without the need for such a player and we're not looking any better?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 02:30 PM
No obviously it was too much of an assumption to make. I'm sorry, but I think it doesn't make someone weak if they admit their own shortcomings and I literally don't have the ability to break my point down to make it any simpler.

So I think it's easier to let you criticise what you think I'm saying rather than actually what I am saying.

Gooner23
26-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Great stuff

Hope it takes off

:scarf:

http://www.blackscarfafc.co.uk/uploads/2/1/1/2/21123492/2228744_orig.png

Back to this one. It's made back page of Evening Standard so getting quite a bit of coverage. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, surely better than doing nothing at all.

Letters
26-04-2016, 02:56 PM
I don't want to confuse you any further. :lol:
You really have to cut that shizzle out...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Ah I assumed that was part of his repertoire

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 02:59 PM
No obviously it was too much of an assumption to make. I'm sorry, but I think it doesn't make someone weak if they admit their own shortcomings and I literally don't have the ability to break my point down to make it any simpler.

So I think it's easier to let you criticise what you think I'm saying rather than actually what I am saying.

You're coming up with bad examples and I get what you're saying. I just don't think Ozil is that player. He's not a Xavi or Pirlo.

It's worth remembering that bold point next time you speak to DK. :good:

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 02:59 PM
You really have to cut that shizzle out...

Uhh, I really don't.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Back to this one. It's made back page of Evening Standard so getting quite a bit of coverage. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, surely better than doing nothing at all.

Glad somebody is doing something. Might well be pissing into a hurricane but at least somebody can be bothered to aim a piss at those taking the piss. Perception can be a delicate thing. If enough of these protests break out and persist then the media will pick things up in earnest and the circus can begin. Corporations don't like circuses.

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Ah I assumed that was part of his repertoire

Really? :unsure:

I reiterate i'm just glad you aren't manager

What kind of statement is that? I assumed you were confused. It's a forum! If you can't take a few jabs then leave it alone.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 03:08 PM
You're coming up with bad examples and I get what you're saying. I just don't think Ozil is that player. He's not a Xavi or Pirlo.

Don't understand your last point

The other point would make sense if I was making a direct comparison to Xavi and Pirlo, although I would argue that with better players around him he'd have as much impact as those two have had on the sides they have been in. To pre empt your next response, they both during their careers have generally played with a better calibre of player than Ozil plays with at Arsenal.

Ozil was a key player at Real Madrid and Mourinho was quick to acknowledge as much, but then we get Florentino Perez who came out with the banal statement about wanting good looking players in his side, and Ozil unfortunately looks like the son of Marty Feldman.

Either way rightly or wrongly he was sold to help pay off the transfer fee for Gareth Bale, the same way Alexis was sold to pay for the transfer of Luis Suarez.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Really? :unsure:

What kind of statement is that? I assumed you were confused. It's a forum! If you can't take a few jabs then leave it alone.

Bit hypocritical of you to say that considering you took my statement that I'm glad your not the manager personally. It wasn't, It was based entirely on your view of Ozil. Again I repeat things so as to try and help them sink in, like I have to say for a third time that what you think is totally irrelevant to me. That's not a personal remark, I don't know you therefore it stands to reason that I wouldn't care what you think.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Uhh, I really don't.

I agree, I don't think I'd want to come here if I couldnt be patronising/insulting to perfect strangers

As Christopher Hitchens aptly put it "when someone tells me I've hurt their feelings I say what's your point?"

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Bit hypocritical of you to say that considering you took my statement that I'm glad your not the manager personally. It wasn't, It was based entirely on your view of Ozil. Again I repeat things so as to try and help them sink in, like I have to say for a third time that what you think is totally irrelevant to me. That's not a personal remark, I don't know you therefore it stands to reason why I wouldn't care what you think.

It's nothing personal. Just a light jab back. Take it on the chin and don't claim the victim. :good:

And Letters is the last guy to lecture on post etiquette in here.

This is getting a bit touchy feely. Someone might cry. :lol: I'm out.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 03:24 PM
It's probably best, it's like I write something and you read something else. It's a bit like putting a sentence from English to Spanish in Google translate and then re translating the Spanish sentence it's come up with back into English....totally different.

For instance you come up with your catchphrase line about being confused, I make the point that in order for that kind of remark to bother me I'd have to care what you think in the first place and then you come back about me taking things personally.

In fact it seems to me that you have taken offence to what I've said rather than the other way round, I've just felt compelled to explain how it would not be possible for you to upset me in the way that I wouldn't have to explain such things to anyone else. And if I appear frustrated it's more to do with endlessly having to break down explanation into bite size pieces that you still seem hell bent on choking on.

It does explain a lot, it explains how you can extrapolate something from what I've said that I've not in fact said. Maybe you are using a different browser and the coding is fucked.

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Dude, stop explaining yourself if you don't care what I think. I'm not really clinging for any moral high ground here. :lol:

Get back to talking about football and we can just chalk this one up to a disagreement. :good:

Back to business.

#WengerOut

fakeyank
26-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Its definitely better than the MS Paint shit someone started last week. That movement was so bad, I was contemplating standing up for Wenger! :sick:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Where is the fun in that?

What joy is there to debating if I don't question someone's Ability to comprehend what I'm saying

It's what I do with people at work, it's what gets me through the day

Now I am going to cry

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Its definitely better than the MS Paint shit someone started last week. That movement was so bad, I was contemplating standing up for Wenger! :sick:

Go to the website Jim'll paint it and I guarantee you you'll never question the efficacy of MS paint again

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2016, 04:27 PM
#MSPaintOut

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 04:33 PM
#MSPaintOut

You are just an entitled idiot your message is disrespectful, you need to get behind this Microsoft product and your constant criticism is causing a drop in its performance

Globalgunner
26-04-2016, 05:00 PM

Neither of those players ever scored lots of goals if that the stick you wish to beat Ozil with.

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Neither of those players ever scored lots of goals if that the stick you wish to beat Ozil with.

Of course not. Not sure if you've been following but that's not the point I'm making. I'm saying Ozil isn't a deep laying central midfielder. He's not a Xavi or Pirlo even if he has the passing skills. HCZ seems to be describing him like that's how Ozil functions in a team and that's when I replied with the above. He operates more in the final third of the pitch. He's an attacking midfielder and not a central midfielder. Maybe he could make the switch to central midfield like Santi has? Or maybe he'd benefit more from a team that plays a counter attacking style because I can imagine him being more lethal in that set up. All speculation.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 07:23 PM
I think although he is not anywhere near as deep lying as Pirlo he is more comparable to him or Xavi than a De Bruyn

I always think in the system we play the primary source of goals comes from the striker and the secondary support comes from the wingers who can also cut in to play as supplementary strikers.

Plus if you want to be pedantic, he is the third highest goal scorer in the team after Sanchez and Giroud, and if he could/should have scored more this season than that arguably goes double for them....and Sanchez has gone through dry spells even when not injured or recovering from injury

If you were to tell me you'd like a central attacking midfielder with more goals in him, than i'd say fine i agree let's sell ramsey and bring someone in who can be rotated with Ozil (someone like Mikhataryan who can play both in that position and on the wing would be perfect)

Mr. Lahey
26-04-2016, 08:28 PM
This is such a silly debate IMO. Ozil is our best player, has been all season. Im with HCZ, he offers so much more than playmaking, if it were to come down between him and Sanchez, Im taking Ozil. THat is not to say that I dont think Sanchez is brilliant and critical to keep around.

Ozil has been playing much deeper for Germany recently and he is pretty fucking good in that role. There are not too many other footballers in the world who have the intelligence that he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xgY9KKGbM

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 08:58 PM
I think although he is not anywhere near as deep lying as Pirlo he is more comparable to him or Xavi than a De Bruyn

I always think in the system we play the primary source of goals comes from the striker and the secondary support comes from the wingers who can also cut in to play as supplementary strikers.

Plus if you want to be pedantic, he is the third highest goal scorer in the team after Sanchez and Giroud, and if he could/should have scored more this season than that arguably goes double for them....and Sanchez has gone through dry spells even when not injured or recovering from injury

If you were to tell me you'd like a central attacking midfielder with more goals in him, than i'd say fine i agree let's sell ramsey and bring someone in who can be rotated with Ozil (someone like Mikhataryan who can play both in that position and on the wing would be perfect)

I'd say Cesc is a player more comparable to Xavi but when he was moved further up the pitch he was also able to score more goals. Since switching to a 3 man midfield and one up front, the goals have had to come from the attacking midfielder as well as the striker and wide players.

I also think Ozil is a better dribble and has more pace than Cesc so can't see why he's not scoring more goals or at least popping up with vital goals when we're really struggling to score. I think there is a lot more he can offer this team or more he can do have an impact on a game because he has the skill. He just doesn't carry a team with his performance that often.

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 09:15 PM
This is such a silly debate IMO. Ozil is our best player, has been all season. Im with HCZ, he offers so much more than playmaking, if it were to come down between him and Sanchez, Im taking Ozil. THat is not to say that I dont think Sanchez is brilliant and critical to keep around.

Ozil has been playing much deeper for Germany recently and he is pretty fucking good in that role. There are not too many other footballers in the world who have the intelligence that he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xgY9KKGbM

So should he be operating from a deeper position where he can have more influence on a game? We've seen all season how badly we've missed Cazorla in that deep role.

It seems like a silly debate, but I've heard Wenger, Henry, Hoddle, Lowe and even Ozil himself admit that he needs to score more goals. This is in light of the PFA and Team of the Year snubs. Also, the debate pops up because we keep hearing Ozil won't sign a new deal. No doubt he's an intelligent footballer but I wish he had more of a stomach to lead the team and not be as passive. You say he's more than a playmaker and I'd argue that too, hence the argument.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2016, 09:23 PM
I do think Ozil is a bit of a pussy at times but his undoubted ability also levels that out. It is absolutely essential we keep him and Sanchez, if either of those go we might as well give up ever hoping to be perceived as a club where top players can succeed.

Power n Glory
26-04-2016, 10:00 PM
As long as Wenger stays I think losing both players is inevitable. It's a double edged sword. I can't see them signing a new deal whilst he only has a year left on his contract but also can't see them wanting to stay if we continue to blunder our way through a season. I'm pretty sure when they start pulling the old 'show me your sporting ambition' speech, Wenger will get defensive and shop them around. #WengerOut.

A new manager is essential and even if we lost all of our top players but brought in a serious manager that knows what he's doing, I'd have more confidence in the team getting back in shape. I just think of it as a fresh start and a new manager working with a blank canvas creating the team he wants without having to squeeze anyone in from the old regime.

Munchies
26-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Since October 2011 in the EPL Arsenal have been behind at half time 32 times

They've
Won 1
Drew 11
Lost 20

Mental strength & Leadership

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2016, 11:23 PM
So should he be operating from a deeper position where he can have more influence on a game? We've seen all season how badly we've missed Cazorla in that deep role.

It seems like a silly debate, but I've heard Wenger, Henry, Hoddle, Lowe and even Ozil himself admit that he needs to score more goals. This is in light of the PFA and Team of the Year snubs. Also, the debate pops up because we keep hearing Ozil won't sign a new deal. No doubt he's an intelligent footballer but I wish he had more of a stomach to lead the team and not be as passive. You say he's more than a playmaker and I'd argue that too, hence the argument.

He's snubbed because he plays for the biggest bunch of bottlers in the league, managed by the most unambitious manager in the league. If we'd have finished top this year, and if not this year then when, Ozil would have picked up all the awards. Awards go to winners. Ozil was better than Mahrez this year but he didn't play in a better, winning team.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Since October 2011 in the EPL Arsenal have been behind at half time 32 times

They've
Won 1
Drew 11
Lost 20

Mental strength & Leadership

Not good stats. But then again, only being behind at half time on 32 occasions since 2011 is not too bad. Swings and mini roundabouts.

Munchies
26-04-2016, 11:36 PM
https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/with_replies

One of the continuing reasons why many fans complained is we have had plenty of money that could have need used to make us competitive ...

...but alas we held cash, held cash, put up prices to fans, and then spent when too late but only ever just enough. ....

Hoarding cash had benefited one shareholder only, but has not benighted the club or the squad. Cash numbers stark...

May 2015 £228 million

Looking at those numbers can any argument be made that the club used its resources to the best of its ability?

More figures on his page. May 13-15, money went up by £70m!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-04-2016, 02:10 AM
What do Leicester City, Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, West Ham and Southampton all have in common?

All have scored more goals at home in the premier league than us

Our record for goals scored at home is currently joint 9th

selassie
27-04-2016, 06:54 AM
As long as Wenger stays I think losing both players is inevitable. It's a double edged sword. I can't see them signing a new deal whilst he only has a year left on his contract but also can't see them wanting to stay if we continue to blunder our way through a season. I'm pretty sure when they start pulling the old 'show me your sporting ambition' speech, Wenger will get defensive and shop them around. #WengerOut.

A new manager is essential and even if we lost all of our top players but brought in a serious manager that knows what he's doing, I'd have more confidence in the team getting back in shape. I just think of it as a fresh start and a new manager working with a blank canvas creating the team he wants without having to squeeze anyone in from the old regime.

:gp:

Munchies
27-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Arsenal's longest winning run of the season will stand at 4 games (October). The worst of any season under Wenger.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-04-2016, 09:30 AM
The depressing thing is that if we avoid defeat at Norwich it will be our longest unbeaten run of the season.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Arsenal's longest winning run of the season will stand at 4 games (October). The worst of any season under Wenger.

All competitions presumably (though not even sure that was right), it was five in the league. I'm all for calling Wenger out on a shocking season but it needs to be accurate tbf.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-04-2016, 09:46 AM
I'm all for building a giant wicker man statue of Wenger and burning him
Alive in it due to a shocking season but it needs to be an accurate representation tbf.

I can see why South Yorkshire police did what they did, doctoring people's statements is fun

Munchies
27-04-2016, 10:43 AM
New away shirt

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ub1XeIaGT1k/Vx9Jb7F3F9I/AAAAAAAA2l0/idbvLi5YS_kfvIyB4XlWmqYhslVm5yzWgCLcB/s550/arsenal-16-17-away-kit-2.jpg

Another one that I won't be buying

Marc Overmars
27-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Dortmund. :bow:

It would make more sense for us if the black was navy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Ugh I really, really hate the yellow away kits

Nuts to tradition it's an ugly colour

White, Black, Navy, Blue, Gold....fine....but this??

But i wouldn't buy it regardless, even if i was happy with the manager or the team performances....i don't feel comfortable wearing replica kits any more, it's the kind of thing i'll knock around the house in but not outside (last kit I bought was the long sleeve version of the 2008-2010 kit)

Munchies
27-04-2016, 11:00 AM
I'd get more kits if they were cheaper and the money was being invested in the team

I saw a article on HUKD this morning,

Man City are selling their kits for £30

Chelsea/United are selling theirs for £15!

Arsenal? Still £55 :lol:

GP
27-04-2016, 11:02 AM
That looks badass.

Marc Overmars
27-04-2016, 11:04 AM
I like to buy the commemorative kits, like 05/06 and 11/12 and also the first Puma one. These annual iterations though can do one.

Özim
27-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I'd get more kits if they were cheaper and the money was being invested in the team

I saw a article on HUKD this morning,

Man City are selling their kits for £30

Chelsea/United are selling theirs for £15!

Arsenal? Still £55 :lol:

Arsenal, the ripoff merchants of football, overcharge for everything.

Power n Glory
27-04-2016, 11:09 AM
http://www.football365.com/news/henry-to-be-given-arsenal-coaching-role

Reports saying Henry set to be under 18s assistant manager. Return of the King.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Arsenal, the ripoff merchants of football, overcharge for everything.

Prices of merchandise doesn't bother me, people will either buy it or they won't. And the price is as much set by the manafacturer as by the club.

I think ticket prices are the serious issue, people love the club and going to matches is an important social aspect of their lives, watching pap is one thing but being charged more and more to watch pap is something else.

Munchies
27-04-2016, 11:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtntviogtDw

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Özim
27-04-2016, 11:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtntviogtDw

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:lol:

Özim
27-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Prices of merchandise doesn't bother me, people will either buy it or they won't. And the price is as much set by the manafacturer as by the club.

I think ticket prices are the serious issue, people love the club and going to matches is an important social aspect of their lives, watching pap is one thing but being charged more and more to watch pap is something else.

Yes thats true, but it's right across the club everything is overpriced compared to other and even superior more succesful clubs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Indeed, although what i would say is rather that the prices are too high, is that the performances and results on the pitch need to justify those prices.

In of itself the amount of profit the club makes and the recipients of that profit is less a problem than the fact that it comes despite lack of investment

Kano
27-04-2016, 12:36 PM
£25/30 in Sports Direct.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-04-2016, 12:43 PM
£25/30 in Sports Direct.

How do you know that?....do you work there?.....if you do what are you doing using the internet when you should be at work.....back to work you scum or i'll tell Mr Ashley and you will be flogged.

Mr. Lahey
27-04-2016, 01:23 PM
In Response to PNG:

So should he be operating from a deeper position where he can have more influence on a game? We've seen all season how badly we've missed Cazorla in that deep role. Perhaps it should have been something to think about given how woeful our midfield has performed since January. Not saying that it would have been the answer but for me, its clear he can play this position.

It seems like a silly debate, but I've heard Wenger, Henry, Hoddle, Lowe and even Ozil himself admit that he needs to score more goals.
Agreed - he does need to shoot alot more, it is frustrating because we all know he can hit a ball.

This is in light of the PFA and Team of the Year snubs. Also, the debate pops up because we keep hearing Ozil won't sign a new deal. No doubt he's an intelligent footballer but I wish he had more of a stomach to lead the team and not be as passive. You say he's more than a playmaker and I'd argue that too, hence the argument

Fair enough - seems you just dont rate him enough and I dont really want to get into a massive debate as you have already stated your case earlier in this thread. I think that its got so bad and people are so frustrated that fans are really nitpicking at every little thing. The bottom line is we need to keep BOTH of these players. The real problem lies with WEnger and the likes of Giroud, Walcott, Ox, Ramsey, Gabriel and a few of the others, the rest of the quality in this side is just not good enough IMO.

Kano
27-04-2016, 02:12 PM
How do you know that?....do you work there?.....if you do what are you doing using the internet when you should be at work.....back to work you scum or i'll tell Mr Ashley and you will be flogged.

It's funny because it's a shit joke.

AFC Leveller
27-04-2016, 05:07 PM
So apparently our dear manager told Elneny to curb his shooting and focus on the "team game" and only shoot intelligently.....

OK I'm done.

Munchies
27-04-2016, 05:18 PM
So apparently our dear manager told Elneny to curb his shooting and focus on the "team game" and only shoot intelligently.....

OK I'm done.

Was just going to post this!

"I used to shoot a lot when I was at Basel but sometimes that doesn't suit our style here," Elneny said in an interview with the May edition of Arsenal Magazine. "[Wenger] taught me to be more of a team player and to be intelligent in terms of when I shoot. I also paid attention to my teammates and took their advice. That has helped me to improve my performances already."

Here's the source

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/arsenal/story/2859744/arsenal-midfielder-mohamed-elneny-arsene-wenger-told-me-to-shoot-less

:haha:

AFC Leveller
27-04-2016, 05:43 PM

"I used to shoot a lot when I was at Basel but sometimes that doesn't suit our style here," Elneny said in an interview with the May edition of Arsenal Magazine. "[Wenger] taught me to be more of a team player and to be intelligent in terms of when I shoot. I also paid attention to my teammates and took their advice. That has helped me to improve my performances already."

Here's the source

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/arsenal/story/2859744/arsenal-midfielder-mohamed-elneny-arsene-wenger-told-me-to-shoot-less

As if we needed more proof that this guy is holding us back. Teams know we don't shoot and try to score the perfect goal and any decent manager would have come up with a plan by now.

selassie
27-04-2016, 07:07 PM

Here's the source

Munchies
04-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Got sent this just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2167&v=EJY_3SDBZyM

Skip to 36:07 onwards

:haha: :haha: :haha:

This Wenger defender, holy f'n shit!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cho25tJWkAECLwM.jpg

Munchies
04-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Jan vertonghen getting done by an arsenal fan!!

vid https://twitter.com/Oldiron7/status/727943176493924352

GP
04-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Cringe

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Got sent this just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2167&v=EJY_3SDBZyM

Skip to 36:07 onwards

:haha: :haha: :haha:

This Wenger defender, holy f'n shit!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cho25tJWkAECLwM.jpg

That's staged. Nobody is that deluded (except Wenger, Ty and Gingernut). It's a piss take of the Wenger In crowd. That's why the bloke's in a mask.

Kano
04-05-2016, 10:13 PM

The funniest thing about that video is the look of pity on Vertonghen's face.

Marc Overmars
04-05-2016, 10:32 PM
So much cringe.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-05-2016, 06:12 AM
Vertonghen should've decked him for not being able to sing a 'you're having a laugh' song correctly.

adzzzbatch
05-05-2016, 07:52 AM
I see membership renewals are now open, is it me or have they put the prices up?

Marc Overmars
05-05-2016, 09:12 AM
£49 or something like that for Silver lite. I think the prices went up a couple of years ago but I haven't read anything about another increase.

adzzzbatch
05-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Ah fair enough, I should give the club some credit then for not having an increase this year.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
I think there was an agreement to freeze ticket prices made earlier in the year

Niall_Quinn
05-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Ah fair enough, I should give the club some credit then for not having an increase this year.

Don't worry about giving them credit, just give them your money and they'll be delighted.

Gooner23
05-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Cancelled my direct debit for red membership, that will teach them a lesson.. that a tourist can take my place and spend £100 in the club shop

Xhaka Can’t
05-05-2016, 01:36 PM

He shouldn't be allowed to own a smartphone tbh.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2016, 01:39 PM
No kid should be allowed a smart phone.

Nokia 3310's only.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Cancelled my direct debit for red membership, that will teach them a lesson.. that a tourist can take my place and spend £100 in the club shop

I did the same, I'm not trying to teach the club a lesson I just don't want to spend the money

GP
05-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Same blud

Maestro
05-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Same blud

what u sayin' fam?

Munchies
06-05-2016, 08:20 AM
@JamesOlley
Wenger says "it is possible" Arteta could join coaching staff under Guardiola at #mcfc.

So Arteta wants to join the coaching staff at Man City to work under Pep because he feels Pep is tactically the best coach in the world

‎@gunnerblog
If AW's comments about Arteta mean he hasn't been offered a position at #AFC, then that's some vintage AW negligence there.

Oh dear Wenger! Can't make this shit up. Probably isn't a yes man.

Year extention and he fucks off

Power n Glory
06-05-2016, 08:24 AM
This is probably for the best. Let him learn under Pep and then bring him back to Arsenal.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-05-2016, 08:27 AM
This is probably for the best. Let him learn under Pep and then bring him back to Arsenal.

Arteta has got quite a bum rap considering Wenger played him out of position for so long and his legs have been gone for two years. Good luck to him I say, good stabilising figure after the utter unmitigated shambles that was the summer of 2011 and the start to the season.

GP
06-05-2016, 09:14 AM
@JamesOlley
Wenger says "it is possible" Arteta could join coaching staff under Guardiola at #mcfc.

So Arteta wants to join the coaching staff at Man City to work under Pep because he feels Pep is tactically the best coach in the world

‎@gunnerblog
If AW's comments about Arteta mean he hasn't been offered a position at #AFC, then that's some vintage AW negligence there.

Oh dear Wenger! Can't make this shit up. Probably isn't a yes man.

Year extention and he fucks off

What is the problem here, exactly?

Marc Overmars
06-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Arteta. :lol:

I remember him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Just got reminded by Arsenal.com through Facebook that ten years ago today we beat Wigan Athletic 4-2 in our last ever game at Highbury.
The game where there were crowd celebrations after Spurs lost to West Ham giving us 4th place.

The last game I went to at Highbury had been a year earlier when we beat Liverpool 3-1

Marc Overmars
07-05-2016, 08:01 AM
That was a great day, I remember I was absolutely gutted I missed out on tickets for that game. Stuck in a lesson at 6th form when they went on sale. :banghead:

4th place wasn't really a thing then, little did we know what the next 10 years would bring...

Munchies
07-05-2016, 09:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch1u9-BWkAAMTxX.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch15LeKW0AAbwOM.jpg

10 years ago we were told we'd compete on a world stage with the likes of Barca/Real Madrid etc

Munchies
07-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Daniel Levy's message to the Spurs fans after this season
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/chairmanand39s-message-070516/

Dear Supporter

We start today's match knowing that a Champions League place is ours to take. Second place would secure our highest league finish since 1963 and mark the culmination of a truly remarkable season. This has been a season when our team has taken to the pitch and reminded us all why we love this game and why we love our Club.
A second season under Mauricio and his coaching staff has seen the team achieve far more than we had anticipated. This was a season that saw us go a Club record 14 Premier League games unbeaten and challenge for the title right up until this week. With a blend of youth and experience we have seen a squad built for the future.
As you arrived at White Hart Lane for today's match you could not have helped but notice the towering cranes now on the site of the new stadium and, looking up, see our Club emblem proudly displayed on them. They are a clear and distinctive signal of our intent to build for the future both on and off the pitch.

After more than 15 years of land acquisition, nine years in design and planning, we finally have the permissions we need to realise our vision of delivering one of the finest stadiums in the world.
We are building what we believe to be the foundations, literally and metaphorically, for the future of our Club.
As we move forward we know we shall face challenges and we shall often ask you to support us through these. We are currently progressing the build programme and will share details for the coming seasons with you as soon as we have final clarification. After today's match we shall use the closed period to fast track works on site.
Work has commenced on the new Player Lodge at the Training Centre which will provide our players with an exceptional accommodation and recovery facility. This will take around two years to complete. The Club’s First Team and Academy players are our most important assets and this unique and high quality environment will allow us to further improve the care and attention our players receive.
Our days have never been busier and we have no intention of standing still. Some days it feels, with schemes of this magnitude, that our battles are off the pitch as well as on. We intend to approach all with sheer determination to deliver the best for our Club.

Please take a moment to look around you today and savour the atmosphere of our last home game of a memorable season. Our congratulations go to Leicester City on winning the title. A wonderful achievement and a reminder why the Premier League is the most watched league in the world.
It was a thrilling and passionate competition. At times our football has been simply sublime.
w730l
A standout feature of this season has been the unity between players and you, our supporters. The players and coaches will take to the pitch after the match today to thank you and applaud you for the immense support you have given them. I shall be proudly applauding you all.
I firmly believe that this was a season when so much has come together.
Enjoy the Euros and the summer and we look forward to welcoming you all back here next season.
Best wishes to you and your families
Daniel

Night and day compared to our board

Kano
07-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Really? Our board talk a lot of shit too.

Marc Overmars
07-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Hey, at least we get thanked for our interest in their affairs.

Gooner23
07-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Cos building a new stadium definitely gives you progress :d

Xhaka Can’t
07-05-2016, 12:59 PM

Thank-you for your interest in their affairs.

Xhaka Can’t
07-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Hey, at least we get thanked for our interest in their affairs.

Fuck.

At least I got to the last ever game at Highbury.

Özim
07-05-2016, 06:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch1u9-BWkAAMTxX.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch15LeKW0AAbwOM.jpg

10 years ago we were told we'd compete on a world stage with the likes of Barca/Real Madrid etc

Since then it's been 10 years of lies and disappointment.

Munchies
10-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Happy Birthday to Bergkamp and Wiltord today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiE3U74WEAARvjj.jpg

His Arsenal record:

423 games
120 goals
11 seasons
10 trophies

The Iceman

:bow:

Good times. :(

Niall_Quinn
10-05-2016, 08:04 AM
And then the fans went and ruined it all. Bastards!

GP
10-05-2016, 08:31 AM
120 goals
11 seasons

So less than 11 a season?

Even Giroud does better than that.

Munchies
10-05-2016, 08:33 AM
So less than 11 a season?

Even Giroud does better than that.

423 games
120 goals

McNamara That Ghost...
10-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Happy Birthday to Bergkamp and Wiltord today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiE3U74WEAARvjj.jpg

His Arsenal record:

423 games
120 goals
11 seasons
10 trophies

The Iceman

:bow:

Good times. :(

10 trophies? Including the Community Shield I guess.

Niall_Quinn
12-05-2016, 03:29 AM
FORBES' TOP 10 RICHEST CLUBS
1 Real Madrid - £2.52bn
2 Barcelona - £2.46bn
3 Manchester United - £2.3bn
4 Bayern Munich - £1.85bn
5 Arsenal - £1.4bn
6 Manchester City - £1.33bn
7 Chelsea - £1.15bn
8 Liverpool - £1.07bn
9 Juventus - £900m
10 Tottenham - £704m

Kroenke the ****'s "investment" - £500mill. His holdings are now estimated at around £920mill. And the wanker is taking £3mill a year out, at least. I thought he'd clear about £250mill. He's well on target to doubling that. Or more because shares have been going at a premium. Absolutely shocking to be 5th biggest club in the world yet a total embarrassment in Europe. Here are the fruits of Wenger's legacy. Is anyone left in any doubt about what his priorities are?

Globalgunner
12-05-2016, 07:52 AM
We thank you for your interest in our affairs. We continue to be a club that has principles both on and off the field of play. We play the right way and invest the right way. Our owner believes that the best interests of the club are met by investing sparingly and reaping copiously. Also by keeping the old codger we have as manager, we are securing the short and long term future of the club. Besides the banks, our partners in this project(scam) would be aghast if we made any sudden or untoward changes in our carefully strategised plan to milk the morons(fans) who believe in our inexorable climb to 2% from world domination.

In short:p

Ralpheroo72
12-05-2016, 10:47 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2016/05/the-times-claim-wenger-to-to-be-offered-new-deal/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News +-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29

Niall_Quinn
12-05-2016, 11:59 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2016/05/the-times-claim-wenger-to-to-be-offered-new-deal/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News +-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29

That's probably me done then. I can't imagine how I'd be able to stand another three seasons of this shit. The odd Alexis run, the odd Ozil pass, the impetuosity of Iwobi (which Wenger is busy training out of him), what else? I have literally fallen asleep during games this season.

Kroenke will urge him to sign early if we make a strong start next season? So all the joy of winning will be sucked away as the consequences unfold. It's like we're cursed for all eternity. It seems like an eternity anyway.

Kano
13-05-2016, 07:01 AM

Not sure I buy that story. Firstly, I'm not sure a deadline really applies to Wenger. If he went into November undecided, given how much Kroenke and co back him, they wouldn't pull the offer back. Absolutely no way. If Kroenke wants him to stay by offering a new contract, putting a time limit on it doesn't follow logic. Added to the fact that Wenger has often left his extensions right up until the last minute, at least on the last couple of occasions under the current owner. The timing also makes little sense - why October? Arsenal are rarely that organised when it comes to 'transfers' and who would they be able to assess two months into a new season? Quite a bit doesn't add up for me.

Bumble
13-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Not sure I buy that story. Firstly, I'm not sure a deadline really applies to Wenger. If he went into November undecided, given how much Kroenke and co back him, they wouldn't pull the offer back. Absolutely no way. If Kroenke wants him to stay by offering a new contract, putting a time limit on it doesn't follow logic. Added to the fact that Wenger has often left his extensions right up until the last minute, at least on the last couple of occasions under the current owner. The timing also makes little sense - why October? Arsenal are rarely that organised when it comes to 'transfers' and who would they be able to assess two months into a new season? Quite a bit doesn't add up for me.

Generally Wenger has signed extensions quite late on but generally those periods he was still in a strong position and popular among most fans. Now there are protests, fans are regularly turning on each other. So I think there is an element of truth in this and there does need to be a deadline as obviously the board haven't got a clue who to turn to as next manager so probably do need around 7/8 months to find someone else.

The other thing is, if the players know next season is Wenger's last then next season will be a total shambles. Look at City, a vastly better squad and totally underachieved as the manager is going. Chelsea haven't really turned it around still hovering mid table and they have had a caretaker manager. United lots of uncertainty around LVG and that could be part of the reason for inconsistent performances.

I think Wenger will sign again but I hope there is a break clause at the end of next season when Wenger is then given an ambassadorial role and we recruit a new manager. Or maybe this contract offer is to ensure the players don't go through the motions next season as Wenger could still continue in the role.

Kano
13-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Generally Wenger has signed extensions quite late on but generally those periods he was still in a strong position and popular among most fans. Now there are protests, fans are regularly turning on each other. So I think there is an element of truth in this and there does need to be a deadline as obviously the board haven't got a clue who to turn to as next manager so probably do need around 7/8 months to find someone else.

The other thing is, if the players know next season is Wenger's last then next season will be a total shambles. Look at City, a vastly better squad and totally underachieved as the manager is going. Chelsea haven't really turned it around still hovering mid table and they have had a caretaker manager. United lots of uncertainty around LVG and that could be part of the reason for inconsistent performances.

I think Wenger will sign again but I hope there is a break clause at the end of next season when Wenger is then given an ambassadorial role and we recruit a new manager. Or maybe this contract offer is to ensure the players don't go through the motions next season as Wenger could still continue in the role.

Let's say it's November, who could they possibly begin to start identifying then that would be a realistic option? If it is a decent manager (ahem) then they'll be knee deep in the current campaign and at best, their plans won't go tits up until Feb/March when overtures can be made. If it's a crappy manager, then 7/8 months surely wouldn't be needed to pluck them from whatever obscure job they might be in. Arsenal call, you pack your bags and you're off.

The City I put down to an ageing squad that is past its best. They were wildly inconsistent some time before this Pep announcement and that trend continued until the end of the season. I don't think they won back to back Prem games until last month. They also progressed further in the CL than they ever have (despite blowing the semi) so their focus seemed to be elsewhere too. Players under Wenger have been in the same positions in recent times (his last contract as an example) and they'll be thinking it's just as likely he'll sign as he'll leave. City have a different culture of turning over managers quickly and the players are very aware of that. At our club we have this very strange and unique scenario and I'm not sure the mangers contract situation affects the players approach too much. It'll be a shambles either way!

I can't see any other scenario beyond Wenger going upstairs and then being the man who picks out the next manager. No one in the clubs hierarchy seem to want to get involved too heavily on the football side of things, which is a big part reason why the club finds itself in the current situation. They rely too much on his input on and off the pitch and I can't see that marriage dissolving any time soon.

Munchies
13-05-2016, 07:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiSgfbBWEAAsJPz.jpg

:doh:

Henry Winter: Arsenal are insane to consider giving manager new deal

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arsenal-are-insane-to-even-consider-giving-wenger-a-new-deal-

Power n Glory
13-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Let's say it's November, who could they possibly begin to start identifying then that would be a realistic option? If it is a decent manager (ahem) then they'll be knee deep in the current campaign and at best, their plans won't go tits up until Feb/March when overtures can be made. If it's a crappy manager, then 7/8 months surely wouldn't be needed to pluck them from whatever obscure job they might be in. Arsenal call, you pack your bags and you're off.

The City I put down to an ageing squad that is past its best. They were wildly inconsistent some time before this Pep announcement and that trend continued until the end of the season. I don't think they won back to back Prem games until last month. They also progressed further in the CL than they ever have (despite blowing the semi) so their focus seemed to be elsewhere too. Players under Wenger have been in the same positions in recent times (his last contract as an example) and they'll be thinking it's just as likely he'll sign as he'll leave. City have a different culture of turning over managers quickly and the players are very aware of that. At our club we have this very strange and unique scenario and I'm not sure the mangers contract situation affects the players approach too much. It'll be a shambles either way!

I can't see any other scenario beyond Wenger going upstairs and then being the man who picks out the next manager. No one in the clubs hierarchy seem to want to get involved too heavily on the football side of things, which is a big part reason why the club finds itself in the current situation. They rely too much on his input on and off the pitch and I can't see that marriage dissolving any time soon.

They could already have a shortlist of candidates. The deadline could be for when they make an official approach.

Power n Glory
13-05-2016, 07:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiSgfbBWEAAsJPz.jpg

:doh:

Henry Winter: Arsenal are insane to consider giving manager new deal

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arsenal-are-insane-to-even-consider-giving-wenger-a-new-deal-

It's nuts. Let's hope it's just a gesture if there is a such a thing. Offer him a really shitty contract so it looks like it's his decision to leave. I doubt that's the case though. We've probably smacked a £12m a year deal on the table!

Munchies
13-05-2016, 07:59 AM
It's nuts. Let's hope it's just a gesture if there is a such a thing. Offer him a really shitty contract so it looks like it's his decision to leave. I doubt that's the case though. We've probably smacked a £12m a year deal on the table!

It's like he isn't accountable for anything other than getting top 4.

If he gets offered and accepts a new deal, I'm done until he leaves.

His press conference is coming up now. Hopefully the press grill him on it

Power n Glory
13-05-2016, 08:08 AM
It's like he isn't accountable for anything other than getting top 4.

If he gets offered and accepts a new deal, I'm done until he leaves.

His press conference is coming up now. Hopefully the press grill him on it

I'm getting to that point. If we go into another season without a striker, I'll probably switch off.

AFC Leveller
13-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Koeman would be a decent replacement. I just love the way his teams play fearless football and are able to get wins away to big clubs. He has lost about 6/7 keys players over the last 2 years yet he still managed to produce good football and god performances, this season they are on a record points tally I think and that is mainly down to him.

Our board rely on Wenger too much though and will continue to back him until the day he dies. They don't care about titles and winning, that's obvious by now. Soon as he gets them their 4th place trophy they offer him a new deal. If wenger really cared about the club like he says then he should announce right now that he will leave in the summer of 2017 and give the club time to find a decent replacement. Apart from those managers already at big(ger) clubs, I cannot see anybody turning down the job.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 08:19 AM
This is not a new story, the deal taking Wenger up until 2019 has been doing the rounds for over six months

I am inclined to think it's probably true as it will take him up to his 70th year (he'd be 69 and seven months). We know that the club will never sack him and it's quite probably only Wenger himself who is stalling on the deal as he'd usually sign contract extensions with eighteen months still on the clock. And it was only 2014 that he let his contract run down.

In some ways it also indicates the board are getting fed up with Wenger and dangling a deal in front of him but saying well take it or leave it, sign by October or we will look for other options and banking on him to be reluctant to sign a contract extension.

Don't get me wrong Wenger has his flaws and is infuriating but it's also clear that the board have been happy to use him as a lightning rod, this is a bit of a craven act. If Wenger signs a contract the anger is with him for being out of touch with fans and if he doesn't sign they can look for a replacement without creating any conflict or bad feeling with Wenger.

Munchies
13-05-2016, 08:30 AM
He just addressed it

@arseblog
Wenger on 2 year extension story - “That’s completely wrong, don’t know where it comes from. It’s an invention. Completely false”.

https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/731037447325401088

Power n Glory
13-05-2016, 08:41 AM
:dance:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Remember when he went absolutely crazy with journalists three years ago over a similar thing, said the only reason the report was there was to do harm (or shit stir to paraphrase).

Actually felt Wenger was well within his rights to kick off that day, wanky journalists who play act that they are on the side of fans to sell their Columns in newspapers.

When you think of the school girl crush attitude they have with Mourinho, hanging on his every word, would love him even if he told them he'd been fellated by their wives.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Tim Payton seems convinced that next season is Wengers last, he's claiming that speaking to people The Board is not going to offer him a new contract no matter what.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2016, 09:40 AM
He just addressed it

@arseblog
Wenger on 2 year extension story - “That’s completely wrong, don’t know where it comes from. It’s an invention. Completely false”.

https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/731037447325401088

I don't believe anything that comes out of the club. Not that I believe the media either. But one thing's for sure, if something is happening the fans will be the last to know.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Assuming that next season is his last, it's a tricky situation balancing making Wenger more of a lame duck than he already is against uniting the fans.

There is no doubt that an announcement that it was Wengers last season would change the atmosphere in the stadium but in a season where champions league qualification will be far more difficult than this season and I think it would be more important for us to finish in the top four next season than any other time if it is his last season.

Munchies
13-05-2016, 09:56 AM

Watford's manager is leaving

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/731059175195836417

Would take him here all day

GP
13-05-2016, 09:57 AM
#SignDaTing

Munchies
13-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Bacary Sagna .... we want you to stayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 10:07 AM

Watford's manager is leaving

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/731059175195836417

Would take him here all day

This is the problem, rightly or wrongly the opinion of Wenger is so low than any Tom, dick or Harry would be considered better. I still remember someone on here saying Pulis would be a better choice.....nuts.

If we want an average manager we might as well stick with the one we have.

Certainly hope the board shows more ambition than you when the time comes.

Özim
13-05-2016, 01:16 PM
This is the problem, rightly or wrongly the opinion of Wenger is so low than any Tom, dick or Harry would be considered better. I still remember someone on here saying Pulis would be a better choice.....nuts.

If we want an average manager we might as well stick with the one we have.

Certainly hope the board shows more ambition than you when the time comes.

Would you rather have an average manager that is tight firsted and patronises the fans as well as making excuses for his poor performance left right and centre or an average manager that spends and accepts his mistakes?

If you asked me if I'd rather have Wenger signing on for another 2 years or another manager where things could possibly change it's no competition for me, more of the same would be unbearable, as would his smug arrogant patronising manner.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Would you rather have an average manager that is tight firsted and patronises the fans as well as making excuses for his poor performance left right and centre or an average manager that spends and accepts his mistakes?

If you asked me if I'd rather have Wenger signing on for another 2 years or another manager where things could possibly change it's no competition for me, more of the same would be unbearable, as would his smug arrogant patronising manner.

That's where we differ, i want Wenger to go because i want someone in who can take us forward.....you want Wenger to go because you don't like him.

Wenger's inaction in the transfer market and his press conferences are frustrating, but i wouldn't care about either if we were competing.

If we had won the title and Wenger had said "well we would have got an even higher points total if the fans had been more supportive" do you think anyone would really be that up in arms?.

Get someone in who has real ambitions and real ability by all means, but let's not pretend that thinking anyone would be better than Wenger is anything other familiarity breeding contempt.

The hypothetrical you present shouldn't be a neccessary choice whether Wenger goes in 2017 or 2019, his replacement should be someone capable of winning us the league and taking us further in the Champions League.

Maybe you think that qualifies QSF because of a Europa league final win over Roy Hodgson's Fulham in 2010, i beg to differ.

Özim
13-05-2016, 01:27 PM
That's probably me done then. I can't imagine how I'd be able to stand another three seasons of this shit. The odd Alexis run, the odd Ozil pass, the impetuosity of Iwobi (which Wenger is busy training out of him), what else? I have literally fallen asleep during games this season.

Kroenke will urge him to sign early if we make a strong start next season? So all the joy of winning will be sucked away as the consequences unfold. It's like we're cursed for all eternity. It seems like an eternity anyway.

No me neither, what kind of clowns would offer a manager a new contract in the current climate, it's beyond a joke.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 01:40 PM
If the story is true, i think it's more of a result of a leak from the board/owner to put pressure on Wenger

a way of saying "you are going into the last year of your contract, if you are going we need to know before the end of the season to plan for that contingency"

They don't want to take the step of not offering him a new one which is a bit spineless, and if he signs than all the pressure shifts from them onto Wenger for signing it.

Wenger puts up with being used as a lightning rod because he knows he wouldn't have got the same level of "support" and autonomy anywhere else.

Özim
13-05-2016, 01:43 PM
That's where we differ, i want Wenger to go because i want someone in who can take us forward.....you want Wenger to go because you don't like him.

Wenger's inaction in the transfer market and his press conferences are frustrating, but i wouldn't care about either if we were competing.

If we had won the title and Wenger had said "well we would have got an even higher points total if the fans had been more supportive" do you think anyone would really be that up in arms?.

Get someone in who has real ambitions and real ability by all means, but let's not pretend that thinking anyone would be better than Wenger is anything other familiarity breeding contempt.

It shouldn't be a neccessary choice whether Wenger goes in 2017 or 2019, his replacement should be someone capable of winning us the league and taking us further in the Champions League.

Maybe you think that qualifies QSF because of a Europa league final win over Roy Hodgson's Fulham in 2010, i beg to differ.

I want him gone for lots of reasons:

- He's tactically inept
- He's cheap
- He's a very poor planner
- He is convinced we play good football and entertain despite the rubbish we put out week in week out
- He insists on relying on injury prone players year after year despite them always getting injured
- He doesn't really address/recognise problem areas
- His substitutions seem to be planned before the season has started
- He's full of excuses and accepts no responsibility
- He patronises the fans and is arrogant
- He's too loyal to players who don't perform
- He spends too much on the future and not enough on the present
- He's very inflexible with regards style of play
- He doesn't study the opposition
- 4th place is like winning the league for him

So you see it's not just that I don't like him, though I admit his patronising manner does get up my nose, I feel a manager should be more humble (one that hasn't been that successful in recent times in particular) and should be accountable for his mistakes.

In an ideal world I want someone to take us to the next level obviously, someone already proven as top class, but until a change is made we'll never know how well someone else does, look at Ranieri for example, in addition changing manager would bring back some hope, excitement and unpredictability, Wenger is just so predictable and that is very very dull indeed, that's why I feel he's the most boring manager in world football.

As for if he'd won the league, well he didn't and he never will because of the way he is, there's no if and buts with Wenger he's so rigid there's really only one outcome.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 02:08 PM
There is never any guarantee that a new manager will lead to success, and yes it is a gamble worth taking.

My issue is with people thinking that "any" manager could be doing a better job than Wenger, which seems to me frankly ridiculous especially when so many of the people we have named as potential successors have fallen hard.

It's not an excuse to keep things going as they, but it's a reason to be extremely careful to make sure we get the right man in and not just "Wengers a cunt, anyone could do a better job than him". It's that kind of mentality which means those who want a manager change aren't taken as seriously as they should be.

And as much as Wengers attitude gets up your nose, someone saying that a journeyman like Quique Sanchez Flores would be a preferable choice gets up mine. I just think I'm glad that the choice won't be yours.

To a lesser extent I feel the same about Koeman, he is for me too old not to have won a big trophy in a major league so he should not be a consideration no matter how well he's done with Southampton. If we are to take a gamble I'd rather it with a younger man like Thomas Tuchel or Unai Emery.

Özim
13-05-2016, 02:18 PM
There is never any guarantee that a new manager will lead to success, and yes it is a gamble worth taking.

My issue is with people thinking that "any" manager could be doing a better job than Wenger, which seems to me frankly ridiculous especially when so many of the people we have named as potential successors have fallen hard.

It's not an excuse to keep things going as they, but it's a reason to be extremely careful to make sure we get the right man in and not just "Wengers a cunt, anyone could do a better job than him". It's that kind of mentality which means those who want a manager change aren't taken as seriously as they should be.

And as much as Wengers attitude gets up your nose, someone saying that a journeyman like Quique Sanchez Flores would be a preferable choice gets up mine. I just think I'm glad that the choice won't be yours.

To a lesser extent I feel the same about Koeman, he is for me too old not to have won a big trophy in a major league so he should not be a consideration no matter how well he's done with Southampton. If we are to take a gamble I'd rather it with a younger man like Thomas Tuchel or Unai Emery.

Tuchel for me hasn't really proven himself, he's not won anything either and to be honest seeing as he inherited a team full of talent he's hasn't done a mindblowingly good job at Dortmund, their CL exit followed by that embarrassment by Liverpool really don't help, Emery is a good bet however, as I've said before Simeone would be my choice.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2016, 02:19 PM
It's all academic anyway. The one thing that seems certain is he's here next season and so are our despicable board. So we can declare the result now. Speaking of the future in the past tense, as it is safe to do as an Arsenal fan... We finished 3rd or 4th, got owned in Europe, played understrength sides in the cups and got knocked out and collapsed at the key moment when we could have mounted a title challenge.

So then 2017/18 - wonder what will happen? Will Wenger push his luck even further and stay on or will he bring a yes-man in and drive from the back seat?

It's all so exciting.

Kano
13-05-2016, 02:26 PM
I want him gone for lots of reasons:

- He's tactically inept
- He's cheap
- He's a very poor planner
- He is convinced we play good football and entertain despite the rubbish we put out week in week out
- He insists on relying on injury prone players year after year despite them always getting injured
- He doesn't really address/recognise problem areas
- His substitutions seem to be planned before the season has started
- He's full of excuses and accepts no responsibility
- He patronises the fans and is arrogant
- He's too loyal to players who don't perform
- He spends too much on the future and not enough on the present
- He's very inflexible with regards style of play
- He doesn't study the opposition
- 4th place is like winning the league for him

So you see it's not just that I don't like him, though I admit his patronising manner does get up my nose, I feel a manager should be more humble (one that hasn't been that successful in recent times in particular) and should be accountable for his mistakes.

In an ideal world I want someone to take us to the next level obviously, someone already proven as top class, but until a change is made we'll never know how well someone else does, look at Ranieri for example, in addition changing manager would bring back some hope, excitement and unpredictability, Wenger is just so predictable and that is very very dull indeed, that's why I feel he's the most boring manager in world football.

As for if he'd won the league, well he didn't and he never will because of the way he is, there's no if and buts with Wenger he's so rigid there's really only one outcome.

What do you like about Arsenal in its current status?

Özim
13-05-2016, 02:32 PM
What do you like about Arsenal in its current status?

Not a lot to be honest, it's a shadow of the club it once was, I'd argue as far away from a football club as you get in football today, no respect from the manager or owners, most of the players just pick up their pay packets and are actually not too bothered about whether they win or not, noone there really cares about the football or the results, it's basically all about money, I can't name one other club that behaves this way, what's worse is they get away with it scott free and actually have people defending their policies.

People say Wenger and co have made this club what it is, well if that's the case there's not an awful lot to thank them for IMO.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Tuchel for me hasn't really proven himself, he's not won anything either and to be honest seeing as he inherited a team full of talent he's hasn't done a mindblowingly good job at Dortmund, their CL exit followed by that embarrassment by Liverpool really don't help, Emery is a good bet however, as I've said before Simeone would be my choice.

Champions league exit?....they didn't qualify for the champions league in Klopps last season

They finished second in the Bundesliga pushing Bayern to the penultimate game of the season, and achieved a points total higher than Dortmund did under Klopp when winning the Bundesliga. You can call losing to a club managed by your own club's previous manager who has worked with almost all the players in that side and knows their strengths and weaknesses an embarrassment if you like. I think looking at the way Dortmund play and that this is only his first season in charge after a very promising start to his managerial career with Mainz this is a manager in the ascendancy.

I think Dortmund look good to watch and work hard when they don't have the ball. What Simeone has done is admirable, but a) i don't find Atleti's style of play in anyway enjoyable and b) I can't imagine he'd want to leave Spain.....you'd think if he had wanted to leave he'd have gone to Chelsea.

But then i could be wrong, he wouldn't be my top choice....but if we got him I certainly wouldn't be disappointed.

Kano
13-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Not a lot to be honest
I know but what actually do you like, specifically? I ask because going by that previous list, there isn't a single thing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-05-2016, 03:53 PM
I think at the risk of answering for him that he loves the club just not its current trajectory.

And I think apart from a few idiots no fan is satisfied with how the club is at the moment regardless of whether they are Wenger in or out.

Özim
13-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Champions league exit?....they didn't qualify for the champions league in Klopps last season

They finished second in the Bundesliga pushing Bayern to the penultimate game of the season, and achieved a points total higher than Dortmund did under Klopp when winning the Bundesliga. You can call losing to a club managed by your own club's previous manager who has worked with almost all the players in that side and knows their strengths and weaknesses an embarrassment if you like. I think looking at the way Dortmund play and that this is only his first season in charge after a very promising start to his managerial career with Mainz this is a manager in the ascendancy.

I think Dortmund look good to watch and work hard when they don't have the ball. What Simeone has done is admirable, but a) i don't find Atleti's style of play in anyway enjoyable and b) I can't imagine he'd want to leave Spain.....you'd think if he had wanted to leave he'd have gone to Chelsea.

But then i could be wrong, he wouldn't be my top choice....but if we got him I certainly wouldn't be disappointed.

Apologies I got my wires crossed.

2nd to Guardiola's Bayern who IMO aren't that great so it's not unexpected they'd finish 2nd since there's not much competition in Germany and they certainly have the 2nd best squad of players. It was an embarrassment as they capitulated to be honest, they should have seen out the match easily enough against a Liverpool team who aren't all that great.

For me I don't want to have pretty play with a soft centre, I want a team who can defend and can perform at the top level and upset the odds, unless you have the best team winning with attacking football with not such a good defence doesn't work, build from the back and add flair to open up defences and some goals up front and you'll be likely to be challenging.

Özim
13-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I know but what actually do you like, specifically? I ask because going by that previous list, there isn't a single thing.

What do I like, some of the players but that's about it really at the moment, there's not much to revere unless finances interest you because on a purely football basis this isn't much of a football club anymore.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-05-2016, 12:29 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/07/thomas-tuchel-borussia-dortmund-jurgen-klopp

I think judging Tuchel through the prism of a two legged tie against Liverpool is frankly ludicrous

I think this is a guy who has it in him to surpass Jurgen Klopp if he stays at Dortmund, he has a great sense of tactical flexibility and getting the best performances out of players.

I honestly think Tuchel is exactly the kind of manager we are looking for, the innovator.

Özim
14-05-2016, 06:56 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/07/thomas-tuchel-borussia-dortmund-jurgen-klopp

I think judging Tuchel through the prism of a two legged tie against Liverpool is frankly ludicrous

I think this is a guy who has it in him to surpass Jurgen Klopp if he stays at Dortmund, he has a great sense of tactical flexibility and getting the best performances out of players.

I honestly think Tuchel is exactly the kind of manager we are looking for, the innovator.

Based on that article this guy sounds like another Wenger, not sure that's a good thing, he seems to overcomplicate the game to me.

Jurgen Klopp laid all the foundations, his team won the Bundesligue and got to a CL final and were one of the best in Europe, despite his last season Tuchel inherited a great team so what he's not so far is nothing to ride home about. Dortmund should have won the Europa league based on the amount of talent in their team, their 2nd capitulation against Liverpool for me was a big surprise and I thought they were better than that, you might call it one game but it was the manner in which it happened against a Liverpool side in the rebuilding stage that was shocking.

IMO he's achieved nothing special in his career and what he's done at Dortmund isn't anything amazing either when you compare him to other potential candidates who have won things and outwitted superior teams with greater resources.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Basically following in Klopps footsteps he took Mainz to promotion and instead of getting them relegated again qualified them for Europe.

This same Dortmund side finished 7th last season and he's turned them into a much better side, took Klopp three years to win what he did with Dortmund. So for me certainly interesting to see what he does next season.

Love how you say sounds like another Wenger to me like it's a bad thing, would you have rather Wenger never joined Arsenal?.

Frankly I think a younger Version of Wenger who is a bit more tactically minded is exactly what the club needs. The problem with Wenger is that he is stale and no longer an innovator, but Tuchel for me is. He is clearly getting the best out of Aubemeyang and a lot of the other players who looked tired and worn.

Özim
14-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Basically following in Klopps footsteps he took Mainz to promotion and instead of getting them relegated again qualified them for Europe.

This same Dortmund side finished 7th last season and he's turned them into a much better side, took Klopp three years to win what he did with Dortmund. So for me certainly interesting to see what he does next season.

Love how you say sounds like another Wenger to me like it's a bad thing, would you have rather Wenger never joined Arsenal?.

Frankly I think a younger Version of Wenger who is a bit more tactically minded is exactly what the club needs. The problem with Wenger is that he is stale and no longer an innovator, but Tuchel for me is. He is clearly getting the best out of Aubemeyang and a lot of the other players who looked tired and worn.

With all due respect the German league really isn't that good so I wouldn't call that a massive achievement, he never won or came close to winning anything.

Despite that one off season Dortmund either won or came 2nd in the Bundesligue, sometimes clubs have one bad season, it doesn't make them a bad team, I don't see that he really improved them based on previous performances of the team (not just one season).

No thanks, I want a shift completely away from Wenger to something different now, his methods don't work in modern football and years of the same makes me want a complete change away from that type of methodology. Again Dortmund had one under par season, they've simply returned to where they were.

I'm torn about Wenger, on the one hand he delivered success and some great football in the early days, but considering the state of the club now and how little I like about it, I'm beginning to wonder, it's now been 12 years since we've been at the top which is more than half of his career with us.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-05-2016, 09:08 AM
That's football, Liverpool the formerly biggest side in England is 26 years and counting with countless managers

It's up to you of course but you aren't going to find many people who agree with you, of course Wenger has stayed too long but the size of the club has grown during his time here where it is virtually unrecognisable from what it was twenty years ago and it would be hard to think that wasn't all a combination of Wenger, Dein and Fiszman.

You would have to go back to the 1930s to find a manager who has come close to achieving what Wenger has, and the accounts don't lie although he could have spent more than he did we were essentially selling players in order to prevent us making financial losses. And despite this we finished in the top four and secured long term financial stability. The problem is now is that to reap the rewards from this we need Wenger to move on.

I think it's certain that within a few years of him being gone, even his biggest detractors will seen in the cold light of day that he was something special and has earnt his Immortality at the club.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-05-2016, 09:38 AM
I've been the biggest advocate for Tuchel on here for a while ........ quality manager. Would turn our bunch of tippy tappy pansies into a lean mean fast attacking machine.

However it's only his first season in Dortmund and no matter what financial package we could offer, I don't think he's the type of guy (based on what I've read about him) who'd want to leave only a year into the project he started at Dortmund. I think we'd need to wait at least two more years tbh (yes I know that Wenger isn't going anywhere).

Gooner23
14-05-2016, 10:32 AM
I also think the German league is a bit under rated, I watch the highlights every week and really enjoy it (more so than MOTD to be honest). Appreciate its difficult to fully judge when not watching full games, but from what I have seen the technical level and style of play is good.

On the flip side of the Liverpool result, you could argue Dortmund (2nd best team in Germany this season) completely bossed it against the Spuds (2nd best team in England this season). Tuchel is exactly the kind of manager we should be looking at, young & hungry and gets his team playing quick counter attacking football. That's what I want to see from Arsenal. And if he could bring Aubameyang with him that would be excellent :pray:

I am invisible
14-05-2016, 09:51 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3590736/Arsenal-poised-Premier-League-rankings-prize-money-despite-underwhelming-season.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

No.1 in the earnings table! :bow:

Totally counts as a trophy.

Kano
15-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Bantz with the Romford Pele:

Arsène was a one-off manager for me. Such a clever man with such a knack at understanding people. But he could also be a walking disaster. He would do something accidentally every day. A typical example was when we were all doing a stretching exercise. One of the relaxation methods we used was to lie on our backs and raise our legs up against the wall, leaning them like that for a couple of minutes or so. Completely silent. Arsène used to do everything with us. On one occasion we were in this large room in a hotel and he put his legs up against a partition wall rather than a solid one. He went straight through it. He just rolled over and went into the other part of the room. We were supposed to be being serious and calm but it was impossible not to laugh. Arsène came back in and we had to try to be quiet but out of the corner of your eye you could see people sniggering.

I used to call him Inspector Clouseau. He’d fall over the nets, get tangled up, couldn’t get the balls out. I used to love Peter Sellers, I used to watch all the Pink Panther films when I was younger and Clouseau was my favourite character. Wenger shared some of those foibles, so I couldn’t resist choosing that nickname.

We used to bring all the Pink Panther box sets and videos with us when we were on the coach to games. The English lads at the back are laughing and all the French lads are like: “What is this?” But Arsène would be laughing too, he used to love it. It so happened we were watching one on the way to Selhurst Park, with the infamous accent as Clouseau describes a bomb as a “beum”.

We were playing Wimbledon at Selhurst, where they were renting at the time, in Arsène’s first full season in 1997-98. A few seconds after the second half started, with the game still at 0-0 and us looking the better side, the lights went out. Floodlight failure apparently. Arsène was late out of the dressing room at half-time, he’d gone to the toilet. We had gone out to play and the lights were out and we came back into the dressing room before he was out. I sat down next to Tony Adams and Arsène comes out of the toilet to see us all sitting there. “What is this?” he says. “What is going on?”

In my best Inspector Clouseau accent I said: “There’s a beum in the stand.” I thought he didn’t hear me. Tony looked at me and whispered: “You idiot. What did you say that for?”

Arsène looked round. “What did you say Ray?” I just had to make something up. “We should be winning this game,” I blurted out.

If I was at a crossroads when Arsène arrived, then the timing was perfect to ensure I went in the right direction. It was a time where a lot of things came together. The influence of the manager, new continental players arriving, Tony stopping drinking, not going out so much.

Arsène’s ways helped me to change as a footballer and a person. He is a very genuine man. He didn’t want to hold anyone back. Go out and play. You had to be organised and know what you were doing, but he did want you to express yourself, without worrying about mistakes. He stressed how he wanted us to be positive and trust our own ability. He was an extraordinary character. I loved him to bits.

It has been well documented that Arsène introduced a lot of changes about diet and how we were refuelling. I didn’t mind vegetables and all that, so I liked it. I didn’t eat chocolate anyway, but Nigel Winterburn and some of the others wanted their treats. They’d still get chocolate and put it in their bag. Those guys were 30 years old. It’s harder to change your habits when you’re that age.

But we were coming out of a different era. We had an eating competition once on the way back from Newcastle. It was a six-hour journey so we were like: “What should we do today? Let’s have an eating contest.” No reason, really, it was just something to do. We must have had about eight dinners. Bouldy [Steve Bould] won by a mile: he had nine. In the end we had to stop, a few of the players were being sick outside the coach. But under Arsène those days were becoming history.

We grew into a super team. One of Arsène’s great strengths in those early days was the quality of player he recruited. After winning the first double in 1998 we might have lost Nicolas Anelka, Marc Overmars and Emmanuel Petit but the brilliance of Arsène is he found a way to get people of the calibre of Thierry Henry, Robert Pires and Edu to take on those

Thierry had worked with Arsène before at Monaco when he was a young player so obviously the boss knew all about him. When he first turned up, though, Thierry struggled. All the lads were saying: “We can’t win the league. We need a proper goalscorer.” But once he scored his first goal his attitude completely changed. All the confidence and belief took over. He was such an incredible athlete, with a fantastic stride, and so skilful.

I used to sit next to him a lot, as in the dressing room we would sit according to squad number. He was 14 and I was 15. We would be next to each other at the training ground every day while we got changed. He was quiet as a mouse to start with. I used to call him Terry. He used to look back at me, I wasn’t sure what he thought of that to start with. Once he settled in we used to muck about a lot. I taught him a bit of London slang. He loved imitating it. Dog and bone, phone, and all that.

I remember once he scored a goal against Manchester City which went in off the post in a game we won and I was man of the match, so we were both asked to do the post-match interview in the halfway house, the little room midway along the tunnel at Highbury. On the way I said to him: “Thierry, this is the perfect time to say: ‘I hit the ball and had a bit of luck off the beans on toast.’” He said it live on TV. They asked him about his goal and there it was: “Yes, I hit it well but I had some luck because the ball came off the beans on toast.” He started laughing. He looked at me and said: “Ray told me to say that.” He loved our jokes.

There was such a great team spirit then. No bickering and picking on each other. People often used to ask what the camaraderie was like, assuming with the mix of French and English and Dutch and African and all sorts that it might not work or that there would be cliques. But it was brilliant. Everybody respected where everyone else came from and the most important instinct was that we were all a team together.

Thierry took me to Nike Town once. I was happy to go along. I was after a couple of golf clubs. Tiger Woods was sponsored by Nike and they had some great gear. When we got there, they had roped it all off. Thierry Henry was coming so they closed this massive store. He was with his mum and I was with my missus, Jo. We walked in and he told us to go around and pick out some stuff. Anything we want. Thanks, Thierry!

I had a trolley, the sort of thing you get at the supermarket, and we were filling it up with trainers and jackets, jumpers, golf clubs sticking out. In the end I had so much in my trolley I felt like a rag and bone man. Every gap had something in it. My missus said: “Are you sure about this, Ray?” We were with Thierry, no problem.

As we got to the reception area, there was Thierry and his mum with one pair of trainers each. That was it. My trolley was overflowing with gear. The man from Nike packed it all in my car and I thought: “This is unbelievable, about £3,000’s worth of Nike gear. What a service!” As I drove past Thierry’s car I wound the window down and said: “Thierry, what are you doing next week?” “I’m not coming here with you again!"

Arsène was so clever at identifying great players to come in. But there were one or two gambles that didn’t quite come off. In the summer of 2000 a player turned up on trial at our pre-season tour. He was a tall centre-half. Now, Martin Keown was always worried about people coming in to steal his position. If we had a centre-half on trial, Martin would say he was useless. This big guy from Latvia, Igors Stepanovs, turned up. He was a unit, but seriously, he was not up to standard.

A few of us were on the bench watching as he played in this trial game. Stepanovs is out there and every single pass he made, the boys started applauding, just because we knew Martin would be getting a bit steamed up by it. Dennis Bergkamp was sitting behind Arsène and kept doling out these compliments about this defender. “Great header! Unbelievable tackle!” Igors kicked this one ball 20 yards away from where it was meant to go but it still went to one of our players so we all stood up clapping. Martin’s muttering: “He’s not that good.” He started to point out where he missed a tackle or a header.

That night we went for dinner and laughed about it as we were only trying to wind Martin up. We all knew Igors was nowhere near the standards set by Tony Adams, Martin and Bouldy. But Martin is such an easy target because he bites. Once someone bites it’s too tempting. Dennis seldom missed a trick because Martin would kick him every day in training. He always came out with a blinder to explain it to Dennis: “I’m just getting you ready for what you are going to face in the match.” Martin was a great player, a great character, a great winner. I think we all cared so deeply.

When we got back to the training ground at London Colney a week later we had a surprise though. Igors was sitting there. I said: “What are you doing here?” “They signed me. Four-year contract.”

Incredible. Arsène didn’t know we were just trying to tease Martin. He just kept listening to us heaping praise on this player. And if Dennis Bergkamp stands up and says: “What a player,” Arsène would be entitled to take a bit of notice. I suppose it looked like a bargain at around £1m. No disrespect to anyone from the lower leagues but Igors was a yard behind us on the pitch, it was like taking my brother to training.

The next thing we know we’ve got the biggest injury crisis we’ve ever had at centre-half. And the only fit centre-half we’ve got is Igors and who are we playing at the weekend? Man United at Old Trafford. Going into the game our back four looked a bit dicey really. Oleg Luzhny, Gilles Grimandi, Igors and Ashley Cole, who had to go off at half-time.

Dwight Yorke ran us ragged. Seriously, it was humiliating. They scored the first goal and we managed to equalise. We thought: “OK, we’ll take that.” And then all of a sudden the goals started pouring in and we were 5-1 down by half-time. There is a massive walk to the tunnel at Old Trafford and you could see Arsène was fuming. He hardly every swore or shouted but he did that day. I remember doing the long walk to the tunnel alongside Dwight Yorke and he asked: “Where the hell did you get that centre-half from?” “Look, it’s a long story …”

We sat down in the dressing room and it could’ve been 9-1 as David Seaman actually had a blinder in goal. Arsène started letting off and he’s not a swearer, it just doesn’t suit him, and I’m really desperate to laugh. I’m making no eye contact and I could see Pat Rice in my peripheral vision sending me a look that said: “Don’t laugh. Whatever you do. Do. Not. Laugh.” Arsène was going mad. And that was the only time, in the eight years I played under him, he went crazy at half-time. He was always focused on being calm, recovering and keeping concentrated on what we needed to do. We lost 6-1 and poor Igors barely played again.

Having played in the three title-winning teams in the early Wenger years – 1998, 2002 and 2004 – it’s almost impossible to say which was the best team. If I absolutely had to pick one to play one last game with, the 1998 team maybe edges it for me personally. Don’t get me wrong, to go unbeaten is mind-blowing, and I know we didn’t have Thierry Henry back in 98, but what makes it special it was Arsène’s first full season. Nobody expected a foreign coach to come into Arsenal and turn it around like he did. We hadn’t won the league for seven years at that point, and the club was drifting, maybe even going backwards, so for that reason, with a small and fantastic squad, it was exceptional.

The other question that is almost as hard is when people ask who is the crème de la crème of Arsenal players, the best ever? The favourites are Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry, but who to pick? It’s too hard. It’s a toss of a coin.

Thierry is a great lad and very intelligent, which is why I think he can make a manager one day. He is not short of opinions. There was a spell when he was unmarkable. The only thing Dennis did differently for me is he transformed the nature of the club with his professionalism. Of course, Dennis was also special to play with. He could read your mind.

Dennis’s fear of flying is something that had an impact on his career. There were games he couldn’t attend and when he was our best player that was difficult at times, for him as well as the rest of us. It became a bit of a joke really. I was always going on about The A-Team, saying: “Give him an injection, throw him on the plane!” In the end we flew everywhere north of Watford, so it was too easy an opportunity to wind him up. Manchester, Newcastle, Stoke – we would fly. On the way home after a game we would get on the coach and have our dinner on the way back to the airport. Then once we got off for the plane Dennis would carry on by himself on the coach. After half an hour or 40 minutes we’d landed at Luton and used to ring him knowing full well what the M1 is like. “How are you getting on Dennis?”

“I’m near Doncaster.”

“Ah well, I’m just getting home now.”

It was an easy wind-up but he didn’t care. He just said he wasn’t getting on a plane and he stuck to it. It was a terrible phobia. I was amazed he didn’t get help, though. In the end it was a clause in his contract so there was no debate. In all seriousness we respected it. If someone has a fear that is so deep, what can you do? He was a player that was so good for us we accepted it.

I still want Arsène to be successful. It meant a lot to see him win those two FA Cups in 2014 and 2015 and get back to winning ways. Nobody deserves to win the league one more time more than him. The club have stuck by him and he has stuck by them and that is so unusual in the modern game. Moving from Highbury to the Emirates, the new training ground, whoever takes over from Arsène owes him a lot. What he has achieved he can walk away a proud man.

If some people didn’t rate me that highly I don’t mind that. The most important person to rate you is the manager, and luckily enough someone as high class as Arsène Wenger really rated me for the best part of a decade.

I always say: you can’t win the league with 10 Thierry Henrys or 10 Tony Adams. You have to have the mixture, the blend of qualities. Probably my best attribute is I never knew when I was beaten. I gave every ounce every game. That gave me a buzz. You know full well if you played well or not when you walk off the pitch. You should never walk off thinking: “I should have done a bit more today.” You have good and bad games but I believe in every one I gave my all.

Munchies
15-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Posted these before, some more images

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cid1WWAU4AEgB6T.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CifGHucWsAAW7Be.jpg

3rd kit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CifFtgwXEAAYZri.jpg

AFC Leveller
16-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Arteta to join Sours or City as a coach, according to reports. I'd rather he went to City TBH, cant have our captain helping out those clwon

The Emirates Gallactico
16-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Arteta to join Sours or City as a coach, according to reports. I'd rather he went to City TBH, cant have our captain helping out those clwon

Hopefully City. Him and Pep were caught engaged in a long conversation after the Bayern match earlier this season.

But once again, why are we not employing him? From all accounts I've read he's excellent off the pitch - the players really like him and you could see that from the reception he got yesterday at the end. He's a smart and clever man who could do a job there. It's not like we don't have money to burn and we could do with bringing in some new ideas considering the problems we do have with coaching.

Kano
16-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Hopefully City. Him and Pep were caught engaged in a long conversation after the Bayern match earlier this season.

But once again, why are we not employing him? From all accounts I've read he's excellent off the pitch - the players really like him and you could see that from the reception he got yesterday at the end. He's a smart and clever man who could do a job there. It's not like we don't have money to burn and we could do with bringing in some new ideas considering the problems we do have with coaching.
He's said there is a good offer from ourselves and then there is Spurs and City in for him. Realistically it'll be between us and City but given we know nothing about his coaching ability, we'll never know what we would miss out on if he went up North.

AFC Leveller
16-05-2016, 05:58 PM
He played with Pochettino at PSG and the two are good friends it seems. Hope he doesn't go there.

fakeyank
16-05-2016, 06:52 PM

I like the idea of him being a coach but with Wenger still in charge, I can see him becoming a puppet for his brand of shitty football.

Özim
16-05-2016, 07:12 PM
I'll be honest and say don't know what the fuss is about him leaving, nice guy perhaps, didn't think he was all that great for us and he wasn't really ever top class so who known how good a coach he could be.

He was at his peak at Everton but never really reproduced that form for us, maybe it was because Wenger played him in the wrong position.

Anyway good luck to him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-05-2016, 07:21 PM
True we never saw the best of him but he was club captain and was an intelligent player who was able to get us out of scrapes at times.
I think he was a good calming influence on other players as well and carried a quiet intelligence. The fact that both Pochettino and Guardiola want him to come to their respective clubs suggests he has future managerial potential.

So won't necessarily go down as a club legend, but a reasonably good outlay who helped us maintain stability at a time where we were all over the place.

Obviously his time at the club coupled with coming to the end of his career was emotional for him, and it was good to know playing for us meant a lot to him. So certainly wish him well.

Özim
16-05-2016, 07:38 PM
I think he was a good calming influence on other players as well and carried a quiet intelligence.

Maybe but I never really saw this calming influence during our customary season collapses. He was pretty decent at Everton to be honest, I think Wenger played him in the wrong position and thus we never saw the best of him, he was always a bit of a creator at Everton, for some reason Wenger inexplicably decided to change his role as he seems to do all too often.

Why the guy can't buy a player and play him where he specialise I don't know, he wants to convert every Tom, Dick and Harry to something else, if he needs a striker he signs an attacking midfielder (that's the other thing he's obsessed with midfielders), if he needs a winger he'll sign some attacking midfielder and stick him on the left or right, be much easier to sign someone who plays as right winger if that's what you need.

On top of that players can't just do what they are suppose to do in their positions, if up front they have to be able to pass, he's totally against a player who is just a deadly finisher because they can't play the tippy tappy nonsense.

AFC Leveller
17-05-2016, 08:50 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13235311_1581575145468550_4343505596484100746_o.jp g

AFC Leveller
17-05-2016, 10:42 AM
How hasn't Bellerin made the Spain squad? best RB in the league this season. Santi has also missed out.

The Emirates Gallactico
17-05-2016, 10:50 AM
How hasn't Bellerin made the Spain squad? best RB in the league this season. Santi has also missed out.

Bellerin is unlucky that he has three other quality rightbacks in JuanFran, Vidal and Carvajal to contend with. Personally don't think any of them are better but I suppose Del Bosque went for the more experienced options ahead of the youngster.

Del Bosque likes Santi and he normally gets in but I guess because of the lack of football he's played this season because of his long term injury he decided to look elsewhere. It's not like Spain have a dearth of attacking/creative midfielders either.

Whilst it's always good to see our players perform well on the international stage I'm not complaining too much tbh. Bellerin especially needs a rest after this season.

Marc Overmars
17-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Don't mind Bellerin missing out. Shame for Santi though as I think he could have done with the games, it must be very frustrating missing 6 months and coming back to full fitness only to have the season end.

At least Wheelchair should hopefully get some game time.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Bellerin was pretty average in the second half of the season I thought. He had his moments but his overall consistency dropped. More of our lads that stay at home the better. We'll have enough injuries to contend with next season anyway.

Kano
17-05-2016, 12:34 PM

Great news really. They can get injured under our watch.

fakeyank
17-05-2016, 02:40 PM
If we would have got 'less wood', we'd be champions

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10284613/arsenal-would-have-won-the-premier-league-if-shots-against-woodwork-were-goals

More-wood trophy :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Bellerin was pretty average in the second half of the season I thought. He had his moments but his overall consistency dropped. More of our lads that stay at home the better. We'll have enough injuries to contend with next season anyway.

That plus it's a true reflection that our final position belies the fact that our players were truly awful

The longer the season went on, none of them looked remotely international class.

Toronto Gooner
17-05-2016, 05:31 PM
On the subject of our players and international duty, is anyone else more than a little concerned that for the third consecutive summer, Alexis Sanchez is going play for Chile in a major tournament? I know that this might seem to be heresy but if he is not prepared to rest in order to be able to play properly for the club that pays his wages, perhaps we should accede to his apparent wish to move?

Yes, Ozil played in the 2014 World Cup and will play in this summer's European Championship but I believe that he had last summer off.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Bloody hell, what tournament is going on over there now? They seem to have one every 5 minutes.

Trouble is, when you sign Alexis you know you are signing the biggest footballing name in Chile, he's a huge celebrity over there. No way are they leaving him out of anything. Neither can we afford to lose his services. We have precious few players with genuine top tier talent and after another season collapsing and stumbling all over the place like a drunk don't bet on being able to attract the top stars. We'd better hang on to the stars we have.

Marc Overmars
17-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Special edition Copa America. :lol:

We can only hope Chile go out early, otherwise we'll probably have to wait until Sept/Oct for Alexis to find his groove again.

With the Euros as well half the squad will be all over the place for pre-season anyway.

Toronto Gooner
17-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Beat me to it. It is a ceremonial tournament to celebrate the centenary of the Copa America

Here is rather good video from Argentina.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTEnBC-2ZL4

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Money really has destroyed football.

Toronto Gooner
17-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Money really has destroyed football.

FIFA so desperately wants to sell football to the U.S., as they are looking at how the NFL and NBA are starting to make inroads around the world.

Xhaka Can’t
17-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Great video TG

AFC Leveller
19-05-2016, 10:00 AM
We would have won the CL with Jens in goal.

Almunia was at fault for both goals, should have saved at least one.

GP
19-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Bit random, but ok.

Jens got himself sent off, though.

Kano
20-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Ozil voted player of the season.

Marc Overmars
20-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Arsenal vs Milan legends match taking place in September at the Emirates. Henry, Bergkamp and Pires amongst those taking part for us while Milan will have the likes of Maldini, Cafu and Inzaghi.

Take my money! :bow:

Gooner23
21-05-2016, 06:59 AM
Yeah I saw that as well. Having vowed not to go next season the fuckers have sucked me back in haven't they. Damn them!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Arsenal just posted on Facebook the Welbeck goal against Leicester.

'What a goal, what a moment'.

Yeah worth replaying again and again. :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
21-05-2016, 09:04 AM
:lol: at how both teams subsequently responded to that game.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2016, 09:23 AM
:lol: at how both teams subsequently responded to that game.

Arsenal's PR team :doh:

So out of touch, so up their own arseholes, no wonder they keep having online car crashes.

That should have been the moment we kicked on. Instead it was the moment the team with a backbone kicked on and left us to collapse. Probably the worst collapse in Wenger's tenure. It's amazing the club doesn't understand any of this.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Yeah I saw that as well. Having vowed not to go next season the fuckers have sucked me back in haven't they. Damn them!

Didn't take long.... :d

You old slag.

Globalgunner
21-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Just wait till we are top of the league from August through November, "Only one Arsene"!

Kano
21-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Theo Pires signs for the club :bow:

Master Splinter
21-05-2016, 04:13 PM
hahahaha wenger recruiting kidz up

AFC Leveller
22-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Izil "liked" this post on Instagram

http://1tvs492zptzq380hni2k8x8p.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Screen-Shot-2016-05-22-at-14.15.52.png

http://1tvs492zptzq380hni2k8x8p.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Screen-Shot-2016-05-22-at-14.16.34.png

The Emirates Gallactico
22-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Theo Pires signs for the club :bow:

Please be as good as his old man. :pray::pray:

Munchies
23-05-2016, 08:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjIGomRXEAA0ifw.jpg

http://cdn-media.amplience.com/ArsenalAMP/images/HOME_PRE-SALE_5_Category-Landing-Page_V2_900x252_PreOrder_1.jpg

http://i1.adis.ws/s/ArsenalAMP/m74971201_ms?$400x400$

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjIKt-UVAAAw4-O.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjIKvYiUUAAJJWn.jpg

Don't like the line in the middle but I'll probably get it, haven't bought a home shirt in years

Power n Glory
23-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Bobby and Freddie in the background. Have they joined the coaching staff like Henry?

Also, a little worried that Giroud is being featured front and centre. It suggests he's still a major part of Wenger's plans.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160520/arsenal-and-puma-reveal-new-home-kit

It could be curtains for the British core. No Theo, Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey or Gibbs featured in the marketing. I guess the focus on what's local has shifted to the fans in the background on the local streets. It's quite an image. The old and the new together.

AFC Leveller
23-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Bobby and Freddie in the background. Have they joined the coaching staff like Henry?

Also, a little worried that Giroud is being featured front and centre. It suggests he's still a major part of Wenger's plans.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160520/arsenal-and-puma-reveal-new-home-kit

It could be curtains for the British core. No Theo, Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey or Gibbs featured in the marketing. I guess the focus on what's local has shifted to the fans in the background on the local streets. It's quite an image. The old and the new together.

I guess Puma wanted big names as the focus point , dunno why Guroud is in there, he is useless.

Power n Glory
23-05-2016, 02:29 PM
I guess Puma wanted big names as the focus point , dunno why Guroud is in there, he is useless.

Maybe. I also see Monreal, Cazorla and Bellerin featured though.

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2016, 02:49 PM
With all the extra millions pouring in this season I suppose it would have killed them to lay off the annual triple kit change.

Greedy, greedy cunts.

milla
23-05-2016, 07:55 PM
With all the extra millions pouring in this season I suppose it would have killed them to lay off the annual triple kit change.

Greedy, greedy cunts.

Someone has to pay Feo his £140k/w, Puma ain't payin it, let alone Mr Kroenke :coffee:

Bumble
26-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Just watched a video of Henry's best goals on youtube. Good player that Henry. he is the sort of striker we could do with.

The Emirates Gallactico
26-05-2016, 11:22 AM

Probably because Puma sponsors Giroud so they wanted him front and centre.

Or it could just be because of his good looks ..... maybe they think they'll sell more female shirts that way. ##

I wouldn't look too much into it from a squad building pov. Besides, even if we finally sign a striker Giroud probably isn't going anywhere.

Kano
26-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Good news following our first signing

Stan Kroenke has increased his majority shareholding in Arsenal, despite discontent at the Emirates Stadium.

KSE (Kroenke Sports Enterprise) UK Inc, wholly owned by the American businessman, has acquired 23 ordinary shares for £368,000, to take his shareholding to 67.05% (41,721 shares)

Kroenke, who also owns the NFL’s Los Angeles Rams, has been Arsenal’s majority shareholder since 2011.

Many Arsenal supporters believe last season should have been the one which saw their hopes for a first Premier League title in 12 years realised, but Leicester secured a remarkable triumph. The Gunners belatedly roused themselves to finish second ahead of Tottenham.

Arsenal fans are torn over the future of the manager Arsène Wenger, whose 20th anniversary is approaching in October, and a muted protest took place during the win over Norwich on 30 April.

Wenger has a year remaining on his contract and will be expected to invest in his squad for a sustained title challenge next season. On Wednesday they signed the Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka from Borussia Mönchengladbach for around £25m.

LDG
26-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Happy Anfield 89 day! :scarf:

.........Suddenly it was Perry Groves, BLUSTERING through, the bounce fell his way, and he kicked it under Grobbelaar.....

GP
26-05-2016, 03:11 PM

.........Suddenly it was Perry Groves, BLUSTERING through, the bounce fell his way, and he kicked it under Grobbelaar.....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/keithr10/1dcdb7240ed0f6529a0f6586c92dcb2f.jpg

LDG
26-05-2016, 03:12 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/keithr10/1dcdb7240ed0f6529a0f6586c92dcb2f.jpg

1-1 at Newcastle.

He was wrong.

Kano
26-05-2016, 03:13 PM

What game was that?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-05-2016, 03:21 PM
David Pleat "If they are not to win it, it will be somewhat poetic justice that they win the game on the night"

Brian Moore "I think they will see that as scant consolation David"

Letters
26-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Nichol's on his knees, McMahon's on his knees, Dougleish just stands there.
Barnes is down, Aldridge is down.
Suddenly it was Michael Thomas bursting through.
He flicks it wide of Grobellar and we have the most dramatic finish possibly in the history of the football league.
The top two challenging on the night and the title possibly decided in the last minute of the whole season.

:upset:

:scarf:

LDG
26-05-2016, 03:34 PM
David Pleat "If they are not to win it, it will be somewhat poetic justice that they win the game on the night"

Brian Moore "I think they will see that as scant consolation David you paedo"

corrected

mastermind84
26-05-2016, 04:02 PM

Giroud, Bellerin, and Monreal are all Puma players.

Santi is too, iirc.

GP
26-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Ramsey takes the number 8

Letters
26-05-2016, 10:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hcbsb5yffk
Toe curling :lol:

I am invisible
27-05-2016, 06:12 AM

Freddie's been coaching the U15s, I think? Not sure about le Bob - I'm pretty sure he used to be a Puma man, and he was a club ambassador at one point? Maybe he still is.

Plus who wouldn't want Thierry, Freddie and Bob modelling their clobber!

As for the rest of the players featured, I get the feeling this kit launch ended up being a bit of a rush job because of those leaked Xhaka pics, so maybe it was just a case of grabbing whoever was still around? Whatever the reason, I wouldn't read too much into it - I'm sure the truth of it is spectacularly dull...

Toronto Gooner
27-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Having read the the reports about the Ozil rumour that Piers Morgan is peddling today, I have to ask if there is any (alleged) Arsenal fan who is more consistently negative towards the club than Morgan? I get the impression that he would complain even if Arsenal won the the EPL, CL, FA Cup and Capital One Cup.

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Having read the the reports about the Ozil rumour that Piers Morgan is peddling today, I have to ask if there is any (alleged) Arsenal fan who is more consistently negative towards the club than Morgan? I get the impression that he would complain even if Arsenal won the the EPL, CL, FA Cup and Capital One Cup.

He's an utter cunt. He'd love to see Ozil fuck off just so he has more ammo for his never-ending self publicity campaign. Run out of everywhere as the shit journalist he is, the only place his voice sounds loud enough for his taste is on Twatter. He's a legend in his own mind on that place.

Letters
27-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Having read the the reports about the Ozil rumour that Piers Morgan is peddling today, I have to ask if there is any (alleged) Arsenal fan who is more consistently negative towards the club than Morgan?
I'll have to introduce you to Zim sometime.

I am invisible
27-05-2016, 01:16 PM

Stewart Robson maybe?

The Emirates Gallactico
29-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Bellerin made his debut for the Spanish senior team today in their 3 - 1 win over Bosnia.

Del Bosque: "We have two days to give the list of 23. From what the doctors tell us [on Carvajal], Bellerín stays."

Looks like Bellerin is going to make the Spain squad for the Euro's after all.

Munchies
29-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Del Bosque: "We have two days to give the list of 23. From what the doctors tell us [on Carvajal], Bellerín stays."

Looks like Bellerin is going to make the Spain squad for the Euro's after all.

Let's hope he tells the Barca players to go and fuck off unlike Cesc

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Giroud scored yesterday in France's 3 - 2 win over Cameroon but still got booed at fans angry that Benzema wasn't selected for the squad. Dumbasses. Really going to do his confidence a lot of good.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3617585/France-boss-Didier-Deschamps-unhappy-treatment-Olivier-Giroud-win-Cameroon-whistles-unfair.html

Munchies
31-05-2016, 10:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj0MhoYVAAEC9rQ.jpg

Kano
31-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Giroud :doh:

I am invisible
01-06-2016, 06:15 AM

LANS! :bow:

LDG
01-06-2016, 08:22 AM

Is it 1996 again :unsure:

Power n Glory
01-06-2016, 08:28 AM
What the hell, Ramsey! We need to sell him if he comes back with that shit on head. :lol:

Kano
01-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Is it 1996 again :unsure:

You wish. Back on the leash you go.

LDG
01-06-2016, 08:58 AM
You wish. Back on the leash you go.

You're much chirpier than before you left last time. Good to see.

Kano
01-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Closer to death, less to lose now.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Jesus wept, please tell me that's for a dare and not going to be permanent.

Power n Glory
01-06-2016, 11:35 AM
He must have lost a bet.

Kano
01-06-2016, 09:52 PM
http://youtu.be/awqXCz03B6g

Tomas to tear it up one last time in the summer?

Munchies
01-06-2016, 09:57 PM

It's happening :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj5ArgTWsAA7wn2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj5AqoXWkAUv4G_.jpg

fakeyank
02-06-2016, 02:00 AM

He looks gay af

Globalgunner
02-06-2016, 08:44 AM
He looks gay af

Leave Bale alone, at least hes not constantly posing in his underpants like Ronnie

Letters
02-06-2016, 09:20 AM
He looks gay af

Not that there's anything wrong with that these days.

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Just because people say there's nothing wrong with it doesn't make that true.

fakeyank
02-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that these days.

They do it in the bum.. ew :sick:

Marc Overmars
02-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Gays. :lol:

GP
02-06-2016, 04:32 PM
You know what's worse? Trans "people"

Kano
02-06-2016, 04:59 PM
AND WENGER'S AN 8 MILLION CUNT

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Just because people say there's nothing wrong with it doesn't make that true.

Nor does implying the opposite make that true

I've never understood why people care so much?.

Letters
02-06-2016, 09:34 PM
They do it in the bum.. ew :sick:

Like yo momma does?

Kano
05-06-2016, 06:42 PM
http://youtu.be/mKXTSlQf9AA

Gabriel may look like he has lived in a cave all his life and this confirms it.

GP
29-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Tony Adams has joined the coaching staff.

He'll be joint assistant manager of the u18's alongside Thierry Henry.

Grooming them for the managers job?

Niall_Quinn
29-06-2016, 10:20 AM
He's a weird bloke but I like Adams. He'll be a respected figure in the club for sure, and he'll bring discipline.

Gooner23
29-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Wasn't Bould supposed to do that!

Niall_Quinn
29-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Bould's main job is to nod.

Kano
29-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Tony Adams has joined the coaching staff.

He'll be joint assistant manager of the u18's alongside Thierry Henry.

Grooming them for the managers job?

Oh fuck, please no.

Niall_Quinn
29-06-2016, 10:59 PM
Arsenal plan to fight off England for Arsene Wenger and look to open talks over contract extension to ensure he stays at Emirates

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger currently has a year remaining on deal

Gunners will offer Frenchman an extension amid links to England job

:ilt:

These snakes don't waste any time. An excuse for what they always wanted to do, delivered on a plate. England not only fucked up Euro2016 they have probably fucked Arsenal over until 2019 earliest. Thanks a lot you useless cunts.

Özim
30-06-2016, 11:15 AM
:ilt:

These snakes don't waste any time. An excuse for what they always wanted to do, delivered on a plate. England not only fucked up Euro2016 they have probably fucked Arsenal over until 2019 earliest. Thanks a lot you useless cunts.

Yeah they can have him, can we get something started to get Wenger to manage England, best all round I think, then we can finally wave goodbye to him, it's been a long time coming. :wave:

As for the contract extension, like you said that's what they wanted all along, please don't let this happen :pray: that would be a terrible thing for us.

Xhaka Can’t
30-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Yeah they can have him, can we get something started to get Wenger to manage England, best all round I think, then we can finally wave goodbye to him, it's been a long time coming. :wave:

I think you're missing the point here.

This is likely to play out into an opportunity for our Board to justify another contract.

Kano
01-07-2016, 08:59 AM
https://twitter.com/Alexis_Sanchez/status/748541016672714752

Seems like a fair tackle

GP
01-07-2016, 09:30 AM
He played 90mins plus extra time on that.

The guy is a freak.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2016, 11:06 AM

This is likely to play out into an opportunity for our Board to justify another contract.

Likely? That's them knocking now.

Özim
01-07-2016, 11:09 AM

There is no justification, except for their greed of course.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2016, 11:16 AM
There is no justification, except for their greed of course.

That's all the justification they ever needed.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Essex Police are appealing for help in finding Claudio Callegari, better known as ‘Claude’ from ArsenalFan TV, after he went missing on Thursday.

Arsenal supporter Claude, who rose to prominence through his appearances on ArsenalFan TV where supporters debate matches outside the Emirates Stadium after games, was last seen at 11:30am on Thursday.

Police added that both they and his family are “extremely concerned for his welfare” and have asked anyone who may know of his whereabouts to contact them immediately.

A statement released by Essex Police on Thursday night read: “Claudio Callegari, 53, of Chapel End, was last seen at 11.30am today getting into his works vehicle, a black Ford Galaxy taxi, registration LM64 EKG. He is white, of large build, 5ft 10ins tall and is bald with brown eyes. He is thought to be wearing a white shirt and black trousers.

“Our officers and his family are extremely concerned for his welfare and would urge anybody who has seen him or who knows where he is to contact police on 101.

“He is an avid Arsenal football fan and has contacts in the London area. He may have been in Edmonton at around 3pm today.”

Weirdness.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-07-2016, 04:46 PM
lol, Greaseman was caught playing Football Manager on a "inside the French camp" video on Youtube. He was managing Arsenal and he dropped Giroud as the striker and instead had brought in Lukaku. :lol:

Great for team morale. :lol:

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/antoine-griezmann-chooses-arsenal-on-football-manager-and-drops-olivier-giroud/

Weirdness.

He's started posting again on twitter so I think he's alright.

https://twitter.com/goonerclaude

Did a similar thing a while ago as well; I think he's got some serious problems. Doesn't help that he gets inundated with abuse from trolls and other bottom feeders on twitter as a result of some of his Arsenal views.

mastermind84
02-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Claude is an attention whore.