PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Maestro
24-09-2016, 08:21 AM
There is no way I'm racist, some of my friends are black

The Emirates Gallactico
24-09-2016, 09:09 AM
There is no way I'm racist, some of my friends are black

Almost as cringeworthy as ...... "I'm not a racist but <Insert Racist Comment>"

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 10:30 AM
I am racist, and I have no black friends. Obviously!

GP
24-09-2016, 10:57 AM
I have nothing against blacks I think everyone should own one.

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 10:59 AM

I'm offended by that.

So now what happens?

Maestro
24-09-2016, 11:23 AM

:d

In that case I think I'll go for the self ownership model option

The Emirates Gallactico
28-09-2016, 07:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=512&v=OAEN3864fT0

A bit cringe at some parts but :lol:

Ospina :lol:

GP
28-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Cordon is a complete fucknugget.

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Cordon is a complete fucknugget.

He's also fat.

AFC Leveller
28-09-2016, 01:05 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3811357/Hector-Bellerin-dines-Bollywood-star-Esha-Gupta-Arsenal-defender-s-new-girlfriend.html

I thought he already had a chick? or she his side ting?

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2016, 01:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3811357/Hector-Bellerin-dines-Bollywood-star-Esha-Gupta-Arsenal-defender-s-new-girlfriend.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/28/11/38DF898B00000578-3811357-image-a-51_1475056955713.jpg

He can do a lot better than that surely?

Kano
28-09-2016, 01:47 PM

He's what, 21? Earning a shed load of cash, living in London - he should be putting it about every which way he can the lucky little shit

The Emirates Gallactico
28-09-2016, 01:55 PM

If some beautiful Bollywood actress asked you out for dinner you're not going to say no tbh. :cloud9:

AFC Leveller
28-09-2016, 03:16 PM
If some beautiful Bollywood actress asked you out for dinner you're not going to say no tbh. :cloud9:

obv not but its all very public, not sure his other GF will be happy to see these pictures!

The Emirates Gallactico
28-09-2016, 04:57 PM
obv not but its all very public, not sure his other GF will be happy to see these pictures!

It may have just been "dinner". :whistle:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-09-2016, 09:43 AM
20 years for Wenget. :bow:

Well done to him.

GP
30-09-2016, 11:02 AM
What a man. Impossible not to love him.

Letters
30-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Wenger :bow:

For all our frustrations with him, he's revolutionised the club and back in the day took us to places I never thought we'd go. He's failed over the last few years but only in comparison with himself. It would be fantastic if he could leave us with one last title.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Watching all the tribute programmes and specials to him, hard not to get a bit teary-eyed.

BBC had Sol, Wright and Gallas (?!) in a sit down with him for Football Focus.

BBC also had one for the Premier League show consisting of Wright, Keown, Hartson, Amy Lawrence and Piers Morgan.

Sky have a couple of specials about it on demand but an Henry interview with Wenger is airing on Sky tomorrow at 13:15.

Letters
01-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Just saw this on one of the FB videos Arsenal have posted:

"If Arsene Wenger lost his next 100 games in charge, he would still have the best win percentage of any Arseanal manager."

:wacko:

LDG
01-10-2016, 07:30 PM

There should be absolutely no in/out shit tomorrow, win or lose.

Just thanks Arsene.

When all is said and done, he gave us the best fucking team I've ever seen.

HB

Xhaka Can’t
01-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Just saw this on one of the FB videos Arsenal have posted:

"If Arsene Wenger lost his next 100 games in charge, he would still have the best win percentage of any Arseanal manager."

:wacko:

Nowhere near Fat Sam's win rate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Letters
01-10-2016, 08:04 PM
:lol: True.

Fat Sam. :bow:

Munchies
01-10-2016, 09:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtAtYbJDkzw

Worth a watch this

:haha: when Piers was going at it with Keown

Kano
02-10-2016, 02:15 AM
French and Saunders ffs

https://youtu.be/TBQWIXc1o9Y

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Why is Lucky the backing song? :lol:

Letters
02-10-2016, 08:18 AM
No French and Saunders? :crying:

Wenger Out! :angry:

Letters
02-10-2016, 08:18 AM
Why is Lucky the backing song? :lol:

Presumably because it starts
"I'm on a roll
I'm on a roll this time"

Which we were tbf.

adzzzbatch
02-10-2016, 08:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtAtYbJDkzw

Worth a watch this

:haha: when Piers was going at it with Keown

That's a bloody good watch.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2016, 10:21 AM
WUMger. :bow:

He might be an old goat now but there's no doubting the work he has done for us as a club. I would absolutely love it if he could land one last title because he deserves it.

AFC Leveller
04-10-2016, 11:53 AM
The Times reporting that Bellerin "could" reject a new contract offer to sign for City.

Marc Overmars
04-10-2016, 12:20 PM
The lure of Pep is a concern. Wenger's future being up in the air isn't going to help either.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-10-2016, 12:24 PM
The Times reporting that Bellerin "could" reject a new contract offer to sign for City.

Key word being "could".

He's still got three years left on a 30kpw deal and allegedly we're already trying to tie him down to a bigger and longer deal so there's no immediate short term concern.

That being said, he's mentioned in the past that Arteta and his wife were like parents to him when he first arrived in England .... that and the lure of playing under Pep and outrageous oil money thrown by the citeh could possibly be tempting. For our sake, I hope he doesn't get tempted because it's our RB position nailed down for the next 10 years.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-10-2016, 12:25 PM
i think a player like bellerin is going to be hard to keep onto long term

especially whilst wenger is at the club

Kano
04-10-2016, 12:34 PM

We've as good as sold him already.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Don't forget just how more appealing it is living in London compared to Manchester. That's definitely a factor for foreign players.

He's actually from the outskirts of Barcelona (Badalona) and not from the main Barcelona area so I'm less worried about them coming in than I'm for City, mainly because as mentioned above, the Pep + Arteta factor.

Though judging from some of the interviews he's given, he does seem to have a great affinity with the club and is immensely thankful for the opportunity and chance Wenger and the club have given him ... something he probably wouldn't have received at another top club - he'd probably still be languishing on the bench/youth team at Barca. Mind you, Cesc said the same thing and he ended up leaving though the circumstances are different now to then.

AFC Leveller
04-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Don't forget just how more appealing it is living in London compared to Manchester. That's definitely a factor for foreign players.

He's actually from the outskirts of Barcelona (Badalona) and not from the main Barcelona area so I'm less worried about them coming in than I'm for City, mainly because as mentioned above, the Pep + Arteta factor.

Though judging from some of the interviews he's given, he does seem to have a great affinity with the club and is immensely thankful for the opportunity and chance Wenger and the club have given him ... something he probably wouldn't have received at another top club - he'd probably still be languishing on the bench/youth team at Barca. Mind you, Cesc said the same thing and he ended up leaving though the circumstances are different now to then.

He is also a cockney boy these days and i cant see him giving up London for ooop naarf!

fakeyank
04-10-2016, 01:05 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/10604518/premier-league-players-who-could-be-free-agents-in-summer-2017

Santi and Per will be out of contract next season. We need to extend them asap. While I do not rate Per much, I think he is a great influence on the dressing room. We have made mistakes in our past life where we let go of our seniors because they werent the best on the field and we suffered off it because of that.

Santi doesnt even need a rethink. Sign this man up! One of the best players for Arsenal since he joined.

And whats happening with Ozil and Sanchez? :whistle:

The Emirates Gallactico
04-10-2016, 01:15 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/10604518/premier-league-players-who-could-be-free-agents-in-summer-2017

Santi and Per will be out of contract next season. We need to extend them asap. While I do not rate Per much, I think he is a great influence on the dressing room. We have made mistakes in our past life where we let go of our seniors because they werent the best on the field and we suffered off it because of that.

Santi doesnt even need a rethink. Sign this man up! One of the best players for Arsenal since he joined.

Couldn't agree with you anymore. Santi especially is a no brainer. With his technique he can keep going on for several more years to come - you don't lose that level of class willingly. Per I think is more expendable (though I want to keep him) especially with how imperious Mustafi has been ............ another possible victim of the Arsenal captain curse. :rose: Might want to spend his final years at a mid table team in Germany rather than fighting to get a place on the bench with Gabriel and Holding.

Ozil looks set to sign. Alexis seems up more up in the air ..... think his depends on the type of season we have. A repeat of last year and I think he may wait to see if a Real or a PSG come sniffing around next summer.

Power n Glory
04-10-2016, 01:38 PM
I think we're back to 1 year contract extensions. That's the sort of deal Per is on. I can't see us keeping him even though we should. Same goes for Santi. All this news about young Hector....now if the threat from City is genuine, this is where you offer a young player a really good contract. We got it all wrong with Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott and Ox.

Kano
04-10-2016, 02:57 PM

Santi is open to a new contract he said.

Globalgunner
04-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Couldn't agree with you anymore. Santi especially is a no brainer. With his technique he can keep going on for several more years to come - you don't lose that level of class willingly. Per I think is more expendable (though I want to keep him) especially with how imperious Mustafi has been ............ another possible victim of the Arsenal captain curse. :rose: Might want to spend his final years at a mid table team in Germany rather than fighting to get a place on the bench with Gabriel and Holding.

Ozil looks set to sign. Alexis seems up more up in the air ..... think his depends on the type of season we have. A repeat of last year and I think he may wait to see if a Real or a PSG come sniffing around next summer.

Santi is a must keep. He has exquisite technique and can play at least 2 more seasons. Per can do one. I see no valuable attributes worth keeping. He is neither good in the air or capable on the ground, slow as treacle and all he does is pass between the goalkeeper and DM. Do we keep someone on 100k pw simply to collect the fines for coming late to training?. We had enough of that with Arteta staying for 3 seasons contributing next to nothing. Holding is the future with opportunities for Chambers to feature in domestic cup games next season. Bielik looks good in there too as well as at CM.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2016, 04:24 PM
He is also a cockney boy these days and i cant see him giving up London for ooop naarf!

Yeah, but it would have been a hell of a lot easier to offer Arteta some sort of a role. Problem solved before it begins. Wenger needs to offer these players something of substance in terms of football if he wants to keep them here. They can get barrow loads of money anywhere, the little loves need value added on top. He could do the club a massive favour by stating his intentions instead of giving coy little smiles and hints about his future. Players who are looking at the cash elsewhere will easily use this uncertainty as an excuse. If the board and Wenger have decided he's staying (and it sure sounds that way) then say so and be man enough to eat the backlash, which probably won't be that great anyway given the amount of fans that are satisfied with two decent performances a season.

Niall_Quinn
05-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Arsenal have ended a controversial annual £3million payment to majority owner Stan Kroenke after its legality was called into question.

The club have outraged supporters with the substantial sum paid for consultancy by the American’s ‘Kroenke Sports Enterprises’ firm for the past two years.

Arsenal Supporters’ Trust wrote a letter to the club’s chairman Sir Chips Keswick challenging whether the payment was in breach of regulations and a conflict of interest.

Arsenal insist that the fee was ‘waived’ by KSE, but declined to comment when asked if the payment was illegal or if it had been stopped due to the letter sent by AST. The supporters’ trust believe it had a significant effect on the decision.

They sought legal advice and in the letter, sent in January and seen by Sportsmail, AST chairman Glyn Taylor wrote: ‘We have serious concerns over £6million being paid by Arsenal to an overseas corporate entity related to one single shareholder and two directors (the “KSE Payments”), as well as wider governance matters. These concerns are shared by other shareholders as was evident at the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) in October 2015.

‘From Arsenal’s public statements at the 2015 AGM, and other disclosure, the payment appears to have been made: without a pre-existing contract or competitive tender for services without fully considering whether there was a conflict of interest; and potentially in breach of regulations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3822141/Arsenal-axe-3m-Stan-Kroenke-fee-outraged-supporters-question-legality.html

Stan un-bunged.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Stan un-bunged.

A bit pompous for the AST to think they had a massive influence in Stan waiving his annual 3 million fee. I guess they have to justify those membership fees

There was already enough anger and public outrage at the AGM the past two years, with or without the AST's letter, for Stan to risk trying it again for a third year in a row. There probably would have been effigies burnt.

Niall_Quinn
05-10-2016, 02:02 PM
A bit pompous for the AST to think they had a massive influence in Stan waiving his annual 3 million fee. I guess they have to justify those membership fees

There was already enough anger and public outrage at the AGM the past two years, with or without the AST's letter, for Stan to risk trying it again for a third year in a row. There probably would have been effigies burnt.

I doubt they would have had the slightest influence were it not for the fact football is suddenly under the spotlight. And I assume the word was going around inside the game before it became public?

Whatever the reason, good news. Now they can spend the money on rent boysnew players instead.

AFC Leveller
05-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Love Santi, esp the new santi at CM. The guy is a genius, the way he sprays the ball about and controls the midfield is something else. Hope he is given another contract because he can still play at the top level for a few more years yet.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Stan un-bunged.

All pretty standard and logical questions in that article. Why the fuck didn't all this get asked years ago!?

Niall_Quinn
05-10-2016, 11:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxGjiMKse8

Good fun, but also a few interesting comments in there.

Globalgunner
06-10-2016, 03:43 PM
I doubt they would have had the slightest influence were it not for the fact football is suddenly under the spotlight. And I assume the word was going around inside the game before it became public?

Whatever the reason, good news. Now they can spend the money on rent boysnew players instead.

You guys are mean. Do you know how expensive Cuban cigars are?. Not to mention grade A feed for his horses. Now they will have to eat grass.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Mahrez has confirmed we were interested in him, that Leicester were determined not to sell and he didn't want to create Ill will by forcing through a transfer.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-10-2016, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxGjiMKse8

Good fun, but also a few interesting comments in there.

All flair and no grit make Santiago and Mesut dull boys

Kano
10-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Mahrez has confirmed we were interested in him, that Leicester were determined not to sell and he didn't want to create Ill will by forcing through a transfer.

He saw Vardy play us and get a pay rise do he decided to do the same.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-10-2016, 07:24 PM
:lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
11-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Legendary Arsenal striker Marounne Chamkah signs for Cardiff.

http://i.imgur.com/u5xlZbi.jpg

More importantly he's finally decided to embrace his baldness. That combover was embarrassing tbh.

AFC Leveller
11-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Chamakh, Denilson, Squillaci etc were some of the worst players under Wenger.

adzzzbatch
11-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Ah shitmakh I remember him!

Globalgunner
11-10-2016, 06:22 PM
Chamakh, Denilson, Squillaci etc were some of the worst players under Wenger.

You missed the jewel in the crown. Gervinho, honorable mention also to Santos, Eboue and Stepanovs

fakeyank
11-10-2016, 06:35 PM
You missed the jewel in the crown. Gervinho, honorable mention also to Santos, Eboue and Stepanovs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9tONSdmYFI

I actually liked Santos despite his limited potential, till he swapped shirts with judas.

Maestro
11-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Sturridge could have held on to that and made a good pass, but no ....let me hog it and dive

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-10-2016, 02:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9tONSdmYFI

I actually liked Santos despite his limited potential, till he swapped shirts with judas.

I actually think we should have kept him, not as a full back he had absolute no defensive capability....but would have used him to give us options wide.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Ox is on Goals on Sunday with his Dad.

They brought up his goalscoring for us in the league. Shocking record, 8 goals.

He has one this season, which is the same he got in each of the last two seasons. :lol:

At least it brings up for stark realisation to him he needs to be doing more.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Asking questions of him: does he knock on Wenger's door asking why he isn't being played - will he think about going elsewhere for game time?

:rolleyes:

He answered them well tbf. Though he did say he has knocked on Wenger's door. :lol:

Penguin
16-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Tbf he has no reason to knock on his door because he gets more game time than he would get if another manager was in charge.

Marc Overmars
16-10-2016, 11:34 AM
He'll be following Jack out of the club if he doesn't elevate himself to a new level this season.

Even by overrated young English player standards, he's pretty shite.

The Emirates Gallactico
16-10-2016, 05:18 PM
FFS Chambo. Not as bad as $terling with the BBC reporter but approaching that. Stop being so shit and trying to do so much on the pitch and you'll start.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azdq8-FEKx4

Ozil and Flamini :loveblush:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
16-10-2016, 11:26 PM
That really dragged on! Is the guy terminally I'll!? Jeez....

Kano
27-10-2016, 03:17 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/gunnerthoughts/status/791583699833876480/video/1

:haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
01-11-2016, 03:08 AM
So yeah .... it turns out that the next most powerful woman in the world and NQ's most respected politician is a closet Arsenal fan. :unsure:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-news-hillary-clinton-us-presidential-election-spotted-gunners-bar-a7388981.html

Arsenal fans are claiming US presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is “one of our own” after she appeared to out herself as a Gooner.

The Democratic candidate was spotted speaking to fans in the Fado Irish Pub, while on the campaign trail in Miami, Florida, which is decorated with Arsenal memorabilia including shirts, flags and scarves.

Florida is seen as one of the key states in the upcoming election against Republican Donald Trump, and while her appearance in an Arsenal-themed pub appears completely coincidental, it hasn’t stopped Gooners from claiming she belongs to the red half of north London.

One politician who is a confirmed Arsenal fan is Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, who is also the MP for Islington North.

Corbyn has often been spotted at games as well as featuring in the club programme from time-to-time, and is a Wenger supporter, speaking out when other fans call for him to resign.

http://i.imgur.com/8QKhocc.jpg

Hillary :bow::bow:

Would vote for her if I could.

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Tony Blair is a woman?

That explains a lot.

LDG
01-11-2016, 02:22 PM
You can see from this why Alexis Sanchez usually has to shift some weight after the summer months.

Must run in the family.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/146D2/production/_92166638_alexissanchezinsta.jpg

WMUG
03-11-2016, 10:10 AM
https://shewore.com/2016/11/03/what-do-moaning-arsenal-fans-and-spurs-have-in-common/

GP
03-11-2016, 11:10 AM
https://shewore.com/2016/11/03/what-do-moaning-arsenal-fans-and-spurs-have-in-common/

Spurs are the club who are currently attempting to buy the naming rights to a station near their ground. £12million it is reportedly going to cost them. All because in 1932, 84 years ago, TFL renamed Gillespie Road Arsenal Station. Imagine being that bitter, that twisted. Only an Arsenal fan who still hates Ozil can know how that feels.

How true

Power n Glory
03-11-2016, 02:07 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2673024-is-the-premier-leagues-mega-tv-bubble-at-risk-of-collapse

Up and up and up and up they've gone, numbers spiralling beyond comprehension. Seemingly detached from the realities of other industries for so long, Premier League football has become the boom component of the entertainment sector. Its cash has piled up relentlessly year after year. For those involved, it's as though there's been no ceiling: Wages, transfer fees, agent cuts, bonuses and the rest; up and up and up and up.

Throughout, though, the quietly lingering questions have centred on whether all of this is sustainable: Could this upward surge be susceptible to anything? Would the mass inflation always be supported by an unbreakable foundation? Would there be any sort of fallout from the gorging on pound sterling? Could football, or the Premier League more specifically, continue its morphing into a standalone economy unabated?

The answers to these questions and more have all been tied into one overriding question: Would you, the viewer, continue to consume it regardless of everything?

For a long time now, you've said "yes, I will." The financial monster that is the Premier League has grown on the back of your football addiction. You've consumed and consumed and consumed. Subscription packages through Sky and more recently BT have multiplied in number. The incessant demand has resulted in inevitable price increases, and the Premier League has done everything in its power to extract money from those wanting to show it by making itself a broadcasters' dream.

Television cash, then, has flooded into the game. Last year, the rights for this season and the next two to come sold for more than £5 billion in the UK and more than £8 billion worldwide. To put that into perspective, it was only back in 1992 that Sky won the rights to the Premier League for five seasons for £304 million. That rate of inflation is off the charts, but you, the viewer, have ensured its viability. Until now, perhaps.

This might have been billed as the biggest Premier League season in history but so far the audience is saying otherwise. In mid-October, Sky's viewing figures for the campaign to that point were down by 19 percent, according to the Daily Mail. BT had also been affected, with the Guardian reporting the company's Champions League viewership was down 40 percent on one particular Tuesday.

A Sky spokesperson told the Daily Mail that there was no concern on Sky's behalf and that it was a "premature comparison." Part of the explanation was that blockbuster games such as Liverpool vs. Manchester United hadn't taken place yet, and when that fixture did arrive, there was some justification in that stance.

Despite the disappointing contest, "Red Monday" brought Sky its highest single-game viewing figures for three years.

But the Premier League isn't an isolated case here. In the U.S., NFL ratings—the colossal bedrock on which cable TV has thrived until now—have plummeted by more than 10 percent as well, and Sports Illustrated outlined that several prime-time slots had seen drops between 18 and 24 percent.

On each side of the Atlantic, many factors appear to be at play, some of them different in each case. But there's a common theme: People are turning away. Why? And to where?

In the U.S., the NFL doesn't know. "We don't make excuses, we look at it and we try and figure out what's changing," said league commissioner Roger Goodell.

From those outside looking in, common explanations have ranged from the distraction of the presidential election and a lack of star quality, to the shifts in consumer habits and the rapidly slowing force that is the cable TV model. Others have also pointed toward disillusionment with the world of professional sport and—whether rightly or wrongly, and whether accurate or not—a displeasure with political elements and their dissection becoming increasingly prevalent in the show and its broadcast.

As such, difficult questions are now being contemplated, and it's the same in the UK. For Sky and BT, shelling out a combined £5.14 billion for three seasons—or in Sky's case, more than £10 million per game—only makes sense if that inflation ensures eyeballs and subscriptions. After their war for customers resulted in a historic deal with the Premier League, viewership declines were not the expected outcome.

It's still only early, sure, and there are countless variables involved here. It's also important to remember there's a difference between not watching and not subscribing. But suddenly the Premier League looks a little less invincible anyway, less like its own mint.

A major concern is the proliferation of illegal streams to be found online. Those with a decent broadband connection—and that's most of you, ironically supplied in many cases by the very companies that are now wishing to an extent you didn't have them—know a high-quality stream offered in several languages is there be found in minutes, if not seconds.

Why pay £70-100 per month for a subscription of questionable value when all the content can be found for nothing? It seems the feeling of guilt that comes with doing so is fading, too.

When the latest viewership numbers were revealed, the Guardian asked its readers why they were turning off. It then published hundreds of responses, the vast majority of which focused on four things: the cost of subscriptions, the availability of streams, the outdated concept of the TV bundle when set against services such as Netflix, and a resentment toward paying the wages of multi-millionaire footballers.

The disillusionment stemming from football's detachment from normal life feels particularly pertinent in a year when, on the back of the TV-cash tidal wave, Manchester United paid £89 million for Paul Pogba; when agent fees have gone crazy; when wages have transcended absurd. The audience is breaking the cycle, if you like.

But perhaps all of this ties into a bigger question: Has the Premier League become too big for itself? Has its relentless presence and hype become its own problem? Is it set to eat itself?

With television and television only in mind, the Premier League has spread itself across more days than ever. In addition to Saturdays and Sundays, we have now have Friday nights and Monday nights. Tuesday and Wednesday are then designated for the Champions League; Thursday features the Europa League. Football never goes away. Ever.

The over-saturation is unquestionably an issue, and it ties into a cultural shift. As discussed by Paul Hayward for the Telegraph, modern technology has given us a distraction culture based upon the consumption of snippets to form a picture.

To be a semi-knowledgable football fan no longer requires you to watch several 90-minute episodes a week. You can catch the big moments from social media, view highlights on YouTube and casually interact with the vast array of content your provider is pushing your way.

UEFA have already said they regret selling full CL rights to BT Sports. F1 better rethink their silly plan of moving all F1 coverage to Sky and take note. We'll see if the drop in viewers continue.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Why pay £70-100 per month for a subscription of questionable value when all the content can be found for nothing? It seems the feeling of guilt that comes with doing so is fading, too.

Guilt? :haha:

Pride, more like. Everyone likes to find a good quality stream.

It's unreal. No guilt associated with milking the fans within an inch of their lives. No, the guilt is supposed to be felt when fans find other, less rapacious ways to fuel their habit. That's life, you fuckers. Stop being greedy beyond the bounds of all comprehension if you want the respect of the fans. Football is false economics. Yes, prices rise when demand is high. But a crucial condition that separates genuine market mechanics from manipulation and avarice is supply. Prices rise when demand is high AND supply is limited. So this may apply to physical seats in a stadium but what's limited about a TV subscription or a shirt made for £2 by a slave in China that then sells for £50 or more in the UK? Pure greed is what drives football and I bloody hope it does crash. The game will still be played, without without the leeches that have clamped on.

Goonermerree
03-11-2016, 03:54 PM
I hope it crashes and burns too. Football will continue and without foreign owners coming in all the time, I think Southampton is next on the list. They don't buy clubs for a hobby, they know they will make shed loads out of it - us because prices don't come down even though there is big money from the TV rights. I refuse to buy Sky and BT getting the CL has put more pressure on the fans' pockets. I used to love that I could watch an Arsenal match from time to time on ITV. Not anymore! Will I look for a stream, damn right and if it all changes back to Saturday matches at 3pm (which it won't) so be it!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-11-2016, 10:09 AM
According to Pat Rice, Carl Jenkinson, Jack Wilshere and Emmanuel Frimpong were given verbal warnings for bullying Gervinho referring to him as Retardinho

That made me chuckle, for such a giant head there probably wasn't a lot of neural activity going on inside

Though coming from those three, bit of pot calling the kettle black.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-11-2016, 10:36 AM
According to Pat Rice, Carl Jenkinson, Jack Wilshere and Emmanuel Frimpong were given verbal warnings for bullying Gervinho referring to him as Retardinho

That made me chuckle, for such a giant head there probably wasn't a lot of neural activity going on inside

Yeah it's pretty rich especially from Jack and Frimpong who are both dumb as fuck.

At least Gervinho has made something of a career unlike Jack's who is perpetually injured and has thrown away his talent and Frimpong ........ who's getting racially abused in Russia and getting sent of every other game causing contracts to be terminated early. How's that for #Denched.

Marc Overmars
04-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if it was true. They're a trio of morons, especially Wheelchair and Frimpong.

Power n Glory
04-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Yeah it's pretty rich especially from Jack and Frimpong who are both dumb as fuck.

At least Gervinho has made something of a career unlike Jack's who is perpetually injured and has thrown away his talent and Frimpong ........ who's getting racially abused in Russia and getting sent of every other game causing contracts to be terminated early. How's that for #Denched.

Frimpong has no damn sense at all. Any black player going over to Russia to play needs their head testing.

The three of them have no business taking the piss out of Gervinho.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Frimpong has no damn sense at all. Any black player going over to Russia to play needs their head testing.

The three of them have no business taking the piss out of Gervinho.

Gervinho was and is a complete retard, but true it seems rich for those three morons to point it out

Power n Glory
04-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Guilt? :haha:

Pride, more like. Everyone likes to find a good quality stream.

It's unreal. No guilt associated with milking the fans within an inch of their lives. No, the guilt is supposed to be felt when fans find other, less rapacious ways to fuel their habit. That's life, you fuckers. Stop being greedy beyond the bounds of all comprehension if you want the respect of the fans. Football is false economics. Yes, prices rise when demand is high. But a crucial condition that separates genuine market mechanics from manipulation and avarice is supply. Prices rise when demand is high AND supply is limited. So this may apply to physical seats in a stadium but what's limited about a TV subscription or a shirt made for £2 by a slave in China that then sells for £50 or more in the UK? Pure greed is what drives football and I bloody hope it does crash. The game will still be played, without without the leeches that have clamped on.

Just seen that BT Sports has the NLD. Fuck it! I was just about to rearrange a meeting I was supposed to have on Sunday but not anymore. I can’t be asked to look for a shit quality stream where I can just about make out who is doing what. I’ll catch the highlights. I really hope things come crashing down as well. Greedy fuckers!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Consider yourself lucky I'm at work Sunday

Goonermerree
04-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Consider yourself lucky I'm at work Sunday

??

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-11-2016, 01:03 PM
??

There should have been a comma between lucky and I'm

Goonermerree
04-11-2016, 01:30 PM
There should have been a comma between lucky and I'm

Now it makes sense!! :d

GP
04-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Ozil and Alexis nominated for Player of the Year

http://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/news/y=2016/m=11/news=keep-pending-who-will-be-the-best-fifa-men-s-player-2016-2847943.html

Kano
04-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Vardy amongst that lot :lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Gervinho was and is a complete retard, but true it seems rich for those three morons to point it out

Why? For having a big forehead and bad hair do?

Penguin
04-11-2016, 09:30 PM

Pathetic if that's true.

GP
04-11-2016, 10:12 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/b/be/HatB_-_Ken_Griffey_Jr's_misfortune.png/revision/latest?cb=20100919202719

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Why? For having a big forehead and bad hair do?

no because he had exceptional pace and in some ways technical ability, but was a headless chicken anywhere near goal he just lost the ability for any kind of thought or decision making.

That was the thing if he actually had the footballing intelligence to go with his talent he probably could have been world class

Goonermerree
05-11-2016, 09:50 AM
That's true, I used to will him on as he made his runs or was in the right place at the right time, only for him to fluff his shot or whatever, again. I gave up with the willing on in the end.

Power n Glory
05-11-2016, 09:59 AM
:doh: really?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-11-2016, 10:02 AM
:doh: really?

what's the face slap for, that he had the potential to be world class?

well perhaps a bit exaggerated but he certainly could have been an exponentially better player, to paraphrase the wizard of oz song "if he only had a brain"

Goonermerree
05-11-2016, 11:26 AM
That and he looked great on youtube.:scarf:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-11-2016, 02:58 PM
no because he had exceptional pace and in some ways technical ability, but was a headless chicken anywhere near goal he just lost the ability for any kind of thought or decision making.

That was the thing if he actually had the footballing intelligence to go with his talent he probably could have been world class

I presumed you reference about our ghels bullying him was actually to do with his intelligence and not his lack of it on filed.......at least that is how you presented it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-11-2016, 03:08 PM
I have no idea of the quality of his mental abilities off the field, maybe they were referring to what he was like off the field who knows.

Hard to know footballers aren't always the brightest of sparks and that's something that's never changed, I just think of the Graham Taylor England squad of 1990-1993 and it was a team of men who seemed to have learning difficulties.

adzzzbatch
09-11-2016, 09:37 AM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1355257750059.gif

Had to be done.

GP
09-11-2016, 09:57 AM

Had to be done.

He knows he's missed before he even gets there.

Fucking loser.

The Emirates Gallactico
09-11-2016, 12:02 PM
So yeah now that Trump is in charge I suppose it means no more Pre Season trips to America given that Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka and Elneny won't be able to get visas thanks to Trump's Muslim ban. :unsure:

Goonermerree
09-11-2016, 12:55 PM
We'll still go if it means lots of money, money, money!!

The Emirates Gallactico
09-11-2016, 04:25 PM
We'll still go if it means lots of money, money, money!!

But it won't be able to make much money if our most marketable player will be banned from going because of the religion he practices. :unsure:

Goonermerree
09-11-2016, 04:27 PM
But it won't be able to make much money if our most marketable player will be banned from going because of the religion he practices. :unsure:

We've still got Sanchez and don't forget Giroud.

Penguin
09-11-2016, 07:18 PM

Had to be done.

That was bad but it looks worse than it was. He thought the keeper was going to get a touch.

Marc Overmars
13-11-2016, 01:35 PM
John Cross reckons Ozil is more likely to sign a new deal than Alexis.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2016, 02:39 PM
John Cross reckons Ozil is more likely to sign a new deal than Alexis.

Sounds like Alexis' demands are pretty extreme. Then again, that's according to shit-stirring journos so for all we know Alexis could have offered to play for free.

fakeyank
13-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Cant blame anyone not wanting to sign a new deal with Wenger in charge. I'd leave too (if I was a star player)

Letters
14-11-2016, 10:01 AM
http://www.givemesport.com/915873-the-hilarious-story-about-kolo-toures-first-arsenal-training-session?autoplay=on&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Organic-Social&utm_campaign=Tribute-Pages-laika-III-1sted

Power n Glory
14-11-2016, 11:52 AM
That was bad but it looks worse than it was. He thought the keeper was going to get a touch.

We've seen plenty of these types of misses. It's not that bad.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Cant blame anyone not wanting to sign a new deal with Wenger in charge. I'd leave too (if I was a star player)

Bollocks. If you were offered 300k a week to remain in London playing for a top club your Sri Lankan ass would sign faster than you can say "Wenger out", regardless of who the manager was.

Alexis simply has more leverage in negotiations simply because:

A) His position and how few top strikers there are in the world
B) The fact he's more prepared to move abroad as he's played in several countries already and is used to it.

Alexis' people have just seen what the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Pogba etc etc have signed for and he wants some kind of parity with them and thus they're driving a hard bargain in negotiations like Theo's people were a few years ago.

As you've seen with slimeballs like Pogba, Mkhirtyian etc, a lack of CL football or the downward spiral of a club has nothing to do with it, if the money is there. It has nothing to do with managers and if anything, Wenger's a more enticing figure for players to sign simply because of his reputation in the game (fairly or unfairly).

Kano
14-11-2016, 12:53 PM
American star players :lol: who's ever heard of that?

GP
14-11-2016, 12:55 PM

Especially when they aren't American at all, but from Bangladesh.

fakeyank
14-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Bollocks. If you were offered 300k a week to remain in London playing for a top club your Sri Lankan ass would sign faster than you can say "Wenger out", regardless of who the manager was.

Alexis simply has more leverage in negotiations simply because:

A) His position and how few top strikers there are in the world
B) The fact he's more prepared to move abroad as he's played in several countries already and is used to it.

Alexis' people have just seen what the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Pogba etc etc have signed for and he wants some kind of parity with them and thus they're driving a hard bargain in negotiations like Theo's people were a few years ago.

As you've seen with slimeballs like Pogba, Mkhirtyian etc, a lack of CL football or the downward spiral of a club has nothing to do with it, if the money is there. It has nothing to do with managers and if anything, Wenger's a more enticing figure for players to sign simply because of his reputation in the game (fairly or unfairly).

I'd take 250K in Madrid or Munich (less taxes) and play for a better manager than stay in London to play for Wenger. Pogba and the likes you mentioned moved because of money AND the chance to play at the highest level. For Pogba (at this point), it looks like a step in the wrong direction because Mourinho seems to be in meltdown, but there was plenty that was appealing about joining Man Utd other than the money.

I am not saying money is not an important factor in the negotiations.. it definitely is. I just think that he'd be prepared to take a lower amount if he felt like he had a realistic chance of winning the champions league and the league.

fakeyank
14-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Ever watch NFL, NBA or MLB? We are the world series winners in all of them! :lol:

adzzzbatch
16-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Currently watching "Premier League World" on SS1, Ray Parlour :bow: :bow:

I'm sure it's been on before, but it was bloody brilliant.

Letters
24-11-2016, 04:33 PM
http://www.football365.com/news/portrait-of-an-icon-arsene-wenger

GP
24-11-2016, 07:55 PM
http://www.football365.com/news/portrait-of-an-icon-arsene-wenger

Great man. Impossible not to love him.

selassie
25-11-2016, 10:38 AM
I'd take 250K in Madrid or Munich (less taxes) and play for a better manager than stay in London to play for Wenger. Pogba and the likes you mentioned moved because of money AND the chance to play at the highest level. For Pogba (at this point), it looks like a step in the wrong direction because Mourinho seems to be in meltdown, but there was plenty that was appealing about joining Man Utd other than the money.

I am not saying money is not an important factor in the negotiations.. it definitely is. I just think that he'd be prepared to take a lower amount if he felt like he had a realistic chance of winning the champions league and the league.

Yep, from what I can make of the situation it seems Ozil is more settled in London and more keen to sign on providing we match his wage demands and ambitions (don't laugh).

The Alexis situation seems quite tricky...it seems he is open to signing on but only if we bow to his demands, I.E. wage demands, ambitions (don't laugh), release clause in contract etc...he's basically not fully committing and is looking for a quick way out if things don't go according to plan. I don't for one minute think any amount of spin from Wenger will wash with either Ozil or Alexis this time.

I know I have gone slightly off topic here but I am basically agreeing with your point that I have highlighted above.

LDG
27-11-2016, 07:35 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2274236/arsenal-reveal-middle-aged-superhero-called-captain-arsenal-and-its-hugely-embarrassing

What the absolute fuck? :lol:

Kano
27-11-2016, 08:20 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2274236/arsenal-reveal-middle-aged-superhero-called-captain-arsenal-and-its-hugely-embarrassing

Gazidis :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2016, 08:26 PM

:blink::wacko::doh:

GP
27-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Letters :doh:

The Emirates Gallactico
27-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Hope it's fake. God it would be cringeworthy.

Not to mention that Gunnarsaurus is the GOAT.

Kano
28-11-2016, 01:11 PM
10 goals from 11 shots on target throughout November

Wenga :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-11-2016, 01:25 PM

he looks like one of Ming's palace guards from Flash Gordon.

Letters
29-11-2016, 12:14 PM
http://www.90min.com/posts/4183717-arsenal-do-the-most-arsenal-thing-ever-as-they-rack-up-an-incredible-9-years-in-fourth-spot?ref=1&team=arsenal&utm_campaign=Arsenal&utm_medium=fan_pages&utm_source=facebook.com.html

Goonermerree
29-11-2016, 01:21 PM
4th place failure. I wonder what United's stat is for the same period?

Kano
29-11-2016, 01:42 PM
But second most successful in the Prem in terms of points.

Thank God football started in 1992. I can't remember what we did before then.

GP
01-12-2016, 10:47 PM
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/804363000970874880

:(

GP
02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2016/12/leipzig-boss-hasenhuttl-confirms-arsenal-contact/?utm_campaign=autotwitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 12:53 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2016/12/leipzig-boss-hasenhuttl-confirms-arsenal-contact/?utm_campaign=autotwitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Employing him without Ralph Rangnick might be akin to hiring Brian Clough without Peter Taylor

What they have achieved with Leipzig this season is incredible, but it's definitely a joint Enterprise

Kano
02-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Always rated Hassenhuttl been there since day one

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Always rated Hassenhuttl been there since day one

Day one being July 1st 2016? :lol:

Must admit never heard of him before a few days ago, been aware that Leipzig doing well in the Bundesliga but had no idea who the coach was before he was linked to us so did a bit of reading.

Kano
02-12-2016, 01:01 PM
As I said way back

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 01:08 PM
If this is true (and Hassenhuttl seems to confirm that it is) it does at least seem to confirm that the board are at least preparing for the eventuality of wenger's departure. And it suggests quite possibly they are doing it without Wenger's input.

I get the impression feelers were actually sent out to Eddie Howe as well, but the Bournemouth chairman told us where to go.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Wouldn't really be surprised if his successor is someone out of the left field.

Just want the old goat to move on so supporting Arsenal becomes interesting again.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-12-2016, 02:47 PM
What's his pedigree like? I know Leipzig are doing really well but it's got a very Leicester City vibe about it tbh. Like Howe, I'm not sure if he has the gravitas to manage world superstars either.

I know you're sick and tired by now of me banging on about this guy but when Wenger goes it has to be Thomas Tuchel who replaces him! Excellent football and a real winner! I'm telling you we need to snap him up before a Madrid or a Barca come calling.

But yeah it's good that it seems that the club are putting feelers out there though I wouldn't be at all surprised if this guy's just blowing his own trumpet based on some dodgy reporting. Kroenke & Gazidis seemed pretty far up Wenger's arse during the AGM and in any interview they've given (he's the only guy we envisage to lead Arsenal etc etc :rolleyes:)

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 03:15 PM
WHO??????

But fine, get him in. Get Wenger out. Lovelyjubley.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 03:18 PM
What's his pedigree like? I know Leipzig are doing really well but it's got a very Leicester City vibe about it tbh. Like Howe, I'm not sure if he has the gravitas to manage world superstars either.

I know you're sick and tired by now of me banging on about this guy but when Wenger goes it has to be Thomas Tuchel who replaces him! Excellent football and a real winner! I'm telling you we need to snap him up before a Madrid or a Barca come calling.

But yeah it's good that it seems that the club are putting feelers out there though I wouldn't be at all surprised if this guy's just blowing his own trumpet based on some dodgy reporting. Kroenke & Gazidis seemed pretty far up Wenger's arse during the AGM and in any interview they've given (he's the only guy we envisage to lead Arsenal etc etc :rolleyes:)

At this stage we only know that he has spoken to this guy, we don't know who else the club has spoken to.

Also Dortmund's league form this season has been distinctly unimpressive

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 03:23 PM
It's a bit crappy to be talking to the media about it. Not a good impression to kick things off with. Then again, the fakestream media could have made the whole thing up or it could be a misdirection by the club so they can hire that Boro Primaface guy on the sly.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 03:30 PM
It's a bit crappy to be talking to the media about it. Not a good impression to kick things off with. Then again, the fakestream media could have made the whole thing up or it could be a misdirection by the club so they can hire that Boro Primaface guy on the sly.

He was asked and his response was that the article was well researched and had a lot of truth to it (article that maintained that Arsenal had been in contact with him)

But he also maintained he was happy where he was (which of course he is going to say).

Letters
02-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Theo :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_jXqwAUd68

mastermind84
02-12-2016, 05:24 PM

I'm with you regarding Tuchel.

Modern tactics.

Niall_Quinn
04-12-2016, 01:09 AM
ARSENAL are preparing to make a sensational offer to bring Chelsea outcast Cesc Fabregas back to the Emirates Stadium.

Says the Daily Express.

GP
04-12-2016, 08:27 AM
NOpe

Globalgunner
04-12-2016, 11:34 AM
NOpe

Let us know how you really feel

Marc Overmars
04-12-2016, 12:17 PM
I think he's probably still a better passer than the majority of our CM's, but he's a bit of a sloth really.

GP
06-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Gary Lewin has re-joined the club.

adzzzbatch
06-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Gary Lewin has re-joined the club.

That's pretty Kool! What will his role be?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-12-2016, 04:50 PM
That's pretty Kool! What will his role be?

Youth team physio, before he gets investigated

adzzzbatch
06-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Youth team physio, before he gets investigated

I'd forgotten about that time he saved big man's life!

GP
06-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Should have let him die.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-12-2016, 06:22 PM
A bit awkward replacing his cousin right?

adzzzbatch
06-12-2016, 07:42 PM
A bit awkward replacing his cousin right?

Working together I think.

Letters
06-12-2016, 08:03 PM
ARSENAL are preparing to make a sensational offer to bring Chelsea outcast Cesc Fabregas back to the Emirates Stadium.

Dammit :angry:
And I just got rid of that orange definitely red Arsenal shirt, too <_<

Coney
06-12-2016, 08:23 PM

Maybe having been at Barca all that time he will teach our guys how to fall to get free kicks, pelanties and get other team's players sent off.

Maestro
06-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Maybe having been at Barca all that time he will teach our guys how to fall to get free kicks, pelanties and get other team's players sent off.

He was always a bit of scrote, but I have to say I'm impressed at how he has mastered the dark arts. Barcelona and Mourinho are the best in the business to learn from

Kano
13-12-2016, 08:32 AM
Contracts to be sorted:

Santi Cazorla – contract expires in 2017, Arsenal have an option to extend for one year which Wenger says they will activate

Per Mertesacker – contract expires in 2017, Arsenal have an option to extend for one year provided they inform the player by the end of January, at which point it becomes a mutual decision.

Yaya Sanogo – 2017

Mesut Ozil – 2018

Alexis Sanchez – 2018

Olivier Giroud – 2018

Jack Wilshere – 2018

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – 2018

Kieran Gibbs – 2018

Carl Jenkinson – 2018

Wojciech Szczesny – 2018

Mathieu Debuchy – 2018

The priority is obvious. Hopefully we can nail down Sanogo for another 5 years.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Contracts to be sorted:

Santi Cazorla – contract expires in 2017, Arsenal have an option to extend for one year which Wenger says they will activate

Per Mertesacker – contract expires in 2017, Arsenal have an option to extend for one year provided they inform the player by the end of January, at which point it becomes a mutual decision.

Yaya Sanogo – 2017

Mesut Ozil – 2018

Alexis Sanchez – 2018

Olivier Giroud – 2018

Jack Wilshere – 2018

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – 2018

Kieran Gibbs – 2018

Carl Jenkinson – 2018

Wojciech Szczesny – 2018

Mathieu Debuchy – 2018

The priority is obvious. Hopefully we can nail down Sanogo for another 5 years.

I actually like Sanogo, no question he isn't premier league standard let alone Arsenal standard but i admire the effort he put in, in games. I was there when he scored his one and only goal in competitive football for us (against Borussia Dortmund)....he was arguably offside :lol:

Mertesacker should be let go, Cazorla yes of course a year extension would be for the best

With the exception of Mertesacker, Sanogo, Jenkinson and Debuchy i would be happy to give all these players contract extensions, even Szczesny (yeah his attitude sucks but ultimately I think he's a far better goalkeeper than Ospina, and I would rather have him here as the understudy).

LDG
13-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Must be time to give Diaby another contract.

Goonermerree
13-12-2016, 09:42 AM
I actually like Sanogo, no question he isn't premier league standard let alone Arsenal standard but i admire the effort he put in, in games. I was there when he scored his one and only goal in competitive football for us (against Borussia Dortmund)....he was arguably offside :lol:

Mertesacker should be let go, Cazorla yes of course a year extension would be for the best

With the exception of Mertesacker, Sanogo, Jenkinson and Debuchy i would be happy to give all these players contract extensions, even Szczesny (yeah his attitude sucks but ultimately I think he's a far better goalkeeper than Ospina, and I would rather have him here as the understudy).

I wouldn't. Szcezzer was another player who was given far too much responsibility too early. Number one at 21!!! We should have bought a better goalie and nurtured him. Now he's waay too big for his gloves.

Power n Glory
13-12-2016, 10:22 AM
I’d keep Merts around as well. He’s a leader and can be a mentor to some of the young players. We can’t make the mistake of shipping out the players that have positive influence behind the scenes. Along with Arteta, I heard Merts was a leader in the dressing room. He’s an underrated player on here. Formed a solid partnership with Kos and we saw a massive improvement on defence when he arrived. Not saying it was perfect but it was a big improvement.

Niall_Quinn
21-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Arsenal could visit China or India in pre-season as club plan extension to money-spinning trip to Australia

Arsenal in talks to make 2017 summer tour more lucrative for club

Arsene Wenger's side could make stop-off for friendly in China or India

There isn't a single footballing reason for shit like this. Even Wenger doesn't want shit like this. If he's the god of all he surveys, why doesn't he put his foot down? All season, every season, we have to hear about lacking little bit sharpness, the players being tired. So why fly them out to Australia and around Asia before the season starts? Rhetorical question. We know why.

The Dismantler
22-12-2016, 06:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1K501i7.jpg

Wenger .... :sulk:

AFC Leveller
05-01-2017, 11:29 AM
How come Jack is fit and playing every game now that he's away from the Arsenal medical team?

Power n Glory
05-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Probably not getting kicked as much. Or maybe he's getting looked after properly. Wenger's squad management has been shocking this season. We're due to lose some key players.

Power n Glory
09-01-2017, 12:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEFUbbfpNnE

Donate.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2017, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEFUbbfpNnE

Donate.

Chris Wenger :bow:

I just donated £10K

GP
09-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Keep Chris, get rid of DT.

GP
09-01-2017, 09:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1wO-t8WIAQkFkb.jpg

Özim
10-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Keep Chris get rid of Ty, never heard so much nonsense spouted from one man!

At least Chris has tried to do some good with this.

AFC Leveller
12-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Giroud, Kos and Coq have all signed new deals.

Özim
12-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Supercomputer predicts we'll finish 5th, maybe Arsene Wengers' luck will run out this season!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38524102

Özim
12-01-2017, 10:18 AM

Why you'd give Giroud a new deal is beyond me, he's rubbish. Looks like he's our main striker for the foreseeable future.

Goonermerree
12-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Why you'd give Giroud a new deal is beyond me, he's rubbish. Looks like he's our main striker for the foreseeable future.

He let us down big time last season. He didn't score a goal from February until we were out of everything, bar a couple at Hull in the FA cup.

AFC Leveller
12-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Supercomputer predicts we'll finish 5th, maybe Arsene Wengers' luck will run out this season!

I honestly wouldnt mid if we finished 5th or 6th. The club might decide to call it a day with the manager and bring in some changes, that would be great.

the CL group stages is dull as dishwater and hardly features any decent games, the knockouts usually means we come up against a big team and get beaten over two legs. I enjoy the CL mainly when i watch the Barcelna v Real Madrid/Bayern as it features high quality teams evenly matched and is entertaining to watch.

Our game at the Bayern Arena will probably be like one of those FA cup games between a PL team and a league one side where it is one sided and is either a 4-0 win to the big team or a giant killing. cant say its enjoyable.

Goonermerree
12-01-2017, 10:38 AM
I used to think being out of top 4 we wouldn't be able to attract top players, it didn't seem to affect other clubs though.

GP
12-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Yeah I wonder why $$$$$$$$

Özim
12-01-2017, 11:24 AM
I honestly wouldnt mid if we finished 5th or 6th. The club might decide to call it a day with the manager and bring in some changes, that would be great.

the CL group stages is dull as dishwater and hardly features any decent games, the knockouts usually means we come up against a big team and get beaten over two legs. I enjoy the CL mainly when i watch the Barcelna v Real Madrid/Bayern as it features high quality teams evenly matched and is entertaining to watch.

Our game at the Bayern Arena will probably be like one of those FA cup games between a PL team and a league one side where it is one sided and is either a 4-0 win to the big team or a giant killing. cant say its enjoyable.

I'm with you, I fancy a break for the CL, it's really boring and we know we're never going to get anywhere in it, would prefer to drop out of the top 4, make some drastic changes and then come back in a couple years excited with the prospect we might have more hunger and belief to succeed.

Goonermerree
12-01-2017, 11:36 AM
It could even give us an advantage in the league. look at Chelsea and Liverpool.

Letters
12-01-2017, 11:39 AM

Luck :lol:

GP
12-01-2017, 11:44 AM

Great news.

Marc Overmars
12-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Great, now get Alexis and Ozil sorted. :good:

Goonermerree
12-01-2017, 12:30 PM
How long are their contracts for? He used to only give 30 year -olds a one year deal at a time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Luck :lol:

i think there is at least an element of luck....it would be ridiculous to state that we have never finished lower than fourth and that it's totally or even significantly down to luck each time. But yeah in some seasons luck has played a big part.

Letters
12-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Luck is always a factor in football but over the course of a season you pretty much finish where you deserve to.
And over this length of time it's clearly not luck we keep finishing top 4 even if on occasions we've got the rub of the green.

Özim
12-01-2017, 01:59 PM
i think there is at least an element of luck....it would be ridiculous to state that we have never finished lower than fourth and that it's totally or even significantly down to luck each time. But yeah in some seasons luck has played a big part.

I agree with that, sure sometimes we've been top 4 and it's been down to getting the points and no external factors but a few times we've had the rub of the green with the circumstances.

Özim
12-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Luck is always a factor in football but over the course of a season you pretty much finish where you deserve to.
And over this length of time it's clearly not luck we keep finishing top 4 even if on occasions we've got the rub of the green.

I'm not sure I agree, Spurs were a better side than us overall last season as much as I hate to say it, yet they collapsed and ended up below us. Let's be honest here our football is pretty poor these days and although we do get results, we do scrape quite a number of wins that could easily have ended up as draws, I'm not sure you always finish where you deserve to finish. Sometimes the best team doesn't win, circumstances lead to them winning (ref decisions/injuries/bad luck)

Özim
12-01-2017, 02:29 PM
How long are their contracts for? He used to only give 30 year -olds a one year deal at a time.

Koscielny said his is until 2020, however the club said it was undisclosed :rolleyes:

Letters
12-01-2017, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure I agree, Spurs were a better side than us overall last season as much as I hate to say it, yet they collapsed and ended up below us. Let's be honest here our football is pretty poor these days and although we do get results, we do scrape quite a number of wins that could easily have ended up as draws, I'm not sure you always finish where you deserve to finish. Sometimes the best team doesn't win, circumstances lead to them winning (ref decisions/injuries/bad luck)

You pretty much finish where you deserve to and you certainly don't finish top 4 every year by luck.
Of course there are individual games where you get bad luck, or good. It's interesting that in games where we should have won but don't you never bemoan bad luck though, you're quick to "bemoan" good luck though.

Goonermerree
12-01-2017, 05:21 PM
You pretty much finish where you deserve to and you certainly don't finish top 4 every year by luck.
Of course there are individual games where you get bad luck, or good. It's interesting that in games where we should have won but don't you never bemoan bad luck though, you're quick to "bemoan" good luck though.

Also, way back in 2005 or was it 2006? I think Tottenham would have beaten us to 4th without lasagnagate. Bad luck for them, bloody fantastic for us!!!

Goonermerree
12-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Koscielny said his is until 2020, however the club said it was undisclosed :rolleyes:

So Wenger has probably realised that the old fogey's rule was stupid.

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Kos is a big signing. He's one of the few players we have that is worth keeping. Kos, Alexis, Ozil, Bellerin, Cech, you know the names. Giroud and Coquelin are not in that list and signing them up again just shows a lack of ambition. Not necessarily now, because we can't afford to lose them right now, but in general because we let second tier players have such prolonged periods at the club.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-01-2017, 08:51 PM

It had Man City a month ago as Champions. :lol:

I think this is just Merson.

Xhaka Can’t
12-01-2017, 09:09 PM

http://jomec.co.uk/fuse/wp-content/uploads/Picture-Trey-Parker-Matt-Stone-South-Park-400x300.png

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2017, 10:47 AM
http://jomec.co.uk/fuse/wp-content/uploads/Picture-Trey-Parker-Matt-Stone-South-Park-400x300.png

I'd just like to underscore the point, this person is a fake like the lanky bloke on TV. It's not me. I mean look at the avatar - completely different!

Letters
13-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Also, way back in 2005 or was it 2006? I think Tottenham would have beaten us to 4th without lasagnagate. Bad luck for them, bloody fantastic for us!!!

Yes, that was funny. :lol:
There are times when we've ridden our luck and needed other results to go our way on the last day so yes, there's an element of luck there. But that's been very rare.
The general point is you basically end up where you deserve. And you don't keep on ending up there by luck.

Xhaka Can’t
15-01-2017, 05:52 PM
I'd just like to underscore the point, this person is a fake like the lanky bloke on TV. It's not me. I mean look at the avatar - completely different!

You're the one with an underscore you dumb fuck.

WMUG
17-01-2017, 03:01 AM
Letters' ilk :bow:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/5odbsv/update_data_breakdown_of_why_giroud_is_an/

AFC Leveller
18-01-2017, 08:11 AM
what do people think will happen with Wilshere? his contract runs out next season and he is currently away on loan. I personally think he is a class player and should be ahead of Ramsay in the pekcing ordrer. watching him play for Bournemouth the other week it reminded me of how good he can be.

Marc Overmars
18-01-2017, 08:13 AM
If he keeps up his good form he will probably play his way back into contention with us.

Pretty funny how he's been injury free there...

AFC Leveller
18-01-2017, 08:21 AM
If he keeps up his good form he will probably play his way back into contention with us.

Pretty funny how he's been injury free there...

He is one of the few players we have who actually takes on people and creates space when he drives forward with the ball.

Marc Overmars
19-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Merts has signed a one year extension.

Niall_Quinn
19-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Merts has signed a one year extension.

I pity the lawyer who handed over that contract. He probably lost his arm.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2017, 04:40 PM
The media is back on the Arsenal discipline trail again I see. Wenger caving Taylor's face and putting him in the morge, or at least brushing him with a hand. Xhaka getting sent off for not touching the guy. And they're also back on the Johnny Foreigner thread. Apparently we have played more non-English fellas than any other team in the PL. Coloured lads like Henry and Vieira, blokes that talk funny like Bergkamp and Pires. Do we REALLY have to have their sort over here? If you ask me, they are keeping young English talent out of the game.

Players like Raheem Sterling.

GP
29-01-2017, 10:27 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/760066/Arsenal-news-Arsene-Wenger-Max-Allegri-Juventus-Serie-A-Ralph-Hasenhuttl

AFC Leveller
29-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Good choice if true.

Niall_Quinn
29-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Shit stain Durham having a meltdown because Wenger didn't get 20 years for brushing against that corrupt fraud Anthony Taylor.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/760057/arsene-wenger-four-match-ban-fa-slammed-talksport

Isn't Durham the guy who used to shuffle around on his knees with his mouth clamped around Fergie's cock? Now there was a guy who had the FA in his pocket.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Dummy Durham. I heard him on talksport and the way he spoke about the ruling (before I actually knew how long Wenger had got) you'd have thought Wenger got a one game ban.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2017, 03:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170203/2bd86a8177175286e59e41f7a0a50b50.jpg
Guess which team Stan owns?

Gooner23
03-02-2017, 03:21 PM
The guy is a leech

rodders
03-02-2017, 04:34 PM
I confidently expect Arsenal to lose four or five nil tomorrow. Arsene will have another inane excuse. As in the past with other players Alexis and Ozil will want to leave as it becomes more and more obvious that Arsenal will win nothing whilst Wenger is at the helm.

Letters
03-02-2017, 04:39 PM
I confidently expect Arsenal to lose four or five nil tomorrow. Arsene will have another inane excuse. As in the past with other players Alexis and Ozil will want to leave as it becomes more and more obvious that Arsenal will win nothing whilst Wenger is at the helm.

Apart from in 2015 of course.

And 2014.

Power n Glory
03-02-2017, 04:40 PM
I have no idea what's going to happen. It's almost a cruel joke if we win it. Even though I know the team are more than capable of beating Chelsea, I'm confident we'll repeat the same shit shower performance we saw against Watford when we least expect it.

rodders
03-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Apart from in 2015 of course.

And 2014.

It has been obvious for several years that the FA Cup is not the prestigious competition it once was. That is why most top clubs do not put out their first team. It is also why it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Wenger manages to lose at Sutton.

Letters
03-02-2017, 05:00 PM
It has been obvious for several years that the FA Cup is not the prestigious competition it once was. That is why most top clubs do not put out their first team. It is also why it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Wenger manages to lose at Sutton.

People on here who were doing cartwheels in 2014 when we won it soon started pretending they didn't care about it when it suited their agenda.
It has unfortunately lost some of its sheen in the modern game and that's a shame but it's still a reasonably major trophy and better to win it than not. At least I'd care if we won that, unlike the league cup when I couldn't give a monkeys.
But we won't win the bigger prizes while Wenger is in charge, that much is true.

Power n Glory
03-02-2017, 05:07 PM
People on here who were doing cartwheels in 2014 when we won it soon started pretending they didn't care about it when it suited their agenda.
It has unfortunately lost some of its sheen in the modern game and that's a shame but it's still a reasonably major trophy and better to win it than not. At least I'd care if we won that, unlike the league cup when I couldn't give a monkeys.
But we won't win the bigger prizes while Wenger is in charge, that much is true.

I can only speak for myself, but my hope was for the cups to act as a springboard and for the team to go on to win bigger prizes.

rodders
03-02-2017, 05:09 PM

I think we now agree on the point I was making. In my youth the FA Cup was deemed by many to be the major trophy Living close to Wembley I cycled there on Cup Final Day to buy a programme and then watch the coaches stop at the Pub Opposite where we lived on the way (and back) from the game. Many people going to the final went to the Ice Hockey at Empire Pool after the Cup Final,

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2017, 05:15 PM
I can only speak for myself, but my hope was for the cups to act as a springboard and for the team to go on to win bigger prizes.

Yes of course, and Letters is fully aware of that. The alternative to treating the cups this way is to say the whole Emirates project was so we could compete with Hull and Wigan in the FA Cup. IIRC that's not what was said as Highbury was being knocked down. They were going on about "European elite", "team worthy of the stadium", and even more recently have been mentioning Bayern Munich. So no, the FA Cup in no way shape or form represents success, not the by our supposed standards. A nice day out, that's what it is these days.

Power n Glory
03-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Yes of course, and Letters is fully aware of that. The alternative to treating the cups this way is to say the whole Emirates project was so we could compete with Hull and Wigan in the FA Cup. IIRC that's not what was said as Highbury was being knocked down. They were going on about "European elite", "team worthy of the stadium", and even more recently have been mentioning Bayern Munich. So no, the FA Cup in no way shape or form represents success, not the by our supposed standards. A nice day out, that's what it is these days.

Exactly. I think a new question to ask is whether people would want Wenger to stay on if we were to somehow win the league or CL?

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Exactly. I think a new question to ask is whether people would want Wenger to stay on if we were to somehow win the league or CL?

Well yes, because we'd want to keep anyone who was capable of performing miracles.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2017, 05:52 PM

No because his time is up regardless, he's going to be 68 this year so how much more does he have left to give? If by some miracle we won the league or CL then I'd think he'd be stupid not to bow out on that high.

Power n Glory
03-02-2017, 06:06 PM
No because his time is up regardless, he's going to be 68 this year so how much more does he have left to give? If by some miracle we won the league or CL then I'd think he'd be stupid not to bow out on that high.

CL would be the perfect exit. I'd be happy for him if he won that and moved on. I was going to say he should have left after the FA Cups, but at least we're not left wondering if he needed more time to just build a team with the new sponsorship money.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-02-2017, 06:17 PM
This was discussed on Arsenal fan tv the other day

On one hand it's easy to answer because no one believes Arsene Wenger is capable of delivering us the European cup

On the other hand even if it was possible even the sentimentalists would think fantastic he should go out with a bang and not a whimper.

I still just about care about us winning trophies more than who the manager is, but frankly I can see myself thinking if he signs an extension that not only do I think we won't win big trophies I wouldn't want us to almost because it would further delay his departure.

I still like and respect Wenger, but I've long ago had enough of him

AFC Leveller
05-02-2017, 07:09 PM
In other news, Sanogo is included in the CL squad.

GP
05-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Elneny just put Egypt ahead in the AFCON final.

GP
05-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Elneny just put Egypt ahead in the AFCON final.

https://u.nya.is/crnenc.mp4

Marc Overmars
05-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Weird how Egypt never qualify for World Cups despite their success in this.

Power n Glory
05-02-2017, 08:04 PM
We miss that guy. I rate him.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Blimey.......If he wins the league from this position or CL I'm more than happy for him to stay!

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2017, 09:49 PM
In other news, Sanogo is included in the CL squad.

Wenger does this on purpose to troll the fans.

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Gary Neville has laid into Arsenal fans for their recent treatment of manager Arsene Wenger.

Wenger watched from the stands as his Gunners side were beaten soundly by Chelsea on Saturday.

It leaves them fourth in the Premier League table, 12 points behind the current leaders, and facing a battle to finish in the top four.

Arsenal supporters have once again made their thoughts known in the aftermath of the result, with many calling for Wenger’s sacking, including the ridiculous ArsenalFanTV, which is just terrible.

“I walked out of the Chelsea ground yesterday and there were the Arsenal Fan TV cameras everywhere,” Neville told Sky Sports.

“To be honest with you it was embarrassing listening to it and watching it.

“I was watching Chelsea fans taking the mickey out of them, which was a little bit funny.

“I was watching Arsenal fans slating and slanging into him, and I thought, ‘he doesn’t deserve that’.

Not a single credible title challenge in a decade. Neville says Wenger has done an "unbelievable job". I agree. Abso-fucking-lutely unbelievable. Not a single, credible title challenge in all that time. For a club of this stature. When even Leicester City has managed to nick a title. It's shocking and Neville's staunch defence of a guy who has consistently failed for at least the last 10 years - not 10 matches, not 10 months, but 10 fucking years - is another example of the privilege crew in modern football getting together to protect each others backs. Hell, if they all started telling the truth about each other then the gravy train might go straight off the rails. You'd think that Neville, being a massive fuck-up of a manager himself, would be able to easily spot another fuck-up. Apparently not.

Meanwhile, a similar article has a poll beneath it. 25% of the voters want Wenger to stay, 48% want him gone, and 27% responded favourably to the poll option, "I'm a rival fan - I want him to stay. Wenger Forever!" On a football level we have long been a laughing stock under Wenger, but we're starting to plumb new depths this season.

Marc Overmars
06-02-2017, 10:36 AM
They will want him to stay because they know for as long as he's here we pose no threat whatsoever. Nothing but a fly on the wall to those that challenge for and win the major honours.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-02-2017, 10:36 AM
It makes me sick when i find myself agreeing with Piers Morgan

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Robbie from Arsenal Fan TV fired back at the ex-England international, insisting supporters had the right to be heard.

Response to @GNev2 's comments about ArsenalFanTV made on @SkySports earlier pic.twitter.com/pbSnTJQCmJ

— ArsenalFanTV (@ArsenalFanTV) February 5, 2017
He said: “Neville’s been having a go at Arsenal Fan TV on Sky Sports saying that fans shouldn’t be slating off the manager of the football club.

“Fans pay their money and go to watch their club week in, week out, up and down the country everywhere. So because they’re not as articulate as you and haven’t got on a suit and in a Sky Sports studio, they’re not allowed to say anything and just be quiet?

Robbie makes a valid point and then follows up by promoting a gambling app.

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2017, 10:37 AM
It makes me sick when i find myself agreeing with Piers Morgan

It makes me sick when I find you agreeing with Piers Morgan.

Marc Overmars
06-02-2017, 10:40 AM
AFTV might full of freaks but they're only echoing the sentiments of most of the fan base, even if it is cranked up to the max for the YouTube views.

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Fan channels are popular in 2017 and it’s not hard to understand why. This is now a world in which the supporter feels marginalised and so it’s entirely natural that a movement which returns their voice is embraced. If the modern-day fan has really just become a consumer, then social media – despite its many evils – does at least add a pair of eyes to the corporate facade.

They are a force for good, then. They allow supporters to be heard at a time when clubs are only interested in holding them by their ankles and shaking their pockets empty. Catching fans immediately after they leave matches, these cameras capture that elusive real-person angle that Sky and BT seem less than interested in and present a perspective which challenges Richard Scudamore’s perfect world.

They are an excellent idea. Twitter may have provided a stage for everyone to dance and shout on, but fan channels have added a third dimension. Real people, real faces; it works because it conveys emotion by a means other than block capitals, exclamation marks and irate emojis.

Well, in the beginning it did. Now, as the genre involves, that original concept is mutating into something ugly. Rather than being a true depiction of fan culture, they reward those with the loudest voices and the lowest levels of self-respect. Less forums of self-expression and more avenues for low-grade opportunity, they are becoming character creation factories. The ubiquitous ArsenalFanTV (as derided by Gary Neville), for instance, has become a theatre of the absurd in which preposterously affected personalities are thrust into the football community’s conscious. It’s all scripted buzz-phrases and Jeremy Kyle culture and it possesses the charm of watching two unpopular children being forced to fight in a playground.

http://www.football365.com/news/fan-channels-pantomime-meets-opportunist-greed

SpurredOn, Full Time Devils, Chelsea Fans’ Channel and Blue Moon Rising are all operated by Shotglass Media, a digital wing of Fremantle UK, the production company behind The Apprentice, Take Me Out and Britain’s Got Talent... Part of the cold set of capitalist realities though it may be, it is also symptomatic of a particularly toxic cynicism. A supporter’s passion is personal and this is really just a clandestine way of taxing it.

Can't help but notice Robbie's new format. Very slick. Though I won't be downloading that gambling app myself. I'm not greedy. Getting fucked in the arse once is enough for me.

Power n Glory
06-02-2017, 10:54 AM
I actually think Robbie may be on to something with Arsenal Fan TV. Because of the absolute shite most of these pundits talk and poor post game analysis, I’m switching off when they’re talking. MOTD set the bar low and BT Sports hit a new standard of low. Neville can also fuck off with his hypocrisy.

I tune in for Arsenal Fan TV when a game is over, I check for the post game podcasts that talk through the games. It’s a growing trend and I’m sure the leaches working for Sky will cotton on to the trend and overpaid fuckers like Neville may find themselves out of the job. It’s the stepping stones for a new sort of platform.

Power n Glory
06-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Can't help but notice Robbie's new format. Very slick. Though I won't be downloading that gambling app myself. I'm not greedy. Getting fucked in the arse once is enough for me.

:gp: Along the same lines I was just thinking. Once Wenger goes, Arsenal Fan TV will have to evolve, but if Robbie is able to gain access to more players and more interviews with Gazidis, etc....it may provide some competition.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-02-2017, 11:07 AM
he has another two years at least to worry about becoming the black john cross

Power n Glory
06-02-2017, 11:08 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gary-neville-would-happy-go-9766005#r3z-addoor

This just makes the platform even bigger. Neville saying he's happy to go on.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Robbie is no one's fool, he has run this channel very smartly and Arsenal fan TV has got the recognition (even just for the amusement of other fans) that it deserves.

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2017, 11:51 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gary-neville-would-happy-go-9766005#r3z-addoor

This just makes the platform even bigger. Neville saying he's happy to go on.

Neville's tactics are as effective as ever. The best way to drive Arsenal fans in droves to Arsenal Fan TV is for Neville to open his fat, stupid mouth. The 'establishment', establishment being the approved body of 'experts' appointed by big business to front their money making scams (and football is no different) don't care when unauthorised oiks dare to have an unauthorised and non-sanitised opinion. But they fucking hate it when a medium is found to distribute that opinion. Then they get all shitty and pissy and start talking about fake news and comedy fans. They make these accusations in full knowledge that the ridiculous and indecipherable Jamie Carragher is bouncing around the studio.

GP
06-02-2017, 12:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh2-o-zsr1U

Power n Glory
06-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Neville's tactics are as effective as ever. The best way to drive Arsenal fans in droves to Arsenal Fan TV is for Neville to open his fat, stupid mouth. The 'establishment', establishment being the approved body of 'experts' appointed by big business to front their money making scams (and football is no different) don't care when unauthorised oiks dare to have an unauthorised and non-sanitised opinion. But they fucking hate it when a medium is found to distribute that opinion. Then they get all shitty and pissy and start talking about fake news and comedy fans. They make these accusations in full knowledge that the ridiculous and indecipherable Jamie Carragher is bouncing around the studio.

You mean Robbie.

Maestro
06-02-2017, 09:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh2-o-zsr1U

Crucial Robbbie :dancingman::music::haha::haha: he will never live down that aborted attempt at a music career. Toasting they used to call that style back in the day

Tune at 14:37 afraid to get kick up

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2017, 10:01 PM
It's so awful it makes you want to listen.

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2017, 10:02 PM
But not for long.