PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 02:35 PM
It is a claim, but I think it's fairly likely to be true.
But, again, it depends how it was framed. If it was stated that Adams was assisting with Cole's development then I don't think that would have been controversial. If the claim was he was solely responsible for it then I think that would have been challenged.

Yes, you see what I mean.

In general terms without delving too deep, the more likely scenario would have been the latter.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Not totally unfair (even the first Matrix was overrated)

And I don’t think anyone would think it unfair that in the final analysis Wenger was of his time

However, Henry didn’t convert from a winger to a striker because of a prophetic dream. How much Wenger micromanaged that transition who knows, considering his laissez faire attitude I doubt he would have broken it down to the basic constituents of his game no.

Would he have encouraged him to do things he saw from him on the pitch that thought would make him a good striker....that sounds more plausible
Heretic.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Heretic.

Mods can I get a name change?

Letters
07-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Mods can I get a name change?

To what?

HCZ
07-03-2018, 02:42 PM
To what?

Is that an actual question?

It was meant to be a joke, but now I think of it I actually like it

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 02:44 PM
I want to change my name.

Letters
07-03-2018, 02:45 PM
OIC... Soz.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Is that an actual question?

It was meant to be a joke, but now I think of it I actually like it

I will, obviously, take the credit for that ##

(#wengerisalie)

HCZ
07-03-2018, 02:50 PM
I will, obviously, take the credit for that ##

(#wengerisalie)

You might as well

There’s little else you can laudably take credit for

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Are you one of those....what do you call them?....Gender Benders

????

HCZ
07-03-2018, 03:00 PM
????

Is that how you self identify now

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Is that how you self identify now

I wanted to change my username, don't over complicate things.:rolleyes:

Cripps
07-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Unemployment:bow:

HCZ
07-03-2018, 03:09 PM

You finally been sacked?

Maybe don’t deliberately break wind in an attempt to suffocate your colleagues

Globalgunner
07-03-2018, 03:10 PM

Make that underemployment in the case of Herbert. Now poo boy has escaped the coop. What else is there to do.?

HCZ
07-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Make that underemployment in the case of Herbert. Now poo boy has escaped the coop. What else is there to do.?

I can actually get on with my own work now

I’m just choosing to do so very slowly :haha:

Cripps
07-03-2018, 03:23 PM
You finally been sacked?

Maybe don’t deliberately break wind in an attempt to suffocate your colleagues

Oh be quiet or I'll get Lamarr on you.

Marc Overmars
07-03-2018, 03:27 PM
It’s great heading up a team and having your own office, I can do whatever the fuck I want without question and only need to concern myself a handful of times a month when the area manager pops in.

Cripps
07-03-2018, 03:48 PM
I'll get him to shit on your face.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 03:48 PM
You might as well

There’s little else you can laudably take credit for

As long as you don't get all vocal about it later on and say it was Letters idea

Cripps
07-03-2018, 03:50 PM
It’s great heading up a team and having your own office, I can do whatever the fuck I want without question and only need to concern myself a handful of times a month when the area manager pops in.

Mafia bosses :bow:

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 03:55 PM
I wanted to change my username, don't over complicate things.:rolleyes:

Overcomplicate is one word, not two. You've made it more complex than was necessary.

Marc Overmars
07-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Mafia bosses :bow:

I’m sure I’ve been called worse amongst those in my office. :lol:

HCZ
07-03-2018, 04:22 PM
I'll get him to shit on your face.

That could take a very long time

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Overcomplicate is one word, not two. You've made it more complex than was necessary.

Now you're just compounding the problem.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Now you're just compounding the problem.

I suppose that's the long and short of it.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 05:03 PM
I’m sure I’ve been called worse amongst those in my office. :lol:

Such as??

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Former Arsenal forward Sanchez Watt received the most bizarre red card of the season after a referee mistook the player saying his own name for dissent.

Watt, playing for Hemel Hempstead in their National League South clash with East Thurrock on Tuesday night, was asked his name by ref Dean Hulme so that he could book him for kicking the ball away.

But the official grew frustrated when the answer given was 'Watt', mistaking the reply as the player saying 'What?' and arguing against his decision. Hulme asked Watt three times for his name, receiving 'Watt' as the reply each time, before seeing red and giving Watt his marching orders.

Watt the fuck?

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Waaaaaaaattttt?!?!

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 05:53 PM
That’s genuinely my reaction when I see or have to come into any kind of contact with Blacks

Good old police training.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 05:54 PM
I can’t blame that

I work for Essex not the MET

Essex police :haha:

Traffic wardens with extra attitude.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Essex police :haha:

Traffic wardens with extra attitude.

Don’t be stupid

I don’t know where you’re getting extra attitude from

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Actually some of the best coppers I've met were from the Essex mob. Especially the plain clothes lot. It's very hard to tell them from the perps, but they have a good heart.

The coppers and the perps all know each other from school :haha:

GP
07-03-2018, 09:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXteZI3V4AESXUn.jpg

:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Well he is known for diving.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Actually some of the best coppers I've met were from the Essex mob. Especially the plain clothes lot. It's very hard to tell them from the perps, but they have a good heart.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least

About the same standard of academic achievement too

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 10:46 PM
That’s genuinely my reaction when I see or have to come into any kind of contact with Blacks

Must be a great laugh, never grow up, still playing cops and robbers :lol:

HCZ
08-03-2018, 11:01 AM
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/shop-owners-arsenal-decline-under-kroenke-and-wenger-is-hurting-small-businesses-outside-emirates-stadium-1-5425014

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:20 AM
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/shop-owners-arsenal-decline-under-kroenke-and-wenger-is-hurting-small-businesses-outside-emirates-stadium-1-5425014

Now Wenger is destroying the economy :doh:

Letters
08-03-2018, 11:21 AM
They have a pretty crappy business model if it is reliant on the fluctuating fortunes of a football club.

Power n Glory
08-03-2018, 11:23 AM

Sad for small businesses but good to see that we have some sort of stat to show that fans are voting with their feet. I wonder what merchandise sales are like?

It kills the idea that the club can do what they want because they have thousands of fans on the waiting list ready to take their place.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:28 AM
They have a pretty crappy business model if it is reliant on the fluctuating fortunes of a football club.

They should be relying on the stable national economy instead.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 11:29 AM

If you have a shop called Piebury Corner which is designed to take in most of its revenues on match days because fans eat pies innit, like it or not you are going to be reliant on football fans coming out to watch the games.

And in the 11-12 years that the Emirates has been in operation and with Highbury stadium before that it’s fair to say that there wasn’t anywhere near such a malaise.

I don’t think in such circumstances it’s unreasonable for small business owners to come to the conclusion that “if you sack him, they will come”

Power n Glory
08-03-2018, 11:30 AM

Exactly.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Sad for small businesses but good to see that we have some sort of stat to show that fans are voting with their feet. I wonder what merchandise sales are like?

It kills the idea that the club can do what they want because they have thousands of fans on the waiting list ready to take their place.

If they were really voting with their feet Wenger would have a foot up his arse. Way too many of them still going for some reason. Expensive. Crap football. Free post match abuse from the manager and players.

Letters
08-03-2018, 11:31 AM

Brexit will ensure that, Shirley?

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:32 AM
If you have a shop called Piebury Corner which is designed to take in most of its revenues on match days because fans eat pies innit, like it or not you are going to be reliant on football fans coming out to watch the games.

And in the 11-12 years that the Emirates has been in operation and with Highbury stadium before that it’s fair to say that there wasn’t anywhere near such a malaise.

I don’t think in such circumstances it’s unreasonable for small business owners to come to the conclusion that “if you sack him, they will come”

Field of Nightmares :bow:

Marc Overmars
I do love Piebury Corner pie.

They had a venison one when I last went, delicious tbf.

Power n Glory

:lol: Good come back!

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Hook. Worm.

This is me, swimming past.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 11:35 AM
I do love Piebury Corner pie.

They had a venison one when I last went, delicious tbf.

Those wop cunts from Naples vandalised it four years ago

Never been big on pie and mash or pies in general but it’s the kind of local business to be proud of

Letters
08-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Hook. Worm.

This is me, swimming past.

Worth a try :tiphat:

Cripps
09-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Szczesny stunned Wembley officials with anti-Tottenham antics | ✍ @TomCStandard https://t.co/vGwLGAsBzv

Chezza :bow:

Mac76
09-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Szczesny stunned Wembley officials with anti-Tottenham antics | ✍ @TomCStandard https://t.co/vGwLGAsBzv

Chezza :bow:

i still say we should get him back

I bet Wenger doesn't like him becuase he'd be worry Sczezza would actually answer back and ask some awkward questions

oh and steal the fags out of his desk drawer...

Mac76
09-03-2018, 02:08 PM

yeah that guy has a cardboard cut-out of the Great man outside his shop and then wonders why no-one comes in... :dunce:

Come to think of it maybe that's the real Wenger and the cut-out is what they use at matches...

Penguin
09-03-2018, 05:28 PM
i still say we should get him back

I bet Wenger doesn't like him becuase he'd be worry Sczezza would actually answer back and ask some awkward questions

oh and steal the fags out of his desk drawer...

Does he even play anymore?

Cripps
09-03-2018, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ho3R3LbHU

I take everything back I said about Bellerin.

Marc Overmars
09-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Yeah, that’s classy tbf.

Shame he’s going to break those kids hearts when he leaves...

Goonermerree
10-03-2018, 09:32 AM

Those shirts will be worth a fortune, pampered rich kids get richer. I wish she's have been from a council estate.

Cripps
10-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Those shirts will be worth a fortune, pampered rich kids get richer. I wish she's have been from a council estate.

:blink:

AFC Leveller
11-03-2018, 12:08 PM
n a lengthy exclusive interview with Der Spiegel, Per Mertesacker has completely opened up about his time as a professional footballer.

Lewis Ambrose – @LGAmbrose – reports for Arseblog News.

The Arsenal captain talked about mental and physical issues throughout his playing career, the suicide of former team-mate Robert Enke, why he is retiring and, finally, what he wants to do when he takes over the Arsenal academy.

(All quotes from Der Spiegel)

Over 100 caps for Germany, over 200 Arsenal appearances, three FA Cup wins and a World Cup triumph have not been enough to prepare Per Mertesacker’s body for the stress of the oncoming 90 minutes.

Every single week, every single game in his career, the same ordeal.

“My stomach turns as if I’m going to throw up, then I choke so much my eyes water,” Mertesacker said, explaining that he turns his head into his shoulder immediately before kick-off so his team-mates, the fans, and the TV cameras can’t pick up his first battle of the game.

“This isn’t supposed to sound whiny because I am obviously aware of the privileges of my life.”

This is the first time Mertesacker has spoken about the troubles he’s faced, but he couldn’t always hide it from his colleagues.

“(Clemens Fritz) said he had to try everything to fall asleep in the same room as me. My right foot would tremble so much the night before the game that the duvet would rustle and it drove him mad.”

Matchday itself is even worse.

“I have to go directly to the bathroom from bed. From breakfast to the bathroom. From lunch to the bathroom. At the stadium, to the bathroom again.

“Obviously you think: ah shit, hopefully nobody sees. On the other hand, I was back to normal again immediately after, just like: bam, completely there.

“I don’t want to make it sound dramatic — it had no effect on my performance.”

As a child, Mertesacker’s height saw him play at age groups above his own and he explains how some children would cry when they saw him because he was already so tall. Like his obvious physical advantages, his game hasn’t changed much either: “always defensive, always simple, always effective. Just like today.”

Football wasn’t the end game, though. Even when he signed for Hannover aged 11 he saw it as a hobby. A growth disorder in his teenage years saw him miss a huge amount of time as his bones tried to keep up with the rate of his growth.

“I felt so much pain in my left knee that I couldn’t exercise for a year.”

His parents convinced him to focus on his education, which he did, but a dramatic rise after returning to fitness saw him break into the Hannover 96 team. Just a few months later he was being called up for the national side.

“There was one highlight after the other and it was hard to juggle it all. I did my A-Levels, trained every day, played every weekend. I often said to myself: ‘Don’t think about it, pull through. Just pull through.’ Eventually you realise this is just a burden — physically and mentally — it’s no longer fun. No ifs, no buts. You have to deliver. Even when you’re injured.”

Not even two years after his international debut, Mertesacker was called up for the 2006 World Cup, hosted in Germany.

“The idea of a World Cup in my home country was exhilarating.

“Of course I was disappointed to lose to Italy in the semi-final but above all else I was relieved. I remember it as if it were yesterday, just thinking: it’s over, it’s finally over.

“The pressure ate away at me. The constant fear of making a mistake that would lead to a goal. That exists in other games, you look at the scoreboard and the minutes tick away, but at the World Cup that feeling was brutal. But could I really have said that? That I was glad we were out?”

The pressure told at the 2014 World Cup, when the polite Mertesacker snapped live on TV after Germany narrowly saw off Algeria in extra-time.

“What do people want? We fought until the end,” before declaring, “now I’m going to lie in an ice bath for three days.”

The reaction to the interview was overwhelmingly positive, though it may have helped that it came from one of Germany’s most popular players.

As if the World Cup was not enough to contend with, injuries also take their toll mentally as well as physically.

After that 2006 World Cup, Mertesacker’s heel bone was damaged and had to be reshaped. He chose to go to a rehab clinic more or less in the middle of nowhere.

“I just wanted to be so far away from the game, the clubs, the stadiums. Everyone thinks it’s so theatrical when you’re injured. It’s not. It’s the only legitimate way to get time off, to stop grinding away.

“It doesn’t even matter if you’ve played 10 good games, the latest one is the only one that counts.

“When the fans celebrate you, it’s indescribable. The whistle/boo you and, whew, I sink with shame.

“Whenever I just felt like I couldn’t keep going, I got injured. I even claim that a lot of recurring injuries are psychological. But that nobody really talks about that.”

After games, Mertesacker finds it difficult to sleep for the next five hours. “You stand there on the training ground the next day completely idle.”

At Arsenal in January 2012 he laid in bed three days, waiting for an illness to pass, but couldn’t explain to anyone exactly what was wrong.

“Well, just exhaustion. Utter exhaustion.”

Six years earlier, when Mertesacker moved to Werder Bremen, he encountered a club psychologist for the first time. However, he refused to open up.

“When he spoke to us, everyone responded with with the same mantra: I’m fine, nothing’s wrong, stay away from me, I don’t want to speak to you.

“When you’re part of a team, you don’t want others to think there’s something wrong or that competitive sport may not be for you.

“You mess around in the changing room, maybe you’re close to a couple of people there, but that’s it. Nobody’s going to drop their trousers and say how they feel.”

Mertesacker appears to hope that is changing and admits he has spoken to the club psychologist since his move to Arsenal in 2011, which has helped boost his self-confidence.

The previously closed-off nature of the dressing room has no better example than the tragic suicide of German goalkeeper Robert Enke, who played with Mertesacker at Hannover (2004-06) and in the national team (2004-2009).

“Even I didn’t realise how he was doing. That says a lot, right? I was close to dropping everything. Especially because a week later, everything was just seemingly back to normal.

“But my career is unique and I’ve been so lucky, I couldn’t just give it all up. It’s like a whirlpool that you can’t climb out of.”

Well aware that such an open interview may see him come in for some criticism (how many times have we seen people say footballers can’t suffer from depression, for example?), Mertesacker reiterates that he knows he is privileged and doesn’t take it for granted but doesn’t believe he has been overpaid: he did, after all, sacrifice his childhood, his privacy, his freedom.

“I would never say that I was or am overpaid, personally. I know what I did it for and I know the burden. I also realise that I chose this and nobody has done it to me.”

Now in a seemingly better place, Mertesacker manages to take time out each year with friends from his childhood. Sometimes they go fishing in Canada, other times they hike near where his grandparents lived. Those days give him strength, as does his family, “who don’t care how I played when I come home, they’re just happy to see me”.

His sons, six and three, are among the reasons he has chosen to retire at the end of this season.

“They are getting to the age where they understand that their father plays for Arsenal and that people know him. I don’t want them to define me by that, or for them to go to school and hear that I played badly at the weekend.”

They aren’t the only reasons, though, with doctors assessing the cartilage damage in his knee and supporting the decision.

“My body is finished. Everyone says I should enjoy the last year, play as much as possible, take everything in. I’d rather sit on the bench or – even better – in the stands.
And then, for the first time over the age of 30, I’ll feel free in my life.”

Next? Well, the next step is already decided. After a three month break, Mertesacker will be back at Arsenal as the new academy manager. He already has a clear idea of what he’d like to implement and what he wants his academy to provide.

“I want to attack the system. We are responsible for the guys who come in and they can’t put all their eggs in the football basket. They can’t neglect their education.”

Mertesacker explains that only 1% of the academy players will make it in football, “and of the remaining 99%, 60% are permanently unemployed.”

As for his playing career, there are no regrets. Amid the physical, mental, emotional toil, Mertesacker has become a world champion, a three-time FA Cup winner, a Germany legend and an Arsenal captain.

“Even if I had to vomit before every game and go to rehab 20 times, I would do it all again and again.

“It was worth it for all the memories.”

LDG
11-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Per :bow:

Goonermerree
12-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Whilst acknowledging that professional footballers get depression, I take issue with Per saying that he doesn’t think he’s overpaid. I’m only going to mention the teaching profession because that’s all I know, but many teachers feel like vomiting before an OFSTED inspection, and observation by 2 or 3 senior management, 4 or 5 times a year, who will pick holes in your lesson, that’s what they’re expected to do. It all goes on record now. Then you have to turn up the next day to explain what you are going to do about your ‘failings’, wouldn’t it be nice to go to bed for 3 days or just not bother the next day. You can’t, you have a class to teach.
On top of all that you have ‘learning walks’ and you are given a written report of what they found or didn’t find that they should have. If the observations are bad enough, you can go on an incompetency report, never mind a few boos from the crowd. I worked in a school where a handful of teachers were slated for their lessons, but not those on the SM team. Somebody looked at the target of the school and they said a certain number were deemed to be good or above and that they wanted all teachers to be at least good by Easter, so guess what, management slated some in that first round of observations, then made them ‘good’ by the time their predicted lot of ‘goods would be’. Good teachers were nearly given nervous breakdowns just so that Senior Management could be shown to reach their targets.

Teachers work a year for what Per gets in about half a week or more. Don’t tell me you’re not overpaid Per, that is rubbish. Teachers have to go through this every year for 40 years, not until their 30.(I know a lot of people can make comparable statements)

Letters
12-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Whilst acknowledging that professional footballers get depression, I take issue with Per saying that he doesn’t think he’s overpaid.

Correct. They are ludicrously over-paid and have been for years.
Yes they make sacrifices but no more so than the guys back in the day to gave their all for their clubs, often stayed loyal to that club for their whole career and were so poorly remunerated they had to go and find another career after they retired from football.

Mac76
12-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Correct. They are ludicrously over-paid and have been for years.
Yes they make sacrifices but no more so than the guys back in the day to gave their all for their clubs, often stayed loyal to that club for their whole career and were so poorly remunerated they had to go and find another career after they retired from football.

When you consider how many fail to play or put in enough effort on matchday (and this applies to many teams btw) it's even more insulting

take the West Brom players who by all accounts have 'given up'- should they not also 'give up' their salaries then?

Penguin
12-03-2018, 04:43 PM
I have a lot of time for Per, but what he said is quite shocking. Feeling relieved when Germany got knocked out, counting down the minutes on the clock and praying that he doesn't make a mistake. Is that the sort of mindset we want our players to have going into matches? This is coming from our captain!

Then we have our vice captain Koscielny breaking down into tears and going missing. Deeney was right.

Mac76
12-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Deeney was right.

the same Deeney whose cojones shrivelled down to currants in front of a half empty stadium waving a few scarves to put him off?

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 04:57 PM
the same Deeney whose cojones shrivelled down to currants in front of a half empty stadium waving a few scarves to put him off?

Just because Deeney's balls fell off doesn't mean our lot found them and put them to good use.

Modern players are a joke really. Most of them.

Penguin
12-03-2018, 05:06 PM

Yep.

Letters
12-03-2018, 05:11 PM
When you consider how many fail to play or put in enough effort on matchday (and this applies to many teams btw) it's even more insulting

take the West Brom players who by all accounts have 'given up'- should they not also 'give up' their salaries then?
Danny Baker has an idea that the players should line up with wheelbarrows on the pitch after home games and receive their salaries in cash with the fans still present and able to react as they see fit...

:d

Cripps
12-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Tottenham reveal season ticket prices for their new stadium with seats in giant south stand costing between £895 and £2,200 https://t.co/CRnAfy9saY

Spurs spent years laughing at us and now they're about to go through everything we went through :lol:

Goodbye Tottenham, welcome gentrified, middle class, skinny latte Spurs :lol:

HCZ
12-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Tottenham reveal season ticket prices for their new stadium with seats in giant south stand costing between £895 and £2,200 https://t.co/CRnAfy9saY

Spurs spent years laughing at us and now they're about to go through everything we went through :lol:

Goodbye Tottenham, welcome gentrified, middle class, skinny latte Spurs :lol:

They were the second highest in London behind us even before this

And as for Arsenal, it’s always been expensive to go and watch us

There’s no justification for it. It is though nothing new

Marc Overmars
12-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Wonder if they will hate their new place as much as we do the Emirates. Sure it's plush and probably the most comfortable stadium to watch football in, but my god does it lack a soul.

Cripps
12-03-2018, 06:15 PM
We include 7 cup games in ours

Arsenal :bow:

Letters
12-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Wonder if they will hate their new place as much as we do the Emirates. Sure it's plush and probably the most comfortable stadium to watch football in, but my god does it lack a soul.

That comes about through history. You can't manufacture it.
But also a club needs heroes and where are they going to come from in this era of obscenely paid mercenaries

HCZ
12-03-2018, 07:03 PM

I don’t hate the Emirates

Highbury used to be called the Library, so the atmosphere wasn’t remarkably better there

We had the fat black woman who used to scream but that’s about it

Don’t get me wrong I loved Highbury, it was unique with its Art Deco design and claustrophobic pitch

The Emirates is far too corporate to match that character but it’s a modern stadium for modern times

We couldn’t have stayed at Highbury forever, we would not have ever been able to expand it

Marc Overmars
12-03-2018, 08:22 PM
I hate it, well more so the type of fan we’ve attracted since the move. The whole match day experience is just a bit shit really.

But as Letters says a lot of is to do with history and 50 years down the line I’m sure that generation of fans will make it their own. Wenger will still be here, of course.

Cripps
12-03-2018, 09:34 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-vs-watford-arsene-wenger-future-latest-attendance-emirates-a8250801.html

The empty seats seem to have caught a lot of attention from the press. A big deals been made of it and rumours the board are worried... they've finally woken up it seems, they thought they could keep rinsing us but Arsenal fans are voting with their feet.

Middle class skinny latte loving gooners :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
12-03-2018, 10:46 PM

It could be worse.

Ask a West Ham fan.

Xhaka Can’t
12-03-2018, 10:50 PM
I hate it, well more so the type of fan we’ve attracted since the move. The whole match day experience is just a bit shit really.

But as Letters says a lot of is to do with history and 50 years down the line I’m sure that generation of fans will make it their own. Wenger will still be here, of course.

Best part of the experience for me has been before and after games. Meeting friends, some from this site and sometimes getting pissed.

I miss that.

I ran in to a mate on Saturday at my local curry house. Hadn’t seen him in well over a year. We used to go to matches every other week.

Marc Overmars
12-03-2018, 11:12 PM
It could be worse.

Ask a West Ham fan.

Indeed. I’m glad we at least have something we can call our own and not have to rent some 2 bit stadium that isn’t even designed for football.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Indeed. I’m glad we at least have something we can call our own and not have to rent some 2 bit stadium that isn’t even designed for football.

Ideal for West Ham then.

Cripps
13-03-2018, 02:12 PM
�� “Some fans are facing increases of 25, 40 or 50 per cent"

Tottenham Supporters' Trust fear fans have been priced out of watching team at new stadium | ✍ @TomCStandard https://t.co/Qlwo5GPcvt

And they laughed at us :haha: :rose:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Wrong type of fans. We don't want no stinking corned beef sandwich types around here. Prawn mayo all the way.

It's high time these clubs went and fucked themselves tbf. All about the money and most of these teams can't even kick a ball. When vermin appears you need to stamp that shit out fast. Delay for a moment and you have an infestation.

FA should be first to go. Their stewardship of the game over the past few decades has been a scandal.

HCZ
13-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Wrong type of fans. We don't want no stinking corned beef sandwich types around here. Prawn mayo all the way.

It's high time these clubs went and fucked themselves tbf. All about the money and most of these teams can't even kick a ball. When vermin appears you need to stamp that shit out fast. Delay for a moment and you have an infestation.

FA should be first to go. Their stewardship of the game over the past few decades has been a scandal.

So do you want there to be no football authority to administer the game

Or do you just want the current one gone, everyone in it sacked and replaced with something else?

Letters
13-03-2018, 05:12 PM

He'll be saying he doesn't want a government next :rolleyes:

Letters
13-03-2018, 05:12 PM
It could be worse.

Ask a West Ham fan.

Apparently the West Ham fans who invaded the pitch are going to be harshly punished.

The club have agreed to renew their season tickets
:rimshot:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 05:37 PM

Or do you just want the current one gone, everyone in it sacked and replaced with something else?

I'd like anyone over the age of 120 to retire. Which, I suppose, is all of them.

It'd be better if the role was voluntary and honorary. Unpaid. Done on a part time basis for the love of the game. Plenty of people sit on school boards and do a hell of a lot of work for the benefit of the school without having their hands stuck out. And as soon as you remove that incentive then the goal becomes unambiguous. Take money away from there first, and turn it back into what it was supposed to be.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker reveals he never wants to play again as he announces retirement: 'My body is finished... I would rather sit in the stands and then I will feel free'

We get rid of Arteta, Vieira, Henry, and keep THIS guy?

It's a fucking joke, isn't it? He's spent the last 2 seasons sat on his arse anyway, so no change there. Of course that complete tool Wenger made him captain. Fucking joke. It's like it's a deliberate campaign to fuck up this football club.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Nice to know we can count on him if needed then...

Is he our captain? I thought it was Kos.

Goonermerree
13-03-2018, 07:32 PM
We get rid of Arteta, Vieira, Henry, and keep THIS guy?

It's a fucking joke, isn't it? He's spent the last 2 seasons sat on his arse anyway, so no change there. Of course that complete tool Wenger made him captain. Fucking joke. It's like it's a deliberate campaign to fuck up this football club.

How could you be so cruel?! He's made sacrifices and had no childhood. And he's definitely not, not overpaid.:sulk:

GP
13-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Are we hating on Per now.

ffs.

Goonermerree
13-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Are we hating on Per now.

ffs.

No, just his comments.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 08:01 PM

It's one or the other of those gals. Makes no difference which one.

Adams, Keown, Bould... Kos, Merts.

Modern men :haha:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 08:03 PM

Bet the fans wish they could experience something free, instead of being scalped to pay these girly boys.

Mac76
13-03-2018, 11:38 PM
We include 7 cup games in ours

Arsenal :bow:

Quite - something the spuds and yanited loving media always 'forget' to mention...

Letters
14-03-2018, 09:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43374237

Wenger :bow:

Cripps
14-03-2018, 10:32 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger aims to win back the disillusioned in decisive Europa League tie with AC Milan. @JWTelegraph reports - https://t.co/SVYq946kyS

He's gonna win us over guys :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger aims to win back the disillusioned in decisive Europa League tie with AC Milan. @JWTelegraph reports - https://t.co/SVYq946kyS

He's going to erase 12 years of shite with a home win over a shitty Milan who we have a 2 goal lead over?

He's very generous with our goodwill.

Mind you, home tie with a two goal advantage. If he doesn't fuck that up then I suppose it's an improvement.

Cripps
14-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Wenger on the empty seats: "I don’t know the explanations. For 22 years, I've played in front of sold out stadiums & I am grateful. If there are one or two games & the stadium is not completely full, we have to look at ourselves & get the fans behind us again" #Arsenal https://t.co/IhzT618mAv

"I don't know" :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Wenger on the empty seats: "I don’t know the explanations. For 22 years, I've played in front of sold out stadiums & I am grateful. If there are one or two games & the stadium is not completely full, we have to look at ourselves & get the fans behind us again" #Arsenal https://t.co/IhzT618mAv

"I don't know" :lol:

I thought it was because only the real fans turned up and the fake fans fucked off?

Isn't that what he ordered Mkhitaryan to say?

GP
15-03-2018, 09:41 AM
New banner going up tonight

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYUJ864WsAAiD1e.jpg

:bow:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2018, 09:56 AM
Do you think there will be suicide bombers shouting, "Allah Arsene!", if Wenger gets sacked? Because these cultists are just a little bit fucking crazy.

Özim
15-03-2018, 10:08 AM

Makes me laugh, we've employed a guy who has no passion for the game and finds it all a chore, never really wanted him to stay on to be honest, never really rated him as a player.

It's ironic, we get rid of all the players we should keep on after they retire and keep those we shouldn't go near, only at Arsenal!

Özim
15-03-2018, 10:09 AM

The irony is it will probably work on some of the fans, a few wins and just like AW they think everything has changed. :lol:

Özim
15-03-2018, 10:12 AM
He's going to erase 12 years of shite with a home win over a shitty Milan who we have a 2 goal lead over?

He's very generous with our goodwill.

Mind you, home tie with a two goal advantage. If he doesn't fuck that up then I suppose it's an improvement.

It's only 6 years if you count the period where he did so well to keep us competitive with no money, only 4 years if you consider he could have left on a high in 2014 and only a year if you take into account he could have left winning the FA Cup on a high again last season. It's 0 years if you think the sun shines out of Wengers....

Marc Overmars
15-03-2018, 12:08 PM
New banner going up tonight

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYUJ864WsAAiD1e.jpg

:bow:

See, there’s nothing wrong with that.

Just like there wasn’t anything wrong with the thanks for the memories banner. It’s the poisonous fans amongst our fanbase who will declare it as an act of war.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2018, 12:23 PM
See, there’s nothing wrong with that.

Just like there wasn’t anything wrong with the thanks for the memories banner. It’s the poisonous fans amongst our fanbase who will declare it as an act of war.

Do you really think that's just an innocent banner focused on respect and nothing more?

A win over Watford and a pub crawl in Italy and the usual suspects are emerging from their hidey holes.

Every single pro message will be lapped up by the club.

Marc Overmars
15-03-2018, 12:29 PM
I don’t know but there is a case for Wenger being deserving of more respect and less abuse. I’m not bothered either way because I don’t care enough for him anymore to take any of this personally like these banner waving freaks do.

I hope the old cunt fucks off and if people find that disrespectful that’s their call.

Cripps
15-03-2018, 12:56 PM
I hope the old cunt fucks off and if people find that disrespectful that’s their call.

NQ's 6th account :bow:

Cripps
15-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Alexis Sanchez: "Arsène Wenger was very kind to me. He wouldn't let me leave, he told me, 'I want you to sign here because you're the best player in the team’." [@matias_grez via CHV] #afc https://t.co/Xp6LWo0goJ

"We won't sell to a rival again" :lol:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Alexis may well have been the best player in the team, but Wenger is the worst manager in the league, so that story had an inevitable ending.

Özim
15-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Can't respect the guy, especially because of all the stuff he's said and done and the way he's blamed the fans and always had excuses for his failures, he's not a legend to me, his Arsenal career is mediocre given what he's achieved IMO, yes he won a few things early on but that was a long long time ago now.

As for the loyalty, let's be honest here, he never left because he was earning top money, could do whatever he liked and had no pressure on him to deliver success, easy job, earning mega bucks and no repercussions for failure. Anywhere else he would have been out on his ear after a season or two.

Letters
15-03-2018, 03:43 PM

Özim
15-03-2018, 04:22 PM
:pal:

Özim
15-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Makes me laugh when some fans say he deserves respect, firstly who cares, I'm pretty sure he doesnt. Moreover when has he ever shown any respect for the fans, if anything he's done the opposite, blaming them for his and the teams failure.

He's made a ton of money in a job he's been given free reign, he's been pally pally with the people upstairs and has feathered his own nest, he's done nothing for the fans, look at the club today, a lot of it is his doing, to most fans it's a barely recognisable from the grest club it was before he arrived, he helped turn it into a money making machine whose only goal is to make rich people richer by ripping off the fans.

So yeah, good luck with the respect thing, that boat sailed many a moon ago.

I don't really care either way as long as he leaves the club and never comes back.

Letters
16-03-2018, 10:01 AM
:console:

Cripps
17-03-2018, 10:17 AM
John cross is getting absolutely pelted on Twitter:haha:

https://twitter.com/kickarseHD/status/974671530121678848?s=19

Goonermerree
17-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Most Arsenal fans know Welbz dived and didn't like it.

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2018, 11:31 AM
I liked Welbz's dive as much as I like John Cross.

Mac76
17-03-2018, 11:32 AM
John cross is getting absolutely pelted on Twitter:haha:

https://twitter.com/kickarseHD/status/974671530121678848?s=19

:popcorn::lol:

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2018, 11:41 AM
It's an old cliche, and Welbeck's antics were sickening and he's a complete fuckwit for doing it, but I can't recall him diving for us before. For Utd, sure, that's a major part of their game so it would have been a contractual obligation. But for us, I don't think he's made a habit of it. He falls down a lot, but not for pens. But it's no surprise to see a major inquest from all sides. They still talk about the Pires incident which, btw, would be a pen all day long in the current game. Moving your foot in to get the contact is "Winning" the pen for your team. Ask Shearer. He condones it every time, unless it's an Arsenal player doing it.

Goonermerree
17-03-2018, 12:10 PM
We don't play again until the 1st of April. Lots of international friendlies though.

Cripps
17-03-2018, 01:16 PM
It's an old cliche, and Welbeck's antics were sickening and he's a complete fuckwit for doing it, but I can't recall him diving for us before. For Utd, sure, that's a major part of their game so it would have been a contractual obligation. But for us, I don't think he's made a habit of it. He falls down a lot, but not for pens. But it's no surprise to see a major inquest from all sides. They still talk about the Pires incident which, btw, would be a pen all day long in the current game. Moving your foot in to get the contact is "Winning" the pen for your team. Ask Shearer. He condones it every time, unless it's an Arsenal player doing it.

The media do seem to treat our divers like murderers. Remember Pires, Eduardo and now Welbeck. There's racist undertones there, we were the dirty foreigners back in the day and the media have always hated us.

Mac76
17-03-2018, 02:34 PM
i've watched a couple of moan utd games right through lately and Ashley Young is a 100% cheat - always grabbing hold of strikers when defending, plus going down too easily, looking for a cheap foul...

he should get booked in every game - i think refs are just saying 'oh that's just Ashley Young' and letting him off way too lightly

the fourth official should note it all down and the next ref to do one of their games should be told to keep a special eye on him

Cripps
17-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Yaya Sanogo scores twice for Toulouse

Wenger :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Ramsey got called out as overrated by a little girl, on Hollyoaks. :haha:

Cripps
18-03-2018, 09:28 PM
NUMBERS GAME: Alexis is scoring half as much as he was with Arsenal and has lost possession 247 times for United - what has happened? https://t.co/vDQ6JpB81x https://t.co/F5GMc5TXnn

AFC Leveller
19-03-2018, 08:44 AM
i've watched a couple of moan utd games right through lately and Ashley Young is a 100% cheat - always grabbing hold of strikers when defending, plus going down too easily, looking for a cheap foul...

he should get booked in every game - i think refs are just saying 'oh that's just Ashley Young' and letting him off way too lightly

the fourth official should note it all down and the next ref to do one of their games should be told to keep a special eye on him

A proper cunt, cant stand him.

Cripps
19-03-2018, 11:41 AM
BREAKING: @Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck will not face any retrospective action from UEFA over his alleged dive against AC Milan.

IBK
19-03-2018, 11:43 AM
BREAKING: @Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck will not face any retrospective action from UEFA over his alleged dive against AC Milan.

Was there seriously a prospect of UEFA action? :yikes:

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2018, 11:56 AM

They'd have to ban Ronaldo for life and that would ruin their planned Spanish final.

Letters
19-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Players SHOULD face retrospective action for things like this. Then maybe they'd stop doing it all the time.
But they don't, so singling out Welbeck would have been odd.

GP
19-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Was there seriously a prospect of UEFA action? :yikes:

No

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-03-2018, 01:15 PM
They'd have to ban Ronaldo for life and that would ruin their planned Spanish final.

Don't be daft.....They'd have found a way around it.

Cripps
19-03-2018, 01:40 PM
What's the point of retrospective reviews if nothing gets done about diving? :lol:

Letters
19-03-2018, 02:01 PM
What's the point in those officials behind the goal if they're going to get stuff like this wrong. It was right under his nose.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2018, 08:20 PM
What's the point in those officials behind the goal if they're going to get stuff like this wrong. It was right under his nose.

Tbf to the guy behind the goal, he's utterly incompetent. So we can't really be expecting him to get this right.

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2018, 09:07 PM
For some strange reason, we are struggling to sell tickets to the Stoke game.

Members can buy an additional four tickets for people they fucking hate.

Letters
19-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Tbf to the guy behind the goal, he's utterly incompetent. So we can't really be expecting him to get this right.

Fair enough. Why would a professional whose only job is to be able to spot whether a player dived from 5 yards away actually be able to do that.
I feel silly for questioning him now.

Me :pal:

Letters
19-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Do you want to meet up to give me mine or shall I PM you my address so you can send it?

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Do you want to meet up to give me mine or shall I PM you my address so you can send it?

Just one?

Why not bring Mrs Letters?

Letters
19-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Just one?

Why not bring Mrs Letters?
Wow

You DO hate me! :(

Cripps
19-03-2018, 09:34 PM
HCZ :rose:

Vieira sees another foe off :rose:

Power n Glory
19-03-2018, 09:37 PM
HCZ :rose:

Vieira sees another foe off :rose:

What happened?

Cripps
19-03-2018, 09:40 PM
What happened?

I finished him once and for all :shrug:

Tbh not sure.

The Emirates Gallactico
19-03-2018, 09:43 PM
I finished him once and for all :shrug:

Tbh not sure.

He's told me he's going to be away for a couple of months whilst he goes deep undercover on a case. Apparently he's investigating the shady world of Eastern European people smugglers.

Cripps
19-03-2018, 09:45 PM
He's told me he's going to be away for a couple of months whilst he goes deep undercover on a case. Apparently he's investigating the shady world of Eastern European people smugglers.

NQ's going down :bow:

Letters
19-03-2018, 09:46 PM
NQ's going down :bow:

More than your mum does.

:cool:

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2018, 09:50 PM
7/10

‘Not as much as your Mum’ would have worked better.

Cripps
19-03-2018, 10:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYpzmw5WkAEPrZH.jpg

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2018, 11:01 PM
7/10

‘Not as much as your Mum’ would have worked better.

NQ's going down - on your mum, would have worked best. And it has the added bonus of being true.

Mac76
20-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Players SHOULD face retrospective action for things like this. Then maybe they'd stop doing it all the time.

If they did Ashley Young would be banned until 2045

Letters
20-03-2018, 02:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43472827

Welbeck taught him everything he knows...

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Welbeck's cousin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKnJTReiDQ

Cripps
21-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Alexis Sanchez breaks silence on his early Man United struggles: "I expected something better"
https://t.co/d6RYM0BeFw https://t.co/HnHLkhA9k9

Cripps
21-03-2018, 09:46 PM
FA referee chief opens door for sin-bins to be introduced to professional game: 'I think it is almost certainly something that could work' https://t.co/rLPoAMJySv https://t.co/fjSQ4Viy6m

:doh:

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2018, 09:51 PM
FA referee chief opens door for sin-bins to be introduced to professional game: 'I think it is almost certainly something that could work' https://t.co/rLPoAMJySv https://t.co/fjSQ4Viy6m

I hope they have one for the ref.

Globalgunner
22-03-2018, 07:28 AM
I hope they have one for the ref.

and another for managers. Special seat reserved for Jose.

Marc Overmars
23-03-2018, 04:47 PM
For some strange reason, we are struggling to sell tickets to the Stoke game.

Just received an email saying the following game (Southampton) is also on friends and family sale. :lol:

I guess the only good thing to come from this exodus is that those who do still wish to attend games can easily get themselves a ticket when they previously wouldn’t have had the opportunity to.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Thank fuck most of the fans have finally decided to stand up for the club. And standing up right now means giving nothing at all back. Which, by no coincidence, precisely equates to what the club has given the fans over the last decade and a bit. Bloody good job.

Just the pathetic cultists and the tourists to go. When the level of support equates a weekend visit to the Natural History Museum, mostly silence and camera flash, then they might pay attention.

Power n Glory
25-03-2018, 08:41 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/24/olivier-giroud-aims-sly-dig-arsenal-talking-chelseas-success-7412810/

‘I have come to the English club which has won most title over the last 10 years – that says everything,’ said Giroud. ‘With Chelsea, I think I have surprised people.’

Arsenal Man, eh? ;)

Marc Overmars
25-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Giroud. :lol:

Imagine letting your wife call the shots. What kind of man is he?

Power n Glory
25-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Giroud. :lol:

Imagine letting your wife call the shots. What kind of man is he?

An Arsenal man!

Özim
25-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Giroud is hopeless, glad we got rid, wish we'd never signed him in the 1st place to be honest, having to watching him and his abject performances for years was difficult.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-03-2018, 09:32 AM
I liked him here for the most part, but I don't see him as an Arsenal man.....and like plenty before him, he will say whatever nonsense ingratiates him to his current fans.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-03-2018, 09:35 AM
He can't count either.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2018, 10:25 AM
And he's fat.

Marc Overmars
26-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Elneny has signed a new long term deal.

Weren’t we prepared to flog him last summer? :lol:

Weird.

Cripps
26-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Arsene Wenger reveals plan to play Mohamed Elneny in central defence after awarding him a new contract #AFC #Arsenal
https://t.co/aPMlPHpCnr

There's Mertesacker's replacement then:lol:

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2018, 02:13 AM
Arsene Wenger reveals plan to play Mohamed Elneny in central defence after awarding him a new contract #AFC #Arsenal

It's probably because Wenger is a fucking moron.

Or maybe it's because he's a fucking moron.

One or the other.

Özim
27-03-2018, 08:58 AM

Don't get this, he clearly just hasn't been very good for us and yet we sign him up again, despite wanting him out not long ago, its not like he's been good this season either, odd decision.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Don't get this, he clearly just hasn't been very good for us and yet we sign him up again, despite wanting him out not long ago, its not like he's been good this season either, odd decision.

I think you're supposed to marvel at Wenger's genius. Mere mortal managers would buy a defender to play in a defensive role. But Wenger sees things other people don't see.

Mac76
27-03-2018, 04:05 PM
i've seen El Neny in central defence and while i would't like to see him playing there all the time I thought he was solid and a useful backup option for that position if we need it

as others have said here, he's a workmanlike unshowy player but doesn't make too many mistakes and we need people like that IMO

Cripps
28-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Arsene Wenger reveals the two reasons why he always substitutes Arsenal's £52m striker Alexandre Lacazette
https://t.co/I6hKwxPbFL https://t.co/QTrxs0buhe

What an absolute load of nonsense:lol:

Marc Overmars
28-03-2018, 08:04 AM
His confidence was in the gutter before his injury, god knows what it will be like now with Aubameyang to contend with.

52m. :lol:

Money well spent.

GP
28-03-2018, 08:26 AM
We should play two up top.

Aubameyang and Welbeck.

Özim
28-03-2018, 10:31 AM
First the waiting period, now the adaptation period.

Probably lacked a little bit of sharpness too, reckon he's 2% away from adaptation now.

Globalgunner
28-03-2018, 12:38 PM
i've seen El Neny in central defence and while i would't like to see him playing there all the time I thought he was solid and a useful backup option for that position if we need it

as others have said here, he's a workmanlike unshowy player but doesn't make too many mistakes and we need people like that IMO

Sorry, central defence and GK are two positions that require physical attributes. No way a 5 10" El Neny makes a decent CB. We should stop buying into Wengers BS. This is the cheapskate talk of a manager who just wants to get by instead of excel. When last did we see a top class short CB. off the top of my head, Puyol and Cannavaro. El Neny is neither of those.

GP
29-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Bellerin is a vegan :lol:

Soy Boys :doh:

Cripps
29-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Bould on Wenger: "I admire him immensely. He takes unbelievable stick off an awful lot of people. He is one of the great managers. Its a pleasure to sit next to him" #Arsenal https://t.co/ii0DOZXGDe

Oh jog on Bould :lol:

Used to have so much respect for you until you cashed out under this dinosaur.

Niall_Quinn
29-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Bellerin is a vegan :lol:

Soy Boys :doh:

Nah - he definitely prefers meat.

Mac76
30-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Sorry, central defence and GK are two positions that require physical attributes. No way a 5 10" El Neny makes a decent CB. We should stop buying into Wengers BS. This is the cheapskate talk of a manager who just wants to get by instead of excel. When last did we see a top class short CB. off the top of my head, Puyol and Cannavaro. El Neny is neither of those.

not arguing with you, we need more specialist ability in that position for sure, i'm really just saying let's not slag off El Neny too much in the process

Mac76
30-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Wenger's lost his voice - oh no, how is he going to communicate all those carefully-worked-out tactics to the team?!?! :-0

McNamara That Ghost...
30-03-2018, 10:33 AM
It's his age setting in.

Thierrymon
31-03-2018, 01:59 AM
Wenger's lost his voice - oh no, how is he going to communicate all those carefully-worked-out tactics to the team?!?! :-0

A soundboard could do the job.

Letters
31-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Rocky :rose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo4z8e940GE

Remember when football players were heroes, not just overpaid mercenaries? :(

Mac76
31-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Burnley just two points behind us...

Munchies
01-04-2018, 07:57 AM
Bought the third arsenal shrit after I saw it on the JD Sports site last night

First shirt I've bought in years

I always wanted it but saw it sold out everywhere, but at the same time I no longer support the team as I once did so I kinda am like why did I buy it at the same time now :lol:

Letters
01-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Burnley just two points behind us...

5 now. And we still have them at home for the all important 6th place 6 pointer :cool:

Cripps
01-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Bought the third arsenal shrit after I saw it on the JD Sports site last night

First shirt I've bought in years

I always wanted it but saw it sold out everywhere, but at the same time I no longer support the team as I once did so I kinda am like why did I buy it at the same time now :lol:

Cripps
01-04-2018, 04:55 PM
'He's an idiot and I would never have respect for him'

Emmanuel Frimpong takes aim at former Arsenal team-mate Samir Nasri

https://t.co/zSooXa0sz1 https://t.co/kuY5ZuagyO

Cripps
01-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Wenger on the empty seats: "They (fans) will be back on Thursday, don’t worry. Its explainable by the fact that its Easter. Its a family happening where people go away & its a fact that we don’t think about a lot in the Premier League" #Arsenal

:haha: :haha: :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-04-2018, 09:34 AM
I honestly thought that was a made up quote until I saw the video of it on Sky Sports. :doh:

He might be right, it could be filled up on Thursday but they'll be staying away again on Sunday.

Niall_Quinn
02-04-2018, 10:17 AM
How much longer does Wenger have to go until he breaks Mugabe's record for outstaying his welcome?

Cripps
05-04-2018, 10:03 AM
Arsenal are on the verge of signing a sleeve sponsorship deal worth £10m-a-year with an unnamed Subscription Video on Demand service. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc https://t.co/mSuqxv2d0X

Pornhub:bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
05-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Arsenal are on the verge of signing a sleeve sponsorship deal worth £10m-a-year with an unnamed Subscription Video on Demand service. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc https://t.co/mSuqxv2d0X

Pornhub:bow:

Pornhub's free. That's kind of the point. :whistle:

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu or some Chinese one?

10 million a year would be ridiculously good though. I think Liverpool only get 3 million a year for their one with Western Union.

Have to admit the recent backroom deals & decisions from Ivan (e.g. getting in Sven, Raul, Huss & renegotiating Emirates deal) and co have been promising. If only we could follow that up with some competent decision making regarding dealing with the manager situation.

Cripps
05-04-2018, 10:54 AM

Not the premium section:ninja:

The Emirates Gallactico
05-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Not the premium section:ninja:

>Paying for porn

Sounds like something Letters would do. :haha::haha:

Niall_Quinn
05-04-2018, 12:20 PM
You're all paying for porn. With your souls.

You're bound for hell and you'll go blind long before you get there.

Disgusting.

Disgraceful.

Power n Glory
05-04-2018, 12:57 PM

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu or some Chinese one?

10 million a year would be ridiculously good though. I think Liverpool only get 3 million a year for their one with Western Union.

Have to admit the recent backroom deals & decisions from Ivan (e.g. getting in Sven, Raul, Huss & renegotiating Emirates deal) and co have been promising. If only we could follow that up with some competent decision making regarding dealing with the manager situation.

I said to watch what happens this season. PnG :bow:

Ivan's been working behind the scenes for a while now. He's thrown out enough hints over the years to pinpoint Wenger as the problem.

Penguin
05-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Wenger on the empty seats: "They (fans) will be back on Thursday, don’t worry. Its explainable by the fact that its Easter. Its a family happening where people go away & its a fact that we don’t think about a lot in the Premier League" #Arsenal

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Wow... :lol:

AFC Leveller
05-04-2018, 01:32 PM
If Cech, Mertesacker and Mustafi had a baby.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29694867_2095553920681936_189273824313089860_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&oh=90c670488d480bdb010131a41eb6c753&oe=5B6EE1DB

Marc Overmars
05-04-2018, 01:39 PM
I said to watch what happens this season. PnG :bow:

Ivan's been working behind the scenes for a while now. He's thrown out enough hints over the years to pinpoint Wenger as the problem.

For years it was thought Wenger had been thrown under a bus but it was actually Gazidis.

Power n Glory
05-04-2018, 06:20 PM
For years it was thought Wenger had been thrown under a bus but it was actually Gazidis.

Definitely. Wenger played off the uncertainty when Dein had left and fans were unsure of how much of a drain the stadium was on our resources.

I've always paid attention what Gazidis has had to say and it's quite telling that he's hardly said a word recently.

Cripps
06-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Wenger fears Mkhitaryan may have damaged his medial knee ligament, with the midfielder set to undergo a scan. "We’ll know more about that soon. For how long he will be out, I don’t know," Wenger says.

Özim
06-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Looks like we may have another crock on our hands, not overly convinced by him since he arrived tbh, Aubameyang has been good but this guy not too sure about.

Cripps
24-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Our u18 lost 9-0 to spurs :haha:

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Looks like we may have another crock on our hands, not overly convinced by him since he arrived tbh, Aubameyang has been good but this guy not too sure about.

Are you joking?!?

Mhiki is one of our better midfielders and we've struggled whenever he hasn't played :shrug:

Mac76
26-04-2018, 11:53 AM
it looks as though Elneny is out for the season but the club say he hopefully will be able to play in the World Cup - glad about the latter, he deserves to play in a World Cup and missing it through injury must be one of the most gutting things to happen to a player

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2018, 12:02 PM
it looks as though Elneny is out for the season but the club say he hopefully will be able to play in the World Cup - glad about the latter, he deserves to play in a World Cup and missing it through injury must be one of the most gutting things to happen to a player

Elneny is shite. He runs around a lot but he's about as authoritative in the middle as a submissive fag. Always behind the play. 90% sideways, backwards. 1 in 100 of his rare forward passes finds a teammate. He's a trier, I'll give him that. But he's mediocre, a classic Wenger Emirate era player. AMN will be twice the player once Wenger has gone. Although, in fairness, maybe Elneny will be twice the player too once that happens.

Goonermerree
26-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Our u18 lost 9-0 to spurs :haha:

The future is looking very bright then.:blink:

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Elneny is shite. He runs around a lot but he's about as authoritative in the middle as a submissive fag. Always behind the play. 90% sideways, backwards. 1 in 100 of his rare forward passes finds a teammate. He's a trier, I'll give him that. But he's mediocre, a classic Wenger Emirate era player. AMN will be twice the player once Wenger has gone. Although, in fairness, maybe Elneny will be twice the player too once that happens.

We may also get to see more of Nketiah as well

Mac76
26-04-2018, 12:46 PM

i do think that's harsh :) and think he will be better under another manager

GP
26-04-2018, 01:19 PM
The future is looking very bright then.:blink:

We just won the youth league, so it actually is.

Cripps
26-04-2018, 01:56 PM
And Wengers leaving :patrice:

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2018, 02:08 PM
And Wengers leaving :patrice:

Sorry....what!?!

He’s leaving you say?

Power n Glory
26-04-2018, 02:16 PM

Elneny is decent. He's not shite and does more than just run about and what you've described.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Elneny is decent. He's not shite and does more than just run about and what you've described.

No top club would have him within a mile of the first team, and that's the new standard we need to meet now. No more Wenger stop gaps and cheap fillers, or expensive flops for that matter. If this club is pushing on we need to do a hell of a lot better than Elneny.

Cripps
26-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Ramsey on Arteta rumours: "He's been under Guardiola there, he was always interested even when he was playing going into a coaching role one day. I'm sure one day when the time is right, he'll be a fantastic manager. It's still early days in his career at the moment" #Arsenal https://t.co/VQAm0eEg3k

Ramsey fast turning into my favourite player :bow:

First he was Wenger out now telling it as it is :bow:

Cripps
30-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Our new kit:

https://twitter.com/ArsenalUrban/status/990879456590999554?s=19

Don't like the sleeves:unsure:

Marc Overmars
30-04-2018, 10:55 AM
That looks pretty shite.

The Emirates Gallactico
30-04-2018, 10:59 AM
tbf to Puma there's only so many iterations/variations/minor changes of essentially the same red & white shirt as you can do.

Letters
30-04-2018, 11:31 AM
tbf to Puma there's only so many iterations/variations/minor changes of essentially the same red & white shirt as you can do.

I literally can't believe that football clubs have got away with making small changes to a red shirt every year or two and thousands and thousands of people are like
"ZOMG!!! It's the New Shirt! I must have the latest one!!1"

People :pal:

KSE Comedy Club
30-04-2018, 11:40 AM
I thought we were getting a new kit sponsor for next season?

Mac76
30-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Our new kit:

me neither - that's pretty horrible all round

Xhaka Can’t
30-04-2018, 11:59 AM
I thought we were getting a new kit sponsor for next season?

I hope not. Nothing makes me prouder than when I walk around looking like an advertising hoarding for a Middle Eastern airline I’ve never flown.

KSE Comedy Club
30-04-2018, 12:03 PM
I meant supplier, Adidas was the rumour?

KSE Comedy Club
30-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Our new kit:

Looks like a cheap T-shirt supplied by knock-off Nigel :sick:

GP
30-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Looks nice.

Letters
30-04-2018, 12:26 PM
I hope not. Nothing makes me prouder than when I walk around looking like an advertising hoarding for a Middle Eastern airline I’ve never flown.

Really? You're missing out.
Emirates is the nuts when it comes to flying.
Them :bow:

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Our new kit:

Horrendous.

Xhaka Can’t
30-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Really? You're missing out.
Emirates is the nuts when it comes to flying.
Them :bow:

They may be a bit shit when I have to hijack them to where I actually want to fly.

Letters
30-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Rudd in!

http://newsthump.com/2018/04/30/amber-rudd-named-as-new-arsenal-manager/

Cripps
01-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Arsenal make improved contract offer to Jack Wilshere worth over £100,000 a week https://t.co/IJ9Igu7vdW

Cripps
01-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Holding signs extension.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-05-2018, 05:55 PM
How large were the signs to begin with?

Me. :bow:

Mac76
01-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Arsenal make improved contract offer to Jack Wilshere worth over £100,000 a week https://t.co/IJ9Igu7vdW

jesus - what will they pay me to run around like a headless chicken?

Mac76
01-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Looks nice.

Goonermerree
01-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Holding signs extension.

You are kidding me!

GP
01-05-2018, 06:30 PM
You are kidding me!

Why? What's wrong with that?

Cripps
01-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Vic Akers leaving.

Good. More of the backroom dinosaurs next please.

Goonermerree
01-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Why? What's wrong with that?

I don't rate him.

Niall_Quinn
01-05-2018, 09:10 PM
I don't rate him.

Beggars can't be choosers with our defence. Holding's one of the better ones so far. Let's hope we don't hear any genuinely worrying news like Mustafi signing an extension.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-05-2018, 09:11 PM
I like Holding so good news to me. Plenty of time to learn and progress too.

GP
01-05-2018, 09:20 PM
I don't rate him.

Oh right. Weird.

You should try watching him play.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-05-2018, 09:24 PM
Vic Akers leaving.

Good. More of the backroom dinosaurs next please.

Harsh. He doesn't do anything other than get the kits ready for the game.

It's the likes of Primoric, Banfield & Peyton that need to be kicked out.

Cripps
01-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Need as many of the Wenger regime to go. A complete makeover.

Marc Overmars
01-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Harsh. He doesn't do anything other than get the kits ready for the game.

It's the likes of Primoric, Banfield & Peyton that need to be kicked out.

Probably harsh but they're all ancient.

The club needs a makeover.

Cripps
01-05-2018, 10:09 PM
:gp: