PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

dazthegooner
10-05-2019, 10:33 PM
Well feel a bit younger now :)

Mac76
13-05-2019, 01:32 AM
Auba shares golden boot :bow:

Flopp :bow:

K**t :haha:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48243725

Özim
13-05-2019, 08:13 AM
We won yesterday, in the end it didn't mean a lot, but it shows that when the pressure was off as it was yesterday s 4th place was out of reach we performed better.

Seems like a mentality issue once again, only way to fix that is to change the players.

Globalgunner
13-05-2019, 08:42 AM
We won yesterday, in the end it didn't mean a lot, but it shows that when the pressure was off as it was yesterday s 4th place was out of reach we performed better.

Seems like a mentality issue once again, only way to fix that is to change the players.

Absolutely...Mustafi again showing his worth as a liability

SMatthews
13-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Auba shares golden boot :bow:

Flopp :bow:

K**t :haha:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48243725

Top goal scorer in all competitions in the PL. Brilliant striker.

fakeyank
13-05-2019, 05:00 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/patrice-evra-trolls-arsenal-fans-robin-van-persie-retires-football-9506195/

How this fucker was never two foot tackled by an Arsenal player is beyond me.

SMatthews
13-05-2019, 06:44 PM
The bs that masquerades as ‘content’ nowadays is unbelievable.

dazthegooner
14-05-2019, 08:22 PM
The ultimate league for the past 50 years https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11713743/the-top-clubs-in-england-over-50-years

Letters
14-05-2019, 09:55 PM
The ultimate league for the past 50 years https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11713743/the-top-clubs-in-england-over-50-years

Spurs in 4th?! :blink:

Mac76
17-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Santi picked for spain :bow:

Arsenal medical staff :pal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48306449

Mac76
17-05-2019, 08:31 PM

This is the best final table ever IMO - take a look at first and last :haha:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1934%E2%80%9335_in_English_football

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
17-05-2019, 10:21 PM
58 Points from 42 games. To win the league!!

I know that wasn't the point....

GP
18-05-2019, 07:07 AM
58 Points from 42 games. To win the league!!

I know that wasn't the point....

2 points for a win though

SMatthews
18-05-2019, 09:51 AM
https://youtu.be/O3WVpZlEhgs

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
18-05-2019, 10:07 AM
2 points for a win though

Ahhh of course!

Marc Overmars
18-05-2019, 10:32 AM
https://youtu.be/O3WVpZlEhgs

Robbed of a career. Such a shame because at times he looked like he could have been a worldie.

Imagine if Diaby, Rosicky and Cazorla had the bodies to play 50 games a season. Makes you wonder if our recent history could have been different.

SMatthews
18-05-2019, 11:00 AM
Robbed of a career. Such a shame because at times he looked like he could have been a worldie.

Imagine if Diaby, Rosicky and Cazorla had the bodies to play 50 games a season. Makes you wonder if our recent history could have been different.

He really was. Comes across as a nice enough guy in that video too.

Think he was in the team alongside Rosicky that year we blew it at Birmingham. While we all bemoan the lack of physicality that meant we were rolled over (and still are to this day) too many times away from home, the Dan Smith tackle that fucked his ankle was part of the media narrative of ‘Arsenal don’t like it up ‘em’ that also led to Rambo’s broken leg.

Wenger sadly forgot the fundamentals of British football and got caught up in the romance of creating an all-conquering, team of midgets who could out-football anyone, and it gave the media and the shitkickers all the encouragement they needed to ‘put him back in his place’.

SMatthews
20-05-2019, 08:27 PM
https://youtu.be/3EZIx_LaWho

Marketing piece by the club ahead of the summer transfer period.

- Happy with Emery
- Efficiency seems to be the buzzword
- Stress large wage bill
- Dealing with players with two years left on contract

It would’ve be passable had they not then kept reiterating that the Kroenke’s are passionate about and live for sport :lol:

Marc Overmars
20-05-2019, 10:29 PM
They sound like a pair of cartoon characters. :lol:

Nice to hear from them at least but of course actions will speak louder than any words.

Özim
21-05-2019, 09:50 AM
They're delighted with Emery.....hmmmm, maybe they should have not said that, he's done OK but he's hardly been amazing, he probably gets 6 out of 10 for the season.

Mac76
21-05-2019, 02:55 PM
They're delighted with Emery.....hmmmm, maybe they should have not said that, he's done OK but he's hardly been amazing, he probably gets 6 out of 10 for the season.

i never understand why people box themselves in with statements like that, and certainly until before it's the right time - it's like Moan U jumping the gun on Ole and now no doubt heavily regretting not waiting to get Poncetino

they could at least have waited until after the EL final before issuing this

KSE Comedy Club
21-05-2019, 05:15 PM
Sanlehi sounds like he's being dubbed into English by a shit voice actor! :haha:

Letters
21-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Who’s the interviewer? ##

SMatthews
21-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Laura Woods - works for Sky.

A Gooner too I believe.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-05-2019, 10:37 PM
She is an open gooner yes. She's also on talksport, not to ruin the fantasy lads....

Marc Overmars
22-05-2019, 04:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7L08szWkAECrBN.jpg:large

Holy shit, take my money now! Those kits are beautiful.

Puma. :wave:

SMatthews
22-05-2019, 05:02 PM
https://youtu.be/bs5KfWVp4kU

Apparently we have a very good plan.

Two very good speakers but we had that with Gazidis too.

That new red kit is fucking great btw.

Özim
22-05-2019, 05:10 PM
So Sarri's job is on the line if he doesn't win the EL despite getting 4th place and yet our lot are delighted with Emery despite coming 5th regardless of the outcome.

Kinda shows a bit about the ambition of each club IMO, one wants to challenge, the other is happy to settle for a battle for 4th, the attitude at Arsenal needs to change if we're ever going to get back up there.

Not saying Emery should lose his job but he shouldn't be praised for the job he's done either, I personally think that he's displayed some limitations this season, I hope he turns it around next season but he certainly needs a good summer, next season is make or break for him, if he doesn't find some decent players in the summer, stop playing duds like Xhaka etc he'll have nowhere to hide.

Some have said he's a EL manager, right now it's hard to disagree, if he can't up his level then he should move on, truth be told if we wanted to move on after Wenger we needed to realistically bring in a top class manager in the mould of someone like Simeone, Zidane or Allegri.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48366517

LDG
22-05-2019, 05:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7L08szWkAECrBN.jpg:large

Holy shit, take my money now! Those kits are beautiful.

Puma. :wave:

Love love love.

Might be the first time in years I buy one

Gooner23
22-05-2019, 08:26 PM
Love love love.

Might be the first time in years I buy one

:yikes:

They are both class. Good riddance Puma.

Marc Overmars
22-05-2019, 09:52 PM
https://youtu.be/bs5KfWVp4kU

Apparently we have a very good plan.

Two very good speakers but we had that with Gazidis too.

That new red kit is fucking great btw.

They seem a bit more relatable than Gazidis I think, who always came across pretty cold.

Jury is very much out on these guys but let’s see what they can deliver this summer. Interesting to hear the Ramsey situation spoken about candidly. He’d still be Arsenal player if it weren’t for the previous regime and their screw ups.

Mac76
22-05-2019, 11:33 PM
Can't say i'm that bothered by the new kit... saying it's better than the last one isn't much of a recommendation either

sorry... :getcoat:

KSE Comedy Club
23-05-2019, 07:07 AM
Can't say i'm that bothered by the new kit... saying it's better than the last one isn't much of a recommendation either

sorry... :getcoat:

WUT????

Are you mad bruv?!?

Mac76
24-05-2019, 02:04 AM
WUT????

Are you mad bruv?!?

Tbf i'd only seen the 'artist impression' images, now i've seen the auba and laca photo i admit they are pretty cool

Chippy
24-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Tbf i'd only seen the 'artist impression' images, now i've seen the auba and laca photo i admit they are pretty cool

Mac76,
Glad to see that you have removed your “sign off” with reference to the Scum being s*** since 61 

Off topic I know…….

I was watching Arsenal TV recently and DT has said that he would give up the Europa League victory if it meant that scum lose their Final.

I have to say, I am with him. I cannot stand the thought of them winning something we are very unlikely to win anytime soon, if at all.

Can you just imagine the level of noise from our neighbors if they did it………

SMatthews
24-05-2019, 11:11 AM
I’m not that obsessed with the Spuds that I’d sacrifice a trophy if it also meant they lost too - especially given how important it is to us going forward.

Marc Overmars
24-05-2019, 12:18 PM
If it was an FA Cup or League Cup then yeah I'd happily sack those off in exchange for Spurs not winning anything.

I'd never turn down an European honour but I can't hide my feelings about the CL. I'd be really, really gutted if Spurs won that before us. So much so that any joy derived from winning the EL would be forgotten about in a heartbeat.

Spurs have always been and always will be THE rivals for me.

Globalgunner
24-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Some interesting changes coming next season
https://www.90min.com/posts/6371766-premier-league-six-confirmed-rule-changes-to-come-into-effect-in-2019-20

I like all of them except the penalty one. The keepers will find it hard to stay in one place while the striker steps up to take the pen

Chippy
24-05-2019, 02:09 PM
If it was an FA Cup or League Cup then yeah I'd happily sack those off in exchange for Spurs not winning anything.

I'd never turn down an European honour but I can't hide my feelings about the CL. I'd be really, really gutted if Spurs won that before us. So much so that any joy derived from winning the EL would be forgotten about in a heartbeat.

Spurs have always been and always will be THE rivals for me.

Totally agree. It would be too much to handle :arry:

Letters
24-05-2019, 02:35 PM
I think if Spurs win it I’ll just pretend it didn’t happen.

GP
24-05-2019, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. There is no Champions League this year.

LDG
24-05-2019, 07:41 PM
League of what the fuck now?

GP
24-05-2019, 07:42 PM
League of Legends. It's a bad video game played by Korean children.

Chippy
24-05-2019, 10:42 PM
I think if Spurs win it I’ll just pretend it didn’t happen.

its weird, I have been avoiding sky sports and Talk Shite with Alan Brazil because I cannot bare those wankers being mentioned in the same breath as the Champions League final. I am like obsessed by the annoyance of it all! :arry:

SMatthews
25-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Calum Chambers, Fulham’s player of the year :lol:

Letters
26-05-2019, 06:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZK5PpOZOQ

It’s up for grabs now!

LDG
26-05-2019, 06:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZK5PpOZOQ

It’s up for grabs now!

:scarf:

Still the greatest

Letters
26-05-2019, 07:05 AM
30 years, though?
Shit I’m old!

dazthegooner
26-05-2019, 08:09 AM
30 years, though?
Shit I’m old!

Saying nothing :(

I am invisible
26-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Calum Chambers, Fulham’s player of the year :lol:
Wasn’t even close, apparently - got nearly half the vote on his own! Your squad really needs to take a long, hard look when a loanee sweeps your end of year awards...

I am invisible
26-05-2019, 09:02 AM
30 years, though?
Shit I’m old!
Won’t be long before we’re watching players who weren’t even alive when the invincibles won the league!

Özim
26-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Wasn’t even close, apparently - got nearly half the vote on his own! Your squad really needs to take a long, hard look when a loanee sweeps your end of year awards...

Played in midfield though, as a defender he's isn't much kop, hopefully we can sell him and raise some money.

I am invisible
26-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Played in midfield though, as a defender he's isn't much kop, hopefully we can sell him and raise some money.
Yeah, that’s what’s making me think he might be worth another look? I’m not interested in him as a CB (or, God forbid, a fullback!), but I would be reluctant to give up a second, genuinely-decent defensive midfielder, if we’ve somehow managed to end up with one without even trying (especially after it took us about a decade to find Torreira).

Don’t get me wrong, he is on my list of players that I’d happily listen to offers for, if someone came in with good money. But if we manage to raise funds through other departures first then I’d also be ok with giving him a go as competition / cover for Torrrira.

I am invisible
26-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Having said all that, I’d also like to have a proper look at Bielik in an Arsenal shirt, who also plays DM and CB. I know he’s only been playing league 1 football this year, but he looks like a powerful player: big, aggressive (in a good way), positive with his play, really eats up the yards when opens his stride...

Either player could be a good option for us, if we want the flexibility to switch between 2 and 3 at the back, so maybe it makes more sense to cash in on Chambers and keep the Polish lad?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Won’t be long before we’re watching players who weren’t even alive when the invincibles won the league!

Less of that please...

Mac76
26-05-2019, 09:52 PM
Having said all that, I’d also like to have a proper look at Bielik in an Arsenal shirt, who also plays DM and CB. I know he’s only been playing league 1 football this year, but he looks like a powerful player: big, aggressive (in a good way), positive with his play, really eats up the yards when opens his stride...

Either player could be a good option for us, if we want the flexibility to switch between 2 and 3 at the back, so maybe it makes more sense to cash in on Chambers and keep the Polish lad?

I heard Bielik's been doing pretty well, so we should see if he's worth a try

I am invisible
27-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Less of that please...
40 this year, buddy - feeling old and grumpy. Youths, everywhere!

I am invisible
27-05-2019, 10:12 AM
I heard Bielik's been doing pretty well, so we should see if he's worth a try
Honestly, I don’t think we can afford to overlook any potential asset or resource right now - even if we ultimately end up passing on them, everyone should at least be up for consideration.

We know that we’re definitely losing 4 senior players for nothing this summer (Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck and Lichsteiner), and Elneny will almost certainly be going, likely for a nominal fee.

I think there’s a good chance that one (or both) of Koscielny and Monreal might ask for moves - again, we’re probably looking at nominal fees there (or perhaps we can use them as makeweights in part-x deals, if we’re lucky).

And the club also sound absolutely desperate to offload Özil and a Mkhitaryan - in all honesty it might be impossible to ditch those two, but if we can somehow manage to find buyers then we’re probably going to have to give them away for next to nothing because of their wage demands.

That’s 5-9 members of the senior squad who could all potentially depart without really adding much to our already meagre budget. Sure, we could add to that budget through further sales, but every further player that leaves will add another 1 to the already long list of replacements required. I just don’t see how we get it all done without at least some of the solutions coming from the younger players and loanees?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
27-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Not sure what is going to happen with the Rabiot situation, but aside from that, I wouldn't be against us signing another energetic tactically astute midfielder of a good age out of Italy. Outside of Juventus, the wages are relatively low too so any offer we make would be tempting for most players. I think outside of Conaldo's wages Dybala is the top earner on about 115/120 a week. Nicolo Barella looks a good player? (On something like 28K euros a week)

I think we just bring in somebody competent as the reserve keeper. Not too worried about that it. If Wan-Bisakka were left footed I'd be breaking the bank to bring him in but oh well.

I think we go big on a major source of goals....a real difference maker..... ie a wide player....Pepe style.

I don't envisage us being able to move on Ozil and we may well be stuck with Mhki too unless PSG do us a favour.

Globalgunner
27-05-2019, 11:32 AM
With either Mikhi or Ozil we would have to pay at least 60% of their wages if we could find clubs to take them. Turkey or US major league could take Ozil off our hands. He may like the idea of pairing up with his old mate Justin Bieber in LA. Mikhi still wants to play football. Could we persuade the Hammers?. They usually like our rejects and their manager Pelegrini might be able to coax consistent performances off him. I would replace them with the Atleti guy Partey, and hopefully Rabiot. Gettind rid of Mikhi and Ozil, dumping Xhaka to the bench is the only way we can improve our midfield, Bielik and Chambers to replace El Neny.

Mac76
27-05-2019, 11:51 AM
dumping Xhaka to the bench is the only way we can improve our midfield.

no, we get rid of him - there's just enough of his free kicks to do a video coompilation good enough to fool somone into thinking he knows what he's doing and is worth buying

we don't want a disaster-prone idiot like him anywhere near the club next season

SMatthews
27-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Given the amount of work that needs doing across the team and the number of players already leaving that will need replacing, it’s highly likely Xhaka will be here next season.

I am invisible
27-05-2019, 01:43 PM
I’m not sure if we’ll actively seek a buyer for Xhaka, but if a decent offer came in...? I think we’d have to consider it.

Oddly enough, I think Xhaka and a Mustafi are two of our more saleable assets? For some reason the rest of Europe seems to have this disease where they can’t see their obvious flaws, and for some reason they always seem to score well on these stat measuring doohickies? I can see them doing ok in one of the European leagues...

Globalgunner
27-05-2019, 01:53 PM
I’m not sure if we’ll actively seek a buyer for Xhaka, but if a decent offer came in...? I think we’d have to consider it.

Oddly enough, I think Xhaka and a Mustafi are two of our more saleable assets? For some reason the rest of Europe seems to have this disease where they can’t see their obvious flaws, and for some reason they always seem to score well on these stat measuring doohickies? I can see them doing ok in one of the European leagues...

If we hand Valencia another 35m, they might take him back

SMatthews
27-05-2019, 02:17 PM

We still need to remain a cohesive unit and too many changes in the squad can easily have a detrimental effect. Understandably, fans want all the changes to happen at once, but it just can't happen. I'd be happy to keep Xhaka as a back-up, squad player. Also, from Mustafi's recent interview with Kicker:

“I do not know where these messages come from. It’s funny, I’ve been here for almost three years, and after half a year, it was speculated that I would change soon.

“I am a player of Arsenal, I have a contract until 2021, and then there is no news. If they exist, I will announce them and not sneak away.”

Özim
27-05-2019, 07:01 PM
no, we get rid of him - there's just enough of his free kicks to do a video coompilation good enough to fool somone into thinking he knows what he's doing and is worth buying

we don't want a disaster-prone idiot like him anywhere near the club next season

Agreed, I hope common sense prevails and we get rid, whoever comes in can't be any worse than this guy whose errors more often than not cost us. There is no negative or detrimentl effect with getting rid of this guy.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
27-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Given the amount of work that needs doing across the team and the number of players already leaving that will need replacing, it’s highly likely Xhaka will be here next season.

I'd actually put real money down with any member of this forum that Xhaka will be here next season.

Marc Overmars
27-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Xhaka is one of the first names on the team sheet. He isn't going anywhere.

Sadly.

SMatthews
27-05-2019, 10:35 PM
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/arsene-wenger-dribbles-past-zinedine-zidane-at-charity-match_sto7295965/story.shtml

Midfield maestro :bow:

Sign him up Unai.

I am invisible
28-05-2019, 09:20 AM
I'd actually put real money down with any member of this forum that Xhaka will be here next season.
Probably. He’ll be way at the bottom of any ‘for sale’ list we have (if he’s even on it at all), but I do think there’s a scenario where we might sell, e.g. if we need to raise money and he’s the only one of our players that we receive a good offer for.

I don’t think we’ll actively look to sell him though, so if I had to bet I’d say he’ll still be here next year...

Özim
28-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Xhaka is one of the first names on the team sheet. He isn't going anywhere.

Sadly.

You're probably right, that's one thing that's putting me off Emery a bit, he seems to value player as average as Xhaka and doesn't seem to have spotted the fact he's been a bit of a liability.

We can't move forward as a team with players like him in the team, he's just not good enough.

I am invisible
28-05-2019, 01:41 PM
If we hand Valencia another 35m, they might take him back
Whoever sold us Mustafi, and got actual cash money for him - that’s who we should hire to do our deals for us. The guy’s s f**king genius!

I am invisible
28-05-2019, 01:59 PM
You're probably right, that's one thing that's putting me off Emery a bit, he seems to value player as average as Xhaka and doesn't seem to have spotted the fact he's been a bit of a liability.

We can't move forward as a team with players like him in the team, he's just not good enough.
Difficult to say really, as there’s no one else to challenge him in the DLP role - he kind of gets the nod by default at the moment...

Özim
28-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Difficult to say really, as there’s no one else to challenge him in the DLP role - he kind of gets the nod by default at the moment...

Whilst that's true, if he didn't rate him then this summer would he'd be trying to get rid, he's probably cost of more points than most players this season. The feeling seems to be that Emery quite likes him, I could accept Wenger rated him as frankly he didn't seem to have a clue what made a good footballer in his latter days, but for a new manager to rate him is pretty shocking IMO seeing as he's such a liability.

I think that's been my biggest disappointment with Emery so far, he doesn't seem to spot a bad player as well as he should and that's not good news.

He needs to make big changes this summer in defence and midfield, the midfield is really average aside from Torreira and potentially Guendouzi we have noone (Ozil has ability but it's not working for him here for one reason or another). Mhkitaryan, Xhaka, Iwobi, Elneny are not good enough, Ramsey is leaving and AMN has been disappointing thus far. Nelson will be on positive addition and ESR faded somewhat in th 2nd half of the season (due to injuries and lack of play) so not sure he will feature.

Mustafi, Jenkinson, Xhaka, Mkhitatyan, Monreal, Elneny should be sold and Cech, Ramsey and Welbeck are gone. Iwobi I wouldn't be against selling as the guy has no end product and of course Koscielny is getting on.

There's a lot surgery to do, there's too many average players, but Xhaka and Mustafi are two players who have to be sold IMO.

AFC Leveller
28-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Anyone seen the article in the sun where Cech says we don’t hate losing “enough” compared to Chelsea. I think he makes some really good points.

Mac76
28-05-2019, 06:54 PM
Whoever sold us Mustafi, and got actual cash money for him - that’s who we should hire to do our deals for us. The guy’s s f**king genius!

:gp: :lol:

Mac76
28-05-2019, 06:56 PM
Anyone seen the article in the sun where Cech says we don’t hate losing “enough” compared to Chelsea. I think he makes some really good points.

You mean like he didn't hate losing 5-1 to bayern and had a laugh with their team afterwards?

He can f**k offf IMO, we should be playing leno

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Probably. He’ll be way at the bottom of any ‘for sale’ list we have (if he’s even on it at all), but I do think there’s a scenario where we might sell, e.g. if we need to raise money and he’s the only one of our players that we receive a good offer for.

I don’t think we’ll actively look to sell him though, so if I had to bet I’d say he’ll still be here next year...

I see the problem as twofold. I think we won't look to sell true..... but equally I don't think there's anybody who will want to buy for a fee we would be willing to accept. The ones who could easily offer a big fee will be looking for better anyway.

I am invisible
29-05-2019, 05:59 AM
:gp: :lol:
He grifted us good! You can only admire the audacity of it, really.

I am invisible
29-05-2019, 06:38 AM
We still need to remain a cohesive unit and too many changes in the squad can easily have a detrimental effect. Understandably, fans want all the changes to happen at once, but it just can't happen. I'd be happy to keep Xhaka as a back-up, squad player. Also, from Mustafi's recent interview with Kicker:
I’m all for stability and continuity when we’re talking about selectively building on a established side and a proven system, but I don’t think we’ve got a great deal to worry about in that respect just yet - we’re still very much a WIP, and are still very much working out who we are and how we want to play.

The cohesion we’ve found as a unit all seems to be built on a shape and system that we’re unlikely to persist with next season, and I have major doubts over whether many of our current players will be able to adapt to anything different - as soon as we stop playing a 3-man defence with wing backs and a traditional no. 10 I think a lot of players will instantly look like square pegs in round holes again, and much of that cohesion will evaporate anyway.

Plus the overwhelming vibe I’m getting from the guys at the top (the owners, the CEO and the MD) is that cuts have to happen, regardless of what it means for stability. Ramsey, Welbeck and Cech are definitely going and I think we can assume that Lichsteiner and Elneny are toast - those are all decisions that have been made before we even know if we’ll have CL income next year, so it looks like someone there is doing the math and working out where we’re not getting value for money. I really can’t see it stopping at those five - perhaps it will stop short of double-figures, but I would be surprised if we didn’t see at least a couple more departures from the senior squad.

Xhaka I agree will probably stay - he’s nowhere near the worst offender, and we’re already losing 2 CMs, so wages and space have already been freed up there. Mustafi might be in the firing line though? Emery is on record as saying he wants a new CB this summer and no one had departed from that area yet?

SMatthews
29-05-2019, 06:59 AM
I’m all for stability and continuity when we’re talking about selectively building on a established side and a proven system, but I don’t think we’ve got a great deal to worry about in that respect just yet - we’re still very much a WIP, and are still very much working out who we are and how we want to play.

The cohesion we’ve found as a unit all seems to be built on a shape and system that we’re unlikely to persist with next season, and I have major doubts over whether many of our current players will be able to adapt to anything different - as soon as we stop playing a 3-man defence with wing backs and a traditional no. 10 I think a lot of players will instantly look like square pegs in round holes again, and much of that cohesion will evaporate anyway.

Plus the overwhelming vibe I’m getting from the guys at the top (the owners, the CEO and the MD) is that cuts have to happen, regardless of what it means for stability. Ramsey, Welbeck and Cech are definitely going and I think we can assume that Lichsteiner and Elneny are toast - those are all decisions that have been made before we even know if we’ll have CL income next year, so it looks like someone there is doing the math and working out where we’re not getting value for money. I really can’t see it stopping at those five - perhaps it will stop short of double-figures, but I would be surprised if we didn’t see at least a couple more departures from the senior squad.

Xhaka I agree will probably stay - he’s nowhere near the worst offender, and we’re already losing 2 CMs, so wages and space have already been freed up there. Mustafi might be in the firing line though? Emery is on record as saying he wants a new CB this summer and no one had departed from that area yet?

There also has to be some realism about the size of the job at hand and how long it will take. Given the players that are guaranteed to leave, along with those who we want to replace, combined with the potential funds available (even if we get into the CL) one summer won’t do it. Probably not even two. I’ve seen lists of ten or more players that some fans want replacing this summer, which is ludicrous. No team can hope to maintain forward momentum by dropping almost half a squad in one go. That’s why you’ll see 3/4 additions at most teams, because continuity in a team game is everything. And that doesn’t just mean the tactical approach or style of football, but how the players gel as a group, work and communicate with the coaching staff and manager - transplanting in ten or more new faces and personalities into any working environment and getting it to hit the ground running in a few months is unrealistic. Not that it will matter to fans who are blinded by their myopic hatred of certain players, their desperation for success at all costs, and a complete lack of understanding of how anything beyond the borders of the pitch actually works on a human level.

Özim
29-05-2019, 08:37 AM
Xhaka should be one of the first names sold if we can get any money for him, he's a real liability causing quite a few goals, since he's been here he's shown nothing.

I agree that he's so poor we may not be able to sell him, but personally I'd try to flog him back to Germany where he somehow managed to gain a decent reputation, we may get 15 million for him, but I'd take that and run.

I am invisible
29-05-2019, 08:51 AM
There also has to be some realism about the size of the job at hand and how long it will take. Given the players that are guaranteed to leave, along with those who we want to replace, combined with the potential funds available (even if we get into the CL) one summer won’t do it. Probably not even two. I’ve seen lists of ten or more players that some fans want replacing this summer, which is ludicrous. No team can hope to maintain forward momentum by dropping almost half a squad in one go. That’s why you’ll see 3/4 additions at most teams, because continuity in a team game is everything. And that doesn’t just mean the tactical approach or style of football, but how the players gel as a group, work and communicate with the coaching staff and manager - transplanting in ten or more new faces and personalities into any working environment and getting it to hit the ground running in a few months is unrealistic. Not that it will matter to fans who are blinded by their myopic hatred of certain players, their desperation for success at all costs, and a complete lack of understanding of how anything beyond the borders of the pitch actually works on a human level.
Oh, I agree that we’ll see a maximum of 3-4 new signings - setting the integration aspect aside, there simply aren’t the funds for anything more. I also expect that at least half of those signings will be long-terms prospects that we’re investing in early (i.e. more Guendouzi-level signings).

Beyond that, I think we’re looking at a drive (possibly even a directive from above) to make better use of the players that we’re producing ourselves and resources that we already possess (which is why I started this whole thing by talking about how we shouldn’t be sniffy about giving players like Bielik and Chambers a final look this summer). All of these players are existing faces and personalities who everyone should be familiar with on a personal level, and most of them have them have probably been part of the culture of this club longer than most of the senior playing staff, the coaching staff, the CEO and the MD!

Believe me, I’m not expecting it to be immediately pretty or successful - it may even set us back a step to begin with, as the squad gels and the younger players find their feet at this level - but it needs to happen, if we’re operating on a self-sustaining model. Unfortunately, the time to start doing this in easily-digestible instalments was probably 2 years ago, when we first dropped out of the CL spots - instead, we tried to dig our way out with a load of big signings and even bigger contracts. That didn’t work, and now it has to be paid for - maybe a little less brutally if we manage to beat Chelsea tonight, but it’s still coming.

SMatthews
29-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Oh, I agree that we’ll see a maximum of 3-4 new signings - setting the integration aspect aside, there simply aren’t the funds for anything more. I also expect that at least half of those signings will be long-terms prospects that we’re investing in early (i.e. more Guendouzi-level signings).

Beyond that, I think we’re looking at a drive (possibly even a directive from above) to make better use of the players that we’re producing ourselves and resources that we already possess (which is why I started this whole thing by talking about how we shouldn’t be sniffy about giving players like Bielik and Chambers a final look this summer). All of these players are existing faces and personalities who everyone should be familiar with on a personal level, and most of them have them have probably been part of the culture of this club longer than most of the senior playing staff, the coaching staff, the CEO and the MD!

Believe me, I’m not expecting it to be immediately pretty or successful - it may even set us back a step to begin with, as the squad gels and the younger players find their feet at this level - but it needs to happen, if we’re operating on a self-sustaining model. Unfortunately, the time to start doing this in easily-digestible instalments was probably 2 years ago, when we first dropped out of the CL spots - instead, we tried to dig our way out with a load of big signings and even bigger contracts. That didn’t work, and now it has to be paid for - maybe a little less brutally if we manage to beat Chelsea tonight, but it’s still coming.

You seem like a level-headed guy, so my comment was directed more at fans who just don’t get it. Then again, getting a scale of the real world via the Internet is pretty stupid of me.

The key word used during the recent interview with the top brass was ‘effecency’, so that will be underpinning everything we do for the foreseeable future. And yes, as you say, many of the ‘new’ faces will come from the youth set-up or returning loanees.

The Auba signing and Ozil/Micki contracts were really the last throw of the dice as you mention and we are paying the price for that on top of the signings during the previous summer, at a time when our revenues have dropped quite a bit outside of the CL. While it’s a bit late, hopefully the structure we’re putting in place will reap the benefits over the next few years, whether it’s Emery in charge or not.

I am invisible
01-06-2019, 09:45 AM
You seem like a level-headed guy, so my comment was directed more at fans who just don’t get it. Then again, getting a scale of the real world via the Internet is pretty stupid of me...
Hey, no offense taken, honestly - I know what the internet is like.

If other posters are anything like me, then half the time they probably use GW as a sounding board for their random thoughts and ideas and then say something completely different down the pub with their mates! (Or they’ll use it as a form of primal scream therapy, and rage it out here so they’re not taking it home with them!)

The problem with forums is, because you necessarily have to write and publish everything in order to talk, then every thought and utterance becomes a matter of permanent record, even stuff said in the heat of the moment, and each post gradually builds up into a profile of your forum-self that maybe bears no resemblance to who you are in real world. Is poster A always angry and unreasonable, or do they just lose their cool at particularly low moments before calming down again? Is poster B an annoyingly blind optimist, or are they just chucking ideas out there, desperately looking for something - anything - to cling to because they’re actually quite down about it all? No way of ever knowing really.

Plus everyone’s views tend to get more extreme on the internet in general. You can almost guarantee that someone else out there will agree with, and therefore validate, any stray thought you have, and when you’re not talking face-to-face then you can’t pick up on the subtle cues of body language and facial expressions that would normally let you know when it’s time to rein it in. Chuck in the cover of anonymity and the internet becomes a really dodgy means of getting a scale of anything. I’d take everything said with a massive pinch of salt.

Ralpheroo72
01-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Jose Antonio Reyes has died in a car accident

dostoy
01-06-2019, 11:32 AM

I've just read that and I'm shocked.

He was a fantastic player at his best and its a tragedy for him and his poor family.

I think he had young children as well.

RIP

McNamara That Ghost...
01-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Fucking hell. RIP.

dazthegooner
01-06-2019, 11:40 AM
RIP He was ony 35 :(

Letters
01-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Just saw that. :(
Really sad.

RIP :rose:

SMatthews
01-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Bloody hell.

He was an Emery player for a while too wasn’t he?

Marc Overmars
01-06-2019, 11:56 AM
That’s awful. :(

RIP.

Thierrymon
01-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Awful news. Was a great player for us in our golden era of the EPL.

LDG
01-06-2019, 12:18 PM
So sad. Puts all things in perspective.

Letters
01-06-2019, 12:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gocpJ9Sfcbg

:(

Xhaka Can’t
01-06-2019, 01:35 PM
I’ve just heard the news. That is no age to lose your life. He’s leaving behind three young children as well.

Rest in peace

Mac76
01-06-2019, 01:53 PM
RIP

The first goal in that chelsea game is as sweet a strike as you'll see

I am invisible
01-06-2019, 04:02 PM
Jesus... that’s horrible.

RIP, Jose lad.

Chippy
01-06-2019, 04:06 PM

Terrible news. So sad, so young as well.

GP
01-06-2019, 04:24 PM
A hugely talented player. An Invincible, no less.

RIP Jose Antonio Reyes.

Marc Overmars
01-06-2019, 04:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gocpJ9Sfcbg

Remember this like it was yesterday as I was at the game.

Thought we’d hit the jackpot with him. Shame he couldn’t settle in England as he was super talented.

35 FFS. :(

LDG
01-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Just so sad.

Really shows you what matters.

At the end of it all, a young man has gone too soon.

His poor family.

Letters
01-06-2019, 10:10 PM
Remember this like it was yesterday as I was at the game.

Thought we’d hit the jackpot with him. Shame he couldn’t settle in England as he was super talented.

35 FFS. :(

Yeah. I was there too and remember it well.
Very sad.
Shame he never settled in London, he could have been an amazing player for us.

Xhaka Can’t
05-06-2019, 06:06 PM
The deadline for renewing Silver membership is approaching. My mates that were my main source of extra tickets aren’t renewing.

This is the year where I too will call it a day.

LDG
05-06-2019, 07:09 PM
The deadline for renewing Silver membership is approaching. My mates that were my main source of extra tickets aren’t renewing.

I don’t miss the games as such. I miss the trip up and beers in the pub with you lot. I never really remembered much about the game anyway :lol:

Letters
05-06-2019, 07:33 PM
GW Meet-ups :rose:

I guess we could still meet up for the occasional game in the Pins.
I’m not as fussed about going to games but have more interest in watching them with Emery.

Xhaka Can’t
05-06-2019, 09:12 PM
Those meet ups were good times. Well those parts of the meet ups I can remember.

Times change, commitments increase and it becomes more difficult to find the time to get together.

Bumble
06-06-2019, 06:11 AM

I have 2 silver membership but have only gone to one game in 2 years. I keep them just on the off chance I get the desire to start going again.

Marc Overmars
06-06-2019, 07:21 AM
I think I’ll always retain my Silver membership because I’m sure there will be a point when I start going regularly again. I did go a lot during the first half of last season but then the wife got pregnant, so priorities change I guess.

Mac76
06-06-2019, 01:19 PM

obviously entirely up to you, but i'd think carefully

they don't issue silver tickets anymore so once it's gone you either have to get red or an ST

silver gets you ahead of red members in the queue for big games etc...

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2019, 03:16 PM
obviously entirely up to you, but i'd think carefully

they don't issue silver tickets anymore so once it's gone you either have to get red or an ST

silver gets you ahead of red members in the queue for big games etc...

I thought carefully last year and ended up renewing my silver membership last season. It came in handy when Hymppi needed a ticket on a trip over from Finland. Other than that, it spent most of the season with Letters who used it for one match.

I still have another day to think about it. I love what Arsenal was but I can’t stomach giving Kroenke another fifty quid just to keep a piece of plastic up to date.

Marc Overmars
06-06-2019, 03:33 PM
I will only be going to games ad hoc for the foreseeable future, so I'm considering renting out or at least splitting the cost of my Silver membership for next year to someone who will use more times than I will. A Silver membership is better than having a season ticket so I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Mac76
06-06-2019, 04:32 PM
I will only be going to games ad hoc for the foreseeable future, so I'm considering renting out or at least splitting the cost of my Silver membership for next year to someone who will use more times than I will. A Silver membership is better than having a season ticket so I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

yes renting it to someone for the season makes sense - i've seen there's a few people with STs doing that too for the coming season - i guess they just want to sit out the "rebuilding" era

i have just renewed my ST as somehow i still enjoy the whole thing around going to games and i love my seat and knowing it's reserved for me but don't blame anyone who's had enough

at least with Ticket Exchange i can sell it when I'm not going along

fakeyank
06-06-2019, 07:19 PM
I thought carefully last year and ended up renewing my silver membership last season. It came in handy when Hymppi needed a ticket on a trip over from Finland. Other than that, it spent most of the season with Letters who used it for one match.

I still have another day to think about it. I love what Arsenal was but I can’t stomach giving Kroenke another fifty quid just to keep a piece of plastic up to date.

Please keep it :hug:

I plan to come back and try again end of this year with the Mrs and our newborn daughter. May be the daughter will change my luck! :lol:

fakeyank
06-06-2019, 07:21 PM
I don’t miss the games as such. I miss the trip up and beers in the pub with you lot. I never really remembered much about the game anyway :lol:

I am visiting again next season to derail our season. Please dont abandon the meet ups! :pray:

LDG
06-06-2019, 07:50 PM
I am visiting again next season to derail our season. Please dont abandon the meet ups! :pray:

I’m up for a piss up!

We’ll fucking lose anyway, so who gives a shit.

dazthegooner
06-06-2019, 07:58 PM
I'm up for a meet up would be good to see everyone in focus for a change :)

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2019, 11:05 PM
Please keep it :hug:

I plan to come back and try again end of this year with the Mrs and our newborn daughter. May be the daughter will change my luck! :lol:

I’ll sleep on it.

fakeyank
07-06-2019, 07:03 PM
I’m up for a piss up!

We’ll fucking lose anyway, so who gives a shit.

:cheer:

Xhaka Can’t
07-06-2019, 11:25 PM
Ozil’s best man at his wedding was.....

Globalgunner
08-06-2019, 05:15 AM
Ozil’s best man at his wedding was.....

Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Maccy?.......or maybe yr friendly neighborhood Turkish President

SMatthews
08-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Bet the ceremony was killer.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-06-2019, 10:41 AM
Long shot and on a whim, but if anyone fancies loaning a season ticket, PM me....... East stand Block 112, row 23 seat 605. Dead centre, upper tier view really.

GP
27-06-2019, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJgkEf3ELk

Adidas :bow:

LDG
27-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Just been watching that on Arseblog.

If we did new signings like we did adverts.

What a fucking kit though.

I know what I’m going to town in next season.

SMatthews
02-07-2019, 09:43 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/02/adidas-under-fire-racist-offensive-tweets-arsenal-new-shirt-launch

New kit launch went well then.

Letters
02-07-2019, 09:47 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/02/adidas-under-fire-racist-offensive-tweets-arsenal-new-shirt-launch

New kit launch went well then.

:lol: "@GasAllJewss", who knew Jeremy Corbyn was on Twitter?

Mac76
02-07-2019, 11:01 AM
"we have been made aware of the abuse of a Twitter personalisation mechanic created to allow excited fans to get their name on the back of the new jersey."

oh to have been in that marketing meeting ... "what could possibly go wrong.....?"

Letters
06-07-2019, 09:06 PM
We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more Spurs...

https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-lgbt-represented-at-london-pride

Mac76
10-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Edu confirmed - let's hope he can save us :pray:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/edu-named-our-technical-director

Bumble
10-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Edu confirmed - let's hope he can save us :pray:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/edu-named-our-technical-director

he will add physical presence to midfield

Letters
10-07-2019, 01:17 PM
Shut up and take my money!

https://www.retroclasico.co.uk/category/ceefax-nostalgia/

:dance:

KSE Comedy Club
10-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Shut up and take my money!

https://www.retroclasico.co.uk/category/ceefax-nostalgia/

:dance:

Gimp! :lol:

Master Splinter
10-07-2019, 06:30 PM
Ceefax :lol:.

Awlful Teletext.

LDG
10-07-2019, 06:36 PM
Ceefax page 302 :bow:

When you loaded the scores page, nailed on to be on page 2/20

Master Splinter
10-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Going back to the beginning after getting a question wrong on Bamboozle: :ilt:.

KSE Comedy Club
15-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Bloggers, fanzines, fans have launched a statement at Kroenke:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48979800

Sixteen prominent Arsenal supporters' groups and bloggers have signed a letter calling on owner Stan Kroenke to "reinvigorate" the Premier League club.

The two-page document accuses the "passive", "absent" Kroenke of using the Gunners as an "investment vehicle".

"Arsenal is at a crossroads. Things need to change," the letter adds.

It is the first time so many fans have come together to express dissatisfaction with the American billionaire.

dazthegooner
15-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Will he read this statement of at least be aware it actually exists? (No probably not) :coffee:

KSE Comedy Club
15-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Will he read this statement of at least be aware it actually exists? (No probably not) :coffee:

Maybe not, it started gathering pace on twitter this morning (I retweeted it in support myself) and since then most of the online media have been reporting it so you never know.

I think the more important question to ask is not IF he will read it but rather IF he gives a fuck afterwards (No probably not) :coffee:

Marc Overmars
15-07-2019, 11:32 AM
He's probably sitting on his ranch, sipping his whiskey and wiping his arse with that letter. :lol:

SMatthews
15-07-2019, 11:43 AM
According to Ornstein, even if he wanted to invest money FFP would limit how much he could put in.

Mac76
15-07-2019, 11:48 AM
According to Ornstein, even if he wanted to invest money FFP would limit how much he could put in.

well surely there's some way to go above £40m before FFP kicks in....?

KSE Comedy Club
15-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Exactly - I'm sure he could put in £100m or so before we need to worry.

Edit: It seems FFP is more to do with losses that the club posts in each assessment period. It doesn't mention Owner investment that I can see :shrug:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29361839

SMatthews
15-07-2019, 12:37 PM
well surely there's some way to go above £40m before FFP kicks in....?

It’s not a case of having only £40m to spend on players as that’s not how the money is accounted for.

I wonder if this letter would’ve happened if we’d of made the CL this season?

Bumble
15-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Edit: It seems FFP is more to do with losses that the club posts in each assessment period. It doesn't mention Owner investment that I can see :shrug:

I imagine he isn't just going to donate money to the club so it would be a loan and when spent would take us to a loss.

It is a joke that we have high ticket prices - bring in £100m+ a year just from the premier league finishing places, Europa league money which is less than CL money but more than non European competition money. Yet we cant pay £25m out right. Kroenke doesn't even take much out of the club £2-3m a think.

The salary structure just a sign of a desperate club.

England won the cricket so not all is bad and that was exciting edge of your seat stuff.

SMatthews
15-07-2019, 12:43 PM

It’s to with the correlation between owner investment, increase of revenue and FFP rules surrounding Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) and Short Term Cost Control (STCC), I think.

SMatthews
16-07-2019, 03:18 PM
Dear Arsenal Supporters, Fans, and Gooners worldwide.

I’d like to start by clarifying that my family owns Arsenal together, and when it comes to the Club, my father and I are in constant dialogue. So when you hear from him you are hearing from me, and the other way round. So I pen this on behalf of myself, my father, my family and Kroenke Sports & Entertainment.

We know we have some of the most passionate fans in any sport, anywhere in the world. It’s part of what makes us such a special and unique Club. And while we understand, appreciate, and agree with concerns about our Club failing to achieve our goal of qualifying for the 2019-20 Champions League, we respectfully disagree about our Club being at a crossroads and that things need to change because so much change has recently occurred.

Over the past year we have turned the page from our traditional model of football operations that included a Manager and CEO, to a new chapter of Arsenal Football Club that is led by a Head of Football and Managing Director. Since their appointments and that of Unai Emery as our Head Coach we have continued working to develop a modern infrastructure, designed to move us forward. This will take time to play out, but this was always going to be the case after such a long period of time operating under a different model. For us, the most important thing to achieve was not simply change for the sake of change, but to ensure we put the right people in the right roles to work together in a positive environment to achieve our stated goal of winning silverware both domestically and in Europe.

We know this can bring uncertainty, and perhaps everything we’ve done in the past 12-14 months have brought about additional uncertainty during a period of unease when supporters, coaches, players, and management are rightfully frustrated by lack of success on the pitch. With all the work we’ve done on the structure of football, commercial and operational departments, we would say that the Club now needs a period of stability rather than additional change.

We want to be clear we are in sports for one reason and one reason only…to win. There is simply no better feeling in sport than winning at the highest level. We know there is a lot of hard work ahead and understand that supporters want success now. We will continue to push forward trying to balance the short and long term vision without abandoning the core principles of the Club that have sustained us for the past 133 years.

We believe that in professional sport you are as only as good as your last match, and unfortunately the last 45 minutes of our season were not our best. On behalf of my family and KSE, I was in Baku for the Europa League final, and was on the pitch after the match representing our Club as the second place medals were passed out to our players and staff. I saw and felt the same frustration that was visible on the face of every Arsenal fan, player and staff member, and the most important thing that I saw in that moment was how much people care and a resolve to face the failure and work even harder.

As Raul said in our recent announcement regarding the appointment of Edu Gaspar as the first technical director in Arsenal history, Edu represents the final piece of a very important jigsaw puzzle that is our new football operational structure. He is first and foremost an Arsenal man who understands the ethos of our Club and, as an Invincible, he understands the mentality required from top to bottom across the entire Club for us to return to the level at which we all expect to be competing. He joins Freddie, Per and Steve Bould, all winners with Arsenal DNA, who love our Club.

We are not naive in our thinking that our ambitions can be achieved overnight, and are putting processes in place to ensure we are stacked not only with talent, but talent with the proper mentality to help us achieve our highest goals in the future.

We know we have a job to do and we will attack it daily. Our Club has a beautiful history full of honor, class, trophies, commitment to the community and player development in which we all take immense pride and will no doubt continue to honor. We also must be aggressive and creative in the modern day transfer market to push what’s possible both on the pitch and how it’s evaluated in pursuit of the biggest trophies in English and European Football.

As for our supporters, we say thank you. Thank you for your passion, thank you for your commitment, and thank you for being the lifeblood of our great Club. There will be both victories and defeats in our future together and we thank you for your continued support through both competitive experiences as we push forward to create a new, proud, history of Arsenal Football Club. “Victoria Concordia Crescit” is our Club’s famous motto, and one that we all hold dear to our hearts.

May North forever be Red… Josh

Baby Kroenke repsonds.

LDG
16-07-2019, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

Mac76
16-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Baby Kroenke repsonds.

You've got to wonder if he wrote even a single word of that, or it's purely a PR person's hand

Let's see the plan then Josh

Globalgunner
17-07-2019, 10:37 AM
We can spend the money we have stashed in the bank without breaking any rules....except if Stan is holding it as collateral for something

SMatthews
17-07-2019, 10:41 AM
Erkut Sogut is adding to the Ozil PR with an interview on the Football Ramble - telling us what Ozil is 'really' like :sick:

I am invisible
17-07-2019, 12:48 PM
We can spend the money we have stashed in the bank without breaking any rules....except if Stan is holding it as collateral for something

Assuming it hasn't all gone on covering our CL wage bill while we've been out of the CL.

Mac76
19-07-2019, 08:42 PM
This headline made me laugh : "Ozil - Willock can be a big player for us"

You could just as easily swap the names around :lol:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/ozil-willock-can-be-big-player-us

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Kolasinac. :bow:

Big fucking hero.

Fending off Mesut's would be knife wielding attackers.

Marc Overmars
25-07-2019, 07:56 PM
While Ozil ran away. Of course.

GP
25-07-2019, 08:08 PM
https://i.redd.it/oleor87k8ic31.jpg

SMatthews
25-07-2019, 08:46 PM
While Ozil ran away. Of course.

Always goes missing in the big moments.

Mac76
31-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Camden Town Brewery on board - more good news :beer:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/camden-town-brewery-becomes-official-beer-partner

SMatthews
03-08-2019, 08:56 AM
20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play Henry signed for us. Bloody hell.

What a man :bow:

SMatthews
11-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Two guys arrested in relation to whatever other incident happened with Kola and Ozil. Hopefully that’s the end of it.

SMatthews
12-08-2019, 10:27 AM
https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/8/12/a4b5c82107df12dc4ea1067c40230501-full.jpg (https:///) upload (https://imggmi.com)

Our third kit is looking pretty sexy.

Thierrymon
12-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Yes, it is very nice. https://arseblog.news/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/AFC-third-front-2019-.jpg

Mac76
12-08-2019, 11:10 AM
good kit

just wish we had a sponsor that was a bit cooler to go with it - i really don't like advertising emirates tbh

dazthegooner
12-08-2019, 11:23 AM
good kit

just wish we had a sponsor that was a bit cooler to go with it - i really don't like advertising emirates tbh

I agree everywhere you go the logo is there we need a sponsor that's individual to us (oh and for more money)

GP
12-08-2019, 12:28 PM
At least isn't not a betting company.

SMatthews
13-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Swiss Ramble breaks down how we managed to spend the money we did this summer:

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1161168659861127169?s=12

SMatthews
13-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Ozil and Kola have been ruled out ‘indefinitely’ apparently.

With talk of Ozil’s team talking to DC United, there’s a chance we might never see him play for us again. Could be the same for Kola too, his wife has apparently left the country.

Never seen anything like this before.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Hopefully Ozil is sold.

Crazy situation though. :blink:

Penguin
13-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Source?

That really is crazy...

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Think it's the wrong message to send out tbf.

Only validates some bellends and can it really be that safe being holed up in your home all the time? The security teams can be there whether the inhabitants are there or not.

AFC Leveller
14-08-2019, 08:29 AM
According to reports, there is a genuine Gang war between some Eastern Europeans and a local gang regarding the players.

Mac76
14-08-2019, 08:50 AM
it's probably all a plot by DC United to lower the price...

Mac76
14-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Only validates some bellends and can it really be that safe being holed up in your home all the time? The security teams can be there whether the inhabitants are there or not.

also if they're not safe here where would they be safe?

anyway here's just a little more on it...

https://www.eurosport.com/football/mesut-ozil-and-sead-kolasinac-arsenal-players-caught-in-the-middle-of-a-gang-dispute-reports_sto7405342/story.shtml

Mac76
14-08-2019, 09:22 AM
At least isn't not a betting company.

Double negative alert... :police:

GP
14-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Double negative alert... :police:

Oh yeah, I meant to say "At least it ain't not no betting company"

SMatthews
14-08-2019, 09:25 AM

Guess it depends on what's happened, if any threats have been made and what the police have advised too.

This is all pretty bizarre. Either way, if their families have been affected then they would be in no state to contribute to the team.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Some messed up stuff going on behind the scenes. The South American and African players relatives are regularly at risk abroad of getting (and do get) kidnapped but that is normally for a ransom.

On a lighter note, Pat Nevin saying he would unquestionably take Tierney over Robertson. Some lofty praise he was giving him.

Mac76
20-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Good interview with Kroenke - funny that it was indeed the thrashing in the EL final that made them realise things had to be done - thank god we didn't jam a win on penalties or something or we'd have no Ceballos or Pepe by the sounds of it ...

Still it sounds like they are committed and fairplay to them for acting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49401513

SMatthews
20-08-2019, 09:39 AM
We'd be in the CL, so in different position financially. No doubt we would've spent during the summer too.

Mac76
20-08-2019, 04:34 PM
We'd be in the CL, so in different position financially. No doubt we would've spent during the summer too.

Good point though i still suspect they'd have been a bit more of the view that we were essentially good enough, which would've stifled spending IMO

Marc Overmars
20-08-2019, 05:04 PM
They shouldn’t be tarred with the same brush as the previous regime, this was their first summer to deliver something encouraging and they did just that. I reckon they would have done the same had we qualified for the CL too.

SMatthews
20-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Good point though i still suspect they'd have been a bit more of the view that we were essentially good enough, which would've stifled spending IMO

Either way, we’ll never know. For now they have the benefit of the doubt but I won’t be kissing their arse for the time being. It shouldn’t be forgotten how despairing so many fans were at the start of the summer when the Kroenke name was dirt - I’m not comfortable with lavishing them with praise yet. Another summer of building will prove their full worth.

Mac76
20-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Either way, we’ll never know. For now they have the benefit of the doubt but I won’t be kissing their arse for the time being. It shouldn’t be forgotten how despairing so many fans were at the start of the summer when the Kroenke name was dirt - I’m not comfortable with lavishing them with praise yet. Another summer of building will prove their full worth.

Sure i'm with you on that

dazthegooner
22-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Interesting from Keown. He once revealed that he wanted to explain to one Arsenal defender how he could stop making the same mistake by altering his positioning but Arsene Wenger was not prepared for the player to see the video because he feared it would destroy his confidence. It is a curious anecdote that helps to explain the failure to address Arsenal's defensive problems.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11789625/keown-on-edu-and-arsenals-identity.

Globalgunner
22-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Interesting from Keown. He once revealed that he wanted to explain to one Arsenal defender how he could stop making the same mistake by altering his positioning but Arsene Wenger was not prepared for the player to see the video because he feared it would destroy his confidence. It is a curious anecdote that helps to explain the failure to address Arsenal's defensive problems.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11789625/keown-on-edu-and-arsenals-identity.

Old story, the defender in question was our own Swiss Tony, who started out well but descended in a puddle of quivering jelly by the time he'd been Drogba`d twice. Wenger was a fkn egomaniac. He didnt want anybody correcting his boys but him

dazthegooner
26-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Not sure what thread to put this on as no match one yet but Martin Atkinson will ref our game on Sunday...

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Guendouzi gets his call up to the senior French national team. :bow:

Obviously this means an injury is incoming but well done. :scarf:

Mac76
11-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Holding is back in full training with the first team - this is GOOD NEWS :)

https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-holding-bellerin-tierney

Letters
17-09-2019, 08:24 AM
On my FB feed:

"Watch top class football as Arsenal take on Aston Villa. Packages start from £600. Book yours today!"

:haha:

Top class football

Fuck off.

Mac76
17-09-2019, 08:46 AM
On my FB feed:

"Watch top class football as Arsenal take on Aston Villa. Packages start from £600. Book yours today!"

Top class football

Fuck off.

I'm not so sure - Villa could still come good ;)

Mac76
18-09-2019, 07:20 PM
He's taking Auba to Frankfurt... :doh:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/travelling-squad-named-frankfurt

AFC Leveller
20-09-2019, 01:37 AM
Can anyone confirm/clarify re Emery’s contract is up at the end of the season? Was he given a 2 year one?

LDG
20-09-2019, 05:03 AM
Can anyone confirm/clarify re Emery’s contract is up at the end of the season? Was he given a 2 year one?

Thats what I thought.

I was going to raise the possibility that our penny pinching owners might let him ride this year out so we don’t have to pay him off.

He’s out of his depth, but I guess we’ll just not be renewing his contract....unless we’re mental.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-09-2019, 05:33 AM
Three years but he can be dismissed after two, supposedly.

Marc Overmars
01-10-2019, 09:17 PM
https://talksport.com/football/608043/per-mertesacker-arsene-wenger-regime-arsenal-manchester-united/

Bit of an insight from Per into how mediocre standards fell to during the banter years.

Chippy
01-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Could not let go Spuds 2 - Bayern 7 :d

Gnabry though..... FFS

Letters
09-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Just saw this on a FB Arsenal group

I work in a school and was talking to a fellow teacher last night who used to work near the Emirates. He was saying how amazing the club were for his school, he told me he wouldn’t hear a bad word about the club despite not being a supporter. They would pre record players so the kids could ask them questions and it was like it was live. He said it was incredible how the clubs staff and players went above and beyond for the schools in the area. He also added how bad Tottenham were with the local community and how they didn’t seem to care at all.

Thought this might be a nice read not about getting people out and how they aren’t playing etc. Just something different.

Arsenal :bow:

Mac76
09-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Just saw this on a FB Arsenal group

Arsenal :bow:

good posting

it's also worth contrasting how Arsenal stayed in the area but spuds threatened to go to the Olympic stadium and basically blackmailed Haringey Council (who admittedly should have told them to stuff it) to give spuds millions to put into the stadium so they would stay in the area.

reaqlly hope the team decline continues adnndt ends up being a very fancy car boot sale venue - albeit still shaped like a toilet :lol:

GP
09-10-2019, 12:37 PM
good posting

it's also worth contrasting how Arsenal stayed in the area but spuds threatened to go to the Olympic stadium and basically blackmailed Haringey Council (who admittedly should have told them to stuff it) to give spuds millions to put into the stadium so they would stay in the area.

reaqlly hope the team decline continues adnndt ends up being a very fancy car boot sale venue - albeit still shaped like a toilet :lol:

Poch will leave, the results will continue to decline, they will hire shit replacements in a desperate attempt to reclaim their "glory"

It's the 'istory of de Tottenham

Mac76
09-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Poch will leave, the results will continue to decline, they will hire shit replacements in a desperate attempt to reclaim their "glory"

It's the 'istory of de Tottenham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC7PQUHJU9E

fakeyank
21-10-2019, 02:26 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11836850/bukayo-saka-arsenals-model-student-has-a-bright-future

Great read about Saka. I warmed up to Saka last season, and I think the kid is really worth the hype. ESR is another one.. :loveblush:

Özim
21-10-2019, 05:17 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11836850/bukayo-saka-arsenals-model-student-has-a-bright-future

Great read about Saka. I warmed up to Saka last season, and I think the kid is really worth the hype. ESR is another one.. :loveblush:

Yes very true, Martinelli looks exciting as well.

Letters
22-10-2019, 01:18 PM
https://i.ibb.co/VvYYtgb/Wenger-Emery.jpg

Mac76
22-10-2019, 02:08 PM

I believe the correct phrase to desrcribe this is 'damning'

Time for him to go now...

21_GOONER_SALUTE
22-10-2019, 07:43 PM

So the cunt Evra was right.

Letters
22-10-2019, 07:59 PM
What did Evra say?

dazthegooner
23-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Check out today's Arseblog interesting piece on Emery and his record in League campaigne's not good.

Also a good quote from Amy Lawrence "Emery looks like a man with a giant bunch of keys desperately trying all of them to see if one will unlock the damned door before trouble arrives".

Mac76
23-10-2019, 08:19 AM
Check out today's Arseblog interesting piece on Emery and his record in League campaigne's not good.

Also a good quote from Amy Lawrence "Emery looks like a man with a giant bunch of keys desperately trying all of them to see if one will unlock the damned door before trouble arrives".

i like Amy Lawrence but surely the problem is that he keeps trying the same keys in the shape of Xhaka and the back line despite them not working...

Globalgunner
23-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Emerys biggest problem is that he seems to have no identity, no footballing philosophy. He is not offensive inclined and cannot organise a defence to save his life. If He were a cook, you would give him all the ingredients in the world, hand him the keys to a Waitrose outlet and he would barely be able to deliver a ham sandwich. I am no longer an Ozil fan but what he was rumoured to have said is entirely true. The man is not a coach.

IBK
23-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Emerys biggest problem is that he seems to have no identity, no footballing philosophy. He is not offensive inclined and cannot organise a defence to save his life. If He were a cook, you would give him all the ingredients in the world, hand him the keys to a Waitrose outlet and he would barely be able to deliver a ham sandwich. I am no longer and Ozil fan but what he was rumoured to have said is entirely true. The man is not a coach.

While top players fall out with coaches, the best coaches find ways to get the best out of top talent. I think that Ozil was probably over indulged by Wenger who was guilty of having favourites, but I would not be surprised if the issue between Ozil and Emery is that Ozil has questioned his credentials. There is a whiff of little man syndrome over the way Emery has magaed the situation.

Özim
23-10-2019, 12:13 PM
I think when at PSG Neymar ran the show and Emery could do nothing about it, to compensate he came to us and made sure Ozil couldn't do the same.

In the end though, he's not coming out of this very well as we now have a team lacking creativity and he doesn't even put our most productive player over the years on the bench as an option.

But then it's hardly suprising for a man who wants to play Torreira as an attacking midfielder and Xhaka as his defensive midfielder and captain.

When Wenger went I thought it was the end of the illogical decisions by our manager, seems I was wrong, Emery seems to be making just as many weird decisions, from playing Xhaka as DM, not playing Tierney instead of Kolasinac, not giving holding a chance despite having two error prone centre backs and now even leaving Ceballos out, that was after playing AMN at full back despite his inability to play there.

Along with the lack of a system, the odd decisions are just as frustrating, what I wanted was a manager that when something isn't working doesn't stick to the same/team system and tries to change things to find a solution, we've managed to find another guy who can't see what's wrong.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-10-2019, 12:41 PM
He's a top flight middle table manager. I think that is clear now. The Europa league wins will be the height of his career.

Globalgunner
23-10-2019, 12:54 PM
The Wolves manager NES would be my first choice for the here and now. Assuming he can play with a bunch of footballers who arent sourced from somewhere in homeland Iberia. His Wolves team is chock a block with his countrymen. A truly versatile manager shouldnt have to go back home to find useful players. This team is full of talent, held back again by a dim manager.

Mac76
23-10-2019, 03:09 PM
The Wolves manager NES would be my first choice for the here and now. Assuming he can play with a bunch of footballers who arent sourced from somewhere in homeland Iberia. His Wolves team is chock a block with his countrymen. A truly versatile manager shouldnt have to go back home to find useful players. This team is full of talent, held back again by a dim manager.

you seem to be arguing against yourself there

i doubt he'd leave to be a temporary option, we'd have to commit to this season and next - and i'm not sure he's Arsenal material, we can surely attract a bigger more experienced name who's coached in the CL etc. which i don't think Santo has

Globalgunner
23-10-2019, 03:53 PM
I like the man, no logic to it. Just the way his teams play, with no fear and respect, no matter the opposition. The reason for the caveat is maybe he is getting players from home country that he knows and can easily gel with. I dont expect him to come to us and start dumping all the players we have in favour of say, buying all the players he has at Wolves. We need a manager to win this league, CL is not the target, getting there is. How many CL winning managers have come to the EPL and flopped, several. Its not a top priority for me anyway. Just getting away from the tedium of a manager who is so afraid of losing, he never actually tries to win.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Those pining for Mourinho need to remember that he actually rates Xhaka.

Globalgunner
02-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Unemployed Mourinho will do anything to get a job. Once he gets it, he reverts to toxic Mourinho

Bumble
02-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Those pining for Mourinho need to remember that he actually rates Xhaka.

I cant believe any arsenal fan pines for mourinho. Would happily not get top 4 than have him as manager

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-11-2019, 07:26 PM
There are quite a few of them. More by the day. I wouldn't have him near the club myself. I'm annoyed he was even allowed to watch the game the other day.

Letters
05-11-2019, 09:11 AM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11853372/unai-emerys-arsenal-are-in-decline-with-no-sign-of-progress

Mac76
05-11-2019, 10:15 AM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11853372/unai-emerys-arsenal-are-in-decline-with-no-sign-of-progress

why look unhappy?

it's a useful summary which hopefully people like Raul and Edu might see - the more people who point out Emery has to go the more the likelihood is that he will :)

Bumble
05-11-2019, 01:27 PM
why look unhappy?

it's a useful summary which hopefully people like Raul and Edu might see - the more people who point out Emery has to go the more the likelihood is that he will :)

you would like to hope so... unless stubbornness kicks in.

GP
05-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Xhaka has been stripped of the captaincy.

Mac76
05-11-2019, 07:52 PM
I also noticed he's not in the squad for Vittoria - although if that means he's in the Leicester lineup then god help us...

Globalgunner
05-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Best thing for all concerned is if Xhaka gets on his agent and finds a club in December, even if its a loan pending a proper transfer. He is close to toxic now

McNamara That Ghost...
05-11-2019, 08:29 PM
That lasted long. :lol:

Captain Auba? :bow:

I am invisible
05-11-2019, 08:37 PM
That lasted long. :lol:

Captain Auba? :bow:
If he’s stalling on signing a new deal then he’s nailed on!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-11-2019, 09:08 PM
Was kinda hoping our smiling top goal scorer would be free of this burden.

Too many fans eager to piss on your back and tell you it's raining.

Mac76
05-11-2019, 09:16 PM
Good article re Xhaka https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50309446

"The whole affair has been a mess of Emery's making, starting with letting a blind vote among Arsenal's players elect a captain rather than being strong enough to make the decision himself, ending with a figure who has never been a fans' favourite and has had a chequered career at the club with the armband."

Quite...

LDG
09-11-2019, 10:46 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50354757

:lol:

Bayern :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-11-2019, 11:00 AM
WUMger to win the Champions League in a blaze of glory.

Mac76
09-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Well it looks as though he's already pissed off Rumenigge by talking openly about something that Rumenigge publicly denied

Good work arsene :haha:

Letters
12-11-2019, 09:00 AM
https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/12/ian-wright-admits-he-will-miss-football-more-than-his-wife-nancy-in-im-a-celebrity-jungle-11081853/

Ian Wright Wright Wright :haha:

Marc Overmars
13-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Wenget is back!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50404854

Had a feeling he would take some sort of technical/development role. That was always one of his strengths at the peak of his powers.

dostoy
13-11-2019, 04:03 PM
I knew Bayern wouldn't want him, no decent football club would.

His time, which was at least 15 years ago, has long gone and he knows it.

He will never, ever return to Arsenal.

Thank God.

Özim
13-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Wenget is back!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50404854

Had a feeling he would take some sort of technical/development role. That was always one of his strengths at the peak of his powers.

Yeah he was never going to get another job as a manager after his performance with us, this is really the only kind of job he could get, kinda semi-retirement role.

Letters
13-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Well, of course. He's 70 :lol:
Wenger :bow:

Özim
13-11-2019, 05:31 PM

As I said the other day thats got nothing to do with it, he's been out of a job for 18 months, if someone wanted him he would have got a job by now. It's just that he's not much of a manager nowadays.

Bumble
13-11-2019, 05:40 PM

are you going to start supporting FIFA... as we all know how much you love Wenger sic

Globalgunner
13-11-2019, 05:44 PM
As I said the other day thats got nothing to do with it, he's been out of a job for 18 months, if someone wanted him he would have got a job by now. It's just that he's not much of a manager nowadays.

Ranieri and Hodgson are a similar age and doing well as managers and would be well sought after even now. Wenger has been dining out on the invincibles thing for 15 years. Why would Bayern want a manager who they thumped 5-1 three times in a row.

At least Letters is happy. So that's at least 2 persons on the planet. Maybe Ty is a 3rd.

Letters
13-11-2019, 05:49 PM

Cognitive Dissonance :bow:

Özim
13-11-2019, 05:51 PM
are you going to start supporting FIFA... as we all know how much you love Wenger sic

Özim
13-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Ranieri and Hodgson are a similar age and doing well as managers and would be well sought after even now. Wenger has been dining out on the invincibles thing for 15 years. Why would Bayern want a manager who they thumped 5-1 three times in a row.

At least Letters is happy. So that's at least 2 persons on the planet. Maybe Ty is a 3rd.

Spot on, if he was good enough clubs would be offering him jobs, Ferguson would have had job offers left right and centre if he hadn't retired when he did and decided to try his hand elsewhere.

Letters
13-11-2019, 05:53 PM

I think I'm going to have to hope he takes them down from the inside.

Letters
13-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Spot on, if he was good enough clubs would be offering him jobs, Ferguson would have had job offers left right and centre if he hadn't retired when he did and decided to try his hand elsewhere.

I love how butt-hurt you are at the senior role he's been given :pal:

:console:

Letters
13-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Ranieri and Hodgson are a similar age and doing well as managers.
Sampdoria are literally in the relegation zone :lol:

Özim
13-11-2019, 06:18 PM
I love how butt-hurt you are at the senior role he's been given :pal:

:console:

No pal, I'm not butt-burt just feeling vindicated, clearly no clubs thought he was worth a job offer which just supports my viewpoint that he was a very limited manager nobody would want, despite all the claims that there were all kinds of jobs available.

Özim
13-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Sampdoria are literally in the relegation zone :lol:

At least they got a job offer, it's more than your idol got lol

McNamara That Ghost...
13-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Wenger's desires for amount of passing equalling a goal is not far away. :bow:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-11-2019, 08:43 PM
I 'm delighted for him. Proper professor of the game and hope football benefits from it.

I do wonder if he has been out long enough to have gained some perspective on the latter part of his managerial tenure...and thus be able to return to management and be great again....