PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

LDG
13-11-2019, 09:56 PM
From @wengerknowsbest on twitter

“I must say, I am delighted to become FIFA’s new Chief of Global Football Development. It is an exceptional challenge and I look forward to correcting all the wrong decisions against Arsenal from 22 years. Firstly, we have now won the 2006 Champions League Final. Congratulations!”

Agent Wenger :bow:

Letters
15-11-2019, 09:06 AM
No pal, I'm not butt-burt just feeling vindicated.
"Any manager would be better than Wenger"
"I'm happy with Emery being appointed"

:haha:

Vindication :bow:

dostoy
15-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Carl Fletcher, the ex Leighton Orient manager might, just might, be a worse manager than Wenger was at the end.

Emery was better than Wenger last season but its proved to be a one off.

Wenger's time has gone, its long gone, and he should now be forgotten.

fakeyank
15-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Carl Fletcher, the ex Leighton Orient manager might, just might, be a worse manager than Wenger was at the end.

Emery was better than Wenger last season but its proved to be a one off.

Wenger's time has gone, its long gone, and he should now be forgotten.

A lot of fans still get wet dreams about Wenger though.. so they wont let go of him.

Letters
15-11-2019, 05:47 PM
No, they don’t.
I’ve literally not heard a single Arsenal fan say they’d want Wenger back.
Not saying that no one thinks that but it’s a tiny, tiny minority.
But the hyperbole about Wenger was bollox and has shown to be bollox.
It’s just bizarre that some people are refusing to concede that.

fakeyank
15-11-2019, 06:01 PM
No, they don’t.
I’ve literally not heard a single Arsenal fan say they’d want Wenger back.
Not saying that no one thinks that but it’s a tiny, tiny minority.
But the hyperbole about Wenger was bollox and has shown to be bollox.
It’s just bizarre that some people are refusing to concede that.

Arsenal fan sites have quite a few folks wanting him back: https://www.facebook.com/SarcasticGooner/photos/a.1770736539830344/2521413398095984/?type=3&theater

Besides this message board is an example of how he is still being brought up every day. Its like reminiscing about the ex-girlfriend daily and then saying "I have moved on.. I promise"

He is gone. Finished. Can we please move the F on from the dinosaur?! Lets talk about our current situation and discuss the current team and management.

dostoy
15-11-2019, 08:18 PM
He is gone. Finished. Can we please move the F on from the dinosaur?! Lets talk about our current situation and discuss the current team and management.

I couldn't put it better myself, I would be very happy if his name was never mentioned again.

He was a shit manager for the last few years he was here and it is best to forget him and look forward to the new manager, whoever that is and whenever that will happen.

Mac76
16-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Can we please move the F on from the dinosaur?!

can we leave Gunnersaurus out of this please - we all know he's not to blame ;)

Letters
18-11-2019, 08:40 AM
I couldn't put it better myself, I would be very happy if his name was never mentioned again.

He was a shit manager for the last few years he was here and it is best to forget him and look forward to the new manager, whoever that is and whenever that will happen.

See, I kinda agree we should move on. But then in your second sentence you double down on the bullshit which you and others were spouting before he left which has been shown to be bullshit.
So how about you stop spouting that bullshit and I'll stop pointing out it was and is bullshit? Does that sound fair?

Letters
18-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Besides this message board is an example of how he is still being brought up every day. Its like reminiscing about the ex-girlfriend daily and then saying "I have moved on.. I promise"

As above, fine up to a point but you were the one (or one of the ones) saying that they were the worst girlfriend ever and literally anyone would be better for us.
When it's repeatedly shown that was not the case then those who said that maybe they weren't quite as bad as you were making out have some right to say "told ya".
And the more times people double down and insist they were the worst girlfriend ever despite the new one shitting the bed every day, the more times other people will point that out.

In brief, #EmeryOut #NotWengerIn

GP
18-11-2019, 09:03 AM
OK Boomer.

Globalgunner
18-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Letters can keep this up all day. To quote the indefatigable Captain America

Letters
18-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Letters can keep this up all day.

That's what she said :cool:

GP
18-11-2019, 03:23 PM
I can assure you she most certainly did not.

dazthegooner
18-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Scary... :o

Mac76
21-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Meanwhile just to cheer us all up...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50508471

dazthegooner
21-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Yep Emery really wants to be sacked (hopefully)

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Freddie. :bow:

Scholes. :haha:

Who the fuck says 'proudness'?

www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11877402/freddie-ljungberg-laughs-off-criticism-from-paul-scholes-for-failing-to-wear-suit

GP
03-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Proudness?? :haha:

Master Splinter
03-12-2019, 09:22 PM
A new GW meme is born.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Proudness of London. :bow:

Mac76
04-12-2019, 11:17 AM
yeah, I'm looking forward to a pint of London Proudness later... :beer:

:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Our self-sustaining model is posting losses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50700719

:rose:

Niall_Quinn
07-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Our self-sustaining model is posting losses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50700719

:rose:

The Premier League club says average annual profit club from player sales over the past five seasons, including 2019-20, is £34m.

Can that be right? It's an epic scandal if true. I don't think that can be right.

Özim
07-12-2019, 08:17 PM
I remember many years ago people saying we shouldn't spend because we could be the new Leeds, the irony is that we're much closer to that now thanks to the owners, to think some people supported this guy over Usmanov, unbelievable really.

We now can't buy a win, we're probably the worst team in the league on form and even the relegation candidates fancy their chances against us and actually end up unlucky when they don't win, we're dropping down the table, we've deferred a load of payments when we bought players last summer which will affect any spending going forward and really required us to qualify for the CL which seems very unlikely now unless we miraculously win the EL.

We've got a number of players who aren't even Championship quality which we'll struggle to shift, our top players are on the verge of walking away with us unlikely to be able to replace them with the same quality due to the amount of time left on their contract and on top of that, after years keeping hold of Wenger before getting rid of him far too late, we added insult to injury by keeping Emery on too long as well and have now left a guy in charge with no experience who clearly is out of his depth with no sign of a new manager in sight and if you believe what you hear we can't afford a decent manager so will end up with someone like Arteta, this despite Wenger getting paid a huge amount when he was here and regularly getting pay rises for being 2nd rate and achieving nothing.

With the latest financial results the club value will probably drop like a stone, this is great news because hopefully it will encourage the owner to sell up before he loses more of his investment, so there's hope we might have a chance of getting a new owner some time, if not this club is likely to end up in the abyss, how the mighty have fallen, on reflection the stadium move appears to have been a poison chalice, it stopped Abramhovic considering buying us and meant we were bought out by a guy who has no interest in football or indeed Arsenal other than financially and even with that he doesn't seem to concerned about running the club into the ground.

This is probably one of the worst run clubs in football, which considering for years we've preached about how we were morally superior is very ironic, let this be a lesson to anyone who buys a football team on how not to run a club.

Letters
07-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Basically right.
Which is what I've been saying for years.
Whatever you think of Wenger, Emery or any other manager, our owners are a massively limiting factor.
We used to be a very well run club, now we are very poorly run.
I don't think you can say the stadium move was a mistake though, most clubs are moving, expanding or looking to. It was the only way we could really generate the money we need to attempt to compete in the modern game. There are a few factors in us failing to do so but that isn't one of them IMO.

GP
07-12-2019, 08:40 PM
The Stadium move was absolutely the right thing to do. Without question.

Özim
07-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Basically right.
Which is what I've been saying for years.
Whatever you think of Wenger, Emery or any other manager, our owners are a massively limiting factor.
We used to be a very well run club, now we are very poorly run.
I don't think you can say the stadium move was a mistake though, most clubs are moving, expanding or looking to. It was the only way we could really generate the money we need to attempt to compete in the modern game. There are a few factors in us failing to do so but that isn't one of them IMO.

For me the stadium was a sense that at the time Abramhovic was looking at clubs to buy and he didn't consider us due to the stadium debt and also in a sense that it encouraged someone like Kroenke who was effectively only interested in profit to invest, he clearly liked the look of the figures at the time. If we had a decent ownver/investor prior to buidling the stadium it might have been different but the fact we didn't brought about this scenario.

From what we've heard about his American franchises though, Kroenke doesn't seem overly concerned about running them into the ground (odd for someone who cares about finances) which is a worry right now, we know he knows nothing about football and actually have little interest in us, it seems we're happy to wait to find a new manager right now, the trouble is sometimes with these bad runs of form it's very very hard to get out of them and the longer they go on the harder it becomes, the Aubameyang news won't help morale either, we need to turn this around and quickly IMO before we end up in real relegation trouble and with the players we have who would want to bet their house on us surviving.

The only way to do that right now is get rid of all the backroom staff and bring in a top manager with a completely fresh approach and hope the players respond to it, not a popular choice of course but Mourinho would have been perfect for that IMO, now we have to hope we get someone like Simeone or Allegri.

Letters
07-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Agree we have to get in a top manager ASAP. I was pleased when they got rid of Emery - I think he deserved a chance to improve things this season, the end of last season was a disappointment but there were some tentative signs of improvement, to sack him would have been harsh. But what's weird is they seem to have sacked him without any plan for who to get next. If so then that's nuts. So now we're left with someone with no managerial experience trying to steer us out of trouble. What a mess :(

Gooner23
08-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Everton with the new manager bounce yesterday. Our useless wankers couldn't even give the fans that.

I always hated playing Monday nights but at the moment it's quite nice not having my weekend ruined.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Whatever you think of the owners at Chelsea and City, vanity project or not, it has only ever been about elevating the club to new heights through on the pitch success, the commercial side takes care of itself after that. There's no doubt that we have the worst kind of owner, someone who is only interested in the balance sheet - and judging by the latest set of results, even that isn't looking too hot now the team is on the slide. A total mockery of the self-sustaining model they have so proudly boasted about for years.

The club is a mess, pound for pound we are one of the worst teams in the league, along with probably Neverton.

I feel like the heart and soul of this club has been ripped out and until we get some footballing men at the top who understand what The Arsenal should be, then we will forever be stuck in this rut.

dazthegooner
11-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Well Tierney has a dislocated shoulder :) but on the plus side Xhaka has concussion so will miss the next two matches :good: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11883830/kieran-tierney-dislocated-shoulder-in-arsenals-win-at-west-ham

Letters
11-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Xhaka has concussion so will miss the next two matches

Whoever threw that coin :bow:

Özim
11-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Well Tierney has a dislocated shoulder :) but on the plus side Xhaka has concussion so will miss the next two matches :good: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11883830/kieran-tierney-dislocated-shoulder-in-arsenals-win-at-west-ham

Shame about Tierney, however great news with Xhaka, just wish he was out longer, much longer so we don't need to watch him play for us again.

Mac76
11-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Whoever threw that coin :bow:

no problem :ninja: ;)

Bumble
11-12-2019, 05:45 PM
there are a few useful teams dropping out from the Champions League
Ajax, Inter, Salzburg, Benfica plus United and Wolves... its not going to a cake walk to the final

fakeyank
11-12-2019, 08:15 PM
there are a few useful teams dropping out from the Champions League
Ajax, Inter, Salzburg, Benfica plus United and Wolves... its not going to a cake walk to the final

I dont think anyone realistically expects us to go beyond the QF.

Letters
14-12-2019, 06:38 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50795173

:popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-12-2019, 09:02 AM
It's difficult to back Ozil on this when Erdogan is his mate.

Niall_Quinn
15-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Provided Ozil doesn't himself try to link the club with his political views, or football in general, then he (like everyone outside gulag states such as China) is entitled to an opinion. Trouble is, he's stating the opinion on a Twitter account that is generally used to discuss the club and football. So he should put a sock in it or get a second Twitter account. The club has done the right thing to distance itself, because politics has absolutely no place in sport. Sport is meant to be an escape from that shit, not another avenue for it.

The Premier League should take note and shut the fuck up with all the political bullshit it pushes on the fans too. Like the bollocks rainbow stuff.

Meanwhile the dictators in China have pulled today's game from their screens because the feelings of Chinese fans have been hurt, apparently. They should know. They monitor absolutely every aspect of everyone's lives. I've heard there are quite a few Chinese people who are more than offended at the repressive and regressive nature of their government, especially in Hong Kong.

Mac76
15-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Provided Ozil doesn't himself try to link the club with his political views, or football in general, then he (like everyone outside gulag states such as China) is entitled to an opinion. Trouble is, he's stating the opinion on a Twitter account that is generally used to discuss the club and football. So he should put a sock in it or get a second Twitter account. The club has done the right thing to distance itself, because politics has absolutely no place in sport. Sport is meant to be an escape from that shit, not another avenue for it.

The Premier League should take note and shut the fuck up with all the political bullshit it pushes on the fans too. Like the bollocks rainbow stuff.

Meanwhile the dictators in China have pulled today's game from their screens because the feelings of Chinese fans have been hurt, apparently. They should know. They monitor absolutely every aspect of everyone's lives. I've heard there are quite a few Chinese people who are more than offended at the repressive and regressive nature of their government, especially in Hong Kong.

Agree with most of that, but i think the PL would argue the rainbow thing is not 'political' but rather just generally preaching tolerance...?

Letters
18-12-2019, 01:56 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50685505

Spurs are actually ahead of us in the table of the decade! :angry:

Quite surprised, I guess when we've finished above them it's been by a whisker whereas for a couple of seasons they were miles ahead of us.

In brief: Wenger Out!

Marc Overmars
18-12-2019, 02:01 PM
City with a GD of +500. :lol:

Mac76
18-12-2019, 02:40 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50685505

Quite surprised, I guess when we've finished above them it's been by a whisker whereas for a couple of seasons they were miles ahead of us.

In brief: Wenger Out!

Only because they go by 'points per game' rather than overall points - otherwise we'd be above spuds

Personally i think overall points is a better measure... :sulk:

dazthegooner
18-12-2019, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Letters;4501618]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50685505

Do the spuds get a trophy for that? :)

I am invisible
18-12-2019, 03:15 PM
No, but there's probably a DVD

Letters
18-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Only because they go by 'points per game' rather than overall points - otherwise we'd be above spuds

Personally i think overall points is a better measure... :sulk:

Even so, there's only a point in it and they have a game in hand. Surprised it's so close.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Precious Arsenal fans at it again, this time targeting Auba for refusing to call out his brother for mentioning Arteta has no managerial experience. Apparently Auba now needs to be stripped of the captaincy.

Clever bastards, these Twitter tourist fans that (from what I can see) now make up the majority of the fan base. If they can piss Auba off enough, maybe we can force our best goalscorer out of the club. That'll help a lot I'm sure.

Do we now have the worst fans in football? I can't think of any other club with such shitty, pathetic so-called fans. Not ALL the fans, of course. But a lot of them.

Mac76
18-12-2019, 04:12 PM
i was disappointed when people booed the team at HT in the Citeh game, - i understood while Emery was there, as it was a way to try to get rid of him, but the team on Sunday needed encouragement not boos.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2019, 05:35 PM
I don’t think you’ll find another fanbase as disconnected with its club as ours is.

There’s a younger generation who know nothing but failure and the banter years, while the older fans have been so mind fucked by everything that’s happened since 2004 they can no longer trust in any process we may embark on.

Social media retards are everywhere though. I despise what those platforms have helped spawn.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Precious Arsenal fans at it again, this time targeting Auba for refusing to call out his brother for mentioning Arteta has no managerial experience. Apparently Auba now needs to be stripped of the captaincy.

Clever bastards, these Twitter tourist fans that (from what I can see) now make up the majority of the fan base. If they can piss Auba off enough, maybe we can force our best goalscorer out of the club. That'll help a lot I'm sure.

Do we now have the worst fans in football? I can't think of any other club with such shitty, pathetic so-called fans. Not ALL the fans, of course. But a lot of them.

It's hardly a controversial opinion his Brother saying Arteta is inexperienced. The media need to take responsibility though, blowing it up like he insulted his mum.

Letters
18-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Sign him up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_zbrxAQtoI

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2019, 12:29 AM
I wonder if Vivianne Miedema is up for a sex change op?

I generally think women's football is a joke. But, out of sheer desperation at the antics of the so-called males playing the game today (especially our lot), I watched highlights of our women against Bristol City. Now it needs to be stressed, that Bristol City team is hilarious - birds running around the shop waving their nails and tripping on their high-heels. So we beat them 11-1 and Miedema scored 6. Six of the most composed finishes you'll see. And... WTF?... the women's team can pass. And they move the ball quickly from back, through the middle and into the danger zone. I hate to say it, but I was quite impressed. It was watchable. I didn't feel the urge to collapse in hysterics at any point. Okay, so I don't think I could watch a whole game (but maybe I could considering I watch each new 90 min shit show from the men), but seriously, we should get the gender doc involved and sign some of these girls up because they look like they have a lot more about them than the drips we have rolling out for the first eleven.

Also, our girls aren't those stupid yank lesbians. So that's a pretty huge plus.

Globalgunner
19-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Miedema is quite special. I agree. We should just switch the coaches. The male counterparts are shit

GP
19-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Miedema is like a Dutch Dennis Bergkamp.

Mac76
19-12-2019, 09:59 AM
I wonder if Vivianne Miedema is up for a sex change op?

I generally think women's football is a joke. But, out of sheer desperation at the antics of the so-called males playing the game today (especially our lot), I watched highlights of our women against Bristol City. Now it needs to be stressed, that Bristol City team is hilarious - birds running around the shop waving their nails and tripping on their high-heels. So we beat them 11-1 and Miedema scored 6. Six of the most composed finishes you'll see. And... WTF?... the women's team can pass. And they move the ball quickly from back, through the middle and into the danger zone. I hate to say it, but I was quite impressed. It was watchable. I didn't feel the urge to collapse in hysterics at any point. Okay, so I don't think I could watch a whole game (but maybe I could considering I watch each new 90 min shit show from the men), but seriously, we should get the gender doc involved and sign some of these girls up because they look like they have a lot more about them than the drips we have rolling out for the first eleven.

Also, our girls aren't those stupid yank lesbians. So that's a pretty huge plus.

Why do you 'hate to say it'? Women's football used to be unwatchable - except for laughs - but yes it's much better now and surely that's a good thing, after all they could up being Arsenal's main team at this rate, winning trophies while the men are playing Bolton in the lower leagues :lol:

Letters
19-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Ozil removed from Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 in China :haha:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50843797

Bumble
19-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Ozil removed from Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 in China :haha:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50843797

would anyone notice?

AFC Leveller
28-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Grealish would be a good signing for us.

I am invisible
28-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Grealish would be a good signing for us.
Sounds like he’s angling after a move to Man U - could see that one happening, tbh

AFC Leveller
28-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Sounds like he’s angling after a move to Man U - could see that one happening, tbh

They were meant to be after Madisson, but I honestly think Grealish is just as good.

I am invisible
28-12-2019, 05:03 PM
They were meant to be after Madisson, but I honestly think Grealish is just as good.
Hmmm... Maddison to United for £100m because they’re idiots > Grealish to Leicester for a 1/3 of the price... could be worth a tenner?

Özim
28-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Grealish is very good, has been touted as the next greatest thing for a while, looks like he's the real deal in this case. Do we ever go for players like this though?

I am invisible
28-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Grealish is very good, has been touted as the next greatest thing for a while, looks like he's the real deal in this case. Do we ever go for players like this though?
Depends if you’re talking about when they’re being touted / hyped, but are still unproven, or after they’ve had a breakthrough season at Prem level?

Özim
28-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Depends if you’re talking about when they’re being touted / hyped, but are still unproven, or after they’ve had a breakthrough season at Prem level?

From what I can tell we never sign those who have had a breakthrough season in the PL, we have in the past signed hyped players however, generally the wrong ones who don't end up making it.

I am invisible
28-12-2019, 06:37 PM
From what I can tell we never sign those who have had a breakthrough season in the PL, we have in the past signed hyped players however, generally the wrong ones who don't end up making it.
Yeah, we don’t ever do that - doubt we ever will now, unless the Kroenkes sell us to the King of China.

Tbh I haven’t got the energy left to keep hoping for things that probably won’t happen. If our thing is going to be rolling the dice on pre-breakthrough players and complete unknowns then that’s fine - I can still get behind it - but let’s at least make sure we’re investing in the best scouts, data analysts, and permanent / internal coaching staff to back it up, and aren’t just flinging shit at the wall and seeing what sticks...

Letters
28-12-2019, 06:42 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-man-utd-arsenal-struggling-21171259

Well...at least we aren’t bottom :unsure:

I am invisible
28-12-2019, 06:52 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-man-utd-arsenal-struggling-21171259

Man U :pal:

:unsure:

Bumble
29-12-2019, 04:57 AM

Bit stupid really. Liverpool are 9th but could only get 2 more points so hardly underachieving.

AFC Leveller
10-01-2020, 02:53 PM
https://www.givemesport.com/1536769-how-the-201920-premier-league-table-would-look-if-every-refereeing-decision-was-correct?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=web-view&utm_campaign=organic-social

We would be 5th with 9 more points had VAR got every decision right.

Mac76
10-01-2020, 03:00 PM
blud, fam ... Arsenal Fan TV makes £273,385.70 (at today's exchange rates) a month...

https://www.prolificlondon.co.uk/digital-news/tech-news/2020/01/arsenal-fan-tv-ranked-uks-highest-earning-fan-sports-channel-youtube?utm_source=Prolific%20London%20Subscribers&utm_campaign=94f0e60b17-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_10_02_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31482b5f10-94f0e60b17-153793581

no wonder that big guy also looks so jolly...

I am invisible
10-01-2020, 05:10 PM
https://www.givemesport.com/1536769-how-the-201920-premier-league-table-would-look-if-every-refereeing-decision-was-correct?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=web-view&utm_campaign=organic-social

We would be 5th with 9 more points had VAR got every decision right.

Yeah, but we might also still have Emery in charge, so let's not be too harsh on them.

dazthegooner
10-01-2020, 05:21 PM
Smith-Rowe has gone to Huddersfield on loan for the rest of the season.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2020, 11:44 AM
blud, fam ... Arsenal Fan TV makes £273,385.70 (at today's exchange rates) a month...

https://www.prolificlondon.co.uk/digital-news/tech-news/2020/01/arsenal-fan-tv-ranked-uks-highest-earning-fan-sports-channel-youtube?utm_source=Prolific%20London%20Subscribers&utm_campaign=94f0e60b17-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_10_02_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31482b5f10-94f0e60b17-153793581

no wonder that big guy also looks so jolly...

Well they can sign a CB for us this month then.

Marc Overmars
20-01-2020, 02:33 PM
Wenger admits we left our soul at Highbury.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-admits-arsenal-lost-21312779

You’re not wrong there old man.

dazthegooner
20-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Didn't we apply to extend Highbury but were told that there wasn't the room to do so.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Yeah, but we might also still have Emery in charge, so let's not be too harsh on them.

Raul might have actually extended his contract. F'in Hell!

Letters
24-01-2020, 11:36 AM
I knew Arsenal were bad for my health...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51222376

Master Splinter
24-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Mental stress more obviously, considering that many can't seem to formulate responses in discussions detached from emotion.

Mac76
24-01-2020, 12:52 PM
I knew Arsenal were bad for my health...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51222376

Mustafi specifically - i nearly burst a blood vessel when he allowed Zaha to take the ball in the home game last season - i'd had a really nice day up to that point and he fuhking ruined it :fury:

Marc Overmars
24-01-2020, 01:25 PM
Definitely something in that. My dad was a hardcore fan growing up and he’d always be in a state of joy or depression after coming home from a game. He had very high blood pressure and eventually had to take a step back and now watches from his armchair when he can be bothered. As much as I love the club, I’m glad I’ve been able to keep the emotion at the door and not let it creep into my normal life.

Far more important things in life than following football that is for sure.

Letters
24-01-2020, 01:30 PM
Some of the times I've been happiest and angriest/most upset have been watching Arsenal or England (Euro '96 semi-final was a real punch in the nuts, on the positive side a last minute winner in a big game evokes an emotion very hard to replicate in any other circumstance).

Quite glad I've stepped away from things now. Hard to completely detach from it but I'm not really that fussed about results these days, still a pang of irritation (mostly!) or pleasure but not like it used to be.

fakeyank
24-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Some of the times I've been happiest and angriest/most upset have been watching Arsenal or England (Euro '96 semi-final was a real punch in the nuts, on the positive side a last minute winner in a big game evokes an emotion very hard to replicate in any other circumstance).

Quite glad I've stepped away from things now. Hard to completely detach from it but I'm not really that fussed about results these days, still a pang of irritation (mostly!) or pleasure but not like it used to be.

I am the same. But do you see yourself changing if Arsenal become dominant like the early 2000 again?

Marc Overmars
24-01-2020, 02:39 PM
I am the same. But do you see yourself changing if Arsenal become dominant like the early 2000 again?

Funnily enough I had this chat with a mate of mine recently who is also going through a bit of "meh" period with football.

I don't see myself ever being as dedicated again but the last 10-15 years have made me appreciate how good we had it and if we ever reached that level again it's not something I would take for granted. However I've got a 5 month old now and enjoying my time with him in the evenings and weekends is where I'd rather be than at a game. I am looking forward to when I can start taking him to games in the future though, maybe that buzz will come back then.

Mac76
24-01-2020, 02:40 PM
it doesn't help that the world's a pretty shit place now and for me at least football's supposed to be a welcome distraction, but when things there are bad there too it's a real downer.

The guys on the Arseblog podcasst were even apologising to the listeners towards the end of Emery's regime, becuse the conversation was so downbeat, at least things are getting better under Mikel - I was sorry not to have watched the game, but even seeing the highlights, that Martineli goal was a great moment and i like the idea a lot of other fans will have seen that and that he's an Arsenal player - even if it means the Barcas of this world might try to turn his head...

it's those moments that are what's so great about football

Letters
24-01-2020, 03:19 PM

I don't think so. I mean, maybe a bit - I'd probably be more invested if we weren't so bloody awful. When Emery took over it did pique my interest and I started watching games more again for a bit.
But the days of me going to games regularly and having aneurysms when we lose are probably gone for good.
Partly a feature of getting older I think. And, like you, I have other priorities now.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2020, 10:45 PM

No. Because football itself is shit. It's mostly a girl's game now. I guess it's a reflection of a limp-wristed, feminist, faggy/ tranny world. But not just football. Boxing. F1. All the main sports I loved have gone a bit gay.

Would much rather have Vieira/ Keane, Tyson, Senna than anything on offer today. It's not a nostalgia thing either. Look at the teams and the rivalries of the past and compare. Modern day everything sucks huge. Mostly because women want to be men and quite a lot of men are quite happy being women. It's all very fucked up.

I was totally tuned out of Arsenal because the last painful years of Wenger and the new reign of Wenger Mk II were just so horrifically predictable. But Arteta has sparked my interest again. A bit. Mainly because he's an unknown quantity, so something (anything) different might happen. But I'll never be as invested as I used to be when the game was played by men.

Not that I don't like certain female sports. I love the Olympics. Although now cheating fags posing as women can enter the womens' events I guess that will be ruined too.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-01-2020, 05:30 PM
https://www.arsenal.com/news/first-team-squad-set-dubai-training-camp

One win and they get rewarded with a jolly up!

Globalgunner
28-01-2020, 06:03 PM
https://www.arsenal.com/news/first-team-squad-set-dubai-training-camp

One win and they get rewarded with a jolly up!

I thought we were broke

McNamara That Ghost...
28-01-2020, 07:03 PM
They're flying via Ryanair.

Bumble
29-01-2020, 09:30 PM
If they beat west ham liverpool only need one win to stop us winning the league this season.

Also can liverpool go unbeaten this season and is this liverpool better than our invincibles

Marc Overmars
30-01-2020, 06:18 AM
Well let’s see if they go unbeaten first. Statistically at least, they could be considered better as they will most likely end up with more wins, more points, more goals scored and less conceded than us. It’s all about whether they keep the 0 in the L column.

Plus given fact they did the one thing we failed miserably at (win the CL) it’s difficult to argue.

Can we even still sing the 49 undefeated song if they top that? :(

Özim
30-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Liverpool have got more than double the amount of points than we have and are 40 points ahead of us!

Mac76
30-01-2020, 09:29 AM

technically yes because the 49 song doesn't say anything about being better than anyone else - on the other hand being better than anyone else is why we sing it

so we probably won't be in the mood to sing it as often... :(

'Pool have Saints at home next - maybe Danny Ings can save us :pray:

Niall_Quinn
30-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Well let’s see if they go unbeaten first. Statistically at least, they could be considered better as they will most likely end up with more wins, more points, more goals scored and less conceded than us. It’s all about whether they keep the 0 in the L column.

Plus given fact they did the one thing we failed miserably at (win the CL) it’s difficult to argue.

We still sing, "We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen!"

In the cold light of day, that claim may not be strictly true.

Letters
30-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Liverpool have got more than double the amount of points than we have and are 40 points ahead of us!

One more win and we won't be able to catch them :lol: :(
And with 14 games left they have 70 points, we won it with 78 in Wenger's first full season with us.

:wacko:

Letters
30-01-2020, 11:38 AM
I don't think we can even console ourselves with "yeah, but everyone else is terrible this year".
We had 58 points at this stage in 2003/4, Utd had 56 and Chelsea 52.
After that it's all the way down to Newcastle on 37 points in 4th.
Liverpool would still be 12 points clear of The Invincibles. There has never been a team this much better than everyone.
The Invincibles is the only thing we can cling on to, I can't see Liverpool losing a game but there's a chance once they've won the title and the CL becomes the priority I guess.

Bumble
02-02-2020, 08:43 AM
We cant win the league. Liverpool play city away to equal unbeaten record if it gets that far. Villa home to break it.

They are brilliantly efficient side. Not as exciting as couple of years ago when they were dodgy at the back and keeper but since then quality recruits in the right places has made them a class apart. It is the model that we should be looking to emulate. Dont be afraid to sell a player if the price is right.

Letters
02-02-2020, 08:56 AM
How the mighty have fallen :lol:

https://www.cameo.com/tonyadams

GP
02-02-2020, 10:02 AM
How the mighty have fallen :lol:

My new favourite website

https://www.cameo.com/steveguttenberg

McNamara That Ghost...
02-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Our brave boys are off to Dubai.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2020, 05:23 PM

How to I get me one of them professional footballer gigs?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Apparently by doing very little.

Letters
02-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Apparently by doing very little.

Now that’s not fair.
They are always pratting around on social media.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2020, 01:51 PM
How could I forget? They commentate on past glories.

Well, match wins.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2020, 02:00 PM
I thought teams aren’t even supposed to train during a “winter break”? They don’t in other leagues.

Not that our precious lot deserve any time off whatsoever.

Mac76
03-02-2020, 03:09 PM
they're not allowed to play in any matches, including friendlies - the quote repeated from the PL's letter to clubs is that they are "expected to honour and respect the underlying rationale for the mid-season player break, namely to provide their players with a break from the physical and mental rigours of playing matches during the season.”

hence Klopp telling them to stuff it for the FAC replay

but i guess light training in a hot climate is judged to be ok

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2020, 07:46 PM
Arteta wants them to live together or something. I don't know why.

Imagine Xhaka fetching a round. He'd pull the barman down at the crucial moment. :ninja:

Also, I was having a look at Arsenal-Mania to see what they think of us at the moment.

Lesson learned: It has mania in the title for a reason, the weirdos are talking about loaning Martinelli out. :wacko:

Özim
03-02-2020, 08:46 PM

Maybe Arteta is trying to create more team spirit so we can get more draws.

Mac76
04-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Arteta wants them to live together or something. I don't know why.

Imagine Xhaka fetching a round. He'd pull the barman down at the crucial moment. :ninja:

Also, I was having a look at Arsenal-Mania to see what they think of us at the moment.

Lesson learned: It has mania in the title for a reason, the weirdos are talking about loaning Martinelli out. :wacko:

i used to be on Arsenal mania before i came here,. but some IT bug meant i couldn't log on any more - i wasn't intentionally blocked or anything, it was just some wierd thing, it affected others as well.

anyway it's good here so i don't regret it - a ssmaller but more select crew ;)

Letters
04-02-2020, 11:19 AM
i used to be on Arsenal mania before i came here,. but some IT bug meant i couldn't log on any more - i wasn't intentionally blocked or anything, it was just some wierd thing, it affected others as well.

anyway it's good here so i don't regret it - a ssmaller but more select crew ;)

Mania reject, Mania reject
Whoa-whoa.

By which I mean good to have you here.

Letters
04-02-2020, 11:19 AM
Maybe Arteta is trying to create more team spirit so we can get more draws.

Newcastle's record of 17 draws in a season isn't going to break itself.

:scarf:

Letters
04-02-2020, 11:33 AM

Tony Adams $100. Ledley King...$50

https://www.cameo.com/king

:pal:

Özim
04-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Newcastle's record of 17 draws in a season isn't going to break itself.

:scarf:

It looks like the invincibles unbeaten run is going to be beaten, but don't worry we're working on a new record of our own.:scarf:

Letters
04-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Maybe next year we're going to aim for the ultimate run:

P38 W0 D38 L0 F0 A0 Pts38

Invincibles and relegation :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2020, 01:49 PM
You should stop earning any points for a draw after a certain amount. :lol:

GP
04-02-2020, 02:24 PM

BinVincibles

Mac76
04-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Mania reject, Mania reject
Whoa-whoa.

By which I mean good to have you here.

i did think of having an 'Arsenal Mania but I can't get in' sig but decided against it... :lol:

I am invisible
05-02-2020, 08:18 AM

People need to start getting ‘woke’ about this shit! The whole system of winners and losers is demeaning and oppressive - draws are the only way to ensure equality in sport.

In summary, Liverpool are history’s greatest monsters.

Letters
05-02-2020, 10:06 PM
Fun fact*. Liverpool could have stopped playing any games on 2nd November and would still have as many points as Arsenal do now. <_<

*I haven’t checked this.

Letters
06-02-2020, 09:14 AM
I have now checked this and yes, they'd be above us on goal difference :ilt:

dazthegooner
06-02-2020, 09:41 AM
So there is hope? :unsure:

Letters
06-02-2020, 09:57 AM
No.

No there isn't.

:ilt:

Özim
06-02-2020, 10:01 AM
I have now checked this and yes, they'd be above us on goal difference :ilt:

Yes well they're 42 points ahead of us (yes 42!!) and have more than double the amount of points we have.

Even if we doubled our points tally we'd still be 11 points behind them.

Letters
06-02-2020, 10:29 AM
In brief:

Wenger In! :bow:

:run:

dazthegooner
06-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Yeah you'd better run... :threaten:

Bumble
06-02-2020, 01:24 PM
Yes well they're 42 points ahead of us (yes 42!!) and have more than double the amount of points we have.

Even if we doubled our points tally we'd still be 11 points behind them.

to be fair Liverpool are having a freakish season... no team ever had this many points at this stage of the season. So we should be looking at City instead... we are nearer City than City are to Liverpool. So that's a positive.

Özim
06-02-2020, 02:00 PM
to be fair Liverpool are having a freakish season... no team ever had this many points at this stage of the season. So we should be looking at City instead... we are nearer City than City are to Liverpool. So that's a positive.

Trube but City have already lost 6 games this season so are having a poor season, the real marker is probably somewhere in between, but either way we're still miles off.

I think maybe around 60 points would be a good number right now, on that basis we'd still be about 29 points behind.

Letters
06-02-2020, 02:35 PM
The Invincibles only had 61 at this stage. Liverpool had 62 at this stage last year.
I think "good" is a bit of an understatement.

Letters
10-02-2020, 08:00 PM
They give me the hump...

https://i.ibb.co/d0hk0fY/E970-B5-E7-3290-4-C2-B-A130-F07859-CB338-C.jpg

Globalgunner
10-02-2020, 08:02 PM
Is that Granit being led by a rope. Its about his top speed

McNamara That Ghost...
11-02-2020, 08:30 AM
You can lead a camel to water but you can't make it score goals.

Mac76
11-02-2020, 08:43 AM
Xhaka shows his skills in the video of them training - trying to run between posts and barges into every single one :haha:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/were-just-trying-get-better-every-single-day#

Letters
13-02-2020, 09:39 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51395268

Flopp :haha:

Mac76
13-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Miedema :bow:

"Relegation-threatened Liverpool" :lol:

Letters
16-02-2020, 07:48 PM
Ian Wright, Wright, Wright :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51516452/ian-wright-tearfully-remembers-childhood-teacher

:upset:

Letters
16-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Dammit!

https://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/liverpool-awarded-1988-89-league-title-after-historic-var-appeal-cancels-arsenals-winner/

Graham Out!

Globalgunner
23-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Saw an interview with our lad Bellerin. Cant get over how he sounds just like any other young London lad. Not a trace of Spanish accent. Pires was here 10 years and could barely speak English.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2020, 01:24 AM
We don't have to wait long to play our game in hand.

Wednesday 11th March for Arteta's homecoming to Citeh at 19:30 GMT.

Quite short notice for the away fans to organise travel though.

However our game due for Southampton away later this month will now be postponed instead, due to our FA Cup involvement. :lol:

Letters
04-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Saw an interview with our lad Bellerin. Cant get over how he sounds just like any other young London lad. Not a trace of Spanish accent. Pires was here 10 years and could barely speak English.

There's a lady at my church who is Chinese. She's been here 18 years and still can't English.
She keeps to the Chinese community in London mostly.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Most Chinese folk are like that really. Only really mix in their own circles.

Which is probably for the best. :ninja:

Mac76
04-03-2020, 12:04 PM
There's a lady at my church who is Chinese. She's been here 18 years and still can't English.
She keeps to the Chinese community in London mostly.

nor can you by the looks of it... :haha:

Globalgunner
04-03-2020, 12:40 PM

Now that one`s gonna hurt

Letters
04-03-2020, 01:35 PM

:doh:

https://i.ibb.co/HBHs6Bn/thatsthejoke.jpg

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2020, 01:35 PM

As long as they can understand numb-thir-threeee-swee-an-sowe, I'm fine with them.

Letters
04-03-2020, 01:39 PM

Someone on the Tube yesterday wearing a mask and goggles :doh:
Obviously I made a point of standing near him and loudly coughing in his direction.

Mac76
04-03-2020, 02:25 PM

https://i.ibb.co/HBHs6Bn/thatsthejoke.jpg

o sure of course... :rolleyes:

GP
04-03-2020, 03:26 PM
LOLtters :haha:

Letters
04-03-2020, 04:19 PM
<_<

Letters
08-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Eek!

https://www.mylondon.news/news/north-london-news/live-arsenal-tavern-roof-collapses-17886951

Globalgunner
09-03-2020, 07:21 AM
Ah! me old neighborhood. Hope no drunk was sleeping inside.

Letters
09-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Ah! me old neighborhood. Hope no drunk was sleeping inside.

Anyone heard from daz? :unsure:

Mac76
09-03-2020, 10:21 AM
noone was really hurt apparently - good thing it didn't happen the day before

Letters
09-03-2020, 11:00 AM
Sign him up, Mikel :cool:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/51793798

McNamara That Ghost...
09-03-2020, 11:06 PM

That'd be funny!

Letters
10-03-2020, 06:46 AM
TUT!!

Globalgunner
10-03-2020, 08:55 AM
He`s almost as old as Letters but at least he can still score.

Letters
10-03-2020, 10:10 AM
<_<

I'm not that old :p

The rest...yeah, fair enough :(

GP
12-03-2020, 10:22 PM
https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-covid-19

Arteta has Corona virus :doh:

Letters
12-03-2020, 10:28 PM

A mate just sent me that. Bloody hell :doh:

Chippy
12-03-2020, 10:42 PM
A mate just sent me that. Bloody hell :doh:
Only a matter of time before the whole season is cancelled.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 10:52 PM

He'll be fine, and so will his hair.

Marc Overmars
12-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Cancel the season. FFS.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-03-2020, 11:05 PM
I was actually being a little serious with the Liverpool thing. There is an iota of a case to null and void the season.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 11:05 PM
Cancel the season. FFS.

It's inevitable.

Which is a shame because we were on a run and I'm close on 100% sure we would have won all our remaining games.

Robbed, tbf.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 11:07 PM
I was actually being a little serious with the Liverpool thing. There is an iota of a case to null and void the season.

No way. They were so far ahead of everyone else, just give them the damn title. They need one more week of results to go their way and they win it anyway. Could you imagine how it would feel if we'd been that dominant and missed out? Would be robbery in the extreme if they didn't win it.

Letters
12-03-2020, 11:10 PM
They can have the title. But there will always be an asterisk by it.
Asterisks :pal:

Marc Overmars
13-03-2020, 12:47 AM
So what now? Presumably we won’t even be able to train for at least 2 weeks and in those 2 weeks more and more will be found positive. Leicester have had 3 players with symptoms so we’ll see what happens there.

I don’t really see how the league should be able to continue.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2020, 01:10 AM
Get well soon Arteta plus anyone else within the club that gets it. :(

A Gunner
13-03-2020, 02:53 AM

And it'd be a good thing, they've already lost a match! It won't be withtout losing with an asterisk.

A Gunner
13-03-2020, 03:08 AM

I think most "foreigners" are like that.

I am invisible
13-03-2020, 07:05 AM
Chelsea players testing positive now too

I am invisible
13-03-2020, 07:09 AM
No open-top bus parade either. No gatherings! Celebrate at home, in isolation please. Is social media included in social distancing?

Letters
13-03-2020, 07:28 AM
And it'd be a good thing, they've already lost a match! It won't be withtout losing with an asterisk.

Yes! Good shout. Had they been unbeaten so far then they could have always claimed they'd have matched The Invincibles.

Letters
13-03-2020, 07:32 AM
If they cancel the rest of the season and award Liverpool the title, with our record in the competition I think we can all agree it's only fair to award us the FA Cup.

:cool:

Globalgunner
13-03-2020, 07:33 AM
This shit suddenly became all too real.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 09:07 AM
Bottom line is Arteta caught this virus because UEFA are incredibly greedy cunts. For 2 months all the big money bastards have been pushing business as usual, the spice must flow! So send the teams around Europe, have countless thousands of fans travelling to every major city. Money, money, money.

They can bang on about "the science" and "flattening the peak" all they want, but even a fool knows you don't arrange mass gatherings during a pandemic. And everyone knew it was a pandemic a month before it was officially announced. Which was also a dogshit move by the long discredited WHO, who to this day claim it's safe to drink water contaminated with depleted uranium. That's the sort of sold-out, for hire whores they are.

I don't see people panicking. Not so far anyway. The only panic I see is from money men. The things that worry regular human beings are the lies and the lack of real information coming from the corporateers and their political puppets.

Shut it down you greedy bastards.

Özim
13-03-2020, 11:12 AM
English football postponed until 3rd April

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51867989

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 11:19 AM
We've gone another month unbeaten. And Liverpool won't have won a game in weeks.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2020, 11:27 AM
If the government expect the peak of the virus to hit in April/May, I'm not sure how the season can be safely concluded. I guess the Euro's will have to be postponed too, though I'm still holding out slight hope for that because I have tickets for 2 matches. :pray:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 11:31 AM
If the government expect the peak of the virus to hit in April/May, I'm not sure how the season can be safely concluded. I guess the Euro's will have to be postponed too, though I'm still holding out slight hope for that because I have tickets for 2 matches. :pray:

I thought the Euros were already postponed?

BBC really is fake news. Yesterday they said the Aussie GP was called off. But it still seems to be going ahead.

Özim
13-03-2020, 01:32 PM
I thought the Euros were already postponed?

BBC really is fake news. Yesterday they said the Aussie GP was called off. But it still seems to be going ahead.

The Australian GP is cancelled from what I can tell:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-fia-and-agpc-announce-cancellation-of-the-2020-australian-grand.KKpXZDcd77WbO6T0MGoO7.html

Letters
13-03-2020, 01:45 PM
BBC :bow:

GP
13-03-2020, 02:05 PM

Triggered Trumpist Tory Boomers :pal:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 02:31 PM

Wrong. They announced it hours before the decision was made.

But then again, the BBC has a bit of a track record of announcing things that haven't quite happened yet.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 02:35 PM

Triggered Trumpist Tory Boomers :pal:

No requirement for "Trumpists" or Torys to be triggered by anything is there? Considering the win, win. Other way around isn't it? RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!

Like the Boomers thing. Whatever ailments affecting Boomers, being a Millennial isn't one of them. Which is as good as a clean bill of health.

Lost, lost, millennial - ain't good, is it? Batting zero there bud.

Letters
13-03-2020, 02:59 PM
Wrong. They announced it hours before the decision was made.
Did they, though? I seriously doubt it. They might well have had an article saying it was being considered
Dude, come on. First you claimed the BBC was "fake news" because they said something was cancelled when it wasn't.
Now when it's been pointed out to you that it is indeed cancelled you're just making stuff up rather than conceding that on this occasion they got something right.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 04:04 PM
Did they, though? I seriously doubt it. They might well have had an article saying it was being considered
Dude, come on. First you claimed the BBC was "fake news" because they said something was cancelled when it wasn't.
Now when it's been pointed out to you that it is indeed cancelled you're just making stuff up rather than conceding that on this occasion they got something right.

Doubt it all you want, it doesn't change anything. They ran a headline that stated, "Called Off." If you think I'd be petty enough to make that up just for the sake on an argument on the Internet, then you've mistaken me for you. Why would I have even mentioned it at the time if I hadn't seen the article? The BBC is exactly the same clickbait trash as all the other repeater mouthpieces out there. But even if I had accused them unfairly in this case (which I haven't), it's just one example, isn't it? They still haven't corrected all their bullshit lies about the alleged, now confirmed as fake, chemical attacks in Syria, for example. They haven't retracted any of their lies about Assange. Two examples form countless many over the years. And yet they still masquerade as a news service. And plenty take them for just that. Very, very dangerous during a time when facts and truth are essential.

12 March - https://web.archive.org/web/20200312181345/https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163
Changed without mention to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163

Letters
13-03-2020, 04:24 PM
The one from yesterday says

The Australian Grand Prix has been called off, two senior Formula 1 sources have told BBC Sport.

There has been no official confirmation from F1 or governing body the FIA but the news follows a McLaren team member testing positive for coronavirus

The headline does maybe deserve some inverted commas but they are reporting what they heard and state quite clearly that it hadn't been officially announced.

:shrug:

I'm not saying they are perfect but they are far from the worst when it comes to "fake news". And this isn't even an example of it, they got it right on this occasion.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 04:38 PM
The one from yesterday says

The headline does maybe deserve some inverted commas but they are reporting what they heard and state quite clearly that it hadn't been officially announced.

I'm not saying they are perfect but they are far from the worst when it comes to "fake news". And this isn't even an example of it, they got it right on this occasion.

Wrong again. This headline appeared on their sports home page in the Breaking section, just the headline with an image. I read it, thought damn, no race, posted it here as there was a thread going on it. Fake news clickbait. Maybe they covered their arse in the actual article, but it's typical media. And yes, the are by far the worst when it comes to fake news. There have even been studies around the Iraq war that showed them as the most unreliable, pro-war source from all of the mainstream sources.

Now you could say I was stupid to read their shit in the first place, considering I take them to fake news (which they are). I'd accept that criticism as valid. But not bullshit about making shit up just to win the Internets.

Letters
13-03-2020, 04:56 PM
The only thing one could argue they’ve done wrong is a headline that, while factually accurate, was a bit misleading in that it made it sound like this had been officially announced when it hadn't. Ultimately their sources were good though, it wasn’t fake news it was just news.

Misleading headlines or ones which misrepresent the article they headline do annoy me but the BBC are nowhere near the worst when it comes to that sort of thing. I’m stupid enough to read The Metro while I commute and they are awful for this sort of thing. Next time I’m allowed to get on a train I’ll find some examples if you like.

They all do it, tbh

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 05:10 PM
The only thing one could argue they’ve done wrong is a headline that, while factually accurate, was a bit misleading in that it made it sound like this had been officially announced when it hadn't. Ultimately their sources were good though, it wasn’t fake news it was just news.

Misleading headlines or ones which misrepresent the article they headline do annoy me but the BBC are nowhere near the worst when it comes to that sort of thing. I’m stupid enough to read The Metro while I commute and they are awful for this sort of thing. Next time I’m allowed to get on a train I’ll find some examples if you like.

They all do it, tbh

And then overwrote the clickbait piece with a replacement article that relies on an entirely different source. All without any mention it had been edited with key information removed and replaced. Essentially it's a different article. This is far more egregious than their unprofessional clickbait. A total lack of accountability completely unacceptable from any news agency, let alone the national broadcaster. But, it's the BBC and to be expected.

And, of course, the initial headline was 100% inaccurate, despite you claiming the opposite.

Letters
13-03-2020, 05:30 PM
And, of course, the initial headline was 100% inaccurate, despite you claiming the opposite.

The headline that said "Coronavirus: Australian Grand Prix called off", which is exactly what has happened?
They had a source which told them the info. They made it clear in the article that it hadn't been announced. It was then announced.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 06:04 PM
The headline that said "Coronavirus: Australian Grand Prix called off", which is exactly what has happened?
They had a source which told them the info. They made it clear in the article that it hadn't been announced. It was then announced.

The two pertinent points avoided and the arse covering regurgitated directly.

Here's one:

"BREAKING! 70% of UK Population Infected by Virus!"
[Image of dead babies][Click here for full story]

Leading to:

"70% of UK population could be infected by virus in the worst case scenario, says unnamed science bod."

But, you know, they did qualify once you click through, so definitely not a flat out lie in the context presented, definitely not clickbait and certainly the behaviour of a responsible news organisation. And it could even turn out to be true at some point in the future. So what's the harm if it gets a few clicks and misleads people? They all do it tbf. So it's fine.

Letters
13-03-2020, 06:14 PM
Except that's a complete straw man. Your "example" is a headline which IS factually inaccurate, deliberately sensationalist and doesn't match the story at all. A lot of media outlets do that sort of thing, the BBC are occasionally guilty but not in as extreme a way, unlike some other rags.
They simply reported something about a decision which had been made - and it wasn't like some bloke down the pub told them, they had 2 senior sources telling them who I guess they trusted. And rightly so, their intel was correct.
Clickbait - yes, OK. I'll give you that. But no, it wasn't a flat out lie and didn't mislead anyone. The second line of the article made it clear that while they'd heard this decision had been made it hadn't been announced. They weren't baselessly speculating.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Except that's a complete straw man. Your "example" is a headline which IS factually inaccurate, deliberately sensationalist and doesn't match the story at all. A lot of media outlets do that sort of thing, the BBC are occasionally guilty but not in as extreme a way, unlike some other rags.
They simply reported something about a decision which had been made - and it wasn't like some bloke down the pub told them, they had 2 senior sources telling them who I guess they trusted. And rightly so, their intel was correct.
Clickbait - yes, OK. I'll give you that. But no, it wasn't a flat out lie and didn't mislead anyone. The second line of the article made it clear that while they'd heard this decision had been made it hadn't been announced. They weren't baselessly speculating.

Every piece of evidence put down in front of you is rejected and replaced by a restatement of what has already been disproved. You need their bullshit to be true, don't you?

Letters
13-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Hmm. You’re either playing dumb or you are dumb.
Honestly can’t decide which :shrug:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2020, 07:01 PM
:popcorn:

fakeyank
13-03-2020, 07:28 PM
The state of debate in this thread :rose:

Letters & NQ, get a room

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Hmm. You’re either playing dumb or you are dumb.
Honestly can’t decide which :shrug:

Says the guy who plays dumb by ignoring the two key points that were raised. Your default formula. But it's not just that. You have no capacity to detect the principle of a thing. That's why you are satisfied with conclusions like, "Everyone does it", or, "It's not as bad as others". That's how people end up "only following orders".

Do you know which media outlet has never had to issue a correction because their accuracy rate is 100%? The same organisation the BBC has relentlessly attacked, once run by a guy now in jail for reporting the truth, a guy the BBC has shamelessly smeared with lies. The BBC that spread lies about Iraq that assisted in the slaughter of maybe a million people, lies about Syria that could have seen them suffer the same fate. The same BBC that wrapped itself around Saville until he became too toxic to protect. Yeah, they're right up there the very worst of the worst. NYT, WaPo and the BBC. The "respectable" ones.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 07:42 PM
The state of debate in this thread :rose:

Letters & NQ, get a room

Football season's over dude. Nothing to talk about regarding that.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 10:54 AM
Arsenal. :bow:

Worst Prem season post-1995 in the season that didn't exist. :scarf:

Possibly.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Arsenal. :bow:

Worst Prem season post-1995 in the season that didn't exist. :scarf:

Possibly.

Maybe they knew in advance? Which is why they haven't been arsed all season? One of our lasagnes escaping the lab maybe?

Letters
14-03-2020, 05:07 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51887560

I'm fine with that so long as, given our record in the competition, they award us the FA Cup

LDG
14-03-2020, 05:10 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51887560

I'm fine with that so long as, given our record in the competition, they award us the FA Cup

Well if Jenas says so, then it must be right.

What a fucking twat he is.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 05:27 PM
[Sky and BT] have already paid their TV money to Premier League clubs, but they could both say they want their money back proportionally if the season is not completed," said Comolli, now at Turkish side Fenerbahce.

And they shouldn't get it because Act of God is always exempt in any contract. And if they do get it, do subscribers get refunds?

Letters
14-03-2020, 06:25 PM
God :bow:

Letters
14-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Brady :bow:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/14/west-ham-karren-brady-calls-for-premier-league-cancellation-coronavirus

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 08:42 PM
Brady :bow:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/14/west-ham-karren-brady-calls-for-premier-league-cancellation-coronavirus

It resumes on April 3 if everything doesn't go to hell before that. So the season may get played out. Not sure why people are calling for titles to be awarded or seasons to be voided at this stage.

Letters
14-03-2020, 08:53 PM
Well, I can understand why someone involved with West Ham might be.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
15-03-2020, 01:30 PM
It resumes on April 3 if everything doesn't go to hell before that. So the season may get played out. Not sure why people are calling for titles to be awarded or seasons to be voided at this stage.

What is going to change for the better between now and then? That date is arbitrary....merely thinking time before actually then going and voiding the season. Liverpool CANNOT be awarded it without doing it first. No matter how probable.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 01:43 PM
What is going to change for the better between now and then? That date is arbitrary....merely thinking time before actually then going and voiding the season. Liverpool CANNOT be awarded it without doing it first. No matter how probable.

We don't know what's going to happen between now and then. Things are different day by day. This is one decision that doesn't have to be taken hastily. F1 can stop a race early and award points and declare a winner. It's not an unprecedented concept. Liverpool needed 3 more points from 10 games. Of course they have won it. It's the most certain title win in decades, beyond all reasonable doubt. They'd literally have to lose all their games and the gypos pick up maximum points.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
15-03-2020, 01:54 PM
We don't exactly know, but we know basically through science the global situation will be worse. I think the minimum that can happen is for the games to be played till a mathematical champion is crowned but I don't think it can happen before that. F1 has its own precedents sure but a different sense of operation and governing given the nature of the sport it is.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 02:16 PM
We don't exactly know, but we know basically through science the global situation will be worse. I think the minimum that can happen is for the games to be played till a mathematical champion is crowned but I don't think it can happen before that. F1 has its own precedents sure but a different sense of operation and governing given the nature of the sport it is.

Could turn out that nobody will care that much anyway. This might become an infinitesimally small consideration as the days unfold. People didn't care much about results after Hillsborough, Heysel or Bradford.

Marc Overmars
24-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Arseblog got Cesc on the podcast.

A good listen. Says he left because the recruitment was poor and that only RVP and Nasri were on his level. Also confirms we passed on re-signing him in 2014 after he wanted to join. Apparently Xabi Alonso was desperate to sign for us in 2009 but we didn’t pursue it.

https://arseblog.com/2020/03/episode-570-cesc-fabregas/

Letters
25-03-2020, 04:42 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51997438

In your face, Henry. I'd argue he was the best player on the planet when he played for us.
And that old duffer Bergkamp not even on the list :lol: :doh:

Letters
25-03-2020, 04:56 PM
If you're bored stuck indoors...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B80CNNjI1ET0X2tKWl9FNkExQzQ?direction=a&fbclid=IwAR2zgGneZwzZMui0AZ2gva09jrBWA1109OIfm6WOR 7u4l9VUMfbpujFOZDU

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 06:00 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51997438

In your face, Henry. I'd argue he was the best player on the planet when he played for us.
And that old duffer Bergkamp not even on the list :lol: :doh:

John Terry? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Giggs was the longest serving ABOVE AVERAGE player. But he played for the right club, so he's in for sure.

Shearer, hard to disagree tbf. Certainly the most prolific striker in the PL era.

Best player? That's incredibly easy. Thierry Henry. Dennis came close (and was better in some aspects), Cantona was a remarkable player (and a massive arsehole), but Henry was the best all around.

But he played for the wrong club.

I mean seriously, who are they trying to fool? Can you imagine if Henry had played for Utd? There would literally be a third branch of Christianity packing out the churches.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 06:01 PM
Next year Rooney and Rooney I suppose?

Globalgunner
25-03-2020, 07:04 PM
Rooney scored some of the greatest goals witnessed by mankind. Fact

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Rooney scored some of the greatest goals witnessed by mankind. Fact

Agreed. That cheating fat cunt who was massively hyped by the Manchester loving press was undoubtedly one of the best cheating fat cunts who was massively hyped by the Manchester loving press players ever. Surprised he's not in there this year. Maybe they don't want him associated with a disease, which would be a little too close to the mark.

Letters
25-03-2020, 07:44 PM
Henry was one of the best players I’ve seen.
Shearer was amazing as a pure goal machine but Henry was on a different level.
He could win a game virtually single handed and he would do things every game that would be worth the entrance fee, things most footballers don’t even think of.
Crazy he didn’t make it in and that Bergkamp, who wasn’t far behind, isn’t even in the list.

Letters
02-04-2020, 07:53 AM
Now this IS fake news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120419

"Manchester City 3-2 Queens Park Rangers - Etihad Stadium, 13 May 2012
"This even topped Michael Thomas's title winner at Liverpool for late drama - arguably the greatest game of the Premier League era."

Oh fuck off :haha:

dazthegooner
02-04-2020, 08:06 AM
Yeah but our's was before the Premier league started so doesn't count :unsure:

GP
02-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Now this IS fake news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120419

"Manchester City 3-2 Queens Park Rangers - Etihad Stadium, 13 May 2012
"This even topped Michael Thomas's title winner at Liverpool for late drama - arguably the greatest game of the Premier League era."

Oh fuck off :haha:

Narrowly beating 10-man QPR at home is clearly a greater acheivement that beating the Champions on their own turf by 2 goals.

Letters
02-04-2020, 10:11 AM
Narrowly beating 10-man QPR at home is clearly a greater acheivement that beating the Champions on their own turf by 2 goals.

Liverpool had not lost by two or more goals at Anfield in three years and Arsenal hadn't won there in 15.
But yeah. Definitely beating 10 man QPR at home is far more impressive.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-04-2020, 11:55 AM
A QPR team that in that moment were mathematically safe also. :lol:

This is Prime McNumpty though.

He is absolutely useless.

Niall_Quinn
09-04-2020, 11:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl14GQhzZYk

Letters
09-04-2020, 12:09 PM
I miss us being good :(

Niall_Quinn
09-04-2020, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rXQCxV8WI

Letters
09-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Meh. It's no Aguerooooo :sulk:

dazthegooner
09-04-2020, 03:26 PM
:gp:

Niall_Quinn
09-04-2020, 10:17 PM
Back then, Ray was one of our "ordinary" players. He'd walk into any of the teams in very ordinary modern day football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6lqtl-JsSk

Mac76
10-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Great team, great performance and even Mike Dean couldn't find a way to spoil it for us

Nice of them to mention the previous hat-trick by Arsenal v Newcastle was Macdonald in '76 - the first Arsenal game i went to

Me :bow:

Letters
10-04-2020, 07:48 AM
Arteta :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/52239595

Mac76
10-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Arteta :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/52239595

Dan Walker's living room :bow:

But who is Arteta's 'another person who lives in our house'?

I'm intrigued...

LDG
10-04-2020, 08:09 AM
Dan Walker's living room :bow:

But who is Arteta's 'another person who lives in our house'?

I'm intrigued...

https://i1.wp.com/www.redlondon.net.customers.tigertech.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/wenger-smiling.jpg

Mac76
10-04-2020, 08:14 AM
That would certainly explain a few of his stranger selection decisions...

Letters
10-04-2020, 08:18 AM
Back then, Ray was one of our "ordinary" players. He'd walk into any of the teams in very ordinary modern day football.

I always respected Ray.
He wasn’t one of those show off foreign players who were technically good but he worked really hard, got stuck in and gave 100% every game. Would love a couple of players like him in our team right now.

Mac76
17-04-2020, 07:20 AM
Arsenal '91 seventh in 'best ever kit' vote - top English club side :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/52242826

Marc Overmars
17-04-2020, 09:57 AM
I do love the bruised banana shirt. I bought this years away kit because of it. First one I’ve bought in years.

Marc Overmars
17-04-2020, 01:43 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-fans-given-first-look-21873905

Wenger autobiography coming out later this year. :popcorn:

Letters
17-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Christmas List :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-04-2020, 02:30 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-fans-given-first-look-21873905

Wenger autobiography coming out later this year. :popcorn:

He always said he could write a book about his time here. :bow:

Mac76
17-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Arsenal players the first agreeing to a pay cut (apparently) - assuming it's true, then... :bow: :clap:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52322495

Letters
17-04-2020, 10:49 PM
They will each reportedly earn £500,000 for winning the 2021 Champions League or £100,000 for the Europa League.

So they'll be earning... £0 then

Niall_Quinn
17-04-2020, 11:11 PM
Arsenal players the first agreeing to a pay cut (apparently) - assuming it's true, then... :bow: :clap:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52322495

Why is it they are taking pay cuts again? To ease the burden on the club, or in solidarity with everyone else who is fucked? If Kroenke is determined to support the club through this challenging time (shame he couldn't support other challenges like a realistic title bid), then why are the players taking pay cuts? I thought the players taking cuts was because all non-playing staff were in the process of being shafted. But as that has now been reversed, and the club is apparently stable, not sure why the cuts are necessary now. I mean I think their wages should be cut by 99% permanently, seeing how shite most of them are. But this looks like a gesture more than anything else. One that hardly makes any difference at all.

Mac76
18-04-2020, 07:36 AM
Ok the kroenkes could bailout the club completely for a bit but maybe this is about a longer-term suatainability for the club, let's face it the whole of football will have to realign a bit with reality due to all the lost matchday income and i suspect some TV money lost, and the effects on fans' income will impact on ticket sales for next season and maybe longer-term

It's what we'd all like to see isn't it so if this is a step towards it then fine

Also it makes us look even better than clubs like spuds and liverpool so that's another plus

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2020, 09:22 AM
Ok the kroenkes could bailout the club completely for a bit but maybe this is about a longer-term suatainability for the club, let's face it the whole of football will have to realign a bit with reality due to all the lost matchday income and i suspect some TV money lost, and the effects on fans' income will impact on ticket sales for next season and maybe longer-term

It's what we'd all like to see isn't it so if this is a step towards it then fine

Also it makes us look even better than clubs like spuds and liverpool so that's another plus

Is it a permanent cut? As in, that's their new salary? Wouldn't want to be Arteta 15 seconds after the all-clear. The queue of agents outside his door will be ferocious.

I'm not criticising them for doing it. But if it's a gesture of solidarity then take 80% or £2.5k a month, like everyone else. Even, then they have a few million spare down the back of the sofa. But that would be a real gesture as opposed to a token one.

I hope they don't make too much of a play of it because it's hardly a big deal.

Mac76
18-04-2020, 10:19 AM
Is it a permanent cut? As in, that's their new salary? Wouldn't want to be Arteta 15 seconds after the all-clear. The queue of agents outside his door will be ferocious.

I'm not criticising them for doing it. But if it's a gesture of solidarity then take 80% or £2.5k a month, like everyone else. Even, then they have a few million spare down the back of the sofa. But that would be a real gesture as opposed to a token one.

I hope they don't make too much of a play of it because it's hardly a big deal.

well if it's tied to performance next season then i guess the answer is 'yes' it's permanent, as they're basically restructuring the wages

i heard that the players initially rejected the proposal but i think that was prior to the executivee also agreeing to pay cuts (though i suspect those aren't permanent... especially if they are at a level of c33%)