PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56

Letters
10-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Failing to get rid of the dross and in particular offering Xhaka a new contract shows Arteta and Edu are a couple of fucking clowns

Let's hope the team really tanks and that they're gone by Christmas

Wouldn’t it be better to hope that we’ve underestimated them and we have a good season? :unsure:

Gooner23
10-08-2021, 07:13 AM
Yeah, it does feel like too much to happen in a couple of weeks now.

If it is a max. of 3 then one of them has to be a keeper - I can’t even begin to think about how fucked we are if we lose Leno! Question is who would you prioritise for the other 2 buys?

I think I’d go for the creative midfielder and a RB - I desperately want the striker, but adding another AM / 10 would solve a lot of problems with Laca and Auba, and I think a right-sided Tierney could be transformative for us. Whenever we lost Tierney last year we instantly looked a different, poorer side, but at least we had him available here and there - down the right we had nothing all season.

I'm fairly confident we will get a keeper, they know Runarsson isn't up to it. If Sheffield don't drop their asking price for Ramsdale (still not sure why we are so keen on him) we'll have to move on to other options. Personally I'd get Johnstone and Onana, combined price less that Ramsdale and that sorts us for when Leno leaves next summer as its rumoured he will.

Agree that the most urgent one is another creative / attacking midfielder, and desperately hoping we don't have all eggs in one basket on this. If we can shift Laca a striker might be possible but not confident on that at all.

I don't see a right back coming in now. We have 4 players who can play there so would realistically need to sell 3 of those..

I am invisible
10-08-2021, 11:11 AM
I'm fairly confident we will get a keeper, they know Runarsson isn't up to it. If Sheffield don't drop their asking price for Ramsdale (still not sure why we are so keen on him) we'll have to move on to other options. Personally I'd get Johnstone and Onana, combined price less that Ramsdale and that sorts us for when Leno leaves next summer as its rumoured he will.

Agree that the most urgent one is another creative / attacking midfielder, and desperately hoping we don't have all eggs in one basket on this. If we can shift Laca a striker might be possible but not confident on that at all.

I don't see a right back coming in now. We have 4 players who can play there so would realistically need to sell 3 of those..

To be fair to Ramsdale, he has been voted his club's player of the year for the last 2 years (at 2 different clubs), so we probably don't have much to worry about in terms of ability. Plus he's only 23, which is very young for a keeper, so there's loads of potential for growth there (Emi didn't really start making a name for himself until he was 27/28). It's just the price - for that kind of money you have to be talking about a first choice keeper, and I'm finding it hard to square those sums away with our struggles to sign players in other areas? Maybe money is less of an issue for us this summer than freeing up space?

Sadly, I think you're probably right about the RB - can't see anything happening there unless one or more of the current 4 options move on. I'm desperate to upgrade that area, though - this team will always feel lopsided and in constant need of workaround solutions until we're properly balanced, and our attack will always be fairly easy to predict until we can hit teams left, right or centre.

Mac76
10-08-2021, 08:40 PM
Chambers is underrated at RB IMO, he can provide a good attacking option from there

I am invisible
10-08-2021, 10:26 PM
He’d be the one I’d keep out of the 4, and I agree he’s a solid option who provides a lot of interesting tactical flexibility. I’m not unhappy with Chambers.

But for me the difference between Tierney and all of our RB options is stark - I don’t think we’ll fully appreciate what we’ve been missing there until the right player comes in and makes it clear.

Bumble
12-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Chelsea signed lukaku. Decent player. I think they might finish above us this season

GP
12-08-2021, 08:46 PM
100m for a 29 year old player they sold for a fraction.

Great business.

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2021, 01:02 AM
98 million quid and 450k a week? Football's just a racket. It's all about the money now and absolutely nothing else. You couldn't pay me to watch any of these bastards.

Letters
13-08-2021, 05:05 AM
98 million quid and 450k a week? Football's just a racket. It's all about the money now and absolutely nothing else. You couldn't pay me to watch any of these bastards.
I’d probably watch if they paid me £450k a week to, tbf.
Basically correct though. As I noted before, every sodding FB post these days has tags to merchandise now. They couldn’t be making it any clearer that they are just a business now and we are their customers. And we (I mean the local fans) aren’t even the ones they’re primarily marketing to any more. Most of the people who comment on those FB posts are from Asia or Africa.
I’ll keep an eye on Arsenal this year but am more likely to go to watch a local amateur side.

Mac76
13-08-2021, 11:55 AM
I’d probably watch if they paid me £450k a week to, tbf.
Basically correct though. As I noted before, every sodding FB post these days has tags to merchandise now. They couldn’t be making it any clearer that they are just a business now and we are their customers. And we (I mean the local fans) aren’t even the ones they’re primarily marketing to any more. Most of the people who comment on those FB posts are from Asia or Africa.
I’ll keep an eye on Arsenal this year but am more likely to go to watch a local amateur side.

Genuinely thought about cancelling my ST but will see how it goes, lockdown's changed my attitude to some things, so this could be the last season though, agree with the non-league football idea

Gooner23
14-08-2021, 11:20 AM
Some journos saying Auba and Laca will be unavailable for the Chelsea game as well, in a weeks time.

Something fishy there. Either Covid or there's been a bust up.

Letters
15-08-2021, 04:15 PM
Arsenal chocolate

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Gifts/By-Person/Ideal-for-Kids/Arsenal-Limited-Edition-Cadbury-Dairy-Milk/p/N04038?glCountry=GB&glCurrency=GBP

Overpriced and presumably nowhere near a good as 20 years ago

GP
15-08-2021, 05:32 PM
Ten quid??

I just saw this in Sainsburys for a fiver.

Chippy
15-08-2021, 05:56 PM
And now the Spuds win 😔

What a shit weekend for football.

Letters
15-08-2021, 06:44 PM
And now the Spuds win ��

What a shit weekend for football.

Complete shitshow of an opening weekend and while I've never been one to overreact to one off games, after the last few seasons this all feels so familiar.
Yes, we'll have some good days but it's almost certain to be another mediocre season while the Spuds finish miles above us and the usual suspects tussle over the major trophies while we bumble around in mid-table

:ilt:

Mac76
15-08-2021, 06:51 PM
I'm afraid we have to hope it gets worse so Arteta gets sacked in time to stave off relegation

At least Norwich are certs to go down so that's one place taken...

Letters
15-08-2021, 07:09 PM
I'm afraid we have to hope it gets worse so Arteta gets sacked in time to stave off relegation

Well now you're being a bit silly!

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2021, 07:27 PM
Well now you're being a bit silly!

I dont think relegation is going to happen but for quite a lot of last season, there were times were we were not that many points above it. It was never a real risk but if we go backwards as we seem to be doing under Arteta, suddenly that 15th/16th place comes into play

Chippy
15-08-2021, 07:44 PM
I dont think relegation is going to happen but for quite a lot of last season, there were times were we were not that many points above it. It was never a real risk but if we go backwards as we seem to be doing under Arteta, suddenly that 15th/16th place comes into play

Probably won't get relegated, but why is the season looking doomed after on bloody game FFS.
Not many of us put St Totterings day on our predictions, I wonder why?
We won't even finish above West Ham.

Letters
15-08-2021, 08:31 PM

I must admit close to last Christmas I did start to think "holy shit, we could get sucked in to the mire here!"
It literally was relegation form in that run. But then from Boxing Day onwards we sorted ourselves out, I suspect we'll have some decent runs again this season which will mitigate any real risk of relegation. But I can't see us doing any better than bumbling around in mid-table. Given our resources it's completely pathetic how far behind the contenders we are, and how many clubs have overtaken us.

I am invisible
15-08-2021, 10:01 PM

In the meantime can we please add some Arsenal men to the board! Otherwise we’re going to be relying on the same people who hired him to find his replacement…

Mac76
16-08-2021, 09:40 AM
Or Arsenal women...? :ninja:

Gooner23
16-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Xhaka has signed his new contract until 2025.

Arsenal really are the gift that keep on giving.

I am invisible
17-08-2021, 08:43 AM
2024 with the option of an extra year. It's basically only an extra year on top of what he already has.

I know what you mean - it feels really counter-intuitive if we're hoping to sell - the only logic I see in it is if we're trying to avoid rolling into next summer with him down to his final year? If that happens then I guarantee we're not shifting him until his deal expires in 2023 - the player and any potential buyers will just hold out for the free transfer.

Mac76
17-08-2021, 08:51 AM
We should've got rid of him to Roma , i can't believe someone wanted to give us actual real money for the c**t and we said no :doh:

I am invisible
17-08-2021, 09:25 AM
If the only issue is that we need to free up space in the squad before we can bring in more non-HG players, then absolutely!

If we need the sale-money to fund his replacement, then Roma's offer of 10m euros is pretty much worthless to us - I don't particularly want another season of Xhaka-ball, but I'd rather have him than yet another hole in the squad.

Can't help but feel that KSE could have made this a very easy decision for us if they wanted to.

Letters
17-08-2021, 09:30 AM
We should've got rid of him to Roma , i can't believe someone wanted to give us actual real money for the c**t and we said no :doh:

Well, what’s worse is that he clearly spent all summer trying to move, it didn’t quite happen for him so we gave him a new contract and made him captain on Friday :lol: :doh:

Maestro
17-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Edu and Arteta need to be investigated over their transfer business. All comes across as very dodgy

LDG
18-08-2021, 05:39 AM
Well, what’s worse is that he clearly spent all summer trying to move, it didn’t quite happen for him so we gave him a new contract and made him captain on Friday :lol: :doh:

As said above, whilst most would happily see him depart for free next summer, we can’t beat the club up for trying to ensure we get some money from a sale by having him under contract.

That we’re sorting contracts (see ESR, Saka and Balogun) rather than letting players piss off with no return is a good change.

Unfortunately Xhaka is everything MOR about this club.

I am invisible
18-08-2021, 06:35 AM
Yeah, giving him the armband felt like a slap in the face to the fans and missed opportunity to really give this new project a figurehead / poster boy like Tierney.

In a practical sense I guess it makes no real difference - all the while he’s still here, Xhaka will continue to be the de facto captain of the side in the eyes of the other players, so giving the armband to someone else would be little more than PR. I still think the symbolism of it would have been important though - a nod towards what we’re trying to become, even if we’re not there yet. “This guy here is the blueprint for what we’re aiming for now, not the old guy…”

Mac76
18-08-2021, 08:04 AM
Yeah, giving him the armband felt like a slap in the face to the fans and missed opportunity to really give this new project a figurehead / poster boy like Tierney.

In a practical sense I guess it makes no real difference - all the while he’s still here, Xhaka will continue to be the de facto captain of the side in the eyes of the other players, so giving the armband to someone else would be little more than PR. I still think the symbolism of it would have been important though - a nod towards what we’re trying to become, even if we’re not there yet. “This guy here is the blueprint for what we’re aiming for now, not the old guy…”

Totally agree, it just shows how Arteta doesn't get it at all, f*****g useless manager

I am invisible
18-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Totally agree, it just shows how Arteta doesn't get it at all, f*****g useless manager
It definitely shows his inexperience.

Same as his incredibly naive “we have to be ruthless” speech at the start of the window - sounded great, and kept the fans happy for 5 seconds, but a wiser manager (or a more experienced Technical Director to advise him) would have looked at the market first, thought “Hmmm, this is going to be a tough window” and kept their thoughts private. But instead we’re rolling into the start of the season with half a squad full of players who now know in no uncertain terms that they’re neither needed nor wanted and, surprise, they’re all mailing it in and couldn’t give less of a F!

He’s either an idiot or a genius because there’s going to have to be an absolute fire sale of problem players in the final week now, otherwise we’re in for another season of in-fighting, sabotage and assassination attempts.

Xhaka Can’t
19-08-2021, 04:00 PM
Got an email from the Club telling me I can still buy tickets.

I’m not even a member any longer and I can get tickets for our home opener. Against fucking Chelsea.

Christ, I remember the days when even with Silver membership, it was dicey getting tickets mid winter.

Mind you, this isn’t a big fixture anymore.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210819/24b512f48ac64b84396c05f2cb557cbc.jpg
I’m in Greece, hence the time. But this is a screenshot from a minute ago.

Letters
19-08-2021, 04:11 PM
I guess this is a good sign? As in, it could hit them in the pocket which is all they really care about.
But I suspect with all the corporate boxes and the worldwide fanbase it's not going to make enough difference.

Mac76
19-08-2021, 04:28 PM
Don't know, i think it was falling attendences that did for Wenger wasn't it, possibly Emery too

Letters
19-08-2021, 06:12 PM
Don't know, i think it was falling attendences that did for Wenger wasn't it, possibly Emery too

Maybe. They probably don’t care about the plebs (no offence;)) but I guess if we become such so unappealing that the sponsors and corporates lose interest then that’s going to have an effect

Marc Overmars
19-08-2021, 06:23 PM
That certainly reflects the complete apathy around the club at the moment. It’s so bad that not even beating Chelsea will make much of a difference to the psyche of most fans.

I am invisible
19-08-2021, 07:40 PM
It was, but it had nothing to do with the Kroenkes stepping in - that was purely down to Wenger walking away because having the backing of the fans actually meant something to him.

Let’s face it, success and failure for the Kroenkes is measured purely by the value of their shares, and they’ll only be sparked into action if those shares start to tank. Keep in mind that we’re talking about owners who bought their hometown NFL franchise and then moved it to another city! I guarantee they couldn’t care less if our fans are upset. Daniel Eck has just offered them over £2bn for the club, double what they paid for it - things are pretty rosey in Stan and Josh’s world right now.

Mac76
19-08-2021, 08:28 PM
Hr didn't walk away, he was more or less sacked, he said so himself it wasn't his decision

I am invisible
20-08-2021, 08:19 AM
Hr didn't walk away, he was more or less sacked, he said so himself it wasn't his decision
Really? That’s sad - thought it was at least mutual consent. I bet that was more of a Gazidis power-grab than a KSE intervention - our owners usually just go along with whatever.

If this protest does go ahead then I think we need to have a more achievable list of demands than just “Kroenke out!” - we know that’s not going to work. I’d be targeting the board and the CEO - things that KSE might be willing to meet us half way on.

Seriously, what does Vinnai even do? The guy’s a fucking ghost! He stuck his head above the parapet to apologise for trying to sell out the whole football and that’s about all we’ve seen of him for the last year. This is the man who’s meant to be running the club and keeping Edu and Arteta on their toes! Appoint a proper board to oversee the CEO and then appoint a proper CEO - do that and the Manager and Technical Director will come out in the wash if they’re shit.

Gooner23
20-08-2021, 10:10 AM
Got an email from the Club telling me I can still buy tickets.

I’m not even a member any longer and I can get tickets for our home opener. Against fucking Chelsea.

Christ, I remember the days when even with Silver membership, it was dicey getting tickets mid winter.

Mind you, this isn’t a big fixture anymore.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210819/24b512f48ac64b84396c05f2cb557cbc.jpg
I’m in Greece, hence the time. But this is a screenshot from a minute ago.

Same as you, cancelled membership a few years ago.

Just had a glance and there are still tickets left, cheapest at £86. No thanks...

Bumble
23-08-2021, 10:43 AM
My arsenal rewards cards have just turned up. What the heck is that all about

Letters
23-08-2021, 10:58 AM
My arsenal rewards cards have just turned up. What the heck is that all about

You can't fault their comic timing.

Xhaka Can’t
23-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Arsenal Rewards Card?

I’d rather have Sean Lock’s book of vouchers.

Bumble
23-08-2021, 01:51 PM
You can't fault their comic timing.

just waiting for the sponsor a player initiative to begin

Mac76
23-08-2021, 04:39 PM
was listening to the Arseblog pod and apparently Cech was jumping up and down cheering Chelsea in the err, Arsenal director's box on Saturday - no surprise of course given he had a laugh and a joke with Bayern after they beat us 5-1 at the Emirates...

also Willian apparently liked an instagram post from Chelsea about the 2-0

we should never take another player from that club again

dazthegooner
23-08-2021, 04:47 PM
Well Roman probably still has things on former players that he'll use at will :good:

Letters
02-09-2021, 08:31 AM
https://theathletic.com/news/xhaka-tests-positive-for-covid-19-and-will-not-play-for-switzerland-vs-greece/GiCH8b4BLTlr

:lol:

I am invisible
02-09-2021, 09:15 AM
https://theathletic.com/news/xhaka-tests-positive-for-covid-19-and-will-not-play-for-switzerland-vs-greece/GiCH8b4BLTlr

He couldn’t even get the right - test positive when you’re not suspended ffs!

Mac76
02-09-2021, 12:53 PM
He couldn’t even get the right - test positive when you’re not suspended ffs!

:gp:

Mac76
02-09-2021, 01:45 PM
one more reason why he's a fucking moron

https://twitter.com/arseblognews/status/1433343065557766145

I am invisible
02-09-2021, 03:06 PM

(Shhhh!!! No vaccine means more positive test results!)

Mac76
02-09-2021, 04:51 PM
(Shhhh!!! No vaccine means more positive test results!)

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2021, 07:21 PM

Says the moron who uses twitter, says the moron who has no idea of any of the details that might flesh out the few characters typed on the internet that the moron routinely berates as not being the BBC and other mainstream media that forms his church. But, above all else, says the natural and unashamed authoritarian who makes it his business to interfere in other people's business.

Even if Xhaka is a moron, he's a relatively minor one compared to immeasurably massive dickheads like Mac.

Letters
02-09-2021, 08:43 PM
Aren’t we supposed to all be playing nicely now?

LDG
02-09-2021, 09:17 PM

Fuck off

Chippy
02-09-2021, 09:51 PM
Fuck off

:haha::haha:

Letters
02-09-2021, 10:29 PM
Fuck off

:(

:getcoat:

I am invisible
03-09-2021, 08:50 AM
Look, we’ve all had a lot to drink - let’s just take a step back, have a glass of water, go for a walk and get some fresh air…

WMUG
03-09-2021, 09:29 AM
https://v.redd.it/g6vhxgnxd3l71

Letters
03-09-2021, 10:35 AM
https://v.redd.it/g6vhxgnxd3l71

:haha:

GP
03-09-2021, 10:40 AM
Good old Grimey

Chippy
03-09-2021, 09:20 PM
https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1094362560?-19387:844

Worth a go in January?

Mac76
03-09-2021, 09:31 PM
https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1094362560?-19387:844

Worth a go in January?

Arteta doesn't like promising young defenders

Chippy
03-09-2021, 10:32 PM
Arteta doesn't like promising young defenders

True. Apologies for my stupidness 😔

Letters
04-09-2021, 06:40 AM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-wenger-management-return-arteta-24906877

:patrice:

:ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-09-2021, 07:43 AM
Wenger said he is 70 AND 71 during the course of the same article. How long have I been reading?!

Letters
04-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Or maybe it was a very long interview? :unsure:

Mac76
04-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Or maybe it was a very long interview? :unsure:

Or maybe his memory is a little bit faulty...? ;)

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2021, 05:53 PM

I never said I wouldn't slap Joey when he stuck his head up. It's not personal, just pest control. Free of charge.

Letters
13-09-2021, 05:43 PM
Sign him up, Mikel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5UNTobtSy8

I am invisible
13-09-2021, 07:07 PM
Don’t even joke about that with this club! Not after Stepanovs.

Letters
13-09-2021, 07:11 PM

We haven’t ever signed someone of the wrong actual species yet!

Mac76
14-09-2021, 07:37 AM
Seriously, that dog's way better than Nketiah

IBK
20-09-2021, 04:18 PM
Seriously, that dog's way better than Nketiah

LDG
20-09-2021, 06:31 PM

We haven’t ever signed someone of the wrong actual species yet!

Although you could be forgiven for assuming Martin Keown is a crossbreed

Mac76
21-09-2021, 10:38 AM
look who's sat right next to Arteta - Auba (the club captain) and... Xhaka... says it all really

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1440239535997083651/photo/1

Chippy
21-09-2021, 01:02 PM
look who's sat right next to Arteta - Auba (the club captain) and... Xhaka... says it all really

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1440239535997083651/photo/1

Talking of new faces ;)

I have been reading rave reviews about Charlie Patino from the under 18's.

I know that videos make ordinary players look great, however, this kid looks like something special, cue Barcalona or Chelsea :(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10008539/Will-Arsenal-wonderkid-Charlie-Patino-Carabao-Cup-chance-week.html

Letters
28-09-2021, 02:20 PM
No need to thank me :lol:

https://i.ibb.co/z42HNp0/ozil.jpg

IBK
28-09-2021, 04:27 PM
No need to thank me :lol:

https://i.ibb.co/z42HNp0/ozil.jpg

What is there to say...

Chippy
29-09-2021, 11:50 AM
Xhaka out for 3 months :coffee:

WMUG
29-09-2021, 12:15 PM

:woohoo:

dazthegooner
29-09-2021, 12:23 PM
But the question is will he be fit enough to sell in January?

Mac76
29-09-2021, 03:40 PM

blimey, that news is like winning an FA Cup :yippee:

we'll be playing regularly with eleven men at last - nothing can stop us now :cool:

Arteta for not selling him :pal:

now excuse me i'm off to get pissed :beer:

Chippy
30-09-2021, 08:47 AM
blimey, that news is like winning an FA Cup :yippee:

we'll be playing regularly with eleven men at last - nothing can stop us now :cool:

Arteta for not selling him :pal:

now excuse me i'm off to get pissed :beer:

:haha:

Letters
30-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Is Mac not a fan of Xhaka? He never said :unsure:

dazthegooner
30-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Ramsdale back in the England squad.

Bumble
30-09-2021, 06:11 PM
Ramsdale back in the England squad.

Englands No1

Letters
01-10-2021, 11:58 AM
Well this sounds like a ridiculous idea…

https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2021/event/up-for-grabs

Bumble
04-10-2021, 10:26 PM
was bored so watched a couple of bergkamp goals on you tube

guess which arsenal one and which netherlands one. netherlands should be easy. arsenal fairly easy but more to pick from

Letters
05-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Argentina and Newcastle?

Bumble
05-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Argentina and Newcastle?

yeah. absolute class player. insanely good goals. i do miss those days

GP
05-10-2021, 05:55 PM
yeah. absolute class player. insanely good goals. i do miss those days

I like his hattrick against Leicester. 3rd one especially.

My all time favouite player.

How lucky were we to have him, Henry, Pires and Vieira all in the same side?

Letters
05-10-2021, 08:15 PM
That side was bonkers.
Really should have won a CL or 2
(Wenger :doh:)
And it's a complete scandal that Henry didn't win the Balon D'Or.

Bumble
05-10-2021, 09:00 PM
I like his hattrick against Leicester. 3rd one especially.

My all time favouite player.

How lucky were we to have him, Henry, Pires and Vieira all in the same side?

Cole campbell world class players all over the pitch

Bumble
05-10-2021, 09:01 PM
That side was bonkers.

Losing to Chelsea was a disgrace

Letters
06-10-2021, 09:07 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58793946

:doh:

#ArtetaOut

Letters
06-10-2021, 03:23 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58814061

Ozil :bow: *

*-probably, only read the headline tbh

Mac76
06-10-2021, 03:41 PM
having read the article ;) it seems a reasonable thing to do

Marc Overmars
07-10-2021, 09:38 AM
Wheelchair is training with us.

Give him a cheeky deal for the season tbf.

Chippy
07-10-2021, 09:38 AM
That side was bonkers.

We could have beaten Barca if Mad Jens had not had been sent off :(

We were so good then. That really was a team we will only see once or twice in a lifetime.

Now look at us :crying:

dazthegooner
07-10-2021, 10:12 AM
We could have beaten Barca if Mad Jens had not had been sent off :(

We were so good then. That really was a team we will only see once or twice in a lifetime.

Now look at us :crying:

And maybe if Henry had scored when one on one with the keeper to put us 2-0 up.

Bumble
08-10-2021, 06:43 PM
if the Saudis had bought Arsenal would we have been happy with that?

GP
08-10-2021, 06:57 PM
Fuck no.

Chippy
08-10-2021, 07:44 PM

Hell yes!! :jumpnana:

Mac76
08-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Fuck no.

Agreed

Letters
08-10-2021, 09:56 PM
Fuck no.

This :good:

Niall_Quinn
08-10-2021, 11:49 PM

Why not? I don't think there's any bottom to this barrel. So what if it's the same as the 30's Arsenal team being bought by Adolf Hitler? He had the cash, he had the power. Means a better manager and a stream of high earning mercenaries queuing up to kiss the badge. What more could a football fan ever want?

Chippy
09-10-2021, 08:36 AM
Why not? I don't think there's any bottom to this barrel. So what if it's the same as the 30's Arsenal team being bought by Adolf Hitler? He had the cash, he had the power. Means a better manager and a stream of high earning mercenaries queuing up to kiss the badge. What more could a football fan ever want?

Yep!
If the Champions League trophy came to the Emirates via a Saudi owner, none of you would give a fuck :lol:

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2021, 08:47 AM
Yep!
If the Champions League trophy came to the Emirates via a Saudi owner, none of you would give a fuck :lol:

True. But only because I couldn't give a fuck if the trophy came or not. I'd always be against criminals washing themselves in the history of English football.

I am invisible
09-10-2021, 09:07 AM
Not for me. Even if you could mentally distance yourself from the moral side of it, I just find the billionaire- / state-backed ownership model utterly boring.

For me, the best season we’ve seen in the last 15 years was the year Leicester won it, and that wasn’t because everyone was super-brilliant and packed full of the world’s best players slugging it out - it was actually because everyone was a little bit shit and a little bit shambolic that year, and that blew it wide open.

Part of the fun of football is the chaos and unpredictability of it - how you manage the unexpected and whether you can find clever workarounds to problems. With these owners, there is never any unpredictability or unexpected - their pockets and the squads they buy are so deep that they never have to worry about problems. Technically it’s perfect on the pitch… but there’s no excitement there. Not really. The excitement all comes from there being genuine risk and jeopardy involved (which is why nobody wants the comfort of the closed shop that is the European Super League) - when there’s never anything to worry about and you’re always comfortably in control the game just loses something.

I am invisible
09-10-2021, 09:27 AM
The big question for me right now (and this is something that’s been discussed on a few podcasts this week) is how do the rest of us define success going forward?

And also how and where do the rest of us look for happiness and draw satisfaction from following our clubs?

Because in both cases it’s unlikely to come from seriously challenging for titles. Maybe once a decade one of the also-rans might put together a squad that might be able to put up a fight for a couple of years, but mostly it’s going to be City, Chelsea and now Newcastle, year after year after year.

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2021, 09:36 AM
The big question for me right now (and this is something that’s been discussed on a few podcasts this week) is how do the rest of us define success going forward?

And also how and where do the rest of us look for happiness and draw satisfaction from following our clubs?

Because in both cases it’s unlikely to come from seriously challenging for titles. Maybe once a decade one of the also-rans might put together a squad that might be able to put up a fight for a couple of years, but mostly it’s going to be City, Chelsea and now Newcastle, year after year after year.

Success is going to be defined as luring billionaires into the game who are prepared to splash cash and inflate everything into orbit. The natural progression of this is all 20 PL clubs having to "compete" in the only way they realistically can, by welcoming in deep pockets with no questions asked (or allowed). Eventually everyone will be back on a level playing field but the football won't have improved, the entertainment won't be raised, all that will happen is everything will become wildly expensive and exclusive. No place for "legacy fans", as the very people who built the game through their unconditional support through thick and thin are now called.

We'll be back to where we were before the first billionaire scumbag pitched up and tipped the table, in terms of competition. The difference being highly dubious individuals will be viewed as respectable, the fantasy gap between the players and the fans will have widened by galactic proportions and the corrupt individuals who run the whole show will be putting bigger envelopes in their back pockets.

On the bright side, we do have a World Cup in Qatar to look forward to.

The game's not dead yet, its last gasp will come when the last PL club excitedly announces its new billionaire war criminal owner.

I am invisible
09-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Success is going to be defined as luring billionaires into the game who are prepared to splash cash and inflate everything into orbit. The natural progression of this is all 20 PL clubs having to "compete" in the only way they realistically can, by welcoming in deep pockets with no questions asked (or allowed). Eventually everyone will be back on a level playing field but the football won't have improved, the entertainment won't be raised, all that will happen is everything will become wildly expensive and exclusive. No place for "legacy fans", as the very people who built the game through their unconditional support through thick and thin are now called.

We'll be back to where we were before the first billionaire scumbag pitched up and tipped the table, in terms of competition. The difference being highly dubious individuals will be viewed as respectable, the fantasy gap between the players and the fans will have widened by galactic proportions and the corrupt individuals who run the whole show will be putting bigger envelopes in their back pockets.

The game's not dead yet, its last gasp will come when the last PL club excitedly announces its new billionaire war criminal owner.
It’ll be a World Cup in Qatar every 2 years soon! Good times.

Letters
09-10-2021, 11:16 AM
Yep!

A lot of Arsenal fans wouldn’t - that’s proven by the fact that Chelsea and City fans strut around crowing about their “achievements”. Personally, it would bother me for the same reason that a lot of things about the modern game bother me.

GP
09-10-2021, 12:21 PM
Yep!

Speak for yourself.

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2021, 04:38 PM
Yep!

My interest in what this sport has become has resulted in me just about checking out.

If it happens at Arsenal, that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2021, 05:35 PM
My interest in what this sport has become has resulted in me just about checking out.

If it happens at Arsenal, that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Says a lot (all of it bad) about the PL when the Kroenke family appear virtuous compared to the opposition.

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2021, 07:57 PM
Says a lot (all of it bad) about the PL when the Kroenke family appear virtuous compared to the opposition.

That’s a good point. I hate our ownership and their lack of interest in the Club (it isn’t really a Club anymore). But they are marginally preferable to a bunch of crooks robbing petro-states.

What type of evil cunt must you be to fail a PL fit and proper test?

Letters
09-10-2021, 09:15 PM
Maybe one day all the clubs will be owned by evil billionaires and the advantages that confers will be cancelled out.
All it'll do is just mean all the players will be getting a million pounds a week and none of them will be able to take a corner.

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2021, 09:33 PM
It’ll be a World Cup in Qatar every 2 years soon! Good times.

Wenger is on the case. I used to respect that man. Not any more.

I am invisible
10-10-2021, 08:05 AM
Maybe one day all the clubs will be owned by evil billionaires and the advantages that confers will be cancelled out.
All it'll do is just mean all the players will be getting a million pounds a week and none of them will be able to take a corner.
The danger that the Premier League now has is the cost of competition will become so high, and the chances of even making the top 4 so low, that the other 16 clubs won’t even bother. Their business models will become nothing more than 1) get wages under control, 2) sell to Newcastle / City / Chelsea / United for 9 figures wherever possible, and 3) don’t get relegated.

I would actually laugh my arse off if the rest of the clubs started saving all their best players for the games they can realistically win and started playing 11 kids and reserves against these clubs! Sure, they’ll win every game 20-0 and will get 100+ points every season, but let’s see how quickly everyone loses interest when every game they play is an u23-level kick around…

GP
10-10-2021, 09:45 AM

Not when there's the risk of relegation.

Super League :bow:

Bumble
10-10-2021, 12:46 PM
The danger that the Premier League now has is the cost of competition will become so high, and the chances of even making the top 4 so low, that the other 16 clubs won’t even bother. Their business models will become nothing more than 1) get wages under control, 2) sell to Newcastle / City / Chelsea / United for 9 figures wherever possible, and 3) don’t get relegated.

I would actually laugh my arse off if the rest of the clubs started saving all their best players for the games they can realistically win and started playing 11 kids and reserves against these clubs! Sure, they’ll win every game 20-0 and will get 100+ points every season, but let’s see how quickly everyone loses interest when every game they play is an u23-level kick around…

what competition how many times since the PL has existed has there been a real title race between more than 2 clubs. So perhaps 4 mega rich clubs will make it more competitive at the top.

Most other clubs objective is to not get relegated and maybe a cup. Europa league isnt really much incentive as it just messes up the league season by playing Thursday/Sunday/Thursday anyway.

i am actually glad another club is about to come to the trough. i am just glad they bought newcastle and not spurs.

I am invisible
10-10-2021, 02:29 PM
what competition how many times since the PL has existed has there been a real title race between more than 2 clubs. So perhaps 4 mega rich clubs will make it more competitive at the top.

Most other clubs objective is to not get relegated and maybe a cup. Europa league isnt really much incentive as it just messes up the league season by playing Thursday/Sunday/Thursday anyway.

i am actually glad another club is about to come to the trough. i am just glad they bought newcastle and not spurs.
The point is that it used to at least feel possible for anyone to mount a challenge if they got their shit together (at least in the first 15 years of the Prem). The fact that very few clubs actually did is neither here nor there - the opportunity at least always felt like it was there for the taking at the start of each season if you had a good plan and hired the right people.

Right now, I’m struggling to even picture a realistic scenario where we compete for the league again. Maybe a cup or a 4th place finish every 5-10 years, but that’s it. Doesn’t feel worth the time or effort required. The prospect of watching City, Chelsea and Newcastle buy the title off each other each year really doesn’t interest me, and I’m not sure I want to legitimise it by plastering on a fake smile and going through the motions for 10 months a year, every year, just so those 3 can pretend that they achieved something.

Niall_Quinn
10-10-2021, 06:19 PM

It's a bit like being glad there is a new strain of cancer that will undermine the grasp the current strains of cancer have on the victim.

I would like it to collapse and all the so-called players (who can't play for fuck compared to the likes of Henry and Bergkamp) be kicked out on the streets to starve and decompose. That's the very least I'd like to see for this pretend sport. As for the owners. Send them to me and I'll make sure they suffer. Then I'll sleep like a baby.

Football used to belong to us. It was ours. It was the shitty, lower class bullshit we could call our own. Even that was too much for the cunts, so they took it too. NOT ONE THING WILL BE LEFT FOR YOU.

You will own NOTHING, and be HAPPY.

Niall_Quinn
10-10-2021, 06:22 PM
The point is that it used to at least feel possible for anyone to mount a challenge if they got their shit together (at least in the first 15 years of the Prem). The fact that very few clubs actually did is neither here nor there - the opportunity at least always felt like it was there for the taking at the start of each season if you had a good plan and hired the right people.

Right now, I’m struggling to even picture a realistic scenario where we compete for the league again. Maybe a cup or a 4th place finish every 5-10 years, but that’s it. Doesn’t feel worth the time or effort required. The prospect of watching City, Chelsea and Newcastle buy the title off each other each year really doesn’t interest me, and I’m not sure I want to legitimise it by plastering on a fake smile and going through the motions for 10 months a year, every year, just so those 3 can pretend that they achieved something.

And say we somehow became so evil we could realistically compete. And we cheated our way to the top, like the chavs or the gypos or (to a lesser degree but let's not pretend) the scousers? Yay! We are the most evil club in the land. Let's have an open top parade. Let's tease spuds who are wannabe evil fucks but they just aren't evil enough. We are more evil than them. Suck it up, less evil losers! We are the most evil of all! Yay! The very definition of winning.

Bumble
11-10-2021, 12:59 PM

Liverpool showed you can compete with City and Chelsea in an isolated season. Does football really take up much of my time, not really. i dont go to games anymore. if its on tv i will watch it but i dont necessarily watch or pay attention to the full 90 minutes.

i think it has got to the stage where you enjoy an isolated game like beating chelsea spurs instead of a real expectation to finish top 4.

Mac76
11-10-2021, 04:52 PM
Liverpool showed you can compete with City and Chelsea in an isolated season. Does football really take up much of my time, not really. i dont go to games anymore. if its on tv i will watch it but i dont necessarily watch or pay attention to the full 90 minutes.

i think it has got to the stage where you enjoy an isolated game like beating chelsea spurs instead of a real expectation to finish top 4.

it's that kind of thing that keeps most football fans going - we're privileged to even think about being in the top 6 tbh

personally my expectations are so low i just want Xhaka to get binned and i'd be happy...

IBK
13-10-2021, 12:53 PM

I agree that this is a logical end point of what we are seeing in the EPL. If every club is owned by a billionaire there will be a certain levelling up. I think the problem is that even the billionaires will not be equal. If you are a Petro State buying good PR then any business case goes out of the window, and spending is essentially limitless. But our owner is a billionaire who is more interested in asset building than success, so some billionaires will not be prepared to match those prepared to spend the most. The result? If you are state owned or Abramovich then you will be top tier, because you don't care about the bottom line at all, and everyone else will be an also ran. Similar in a way to where we are now. The question in the long term is whether non top tier clubs will retain support - because part of being a supporter is the dream of success. With a growing divide, the league becomes totally uncompetetive and I can see a long slow death for the game as we know it now.

Funny how in the most capitalist country on earth the draft top sport tries to ensure that competition is kept alive, but in the EPL we are now beyond this. I see two long term results of this kind of unrestricted investment - (1) the top tier sides break off into a new incarnation of the ESL which at least preserves the illusion of competition (even though its a closed shop), or (2) we enter into a kind of WWF situation where football is regarded as pure entertainmet rather than true sporting endeavor.

IBK
13-10-2021, 12:58 PM

This is a very pertinent point. I have been saying for some time now that as Gooners we need to re-set our measure of what being a supporter means. If we can get into a mindset of enjoying individual games/wins, and the development of our team without this having to mean winning the league, then I think we will all be happier. it's not as though there is much alternative, is there? And this may in turn change our attitude towards our current manager/project.

Niall_Quinn
13-10-2021, 02:10 PM
I agree that this is a logical end point of what we are seeing in the EPL. If every club is owned by a billionaire there will be a certain levelling up. I think the problem is that even the billionaires will not be equal. If you are a Petro State buying good PR then any business case goes out of the window, and spending is essentially limitless. But our owner is a billionaire who is more interested in asset building than success, so some billionaires will not be prepared to match those prepared to spend the most. The result? If you are state owned or Abramovich then you will be top tier, because you don't care about the bottom line at all, and everyone else will be an also ran. Similar in a way to where we are now. The question in the long term is whether non top tier clubs will retain support - because part of being a supporter is the dream of success. With a growing divide, the league becomes totally uncompetetive and I can see a long slow death for the game as we know it now.

Funny how in the most capitalist country on earth the draft top sport tries to ensure that competition is kept alive, but in the EPL we are now beyond this. I see two long term results of this kind of unrestricted investment - (1) the top tier sides break off into a new incarnation of the ESL which at least preserves the illusion of competition (even though its a closed shop), or (2) we enter into a kind of WWF situation where football is regarded as pure entertainmet rather than true sporting endeavor.

I doubt the competition will be on the pitch in the future. TV hype and hyperbole can cover that, the way they do now as they explain how average to boring games are barnstormers and how players who can barely kick a ball are wifeworld beaters.

No, the competition will be in marketing departments and targeted at TV audiences and global (non-domestic) "fan" bases. Gambling, merchandise sales, world tours and other gimmicks designed to bring the brand to the newly cherished audiences. I suspect the domestic fans will be entirely priced out as more corporate and hospitality facilities replace actual seats in the stadiums. Or maybe they'll bring back standing and cram the plebs into a corner section with strict instructions to chuck them out of anyone uses bad language.

Nothing in the modern game gives any hope of any outcome that would restore the game to the original purpose. If anything, tribalism, genuine competition and winners and losers are all seen as undesirable these days. Even Wenger is out there pushing for a World Cup every 15 minutes. Why? Because it's the pinnacle of hype, the prize goose. And for people with money (and nothing else) on their minds, more (for them) is always better and enough is never enough.

Mind you, the fans aren't blameless. They cheered all this on. Well, most of them.

I am invisible
14-10-2021, 01:17 PM
And say we somehow became so evil we could realistically compete. And we cheated our way to the top, like the chavs or the gypos or (to a lesser degree but let's not pretend) the scousers? Yay! We are the most evil club in the land. Let's have an open top parade. Let's tease spuds who are wannabe evil fucks but they just aren't evil enough. We are more evil than them. Suck it up, less evil losers! We are the most evil of all! Yay! The very definition of winning.

It does kind of feel like we're already dead, doesn't it? Like those scenes in movies where someone gets shot, but they stagger on for a few moments before it registers. Feels like ur choices are either to find a sovereign wealth fund of our own to buy us titles, but in the process drive another nail in the coffin of the game we grew up following; or we make our peace with being irrelevant and never expecting to seriously challenge.

I am invisible
14-10-2021, 01:30 PM

It's always possible - it's just going to become harder and harder, and less and less likely. With Chelsea and City there the rest of us are realistically competing for 2 spots at the top most years. When Newcastle get established it will be 1 spot. And if United ever decide to do more than just be a marketing exercise then that will be 0 spots.

What Liverpool have done is great, but it's largely because they haven't put a foot wrong in the transfer market in the last 3-5 years - will they be able to keep doing that forever? They're gonna have a rebuild coming up soon, and they're going to have to do it without Michael Edwards.

I'm also wondering how easy / hard it will be trying to recruit from abroad and get visas for players going forward? Any time the rest of us start to get anywhere will one of those super-rich clubs just Bayern Munich us and rip the heart out of the competition?

I am invisible
14-10-2021, 02:58 PM
...Does football really take up much of my time, not really. i dont go to games anymore. if its on tv i will watch it but i dont necessarily watch or pay attention to the full 90 minutes.

it's that kind of thing that keeps most football fans going - we're privileged to even think about being in the top 6 tbh...

This is a very pertinent point. I have been saying for some time now that as Gooners we need to re-set our measure of what being a supporter means. If we can get into a mindset of enjoying individual games/wins, and the development of our team without this having to mean winning the league, then I think we will all be happier. it's not as though there is much alternative, is there? And this may in turn change our attitude towards our current manager/project.

:good:

I know everyone's thoroughly sick of the word by now, but my prediction is football will become more and more about following 'the process' for the rest of us. New success will be defined by who can best engage their fans and 'bring them along for the ride', so to speak. Who can explain their vision and then document it the best. Who has the most likeable personalities. Who has the best supporting network of bloggers, podcasters and content creators.

I reckon it will appeal to the next generation of fans anyway - most kids these days seem to follow players over clubs, and are more interested in social content than actual games.

Letters
14-10-2021, 04:08 PM
Wenger :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQg8JUMk9AM

Ollie the Optimist
15-10-2021, 02:28 PM
I think this film will be brilliant. Enough time has passed that pretty much all arsenal fans can truly appreciate how good the early 2000’s were. Doubtful we will ever see the likes again.

The clip of Fergie in the trailer saying that the unbeaten season will never be topped. I think thats probably true.

Chippy
25-10-2021, 03:10 PM
It seems that both Saliba and Guendouzi are making big impressions whilst on loan.

Arteta better make sure he brings them back! Remember Gnabry :doh:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/william-saliba-kylian-mbappe-arsenal-marseille-psg-b962368.html

dazthegooner
25-10-2021, 03:43 PM
Think Saliba is going to happen think Arteta has already said he's in his plan for next season (if he's still manager) Guendouzi if he improves his attitude we would a fools not to have him back.

GP
25-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Guendouzi is gone. The Gnabry situation isn't comparable.

Chippy
25-10-2021, 07:40 PM
Guendouzi is gone. The Gnabry situation isn't comparable.

Why is it not comparable?
Wenger didn't fancy Gnabry, Arteta doesn't like Guendouzi.

GP
25-10-2021, 09:38 PM

That's not true at all.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2021, 12:20 AM

Is this being judged on footballing ability? Or something else?

Wenger had lost the plot by the end. Arteta had lost the plot by the start.

Chippy
26-10-2021, 11:28 AM
Is this being judged on footballing ability? Or something else?

Wenger had lost the plot by the end. Arteta had lost the plot by the start.

Both tbf.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
27-10-2021, 02:01 AM
That's not true at all.

Pretty correct.

Gnarby had a few injuries with us and loan spells...however Wenger wanted him to stay and (unusually for AW) introduce him into the team slowly. Serge didn't agree and wanted a decent run in the team...at the end it worked out perfectly for him.

The only person that didn't rate Gnarby at all was Pulis IIRC....he was probably the sour taste that made Serge quit English football.

Bumble
01-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Spurs bit hasty on getting rid of Nuno... thought he was doing well.

Chippy
02-11-2021, 07:26 PM
Spurs bit hasty on getting rid of Nuno... thought he was doing well.

I am a bit nervous about Conte being there tbh. He has a good record of turning clubs around.

I was really enjoying them being shit.

Master Splinter
02-11-2021, 07:57 PM
He had two of the best squads in the world at Juventus and Chelsea. They weren't Europa-level squads like Spurs.

And his European record is seriously woeful.

He's definitely a good manager, but not on the level of Klopp or Guardiola. Or even Tuchel, who reached a CL final with PSG and then won it the next year with Chelsea.

If Levy gave him an unlimited budget, they'd be pretty dangerous in a couple of seasons. But given Levy's history, it's likely to end up a mess again.

I am invisible
04-11-2021, 07:26 AM
https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-antonio-conte-makes-social-media-blunder-after-sharing-arsenal-chant-20211103

Conte :haha:

spurs :pal:

Letters
25-11-2021, 12:47 PM
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-mikel-arteta-arsene-wenger-return-b968185.html

:patrice:

:d

GP
30-11-2021, 04:11 PM
Ray Kennedy has died.

Letters
30-11-2021, 04:33 PM
:rose:

Ralpheroo72
01-12-2021, 10:45 AM
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fc-gabriel-mugging-mercedes-25586268

Letters
05-12-2021, 03:07 PM
Arsenal Ladies 0 - Chelsea Ladies 1

HT in the women’s FA Cup Final.

Letters
05-12-2021, 03:18 PM
2-0 :doh:

Someone out!

Letters
05-12-2021, 03:38 PM
3-0. :doh:

Game over, man.
Game over.

Great lob, tbf.

Mac76
05-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Normal service resumed this weekend

We're below spuds and Moan U and down to 7th

Top four :rose:

Letters
05-12-2021, 07:51 PM
I also think we should lurch from euphoria to suicidal after every weekend’s results.

Mac76
06-12-2021, 09:47 AM
It's not a one-off though is it, Man Ure and spuds now have good managers and we're stuck with the kid who has grudges and inbuilt caution.

Pepe, Saliba, and before them Ozil and Guendouzi - how many more players is he going to throw on the junkpile while no doubt gearing up to put Xhaka back in the team as soon as he can stand up straight?

Letters
07-12-2021, 08:15 AM
Everywhere we go… :(

Bumble
07-12-2021, 11:48 PM
Everywhere we go… :(

Who we are...

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2021, 11:38 AM
https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-update-pierre-emerick-aubameyang

Aubameyang stripped of the captaincy and won't be considered for the West Ham game.

Marc Overmars
14-12-2021, 11:42 AM
Bye!

Ralpheroo72
14-12-2021, 12:10 PM
Sell him for whatever we can get, he doesn’t appear to give two fucks.

Letters
14-12-2021, 12:16 PM
Off you pop :wave:

Marc Overmars
14-12-2021, 12:16 PM
Looking forward to that Amazon documentary next year. :popcorn:

Mac76
14-12-2021, 12:25 PM
https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-update-pierre-emerick-aubameyang

Martinelli's looking different these days...

Ollie the Optimist
14-12-2021, 12:54 PM
Remember when arteta sacked Willian for going to Dubai against covid regulations ?

Me neither, because he played him the next game.

This is arteta trying to be billy big bollocks

dazthegooner
14-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Well it was on the cards it's not the first time Auba's done it, he should never have been made captain in the first place I'm just hoping he give's the captaincy to either Tierney or Gabriel one things for sure Arteta bloody not reinstate Xhaka :threaten:

Letters
14-12-2021, 01:11 PM
Looking forward to that Amazon documentary next year. :popcorn:

Spoiler: It's Nothing.

dazthegooner
14-12-2021, 01:13 PM
Arteta's press conference at 1.30 how long before he changes to subject on Auba? Will probably fixate on the Covid outbreak.

Well when mentioning the leadership group in the squad he mentioned Laca and Xhaka only.

Marc Overmars
14-12-2021, 01:41 PM
Remember when arteta sacked Willian for going to Dubai against covid regulations ?

To be fair it’s not the first time for Auba.

I’m not an Arteta fan but if you’re the boss you’ve got to set an example if someone is taking the piss. Especially if that someone is supposed to be your captain

He’s shite anyway and been a complete let down since getting that new deal.

New striker is essential next summer.

WMUG
14-12-2021, 02:22 PM
Rumour is that Ødegaard is getting it. Interesting choice, he's already Norway captain.

Lots were calling for Tierney too. As long as it's not fucking Xhaka

Letters
14-12-2021, 02:31 PM
It would be worth it being Xhaka just to watch Mac explode :lol:

Tierney is my vote, not that I get one.

Ødegaard wouldn't have been an obvious choice, I didn't know he was Norway captain though.

Marc Overmars
14-12-2021, 02:41 PM
Tierney for sure. The squad is young so I think it’s suitable to give it to one of the younger guys. Especially someone who the fans really appreciate.

dazthegooner
14-12-2021, 02:46 PM
Well as I said he mentioned Laca and Xkaka in his press conference which would be ideal NOT!!! one can't last 90 minutes (and he's off this season anyway) and the other has trouble staying ON for 90 minutes so has to be someone wlse :pray:

Mac76
14-12-2021, 05:24 PM
Rumour is that Ødegaard is getting it. Interesting choice, he's already Norway captain.

Lots were calling for Tierney too. As long as it's not fucking Xhaka

Odegaard a good choice or Tierney yes, Xhaka can f**k off

I am invisible
14-12-2021, 05:26 PM
Vice captain’s gonna have their work cut out if we give it to Tierney!

GP
14-12-2021, 06:13 PM
It can't be Tierney because of the language barrier

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2021, 06:27 PM

This isn't Aubameyang's first time though. Not all comparisons are valid.

Mac76
14-12-2021, 07:22 PM

Ollie's right, Arteta's trying to wave his dick around again, always picking on the easy target as auba's not scoring

what would Xhaka have to do to fall out of favour - do away with Arteta's wife and kids?

I am invisible
14-12-2021, 08:02 PM
Very different squad this year: Arteta might have had to swallow this last year because the senior players would have downed tools and sunk him; this year those guys are mostly gone and the first team is full of his men - he knows he can win this one.

Ollie the Optimist
14-12-2021, 08:13 PM

A reasonable point but then look at last season. Pepe got his first red card (no denying it was a stupid one) and arteta goes for him in the media.

The next game xhaka gets yet another stupid red card & arteta says it’s an internal matter.

He has his favourites and it’s obvious

Xhaka Can’t
14-12-2021, 10:05 PM
Tierney for sure. The squad is young so I think it’s suitable to give it to one of the younger guys. Especially someone who the fans really appreciate.

It worked for Adams.

Xhaka Can’t
14-12-2021, 10:08 PM
Ollie's right, Arteta's trying to wave his dick around again, always picking on the easy target as auba's not scoring

what would Xhaka have to do to fall out of favour - do away with Arteta's wife and kids?

It doesn’t matter what the reason.

Is Aubameyang a captain?

KSE Comedy Club
15-12-2021, 08:22 AM
Auba is finished imo.

He has stunk the place out the for last 6 games, and been off form since he 'signed da ting'

Time to shift him on and get a striker in that scores goals.

Same with Laca too while we are at it.

Niall_Quinn
15-12-2021, 08:43 AM
Are you going to change your name to Aubameyang's Dearly Departed Wang?

McNamara That Ghost...
15-12-2021, 09:30 AM

The easy target? What an odd take.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-12-2021, 09:32 AM
A reasonable point but then look at last season. Pepe got his first red card (no denying it was a stupid one) and arteta goes for him in the media.

The next game xhaka gets yet another stupid red card & arteta says it’s an internal matter.

He has his favourites and it’s obvious

We can go in to on-field issues if you want but I really don't see the relevance here to what has happened with Aubameyang.

Niall_Quinn
15-12-2021, 09:53 AM
Auba's a gifted footballer but evidently a flawed character. Last few times I watched him, admittedly a while ago, it looked like he wasn't much interested in football any more. Not really an acceptable attitude considering the amount of cash he's extracting from fans' pockets. If he's as shiftless today as he was when I saw him then he's no loss to anyone.

WMUG
15-12-2021, 11:33 AM
Auba's a gifted footballer but evidently a flawed character. Last few times I watched him, admittedly a while ago, it looked like he wasn't much interested in football any more. Not really an acceptable attitude considering the amount of cash he's extracting from fans' pockets. If he's as shiftless today as he was when I saw him then he's no loss to anyone.

He's also had malaria and covid in quick succession so it's somewhat understandable that he might be off pace on the pitch, but the off field stuff like turning up late to an NLD and now this makes it untenable.

So yeah, he'll be gone soon and we'll keep this as a lesson to learn (second time round) about what can happen when you give footballers massive contracts with no incentive to improve.

Letters
15-12-2021, 11:37 AM
This is the trouble with these guys' getting hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. It makes them untouchable.
What are you going to do, fine them?
So much undeserved reward in football these days.

Mac76
15-12-2021, 12:43 PM
It doesn’t matter what the reason.

Is Aubameyang a captain?

no, but neither is Xhaka, but you just wait to see who gets the armband...

Mac76
15-12-2021, 04:43 PM
Laca :lol:

Auba :pal:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/alexandre-lacazette-aubameyang-arsenal-captaincy-22465239

I am invisible
15-12-2021, 06:50 PM
no, but neither is Xhaka, but you just wait to see who gets the armband...
God, I hope he doesn’t give it back to Xhaka! We’ve only just got back to a place where we can sort of live with each other again - the last thing any of us need (Xhaka included) is for that blow up again!

LDG
15-12-2021, 10:15 PM
Give it Gabriel

dazthegooner
16-12-2021, 01:41 PM
Think our game against Leeds will probably be called off.

Chippy
16-12-2021, 02:29 PM
Think our game against Leeds will probably be called off.

At least we won't lose ANOTHER Saturday evening fixture :jumpnana:

Marc Overmars
17-12-2021, 02:59 PM
Auba won’t be involved again this weekend.

Sounds like he’s going to be left to rot like Ozil. :lol:

Letters
17-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Get rid in January.

Munchies
17-12-2021, 06:21 PM
he's been banned from training too now

Cya!

Marc Overmars
17-12-2021, 09:46 PM
Yeah to not even be involved with the first team squad now suggests he’s done.

Letters
21-12-2021, 07:16 AM
Owen :haha:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/17/owen-makes-premier-league-predictions-including-arsenal-chelsea-and-liverpool-15788651/

dazthegooner
21-12-2021, 07:27 AM
A solo 'Bloopers' show awaits him :good:

Xhaka Can’t
21-12-2021, 08:31 AM
It is a real head scratcher how he managed to run up such huge gambling debts.

Letters
21-12-2021, 11:30 AM
Wenger :doh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59721490

Xhaka Can’t
21-12-2021, 11:40 AM
Wenger out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letters
21-12-2021, 02:21 PM
Dry your eyes, Garth :pal:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/20/mikel-arteta-arsenal-branded-ordinary-unbearable-garth-crooks-15796247/

Marc Overmars
21-12-2021, 02:52 PM
I didn’t even know he was still a thing.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-12-2021, 09:36 PM
Carabao Cup semi-final draw is on soon.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-12-2021, 10:09 PM
Arsenal v Liverpool
Spuds v Chelsea

GP
22-12-2021, 10:15 PM
I didn’t even know he was still a thing.

First of all, that's racist.

Chippy
23-12-2021, 11:35 AM
Arsenal v Liverpool
Spuds v Chelsea

First ever NLD Final?

Letters
23-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Chelsea vs Liverpool Final?

Probably

WMUG
23-12-2021, 02:40 PM
Get in, great draw for me.

Short train ride away, expanded away section meaning I'll be eligible to get tickets, should be a great atmosphere.

Not sure my heart could take an NLD final though :lol:

Chippy
23-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Probably

:sarcy:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-12-2021, 07:39 PM
Our game against Wolves has been postponed.

Chippy
26-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Our game against Wolves has been postponed.

That's pretty annoying.

GP
26-12-2021, 08:00 PM
If they can't fulfil the fixture they should forfeit

Letters
26-12-2021, 08:24 PM
forfeit

The two sweetest words in the English language :cool:

Chippy
26-12-2021, 08:32 PM
If they can't fulfil the fixture they should forfeit

If it were us, we would be deducted points :angry:

Mac76
26-12-2021, 08:37 PM
If it were us, we would be deducted points :angry:

And Xhaka banned :pray:

Marc Overmars
27-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Bit annoying as we’re on a roll at the moment.

At least there isn’t long to wait for the City game.

I am invisible
27-12-2021, 10:02 AM
Also City still have to play away on Wednesday evening so I’m ok with this.

I am invisible
27-12-2021, 10:10 AM
Huh. I think… I’m looking forward to Arsenal games again?

WMUG
27-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Wolves would've had 9 days rest vs us having 48 hours, so this works out ok for us.

I was looking forward to watching it with my dad and cousin whilst making the rest of the family figure out something else to do though :lol:

Chippy
27-12-2021, 02:48 PM
Also City still have to play away on Wednesday evening so I’m ok with this.

Are you thinking we may get something against City? :haha:

I am invisible
27-12-2021, 04:15 PM
I’ll take any kind of unfair advantage I can get, no matter how slight.

Chippy
27-12-2021, 05:46 PM
I’ll take any kind of unfair advantage I can get, no matter how slight.

Fair enough 😁

GP
27-12-2021, 07:30 PM
Selling Willock to buy Odegaard was great business.

Letters
28-12-2021, 08:26 AM

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2021, 10:57 AM
Arteta has tested positive for Covid, again.

He really must stop going around licking people.

WMUG
29-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Won't be on the touchline for the City game, which given how much in-game instruction he gives is probably a loss.

Mac76
29-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Won't be on the touchline for the City game, which given how much in-game instruction he gives is probably a loss.

actually i think it will be a good thing - he always goes over-defensive against Citeh and/or tries to outsmart Pep with some stupid tactic or other, so maybe this time the team will just be able to get on with it...

Chippy
01-01-2022, 07:43 PM
actually i think it will be a good thing - he always goes over-defensive against Citeh and/or tries to outsmart Pep with some stupid tactic or other, so maybe this time the team will just be able to get on with it...

Today is why football is going to kill me with a heart attack or stroke.
We lose in the 93rd minute and those cunts down the road win their game in the 96th minute.
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck

dazthegooner
03-01-2022, 09:39 AM
FA may charge Arsenal for objects thrown at a player who took off his shirt enticing the crowd which is I believe a booking offence and warrants a 2nd yellow card and a sending off. <_<

Mac76
03-01-2022, 11:03 AM
FA may charge Arsenal for objects thrown at a player who took off his shirt enticing the crowd which is I believe a booking offence and warrants a 2nd yellow card and a sending off. <_<

Well quite i thought exactly the same re two yellows - let them charge us, fuck 'em we all know where are now, we've alwaya known the FA hate us, right back to the battle of Old Shiteford when we got really harshly punished after

dazthegooner
03-01-2022, 02:57 PM
So the January transfer window is open does this also include referees? Think we need to purchase one or two though the more corrupt one's will probably be too expensive/have long contracts :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-01-2022, 07:05 PM
Liverpool have requested to postpone the first leg of our League Cup semi-final.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59872772

When the hell would that be able to be played?

Should have to forfeit the first leg I say. And the fans get to vote who scored in the 3-0 win. :bow:

Marc Overmars
04-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Think it’s daft this cup still has two leg semi finals.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-01-2022, 09:40 AM
Get more money out of it, must be the only reason.

Also, Liverpool's assistant has Covid. Milner to be player/manager? :ninja:

Marc Overmars
05-01-2022, 11:10 AM
Almost certain to be canned now you’d think.

dazthegooner
05-01-2022, 12:29 PM
We've been charged with failure to control our players against Man city nothing for their player enticing the crowd <_<

WMUG
05-01-2022, 12:48 PM
Hope whatever happens doesn't affect the 2nd leg, I've got tickets and have been looking forward to it for ages :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Maybe the only thing they can do if they're insistent on it being two legs (Chelsea and Tottenham will kick up a stink if we play a single tie and they have to play two) is change the 2nd leg to the first leg.

And then you've only got one date to fit in somewhere between now and late February. Again when that could happen, not a clue.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-01-2022, 01:01 PM
Postponed till the 20th.

They've swapped the legs around, so the game on the 13th will just be the first leg now.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-01-2022, 01:16 PM
https://www.arsenal.com/carabao-cup-semi-final-postponed-liverpool-emirates-stadium

Yeah there it is.

Ollie the Optimist
05-01-2022, 01:32 PM
So Leyton orient were told either play a team or forfeit their game against spurs due to covid because those were the rules.

Wonder how they are feeling today

Mac76
05-01-2022, 01:41 PM
https://www.arsenal.com/carabao-cup-semi-final-postponed-liverpool-emirates-stadium

Yeah there it is.

oh well that might help i guess, if the second leg is at home and we know what we have to do

I am invisible
05-01-2022, 03:49 PM
Guaranteed we'll have a load of COVID cases for the rescheduled fixture.