PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Fuck.

Relax, he just meant new players are more concerned about renegotiating a new contract.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2012, 12:10 PM
You are just a racist of new yachts.

Was I that transparent? :-(

LDG
25-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Some gumbo's came up with this as the protest leaflet.....I have a feeling they may have spent all of 30 minutes of last night doing it.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1398686.ece/BINARY/Arsenal.jpg

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Run by ****s, run by ****s, run by ****s...
Run by ****s, run by ****s, run by cu-unts...
Run by ****s, run by ****s, run by ****s...
Run by ****s...
Run
by
****s...

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Wenger should be sacked right then and there for the "CL is a bigger trophy than the FA and League Cups"

Earlier in the AGM

Gazidis says Arsenal No. 1 ambition remains success on the pitch.

Not to Wenger apparently

Marc Overmars
25-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Unfortunatley qualifying for the CL is more important than winning the FA Cup or League Cup these days.

For the fans it's shit but for the players and board, the prestige and money the CL brings is of the highest importance.

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Is it?

Our best players still leave every summer cos of lack of trophies

We qualify for the CL every season. Do f all in it admittedly but we are in it.

Doesnt stop players leaving

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Wenger says qualifying for the Champions League is more important than winning FA or League Cup. He adds that potential signings don't care about winning the League Cup - they want to play in the Champions League.

WTF

12.35: Wenger given rapturous round of applause as he ends his speech. Saved the day yet again...

:haha: Who the fuck was clapping, was Ollie there.

So PHW was a **** appretnly.

Stan Kroenke speaks for the first time. Says only regret he has about his involvement with Arsenal is that he didn't get involved sooner.

11.56: When asked about lack of spending in transfer market, Gazidis says spending every last penny they have available is not the answe

Says it all really, even if Wenger goes were still fucked.

[QUOTE] One fan asks (rightly so) why it costs £13.90 for fish and chips. Dodged by Gazidis. £13.90!

Moe :bow:

Chairman Hill-Wood not coming across well here. Making snide, disrespectful jibes about supporters who are only venting their obvious frustrations. Not good.

Zimm was not there was he.

Hill-Wood defends the current board before dodging question about age and gender of current board. What a surprise!

Basically fuck you all i am not going no where till i die, deal with it you ****s.

Stan Kroenke quotes:

"This club is run through the board. I have always been respectful of that process.

"Aside from that, as majority shareholder it is clear we have a record in sports around the world and you can look at our record with our other clubs.

"We have never put any debt on this club for acquisitions (during the takeover) and never said money was not available to spend.

"We acquire through our own resources."

Kroenke, who completed his takeover of Arsenal's parent holding company in 2011, added: "I have one regret with Arsenal and that is that I did not get involved earlier.

"We have a record of reinvestment in our other clubs and it is there for everyone to see."

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Wenger should be sacked right then and there for the "CL is a bigger trophy than the FA and League Cups"

Earlier in the AGM

Not to Wenger apparently

Are you that dumb.

Marc Overmars
25-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Is it?

Our best players still leave every summer cos of lack of trophies

We qualify for the CL every season. Do f all in it admittedly but we are in it.

Doesnt stop players leaving

If we actually challenged for the League and CL I'm sure we'd manage to keep hold of them. Or at least stand a better chance of doing so.

As it happens we have no chance of challenging for either and the players know that, so off they go.

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Are you that dumb.

Clearly not at your level

But im trying

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Clearly not at your level

But im trying

Says the guy who think the board will sack Wenger, Laughable tbh.

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Says the guy who think the board will sack Wenger, Laughable tbh.

Never said that

LDG
25-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Listening to Ach and Charlie is like sitting in on the AGM.

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Humiliating Charlie is like winning a trophy. It is more important than humiliating others. When posters join GW, they dont want to humiliate Pub Team Posters.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 01:08 PM

He's PHW both chat alot of shit.

Gervinho's Forehead
25-10-2012, 01:17 PM
whata**** phw is.

What a disrespectful wanker.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-10-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.screensouth.org/news/images/GetOffMyLand(web).jpg

PHW. :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-10-2012, 01:30 PM
stewart robson on talksport a minute ago said wenger and bould have had a rift as bould's not been allowed to work with the defence.

no wonder we look like a different team from the start of the season. we went from a solid defence to utter shit. fuck off wenger.

Marc Overmars
25-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Wenget the control freak. :doh:

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2012, 01:36 PM
stewart robson on talksport a minute ago said wenger and bould have had a rift as bould's not been allowed to work with the defence.

no wonder we look like a different team from the start of the season. we went from a solid defence to utter shit. fuck off wenger.

:wacko: Could that even possibly be true?

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Robson is a knob but it sounds like something Wenger would do.

Power n Glory
25-10-2012, 01:49 PM

That's bad! Probably the zonal marking rubbish.

Kano
25-10-2012, 02:26 PM
i fucking hate stewart robson

“I hoped that [when Steve Bould was appointed] he would do more with the defence but I’m not sure whether he’s being allowed to do that by Arsene Wenger.

“I think there might be a rift in the camp between those two from what I’ve heard.”
hardly compelling evidence

plus djourou says otherwise

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-steve-boulds-promotion-to-no2-1346923

Dennis Bendtner
25-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Stewart Robson in bitter cretin shocker.

LDG
25-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Stewart Robson in bitter cretin shocker.

I bet he was wearing a black polo neck.

Power n Glory
25-10-2012, 02:55 PM
i fucking hate stewart robson

hardly compelling evidence

plus djourou says otherwise

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-steve-boulds-promotion-to-no2-1346923

That is a month old old though.

Kano
25-10-2012, 02:57 PM
and?

Power n Glory
25-10-2012, 03:09 PM
and?

Just saying. That's not evidence either because that's a month old and who the heck knows what happens in training on a daily.

Kano
25-10-2012, 03:19 PM
it would be ludicrous to think that would change - on what basis? most of the goals haven't come from bad shape but stupid mistakes.

last night was poor shape and discipline, so hopefully we aren't going backwards

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 03:24 PM

Robson said it so it must be true :rolleyes: Robsons a bitter **** who is still pissed the club never offered him a job.

Power n Glory
25-10-2012, 03:31 PM
it would be ludicrous to think that would change - on what basis? most of the goals haven't come from bad shape but stupid mistakes.

last night was poor shape and discipline, so hopefully we aren't going backwards

Well, it is all hearsay and nobody knows for sure, but I wouldn't use an old story to dismiss what Robson said on talksport. Could be a recent bust up. Could be bollocks.

But in regards to the squad shape changing....Podolski wasn't really working that hard down the wing last night. That is the only thing I have noticed and we may have lost a bit of intensity when it comes to winning back the ball and defending in numbers.

Kano
25-10-2012, 03:34 PM
i dunno, i'd say a month ago is still relevant

Power n Glory
25-10-2012, 03:44 PM
True, but they could have had a bust up last week for all we know. But saying that, some journalists like to stir up rubbish, so I understand the point in not taking this guys word as gospel.

The AGM speeches are on the official site.

http://www.arsenal.com/home

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Thing is Png It does seem like something Wenger would do, but just because Robson say so does it mean its true. Id not be shocked if it was true. However i always seen Bould to be someone who don't take no shit and is not a puppet.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Wenger says qualifying for the Champions League is more important than winning FA or League Cup. He adds that potential signings don't care about winning the League Cup - they want to play in the Champions League.

Still can't believe this was said. If our players did not care about the league cup, why then did u fuck up our who season when we lost in the final.

Wenger what a muppet, makes Kermit lookl like more of a man.

GP
25-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Still can't believe this was said. If our players did not care about the league cup, why then did u fuck up our who season when we lost in the final.

Wenger what a muppet, makes Kermit lookl like more of a man.

Calm down. He's right about this.

Boss
25-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Anyone with half a brain would see that qualifying for the CL is far more important than either the FA Cup or COC.

Wenger did pretty well in the AGM, not much he could have really said differently. The others however were shocking, especially PHW.

Apparently Arsenal's second most famous Indian fan ( :bow: :bow: ) asked Wenger a question privately and got the following:

"Spoke to Arsene who tells me that RvP was offered 300k by Man City. Wow."

Don't really think you can claim VP went for the money, I guess.

Letters
25-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Anyone with half a brain would see that qualifying for the CL is far more important than either the FA Cup or COC.
More important than the latter, certainly. Than the former? Debatable.
In purely business terms it is of course, and that's the most important thing.

:(

Özim
25-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Wenger

He also acknowledged there was "a lot of dissatisfaction" among supporters but urged them not to "go overboard", insisting his side were capable of winning trophies.

"This team started [the season] in a very dynamic and promising way," said Wenger. "We hit the wall in the last two games, which was a bit unexplainable.

"But the attitude and focus of the team every day is fantastic. I am optimistic we will have a good season and the players will show I am right."

Honestly, I despair with this guy, in 7 years he's won nothing and yet still maintains his teams can "win trophies". Once again the he praises the attitude and focus, it's been clear out attitude and focus has been poor recently and that this has been a problem for years.

The players won't show him he's right, they haven't for 7 years and never will, he can't see that as he's just blinkered, the facts are though that unless we start signing quality and replacing our best players with quality when they leave we'll never have a hope of winning anything.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Calm down. He's right about this.

Not saying he is not right, i just don't think it needed to be said, especially after yesterday game, its like a slap in the face.

I heard aw came off well in the AGM.

Özim
25-10-2012, 04:33 PM

Wenger did pretty well in the AGM, not much he could have really said differently. The others however were shocking, especially PHW.

Apparently Arsenal's second most famous Indian fan ( :bow: :bow: ) asked Wenger a question privately and got the following:

Don't really think you can claim VP went for the money, I guess.
If you class doing pretty well as spouting out his usual nonsense then yes.

IMO he's very patronising with his comment about not going "overboard" because his side can "win trophies". Where's the proof, since 2005 he's not won anything so how he can keep spouting out this patronising nonsense is beyond me. I wish someone would tell it how it is and tell him to stop living in his little dreamworld, come back to reality and see what he's actually delivered in the last years, despite his repeated claims we were ready to win trophies.

But yeah PHW and co were shocking.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Wenger

Honestly, I despair with this guy, in 7 years he's won nothing and yet still maintains his teams can "win trophies". Once again the he praises the attitude and focus, it's been clear out attitude and focus has been poor recently and that this has been a problem for years.

The players won't show him he's right, they haven't for 7 years and never will, he can't see that as he's just blinkered, the facts are though that unless we start signing quality and replacing our best players with quality when they leave we'll never have a hope of winning anything.

They can though, we are capable of winning A coc or fa cup, so he is not wrong in that sense. Are they capable of winning the league, well we have hand chances in the last 7 years too. If it was not for the cc defeat, we have probs gone on to win the league.

Do you expect him to say my side is shit they have no chance.

The players won't show him he's right, they haven't for 7 years and never will, he can't see that as he's just blinkered,

What diffrence does this make if he just making money for the board, makes no difffence whatsover. You go on he'd rather make money then win stuff, then that means he don't want to win rather then being good enough to win.

Özim
25-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Not saying he is not right, i just don't think it needed to be said, especially after yesterday game, its like a slap in the face.

I heard aw came off well in the AGM.
I totally agree, as for attracting top players, we hardly do that, we sign replacements some better than others, none of them who we couldn't sign without CL football.

Fats
25-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Of corse we are capable in footballing terms and talent. Mentally we have no chance at all

Özim
25-10-2012, 04:39 PM
They can though, we are capable of winning A coc or fa cup, so he is not wrong in that sense. Are they capable of winning the league, well we have hand chances in the last 7 years too. If it was not for the cc defeat, we have probs gone on to win the league.

Do you expect him to say my side is shit they have no chance.
I really don't think they are, wrong attitude and wrong mentality, winners aren't happy when they lose. Cazorla is a very good player but watching him having a laugh with his pal after the final whistle was sickening, he should have been disappointed he lost, he really didn't seem bothered and that goes for a lot of our players.

Winning teams aren't just good teams, they are focussed and have a will to win, we don't and haven't had since the days of Vieira.

You don't fail to take your chances as often as we have through bad luck alone.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Of corse we are capable in footballing terms and talent. Mentally we have no chance at all

This and this stems from the manager. And i don't think Wenger had a strong mentality even with the invincibles.

Power n Glory
25-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I felt a little sorry for Wenger after watching that. You can see he's getting old and he didn't come across as arrogant at all. Humbled but at the same time persistent with his belief. He didn't want to talk after the loss. It's sad but the fact is, he's lost his niche. But he is right about the Champs League. But at the same time it doesn't mean we should neglect the cups and there is no excuse for our recent record. If we can win doubles then surely we should be able to win the FA Cup/League Cup along with CL qualification?

Özim
25-10-2012, 04:43 PM
This and this stems from the manager. And i don't think Wenger had a strong mentality even with the invincibles.
No but what he had was strong winners on the pitch, the likes of Adams, Keown, Vieira, Henry, Campbell etc were all players that were winners, we also had some real leaders on the pitch.

Nowadays we're really a bit of a nothing team, Wenger has said in the past captains don't matter, I totally disagree players who can lead a team, hold them together when they are falling apart and lead by example are crucial to a successful team.

Özim
25-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I felt a little sorry for Wenger after watching that. You can see he's getting old and he didn't come across as arrogant at all. Humbled but at the same time persistent with his belief. He didn't want to talk after the loss. It's sad but the fact is, he's lost his niche. But he is right about the Champs League. But at the same time it doesn't mean we should neglect the cups and there is no excuse for our recent record. If we can win doubles then surely we should be able to win the FA Cup/League Cup along with CL qualification?
I can't feel sorry for him, he defends principles you can't defend, blaming injuries, bad starts to the season and poor transfer dealings.

Problem a good season for him is 4th place, unfortunately only he and the club are proud with this, he also talks about spirit of the club, behaviour and style of our play non of which are great at the club. He talks about bringing 60% of players through and bringing in 40% of top quality players, we don't, not even close.

Basically he doesn't see what actually happens.

Apparently we want to win the CL, could have fooled me, we don't try our best to do so, haven't for years.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I really don't think they are, wrong attitude and wrong mentality, winners aren't happy when they lose. Cazorla is a very good player but watching him having a laugh with his pal after the final whistle was sickening, he should have been disappointed he lost, he really didn't seem bothered and that goes for a lot of our players.

Winning teams aren't just good teams, they are focussed and have a will to win, we don't and haven't had since the days of Vieira.

You don't fail to take your chances as often as we have through bad luck alone.

Never saw the Santi thing so bit hard to comment on it, but yeah he should have been disapointed, maybe its his way to deal with things, maybe in the dressing room he was more pissed.

Im not bothered about players not showing upset, if they are only going to underperform in the next game.

jelgoon
25-10-2012, 05:00 PM
We will not win another major trophy under Wenger. Its a disgrace this man get £7million a year. Astonishing in fact. Its nothing to do with what players are or are not available to buy. As everyone on here acknowledges, we should have beaten Norwich whatever team we put out. Last night we didnt just lose - we didnt have a shot on goal. As someone who travels a lot on charitable work, I see Wenger as no different from the dictators who have been in power for 30 years and wont leave as they consider themselves to be irrepaceable. Meanwhils they do fuck all year after year apart from rape the cournty of funds.

Wenger

jelgoon
25-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Exactly, and who is that down to? Wenger. I just dont know how we ever won anything under that guy. The team is gutless season after season.

Özim
25-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Never saw the Santi thing so bit hard to comment on it, but yeah he should have been disapointed, maybe its his way to deal with things, maybe in the dressing room he was more pissed.

Im not bothered about players not showing upset, if they are only going to underperform in the next game.
A player who is upset at losing will give more to make sure it doesn't happen again, players who aren't too bothered by losing are never going to win you trophies, you have to want something to get it, it won't just land on your lap.

I just don't think the attitude has been right for years, do you think the like of Vieira and co would have been smiling after losing games?

Özim
25-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Exactly, and who is that down to? Wenger. I just dont know how we ever won anything under that guy. The team is gutless season after season.
He happened to have strong willed winners when he arrived that did the job for him, he also managed to sign players who were leaders and were winners, at one point he abandoned everything that made him successful and did the opposite. The result is what we have today, it never made sense to me and despite the lack of success he's stuck with these policies, I just don't get it.

I wish someone would do a side by side comparison between his successful teams and the teams of recent years and point out all of the differences to him, to show him where he's been going wrong for so long.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 05:06 PM

:gp:

Have not seen the interview, kind of see what you mean though.

Özim
25-10-2012, 05:11 PM
We will not win another major trophy under Wenger. Its a disgrace this man get £7million a year. Astonishing in fact. Its nothing to do with what players are or are not available to buy. As everyone on here acknowledges, we should have beaten Norwich whatever team we put out. Last night we didnt just lose - we didnt have a shot on goal. As someone who travels a lot on charitable work, I see Wenger as no different from the dictators who have been in power for 30 years and wont leave as they consider themselves to be irrepaceable. Meanwhils they do fuck all year after year apart from rape the cournty of funds.
I agree we won't, everything about the way we approach the game is wrong, we expect and get everything we want without having to work for it and this is the result.

Despite the lack of success, Wenger continues to praise everything that happens and ignore the reality, this is just another example. He talks about good attitude and spirit and yet we show no sign of that on the pitch, he's just lying to himself and everyone else.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Rubbish, you can't call the likes of Henry/Paddy V/Dennis Berkamp Gutless. The invinvcibles where the best team in the league.

Like Zimm said in them days we signed quality players and in a way we have not moved so we have a bit more money to splay with. Also you could get a player like Toure for cheap who was quality.

Those cheap players are not quality these days and thats the diffrence.

To say you don't know how he ever won a trophy is silly.

Ollie the Optimist
25-10-2012, 07:43 PM
wenger's one saving grace for me is that i know he loves and cares about this club deeply, the same however cannot be said about hill wood , kronke etc. i want them out and out now, look at hte way the two handle themselves, today wenger accepted blame and spoke well, hill wood insults us fans.

i want the board out, and wenger to stay, however, this doesnt mean i think he can do no wrong etc, he has made some serious mistakes and needs to sort the problems out fast but a new board, perhaps david dein, putting pressure on him, demanding explanations for everything might just make a difference instead of what we have now.

though i think the time for a new manager is close :(

GP
25-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Whatever you think of him, it's a nonsense to suggest Hill-Wood doesn't love the club.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Is their a link to the AGM please.

Ollie the Optimist
25-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Is their a link to the AGM please.

there is one on arseblog by hayley wright which is a good summary. dont have link, but just google it

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-10-2012, 07:51 PM
dont understand why at arsenal its either champions league qualification or a domestic trophy. why are they mutually exclusive?

and why does that stop us signing top players? were malaga in the champions league when cazorla went there?

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 08:02 PM
A player who is upset at losing will give more to make sure it doesn't happen again, players who aren't too bothered by losing are never going to win you trophies, you have to want something to get it, it won't just land on your lap.

I just don't think the attitude has been right for years, do you think the like of Vieira and co would have been smiling after losing games?

Maybe, i've seen Heny Smile after we lost games, i've seen him joke with the opposition before we stepped on the pitch. End of the day as long as they deliever the goods in the next game and no they did wong in the last game is all that matters.

Players are not like they used to be, don't matte who they play for its all about the money, only diffrence is some players are better then others.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Whatever you think of him, it's a nonsense to suggest Hill-Wood doesn't love the club.

Hillwood speaks alot of sense his problem is he is off the old school tell it how it is type. He likes to be brash with the fans "you either like it or lump it".

Of course he loves the club and Wenge doe to no doubt about that.

Actually watching Wenger speak, made what he said not seem so bad to how it seem, when it was reported, he was not arrogant as some suggested.

The fact he kept saying.

We" sold

We" Bought

was very interesting.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 08:13 PM
dont understand why at arsenal its either champions league qualification or a domestic trophy. why are they mutually exclusive?

and why does that stop us signing top players? were malaga in the champions league when cazorla went there?

CL brings in more money. How many gooners even care about winning the CC, its been called a mickey mouse cup for years and years now.

and why does that stop us signing top players?

Maybe it does, managers talk to agents and players maybe most want CL footie rathe then a CC medal.

jelgoon
25-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Obviously I meant after the invincibles ie from 2005/2006 onwards.
Rubbish, you can't call the likes of Henry/Paddy V/Dennis Berkamp Gutless. The invinvcibles where the best team in the league.

Like Zimm said in them days we signed quality players and in a way we have not moved so we have a bit more money to splay with. Also you could get a player like Toure for cheap who was quality.

Those cheap players are not quality these days and thats the diffrence.

To say you don't know how he ever won a trophy is silly.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Obviously I meant after the invincibles ie from 2005/2006 onwards.

Fair enough then.

jelgoon
25-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Well the board isnt going anywhere anytime soon. Kroenke's shares increase in value with every day that the debt is paid off, so he is just waiting for us to get fourth yet again.I dont know how anyone can defend Hill Wood - he insults the fans both in the language he uses against them and the shit that he speaks generally. Its time for Arsenal to move on and get rid of these patrician hereditary Old Etonian Hill Woods and move into the 20th century
wenger's one saving grace for me is that i know he loves and cares about this club deeply, the same however cannot be said about hill wood , kronke etc. i want them out and out now, look at hte way the two handle themselves, today wenger accepted blame and spoke well, hill wood insults us fans.

i want the board out, and wenger to stay, however, this doesnt mean i think he can do no wrong etc, he has made some serious mistakes and needs to sort the problems out fast but a new board, perhaps david dein, putting pressure on him, demanding explanations for everything might just make a difference instead of what we have now.

though i think the time for a new manager is close :(

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Whatever you think of him, it's a nonsense to suggest Hill-Wood doesn't love the cock.

I didn't believe you at first, but it's true!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loves%20the%20cock

Joker
25-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Hillwood speaks alot of sense his problem is he is off the old school tell it how it is type. He likes to be brash with the fans "you either like it or lump it".

Of course he loves the club and Wenge doe to no doubt about that.

Actually watching Wenger speak, made what he said not seem so bad to how it seem, when it was reported, he was not arrogant as some suggested.

The fact he kept saying.

We" sold

We" Bought

was very interesting.

Do you really think PHW speaks a lot of sense? You yourself a few pages back said he chats a lot of shit, which is true. You can point out that he has had a long association with the club through his parents etc, but I don't think anyone can truly love the club if they don't respect the fans, which he doesn't?

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure PHW does not respect the fans other than regarding us as a necessary evil.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Do you really think PHW speaks a lot of sense? You yourself a few pages back said he chats a lot of shit, which is true. You can point out that he has had a long association with the club through his parents etc, but I don't think anyone can truly love the club if they don't respect the fans, which he doesn't?

Sometimes yes and sometimes he speaks alot of waffle. He is rude in the way he says things, but that is because he is no a modern man and still believes in his ways.

Im sure he loves the club in his own way.

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Sometimes yes and sometimes he speaks alot of waffle. He is rude in the way he says things, but that is because he is no a modern man and still believes in his ways.

He isn't rude and you're a ****.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Of course he loves the club, it stuffs his wallet and gives him prestige. He just doesn't love the fans that pay the bill, that much is plain. He evidently thinks money and position makes him superior and he does nothing to hide this belief when he opens his mouth. Hateful ****.

Ralpheroo72
25-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Blah blah blah, hope we get good money for Carzola next Summer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/25/stan-kroenke-arsenal-ambition-agm

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 10:08 PM
He isn't rude and you're a ****.

And what :coffee:

Özim
25-10-2012, 10:15 PM

Loves the club :lol: please, this is the guy that described David Dein's investment in the club as "dead money" when he first arrived, the guy that insults the fans at every opportunity and has made a killing off the back of them!

If that's love I'd hate to see how he treats something he hates.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Loves the club :lol: please, this is the guy that described David Dein's investment in the club as "dead money" when he first arrived, the guy that insults the fans at every opportunity and has made a killing off the back of them!

Well he bows and grovels to people he hates, doesn't he? Just look at Kroenke and "his sort", but poor old Peter had to eat shit on that one.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 10:59 PM

What has hating fans got to do with loving the club. PHW has been at the club along time, he have some feeling for it.

Cripps_orig
26-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Marseille 1-0 Arsenal in the NextGen series

Youth project :rose:

Kano
26-10-2012, 07:00 AM

i think its more sad you still quote a comment from 30 years ago. I think you might backtrack on a few things if we pulled up some of your quotes from a long time ago.

sure the guy is going senile - but find some new material, seriously

Özim
26-10-2012, 08:02 AM
What has hating fans got to do with loving the club. PHW has been at the club along time, he have some feeling for it.
He inherited it, he's made and is still making money off the back of it, what's love got to do with making money?

Özim
26-10-2012, 08:16 AM
i think its more sad you still quote a comment from 30 years ago. I think you might backtrack on a few things if we pulled up some of your quotes from a long time ago.

sure the guy is going senile - but find some new material, seriously
It just supports what everyone can see (it might be old but little has changed with this him), the guy only cares about his finances....I've always disliked him as he never shows any affection for the club, it's all about the money for him, he's even joked about it in the past.

Kano
26-10-2012, 08:24 AM
a quote from 30 years ago supports nothing now.

Power n Glory
26-10-2012, 08:34 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9634840/Arsenal-set-to-sign-25-million-shirt-deal-with-Adidas.html

We're supposed to be in talks with Addidas for a kit sponsorship deal worth £25m. Sounds good. I prefer Addidas over Nike anyway.

GP
26-10-2012, 08:54 AM
He inherited it, he's made and is still making money off the back of it, what's love got to do with making money?

What's love, but a second hand emotion?

Letters
26-10-2012, 08:56 AM
What's love got to do, got to do with it?

Letters
26-10-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm having a shocker here
:getcoat:

GP
26-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Also, it needs to be pointed out for the hard of thinking, Hill-Wood didn't describe Dein's investment in the club as dead money, he described investing in football as dead money. 30 years ago, pre-Sky and Premier League, it wasn't the cash cow it is today. You can use this quote as a stick to beat him with all you like, but all it will do is highlight your own ignorance.

LDG
26-10-2012, 10:09 AM
It just supports what everyone can see (it might be old but little has changed with this him), the guy only cares about his finances....I've always disliked him as he never shows any affection for the club, it's all about the money for him, he's even joked about it in the past.

You have no affection for the club, and you want us to spend more money.

#justsayin

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Nobody would have had a problem with these old buffers if the whole stadium, we're going to compete with the top dogs, raise the ticket prices by two million percent thing hadn't happened. Up until that point you could say they hadn't done a bad job at all of keeping the club stable and also competitive without fucking the fans over. Then the stadium thing happened, the promises were made, the objectives stated and what happened? The shareholders ended up half a billion better off and the team slid into the sewer. Everyone can see what's happened here surely? If that's love then we can't afford it.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Love changes everything.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Marc Overmars
26-10-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU

:music:

Özim
26-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Nobody would have had a problem with these old buffers if the whole stadium, we're going to compete with the top dogs, raise the ticket prices by two million percent thing hadn't happened. Up until that point you could say they hadn't done a bad job at all of keeping the club stable and also competitive without fucking the fans over. Then the stadium thing happened, the promises were made, the objectives stated and what happened? The shareholders ended up half a billion better off and the team slid into the sewer. Everyone can see what's happened here surely? If that's love then we can't afford it.
You've got to be cruel to be kind.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2012, 11:03 AM
You've got to be cruel to be kind.

Two birds on your hands is worth your knob in her bush! That's what I always say.

Letters
26-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Nobody would have had a problem with these old buffers if the whole stadium, we're going to compete with the top dogs, raise the ticket prices by two million percent thing hadn't happened. Up until that point you could say they hadn't done a bad job at all of keeping the club stable and also competitive without fucking the fans over. Then the stadium thing happened, the promises were made, the objectives stated and what happened? The shareholders ended up half a billion better off and the team slid into the sewer. Everyone can see what's happened here surely? If that's love then we can't afford it.You give love a bad name :sulk:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-10-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/487x498/oct_12/zp_154767986SM035_Arsenal_FC_T_5912.jpg?ic=a11a8fT

rift :bow:

LDG
26-10-2012, 01:31 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/487x498/oct_12/zp_154767986SM035_Arsenal_FC_T_5912.jpg?ic=a11a8fT

rift :bow:

:haha:

Stewart Robson :pal:

Mind you. Bouldy has that "Heh, I'll kick the fuck out of you later" glint in his eye.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Love on the rocks.

LDG
26-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Love, and RPQ, will tear us apart, again :(

Master Splinter
26-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Does Stewart Robson have little bit inside track on Arsenal?

I cannot tell you. As well you know, this is speculation.

But is AFCAMDEN angry now that his Twitter account has no global impression? Are these situations linked?

I will one day write a book about this.

Will the book be a top seller?

I believe fourth place in the Amazon charts is also a trophy, yes.

Letters
26-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Bould looks old.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2012, 03:58 PM
You give love a bad name :sulk:

You promise me heaven, then put me through Hell

Fist of Lehmann
26-10-2012, 04:02 PM
You promise me heaven, then put me through Hell

You found Letters, so don't fight him,
Letters is a rollercoster, you just gotta ride him.

fakeyank
26-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm having a shocker here
:getcoat:

Tell us something new.. been seeing this since 2006 tbf.. :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-10-2012, 05:21 PM
just got hold of a ticket for reading away on tuesday

me :haha:

Marc Overmars
26-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Same, GP is putting me up for the night as well. What a nice bloke.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Same, GP is putting me up for the night as well. What a nice bloke.

I wouldn't eat one of his curries if I were you.

I wouldn't fall asleep either.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't eat one of his curries if I were you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMA75QxiAb4

GP :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-10-2012, 07:02 PM

Stewart Robson :pal:

GP
29-10-2012, 09:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6XMywACYAA7qsn.png

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2012, 12:35 PM
ROMAN Abramovich has bought the Trident weapons system as part of a plan to shore up Chelsea’s defences.

The £25 billion price tag represents a club record and sends a signal that Abramovich is serious in his ambitions for Chelsea FC to be feared globally.

Footballologist Wayne Hayes said: “The question is, would Chelsea seriously deploy nuclear warheads to prevent Ashley Young from making a surging run from midfield?

“They’d prevent a certain goal but in the process annihilate London, kill millions of people and condemn many more to a slow, agonising death – and all for three points. Would it be worth it?

“Nuclear weapons can be a strategic boon, but they present managers with big moral decisions, affecting not only the outcome of the match but the survival of humanity.”

Defence expert Stephen Malley said: “This signals the beginning of a football arms race. Arsene Wenger has just maxed out his budget with four broken Chieftain tanks.

“Stoke have converted their restaurant into a laboratory and are hoping to enrich uranium in time for the re-opening of the weapons transfer window.

“And Manchester City’s owners have bought the Star Wars Missile Defence system, but are still working out a way to make it only cover the blue half of the City.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/abramovich-buys-trident-2012103047000

LDG
30-10-2012, 12:40 PM
:lol:

Globalgunner
30-10-2012, 05:35 PM
ROMAN Abramovich has bought the Trident weapons system as part of a plan to shore up Chelsea’s defences.

The £25 billion price tag represents a club record and sends a signal that Abramovich is serious in his ambitions for Chelsea FC to be feared globally.

Footballologist Wayne Hayes said: “The question is, would Chelsea seriously deploy nuclear warheads to prevent Ashley Young from making a surging run from midfield?

“They’d prevent a certain goal but in the process annihilate London, kill millions of people and condemn many more to a slow, agonising death – and all for three points. Would it be worth it?

“Nuclear weapons can be a strategic boon, but they present managers with big moral decisions, affecting not only the outcome of the match but the survival of humanity.”

Defence expert Stephen Malley said: “This signals the beginning of a football arms race. Arsene Wenger has just maxed out his budget with four broken Chieftain tanks.

“Stoke have converted their restaurant into a laboratory and are hoping to enrich uranium in time for the re-opening of the weapons transfer window.

“And Manchester City’s owners have bought the Star Wars Missile Defence system, but are still working out a way to make it only cover the blue half of the City.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/abramovich-buys-trident-2012103047000

But how does all of this solve the referee problem?

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2012, 07:53 PM
You neuter him by accusing him of racism.

Asthmatic Kitty
30-10-2012, 11:06 PM
not sure if this has been posted elsewhere - cazorla and arteta having a natter
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16429_8213536,00.html

Kano
31-10-2012, 10:18 AM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/9.jpg
bendtner putting on his usual horror show

Cripps_orig
01-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Arsenal have revealed that they will travel to Indonesia for a pre-season friendly next summer.

Having visited China and Malaysia in the last two years, the Gunners will return to Asia to visit the world's fourth most populous country, where they last set foot 30 years ago.

Although no date has been set, the club have confirmed that the match will take place in the capital city of Jakarta.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis announced: "Everyone at Arsenal is extremely excited to once again be visiting Asia.

"We know that Arsenal enjoy fantastic support in Indonesia and we are all looking forward to bringing the club closer to these loyal fans and learning more about the country's rich heritage and culture."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/11/01/3495020/arsenal-unveil-plans-for-indonesian-friendly

More money :bow:

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Everyone at Arsenal is extremely excited to once again be visiting Asia

Does that include Kroenke? Will he be excitedly visiting Asia with the team? What about Gazidis? Or will they be at home counting out the money? Bringing the club closer to "loyal" fans - how will they do that? By rolling PHW out to call them slitty-eyed ****s? Only if they are lucky enough to get the same level of respect reserved for the fans at home.

LDG
02-11-2012, 10:17 AM
http://arseblog.com/

Tim Stillman :bow:

When I speak to Arsenal fans, nay, football fans in general, my lack of hostility towards the likes of Robin van Persie, Samir Nasri, Emmanuel Adebayor and Ashley Cole is seldom met with understanding. Tolerance sometimes, bafflement occasionally, an angry lecture often. But very rarely understanding or empathy.

It’s not because I’m some sandal wearing, ponytailed dreck that wants to teach the world to sing. (That would be horrible). It’s not even because I understand perfectly that footballers are careerists and, after all, why the hell shouldn’t they be? Why should we impose our irrationally emotional connection to a club onto some hired hand and demand that they feel the same as us? (That’s not to say we shouldn’t be treated with due respect, of course).

It sounds like an anomalous thing to say for someone that spends so much time and money following a football team, but the truth is, footballers don’t mean that much to me. Not nowadays. That’s not because of a deliberate and schooled cynicism on my part towards “the modern game,” it’s just that my relationship with football is no longer informed by them.

As a child, my connection was very much bound by the apotheoses in red and white. Were it not for the likes of Merson, Limpar and Rocastle sparkling on the Arsenal wing around the time I started treading the playground touchlines in the early 90s, I very much doubt I’d have been an Arsenal fan. This recent blog from @squidboylike http://angryofislington.com/2012/09/25/how-ian-wright-saved-my-life/ explains that adolescent connection in detail and why it still ought to be nurtured in young fans.

But as I’ve gotten older, my relationship with the game changed. I’ve been reared on attending Arsenal games regularly since I was in short trousers. The matchday experience is what it’s all about for me. I enjoy talking about the more cerebral things. Pretending I’m an accountant with a working grip on the club’s finances, flattering myself that I can run the marketing and commercial operation of a multi-million pound organisation like Arsenal. Standing at my digital chalkboard altar and running the rule over the team’s tactics.

But the live game, the smell of fried onions and horse shit, the spontaneous “wa-heeey” when somebody spoons a clearance is where the game truly exists to me. I would rather go to one reserve game at Underhill than attend 100 AGMs- though I do attend such functions where possible and feel grateful to do so. Naturally, over the years of attendance, you begin to build a coterie of like-minded disciples. People that you drink, sing, laugh and despair with. People that you experience every game with.

That’s one of the greatest things about football. It allows you to experience the full gamut of human emotion- hope, despair, the kind of joy that makes you leap and punch the air and the brand of despair that causes your head to plunge into your hands. But you do so safe in the knowledge that none of it really matters. Not in the real sense of the word. It’s a simulated reality in which one can cocoon oneself. Life with stabilisers on if you will. Nick Hornby had a nice line in Fever Pitch, that if you lose a Cup Final in May, you get the 3rd Round again in January.

Over the years, my relationship with the game has come to be defined by the people I experience it with. The actual players have become increasingly peripheral. Mere organs of the club I support. A friend of mine has a nice analogy that supporting a football team is like a train journey and the players are just passengers that get on at one stop and alight at another, leaving you to plunder on to the end of the line. (Newcastle at midday because Sky have changed the kick-off time most likely).

A friend that decides to give up his season ticket will always have a bigger impact on me than a player that decides to join another football club. On the way back from Norwich, my friends and I discussed what separates friends you make at football from any other of life’s cubbyholes. The fact that you share an interest in something so passionately explains it away slightly. But at work or school or university, it’s natural to gravitate towards people that are similar to you, that have similar upbringings and interests and similar stories to tell.

Football brings you into contact with people you probably wouldn’t speak to in any other environment. Just under a fortnight ago, around 25 of us attended a friend’s wedding and not one of us would have otherwise breathed a word to one another had it not been for the mutual binding of Arsenal F.C. We are all different; different ages, different political views, cut from different cloths.

Some of us want Wenger out and the board sacked, some of us don’t. Some of us think Olivier Giroud is potentially a great Arsenal striker, some think he’s Chamakh mk. II. It matters little. We all care deeply about Arsenal and we all met by going to Arsenal matches and continue to do so together, enriching the matchday experience in victory and defeat. “Football family” seems like a glib phrase to use, but that’s essentially what we are.

This weekend passed, my good friend Greg Page passed on at the numbingly premature age of 41. Greg had been in the group of friends I’d attended games with for the last ten years or so. He was with me when we beat Madrid in the Bernabeu, when we beat the Milans- both Inter and A.C- in the San Siro, when Henry broke the club goalscoring record in Prague and when Rooney’s dalliance with gravity cost Arsenal a 50 game unbeaten run. He was supposed to travel to Gelsenkirchen with us next week too.

Greg had a very sharp mind and an even sharper tongue, which made him not only delightful company, but tailor made for the terrace experience. His sardonic witticisms and withering putdowns were the stuff of legend. Always off the cuff and delivered with the right measures of cynicism and humour. This isn’t a “doesn’t this all put it into perspective?” type blog. Renewed perspective was never required. Not for me at least.

I sat next to Greg at White Hart Lane in September 2007 when Arsenal were 3-1 victors over Spurs. Cesc Fabregas’ 25 yard piledriver into the top corner caused a frenzied celebration. As we leapt in acclaim, Greg’s brand new company blackberry slipped from his pocket. At the exact moment it reached the floor, I unwittingly leapt on it not once; but twice, with all of my bodyweight.

I froze for a second, aghast, looking down at his expensive piece of office equipment as he knelt to collect its remains. He dusted it down, slung it back into his inside pocket and then promptly grabbed me and continued to shake me with delight, completely unconcerned. That moment is embossed onto my memory as much as Fabregas’ goal itself. That’s what I’m getting at. The players are the ones that wield the paintbrush, but the people you experience their artistry with fleck the canvas with colour.

Greg and people like him are as much a part of my matchday experience as Cesc Fabregas, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry or Tony Adams were. The only difference being, that there’s no prosthetic for his absence. There’s no transfer market to atone for his loss. Even if there were, Greg would very much fall into the irreplaceable category in any case. LD

:crying:

What a lovely article.

Everyone should read this.

Özil's Panoramic View
02-11-2012, 10:55 AM
http://arseblog.com/

Tim Stillman :bow:

:crying:

What a lovely article.

Everyone should read this.

Truly an excellent read

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Makes no sense. If there's nothing to connect the next generation of fans to the club then how are the new football families built? I bet soldiers are glad the likes of van Purse don't enlist. One minute he's fighting beside you, next he's shooting you in the face because the enemy made him a better offer. Nah - this writer DOES wear sandals, no doubt about it.

Cripps_orig
02-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Someone summarize

Letters
02-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Awesome article.

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Someone summarize

He said you were a **** and Eastenders is shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-11-2012, 11:28 AM

Awesome article.

Was really good.

Xhaka Can’t
02-11-2012, 12:13 PM
A great article. However it is one that is more likely to be appreciated by those who go to matches and share the experiences of them.

It actually also reminds me of a post that Michael Weston made some time ago when commenting on a photo fy posted during his first trip to London.

I forget the specifics, but the comment was along the lines of the subjects of the photo being people that were unlikely to have ever gotten together but for the shared support of a football team. And he was right, but from this shared support, people form unlikely, strong and long lasting friendships and that is more important than the result of any football match or transfer.

LDG
02-11-2012, 12:33 PM
A great article. However it is one that is more likely to be appreciated by those who go to matches and share the experiences of them.

It actually also reminds me of a post that Michael Weston made some time ago when commenting on a photo fy posted during his first trip to London.

I forget the specifics, but the comment was along the lines of the subjects of the photo being people that were unlikely to have ever gotten together but for the shared support of a football team. And he was right, but from this shared support, people form unlikely, strong and long lasting friendships and that is more important than the result of any football match or transfer.

Syn
02-11-2012, 04:41 PM
When did Piers Morgan become funny? It wasn't long ago that I thought he was a ****. Now I think he's quite funny. Have I become more of a **** so that I can appreciate another **** or has he become less of a ****? Maybe little bit both? It's possible.

GP
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
When did Piers Morgan become funny?

Said no one ever.

Syn
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
02-11-2012, 04:50 PM
When did Piers Morgan become funny? It wasn't long ago that I thought he was a ****. Now I think he's quite funny. Have I become more of a **** so that I can appreciate another **** or has he become less of a ****? Maybe little bit both? It's possible.

I think he's quite funny. I mean he's a **** but he's funny.

Ollie the Optimist
04-11-2012, 04:43 PM
News
GOT A STORY? EMAIL: TALKBACK@THE-SUN.CO.UK
Fabregas stole my wife as we tried for baby
Millionaire blasts ex-Arsenal ace

Hot stuff ... Cesc Fabregas and Daniella Semaan on holiday in Italy
XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM
Exclusive
By STEPHEN MOYES
Last Updated: 04th November 2012

A MILLIONAIRE businessman told last night how he and his wife were trying for a third child — when he found out she was playing away with soccer star Cesc Fabregas.
Property tycoon Elie Taktouk discovered the affair when he saw newspaper pictures of the former Arsenal skipper on holiday with a “mystery brunette” and recognised her as wife Daniella Semaan, 38.
Elie, also 38, is now divorced and forced to watch Spanish maestro Fabregas, 25, becoming stepfather to his son aged eight and 11-year-old daughter.

Before the split ... Elie Taktouk and Daniella
He said: “I was completely numb and in shock for months.
“I was in denial but I never wanted her back.
“The minute I saw those pictures I felt disgusted by her behaviour and just cut off all emotions.
“We were trying for a baby when this happened.
“I am not surprised by him — I wouldn’t expect less from him. I am not interested in him.
“He is 25 and a fool. She went after him and she would leave him as soon as his money and fame run out. He is no David Beckham.”
Elie, who lives in Knightsbridge, West London, told how he wed curvy Daniella in 1998 in their native Lebanon.

Out in the open ... the picture that gave the game away
WENN
In June last year he saw the photos of bikini-clad Daniella cuddling up to Fabregas, lounging by a pool and fooling around on a jet ski in Nice, southern France.
Fabregas — who left Arsenal for his boyhood heroes Barcelona that August in a £25million deal — had only just split from childhood sweetheart Carla Garcia.
Bitter Elie, who has joint custody of their kids, told The Sun: “Fabregas was messing around with a mother of an eight-year-old.

Idol ... Cesc in action
“The most I would do is kiss my wife on the cheek in front of my kids.” Fabregas and Daniella have since been snapped kissing on holiday in Italy.
In the divorce settlement, Daniella was awarded a monthly allowance of £2,500 a month — short of the £10,000 a month she wanted.
Fabregas completed his move from the Gunners after years of speculation linking him to Spanish giants Barcelona.
He played in their 3-1 win at home to Celta Vigo yesterday while his old Arsenal teammates struggled to a 2-1 defeat at Manchester United.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4626004/cesc-fabregas-stole-millionaires-wife.html#ixzz2BGzFGvTM

we made Cesc a proper GHEL :bow:

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Articles already been posted in the relevant thread

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Articles already been posted in the relevant thread

Who died and made you Mod.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 05:20 PM
CK

Syn
04-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
What nonsense @themichaelowen - that was a disgustingly late, crazily high, studs-up challenge by Coloccini. Could have broken Suarez' leg.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
And you would know? Go crawl under your rock fat so.

Of course, your new club captain is Ryan Shawcross, so hardly surprising you defend those kind of challenges. #Ramsey

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
Grow up.

Grow.

Piers pwns Owen yet again.

Gervinho's Forehead
04-11-2012, 07:43 PM

Piers pwns Owen yet again.

That is awesome! :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I would know, yes. I watched it like everyone else. You're talking out of your bench-worn backside.

Pulis has infected Owen's brain. Fortunately it's fatal.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Piers is awesome

2nd best Arsenal fan around

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Piers :bow:

He's a ****, but he's our ****.

Dennis Bendtner
04-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Owen is the only one Piers has legitimately pwned on there. #Bench is probably crying.

GP
07-11-2012, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvjATLXQ3I

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Kroenke, Gazidis, Wenger, Frimpong OUT!

Injury Time
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Ah right so THAT'S why Ox is injured been Ponged after winning that FFS<< next they'll be dressing up in fuckin tutus

What's that?

Oh right....that advert

Wankers :ilt:

LDG
08-11-2012, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/@arsenal

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I wonder how many people tried to get in some really shitty questions :lol:

Gervinho's Forehead
08-11-2012, 12:32 PM
https://twitter.com/@arsenal

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I wonder how many people tried to get in some really shitty questions :lol:

What is the point of this shit! :lol:

LDG
08-11-2012, 12:45 PM
What is the point of this shit! :lol:

Obviously a chance for the common Gooner to put forward those burning questions at the forefront of there minds.

Unfortunately, Lukas didn't answer my question about his favourite colour :(

GP
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
He didn't answer mine whether he thought Arsenal's decline would have been allowed under ze Nazis.

LDG
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I thought I saw his reply to that GP? :unsure:

#askpoldi LoL, no. Maniac dictator lunatics were much better quality in those days.

Syn
08-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Arsenal.com are hilarious. Headline article: We examine the stats behind Theo's first 50 goals for Arsenal

first 50 goals...as if another 50 are coming. Can he score 50 goals in 1.5 months? Maybe, yes. But no.

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 07:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q4JhCO3nc6w#!

Gervinho's Forehead
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
:haha: :haha:

Arsenal :ilt:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM

GP
08-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Those subtitles are wrong.

Ollie the Optimist
08-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Those subtitles are wrong.

just like your face

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 08:58 PM
just like your face

Özil's Panoramic View
08-11-2012, 09:07 PM
just like your face

:haha: never gets old

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 09:09 PM
:haha: never gets old

Unlike your face.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Disgraceful how GP and his face are treated on here.

GP
08-11-2012, 09:40 PM
just like your face

Not that wrong.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Unlike your face.

Saw that coming from a planet off

Epic fail :haha:

Özim
08-11-2012, 09:45 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Not that wrong.

Özim
08-11-2012, 09:46 PM
just like your face

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Saw that coming from a planet off

Epic fail :haha:

Just like your face :coffee:

Kano
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
charlie, have you just discovered that smiley or something?

GP
08-11-2012, 10:19 PM
He's taking the burden off Milla

Gervinho's Forehead
08-11-2012, 10:21 PM

He must have Milla on ignore.

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 10:33 PM

Who?

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 10:34 PM

Or something. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 10:37 PM

Nah she's fine.

Mila Kunis :bow:

Gervinho's Forehead
09-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Who?

I see what you did there. ;)

Kano
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM

that video is depressingly funny

LDG
09-11-2012, 02:24 PM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s480x480/387909_10151158480803580_1360662650_n.jpg

:faint:

Letters
09-11-2012, 02:35 PM
New signings :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/09/e9utetes.jpg
Who says there aren't bargains to be had at the Club store?

Özim
09-11-2012, 03:05 PM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s480x480/387909_10151158480803580_1360662650_n.jpg

This was from when he first arrived and before he realised he could get away with getting paid every week without having to play.

Crocks :bow:

LDG
09-11-2012, 03:06 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/09/e9utetes.jpg
Who says there aren't bargains to be had at the Club store?

Does that say "Berk" on it?

Syn
09-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Fucking hell. If Gervinho's defaced it, it should be cheaper than toilet roll.

Scum of a person.

Ollie the Optimist
09-11-2012, 08:29 PM
saw this stat earlier, our flop giroud has outscored the amazing rooney this season so far.

Grebbo
09-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Does excess cocaine use destroy hands as well as septums?

GP
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Nah, that's krokodil

LDG
10-11-2012, 01:49 AM

LDG
10-11-2012, 01:52 AM
saw this stat earlier, our flop giroud has outscored the amazing rooney this season so far.

Yet his club, is so far ahead of Giroud's! How could this happen!?!?!

Must be some strange time continu-reddwarfism thing!

Cripps_orig
10-11-2012, 02:19 AM

5 games less and one goal less

Yeah not something for the Giroud lovers to shout hime about

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 07:51 AM
HIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 10:08 AM
diaby out til xmas apparently. comes back just in time for that c*nt to preach about not having to buy a cm.

well done wankger. another fuck up in a long list of colossal fuck ups

£7m :lol:

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't think anyone could've predicted that Diaby would suffer a long term injury.

Joker
10-11-2012, 10:20 AM
5 games less and one goal less

Yeah not something for the Giroud lovers to shout hime about

Shows how stats out of context can be misleading tbh.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 11:32 AM
We should just sign patients from the coma ward, lower wages, less stuff appearing in the papers, same result.

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2012, 11:43 AM
i feel really really bad for Diaby, on his day he can be a world beater, we saw that this season against liverpool however he gets injured so often and it all stems from that **** dan smith breaking his leg.

time to let him go though, we cant rely on him but just a shame

Gervinho's Forehead
10-11-2012, 11:54 AM
diaby out til xmas apparently. comes back just in time for that c*nt to preach about not having to buy a cm.

well done wankger. another fuck up in a long list of colossal fuck ups

£7m :lol:

Anyone would think it's happened before!

V-Pig
10-11-2012, 12:06 PM
At what stage did we agree to just casually refer to the manager as a **** non-stop? Should we just give up the pretense of being an Arsenal forum any more?

GP
10-11-2012, 12:12 PM
At what stage did we agree to just casually refer to the manager as a **** non-stop? Should we just give up the pretense of being an Arsenal forum any more?

Only the WUMs do that.

V-Pig
10-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Only the WUMs do that.

And yet Maccy took away our negative votes.

Özim
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't think anyone could've predicted that Diaby would suffer a long term injury.
No you're spot on, how could Wenger possibly know Diaby would get injured, it's just the anti-wengerites looking for a stick to beat Wenger with.

In Wenger we trust :bow:

Özim
10-11-2012, 12:53 PM
I reckon we should become a financial forum to be honest, then the fans board and manager can all be on the same page and everyone will be happy.

Kano
10-11-2012, 01:14 PM
its easy to do when you can hide behind a keyboard.

mature adults will behave the same face-to-face as they do on the net.

GP
10-11-2012, 01:15 PM
poop

V-Pig
10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
its easy to do when you can hide behind a keyboard.

mature adults will behave the same face-to-face as they do on the net.

True enough. Wonder how these "fans" would react to seeing Wenger in person?

milla
10-11-2012, 01:21 PM
poop

On your face. :coffee:

Syn
10-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Tbf, I'd love to call him a sell-out. And he would wonder as well you know why. And I'd happily explain it to him for as long as he'll listen. He's a smart guy - I'm sure he'd understand where I'm coming from.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 01:28 PM
No you're spot on, how could Wenger possibly know Diaby would get injured, it's just the anti-wengerites looking for a stick to beat Wenger with.

In Wenger we trust :bow:

Wenger. :lol:

Awful ****.

Özim
10-11-2012, 01:34 PM
True enough. Wonder how these "fans" would react to seeing Wenger in person?
I'd ask him all the questions he never gets asked, like how after 7 years he can still be satisfied with seeing defensive error after defensive error, why he's stuck to a style of play which has failed to bring success when he had a winning style before, what happened to the claim we would compete with the biggest clubs, why he refuses to spend on quality, why he constantly plays players out of position...why little seems to have changed in 7 years?

V-Pig
10-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I'd ask him all the questions he never gets asked, like how after 7 years he can still be satisfied with seeing defensive error after defensive error, why he's stuck to a style of play which has failed to bring success when he had a winning style before, what happened to the claim we would compete with the biggest clubs, why he refuses to spend on quality, why he constantly plays players out of position...why little seems to have changed in 7 years?

Nah. You'd start gushing and asking for a photo.

Anyway, even if you did start asking him some proper questions, the "Wenger is a **** lol" brigade wouldn't. Definite gushers.

Syn
10-11-2012, 01:39 PM
V-Pig is such a gay lol

Özim
10-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Anyway, even if you did start asking him some proper questions, the "Wenger is a **** lol" brigade wouldn't. Definite gushers.
I wouldn't be rude, but I'd ask him the questions for sure. Noone else seems to ever ask him questions which to me seem pretty obvious.

We always get the same questions and therefore the same answers.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 02:56 PM
today is arsenal's 17th game of the season

giroud is the only player to feature in them all

useless stats :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Kano
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
show you don't give a shit from when they're young and it won't matter when they're older

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/arsenal-fan-club-pack-still-stars-van-persie-114024899.html

Xhaka Can’t
11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
This Club is too fucking cheap to even pull merchandise that features a past rival's star striker.

My son has that pack, but that isn't the end of it.

The Club Shop still contains loads of full price merchandise that features Van Persie on it. Yep thats right, the guy who scored the first goal against us last week. Also while you are paying for the merchandise, one of the check outs has a big picture of the **** smiling at you as you're being taken for a mug.

Marc Overmars
11-11-2012, 08:13 PM
The article states Cesc and Nasri still feature.

Arsenal. :haha:

What a shambles.

Özim
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
They probably expected noone to notice...and if they did they could just get AW to come out and say:

"I know there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction and I can understand because we want to have the right players on merchandise. But as well, it’s important we don’t go overboard."

Xhaka Can’t
11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Hmmm.... 2/10.

And I'm feeling generous.

Özim
11-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Hmmm.... 2/10.

And I'm feeling generous.
Are you PHW's son?

Xhaka Can’t
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Are you PHW's son?

I'll give you 3/10 for that.

Hot whiskey is making me feel charitable.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
They probably expected noone to notice...and if they did they could just get AW to come out and say:

"I know there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction and I can understand because we want to have the right players on merchandise. But as well, it’s important we don’t go overboard."

No they wanted to make as much money as they can. If someone is silly enough to still think those player's play for us and buy it then they deserve to be mugged off.

This is really cringe tbh.

-Xs-
11-11-2012, 10:18 PM
They'd be better off doing "past legends of Arsenal" packs to be honest. The staff turnover now is so high that the marketing team can't keep up.

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2012, 10:57 PM
The old stuff is there for the fans who like football. Not sure why the new stuff is there though.

Kano
12-11-2012, 03:12 PM
you stoopid, tubby ****

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4638275/andrey-arshavin-collects-mcdonalds-vouchers.html

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
you stoopid, tubby ****

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4638275/andrey-arshavin-collects-mcdonalds-vouchers.html

it was posted in his thread.

Marc Overmars
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
That explains everything.

Fat fuck.

Niall_Quinn
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
So if you figure he spends £80k a week at McDonalds and then gets the free vouchers too, he's probably doing over £100k a week in total.

V-Pig
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
So that story boils down to "Arshavin went to McDonalds and used a voucher". Even assuming that much is true, the rest is patently padded, tabloid bollocks.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
At what stage did we agree to just casually believe that arshavin goes mcdonalds non-stop? Should we just give up the pretense of being an Arsenal forum any more?

GP
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
At what stage did we agree to just casually believe that arshavin goes mcdonalds non-stop? Should we just give up the pretense of being an Arsenal forum any more?

lolz I remember when that joke was funny.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Those vouchers for McDonald's are from bus tickets aren't they? Still you never know when the Russian mafia will demand money from you I suppose, it makes sense to save.

GP
12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
SUN EXCLUSIVE!

Sexist Arshavin makes wife take bus.

GP
12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
SUN EXCLUSIVE!

Sexist Arshavin makes wife take bus.

Actually, didn't he once talk about how women can't drive??

It all makes sense...

GP
12-11-2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1136301/Arshavin-says-hed-ban-women-drivers--Arsenals-12m-new-boy-reveals-nearly-killed-car.html

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
lolz I remember when that joke was funny.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Julio Cesar claims he met with Arsenal before taking the decision to link up with Queens Park Rangers.

The Brazilian goalkeeper arrived in the Premier League over the summer in a surprise switch from Inter Milan.

The UEFA Champions League winner has graced the very top of the game and was expected to join another title-chasing club after taking the decision to leave Italy.

He admits he could have made a move to the Emirates, but says he was enticed to Loftus Road as there is greater scope to fill a directorial role there once he hangs up his gloves.

Cesar told The Sunday People: "I accepted this proposal because I wanted to live in London.

"I have an amazing way of life here and I'm giving my family a great opportunity to grow up culturally.

"I talked with Arsenal in the last transfer window, and they were really happy about me playing for them, but at the last minute I moved to QPR.

"QPR has a project, and I dream about that project coming true. But I came here because I was thinking about my future once I quit football, that's true."
Identity

He added: "The directors have signed 11 footballers, and when you put them all into a team, it will be difficult for that team to work immediately.

"That's why QPR haven't won yet. We don't have an identity yet. But let me tell you we are on the right track.

"The fact that I can speak Portuguese, Italian and now English will give me opportunities in the future to be a director once I quit football. Even at QPR I could work as a director."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8241634/Julio-Cesar-says-he-spoke-to-Arsenal-before-joining-Queens-Park-Rangers

But I came here because I was thinking about my future once I quit football, that's true.
Basically he went there for the money, is what he is saying.

Ollie the Optimist
12-11-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8241634/Julio-Cesar-says-he-spoke-to-Arsenal-before-joining-Queens-Park-Rangers

interesting that there are two keepers who we missed out on, one because he wanted future prospects (cesar) and the other being lloris that apparently wenger wanted, but the board veteoed.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
interesting that there are two keepers who we missed out on, one because he wanted future prospects (cesar) and the other being lloris that apparently wenger wanted, but the board veteoed.

Lloris is shit so the board done good their.
Cesar, He chose to go to QPR(well so he says) Basically for the money casuse he knows himself he won't be in the game much longer.

Ollie the Optimist
12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
this just in from the AST meeting right now

David Gill earns £180,000 per year, Ivan earns £2m per year.......mmmmm!

#ASTMeeting

and hill wood claims we pay him the going market rate :haha:

least we know where our money is going

Cripps_orig
12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Wengers and the boards pockets

Gervinho's Forehead
12-11-2012, 07:27 PM
this just in from the AST meeting right now

and hill wood claims we pay him the going market rate :haha:

least we know where our money is going

Well the yachts won't pay form themselves will they!

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Arsene Wenger divides opinion among Arsenal fans like few other managers.

In the one corner, there's the AKB (Arsene Knows Best) brigade. In the other, there's those who believe it's time for change and that Wenger should go.

Up until recently, there were far more still behind Wenger than against. I still believe the majority of Arsenal fans think he's the best man for the job. However, I think that the minority is growing.

People will be quick to tell me on Twitter whether they agree or disagree. My former editor Piers Morgan - an Arsenal fan who divides opinion like Wenger himself - was quick to pull me up on this the other day.

In 2008, I wrote a column berating Piers for his views on Arsenal when he wrote it was time to go. Back then, the most successful manager in Arsenal's post-war history had gone three years without a trophy. It's now been seven. If they don't win silverware this season it will be eight.

Is there a manager at another club in the Premier League who could go that long without any silverware? Just picture that scenario with Chelsea, the Manchester clubs or even Liverpool. Even Sir Alex Ferguson would be politely encouraged to retire.

Ferguson is the greatest manager in the Premier League era and yet he would not possibly be afforded the sort of time or respect that Wenger gets at Arsenal and among the AKB brigade.

Except I will give you one manager who has gone even longer without success and yet is heralded as a managerial genius. When every top job comes up, pundits queue up to say what an amazing manager he is.

He has done it on a shoestring. And yet his record signing cost £15m. Yes, I'm talking about David Moyes. And don't get me wrong. This is not a column digging out Moyes and Everton. Far from it. I respect the job he has done - and he deserves that big job.

I am forever going on about Martin O'Neill being a media darling. Spend nearly £25m on Steven Fletcher and Adam Johnson and there's no question marks over Saint Martin. They dish out decent biscuits with name checks to high profile journalists up on Wearside.

But move over Saint Martin. There's a new sheriff in town. Brendan Rodgers. The Liverpool manager has been on one long charm offensive since arriving at Anfield and he's afforded more patience than your local hospital.

Quite right, too. Rodgers will do well at Liverpool. See? He's got me, too. But when have you ever seen Moyes - manager of one of England's most famous clubs and the best team I saw in the 80s - questioned for his record?

Never.

I guarantee it. Just ring in to your local radio station, post something on Twitter and everyone will tell you what a great manager Moyes is. Too right.You see he works miracles at Everton on a budget. Does it against the odds. This season could be the year. So far, there's been an FA Cup runners-up medal in the bank from 2009. They also reached the top four in 2005. Never mind they got knocked out in their Champions League qualifier.

But this year could be the year that Moyes' bargain signings could reach fourth place. They've made a terrific start. Marouane Fellaini - you know, their £15m signing - is looking top class. Leighton Baines has eclipsed Ashley Cole in my opinion.

And you know what? Moyes deserves every bit of praise that comes his way.

With Goodison Park creaking and Bill Kenwright ready to stand aside, Moyes works minor miracles at Everton.

If Everton get a big result this weekend, they'll be queuing up to laud him on radio and TV. And Moyes deserves it.

Moyes has become an accountant, miracle worker and football manager all rolled into one. They are not bad qualities to have on your CV. The thing is, Wenger has them on his job description, too.

But just lately the long line of Wenger knockers has been growing almost as fast as the queue of people wanting to laud Moyes. I know what will happen now. Arsenal fans will say their club is bigger than Everton and their ambitions should be higher.

It's impossible to prove which is the biggest club. What defines it? Fan base? Worldwide audience? In Asia the summer before last, I spent a few weeks on various football tours and Liverpool rule out there. So does that make them biggest?

The thing about ambition and expectation is based on past achievements.

Wenger's won the lot in England - Premier League titles, doubles and trophies galore. The Champions League is the one which is missing.

That's why we expect so much of Wenger. He set his standards high.

Arsenal's wage bill is also sky-high. They should achieve more. But they are overpaying on some players.

It was suggested to me this week that Andrey Arshavin is the club's highest earner on £90,000-a-week. Don't forget Johan Djourou, terrific squad player, is near the top of the wage list on £50,000-a-week. Nicklas Bendtner earns £52,000-a-week.

No wonder Theo Walcott feels he is worth more than £75,000-a-week. And too right he is. He's got pace, goals and is the most exciting and dynamic player for Arsenal at the moment.But there's a reluctance at Arsenal to make him the top earner and put him above someone of the calibre of Lukas Podolski. That's why Arsenal have made an offer of £75,000-a-week and insisted it's take it or leave it time.

Arsenal's wage bill is lopsided. And ironically, Walcott is paying the price for that. Arsenal want a wage structure where the most important player earns the most and the rest of the squad are paid on a ladder scale.

That's a great idea. But it doesn't work. Football, like in any walk of life, has strange quirks. if Arsenal had got their act together sooner then maybe Walcott would not be in such a strong bargaining position. But they didn't. Now they should increase the offer and keep him.

The reasoning is simple. If Walcott goes then it will be another big name out of the door. I reckon there's a fair chance Bacary Sagna - with 18 months left on his contract - could follow suit next summer. They are yet to tie him down to a new deal either. And progress has been slow.

But this January, expect some major signings. Arsenal look short and have money to spend. Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha tops their wish list while they also want a centre forward (sorry, Theo). Adrian Lopez and Fernando Llorente have been scouted.

Wenger is trying to be an accountant, manager and miracle worker. Arsenal knew moving to the Emirates was going to be tough and they haven't won a trophy since.

It's always been a case of jam tomorrow and balancing the books. Now they are trying to head towards 2014 when the major commercial deals are renegotiated. That could herald a new era of financial health.

Coincidentally, Wenger's contract expires then. That's when supposedly the manager will be given lots of money to play with and the club will be in rude financial health.

Trouble is, the expectation and pressure levels are closing in on Wenger.

Don't forget they've not won a trophy since the FA Cup in 2005. That's seven years. Did I mention that?Wenger insists that finishing in the top four is of more value than the FA Cup or League Cup. Does that mean they are mutually exclusive? So, you can't win either domestic trophy if you finish in the top four? That's the bit I don't get.

But I still passionately believe that Wenger is the best man for the job.

I also believe the club is going in the right direction in its philosophy and long term goals. Let's see how Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton get on when - and if - they rebuild their stadiums.

It's such a hard job. Gone are the days when football was about the FA Cup final on a sunny day in May and the open top bus parade.

When Arsenal won the trophy in 2003, it was seen as a failure. There was even a bit of an inquest as to what went wrong. The following season, the Invincibles cleaned up.

Football's goalposts have changed. Manchester City have been brilliant and exciting for the Premier League. But their spending has blown everyone else away. Before them, Chelsea did similar.

Arsenal cannot compete financially - yet. Wenger could spend more and has chosen not to. That failing has left the squad short. Not all of his deals make sense. Signing Gervinho and Olivier Giroud came to £23m and more than £100,000-a-week in wages.

Put it together and.... You get the picture. Sign one A lister rather than two B list players for a change. Although I actually think Giroud may yet come good.

This season, I thought they'd be stronger all round. Not just relying on one player in Robin van Persie. Recent evidence suggests not.

It will be a battle to finish top four. Again. Time and arguments are running out for Wenger. If 2014 comes around and Wenger has not a trophy of any sort then maybe it's time for change.

But does the FA Cup or Capital One Cup this season really change everything? Not really. Because Arsenal's benchmark is the top four. And no-one does that better - and albeit against the odds - than Arsene Wenger.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/why-piers-morgan-and-the-wenger-out-brigade-1424748

Ollie the Optimist
12-11-2012, 07:44 PM
chelsea have recently signed a deal with a company called gazprom, its a russian company, who now have involvment with chelsea. thats not that interesting however, this is the bit that is, usmanov is heavily involved wit that company. so our second largest shareholder, is involved with a company that has just started sponsoring chelsea.

He is chairman of Gazprominvestholdings, the investment holding subsidiary of Russia's state-owned gas company Gazprom, where his role is to manage what Gazprom calls its "most difficult and sensitive financial transactions."[15][16]

and we think this guy is the answer? this guy couldnt give two shits about us, if you want usmanov at our club, think again.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 07:49 PM
chelsea have recently signed a deal with a company called gazprom, its a russian company, who now have involvment with chelsea. thats not that interesting however, this is the bit that is, usmanov is heavily involved wit that company. so our second largest shareholder, is involved with a company that has just started sponsoring chelsea.

and we think this guy is the answer? this guy couldnt give two shits about us, if you want usmanov at our club, think again.
http://rumafia.com/search.php?search=Gazprominvestholding

Alisher Usmanov
... General Director of “Gazprominvestholding” ...

Yep, its easy to spout what the fans want to hear.

Xhaka Can’t
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
He's also fat.

Allegedly.

Dennis Bendtner
12-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Gazebo getting a 675k bonus is literally insane.

Maestro
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
http://rumafia.com/search.php?search=Gazprominvestholding

Yep, its easy to spout what the fans want to hear.

Well if Arsenal don't want the cash .....:getcoat:

Grebbo
12-11-2012, 10:00 PM

How did you come to that conclusion? :blink:

There are plenty of dodgy businessmen on our board already. The difference with Usmanov is he is so fucking rich he actually wants to invest money into the team (that he supports - has a box at Arsenal which he pays for unlike our board members). Whereas our rich, dodgy businessmen board have not invested a cent, or pound, of their own money into the team.

When you're dealing with billionaires the money is always likely to have been made from dodgy deals. I don't see what difference shared business dealings with Abramovich (Gazprom) has to do with whether or not you'd want Usmanov to own Arsenal.

Abramovich hasn't exactly been a disaster for Chelsea has he!! Grrrr

Kano
12-11-2012, 10:07 PM

There are plenty of dodgy businessmen on our board already. The difference with Usmanov is he is so fucking rich he actually wants to invest money into the team (that he supports - has a box at Arsenal which he pays for unlike our board members). Whereas our rich, dodgy businessmen board have not invested a cent, or pound, of their own money into the team.

When you're dealing with billionaires the money is always likely to have been made from dodgy deals. I don't see what difference shared business dealings with Abramovich (Gazprom) has to do with whether or not you'd want Usmanov to own Arsenal.

The difference with Bramo is this seems like a genuine little escape for him. he's at most matches and puts his money behind it to live out his fantasies. where was he for the terry and recent race thing? doing other shit cos he doesn't care about what any fan thinks. you see him at matches jumping up and down with the movement of the game but the best we'd get from usmanov is a dick race with roman for a while.

this is business for him, nothing more. so it's an investment that will have to pay off one way or the other.

ultimately the shares in our club had to go to someone, someday. whether passed on to family members or sold it would still be amongst the elite few far out of our day to day and why they would give a shit about what we want is anybody's guess. football ownership changed because it entered the mega rich arena once sky money started coming in, which was inevitable but no-one really gave two thoughts about it until it was too late.

Özim
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I still believe the majority of Arsenal fans think he's the best man for the job. However, I think that the minority is growing.
If this is true WTF is wrong with this people, do they enjoy being screwed over and losing at the same time.

Özim
12-11-2012, 10:35 PM

Pretty much, people who thought the billionaires would walk away have been left with egg on their faces.

Ollie the Optimist
12-11-2012, 10:38 PM

you would be happy with a board member/owner who is heavily involved with a company that sponsors chelsea. i dont give a shit what other dealings he has done in the past, i dont want a board member/owner having anything to do with another club.