PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Grebbo
13-11-2012, 09:07 AM
The difference with Bramo is this seems like a genuine little escape for him. he's at most matches and puts his money behind it to live out his fantasies. where was he for the terry and recent race thing? doing other shit cos he doesn't care about what any fan thinks. you see him at matches jumping up and down with the movement of the game but the best we'd get from usmanov is a dick race with roman for a while.

this is business for him, nothing more. so it's an investment that will have to pay off one way or the other.

ultimately the shares in our club had to go to someone, someday. whether passed on to family members or sold it would still be amongst the elite few far out of our day to day and why they would give a shit about what we want is anybody's guess. football ownership changed because it entered the mega rich arena once sky money started coming in, which was inevitable but no-one really gave two thoughts about it until it was too late.

But Usmanov is at Arsenal games, he has a box.

All I'm saying is people don't like Usmanov because he's a big fat stinking rich Russian crook. But he'd spunk his ill gotten gains on Arsenal and would probably have a willy waving competition with Abramovich which could only be a good thing for Arsenal.

We have a board full of stinking rich crooks but they're not fat or Russian so nobody cares.

Grebbo
13-11-2012, 09:09 AM
you would be happy with a board member/owner who is heavily involved with a company that sponsors chelsea. i dont give a shit what other dealings he has done in the past, i dont want a board member/owner having anything to do with another club.

Yeah I'd be happy makes no difference to me. The Gazprom link would be the least of my worries.

LDG
13-11-2012, 09:49 AM
But Usmanov is at Arsenal games, he has a box.

All I'm saying is people don't like Usmanov because he's a big fat stinking rich Russian crook. But he'd spunk his ill gotten gains on Arsenal and would probably have a willy waving competition with Abramovich which could only be a good thing for Arsenal.

We have a board full of stinking rich crooks but they're not fat or Russian so nobody cares.

:lol:

Fair play :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-11-2012, 04:28 PM
A British PR firm has deleted details of a Soviet-era criminal conviction and freedom of speech row from the Wikipedia entry of Alisher Usmanov, Britain's second-richest man, according to reports. The Russian billionaire is preparing a £1.25bn London flotation of between 15pc and 20pc of mobile phone Megafon. Mr Usmanov, who is also Arsenal Football Club’s second-biggest shareholder, owns just over 50pc of the company.

According to The Times, PR company RLM Finsbury edited Mr Usmanov's Wikipedia entry to remove mention of a freedom of speech row, where the Russian billionaire had allegedly threatened bloggers who repeated allegations that he was a "gangster and rackateer", first made by Britain's former ambassador to Uzbekistan, with legal action.

Details were also removed of a Soviet-era criminal conviction that was later overturned by the Uzbekistan Supreme Court and a description of the disappearance of a former Megafon shareholder, reports the newspaper.

The PR business replaced those sections with text outlining Mr Usmanov's philanthropy and art collection. Mr Usmanov had hired the PR firm to neautralise reports of his colourful past.

The company apologised for the edits after being approached by The Times. It said: “This was not done in the proper manner nor was this approach authorised by Mr Usmanov. We apologise for this and it will not happen again.”

Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales told the newspaper: “It is a disappointment that PR firms or lobbyists think that this is what they have to do when we’re here, we’re free, we’re open. We have a community very keen to correct errors.”

The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) worked with Wikimedia UK, the company behind the online encyclopedia, to develop a set of guidelines for PR professionals for making edits to pages relating to clients.

Jane Wilson, CIPR's chief executive, said: “Wikipedia’s rules on conflict of interest editing are clear. Public relations professionals should not directly edit Wikipedia for a client or employer, and should instead suggest amendments for consideration by Wikipedia’s community of editors – a point which today has been clarified by Jimmy Wales, and also recognised by the team at Finsbury.

"Importantly, this isn’t a special rule, only applicable to those who work in public relations. This applies because they, like any other employee or consultant, would have a conflict of interest. The same Wikipedia rules would apply if you worked in finance, strategy or HR for an organisation. The difference is that reputation is our business."

"I’d urge those who haven’t read our latest guidance on how PR professionals can work with Wikipedia, to do so today."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/9671471/Finsbury-edited-Alisher-Usmanovs-Wikipedia-page.html

Olivier's xmas twist
15-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Arsene Wenger has been considering adopting a new three at the back system to solve Arsenal's defensive problems.

Wenger has seen the Gunners leak 12 goals in their last four games, including three at home at Fulham last weekend, a frailty that has contributed to a string of disappointing results.

Now, the Frenchman and his coaching staff have looked at using three centre-halves - Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen - plus wing-backs.

That would be the biggest shake-up in Wenger's tactics since he took charge in 1996.

His new No2 Steve Bould has tried to help shore up the defence but recent results have led to the coaching staff looking at different ways to shut up shop.

It has not helped that Koscielny and Vermaelen have suffered dips in form, and Wenger is desperate to get the club's season back on track.

Wenger is likely to stick with a traditional back four for the North London derby against Spurs in Saturday, but they are looking at solutions.

Meanwhile, Kieran Gibbs is hoping to return this weekend at left-back after an injury lay-off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-considering-three-at-the-back-and-wing-backs-1434373

Fist of Lehmann
15-11-2012, 04:55 PM
has a box at Arsenal which he pays for unlike our board members.
Only because they won't give him a seat in the directors box. :lol:

Different types of vampire don't mix apparently.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Letters
15-11-2012, 07:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20220153

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has assured fans the club will be able to compete with any side in the world over the next few seasons.
The Gunners have not won a trophy since 2005 and have made their worst start to a Premier League season.
However, Gazidis argues the club is in a powerful position for the future.
"As we look to the next two, three years we will have an outstanding platform on which to compete with any club in the world," he told BBC Sport.
Gazidis says Arsenal should pull off major commercial deals that will strengthen their financial standing next season. The Gunners moved to the 60,361 capacity Emirates Stadium in 2006/7 and have increased their turnover from £177.7m then to £243m in their latest set of figures
Arsenal's shirt sponsorship and manufacturer deals are due for renewal next season and they can expect big improvements. At £5.5m per season, their shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates is dwarfed by the likes of Manchester United, who have a deal with Chevrolet worth about £28m a season.
They are also expected to be able to double the £13m shirt manufacturer deal they currently have with Nike.
"Now we are in that stadium, the first part of our vision has been realised," said Gazidis, speaking before Arsenal's annual general meeting last month. "Now we are at the stage where some of the commercial deals that were tied into the construction of the stadium, and enabled us to take that first big step, will be renegotiated.
"When that happens, we will take the second big step forward and that will be comparable in magnitude to moving to the stadium itself. At times it's been a challenging project, but we will have catapulted ourselves into the elite clubs on the European scale and that, for us, has been what the last 10 years has been about.
"Very clearly, it will push the club forward and put us into the top five clubs in the world in revenue terms, which will be a fantastic position to be in."
etc

:dance:

:unsure:

Gervinho's Forehead
15-11-2012, 07:38 PM

I did notice when I did the tour there were no mirrors in the directors area.

Gervinho's Forehead
15-11-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20220153

etc

:dance:

:unsure:

More crap from Ivan the terrible. :ilt:

Niall_Quinn
15-11-2012, 07:49 PM
More crap from Ivan the terrible. :ilt:

**** must think we're doubly stupid.

"As we look to the next two, three years we will have an outstanding platform on which to prepare for Stan's cash out," he told BBC Sport.

Gazidis says Arsenal should pull off major commercial deals that will strengthen the share price and drive a big dick right up Usmanov's arsehole...

...we will take the second big step forward and that will be comparable in magnitude to moving to the stadium itself, we will call this Shaft 2...

Very clearly, it will push the club forward and put us into the top five clubs in the world in revenue terms, which will be a fantastic position to be in. - No need to translate that one

Olivier's xmas twist
15-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Least Stan is going :coffee:

gooners
15-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Hey, gaz---fucking--idis: we have been sold this shit for past 7yrs. PHW & co. then cash up nicely and sold out!

We are not stoopid!

f-u-c-k you,wenger,stan and all the cocks 'ru(in)ning' the club :good:

Özil's Panoramic View
15-11-2012, 08:05 PM
No need to translate....

Never knew you were from Transylvania, you speak Vampire very well.

Marc Overmars
15-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I am inclined to believe our new commercial deals will see us in a very strong financial position, because the current ones are so mediocre in comparison to what the leading clubs have at the moment.

Whether we'll actually go after the high profile and most sought after players is something I'll need to see to believe though.

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Whether we'll actually go after the high profile and most sought after players is something I'll need to see to believe though.

I believe I can field this one.

:haha:

Dennis Bendtner
15-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I am inclined to believe our new commercial deals will see us in a very strong financial position, because the current ones are so mediocre in comparison to what the leading clubs have at the moment.

It'll help for sure. The current deals were front-loaded and offer basically zilch. I think there's already talk of £25m from Adidas. But by the time Gazidis and his team of geeks actually sort stuff out, the likes of United will have strengthened their position even more. They even get a fortune for their training kit (which they've bought back because they reckon they can do even better). They're very aggressive in that regard whilst the likes of Gazidis take bonuses for getting our players do go to Nigeria and dance. Have to see what the useless bald **** comes up with.

Özim
15-11-2012, 08:52 PM

PHW has just placed his order for his new Bentley, private jet and hand made cuban cigars wrapped in gold paper in a diamond encrusted box.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-11-2012, 09:07 PM

And Liverpool.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-11-2012, 09:12 PM
PHW has just placed his order for his new Bentley, private jet and hand made cuban cigars wrapped in gold paper in a diamond encrusted box.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04gu4Ip4aQ4BQ/x391.jpg

Hillwood wanting to know, that bonus is coming his way.

fakeyank
15-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Well, looks like we will be able to compete with the likes of Reading, Fulham, Norwich after this cash injection. Hopefully we can use half the money to offer psychiatric help to Wenger.

Kano
15-11-2012, 10:13 PM

it's hard to believe they will because let's not forget, if wenger is still in charge then he won't be splurging out on the market. the recent change in strategy to buy older, more experienced players is as far as he will go. according to the club there is more money there now; the ceo has said so in front of wenger at the agm for two years running.

but that's not the immediate problem anyway and not most of the fans gripes. even if wenger did go crazy in the transfer market, his managerial ability is not as good as it was and whilst he remains in charge, we'll always have a glass ceiling.

Gervinho's Forehead
15-11-2012, 10:21 PM
it's hard to believe they will because let's not forget, if wenger is still in charge then he won't be splurging out on the market. the recent change in strategy to buy older, more experienced players is as far as he will go. according to the club there is more money there now; the ceo has said so in front of wenger at the agm for two years

But it's not really the way to make more money because with more experienced and therefore older players won't go for more than we buy them for. The model of buying them young for a few hundred k or in the low millions and then developing them the into a player worth 10x as much makes the business, sorry club, more money.

Kano
15-11-2012, 10:35 PM
i think they are becoming more refined in how they do that, in the knowledge that they will make the most from young investments almost certain to stay in the english game. although feo could ruin a lot of those plans, and show the way for other successful kids at arsenal to follow if he leaves as expected in january/summer.

Marc Overmars
15-11-2012, 11:28 PM
it's hard to believe they will because let's not forget, if wenger is still in charge then he won't be splurging out on the market. the recent change in strategy to buy older, more experienced players is as far as he will go. according to the club there is more money there now; the ceo has said so in front of wenger at the agm for two years running.

but that's not the immediate problem anyway and not most of the fans gripes. even if wenger did go crazy in the transfer market, his managerial ability is not as good as it was and whilst he remains in charge, we'll always have a glass ceiling.

The club turns a big profit every year but the bulk of that is made from players sales, rather than commercial income. From what I've read and heard, if we don't make a profit in the transfer market our figures actually don't really look that impressive. So that's why I think we readily sell.

With an increased revenue stream I think we may be a little more ambitious in the transfer market and be less inclined to sell when the vultures come sniffing. At the moment I'm sure there's money to spend but it has to be on several players rather than 1 or 2 marquee names. With less of a focus on turning a profit from player sales I think, well hope, that we'll move in line with the top clubs.

That or PHW and co will pocket it all and thank us for our interest in their affairs.

Agree on Wenget, stick a fork in him, he's done.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-11-2012, 11:48 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04gu4Ip4aQ4BQ/x391.jpg

Hillwood wanting to know, that bonus is coming his way.

:lol: what a wanker

who wears a green coat.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Farmers.

QED I suppose.

LDG
16-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I believe I can field this one.

Fist of Lehmann
16-11-2012, 01:49 PM
And Liverpool.

I would hope that we would use our monies a bit more wisely.

£35m for Carroll, £20m for Downing, £20m for Robbie Keane...

Thats a £75m fuckton of donkey right there.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Don't forget Aquilani. In many ways the worst of the lot.

LDG
16-11-2012, 02:30 PM

Still better than Chamakh for free, tbf.

Fist of Lehmann
16-11-2012, 02:31 PM

I'm sorry man. Truly.

Master Splinter
17-11-2012, 09:00 AM
"It will be interesting to see who will play over the weekend and who will not play, of all those who have been injured over Europe," added Wenger. "I would personally put 10 pounds on 90 per cent playing."
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-i-understand-why-cazorla-had-to-travel-

It's got to the point where he's actually backing his calculations.

WUMger :bow:.

Maestro
17-11-2012, 10:38 AM

what ...no Benderson on that list?????

Kano
18-11-2012, 08:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7-zhS1CQAA6V8U.jpg
i definitely would

GP
18-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Bukkake party?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-11-2012, 08:33 PM
why do you have to be so racist? henry has a big cock, we get that, but linking it to his skin colour? shocking.

i'd say its more the fact that its clearly poking upwards through his red jumper. i bet giroud is taking the pic.

Kano
18-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Bukkake party?
i tried that last time but nobody came.

Ollie the Optimist
18-11-2012, 10:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7-zhS1CQAA6V8U.jpg
i definitely would

is it me or does cazorla's face look photoshoped?

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-11-2012, 10:12 PM
is it me or does cazorla's face look photoshoped?

Yeah, here's the original photo. :good:

http://i.imgur.com/sOjvp.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
18-11-2012, 11:04 PM
saw this stat earlier, man united have missed more penalties in the last two months then Arsenal have been awarded in two years.

wow

Marc Overmars
18-11-2012, 11:07 PM
wow

GP
18-11-2012, 11:12 PM
World of Warcraft

Özim
19-11-2012, 12:11 AM
wow

Olivier's xmas twist
19-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Nicklas Bendtner says he would not rule out a move to Tottenham Hotspur if he has to leave Arsenal on a permanent basis next summer.

The Danish striker is currently on a season-long loan at Juventus, but has struggled to make an impression with the Italian champions.

Bendtner spent last term on loan at Sunderland and reports suggest the 24-year-old will be sold by Arsenal at the end of the season.He admits he would be happy to stay in London and would not discount the prospect of emulating the likes of William Gallas and Emmanuel Adebayor, who have played for Arsenal and Spurs in recent years.

"History is filled with examples of players moving between rival clubs and I can't rule out clubs due to where I might have been in the past," Bendtner told bold.dk.

"It might not be the best idea but if the project matches my ambitions I would have to be interested."

He added: "I still have a great relationship with London, which is a city that I adore.

"I have a lot of friends in London and there are a lot of great clubs in London, so I wouldn't rule out a return."http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8256929/Nicklas-Bendtner-won-t-rule-out-joining-Tottenham-from-Arsenal

What a Twat. Spuds can have him tbh.

Marc Overmars
19-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Not even Spurs are desperate enough to sign that sack of shit.

GP
19-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Eisfeld scored 2 for the u21s tonight.

Big player, this lad.

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2012, 11:45 PM
"It might not be the best idea but if the project matches my ambitions I would have to be interested."

So he'll only move if they build the team around him with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Ryan Shawcross.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-11-2012, 11:52 PM
would love him to go spurs. a definite downgrade on badebayor and exactly the type of player that would test avb's player management skills.

would make them a top 6 team instead of a top 4 team.

and of course it means i can shout abuse at him more than i do already.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-11-2012, 11:53 PM
So he'll only move if they build the team around him with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Ryan Shawcross.

That **** has always had an over-inflated opinion of himself.

Buy him already Spufs :pray:

LDG
20-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Eisfeld scored 2 for the u21s tonight.

Big player, this lad.

Aye. I like this kid. Real quality, every time I've seen him.

I wonder whether we can sell him before he gets first team proper. We must be able to. 25mil to City?

Anyway, another lovely future profit there :scarf:

Letters
20-11-2012, 09:39 AM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/simpsons-money-fight.gif

:patrice:

LDG
20-11-2012, 10:08 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/11/henry-trained-with-arsenal-last-week/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

According to Olivier Giroud, Thierry Henry trained with Arsenal last week, but the new strike sensation is unsure of whether or not it means a January return for the former skipper.

Speaking to RTL, the HFB said, “Henry’s been training with the squad but he told me he didn’t know if there’d be some kind of temporary partnership this winter.”

Henry famously returned last season, during the MLS off-season, and brought some life to the place and a team that was struggling. A wonderful goal against Leeds in the FA Cup and a crucial late goal against Sunderland were the high points, even if the heatless toads at the FA ruled out a goal against Blackburn for dubious reasons of dubiosity.

It’s 12 months on though and as great as Thierry was those legs aren’t getting any younger. If there are concerns about Arsenal’s lack of depth in the striking department, perhaps the better solution is to add to the squad on a more long-term basis.

You wouldn’t rule anything out with Arsene and Thierry though. Time will tell.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t5NbxTUVBB8/TwtoR8oa8VI/AAAAAAAABT0/HEfd6O-gtoM/s1600/thierry+henry+leeds+goal+2.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-11-2012, 11:48 AM
what an embarrassment. shed loads of money sitting in the reserves yet old thierry might make another comeback.

LDG
20-11-2012, 12:01 PM
He would have to be number 17.

It just doesn't feel right.

Love the guy, and last season was brilliant, but.....

Marc Overmars
20-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Gervinho and Chakma are both going to the ACON.

If Walcott doesn't sign a deal and we recieve a tempting offer he will probably go as well, despite what Wenget said about him not going in January.

Henry returning again is probably not beyond all realms of doubt. His general play is pretty shit now but I'd have him back just for seeing the odd moment of class once again.

Of course I hope we actually go and do some proper business first and foremost though.

Letters
20-11-2012, 12:11 PM

Yeah, don't spoil it Thierry.

Niall_Quinn
20-11-2012, 12:45 PM

We could shout after Theo to chuck his shirt back when he sprints off as soon as the pay risetransfer window opens. Maybe Henry would come back not to play but to teach stuff like, this is a ball, this is how you kick a ball, this is how you pass, this is a more advanced pass that involves finding a team mate...

Özim
20-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Henry was fantastic but I don't think we should be looking back.

Having said that we do seem to give cheap a new meaning so wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.

Niall_Quinn
20-11-2012, 12:47 PM
We've probably charged him money to use the training facilities.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-11-2012, 12:52 PM
if we sell theo without giving him a run as a striker but bring back thierry to play there - who is well past his best - then not only does it undermine the whole youth project crap we went through, but it also suggests wenger's mental illness has taken another turn for the worst.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, don't spoil it Thierry.

Yep, stay well away from this mess tbh.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-11-2012, 02:57 PM
He won't be brought back again in January, sales forecasts predict he won't be a big enough pull this time around to boost merchandise sales.

Injury Time
20-11-2012, 07:23 PM
He won't be brought back again in January, sales forecasts predict he won't be a big enough pull this time around to boost merchandise sales.
With him back in TH14 shirt...are you sure?

Marc Overmars
20-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has refused to rule out a move to bring Thierry Henry back to the club.

New York Reds Bulls striker Henry is currently training with Arsenal during the MLS off-season.

Henry enjoyed a loan spell back with the Gunners last term when the MLS campaign came to an end and Wenger is now weighing up a third spell at Arsenal for the 35-year-old.

Wenger could be in the market for striking reinforcements after admitting Marouane Chamakh could leave in January and he will also be without Gervinho for several weeks when he plays for Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations

Wenger told the Daily Mirror: "He has been practising with us. Three times. Will I sign him again in January? I don't know - I don't rule it out.

"I don't know if he would be interested.

"This year we will lose Gervinho to the Africa Cup of Nations again, so we will be short - particularly if Chamakh goes."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8263411/Arsene-Wenger-refuses-to-rule-out-move-to-bring-Thierry-Henry-back-to-Arsenal

WUMger. :rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-11-2012, 11:52 PM
"This year we will lose Gervinho to the Africa Cup of Nations again, so we will be short - particularly if Chamakh goes."

Well no, he is going and its not like we play him anyways. Henry should not come either.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Why are non-entities Gervinho and Chakma being away from the team, considered a loss?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Gev id say is a loss, play him in his actuall Posistion and he does what he needs too. Not sayinh he is class but does what is needed. Play him upfront he is shocking as he is not a striker.

The latter is not a miss tbh, he has hardly played this season.

Boss
21-11-2012, 05:58 AM
Henry :bow: :bow:

Sign him up ffs.

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Well no, he is going and its not like we play him anyways. Henry should not come either.

i really dont think its a bad idea having him back, as long as we get somoneelse too. henry on his own isnt good enough. you saw last year what happened, the feel good factor came back. two winning goals from him and the smiles were out. chamkh has been on the bench recently, he isnt good enough, would rather have henry then him, even if he doesnt play, its henry, thats enough to get a buzz back, his experince is valuable to us in training, we saw last year, you just give him the ball and he will finish it

Kano
21-11-2012, 12:07 PM
but we won't get anyone else. henry will be it.

it happens all the fucking time.

LDG
21-11-2012, 12:08 PM

We might get Henry and Sol this time.

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2012, 12:09 PM

good point well made. however he is still better then chamakh so sign him up

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 12:27 PM
i really dont think its a bad idea having him back, as long as we get somoneelse too. henry on his own isnt good enough. you saw last year what happened, the feel good factor came back. two winning goals from him and the smiles were out. chamkh has been on the bench recently, he isnt good enough, would rather have henry then him, even if he doesnt play, its henry, thats enough to get a buzz back, his experince is valuable to us in training, we saw last year, you just give him the ball and he will finish it

No we need a top quality striker Simples, No point Henry coming back for two weeks then buggering off back to the states when his season resumes. Get a Lllorente or a Ba in some who will be here for the rest of the season.

Can't keep getting him back because he will create a buzz.

Id rather if he came back it was just to give the team advice, rather then be the only signing we make.

Niall_Quinn
21-11-2012, 12:33 PM

Whose fault is that?

Yours and all the other fans who aren't stupid enough to fall for such an obvious ploy.

IBK
21-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Honestly - you couldn't make it up. We've lost decent players over the years because we won't give contracts to over 30's - but are happy to have a 35 year old who has played in the US for years, back every season.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Honestly - you couldn't make it up. We've lost decent players over the years because we won't give contracts to over 30's - but are happy to have a 35 year old who has played in the US for years, back every season.

Pretty much. We actually need to bring in more then a striker anyways. Even if Theo signed a deal, we still need that top striker imo.

Kano
21-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Whose fault is that?

Yours and all the other fans who aren't stupid enough to fall for such an obvious ploy.
Sorry.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oZydYyrClpM#!

WTF?

Marc Overmars
21-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Who the hell is narrating that? :lol:

GP
21-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Stuart Hall innit?

saintnickle
21-11-2012, 04:07 PM
It doesn't matter wether theo signs or not ,our only dealings in the January window will be Henry. We will parade him round the emirates again and all the problems with out manager, board and owners will be forgotten for a month . Brilliant. Why can't the majority of fans not see through this charade.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 04:17 PM
It doesn't matter wether theo signs or not ,our only dealings in the January window will be Henry. We will parade him round the emirates again and all the problems with out manager, board and owners will be forgotten for a month . Brilliant. Why can't the majority of fans not see through this charade.

Who said they have not. What makes you think Henry would want to come back anyway.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Who the hell is narrating that? :lol:

i think it's jenkinson's dad

Fist of Lehmann
21-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Slightly worrying that Giroud couldn't hit a deformed mouse from 8 yards.

Marc Overmars
21-11-2012, 04:52 PM
He would have if someone was whipping crosses in.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-11-2012, 05:33 PM
its ramseys fault

Ollie the Optimist
22-11-2012, 10:45 AM
perhaps we have replaced RVP's goals this year. this stat is interesting

As of this time last season (all comps): 21 games, 39 team goals (1.86 goals per game); top scorer v.Persie with 17 goals (44% of the total)

As of this season (all comps): 19 games, 45 team goals (2.37 goals per game); top scorer Walcott with 9 goals (20% of the total)

this is skewed by the COC, so take that out and its this

As of this time last season (excl. CC): 19 games, 34 team goals (1.79 goals per game); top scorer v.Persie with 17 goals (50% of the total)

As of this season (excl. COC): 17 games, 32 team goals (1.88 goals per game); top scorer Podolski with 7 goals (22% of the total)

from @thesquidboylike

shows our goals are more evenly spread, given podolski and giroud who were bought to replace rvp, have scored 14 goals this year, this time last year rvp had 15. so it looks like we have goals spread evenly around the team rather then just via RVP. perhaps rvp's goals were more winners hence why it looks like we struggle.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-11-2012, 12:39 PM
New York Red Bulls are reluctant to grant Thierry Henry permission to link up with Arsenal on another short-term loan.

The French forward made an emotional return to North London in January, with the Gunners hero offered an opportunity to enhance his legend status - and add to his club record tally of goals.

Henry has refused to rule out taking in a third spell with Arsenal during the MLS off season in 2013, while Arsene Wenger has opened the door to his possible return.

The Red Bulls are, however, prepared to scupper such a switch by blocking the 35-year-old from taking in competitive action in the New Year.

New sporting director Andy Roxburgh told the Daily Star: "In general terms, I wouldn't say it would be something we would favour.

"I think the length of the season we have here, when they get the break over the Christmas, New Year period, they need to regenerate themselves.

"I'd say in general we wouldn't be too positive about it."

Roxburgh added: "Right now, no-one has requested for anyone to go on loan.

"It depends on the individual, it depends on the circumstances. You cannot say never on that one. But it's unlikely, at the moment, that would happen."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8270339/New-York-Red-Bulls-prepared-to-prevent-Thierry-Henry-from-returning-to-Arsenal

Özim
22-11-2012, 01:45 PM
This Henry thing is going to happen isn't it, this will most likely be our only signing.

Dennis Bendtner
22-11-2012, 01:55 PM
It's just silly. I think the peak of nostalgic sentiment was reached with the Leeds goal. Henry is playing in the MLS because he can't run anymore - we saw last season how out of place he looked anywhere outside the box. He didn't even start a game. I loved those moments at Leeds and Sunderland but pretending Henry is a good replacement for a guy that actually starts games is a massive pisstake. Sign him, and sign someone else. Obviously that is unlikely to happen.

IBK
22-11-2012, 02:02 PM
It's just silly. I think the peak of nostalgic sentiment was reached with the Leeds goal. Henry is playing in the MLS because he can't run anymore - we saw last season how out of place he looked anywhere outside the box. He didn't even start a game. I loved those moments at Leeds and Sunderland but pretending Henry is a good replacement for a guy that actually starts games is a massive pisstake. Sign him, and sign someone else. Obviously that is unlikely to happen.

Yup.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-11-2012, 02:15 PM

You can see it, they will get Henry to cover and try to get Llorente for Free in the summer. Or on a pre contract. Think we'll buy a few though maybe not a striker though.

Syn
22-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Seconded (@ DSL). The club are playing on sentiment by bringing Henry in - and we've already rinsed that for his role last season and the couple of winners (particularly against Leeds) that he managed. Getting him in now would a very transparent act of manipulating the fans and, quite frankly, a scumbag move. If you don't want to bring in proper players and we struggle, at least man up and take the criticism/abuse from the fans that pay your wages. Lowering the legacy of a club legend just to buy yourself some respite is a dick move.

Joker
22-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Seconded (@ DSL). The club are playing on sentiment by bringing Henry in - and we've already rinsed that for his role last season and the couple of winners (particularly against Leeds) that he managed. Getting him in now would a very transparent act of manipulating the fans and, quite frankly, a scumbag move. If you don't want to bring in proper players and we struggle, at least man up and take the criticism/abuse from the fans that pay your wages. Lowering the legacy of a club legend just to buy yourself some respite is a dick move.

Exactly.

Kano
22-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Cheap move? Check.
Healthy april accounts? check.
Sell Walcott? Check.
Stick Tezza back in the 14 shirt? Check.
Make shedloads off his back? check.
Mug us all off once again. check.

sounds likes a plan.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Cheap move? Check.
Healthy april accounts? check.
Sell Walcott? Check.
Stick Tezza back in the 14 shirt? Check.
Make shedloads off his back? check.
Mug us all off once again. check.

sounds likes a plan.

http://www.setanta.com/Global/Images/sport/football/2011-2012/Premier%20League/Arsenal/Arsene%20Wenger/WengerArsene_Smiles.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
22-11-2012, 02:46 PM

Then is Henry stupid for coming back if he does and Lowering his rep. What makes you think he'd even come and play for us.

Marc Overmars
22-11-2012, 03:00 PM
It's Henry. Of course he'll say yes if we ask him.

Syn
22-11-2012, 04:10 PM
What I tend to see is that for some people who are at the very top of their field, be it sports or whatever, they struggle to come to terms with the fact that they're not what they were. I have little doubt Henry still fancies his ability and thinks he could have an even better impact than last year.

LDG
22-11-2012, 04:24 PM
He might be quicker without that huge beard.

Niall_Quinn
22-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I think it mostly shows it was a fucking scandal of epic proportions to sell RvC to Utd.

gooners
22-11-2012, 08:09 PM
it was for footballing reasons.

LDG
23-11-2012, 09:30 AM
PODOLSKI!!!!!

3mins 50secs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqSlaorOtTE&feature=youtu.be&t=3m50s

V-Pig
23-11-2012, 10:46 AM

:bow:

Syn
23-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Replica. It's a sign.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Stewart Robson thinks Nathan Dyer is better than Theo.

GP
23-11-2012, 11:58 AM

:lol: What??

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:06 PM

Only 2 weeks ago, he said we needed to do all we can to keep Theo cause he is good etc.

Man chats so much rubbish.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 12:13 PM
And he keeps getting sporting media appearances.

Being an idiot. :bow:

And GP, indeed!

LDG
23-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Arsenal replaced him with Adrian Clarke :lol:

Clarke :bow:

3* appearances :bow:

*did not look at official stats.

Kano
23-11-2012, 12:20 PM
even my spurs supporting boss heard him on the radio the other day and couldn't believe what a fog horn of a **** this guy is.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:26 PM
And he keeps getting sporting media appearances.

Being an idiot. :bow:

And GP, indeed!

Apprently he wanted a job on Arsenal tv and got turned down, been bitter ever since.

Kano
23-11-2012, 12:29 PM
he had one on there before didn't he?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah he was the main analyst. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:39 PM
he had one on there before didn't he?

Then they sacked him then ad he is still bitter.

He has been attacking Theo for months now (well when it suits him to).

Ollie the Optimist
27-11-2012, 11:03 AM
whats the point of press conferences anymore? the press on saturday say they speak for the fans and question wenger on subs etc, which they should do, today they ask him about joey bartons french accent when there are many more important issues he needs asking on. stupid pricks

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has been appointed to two influential roles within European football.

Gazidis, who took up his role at the Gunners in 2009, has been named by the European Club Association (ECA) as their representative on UEFA's primary policy-making body - the UEFA Professional Strategy Council.

He will also take up a place on the ECA Executive board which represents the interests of Europe's top 207 teams.

Gazidis was part of the management team that was in charge of setting up the MLS in 2001 and he will replace Manchester United's CEO, David Gill, on the ECA board.

ECA Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "I am pleased to welcome Ivan Gazidis on the ECA Executive Board. His experience and distinct football knowledge will add a lot of value to ECA and European football as a whole."

Upon his appointment Gazidis said: "I am delighted to be joining these important groups which are hugely influential in the future direction of the game in Europe. I am looking forward to representing the top European clubs in many important debates as we move ahead."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8291872/Arsenal-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis-handed-key-roles-within-European-football

Marc Overmars
28-11-2012, 12:59 PM
New Dein. :bow:

dazthegooner
28-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Thing is Dein actually achieved something I believe before he was given a role... :unsure:

Özim
28-11-2012, 01:53 PM
WTF? He can't even do his real job properly so why the hell should he be allowed to take on something else?

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Arsenal defender Andre Santos has hinted that he could leave the club in the near future.

The 29-year-old has failed to make an impact at the Emirates Stadium following a move from Fenerbahce last summer.

The Brazilian has now suggested that he could soon be making a return to Turkey.

"My idea is to stay in Europe. I want to keep playing, wherever it might be," he told Esporte.

"I still have many objectives on this continent. Some clubs from Turkey have called me, but there is nothing concrete."

Santos has played nine times in all competitions for the Gunners this season

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/santos-heading-for-arsenal-exit_56858.html

:wave:

Özil's Panoramic View
28-11-2012, 07:24 PM
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/santos-heading-for-arsenal-exit_56858.html

:wave:

:pray:

Xhaka Can’t
28-11-2012, 07:49 PM
WTF? He can't even do his real job properly so why the hell should he be allowed to take on something else?

He'll fit right in.

Ralpheroo72
29-11-2012, 10:04 PM
We bought Stan a new ranch

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2012/11/29/kroneke-buys-83m-property/

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2012, 10:07 PM
STRIKER Nicklas Bendtner’s loan to Juventus could be shortlived as the Italians have been unimpressed with his displays.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4671133/Juventus-want-to-dump-Nicklas-Bendtner.html#ixzz2DeTQrWgH

I knew Juve wouldn't be big enough for him.

-Xs-
29-11-2012, 10:09 PM

Brown tonguing his way up the rank

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I knew Juve wouldn't be big enough for him.

You're GW's very own Eric Bristow.

Kano
29-11-2012, 10:26 PM
keep out the black and in the red, there's nothing in this game for two in a bed.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2012, 10:28 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8291872/Arsenal-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis-handed-key-roles-within-European-football

Well he's finally got a couple of titles I suppose, the kind he prefers too no doubt.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2012, 10:29 PM
keep out the black and in the red, there's nothing in this game for two in a bed.

I think he was implying I'm fat.

Kano
29-11-2012, 10:32 PM
yeah but you can't beat a bit of bully.

Gervinho's Forehead
02-12-2012, 10:32 AM
5 wins in 15 fucking games! :banghead: :ilt:

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
5 wins in 15 fucking games! :banghead: :ilt:

I bet your Missus would appreciate a return like that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2012, 10:36 PM
apparently bould ripped into the arsenal team after the swansea defeat... "you've let us down all fucking year" :bow:

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG 93L2xhcmdlL2Jpa2RjeS5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=MTvJAO9CsZ62dWgwJPiE3mhi4lPVAWQGKOueffi2x5M

bould :bow:

step aside wenger, let someone with a bit of passion take charge :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 10:45 PM
apparently bould ripped into the arsenal team after the swansea defeat... "you've let us down all fucking year" :bow:

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG 93L2xhcmdlL2Jpa2RjeS5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=MTvJAO9CsZ62dWgwJPiE3mhi4lPVAWQGKOueffi2x5M

Someone has to. These ****s need a Gheling up tbh.

Our next manager right there, you know it will happen.

teve Bould branded Arsenal's under-performing flops a big "let down" in a furious dressing room inquest.

Arsenal No.2 Bould tore into the players after their defeat to Swansea as he questioned their commitment and responsibility after a string of bad results.

Bould shouted: "You've let us down and you've been letting us down all season." And Bould also roared: "None of you are taking responsibility."

The dressing room inquest lasted more than 40 minutes as Bould's patience finally snapped after defeat left Arsenal floundering in mid-table after the worst start to a campaign in Arsene Wenger's 16-year reign.

Arsenal's players have complained they have been left shattered by a gruelling fixture programme but, crucially, some players have complained that training levels have not been scaled back as they are at other clubs in the Champions League.

That has come as a culture shock to big-name summer signings Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla and Arsenal are likely to rest as many players as possible for the final Champions League Group match at Olympiacos tomorrow night (TUES).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-coach-steve-bould-raged-1470107

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 10:53 PM

He was talking to Wenger you muppet!

GP
02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
He was talking to Wenger you muppet!

He was talking to the accountants.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Someone has to. These ****s need a Gheling up tbh.

Our next manager right there, you know it will happen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-coach-steve-bould-raged-1470107

bould comes and in his 5th month does what wenger should have been doing for the past 7 years.

step in bouldy.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
He was talking to the accountants.

Serious? Bould is out of touch then, these accountants haven't left a stone unturned or a sofa cushion in place. Every last penny has been hoovered up and accounted for in a way that leaves Stan rubbing his claws together with glee. I can't see what more they could have done. The commitment is astounding. Sorry, can't agree with Bouldy here.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 11:01 PM
bould comes and in his 5th month does what wenger should have been doing for the past 7 years.

step in bouldy.

Also its A cheap move for the board, won't need to spend much money on his replacement and bould knows how things work in the club.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Everything will be fine once we have signed Fat Frank. It's a dream come true, Lumpard wearing the shirt.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Everything will be fine once we have signed Fat Frank. It's a dream come true, Lumpard wearing the shirt.

as long as it's coyle or arry signing him for us.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 11:07 PM
as long as it's coyle or arry signing him for us.

Coyle :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 11:10 PM
some players have complained that training levels have not been scaled back as they are at other clubs in the Champions League.

If this is true then those players need to piss off.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Boxing Day derby threat

Arsenal are likely to postpone their Boxing Day clash with West Ham because of a Tube strike.

Gunners chiefs did the same last year because of similar industrial action and put back the game with Wolves by 24 hours but they cannot do it again. They play Newcastle on December 29 so have no scope to delay the West Ham game, so it will be rescheduled for the New Year.

Arsenal feel they owe it to fans to decide on the game sooner rather than later to allow those from further afield to arrange their travel plans. Tube workers may not hold a final ballot until December 19.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Oh FFS, I'm going to that match, hope I can still make it if it's rearranged.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is emerging as a target for big-spending French club Paris St-Germain as pressure builds on Carlo Ancelotti following a weekend defeat by Nice. http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/325338/psg-wenger-a-nouveau-dans-le-viseur/

:wave: wumger.

Özim
03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/325338/psg-wenger-a-nouveau-dans-le-viseur/

Yeah that won't work very well will it, he'll go and then refuse to spend the money they give him to spend on the squad. He'll be out of a job within 2 weeks.

I doubt he'd have the bottle to take the job to be honest, probably too high risk for him.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah that won't work very well will it, he'll go and then refuse to spend the money they give him to spend on the squad. He'll be out of a job within 2 weeks.

I doubt he'd have the bottle to take the job to be honest, probably too high risk for him.

:doh:

Gervinho's Forehead
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
"We're not in crisis we're in fantastic shape" Wenger 03/12/12

:haha: He's completely lost the plot!

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 11:51 PM
"We're not in crisis we're in fantastic shape" Wenger.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-12-2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/325338/psg-wenger-a-nouveau-dans-le-viseur/

straight swap.

Ollie the Optimist
04-12-2012, 10:12 AM
"We're not in crisis we're in fantastic shape" Wenger 03/12/12

if you are refereing to his interview in the press yesterday, i dont see much wrong with it. hes hardly going to come out and say we are shit, i hate them as that will destroy any confidence they have left. he also made a good point about having 7/8 games until we have a chance to play a new signing (if we make any :lol: ) so its these players who have to do, so calling them shit and saying they arent good and we've lost wont help them when we need them to try and step it up

Joker
04-12-2012, 10:21 AM
He can't say we're in crisis of course, but at the same time trying to convince us that we're in "fantastic shape" is extremely deluded.

GP
04-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Deluded if you think he believes what he says.

Ollie the Optimist
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
He can't say we're in crisis of course, but at the same time trying to convince us that we're in "fantastic shape" is extremely deluded.

what do you want him to say though? if he made these quotes in january, then yes i agree he would have lost it if you like, but saying it when we have a massive 8 games coming up, and january is a tough month, with chelsea, city and liverpool (potentially chelsea 3 times if we get to coc semi final and draw them) he has to try everything to pick the players up

Joker
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
what do you want him to say though? if he made these quotes in january, then yes i agree he would have lost it if you like, but saying it when we have a massive 8 games coming up, and january is a tough month, with chelsea, city and liverpool (potentially chelsea 3 times if we get to coc semi final and draw them) he has to try everything to pick the players up

Perhaps he could say that although we're playing poorly and are in bad shape at the moment, there is enough quality to get ourselves out of the mess and he will do everything in his power to make sure we play to our full potential, and if that requires new signings, so be it. At least it would give the fans some encouragement that Wenger realises that there are massive problems at the moment.

Ollie the Optimist
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Perhaps he could say that although we're playing poorly and are in bad shape at the moment, there is enough quality to get ourselves out of the mess and he will do everything in his power to make sure we play to our full potential, and if that requires new signings, so be it. At least it would give the fans some encouragement that Wenger realises that there are massive problems at the moment.

yeah fair enough thats a better answer bar one point, he has said he is looking at january signings in an interview before swansea game, i posted links in another thread so he has given us encouragment on that front last week.

Marc Overmars
04-12-2012, 10:54 AM

He also said in that interview (the one at the airport), it's a "fact" we have a good spirit and are strong mentally. :lol:

Not sure why anyone bothers to react to what he says, 95% of his interviews now are BS and he knows it.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
yeah fair enough thats a better answer bar one point, he has said he is looking at january signings in an interview before swansea game, i posted links in another thread so he has given us encouragment on that front last week.

He also said, we need to find the answers within, before we go on a spree.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Deluded if you think he believes what he says.

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 01:11 PM

Needs to stop wrapping up these boys in wool and get them playing like men.

Injury Time
04-12-2012, 01:25 PM

Needs to stop wrapping up these boys in wool and get them playing like men.
It's what Jimmy Saville would've wanted tbf

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
It's what Jimmy Saville would've wanted tbf

Olivier's xmas twist
05-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Arsenal target Wilfried Zaha was just another frustrated Gunners fan as Arsene Wenger’s team’s malaise continued at Olympiakos.

The highly-rated Crystal Palace winger has been strongly linked with a January move to the Emirates, but seemed unimpressed with his suitors’ efforts during their 2-1 defeat in Greece.

‘I swear I’m not watching arsenal anymore’, Zaha tweeted shortly after Kostas Mitroglou put the hosts 2-1 ahead after 73 minutes. ‘I’m an Arsenal supporter but they stress me out’

The Gunners had taken the lead through Tomas Rosicky shortly before half-time but were pegged back by Giannis Maniatis after the break.

The result ensured Arsenal finished Group B in second spot with Schalke 04 topping the table after a 1-1 draw in Montpellier.

Wenger’s side are now without a win in all competitions in four matches and the pressure continues to mount on the Frenchman following Saturday’s worrying 2-0 loss at home to Swansea.

Zaha, whose Crystal Palace team are currently second in the Championship, is just one of several names that Wenger has been linked with including Schalke goalscorer Klass-Jan Huntelaar, Gunners legend Thierry Henry and a shock move for Chelsea’s veteran

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/04/arsenal-suffer-another-defeat-as-wilfried-zaha-tweets-his-frustration-3301107/

Zaha :bow:

Sign him up tbh.

Marc Overmars
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Come and save us Wilfy.

Syn
05-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Hope we we sign Zaha. Only because it'll end Palace's promotion charge so less competition for the sheep shaggers for mugged us off for Ramsey.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Tomas Rosicky can understand the frustration of Arsenal's fans but believes the boo-boys are causing problems.

The midfielder scored against Olympiakos on Tuesday night but it was to no avail as Arsene Wenger's side surrendered the lead to lose 2-1 in Greece.

Defeat followed the weekend loss in the Premier League to Swansea City, when fans at Emirates Stadium did not hold back in letting their feelings be known.

Arsenal will therefore have to try and win back the respect of their followers when they host West Bromwich Albion on Saturday and Rosicky thinks the current volatile atmosphere is damaging.

The Czech said in the Evening Standard: "I can understand the frustrations, I am an Arsenal fan as well when I am not playing.

"It is understandable but we have some young guys and this is not helping. We have to all stick together, which is what we did last season when everyone was writing us off.

"The performances we produced against Tottenham and AC Milan [in last season's Champions League], you could feel the great atmosphere at the Emirates. Without doubt that was the best atmosphere I have ever played in.

"We have to win the people again, that is the challenge. It will be difficult but we are capable of doing it again. If we are all on board, Arsenal is a great place to play football."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8310497/Premier-League-Arsenal-s-boo-boys-are-not-helpful-says-Tomas-Rosicky

Syn
05-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Tomas :rose:

What have you done...

GP
05-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Tomas :rose:

What have you done...

Cocaine.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Cocaine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=IddaRTuYRW4

Letters
05-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I was shouting Boo-urns :unsure:

Gervinho's Forehead
05-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Booooooooooooooo! Fuck off Tomas ya ****! Booooooooooooooooo!

Dennis Bendtner
05-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Rosicky is correct. Well said crackhead. Now go and recover little bit burst.

Cripps_orig
05-12-2012, 06:29 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3580876 :doh:

Marc Overmars
05-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh dear.

Dennis Bendtner
05-12-2012, 06:58 PM
He's talking about the brand, as the commercial officer would. "So our brand is defined by more than winning."

Gervinho's Forehead
05-12-2012, 07:06 PM
He's talking about the brand, as the commercial officer would. "So our brand is defined by more than winning."

Yeah! Massive proffits! :patrice:

Dennis Bendtner
05-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah! Massive proffits! :patrice:

Well, yeah. His job is to bring money in. There's no point getting annoyed about a quote from a yank bloke who has nothing more to do with on-pitch stuff.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-12-2012, 01:31 PM
The England international followed up his October victory with another in November after scoring three goals in six appearances.

Walcott broke the deadlock in the 2-2 draw at Schalke and rounded off the 5-2 win over Tottenham with a low finish from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's pass. But he saved his best for last with a first-minute opener at Everton, initiating the move with a fine run and applying the finish from Aaron Ramsey's assist.

Walcott now leads Arsenal's scoring charts with 10 in all competitions but his overall contribution was impressive in November with his pace and movement causing plenty of problems.

Olivier Giroud finished second in our official club poll with 23.6 per cent of the votes, a little under 12 per cent behind Walcott. The France striker scored four times in three games during November.

Santi Cazorla was third and his highlight of the month was surely his influential performance - and well-taken goal - in the north London derby win at Emirates Stadium.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/46192/walcott-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month

Ollie the Optimist
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
this explains tom fox's comments for those that just read headlines

Yes, I know, we should all expect this sort of thing from the tabloids, but the sad fact of the matter is that many people simply read headlines and don’t actually look to see what has been said and so misinformation spreads and becomes ‘fact’ in the public domain.

Yesterday the Sun reported that Tom Fox, Arsenal’s chief commercial officer, had implied that winning was NOT vital, in fact, the was their sub-head. What did he actually say? Well, this:

“Arsenal Football Club is not only about winning.

“We have a large and engaged fan-base around the world who want to feel as if they belong to the club, and want to feel proud to belong to the club. That’s my primary business.”

Of course, the Sun’s introductory sentence read

A TOP-RANKING Arsenal official has risked supporters’ fury by insisting that winning is not everything.

Arsenal football club is not only about winning said Fox. Where in that statement does it say that winning is not vital or important or everything? In fact, in case that wasn’t clear enough, Fox even added

“Obviously nothing instills pride in our fan-base more than winning, but there’s many things we do that make our fans feel proud.

“Developing young talent and finding those players in the marketplace make our fans feel proud. Whether it’s Serge Gnabry, who is a 17-year-old player in our reserve squad, whether it’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, whether it’s Theo Walcott, we look at these young players and have faith in our manager to develop them as the players for the future.

“And the fans come to a stadium that the club built really at a time 10 years ago when the board decided to build that stadium. Everything was going our way, it was Manchester United and Arsenal. But we made a very bold decision and we built that stadium on time and on budget — that makes our fans very proud.

“When they see that we can attract — even though we haven’t won a trophy in seven years — one of the top global brands in the world for the type of money and financial commitment they’re making, that makes our fans feel proud. So our brand is defined by more than winning.

“Football can be a fairly mercenary commercial environment. Football clubs go into the market and they really do business with whoever wants to pay them the most money. By the time this current shirt deal expires with Emirates, they would have been on our shirt for 13 years. That says a lot about how we run the football club and what’s important to us as a football club.

“So it’s not just about finding the best commercial opportunity.

The entire point of his comments was about Arsenal fans having other things to be proud of in the club at a time when they are struggling to get results on the pitch. That even though the club is not winning fans can still feel proud of the club. In what world is this a bad thing? He wasn’t saying that winning wasn’t important or vital or the main aim of the club. He was talking about the changing (and changed) landscape of football these days and how if you don’t operate from a commercial point of view you suffer and knowing that your brand will be worth more when it is winning, why on earth would Arsenal think that winning is not important?

But, again, why let facts get in the way of a story eh? If they’d even done a quick Google search they’d have found Fox saying this to the Arsenal site

“We want to win and we want to continue to build a great organization around this great brand.”

That pretty much sums up what he was trying to say in this Sun piece before they decided to twist it all over the place. ‘Arsenal are not only about winning’ is not the same, as some people have tried to tell me this morning, as ‘Winning is not important’ in the same way that ‘Christmas is not only about presents’ is not the same statement as ‘Presents are not important.’ Or another example – ‘Owning a shop is not all about sales’ is not the same as ‘Sales are not important.’

LDG
06-12-2012, 02:30 PM

Have you actually read what he is saying?

He is so out of touch it is untrue.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM

:gp: I'm not too sure how many of your average fan would agree with hardly anything written there.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Well, yeah. His job is to bring money in. There's no point getting annoyed about a quote from a yank bloke who has nothing more to do with on-pitch stuff.

Good point, i guess.

Dennis Bendtner
06-12-2012, 02:46 PM

I don't think anyone rational would pretend he's an arsenal fan or truly gives a shit about the club. But it doesn't matter if the commercial officer is out of touch, his only job is to make money for the club. Not sure why he got wheeled out to preach anyway, it's usually a job for Gazidis.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't think anyone rational would pretend he's an arsenal fan or truly gives a shit about the club. But it doesn't matter if the commercial officer is out of touch, his only job is to make money for the club. Not sure why he got wheeled out to preach anyway, it's usually a job for Gazidis.

We thank you for your interest in who we wheeled out.

Özim
06-12-2012, 02:50 PM
He's right.

I'm proud our manager is proud of everything his team does, it's this pride, spirit and togetherness that get's us through the tough times, but yeah it's not all about winning, it's more about losing these days to be honest.

I'm also proud Wenger is proud about our failed youth policy, it was a challenging project and I think we might have just pulled it off.

I'm also very proud of our brand new stadium, because I know that should I ever want to go, I'll have a nice comfy seat to watch the boring, repetitive, soul less football from and if I'm not skint enough after paying the highest ticket prices for the privilege then I can be safe in the knowledge that I can go and spend whatever's left at the Diamond club.

The important thing to remember through all this though is that if we believe in the quality of our game then everything will turn out well.

Pride :bow:

Joker
06-12-2012, 03:26 PM

I've read what he's said and he's totally out of touch. I know his role isn't a football one as such, but as an employee of Arsenal FC (emphasis on FC) he should at least realise that we are not simply a private sector enterprise, and there is more to Arsenal than profits and losses.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen has insisted that, despite the club's recent poor run of form, all is calm at the North London club and there is no possibility of arguments brewing.

The Belgian has had to endure a difficult period as skipper, with Arsenal falling to 10th in the Premier League table, 15 points adrift of leaders Manchester United, after losing 2-0 to Swansea City at Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners then suffered back-to-back defeats after losing to Olympiakos in the Champions League, and such form has led to rumours of discontent at the club and suspicions of fallouts between players.

However, Vermaelen is adamant that the dressing room is still a happy place to be at Arsenal; an atmosphere in keeping with his own style as captain.

Speaking exclusively in the January 2013 issue of FourFourTwo, he says: "I'm totally not someone who will shout in the dressing room. I'm much more likely to go up to individuals and give them pieces of advice about what they might be doing in a game."

And Vermaelen explains that the stability of the club also helps to discourage such arguments.

"There is a consistency here as a result of the manager being here for so long. There is a clear vision that everyone understands and believes in. There are never any arguments here. I played at Ajax and we had five managers in five years. That is not good for the atmosphere."

He states that the calm environment at the North London outfit means he remains happy at the club, despite a lack of silverware and the decisions to sell Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri, Alex Song and Robin van Persie in recent years.In fact, he supports the Gunners' policy, claiming that the stability of the club, particularly financially, means that: "Arsenal is going to be a big club for years" and "has always been an attractive club to come and play for. That’s not going to change."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/115325/default.aspx

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Mikel Arteta has revealed the deep hurt within the Arsenal dressing room as they face one of the biggest crisis of Arsene Wenger’s reign.
Arteta promised there will also be a “big reaction” against West Brom after major soul-searching within the squad for the reasons behind Arsenal’s worst start to a Premier League campaign (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-is-facing-the-most-important-1475757).
Arsenal midfielder Arteta, 30, says the players have asked for extra training and spent extra time at the club's Hertfordshire HQ analysing video of their games - and admits they owe the fans.
But Arteta says the disappointment and hurt etched on the players’ faces proves that Arsenal have got the right mentality and determination to turn their campaign around.
Arteta said: “People are hurting, people are upset with themselves, the players are angry. I think that’s a good thing. It’s not like players couldn’t care less, they know what they need to do.
“At Arsenal you have a group of players who want to give 100 per cent and that makes things so much easier. I always see that in the dressing room. Always.
“You look at the players’ faces, the disappointment, the hurt. They want to put it right. You’ve got players here demanding and wanting to do extra training. It’s in themselves to work harder to put it right.
“We have been watching videos over and over again of games, looking at what we’ve done wrong. That comes from everyone, absolutely everyone.
“It’s not just about this week. It’s been before that.
"Last Saturday was probably the lowest point (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/arsenal-0-2-swansea-city-match-1292774), but we hadn’t won the last games before and that was disappointing because we’d been on a good unbeaten run but hadn’t been winning games.
“You have to look at yourself and then you have to look at the rest of the players. The most important thing is a player’s attitude, how you go about your job and the players here take responsibility.
“We need to win games, it doesn’t matter how. The players want to put it right. I’m expecting a big reaction. I know we will get that from the players.
As Arteta admits, that defeat to Swansea last weekend saw the players hit an all-time low.
They were booed off at the final whistle and manager Wenger agreed a fear factor after poor home results has affected his players.

Arteta admits it has all hit him hard personally.

By his own admission, the Spaniard is going through a tough time and Wenger rested him and several of his team-mates to give them a break rather than go to Athens for this week’s Champions League match at Olympiacos - which ended in another defeat (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/olympiacos-2-1-arsenal-match-report-1473189).
But Arteta says tiredness does not even come into it as an excuse and that Arsenal will finish their season strongly.

His own targets remain high, although he believes the league is tougher than ever.
“Does it affect me? Ask my missus! I get very frustrated. I love my job, I want to do well and so when it goes badly it affects your personality,” said Arteta.

“People say it’s fatigue. It’s not fatigue.
"I looked at my stats against Swansea and I want more than any other game this season. It’s not just tiredness but it can be mental fatigue, stress and everyone is tired.
“We’ve got everything here to be a really, really successful. We all know we can do better and when you feel that you get very frustrated.
“You can always add quality to any team. They can make a difference, bring in more spark and I’m sure they will do that if they feel they need to.
“That’s not for us to decide but we feel confident the club will do what is right and necessary.
“I’ve noticed in the last three years that the league has increased so much. You get crazy results every week. Physically every team is ready and every game is tough.
“The gap has closed between the top and the bottom. The other teams have improved.
"You look at the Reading game with Manchester United (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/reading-3-4-manchester-united-match-1292538) - crazy!

“It happens with us. Manchester City. Spurs. No-one is winning five or six in a row and that show you hard it is.
“If you analyse last year, in February, we played Spurs. We were 12 points behind them. We finished above them.
“There’s still six months to go, so you have to keep believing. It’s all about how you react. If you want to show you are a big player at a big player club then you have to react. That’s what we need now.
“I came here because I wanted to play in the Champions League, to be challenging the big clubs and for the big trophies.
“If you see the structure of the club then it’s unbelievable. Every player here will tell you the same thing. We have to make the gap smaller between us and the top.
“There’s a gap, but it’s up to us to make it smaller.
"For example, we go to Bradford on Tuesday [in the Capital One Cup] - if we win that, we’re in the semi finals.
"We’re in the Champions League knock-out stage.
“We’re five points behind fourth place. That’s not far.
"First place is now very, very difficult, if I’m being honest. But there’s a lot still there for us - the FA Cup is there, the Capital One Cup, the Champions League.
“We have to be ready now and give our best in every game whether it’s good or bad.
"That’s the attitude you have to have if you want to be at the top clubs.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-mikel-arteta-exclusive-interview-1476390

Arteta :bow: our real captain.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 09:14 AM
wenger confirms there is money to spend but he wont spend it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-wenger-risks-fan-anger-1478164

so are people still going to defend the wanker and blame the board?

money there but he refuses to spend it. what a c*nt.

let me guess, the board told him to give that statement? :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow, this again.

Really?

Gervinho's Forehead
08-12-2012, 09:34 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooo if this gets around there might be some chants of "spend some fucking money!"

wenger :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 09:37 AM
unfortunately the conspiracy will always continue

anything to defend beloved wenger cause people just cant admit he's pure shit now

waiting for an old dog to learn new tricks

well let them wait. ill sit back and laugh when the transition to donkey is complete.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Spoken like a true internet warrior, meanwhile the rest get on with supporting the Club.

Letters
08-12-2012, 10:04 AM
wenger confirms there is money to spend but he wont spend it
If you look at the quotes, no he doesn't :good:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 10:16 AM
“It (our philosophy) won’t change. It doesn’t mean we will not spend money. I am always painted like a guy who refuses to spend money, but I just think I act like a responsible manager because we went through a period where we had restricted funds and I acted in a responsible way."

went through a period of restricted funds. that implies that period is over.

which means there is money there now.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 10:25 AM
It also implies all these comments over the past 7 years of £30m in the transfer kitty was utter BS.

Letters
08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
which means there is money there now.
Yep. Where in the article does he say he won't spend it?
He actually says the opposite, but don't let the that get in the way of the headline.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 10:37 AM
erm

“It (our philosophy) won’t change. It doesn’t mean we will not spend money. I am always painted like a guy who refuses to spend money, but I just think I act like a responsible manager because we went through a period where we had restricted funds and I acted in a responsible way.

philosophy has been to penny pinch and save.

philosophy wont change = will continue not spending.

honestly this is like talking to a kid. your drive to defend wenger makes you overlook the obvious.

what do you want clarification on next? what day it is?

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm not defending Wenger at all, but your hyper response and Soviet Pravda(esque) analysis provides more insight on your thought processes and state of mind than anything in that article or Letters tbh.

Letters
08-12-2012, 10:43 AM
You're picking and choosing quotes to suit your headline like a good tabloid journalist.
Elsewhere he says he's willing to spend money.

Özim
08-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I'd say his words clearly point to a guy who is going to stick to the same policies he has over the last 7 years, the fact he constantly refers to this subject about money suggests to me he has a real problem with spending.

He's always saying sh*t like "in England everyone thinks money isn't the answer" etc he puts so much emphasis on this it's hard to believe he doesn't have a real problem with it, this line in the article is a joke though "“We want to be the best. But the best is not only about buying players. We need to continue with what has made our strength until now."....is he serious? We've be f*cking awful so what strength is he talking about, is this the strength that has seen us bottle everything in sight since 2005?

Any manager can see we need some serious investment now, everyone about from the one guy that matters of course, he's in total denial thinking he can magic his way out of this situation using some sort of mythical values and traits his team possesses. he clearly hasn't been watching properly for a while now.

Özim
08-12-2012, 10:46 AM
You're picking and choosing quotes to suit your headline like a good tabloid journalist.
Elsewhere he says he's willing to spend money.
Well yes but it's really half arsed to be honest, it's not a convincing statement at all, he'll spend money on his terms.....i.e if they're cheap and what he considers super super quality (which must be another term for average), he won't splash out on players we actually need at this stage.

It never ceases to amaze me he doesn't accept his policy hasn't worked, he's still harping on about the same stuff never acknowledging that maybe we need a change of direction.

Özim
08-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Yep. Where in the article does he say he won't spend it?
He actually says the opposite, but don't let the that get in the way of the headline.
When has he ever really spent money, we've had a positive transfer balance for years now. Not sure why that would change, he's still discussing the issue of money in much the same way he has since he last won something i.e spend but spend cautiously.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 10:49 AM
:lol: of course he says he's willing to spend money.

he's been spouting the same shit for 7 years to please fans and media.

i choose to look at action rather than words.

a man who says one thing but does another.

he's shot.

Özim
08-12-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure how people can defend him anymore when he has a proven record of underspending and neglecting the team in favour of the bank balance.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 10:56 AM
they'll defend him even if he takes us into liverpool-esque mediocrity.

they'll stand by his side and pray he'll turn it around.

in the space of 7 years he's downgraded fan expectation from champions to top 4 stagnation.

only a genius can do that and still sit on a throne with an army of supporters.

a genius in being a fucking wanker.

Özim
08-12-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't see what there is to defend anymore to be honest, you can ignore any articles and just look at the pattern of the last 7 years, the article really simply supports what has happened before (over and over and over again(#), it's just another sign of a stubborn man who won't change his ways for anyone or anything even when they have proven to be a total failure....something he seems to totally deny, in fact more often than not he seems to hail this period as a success and a time when we've shown great strength and quality.

Mystifying how this guy just doesn't wake up from the pipe dream.

GP
08-12-2012, 11:02 AM
they'll defend him even if he takes us into liverpool-esque mediocrity.

Who will?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 11:09 AM
jenkinsons dad.

Özim
08-12-2012, 11:10 AM
jenkinsons dad.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Who will?

The hordes on here with all their pro Wenger posts infecting every thread regardless of topic.

That's who! :angry:

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Pure rhetoric and sentimental BS he spewed in that piece.

Very contradictory too, as he can't be saying he won't change his philosophy and in the same breath say he will spend. This as he's always been frugal. Ebenezer Scrooge would be proud of his descendant.

Also, clearly deluded. Proven by this utterance: “We want to be the best. But the best is not only about buying players. We need to continue with what has made our strength until now." What strength is he alluding to? Does he mean the strength we showed against Norwich and Swansea, and Aston Villa? Or is it the strength that saw off all our world class players? Last one as recent as summer. And how else are you going to get the best players? This isn't 1998 or 2000, you know.

The guy has been pulling the same con for years and yet he's still revered by many who seem willing to fight tooth and nail in defending their messiah. Just when did anti-Wenger become anti-Arsenal?

wenger-ites :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 12:40 PM
:wenger-ites:

No.

Arsenal fans.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I want him gone - so much so I don't want him actually spending any money, because I'd rather the funds were available to a manager I'd have more confidence in to buy what we need and deploy the new players where we need them.

That said, there is nothing inconsistent in that article. We had limited resources, we now have more, and we're going to continue to work within those increased resources. The same philosophy.

Aint gonna work though.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 12:47 PM
No.

Arsenal fans.

Makes sense.

Impossible to be an Arsenal fan if you are anti-Wenger

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 12:53 PM
I want him gone - so much so I don't want him actually spending any money, because I'd rather the funds were available to a manager I'd have more confidence in to buy what we need and deploy the new players where we need them.

That said, there is nothing inconsistent in that article. We had limited resources, we now have more, and we're going to continue to work within those increased resources. The same philosophy.

Aint gonna work though.

Now, this I can understand. Very good reasoning and logic here. But we also do not want the squad to be too bare when a new manager arrives.

Wenger could help by making a few quality signings. Leave on a good note ffs.

Maestro
08-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Anyone watching Soccer Saturday?

Real talk, home truths by everyone on the panel

"people don't want to watch a brand, they want to see a good team winning matches"

Kroenke is a ****

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 01:11 PM
did you see the klopp part?

turned a financially ruined club into the best attacking team in europe.

thats what i call genius.

Maestro
08-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Now, this I can understand. Very good reasoning and logic here. But we also do not want the squad to be too bare when a new manager arrives.

Wenger could help by making a few quality signings. Leave on a good note ffs.

I for two, cannot trust him whatsover with any of our financial resources. He has spent foolishly a few times and has failed to deploy our funds efficiently. You just cannot go out there and bring players like Chamakh, Squid, Park, Forehead, Santos ...put them on very good first team wages, and then turn around and tell fans that "they are very good players that will add to the team". That's a tranfer shambles right there, a fraud that needs to be investigated.

In addition, you cannot bump up wages for average young players that have not proved anything yet. That's a very flawed policy and has been shown up. We now have a finacial responsibility and losing hundreds of thousands a week, on wages for a lot of players that are either on loan or cannot even make the bench.

GB is right, we cannot trust this man with anymore money. Pissed off with Kroenke, Gazdickhead, the board, the manager ....the whole lot of them tbh

Maestro
08-12-2012, 01:18 PM
did you see the klopp part?

turned a financially ruined club into the best attacking team in europe.

thats what i call genius.

that was great, watched it.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Gazdickhead :haha:

Kano
08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Makes sense.

Impossible to be an Arsenal fan if you are anti-Wenger
do you not realise how gay all this pro/anti-wenger thing is? it only works if you are 8.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Or if you have an agenda.

Syn
08-12-2012, 01:33 PM
do you not realise how gay all this pro/anti-wenger thing is? it only works if you are 8.

I cringe every time I read it.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM

Aint gonna work though.

Easy for people to twist an article for their own gain.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 01:51 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't see what there is to defend anymore to be honest, you can ignore any articles and just look at the pattern of the last 7 years, the article really simply supports what has happened before (over and over and over again(#), it's just another sign of a stubborn man who won't change his ways for anyone or anything even when they have proven to be a total failure....something he seems to totally deny, in fact more often than not he seems to hail this period as a success and a time when we've shown great strength and quality.

Mystifying how this guy just doesn't wake up from the pipe dream.

Thats enough about ollie what about Wumger.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 01:59 PM

No one was twisting anything. Just that some of us are willing to call BS when we see it and quite rightly so after Wenger has been doing and saying the same BS for years.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 02:09 PM
No one was twisting anything. Just that some of us are willing to call BS when we see it and quite rightly so after Wenger has been doing and saying the same BS for years.

You don't need an article to call him on his BS though, it just seem every article thats posted and even without quotes, people need to use to to score points etc.

And i was not talking about you Josh, me ans you have agreed on alot on things. I know what you feel from wenger comes from the heart and not some grudge.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 02:10 PM
chezza on soccer saturday.

knows the passion of the club. knows the importance of the derbies. knows the AFC traditions.

refreshing especially from a foreign player.

cut out the overcomplicated passes and he'll turn great.

lots of work yet though.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 02:11 PM
chezza on soccer saturday.

knows the passion of the club. knows the importance of the derbies. knows the AFC traditions.

refreshing especially from a foreign player.

cut out the overcomplicated passes and he'll turn great.

lots of work yet though.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM
You don't need an article to call him on his BS though, it just seem every article thats posted and even without quotes, people need to use to to score points etc.

And i was not talking about you Josh, me ans you have agreed on alot on things. I know what you feel from wenger comes from the heart and not some grudge.

How the fuck does one make a comeback after this response?

Meh :blink:

Charlie :bow:

Top diffuser :bow:

Charlie for mod :scarf:

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I cringe every time I read it.

Just what I'd expect to hear from a Wengerite. Wake up and smell the COFFEE!!!!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Ollie the Optimist
08-12-2012, 02:38 PM
erm

“It (our philosophy) won’t change. It doesn’t mean we will not spend money. I am always painted like a guy who refuses to spend money, but I just think I act like a responsible manager because we went through a period where we had restricted funds and I acted in a responsible way.

philosophy has been to penny pinch and save.

philosophy wont change = will continue not spending.

honestly this is like talking to a kid. your drive to defend wenger makes you overlook the obvious.

what do you want clarification on next? what day it is?

how about the quote next to one you highlighted where he says that doesnt mean he wont spend money?

he has spent money recently, last summer he spent 35 million in just transfer fees, when you add in the wages, i guess overall spending will come close to around 50-60 million for 3 players.

Özim
08-12-2012, 02:42 PM

There's not really anything to twist though from what I can see, he shows a real reluctance to spend and that comes across in the article. Someone who is happy to go out and spend the necessary doesn't highlight money as much as he chooses to, they just get on with it and say we're looking to bring a few players in....Wenger on the other hand always seems to bring up this, "money isn't the answer" thing he likes to talk about.

This is like his spirit and togetherness sh*t, he actually believes this stuff.

Özim
08-12-2012, 02:45 PM
how about the quote next to one you highlighted where he says that doesnt mean he wont spend money?

he has spent money recently, last summer he spent 35 million in just transfer fees, when you add in the wages, i guess overall spending will come close to around 50-60 million for 3 players.
The money spent is always a necessity after selling our 1st teamers, it's spending from players sales, not really investment in the team. Most of the time it's not even adequate enough to replace our outgoing players as this season has proved.

From what I've seen he's been saying similar things for years and has never really invested in the team properly, players have complained about it, fans have complained about it so it's nothing new and nothing will change, it never does with Wenger.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 02:49 PM

the quote next to that one is irrelevant because its the same shit spouted for 7 years without action.

it becomes meaningless when you say things then dont follow it up by action.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 02:51 PM
There's not really anything to twist though from what I can see, he shows a real reluctance to spend and that comes across in the article. Someone who is happy to go out and spend the necessary doesn't highlight money as much as he chooses to, they just get on with it and say we're looking to bring a few players in....Wenger on the other hand always seems to bring up this, "money isn't the answer" thing he likes to talk about.

This is like his spirit and togetherness sh*t, he actually believes this stuff.

No my point, you don't need an article to know he BS, all articles like this is used to score points. Not really bothred what he says or take it seriously as some seem to then lash out.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-12-2012, 11:23 PM
facebook down tonight apparently :lol:

arsenal medical team :lol:

awful.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Arsenal assistant manager Steve Bould is "upset" over reports of a rift between him and boss Arsene Wenger, ESPN has been told.

In the wake of Tuesday night's humiliating Capital One Cup defeat at League Two side Bradford City, widespread media reports on Thursday morning claimed that there has been a breakdown in the relationship between the former Gunners centre-back and the manager.

However, Bould reported for training on Thursday angered by the claims, and an Arsenal source told ESPN that the two coaches have not fallen out.

"Steve Bould is upset about it as his relationship with Arsene is solid and he has an input into training despite what is being said," the source said. "There is no rift.

"The team is two points off fourth place and the board and the management are united in what they plan to do. It's stay calm and carry on Arsenal."

Bould had previously been Arsenal's defensive coach before taking over as Wenger's No. 2 following the retirement of Pat Rice at the end of last season. The Gunners kept three consecutive clean sheets at the start of the campaign against Sunderland, Stoke and Liverpool, with many directing the praise for that run towards Bould.

However, following a sequence of just four more clean sheets in their ensuing 22 games in all competitions, the spotlight has now returned to Bould for a different reason.

Arsenal currently sit seventh in the Premier League ahead of their weekend trip to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium, the venue of their memorable 7-5 win after extra-time in the Capital One Cup back in October.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/183716.html#c7JBRLsMXuca1uVk.99

fakeyank
13-12-2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gervinho-called-up-to-ivory-coast-squad

The fucks wrong with these Africans?! :lol:

Were they not watching our games before calling up the 'Black Messi'?

Kano
13-12-2012, 06:36 PM
he'll be gone for a month. be fucking happy.

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 06:45 PM

milla
13-12-2012, 09:00 PM

Now all we need is to get the queen to declare Wales as part of africa. :pray:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20721492

Stan Kroenke is a gangsta boy!

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 09:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20721492

Stan Kroenke is a gangsta boy!

Then why the hell did she sell her shares to him? Silly bint made her money needs to STFU tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Back then he was a real innovator and went on to create a team unlike any other; he brought a freshness and a joy to the game, playing in a style that a lot of other teams are now imitating.
I've never believed that the day would come when I thought Wenger might walk away from the club but looking at his body language the other night I honestly think that could happen.

He still has a year-and-a-half left on his contract but it's abundantly clear that he isn't enjoying his football at the moment and as things stand I think there is a real danger that he might not see out those 18 months.
So Arsenal fans - particularly those who are protesting against Wenger now - be careful of what you wish for. Those fans should be asking themselves 'how many managers are there out there who could replace him and do a better job?'
If pushed I can think of only one and that's Pep Guardiola, who seemingly wants to manage not only in England but at a London-based team. Everybody has jumped to the conclusion that will be Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif but I'm not so sure.
But apart from Guardiola, who do you want Arsenal fans? Do you really want Jose Mourinho with his 'win at all costs' approach? Maybe you do - but do you really want a manager who pokes opposition coaches in the eye when things are going badly? Let me know if you like by using the feedback form at the bottom of this page.
BlameIn the past people have criticised Wenger for sticking by his principle of playing kids in the League Cup's various guises, so it must have been particularly galling for him to put out a strong team against Bradford, to lose and still end up taking plenty of flak.
But when you consider the players who were out there on the pitch, I don't think you can level the finger of blame at Wenger this time - not when he selected the likes of Jack Wilshere, (http://topics.skysports.com/Jack+Wilshere/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Santi Cazorla, Gervinho, Lukas Podolski, Wojciech Szczesny, Per Mertesacker and Thomas Vermaelen. (http://topics.skysports.com/Thomas+Vermaelen/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
Wenger has been criticised in some quarters for failing to motivate his players but when it comes to the quarter-final of a cup competition - particularly a match that could see them on the wrong end of a potential giant killing that would be a blot on their CV forever more - the players should be able to motivate themselves.
I'm not going to be a total apologist for Wenger, though, because one of the things that puzzled me about Tuesday's match - and I'm sure it puzzled Arsenal fans as well - was how Wenger set up the team.
Podolski is effectively a central striker yet he was playing out wide; Gervinho is a wide player but was playing as a central striker; Aaron Ramsey is a central midfielder, yet took up a wide role.
Maybe Wenger, after so successfully transforming Thierry Henry from winger to striker, thinks he can do it again? But it rather smacks of square pegs in round holes, I'm afraid, and it causes a fair amount of dissatisfaction.
TroubleThe question, with the January transfer window approaching, is can things really continue like this at Arsenal? Disgruntled fans will say 'no' but there's still a very good chance that Arsenal will finish in the top four at the end of the season and, if that's the case, I know of 88 other league clubs who would love to be in that position.
At present Arsenal are a soundly-run club. Some supporters will say they err too much on the side of caution but Arsenal did spend significantly in the summer and it amazes me when I hear people say that Arsenal need to go out and buy players for the present, not the future.
Have those same people not looked at the ages of Olivier Giroud, of Podolksi and Mertesacker? Wenger did go out and buy established players in the transfer window.
The trouble is that this time around the younger players haven't really flourished for one reason or another; I'm thinking of Wilshere, in particular, and before that, Kieran Gibbs. The Emmanuel Frimpongs of this world who were supposed to be 'the next generation' are struggling to deliver.
Frimpong, currently on loan at Charlton, is just one of a phenomenal number of players at Arsenal who haven't quite made the grade there and perhaps never will.
StructureI've read reports this week that Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has promised to make 'significant funds' available to Wenger in January so that he can strengthen the squad but the club's recent lack of success means that attracting high-calibre players will be difficult.
Moreover, Arsenal's commitment to a rigid pay structure is a major stumbling block - one that cost them the services of Robin van Persie (http://topics.skysports.com/Robin+van+Persie/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and probably Samir Nasri (http://topics.skysports.com/Samir+Nasri/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif too. Who knows - it may cost them Theo Walcott (http://topics.skysports.com/Theo+Walcott/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif in the not too distant future as well.
So how are Arsenal going to attract the superstar names unless they break that structure?
Every manager out there will tell you that January is the worst time to buy, and in Arsenal's case it's hard to see how they can achieve immediate returns because there aren't many players eligible to play in the last 16 of the Champions League who will sign for a wage that is less than they believe they are worth.
For my money, Arsenal simply have to give the players who are there right now more time to prove themselves. Giroud has barely had a decent run in the team. Likewise, Podolski has been in and out.
Yes, they've just got Wilshere back but only because he's playing at 90 per cent and the return of Abou Diaby, who was fantastic when he was fit earlier in the season, still seems some way off.
Personally, I think Arsenal should be reluctant to go out there and spend for the sake of spending.
The club is being carefully run and they shouldn't ruin that with a kneejerk, panic spending spree. Instead they should wait until the summer and if things are no better by then, Wenger - if he is ready for the challenge - will have a far greater number of players to choose from.
Jeff's Gem of the WeekSorry Arsenal fans, but you know what is coming - yes, it's Bradford. It was quite something for a team of lower league pros who have been around the block a couple times to produce a performance like that. They were outstanding throughout the whole 120 minutes even if for much of the second half it was backs-to-the-wall stuff. They showed terrific resilience and when Arsenal equalised I don't think there was a football fan in the land - not even in Bradford - who did not expect them to capitulate in extra time, but they didn't! The bottle they showed was something else. Alan Connell's penalty, which put them 3-1 up in the penalty shoot-out, was absolutely fantastic. Bradford have always had fantastic support and rightly so because they were one of the very first clubs to introduce an innovative scheme where you could buy a season ticket for a ridiculously low price. They did it just to fill the ground and they did so successfully that a lot of clubs have followed their example. There are obviously good people running the club. I'm so pleased for the manager Phil Parkinson (http://topics.skysports.com/Phil+Parkinson/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif because he hasn't had the easiest of times since his success at Colchester. Meanwhile Bradford have spent years in the doldrums and it's so good to see them on their way back. They've got a good ground, a fantastic fan-base and a good manager. Hopefully, from their point of view, they can go further in the cup and secure promotion as well.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,12088_8330207,00.html