PDA

View Full Version : we're a bit like the spuds

mr_brighterside
11-11-2014, 07:48 PM
:sick:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/11/arsenal-tottenham-fans-question-clubs

Fans of Tottenham and Arsenal do not tend to agree with each other on many things but they appear to be linked in feeling similarly vexed about why their clubs experience Groundhog seasons and seem to have their heads in the sand when it comes to breaking the repetition.

Both clubs tick over so healthily from a financial perspective it is hard for either board to accept any finger-pointing. However, the question of whether they have put in place the healthiest environment for their clubs to flourish is valid. It is a question that comes from completely different angles – Wenger has such an incredible amount of power he seems to be beyond questions from above at Arsenal, and Tottenham’s relentless managerial turnover is a completely different story. Both clubs seem stuck in their cycles, though, unable to improve beyond the annual chase for fourth or a Europa League position.

Being financially viable is not success and fans have every right to say that loud and clear.

BOBN
11-11-2014, 08:34 PM
If you combined both squads, you still wouldnt be able to fashion a good side.

Says it all im afraid.

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2014, 09:06 PM
It's all getting out of hand again, as it always does. A few bad results and we're the spuds. Don't think so. We're underachievers, they're shit. Different. We all agree the manager isn't making the most of the resources he has, but suddenly we are crap, have no good players except Alexis, need to sell Ramsey, etc, etc. Silliness.

Master Splinter
11-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Ramsey wouldn't even get into a combined North London XI anymore.

He's that shit.

Capoue > Ramsey tbh.

Bumble
11-11-2014, 09:52 PM
It's all getting out of hand again, as it always does. A few bad results and we're the spuds. Don't think so. We're underachievers, they're shit. Different. We all agree the manager isn't making the most of the resources he has, but suddenly we are crap, have no good players except Alexis, need to sell Ramsey, etc, etc. Silliness.

they aren't saying we are the spuds in the sense of being the same standard. but we are the spuds in the sense that each season is a repeat of prior seasons with no noticeable improvement.

Penguin
12-11-2014, 07:36 AM
they aren't saying we are the spuds in the sense of being the same standard. but we are the spuds in the sense that each season is a repeat of prior seasons with no noticeable improvement.
Yep, and both of us are also constantly underachieving, our fans are always moaning (although with good reason), booing our own players on the pitch. Our players ditching us for our rivals. The bitterness is seeping into our club now too.

:shrug:

PGFC
12-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Must not swear, but no, no we're not.

Letters
12-11-2014, 01:23 PM
If you combined both squads, you still wouldnt be able to fashion a good side.
Rubbish.

Dein-machine
12-11-2014, 02:12 PM

"suddenly we are crap, have no good players except Alexis, need to sell Ramsey etc " - I'm really not sure how silly that actually is.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Rubbish.

Exactly, as much as I hate saying this Spurs have decent players

I'd definitely take Lloris over Szczesny right now

And Vertonghen over both Monreal and Mertesacker

Someone like Capoue isn't exactly great but we'd get more protection from him than Arteta and Flamini

Lloris, Gibbs, Vertonghen, Mertesacker,Chambers, Capoue, Wilshere, Eriksen, Chadli, Oxlade Chamberlain, Sanchez

(Still leaves Chambers exposed but Rose is shit)

Niall_Quinn
12-11-2014, 02:49 PM
"suddenly we are crap, have no good players except Alexis, need to sell Ramsey etc " - I'm really not sure how silly that actually is.

It's very silly. We have the infrastructure, the finances and the players, we are no worse off than most clubs when it comes to having leeches in the boardroom. What we need now is a guy who can bring it all together on the pitch.

Dein-machine
12-11-2014, 03:11 PM
It's very silly. We have the infrastructure, the finances and the players, we are no worse off than most clubs when it comes to having leeches in the boardroom. What we need now is a guy who can bring it all together on the pitch.

Yes ofcourse we need a guy who can bring it together because the current guy HAS got us playing crap football & DOES have quite a few players not good enough in our starting line-up.
The finances are wasted on Wenger. He is unable to spend the required amount to have a balanced squad. His love of collecting attacking midfielders at the expense of the desperate need to buy defensive quality is beyond belief.
A man that helped football to evolve but was unable to evolve himself - Wengers epitaph.

BOBN
12-11-2014, 06:00 PM

Someone like Capoue isn't exactly great but we'd get more protection from him than Arteta and Flamini

Lloris, Gibbs, Vertonghen, Mertesacker,Chambers, Capoue, Wilshere, Eriksen, Chadli, Oxlade Chamberlain, Sanchez

You call that an improvement? :lol:

That team would be found out in exactly the same way as the current lot.

Id prefer a mesh with West Ham.

In fact a Southampton-West Ham joint side is superior to an Arsenal-Spurs one tbh.

Dein-machine
12-11-2014, 06:08 PM

And out of your North London super team only Lloris & Sanchez would be of any interest to the top clubs in EPL or Europe. Make a Manchester team up & see the difference. Its no good spouting on about money spent, this is what were up against & you can only put 11 players out there. If we're not ever going to compete again, just tell us we're playing for 4th every year & take the pressure off. May have to reduce the season tickets though, you may get a phone call from your sponsors & you will lose any players with ambition & struggle to sign any with ambition.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-11-2014, 06:24 PM
You call that an improvement? :lol:

That team would be found out in exactly the same way as the current lot.

Id prefer a mesh with West Ham.

In fact a Southampton-West Ham joint side is superior to an Arsenal-Spurs one tbh.

Do i call that an improvement?

In the sense that it's better than our current starting line up yes.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-11-2014, 06:26 PM
And out of your North London super team only Lloris & Sanchez would be of any interest to the top clubs in EPL or Europe. Make a Manchester team up & see the difference. Its no good spouting on about money spent, this is what were up against & you can only put 11 players out there. If we're not ever going to compete again, just tell us we're playing for 4th every year & take the pressure off. May have to reduce the season tickets though, you may get a phone call from your sponsors & you will lose any players with ambition & struggle to sign any with ambition.

Rather extraordinary reaction, i think my point is that despite how shit spurs are there are players in that side that could improve us overall...i don't think i was proclaiming it to be world beating

the defence of a Manchester XI wouldn't exactly be great guns at the moment.

GP
13-11-2014, 09:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2PayqNCIAAm4mx.jpg