PDA

View Full Version : Wenger considering giving Diaby a new contract

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-11-2014, 12:12 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/17/abou-diaby-arsenal-arsene-wenger

“If he comes back, I will keep him. I always believed in him. In football, the most important thing is health.”

:haha: :haha: :haha:

This guy is mentally disabled. Someone put him to sleep. The daft cunt.

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2014, 12:27 PM
It's such a shame we didn't sign Hargreaves to keep him company.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-11-2014, 01:06 PM
I used to regard the Wind up Merchant moniker attached to Wenger as hyperbole

Now I think he actually says these things to elicit a negative response

"The more you question and criticise me the more intransigent ill become, the more ill protect my sacred cows and the less likely ill be to consider the validity of what I'm doing"

It's a prime example of being corrupted by power, the plus side is that Mrs Thatcher's cabinet were all spineless little yes men but they all stuck the knife in eventually

Marc Overmars
18-11-2014, 01:16 PM
In fairness I think we'd all consider Diaby a useful asset if he was ever fit but we know that's never going to be the case. WUMgers gonna WUM.

Power n Glory
18-11-2014, 02:41 PM
I don't think he's aware of how some Arsenal fans feel about the Diaby situation. But since he's speaking in France(I think), they may be wondering what's happening with him because he's highly rated over there apparently. He had that good spell playing for France.

I don't think he expects Arsenal fans back home to be so cut throat about it. It seems like this is something he feels strongly about and is still pissed about the bad tackle that ruined a promising players career. He's doing what he can to help and personally, I won't begrudge him that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I don't think he's aware of how some Arsenal fans feel about the Diaby situation. But since he's speaking in France(I think), they may be wondering what's happening with him because he's highly rated over there apparently. He had that good spell playing for France.

I don't think he expects Arsenal fans back home to be so cut throat about it. It seems like this is something he feels strongly about and is still pissed about the bad tackle that ruined a promising players career. He's doing what he can to help and personally, I won't begrudge him that.

http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Syn
18-11-2014, 03:50 PM

Fair assessment. And I didn't even rate Diaby as a top talent.

fakeyank
18-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Wenger was called the professor back in the days... with his intelligence now, I'd hate to even call him a janitor.

Syn
18-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Wenger was called the professor back in the days... with his intelligence now, I'd hate to even call him a janitor.

True. I'd hate to call him a [menial finance job holder] because he's not one of them either.

Power n Glory
18-11-2014, 04:33 PM

What about the 'Nutty Professor'?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-11-2014, 04:38 PM
His decisions seem to indicate reckless stubbornness or laziness

Laziness seems to be the more likely option

Lack of response from the bench during games

More interested in being paid for punditry on French television than solving the problems befalling the club

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2014, 04:52 PM
I think Wenger finds the fans to be a necessary evil. His concern is the club and the players and he approaches both as if they're his own. He even cuts the kids loose when they hit 30, unless they are poorly like Diaby or a stop-at-home like Arteta.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-11-2014, 04:55 PM
I can see him having a say in appointing a dud when he leaves to piss fans off so that he can say 'told you it wouldn't be better without me'.

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I can see him having a say in appointing a dud when he leaves to piss fans off so that he can say 'told you it wouldn't be better without me'.

But what if van Gaal somehow survives at Utd?

Marc Overmars
18-11-2014, 04:59 PM
His decisions seem to indicate reckless stubbornness or laziness

Laziness seems to be the more likely option

Lack of response from the bench during games

More interested in being paid for punditry on French television than solving the problems befalling the club

It's good because hopefully he becomes a full time pundit when leaves us, I'd rather he didn't stick around upstairs.

fakeyank
18-11-2014, 08:04 PM
God I hope not! If I have to listen to him talk about "little bit sharpness" and "Little bit handbrake" all through the match, its as good as someone drilling a hole in your head! :ilt:

AFC Leveller
25-01-2015, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqof0zIDMWs