PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs West Brom (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2014, 02:37 PM
That was quite a drag but good to get a pub win again.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2014, 02:40 PM
One moment of quality decided it between two pub outfits. Great play by Santi down the wing and more importantly a good cross. Great leap by Welbeck but headed it straight at the keeper who should have saved it but we'll take it.

Otherwise a poor team selection by Wenger, more injuries, Ramsey still off form, shoddy passing for much of the game, wasteful in the final third. Still a long way to go to get this team into some sort of shape to start competing with the serious contenders.

fakeyank
29-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Glad to see us play 2 up top again. Thought we played well and shouldve killed the game earlier.

Best part of the match however was the banner by the fans. GTFO Wenger!

Ralpheroo72
29-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Santi being interviewed by Tony Gubba, awful

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Didnt see much of the game, seemed quite turgid of what I did see, scrappy game if we conceded the goal that Wellbz scored than I'd not be too happy with our keeper

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Glad to see us play 2 up top again. Thought we played well and shouldve killed the game earlier.

Best part of the match however was the banner by the fans. GTFO Wenger!

Hmmm, best part could also have been winning.

Marc Overmars
29-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Yay

McNamara That Ghost...
Santi being interviewed by Tony Gubba, awful

Well an interview with the deceased isn't likely to be any good.

Master Splinter
Decent win. Should have been 0-3 at least though.

Clean sheet.

Another good game from Cazorla.

Koscielny back.

Mertesacker winning headers again.

Arsenal :bow:.

Ralpheroo72
29-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Well an interview with the deceased isn't likely to be any good.
Whoever it was from BT Sport, it was awful (Ray Stubbs). My mistake. I was still drunk from the euphoric 90 minutes at the Hawthorns.

GP
29-11-2014, 03:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3nkQw0IIAAWJcs.png

Chippy
29-11-2014, 03:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3nkQw0IIAAWJcs.png
Looks a bit homo erotic to me :d

Chippy
29-11-2014, 03:28 PM
One moment of quality decided it between two pub outfits. Great play by Santi down the wing and more importantly a good cross. Great leap by Welbeck but headed it straight at the keeper who should have saved it but we'll take it.

Otherwise a poor team selection by Wenger, more injuries, Ramsey still off form, shoddy passing for much of the game, wasteful in the final third. Still a long way to go to get this team into some sort of shape to start competing with the serious contenders.
Although I still want Wumger to go, we should remember that we have so many good players still out inured. If we can pub it until they come back, we might just be ok?

Munchies
29-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Still wasteful with the ball

Ramsey is awful right now. Fair enough with some of the chances but he tried shooting from 30 yards at one point and it went way wide. He seems too far forward at times and then nowhere to be seen when they have the ball.

Sanchez and Welbeck did pretty well with their tracking back, and with their interchanging.

Giroud done really well, won the ball and gave us some prescence in the middle

Santi is playing as we all know he can, great game.

Munchies
29-11-2014, 04:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3n1CZYCUAA9Mt_.png

:scarf:

Globalgunner
29-11-2014, 05:03 PM
That banner would never be allowed at the North Korean Emirates. Kim Ju Wenger:wave:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2014, 05:39 PM
It has been at the Emirates, hasn't it?

Globalgunner
29-11-2014, 05:57 PM
It should be there every week.
Unless you're confusing it with the one that says. "Thanks for the good times Arsene. Stay as long as you like".

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2014, 06:02 PM
There have been several protest banners at the Emirates - mainly about working class fans priced out of the game.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2014, 06:14 PM
It should be there every week.
Unless you're confusing it with the one that says. "Thanks for the good times Arsene. Stay as long as you like".

That one I don't remember seeing.

Gooner23
29-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Didn't watch it. Decent result though against a tricky team away from home. I've not seen a banner like that before, especially from the away fans.

fakeyank
29-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Hmmm, best part could also have been winning.
No I wouldn't say that. These meaningless wins that we will etch out will mean Wenger reinforcing his own belief that he is Jesus for arsenal. While a win is good, we must maintain the pressure on the club for him to go.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2014, 06:49 PM
So let's lose all the games and get relegated - that'll show Wenger.

rodders
29-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Glad we won but hardly impressive!!!

adzzzbatch
29-11-2014, 07:45 PM
3rd game in a row I didn't watch :bow: Can I make it 4 in a row in Wednesday little bit pressure on.

I am glad we got a win though!

Japan Shaking All Over
30-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Win yay.....FY for PM

Syn
30-11-2014, 12:19 AM

What was wrong with the selection? We had a hard-working, physically competitive team out there. Did the job. Some players like Chamberlain and Gibbs will need to be rotated or else they'll join the injury list. Sanchez will need a game off soon too.

Don't think anyone had a poor game today. No-one was particularly outstanding either. Cazorla did very well on the goal.

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2014, 01:10 AM
Giroud. Shouldn't have started. He was a passenger for large parts of the game even though the expert pundits tried to make out he was effective in a three pronged attack. Welbeck and Alexis ended up doing all his work. Not surprised he was behind the pace after coming back from injury, was surprised Wenger started him. He would have been better as an option off the bench. Also Gibbs for Monreal is a no-brainer and considering these injuries are going to happen anyway (every week) might as well start with the best players. At least he's out of the CB position now though. Thought Kos did okay on his first game back. And Welbeck and Alexis worked hard.

fakeyank
30-11-2014, 07:08 AM

Never said that. We just need to keep the pressure on him so he can stop giving stupid false dawns every season and get sacked. I do not expect him to turn things around EVER, so while these token wins are good, I have full confidence that he will never do anything worthwhile with this squad.

mr_brighterside
30-11-2014, 07:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3n1CZYCUAA9Mt_.png

:scarf:

:gp:

AFC Leveller
30-11-2014, 08:05 AM
He must have seen that banner, i hope he gets the point and leaves with dignity at the end of the season.

Power n Glory
30-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Didn't watch the game. First game BT Sport has on in months and I miss it shopping! :doh: But sounds as though I didn't miss much.

Also sounds like Santi had a good game and just checked Stat Zone. Top passing combination from us was Santi to Ramsey with 15. Ramsey also managed to find Cazorla 11. Seems like there was a bit more of an understanding with that combo or maybe it was just the opposition.

Injury Time
30-11-2014, 09:46 AM
He must have seen that banner, i hope he gets the point and leaves with Dignitas at the end of the season.

Bit harsh tbf

AFC Leveller
30-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Imagine we had 4 or 5 Sanchezs? players who pres the opposition, work hard and set the tone? Thats why Barcelona were so successfull, they overran the opposition and killed them ruthlessly.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-11-2014, 10:22 AM
What was wrong with the selection? We had a hard-working, physically competitive team out there. Did the job. Some players like Chamberlain and Gibbs will need to be rotated or else they'll join the injury list. Sanchez will need a game off soon too.

Don't think anyone had a poor game today. No-one was particularly outstanding either. Cazorla did very well on the goal.

I was surprised he started because I was under the impression Arsenal were Wellgood's exit from wing duty exile......but the guy is a grafter and not cop a strop......find ways to come in from the left and of course got the goal. There was a good deal if rotation from the front 3 but it is not ideal to have Giroud out wide! Hopefully a fit again Theo will see Danny lead the line and him and Sanchez out wide. I am more than happy for Giroud to come off the bench because I see him being able to have end if game impact.....money needs to be spent on foundation building at back and DM but of course we will probably pay through the nose for a diminutive AM.....time for Cabaye to come home?

GP
30-11-2014, 10:57 AM
I actually think Giroud improves us all over the pitch. He helps to retain possession and he's useful defending set pieces. Quality player.

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I actually think Giroud improves us all over the pitch. He helps to retain possession and he's useful defending set pieces. Quality player.

Agree with him being good at retaining possession and defending. But he's not so great at getting in the danger area when the ball is coming into the box. Welbeck is better at that. Welbeck also has more pace, is technically superior and grafts harder. Welbeck is the better and more effective player. Which is probably why he gets used on the flank, he needs to be fit into the team somewhere or the advantage of his work rate is lost.

When/ if Theo ever gets back, I wonder if this will work?

--- Welbeck --- Giroud --- Alexis ---

--------------- Theo --------------

-------- Santi ------ Ramsey ------

Theo playing in behind Giroud might be very effective. A weapon to go over the top to on the break, a way to open up space for Welbeck and Alexis and the guy to head into the box when Giroud is holding the ball. Ozil could play there when Theo is injured again. Ox could give both Alexis and Welbeck a breather. Jack is the cover in the middle.

AFC Leveller
30-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Giroud plays the lone front man very well, the way he keeps posession and sets up the overlapping midfielders is very efficient.

AFC Leveller
30-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Agree with him being good at retaining possession and defending. But he's not so great at getting in the danger area when the ball is coming into the box. Welbeck is better at that. Welbeck also has more pace, is technically superior and grafts harder. Welbeck is the better and more effective player. Which is probably why he gets used on the flank, he needs to be fit into the team somewhere or the advantage of his work rate is lost.

When/ if Theo ever gets back, I wonder if this will work?

--- Welbeck --- Giroud --- Alexis ---

--------------- Theo --------------

-------- Santi ------ Ramsey ------

Theo playing in behind Giroud might be very effective. A weapon to go over the top to on the break, a way to open up space for Welbeck and Alexis and the guy to head into the box when Giroud is holding the ball. Ozil could play there when Theo is injured again. Ox could give both Alexis and Welbeck a breather. Jack is the cover in the middle.

I think we could play all 4 speedstars at the same time away from home. Welbeck upfront with Theo and Sanchez either side, Ox a bit behind. Places like Stoke, Liverpool, Everton etc where play is very congested and space is tight in the middle, we could contain and hit on the break.

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2014, 01:05 PM
I think we could play all 4 speedstars at the same time away from home. Welbeck upfront with Theo and Sanchez either side, Ox a bit behind. Places like Stoke, Liverpool, Everton etc where play is very congested and space is tight in the middle, we could contain and hit on the break.

I'm assuming Wenger will start Giroud come what may. So the team has to be fit around him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-11-2014, 06:49 PM

That's the idea

Dein-machine
01-12-2014, 09:58 AM
The Banner boys should be complimented - Wenger has to see that he isnt "bullet-proof" or some kind of untouchable messiah that the fans all worship. He has got a lot of fans very angry & he needs to start asking himself why that might be.
Also sends a very clear message to the board which ultimately was why Wenger was so fazed about it - banners like these are out of his control & he doesn't like it.
Well done boys - more banners please. 1st one to spray "don't" on the "In Arsene we trust" banner gets a free Beef & Ale pie from the Food Court.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-12-2014, 11:05 AM
The Banner boys should be complimented - Wenger has to see that he isnt "bullet-proof" or some kind of untouchable messiah that the fans all worship. He has got a lot of fans very angry & he needs to start asking himself why that might be.
Also sends a very clear message to the board which ultimately was why Wenger was so fazed about it - banners like these are out of his control & he doesn't like it.
Well done boys - more banners please. 1st one to spray "don't" on the "In Arsene we trust" banner gets a free Beef & Ale pie from the Food Court.

:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
01-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Imagine we had 4 or 5 Sanchezs? players who pres the opposition, work hard and set the tone? Thats why Barcelona were so successfull, they overran the opposition and killed them ruthlessly.

At least two would be on the bench, one injured and another out on loan.

So I imagine things wouldn't be as different as you think.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-12-2014, 04:46 PM
His responses indicate a man who cannot conceive of the possibility of being wrong

Even a smidgen of humility might go down better, but his response is more i grind my fingers to the bone and when things go wrong it's due to factors outside my control.

Arrogance is fine when you're successful, but in a stagnant situation like we are in its about as welcome as Gary Glitter at your daughters birthday party

Letters
01-12-2014, 04:57 PM
His responses indicate a man who cannot conceive of the possibility of being wrong
Good thing there's no-one like that on here.

##

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm never wrong, I wish I was...its actually boring, there's no surprise in life

Power n Glory
01-12-2014, 05:36 PM

:lol:

AFC Leveller
02-12-2014, 09:27 AM

Yeah thats actually true.

Özim
02-12-2014, 12:23 PM

Even a smidgen of humility might go down better, but his response is more i grind my fingers to the bone and when things go wrong it's due to factors outside my control.

Arrogance is fine when you're successful, but in a stagnant situation like we are in its about as welcome as Gary Glitter at your daughters birthday party

Completely agree, he seems to think anyone with an opinion different to him must be an imbecile.

There's only one way with him, the Wenger way, every other method is wrong or flawed regardless or results.