PDA

View Full Version : Time to come home Thierry

Ollie the Optimist
02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
So this week, Thierry has announced he is leaving New York, and most likely he will retire. However, Wenger said today that he is almost certain that Henry will return to the club in some capacity one day. Cant let Thierry slip through the net like Viera and end up at City etc. Just having him around makes everything better, having him on the coaching staff would be great. Im sure he could even manage to get Sanogo shooting properly. Time for Thierry to come home.

However, if Thierry does retire and has played his last game of football, then it is a sad day. The man was simply the greatest striker the premier league and Arsenal have seen. A genius. The king

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Welcome to man city.

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2014, 02:30 PM
He's leaving today and wants to be part of it at Arsenal.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2014, 02:30 PM
I could see Henry being yes man, so that's perfect for Wenger.

Özim
02-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Welcome to man city.

:lol:

Letters
02-12-2014, 02:59 PM
My only reservation is...well, you can't coach what Henry can do.
He'd be great to have around but fantastic player does not always equal fantastic coach.

fakeyank
02-12-2014, 03:36 PM
I'd have him back in a role similar to Vieira's at City.. no way do I want him alongside Wenger in the coaching staff. He will never open his mouth and end up being his yes man. In my eyes, Wenger has already destroyed most of his legacy, I cant see my favorite player of all time fuck it up too.

Letters
02-12-2014, 03:39 PM
In my eyes, Wenger has already destroyed most of his legacy
Unless he burns the Emirates down on his way out of the door, all the trophies are expunged from the record books and videos of the teams that won them are all wiped then that's pretty much impossible.

fakeyank
02-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Unless he burns the Emirates down on his way out of the door, all the trophies are expunged from the record books and videos of the teams that won them are all wiped then that's pretty much impossible.

Thats why I said "In my eyes.."

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Oh look it's Mr I want wenger out but won't accept any criticism of him whatsoever on the forum.

Power n Glory
02-12-2014, 04:09 PM
I don’t want Henry getting mixed up with this sorry lot running the club. He’s a part of the Highbury legacy, The Invincibles. It’s night and day between that era and the crap we see now and I’d like to keep it that way. He’ll taint his reputation if he decides to come back under Wenger.

Dein-machine
02-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Oh look it's Mr I want wenger out but won't accept any criticism of him whatsoever on the forum.

:lol: - Good name for a new MR MEN character.

Dein-machine
02-12-2014, 04:15 PM
I don't know what you're all going on about in relation to whether he works on the coaching staff under Wenger or not - that's not what Wenger's interested in - he's heard he's on a free & wants him as left back cover, simples

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Thats why I said "In my eyes.."

That's why I poked his eyed out with a stick. You're welcome.

Letters
02-12-2014, 07:42 PM
:lol: - Good name for a new MR MEN character.

Is he the nemesis of Mr Bit too thick to form a coherent, intelligent argument so makes up for it by WUMming and having pointless digs at other posters whose arguments he's too dense to understand?

:coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Henry's legacy as a player wouldn't be tainted by coaching, no matter how that goes.

Tony Adams seems to still get plaudits for his playing career as a defender but is a terrible manager for example.

Xhaka Can’t
03-12-2014, 08:01 AM
I could be wrong, but I just don't see Henry as being a coach or Manager.

GP
03-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Is he the nemesis of Mr Bit too thick to form a coherent, intelligent argument so makes up for it by WUMming and having pointless digs at other posters whose arguments he's too dense to understand?

:coffee:

Little Miss Sand in her Vagina

Power n Glory
03-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Henry's legacy as a player wouldn't be tainted by coaching, no matter how that goes.

Tony Adams seems to still get plaudits for his playing career as a defender but is a terrible manager for example.

But he's been terrible as a manager at other clubs. Since retiring he hasn't really been linked with Arsenal. He hardly talks about us in the press and that helps preserve his status as a legend.

Ian Wright on the other hand, he's never managed but with all the stuff he's said in the press about the club, it's tainted him slightly. After the SWP transfer, his stock with Arsenal fans have fallen and that's just him talking to the press.

I can imagine Henry joining the club and spouting more 'pro Wenger' nonsense like he's done before and attempt to lecture the fans about support like the last time he joined us on loan. I don't want to see that or for him to be a part of these final years. It's not the same club he left and I wouldn't want him to learn the hard way.

fakeyank
03-12-2014, 04:10 PM
:gp:

Syn
03-12-2014, 04:15 PM
that is precisely right. And it would be such an easy way for Wenger to gain some support by bringing Henry back. Henry would always publicly defend him. But wenger doesn't seem to want to do that. Weird. Almost like if the cunt has some principles. In the same situation Brendan Rogers would've signed him on a 5 year deal.

Niall_Quinn
03-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Usmanov was calling Wenger out on those principles you mention. He said principles are okay until they get in the way, then they are a pain in the cunt and should be ditched - or words to that effect. This is why we need Usmanov to take over the club and secure our future, until such a time as securing our future becomes a pain in the cunt.

Niall_Quinn
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM
'Sometimes I say to myself that having been invaded by the Germans, we would be better led today.' - Petit talking about Henry and how he is perceived in France.
:haha:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2859144/Emmanuel-Petit-Thierry-Henry-statue-England-French-don-t-like-cowardly-hypocritical.html

Power n Glory
03-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Daily mail....can't trust the source. ;)